Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Wonderwall

Now my love you stand beside me, to walk life's winding road...

by getup_n_go 6 reviews

Another big day.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-09-28 - Updated: 2006-09-29 - 1502 words

2Moving
AN: I'm sad to announce that this is my final chapter. I think it is a fitting end and a happy one. Read and review.

Title: "The Right Man" - Christina Aguleria

********

It has been almost four years since the birth of Brody and the Panic! at the Disco hype died down. The boys still had a core group of fans and still toured occasionally and put out records. They all got involved in relationships and other jobs in the business, but Panic! was still where everyone's heart was. Brendon had since made two appearances on Broadway, Spencer and Holly had gotten engaged and he was a popular producer. Jon and his girlfriend bought their own house in Chicago and he did another band and while still working with Panic!. Ryan and Tinsley were a whole other story.

It was looming on Brody's fourth birthday as well as Tinsley's 23rd and Ryan was nervous about his gift for her. It was taking him so much courage to do it, but he knew it was what they both wanted.

********

Brody was a handful because he knew it was his birthday, but also just in general. Uncle Spencer was sitting on the living room floor of Ryan and Tinsley's suburban house with him, listening to him ramble on and on about nothing in his broken English while he sloppily colored in his coloring book. He got that art thing from his dad, because Tinsley was never a fan of coloring books. Tinsley came around the corner and saw Spencer and smiled at him sympathetically, she knew how Brody could talk your ear off.

"Baby, why don't you give Uncle Spencer and break and go wash your hands for lunch, okay?" Tinsley said to Brody. Brody whined but shut his coloring book.

"Okay, mommy," He replied grumpily as he walked to the bathroom. Spencer grabbed the coloring book and stood up, handing it to Tinsley.

"Aw, but what he was talking about was so interesting," Spencer said to her sarcastically. She laughed.

"I'm sure, Spencer. Like you even really knew what he was saying anyway." She watched Spencer walk away to the dining room to join Holly, and then turned around to see Ryan walking toward her, carrying Brody.

"Ryan, you know he's getting way too big to be carried around," she said to him with a smile. He smiled back as Brody tightened his grip around his neck. Tinsley walked over to Ryan and kissed him as Brody looked on with an "ew!"

"I'm here now, the party can start!" a voice said coming through the front door.

"Uncle Brendon!" Brody yelled, climbing out of his dad's arms and running to Brendon's.
"Hey big guy! I got you the coolest gift, you're going to love it!" he said, knelling down to Brody's level. Tinsley smiled as his eyes widened.

"What's it?! What's it?!" Brody asked, practically yelling at Brendon.

"I can't tell you that, but I can," he said, reaching into a bag and pulling out a baseball and handing it to him, "give you this."

"Cool!" Brody said, taking the ball from Brendon. Smiling Brendon added, "And I bet if you ask your dad nice enough he through it around with you. He stood up and walked to Tinsley, giving her a hug.

"Dude, you know I was terrible in little league," Ryan said watching Brody run to show Spencer and Holly what Brendon gave him. Brendon laughed, walking to the dining room to say hi.

"Do you think they will all be distracted enough with Brody and his new ball to not notice we are missing?" Ryan asked Tinsley when they were alone. She smiled at him.

"Maybe, what do you have in mind?" she wondered. He took her hand and led her upstairs. He took a deep breath as they reached their bedroom. It was now or never. He walked to the dresser and Tinsley saw him pull out two things and was beginning to get curious. He slowly walked up to her with his hands behind his back.

"I never would have thought a few years ago that I would be who I am today. Half of who I am I owe to you. I've lost a lot and gained a lot and the most special things in the world to me are you and my son. It's weird now to think that this relationship started with a one night stand, but I'm so happy that you've been here with me to share everything. You were by my side no matter what, when the band blew up, you were there. When my dad died, you were there. You gave me Brody and I could never thank you enough for that. It hasn't been easy, not in the least. There were times when I thought I was going to lose you forever. But I didn't and here you are. I love you with every thing I have and someday that may be all I have to give to you. Just me, and I know that you will accept that without question. So..." he sighed. Tinsley was teary eyed just from his speech and was beginning to figure out where this was going. Ryan slowly got down on one knee and produced a pink square cut diamond that looked like it cost a fortune. He looked Tinsley in the eyes. She smiled at him, just waiting for him to ask.

"Marry me? Please. I want to be a real family. I want to be able to give Brody everything I never was never able to have and that was a stable and supportive household. I also want to spend the rest of my life by your side, through everything. Please? Marry me?" Tinsley thought she was going to scream. She was so happy at that moment that all she wanted to do was through Ryan on the bed and rip his clothes off. She wiped the tears from her cheeks and nodded.

"Yes! Of course. Shit, Ryan," she said grabbing him and kissing him through her tears. He returned her kiss with vengeance and wrapped his arms around her as tight as he could. After a few minutes they pulled apart and Ryan placed the ring on her left hand and smiled. He thought he had felt lucky a lot in his life already, but never had he felt like this.

*****

Ryan and Tinsley had both refused a big wedding and Ryan, being an atheist, refused to get married in a church. They decided to invite close friends and family to spend the weekend in Puerto Rico, where they were going to get married on the beach. Tinsley was a little upset about not getting her fairytale in the sense of a chapel and a gorgeous white gown, but she couldn't complain because she was marrying the man of her dreams. Her baby boy looked so handsome in his little white tuxedo and his dad looked just as amazing. Tinsley stood at the end of the small isle and grinned wide. She was wearing a white bohemian wrap dress with her hair in loose curls and Ryan stood amazed at how beautiful she looked. As she walked toward him down the isle, he began thinking about the day they met and the night the spent together that resulted in this relationship and his proudest gift. He was amazed he remembered the first thing she ever said to him. "Good show tonight." He smiled at the thought, she must have been deaf because that was Panic's first live show ever and it sucked big time.

Tinsley also thought back to the first time she and Ryan were together, but she thought about how he told her "we're here for each other right now" the first time they slept together. She was amazed that it was true then and it was true now. He looked amazing to her, he always did. She heard people murmuring about how great she looked but she didn't care about any of that. All she wanted at the moment was to be Mrs. George Ryan Ross and nothing else. She wanted her last name to match her son's and she wanted to feel whole.

Ryan shakily lifted his hand, his shyness managing to make him nervous as he spoke his vows. He placed the ring on Tinsley finger saying, "I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I marry you with all that I have and all that I am."

Tears flowing steadily from her eyes, Tinsley lifted her hand and placed the ring on Ryan's long finger saying, "I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I marry you with all that I have and all that I am."
Sign up to rate and review this story