Categories > Books > Phantom of the Opera > Erik/Christine Oneshots

: LND AU Fem!Erik/Male!Christine 3/

by operaghostangst 0 reviews

Not everything goes as planned.

Category: Phantom of the Opera - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2021-07-26 - 436 words

0Unrated
When Erika finally stopped crying, Christian carefully pushed her away. He kept his hold on her shoulders so that they could hopefully make eye contact. This was something that the older woman dutifully avoided, raising a hand to knuckle at her eyes almost childishly.

Christian knew that getting upset with her was a horrid idea, especially with the state she was in. But at the moment she reminded him more of a stubborn child than she did an actual, full grown woman. He hated to admit it, but her sudden embrace had annoyed him earlier as well. Perhaps the upper class men that he'd been forced to interact with were finally rubbing off on him, even in situations where he didn't need to act like this. He didn't like that idea too much.

"Erika! I swear if you don't look at me!" He found himself snapping before he really thought about what he was saying. It didn't hit him until her wounded gaze locked on to him, making her look very much like a kicked puppy. The guilt was immense and he knew that Madame Giry would've probably given him a warning tap with her cane.

"I apologize... it's jus' hard to talk about. I didn't even know that I was capable of becoming pregnant." Erika murmured softly, almost hesitantly. Christian Daae was the only man that had ever had power over her and this wouldn't change.

If anyone else would've spoken to her like, if anyone else would've had the gall to threaten her, she would've taken care of the problem. How subtle the the threat was hardly mattered. But it wasn't anyone else. It was Christian. He was both the love of her life and now the father of her baby. This meant that it was a different situation entirely.

Christian reached out to cup her cheek, gently brushing a thumb across her marred flesh. He was relieved when she hadn't flinched away from his touch. This was a very good sign. He'd seen how scared some of the wives of important men were after warnings. He really didn't want that, but he'd had to emulate the behavior in certain situations. Rachelle had understood that. Erika was different, though. As was his relationship with her.

"You don't have to apologize. I overreacted... We can take this one day at a time. We've never needed to discuss the past before. Why should we bother now?" He assured and he smiled faintly when Erika relaxed and leaned up, giving his lips a gentle peck.

One day at a time. It should be easy enough. He hoped.
Sign up to rate and review this story