Categories > Books > Phantom of the Opera > Undeniable

Undeniable

by operaghostangst 0 reviews

Leaving isn't as easy as he had hoped it would be. How can it be when she's aware and unwilling to let him continue making choices for her?

Category: Phantom of the Opera - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Erik - Published: 2021-07-26 - 1171 words

0Unrated
Erik laid beside Christine, stroking her side slowly until she began to drift off. He hadn’t ever expected to see her again. Yet she’d come to him and they’d ended up… enjoying each other’s bodies. Though, he could only be glad that there was a lack of light seeing as he doubted she’d be as interested if she could’ve seen him clearly. Besides, he was pretty sure that the darkness had actually aided him in pleasing her, seeing as having one sense removed often enhanced the others.

He didn’t know why she’d come to him. There hadn’t been too much talking at all before this happened. All he knew was that Christine had apparently gotten tired of hearing him question her and she’d yanked him into a kiss. He hadn’t been strong enough to resist despite her being engaged. He’d given in and he didn’t regret it. But he couldn’t stay in Paris, hell with the magnitude of what he’d done, he couldn’t stay in France and he couldn’t expect her to want to come along. He couldn’t ask her. Not when he had absolutely nothing to offer her in return.

He waited until he felt she was in a deep enough sleep to not notice him leaving the bed. Getting up without jostling her too much, he pulled on his clothing along with his mask and wig. He lingered for a moment, pulling on his cloak. He couldn’t make himself leave the room like he wanted to at that moment and he leaned down, ghosting a hand across her smooth cheek. “Goodbye…” he murmured quietly and leaned down to place an equally delicate kiss to her forehead. He lingered once more and pulled away, heading towards the door.

Christine stirred and stretched with a small whimper. She ached, but in perhaps one of the best ways. It was unexpected but nice all at the same time. She reached out to touch Erik and frowned when her hand connected with an empty side of the bed. Her eyes fluttered open and she sat up in horror. Thankfully the spot was still warm. Perhaps he would still be here. Maybe if she was quick enough, she could catch him before he left. If that was even what he was doing. She could be jumping to conclusions, but all the same she couldn’t risk it. She wrapped the sheets around her naked body and hurried out of the room. She found Erik near the front door and a whirlwind of anger and agony washed over her. “You’re just going to leave me without a word? After last night?” She shouted, blinking back tears.

Erik stiffened and turned around to face her. She wasn’t supposed to wake up before he was gone. He was hoping it would be a clean break- more so for himself because he couldn’t quite bring himself to believe that she could feel anything for him. Even the idea of her feeling lust towards him was pushing it, even if there had been clear proof of that last night. “Did you expect anything else, Mademoiselle? You’re going to be married soon.” he forced himself to come off as cold-hearted. He needed her to be reminded that she didn’t want this.

Christine flinched as if he’d slapped her and she clutched the sheets to her tighter. She hated when he did this. It was the same thing that he’d done when she’d initially unmasked him. He had been so hurt, she could tell. Even through his rage, his pain had been the driving force. But it was almost immediately replaced by that cold indifferent mask that he wore to protect himself.

Before she could let herself fall into her oncoming despair, she reminded herself that it was unlikely that he meant what he said. He was simply trying to protect himself. She walked up to him and pressed herself against his chest, peering up into his dark eyes. It was impossible to deny the way he was looking at her. “Do you think I would’ve let you have my virginity if I wanted to marry Raoul? If so, you’re more of a fool than I thought.” she murmured. She had to stop herself from telling him she loved him. She wasn't sure if she should spell it out completely. She could be completely wrong about him. She could be misinterpreting what he was saying. She could be seeing it the way she wanted to.

Erik’s breath hitched in his throat, but he made no move to shove her away or put distance between them at all. In fact, his hands came up and rested on her hips despite the slight shakiness to them. He licked his malformed lips subconsciously and found himself unable to find an argument to that. Well… he had one, but it was half-hearted at most. “I.. can’t stay with you, Christine. I want to but.. I have to leave. Sooner is better than later. Besides.. I’ve got nothing to offer you. You should just go back to your precious vicomte.” he nearly rambled.

Christine shocked both of them when she slapped his unmasked cheek. His lips parted in shock but before he could say anything, she was pulling him down into a deep and passionate kiss. When she let go of the sheets, they parted and uncovered her soft breasts. He didn’t have the strength to resist and he gave in, returning her kiss. He pulled her even closer and pressed against her in return.

Christine pulled away and glanced up at him. Now that he seemed thrown off, it was time to say what she should’ve said last night. “I don’t want to go back to Raoul. I don’t love him the way I should. My heart is yours. I don’t care if you’ve got nothing to offer me and I don’t care that you have to leave. I want to be with you. Let me come too.” she begged softly. Now that she knew for sure, she saw no reason to not lay all her cards on the table.

Erik could only stare at her blankly for a few minutes before an almost defeated groan left him. He couldn’t turn her away. He didn’t want to. He was far too weak and selfish, he couldn’t give her up again. Not when she so clearly wanted him. “Alright, Christine.. You and I will be leaving soon.. So I suggest you get dressed and get dressed quickly.” he uttered, unable to completely conceal the tender look in his eyes or the faint smile on his lips. Christine brightened, all traces of her being near tears seemingly disappearing. She pecked his lips and rushed back to the room to do as he told her to.

Sign up to rate and review this story