Categories > Books > Phantom of the Opera > Erik/Christine Oneshots

LND AU Fem!Erik/Male!Christine 1/

by operaghostangst 0 reviews

The aftermath

Category: Phantom of the Opera - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Erik - Published: 2021-07-26 - 784 words

0Unrated
A/N: IT'S THE VERY BASIC PREMISE, NOT IDENTICAL. NOTHING CHANGES WITH MEG AND MADAME GIRY

Erika had awoken alone after that night and she tried to hide the disappointment she felt. She should've known better. Much better. Why would she expect Christian to stay with her, want to stay with her when he had a much less shameful wife waiting on him. Rachelle was what he deserved, even if she hated the little wench. She was dainty, petite and proper. While Erika was indeed petite it wasn't the attractive kind of petite and she was hardly small. She was a surprising height for a female, though still shorter than the male in question.

It was taking Meg and Madame Giry a little longer than usual to find a way out of Paris for her. It had been almost four months since that night and she was becoming cagey. It didn't help that she'd been getting sick pretty often, and she'd tried her damndest to ignore the almost rapid changes in her body. She had been a scrawny little thing, if not for her hips, ass and thighs. But now she'd filled out faster, mostly in the breast area and surprisingly, her stomach. She knew what was wrong with her, but she didn't wish to acknowledge it. Not fully. The idea that she'd be left with a part of the man she loved while never being able to truly have him was immensely painful. As was the knowledge that it was more than likely that she'd mar Christian's perfect features with her own accursed face.

Erika had been leaning against her organ when the giry's arrived that morning, the smell of bile reaching both women's noses quite easily. Madame Giry noticed her first and rushed over and pulled the woman into a sitting position, watching as her dark locks fell over her masked face. She was always a rather pale woman. It didn't take the older woman long to notice the obvious changes, aside from Erika suddenly being voluptuous. "Goddammit, Erika, who's the father?" She demanded, feeling that she'd already know.

Erika looked at her with miserable, bleary eyes. It almost appealed to the maternal side of the Madame but this complicated things, so she couldn't allow it to. Meg had no such issues. She approached the masked woman, rubbing her back gently. Erika stiffened for a moment but relaxed, the sensation both oddly soothing and only relieving the ache in her back a little bit. "...Christian.. But it doesn't matter. He's married by now. I order you to keep this information to yourself." She admitted softly.

Madame Giry made no promises. She couldn't. It wasn't something she could just lie about. Christian had a right to know as the father of this baby. "Stay with her, Meg. Make sure she eats and stays hydrated." She finally pronounced. She only felt comfortable doing this because Erika wouldn't be able to carry out any threats in this state and if this earned the poor woman his love, well, it may be enough to save her life. Meg nodded slightly and perched on the other side of the organ bench, pulling the pregnant woman back into her. The faintest of concern appeared when Erika didn't try and fight the motion. It was hard to be afraid of the woman when she was in this state.

Christian was miserable, but not in the way that most would expect. He'd realized what a mistake he'd made after he'd left Erika that morning, but he'd thought he'd loved Rachelle. No, he did love Rachelle- just not as one would love a wife. He'd been sure he could after awhile, but he couldn't. It didn't help that Rachelle was in the final trimester of pregnancy... which was bad considering that they'd only been married a little over three months. He left her, leaving her to her little boy toy and had now found himself wanting to go back to Erika. Actually, he'd always wanted to but never followed through on it. It had only intensified after this news. But he was scared. Scared she'd hate him now. Scared she'd be gone, either permanently or that she'd left.

He jumped when he felt a slender hand on his shoulder and he turned around, eyes widening when he saw Madame Giry. He opened his mouth, surprised by the relief in her gaze when she noticed his empty ring finger. But she wouldn't let him. "Please come with me. I'm taking you to her. There is something you need to know." She informed and filled with wild excitement and slight fear, Christian got up and followed behind the old woman without a word.

Sign up to rate and review this story