Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Stars Are Blind

Destructive words to make it so, but none of this is you you know

by getup_n_go 1 review

Drinking + hanging out with a straight edge = big fight

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-09-28 - Updated: 2006-09-29 - 1743 words

0Unrated

Title: "Give It All Away" - Ben Jelen

After a night of drinking rather heavily, with Pete chugging his Red Bulls by her side, Corbin was feeling a little emotional. Pete completely surprised her by being in the city and whole week early and especially by randomly being at a club by her dorm. She really felt like giving him a proper welcome home evening, but ended up getting completely smashed, and the alcohol came to a point where it started to taste like water and she lost control of the situation. Corbin reached out for her fifth Ketel One and tonic and somehow actually managed to drink it, but ended up not sitting her glass down straight, the bits of ice sliding across the table and she giggled and tried in vain to put them back in her glass. Pete hadn't really been paying much attention to Corbin all night, choosing to talk to his band mates and a few of their friends, because he was sort of pissed off at her decision to drink. He didn't even realize the amount she had drank until he noticed the sloppy way her glass fell over and glared at her. She turned and grinned at him.

"Core, what are you doing?" he asked her harshly. She giggled again.

"Having a drink, duh," she replied. He continued to glare at her. He was straight edge, but was not one of those people who tries to force his ideals on other people, merely suggests them as an option for the open minded individual, but he would expect his girlfriend to at least respect him more then this, but she never did.

"You're wasted. Stop it," he said, pulling the glass from her hand. She smacked him on the arm and stared him down. They stared at each other for a few seconds, before Corbin looked away, upset that he was upset with her. She huffed.

"What's the fucks your problem, Pete?" she yelled, yanking her drink back. He let go of it, but refused to look at Corbin. He was in disbelief at her behavior; she was actually starting to get embarrassing. She downed her sixth Ketel One and tonic and tried to order another, but Pete signaled to the waitress to not get one. She suddenly announced the she had to pee (no kidding) and slowly tried to stand up and her wobbly legs. She got halfway up and fell back down on her ass, laughing the whole time. Patrick was sitting on her right and put his hand out to catch her, thinking she was going to wipe out, but she ended up just sitting.

"Pete," Patrick began, leaning behind Corbin to reach him, "you might want to get her out of here, they are going to stop serving her anyway if she stays like this," he gently suggested. Pete nodded, wanting absolutely nothing to do with Corbin at this moment, but he knew Patrick was right. He reached around Corbin's giggling shoulders and she jumped, turning to stare at him. Her eyes were completely glazed over; she looked like she had a fog around her. She shrugged at Pete's hands and when he didn't remove them, she started to shove at them.

"Pete, get off me!" she yelled at him. He stayed with his arm around her, trying to get her to calm down, but in doing so he was only making her madder.

"Come on, let's get out of here," he said, wishing he were saying that so they could go make love, which was his ultimate goal his first night back at home.

"No! I'm not ready to leave yet. I'm having fun, maybe you should try it," she snapped at him. She really knew that Pete was one of the most fun people in the world, but she wasn't exactly thinking clearly. The waitress actually brought her another drink, to Pete's huge surprise, and Corbin chugged it down in a few seconds. That made seven.

"Corbin!" he yelled at her, as she sat the glass down with a bang. She felt fine for a second, but the very next second she felt her stomach churn. She got up in a hurry, stumbling over Patrick and his girlfriend as she high tailed it to the nearest rest room. Pete watched her go and felt his temper being to rise. Joe was sitting on Pete's left and felt his friend's anger.

"Try not to over react when she comes back, dude," Joe said to him, drinking a decent amount himself. Pete just shook his head and stood up, making his way to the ladies room to intercept Corbin. A few seconds later, she emerged from the bathroom, looking absolutely fine. She saw Pete, but chose to ignore him, feeling angry with him for being so uptight. She walked past him but he grabbed her arm and she stopped.

"Let me go, Pete. I don't want to go home yet. I'm just having a good time," she said, glaring at him.

"I'm not letting you go until we get back to my house. You're acting like a fucking child, Corbin," he spat at her. He knew how to press her buttons when he wanted to and with both of them being Gemini's; they usually set off at the exact same time. Their seven year age difference was one of the major things she hated him bringing up.

"Fuck you," she replied, pulling her arm from his grip. She began storming away from him but he jogged up to her, cutting her off this time knowing he was going to be able to get her out of the club without to much of a scene.

"Leave me alone!" she screamed at him. He grabbed her hand, thinking it was less bossy then grabbing her arm again and she followed him out of the club and into the dim Chicago street.

"What the fuck is your problem, Peter!?" she yelled at him.

"You're drunk and I just want to get back to my house, okay? I'm just trying to help," he replied. Corbin laughed mockingly at him.

"That's so funny! I can go fucking months without you and I still manage to know how to fucking breath, what makes you think I need you now?" she replied angrily.

"You know there isn't a god damn thing I can do about my job and how long it keeps me away! I just care about you and I'm just trying to make sure you're safe!"

"Oh my god, Pete! You don't care about me! You could give less then a shit about me," she replied beginning to walk up the street, "Do you ever call me when you're away? No. Do you ever IM me, myspace me, send me a fucking owl? No. Nothing. Jesus, you are god knows where all the time doing god knows what with god knows who while I'm sitting in class, going to play rehearsal, and getting paid minimum wage! It gets really lonely around here a lot without you. I'm surrounded by you, everywhere I look there you are, but you never even think of me!" Pete was rendered speechless, which doesn't happen very often. It was true that he didn't call her while he was away; it just hurts too much to have to hear her voice but not be able to hold her.

"That's bullshit and you know it is!" he said following close behind her, "Okay I may not call you every night but the fact that you think I don't think about you is bullshit. You are always on my mind, so much in fact that I do all I can to stop thinking about you." Corbin wasn't sure what he meant, but she seemed to recall doing the same thing just earlier that day. She felt her head begin to pulse. The mixture of alcohol and anger in her brain just hit her and she wanted another drink. She got to the corner of West Belmont and hailed a cab, knowing she would probably get busted for public intoxication and underage drinking if she stayed on the road. Pete climbed into the cab behind her and they sat in silence back to her dorm.

Once inside, Corbin headed straight for the liquor her and her roommate kept in a down low cabinet, hidden behind stacks of dishes. Pete quickly went to the bathroom, ready for round two of this fight. Corbin pulled out some vodka and grabbed a Red Bull out her fridge and just poured them both into a glass. Pete came back from the bathroom to see Corbin begin to pour herself more alcohol and thought he was going to kill her. He walked up behind her and yanked the bottle of vodka out of hand, silently wondering how her and her roommate had obtained such a collection of alcohol.

"Pete, just leave me the fuck alone and go home to your mommy, okay. I'm not in the mood," she said in reply to him taking her vodka away, "I know you don't drink, but I do so get the fuck over it. I'm a big girl; I know how to handle myself!"

"No you're not. You're a child. You don't know half the things I do. I've seen a lot in my life so far and you obviously don't know how to handle yourself because you don't know when you've had enough!"

"Get out! Don't ever call me a fucking child again! Get out of here!" Corbin screamed at Pete. She couldn't believe it! Twice in one night he called her a child. Pete nodded.

"Fine! I'm gone. I'm sick of doing this with you when I'm home. You have a problem and you won't commit to it and all I do is try to help you. I bet in your head you make this relationship out to be perfect and amazing when what it really is, is a god damn joke! I can't do this with you anymore Core! I love you, you know that, but I'm just so tired of pretending like you don't have problem," he said walking to the front door. She stared at him, not showing any sign of remorse at telling him to go, so Pete left, slamming the door shut behind him. Corbin grabbed the bottle of vodka and retreated to the couch, taking a huge gulp...
Sign up to rate and review this story