Categories > Books > Phantom of the Opera > Erik/Christine Oneshots

Music teacher/Single Parent (Modern AU) 2/2

by operaghostangst 0 reviews

Reconnecting

Category: Phantom of the Opera - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Erik - Published: 2021-07-26 - 586 words

0Unrated
The principal seemed to sense that something more was going on at the moment and awkwardly excused himself, rushing down the hallway. Sometimes Erik could have quite the temper, though he'd never actually lost it with any of the children- it wasn't rare for the masked man to become fed up with a parent or two. Erik, for his part, simply gazed at Christine for a moment or two. "Oh...you're Gustave's mother? I should've guessed. I suppose Daae isn't too common of a name around here." He mused lightly as he moved to sit at his desk rather than stand.

"Yes...I'm his only parent...things just didn't work out with Raoul." Christine admitted as she sat across from him, hoping more could come from this situation than just what her son had done. Perhaps they could have the chance to reconnect, potentially come together once more. But in a much better way. She wanted the chance to prove that she didn't care what he looked like, that she harbored feelings for him that she often left unacknowledged and packed away tightly in a little corner of her mind, even when she had been with Raoul.

"Oh.. I'm sorry to hear that, I suppose." Erik trailed off awkwardly, giving her a good once over. It seemed he was trying to figure out what to think of her and it made her a little nervous. Had he moved on? That wouldn't be that surprising and she'd deserve to hear such news. However, her panicking was cut short when he spoke up again. "Perhaps you and I can go out for drinks tomorrow? But we really do need to discuss what happened with Gustave." He suggested.

Christine blushed but smiled, excited by the prospect. Perhaps Charlie would be willing to watch Gustave tomorrow. Besides, she needed help to figure out what outfit suited a date-but- not a date scenario. "I'd like that. I'll give you my number before I leave. Now.. What did my son do?" She finally responded.

"Your son broke one of the piano keys. He chipped the top when he pounded on it with his fist. I suppose he was rather angry with another child in my class...The other child's parents received a phone call but they refused to believe me." Erik explained before leaning forwards to reach out and brush a stray hair out of Christine's face.

"Oh... well, I've had a conversation about that with him when we get home. Would you like me to pay for the damage?" Christine asked, flushing ever so slightly. She was both flustered by what Erik had done a moment ago and the dumb move her son had pulled. She stood up and straightened her dress. The man sitting across from her stood as well.

"No, I will pay for it out of my own pocket. I ...am only doing this because it's you, though. And Gustave, but Sh. I'm not supposed to play favorites or whatever." Erik chuckled lowly before leaning closer, pressing his lips to hers. Christine was surprised that he was already kissing her but she couldn't complain. She returned the kiss without a second thought, wrapping her hand around the back of his neck. He didn't seem inclined to pull away, so she did so slowly after it had lingered a bit.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Christine drawled and winked, grabbing a pen and scribbling down her phone number before she left, leaving Erik gazing after her with a small smile.
Sign up to rate and review this story