Categories > Books > Phantom of the Opera > Undeniable

Chapter Two

by operaghostangst 0 reviews

Escaping

Category: Phantom of the Opera - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Erik - Published: 2021-07-26 - 771 words

0Unrated
Antionette Giry was not happy in the slightest. She’d thought it would just be herself and Erik. However, one could imagine what a messy shock it was for her to see Christine. The woman was wearing a familiar and simple blue dress, her arm linked through the Phantoms. She seemed blissful, more blissful than she was comfortable with. “Erik.. Surely you know she’s better off with the vicomte, right? She’s not fit for your world.” She informed, using a gentle tone in the hopes of making him see sense.

Erik was angry and that was obvious in the way he tensed, but she knew that she’d managed to hit a nerve. He’d always care more for Christine than he did his own happiness. What surprised Antionette was the audibly frustrated near scream from Christine herself. Clearly it shocked Erik as well because he had jumped slightly in response to it.

“I’m tired of people telling me what’s good for me or where I belong. I want to be with Erik and he wants me with him. Doesn’t that count for something at the very least?” Christine demanded, pressing herself closer to the Phantom. He hesitated before slipping an arm around Christine’s waist, rubbing his thumb against her side comfortingly. Antionette floundered , unable to come up with a good response. It wasn't often that the nervous woman spoke up for herself like that.

“I get it, Christine. Come on, mother. It’s not like one more person would hurt anything too much.” Meg interceded, touching her mother’s shoulder gently. She’d always have Christine’s back and that was one thing that the Swedish woman adored about her.

There was a heavy sigh before Antionette found herself nodding, “Fine. But we should leave now as it won’t be too long until the vicomte realizes you’re gone.” She stormed off without waiting for a response. Christine gave Meg a quick hug before she allowed Erik to urge her out in front of him. Meg waited until they were completely out of sight, racing towards the secret she had been keeping.

The journey to the docks was long enough and the wait for Antionette to finish convincing the boat’s owner was even longer. Christine figured that a sailor wouldn’t take a woman too seriously but they could only hope for the best. However, they didn’t have to wait too long. She walked a couple steps towards them and beckoned for them to follow her. They did so and they boarded rather easily.

They were lead down below and Erik immediately sat down on the floor so that Christine and Antionette could sit on a cot each. Though he made it clear that he was just doing it for Christine's sake. This was something that Antionette wasn't sure how she felt about.

The hours passed and the two disgusting lovebirds fell asleep in their positions. Erik was laying on his side on the floor and Christine's hand was dangling off of the cot. Her fingers were just inches away from his hand and his hand was resting limply against his own hip. It could be assumed that they'd been holding hands awhile before doing so. Antionette was unable to sleep, though she laid facing away from the two of them. She was utterly disgusted. Erik was whipped and fooled. She just didn't know how to prove that.

Meanwhile, back in France, Antionette wasn't the only one having trouble sleeping. Raoul couldn't stop pacing around his home, be it the bedroom or the foyer. Christine was gone and he didn't know where she was. His first thought was that the Phantom had taken her- but a stilted conversation with little Giry had reminded him that it simply wasn't possible. The beast was blessedly dead and gone.

However, it was only slightly comforting. The question of Christine's whereabouts was still unanswered. There were no signs of a struggle that he had noticed- but that left something that he couldn't accept. He couldn't accept the idea that Christine had decided to become a runaway bride. Perhaps she was just visiting her father's grave. In which case, he would leave her to it and get some sleep. Perhaps she'd be there tomorrow, waiting to greet him in a beautiful wedding dress.

His worst fears were confirmed the next day. She was gone and he was left behind. He opted to go to obtain some alcohol. He could only hope that it would numb the burning in his eyes and the aching in his chest.

Sign up to rate and review this story