Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Tale of the Outcast warrior. Part 1

The Tale of the Outcast Warrior Part two

by Goreleech 0 reviews

With the addition of Wulf and Malico, Tyler's journey into Vernillion continues. But, in Lectis, one triumph merely heralds a fresh PAIN in the ass

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] [?] - Published: 2021-09-21 - 77316 words - Complete

0Unrated
DAYS UNTIL WAVE: 64


Tyler opened his eyes to find kaori’s face just above his own. HE smiled, and kissed her in her sleep. She opened her eyes with a snap to find him kissing her awake, and finding she loved it. He let her go and she smiled as she brushed her blonde hair out of her face.
“Good morning, Tyler.”
She was whispering as both Wulf and Malico were sound asleep. He kissed her softly again.
“Good morning Kaori.”
She had a slight blush, as she was naked on top of him, and he was shirtless, but that didn’t stop her from feeling a bulge below his belt pressed against her leg. She rubbed his face as he stroked her back.
“We should get breakfast going.”
He smiled.
“Sure. Gotta say though, I like this morning view.”
She blushed a little.
“So do I.”
The duo got up and snuck out with all the stealth of a ghost. Then Tyler got the fire relit as kaori laid out food. The Bear was on her side near the tent and was still sleeping soundly as the flames popped and took again. Once Tyler had the fire going nicely he joined kaori with breakfast prep. He hugged the still naked blonde from behind as she ground up meat into strips of bacon and readied some blackberries. She smiled as she felt him wrap her in his arms and press his head into her hair.
“Almost feels like we a couple, don’t it?”
HE smiled and kissed her hair.
“We ARE a couple, Kaori.”
She shivered.
“Probably not a good idea to do that when I’m using a knife.”
he smiled and went to stand beside her to take the first set of strips to fry. As the smell of cooking meat wafted up, Wulf came out yawning. Tyler smirked at the elf.
“Looks like you slept well.”
He chuckled.
“I did indeed. Not every night in the wilds One can sleep so peacefully.”
Tyler chuckled as well.
“Well, when we have a fifteen hundred pound grizzly sleeping outside our tent, yeah, easy to relax.”
kaori tilted her head as she looked at the beast.
“I’d say she’s more Kodiak brown bear.”
“You’re the expert. Grizzly sounds better though right?”
She smiled.
“That we agree on.”
They chuckled as the first set of bacon strips was ready. Wulf walked to a more secluded part of the camp before sitting with his legs crossed under him with his hands in a sign, facing the rising sun. Tyler and Kaori watched him curiously, as he began speaking in a different language that their Warrior HUD didn’t translate for them. Tyler immediately understood what it was, and gestured to kaori. She watched him cross himself and nod to Wulf. Must be a morning prayer for his religion. They nodded and worked in silence as the elf completed his morning rite. He pressed his forehead to the ground before rising to aid in camp work. The elf was bare chested like Tyler, and Tyler noted that his wiry frame was more muscular then his own, and for some reason it irked him, even if he knew he was the stronger. Tyler let it go and went back to keeping the bacon from burning. Wulf was chopping a few more logs when he happened to glance over to Tyler and saw his back. He gave a loud gasp of shock that got both Tyler and Kaori’s attention. They looed at him,
“Wulf, something wrong?”
“You okay?”
Wulf just looked at Tyler’s back.
“Tyler, what happened to you?”
Tyler tilted his head, confused. Then Kaori sighed.
“Your scars dingdong.”
“Ah.”
HE stood and faced the shocked elf, and he saw both the large lines left by Lisk claws slicing through another myriad of lines. Tyler smiled.
“My family didn’t like me much, and my classmates helped.”
Wulf felt an immense pity for this poor soul to have grown up with such an evil family.
“I’m so sorry you lived like that. Did they come here as well?”
Tyler sighed.
“Indeed they did.”
Wulf groaned.
“Such monsters with Warrior powers.”
Tyler smiled darkly.
“Don’t worry. Knowing them, they probably got killed a while ago. My mother’s like a third the size of that bear, my sister is the size of her back leg and my stepfather’s a pencil. Yeah, they’re either dead or locked in a room getting hammered.”
Wulf sighed.
“You could have a healer remove them, if you like.”
“I like them. Makes a hell of an impression, and it shows I can’t be broken. Plus ya know, royal badass.”
Tyler went back to getting the food ready as Wulf added logs to the fire. With a family like that, no WONDER he’s so strong, and hates the crown.

Malico was last to appear as usual, and she splashed some water in her face to wake her properly. Then she went to aid kaori with food prep. Once ready, Tyler laid out the map again to go over everything again, much to Wulf’s amazement.
“He’s going over it again?”
Kaori chuckled as she chowed down on good crispy lisk bacon.
“He’ll review the plan until it’s actually time to do it. Sometimes he’ll even have another idea altogether.”
Wulf watched as Tyler would trace the route, point at a spot, and hover over it as he went into deep thought.
“That kid is more diligent than some imperial guards that escort the king on journeys! It’s a little frightening.”
The pretty blonde chuckled.
“he’ll have memorized the route by the time we leave.”
Tyler had finished his reexam of the map and was satisfied. All that was left was breaking camp and getting moving. The food was eaten, but there was a surprising amount of leftovers. The ladies were about to put away for the trail, but Tyler smiled.
“I got a better idea.”
He took all the leftover bacon and berries and laid them beside the still sleeping bear. HE patted her head and she woke up to look at him.
“We’re heading out Juniper. Take care.”
The bear whined a little before eating the food. He sighed.
“I get it. We’ll be back through here eventually. Since ya know, my favorite teddy lives here.”
The bear got a hug as the camp was torn down. Then they readied the horses and waved goodbye to their bear friend.
“Bye Juniper! We’ll be back sooner or later!”
“Take care! Nice meeting you!”
“Bye sis! Glad you doing okay!”
“Farewell lady Juniper!”
The bear reared on her hind legs and roared as her friends left. She then dropped down and curled up on the spot that had the strongest amount of Tyler’s scent, and whined sadly as her friend left. She sighed as a soft hand patted her head.
“There, there, Juniper. He’ll be back soon enough.”
She looked up in the smiling face of Slyvien. The bear pressed her head into her mentor.
“He’ll be back, if only to lay with ME!”


Tyler and his friends left the eastern part of the forest and set out onto a neatly path that wound it’s way though small hills and grassland. Kaori beside him on the right, Malico on his left, and Wulf at the rear. Tyler had his bow covered so as to not draw unwanted attention from any elves they meet on the road, while oblivion and his as of yet unnamed broadsword was on his back. He had also donned the Mythril shirt under his own tunic because why not. The friends not in any hurry and more just enjoying the easy ride along the quiet road. Kaori was looking over a shaft he’d made from Lisk bone, teeth and flighted by King eagle.
“Wow, Tyler, this arrow is really strong.”
He smiled as he looked at her.
“I figured it was a good idea since we piss through shafts like you wouldn’t friggin believe.”
The blonde slotted the arrow back into her quiver as a shadow passed overhead. They looked up to see an airship drifting along several hundred meters in the sky. Tyler smiled as he beheld the sleek craft. The balloons were blue, and so was the main hull. On the prow was a large skull of a creature that reminded Tyler of a larger Lisk, and he could make out cannons in her sides. The man chuckled.
“I REALLY wanna fly on one o those.”
Wulf chuckled as the craft drifted by.
“They’re pricey, but the experience is worth it.”
Tyler watched as the craft headed along their route.
“That thing headed for Raylik?”
Wulf looked in it’s direction.
“Mostly likely, headed in that direction. Raylik is a trade hub, so merchants always are coming and going.”
Tyler smiled at that.
“They have a black market?”
Wulf looked at him.
“You’re not thinking of selling that thing are you?”
“No. More backup plan in case the regular merchants refuse to buy our goods.”
Wulf relaxed.
“They do. I know the man you’d want to see if you have to. He’s an ass, but fair.”
“Sounds like a good merchant.”
That got a chuckle. The group rode along cracking jokes, chatting and just loving the ease of the open road. They crested a small hill and found themselves gazing upon the King’s road. A highway the size of three tennis courts stretching into the distance made of packed dirt that reminded Tyler and kaori of a country back road. The group shrugged and kept on their way. Tyler had out a whetstone and was putting a new edge on his Sgian Dao, Malico was doing the same with her daggers, Kaori was brushing her blonde ponytail and Wulf was rubbing some kind of wax on his bow string. The companions perfectly at ease and relaxed with their surroundings. Tyler had was satisfied with his blade and had sheathed it as he noted a series of shadows moving along the sides of the road parallel to the group. He started whistling an old tune that Kaori picked right up on, and Malico and Wulf got the silent heads up. Then Tyler reached for another dagger and began sharpening it as well. Then a man staggered out on to the road and collapsed. The group stopped, and Tyler groaned inwardly. Seriously? THAT trick? He sighed as he called out to the fallen man.
“Hey, buddy, need some help or you dead?”
He heard a muffled snigger off to the right beside a tree. Tyler had a secret smile, as he knew the plan now. Then proned man lifted himself on an arm.
“H-help m-me……please! A snake!”
Tyler sighed.
“Look, let’s just get this over with.”
Tyler pretended to get off his horse, and the group of ten of so came out running with spears. The group blocked the road in front and behind, and the proned man cackled.
“Alright, hand over your coin and the ladies and ya don’t get hurt.”
Tyler and his friends all looked at each other, and laughed hard. Then Tyler looked at kaori.
“Well, Shadow, another point for you.”
She smirked.
“That my new nickname?”
Tyler thought for a moment.
“Sure.”
He was smiling as he flicked his wrist, and the dagger hit the man closet to him in then throat. The group moved like lightning as the surprised group struggled to recover. Tyler had Oblivion out and had ducked under a set of spears to stab the first man in the chest before dancing to the side ripping it out getting blood in the eyes of his friend. The man yelled before Tyler got him with a slash that left him headless. Tyler then jumped back as a set of thrusts came his way. HE stepped backward as he avoided the questing tips before grabbing the shafts as they crossed and snapping them like twigs. The men gaped as Tyler closed in a flash and left them all headless. In the span of 90 seconds, all the bandits were killed except for one. The man had been spared for interrogation. Tyler retrieved his dagger and began his questioning of the cowering man.
“This your whole crew?”
The man nodded.
“We’re a small time crew. We barely get by-arrggh!”
Tyler had stabbed him in the knee. HE then slapped him in the face.
“Here, right here asshole, or I’ll pop your gods damned knee off. Where’s your camp?”
The man was now staring straight into Tyler’s Demon Glare, and his nerve failed him.
“On my map! I’ll give you the chant! Just don’t kill me!”
“How many men?”
“Twenty.”
“Gear?”
“Same as ours.”
“Leader have a bounty?”
He gulped.
“Thirty gold alive. Forty dead. His names Valic.”
“Identifying features?”
“Wields a large battleaxe like a toy, and stand 8 feet tall.”
“Map and spell.”
The man tore a chain from his neck, and passed him the scroll with a shaking hand. Tyler passed them to Wulf for inspection. The elf nodded.
“These are real.”
Tyler looked back at the man and withdrew his knife from his knee, before hitting him in the head with the hilt. The man collapsed and Tyler threw him to the side of the road. Tyler sighed as he wiped his blade on a corpse. Kaori tapped his shoulder, and he looked to see she was a little pale.
“You hurt?”
She shook her head.
“Just a little worried by just how easily and ready to torture him you seemed to be. Never seemed the type.”
Tyler smiled.
“I do what needs to be done Kaori. I CAN get my hands dirty so you don’t have to.”
Wulf sighed.
“I understand. I may not like it, but I do. Having someone that is ready and willing to stain their hands to do the work that the rest of us are simply incapable of doing is both a good thing, and a sad one as well.”
Malico and Kaori sighed as well.
“He’s right.”
“We wouldn’t have gotten what we needed otherwise.”
Tyler smiled.
“And don’t worry, I’ll never turn my knife to you.”
Kaori smiled ruefully.
“I kinda feel bad now.”
He shrugged.
“Looting done?”
Wulf held up a small clinking pouch.
“thirty coppers that’s it. Must be a slow day.”
Tyler added the coins to the pouch under his vest.
“Or they just suck. That map ready?”
Would passed to him and Tyler sat in Thunder’s saddle as he added it to his own. HE saw where the camp was and smiled.
“This is gonna be fun.”
He handed the map down and the ladies and Elf looked at it.
“Did they seriously build a bandit camp on top of a hill?”
“Idiots.”
“Well, the main concern is what kinda of defenses they have.”
Tyler smiled.
“Don’t really matter what kinda defenses they have. They built it beside a river, and if we attack from there, bang.”
Wulf tilted his head.
“That’s a rather ingenious plan.”
The friends mounted up and swung their horses to ride towards the camp. They reached the river that led into the camp and hitched their horses loosely so they could be called for. Then the friends all drew their bows and set off along the riverbank. Tyler had a single shaft ready, as he was going to do some sniping to keep the idiots off balance. They sighted the camp not too long after, and the instant he saw it, Tyler just sighed.
“Fucking idiots.”
There was a set of maybe ten tents without so much as a mound for a lookout. Even from that distance, they could hear the sounds of a wild party underway. There were screams, both of pain and joy, laughter and the occasional clash of steel. The friends readied extra shafts on their strings and just walked right up to the camp. Tyler went first and sighted a man with a staff beside him. He fired all four shafts on his string into the man’s chest and readied his next shot. Kaori and Malico fired as well and got four between them as Wulf fired and got two. Tyler spotted another man with a staff and hit him in the throat. That was when the camp realized they were under attack. But by then, it was too late. Tyler sighed as he pulled his broadsword.
“Tch, barely a workout.”
Kaori had her katana in her hands.
“I agree.”
Malico had her green blades twirling.
“I guess they’re just a bunch of idiots.”
Wulf shook his head as he held his leaf bladed sword up.
“Let’s get this over with.”
Tyler surged forward and the first four men tried to block with wooden shields, but they were still cut down as Tyler’s Magicite broadsword was built for just tasks. That left eight men standing of the original twenty. Tyler watched his friends mop up as a mountain of a man came out of a tent near the back of the camp. Tyler leaned on his blade as he looked at him.
“You Valic?”
The man hefted an axe the size of kaori.
“Guess so.”
The man swung the gigantic axe in Tyler direction, only for him to duck underneath and cut him clean in half. He fell with a heavy clang as the axe bounced. Tyler sighed.
“Alright, Loot the camp. Wulf, question.”
The elven ranger was wiping his blade clean.
“What?”
“To collect a bounty on a dead, do I bring the body or will just the head cut it?”
Wulf chuckled.
“The head will suffice. But take that axe as well. Might prove the point.”
Tyler severed the man’s head and stuffed it into a sack. The looting of the camp took less then an hour. They scored a set of black spells that were to be sold, a few red spells for kaori, a green spell for Malico, 5 gold coins, 50 silver, and 100 copper. A few potions and a pair of staffs. Tyler sighed as he carried the head in a sack back to his horse with the axe.
“That was kinda boring.”
The others were in agreement as he tied the axe to Thunder’s side with a wrapping to keep it from cutting him.
“Yeah, idiots had no clue what the fuck just happened.”
“I guess this crew were more about play then work.”
“Odd how we didn’t find any women.”
Tyler smirked.
“Oh, there were women alright, I found one guy inside one as I killed them. Problem was both dudes.”
Wulf got it then.
“I get it.”
The friends climbed back onto their horses and headed back to the king’s road. They made it back without incident and went on their way.
They moved along a little faster now, as they had a putrid thing to dispose of. Tyler was looking over the arrows he’d retrieved from the corpses. Wulf chuckled.
“Damage?”
Tyler ran a finger along a shaft.
“None. That Lisk bone was a good idea.”
The Elven ranger shook his head.
“You should try true dragonbone. Makes that look like glass.”
“Believe me I wanna fight a true dragon. But let’s wait until it’s more of a fair fight.”
Wulf laughed.
“Lad, it’s a dragon! It’s NEVER a fair fight!”
Tyler and the girls laughed hard at that.
“Fair.”
They rode along and ate lunch in the saddle to save time. They were relaxing and just clip clopping along the dusty trail, a blue sky overhead and grassland to either side. It was a lazy day of riding and peace. Around 1 in the afternoon they entered a section of woodland, and found the shade nice after the beating sun on their heads. Tyler noticed something in the dirt.
“Hey, Wulf, see those grooves? That’s not natural right?”
The elven ranger looked and nodded.
“No, those are wagon wheel tracks.”
“Can you tell how fresh?”
HE looked as Kaori threw her thought out.
“I’d say a few minutes. Look, dirt ain’t even hard.”
Wulf was in agreement.
“Yeah, like ten minutes tops.”
Tyler looked ahead.
“I can’t see a wagon, maybe they’re in a hurry.”
The group readied their weapons just to be on the safe side. Tyler had his crystalline bow with a set of shafts on the string.
“Hey, listen.”
Wulf had spoke as he held an ear to the air. The companions did, and heard the faint clang of swords on swords. Tyler spurred Thunder.
“GO!”
The group thundered into a gallop to either join the fray or loot the aftermath. The sounds of battle grew louder as they neared the mess. After rounding a bend they came upon the battle. A large armored wagon had been attacked by a large bank of thirty men, whereas a group of 15 knights with the kings insignia were guarding it. From the look of it, the knights had been completely caught by surprise, but had managed to put up a good fight, reducing the attacking force by ten. But now there was only five knights still standing by the time the team arrived on the scene. Tyler fired his shafts into the backs of the black clothed men and so did Kaori, Wulf and Malico. Tyler swung off Thunder and pulled Oblivion before slashing into the group of robbers. He cut through six before they regrouped. Kaori had also dismounted and was dancing in the rain of blood she produced due to her lightning fast blade work. The blonde had six to her name as Malico claimed four with her whirling daggers. Whereas Wulf got himself four as well. And that was it for the enemy force. The knights just stood there gaping at the sight of twenty men just get turned to mush in a mere 90 seconds. Tyler looked at his friends.
“We good?”
The ladies and Wulf nodded.
“Not a scratch.”
“That was too easy.”
“Indeed.”
Tyler then looked to the knights.
“Who’s in command here?”
A man came forward.
“Our captain was killed in the initial volley Sirrah. We have no knight of sufficient rank to lead us.”
Tyler sighed as he looked at the wagon. The thing was twelve feet tall and coated in steel plating with a clear interior. The thing was about twenty feet long and was drawn by a team of six massive beasts. Tyler tilted his head,
“Hey, Wulf, this thing what I think it is?”
The elf left off the body he was searching to come look at it, and soon as he looked at it properly, he gasped.
“That’s a royal transport!”
Tyler burst out laughing.
“Of fuckin course it is. Kaori! I bet you twenty gold that either the queen or the princess is in there.”
The blonde snorted.
“I ain’t takin such a friggin rigged bet.”
The knights raised their shields nervously as Tyler walked towards them.
“Alright, let’s see who’s ass we saved.”
The knights held their ground though. Tyler sighed.
“Idiots. If I wanted you dead, ya would be right now.”
They looked at him, and still held their spot. Tyler then noticed a set of slits near top of the thing.
“fuck it, that works.”
Tyler jumped right up to grab the slits, twelve feet up, and lift his head up to peer inside. The thing was rather lavish with cushions everywhere, silken blankets, and padded seats. HE looked around in the narrow vent until he spotted a pair of cowering ladies near the back of the thing. One was a tall lady with black hair, bright blue eyes, a large rack, and was clad in a dress of satin and silk. The other was a girl with the same features and hair, only younger. Tyler tilted his head.
“So, you the hell are you?”
HE had a mildly curious voice as he looked at the women. The taller gulped, and answered in shaky voice.
“I am princess Lillia Von Vernillian. This is my younger sister, Sera Von Vernillian. Where are our knights?”
Tyler looked down.
“Ya got about…five left.”
He looked back to stare down a crossbow. The taller lady fired and Tyler merely tilted his head to the side as it augured past his head. HE looked at her like that.
“Wow, YOU got fire. I like it.”
Tyler swung down and dusted his hands as he looked to his friends.
“We got both princesses in that death trap.”
Kaori snorted.
“Course we do.”
Tyler chuckled as a knight swung an axe at him from behind. Tyler sighed, stepped to the side, and flipped the knight onto his back with the axe in his hand. Tyler just looked at him.
“Seriously, cut the shit.”
He looked to a older knight and tossed him the axe.
“You’re oldest one here, step up.”
The knight gulped.
“Only the king can-“
“Oh for the love of gods. Alright, I’LL take fuckin command here, since none of you have a damned spine.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes before barking at them.
“Alright, get that door open so we can check on the girls.”
They hesitated. So, Tyler glared at them with the Demon’s eye.
“NOW! MOVE YOU SPINELESS BOYS!”
That did it, as his sudden roar galvanized the idiots into opening the door and allowing Tyler to walk up the plank inside the thing. The princesses went wide eyed as he strode into their haven. Then they started shaking as he neared them. The taller girl, Lilla, began pleading with him.
“Please, Sirrah, don’t hurt Sera! Use me instead!”
Tyler crouched to look at them.
“You two injured?”
His question caught them off guard. Lillia gulped.
“No, Sirrah. We’re not harmed.”
Tyler smiled then.
“ya need better stooges miss. Those dingdongs won’t cut it.”
She glared at him.
“They are the best we have!”
“If they’re the best ya got, then your kingdom’s got some serious issues. You know they’re unable to even pick a temporary field commander?”
She was shaking again.
“What will you do with us?”
Tyler sat on one of the cushioned benches.
“Wow this is…surprisingly comfy. Must suck when moving though.”
He looked at them.
“Where you two headed?”
Sera spoke this time, her voice a nervous squeak.
“We’re going to Raylik to visit Seline the town mayor. She’s a good friend to our family.”
Tyler sighed as he rubbed his eyes.
“Why’d I even bother asking?”
“Hey, Tyler, how’s it look in there?”
Tyler looked to where kaori was standing with her hand on her katana.
“Three guesses where they were going an who they were seeing.”
She sighed as well.
“Raylik to see the leader.”
“Bullseye.”
He looked back to see they were now pale as ghosts. He tilted his head.
“What?”
Lillia spoke next.
“Tyler? Kaori? The Murderers?”
He smirked.
“That’s what they’re calling us? Tch, lame. Yep. I’m Tyler, that’s kaori. That kittycat is Malico and that is Wulf.”
“Prick!”
“See? Yer learning!”
They chuckled as Tyler looked at the two cowering princesses.
“Now then, what to do with you two?”
Kaori hopped up inside the thing as the knights just stood there. The blonde sat opposite Tyler and crossed her arms.
“So, what’s our play?”
He mirrored her posture as he thought.
“Personally? I’d rather just take our loot and go.”
Kaori looked at the two girls.
“We could pretend to be good people again and help them.”
Tyler looked at them again.
“I guess. I mean we need to start building our rep if we’re to get anywhere. Even if I can’t stand the crown.”
Sera spoke up in defense of her father.
“Hey! Daddy is a kind man!”
Tyler sighed.
“Listen cutie, your father may be a good man or he may not, dudes a puppet king with that popes hand up his ass making him talk.”
Lillia gasped, and Tyler and Kaori sighed.
“She knows.”
“If that reaction is anything to go by, she knows EXACTLY what that bastards about.”
Tyler then looked at the now scared girl. Kaori sighed as she knew exactly what he was doing. HE snorted after a few seconds. He then looked at kaori.
“Verdict?”
“That girl’s been used and abused by the pope without her father’s knowledge. She ain’t ‘pure’ anymore either.”
Lillia lost all the color in her face as he spoke, while kaori sighed.
“I shoulda just let you kill him when we had the chance.”
“I’ve thought the same. But, well, we’ll get another chance soon enough.”
Sera was confused.
“Sister, what does he mean?”
Tyler looked at her. Then to Kaori.
“Should I?”
The blonde sighed.
“Better she finds out now then the hard way.”
Lillia spoke up then.
“NO! Please, don’t take her nights from her! She barely sleeps as it is!”
Tyler groaned at the older sister’s attempt to shield her sister from reality.
“Lady, you not helping her here, you only setting her up for more pain when she does learn the truth.”
Tyler sighed heavily.
“Well, kaori, what you think?”
She crossed her arms and looked at the duo.
“We ARE headed in the same direction.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes.
“True. Yet I am REALLY not in the mood to play coddle.”
That’s when Kaori had a thought.
“We can use this as an opportunity.”
Tyler looked to see the gears turning in her eyes.
“YOU have a plan.”
She smiled.
“We can use this chance to get a sit-rep on the other warriors, our own rep, other info.”
Tyler’s eyes lit up.
“Good call, Shadow! No one looks at a princess twice in a patriarchal kingdom unless they’re after the goods!”
Tyler looked at the now shaking duo.
“Looks like your lucky day. We’ll escort you and your idiots to Raylik, since me and my crew were headed there anyway. We have questions you WILL answer, or, well, WALK.”
HE was using his new glare, effectively terrifying the two girls. Then the older one, Lillia gulped.
“I’ll talk, but NOT with Sera in earshot.”
“YES you WILL. You two spoiled brats are getting a VERY harsh dose of OUR reality. Don’t like it? Well, I’m sure I can find a merchant that’ll pay a pretty copper for this wagon.”
Lillia looked him in the eye.
“You wouldn’t really throw us on the trail.”
Kaori groaned. As Tyler smiled.
“Reeeally? And why’s that?”
Lillia had noted kaori’s pitying gaze, but clung to her stories.
“Because you’re Warriors, and we’re young girls, you’re supposed to protect us.”
Tyler looked at kaori.
“May I?”
She sighed.
“Make your point. They’re starting to irritate me now too.”
Tyler stood up and grabbed both now screaming girls by the collar and dragged them from the wagon to toss them in the dirt. The knights just stood there, as without a leader to tell them what to do next, they had no minds of their own. Malico was looking over a set of fresh Licenses she’d found with Wulf when the two shrieking royal girls were tossed off the plank into the dirt. Wulf gasped in shock as Malico sighed.
“By the gods!”
“Tyler, what’d they do?”
Tyler hopped down off the plank.
“More need to prove a point. They seem to think that just because me and kaori are Warriors, and them royalty, plus girls on top of that, they seem to think we’re OBLIGATED to defend them. Plus, we got info on them we’ll share later.”
Lillia and Sera were sobbing as their clothes were dirtied. Lillia screamed at her knights.
“Help us!”
The older knight looked at her and then to his other knights.
“We can’t. We don’t have a leader.”
Lillia just looked at him.
“But…but….I’m you PRINCESS! I ordered you to HELP US!”
He adjusted his helm.
“We don’t know how. We need a commander to tell us HOW.”
Tyler just looked at him, then to the princess and back like five times. He then looked to an equally stunned Wulf and Malico. Then he got a VERY bad feeling.
“Wulf, Malico, search the fallen knights. I think we may have just found something FAR more serious than a mere lost pair of girls.”
The duo went into overdrive as Tyler went to stand before the knights.
“You. What are your current orders?”
The older knight spoke without hesitation.
“To escort the Ladies Lillia and Sera to Raylik on the order of the King.”
“What were the popes orders?”
Again no hesitation.
“To ensure they died in the ambush.”
“Go pick Sera up off the ground.”
The knight moved and lifted the lady off the ground as gently as a cat. Tyler then gave him another order.
“Push her gently.”
He then gave the extremely confused girl a light shove. Lillia looked at the knight then to a grim faced Tyler.
“Retake you position with the other knights.”
Tyler went and crouched in front of the still fallen princess.
“Well, princess, looks like YOU were just kicked out of the palace.”
“Tyler, you need to see this.”
Tyler walked over to were Wulf and Malico were looking at a pair of licenses. Tyler poked them and got burned. He then looked to Wulf.
“What are they?”
Wulf had a very grim face.
“This is another River Of Torment.”
He held up one License. He then indicated the other.
“THAT is Mind Subjugation. Another banned Black spell. It makes a mindless slave out of whoever it is cast upon. They will obey any order given to them to the letter without hesitation.”
Tyler sighed.
“Can it be broken?”
He shook his head.
“No. For in order for it work, the caster has to mentally cripple the target with their own will. It is an excruciatingly painful process. Only one will mental strength like yours are immune. Or have something truly precious to them are able to resist.”
Tyler sighed deeply.
“We need to get these to your queen, Wulf. Vernillion’s standing army are all slaves.”
Wulf handed the things to Malico who stored them in the pouch.
“I completely agree. We need to kill those knights, as they’re now a liability.”
Tyler nodded.
“I agree. Now, what of the those two?”
They looked to the now shaking princesses. Wulf sighed.
“Can we at least drop them off in Raylik? I’d sleep better if we did.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes.
“We’ll have to abandon the wagon. And share horses. Something tells me they can’t ride worth a damn.”
Wulf looked at the duo.
“I have room for Sera on Glacia.”
Tyler looked at Thunder.
“I’ll have Lillia on my horse. We need to have a chat, her an I.”
The plan made, Tyler drew his broadsword.
“Knights! Huddle up!”
The men all grouped together, and he swung his weapon in an arc, cutting them all clean in half, as kaori came out of the wagon.
“What the hell?”
“Mount Up, kaori. We found another of those, and a worse one. We all need to go. NOW.”
She understood. Tyler wiped the dripping blade clean as the now knightless girls backed away.
“You. Lillia, your with me on Thunder. You. Sera. You’re with Wulf. Refuse and die. Argue, and get cut.”
Tyler brought Thunder over and the now terrified Lillia was placed in the saddle, as Sera took her place in front of the elf. Once they were settled in the saddles, Tyler gave the order.
“We need to get to Raylik by tomorrow. Move!”
They spurred their horses into a fast gallop, leaving the carnage behind.

“Malico, get kaori up to speed.”
The busty catgirl then pulled Kaori aside to tell her about the Licenses, as Tyler spoke to Lillia.
“Okay, toots, you gonna give me answers whether you want to or not.”
HE heard her voice shake.
“Why? Why did you kill them?”
“Lady, those men were under a black spell called Mind Subjugation.”
Her gasp was loud and shocked.
“IS THAT what you found?”
HE sighed.
“Did the pope rape you?”
The blunt question hit her hard, and she pressed her head in his back.
“Yes. Many times.”
Her voice was barely a whisper above the cacophony of hooves. Tyler sighed.
“Called it. Lemme guess, he said if you didn’t take it, he’d go after Sera?”
“How do you know this? That room was sealed!”
“Lady, your eyes are an open book for someone like me. I can figure you out like I WAS you.”
She pressed her head into his back, both feeling the chainmail under his shirt, and lines of scars around his neck.
“What else to you know?”
“That the pope is the REAL ruler of this country, yet hasn’t the power for an open overthrow. Hence the mind spells.”
She sniffed.
“ Gruven?”
“He sacrificed himself to give me a level boost, his sword, and our escape. The pope wanted to take kaori. I said no. He ordered Gruven to kill me and deliver his new toy to his bed, only Gruven threw the fight. Then we were running.”
Lillia smiled, and he could feel it.
“Always the self-sacrificing hero. But, even WITH the boost, how did you escape the tower? That’s the pope’s seat of power!”
Tyler smiled.
“Lillia, there is not a soul out there that can catch me if I don’t WANT to be caught. That, plus my drive to protect kaori, plus the confusion of the Warriors arrival plus the sudden orders to capture two on top of a knight captain’s death, the tower was thrown into chaos.”
Lillia shuddered.
“You were able to both defy the pope, and escape hie home without a scratch. Remarkable.”
Tyler chuckled darkly.
“When I draw my line in the dirt, NOTHING gets past it. Now, what’s the statuses of the other Warriors?”
She groaned.
“They’ve been a pain in ass since they got here. They’ll only take easy jobs, they bully others at will, and some have their way with every woman they take a fancy too! It’s revolting!”
“What about a boy by the name of Kazuma? Tall, blonde boy green eyes with the same build as that elf?”
Lillia smiled.
“Kazuma? I know him well, he was arrested by the pope, and was set to be tortured by them for your crimes, but my father, King Ishtar had him released on the grounds of he having not even been in the same ROOM.”
“Well, that’s a relief. Bastard’s always been the lucky one. YOU seem rather fond of him.”
HE could FEEL her blush.
“He’s so kind and handsome. Plus one of the few Warriors that actually WORKS for his coin. My father adores him as well, saying he’s what a knight should be.”
“HA! That fits that jackass WAY to freakin much!”
Kaori had ridden up and was laughing, and so was Tyler. Lillia was confused.
“Are you mocking him? He’s a brave boy!”
“Toots, that blonde beauty beside ya is his sister, and me an him are childhood friends. Even if we’re polar opposites.”
Lillia did hilarious double takes between him and the blonde.
“Are you serious? He never told me that!”
Tyler sighed.
“Probably because he learned it’s probably NOT a good idea to go broadcasting his connections to us. Dude may be a hopeless optimist, but he ain’t stupid or dense.”
Kaori was in agreement.
“idiot probably got busted AFTER telling them he was my brother. He always was the type to need to stick his hand in the fire to see if it WAS hot. Unlike a certain dipshit that sticks his hand in the fire KNOWING it’s hot just so he can feel it for himself.”
“At least I take the time to check, unlike a certain barbie that had to have me reteach her basic algebra twice….in the same day.”
“Real big talk coming from the boy that needed me to tell him that the letter he found on his desk was NOT a love letter!”
“Coming from the blonde bimbo that nearly failed English three times in one semester, and WOULD have failed if not for a OVERLY kind best friend that enjoyed her company for some odd friggin reason.”
Lillia was stifling laughter at the friends banter. Tyler was smiling, and so was Kaori. Then Tyler had another question.
“Lillia, have the other Warriors done ANYTHING of real note?”
She sighed as the mood died.
“A small group were responsible for killing a rogue Drakolisk in the Dark Forest, who I am not sure, as the head knight of the raid, Duke, was stripped of his title and sent to the walls before I could ask him, and my father refused to tell me saying I didn’t want to know. It was odd, since the killing of such a beast is often hailed as a feat of heroism. Then yet another small group made a scene outside the vile city of Dragul, and it is now in a state of open revolt. The rebels are rallying under a banner of a black wolf and dragon. I wish to thank the Warrior that set that city off, as I was always appalled by that little man Valdic. Plus, I’ve heard whispers that same group are now the best of friends with the nasty Spirit of the Dark Forest herself.”
She was talking wistfully, as if listing off the deeds of the heroes of old. Tyler and his friends were smirking. Then she sighed as she continued.
“Kazuma has also made a name for himself as a fierce bandit hunter and defender of justice. And that’s it for the truly GOOD Warrior deeds.”
Tyler just sighed.
“That bad?”
Lillia was saddened now.
“A group visited a small village in the western plains and left the local tavern in ruins after a drunken brawl that resulted in fifteen dead. Another group owes several thousand gold in damages for starting a fire in the port city of Yalik. There’s reports of random Warriors mugging people in the streets of Term, a warrior party are deemed responsible for the slaughter of a party of Knights near the SkyStream. From what I heard, only a single man returned alive, saying that a boy with a gaze of ice and a blonde goddess slaughtered his men and took his arm. Then he said the boy used a White spell to heal his arm before sending him on his way. I thought it odd that bandits would do that, but never got the full story. A report came from Raylik recently that a party of Warriors came through and started a bar fight that escalated into a near war in the streets. Several dozen were badly hurt, and from what I understand, a call for healers as gone out. And other smaller reports her and there.”
Tyler sighed.
“My party is responsible for a few things there. That slaughter by the SkyStream is the only thing on your list of bad though.”
She squeaked.
“What? Why’d you attack our knights unprovoked like that?”
“THEY attacked US. Okay? We’d camped beside the river for the night, and were awakened by an attempted ambush. I myself healed that survivor by Kaori’s request, since executions don’t sit well with her.”
Lillia sighed.
“Explains why I couldn’t get a straight answer.”
Tyler smiled again.
“As for the Lisk? Here, look at what my arrows are made of.”
Now curious, Lillia pulled a shaft from his quiver.
“This….is Drakolisk bone! YOU killed a Drakolisk?”
“Well, the elf wasn’t apart of our circus then but yeah. Was fun.”
She replaced the shaft into the quiver,
“What else are you responsible for?”
“Well, I blew up a communication sphere in Valdic’s face, and set off the rebellion.”
Lillia hugged him.
“Thank you! I HATE that little man!”
Tyler smiled.
“And we’re good friends with The Spirit Of The Dark Forest. We’re even on a first name basis.”
Lillia gasped in awe.
“You know her name? How’d you get passed Lady juniper?”
“Oh that big teddy bear? We’re good friends as well. That sexy kittycat over there’s her sister.”
Malico waved as Lillia just looked at her. Then she looked at Tyler with the awe of one meeting a hero of old.
“You are hailed as evil murderers throughout the capital, and yet you’ve been preforming deeds of might and heroism akin to the heroes of legend.”
Tyler smiled darkly.
“I’m no hero, toots. My first priority is keeping kaori, Malico and Wulf alive. Rest o yall can go fuck yerselves.”
Kaori and the other two chuckled.
“He’s telling the truth. If I or Malico don’t step in, he’s absolutely merciless. He’d kill you rather then deal with you if you give him a hassle.”
Lillia was now nervous,
“He’s that dangerous?”
“I drove my sword into the Lisk’s heart myself, so what do you think?”
Lillia pressed her head into his back.
“I see your point.”
Tyler smiled,
“Hey, Wulf, how’s your passenger doing?”
The elf chuckled.
“She’s asleep.”
They all looked and sure enough, Sera was asleep in the elven ranger’s arms. Tyler smirked,
“Nice to see someone likes you, Wulf. Gods know why, but there it is.”
The dark haired elf flipped him off. Tyler snorted.
“Nice to see yer paying attention.”
The group laughed before settling into a calm silence. They rode along for a further hour when kaori spoke up.
“hey, we need to give the horses a rest.”
Tyler nodded.
“Alright. Hey, Wulf, you’ve been here before, best spot for a rest?”
The elf looked at their surroundings.
“Another hour of riding will get us to a stream with a large amount of fish and is surrounded by a rockface on three sides.”
“That works. My ass hurts.”
That got a chuckle as they headed to the spot.
The spot in question was indeed a good one, set within a small area of woodland with a large stream next to it. The clearing itself was surrounded on three sides by thirty foot crags of grey stone. Tyler and his party dismounted and got to work. Tyler’s white and blue path flared as he set Protective warning and tranquil waters, Kaori with Wulf saw to the horses, as Malico looked after the princesses as they were useless at making camp. Lillia and Sera were amazed by Tyler’s dual paths.
“He’s a priest?”
That made the group laugh, as they knew the truth. Then the busty kitty Malico sat beside Lillia and Sera on a rock as they watched Tyler set the perimeter spells.
“Nowhere near a priest. He’s merely setting it up as a heads up so we can properly meet our guests.”
Sera tilted her head.
“The white path is usually exclusively for healers. Does he have any healing spells?”
Malico patted her soft black hair.
“He has a few. We need more, as most of our licenses are useless.”
Tyler finished his set up, and looked at the sky, the normally light blue of mid-day was rapidly descending into the darker blue of evening. He sighed.
“Hey, Wulf, after this spot, how close is the next spot?”
HE tilted his head.
“About…four hours hard ride.”
“So it’d be well past nightfall.”
The elf nodded.
“it would.”
Tyler sighed again.
“We’ll stay the night here then. We need to reach Raylik by tomorrow night at the latest.”
The group nodded as little Sera bawled.
“I’m sleeping OUTDOORS?”
Tyler lifted the tent off Thunder.
“Keep complaining and it’ll be on the stone instead of in our tent.”
She pouted.
“I’m a princess!”
“Keep talkin and no food either. Now, get to work and get us some firewood for splitting. Malico, go with em and if they don’t pull their weight they get nothin.”
“On it! Let’s go ladies, time to grow up.”
The catgirl led the two complaining girls into the woodland as Tyler pitched the tent against the rock wall, as Wulf and kaori laid out their weapons from cleaning and upkeep. Once the tent was up Tyler did the same, laying out Oblivion, his Magicite sword and his crystalline bow. He heard Wulf sigh.
“What’s up?”
Wulf held up his bow ruefully.
“It’s got a new crack here in the curve.”
Tyler sat by the man and looked at it. Sure enough, his trusty bow had a long hairline crack in the center of a limb. Tyler sighed as well now.
“Well THAT’S a dead bow.”
Wulf placed aside to take his sword and run a whetstone along it’s length.
“That was a gift from my father. He died shortly after.”
Tyler was adding a new edge to Oblivion as they conversed.
“That sucks. Can it be repaired?”
He smiled.
“Not out in the wilds. There’s a shop in Raylik that does bow repair. I can get it fixed once we get there.”
“Well, that’s a plus.”
Tyler set Oblivion aside and lifted the broadsword.
“I need to name this thing.”
Kaori was sitting across from them, and smiled as she ran a stone over Dawn, her katana.
“I’d wait until we get to a smithy.”
“Sure. I mean I already have it’s name, but sure.”
They chuckled as Malico and the now weeping princesses came back with the fire wood. Tyler laughed at the looks of disgust on the pampered girls.
“Verdict, Malico?”
She groaned as she set her logs down.
“Oh they’re HOPELESS! All they did was COMPLAIN! And I had to carry the MAJORITY!”
Tyler looked to kaori and Wulf, who nodded.
“It’s only fair.”
“Indeed. We all work so why shouldn’t they have to?”
Tyler looked at the two girls.
“No food. You want to eat in OUR party, you HELP us. WITHOUT bitching.”
They stomped their feet as they bawled.
“We’re royal princesses! We’ve NEVER slept in the woods or had to do this before!”
“Meanie! You could at least be nice to us!”
“Keep talking and you’ll sleep outside our tent. Now, you want food, EARN it.”
He was now using the hard voice that had intimidated Wulf, and the effect on the girls was far more pronounced. AS they were both trembling. Tyler then sighed as he got up.
“Wulf said there was a stream nearby, right? I’ll go catch us some fish. YOU two spoiled brats make yerselves useful.”
He heard them whining as he carried the rod, line and bait to the side of the stream with his bow and short sword. He dropped the line in the slow current and just groaned inwardly. We’ve stumbled onto a international crisis. Those licenses mere existence was enough to get me worried. Now that I know for a fact they’ve been used, on royal knights no less, tells me this kingdom is on the verge of going down in flames. Plus that elf bow. The way Wulf keeps looking at it hints of a prophecy. I am NOT a prophesied hero. I am not a hero period. Am curious what an elf queen looks like though, but not the time. I’m getting some real heavy chosen one vibes here that I AM NOT liking. My ONLY concern is keeping Kaori and Malico alive and safe.”
He sighed as he pulled a 3 foot salmon from the stream. He set the catch behind him as he set another line. Tyler banished his worries from his mind to fish in peace.

He had caught eight more salmon and a pair of pike before he called it. He had the fish in a make-shift carrier as he returned to camp. There he found Lillia and Sera sobbing as they were instructed in the proper way to skin a rabbit by a merciless kaori. Tyler loved the sight of the blonde beauty laying the law down to a pair of spoiled princess brats. He then looked to see Wulf had taken out some meat and was frying it on a rock next to a crackling fire while Malico was looking over her Licenses. Tyler went to a small rock and set his catch down as Kaori looked over.
“Whatchya get?”
HE smiled.
“Eight 3 to 4 foot salmon, two 5 foot pike.”
Kaori smiled.
“We got the means for me to make Grilled Salmon! I love Salmon!”
Tyler smiled at her enthusiasm.
“We need a grate to grill.”
She groaned.
“Shiiit, yer right, I forgot!”
Tyler sighed as well.
“We’ll either buy one in town or I can have one made for us.”
Kaori pouted.
“I got excited! Dammit!”
Tyler smiled, as he looked at the fire.
“I’m sorry, we’ll get one.”
Wulf spoke up then.
“If you like, I have a small one I use for my tea. It’ll only hold like one piece at a time, but it works.”
Kaori hugged him as the two girls finally finished skinning their rabbit.
“Thanks Wulf! You rock!”
Tyler chuckled as he flayed the fish right in front of the two princesses. The girls were looking green around the gills as he used his hands to separate the meat and bone. Once the fish were flayed and set to cooking, Tyler pulled out his map. He set it under a rock as he looked to Malico.
“Hey, those idiots have a map?”
The sexy catgirl smiled and tossed it to him.
“Here! It doesn’t need a chant.”
“Love you kittycat!”
She blushed as Kaori chuckled at her embarrassment. Tyler placed the new map over his own and it got absorbed. HE watched as a new are, Raylik, was filled in completely, as well as more of Term. Plus a few more towns, roads, and cities. He then looked at Ralik in relation and sighed.
“We made less then HALF our projected progress today.”
Kaori came and sat beside him.
“The royal brats screwed us.”
“Yer saying we got royally screwed?”
She snorted and smacked his back affectionately.
“I’m starting to like the new you, Tyler. You got jokes now that are actually FUNNY.”
Tyler hugged his blonde friend.
“Well, I already LOVE you, Kaori.”
She smiled as she hugged him back,
“I love you too.”
he rubbed her back before they looked back at the map.
“So, we’re just BARELY past the halfway mark to Raylik. Plus now we have a pair of hundred and ten pound pieces of deadweight we need to carry as well.”
The planning Duo looked to see Lillia and Sera learning how to properly spit roast a rabbit.
“They’re pampered pets alright.”
“Least bandit baiting will be easier with those two dingdongs.”
Kaori smiled nastily.
“Indeed it will be. I kinda wanna just cut me loose though.”
He patted the hateful blonde on her back, as he was well aware their types of girls were the kind she hated above all others: The pampered rich girl that never had to lift a finger or do a hard day’s work. He hated them as well. Only not as fiercely. Tyler then smiled as he tapped her on her shoulder.
“Yeah, Whats-urph!”
As she’d looked at him, he leaned in and kissed her, right in full view of everyone. Kaori’s eyes went wide at this surprise, but got RIGHT into it. And she sighed when it ended.
“Better?”
She smiled.
“Much.”
He hugged her again before closing the map.
“I’ll get a look at my skillpoints, you go make em cry some more.”
He kissed her and she went to do just that.
“Alright ladies, time for a water run!”
Tyler smiled as he opened his HUD to find a further 60 points waiting for him. He looked them over, wondering just where to take his build next.
“Hey, have you altered you alternate skills yet?”
He looked up to see Wulf take a seat beside him. Tyler tilted his head.
“Alternate skills?”
His clear confusion caught Wulf off guard.
“Umm, you DO know you have MORE skills then those, right?”
“I do now?”
Wulf looked at him, and burst out laughing.
“You have been doing everything up till just now, unaware of your alternate skills? Like lockpicking, Smithing, crafting, or even fletching?”
Tyler tilted his head.
“Well yeah. Can’t look for something I can already do. Only thing I CAN’T do from what you just said is smithing.”
Wulf looked at him.
“Okay. See that button here?”
He pointed to a icon that looked like an arrow.
“Press it.”
Tyler did and found a list of acquired skills and abilities he had no idea he had.
“Wow. Okay. That’s new. Let’s see.”
There were skills for woodcutting, fishing, sewing, intelligence, perception, lockpicking, all the way down to mining. Tyler then noticed that the majority of his slots were empty. Wulf shook his head.
“To think you’re as strong as you are WITHOUT sword or bow skills. You’ve been using enhancements only right?”
Tyler was looking at his rather high perception skill: 556.
“Yeah. I knew sword and bow skills were out there, but we were kinda in a hurry.”
Wulf sighed.
“You are going to be terrifyingly powerful now. Okay. What kind of Warrior were you going for?”
Tyler sighed as he saw his hunting skill was at a mere 150.
“The kind that draws first and rests last. Here, lemme show you.”
Wulf was taken aback by his stats.
“Wait, you have 200 strength? 225 stamina? 155 physical defense?”
Tyler tilted his head.
“yep. What’s the average?”
“A smith the size of that prick we killed at that camp maxes out at 150. Giants at 175. You’re easily the strongest man alive. I wonder if that’s just because of the Warrior thing? Hey, go back to extra skills.”
Tyler did, and Wulf had him look at the level max limit. It was empty.
“Empty? That means you can keep upgrading to infinity.”
He was awe struck as he pressed the thing. It said limit removal, due to a Warrior’s Growth. He shook his head.
“That’s why. Makes sense. Okay, the alternate skills have to do with you as a person in our world. Do you want to be a merchant? A smith? A hunter? Or some mix of the three? This is where you upgrade the skills around those trades. My advice would to put it into your bartering skill or here in survival. Bartering lets you see if a deal is good or not that much easier. What’s your perception?”
Tyler scrolled up.
“Perception is…556.”
“What?”
Wulf sat back on limp legs at the extreme number. His mouth dropped.
“You’re telling me this is the first time you’ve seen the extra skill interface?”
“Yeah. We’ve been getting by on our past world knowledge and experiences plus Malico’s knowledge of this world.”
“Your perception is THAT extreme?”
Tyler was confused.
“Yeah. What’s the average?”
“50. For elves.”
Tyler just looked at him.
“Okay, let me ask it a different way. What does Perception affect in day to day life?”
He looked down, as if afraid to look him in the eye.
“Perception is used to defend against mental tricks like illusion magic, and is directly correlated to understanding people. For example, a lawyer in our world needs to max out their perception in order to pick out a lie or truth on the fly. To max it out, you have to have spent hours studying to both enhance your own mind and to understand another. I myself have it maxed out as I am ambassador to the human kingdom, and it took me ten years of near constant study, religious prayer, and in the field study to both strengthen my mental fortitude to enemy tricks, and see through them as well. Look for the skill of mental fortitude please.”
Tyler looked for it.
“Mental fortitude….got it…….HOLY.”
Wulf looked over at it.
“1032?!”
The elven ranger looked at Tyler.
“The only way to increase it to THAT magnitude is through years of nonstop mental torture. Now that I think of it, I’m not all that surprised by your mental strength, given the scars on your body.”
Tyler smiled.
“Least I got two skills I don’t need to do anything to. Okay. I think the only thing on this list I really need to work on is my hunting. Everything else not so much.”
Malico chimed in then.
“I’d throw some points in your mana pool and magic. I don’t think you’ve upgraded those yet.”
“Good call, kittycat!”
The brown haired man then looked at the elf.
“You said sword and bow skills.”
Wulf shook his head.
“I did. Those you need to buy in a shop for fighters.”
“They need a license too?”
“No. they need a Certificate.”
Tyler tiled his head.
“Certificate?”
“Yep. Weapon skills, unlike magic spells, require a Certificate to use. Unlike a license, you don’t need to carry them to use them. In fact, no fighter does. As once bought, a skill shows up in your HUD under the skills tab. There you can upgrade them as you use them. Once a Certificate is bought and placed in the HUD, the certificate destroys itself to be remade for resale. If you buy the same Certificate twice, whichever is the stronger one replaces the original.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes.
“I take it you can’t loot them off the dead?”
“Not weapon skills, as they’re more personal then a spell’s license.”
“Hey, Malico, you have any skills?”
She smiled.
“I do. When I throw a dagger, I can’t miss if my target’s within three meters, even if they’re directly behind me. That one’s called Cat’s Claw. I have another called Fury Dance. It doubles my speed for ten seconds, and has a cooldown of ten minutes. I don’t have any others.”
Tyler looked at Wulf, he grinned.
“I have Animal Friend, which is a passive skill that allows for better horse riding, Eagle Eye, which uses my perception to help me aim my bow, Power Shaft-“
“Giggity.”
“Prick. Power Shaft-“
“Giggity.”
“Cut the shit. Power shaft.”
“Goo.”
Wulf just slapped him then.
“Shut up asshole. POWER SHAFT. There I said it! That doubles the power of my shot at range.”
Tyler snorted, as Wulf just groaned.
“Lady Kaori taught me an appropriate phrase for just this situation: Get yo damn mind outta the gutter! YA dirty minded jackass.”
“I friggin love her. Okay, anything else?”
Wulf sighed, just accepting it.
“My last skill is Longsight. I can once again use my Perception to see far off targets both closer and clearer.”
Tyler smiled.
“With my perception, those skills would be simply TERRFYING.”
Wulf was in full agreement.
“They will. You can get them in an archery shop. Plus one handed sword skills like Rapid Lunge and Power Slash.”
Tyler added the sixty points to his magic and mana, bringing their totals up for Magic: 160 and Mana: 280. He closed the HUD and looked around the camp, seeing what else needed to be done.
“Okay, we have plenty of firewood, food and Kaori has the two damsels on a water run, long as she hasn’t drowned them that is, the horses are fed and the tent pitched.”
He then looked over their supplies.
“Food’s good. Coin? We don’t need any help there. Weapons?”
He did a quiver check, and saw they were still full. Malico was resting by the fire naked as was her way, Wulf had gone to look over his own equipment, and kaori and the princesses had yet to return. He sighed.
“I’ll go make sure Kaori hasn’t killed them yet.”
They chuckled as he lifted his weapons and set off for the stream. He heard them before he saw them.
“Ahh come ON! Is THAT you BEST with a rod?”
“Hey, not fair! We’ve never had to do this before!”
“Yeah! At least let us TRY!”
Tyler came around a tree to see kaori had brought out rod and line to teach the girls to fish. From the looks of it, the two princesses were hating it. Tyler sighed as he now felt kinda bad for the two girls now thrown to the wolves. He deliberately broke a twig as he approached to alert the girls. Lillia and Sera were ankle deep in the stream flailing with the rod as kaori was on the verge of killing them. The princesses’ dresses had been torn off at the knees to allow for more active activities. Whereas kaori was just bare footin it. He walked up and hugged the frustrated blonde and kiss her cheek.
“That bad eh?”
Kaori relaxed right away.
“They’re HOPELESS!”
Tyler patted her back.
“Lemme try.”
He walked over.
“Lillia, Sera, out of the stream. Your scaring the fish with all that noise.”
HE was speaking kindly, and the girls hurriedly got out of the water. He then fixed their rods and lines.
“Okay, Lillia. I’ll start with you. C’mere.”
She gulped, but stepped forward to stand by the scary boy. He stood behind her and placed the rod in her hands.
“Here, I’ll show like kaori taught me a few years back.”
The Blonde in question smiled as he laid all credit for her fictional help at her feet. Lillia was shaking at the fact the same man that had killed her knights was holding her like he was. He sighed, and she could feel his breath on her neck.
“Okay, look, you’ll just go hungry if you keep going like this. Now, I have not harmed you or your sister. So, relax and stop shaking. That’s the first step.”
His words were true, and Lillia forced herself to relax. She let out a deep breath and her shaking stopped.
“Good. Now, Hold the rod with this hand here, this one here.”
Once her grip was set, he moved to the next thing.
“Okay, now use your waist to rotate, good, keep your arms nice and slack like that while holding the rod.”
She did the motions as he guided her body in the proper manner.
“Now, rotate back with a little more force, and whip the rod out, just like that.”
HE line whizzed to the center of the stream with a light plop. She sighed with relief.
“Oh thank the gods it worked!”
Tyler chuckled as he still stood behind her.
“THAT is the single easiest part of fishing my dear. Now comes the hard part. Keep a firm grip on that rod, and when you feel it dip,”
The tip of the rod dipped them.
“Yank straight back like this!”
HE pulled on her hands, and she felt the thing jump as the hook was set. The royal princess was then instructed under Tyler’s guiding words how to land a fish. Her catch? A 4 foot salmon. The princess was wrapped in a proud smile as she saw the fruits of her efforts.
“I got one! I actually caught a fish!”
Tyler patted her back.
“Now just rinse and repeat.”
He taught her how to set bait to hook, and Sera the same. Afterwards, the two girls were having a grand time as they pulled more fish out. Together the sisters landed three more salmon, a 5 foot pike, and a 6 pound trout. Tyler walked hand in hand with Kaori as they escorted the now beaming princesses back to camp.
“How’d you find the patience for that?”
He hugged the blonde.
“Remember how I used to have to walk you through the same problem like what? Ten times in a row before it clicked? I had to look at them as little kids that had never seen a fishing pole before.”
Kaori snuggled into his one armed hug.
“I forgot how great of a teacher you can be. Though, I still feel like you just called me stupid, not sure why.”
“You are many things, kaori, stupid is NOT one of them. Math sucks period.”
She smiled happily as they returned to camp. Tyler went over to the cleaning rock.
“Lillia, Sera, I’ll teach you the proper way to clean your catch now.”
The girls gulped, but came to sit across from him. He then spent the next few minutes teaching them how to flay a fish the right way and how to wield a knife. Sera had the hardest time getting past the gore, but once she got over it, she was pretty decent with a flay knife, whereas Lillia got over it first, but was still scared of the knife. They learned though, and after a half hour had their catches sizzling next to the group’s. Then Tyler had them wash their blood-stained hands in the stream before the food was ready. The two girls learning firsthand that food you’d both caught and prepped yourself tastes far better then if you have someone else make it. Lillia and Sera then hugged Tyler gratefully.
“Thanks for teaching us, and for the food.”
“Yeah! It was fun fishing!”
HE smiled as he patted their backs.
“See what you’re capable of with the right push?”
Sera yawned then, even though there was still light out, her adventure having drained her energy. Tyler sighed.
“Go find a spot in the tent Sera. We’re gonna be up a while longer.”
She blinked her blue eyes tiredly.
“Hmm-hmm.”
Kaori helped the exhausted girl into the tent before rejoining the group around the fire. Lillia then had a question.
“What is your plan for the black spells?”
Tyler sighed.
“Sorry toots, you’re not a member of my party, so I can’t tell you. Or are you really vital to our travel like Wulf is.”
“Thank you?”
Kaori chuckled.
“He complemented you that time.”
Wulf got it then. Lillia sighed.
“I understand.”
She hunched her knees up to her chest as she stared into the fire. Tyler patted her back.
“We’ll get you two to Raylik. That much is certain.”
She sniffed as a single tear ran down her face.
“Sooner or later I’ll have to return to the capital. And the pope’s chambers.”
Malico and Wulf looked at each other, as Kaori sighed.
“Whatever you were thinking, make it darker and you understand.”
Wulf sighed.
“I see now. The pope is the true king of Vernillion.”
Tyler looked at him.
“And he’s setting his pieces up for a power play. I’d wager he plans to overthrow the king, set himself up as high king, and start a holy war.”
Lillia pressed her face into her knees as she sobbed, while Kaori hugged her. Wulf looked into the fire thoughtfully.
“I can see how you got that. The pieces all fit.”
Tyler laid on his back to look at the sky.
“I also have a feeling that bastard rigged the Warrior Summoning so this crop was next to useless so he could both keep any potential thorns from arising, or powerful allies that share his ideals. The waves are a secondary concern. Malico, what is that bastard’s main explanation for how the waves started?”
The busty catgirl sighed.
“That they started to punish The Peoples for their lack of faith.”
“There it is. Sounds like he wants to start a crusade.”
With the exception of kaori, they were unfamiliar with the term.
“What’s a crusade?”
“The way you used it makes it seem different then an adventure.”
“Sounds noble though.”
Tyler placed another log on the fire.
“A religious Crusade is, at least in our old world, an attempt to spread the church’s power through force. In our world, entire cultures were wiped out from them. One crusade resulted in the deaths of hundreds of millions in a mere hundred years.”
Wulf, Malico, and Lillia looked at him as he poked the fire with a poke made from a Lisk bone.
“The term in our world is ‘March’. A ‘Holy march’. There hasn’t been a true march in nearly three hundred years.”
Tyler looked at Wulf.
“Well, that pope is readying Vernillion to start one.”
The elven ranger sighed.
“We need to warn her Elegance.”
Tyler said nothing as Lillia looked to him.
“What are you going to do?”
Tyler sighed.
“Beyond warning the elves? Nothing. I told you, me number one priority is keeping kaori and Malico alive. And Getting Wulf to his queen in one piece.”
The elf and the princess looked at him in shock.
“You’re telling me, you have no intention of stopping him?”
“You won’t help us?”
Malico and Kaori stayed silent as Tyler handled this one, as he was the best suited this kind of talk.
“I don’t owe this world a damned thing. Neither does Kaori nor Malico. I want no part in bailing out your father, and to be perfectly honest, they could rot from all I care.”
Wulf was openly glaring at him as Lillia started crying.
“How can you turn your back on her plight like that?”
Tyler looked at him.
“I will have NO hand in aiding a kingdom that would allow such a vile man like Valdic to come to power, NOR will I lift a finger to aid a king that would allow such machinations to steal his very kingdom out from under him to go unanswered. The pope raped his daughter, and he has no fucking clue? That’s no king, just a doll on some strings.”
“AND JUST WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW OF MY FATHER? YOU JUST ROAM THE WILDS DOING WHATEVER YOU WANT WHILE HE HAS TO LEAD A COUNTRY!”
Lillia was screaming at him through her tears at the boy that was her last hope of salvation. Tyler snorted.
“Lady. A good king knows NOT to trust the church. Period. A GOOD FATHER Knows to PROTECT his daughters, and can tell when they need him the most. As for leading a country? How does he lead it period?”
She looked at him.
“He has to listen to diplomats all desperate to get into his good graces bicker and fight over his words like rabid dogs. He has to keep the nobles appeased or he’ll lose the crown.”
“Toots ya just proved my point. If he has to bend the knee to ANYONE other then his wife or his daughters, then he’s no true ruler. A true ruler wields the respect and fear of his subjects with absolute authority. Here, let me tell you a saying of one of our world’s wisest men that they teach kids of in school.”
The two looked at him as he continued.
“It is better to be feared then loved, if one cannot be both.”
Kaori smiled.
“Paul Machiavelli.”
“Yep.”
Wulf sighed deeply.
“There’s a dark wisdom there, I have to admit.”
Lillia looked at her new betrayal.
“My father can’t rule the kingdom without the nobles support!”
“Miss, the point he is trying to make, is your father is a blind ruler. Let me ask you something.”
She was still streaming tears.
“What?”
“Put Tyler on the throne, would the kingdom look like?”
Lillia looked at Tyler as he sharpened the flay knife.
“if HE was on the throne, the nobles would either be dead or not speak period, any naysayers would be afraid to speak, and the kingdom would be ruled with an iron fist.”
Wulf smiled an unpleasant smile.
“But would it be safe?”
Lillia shuddered.
“It would both be safe from enemies within the borders, and without them as well.”
“THAT’s his point. As it is now, the king does more appeasing the idiots at the top then caring for those at the bottom. Tyler is heartlessly cruel, terrifyingly merciless, and is just plain scary.”
“Thank you for the complement.”
“jackass. That said, he is both extremely kind, brave to the point of idiocy-“
“Bro, it’s terrifying how often those two go hand in hand.”
“Will you shut up? And he doesn’t hesitate to throw himself in harms way to protect the ones he cares about. Plus, and I HATE to admit this, but he is also fair. To all. He placed the same expectations on you as he did me. And enforced them. In his world, NO ONE get’s special treatment with the single exception of Kaori. Everyone else is on a level playing field, is you try and get too big for yourself, he’ll cut you down to size. If you start to get smaller, he’ll help you back up. Like how he taught you to fish after you utterly failed to be of any help.”
Tyler smirked as the elf finished his speech.
“I was expecting you to cop to being jealous of something, but I guess not. Right, kaori? Malico?”
The two ladies picked right up on his sideways jab, and so did a fuming Wulf. The girls giggled into their hands as the ladyless Wulf both wanted to kill Tyler, and felt tremendous respect for both his lovers, and his verbal trickery. I may hate that shit, but DAMN it if he’s not right! Lillia was wiping her tears,
“So, you’re refusing to help my father, because he refuses to help himself? Is that your point?”
“In not as many words.”
She sniffed as she regained her composure.
“Okay. You’ve never met the man personally. You’ll have to meet him after the first wave to both receive payment, and the time for the next one.”
Tyler sighed.
“Yeah, about the waves.”
The princess looked at him.
“What about them?”
HE pulled an apple from a pouch and munched as he talked.
“How’s it work, exactly? Like do we get teleported to the battlefield? Do we need to meet at the field?”
Lillia was shocked, until she remembered.
“That’s right. You missed the explanation given to the other Warriors. Okay. The first wave is in two weeks past two months. Two weeks prior to the start, you’ll a get a notice on your HUD to return to the capital. The capital is the staging ground for the Warriors, and you’ll wait there until the wave starts. Once it does, you’ll be teleported to the field where it’ll be strongest. Once the battle is over, you will then be teleported back to the capital.”
“Who oversees the teleporting?”
She looked at him.
“The world itself does.”
“It can’t be tampered with?”
“No. A teleport spell is absolute in it’s casting. The Warrior Teleport is immune to all forms of tampering.”
“I see a major risk to kaori is we set foot in the capital. Do we HAVE to return to the capital for the teleport to work?”
Lillia nodded.
“You do. If you don’t return, then it won’t work. If a Warrior refuses to fight the waves, they die.”
Tyler sighed deeply.
“Kaori, we’ll need to play that EXTREMELY carefully. A teleport is easy to fake. Okay?”
The blonde nodded.
“Until the teleport takes place, lets hold hands or more.”
“Good call. We can probably use that same inn again.”
She was in agreement.
“They didn’t find us before, no reason to think they would this time.”
Tyler smiled,
“We’ll worry about that when it gets closer. For now though, we need to make a choice here.”
They all looked at him. Wulf was the one that asked the question.
“What choice?”
He sighed.
“What do we tell Seline? Lillia and Sera’s transports were a mere trap. They were sent to die. I’m willing to bet gold that Seline has NO idea they were eve coming, plus with what we learned here, we need to come to an understanding. Plus how will we explain how her royal transport, along with a full complement of knights, were lost?”
The experienced ambassador sighed deeply.
“I See your concern. We risk open hostilities with the capital over this. Plus our mere arrival at Raylik puts Seline between a rock and a hard place.”
Lillia sighed now as well.
“We need to consider this.”
Tyler crossed his arms.
“We HAVE to resupply and unload. We need things we can’t make in the field.”
He then looked to Wulf.
“You’ve met the Lady. Tell me about her.”
Wulf smiled.
“Seline is a just woman. She’s of the Fox people. She’s kind, fierce, and is not afraid to step to another’s defense.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes.
“How loyal to the crown is she?”
The question caught them both off guard.
“She’s a friend to the king.”
“Plus, she’s like our aunt.”
Tyler groaned.
“Great. We’re headed into the city of a loyalist. With the king’s daughters dirty from the trail with a tale of betrayal, blood, and lies. Yeah, we’re screwed.”
Wulf snorted.
“Seline is many things, but a blind follower is NOT one of them. Her and Her Elegance have been friends for two hundred years. Lovers at times as well.”
“Gonna have fun with THAT tidbit, but to be honest, Wulf? I’m not sure I can trust your queen either. As I have not met these ladies myself, I can ask the questions: Are they playing both sides? Would they try to lead us on with pretty words only to hang us from them? Are they as true as they seem or just good actors?”
Wulf hung his head as he sighed.
“I see your point. It is hard to trust someone you’ve never met before.”
Tyler smiled.
“I trust you, Wulf, but I cannot afford to take risks here. Not when we face fates worse than death itself.”
The Elven ranger smiled.
“I appreciate the sentiment. And understand.”
Tyler stared into the fire as he considered their options.
“We can’t take the princesses with us to Wulf’s homeland. That would smell of a kidnapping. But, if we take them to Raylik, it runs the risk of ALL of us getting killed. And we for damn sure can’t take them with us elsewhere. Our travels are just beyond what a pair of raised in a castle princesses can survive.”
Lillia hung her head.
“I agree. We’d only get in your way. Or get us all killed.”
Tyler sighed.
“So. We’re all but forced to go to Raylik. As for Seline? We’ll tell her your transport was hit by a nasty bandit raid. We’re actually going to claim a bounty anyway. So, that lends weight to us merely stumbling upon your caravan. Your knights were caught completely off guard by the surprise attack and killed. We had to dump the wagon as we needed to hurry. And such a large thing was too tempting a target for bandits.”
The heads all nodded.
“That makes both a very believable story, and fills all the blanks nicely.”
“Plus we can explain the night on the trail as a means of safety.”
Tyler smiled.
“We have our story. Now, about our bandit baiting.”
Lillia looked at him.
“Bandit baiting?”
Tyler chuckled.
“Our plan was to bait bandits as we traveled to Raylik. As a bit of fun, means for some coin and items, and to spread our rep. Plus since I myself can eat a group of fifteen idiots alone as a means of exercise, we can test out new spells and tricks on a weaker enemy.”
Lillia smiled.
“All the while doing the realm a favor.”
Tyler smiled again.
“Now that we have two CLEARLY non-fighters on our horses, we’ll most likely get jumped again. So, some mid-trip entertainment.”
Here, Lillia became nervous.
“Are you sure it’ll be that easy?”
“Certain. We killed a Lisk three days ago, plus with ME in the mix, it’ll be fun.”
Kaori laughed.
“HE’s got a point. He’s immune to all paralytics, and only we are aware of that. So, he can play possum if he gets hit.”
The group chuckled as Lillia looked at him.
“How are you immune to those?”
Tyler smiled.
“A special ability in case of emergency. All I can tell you. That, and it’s name.”
She gulped.
“What is it called?”
HE smiled darkly as the fire reflected itself in his eyes.
“Demon’s Wrath.”
The poor girl shuddered at the evil image he made. The group laughed at her fearful face as Malico yawned. Tyler chuckled.
“That’s the bell ladies.”
“Prick.”
Tyler smiled as they all entered the tent, and found Sera sleeping in a corner. Tyler chuckled.
“You get all that Sera?”
She squeaked in surprise. Then she lifted her head up to look at him with the fur blanket up to her face in fear.
“H-how’d y-you know?”
Even Lillia was shocked.
“Yes, how did you know she was faking? I couldn’t even tell!”
Tyler chuckled as he removed his shirt and mail vest. The magic lantern illuminated his scars and got a gasp of shock from the two girls. Now they had two questions.
“What happened to you?”
“What she said?”
Tyler laid between Kaori and Malico, and the ladies rested their heads on his chest.
“My family didn’t like me much.”
Sera got up and went over to hug him on the ground, as Lillia shook her head.
“That explains so much.”
Tyler patted the kind younger sister on her head.
“You give good hugs Sera. As for the other thing? Your breathing was a little TOO light for proper sleep.”
She giggled at his pat.
“That felt nice! Kinda like you were my big brother!”
That made Malico and Kaori chuckle as they rested on his chest. Tyler patted her again.
“Go get some rest Sera. We got a hard day’s ride tomorrow.”
“Kay!”
She skipped over to lay beside her sister with Wulf still alone by the flap. Tyler smiled as he rested back and started relaxing.
“Good night Ladies. And Wulf.”
“I know where you sleep, you infuriating prick.”
“Noted.”
the girls all chuckled as they dozed off into deep slumber.
DAYS UNTIL WAVE: 63


Tyler opened his eyes to find Malico’s face right next to his own, with kaori’s arm over his chest. He smiled, and kissed her awake. HE could feel her massive naked melons pressed into his chest as she opened her eyes to smile at him.
“Good morning love.”
She was purring like a cat as he stroked her soft skin her back.
“Good morning.”
He kissed her again, and she lashed her tail at this. Then she let him up. He looked over and saw Sera asleep in Lillia’s arms with Wulf near the flap. Kaori was still sleeping on her side, and he smiled as he covered her with the fur that covered his body. Then he and Malico left the tent to start the morning routine. Tyler got the fire going as Malico laid out food. Tyler had the fire blazing again as Malico made a breakfast of fish, Lisk, roasted apples and some strawberries they’d found. Once the flames were set, Tyler pulled the map out to once again go over the plan for the day. Malico was in charge of cooking this time, while Tyler looked at the map.
“Okay, we’re here. If we move out after breakfast at a decent clip, we should reach Raylik by early evening, with plenty of daylight to go see the leader and find an inn.”
He had his blades beside him and his bow as well.
“Good morning kaori.”
The trying to be sneaky blonde jumped with a squeak.
“Eep!”
“Cute.”
She smiled and hugged him from behind and he kissed her.
“How’d you know I was there?”
HE rubbed her soft arm.
“I’m always aware of where you are.”
She smiled as she looked at the map.
“Everything good commander?”
“Well, we DO have one issue that needs to be addressed.”
She caught his serious tone,
“What is it?”
He looked at her, and kissed her on the lips. Then he pulled back.
“There, taken care of.”
She blinked before she got it. Then she smiled as her heart sang. Where the hell did he learn to be this smooth? Dude once upon a time wouldn’t even LOOK at me! Now he’s stealing kisses off me and showering me in complements? The HELL?
Tyler rolled the map up as Wulf came out yawning and went about his morning prayer. Kaori went to take a dip in the cool stream to get her blood going, and Malico was on cooking duty. Tyler was looking over what they needed to buy in town. The things they needed most spices, herbs like Basil, bread, sugar, and other ingredients for trail meals. They also needed to empty out their license rings, loot bags and unusable items. Wulf, having finished his prayer, came over to assist.
“How’s it looking?”
Tyler was placing the loot pouches back in their saddlebags.
“We’re understocked in terms of cooking ingredients. And overstocked on sales goods. I’m wondering if we’re carrying too much sales goods for a set of mere travelers.”
Wulf rubbed his narrow chin.
“I’d say we’re fine for a group that’s been out in the wilds for a week. We seem more like a group of adventurers returning from a journey.”
Tyler smiled at that.
“Now as long as they’ll take our Wyvern and Lisk loot without hassle, we’re golden.”
That got a chuckle. Tyler then thought to look over his spells and see if he could upgrade them. He took his seat by the fire and flipped through his licenses to Protective Warning. He found he could upgrade it by using skillpoints like his HUD earned for that spell. HE smiled as he added an extra hundred meters, bringing the distance to 250 meters, and on top of the mental image it gave him, would also hinder enemy spells within the protected area. Tyler loved the spell, and decided to leave it at 250 meters of range, and start adding other bonuses as he got them. He then upgraded ChainShot to have 5x the force of a regular shaft, decreased it’s mana cost from ten to 5, and made it so all he had to do was say the spell name. WaterBurst’s healing strength was increased along with the force of the burst. Holy relief got upgraded to both cost less and heal more. And tranquil waters’ range was increased to 250 meters. He had just finished his upgrades when Sera and Lillia came out yawning from the tent. He smiled at the royal pair.
“Morning ladies. Foods nearly ready.”
Sera smiled as Lillia took a spot by the fire. Tyler set his Licenses away as Sera came over and sat beside him. She was still smiling at him like he was her brother.
“Uhh, hi.”
She laid her head on his shoulder, as Lillia giggled.
“Wow, she LIKES you.”
Tyler wrapped his arm around the smaller girl.
“Well, I like you too, Sera.”
She giggled as she blushed.
“Teehee! Thank you!”
Tyler rubbed her back as he shrugged, eh, fuck it. She’s more little sister though.
Sera was happily humming as he stroked her back when kaori came back from her morning dip to see Tyler with Sera snuggled under his arm like she was his sister and he her older brother. The pretty blonde shook her head as she sat beside Lillia.
“I guess Sera’s got a new favorite.”
The princess chuckled.
“She does indeed. She’s never met a boy like Tyler before, so is loving the adventure.”
Malico got their attention then.
“Foods ready!”
The group ate breakfast and readied the horses. Tyler tore the tent down, Kaori saddled their mounts, Wulf stood watch as protective warning and tranquil waters dissipated, and Malico cleaned the site, as the cook cleans the mess. Once teardown was finished, the friends mounted up and set off down the road, leaving only a single scorch mark on the ancient stone to indicate they’d been there. Tyler had little Sera on his horse this time as Lillia shared Mounts with Malico. Sera sitting in front of him as she was half his size. The black haired princess loving the easy canter they were going at as well as feeling tall. Tyler was in the lead again and was playing with the girl by poking her side and tickling her as they went. Kaori found the sight of the large boy playing with the girl who was not even half his size cute.
“Wow, Tyler! You look like such a good big brother to little Sera there!”
HE rubbed the girls hair.
“Well, she’s good fun. And a nice change to GET to play big brother to a decent little sister for once.”
Sera was smiling as he spoiled her, loving the fact she had a Warrior of Legend playing with her hair. Tyler was also loving playing with her as well, as she had gotten over her fear of the scarred boy to just have fun.
They rode along without issue for a few hours, meeting no one besides them on the dusty road, which struck Tyler as odd. He looked to Lillia.
“Hey, Lillia, is the King’s Road NORMALLY this empty?”
The older sister to Sera smiled.
“Usually is until we near a large city. It may be a main highway through our kingdom, but it’s empty a lot of the times due to both better routes, and safer alternates, despite it being the fastest route to the capital.”
Tyler smiled, and noted a set of shadows off to his right in a patch of tall grass. Tyler rubbed his eyes with his right hand and subtly nodded towards the right. Wulf and the two ladies got his silent heads up. Tyler was still playing with Sera when an Arrow whistled to land point down in the dirt just in front of Thunder’s hooves. The horse, however did NOT react with panic, and just stopped as the large Thoroughbred tossed his head with an nicker. The other horses stopped too, as a group of fifteen men in blackened chainmail vests came out to block the road ahead. Sera and Lillia were scared, but a pat and a glance from Tyler was enough to calm them. Tyler smiled as a tall man with a bow and arrow trained on him spoke.
“Alright, hand over your women and valuables.”
“I was just startin to get bored too!”
Tyler flipped the dagger no one had seen him draw into the man’s throat, before leaping off the tall horse as he drew oblivion, the short sword perfect for speedy draws. Sera went wide eyed as she saw a Warrior work his craft. Tyler was on the ground and had cut four to pieces before they even knew what had happened. Tyler then planted his feet and swung his blade in a sweeping arc, severing limbs, and killing an additional three. Kaori and Wulf were also active, as the blonde was dancing among a second group of ten that had attacked from the right as Wulf used kaori’s bow to take out their archers with the accuracy only an Elven Ranger can. Malico was miffed she didn’t get to play, but played the good defender as Tyler, kaori, and Wulf made short work of the bandits. Then there was only one left. Kaori went and climbed atop Thunder to cover her eyes.
“Cover your ears too, little one, Tyler needs to do some dark work now.”
Sera understood and complied. Lillia was concerned.
“What’s he going to do Malico?”
The catgirl smiled.
“We need to kill their camp. So. Find out where it is.”
The last man hand been disarmed by Tyler’s skillful blade work, and was cowering on the ground.
“Mercy, great one! Please! I’ll give you anything!”
Tyler squatted across from the terrified man.
“Your camp. Where is it?”
The man looked away as he answered.
“A half hour ride that way Sirraaahahh!”
Tyler pulled his Sgian Dao and stabbed him in the knee. As before he glared at him with the full force of his new glare.
“Right here, buddy. Map.”
The whites of the man’s eyes were visible as he pulled a regular map from his cloak.
“here!”
“Number of men?”
Tyler was twisting the blade slowly.
“Twenty!”
“Leader have a bounty?”
“Forty gold dead! Names Waleis! Wields a boardsword!”
“Mages?”
“two!”
“Paths?”
“Red and black!”
Tyler looked at Wulf.
“We need to kill that black mage.”
“Uh-huh.”
Tyler withdrew his knife and knocked the man out cold.
“Alright ladies and elf. You know the drill.”
Sera’s eyes and ears were uncovered as Tyler, Kaori, Wulf, and Malico began searching the dead bandits with the quiet efficiency born of practice. Sera tilted her head.
“What are you looking for?”
Tyler smiled as he pulled a small pouch of coins from a dead bandit.
“We’re looking for anything useful Sera: Coin, licenses, potions, basically anything we can use.”
Sera thought this new information over as Lillia sighed.
“Don’t you think it similar to grave robbing?”
“Not really. We’re more honoring another phrase from my world.”
Sera looked at him.
“What phrase is that?”
Tyler stood up holding a blue-bladed dagger he’d found.
“you keep what you kill. In other words, anything that kill had on them when they made us kill them.”
Sera nodded as if she understood.
“I don’t really get it, but they don’t need their stuff anymore if they’re dead.”
Tyler and his friends burst out laughing at her wisdom.
“Atta girl Sera! See, you guys, she gets it!”
Sera giggled as he praised her. The looting was finished and the haul this time was 45 silver, 89 copper, a blue dagger, a few mana potions, and some licenses. The friends mounted up as Tyler looked over the dagger.
“That’s a Water Dagger.”
Tyler looked at Wulf, the one that spoke.
“What’s it do?”
The elf chuckled.
“It boosts blue path magics when wielded by a blue pather.”
Tyler got it then.
“Neat. I’ll keep this one.”
He placed it in a sheath of skin before adding the map to the bandit camp to his own map. He looked at the spot and smiled.
“Hey, Wulf, look here.”
The ranger did, and smiled.
“They built there camp in a rock formation that surrounds it on three sides. Not bad, but also not good.”
Tyler looked at the topography.
“You know that spot?”
The elf nodded.
“It’s that other spot I told you about last night.”
“Good thing we stayed at that one then. Is there another way in or out?”
“A small passage in the back. If you don’t know to look for it, you’d never find it.”
Tyler put his map away.
“Let’s go say hi.”
Lillia jumped.
“We’re attacking it ourselves?”
Tyler had Thunder headed in the direction Wulf indicated.
“We have to, Lillia. They have a black mage. That guy gets his hands on the wrong License we have a friggin nightmare scenario here.”
Lillia slumped.
“I understand. Where will we be?”
“Malico will stand guard. Sorry, kittycat, but I need Wulf to show us the path, and Kaori to help kill.”
The busty cat smiled.
“I understand. And don’t blame you.”
“I’ll reward you later. How? Well,”
He leered at her bouncing chest.
“I’m sure I can think of SOMETHING.”
The cat purred as they rode along.

Wulf had the group hitch their horses near a stream as Tyler placed his Magicite sword, Oblivion, his crystalline bow on his back with his daggers on his hips. Kaori had her Katana and wakizashi, as Wulf his leaf sword and kaori’s lended bow since his was one draw from snapping. The trio set off along the streambank with Wulf leading with Tyler a step behind and Kaori right beside him. Malico sighed as she had to play babysitter.
“Well, at least they’ll have fun.”

The trio approached the large rock face, and they could hear the sounds of a active bandit camp within the stone, if the yelling, screaming and clash of steel was anything to tell by. Wulf smiled as he pointed out a crack in a tower of stone that looked like a massive tooth thirty feet tall and maybe fifty wide. Tyler followed their elf friend as they squeezed into the crack and found it to be like a narrow hall that Tyler, due to his size, was having a hard time dealing with. Kaori could plainly see him having to suck in his stomach to fit, and wanted to crack a fat joke. But I will NOT be the blonde stereotype that gets her party caught by a bad joke at the wrong time dammit! Wulf held up a finger, and pointed to a similar crack in the rock. The trio waited for him to give the all clear before squeezing through. Once outside, Tyler carefully drew his broadsword, and it flared with a duller mix of his paths the attack was not ready yet. Kaori had her Katana out and Wulf his blade. The trio were behind the largest tent, and were creeping along a ground of patted dirt that rendered their steps silent as they looked for a spot to open the tent. Then a man in a black robe came behind the tent and lowered his drawers to take a whizz. Tyler placed his sword with kaori, and pulled his dagger. As silent as a shadow, Tyler snuck behind the man. Only to lock an arm around his throat before plunging the dagger twice into his heart before once into his kidney and laying the now dead man on the ground. Wulf, even with his superior elven hearing, had not heard a single sound during the assassination. That boy. If he can move so silently that not even an elf can hear him, and kill with the same silence, then that would explain why the pope could not capture him in his own tower. You can’t catch a wraith. Tyler sheathed his blade, and pulled his bow with a shaft on the string. He’d spotted a lookout on a tall tower near what looked like a signal flame or alarm. The silent boy drew his arrow back, and fired. The arrow taking the man in the back of the head and dropping him without a sound. Then he readied his next shot as he then spotted a man alone by the rock face whizzing as well, with a long staff beside him. Tyler added an extra shaft and buried both in the mans head. Wulf had yet to hear a single sound beyond a simple twang of string as Tyler assassinated three men in a camp of twenty without a single man the wiser. Tyler smiled as he then saw a final loner near a further rock face. HE killed him as well before they moved along, seeking the best place to set off the most chaos. Tyler had his dagger out as his other blade was sheathed. Tyler assassinated four more on the perimeter, bringing the total men in camp to 12. He had yet to find the leader or the black mage. And as he killed his ninth silently, a cry was heard.
“Alarm! We got an assassin in the camp!”
Tyler put up his bow and pulled his sword as the camp came to life to realize that nine were dead already. The element of surprise still working in their favor, the hunting trio waited until a small group of four men came close before launching the open attack. Tyler split one clean in half as Kaori made a mist of his buddy and Wulf killed his other friend. Tyler pivoted on his leg to bring the large battle blade across his chest and severing his torso completely. That left 8 alive of the initial twenty. The men had their weapons out as a tall man with a massive greatsword slung easily over his shoulder face the still outnumbered group.
“Och, well ya no look what the wind blew in. A slip of an elf, a mere boy, and a rather pretty toy.”
Tyler and his friends were not interested, and charged. Tyler smiled as he and the leader clashed.
“I take it you’re Waleis?”
Tyler had blocked the man’s 8 foot greatsword swing with his 5 foot broadsword. The man gaped.
“By the Gods! A Demon!”
Tyler flipped the man’s blade around and severed his head.
“Yep.”
By the time he’d gotten done, his companions had finished their fight as well. They were shaking their heads.
“Demon? Ha!”
“Agreed.”
They searched the dead and camp. Laughing as they learned the black mage was the first man Tyler had killed.
“Somehow it fits.”
“Right? A coward killed with his pants down.”
Kaori handled the man’s licenses as Tyler couldn’t touch them. She flipped through them with Wulf right beside her, as he was an expert on banned spells. Kaori was nearly finished with the small packet.
“Wow, maybe we got-‘
“Wait. Go back one.”
She flipped, and Wulf sighed. Tyler came over and stood beside him.
“Got another one?”
He nodded.
“Willing Misery. It costs ten mana, and the target willingly supplants themselves for play by the caster, while both fully conscious of what they’re doing and knowing it’s wrong, yet all too eager to actually to the deed.”
Tyler sighed.
“I think we need to ask Lillia about that one.”
Wulf looked at him.
“You don’t think the pope used a forbidden spell to take her, do you? THAT church instituted the bans!”
Tyler smiled a dark smile.
“And who was responsible for destroying these?”
Wulf looked at him, then his eyes went so wide Tyler was tempted to put a spoon under them.
“The church was. By the gods. They weren’t destroyed at all, they were-“
“Stockpiled. The pope has an arsenal of banned spells that was handed to him on a silver platter.”
Wulf just sighed as his shoulders slumped.
“We’re all in grave danger.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Not right now. Come on, we got work to do.”
Wulf nodded and the camp was stripped bare of all valuables. This haul netting them ten gold coins, 45 silver, no copper surprisingly, the head of the leader, his monster sword, serval potions, and an extra coin pouch that held 5000 gold, silver and copper coins filled with another two thousand copper. The trio then left the dead and returned to their horses and friends. They found the girls waiting patiently by the horses. Sera patting Thunder, Lillia resting on the grass by the stream as Malico threw daggers at a tree trunk. The girls were relieved by the party’s return. Malico caught Tyler’s look, and came over.
“He had one?”
kaori slipped it to her out of sight of Sera or Lillia.
“Hide that quick. It’s a mean one.”
Malico slid the dangerous item in her well-hidden pouch, and watched as Tyler hung the massive sword on Thunder’s other side before adding the head to the bag.
“Was it hard?”
Tyler smiled as he lifted Sera back up onto Thunder.
“More light workout.”
They mounted up and set off down the trail, with Lillia riding with kaori for an interrogation. They returned to the road and headed off at a light gallop to make up for the lost time. Sera loving the feel of the wind in her hair as they went. The happy girl loving life as they headed along with her hands in the air feeling the wing rush by.
“Better than that wagon?”
She giggled.
“Uh-huh! This is fun!”
They hugged her as Kaori pulled alongside. Tyler sighed.
“I right?”
The pretty blonde nodded as Lillia rested her head on her back.
“Yup. Bastard used it on her for her first. After.”
“Blackmail. Yeah, I got it.”
He patted Lillia’s back.
“We ARE going to kill him at some point. So you know at least.”
She turned her head to look at hm.
“I thought you said you wouldn’t help us?”
“Well, Lillia, when it comes to that bastard, his head is MINE to take.”
Lillia smiled.
“Can I watch?”
“If you’re there. Seriously, middle of the road, town square, middle of the king’s throne room, I see that bastard again I’m killing him. No two ways about it.”
Lillia smiled happily.
“I’ll look forward to it.”
That got a smirked as Sera bawled.
“Look! Raylik Tower!”
Tyler looked forward to see a massive structure rearing above the fantasy landscape of rolling plains and rippling grassland. The Tower was a dull brown thing with a strange twisting pattern not unlike a twizzler from his world. He could also make out a massive window that looked down the road that Tyler grinned at.
“hey, kaori, ten gold says that fox chick hangs out a lot in that window.”
kaori snorted.
“Like I said. I don’t do rigged bets!”
They chuckled as the walls came into view. These being smaller then Term’s and Dragul’s, and a rather rustic looking brown. Tyler threw a wrapping over his bow in case of elf. He then activated his warrior’s Insignia as they approached the outer wall. He looked to Wulf.
“We made great time. Wasn’t expecting to get here till three hours past noon.”
The elven ranger chuckled as the joined the line of others looking to enter.
“Strange is it not? That map made it look longer than it actually is. It happens to travelers all the time, as they’ll gauge how long the trip will take, only to beat their schedule by a respectable margin.”
Tyler tilted his head.
“Wonder if it’s an old enchantment to aid a long journey?”
Wulf smiled.
“That’s a rather popular theory, other’s think it’s due to Raylik being the only city on the king’s road for a hundred miles that the trip seems longer due to your eagerness to get there.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I can see that. Like how a return trip home seems to take less time than the trip out, even if you go the same speed both ways and take the exact same route.”
The group moved along.
“The world is a strange place.”
“That it is Wulf, that it is.”

Tyler and his band waited patiently in the long lines of people waiting to enter the city. Tyler passing the time by teasing Sera by poking her and pretending not to. Kaori was getting looks of admiration from both man and woman as she sat stop her elegant horse cleaning her wakizashi. Whereas Malico was getting open leers and looks at her massive bust. Wulf was also getting looks, mainly from human women at the handsome elven ranger in their mix. Sera squealed as Tyler poked her yet again and a passing guard happened to look at her face. Annnd gasp hard.
“Milady Sera Von Vernillion!”
She groaned.
“Spotted.”
Tyler laughed as the guards went into immediate panic mode at the sight of the princess.
“At least we can get in faster.”
She sighed, but a hug from him made her feel better. Then a man in brown steel armor came over with a set of similar armed local soldiers. The man looked at the man holding her.
“Sirrah. I am Wallgate Captain Yatano Walik. I must ask you to relinquish the princess to our care at once.”
“Stand down Captain.”
He looked over, and saw Lillia looking at him from her spot on Kaori’s horse. His face went extra pale.
“Milady Lillia! At once Your grace!”
Tyler gave a crest fallen Lillia a comforting pat.
“hey, cheer up, Lillia, at least we got Wulf. Not sure what he can do, but we got him.”
That made her smile as Wulf flipped him off.
“Prick! Why is it always ME?”
Kaori laughed.
“jackass did the same thing to my brother. Other then me, Kazuma was his closest friend.”
They got seperated from the group and waved through the center of the road normally reserved for military caravans. Tyler was still teasing Sera as they passed through wallgate security. Then a series of gasps were heard again as Tyler’s face was lit up by the sun on the other side. A guard was heard muttering,
“What the hell are the princesses doing with the Murderers?”
Tyler looked right at the man that had spoken, and grinned a shit eating grin as they passed. Tyler then turned his attention to the town they’d entered. Unlike the sprawling mess of the capital, Raylik was a neat city with gracefully flowing buildings of homely brown, red, and a odd placed blue here and there. In regards to architecture, the buildings seemed more classic fantasy cottage then the gloom inspiring stone structures of the Capital. On the sides of the passing group were throngs of people giving them a wide berth, as Tyler’s Warrior insignia alone scared them, and the presence of the princess playing with him atop a massive black horse like she was his younger sister more than enough to inspire them to just get the fuck out of their way. Tyler then noticed a series of damaged buildings near a side street.
“Hey, Lillia, that the street those idiots ruined?”
The princess looked and sighed.
“Yeah. A shame since that was a favorite of mine.”
“I’ll give Seline the means to fix it.”
The street in question had scorched buildings, shattered windows in every building, holes in walls, and the clear aftermath of a drunken rampage with magic and super strength. Tyler shook his head as they passed.
“I’ll bet ten gold Seline asks me to help heal her people as a sign of good faith.”
Kaori gave a disgusted sigh.
“Again. Rigged.”
Tyler smiled as he noticed the road they’d been walking on was cobblestone, and found he loved the sound of horse hooves clip clopping on cobblestone. They passed a small wooden bridge over a small river when a courier came running towards them.
“Hail Warrior! Hail!”
Tyler stopped to look at the scraggily boy panting as he fought for breath. The boy was younger than Tyler, was thinner, had dirt on his face, but Tyler didn’t see any scars or other signs of abuse.
“Hiya, what’s up?”
The boy took a breath before delivering his message.
“The Lady Seline is awaiting your presence in the Sky Spear. She wishes to meet he Warriors Tyler and Kaori and their party.”
Tyler nodded,
“Thanks kid. Here.”
Tyler dropped a handful of silver coins in the boys hand. His eyes lit up as Tyler patted his head, feeling a set of ears.
“Not all the Warriors are idiots.”
Tyler left the mind blown boy staring at the twenty gleaming coins in his hands. Wulf shook his head.
“Kind and well-played ploy.”
Tyler chuckled as Sera pointed him in the right direction.
“Wanna learn about the top? Look at the bottom. Boy needed to eat more, but that’s no biggee. I couldn’t find any scars or other marks on him, so I got twice the info.”
Wulf was confused until kaori filled him in.
“You can tell a lot about a city’s character based on how it treats the ones under it. That boy was just slender, Tyler, not skinny. I think he’s just a thin one to begin with.”
“I can see that. Kid’s frame didn’t exactly scream powerhouse.”
Wulf chuckled again.
“I understand now. A most wise rule indeed.”
Sera was happily humming as they neared the Sky Spear. They were then hailed by a ferrier near a set of stables.
“Sirrah!”
They looked as the tall, lanky man came forward.
“Sirrah, your stables are ready. Please, allow us to care for your mounts.”
Tyler smiled.
“No offense, but we’d all feel better settling them in ourselves. I’m sure you understand.”
The Ferrier did, and nodded with an approving gleam in his eye.
“I do indeed Sirrah. Right his way.”
The friends dismounted, and Tyler bumped the sword on Thunder’s side, and it jogged his memory.
“Hey, buddy, I got a question for ya.”
The Ferrier looked at him.
“What can I do for you?”
Tyler patted a bag on his horse.
“We got a pair of bounties to collect. Where do we do that?”
The man chuckled.
“Just take the proof of kills inside the Spear. Look for a large window behind a steel cage. Once proof of kill is confirmed, you’ll receive payment.”
Tyler tossed him a few silver.
“Thanks bro.”
The man had been a ferrier for years, and had learned who to trust, who to collect payment upfront from, and who to just straight up be scared of. This boy was both to be feared above even the Pope, and trusted with his life. Especially when he asked the question.
“Pray tell, which bounties are you looking to claim?”
Tyler smiled as he lifted the massive sword and axe off Thunder’s sides.
“Guy by the name of Waleis and another named Valic.”
The man went pale.
“The giant and the butcher?”
“Of course they’re called that.”
Tyler and his friends un saddled their mounts as Sera and Lillia watched. Tyler then hefted the large weapons and the sack of heads as they strode inside the tower. Sera holding his hand as she skipped along and Lillia right beside Kaori. The Ferrier looked at the Insignia over the now occupied stalls.
“I’m thinkin we need to take the very best care of these mounts, or not even the gods can save us.”

Tyler led the party through the large double doors of the Spear. People going out of their way to get out of the path of the boy with the massive weapons over his shoulder and the clearly damp bag. Once inside, Wulf pointed out the indicated window.
“Over there.”
Tyler led his party over and the bored lady inside the cage perked up as Tyler approached.
“Greetings Sirrah. Welcome to the Raylik collection’s office. Please, state your name, and the bounties you’ve come to collect.”
Her voice was chipper and happy, as if Tyler’s appearance had made her day more exciting. Tyler smiled at her kindly.
“My name is Tyler miss. I’m claiming the bounties of Valic and Waleis.”
She went pale.
“Tyler the Warrior?”
“Yes miss.”
She gulped, clearly frightened by the fact the one that had been branded a murderer by the Pope was at her window, but she fulfilled her duty.
“I see, sirrah. Do you have proof?”
Tyler lifted the bag up and she had him place the heads on a tray for Id.
“If you still need more proof, I have their weapons here.”
She seemed taken aback by his thoroughness.
“Umm, please. Place them in the racks beside you.”
Tyler slotted the weapons and rubbed his shoulder.
“That damned axe haft was digging into my shoulder.”
The lady looked to her superior.
“Okay, proof is confirmed and accepted. Your total is eighty gold.”
She slid the sum out and he added it to his pouch.
“Thank you kindly miss. Is the bounty board nearby?”
“Hey jackass, look to your left.”
He looked and sure enough, there it was.
“Well, that axe head was blocking my eyes, but thanks Kaori.”
Tyler smiled in farewell before going to inspect the board. Sera bobbing right beside him with Lillia holding her hand. Tyler tilted his head as he saw a bounty on the King’s Road.
“Hey, Wulf.”
The elf looked at the poster.
“That’s further up the road from here.”
“Hmm, Wulf, question.”
The elf could clearly see gears turning.
“Sure.”
“Are we in a rush to get to your queen?”
Wulf tilted his head.
“I’d say we are, as those we found threaten my homeland’s safety.”
Tyler sighed.
“That’s fair. We can play bounty hunter after.”
Tyler then looked to Lillia,
“Where do we go from here?”
Lillia looked around.
“If we head to that desk there, we can have them tell Seline we’re here.”
Tyler had Sera’s hand again as they approached the desk. The interior of the spear reminding Tyler of a large reception hall for a corporation. The lady looked up from her papers to see the heavily armed party approach her.
“What can I do for you today?”
Lillia smiled.
“Roxette! Great to see you!”
The lady went pale at the sight of the princess.
“Lillia!”
“Hey! I’m here too!”
Sera had Tyler lift her up in view of the lady. This new surprise sending her into straight mind blown.
“Sera? Lillia? Why are you here? We got no news saying you were visiting!”
Tyler sighed deeply.
“Well that settles it. Is Seline free? We have an issue.”
The lady pulled a crystal and spoke into it.
“Milady Seline, Princesses Lillia and Sera are here in the lobby……YES I’m sure.”
“Give me that.”
Tyler took the crystal and placed it by Sera’s head.
“Seliy!”
Tyler and kaori both snorted at the pet name. The girl then passed it back to the lady, and she got an order. She pointed the party to the back corner.
“There’s a lift waiting for you.”
Tyler smiled.
“Sorry about that, but easiest way to handle it.”
She just smiled.
“Nice to see a young man ready to step up to take charge.”
Tyler said goodbye and they left the lady extremely flustered by the sudden appearance of the royal girls. Tyler had the party form a wall around the girls as they rode the lift. Tyler with his still concealed Mythril vest being a nasty surprise for any ambush. The reached their floor, and the door in front of Tyler opened to a large room behind the glass window.
“Called it.”
“Prick!”
Tyler stepped off first with a hand on Oblivion’s hilt as he looked for ambush. The room was a large open area with a pair of white cloth couches with a black table between them with a set of free standing stair leading to an upper floor. The floor was a white carpet and the walls paneled wood. Tyler saw no one in room and felt no eyes.
“Clear!”
The party stepped off the lift, and it shot downward to the ground floor. Tyler sighed.
“Kaori. Remember that one movie trope about getting trapped in a tall tower?”
She was right there with him.
“I was worried about the same thing.”
Sera and Lillia were still in the center of the party as a door was heard opening above them, and the sounds of footsteps hurrying towards the stairs. The friends pulled their weapons and stood ready as a tall woman in a flowing red gown, and red shoes came down the stairs. Tyler looked at her, gauging if she was a threat. The lady then stood before them, and Wulf was heard speaking.
“Lady Seline. Mayor of Raylik.”
Seline was an imposing lady. She was tall, with a mane of flowing red hair that looked like she was on fire. Her eyes were the color of ice that seemed to pierce your heart, her skin was fair and smooth, with long legs and a large bust. Swishing behind the lady was a pair of blood red fox tails that gleamed like the stuff, and atop her head were a pair of twitching fox ears. Tyler smirked without letting up his ready stance.
“Gotta say, Wulf, not bad. Kaori’s got her beat, but close third.”
That cut the tension like a knife as the lady burst out laughing, as kaori glowed, and Wulf groaned.
“Prick.”
Malico sniggered.
“If she’s third, who’s in second?”
“Sera is o course!”
“Yay!”
Her happy cheer making them all smile as she got a hug from Tyler. The sight of the princess made the fox lady gasp.
“I was expecting a look-alike. Not the royal girls themselves!”
Lillia sighed.
“You had no clue we were coming?”
The lady gestured to the couch.
“Lets get you ladies freshened up. I have the baths ready upstairs.”
Lillia looked to Tyler.
“Clear it first.”
“On it.”
Tyler headed upstairs to clear everything and make sure it wasn’t a trap. Seline looked at the girls dusty and torn clothing and a single tear appeared in her eye. Tyler came back then.
“Clear. Malico, keep an eye on em.”
“bath time!”
Kaori groaned.
“Kaori, we’ll hit a bath house later. Properly.”
“I feel better.”
The lady fox smiled as they all sat on the couch. She then looked at Tyler, the clear leader of the party.
“Sir, I know you’re a Warrior.”
“my name is Tyler.”
Her eyes went wide.
“Tyler? And kaori?”
Tyler had Oblivion resting by his hand. Now he laid it on his knees.
“Yup.”
There was a happy squeal from Sera upstairs. Seline looked at him.
“I need an explanation, Please. What happened? Why are they here? And why are they with you?”
Tyler sat back, and looked at her.
“How can we trust you?”
Seline glared at him.
“You have no choice. You are in MY city.”
Tyler smiled, and glared at her with his Demon’s Eye.
“That right? You sure you wanna play that card?”
His voice was ice old and his gaze burning with his force. Poor Seline went bone white as the full force of his will slammed into her. She gulped was she started shaking so very badly.
“I realize I misspoke. Please, allow me to try again.”
“By all means.”
The fox lady had never in all her years encountered a boy, of fifteen years no less that had such a terrifyingly overpowering willpower. She knew if she played the leader card he’d just up and leave, and take the girls with him. Seline then waved her hand, and a series of shutters appeared over the window and the doors were also covered. Tyler smiled.
“Privacy. Not bad. Let me ask you a single question.”
Seline then saw the true test.
“What is it?”
“Who TRULY wields the power in this kingdom?”
Seline gulped as he looked at him in the eye. He knows. More than even I perhaps. She sighed.
“The pope does. The king is a puppet.”
“Next question.”
She jumped.
“What is it?”
“Who do you serve? The pope or the king?”
Seline glared at him.
“I serve my people. First and foremost.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Good answer. Congratulations, Seline, you just saved your own live.”
HE relaxed slightly, and she realized if she had gotten even ONE answer wrong he’d had cut her down without hesitating. Tyler then sighed.
“We encountered Lilli and Sera on the King’s road as their transport was being attacked by a band of bandits.”
Seline was shocked.
“But, why wasn’t I informed?”
Tyler leaned forward then.
“Seline, listen to me. Do you have a means to contact the king directly?”
She looked at the seriousness in his eyes, and sensed a grave secret.
“I have an emergencies only contact for him.”
“Use it, Seline. Is it a face to face thing?”
“It is.”
“Then do it.”
The force of his tone was enough to convince her to use the spell. A large mist appeared with a silvery sheen that shimmered like water, before a face appeared in the shimmering depths.
“Seline? Why have you used our emergency spell?”
She was about to speak when Tyler held an arm up.
“Sera, Lillia, you good?”
“Yep!”
“We needed this!”
“Lillia, c’mere a sec.”
“Dammit.”
The girl came down in a towel.
“Of course you’d make ME come down. Infuriating prick.”
She saw the mist and was shocked.
“Father!”
Tyler stood then.
“IS that truly him?”
The face was shocked by the sight of his daughter in Seline’s office. But nowhere near as shocked by his first good look at the boy’s face, the face he’d had memorized ever since the day his friend had been slain. Lillia came to stand beside Tyler, with evident trust, to question the image.
“What was Mother’s last joke before she went on her trip?”
The King looked at her, then to the now openly glaring at him boy, and he then saw he was being tested to see if he was true.
“I’ll Sera later Lliy!”
Tyler groaned.
“Okay, that hurt.”
kaori was rubbing her head.
“And I thought YOUR puns were bad.”
Lillia nodded.
“Only Mother could make a pun that bad. What was the first thing you told me before I went to sleep the time I broke my leg?”
“I said you’re lovely legs will be far stronger than ever.”
“Correct. Weird my father likes my legs, but whatever. Now, what was the last thing you said to us before we got in the wagon before we left the Capital.”
He looked at her.
“have a safe trip to Yalik.”
“Correct.”
She looked to Tyler.
“That’s him.”
Tyler patted her back.
“Go get yer soak on. I’ll handle the rest of this.”
She hugged him and headed back up the stairs. Tyler smirked.
“Hey, fun fact, Malico’s ears make her squeak.”
That got a smile as she headed up the stairs. Tyler then looked to the King.
“Is this thing secure?”
The king sighed.
“It’s inside my mind. So yes.”
“Are YOU secure?”
HE looked at him.
“I’m inside my chambers as we speak. They’re the only place the pope can’t hear me.”
“Don’t really care if he can. Bastard will die by my hand next we meet.”
The king sighed again.
“Okay, my boy. I need answers. Why are my girls in Raylik? Why did you kill Gruven?”
“Let’s start with Gruven. The pope wanted my friend Kaori. I said NO. He ordered Gruven to take from em by force, and I stood my ground. He then threw the fight to aid my levels, give me his sword, and allow us to escape.”
The king looked at him.
“That does sound like something Gruven would do. And the pope as well. I understand what happened now. Now, my girls.”
“The pope raped Lillia.”
The king and Seline both looked at him in absolute horror. The king recovered first, his voice full of pain.
“Are you sure?”
“I know that look, Ishtar. I even know how he did it.”
“How?”
Tyler raised his voice.
“Malico. I need them.”
“The shiny?”
“Others.”
“On it!”
There was a splash as Malico came down with a small ring. Tyler then had Kaori hold them up in view. Another gasp.
“Two river of torment licenses? Mind Subjugation? Willing Misery? Boy where’d you get those?”
Tyler sighed.
“I got the rivers and Mind off YOUR knights, Ishtar. That Misery off a black mage we killed in a bandit camp. And here a further tidbit, I found your girls caravan under attack from a group of bandits. After we killed them, her escort was reduced to five men. They literally just stood there gawking as I threw the girls off the wagon they were in.”
“YOU WHAT?”
“Shut up. We’ll get there.”
Ishtar was flabbergasted by this boy’s demeanor. While his friends just laughed at him.
“Get a load o the balls on this guy. Telling a king to shut up to his face!”
“Way to prove a point Tyler!”
“Her Elegance is going to love you.”
Tyler smirked. Then looked at the king.
“The knights were under two sets of orders. One from you to get them to Raylik, the other to ensure the girls died in the ambush. When I threw them off the wagon, which was to prove a point, the knights just watched. Then When Lillia ordered them to help them, they told her they needed someone to tell them HOW. How to help them. So, I walked up, and told a knight to pick Sera up off the dirt. He obeyed. I then told him to push her. He did. Without hesitating. That’s what clued me in.”
The king sighed deeply.
“My standing army are nothing but puppets.”
“And the pope used willing Misery on Lillia for her first rape. After, he had blackmail to force her to do it repeatedly.”
The king rubbed his head.
“Are you sure about the rape?”
“I can have my girl check.”
The King looked at him.
“Do it.”
“Malico! I need a favor!”
“I heard!”
“Atta cat! Verdict?”
“Right on all counts!”
“I guess she got a CAT scan!”
Kaori wacked him, as the room just groaned. The king looked at him.
“Not as bad as it coulda been, but thank you miss.”
“Happens a lot.”
Tyler then got serious again.
“The pope is prepping an overthrow of your kingdom Ishtar. After, he’ll start a march.”
Ishtar looked at him.
“My boy, I see how you’ve arrived at that thought. And I agree. But I cannot act anymore.”
“Pff, which is why I will NOT.”
Seline looked at him in shock as he continued.
“I will not aid a man that refuses to help himself.”
The king chuckled.
“You should wear this thing. It’d suit you much better.”
“Nah, a crown of gold only works for Kaori.”
She smiled as the king chuckled again.
“Smooth. The reason I cannot act anymore is the pope has my city in a stranglehold. The fact he was able to set up a hit on my prized daughters is proof enough.”
“Sooo, you not even going to TRY?”
HE looked at him.
“What tools could I possibly use?”
“I escaped that damned tower after killing a knight captain, with kaori in my hand, and the tower on full lockdown with a six inch knife, no armour, a single sword, and my own wits. Your tellin me, that you’ve ruled this kingdom as long as you have, and you don’t have ANY tricks up your sleeve? Or friends to call on for aid? Or even the slightest things to inconvenience the pope?”
Tyler spoke with the tone of voice a teacher uses when instructing a child when they get a wrong answer. The king sighed again.
“I can’t ask them. They all are outside the country, and if I reveal our plight, it could lead to war.”
“Soooo, you don’t HAVE friends period?”
The king became angry then.
“We ARE friends boy. But I cannot drag them down into this mess I made.”
“Again. No friends. Any TRUE friend comes running if their friend needs them. Like me for example. Wulf may not be an official member of my mess, but I like to think we’re friends, so, if he needs help I do whatever I can. If I need help, I know they’d come for me. Every time and anytime.”
Ishtar just looked at this boy.
“I see how you’ve managed to survive without the crown’s support.”
“I never really needed it to begin with.”
That got a chuckle.
“I see you have a spine that’s not made of jelly.”
“Nope, it’s made of ice, steel, and fire.”
The ruler smiled.
“As it should be.”
“What will you do about the Pope’s agenda?”
The king looked at him.
“If you were in my place, what would you do?”
“To be fair, the pope woulda died long before but whatever. As for you? Accept you’re going to die by the pope’s hand. That damage is far too great to undo it before his coup. That said, start doing things that make his life harder, give US a list of officials in the world, we’ll make them disappear. Give us a pardon on Gruven, that’ll piss em off. If the pope seeks to have an official elected, elect your own to the same spot. If it is a church spot, make the idiot an incompetent one. All the while get word you your friends you can trust with the lives of your daughters and warn them about the pope’s plans. If possible, start a small underground resistance against the church, or aid one that already exists. In that town, there has to be more an a few. Next, set up a temporary heir to the throne the Pope CANNOT make a puppet out of. My advice? Use the Warrior Kazuma.”
Kaori looked at him in shock. Then she smiled as she saw his ploy. The King saw it as well.
“Adopt Kazuma into the family as my new heir? A very interesting strategy.”
“Guy KNOWS we’re innocent, what the pope is about now, and from what Lillia has told me, has a good rep. Plus it’s not the first time a Warrior was made king.”
Ishtar chuckled.
“My own great grandfather, Vernillionia the dragonking was a Warrior before he disappeared.”
Tyler’s eyes flashed with idea. Both the king and Kaori saw it, but the king misunderstood it.
“I see that light, and don’t bother. Many have gone out searching for his last rest, and none ever returned.”
Tyler and Kaori just looked at each other. Then back to the king, having decided NOT to tell him, that they in fact had found the resting place. Tyler smiled.
“Sounds like a fun time. Later though. Now, another thing you can do is give us the free rein to take what we need from the wilds and sell them without hassle.”
That got a chuckle.
“I heard from Duke. That man is an idiot.”
“PLEASE don’t say his name! It makes my head hurt.”
Ishtar chuckled as he reached over to a spot and pulled a document. He wrote something down and used his seal to make it official. He then passed it to Tyler, and the man was surprised by the fact he could actually take it. HE looked at it as he read the thing.
“Wow, neat trick.”
Kaori looked over his shoulder.
“This permit allows the wholesale harvesting of all dragonkin, plant life, materials, and other such sundries along with their sales by the order of the king. Expiration is life. And says here that we get to also access the networks of info for such beasts.”
Tyler had Kaori handle it as he looked at the King.
“Alright. Just that little bit is enough to at least rile the pope up. Now, about that list of targets?”
“You’re going to assassinate them?”
Tyler smiled darkly.
“My plan is to dismantle the church out from under the Pope. And hold the spike he gets impaled upon when his golden tower comes crashing down from under him.”
The king shuddered at the look in the young man’s face.
“I have agents that I can trust in every town. Where is your next destination?”
“We were actually headed to see Tatiana on an elven matter with Wulf. Nothing as serious as this, more, hey, Wulf, this a secret?”
Tyler looked at the elven ranger, who shook his head.
“Not like the licenses. It’s a purely elven thing, so you can speak of it.”
“Figured I ask.”
Tyler then uncovered his bow and held it in view.
“I guess my bow’s kinda a big deal for elves. So we’re going to show it to the queen and warn her of the spells.”
Seline jumped as the crystalline bow was seen.
“Lady Eilisef’s crystal bow has been found! And can be wielded by a mere human no less!”
Tyler looked at the now awestruck foxlady.
“I guess this thing’s that big a deal.”
He shrugged as the king got over his own shock.
“Where’d you find that thing?”
“The treasure trove of that lisk. We got a few decent things off that one.”
The king laughed.
“Well, m’boy, you won’t need the crown’s support if you have the treasure trove of a dragonkin to play with. Any other notable finds?”
“Well this.”
Tyler reached over his shoulder and grasped his Magicite sword and unsheathed it. The blade was then bathed in his twin paths of blue and white, making Seline jump while the king gaped at the beautiful roiling weapon. Seline then looked at Wulf.
“He’s of Blue and White and wields Crystal Death?”
“THAT’s what her bow was called? Lame.”
The king chuckled then.
“That sword is a truly beautiful weapon. Have you named it yet? I am aware you named the sword you had Burlock forge you Oblivion.”
Tyler sheathed the large weapon.
“I was thinking Fenrir.”
The king stopped laughing and just looked at him as Seline and Wulf stared.
“Boy, where did you learn that name?”
Tyler tilted his head, confused.
“In our world, there was a culture of people called the Nords. In their culture, Fenrir is a wolf god, son of then Norse god of Mischief Loki. Fenrir is fabled to be the one destined to kill Odin, the king of their pantheon. In order to do so, Fenrir had to slip unbreakable chains of silver and gold. So, he escapes his prison, gets his revenge, and is a wolf deity on top of that. Plus that name, Fenrir, is awesome to say.”
The king sighed.
“Thank the gods, I can find no deceit in your eyes. Fenrir is the name of that black mage that led to the initial banning of the spells. His is a fallen name.”
Tyler sighed.
“Well damn. I really liked that name too!”
Tyler then pulled the blade out and looked at it.
“Oblivion is taken. Hmm,”
Tyler turned the blade this way and that as he thought it over.
“Oh! I know! Gliepnir!”
Kaori looked at him.
“Nice. I remember that one.”
The king smiled widely.
“Gliepnir. That’s the name of the horse the Reaper rides when it is our time. A fine name.”
Tyler sheathed the large sword on his back as the sounds of footsteps were heard and a happy squeal.
“Daddy!”
Tyler looked and saw Sera come running in a light gown of green with a pair of light shoes on her feet to both hug Tyler and see her father. Lillia was also clothed in green, whereas Malico was in her usual getup. The king smiled at his girls.
“Sera, Lillia. I am so sorry I couldn’t protect you.”
Lillia sighed.
“And we’re sorry we couldn’t tell you.”
Sera was still hugging Tyler as the king looked at her.
“Are you okay, Sera?”
She giggled.
“Uh-huh! Tyler’s scary but nice! He taught us to fish!”
The king looked at him in shock. Tyler shrugged.
“In my camp, you either pull your weight or you don’t get fed. I taught them how to fish, clean said fish, and cook it themselves over an open flame.”
The king had a single tear of pride at his girls protector.
“I thank you for rescuing them. And protecting them. Now, what will you do with them?”
Tyler crossed his arms.
“We can’t take them with us. It’s just downright too dangerous for them. I was thinking having them stay with Seline.”
Sera bawled, but understood as Tyler looked to Seline. The fox lady sighed.
“I can protect them. But, I don’t think they can stay in the country.”
The king sighed as well.
“The kingdom is NOT safe for them. Anywhere.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes.
“Okay, we can’t leave them here and we can’t drag them to the places we’re going to.”
Wulf spoke up.
“Her Elegance can help.”
All heads turned to look at the elf.
“Our Queen is a very kind hearted lady, plus she knows Lillia and Sera. If we bring them to her and ask her to shelter them, she will.”
Seline smiled.
“Tatiana does have a soft spot for children.”
Tyler and Kaori exchanged concerned looks, and Seline scoffed.
“Not like that! Gods, just what the hell kinda world did you two come from? She loves doting on children! She’s like the mother to practically ALL the children under her.”
Tyler and Kaori breathed a sigh of relief.
“We really need to watch that.”
“Yeah, maybe, JUST MAYBE, not all the people in this world are monsters.”
Tyler patted Sera’s head.
“Guess that means I’m stuck widcha for a while longer.”
Sera bawled.
“Yay!”
Tyler rubbed her head affectionately.
“I’ll teach you how to shoot a bow next, so you can actually HELP us for once.”
“Hey! Mean! I’m cute! That helps already!”
That made the whole room burst out laughing at Sera’s indignant outburst. Even the king laughed, though secretly he was smiling inwardly with pride at the one his girls had placed their faith in. After the mirth subsided, The king sighed.
“So you’ll take them to the Elves.”
“That’s the current pain in the ass.”
“Prick.”
“Mean!”
The king sighed.
“Lillia, Sera, how much of our talk did you overhear?”
“They were sitting on those stairs the entire time.”
Sera jumped with a squeak.
“How’d you know? We were sneaky!”
Tyler patted her head again.
“Toots, your too honest for cloak and dagger shit. Stick to cute and leave the dark work to me.”
She was miffed.
“Fine!”
That got another chuckle. Then the King looked at his daughters.
“This may be the last time we see each other.”
Lillia and Sera nodded.
“We understand, Father.”
“Yeah, Daddy.”
The king sniffed.
“I can tell you two have grown more in the past three days than in years. I cannot be more proud.”
His girls took Tyler’s hands as they kept their now raging emotions under control.
“We love you, Father.”
“I love you, Daddy.”
The king sniffed as he looked to Tyler.
“Look after them, please.”
Tyler put his hands on their shoulders protectively.
“I will keep them from harm.”
The king sighed.
“Your words put me at ease. I will begin our work at once.”
“Good. Now, I have a phrase that may help you.”
The king looked at him.
“What is this phrase?”
Tyler smiled.
“It is better to be feared then loved, if one cannot be both.”
The King smiled darkly himself.
“I like the way that sounds. That will be your pass code for my agents in the cities.”
The king passed a scroll.
“Add that to your map, it has the locations of every single agent in my kingdom I can trust. And yes, with I can trust them with my daughters and the kingdom itself.”
Tyler passed the thing to kaori.
“Alright. Anything else?”
The king shook his head.
“No. I need twenty four hours to get the network established and ready for use.”
“That’s fair. We need to unload and resupply as well.”
Sera and Lillia sniffed as well.
“Farewell Father.”
“Bye-bye Daddy.”
Ishtar smiled at his girls.
“Farwell my beautiful daughters. I love you, and please. Lillia, forgive your foolish old man for not protecting you.”
The black haired princess smiled.
“I never blamed you in the first place. But, I forgive you. Oh, and I’ll help hold the spike.”
The king smiled.
“That’s my girl! If we never see each other again, then know I’m so proud of you. If we do, try not to kill me with a hug. But, I have work to do.”
Tyler nodded.
“As do we.”
The king nodded, and the image faded out. Soon as it was gone, Sera and Lillia burst into tears and buried their faces into Tyler’s chest and side. Tyler said nothing, and let them grieve the loss of the peaceful life of plenty they had left behind, and the father that now had to organize a resistance.

The king sighed deeply as he let the spell go as he sat in his chair looking into the fire of his chambers.
“It would seem, that boy is a far stronger man then I am. Far stronger, and far better.”
The man then reached for a picture on a small table beside him. It showed him with Lillia and Sera with Gruven, Houndra, Lyrica, his beautiful wife, all standing in front of a large shield in the throne room.
“Ahh, my dear, if only you were here. If you were, that pope would be hanging on a spike right now.”
The king then looked to where a large great sword of Magicite hung over the mantle.
“It seems that my own sword is a fake. And Vernillionia’s death site has been found. Fenrir has been set loose upon the world once more.”
The king smiled and rose from his chair.
“Let’s make a mess.”


Lillia and Sera got their grief out of their systems, and were now sitting on the couch with Tyler between them. He had his map out and had added the one given to him by the king to it. Result was a massive area getting filled in. Tyler smiled.
“I’ll look this over later.”
Nods. Then Tyler looked at Seline.
“Okay. We need a room. Is there any inns that survived those idiots rampage?”
Seline gave a disgusted snort.
“A few. We need support from the crown to repair the damage.”
“How much?”
She sat back.
“A thousand gold. Those bastards ruined our best part of town.”
Tyler nodded and pulled the required sum out of his pouch and placed it on the table. Seline just looked at him and the tower of coins.
“Make sure to collect the debt from them as well. But use this to repair the damage.”
Wulf saw his ploy, as did Seline. She smiled.
“Raylik thanks you for your extreme generosity.”
“Lillia said she liked that part of town.”
His shrug got a smile. She hugged him as Seline used her own pouch to store the glittering pieces.
“I’ll have repairs start immediately. I understand you walk the White path?”
“I’ll lend my healing spells as well.”
She laughed.
“What do you want in exchange for these gifts?”
Tyler smiled.
“Well, a safe room out of the way for our crew, the town guard to be on OUR side, a full map of the local area, and information on the area as well.”
Seline shook her head as her twin fox tails swished behind her.
“I was expecting you to ask to pet my tails, bed me or some other request.”
“Yer decent, but Kaori’s got the better looks, Malico the better rack and hugs. Plus I like cats more an foxes.”
That made the lady throw her head back laughing as Kaori and Malico looked at each other.
“Wow, Mali. HE just shot her down for US.”
“Indeed he did, kaori. What ever shall we do about that?”
“What will we do indeed?”
Wulf was amazed at this boy. That guy. Shoots down a foxlady to her face while complementing his own in the same breath. Tyler smiled.
“We already have more or less anything we’d need. Only things we don’t have can be bought. Actually, there is one thing we need.”
Seline looked at him.
“That is?”
He smiled.
“We need to convert coin. Coppers to silvers to gold. Our pouches are nearly full.”
Seline chuckled.
“I’ll direct you to a bank that does the service.”
“There a fee?”
“Umm, yes there is. If you convert coppers into ten silver, the bank takes two for our finances. If you convert silvers into ten gold, same.”
“So, off the bat we’re looking at several thousand coins in taxes. I mean that’s fair. Still sucks though.”
Seline laughed.
“Welcome to the world of finance.”
“We’ll hit the bank first. Get that infuriating mess dealt with. After, we’ll find an inn.”
they all nodded.
“A bathhouse for Kaori and myself. Maybe Wulf, but not sure.”
“I hate you, you infuriating prick.”
“After that we’ll grab some food, and see what we got for daylight.”
The plan was made, and Seline gave them directions to the bank they were to see. Seline then made a promise.
“You’re all safe within MY city. So relax.”
Amazingly, Sera and Lillia spoke up.
“we’re not safe until Protective warning and tranquil waters are up.”
“Or until Tyler says we are. Whichever comes first.”
“Thanks for the faith.”
They all smiled as they climbed into the lift to get to work. As the lift descended, Seline used her own spell to contact an old friend. The mist appeared and a beautiful elf lady was seen.
“Seline! What a surprise! Miss me?”
“Listen well, Tatiana. Ishy’s in trouble and you’re going to play host to a set of VERY important travelers.”
The queen of the elves noted the serious look on her friends face.
“Tell me everything.”


Tyler and his friends stepped of the lift and left the spear. As they left, kaori sighed.
“You guessed it as well?”
The others looked at them quizzically. So, Tyler explained.
“Seline is at this very moment informing Tatiana of our arrival, everything we told her and all we know on top of the king’s plight.”
Wulf stopped dead.
“How can you be so sure?”
He laughed.
“You told me they are lovers every now and then. We told Seline we’re headed her way. So, that, plus Ishtar’s plight, you get a recipe for an immediate update.”
Wulf and the princesses just sighed as they crossed a small bridge.
“That foresight is just plain scary.”
“Yet they call YOU Farsight.”
“HEY! It because I can see far!”
“….Really?”
Wulf slugged him.
“I hate you.”
They were laughing as the bank came into view. The building was a massive structure, eight stories tall, and several hundred thousand square feet. The thing was purest white with pillars along the main entryway. There were throngs of people moving in and out. Some with pouches and coins, others with documents and other papers. A path cleared itself around the group as they strode inside the bank to head for the money conversion. There, a curious creature sat in the chair. It was maybe three feet tall, had a pointy chin and ears, dark brown skin, and red eyes. Tyler tilted his head as he looked at Kaori.
“We’ve seen this movie somewhere, right?”
Kaori chuckled.
“An interworld harry potter reference.”
The two Warriors chuckled at the shared memory as they approached the creature. The thing smiled at the approaching party.
“Greetings Warriors. Welcome to the Bank of Raylik. I am head Gnome Girplik. I oversee all money conversions. How may I assist you?”
Tyler smiled politely.
“Me and my party wish to make a mass conversion.”
The gnome looked at him.
“By mass, how much Sirrah?”
Tyler thought for a moment.
“We’re looking at…..several thousand coins, of copper to silver, and silver to gold.”
The Gnome looked at the dusty, clearly travel worn party.
“very well. I’m afraid that such a large transaction needs to be conducted out of sight of the masses.”
“I understand.”
The Gnome hopped off his chair and led the party into a small room, and the door was sealed as Tyler pulled out the party’s coin pouches. Soon as the gnome saw them, he gasped.
“Where did you make that much so quickly?”
Tyler smiled.
“We killed a drakolisk and found it’s treasure trove.”
The Gnome shook his small head.
“That explains it. How, I assume you want the coppers and silvers made into gold?”
“Indeed. We’re kinda running outta space.”
The Gnome smiled.
“I also assume that you’re aware of the two for every ten tax applies?”
“we are.”
“Then we’ll proceed.”
The Gnome pulled a tube and had Tyler empty the pouches of coppers into the thing. Result was 99 silver coins with 99 coppers left over. The Gnome frowned.
“I dislike fractions.”
“Let’s call it an even twenty silvers.”
The Gnome smiled again.
“More than fair. I suppose when you have such wealth, twenty silvers doesn’t really mean much.”
“It does, as we risked our lives to make it, but I hate math.”
That got a chuckle. Then he had Tyler pour the silver into another tube, resulting in 61 gold with 14 silver left over.
“13 gold.”
“Again, very fair.”
Tyler got his coins and added them to his pouch. They now had 4032 gold, 14 silver, 99 coppers. Tyler smiled.
“Nice. Okay, that was all we needed.”
The Gnome shook the bigger man’s hand and showed them out. Afterwards, the party looked for an inn.
“We may be loaded, but we’re not going overboard, got it?”
kaori sighed.
“Of course not. You’re such a scrooge.”
“Humbug!”
“Jackass.”
The two friends laughed as the others just sighed and went with it. They passed a large building with a long set of windows, and Kaori happened to peer inside one, and sigh.
“Hey, Tyler. Look.”
HE looked and sighed as well.
“Found their hospital.”
The room within the window was lined with beds filled with badly hurt people. Men, Woman and children all laid out in bandages and wrappings. Tyler sighed.
“Let’s get to it.”
The group nodded and walked through the front door of the building. First thing they heard was the agonized moans and groans of people in pain. Tyler looked around for a head nurse of doctor.
“Sirrah!”
The looked over to see a tall lady with white bird wings and a halo on her head in a white habit walking towards them. Tyler smiled at the angel girl.
“Greetings, Miss.”
she saw his Warrior insignia and froze in fear.
“Please, tell me you’re here to help?”
Tyler smiled kindly.
“I am. My path is white and blue.”
She sighed with absolute relief.
“Oh thank the gods. What’s your most powerful healing spell?”
“Divine Resurgence.”
She dropped her clipboard.
“You can cast that?”
“On demand. Ask the Cat.”
Malico flicked her tail at him.
“HE saved my tail when it was hanging by a sliver.”
The lady had even more relief.
“What other healing can you do?”
“Holy relief. I can close a gash nine inches long and four deep. I have a Blue spell that coats the target in water and heals them as well. Plus our supply of healing potions.”
She picked up her clipboard as Tyler looked at her. The lady had long blonde hair, fair skin, blue eyes and a large rack. She smiled as she looked at them.
“Holy Relief is exactly what we need. If its that powerful, then I ask you see to the children first.”
Tyler nodded.
“Lead the way.”
So, for the next few hours, Tyler used his White path to heal the injured in the hospital. He smiled as the last was healed to full strength.
“There, that’ll do ya.”
The man flexed his hand where he’d taken a sword.
“I thankee laddee. Me hand feels better than it has in years.”
“Ya got all the pieces of a hilarious dirty joke there, but Kaori’s lookin at me.”
The man chortled at the sight of the blonde beauty smacking him. Tyler drank a mana potion and smiled.
“I think that’s everyone.”
The angel girl came over with a look of gratitude.
“Oh thank you Sirrah. We were woefully under equipped to handle such a matter.”
Tyler just shrugged.
“Eh, least you know. By the way, miss, what’s your name?”
She smiled as she bowed, her bird wings flopping behind her.
“My name is Melirica, Sirrah. A pleasure to meet you…?”
“Tyler. My name’s Tyler.”
She jumped.
“The rogue Warrior that killed Gruven?”
“Ahh, yeah.”
She looked at him, and then to the now happily resting patients he had healed, then smiled.
“I see the rumors of you being a heartless monster were in error.”
“No, they’re right.”
“Yeah. His IS a heartless monster.”
“Piss em off and watch what happens.”
“He’s nice to me though! Teehee!”
Tyler smiled at the now pale angel girl.
“I’m only a Demon to those that try to harm Kaori or my friends. Long as you don’t try your luck, your safe.”
Melirica smiled then as she understood.
“I see. Well, thank you for your aid.”
“Sure. So, can you point us in the direction of a decent inn?”
A man spoke up from a bed.
“You can stay at mine, as a thanks for healing my arm.”
Tyler looked as the man got out of the bed.
“You sure? It wasn’t damaged in the rampage, was it?”
HE chuckled.
“Nah, my place is on another street. I only got caught in it when that heffer tried to slash a poor courier for tripping over her foot.”
Tyler looked at Kaori.
“This Heffer have a name?”
“She was a Warrior, so it was an odd one, but I think I heard get called, Felicia?”
Tyler and Kaori looked at each other.
“She wasn’t in our classroom when we came here.”
“I think we need to pay a visit to the local adventurer’s guild, kaori. I got a hunch.”
He looked at the now curious man.
“You wouldn’t happened to be acquainted with the vile girl, would you?”
Tyler sighed in resignation.
“She’s my sister. Hurts as it does to admit it.”
The man looked at him with pity.
“Boy, with a sister like that.”
“You don’t know the half of it. And do to be honest? You REALLY don’t want to.”
The man sighed.
“You have my pity boy. Now, before I fergit again, me name’s Elirch. Allow me to show you to my inn.”
Tyler smiled.
“Thank you kindly.”
Sera squealed.
“yay! Beds!”
That got a chuckle as the party left the hospital. After the left, Melirica sighed deeply as the hospital overseer, a lithe Wolfgirl, came to stand beside her.
“We really owe that boy for this one.”
The angel girl smiled.
“That we do. His sister was a part of the riot, and from what the reports say, STARTED the thing.”


Tyler had Sera’s hand in his as she bounced along while Elirch led them to a large building with orange tinted windows and a rather impressive double door. The Inn was called HERO’S REST. Elirch led them inside and immediately a loud squeal was heard.
“Daddy! You got released from the hospital!”
A small girl with light red hair, pale skin and freckles came sprinting out of the back to launch herself at the man. HE smiled as he lifted her up.
“Melly! You been good?”
The girl smiled as she got lifted into a hug.
“Uh-huh! I’ve been helping momma!”
Tyler and his friends smiled at the sight of the man and his daughter. Then the small girl spotted Tyler and his crew. She bawled.
“Wow, mister. You’re handsome!”
Tyler threw his head back laughing as he patted the small girl’s hair.
“And you’re cute. So, good looks all round!”
Melly giggled.
“Well, except Daddy. He hasn’t looked good in a few years.”
“Oof.”
“Yikes.”
Tyler and his crew chuckled as the man got bullied by his own daughter. Elirch just sighed.
“Where’s your mother ya scamp?”
“She’s getting ready to open.”
“I’ll go say hi.”
He put her down and looked to the group.
“Would you like one room or separate?”
Tyler looked to his crew.
“Ladies and Wulf?”
Kaori and Malico smiled.
“We’ll be together so it don’t matter to us.”
Lillia and Sera nodded as well.
“Same.”
Wulf sighed.
“Like I’d get left out.”
Tyler smiled as he looked to the man.
“Do you have on big enough for all of us?”
The man smiled.
“Course we do. It even overlooks the street.”
“Perfect for a midnight escape.”
Kaori smacked him.
“No. Just. NO.”
He laughed as Elirch saw the looks in the young one’s eyes. Well done laddee, got yerself a fine lass an no mistake The group were led up to their room, and Sera and Lillia groaned hard as they laid in the soft bed.
“Ohhh, I missed this!”
“Soft beds!”
Tyler snorted.
“Spoiled princesses.”
The snorted at him back.
“Uncultured swine.”
“Barn raised peasant.”
“Wow, Sera, good one.”
That got a few chuckles as Tyler looked at Kaori.
“Let’s go find a bath house.”
The pretty blonde smiled as they left the room, Wulf right behind them.
“I need a wash as well.”
Malico pouted, and Tyler looked at her.
“You already GOT a bath!”
The catgirl was still pouting as Tyler finally just groaned.
“Alright fine, Ladies, let’s go.”
The girls all giggled as they went downstairs to see Elirch talking to a tall lady with well built forearms, lone flowing red hair, blue eyes, pale skin in a belted tunic and boots. Tyler smiled as they were spotted by the large lady.
“A moment laddee.”
Her voice thick and strong. Tyler stopped and she came over to his crew to extend a weighty rock for a hand.
“Thankee for putting my slip of a man back together for me.”
Tyler shook the lady’s hand.
“You’re welcome miss.”
She noted the fire that smoldered in his eyes, as if waiting for a spark to ignite a blaze. She saw, and approved.
“me name’s Mia. Where might ya be headed might I ask?”
Tyler chuckled.
“We need a bath. So, we’re looking for the nearest bath house.”
She smiled.
“Ah! Ya want Mallie’s place. Lessee, a street to the left of our front door and has the golden door.”
“One street over and a golden door. Thanks Mia.”
She thumped his back, and noted his chainmail hidden beneath his shirt…..and something else entirely. Tyler smiled as he saw the flash of recognition in her blue eyes as she felt his scars through his shirt.
“We’ll head to the house. Thanks again.”
His crew were eager to get wet, so they left without another word. Once the door shut, Mia looked at her husband and sighed.
“Elirch, there’s something you might like to know about that boy.”
The man was playing with their daughter, but looked up at her sad tone.
“What is it, Mia?”
She clenched her fist and unclenched it as she spoke.
“When I thumped his back, I could feel he had a hidden vest of chainmail underneath.”
He tilted his head, confused.
“A very clever trick, but why do you look so sad?”
“Because of what I felt THROUGH his chainmail.”
“What?”
She looked at him,
“Elirch, that boy has more lines on his skin then a belligerent slave in a sadist’s ownership. I could feel them even through his mail. I don’t know where that poor Warrior came from, but he grew up with some truly evil people.”
Elirch sighed now himself.
“I understand what he meant now. That heffer that got me with the sword is his sister.”
“May the gods have pity upon that poor boy.”

They found the house in question without issue and went inside. Tyler paid the matron and tapped her shoulder as the girls went inside and slipped her a silver.
“Miss, if you could, I’d appreciate it if you’d help my blonde companion with her hair.”
The lady smiled at his ploy.
“Aye, lad. That I shall.”
Tyler smiled as he and Wulf went into the men’s section. Wulf was still saddened by the mass of scars on his friends body, but just accepted it as a part of who he was. The men went in and climbed into the water. Tyler with his back against the divider between the men’s and women’s section in case of trouble, as he was always on edge when he couldn’t see Kaori. Wulf chuckled.
“Even in the bath you’re on watch. Admirable.”
Tyler snorted.
“I’ve seen too many movies where the lead guy makes a fatal mistake. Like leaving the girl he was supposed to protect to do SOMETHING, what doesn’t matter, and every time he does, the girl gets caught, killed, attacked or some combo of the three. Usually the bad stuff happens when the guardian lowers their shield.”
Wulf smiled as he understood his logic. Lad thinks more like a general then a mere boy of fifteen years. And he’s bigger then me to boot! Gods dammit! Tyler chuckled to himself. Dude has muscle mass on me, but I got the better dick! Tyler sighed as he had a thought.
“Hey, Wulf, I was curious on something.”
The elf tilted his head.
“What’s that?”
“Well when you wake every morning, I noticed you perform a rite, was kinda curious what that was about.”
Wulf chuckled.
“I just give praise to the sun goddess Saphia. I take it you remember our discussion on how to hone perception?”
“You said that religious prayer is a means.”
“In Lectis, one may worship any god they so choose, regardless of race or class.”
“be rather interesting to see a orc worship a Nature goddess.”
Wulf snorted.
“The way your mind works is simply terrifying. My goddess is the Sun Goddess. So, I give praise to her every morning before I go about my daily activities.”
Tyler smiled.
“Well, I guess religion means more here then in my old world. Though, I have to ask. Does she actually exist?”
Wulf chuckled.
“She does indeed. So do all the gods and goddesses. Sometimes they even give boons to those that earn their favor or punish those that do wrong.”
“Never Directly though, right?”
“Not in the sense they kill the bastard themselves. More, they lend their strength behind a champion to purge the evil for them.”
“Heard that one a million times.”
Wulf laughed.
“Now, I’m curious as to how worship works in your old world.”
Tyler sighed as he crossed his arms.
“It’s a mess, Wulf. Lemme ask you this. In this world, how accepting of same sex relationships are the religions?”
Wulf tilted his head.
“Most don’t care enough to bother. Other say duty first, play later. Like if you are a head of an important house for example, but you prefer men over women and you belong to such a religion, then all they ask is you fulfill your duty to your family by fathering an heir before following your heart.”
Tyler chuckled.
“That’s more than fair to be honest. Work first play after. In our world, in some religions, if you come out as openly gay or lesbian, then your demonized to the point of getting brutally murdered over it. One is so bad that they have straight up reform camps they send their children to to force them straight. I have seen a religious family literally destroy itself because a daughter was a lesbian. It was so bad, the father and the brother both took turns raping her to force her to get over her ‘confusion’ in their words, and marry the boy they’d picked out for her. The daughter snapped, and all we heard a few blocks down was gunfire as she killed them all in a psychotic break. Then she turned the gun on herself and blew her brains out.”
Tyler sighed as Wulf just looked at him.
“That truly happened?”
“Sad all the time. Wanna know the kicker?”
“What?”
“The boy they set her up to marry? A thirty year old man. And guess how old she was.”
“I know I’m gonna regret this, but how old?”
“13.”
“Gods.”
Wulf was disgusted.
“That poor girl.”
“Yeah. I knew her too. She was a very sweet, caring girl. Basically Sera as a red head.”
Wulf sighed.
“The world you called home was a truly hellish place.”
“You have no idea. Lemme ask another question.”
The elf looked at him.
“Sure.”
“How bad can the discrimination between races get? I’ve seen Dragul. But I think that was an extreme case.”
Wulf sighed as he rubbed his pointed ears.
“Dragul is indeed the worst example for just how bad it gets. For the most part? If I, a clear elf were to walk into some towns and cities, most I have to worry about are curious gawkers that had never seen an elf before. Weird, but understandable. The tailed people have it worse, as some try to pet them thinking they’re animals or less then human.”
Tyler smiled as he looked at the wall.
“I’ll have to keep an eye on Malico then. As far as discrimination goes in MY world? Well, are you familiar with the term genocide?”
Wulf sighed.
“I am.”
“Yeah, that bad. Some people get killed outright just for having darker skin. Others used And abused because they looked different.”
Wulf sighed.
“Can I ask what would happen to me if I was sent to your world?”
Tyler laughed darkly.
“Dissection. While alive. After they forced you to impregnate women against her will to make more labrats.”
Wulf shuddered at his near instantaneous reply.
“Thank the gods you left.”
Tyler laughed again.
“True dat.”
Then Wulf remembered something.
“I was curious about a term you used.”
“Oh?”
“In your story, you said the word ‘gun’. I am unfamiliar with it. Is it a weapon?”
Tyler crossed his arms again.
“Okay, how do I explain this? A gun is a metal tube that has a trigger like a crossbow that when pulled fires another bit of metal at high speeds to kill.”
Wulf tilted his head.
“Is it magical?”
“Not in the slightest. It uses mechanical components, a powder the explodes when lit on fire, and practice. Literally all you need to make a tool that can kill hundreds without any real training.”
Wulf was struggling to picture it in his head.
“A powder that explodes when lit. I wonder if it’s similar to the fire powder the dwarves use in their mining?”
Tyler then had a thought.
“Ya know Wulf, let me put it to you like this. Your world has cannons, right?”
The elf nodded.
“We do.”
“How do those work?”
“The cannoneer stuffs the fire powder into the large cylinder, then the ball on top of it. They light a fuse near the back of the tube and it sends it flying.”
“A gun is that except smaller, more reliable, holds more ammo, and hits harder.”
Wulf got it then, as his eyes went wide.
“The weaponry in your world is terrifying.”
“Ha. You want terrifying? Okay. You know how big Thunder is right?”
Wulf nodded.
“He is a magnificent horse.”
“He is indeed. Now, lemme ask this, how big across is Term?”
“From outer wall to outer wall, maybe a hundred miles?”
“Okay. In our world, we have bombs the size of Thunder that can turn the first four sets of walls in Term into a crater a hundred feet deep with the initial blast, and the rest of the city really flat with the resulting shockwave. That land would then be poisoned from the blast to where humans cannot live there for at least twenty thousand years.”
Wulf shuddered at the thought of such destructive power.
“I think I’d like to stop hearing of your world. I still need to sleep at night.”
“That’s fair. Hey, wanna hear about OUR methods of transport?”
Wulf chuckled.
“Sure, why not?”
“Okay. You know how fast our horses run, right?”
“I do.”
“We have horse less wagons that can make the trip from Raylik to term in mere minutes.”
“No way.”
“Seriously. We do! Speed is a national sport in my country, like hundreds of miles an hour.”
Wulf just shook his head.
“Your people can destroy the world at will, and at the same time travel faster then a speeding arrow for fun.”
“Annnd we’ve been to our moon.”
“Of course you have.”

Kaori was relaxing in the hot water, just loving the feeling of it washing away the dirt and grime of the road. She was sitting with her back against the wall dividing the sections, unaware that Tyler’s back was just one the other side of the wooden divider. The blonde beauty smiled as she saw her still growing breasts in the water.
“Wow, enjoying your own look?”
Malico came and sat beside her and stretched out her own sexy form. Sera and Lillia were on the other side of the small pool and also stretched out. Kaori looked back at her cleavage.
“Just glad they’re still growing.”
Malico placed a soft, inquisitive hand on kaori’s orb, and squeezed a little.
“Yep, they got bigger!”
Kaori was flushed a little at Malico’s fondle.
“Still can’t hold a candle to yours though.”
The busty kittycat chuckled as she laid her head on the blonde beauty.
“Wow, he’s right. These ARE fun to cuddle.”
They giggled as the princesses relaxed in their second bath of the day. Then the door slid open to show the matron with a brush, a bottle of shampoo and a stool. Kaori smiled as the lady looked to her.
“The young lad said you’d like help with your hair, miss.”
That got a round of awwwww’s from the girls as Kaori sat on the small stool and let out of it’s pony tail. The lady chuckled as kaori’s golden lockes were allowed to flow freely.
“Wow, Missy, you got gorgeous hair.”
Malico was a little jealous as Kaori got her hair done for her. Kaori smiled.
“I’m amazed he remembered.”
The matron was curious.
“Remembered what miss?”
“When we hit the first bath house in this world, he did the same thing, paying the lady to help me with my hair. I told him that’d be nice. So, I was surprised he remembered.”
Malico and the other girls chuckled as kaori got her hair done. Then Sera had a question.
“Hay, Kaori. What was Tyler like in your old world?”
The other girls all looked at her, and she laughed.
“He wasn’t as strong as he is now. In our world, Tyler got bullied by everyone and anyone that felt like it. He’d fight back, and lose every time. He was also a far colder person. Sera, if you’d been attacked on the street in front of him, he’d look you in the eye, and cross the street rather then waste his time helping you. He also was the type to just ignore you altogether if you tried begging. He never complemented me, unless I dragged it out of him with a horse, would actively ignore your existence, and was always getting pushed around.”
Malico was a little surprised her hero had started off so meek.
“Was he a coward?”
Kaori closed her eyes as a bucket was dumped on her head.
“Not even close. Remember the Monster?”
Malico sighed.
“I wish I didn’t.”
“It was all Tyler could handle keeping that thing restrained. He COULDN’T show kindness since it always got used against him, plus with the poison the Monster leaked into his mind, he was a more hateful person as a whole.”
“What’s The Monster?”
Sera was now resting on a rock looking at kaori.
“The Monster was a split personality of Tyler’s that absorbed all the evil he’d been forced to endure. If it was released, he became a wild animal deep in the throes of a rabid rage. The thing was created to help Tyler survive his family.”
Sera sighed sadly.
“I understand. Is it still inside him?”
Kaori smiled as her hair was brushed.
“Not anymore. Tyler merged his dark side with his light to create what he is now. His boldness, kindness, and his humor are all results of the merge.”
Sera sighed happily as she rolled on to her back, and her own little nipples were flopping.
“I like him like this. He’s like an older brother.”
Kaori laughed.
“He likes you, Sera. Way he played with you on Thunder was sooooo cute! Which is all the more proof to how much he’s changed. Guy hated kids. Always complained they never shut up, made a mess everywhere they went and were a waste of time and money.”
Malico chuckled.
“He’ll love the Warrior’s protection then.”
Kaori looked at her.
“What’s that?”
“It’s a status effect that renders his shots ineffective so long as he is an active Warrior. Day he lays that sword down or retires from battle, he’ll be able to father a child. Until then, well, he’ll be able to shoot his seed, but they can’t get you pregnant.”
Kaori was surprised.
“How long do Warriors live?”
Malico tilted her head.
“Hmm, a thousand years? Still fit? Gruven was close to 500.”
kaori just looked at her.
“We can live for a thousand years?”
“Warriors can. NekoPlesians two, elves and dwarves are immortal, and the average human has a good five hundred years.”
Kaori just smiled.
“Wow, we’ll be here for a while.”
“Truth be told miss, no one really knows a Warrior’s true lifespan, as they always die before their lives run out. Rather war, famine, accident, or illness, no Warrior was outlived their own live as of yet.”
kaori just smiled.
“Something tells me, Tyler will find out.”
That got a chuckle.

Tyler and Wulf were waiting for the ladies in the main entry way to the house. Tyler sharpening his dagger as Wulf leaned on a wall. The girls came out a bit later, and Kaori’s hair was glowing like polished gold. Tyler smiled.
“Feel better?”
She hugged him.
“I do. Thanks.”
Sera was smiling as well as they walked back to Elirch’s inn.
“We needed that!”
Tyler patted her hair.
“Glad you got it then.”
The group found the Inn and walked right on inside. Just in time to see a man start yelling at a now scared Melly.
“WHERE’S ME ALE YA LITTLE WENCH?”
Melly was clearly terrified of the roaring bully that was easily three times her size. Tyler took one look.
“Nu-uh.”
Tyler walked right over to the man as he reached for the now crying girl. Tyler placed a hand on his arm as he nearly touched the smaller girl. The irate man looked at him.
“YA GOT A DEATH WISH BOY?”
Tyler glared at him with his Demon eye.
“Get Out.”
Tyler squeezed and the man’s arm shattered under his grip. The man howled in pain as Tyler then dragged him towards the door and threw him a solid forty feet to smash into a stone fence near the river. The man was speechless at the sheer distance he’d flown, and his arm was ruined. Tyler then looked to the four other men that had been man’s table mates.
“YOU pay his tab. Or my knife comes out.”
Tyler then walked to where Melly was wiping her tears on Mia’s apron hem. Tyler sighed.
“Sorry bout that, Mia.”
He then patted Melly.
“You okay?”
The small girl smiled.
“Thanks for saving me.”
HE patted her as Mia chuckled.
“Kid, ya beat me to him. Thankee kindly.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Be a pisspoor man if I can’t even help a little girl when she needs it.”
Mia laughed.
“Question, lad.”
“Sure.”
“What’s your strength stat?”
“Strength? Last I checked it was 200.”
That got her by surprise.
“I’d like to see it with me own eyes please.”
“Sure.”
Tyler pulled up his HUD, and found a little icon in a corner. He tilted his head.
“Hello, what are you? Eh, I’ll look you over after.”
He pulled his stats up and let Mia see. She shook her head as she saw the number.
“Thankee again. Now I have a grand story to tell, a Warrior with 200 strength.”
Tyler smiled as he closed the interface.
“glad I could help your girl.”
Mia waved his group to a table in a prime spot near the fireplace with a clear view of the door and the dining hall. Once seated and the order placed, Tyler pulled up his HUD again. Wulf was next to him, and was curious.
“What’s wrong?”
“No clue. Just a new icon on my HUD.”
Tyler pressed it, and found a new title had been added under his Friend of the Forest. He chuckled.
“I earned a new Title. And get this, it’s Holy Adventurer.”
That got a chuckle from the group. Wulf was curious.
“What’s the bonuses?”
Tyler looked.
“Says my healing spells now cost less, heal more, and the title is displayed under my name when I have my insignia up. I guess a Holy Adventurer is a wandering healer.”
Lillia smiled.
“That’s actually a rather noble title. It’s said that to become a Holy Adventurer, one has to be both of the White Path, and have traveled to at least two different settlements a good 200 miles apart and heal people there.”
Tyler smiled as he looked at Malico.
“Well, I’m happy I stopped at the first place.”
kaori smiled warmly as well as she looked at their cat friend.
“As am I.”
Malico was glowing a little, and her tail was swishing back and forth like a playing kitten. Tyler went back to his HUD, and noticed another icon.
“Hey, nifty, I got a new screen.”
Wulf and kaori looked and sure enough, he got a new interface.
“It’s a list of bounties I can get. Nice.”
Tyler smiled at this new feature.
“So, all I need to do to add to it, is go to a local broad, look at it and it’ll add their faces, descriptions and other important details to it automatically. Nice.”
Wulf chuckled.
“It’ll make finding bandits easier.”
“So true.”
Tyler had 30 points to throw, so he added them to Mana. Bringing his total to 310. Kaori was smiling.
“I see you’ve been adding to your mana. What’s your level now?”
Tyler looked.
“Says, 30. What about you?”
Kaori showed him her stats.
“I’m 25. Strength is at 100, Agility 225, Stealth is 150, my physical defense is 100, speed is at 225, stamina at 200, magic 200, and Mana is 360.”
Tyler looked to Malico,
“What my kittycat packing?”
Malico laughed as she showed her HUD.
“My level is 24, my strength is 100, agility 275, stealth 195, physical defense 95, speed 300, magic 260, Mana 380, and Stamina is at 200.”
Wulf and the princesses were shocked at the extreme numbers of the trio. Tyler smiled.
“We got a lot of toys to play with.”
Wulf just sighed.
“Warriors. Right.”
Lillia and Sera sighed as well.
“Just gonna smile and nod.”
“Lucky bastards.”
All heads turned to look at Sera, the one that just spoke, and laughed at her cute pout. Melly came over then with a tray of ales and juice for Sera. Tyler smiled as he patted the small girl again, getting a happy giggle before she ran off to her next task. Kaori chuckled.
“Now’s he playing big brother to all and sundry.”
Tyler patted Kaori’s hair then.
“Feel better?”
The table laughed at her blush as he patted her like she was his little sister.
“I will get you for this.”
“Of course you will, barbie.”
“I will stab you.”
“Don’t break a nail!”
She slugged him, and the table laughed again at their banter. Tyler pulled out his Holy relief License and decided to add the ability to cure poison, most diseases, and remove blindness. Wulf saw that last one, and chuckled.
“What?”
“I can’t tell you how many stories I have heard of a party of adventurers that went into a cave, got hit with a blindness spell, and were never heard from again. Nice to see some foresight.”
“Wow, Wulf. Two sight puns in the same sentence.”
The elf chuckled.
“You’re not the only one with jokes.”
“fair.”
Tyler put his Licenses away as a lady came over to their table.
“Excuse me, Sirrah, but are you that White path healer that visited the hospital earlier?”
Tyler smiled.
“I am, miss. Are you hurt?”
The lady smiled,
“Not me personally, it’s just you healed my little girl. So, I’d like to offer my gratitude.”
The lady placed a few coppers on the table.
“Please, take it, I know it’s not much, but I’d like to repay your kindness.”
Tyler chuckled and gave the coins back to her.
“Just hug that girl o yers tighter, and we’ll call it a fair deal. You need that money more than we do.”
The lady smiled and bowed before leaving. Kaori chuckled as she looked at Sera.
“The Tyler I grew up with, woulda demanded double.”
Sera smiled as Tyler pulled his Blue Dagger and was rubbing a cloth on it.
“Like I said, I like him like this.”
They laughed as Melly came over with a cart with their meals. The friends thanked her, she got another pat off Tyler before they dug in. Tyler was munching on his burger when a group of men, a few women, and another elf walked in the door. He then felt Wulf stiffen up beside him.
“What’s up?”
Tyler kept his head in his food as he asked his question. Wulf took the hint and ate as he told him.
“I know that elf. She and I…..don’t like each other much.”
“Old flame?”
“She’s my ex-wife.”
“Yeesh, yeah that’ll do it. Was it peaceful?”
“Not even a little. It was a near bloodbath.”
Tyler watched as the group took a table in the opposite corner.
“They fuck with that girl, I’ll say hi.”
That got a quiet chuckle. Melly walked over and the group were cordial to the small girl as she took their orders, though Tyler noted the look of hunger on one man’s face as he leered at the small girl. HE nudged Kaori subtly.
“Guy with the narrow face, brown hair, dark eyes with the bow. “
Kaori took a bite of her own sandwich.
“Got him, and I saw it too.”
“I’ll tell Mia.”
Tyler got up and walked to where the outdoor was, and as he passed the kitchen counter where the tall lady was he tossed her a small note she deftly caught. It read: Watch Melly near that man with the Narrow face, brown hair, dark eyes and the bow. Guy’s leering at her In a way I do not like.
Mia was an experienced restaurateur, and well versed in subtly, so not a single soul at the now marked table were aware of a thing. Tyler came out and noted that Mia was now serving the group instead of Melly, while at the same time, the small girl was still serving Tyler’s table. The Warrior retook his spot at his table as Melly came over with their dessert, some chocolate cakes and a cold drink to wash it down. Tyler was patting her when he felt a malevolent gaze. He looked in the direction, to find himself locking eyes with the now foiled predator. Tyler gave Melly an extra fond pat, eliciting a giggle, as he fixed the man with his Demon Eye. The result was priceless, as he went bone white. Melly skipped off to the kitchen as the lady directly to the man’s left gave a yell.
“Ahh, what the hell, Mallick? Did you seriously piss yerself?”
Tyler had to take a bite of cake to keep himself from bursting out laughing as the man was now getting absolutely destroyed by his now irate companions. Then Mia came storming over, gave him an ear full, and promptly kicked him out after making him clean his mess. Tyler’s table just looked at him smirking. While Tyler merely ate his treat in peace. After, he had a thought.
“Soo, any chance we can load up on these for the trail?”
His table laughed. Then Melly came over with refills, and dropped a note under Tyler’s hand. Tyler ignored it as he teased Melly by poking her in the side, getting a squeak. The girl left as he looked at the note with his licenses out, as if looking them over.
“Good job. I saw that creep too, we’ll be double barring our door tonight, and I’d prefer it if Melly slept in your room tonight. That guy has a nasty rumor about him in another city.”
Tyler sighed as the note was placed in a pouch. He then nudged kaori again.
“We got a predator. Melly’s with us tonight.”
The table nodded as they drank deep. The group in the opposite corner, now minus their predator, was grumbling as they still had to pay their companions way. Tyler marked them, and ignored them as he pulled out his map. Wulf and kaori looked on as he opened it up. Tyler focused on the road ahead.
“Okay. It’s a four day ride to Wulf’s homeland. Looks like the terrain is more mountainous then what we’ve been running through till now.”
Wulf chuckled.
“Well, I AM a mountain elf.”
“Really? Explains that boring rock of a personality.”
“Dude kiss my elven ass.”
“Not into dudes, but thanks, I’m flattered?”
Wulf groaned as kaori smacked him. Tyler chuckled as he looked at the map.
“Okay. We’re dealing with mountains now. Wulf, how’s the road?”
He pointed to a few spots.
“It gets tricky here, here, and here. Like a hard climb, but nothing the horses can’t handle.”
“What makes it tricky?”
Wulf sighed.
“Well, that’s Silisk territory. And I know your next question, here, lemme tell you. A silisk is a type of serpent/lizard hybrid thing. Usually eight feet long, 4 feet tall, and spits poison at a range of up to 30 meters. Bastards are covered in dark grey scales, and when they sit motionless against a rock, not even an elf can see them.”
“I wonder if I could, since my perception is so extreme?”
Wulf thought about it.
“You probably could. My advice? Get a few detection skills or spells at a shop. Those may prove extremely potent since they use your perception as a power base.”
“Good idea. Okay, do they attack in numbers?”
“Pairs. Usually a male/female pair. They have no team work though.”
“Other than the poison, what else can we expect?”
“They have a nasty bite, a long spiked tail, and long claws.”
“Are they valuable to hunt?”
“Not really. Their meat is toxic to humans and elves alike, their teeth are too weak for arrow heads, their claws too brittle for hard cutting. Only thing on the beasts worth harvesting is their poison. It’s a nasty toxin that rots flesh on contact.”
“An acid. Okay, we’ll need to keep Sera and Lillia in our center. And our heads on a swivel.”
Tyler sighed as he looked at the map.
“Okay, Sera, Lillia, how’s your horse skills?”
Sera and Lillia looked at each other.
“I can ride pretty well. It was more a hobby, but I can at least keep pace with you.”
Sera looked down.
“I don’t know how to ride a horse.”
Tyler patted her head.
“I’m sure Kaori can teach you. She taught my bitch ass everything I know on horse riding.”
Kaori smiled at the now hopeful girl.
“As long as you listen to me.”
Sera nodded furiously.
“I will! I promise!”
Tyler smiled, and looked to Kaori.
“We’ll stop by the stables and we’ll pick out their new friend.”
“You mean I’ll pick em out. Like you have a freakin clue.”
“Well then, kaori, I’ll just settle for scaring the hell outta the poor bastards as you run circles around them with your know-how and make them fall head over heels in love with those stunning good looks I love so much.”
Poor kaori squeaked in shock as she blushed at his on the fly flattery, and the table awww’d again. Tyler was chuckling when he felt a familiar gaze to his left. He looked to see Melly bringing a fresh refill, and the nasty man staring at her through a window.
“Are you kidding me?”
Tyler sighed, as Kaori, along with the table knew exactly what was up. Melly gave them their drinks, and was about to run off, when Tyler tapped her shoulder. She looked at him curiously.
“Stick around for a bit, Melly. Trust me.”
She smiled as she took a seat between him and Kaori, as Tyler took the outside seat. He then looked back out the window, and saw the man now glaring at him with open hate. Tyler just fixed him with his more…….hateful, glare. Dude went bone white again before literally bolting like a startled rabbit. Tyler patted Melly between them as Mia came out now concerned why she hadn’t returned. She caught Tyler’s nod to the window and sighed as she realized what he’d done. She also saw him teasing a giggling Melly with a smile as he looked at her. Mia then knew her girl was in good hands. She ALSO knew she needed to give the town guard the heads up. She looked to Elirch.
“I need to step out a moment.”
“I got the inn love.”
Tyler looked at her as she went by.
“Watch your back. There’s a snake loose.”
She smiled as she went by. Tyler sighed, and pulled his licenses out to double check something. Kaori also sighed.
“You think so too?”
He had his Holy Relief out and was looking at it’s poison healing.
“It is a trope for a reason.”
The others were curious, but just let them be. The Melly noticed the dagger on his belt.
“Is that dagger blue?”
Tyler chuckled as he drew the foot long blade to show her.
“it is, Melly. See?”
She went wide eyed at the sight of the now lightly glowing blade.
“Wow! It’s so pretty!”
Tyler chuckled.
“Should see my Magicite sword when I wield it. Thing looks like I’m wielding the sky.”
The small girl looked at the hilt poking over his shoulder.
“Is it that big one?”
He hugged the inquisitive girl.
“It is. I’d show you, but I can’t draw a large weapon in a restaurant. Not nice you see.”
Melly nodded sagely.
“Glad you get it. One time two men drew swords in here, Momma grabbed their swords, snapped them, and threw them out on their faces.”
“Did she at least make them pay?”
Melly laughed.
“Yup! Double!”
Tyler smiled.
“I knew I liked her for a reason.”
Tyler then spent a few minutes showing Melly his dagger, making it glow brighter, twirling it in his hand like a top, flipping it in his hand, and just amazing the small girl with his dagger skills. Tyler smiled as he looked to Malico.
“Show her your green dagger.”
Malico smiled and pulled a green Path dagger off her set, the sight of the beautiful blade making Melly’s eyes go wide.
“Green’s my favorite color!”
Tyler and Malico looked at each other.
“Sweetie, do YOU have a path?”
Melly sighed.
“It’s Yellow. Green’s opposing color.”
Tyler and Malico sympathized with the small girl, and their secret plan ruined. Tyler sighed as he patted her hair.
“Yellow paths use lightning magic right?”
Melly nodded.
“yeah, and light spells, some enhancement, and a few illusion spells.”
Tyler looked at Malico.
“What’s green’s thing again?”
Malico chuckled.
“Green is more earth spells. Like rising earth walls, some enhancements, a few healing, and a few poison spells.”
Tyler tilted his head.
“Poison? I thought that was exclusive to Black?”
“Not exclusive to it no. Black poison spells are just the most potent. Green poison is more like paralysis and snake venom.”
“Hmm, I’d like to add some anti undead spells as well. Just in case.”
Wulf nodded.
“That is a very wise move. Undead have a very nasty habit of appearing when least expected.”
Tyler looked back at the map,
“Okay. I think we should stay in town for maybe, two days. We can unload, get hooked up at the local guild, get some new gear, and get our fill of civilization. Sound good?”
They all nodded.
“Alright. In the meantime, we stick together, no one goes anywhere alone. Okay?”
Another round of nods. Tyler rolled up his map and stowed it away when the found door opened, and Mia came in with the nasty man with an arm around her throat and his dripping dagger in his fist. Tyler sighed.
“Gods dammit.”
The man looked around till he spotted Melly.
“You coming with ME now-“
Tyler’s blue dagger magically appeared out of his skull. HE blinked with the 4 inches of handle growing out of his head before he fell over backward mid-rant. The dude was dead before he hit the floor. Tyler walked over and cast Holy Relief on Mia as he’d noticed a scratch on her neck. The muscular woman chuckled as the magic took effect.
“I see letting you handle him was a wise move. Thank you again.”
Tyler chuckled.
“No biggee.”
Then man then retrieved his blade, and commenced searching the man. His former companions taking offense to this.
“Hey! What do you think you’re doing?”
“Lady, I am looking for anything-ouch!”
He jerked his hand back as he touched the license ring around his neck. Tyler then drew Oblivion, and cut the thing off, before flicking it to a now waiting kaori. He then looked at the dead man’s companions.
“Nobody move. You do, you die. Kaori!”
“Another Misery and Mind.”
Tyler looked at her.
“Both?”
“Both.”
“Fuckin hell. Add em to the pile.”
Tyler then walked over to the group, and banged Oblivion on their table as his insignia was shown.
“Where did you meet that man?”
The group gulped, as they knew that mark and the emblem. Then, a tall man with black hair spoke up.
“We met him on the road here from the town of Yalik.”
“That’s a port town, is it not?”
“it is. Well known for trade.”
“How long have you traveled with him?”
“Only to here. We only just arrived through the city gates fifteen minutes before we came here.”
“Last question. What was his Path?”
They looked at each other.
“He said red.”
“Red?”
“Yeah. He said he was a red path, and cast a rather powerful Red spell to prove it.”
“Kaori?”
She sighed.
“He’s got a mainly Black ring. The only red spell here is a highly upgraded Fireball.”
“That’s yours.”
“Already claimed it.”
Tyler looked to the now nervous group of adventurers.
“Did he say why was headed this way?”
The female elf spoke up this time, his voice a little irritated.
“What is the point of this interrogation? We barely knew the man!”
“Lady, I am NOT in the mood for this right now. Answer my questions, and hope you don’t give the wrong ones.”
Tyler was openly glaring at the elven lady, and his voice had a scarcely contained fury. The now scared lady stopped talking and another lady answered.
“He said he’d had business in Term. That and he said he’d needed to put distance between himself and the town. We figure it due to a long sea voyage had left him ocean weary.”
Tyler sighed.
“Man was a black wizard with some nasty spells. I myself am of the White path. And, man was a child predator.”
The group looked at Melly, shocked. Then the elf spoke again.
“So THAT’S why he got scared to piss himself!”
Her companions nodded.
“That little girl had a Demon looming over her.”
“I’m no coward, but when he did that glare, I nearly cried for me momma!”
Tyler chuckled, as the elf looked at him.
“I know of a few black spells so evil they burn the White pathers with a single touch. They were all banned, yet you yourself were burned. Does that mean he had what I think he had?”
Tyler looked at her. She was a tall elf, with the same red eyes and dark hair as Wulf, only whereas his eyes reminded Tyler of blood, her eyes brought smoldering coals in a fire to mind, her skin was pale and her bust large. Tyler sighed.
“I can’t tell you more an I have, as you’re not in my party.”
The lady sighed.
“I understand. I hate not knowing, but I do.”
There was the sounds of bootsteps and Tyler looked to see a group of the town guard enter the building with shields up as a broad shouldered man with green skin and beady eyes stepped forward.
“I am Lorgah captain of the guard. What happened here?”
Tyler told the man the story of the attempted kidnapping and hostage taking. The man nodded.
“I see. I rule this killing fair play. Have you any further need of the corpse?”
“Just to see if he’s hiding anything else my party needs to be aware of.”
The man nodded in a clank of metal.
“The Lady Seline as instructed the guard to aid you if required. Do you have any orders?”
Tyler looked at the man, then to the other group.
“He rent a room?”
The lady elf nodded.
“He got himself a small room at The Backalley Hideout.
Tyler looked to the man.
“I’d ask you to search the place with a White path mage if you have one. He was a Black pather.”
The man sighed.
“Unfortunately, we don’t have any white path mages we can call on.”
Tyler sighed as well.
“I am a white pather. We’ll search it then. Just lock the street down and try to keep on lookers out.”
“That much we CAN do.”
Tyler searched the man, and came up with a small book. He narrowed his eyes as he opened it, only to close it right after.
“Jesus Christ in a stroller.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes, as the captain looked at him.
“What is that thing?”
Tyler just handed it to him. The captain opened it, and nearly threw up, as it was a magically taken photo of a horribly mutilated child the size of Melly. Tyler took the book, and flipped through it.
“Fuckin hell. Kaori, we got a scrap book here.”
“Jesus. How bad?”
“Jack the Ripper meets harry potter.”
Tyler was flipping without a reaction to the horrors as he went. Lorgah was appalled by his lack of a reaction to the atrocities he was now skimming through.
“Boy, how are you not throwing up from that?”
“I’ve seen worse. This is bad, don’t get me wrong, but in the world we came from, yeah, it gets worse.”
Tyler sighed as he closed the thing.
“Okay, from what I gathered there, there is NO WAY he does not have a bounty on his head.”
Tyler opened his bounty screen and used a feature to scan a face to check for any outstanding bounties across the magically handled boards. It did not take long.
“Got em. Molick the torturer. Wanted dead, with the black book he carries. Reward is….500 gold? Wow, they hate this guy. Okay, Lorgah. I’ll take him to the collection booth myself.”
“We understand.”
Tyler looked to his crew.
“I’ll go get paid real quick, you keep an eye on Melly, kay?”
They nodded as Tyler hefted the dead man. He slung the dead guy over his shoulder and walked along the road whistling as he went. Tyler walked into the spear and headed right for the booth with his newest haul. The same lady was still in the booth, and was surprised to see him again so soon.
“Good evening Sirrah. Who do you seek to collect?”
“Molick the torturer.”
She gasped as he held up his head and the placed the small book on the tray.
“The torturer? I need my supervisor for this transaction Sirrah.”
“I understand.”
The lady hurried off as Tyler hefted the dead man like a sack of potatoes. Tyler waited patiently for the lady, and just watched the comings and goings of the late day Spear. HE even spotted the lady that had sent them to see Seline still at her desk. HE caught her eye and he waved at her and got a kind smile in return. HE then heard a set of footsteps within the cage, and a man’s voice.
“I understand you caught the torturer.”
Tyler looked to see a tall elf with the lady.
“I did indeed. Here’s the corpse and his book.”
He placed the man on a sheet of metal to the right of the booth and the book through a slot. The man opened it, and sighed.
“This is indeed the torturer’s book. This alone had a bounty of 250 gold. The man himself 500 dead. Looks like you got a big fish here, son.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Well, he’s dead now.”
The man got the confirmation.
“Indeed he is. My own daughter was taken by him a few years back. So, this is a transaction I am all too happy to complete.”
Tyler sighed.
“He can’t hurt anyone anymore. I’m sorry the bastard got to her before I got to him. At least now she can rest easy.”
The elf slid the pouch with the gold through the payout slot.
“That she will. Thank you Sirrah.”
Tyler took the gold and said farewell as he headed back to the inn. The pouch was not enchanted, so he had to add it to his other pouch of gold. He had made 750 gold off a single head. Good coin in bounties. Very good. He was walking along the river to the inn. Just enjoying the sounds of a peaceful town. Tyler noticed the river rand straight through the town and curved to head off towards the outer wall. Tyler was crossing the bridge when a yell was heard.
“Stop! Thief!”
Tyler looked to see a man come sprinting towards him, with a lady yelling. Tyler took a step forward, and kicked the man in the ankle while tugging his wrist. The result was the man getting flipped right onto his back. The now stunned man could not even move a finger as Tyler planted a foot on his chest as the lady came over. She was of middle height, average build, short black hair, moderate bust. Just yer average lady of the town. She smiled gratefully to the boy.
“My thanks Sirrah. This black guard stole my pouch.”
Tyler chuckled,
“Glad I got em them.”
Tyler grabbed the man by the throat and lifted him like a piece of paper.
“Give the lady back her Pouch.”
The caught thief handed the lady her coin pouch, and a passing guard saw this. Tyler explained, and off the men went to the stockade. Tyler chuckled as the lady thanked him again before heading off. After a quick check of his own gear in case of fast one, Tyler returned to the inn. Tyler’s smile died as soon as he stepped inside, for Wulf and the female elf were at each other’s throats and yelling.
“I did not come here to see you!”
“YOU’RE ALWAYS FOLLOWING ME! EVEN AFTER WE SPLIT!”
Tyler wasn’t having it. HE walked right over, and slapped them both across the face twice. The now stunned elves looked at him in shocked surprise. Tyler sighed.
“Wulf. Back to our table. Now. You. Your own table.”
Wulf looked about to argue, and all that got him was a harder slap. Tyler just looked at him.
“You’re an ambassador. Fuckin ACT like it.”
The lady elf was smirking smugly, and that got her a slap.
“You. Shut up. I don’t care about your past history. In MY presence you will act like adults, or I’ll slap you until you do. Now, the both of you, sit down, and SHUT UP.”
Wulf glared at Tyler, but did indeed take his seat, and the lady took the hint. Tyler then looked to Kaori.
“What the hell? I leave for twenty minutes and this happens?”
Kaori sighed.
“They literally looked at each other once less an five minutes before you walked in the door. One shocked eye lock later they were at it. I was just caught by surprise by now quickly it went to shit.”
Tyler sighed again, and retook his seat next to a stunned Melly. Tyler then looked to a fuming Wulf.
“I don’t know what happened in the past. And I don’t care. You are in MY crew right now Wulf. I expect better.”
Tyler’s calm admonishing undercut Wulf’s anger, and he sighed.
“My apologies. You’re right. I just hate that friggin woman.”
“She’s getting the same lecture. Be right back.”
Tyler got up, and walked over to the openly glaring other table. Tyler looked right at the elf.
“Now, then, miss. I don’t care what happened between you two. You wanna kill each other, do so when NOT near my crew. Understood?”
She glared at him.
“Love to see how you’d handle meeting the man that raped your sister.”
Tyler looked at her, then to Wulf, who was now looking at the table in shame, then back to the elf lady.
“Okay. I see I need to have a word with my companion.”
Tyler then walked right over to Wulf, grabbed him by the hair, pinned him to a wall, and gave him the full force of the Demon’s Glare.
“Is this true?”
The terrified elf gulped.
“It is. I was under the command of a banned spell at the time. And as such was unable to control my body.”
Tyler sighed as he set him down.
“I bet that’s what made you hone your perception and mental fortitude.”
Wulf nodded.
“It was indeed. I swore never to allow myself to be another’s puppet again.”
“I see. Sorry for the near heart attack.”
Wulf chuckled as he brushed off his tunic.
“I’m used to it by this point. The hair was a bit much though.”
“Fair.”
Tyler walked back to the lady elf. She snorted.
“He give you the story about the black spell?”
“He did. And I guess you don’t believe him.”
“He’s a lying snake. He lied on our wedding day, he lied on our loveday, he did NOTHING but lie to me.”
“He’s NOT lying.”
She got right up to scream in his face.
“HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW BOY?!”
Tyler calmly brought up his HUD, and went to perception. He then made the lady look at his Perception skill:556. Her jaw dropped at the extreme number. Tyler sighed.
“THAT’s how I know he’s not lying.”
The elf lady looked at him.
“How? How is your perception 556? That’s just not possible!”
“I’m a Warrior raised in the bowels of hell by a hateful family. Look at my mental fortitude”
She looked at the number 1032. She went from disbelief to just pity.
“Now I see. Only way for that one to get that high is to literally suffer hell itself. So. Wulf was indeed under a Black Spell?”
“Yup.”
“Our Queen said the same, but I thought she was just backing her brother.”
Tyler smirked.
“Explains how much of a royal pain in the ass he is.”
Kaori snorted as Lillia and Sera looked at each other.
“I’m amazed he didn’t use that one on us.”
“Me too.”
Wulf just sighed.
“I still hate you, you infuriatingly arrogant bastard.”
Tyler chuckled. Then he looked at the other elf.
“Now, what’s your name?”
“Rose Longleaf.”
“Wow, that as stereotypical a elf name can get. Okay, Rose, I am sorry for what happened to your sister. But for the love of the gods, don’t start random bar fights. Makes you look like an ass.”
She sighed.
“I will try to remember that.”
“Alright, I’m good.”
Tyler left her and her crew and sat back at his table. Melly was happily hugging Sera as Tyler sat back down. He looked at Wulf.
“Alright, we good?”
The elf nodded.
“We are. Now, how much did you get for the bounty?”
“750 gold.”
Wulf’s eyes went wide.
“That much?”
Tyler chuckled.
“They really hated that guy.”
Wulf sighed.
“He must have been a true monster to get that high a bounty.”
“That book I found was nothing more than a collection of photos of his kills. AFTER the games.”
“By the gods.”
Tyler sighed, and Sera yawned.
“That’s the bell. Melly, wanna join our mess?”
The happy girl squealed with joy. And Mia was heard chuckling.
“No loose ends, eh lad?”
Tyler smiled as he placed a pair of gold coins on her counter.
“I never leave an end untied lest it be the one I trip on.”
Mia smiled gratefully as she took the gold.
“Looks like there’s still a few good Warriors left.”
“Best keep it that few. I LIKE this job!”
That got a chuckle as Tyler led his crew upstairs to their room. Once the door shut Malico stripped to the fur, and stretched on a bed.
“Ohhhh that feels sooo good!”
Tyler chuckled as he sat on a bed near the door. Kaori beside him, as he laid out his weaponry to still be close at hand. After, he removed his shirt and vest before laying down in the soft bed with a groan.
“I’d forgotten what a bed feels like.”
Tyler settled in as Kaori got in next to him, with Malico beside him on his other side. Sera and Melly in another bed, Lillia alone, and so was Wulf nearest the door.
“Goodnight ladies.”
Wulf just sighed, not taking the bait as the group drifted off to sleep.
DAYS UNTIL WAVE: 62


Tyler opened his eyes to see a wooden ceiling above him, and the sight threw him for a loop. Then his mind started working, and he remembered where he was. HE smiled as he sat up, and saw that kaori and Malico were still asleep. He stroked Malico’s soft fur on her neck. Loving how her skin and her fur both worked to make her beautiful. I get to wake up next to every weeb’s wet dream in the morning. He then looked over and saw kaori was on her back, with her golden hair strewn out under her. He smiled at the sight. I also get to wake up next to MY wet dream every morning too. He leaned over and kissed her awake, and she smiled as she did.
“Good morning Tyler”
Tyler smiled as he stroked her face.
“Good morning Kaori. I love you.”
She gasped a little, before smiling.
“I love you too.”
She smiled as they got out of bed and stood by the window together looking at the morning town. HE had his arm around her and she had her head on his shoulder.
“Almost like we’re an old married couple.”
“Only without the old or the married.”
She smiled as he moved behind her and wrapped his arms around her middle. She smiled as she leaned back into his hug.
“I like this.”
He kissed her hair.
“I love you.”
She smiled again as she felt his warmth in her body. Then Tyler sighed softly.
“Come on. Let’s get ready for the day.”
She sighed and they dressed in silence before sneaking out of the room. The couple then took a seat at the same table as Mia served them coffee. Tyler chuckled.
“Nice change of pace to not have to make breakfast for everyone.”
kaori chuckled as Tyler laid the map out again.
“Still not happy?”
He hugged her.
“Not until we’ve passed it.”
She watched as he sipped his drink and looked over the route again.
“So. What’s the plan for today?”
Tyler was looking over the town map.
“we need to unload our sales goods. Afterwards, go buy some Certificates and Licenses.”
kaori looked at the map.
“Any in particular you want?”
“for skills, some detection ones that take advantage of my broken Perception skill. I’d also like to add a mass healing spell. Like how I added it to WaterBurst.”
“I’d like to add a few sword skills.”
“Try for ones that take advantage of your speed and agility.”
The pretty blonde smiled as she hugged him. Then they heard a small yawn, they looked and saw Sera walking down the stairs with a slightly more awake Melly.
“Morning girls.”
He got a mere hmph as the still not fully awake pair sat at the table. Tyler put the map away as they two girls drank their cups of morning joe. The group were joined shortly after by Wulf and Lillia and they had breakfast together. Tyler looked to the elf.
“You getting your bow fixed?”
He nodded.
“yeah. I was planning to do it first so I don’t fergit.”
“Okay. The plan for today is more unload and reload. At some point, I’d like to visit the local guild and get a sit rep on a bad hunch I have.”
Wulf looked at him.
“That is?”
“I think they summoned another wave of Warriors while the first still yet lives.”
Wulf and the rest of the table besides kaori were stunned. The Elf recovered first.
“If that’s true, then they’ve broken a cardinal rule of the waves.”
“Punishment?”
“That waves will be just that much stronger. Like TWICE as strong! Why do you think this?”
Tyler sighed as Kaori explained.
“His sister’s name is Felicia, she’s a year younger then him and was NOT in the room with us when we were summoned. Yet, Elirch’s description of the lady that got him was identical to his sister.”
Wulf just sighed.
“Okay. We need to answer that question.”
All nodded as Melly headed into the kitchen for work. After Tyler gave Mia another gold, the group headed out. First order was to empty the loot bags. Lillia led the way this time, as she’d been there before when she got lost. The building in question was a tall, brown building that reminded Tyler of a treasure chest. The party walked inside to a waterfall of arguing, bickering and a cacophony of people trying to haggle that extra copper out from under the buyer. Tyler walked to the first desk he saw. The Gnome behind it greeted them.
“Greetings adventurers. Welcome to Raylik Creature exchange. I am Grilock. Do you have loot to sell?”
Tyler smiled.
“I have Wyvern, Lisk, and other animal parts to sell.”
At the names of the high level creatures, Grilock got excited.
“Do you have a permit sir?”
Tyler passed him the document. HE looked it over before handing it back.
“Very good sir. What materials are you looking to sell?”
“Claws, teeth, the Wyvern’s poison glands, and I have yet to decide on the Lisk scales. Some pelts, and that will do it.”
The Gnome looked at him.
“May I ask why you’re holding onto the scales?”
“Not sure if I can get a smithy to make something out of them.”
“I see. In that regard, my personal choice would be to hold them until you get an answer one way or another.”
“I appreciate that. Hearing the words made it easy.”
“Will you be selling the meat?”
“No. That’s ours.”
The Gnome sighed.
“A shame that. I can’t really blame you. A good Wyvern steak is rare.”
Tyler chuckled, well aware of the taste. The Gnome led them to a large room with scales for weight. Then Tyler and his friends emptied their pouches out and the Gnome looked over their haul.
“This is most impressive. Especially for such young Adventurers. Okay. I can give you 159 gold, 76 silver, and 89 copper. Does that sound fair?”
Tyler looked to Wulf. The elven ambassador chuckled.
“That’s actually a rather good deal.”
Tyler smiled.
“Looks like we have a deal, Sir.”
The Gnome was relieved.
“A party with an eye for a good deal when they see it. That’s refreshing.”
They got their coins, and Tyler smiled.
“If we can’t find a smith that can work Lisk scales, what could we get for them?”
The Gnome thought for a moment.
“In all honesty it depends on the scale. But, going off the material you’ve brought me, maybe 50 gold?”
“Thanks.”
Tyler smiled as he added the amount to his pouch. The group headed to a smithy near Wulf’s go to archery shop. Tyler went inside the smithy as Wulf the archery shop. The girls spilt between the two men. Kaori and Malico with Tyler, Sera and Lillia with Wulf. Tyler walked to the counter where a short man with a long beard, a barrel chest, stocky arms and legs, and a twinkle in his eyes as he saw the young adventurers enter his shop.
“Och, welcome to me shop lad and Lasses. I be Tolic Rockbreaker. What can I do ya fer?”
Tyler knew a dwarven smith when he saw one.
“I’m looking for a smith that can make something decent out of Lisk scales.”
Tolic burst out laughing at this boy’s words. Tyler smiled as he let the dwarf get his mirth under control as the ladies browsed the arms and armor. Tolic was chuckling as he replied.
“Been many a year since I seen a lad that understood the value of a good Lisk scale. How many ya got laddee?”
“The full beast’s hide.”
The dwarf looked at him.
“The full hide ya say? May I ask how ya came by such a treasure?”
He smiled.
“Me and the girls killed it ourselves.”
Tolic was silent a moment. Then he looked at Tyler with a set of glowing eyes.
“Ah, Warriors. I see now. M’boy, I’m afraid I’d need to see the proof of your kill. Bring up your HUD a moment.”
Tyler brought it up, and the dwarf had him scroll to a Bestiary tab. Tyler chuckled.
“Of course there’s a bestiary.”
Tyler then scrolled to the Lisk file, and sure enough, his party had a greater drakolisk as a confirmed kill, and even listed Tyler as the one that struck the final blow. Tolic chuckled again as he retook his spot behind the counter.
“Me apologies fer the mistrust.”
“I get it, Tolic. No harm done. Just a bit of good old fashioned bragging.”
Tolic cracked up again.
“Ya got fire lad, a rare thing these days. Now, the scales. May I see one?”
Tyler placed one the size of a small buckler on the counter, and the dwarf looked at it with his glowing eyes again. This time Tyler was curious.
“Pardon, Tolic, but is that a skill your using?”
The dwarf smiled.
“Sharp lad. Tis called Appraisal. A smithing skill that uses Perception to determine an items worth, uses, and potential uses.”
“I see. A most useful skill in the field. Do you sell it?”
Tolic smiled.
“I do lad. My Certificates are near that blonde beauty. The perquisites for it are a minimum 20 Perception.”
“Wow, kinda scared to see what will happen when my perception level hits it.”
Tolic was now suspicious.
“Laddee?”
Tyler pulled his HUD back up and showed him the number. Tolic had to hold the counter when he was the triple digit level. He then sighed sadly.
“All the ways that can get like that are not pleasant.”
Tyler shrugged.
“No biggee. So, Tolic, what can you do with Lisk scales?”
The dwarf smiled.
“I can make quite a few things with this single scale alone. Swords, shields, various armours. What did you have in mind?”
Tyler thought for a moment as he looked at kaori and Malico. Then he thought of Wulf, Sera, and Lillia. He smiled.
“How strong is the mail vests made of these?”
Tolic smiled brightly.
“A hidden vest underneath clothing. A very wise move. A lisk vest is nearly as hard as Magicite. Since these are high quality scales, I can easily make them hard enough to stop a giant’s spear on a headlong charge with yourself pinned against a rock.”
“Nasty image. Okay. I need two vests made to fit a pair of my companions.”
Tolic looked at the two girls behind him.
“I take it not those two?”
“No, since they move so friggin fast, good luck landing a shot. The two I mean should be in any minute.”
The door opened and Sera and Lillia came walking in with bored expressions.
“See? Called it.”
Tolic knew the two girls, and looked right at Tyler.
“Okay, lad. For the sake of my sleep, why are the princesses in your party?”
“me and my friends are bringing them to see Tatiana the elf queen.”
Tolic could find no lie in the boy’s eyes. HE sighed then.
“A small group moving fast.”
“Nearly impossible to keep up with.”
“Okay, lad. I’ll outfit the girls. Anything special to keep in mind?”
Tyler looked at the two girls as they chatted with Kaori by the Certificates.
“Well, easy to move in, and strong. Stronger the better.”
Tolic nodded approvingly.
“I trust payment is not an issue?”
“Upfront or on completion?”
Tolic chuckled.
“Again a wise lad. I prefer upfront, as then I at least get my money.”
“That’s fair. You said you can make swords too.”
Tolic looked at the broadsword and short sword hilts over his shoulders.
“I did. Something in particular you’re looking for?”
“Another short sword to complement this one.”
Tyler pulled Oblivion out and laid it on the counter. Tolic knew the blade, and the one who had forged it.
“I know you now. Tyler. The Warrior murderer who killed ol Gru. I see that grouch Burlock reworked Gruven’s sword for you.”
“And made kaori’s sword as well.”
Tolic sighed.
“If Burlock did this for you, then you’re not at fault for the killing. Very well. A matching blade you say?”
“Indeed.”
“Okay. I’d need another scale.”
Tyler placed a similar sized scale on the counter, and Tolic chuckled yet again.
“I see quality matters.”
“Since I’m putting the lives of my friends into that thing, yeah it is.”
“You’re a very wise lad. What would you like me to do with the left over scale?”
“Can you make decent arrows out of scale?”
“They can pierce a stone wall to half their length at a 100 meters.”
“Then I’d ask you to do that. Plus a set of light swords for the girls. Do you make bows as well?”
The dwarf huffed.
“I may be a dwarf, but I know how to make a damned bow!”
“Sorry if I offended you. I’m still learning this world.”
That brought a twinkle to the dwarf’s eye.
“A lad with manners? You are a rare specimen indeed. Okay, so a pair of fitted vests, a set of three swords, a bow. And the leftover material goes into arrows.”
“Make an extra bow as well. Just to set them up right.”
“Very well. I’d need about four more scales this size.”
Tyler pulled out the required scales and added two more. Tolic nodded approvingly.
“Quality it is then.”
Tyler smiled.
“Okay. How long will all this take?”
“A full day’s work.”
“That quick?”
Tolic grinned.
“I AM a dwarf at a forge!”
“And there ain’t none better for it. Alright, what’s the grand total?”
“Let me see. A set of quality vests, swords, bows, and you said the Certificate right?”
“I did. Hey, kaori, Malico, see anything interesting?”
Kaori came over with a pair of Certificates.
“Look here.”
Tyler took the small pieces of paper.
“Okay, we got Prospect and Mine? Prospect lets you see if a rock has any ore you can take, and Mine uses strength to tear it free. Damn Shadow, good calls.”
She glowed as Tyler placed the papers on the counter, as Malico came over with another set of Certificates.
“I think we can use these a lot.”
Tyler took them.
“Hmm, Field Forging? Uses the Strength, Agility and Perception to craft simple metalwork over a campfire. Boosts smithing, and is used for arrow heads. Okay, Field Smelting. Uses Magic, Strength, and crafting to extract ore from rock over a fire to form a pure bar. Nice to see ya got brains and boobs kittycat.”
Tyler added them as Kaori and Malico both hugged him. Tyler added a full complement of appraisals to the pile. Tolic did some number crunching then.
“All told. 300 gold, 54 silver, and 1 copper.”
Tyler placed 301 and gold coins on the counter.
“I hate math.”
Tolic smiled.
“I see you found it’s trove. Sharp lad.”
“Dragonkin and shiny stuff go hand in hand. Yer an idiot if ya fergit that basic tenet of adventuring.”
“Good lad! Okay, I should have it all ready by noon tomorrow.”
“Coolio. Do you need anything else?”
“Nothing more then the ladies’ measurements, but I’ll have my wife get them for me.”
Sera and Lillia smiled with relief at that one. Tyler had Malico go with them to get measured, while Tyler, and kaori headed to the archery shop. Tyler had added Appraisal, Prospect, Mine, Field Smelting, and Field Smithing to his arsenal, as Kaori got an appraisal. Tyler had Kaori’s hand as they walked inside the Archery shop to see Wulf looking down an arrow shaft. Tyler smiled as he walked over to the elf.
“hey, Wulf. Got something ya can use.”
The elf looked up as Tyler handed him the certificate. The elf smiled as he saw his plan.
“Uses Perception to see an item’s worth? A very shrewd call.”
“All of us got that one. How’s your bow?”
He chuckled.
“Sylvina tore me a new one for cracking it again. But she’ll be able to fix it.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Good. Can’t have an elf without a bow.”
“Prick.”
Tyler spotted the Certificates and went to look for ones that use Perception. Kaori was looking at a bow hanging on a peg. Tyler flipped until he found LongSight. He smiled as he pulled it out, then back to flipping.
“Hey Wulfy! Got her bow here!”
A lady’s voce was heard from the back of the shop. Tyler looked over to see another elf with blonde hair, purple eyes, near yellow skin, very sharply pointed ears, a large rack and evident calluses on her hands as she placed Wulf’s bow on the counter. Tyler looked at Wulf, as the elf walked to collect his bow.
“Don’t you even think about it you sonuvabitch.”
Tyler chuckled as he went back to flipping.
“Hey, Tyler, look here.”
Tyler looked over to see kaori hefting a large black bow with spikes on the ribs and a white string. The blonde was trying to pull the string and couldn’t even budge it.
“I can’t even make it move.”
Tyler left the Certificates to take the bow. The lady elf behind the counter chuckled.
“There’s a shop challenge on that thing if yer interested.”
Tyler looked at her.
“What’s the challenge?”
“If you can fully draw that thing, then you can walk out of here with any single item I have in stock.”
Tyler smiled as Wulf shook his head.
“Should not have said that Sylvina.”
Tyler lifted the bow, and drew the string right back to his ear, held it for thirty seconds, and let it ease back down. Tyler smiled as he looked at the now shocked elf.
“That was kinda odd. Soon as I got passed the halfway mark, it felt like something broke, and the draw was suddenly mush easier.”
Kaori took it, and found that she could draw the bow as well.
“Your right! It feels…broken, for a lack of a better way to put it.”
Sylvina sighed.
“That’s a Demonic Bow. Only way to draw it is to completely force it. If you can draw it fully like that, you shattered it’s resistance, and can now be used by anyone that can draw a recurve.”
“It strong?”
“It’s on par with a Crystalline bow of the elven royalty.”
Tyler smiled.
“It’s will won’t reforge itself will it?”
The elf smiled.
“Sharp lad. No. Once broken, it is broken.”
“I’ll take this. Kaori needed an upgrade anyway.”
The blonde smiled as she hugged him.
“Thanks!”
Sylvina sighed.
“I stepped in that one. Okay, kid, anything else in here caught yer eye?”
Tyler went back to the Certificate box.
“I got a skill I’d like to add to my crew, but that’s all I’ve found thus far.”
Wulf then spoke.
“Tyler, show her your bow.”
“Can she be trusted with it?”
Wulf chuckled.
“She’s an elf. She’ll honor our word.”
“Well, alright.”
The shop keeper was curious as Tyler uncovered his bow and pulled it out for inspection. Soon as she saw it she gasped.
“Crystal Death? Lady Eilisef’s enchanted bow? Where’d you find that!”
“In the trove of a lisk myself, kaori and my cat friend Malico killed.”
Sylvina just looked at him.
“You’ve wielded this?”
“Plenty of times. Kinda fun.”
Wulf sighed.
“I’ve seen him use it in combat with my own eyes.”
The now flabbergasted elven lady looked at Tyler.
“May I?”
“Sure.”
Tyler handed her the weapon, and when she went to draw it, it wouldn’t budge. Sylvina then lit her eyes up with a skill and Tyler noted her eyes were a different color then Tolic’s Appraisal. She then handed it to Tyler.
“It would seem that Crystal Death has chosen a new master.”
“Can I do something about that name? Like please?”
Sylvina laughed.
“Of course. What will you call it?”
Tyler thought about it as he looked his bow over. Then he smiled.
“Senkestu.”
Kaori smirked.
“In our world, Senkestu means Fresh Blood.”
Sylvina smiled, then the bow flashed in Tyler’s hand. Then it lit up with a light before going dark. The bow had transformed from a elegant, pale pink glass finish. Whereas it had once been a 4 foot thing with limbs of glass, it was now a white bow with bits of blue shot through it. The grip had spikes over it, and the limbs were more robust. Tyler tilted his head at his new bow.
“Odd. Thing feels lighter for some odd freakin reason.”
Wulf and Sylvina knelt. Like full blown bent the knee before Tyler and his new bow. Tyler sighed.
“Okay you two, what’s the deal with this bow?”
Wulf lowered his gaze as he explained.
“The legends say that whosoever wields the bow of Lady Eilisef is set to lead our people in a great war for the very air we breathe. Now, YOU wield the bow. Tyler, YOU are the prophesized hero that will save my people.”
Tyler and Kaori groaned.
“Not this trope now too!”
“Gods dammit, I am NOT a chosen one!”
Tyler slung the bow on his back.
“Wulf, seriously? Do you REALLY think I’m a hero?”
That got a snort as Wulf rose.
“That’s…a very fair point.”
“Yeah. I ain’t no hero to no one except Kaori. I think we’ve had this discussion.”
Wulf rubbed his head ruefully.
“We have indeed. I guess the bow just got bored.”
“Honestly? I kinda got that feeling when I first picked it up. Like it had been really bored just sitting there collecting dust.”
Sylvina was still kneeling, and Tyler sighed.
“Sylvina, right? You can get off your knees now.”
The elf rose.
“How may I serve you my lord?”
Tyler sighed.
“Okay, I’ll say this once. I am NOT a hero. NOR am I some ‘chosen’ hero of legend. Sylvina, yeah, the legends a false positive.”
Wulf sighed again.
“Sylvina, I’ve traveled with Tyler for a bit. Man’s an asshole. Watch, we’ll see Tatiana, she’ll ask him to lead her people, and he’ll laugh in her face. Like hard.”
She looked at Wulf in horror.
“He’ll just turn his back on us when we need his help?”
Wulf looked at her.
“There is only ONE person in this shop he’ll go out of his way to help right now Sylvina. And it’s that blonde goddess over there. If this building were to collapse right this second, and you, myself, and her were trapped underneath the wreckage, he’d save her. And we’d be crushed to death as while he doted on her to make sure she wasn’t hurt. If we were in the wilds, and she were injured and couldn’t run, and we had to run from a hungry dragon, he’d cut us down to feed the beast as he carried her to safety. He does NOT care about anyone else other then that blonde, his cat friend, and maybe Sera. But that’s pushing it. In his words, THEY are his only concern, and the blonde his number 1 priority, rest of us can rot for all he cares.”
Tyler and Kaori were nodding sagely in agreement with Wulf’s speech.
“Fighting the waves is bad enough.”
“Why should I have to babysit the world?”
Sylvina was shaking, from horror that her people’s hope lay with this man that was all too willing to turn his back on his duty, from the fact Wulf, her fellow elf, had sided with him in his choice, and by the fact there was nothing she could do about it. Tyler smiled as he saw the feelings in her eyes.
“Goes to show what happens when you put too much faith in a chosen hero.”
The door opened, and in came Malico, Sera and Lillia. Tyler smiled as Sera came in for a hug.
“Hey there squirt. You done?”
Sera smiled.
“Yup! I got taller and bigger!”
“Good for you.”
The small princess was smiling as he patted her head as Malico spoke up.
“Tolic wants a word with you about your sword.”
“Sure. I found all I needed here anyway.”
Tyler placed the Longsight Certificates on the counter.
“I’ll take these.”
Sylvina sighed in abject defeat as she rung him up.
“50 silver.”
Tyler gave her the coins and headed to Tolic’s shop. Leaving Wulf and the girls to keep looking around. Tyler walked in to find the Dwarf looking at a design for his sword. Tyler smiled as he approached.
“Hey, heard you needed me?”
Tolic chuckled.
“Yer forgot to tell me the blades Name.”
“I KNEW I forgot something! That will be names Oathkeeper.”
Tolic smiled widely.
“A fine name. So. You wield Oblivion itself, and keep your Oaths with an iron fist.”
“A fine sentiment. Now, I’d like your help in naming my other blade.”
Tyler drew the Magicite sword and Tolic gasped.
“Fenrir!”
Tyler looked at him as he held the blade.
“Huh?”
Tolic looked at the stunned boy.
“That is King Vernillionia’s legendary Magicite Sword Fenrir! It’s said to be able to sever a dragon’s head in a single stroke!”
Tyler looked at it, and sighed.
“Gods dammit. I should’ve known this was his.”
Tolic looked at him.
“Boy, where’d you get that blade?”
“Can you keep a secret Tolic?”
The dwarf cut a palm and Tyler did as well, they clasped in a blood oath. Tyler then explained.
“I found this in that Lisk’s trove. Along, with this.”
Tyler lifted his shirt to show his Mythril vest. The dwarf was awestruck at the mythical armour.
“Mythril. By the gods. I’ve seen living Mythril. What else did you find?”
“A skeleton with a crown, a ring and a scroll. We took all three. The scroll was a last will and testament of the dead king passing everything he owned, and his rule, to whosoever finds his body. We’d need the crown and ring to make it legit, but we got em.”
Tolic got over his shock.
“Okay, let me ask you what your plan is for those.”
“Well, for the moment, nothing. More leverage with the court if push comes to shove. Worse case Scenario? I got a friend we can give these to and set up as the new king at will.”
Tolic was amazed at this lad’s mind. A lad of a mere fifteen years has slain a drakolisk near single handedly, wields a fallen kings blade, wears Mythril, and even has a plan to both overthrow the king with a replacement ready in the rafters. A truly scary boy. Tolic sighed.
“I will see this Oath kept by my honor as a dwarf.”
“As will I. What about my blade?”
The dwarf chuckled.
“I’m curious what the other name is.”
“Gliepnir.”
Tolic looked at him.
“The Horse Death itself rides on. A most fitting name, since Fenrir is such a fallen name now.”
“A shame that.”
“A crying shame.”
The dwarven smith placed a hand on the Magicite’s sword blade, and the name Gliepnir was branded into it. The scabbard got the same treatment. Tyler smiled as he hefted the blade, only for it to glow.
“Seriously? Again?”
He sighed as the blade went from a mere straight broadsword, to a more nasty shape. It was the same 5 feet in length, with serrations on the upper end, a forked tip like a flame, and a wave-like ripple in the blade. Tyler grasped the handle, and it flared with his twin paths. Just as it always did. Tolic was amazed.
“Boy, that blade has accepted a new master. Congratulations, you wield the sword of a king.”
“And all I want is to be a mere adventurer.”
Tolic chuckled as he rolled up his design.
“I’ll get to work on your order.”
“I’ll go bother my friends some more.”
Tyler left the shop and returned to Sylvina’s. Tyler walked in to see Wulf in a clear argument with Sylvina, with kaori poking through the Certificates, with Sera and Lillia looking at bows. Malico was looking at a new bow herself. Tyler came up behind her and tapped her shoulder and nodded to Kaori. The trio had a quick meeting.
“What’s wrong?”
“Tolic knew my Magicite’s name right off the bat. Three guesses what.”
kaori’s went wide.
“You mean?”
“Yep. The King knows what we found. What we have.”
Malico sighed.
“What do we do?”
“For now? Nothing. I have an idea on a worst case scenario. And, kaori? It involves Kazuma.”
She smiled.
“I get it, and understand.”
Malico’s tail was twitching.
“Did he agree to keep it secret?”
“Tolic swore a blood oath.”
The catgirl smiled.
“Okay. A dwarven Bloodoath is more precious to them then life itself.”
Tyler sighed.
“I got my blade renamed to Gliepnir, and look what happened.”
He drew the blade out a bit, and the evident change shocked them.
“That’s a complete rework.”
“Like the bow.”
“His bow changed too?”
“Here.”
He showed her, and she sighed as well.
“I see these are chosen weapons. Only able to be wielded by the on s they so choose.”
“I HATE this chosen hero crap.”
“As do I.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes.
“Well, long as word don’t get out before we’re ready, we should be fine.”
The heads nodded and they went back to it. Tyler saw Sera looking at a Certificate.
“Whatchya find squirt?”
She passed him the paper.
“I think I can use this.”
“Oh?”
Tyler looked at it.
“Unseen Shadow? Lessee, Relies on stealth, agility, and speed to make the user a less appealing target for enemies. In battle, a user is seen as a nonthreat, and the skill draws from the Magic stat as well.”
Tyler looked at her.
“Damn, Sera. Nice find. This fits you really well.”
She glowed as Tyler bought her the skill for ten copper. Sera added it to her own HUD and was smiling happily at having something to help with. Wulf and Sylvina had given up on their argument, and had gone back to their tasks. Tyler and his crew left Sylvina’s shop to go visit a magic shop and left the elven lady saddened. Wulf had flat out told her that Tyler was NOT a hero PERIOD. Now, the elf was just sad.
“May the gods have mercy on us all.”

Tyler and his crew found the magic shop without issue and headed inside. Tyler spotted a wall of white spells and went straight for it, Kaori red, Malico green, as Wulf and the princesses more seeing what caught their eyes. Tyler was flipping through Licenses when he heard a voice call out to him.
“What a surprise, Sirrah!”
Tyler looked to see the same lady he’d got the thief for. The lady was smiling widely from behind the counter, and Tyler noted she wore a red robe with a red tipped staff behind her. The Warrior smiled at her in greeting.
“Morning miss. No thieves yet I trust?”
She laughed.
“Not yet. Well, maybe a thief of virtue, but not sure.”
Tyler laughed as Kaori looked over his way at their conversation.
“Wow, did not see that coming. Thief of Virtue? Can’t be called a thief if tis freely given.”
“Oh my, a bold man. How terrifying for us ladies.”
“Eh, only the pretty ones.”
That made the lady snort as kaori Sighed.
“You done hitting on her?”
“See? She’s a pretty one!”
Kaori smiled as the lady got the hint,
“Indeed she is.”
Tyler remembered the other reason for a magic shop trip.
“Miss, do you buy licenses?”
The woman smiled widely.
“I do indeed. What have you got?”
Tyler, Malico, and Kaori came over and removed all the Licenses they did not want or need or could use. The lady was a little taken aback by the how three inch tall pile on her counter.
“Pray tell, where’d you get all these, young ones?”
“Bandits, idiots, and more idiots. Waaay too many idiots.”
The lady then looked at Tyler’s face, and sighed.
“I know your face, lad. Just answer this.”
“Okay.”
“Did YOU start these fights?”
“The bandits? Yes. Everyone else? No.”
She found no lie in his eyes. She sighed again.
“Very well. I can give you 4 gold for the pile.”
“Hmmm, my plan was to trade Licenses. Can we do that?”
The lady got a twinkle in her eye.
“A sharp man? Scary. You can indeed. Most mages never sell a License outright, not unless they can’t trade for a better one.”
“Well, ladies. Break!”
His crew went to it with the quiet efficiency that comes from knowing exactly what they wanted. Tyler had found a spellbook with a Blue Grey mix, and was flipping through it looking at the Licenses.
“Okay, Iron Smash. A sword booster, useful. Hmm, WaterShot? Nice! I’ll take=ouch!”
He dropped the book like he had just been burned, because he had been. His crew were on alert then, and weapons were drawn and the lady now found herself held at arrow point by an elven range as Malico looked to the indicated page. She groaned.
“We got one. Wailing Truth. Forces the target to reveal every single secret of their soul, and in the process, every secret revealed slices into the target like a blade until they die from the sheer agony.”
Tyler now faced the lady.
“Add it to the pile Malico. You.”
Tyler stood in front of the now pale lady.
“You WILL answer my questions. All of us are faster on the draw then you are with a spell, and my elf friend there literally CAN’T miss at this range.”
Tyler was glaring at the lady with his full force.
“Where did you get that book?”
She gulped, sensing they had found something in it she had not known of.
“I got that one from a shipment from Yalik.”
“Did you flip through it yourself?”
“No. I do not have the time to flip through them all.”
“Did you get any other books, Licenses, anything else from Yalik?”
“I did.”
“Where are they?”
She pointed out a few more books, a set of scrolls, a few staffs and a few single Licenses. Kaori got to searching as Malico placed the banned spell on the counter. The lady’s brown eyes went as wide as saucers and her face white as a sheet. Tyler sighed and sheathed his blade.
“Yer clean. Can’t fake a whiteout like that on sight.”
Malico added the evil spell to her pouch as the shop owner looked at Tyler, and Wulf lowered his bow.
“Please, I had no idea that thing was in there!”
“I know you didn’t. Like I said. You can’t fake that kind of reaction. Me and my party are taking that. Any issues?”
The lady was trembling.
“My name is Roxy, and none.”
“Tyler, got two more rivers, a Mind, Misery and another truth.”
Tyler groaned.
“Add them to the pile, Kaori. I think we may have found a main supply route.”
“On it.”
Tyler looked at Roxy.
“Is this the only shop in town?”
“There’s three.”
“Sera! Lillia! We’re seeing Seline. Yalik Magic deliveries need to be searched by a white path.”
“Right.”
“Seliy!”
Tyler then looked back at Roxy.
“We’ll look around a bit, now. You are NOT to tell A SOUL a word of this. Clear?”
Roxy gulped again.
“Crystal sir.”
Tyler picked up the book he’d been flipping through, when Kaori came over with a staff.
“I think this is hollow, but I’m not exactly sure.”
Tyler passed her the book, took the staff, and knocked a knuckle along it from top to bottom. HE heard a distinct thunk near the thicker end then the solid dink he’d been hearing.
“Yup. Nice catch Shadow.”
Kaori beamed as Tyler twisted the top of the staff, and opened it to reveal a long black wand. Curious, he poked it.
“Holy sonuvabitch!”
He got burned very badly, like he needed to cast a healing spell bad. Malico came over and they dumped the thing on the floor. Her and Wulf backed away from the length of metal.
“That’s a Black Wand of Misery. It inflicts pain to whoever it is waved at like a puppet on a string.”
Kaori went back to the other staffs, as Malico added it to her pouch with all the nerves of a raw recruit given his first live hand grenade. Tyler groaned.
“If you were NOT looking for that wand, you wouldn’t have found it.”
Wulf looked at him.
“You mean?”
“Made to Order.”
“By the gods.”
“Got another one.”
They found two more such wands, and that was it for Tyler.
“Okay, no. Just no.”
He looked at a now on the verge of fainting Roxy.
“We’ll do our shopping later. Everyone. The Spear.”
The group left to go take care of the new mess as Roxy just looked at the shop she’d built with her own two hands, that was her pride and joy, and cried as she realized she’d been used.

Tyler and his party walked straight into the Spear and to the lady’s desk.
“We need to see Seline. NOW.”
She nodded and the lift came down. Tyler between the group and the door. The fox lady was sitting on her couch as they entered, and he had Malico lay out the wands. The fox’s eyes went wide as she saw the three evil items laid before her.
“Where’d you find these?”
“Roxy’s magic shop. After I got burned by a banned black in a Blue/grey book. They were hidden inside staffs.”
Seline dropped the shutters.
“What town?”
“Yalik.”
“What is your plan?”
“NOTHING from Yalik gets through that gate without a White Path searching it by hand. Any refuse this rule, arrest and search anyway. Next. I and my party will search the other shops ourselves.”
Seline rubbed her eyes.
“We don’t have any white paths in the city.”
“Not even a temple?”
She looked at him.
“There is a temple not connected to the church, but they refuse to even greet us.”
“What’s their sect?”
“White Path of Purity.”
“I’ll go terrify them. Worse case, I kill the head priest to make my damned point.”
Wulf chuckled.
“You won’t have to go that far. I know this Sect, as I have a cousin that is a member. They abhor the black with such a burning passion. If we tell them we need them to check for such evil, they will aid us.”
“That is still more racist then I’d like. But at least we have an in. I am of the white path. If need be, I can show off my Divine Resurgence mastery to make my damned point.”
Tyler then looked at Seline.
“Are we in agreement?”
She nodded.
“We are.”
Tyler then had an idea.
“Hey, Wulf, watch this.”
Kaori smiled, knowing EXACTLY what he was about to do. Tyler looked at a now curious Seline.
“So, how did Tatiana react to your update?”
The poor fox lady fell off her couch, so absolute was her shock and surprise. Wulf was flabbergasted. Malico just chuckled, Sera was confused and Lilia shook her head. Seline got up off the floor, shaking as she looked at him.
“How did you know?”
Tyler chuckled.
“Kinda obvious really. Check it. A group of random adventurers roll up to her front door with the princesses in tow, a bunch of banned spells, a mythical elven bow, and a story of blood and betrayal. Then that same group says they’re headed for the Queen herself anyway, the lead bastard kicks sand in the King’s face, and walks out. Yeah, you used the exact same spell to contact your off again on again lover before that lift even touched the floor.”
Seline was shaking so very badly at this boy that could see right through her deepest plans like she were made of windows.
“What will you do with this knowledge?”
Tyler shrugged.
“I don’t really care what you do. Main issue for the moment is getting those damned Licenses and other crap off the streets before all hell breaks loose. Imagine if that wand had been found by those idiots the other day?”
Seline shuddered.
“You have not lied to me as of yet. And you’ve just painted a very disturbing image. Tatiana is expecting you and your party. She’s agreed to shelter the girls, and knows of the bow.”
“AND my sword.”
Seline just sighed.
“So does the king. We know what that blade is, who’s it was, and what that means.”
“I trust you can keep a secret.”
Seline nodded.
“If we don’t, you’ll just kill us.”
“Yup. Annnd, No. It will NOT be a painless death.”
Seline chuckled.
“I’d expect no less for breaking your trust.”
“So we’re clear, the legend of my bow? Yeah, it’s bullshit.”
“Once I told Tatiana about you, she said the exact same thing.”
Tyler smirked.
“Well, is that King’s network ready?”
She smiled darkly.
“I received a magical update this morning. The Kingdom has welcomed a new son and heir to the throne. The Warrior Kazuma was awarded then title of crown prince, and leading royal heir to the throne. From what I got, the boy was accepted wholeheartedly by the entirety of the court.”
“That bastard?”
Seline was now openly laughing.
“Ohhh, he is LIVID. From what we know, he went on a tirade on the king for appointing such a green heir, how could he entrust the throne to a mere boy. You het the idea.”
“His response?”
“The king had him thrown out of the throne room to quote, ‘get his head out of his ass’.”
Tyler smirked.
“Kazuma will pick RIGHT up on that phrase. AND who taught him it. Okay, he’ll work all the harder now to both play our game, and because he knows we’re alive. Plus, the pope just lost a strategy. He can’t discredit he king in front of the court for being an incompetent ass since he appointed Kazuma his heir, which in the court’s eyes was a very wise move. Kazuma will need to watch out from rigged jobs, but he’s not stupid. He may be a hopeless optimist and always saw the bright side of life, but he is not dense.”
Kaori chuckled.
“Kazuma always was the lucky one. Once saw him walk up to a card game, get dealt in, and pull a royal flush that same hand.”
“I remember that. I just think that hot dealer rigged it for him.”
“I thought the same thing, since they dated for a few months.”
“Bastard.”
“Agreed.”
Seline smiled.
“The King’s network is ready and active. You can even get some items and coin if you need it.”
“Nice to see him get off his ass for once. Our pardon?”
Seline had a twinkle in her eye.
“He had Kazuma do it, on the grounds that there was no way you should have won that fight. He then said that, knowing you, it was in pure self defense, as since Kaori was last seen with you, and how ferociously loyal you are to friends, Kazuma reasoned that someone gave Gruven an order to do something to her, you stepped up to defend her, and Gruven threw the fight. From what we know, Tyler went from a hated murderer to a pitied hero that is being hailed as a defender of the right. Gruven is hailed as a true knight, while Kaori is being pitied for her plight.”
Tyler and his friends all looked at each other.
“Ten gold say Kazuma came up with that title.”
“Defender of the Right?”
“He doesn’t know you very well, does he?”
“See? I KNEW Tyler was a hero!”
All heads looked to Sera, as she’d said the line. The young princess then hugged Tyler, nearly throttling him in the process.
“He’s a hero! MY Hero!”
Tyler hugged her back,
“Just for you, Sera.”
She giggled.
“But we all know Kaori’s YOUR princess! I’ll just be your little sister!”
Tyler looked at Kaori, who smiled widely.
“Well, she DOES have a crown of gold.”
Malico smiled as well. I may have a place in his heart, and it is not small. But it would seem that Kaori will always be his number 1. Tyler sat Sera on his leg then and hugged her as they talked then, and the small princess loved it.
“Okay. The pope’s plans got a setback. A very nice setback. Okay, Seline, I am going to trust you with something.”
Seline became very attentive.
“What is it?”
“At this point, it’s just a suspicion and nothing more, but it’s been bothering me. Now, I believe there may have been a second summoning of warriors while the first yet live.”
The foxlady’s tails dropped to the couch, and she sighed.
“I see. I am saddened to say you’re correct.”
Wulf and Malico looked at her in abject shock.
“How?”
“Why?”
Seline sighed deeply.
“We just learned of this with the latest update. It would seem the Pope wasn’t satisfied with the current crop of Warriors. So, he forced another summoning. Of TWICE the number of the current crop. So, 44 more were released into the world.”
“And my sister is one of them.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes, as Seline looked at him. Wulf and Malico groaned.
“Your sister?”
“She was the one that got Elirch with the sword. And what clued me in.”
Kaori laid her head on the couch back as she sighed.
“I bet my father came this time.”
“Would go with the trope.”
“Maybe even a few soldiers from our world too?”
“Yup. But without their guns. I remember I had my pen in my pocket, and it vanished when we came through. I’d also bet that damned nanny also came through as well.”
“And the other parents as well.”
“We’re gonna have a major mess in the first wave.”
Kaori snorted.
“Not really. We’ll break off from the main pack and find our own piece of the field to dominate.”
Tyler patted her stomach.
“Atta girl.”
Wulf sighed.
“Okay. Let’s deal with the Licenses FIRST.”
“Good idea, Wulf. We’ll start off small and go from there. Seline.”
She looked at him.
“What do you need?”
“Full execute authority. We’re gonna go make a mess for a few hours until I am certain your city is clean.”
The leader of the city got up and walked to a desk and pulled a piece of paper out. She wrote something and used her seal on it. She then presented it to Tyler.
“This signifies you’re a Person Of Worth in my city. The town guard will aid you in your endeavors and you can use the military lanes in and out of the city.”
“That’ll make it easier. Now. I do have ONE final question on the waves.”
“That being?”
“Can the teleport be rigged?”
Seline sighed.
“It can. BUT. You need the ENTIRE royal family’s consent, and you need the target’s consent. One without the other is useless.”
“can a teleport be faked?”
“No. To be perfectly blunt, the Warrior teleport is the ONLY Teleport in existence. And before you ask, NO it CANNOT be copied. Many mages have tired, result? They died. Horribly.”
Tyler sighed.
“The pope figured out a way. No way he hasn’t.”
Seline laughed.
“You’re scary. He did. But, Kazuma destroyed their means to use it. It was a Licensed spell, and it was the only one produced, and he also took out their lab. Yeah, pope’s pissed. But, since Kazuma found a set of banned spells as well, he can’t openly say anything.”
“Good. That’s all I got. We’ll get to work.”
Tyler and his crew left the shaken foxlady in her office as they descended to the floor. Then they headed for Morlick’s room. There they found a few more banned spells, copies of the ones they had, and Malico added them to their collection. Then they went to the magic shops. The first was run by a odd character. A blue skinned lady with fins for ears, needles for teeth, vertically slanted yellow eyes that blinked sideways, a massive flopping rack barely contained by a crop top, and skin with fish scales on her sides. Tyler was curious, for not even he had a clue just what she was. Even her hair was blue.
“Excuse me miss, but, what are you?”
She smiled, and her needle teether were seen. When she spoke, her voice was a odd gurgle, like if one were to speak underwater.
“My Lord, I am what is known as a mermaid.”
Tyler was amazed.
“Wow, so you’re what a mermaid looks like in this world? Cool. Got any Blue Path spells?”
She laughed, and it sounded like a bubbling brook. She then pointed a finned hand at a section devoted to the blue. Tyler smiled in thanks as his team looked over the Yalik shipments. Tyler pulled a spellbook and the first License he saw made him smile. WaterWall. A wall spell that conjures a ten foot wall of roiling waves between the caster and an attacker. Converts Physical Damage resistance into a physical wall. Cost? 50 mana. Tyler flipped to the next page, WaterFall. A follow up spell that turned WaterWall into a flattener. It was a follow up so only cost an additional ten mana. He flipped through the hundred page book, and ever ten pages was a new License in his path with a ten page description on what it was, and how to use it. He closed the book, finding he could use the whole thing, as his team found a few more wands, but oddly enough, no licenses. The mermaid behind the counter was shocked by the evil things.
“My Lord, I had no idea those were in their!”
Tyler chuckled as he placed the book on the counter.
“It’s why we’re looking. You’re not in trouble. So, how much for this one?”
The Mermaid smiled with relief,
“95 silver.”
Tyler tossed her a gold,
“Only got like 40 silver on me at the moment.”
She laughed as she slid his five back.
“I thank you for your custom. Should you need anymore blue Spells, please remember my shop.”
Tyler smiled as he added the book to his pouch.
“I’ll be sure to remember your shop. AND it’s owner.”
That got him a leer as he winked at her before leaving. As they walked along the road, Kaori smacked him.
“What the hell is wrong with you?”
Tyler laughed.
“Ah come on Kaori, I’m curious!”
“Ugh.”
Wulf chuckled.
“Tyler, let me tell you from experience, you NEVER forget a mermaid.”
“Oh? I’m sensing a story there.”
Wulf had a knowing smile.
“Let’s wait until the ladies are not present.”
“You know I’mma hold to it, right?”
Malico and the other girls just sighed.
“Men.”
“Boys, Malico, BOYS.”
“I’d say more pigs.”
“What you said.”
They chuckled as the friends all entered the last shop in town. As they entered, they interrupted a robbery. A tall, broad shouldered hulk of an elf with black skin and white eyes had the small shop keeper, a tiny lady with a delicate pair of wings on her back, eight feet off the ground in his fist.
“I’ll ask ya ONE last time sprite, WHERE ARE THE STAFFS FROM YALIK?”
The slowly being throttled lady kicked uselessly. She even spit at him.
“Piss off you overgrown tree fucker.”
Wulf smiled as Tyler sighed.
“I got em.”
At the sound of voices, the elf looked at him, only for Tyler’s dagger to grow out of his head. Tyler had a looked of exasperation as he caught the falling behemoth. The now freed lady was flitting about on her wings as Tyler laid the dead elf on the floor.
“Thank you for that.”
Tyler looked at her, and saw she was even smaller then Tolic the dwarf. Whereas the dwarf was half Tyler’s height, the lady was the size fo his leg. Her wings were see through, with a faint pink hue to them, her skin was fair, smooth, and glowed slightly, were eyes were a dark green, and her face soft. She had a wild mane of green hair that hung to her back, and was clothed in a light green gown that hung to her lower thigh with her small feet bare. The lady caught him checking her out, and smiled.
“Yer either after me body or have never seen a sprite before.”
Tyler chuckled at this fiery lady.
“The second with a healthy dose of the first.”
The sprite laughed as she shook his hand with a surprising strength that belied her small stature.
“Nice to see some fire in a Warrior. I’m Twink. I own this shop.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Glad to help. We’re actually looking for the shipment of books and staffs from Yalik.”
Twink looked at him.
“May I ask why?”
“You might have gotten more then what you were thinking.”
The sprite sighed.
“The books are on the shelf by that blonde, and the staffs by the elf.”
Tyler then started searching the dead elf, as his friends did their part. Tyler found a ring of Licenses.
“Malico.”
The cat came over and looked through the dead man’s collection as Tyler checked for a bounty.
“Okay. This guy is Lidir the Kidnapper. Wanted dead, reward…300 gold. Says here he’s a known slaver that targets the Tailed people and other such minorities. Wow, I hate this guy already.”
Malico chuckled.
“I’d like to go with you for dropoff.”
“Sure thing kittycat.”
“Thanks. And got one, Another River, Annnd, Mind Piercer?”
Wulf came over as Kaori took over his task.
“Mind Piercer? Isn’t that the one that forces control of a person to another?”
Malico added it to the pouch.
“Yep. In essence you become a puppet for another and they can do whatever they want with your body.”
Tyler sighed as kaori found a pair of wands. One black, one grey. Tyler tilted his head.
“Hey, what’s with the grey?”
Wulf looked at it.
“That’s just a Grey Path wand. Used by grey pathers, they’re rare and hard to come by.”
“Lemme check something.”
Tyler took the wand without getting burned. He then handed it to Malico.
“What spell does it do?”
“Grey Fist. It’s a mist that hits a target with twice the power of a mace.”
“Just for safety, as in a disguised wand, hit me with it.”
Twink looked at him like he was insane.
“Lad, that’s insane! Why are you going to such extremes?”
Malico waved the wand, and Tyler had to grab the counter and focus as a massive pressure was forced onto his mind.
“GET. OUT. OF. MY. HEAD!”
There was a low scream as the wand shattered in two pieces as Tyler looked at the now horrified sprite.
“THAT’S why. Something just tried to control me. Problem is my mind is a torture chamber.”
The wand flared, and then went black. Malico gasped.
“That’s a wand of Subjugation! It should NOT be able to be resisted! Period! It literally forces a demon of Willpower into the mind of the target to take full control.”
Tyler smiled a dark smile.
“I am NOTHING’S puppet, Malico. Enter MY mind and you will NEVER come out.”
Twink gulped.
“They say that in order to throw off a Demon of Willpower’s assault, you need a willpower akin to a gran high dragon. Even then it takes three hours of nonstop concentration to do it. You threw it off in ten seconds, and KILLED it with your will alone. Please, Warrior, allow me to see your willpower, Mental Fortitude and Perception stats with my own eyes.”
Tyler brought the stats up. Twink was speechless.
“Perception…556? Mental Fortitude…1032? Willpower…….3000?!”
She just looked at him with a mixture of awe and pity.
“There is only ONE way you got these stats. And I am truly sorry you suffered like that.”
Tyler patted her soft hair.
“I’m not. We’d all be dead by now without those lessons.”
Twink was blushing a little as he lifted his hand off her head.
“I see. Another example of your will. A most remarkable human.”
Tyler smiled as he then lifted the large elf off the ground.
“I’ll go get paid with Malico, then poke around your shop, Twink.”
Kaori was a little miffed, but a quick kiss made her feel better. Tyler and Malico walked along the road to the spear. Malico was happily glowing to get some alone time with her hero.
“I was starting to worry I got sidelined.”
Tyler pulled her in and kissed her.
“I didn’t fergit me favorite kittycat.”
She purred as her tail lashed in joy.
“I feel better!”
That made him smile as they entered the spear and went to the collection booth. The same lady was sitting there, and smiled as Tyler came over with his latest prize.
“Good day Sirrah. Who is it today?”
“Lidir the Kidnapper.”
She smiled as a long raccoon tail was brought into view.
“I’ll get my supervisor for verification sirrah.”
Tyler smiled as the raccoon lady went to get her supervisor. Tyler had a free hand, and was happily petting Malico’s ears, getting a purring smile from the happy cat as her tail flicked. Tyler loved how her soft fur felt as he stroked it, and loved making her happy.
“That feels really good, Tyler.”
He smiled.
“Like I said, I like cats.”
She hugged him as the lady came back with her boss.
“The slab is ready Sirrah.”
Tyler dropped the carcass on the slab for ID. The Warrior then waited patiently for ID. The lady was smiling as she slid the reward through the grate.
“Identity confirmed. On behalf of the Tail, thank you.”
Tyler chuckled as he took the money.
“Like I’m let my favorite cat down. See you next time Miss.”
“Please, my name is Yoko.”
“A pleasure. Yoko.”
Now free of the body, Tyler walked with Malico under his arm. The catgirl nuzzling him as they returned to the shop. There they found kaori looking at a Red path book, Wulf looking over a License, Sera holding a License and Lillia looking at a staff of Pink. Tyler smiled.
“See anything useful?”
Sera came over with a License for a Grey Spell.
“I think I can use this.”
Tyler looked at it.
“Shadow Sneak? Okay, costs five Mana, and the user is cloaked in a shadow that renders the user invisible in any kind of shadow.”
He looked at Sera.
“Question. What Path are you?”
She giggled.
“Grey! AND Silver!”
Wulf looked at her.
“Silver?”
Tyler tilted his head.
“That a rare path?”
Wulf patted a now beaming Sera.
“More, unique. Most paths revolve around a color, like red, blue or White. Some, however revolve around metals. Silver being known for stealth and sneak based spells. Whereas Grey is the path of a Rogue. I myself am of the Grey, and such am a ranger. Our spells are all-rounders. Like that Fist spell or Iron Piercer.”
Tyler smiled.
“Well, Sera, looks like you got yerself a goodie here.”
She giggled as Kaori held up her book.
“I can use all these.”
“Nice blondie. Wulf, that one?”
He chuckled.
“It’s Shadow Arrow. Adds an extra shaft to every shot for ten shots. A Grey spell.”
“Oh, I NEED that one. There another one?”
“I found four.”
Lillia smiled as she lifted the pink staff.
“I’m a pink Pather. So, I’ll take this staff.”
“What does Pink specialize in?”
Lillia smiled proudly.
“It’s a more healing base color. Not Like White, as that’s a more pure healer, but it’s more overlap between red and White. So, I can cast spells from both easily.”
“Nice. Okay. We’ll take these and go give a temple some nightmare fuel.”
Twink was fluttering by her counter,
“All told, 10 gold.”
Tyler gave the coins and off they went. The man was happy with their haul thus far as they headed for the rather plain looking temple of the White Path of Purity. It was a solid white thing the shape of a box. Tyler led the group straight for the front door, where they were greeted by a brown habit wearing monk.
“Greetings travelers. I am Brother Mark of the White path of purity Temple. Do you seek aid?”
Tyler smiled.
“More an audience with the leader. We have a request from the Lady Seline of your White paths.”
The Brother bowed.
“At Once. Please follow me.”
Tyler and his friends were led inside the temple. The indie was just as plain as the outside, with long benches along the walls with healers tending to the sick or injured. Tyler spotted a woman struggling to heal a broken leg on a sobbing little girl.
“Pardon me a second, Brother Mark.”
The monk watched curiously, as Tyler walked over, tapped the flagging lady, and took over. Tyler smiled as he held out his hand.
“Holy Relief.”
The girl went from sobbing in agony, to giggling as his magic tickled as it set her broken bone, cured the infection, and strengthened her leg. Once his spell was finished, she stood up to hop a bit before hugging him and running off. The lady thanked him and he returned to the group.
“Sorry. She was about to collapse.”
They resumed walking as Mark spoke of Tyler’s potent spell.
“That was a beautiful Holy Relief, Brother.”
Tyler smiled.
“Actually, that was a half strength casting.”
Mark was a little taken aback.
“Half? Pray tell, what is your most powerful healing spell you can cast flawlessly?”
“On demand or after prepping?”
“On demand.”
“Divine Resurgence.”
The Monk stopped. He looked at him with open awe.
“You’ve cast Divine Resurgence? May I ask on whom?”
“Her tail. Was only hanging by a half inch piece of flesh.”
Mark looked to see Malico’s happily swaying tail.
“By the Color. His Purity is going to be amazed.”
Tyler and kaori snorted inwardly at the title. HIS PURITY? Good gods that is soo cringey!”
The Monk showed the party to a long room with a pure white bench with a tall man casting a spell on a lady on her back. The group waited for the spell casting to end. Tyler smiled as he recognized it as Divine Care. His other healing spell, that one more disease oriented with then Physical wounds. The lady was cured, and was sent on her way. Mark bowed before the man as he made his greeting.
“Father Maxus, I present a powerful White path and his party. They have a request from Seline of our white Paths.”
Tyler was looking in the man’s eyes as he was introduced. Soon as the man looked at him, his eyes flashed with recognition.
“I know this party, Brother Mark. You may leave us.”
The monk left without a word, as the polished tones and gentle words washed over the party. Only Tyler saw it for what is was.
“Heads up. Charm magic.”
And the spell was broken. The group shook their heads and grasped weapon hilts. Maxus chuckled.
“I see mental tricks have no effect on you, Tyler The Outcast.”
“NOW THAT’S a damned title!”
Kaori chuckled.
“Twenty gold says’ Kazuma had a hand in that.”
Tyler smiled as he then looked at the man. He was taller than Tyler, bald, wrinkled around the face, with deep set blue eyes, with a white beard wearing a pure white robe.
“I have a request of your White paths.”
The man looked at this boy,
“Speak it.”
“The city has been receiving rigged magical shipments from Yalik. The request is to have your white paths search the cargo. The items in question are banned black spells.”
Maxus was taken aback.
“Those don’t exist anymore. The church destroyed them all.”
“Malico.”
“On it!”
The cat was shielded as she retrieved the ring that was over half full. The cat showed the licenses, and Maxus poked one, only to get burned as badly as Tyler did.
“By the Purity! We were LIED to! What do you need boy? Our temple is at your disposal.”
Tyler pulled a scroll out detailing the searching protocols.
“These are instructions on how to search everything from staffs, shields and swords, to wagons and horses. Not a SINGLE banned spell or otherwise gets through that gate. The town guard will assist as well.”
Maxus took the scroll, and nodded.
“Understood. In our religion, the Banned Black spells are searched out and destroyed. Are the instructions on what to do in the event of a find here as well?”
“They are. I’ll still tell you though. All finds are to be cataloged, recorded, and destroyed at the end of the day’s search while under supervision of either Seline herself or an appointed representative with a seal of approval and a white Path as well.”
Maxus smiled.
“A very shrewd and wily method. I will see it done. When do these go into effect?”
“Immediately. Or sooner. We’ve already cleared the three magic shops in town.”
“very good. I’ll get my more combat preferring Monks moving.”
“Shaolin monks. Nice.”
Kaori chuckled as well.
“Of course you’d go there.”
Maxus smiled. Then he looked to Tyler.
“I understand you’re a white path.”
“I am. And also of the Blue as well.”
“I was hoping for a demonstration of your path.”
Tyler tilted his head.
“Okay, what do you have in mind?”
Maxus smiled and gestured to a ball on a pedestal.
“I’d like you to place your hand on the ball. It’ll flare with your power over the White. It’s a rite our religion preforms to both gauge our power, and see what spells we’re best at.”
“Seems easy enough.”
Tyler walked over, as his friends all stood ready in case of double cross. Maxus smiled.
“Just touch the thing.”
Tyler placed his hand on it, and it glowed like a blinding sun. Tyler smiled as he saw a man move towards kaori. HE shattered the ball with his will, and flung a dagger at the man. Maxus was utterly confused by what just happened as one moment, Tyler laid his hand on the ball, then the next he’d blinded by the thing before it exploded with a man screaming on the floor with a knife in his knee. Tyler was still smiling as he drew his Magicite Sword, Gliepnir. Kaori saw the screaming in agony man, and understood.
“Not THAT old trick.”
Tyler smiled as he placed the large weapon by the man’s head.
“I kinda figured it was a trap. Maxus had NO idea that thing was a rigged willpower trap designed to dominate the mind of the one that touches it and blind the room. Now then.”
Tyler crouched and looked the man in the face.
“What to do to you.”
The man was clad in the robe of the order, and was shaking.
“What just happened?”
Maxus was still confused as his monks came to see what the screaming was. Tyler looked to Wulf.
“You explain.”
“On it.”
Tyler placed his hand on his dagger.
“What were your orders?”
The man gulped.
“To rig the test ball with the prison trap, and spirit the Lady Kaori to the Pope.”
“Is that all?”
“Indeed Sirrah.”
His eyes were pure. Tyler smiled.
“Let’s see if anyone wants to find you.”
Tyler pinned the man and opened his HUD for bounties. He got a hit.
“Wow, yeah I hate you. Lester. A coward that abandoned his men to save his own skin. Reward? 10 gold. Alive? 20. Well. Let’s go see Yoko.”
Tyler knocked him out and lifted him on his shoulder as Maxus came over grim-faced.
“I understand now. Our temple owes you a debt for removing a snake.”
Tyler smiled.
“Sorry about your ball.”
HE laughed.
“We got ten. Although, I DID get my answer on your White Path power.”
“Verdict?”
“It is on par with a Holy Spirit. In other words, you have ten times the power I do.”
“Nifty.”
Tyler smiled.
“I trust you can handle the rest?”
The head Monk nodded.
“Alright. I gots me a coward to ruin.”
That got a chuckle as he and his crew left the Temple. The unconscious man flopping along on his shoulder. Tyler was chuckling.
“Hey, Wulf. I guess I did get to play bounty hunter Afterall.”
The elven ranger chuckled as well.
“It seems so.”
Sera smiled.
“Hey, I’m hungry.”
Tyler rubbed her hair.
“We’ll drop this idiot off and go bother Melly.”
“Yay!”
Lillia smiled.
“They’ve become like sisters, those two.”
“That’s kinda cute.”
Sera was humming as they went to the collection booth. Yoko the raccoon lady was still on duty.
“Hiya Yoko, got a live one for ya this time.”
She smiled as Tyler approached.
“Welcome back Tyler. Please, lock him in the vertical slab next to the body tray.”
“You’re the boss.”
That got a smile as Tyler placed the man in the shackles. The coward woke then to feel Tyler closing the cuffs on his wrists and ankles. Tyler patted his cheek.
“I really hate people like you.”
Tyler watched the thing rotate and a sob was heard as he took his spot in front of Yoko. Tyler waited for the confirmation by looking at the lady. Yoko was a pretty lady with silver hair, blue eyes, a cutely raccoon-like face, a large rack and smooth skin. She was wearing a red shirt with a black skirt, and he noticed a pair of raccoon ears on her head that he found adorable. Yoko caught checking her out, and waved her long raccoon tail happily, and Tyler smiled as he saw it had a sleek, well-cared for shine along it’s grey and black ringed length. I REALLY wanna pet that Tail. But, I learned my lesson from the LAST time I touched a tail. Yoko got the confirmation.
“Your total today is ten gold coins.”
Tyler smiled as he put the money in his pouch.
“Thanks Yoko. Till next time.”
She waved her tail happily as his crew left. A tall lady behind the counter noticed.
“Wow, Yoko. Got a crush?”
Yoko waved her tail.
“I think I just might.”
Tyler had kaori’s hand as they returned to Mia’s inn for lunch. The place was lively as the party walked in. Most of the tables were filled, but they saw the one they’d used that morning was empty. As they sat down, Melly came over with a happy squeal, which made the room chuckle.
“Yay! You came back!”
Tyler hugged the happy girl.
“Just to bother you again Melly.”
She giggled. The group placed orders and she skipped away humming. Tyler watched her go until she disappeared into the kitchen. Then he pulled his Blue Spell book out and looked over a few spells.
“Hey, Lad.”
Tyler looked up to see a tall, red bearded man looking at his book with evident interest.
“Hi, what’s up?”
The man rubbed his beard.
“Just wonderin if ya may be interested in a game of chance.”
Kaori groaned. The man looked at her curiously.
“Great. Say goodbye to your pants.”
Tyler closed the book.
“What kind of game?”
The man gestured to a round table of other men with cards and chips.
“It’s a card game. We’ll explain the rules if yer in.”
“And I assume you want me to put my book on the line?”
A twinkle appeared in his eye.
“Indeed lad. We’re all mages, all we’re lacking is a Blue Pather to round out the Colors.”
Tyler smiled, then had a thought.
“You wouldn’t happen to mean there’s a BLACK pather at that table, would you?”
The man tilted his head.
“There is. Her.”
He gestured to a lady now looking at Tyler with a very interested look. She was very pale, tall, had hair the color of midnight, massive breasts that rivaled Malico, and was clothed in a black robe with buckles and chains. Tyler sighed as he looked at kaori.
“Where o where have we seen this one before?”
“These tropes are starting to kill me. Go get her Licenses.”
Tyler sighed.
“Sure. I’ll join your table.”
Tyler brought his book, and sat in the empty chair directly across from the busty black mage. As he did, the room chuckled ruefully.
“Oi, Laddee, yer playing Vixen. That lady’s unbeaten at the card.”
“Say goodbye to yer dignity.”
Tyler just sighed as he placed his Blue book on the table.
“Alright, how we play?”
After the explanation. Tyler Grinned.
“Pray tell, what’s this game called?”
The red bearded man had a red book out.
“Joker’s Wild.”
“Of course it is.”
Tyler got his chips, and was dealt in. The game? A reskinned Texas hold’em. The lady, Vixen, got handed the deck, and Tyler just smiled at her. With a dark undercurrent. The lady got the unspoken threat, and the hand ended with Tyler with a new book of White, Green, and the bearded man’s red. He sighed.
“I see you’re either a cheat or a liar.”
“Not at all. I’m a Warrior, and we have a similar game in my old world I was undefeated at. Basically this with a different name.”
The red bearded man laughed jovially.
“Me apologies laddee. I can see yer no a liar now. But, I’d leave it if I were you. Ol’ Vixen here’s also undefeated.”
“Sounds like fun.”
The room then gathered to watch the showdown between the two. Tyler was smiling as he looked at her.
“So, how long you been looking fer me?”
She froze, and looked at him as her formerly serene face shattered into one of shock. Tyler smiled widely as he saw her play. He placed his bet, as she responded in a clear voice that was a low breath.
“What could possibly make you so arrogant to believe I’m looking for you?”
Tyler chuckled.
“I’m a white pather as well as a blue. YOU’RE a black pather. Let me guess. You’re seeking to show the world that not ALL black mages are evil, vile creatures. You were taught by a black mage that believed there was a good way to use their dark powers, and then you heard tell of a White/blue pather with a large sword on his back was roaming around the area, was an outcast Warrior, and sought to join his party to aid in the hunt for the banned spells you yourself are looking to destroy. Odds are, someone used a banned spell to kill your mentor before your eyes. Stop me if I’m wrong.”
Kaori groaned as the others of their party were just plain shocked.
“Yeah. He does that.”
Wulf shuddered.
“With Perception of THAT level, he could dissect a demon’s soul.”
Vixen, however, was shaking extremely badly as Tyler won the hand, AND her spell book. The others of the inn had sensed this was a Warrior matter now, and gone back to their seats. Tyler used the other books to scoop up the claimed black, and transported it to Malico for examination.
“When your mind recovers, we’ll talk.”
He took his seat as Melly came with the food. She was curious, was she had watched the game.
“What’d you do?”
Tyler chuckled as he drank from his mug.
“It’s a trick I learned I’m my old world. I can examine your face, and more or less see into your very soul. Then, I can literally read your mind, heart, and soul like a damned book with me flipping pages. I did it to one poor bastard, and he committed suicide when he saw I had learned he was a closet gay in an ultra-religious family that openly hated gays.”
Melly tilted her head.
“Did you do that to me?”
“A little. I do it to everyone when I first meet them. Kinda have to in order to see if I can trust you. Wanna know what I got from yer eyes, Melly?”
She looked at him.
“What?”
He patted her head.
“I got that yer a cutie!”
She giggled and blushed a little as she ran off to the kitchen. Tyler smiled as Malico finished going through the book.
“Verdict?”
The cat chuckled.
“Clean. Just the usual necromancy, illusion, and a death touch spell.”
“Necromancy isn’t banned?”
“Not even a little. It’s more controlling undead then raising the dead.”
Tyler poked the book. No burn. So he picked it up and started flipping himself.
“That’s refreshing. Nice to see black spells that AREN’T evil for once. Well, spoke too soon.”
He pointed to one.
“Unholy image. Shows the target an image of what they fear the most. Yeah, THAT’S a nasty trick. Good way to test the balls of another.”
That got a chuckle as Tyler finished flipping.
“Neat. Hey, Wulf, can you pass me the White book?”
Tyler thanked him and flipped through.
“Wow, right off the bat. Remedy. Heals status ailments like blindness, Poison, deafness, and colds. Can be upgraded to cure curse, weaken and break simple mind control.”
Tyler added it to his ring as he kept flipping.
“Oh bingo. Holy Purge. Sets up a field a hundred meters out that repels undead. Strength of the undead repelled depends on the caster’s power, spell level, and Caster’s aptitude. I can add that to Protective Warning and Tranquil waters when we make camp.”
Wulf smiled.
“And with your power, not even a high Lich can get through.”
“That’s the point. Okay, Got another Holy Relief. Here, kaori.”
She smiled.
“Thanks.”
Tyler flipped to the next page and smiled.
“Oh, there’s the last hole. Holy Care. A spell that spans fifty feet and heals all within it of everything from a cold to Syphilis. Along with minor wounds and a few broken bones. Cost….150 mana? Fair.”
Tyler added it. And finished flipping.
“Not a bad batch really. More white we got the better.”
Tyler then added all the blue spells he had to his ring as they’d been the most useful.
“Alright, where are in terms of skills?”
Wulf tilted his head.
“We all got Longsight, Appraisal, I got a skill called speedshot that allows rapid fire for a period of time.”
Malico smiled.
“I got a new dagger skill that adds twice the force on a stab. Called Catfang.”
Kaori chuckled.
“I got a rather interesting bow skill. Shadow arrow. Launches an Arrow with another behind it along it’s same path.”
Tyler smiled.
“I got Prospect, Mine, Field Smithing and Smelting, Sera got her Unseen Shadow, and did you see anything Lillia?”
She shook her head.
“Not really. I have a few skills, but they all do with plants and animals.”
Tyler tilted his head.
“Okay. What are they?”
The older sister sighed.
“I got Wild Gardner. It allows for the picking of plants without gloves or harm from their thorns or toxins, Nature bounty, makes any harvested plants twice as potent, Fellow Animal, a passive that makes it so I can’t get attacked by an animal unprovoked, and that’s it. I don’t really have any useful skills.”
“Bullshit you don’t Lillia. YOU my royal gal just got added to Malico’s plant gimmick. She’s our flower expert, and you’ll help her gather ones we can use.”
Malico hugged the now smiling girl.
“Never doubt your own worth, Lillia. If you don’t think you can help, ask, I’m sure one of Tyler’s thousands of plans fit you just fine.”
That got a fond chuckle from the party.
“Excuse me.”
Tyler looked over to see Vixen, the black mage standing by their table.
“Ready to talk?”
She nodded, and sat beside Kaori opposite Tyler. The leader of the party placed his head on his hands to look at her.
“So, Vixen. How many did I get wrong?”
She shuddered.
“None. You read my soul like you were there yourself.”
Tyler smiled.
“So. What do you want to do?”
She looked at him.
“I want to join your party.”
“Why?”
She sighed, and the air released from her body made her buckles tinkle.
“I want to hunt down and destroy the banned Licenses. Like you read, my mentor was killed by a black spell. I also want to help people, and show them that my magic is not to be feared. Plus.”
She seemed to hesitate, and kaori nudged her encouragingly. The black mage smiled.
“I want to go on ADVENTURES. I heard you fought a drakolisk, did you not?”
“Killed. But sure.”
Her dark blue eyes lit up with excitement.
“I WISH I could’ve been there! I want to ride along side warriors of legend, make memories, have fun.”
Her voice was lit up with the fire of her desire, and her wish. Tyler, Malico, and kaori all looked at each other, and smiled.
“I’d know THAT fire anywhere.”
“Yup. Looks like she’s determined.”
“And her eyes are clear. Ladies? Are we agreed?”
They nodded and Tyler held out his hand.
“Welcome to the circus Vixen. We’re batshit insane, but I’m sure you do juuust fine.”
Vixen smiled widely as she clasped his hand.
“You won’t regret this, I swear it.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I do, and we’ll either drop you in a ditch, or I’ll just kill you there and then. Depends if the ladies call for mercy.”
Vixen shuddered. Then smiled.
“I understand, Tyler. Soo, can I get my book back?”
“You got any banned Spells on you?”
“Here’s my ring.”
Malico flipped trough the collection as Tyler and his team finished their meal. Vixen for her part seemed rather giddy to be in Tyler’s party. Malico chuckled.
“She’s clean. Most are either black attack spells, a few acidics, and a rather nasty illusion.”
Tyler slid the book to her, and she sighed with relief.
“That thing cost me 4 gold.”
“Ya got hustled. Those spells tops cost 95 silver alone.”
Her expression of abject horror, surprise and surprise made the table burst out laughing. Then Tyler smiled.
“Okay. Rules of my party are simple, 1: As I’m the strongest member of the party, I hold the coin. 2: In camp. You want food, pull your weight. No work, no food.”
Sera and Lillia nodded sagely.
“He’s inflexible.”
“He’s mean!”
Vixen smiled, until she got a good look at the two nodding girls.
“Sera Von Vernillion? Lillia Von Vernillion? The crown Princesses?”
Her shock made the group chuckle, and the two girls groan. Tyler smiled.
“We rescued them from a setup. Here. I’ll bring you up to speed.”
Tyler spent fifteen minutes explaining the current task. Vixen sighed as she rubbed her pale face.
“So, we’re on our way to see the elf queen. To deliver the princesses.”
“That’s the best case scenario. I’m willing to bet gold it doesn’t work the way we want it to.”
Kaori groaned.
“You don’t think that trope too?”
“This point, it’s more a question of what ones WON’T show up.”
Wulf looked at him.
“You don’t mean the queen will betray us do you?”
“More that our plan will fall through somehow.”
Kaori sighed.
“Dude hasn’t been wrong yet. Wanna throw out another hunch?”
“That their mother’s out there somewhere on her own adventure, Annnd we’ll bump into her at SOME point.”
Sera and Lillia chuckled.
“Mommy will love that boy.”
“That she will Sera. Kaori might get a hard challenge.”
“Not a chance in hell.”
The simultaneous responses made the table laugh. Tyler smiled.
“Hey, Sera, Lillia, what’s your mother like?”
Lillia smiled.
“Well, her name’s Erica. She’s a gorgerus-“
“Erica?!”
Kaori went bone white, and Tyler took her hand.
“Relax, Kaori. We have no way of knowing if it’s her.”
She took a massive deep breath and relaxed as she released it. Tyler patted her hand as he explained to the girls.
“Her mother’s name was Erica. She disappeared, what? ten years ago?”
Kaori nodded.
“That was just before I met you.”
Lillica hugged her.
“I’m sorry, kaori. Our mother’s got black hair, blue eyes and rather pale skin. Basically an older me.”
Tyler sighed.
“Nice to see THAT trope won’t make an appearance. Is your Mother a wildcat?”
That got a chuckle.
“She’s a high level Fire/Blue Pather. Plus a very vicious swordswoman. Meet her and I doubt even you, Tyler won’t be at least intimidated.”
“Sounds like a date.”
That got a chuckle. Tyler sighed.
“Okay. We need to visit the adventurers guild, get some horses for Sera and Lillia, and some blade skills for me with a few detection as well.”
He looked at Vixen.
“Do you have a horse?”
She smiled.
“A large black Mollock.”
“No clue what that means, I’ll have kaori fill me in when we meet the new guy.”
“Girl.”
“New girl.”
Tyler went and paid for the meal. Then he remembered the last rule.
“Oh yeah. Vixen, last rule. In my party, we ALL share a room.”
She smirked.
“To save coin or get a piece?”
“Both.”
All three voices replied en mass. The sexy black mage laughed, and her melons bounced.
“Oh my, wild-hearted romance. Sounds like fun.”
That got a chuckle out of Malico and Kaori. The party left the Inn, and headed for the guild. Vixen’s robes sounded like she was wearing chains and dangling bits of metal as her unseen heels clicked. Tyler smiled at the sound, as Kaori took his hand.
“You sure about her?”
“She reminds me of Lulu.”
“Same here. But are you sure?”
“I saw her eyes. They’re clean.”
Kaori squeezed his hand.
“Those eyes of yours haven’t failed us yet.”
He smiled as he kissed her, sending her off on a glow. She smiled and they went along the river bank to the wide red building with the proudly streaming banners. The Vernillion Adventurers’ guild was a kingdom wide network of organizations that both provided work, kinship, coin and other services to the ones with the fire to wield a sword. Tyler and his party walked right on in, and were immediately hit with a wave of noise. Jokes, bawdy or otherwise, brags, insults, challenges and other such things were hurled like arrows over a battlefield. The hall had nine long trestle tables packed solid with all of men and mer all clamoring over each other, a large board with posters and fliers detailing various jobs, a open bar, and a window with another cage over it. Tyler and his team headed for it. Behind the Magicite cage sat a tall lady with flaming red eyes and a long forked tail out behind her. Upon seeing Tyler and his friends approaching she smiled, showing off a large set of fangs behind her lips. Okaaaay, either a vampire or something else entirely. The lady looked at Tyler, the clear leader of the party.
“Welcome to the Raylik branch of the Vernillion Adventurer’s guild. I am Verilica. What can I do for you?”
“Myself and three of my companions are looking to join the guild.”
Sera was about to bawl, when Wulf tapped her on the shoulder.
“Sorry, but we’re not a member of his party, even if he treats us like we are.”
She huffed, but remained silent. Verilica smiled as she pointed out a counter with a large crystal ball.
“If you, and the three that wish to join head over to the orb, we’ll get started.”
Tyler looked to Wulf. He nodded. Tyler, Malico, Kaori and Vixen all walked to stand by the indicated orb. Verilica came sauntering over with her long tail swaying out behind her, she had red hair, pale skin, a large rack that bounced, long legs and wore a suit. Tyler tilted his head.
“I know I’ve seen that image somewhere before.”
Kaori shrugged.
“Maybe an imp?”
Verilica smiled.
“Good eyes. I am a feral Imp.”
Tyler smiled.
“Nifty. So, what do we do?”
The imp lady gestured to the orb.
“Place you hand on the orb, and it’ll gauge your strength. You’ll start at the bottom rung, which is Greenhorn, but as you complete jobs preform tasks and legendary feats you’ll gain renown and fame. You’ll be given a new tab in your HUD for guild jobs and updates as well. Plus a wood medal to show your rank. Highest is High dragonbone.”
Tyler smiled.
“Don’t blame me if it explodes.”
He placed his hand on the sphere, and it flared with a blinding blue/white light that brought the room to a halt. Tyler removed his hand, and there was a distinct crack in the once flawless sphere. Tyler looked at a now white as a ghost Verilica.
“I think I broke it.”
The entire guild hall was staring at him with a mix of awe and straight up terror. Verilica gulped.
“Who are you?”
“Name’s Tyler. That’s kaori, Malico, and Vixen.”
At his name, the imp sighed.
“A Warrior. Okay, explains the sheer force. I’ll be getting a copy of your stats any second.”
A piece of paper appeared under the ruined sphere.
“Okay. Titles: Friend of the Dark Forest? Holy Adventurer? These are some rare titles. Okay, stats.”
She went white again. Then she sighed with pity.
“Okay. I see now. I’m sorry you suffered like that. You’re easily the strongest man in this room.”
“Like ell he is!”
Tyler looked as a large man with a great axe on his back came forward. Tyler had to tilt his head back to look in his eye.
“Shall we dance then?”
The man spat on the floor as a ring appeared. Tyler and the would-be champion took opposite sides, as the man spoke.
“Me name’s Urlug. I’m a Drakolisk ranked adventurer here.”
“Really? We killed a lisk, what? A week ago? And by we, I mean myself, kaori and Malico. The other loons had yet to join my nuthouse.”
Urlug snorted nastily.
“A wee lad like yerself? Bollocks. Now lying to boost yer rep along with yer stats?”
“Soo, let’s just make this a death match.”
Kaori groaned, getting all heads to look in the pretty blonde’s way.
“There he goes again. Just don’t make a mess this time, okay?”
“Sure kaori.”
Urlug pulled his massive axe.
“Me axe be Magicite. What yer got? Iron?”
“Well, what a coinkidink. Gleipnir’s Magicite. No clue what Oblivion’s made of though. Eh, I’ll ask Tolic next time I see em.”
Tyler reached up and drew his own Magicite weapon. The sword had even grew a foot, and was now a solid six feet long. Tyler smiled as his twin paths made the blade go blue and white. He slung on his shoulder as he smirked.
“What color you got?”
Urlug growled as his axe flared up red. Tyler tilted his head.
“Red eh? Should be fun. This a death match?”
“Aye, laddee. Ya called me out fer it, Now I accept.”
“Well. Bring it.”
Tyler was still smiling as Urlug swung his axe with all his strength. Tyler sighed.
“Weak.”
Tyler grabbed the haft of the metal weapon, stopping the swing in its tracks. Tyler was still smiling as he twisted his hand, and bent the steel haft into a loop like it was paper. He then swung his own blade, and severed the man’s head. Tyler was whistling as he looked at the thing in the bounty HUD.
“Wow. Urlock the rapist. Reward? 700 gold. Damn. Yeah, I hate this guy. Anything else? That axe is to be presented as well for an additional 100 coins. Cool, I get to see Yoko again.”
Tyler sheathed his blade and unbent the axe as Kaori searched him. The room was deathly quiet in the face of his show of extreme strength.
“Anyone else wanna play?”
Not a sound was heard.
“Guess not. Kaori.”
“Yup.”
“Malico.”
“On it.”
Tyler picked up the head and axe as Malico used her speed to hide the ring in her pouch for later inspection. Tyler then looked to a once again white faced Verilica.
“Can we hurry this up?”
She snapped out of her stupor.
“Okay. Kaori. Your turn.”
The blonde made the sphere light up red. Malico green, Vixen, black, with the interesting development of red. Tyler tilted his head.
“Vixen, you’re a dual path too?”
She smiled as she got her medal.
“I am. I mainly use black as that was what I am most skilled in wielding.”
“Nice to see you’re not a one trick pony.”
That got a chuckle. Then Verilica spoke again to Tyler.
“Okay, can you bring up your Bestiary please?”
Tyler brought it up, and she spoke in a loud, clear voice.
“Let it be heard and known to all, our newest adventurers have slain a Greater drakolisk, a high wyvern, and have ended the lives of fifteen orcs, one stone ogre, and over a hundred men. Who is party leader.”
Tyler smiled as he spoke.
“I am. Tyler the Outcast.”
The name sent a few murmurs through the crowd. Verilica smiled.
“According to the data presented to me, Tyler here slew the Lisk nigh single-handedly, with aid from the ladies Kaori and Malico.”
Tyler shrugged.
“I was hungry.”
The room exploded into bawdy laughter at his matter of fact tone. Verilica was smiling as well.
“He has brought down evil such as Valic the butcher, Waleis the giant, Molick the Torturer, Lidir the kidnapper, and brought a coward to justice.”
Tyler got a few back thumps from the other adventurers for his claimed heads. Then a few chuckles as they felt his chainmail. Love to see their reaction if they saw it was Mythril. Verilica smiled again.
“So, we have added a Warrior and his party to our guild. How do ye respond Adventurers?”
The entire room roared en mass.
“HAIL! THE WARRIOR AND HIS PARTY!”
Tyler wriggled a finger in his ear.
“ONE yell woulda done the job!”
Another round of laughter. Verilica smiled.
“Fee is ten silver.”
Tyler tossed her the coins. Then he addressed the room.
“Okay, I need an update on the Warriors. Best person to talk to is?”
A man missing an eye spoke up.
“Turn around laddee. That Imp’s not just fer lookin at!”
That got a burst of laughter, then when it died down.
“I kinda figured that, who else will play yer mamma fer ya? Specially with THAT face.”
They lost it, including the man that was the butt of the joke. Tyler was chuckling as he lifted the head and axe off the floor before looking at Verilica. The imp smiled.
“Would you like to claim the bounty first?”
“Heads not going anywhere. We need information more.”
She had a knowing smile as she led him, and his rejoined party to a table. She took a seat as he and his friends sat around her.
“Okay. You said you wanted an update on the Warriors?”
“I did. Good, bad and ugly.”
She sighed.
“We’ll start with good. The Warrior Kazuma has been adopted into the King’s family as the next heir, to the love of capital. The boy has been fighting bandits, Orcs, and has a Wyvern to his list of deeds.”
“That bastard had better eaten that thing. All I’ll say.”
The imp had an amused smile.
“Other than that. That’s it for good. As for bad? Yalik has sent out a call for healers in the wake of a riot started by a Warrior party. The riot left several hundred injured or dead when a badly judged fireball hit a military airship’s fire powder supply resulting in a large explosion that killed all hands aboard. The elven city of TopLeaf has also issued a cry for aid after a group tore through the town on a drunken rampage. I am told the casualties are in the hundreds.”
Wulf was shaking as Verilica spoke, and Tyler looked at him.
“Is that your town?”
He shook his head.
“Not mine. My younger cousin. We’ll pass through the town to get to the capital.”
Tyler placed a hand on his shoulder.
“If the kid’s anything like you, kid’s fine. We’ll stop there to aid recovery efforts.”
Wulf forced his emotions under control.
“I’ll have faith in her.”
Tyler sighed as he patted the elf. Then he looked to Verilica. She continued.
“A group went to Dragul and left the Tailed district in ruins after a perceived slight escalated into a war in the streets.”
“Kazuma is on it, right?”
The Feral Imp smirked.
“The new crown prince has set himself up as the new viscount. Valdic Sharpspike is now the new Tailed servant.”
Malico smiled happily.
“Let’s pay the city a visit so I can piss on him.”
“I fuckin love you, Malico.”
“Another group tore through the village of Hero’s rest.”
Malico jumped.
“That’s MY village! Is everyone alright?”
Verilica sighed.
“They are. A few minor injuries, from what we heard, a boy by the name of Max pissed off a catman by the name of Houndra, who promptly threw him out on his face. The group then decided to try and set his restaurant on fire, only thing was that Houndra, who once was a fearsome adventurer in his day, had enchanted his home to reflect hostile spells back at the caster. The idiots got burned, then were humiliated when Houndra threw a certain line in their faces.”
Tyler smirked.
“Do tell.”
“Ya should try to be more like Tyler! No wonder kaori loves him so much!”
The table burst out laughing at that. Tyler kissed Kaori, just because he could.
“Jesus I wish I coulda seen his face!”
“All their faces!”
Tyler wiped his tears as Verilica continued.
“A party led by a whale named Jeanie was banished from the elven city of Torisk for setting an Inn alight, followed by using her Green spells of paralyze and poison on some of the local children.”
“Fitting for her.”
“Too fitting.”
“Another group visited a town in then western part of the country and left it with three hundred head of cattle slain in a target practicing spree. And now for Ugly. With the sole exceptions of your own party, and Kazuma, the Warriors are rapidly losing both respect, and support from all and sundry. We’re reports of rape, torture, robbery, arson, and other misdeeds on the daily. Plus the second summoning that has the world of Lectis on edge. These Warriors not being any better, and some even worse.”
Tyler sighed.
“Well, we’ll pass through a few of those places ourselves.”
Wulf nodded.
“When can we leave, Tyler?”
Tyler looked at the sky, noting it’s darkening blue.
“We’ll leave tomorrow morning, Wulf. As much as I want to get going, we cannot rush it.”
The elven ranger sighed deeply as he forced his emotions down.
“I understand. I may not like it, but I also agree.”
Tyler looked at Verilica.
“Is that it?”
She nodded.
“We got a very poor bunch of Warriors this time. Three actual Warriors out of 44? Sad.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I can kill like half myself.”
His humor died quickly.
“Okay. We need supplies, a new pair of horses and tack, a larger tent, and more skills. Let’s get this done right. We leave after breakfast is eaten.”
All heads nodded. Tyler looked to Verilica.
“Will I get updates via the HUD or do I need to visit a hall?”
“The HUD in the field. In a town or city, the hall.”
“That’s it then. Let’s move.”
Tyler and his party left to go to the Spear as Verilica returned to her booth.
“I see THAT’S the young man that terrified poor Lyrica so very badly.”
Tyler looked at Wulf.
“I’ll go turn in our newest head, take the ladies to the General goods store and start picking out stuff. I’ll meet you there.”
The Elf nodded and Tyler hefted the axe and head. The scarred man had an extra spring in his step as he moved, now knowing the time for fun had passed. We need to get to that city. And beyond. It’s gonna suck saying goodbye to Sera, Lillia and Wulf though. He sighed as he thought of their destination, sensing something bad will happen there. The Warrior entered the Spear and headed to se Yoko again. HE was whistling as he approached her window, only to see a lady placing a sword on the rack with a head on the tray. Tyler noted the sword was a black Path weapon, and decided to talk to her.
“Excuse me miss, that sword, who’d you get it from?”
The lady turned around, only for it to be, his old teacher, miss Charlotte. She stopped as she saw it was Tyler speaking to her. Charlotte was a shorter woman, with long brown hair, now nervous hazel eyes, a moderate bust, and was clad in a brown leather tunic. She started shaking so very badly when she saw Tyler’s now fearsome appearance. As he had a long sword poking from his left hip with two hilts on his right shoulder, a white bow, a set of daggers on his waist, his black leather pants, light tunic, boots carrying a massive axe and severed head. Tyler chuckled.
“Oh, Hiya Spider. You who bag?”
Charlotte did not know how to respond to Tyler’s transformation. Dear god. He looks like he was BORN here! He even looks dangerous!
“Hail! Outcast!”
Tyler looked over to a man with a large sword.
“Hail!”
Tyler was smiling as he returned the show of respect, and Charlotte was even MORE shocked by the next voice.
“Tyler! Got ANOTHER one?”
Yoko was smiling ear to ear as Tyler took his turn at the booth. Charlotte was still far too mind blown to speak, so she just watched him interact with the lady.
Tyler could plainly see the nuclear bomb that had gone off behind Charlotte’s hazel eyes, so he just decided to do his thing. Yoko was smiling as he came up to the booth.
“yup. Urlock the Rapist.”
Yoko chuckled.
“You know the drill.”
“Thanks Yoko.”
Tyler set the massive axe on the rack and the head on the tray. Then he waited patiently fro Yoko to get the nod. The Raccoon girl smiling at him.
“Where’d you bag this one?”
“He was hiding in plain sight down at the guild. I guess my sheer awesomeness was too much for him to handle.”
The lady’s tail flicked up behind her.
“I see you have admirers everywhere.”
“And some are even good looking raccoons! Hmm, must be the sword. Ladies love the sword!”
Yoko laughed as her tail waved back and forth excitedly.
“I wonder if yer companion is the jealous type?”
Tyler snorted.
“Kaori? More murder us both in the same bed in a fit of rage type. Malico would jump RIGHT in for some fun!”
Yoko blushed a little, and her tail flicked with a distinct embarrassment.
“A shame about the blonde.”
“A crying shame. Well, we’ll see. Girl’s got her eye on a particular pretty kittycat. She has fun, well,”
He leered at her.
“MAYBE we can tickle her with some good ol raccoon fur.”
Yoko was full on blushing now as they flirted. Then she got the nod.
“Okay. Your total today is…800 gold.”
Tyler added the coins to his pouch.
“Thanks Yoko. We’re leaving town tomorrow morning.”
“Awww! Booo! Your my favorite visitor!”
“Sorry. We’ll be back through sooner or later. If only to pet a sexy raccoon.”
She smiled and blushed again, with her tail going wild behind her. Tyler turned and started walking away. Happily whistling as he went to rejoin his crew.
“Tyler!”
he smiled as he looked to see Charlotte hurriedly walking towards him.
“Relearned how to speak did ya?”
She was looking at him with abject shock.
“Are you really the beaten boy that was so badly bullied in class?”
“Look, I need to meet my crew, mind if we walk and talk?”
She nodded and they went off.
“I need to get somethings from the general goods store anywhere.”
“Nifty. That’s where my crew is.”
The teacher walked right beside him as they went. She was flabbergasted by the number of people just getting the fuck out of his way on sight.
“Hail! Outcast!”
“Hail!”
Tyler would get a yell and return it reflexively like he was used to it. Everyone is SCARED of him! I mean, I heard the story of what he did to the Knight commander by I didn’t think he’d changed that much!
“So, that sword.”
She gulped.
“I got it off a bounty.”
“Did you get his Licenses?”
“I have his whole ring. I have yet to go through it.”
“Yeah, me and my crew is gonna need to look at it.”
She gulped again. Even his presence is intimidating me!
Tyler reached the store and went inside. He spotted kaori looking at grates.
“Hey, Kaori. Found a missing Spider.”
The blonde looked over to see Charlotte walking timidly behind him. Kaori sighed with disgust.
“THAT trope too?”
“Yup. She’s got a ring I need looked through, she got it off a black.”
“On it.”
Tyler left Charlotte to kaori as he walked to where Wulf was looking at a pile of supplies.
“What we got thus far?”
“Sugar, salt, some seasonings, a ten person tent, a crafting Certificate for each, a few bags of candies for Sera, extra bait for the rod, line as well, a pot, extra canteens, a tool pouch that holds stuff like rods and wood axes, and a tinderbox.”
Tyler looked at the Certificates.
“Okay. Craft. Uses Agility, perception, strength and intelligence to craft things like rope, cloth, bowstrings, and other such sundries in the field. Upgrades through usage. Good call, Wulf.”
Tyler looked to where Sera was looking at a set of traps. He walked right over and hugged her.
“See something you like?”
She giggled.
“Just wondering if we can use this.”
Tyler tilted his head as he looked at it.
“This is a fur trap, Sera.”
“A fur trap?”
“For catching things like Beaver, raccoon, rabbit sometimes, without damaging the pelt. Hmm, hey, kaori, it worth adding a few fur traps to our gear?”
The blonde was talking to Charlotte. She looked over at him.
“Not really, since we can hit a running rabbit in the eye first shot. Plus we’re not really in an area long enough to use them to their best.”
“Thanks Shadow.”
Tyler patted a crestfallen Sera.
“At least your asking the right questions. That’s a start, Sera.”
She perked right back up, and went to look at a selection of knives. Tyler then noticed Lillia looking at a set of grates for fires. Tyler walked to join her.
“Anything useful?”
“A few, more a question of which one.”
Tyler looked at the set.
“I’d pick this one, it’s tall, and has legs.”
She smiled.
“I’ll add it to the pile.”
Tyler smiled.
“Atta girl.”
“Hey, Tyler, got a map section.”
“Nice find.”
Tyler walked over to where Malico was looking at a selection of maps.

kaori had been looking at grates when Tyler came in.
“Hey, Kaori, found a lost Spider.”
She looked over to see her teacher walk in behind him like a child following her father. Wow, Charlotte don’t know WHAT to make of his transformation. She groaned.
“Not that trope too!”
“She’s got a ring I need you to go through, she got it off a black.”
“On it.”
She walked over to take care of walking the teacher through her most timid student’s transformation from beaten dog, to royal badass.
“Miss Spider! Let’s see that ring.”
The teacher timidly forked her Licenses over to the blonde with the katana.
“Kaori? Is that really you?”
She was looking at the sword toting lady like she was a new person. Kaori smiled as she knew how she looked to her. She’d clad herself in a light brown tunic without sleeves with a light mail vest underneath to allow movement, a pair of tight black pants, light boots, and on her belt was her katana and Wakizashi, with her black demon bow on her back. Her long blonde hair was in a tight pony tail and swayed when she stepped.
“In the flesh.”
Charlotte hugged her most well behaved student.
“I’m so glad your safe.”
“HA! Only one to thank fer that is Tyler.”
The teacher stepped back.
“IS that Tyler? He’s so……intense.”
They watched Tyler walk over to Wulf to get an update on supplies.
“It is Tyler. He’s come home, Charlotte. He was MADE for Lectis.”
“I ran into him at the bounty booth.”
“I’m sure he had fun flirting with Yoko. Poor girl probably needed to use the bathroom after for a little release.”
Kaori was chuckling as she spoke, getting another look of shock from the teacher. Who IS this lady? What happened to my polite, well-spoken kind hearted top student? She watched as Tyler went up, hugged the smaller girl looking at traps, only to ask Kaori for advice on the traps. Charlotte was taken aback by kaori’s rather deep knowledge.
“Thanks Shadow!”
Kaori was smiling as she looked back at the stunned teacher.
“Where did you learn that?”
“My uncles are marines. They taught me a lot about the outdoors, and now I’m our party’s expert on surviving in the wilds.”
She looked to where Vixen was looking at flay knives.
“Hey, Vixen, we need two new whetstones and a fresh set of knives!”
“Got it!”
Charlotte just watched as Tyler bounced from person to person getting updates and giving direction.
“I cannot believe the drastic transformation that boy has undergone.”
“That’s nothing. Listen to this.”


Tyler was loving the repeated bombs going off behind Charlotte’s eyes. He was now looking at maps with Malico. She had one of their route ahead.
“Whaddya think?”
Tyler looked at it.
“Hmm, it’ll fill in the area ahead pretty nicely. Good call kittycat.”
She purred as he went to see what Vixen had.
“We need two new whetstones and a fresh set of knives!”
“Got it!”
Tyler came to look at flay knives with the busty black mage. He spotted one that was perfect for trout.
He lifted it down and placed it on the counter. Then Sera came over with a Certificate.
“Whatcya got?”
She giggled.
“we can use these!”
Tyler looked at the things.
“Okay. Animal Sense. Detects all game animals in a hundred meter range. Relies on Perception. Hidden trail. Makes animal tracks appear to glow on the ground, and if uncertain of a track, adds the page to the HUD for review.”
Tyler looked at her.
“Damn, Sera. Nice find.”
He patted her and set them on the counter. She was glowing like a light. Charlotte was beside herself.
“Wait. That girl, Kaori, is that-“
Kaori planted a hand on the now startled teacher’s mouth.
“It is. Her sister is with us as well. DO NOT speak another word of it.”
Her once soft, kind voice was now hard, cold, and full of intensity. Charlotte nodded.
“Okay. You do, Tyler will take that head off.”
“You good Kaori?”
“Fine. She just thought she knew someone by the traps.”
The crew picked RIGHT up on that. The vibe in the room went from friendly work, to a now brittle calm, as if waiting for anything to break it and unleash hell itself. Tyler was heard chuckling.
“How’s her Licenses?”
Kaori flipped as Tyler gave Sera a hug.
“Got two. Another Mind and a Misery.”
“Malico.”
“Yup.”
Kaori took the licenses, as Charlotte took offense to the robbery.
“Hey! That’s MY loot.”
“So? Either cough em up willingly, or you grow a dagger out of your head. Those two ARE NOT for you.”
Tyler was smiling as he stroked a giggling Sera on her head, effectively terrifying the woman with his eyes. Malico added the things to the collection.
“How’s that ring?”
“Over half way full.”
“We’ll get another once it is full.”
“Alright.”
Tyler then looked to Wulf.
“We got what we need?”
The elven ranger nodded.
“We do. If we’re missing something, we’ll notice when we go to load up.”
“Okay. Kaori, me, Sera and Lillie will go look at a new set of horses. Wulf, head to that sword shop and see if they have any Certificates we can use, Take the others with you.”
“On it.”
Tyler looked at the shop keep.
“Total?”
The man smiled.
“100 gold on the nose.”
Tyler put the amount on the counter. The gear was placed in the new pouch, and Tyler gave it to Kaori, who stored it in her shirt. The party was split and they went to their tasks. Charlotte followed after kaori like a lost puppy.
“I need to see just how drastic the change is in him.”
Kaori smirked.
“Hey, Tyler. Wanna prove a point?”
Tyler walked right over and kissed her full on the mouth, getting a few rousing cheers and applause from the people around them, and leaving poor Charlotte with a another blown mind. Then they were moving along as kaori licked her lips as they went. Charlotte needed answers.
“How far have you gone with that boy young lady?”
Kaori chuckled.
“We sleep together a lot, no sex yet, I’m a very happy bi sexual, and we’ve bathed together a lot as well.”
“STILL pissed I slept through that show that night.”
“Relax, you know they’ll be a next time.”
“eh, Fair.”
That got a chuckle from Sera and Lillia. Charlotte was shaking her head.
“Kaori, how could you? At your age no less! What would your father think?”
“I don’t really care. He shows up, Tyler’l just kill him and be done with it.”
“Or you, if he pisses you off.”
“So true. Honestly, I’d prefer to take his head meself.”
“Only right since you suffered worse.”
Charlotte was pale.
“You’re talking about killing your own father!”
“Your point? This is MY life. Not his.”
Tyler was smiling at the look of boom on Charlotte’s face as her former well-behaved student showed she’d become a badass as well. They reached the stables, and the same Ferrier that had showed them to their stalls came running up.
“Sirrah. Here to check on your mounts?”
“Sure. More to pick out a fresh pair for these two.”
Kaori stepped up then.
“I’ll handle the dealings for the purchase.”
“I’m just here to scare people.”
That made the Ferrier laugh.
“You are at that.”
The man led them to another set of stables, and Kaori looked over the beasts. Charlotte watching her closely as Tyler and the princesses shadowed her. They were passing one stall when kaori sighed.
“Tyler, come here a sec.”
The scarred boy walked over,
“What up?”
She nodded, and he sighed. Inside was a man with a small needle about to inject the beast.
“Hey, buddy. What’s this things issue?”
The man looked over sadly.
“Thing’s got a busted leg. We don’t have any brown paths in the city.”
“I got a brown spell. I’m also a white. I got it.”
The man smiled with joy.
“Thank you, sirrah. I raised this beast since she was born.”
Tyler walked up to the animal in the lift. He looked at the leg.
“Easy girl. This is gonna tickle.”
He cast his spell and the horse neighed in relief as the pain receded and the infection cured. After, the horse nudged him affectionately.
“Ah come on now, not like I could let a gal like you down.”
The horse nickered as he patted her. Then they were moving along, Tyler refusing payment.
“You need it more an I do.”
Charlotte was amazed by both his kindness and generosity. Then kaori found a horse she liked.
“I’d like to look at her please.”
The stall boy opened the gate, and Kaori was looking the beast over. The thing was a tall creature the size of Gloss, had a shiny red coat, a thick mane of gold and a black tail that swished. Kaori smiled as she finished her look over.
“Verdict?”
She looked to Sera.
“C’mere sweetie.”
Sera came over, and Kaori had her pet the animal. The horse neighed as she leaned down to let Sera pet her head. Tyler smiled.
“I think Sera’s got a new friend.”
Kaori nodded.
“She’s a very well behaved Horse. She’ll take good care of Sera.”
“Well, long as she listens to her teacher.”
Sera was smiling.
“I will! I promise!”
Tyler smiled as he looked at the stable hand.
“You the seller?”
He smiled.
“Not me Sirrah. Martland’s the one ya want. I’ll fetch him.”
“Good lad!”
Tyler was watching as Sera bonded with her horse as Kaori looked at the one directly opposite the red hued gal. This one being a few hands taller, more a smaller version of Thunder. Tyler smiled as Kaori finished up her exam.
“verdict Miss dolittle?”
“I loved that movie. Lillia, say hi.”
The princess gulped, but tentatively pet the large horse, as Kaori patted her back.
“Relax, you being nervous is making her nervous.”
Lillia forced her nerves down to relax. Tyler looked at an impressed Charlotte.
“Kaori’s our party’s horse expert. She taught me to ride. So, we go to her for all things horse.”
“And WE go to him for all things leader.”
The unison reply making him chuckle. Then an elf with blood red hair, pale green eyes in a red tunic came over to address the group.
“Greetings Warriors. I am Martland PlainStrider. I understand your looking for new mounts?”
Kaori addressed the elf.
“We’ll take her and her.”
Tyler smiled as kaori took charge of the deal. The blonde was talking to the elf, when Tyler saw the man’s eyes Pulsate suddenly, and Kaori missed it. The blonde then seemed to get confused, and that was that.
“Hey, cheat, charm magic? Seriously?”
Tyler wacked kaori on the head, and it broke the spell. She shook her head.
“What? What just happened?”
Tyler’s eyes never left the now terrified elf.
“Bastard used a charm spell on you. Thing uses the eyes to hypnotize a target. Whether that’s an ability of his race or a skill I can’t say. Guy’s a cheat.”
The elf gulped, as Tyler walked over to him, and shoved a hand in his tunic, fished and got burned. That was all it took for Tyler to flip the now screaming elf onto his back with Oblivion under his chin.
“Kaori. His right breast pocket.”
The blonde tore open the elf’s shirt to pull a set of licenses.
“Mind Flicker. Makes the target agree absolutely to whatever the caster says. Mental haze. Disorients the target and makes them easier to manipulate. Mental nudge. Uses the caster’s own will to force the thoughts of a disoriented target. The swindler’s toolkit.”
“We’ll add them to the pile.”
A group of guards came up then, with one he knew.
“Lorgah. We really need to stop meeting like this.”
The man laughed.
“Whaddya got this time?”
“A ripoff artist with a nasty toolbox.”
Kaori showed the guard the set. He sighed.
“I see. I’d check to see if he has a bounty before we take him in.”
“Good call.”
Tyler looked at the now pleading for mercy elf.
“Let’s see if someone is missing you. Yut, let’s see…..Wallic the cheat. Wanted alive….reward alive is….50 gold, and a License? Neato!”
Tyler knocked the man out and hoisted him on his shoulder. Tyler then looked to Lorgah.
“Soo, we were going to buy some horses here, but the owner’s a rat. How does it work now?”
Lorgah chuckled.
“We’ll handle the transaction.”
Tyler waited as The girls got their new friends. Cost was 10 gold for the horses, saddles, and other tack. Sera and Lillia rode their new friends to the stables to both learn the reins, and to learn their new friends personalities. Kaori between them teaching them patiently. Charlotte still following them as she was fascinated by the boy’s transformation from meek punching bag to powerful Warrior. Tyler then thought of something.
“Hey, Spider. You live in town?”
She shook her head.
“No. I’m actually on my way to the elven city of TopLeaf. Since a group of Warriors went through and left a mess, and they sent out a call for healers, I was going to help them.”
“Why’d I even bother asking? We’re headed that way as well. Might as well tag along.”
Kaori chuckled.
“Make sure to tell her the rules of camp.”
“Rules?”
“1: You pull your weight. No work, no food. 2: As I’m the strongest member of the group, I hold the coin. Problem? Doors that way. 3. If we stay at an inn, we ALL share a room. We clear?”
Charlotte sighed.
“We are. You’ve certainly changed Tyler.”
“You ain’t seen nothing yet.”
“Wait till the bandits tomorrow.”
They reached the stables as kaori said this. As Sera and Lillia got their new horses settled, Charlotte asked the question.
“What bandits?”
Tyler smiled.
“We bait bandits for fun and practice. So, you’ll get to see me to my favorite thing.”
The boy then left the shaken teacher to go make a delivery. The girls right behind him. Charlotte hurrying after then like a child afraid of getting left behind in a large store. Yoko was sitting in her booth as Tyler came with his new catch. She smiled, and caught a look from kaori that seemed to say: If you get him BEFORE me I’ll be pissed! The raccoon girl smiled as she got the hint, AND open door after the blonde.
“Hiya Yoko. Got ya a fresh bastard.”
She leered at him.
“Show him to his new home.”
“As the Raccoon commands.”
Kaori chuckled as she too leered at the sexy raccoon lady.
“Now YOU I’m curious about.”
Yoko smiled at the beautiful blonde.
“Believe me miss, the feeling is VERY much mutual. I take it your first?”
“Uh-huh.”
“Lucky girl. Be sure to tell me!”
“Ohhh, YOU’LL take a turn, never you worry.”
The girls giggled at their lewd talk as Tyler fitted the shackles and collar on the now sobbing elf’s body. Charlotte was just shaking her head. My most well-behaved student has become a wild-hearted lady with a foul mouth, cold heart, and no modesty. Tyler walked over and patted kaori while Sera and Lillia watched.
“So, Yoko, what’s this about a License for this one?”
She smiled warmly.
“it’s a White spell. Called Holy Truth. It forces a target to tell the truth.”
“Isn’t that black territory though?”
“This one does NOT cause pain. More renders a target incapable of lying. It’s used in courtrooms for trials.”
“Nifty, but I prefer scaring the hell outta people. More fun.”
That made them chuckle. Yoko got the confirmed target.
“here’s your payment.”
Tyler smiled as he added the coins to his pouch and the License to his ring. The group left to rejoin Wulf and the others at the sword shop before they returned to the inn. They found the group looking at blades and Certificates. Tyler walked to see the small set Wulf had found.
“Whatcya got?”
“A few detection for you, a new slash for Kaori, another Farsight based one for us, and a crafting skill.”
“Nice. I’ll see if I can’t add to my own sword tricks.”
“Got a handed one that allows for a single double strength slash.”
“Yeesh, put that behind my strength?”
“Why I grabbed it. Are the girls set?”
“Yup. We got a tagalong to TopLeaf though.”
Wulf looked at the teacher staring at Tyler like a lost puppy.
“She useful?”
“Barely. She’d have just followed us regardless.”
“Ugh. Long as she doesn’t slow us down.”
“If that’s the case, she get’s left behind.”
That got a smile from the worried elf. The Warrior then noticed Vixen looking at a one handed axe.
“Hey, Vixen. Can you even use a weapon?”
The pale lady looked at him with a smirk and reached into her buckled robe to pull a similar axe out.
“I can handle myself quite well.”
“Nifty. A lady with an axe to grind.”
That made them all laugh, even Charlotte.
“Since when is Tyler funny?”
Sera chuckled as she looked at a set of daggers.
“He’s hilarious! Sometimes. Hey, Tyler, these daggers look good.”
Tyler came to see.
“Those are dirks, Sera. Basically a longer dagger, but perfect for you as a backup knife.”
She giggled as she took two.
“Can you teach me to throw them like you?”
“I can try. Malico’s the dagger expert though.”
Sera smiled at the idea of bothering the sexy cat. She went to ask her when Lillia spoke up.
“Hey, Tyler, look here.”
He looked to see the princess hefting a crossbow. He tilted his head.
“Ahh yeah, you shot at me with one o those. And Missed.”
“Prick I was wondering if I should get another.”
Tyler walked over.
“I’d recommend a good bow over a crossbow. Easier reloads and they’re faster as well.”
Lillia chuckled.
“That’s what I was thinking.”
“hey, Tyler, got another blue dagger here.”
He went to where Wulf was holding the thing.
“Nice eyes Wulf. Now I got a matching pair.”
The friends found a few more things before they ran out of ideas. Tyler paid the 2 gold price before they all returned to the inn. It was getting late in the evening when they returned to Mia’s place. They took their table, and Tyler laid out the map.
“Okay. I’d like to be at least half way to TopLeaf by tomorrow night. So, the plan is to wake up, eat, get our gear from Tolic, and we ride out. Everyone clear?”
They all, including Charlotte, nodded. Wulf had a question.
“Is it a hard ride?”
“We’ll go easy so Sera and Lillia can get comfortable with the reins. We can’t push the horses hard uphill Wulf, even I know that’s just asking to throw a rider or break a leg.”
Kaori nodded.
“Looking at how it rises, I wouldn’t go faster then a canter.”
Wulf sighed.
“I understand, and hate this.”
Tyler patted his back reassuringly.
“Have faith in your cousin, Wulf. If she’s hurt, I’ll heal her. If she’s missing we’ll find her.”
He looked at him.
“If she’s dead?”
“We hunt down those that killed her, and make them scream until we get bored.”
Wulf let out a deep breath.
“I’ll put my faith in her. And you’re right about the horses. People get hurt on this road all the time.”
Tyler snorted.
“Like Kaori would let our horses get hurt due to our own stupidity.”
That got a chuckle, and a glow from the blonde in question. Melly came over and got a hug off Tyler and Sera.
“You staying again?”
“Yup. Need two extra beds though.”
Vixen chuckled.
“I’m happy sharing.”
She leered at Tyler.
“Especially if the bedmate is…pleasurable.”
Kaori and Malico looked at her.
“His arms are taken!”
“His chest is free then.”
That got a light squeak. Tyler just laughed.
“If ANYONE gets to sleep on my chest, Kaori does. Sorry ladies, thems the brakes.”
Malico and Kaori looked at each other and smiled.
“Still the favorite.”
“How will you respond?”
“How will I indeed?”
Tyler laughed as Vixen smiled.
“I get an arm then.”
Tyler laughed again.
“I kinda feel like a piece of meat getting divided up fer dinner. Not sure why though.”
Kaori, Malico and Vixen all looked at each other, then all three lusty ladies leered at him at once. Tyler grinned right back at them.
“We’re gonna need a bigger bed. But I like where this is going.”
All of them burst out laughing as Charlotte was red in the face at their discussion. Melly giggled.
“Soo ONE extra bed.”
“Yup. Something tells me Charlotte doesn’t like to share.”
The former teacher looked at him.
“You know I can hear you, right?”
“Oh, hi Charlotte. You were so quiet I thought you went to the bathroom.”
The teacher’s eye twitched as Wulf groaned,
“No. It doesn’t stop.”
“Nor do you get used to it.”
“He’s an infuriating prick.”
All heads looked to Sera. She giggled.
“I still love him though. For SOME reason!”
Tyler hugged her as Lillia groaned as she put her head in her hands.
“She’s learning from HIM. Gods have pity on my poor soul.”
Sera giggled again.
“Gods have pity on that poor face sis!”
The table groaned as one then, as Tyler gave Sera a tighter hug.
“Atta girl!”
Malico just looked at the happily giggling girl.
“From crown princess, to wild child. Greeaat.”
The friends all got their food and were eating peacefully, when Lorgah came from the street. The guard captain spotted Tyler and headed right over to him.
“Pardon Sirrah. A letter for you.”
Tyler took the sealed thing, and nodded.
“Thanks Lorgah. How’s the searching going?”
He sighed.
“We’ve obtained hundreds of banned Licenses, wands and other things since the rule was put in place.”
“Scary. They’ve been destroyed I trust?”
“The Lady Seline is throwing the match as we speak.”
“Tell her to roast a steak over it.”
That got a chuckle.
“I shall indeed.”
“Take care big guy.”
“You as well, Sirrah.”
The man left as Tyler pulled his dagger and slit the letter. His crew were curious as he opened it. Inside was a neatly written letter that smelled faintly of saltwater.

“To the Warrior known as Tyler the Outcast. I am Viscount Lymir. I besiege your aid in my port city of Yalik. I have heard of your skills in ferreting out the unseen, and the unwanted. Please sirrah, we need your aid to stop the flow of these evils through our city. We’ll pay you well, and offer you the city as your playground if you’ll aid us. Upon this letter is a spell that will allow a direct response. Please use it.”

Tyler sighed.
“I shoulda seen that one coming. Alright, let’s see.”
He placed a thumb on the small circle and a tiny figure appeared in a blue light. The figure was a mermaid like the shop keeper, only her scales and skin were a lighter shade of blue and her rack seemed to be bigger. Tyler and Kaori looked at each other.
“Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you’re my only hope.”
“Loved that one.”
Charlotte snorted in disgust as the two spoke.
“Children.”
Tyler looked at the small figure
“You Lymir?”
The figure nodded.
“I am Sirrah.”
Even though her figure was so small, her voice was loud enough to be heard by everyone.
“I understand you need my aid in your city.”
“I do. I’ve spoken to Seline, and she says you’re the best there is for finding these things, so I ask you to help us.”
Tyler sighed as he rubbed his eyes.
“We’re on our way to meet with Tatiana. Afterwards, we’ll swing for your city. Does that sound fair?”
The relief the mermaid exuded was immense.
“Thank you, Sirrah. The entire city of Yalik and myself will be yours to play with in payment.”
“As much as I’d like to lay with a mermaid, rather it NOT be a form of payment. More fun that way. We’ll work out a form of payment once I see just how bad it is. Sound fair?”
She smiled.
“Very. We’ll expect you.”
The image vanished and Tyler sighed.
“No way we don’t get jumped by the church in that town. I’d bet gold on it.”
Kaori nodded.
“Yeah. Plus after we leave the elven kingdom, we don’t really know what our party will look like.”
That got a shocked gasp from Charlotte.
“What does that mean?”
Tyler looked at her.
“Wulf is our guide to the Elven homeland. We’re escorting Sera and Lillia to Tatiana. You’re just here to TopLeaf. Once we reach the elven kingdom, we’re not sure who’s staying or leaving.”
Wulf chuckled.
“If it’s alright, I’d like to stay.”
Tyler looked at him.
“What about your duties as Ambassador?”
The elven ranger chuckled again.
“This is just too much fun.”
Sera and Lillia spoke up next.
“I wanna stay!”
“Me too!”
Tyler crossed his arms as he looked at them.
“I want you to come as well. Problem is you can’t wield a sword or even fight.”
“Teach us!”
“Please!”
Tyler rubbed his face as he looked at kaori. The blonde smiled.
“They WOULD be a lot safer with you in yelling distance.”
Wulf burst out laughing.
“As much as I hate to admit it, she’s not wrong. I’ve seen Tyler’s stats. He’s easily the strongest human alive. Plus, with that burning library of a mind he’s got, well, GOOD luck trying to lay a finger on those girls heads.”
“Hey, look.”
Sera and Lillia were sitting with Malico between them, and the sexy cat rested a finger on their heads. Getting a loud laugh from them. Tyler sighed.
“Alright. Sera, Lillia, if you truly wish to join us, you’re going to have to kill. A lot. Can you do that?”
Sera glared at him.
“I’m MOMMA’S girl! Of course I can!”
Tyler patted her head fondly.
“Keep at it, and you’ll intimidate ME someday.”
“I’ll make you piss yourself like you did that creep!”
“Atta girl!”
Lillia looked at him.
“I’ll do what I can. I think……as far as killing goes…..I’ll need help.”
Tyler took the gentle girl’s hand.
“If you need help, we’ll do what we can. But, you’ll need to listen. Both of you.”
They both nodded. Tyler lifted his mug and so did the other members of his party.
“To the Outcasts!”
“OUTCASTS!”
They banged mugs before throwing them back. Kaori smiled.
“That our party name?”
Tyler looked at them.
“Whaddya think?”
“It suits us.”
“We’ll all Outcasts from somewhere.”
“It does have a nice ring to it.”
“Indeed.”
“A bunch of Outcasts banding together? Sounds like a hero’s tale to me.”
“Only I ain’t no hero!”
“Nope. Just my big brother!”
“And you’re my cute as hell little sister.”
“yay!”
They laughed as Sera started glowing. Charlotte just smiled at Tyler with a warm pride. That boy has finally found the place he belongs. And friends to call his own. The food and drinks vanished until Sera yawned.
“That’s the bell.”
The group agreed. Melly showed them to their room, and had imposed upon them again. Tyler was smiling at the sight of Sera and Melly curling up together on the bed. Though, when he removed his shirt. He got a loud gasp of horror from both Vixen and Charlotte. He looked at them.
“What? I get stuck?”
Kaori sighed.
“Yer scars dingdong.”
“Oh.”
Charlotte came over to rub a hand across his chest.
“This explains…..so much. I’m sorry.”
Vixen looked at him.
“What happened to you?”
Tyler shrugged.
“My family didn’t like me very much.”
Charlotte hugged him.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t know.”
Tyler hugged her back as he patted her head.
“Only Kaori knew how bad it was.”
She sniffed, and looked at him.
“I see. So THAT’S why you’re so strong here.”
Tyler snorted.
“I was always strong. Had to be to keep the Monster under control. That world had no use for my kind of strength though.”
Charlotte rubbed his chest again, feeling the lines.
“What’s the Monster?”
“My split. The personality that absorbed all the pain, hate and rage. It was slowly killing me, so me an it worked out a deal. We merge once again. It gets set free, and I get my full strength back.”
Charlotte just hugged him again.
“You are the strongest person I know.”
“That’s what they tell me.”
“Don’t get arrogant.”
“Yes ma’am.”
That got a soft chuckle as Tyler was released. He laid in the bed, Kaori on his chest, Malico his right arm, Vixen his left.
“Everyone comfy?”
A tired yes.
“Goodnight ladies. And elf.”
“Fuck you.”
“Not into dudes. We talked about this.”
“Kaori?”
She smacked Tyler tiredly.
“Thank you.”
The room chuckled a little before they went to sleep.
DAYS UNTIL WAVE: 61


Tyler opened his eyes to see kaori sound asleep above his face. The beautiful blonde was smiling in her sleep, and Tyler smiled as he kissed her awake. She was still smiling as she opened her green eyes.
“Good morning my love.”
Kaori gave a little gasp,
“I love you too. That an only morning thing?”
he kissed her.
“More, an I love you thing.”
She licked his teeth through his kiss.
“Smooth bastard.”
“Blonde heartstopper.”
She just smiled and kissed him again. Then he looked to his left to see Vixen flat on her back, the pale skinned lady still sound asleep. Her massive rack rising and falling with each breath. Kaori looked at him.
“How will we escape?”
“I got this.”
He hugged her, and used his extreme strength to set her silently on the floor over a deeply asleep Malico. She was standing, and watched as Tyler ghosted his way to stand beside her. The duo dressed and left without a sound. They walked down the stairs giggling at their successful escape. AS they sat at their table kaori looked at him.
“I didn’t know you could be so sneaky. Sleeping in bed with three gorgeous women, and then sneaking out of the bed with one!”
Tyler smiled.
“well, kaori, I have OTHER sneaky tricks I can play.”
“Oh?”
She placed her elbows on the table and rested her head on her hands to look at him.
“Do tell.”
He mirrored her posture.
“I can lift you up, without waking you, and place you somewhere else entirely.”
“Do that to Malico. Watch her wake up confused.”
“I can strip you naked in your sleep, without waking you.”
“Do NOT to that to me.”
“Understood.”
They laughed as Mia brought them some coffee.
“I got a notice this morning. Yer weapons and armour are ready for pickup.”
“Thanks Mia.”
The burly lady smiled as she left the duo. Tyler pulled the map out as Charlotte came down yawning.
“Mornin teach. Coffee’s ready.”
“I heard Wulf got ten pounds of beans and a brewer.”
“Good call.”
Charlotte took her morning joe and watched Tyler looking at the map.
“What are you looking for?”
“More relooking. I’ll go over everything until we actually get there and past.”
Kaori smiled fondly.
“Man’s a cautious one. Every morning, he’s always first up. Watch the morning after we make camp. He’ll have the fire going, food cooking, and that map out looking ahead while on watch. He never stops either.”
Charlotte watched him trace the indicated route, pause at spots, go into thought, before moving along. Once he finished his first trace, he’d go right back again and go over it again.
“At it again I see.”
Tyler looked to see Wulf walking to join the table.
“Always at it. I got the word from Tolic. Gear’s ready for pickup. I’ll toss him a few extra coins, just to make the point.”
Wulf smiled.
“A wise adventurer knows a good smith when he meets one.”
“And ain’t no smith better an a dwarven smith.”
That got a chuckle. The next to arrive were Vixen and Malico. The two ladies sitting across from Tyler and Kaori.
“Sneaky you two.”
“Most impressive. Sneaking out of bed with ladies either side of you.”
Tyler shrugged.
“I’m good at what I do.”
They smiled as Sera, Melly, and Lillia all came down rubbing sleep from their eyes.
“Morning ladies.”
They grumbled as they drank their coffee. Tyler smiled sadly.
“Sera, Tolic’s gear is ready. Say goodbye to Melly.”
The girl hugged her friend.
“We’ll be back soon.”
Melly hugged her tightly.
“Course you will!”
The sight made everyone feel warm. After the food was eaten and paid for, Tyler bid farewell.
“Bye Elirch! Watch out for heffers with swords! Keep Melly safe Mia!”
The inn keepers watched them head off to Tolic’s smithy. Melly fighting hard to not burst out into tears. Mia smiled as she lifted her daughter up.
“It’s okay to shed tears for a friends departure. They’ll be back.”
Melly hugged her mother.
“Of course they will. Sera’s my sister!”

Tyler had Sera’s hand, as the small princess was sniffing.
“You okay?”
“Just sad. I know we’ll see them again, but still.”
Tyler patted her head.
“I get it.”
They entered Tolic’s shop to find the dwarf waiting behind his counter.
“Welcome laddee and Lasses! I got your gear ready to go!”
Tyler nodded to Malico and Kaori.
“Please help the girls get properly dressed.”
That got a chuckle as the two women took them into a corner. Tolic passed Tyler a small bundle.
“This is your sword.”
Tyler unwrapped the thing, and smiled. The sword was 4 feet long, blood red, and leaf shaped. Tyler grinned as he drew the thing and drew Oblivion.
“Oblivion AND Oathkeeper. A powerful duo.”
Tyler twirled the blades, and sheathed them over his shoulders. Gleipnir’s hilt was just above Oblivion’s hilt. Tyler then looked at the girls swords. Both were blood red, 4 and a half feet long, and slightly curved. They had a feel of elegant danger. Whereas his screamed elegant death. Their bows were simple metal bows with the same blood red color. Tyler smiled widely as he saw them.
“These fit them perfectly.”
Tolic chuckled.
“Like I said. A dwarf at a forge.”
Sera and Lillia came back then. The two princesses had discarded their green gowns for a more road appropriate outfit. Sera had on a tight fitted tunic of deep green with her sleeves removed, a pair of riding leathers the hugged her legs like jeans and a pair of hiking boots. Around her waist was a belt with notches for knives and pouches. Her long black hair had been pulled back into a tight ponytail like Kaori’s. Lillia had opted for a Tunic of blue, sleeves removed as well, with black leathers and boots. Her hair also in a ponytail. Tyler nodded at the road ready girls.
“Nice to see the princesses looking like ladies for once.”
Lilli and Sera looked at each other.
“Is…that supposed to be a complement?”
“I think so. But why do I feel like he just insulted us too?
Kaori sighed.
“He did. Both.”
“oh.”
“Jerk.”
“Love you too Sera.”
“Yay!”
Tyler then lifted their weapons and belted it around their waists. Though Sera had other ideas.
“Across my back like you!”
Tyler smiled warmly, as did everyone in the room. Afterwards, Sera looked like a rather fearsome fighter in her right. The bows and quivers were next. Once their gear was comfortable, Tyler at them.
“Last step. Ladies, what are their names?”
Sera had a twinkle in her eye as she drew her sword.
“My sword is Lionheart. My bow is Demonshot!”
Tyler laughed as Tolic used his reblacking skill to engrave her weapons with the names.
“Fine names, Sera. Lillia?””
The older sister smiled.
“The sword is Dusk. My bow is Daybreaker.”
“Again. Fine names.”
Tyler smiled as he looked to Tolic.
“These are fine weapons.”
Tyler placed another 50 gold on the counter.
“Curious to see what you can do next time.”
Tolic saw his ploy, and appreciated it.
“As am I.”
“One question.”
Tolic saw a look of curiosity.”
“Sure lad.”
“What’s Oblivion made of?”
Tolic snorted.
“Oblivion is made of the scales of a high grand dragon. Just under Mythril in strength.”
“Really? Neat. Thanks Tolic.”
The dwarf lifted two full quivers of drakolisk scale arrows.
“here’s the leftover scale.”
Tyler smiled widely as they added them to their own. As they’d found larger quivers in Sylvina’s shop. Now properly kitted out, the party left after saying their farewells. Tyler loved how it felt to have hilts over each shoulder. Sera and Lillia walking along beside him, Sera’s sword poking over her won shoulder. Charlotte was now more observing Tyler’s change, and seeing just how deep it ran. They arrived at the stables, and saddled their horses. Charlotte was amazed by the size of Tyler’s horse.
“That’s your horse?”
“His name’s Thunder.”
“Fitting.”
Vixen’s horse was also impressive. As she was the same size as Thunder, with a far blacker coat, longer tail and thicker mane. The horses were readied, and Tyler gave the Ferrier 20 silver. The man understanding the gesture. Tyler had his band surround Sera and Lillia as they learned to ride, with kaori right beside them, guiding them as they went. Charlotte watched as people moved out of the way of the group, sometimes with fear, others awe at the sight Tyler made, with his three sword hilts and white bow making him look both imposing and fearsome. To think that a boy that would let others bully him all day long would now command such respect and fear people just get the hell out of his way on sight. The wallgates blew trumpets as they left.
“Hail! The OUTCASTS DEPARTURE! FAREWELL!”
“HAIL!”
The entire wall roared as one at the exit of Tyler and his crew. Tyler just smiled as they stepped up their pace to a light canter, both to preserve the horses, and give the girls their lessons safely. Tyler was in the lead with Wulf to his right pointing the way, Malico his left, behind him was Sera, behind her was Lillia, Beside her was kaori, and on their others side was Vixen, and bringing up the rear was Charlotte. The teacher finding that riding with the group was a little exhilarating. If this is how they’ve been living since they got here, I like it! The group rode along for several hours, by which point, Sera and Lillia had gotten the hang of riding. The road and landscape went from gently rolling plains to more hills and dales, with large rock outcrops everywhere. Tyler sighed.
“Slow it down. This reeks of ambush.”
Wulf was right there with him.
“This is a known place for bandits to hide.”
Tyler and his crew slowed to an easy walk.
“Charlotte. Watch the rear. You get hit, scream.”
“Prick.”
“Atta way teach.”
They chuckled, as They played out their plan for baiting bandits. Relaxing and ignoring their surroundings. Tyler had out a dagger and was honing it, as the ladies chatted. Tyler smiled as he spotted a set of shapes on top of a hill. He started whistling like he hadn’t a care in the world, and his friends picked right up on it. Tyler was still whistling as an Arrow bounced off his chainmail under his shirt. The group stopped, as if confused, while Charlotte was indeed confused why they were stopping instead of running. A group of twenty appeared in front, with ten behind them. Tyler smiled at Wulf.
“Wanna take the front as the ladies play behind?”
There was a nod, as a man came forward with a long spear.
“Hand over your women.”
Tyler flipped his dagger into the man’s throat. He was then out of his saddle drawing Gleipnir in the blink of an eye. Wulf right beside him as Kaori charged the ten in the rear with Malico sniping would-be archers off the hilltops. All told. 40 men for a single raid. Tyler swung his blade ablaze with his twin paths, and carved three before following through with a rotating slash that suckered four more in for a cleaving.
“I got 7, Wulf!”
“Asshole! I got 5!”
Tyler then held his blade close and spun a circle, dropping a set of five, as blood spattered all over the place. The last fell to Wulf’s blade, leaving one survivor.
“Ladies?”
“Dead!”
“Clear!”
“get to it!”
The group then descended upon the fallen like vultures to carrion, searching for loot. Charlotte could not believe what she had just witnessed. A bandit party of 40, wiped out in a matter of minutes, without a scratch. The teacher hopped off her horse to see what Tyler and Wulf were going to do with the one survivor. Tyler smiled as he pulled his dagger.
“Wonder if they’re smart this time?”
“They’re bandits.”
Tyler crouched to look the terrified man in the eye.
“Where’s your camp?”
“Like I’ll tell you.”
Tyler stabbed him in the knee, getting a scream of agony.
“right here asshole. Where is it?”
The man tried to resist, but Tyler twisted the blade slowly, all the while glaring at him with his demon glare. It broke him. HE tossed a map, and the chant.
“Please! Lemmee go”
“How many men?”
“40.”
“Mages?”
“None.”
Tyler twisted the knife, getting another scream.
“Our leader hates mages! No magic!”
“Leader have a bounty?”
“He does! His name’s Wallio the Defiler!”
“traits?”
“Tall, and wields a massive mace.”
Tyler looked to Wulf.
“He speaks truth.”
Tyler knocked him out, and tossed him to the side of the road.
“Ladies! Anything?”
“A few Licenses.”
“Of those?”
“Already added.”
“Atta cat. Results!”
“50 silver, 20 copper. A few Licenses, nothing good, and a poison.”
“Alright. We got a camp to hit. You know the drill.”
Tyler opened his map, and the new area was filled in, and Wulf took one look and laughed.
“Idiots. I know that spot well.”
“Weak points?”
“Plenty.”
“You’ll be with me, Kaori, and.”
Tyler looked to his crew,
“Just us. I want at least one of my mainstays with the newcomers. Sorry you keep getting left out Malico.”
The catgirl chuckled.
“It’s okay. I’ll teach Lilli and Sera some things while you go play.”
“You tortured him.”
All heads looked to a now pale Charlotte. Tyler smiled.
“I did. Now, get over it, NOW, or get left behind. Make a call.”
The others all mounted up to head for the camp. Tyler with Wulf pointing out the way in the lead. Charlotte got on her horse too, and followed, more on autopilot, as she struggled to process the fact that Tyler had just mercilessly, and with terrifyingly efficient methods, interrogated a man by means of torture, without hesitating. She looked at him as the elven ranger showed them to a spot out of sight of the camp. The friends dismounted, as Tyler dropped a water spell, Water barrier that would shield the ladies from harm. Tyler readied his bow, daggers, and blades. Charlotte spoke up.
“I want to help!”
“No.”
She was taken aback but his utter refusal
“I can fight!”
“You’d just get in our way. Wanna help? Stand guard here.”
Charlotte was adamant.
“I am going with you!”
Tyler walked over, and slapped her across the face. Hard.
“You. Will stay. Here. Say anything other then okay and I’ll just kill you now.”
She had tears in her eyes.
“Why?”
“Lady, you just sat on your horse and let US do the fighting. You’re a Warrior like me and Kaori, yet you did nothing. I do not trust you enough to place my life in your hands, or any of theirs. Now. Sit down. Shut up. And be a good damsel in distress.”
Charlotte just looked at him, then Vixen spoke up.
“Allow me to join the fun.”
“Sure. Kinda curious what a black mage can do.”
The mage smiled as they left to go level the camp. Charlotte made as if to follow, only for Malico to grab her.
“I see why he doesn’t trust you now. If you follow, he WILL kill you. Actually, keep trying and I will myself.”
The now trembling teacher looked at the sexy catgirl.
“It’s 50! Against four! It’s suicide!”
Malico, Sera and Lillia laughed.
“Tyler might actually get a moderate workout.”
“Yeah. He can handle fifty by himself.”
“Plus he’s got Kaori with him.”

Tyler and his raid team moved silently towards the camp. Tyler with his bow, Kaori hers, Wulf his repaired one, and even the black mage Vixen had a bow. They followed the elven ranger as the man led them up a rocky hillside. As they crested the hill, the camp came into view. The bandits had built it around a set of stone pillars, setting wooden barricades up in the gaps. Tyler and his team went flat.
“I’m gonna use LongSight.”
They nodded. Tyler blinked, and his vision zoomed in like a sniper scope to scan the camp.
“They’ve got lookouts there, there and there. An alarm, and what.”
Tyler zoomed in further, and sighed.
“Fuck. We’ve got captives in play.”
Wulf looked at him.
“How many?”
Tyler scanned the camp.
“Just the one, thankfully. Little elven girl. They got her locked in a cage of wooden rods chained to it.”
“Elven? Description, please.”
“Hmm, She’s got your complexion, dark hair red eyes, pale skin, her ears are rather pointy though, same angular features. Alright. The girls the priority. We secure her, kill them all. Wulf, you okay?””
The elven ranger sighed.
“I’m pissed. But I’ll kill the bandits first.”
“Leader’s mine.”
“Deal.”
Vixen smiled.
“What’s my role to play?”
“You have illusions right?”
“A few.”
“Scare em shitless. We’ll mop.”
She nodded.
“Alright, break.”
The party moved in like shadows. Tyler using his sight to take out the lookouts without a sound. They reached the wooden wall, and Wulf led them around to another hidden tunnel. Tyler still had his bow out, and now he swapped it for his dagger. The Warrior right behind Wulf as the Mountain elf led their war group through the crack. Tyler with an eye on Wulf. I am willing to bet gold that poor elf is his cousin. Let’s hope he don’t lose it. The reached the exit, as a man with a large bow came strolling by. Tyler smiled as he ghosted out behind the unsuspecting man, locked off his windpipe, and stabbed him twice in the heart before the kidney with all the sound of a shadow. This time, however, Tyler dragged the corpse into the crack, leaving not even a drag mark in the dirt. Then the hunt was on. Tyler dropped the man by the lookout tower, as they moved along the outskirts of the camp, laying the ones alone or on the edge low. Tyler dropped the number in camp by ten, and then it went to shit. As a loud squeal was heard, followed by the sight of the elven girl being dragged to a large tent by a tall man with a mace on his belt.
“Nu-uh. Go.”
Tyler and his team were NOT letting that poor girl get raped. Tyler drew Oblivion and Oathkeeper and surged to slice the man’s legs out from under him, only to impale his head under the chin.
“Form four square around the girl!”
The elven girl went wide eyed with shock at the sight of the Warrior party that just magically appeared. Then Wulf appeared.
“Uncle Wolf!”
Tyler and Kaori groaned internally. Not THAT one too! Wulf hugged the small bundle, as she was barely taller then Tyler’s thigh. Tyler sighed as they got surrounded.
“I got this. Kaori. I’ll introduce them to the Demon.”
Kaori smiled widely.
“Vixen. Wulf. You’re in our party now. Pay close attention, as Tyler’s going to show you his TRUE ace.”
The elf and black mage looked on curiously as Tyler smiled darkly.
“Demon’s Wrath.”
Tyler just vanished from sight, and the first ten men became a mere mist. Wulf’s eyes went as wide as saucers at the sight. Vixen was in no better shape. All they could see, was a mere blur as Tyler left bodies in pieces as his secret weapon was unleashed in full.
“What the hell did he do?”
Kaori was smiling as the bandits screamed in terror as Tyler moved among them like a wolf in the hen house.
“That’s his special ability: Demon’s Wrath. When active, all his stats get boosted by a hundred, spells cost nothing, do not require a chant, and are twice as powerful. It’s only good for ten minutes though, and after it runs out, he’ll flop on his back and be useless for a few minutes.”
Wulf looked at her.
“Is that the only trick I have yet to hear of?”
“Well, not really. You thumped his back. You know that chainmail?”
Wulf watched as Tyler made another group turn into paste.
“I do, what of it?”
“Mythril.”
Both just looked at her.
“I’ll need to see it myself.”
“As will I.”
“We also found Vernillionia’s body. We got his ring, crown and last will in the same pouch as the Licenses.”
This time the looks of shock and disbelief were so extreme, Kaori laughed. Wulf then looked to where Tyler was slicing the head off the last man.
“He holds the power to become king at will.”
“He does. But he doesn’t want it.”
Vixen was taken aback.
“But just think of the good he could do on the throne!”
Kaori smiled as she hugged the elven girl.
“He doesn’t care. I am his priority, he’s said this multiple times. He wants no part in ruling. All he wants, is to keep me safe, and live life.”
Vixen’s jaw stiffened.
“He found the King’s body! He’s obligated to help, specially since he’s as strong as he is!”
“No I’m not.”
Tyler was standing beside her. Every bandit dead on the ground. Tyler smiled as he fell onto his back panting.
“I…am…NOT…..obligated to do ANYTHING. But fight the waves.”
Tyler drank a potion, and was back to normal, even if he looked like he took a bloodbath.
“I don’t need to do anything besides fight waves. And protect kaori. Try to play that card Vixen, and since you now know a party secret, I won’t ditch you, I’ll just kill you and loot your corpse.”
Wulf sighed.
“I see now. Kazuma.”
“Bingo. Plus leverage with the court.”
Vixen blinked.
“You mean to say, that in the event of a potential royal degree, you’ll use it to force your way?”
“Yup. And set up Kaori’s brother high king.”
Vixen looked at him.
“You indeed to replace a puppet with your own.”
“Sure. Only thing we want, is to just do our own thing. We’ll bail them out during the waves. After we kill the last monster, get paid, we take the fuck off to go wherever the fuck we will.”
Vixen gazed into his eyes.
“I see now what kind of man you are. You turn your back on those that need you most to play adventurer-“
“Okay, I’mma stop you there.”
Kaori was sighing.
“Vixen. WE need him the most. It is NOT our job to babysit the kingdom. They brought us here against our will, and expect us to die for them? Just like that? No. Just no. We’ll fight for them, but only the bare minimum required. You’ve agreed to join our party, keep trying to force it, and I’ll LET him kill you.”
Vixen hung her head.
“I see the stories of the Warriors being forces for good were all false. Even Tyler, who’s being hailed a Rogue Hero, is no hero. Just a boy with a selfish attitude.”
“You act shocked, Vixen. But, haven’t we been TELLING you this? Like since you tried to join?”
She sighed, her voice full of melancholy.
“I have no choice. I can’t leave your party for fear of death or worse. And if I try to spread the word that we have a true king with the means, I die. Now I regret joining your party.”
Tyler smiled.
“You’ll get over it.”
She snapped at him.
“What gives you the right to turn your back on the people of this kingdom? They NEED YOU!”
“Okay. Sit down, shut up. And listen.”
The group relayed their story of their summoning, betrayal, escape, and Dragul. Afterward, Vixen sighed.
“I understand better. Very well. I’ll let this lay for now.”
“It comes up again, your heads on the ground.”
She glared at him.
“At least let me confirm what you are with my own eyes before condemning me!”
Tyler and his two friends laughed.
“Sure. I mean I been tellin you.”
“She’ll learn.”
“If not, well, she knows.”
Tyler smiled now.
“Alright. Let’s get to work.”
Tyler and Wulf looked to the elven girl, as a disgruntled Vixen and kaori began looting. Tyler sat in the dirt as the girl gaped at him, while Wulf sat beside him.
“Uncle Wolf?”
The elf smiled.
“Hey there, Lily. Are you okay?”
She gulped.
“They….had me. Before you got here.”
Tyler sighed, as Wulf hugged the small girl.
“Well, they’re dead now.”
Wulf was hugging the small bundle tightly, feeling her own wounds and lines.
“Heal her.”
“C’mere sweetie.”
The girl looked at the Warrior reaching towards her. She screamed in fear.
“Uncle Wolf! Don’t let that Warrior touch me please!”
She buried her face in the ranger’s chest, sobbing hard. Wulf hugged her.
“It’s okay, Lily. You can trust this one. Kinda.”
She looked at him with massive red eyes.
“Kinda?”
“He’s a prick. But okay. I trust him.”
“Thanks I think?”
“Shove it.”
Lily sniffed, and looked to Tyler.
“I won’t hurt you, miss. I do your scary uncle will shove an arrow up my ass.”
That got a giggle.
“See? I’m a white pather and a blue pather.”
She gasped.
“A white and blue?”
“He is, Flower.”
Lily gulped, but trusted her uncle as Tyler sat her in his lap.
“prepare for a tickle. Holy Relief.”
The elven girl was bathed in a blue and white light as her wounds and injuries were healed, and the mild infection she had as well. She was giggling the whole time like she was being tickled by the magic. After, she hugged Tyler.
“Thank you for rescuing me.”
Tyler hugged her back.
“Like I’d leave a pretty elf with these losers.”
She giggled again as Wulf poked her.
“Lily, can you tell me how you got here?”
She turned around and sat in Tyler’s lap.
“When the Warrior party came through, I was walking home when a tall man called Max grabbed me and dragged me to an alley. He took my first, and threw me on a horse with his friends, Zack and Justin. They all had their way with me until three days ago, when they sold me to this camp.”
She was dry-eyed as she relayed the horrors to the pair. Tyler hugged her.
“Wulf. Remember the third thing I suggested?”
The elf was furious.
“I do. And agree.”
“Alright. Lily, we’ll hunt these bastards into the ground.”
She looked up and smiled.
“They sucked. No wonder momma likes women.”
Tyler burst out laughing at this girl’s words. Wulf just felt an immense pride from his brave cousin Tyler patted her hair.
“It’s why I like girls too. Dudes suck. And you’re a very brave girl, Lily. Nice to see that Wulf ain’t the only one with a spine in the family.”
The little elven girl snorted.
“He’s got nuthin on me!”
“Atta girl! Hey, Wulf. Sera’s gonna lose it when she meets her new friend.”
The ranger smiled.
“That she will.”
Tyler then looked at the girl’s clothes.
“Yeah, we need to get you a better outfit. You cute an all, but save the goods.”
She giggled, as her small dress was in tatters. Tyler had the small girl sit on his shoulder as kaori and Vixen came over to the grim-faced men. The blonde sighed.
“How bad?”
“The three stooges raped her repeatedly before selling her here.”
“Jesus Christ. We ARE killing them, right?”
“Damn straight we are. Results?”
Kaori heled up a few Licenses.
“Four duplicates or those. Some other blacks, Vixen took em, 20 gold, 50 silver, and 100 copper.”
“Plus that bastards head and mace. Okay. Kaori, you’re pretty good with needle and thread, care to make Lily here half-way decent?”
“Hey! I look good! Men. No appreciation for pretty.”
“I dunno, kaori’s pretty, and I appreciate her.”
Lily looked at Kaori with a very critical eye.
“Okay, you got me there. She’s very pretty. Long as you know she’s too good for you, we’ll get along just barely.”
Tyler and Kaori burst out laughing at the small girl’s fiery spirit. Tyler then lifted her down to look into her eyes. Lily was confused.
“Why are you looking at me like that?”
“Just reading your eyes, Lily. Wow Kaori, she’s fine.”
Kaori smiled as Tyler explained his trick.
“I can read people’s eyes like a book, lily. Not many girls can go through what you did without some form of pain, mental anguish or other trauma. Some up an kill themselves. I was just seeing if you’re really okay.”
She smiled.
“I was raised by Momma. She always told me that sometimes bad things happen, and we get hurt. Only thing to do is grit your teeth and bare it, as sooner or later even worse will befall those that do the evil. And look what happened. They hurt me, and a Demon came to visit. I’m safe and they died screaming. So, I won.”
Tyler just hugged her,
“I can’t wait to meet your Momma. Something tells me, we’re gonna get along just okay.”
Kaori smiled as they returned to their friends, their new travel mate riding Tyler’s shoulder like a bird. Wulf was smiling as well at his little niece’s strength.
“I see Willow raised you well, Lily.”
Lily was giggling like mad as Tyler was tickling her feet.
“Momma don’t take no shit from no one. Her daughter is just as fierce!”
“I’ll be sure to hide my daggers.”
“Keep spoiling me and you’re safe.”
Tyler just laughed.
“She raised an extortionist, Wulf. An a dangerous one at that!”
The group was laughing as they returned to the horses. Malico was showing Sera and Lillia how to throw daggers, as Charlotte watched. Tyler called out to them.
“Ladies, we got a passenger!”
They looked over, and saw the elven girl in the tattered dress. Sera squealed.
“She’s sooo pretty!”
Tyler smiled as he set the elf on her feet, only for her to be nearly throttled by Sera’s hug.
“I’m Sera!”
Lily hugged the taller girl.
“Lily. I can’t breathe!”
Sera let her go, as Lily smiled at her.
“So, you’re a princess?”
Sera hugged her again.
“Uh-huh! And an adventurer too!”
Tyler looked to the others.
“Four duplicates. Malico.”
“On it.”
“How bad was it for her?”
Tyler looked right at Charlotte.
“Max, Zack and Justin kidnapped her, raped her repeatedly, and sold her to that camp. They’re on our hitlist now.”
Malico hugged the smaller girl, getting a giggle.
“Your boobs are better then Mommas’!”
Tyler and his friends smiled as Malico purred.
“Aww, thank you!”
Tyler sighed.
“Alright, ladies and Wulf. Mount up. Lily, pick who you wanna ride with.”
The small elven girl looked at Wulf. He smiled.
“Of course Flower.”
Tyler tied the man’s head and mace to Thunder as they all mounted. Then they were off along the road, with fifty corpses now left to rot as the first of the scavengers arrived.

Tyler and his team rode along at a decent clip, as the road became now hilly and rocky. Tyler had his bow out as he used his perception to scan the road for Silisks and more bandits. The party rumbled along, making great time by the time they stopped fro lunch. Making a meal of bread, berries and peanut butter washed down with water. As they ate, a shadow passed overhead. They looked up, expecting an airship, Nope.
“By the gods. A high dragon.”
Tyler was awestruck by the sight. The beast was easily 200 feet long, with a 400 foot wingspan. The things scales were a deep blue, and reminded Tyler of Saphira from a movie he saw once. The thing’s claws were 6 feet long, and a single tooth the size of Sera herself! Tyler and his party were stricken with awe at the sight. Tyler then used Longsight to get a closeup of it’s head. The thing having a more T-rex head then the more crocodile jaw of the lisk they’d killed. And it’s eyes were deep blue as well with a long black slit. As Tyler looked, the eye moved to look him in the eye, and Tyler tilted his head, as if to say, what? The dragon then tilted on it’s wingspan to turn. Wulf gulped.
“Tyler, what’d you do?”
“The hell makes you think I did something?”
The dragon glided towards them, as Wulf got up to run, Tyler grabbing his ankle.
“Dude, it’s not out to kill us.”
The elven ranger looked at him.
“What can you be so sure?”
“it was, we’d be dead by now.”
Wulf went white as he realized he was right.
“What we do?”
“Sit down, and hope it’s just curious. Not even I can even scratch that thing, and demon’s wrath is used up for today.”
The elf gulped again, but sat back down as then massive creature neared. It’s wing beats sounding like thunder with each clap.
“Kaori, keep the horses from bolting.”
“I’ll try.”
The blonde went to calm the now nervous animals as the dragon landed by their spot with a earthshaking thud. Tyler reached into a pouch, and placed a pile of sapphires on the ground between them and the blue dragon as a means of offering. Tyler then backed away as the beast fixed him with a gaze only a dragon possessed. It’s breathing like a deep rumble of thunder then a mere animal.
“What is the meaning of the stones?”
The thing spoke in a voice that reminded Tyler of a roiling ocean waves. Tyler replied in a firm polite tone.
“An offering, as we do not wish to die this day. Unless I am mistaken, do dragons not like precious stones?”
The dragon leaned closer, fixing Tyler with an eye 5 feet across.
“You are very wise to offer this to me. I sense the blue path within you. It is of a power I have not seen in many centuries.”
Tyler held his ground, as the beast placed the stones with a long forked tongue into a pouch under it’s belly. The dragon noted this as well.
“I would not recommend it, boy.”
“Wasn’t gonna. Was curious if you would eat them or had another spot.”
The dragon tilted it’s own massive head.
“A Warrior. I see.”
Tyler then found himself staring into the beast’s eye again.
“I can also sense the sword on your back.”
“I’d ask you to keep it a secret, please. We’re not really ready to play that card.”
The dragon snorted with amusement, and it was like a hurricane force gust.
“Wise indeed. I am not interested in the woes of men, have no fear young one.”
“THAT’s a relief. So dragonkin can ID this thing at a glance. Somehow I think that’ll come back to haunt us, but not the issue right now.”
“What is the issue then?”
“Why’d you bother with us? We can’t scratch you, if that belly is an indicator, you’re recently fed, and you didn’t seem bored up there. So why bother with ants?”
The dragon laughed, and it sounded like rocks falling of a cliff.
“A very interesting boy with a familiar sword, a gaze that even intimidates me, was resting on the side of the road with a pair of princesses, a cat, a pair of elves, a mouse, and that haloed thing. Plus, as I am a blue dragon, I could sense the Blue within you.”
“Hmm, did the paths come from dragons?”
The dragon blinked, surprised.
“A very astute question. Very surprising coming from a mere human, Warrior or not. They did indeed come from my kind. As a gift to the world in the long forgotten past. It was freely given as a sign of good faith.”
“And look what happened.”
The dragon laughed again.
“Indeed look what happened. Humans have nearly ruined the world more times then the rest of the races combined.”
“Should see our world. Kinda planet wide sport.”
“Humans ruin everything they touch.”
“testify dragon brother.”
Tyler’s friends were just gaping at him bantering with a high dragon. The dragon laughed again.
“Boy, you are a most interesting lad. Where are you headed?”
“To see the elf queen. We found a set of banned spells and are headed to warn her.”
“I see. Which ones?”
“Malico.”
The cat gulped, and timidly came forward with the ring as Tyler explained.
“I’m also of the White. As such, I can’t touch these without getting burned, as they’re of the evil side of black. And that still sounds more racist then I’d like.”
The dragon snorted as Malico showed the magnificent beast the group’s collection. The dragon blinked at some of them.
“I see the church of humans lied to us all.”
Tyler patted the scared cat reassuringly.
“Everyone hates them. Though, just for the sake of clarity, I’d like to make a point.”
The dragon’s eye lit with a fire.
“That is?”
Tyler glared at the dragon with his entire force.
“The pope will die BY MY HAND. I will be the one THAT TEARS HIS WORLD APRT OUT FROM UNDER HIM. HIS HEAD IS MINE TO TAKE.”
His friends watched as the dragon shuddered under the force of the boy’s gaze, and Wulf went pale.
“He just made a high blue dragon shudder with a single look. Gods help us all.”
The dragon recovered, and laughed approvingly.
“THAT’S how it SHOULD be! A Warrior with a damn spine NOT made of jelly! Well done lad, you just scared a high dragon with a mere look! I have not felt such fear in a thousand years.”
Tyler smiled.
“I just scared a dragon shitless? Peaked.”
The dragon had his head up as he roared with laughter at this most strange human. Tyler just smiling as well, loving his first conversation with a legendary dragon. The beast got his mirth under control to look at Tyler, a look of approval in the beast’s eyes.
“At last this world might be fun again. Now, I see a question in your eyes.”
“Just wondering, that since I’m blue and white, and white makes other blues useless against me, if your breath attack falls under that category.”
The dragon laughed again as his friends went pale.
“An interesting question. I see you’re already planning on challenging me.”
“What proper Warrior WOULDN’T leap at the chance to challenge a dragon? But, we’ll wait until it’s a proper fight, and NOT just an execution.”
The dragon bared his teeth in what appeared to be a smile.
“I have not seen fire like this in a thousand years. You’re going to shake this world to it’s core, lad.”
“Or burn it to the ground to roast a steak. Depends how I feel in the morning.”
The dragon laughed again.
“Oh I like this one. Okay boy, open your HUD. I’ll grant you a boon, in honor of the first Warrior in a thousand years to scare a dragon, and earn his respect. And, since I can see the question in your eyes, yes, I’ll grant it to your friends as well.”
“Coolio.”
Tyler brought up his HUD, and the Dragon flicked a bit of blue fire onto it. As it touched it, a new title appeared: Dragon Friend. Boosts all stats by 50, reduces fire damage by 75% and grants a new ability, Dragon’s Roar. A skill that allows one to roar their path color in a breath attack, relies on magic, and Path power. Tyler’s eyes lit up.
“Oh I gotta try it.”
The blue grinned again.
“Show me.”
Tyler closed his HUD, looked in a different direction, and drew in a breath as he charged the shot.
“BLUE DEMON DRAGON ROARRRRRRR!”
He let out a massive burst of blue flames ten feet wide that was swelteringly hot. The blast hit a tall rock pillar, and melted it on contact into lava. Tyler was grinning like a kid with his dad’s gun as he looked at the dragon.
“Oh I LIKE this!”
The dragon just burst out laughing.
“Oh, I felt the heat form here! Now THAT’S what a Warrior SHOULD be! Wielding the power of dragons with a grin on his face! Ha!”
Tyler was smiling as well.
“I am sooooo setting the next batch of bandits on fire!”
kaori groaned.
“great. He’s gone full pyro on us.”
The dragon rubbed his eyes.
“Draw that dragonkiller you have.”
Tyler drew his Magicite sword Gleipnir, and stabbed it into the ground. The blue looked at him.
“This is YOU’RE boon.”
“Understood.”
The dragon’s eyes glowed, and Gleipnir rose from the ground glowing. Then it dropped into Tyler’s waiting arms. The Warrior tilted his head.
“Mythril?”
The blue chuckled.
“Indeed. The stories say it must be mined and requires immense labor to work it. This is a falsehood, as TRUE Mythril is only obtained through a gift by a high dragon. The same with that vest you wear.”
Tyler hefted the blade.
“Wow, weighs as much as Oblivion. Thank you.”
The dragon laughed.
“Your other blades were hit as well.”
Tyler sheathed his broadsword to draw Oblivion and Oathkeeper. Sure enough, both blades were now made of the metal. Oblivion was now even more black, and Oathkeeper blood red. Tyler twirled the blades.
“Weird. I know I’m holding them, but it feels like my hands are empty. Again, thank you.”
Tyler sheathed his blades, as the dragon spread his wings.
“My name is Tempesta. Go, build your strength, that the next we meet, we may do battle like days of old.”
“Tempesta the Blue dragon. I am Tyler the Outcast. I’ll get stronger, that I may take your head with your own gifts!”
The dragon bellowed out a roar that made the very ground shake. Tyler smiled as he raised the swords in a salute as the beast flew off.
“Farewell Warrior. When next we meet, let be as equals!”
“As equal as a human can be with a dragon!”
“Well said!”
Tempesta flew off into the sky as Tyler sheathed his blades and went to sit back down with his friends. Only they were looking at him with white faces of absolute shock. Even Kaori. Tyler tilted his head.
“What? Am I hurt?”
Sera blinked.
“See? He IS a hero!”
That broke the tension, and their color returned as Tyler sat next to kaori.
“Well, that was fun.”
Kaori sighed.
“Idiot. We nearly had a heart attack like ten different times during that, and yet you just take it in stride.”
Tyler smiled as he grabbed a drink. Wulf looked at him.
“You’ve just been granted a title that hasn’t been seen in three hundred years. We got the bonus, but NOT the title or the breath attack.”
“Kinda figured. Least you got SOMETHING.”
Kaori groaned.
“Did you seriously have to rip off Fairytail with that though?”
“Kinda. Seemed right.”
“Ugh. Weeb.”
“Whatever barbie.”
Vixen was shaking.
“A dragon has acknowledged you as a friend. Even WITH your stance and heart.”
“Vixen, Tyler’s what we call the Anti-hero. Basically, he’s an asshole that sometimes likes to pretend otherwise.”
The mage sighed, before looking at him.
“I see now. You’re a very hard person, but, you do have SOME good in you. Very well. You’ve earned my respect and loyalty.”
Charlotte looked at Tyler next.
“You’re not the student I once knew. You’re now the man we all must cower behind.”
“YOU? 50/50.”
Charlotte sighed.
“Not really. I am headed in a different direction after TopLeaf.”
“keep our secrets.”
“I will.”
Tyler then looked at his party.
“The Mythril is out of the bag now. No need to hide it.”
He lifted his shirt to show his vest. Wulf chuckled.
“I was wondering why arrows just stopped on impact.”
Tyler smiled as he lowered his shirt.
“Yup.”
lily came over to look at him.
“I just saw a dragon.”
Tyler hugged her.
“Ya got a story to tell now, Lily.”
She smiled.
“Even IF not a soul will believe me.”
“We’ll back you.”
That made her glow, as Wulf tilted his head.
“Hey, Lily, open your HUD a sec. Now that I think of it, Tempesta the blue dragon is rather legendary for his kindness towards children. Particularly those that suffered.”
The small girl pulled her own small HUD up, and she had the title of Dragon’s Tear. Wulf smiled.
“Dragon’s tear. It’s a title ONLY granted by Tempesta the Blue. It grants relief at night from nightmares, terrors, and undead. In essence, Lily was basically gifted the gift of sleep.”
Sera opened her HUD, and smiled.
“I got the same thing! Lillia you too!”
The sister opened her HUD, and sure enough. Same thing. Tyler smiled.
“I guess Tempesta was more interested in the kids then me. I just surprised him a little.”
lily smiled with pride.
“I got a title from a dragon himself!”
That got a smile, as Tyler went to look at the pillar he’d melted. The thing had been twenty feet tall, and ten feet thick. Now it was just a mound of rapidly cooling stone four feet high. Tyler smiled as he used prospect, finding nothing useful in the ruined pillar.
“Eh, worth a shot.”
That got a chuckle as everyone mounted up to resume their journey to the elven homeland. Leaving behind a melted pillar, and massive tracks as an indicator that a dragon had touched down.

Tyler and his crew were moving at the same easy canter they had been, as the road became more treacherous to traverse. Kaori noted this.
“Slow it down, everyone. I don’t like this road for the horses.”
“You heard the lady.”
The group slowed to a leisurely walk as they went. Tyler with his bow out, watching for Silisks, bandits, and other surprises, Kaori rubbing her wakizashi on a whetstone, Sera humming as she and Lillia were still within the center of the group, Vixen sharpening her single-bladed one-handed axe on a stone, Wulf playing with Lily, Malico cleaning her bow, and Charlotte watching the rear. The terrain was now dotted with large outcrops of stone, and Tyler found he did not like this development.
“Hey, Wulf. We in Silisk territory?”
The elven ranger had Lily giggling as he tickled her.
“We are. I think we’re safe though. Tempesta looked full.”
“Them things good eating for dragons?”
“I heard they are. Plus, when a dragon of that size passes through an area, even mice dig into the ground.”
“Can see that. It takes a lot of fuel to keep a creature of that size moving. They ever attack airships?”
The elf smiled.
“Amazingly, no. Airship companies have an agreement with the dragons, as we’re only guests in their sky.”
“As it should be. So, what’s the terms?”
“The local dragon gets a share of the companies profits, in exchange, they leave the easy targets alone.”
“I wonder how war comes into play.”
“If a war breaks out, and airships are used, the company MUST get the permission of their local dragon in order to use warships PERIOD. If the dragon refuses, the ships are grounded, even if the enemy dragon gives the okay. If they defy the dragon, ALL their ships are destroyed, and the company behind it torched by the dragon itself.”
“Kinda sounds like a war between humans is just dragons having an argument.”
Wulf laughed.
“Funny thing? You’re not wrong. There’s tales of wars breaking out between two lands, for the sake of example, we’ll use my homeland and the human. My homeland’s high Dragon is a green called Furiosa, whereas the humans is a red called Ignatia. Well, if they two have a disagreement, they can’t directly attack each other as they’re of equal power, and such a thing would cause a dragon war. Or a battle of dragon equals. These battles can lay waste to an entire country. As such, they use the other races as pawns in a game of chess to settle their argument.”
“I’ve heard this story before. Only difference was it was actual gods playing the game. Who’s dragon is Tempesta?”
“Him? He’s more nomad. He’ll settle in a place for a while, get bored, and move on.”
“Like the ocean, restless and free. I get it.”
Wulf smiled proudly.
“I see now why he was so interested in you. You sometimes think like a dragon.”
“Now I can roar like one too.”
That made them all chuckle as they went on. Tyler was looking at the sky, and the lengthening shadows.
“I don’t like the idea of traveling this area in the evening. Especially with those shadows.”
Wulf had a grim face.
“I agree. Plus, there’s more then Silisks in these hills.”
“Like what?”
“Broken Ones. Some reason there’s a lot of them here. Plus we have bird-like creatures called harpies. Massive vulture like things that attack around dusk.”
“Does my defense spells have any effect?”
“Protective Warning will. It’s a dome spell, not just a ground one. Tranquil waters not so much. Holy Purge keeps undead at bay, so not really useful against beasts.”
“They valuable?”
“A harpy? Their feathers make good flights, but the meat is nasty, their beaks worthless, and talons useless.”
“Nests?”
Here he got a twinkle in his eye.
“If you can find a harpy nest, then you are guaranteed at least several hundred gems, coin, and some other kind of shiny thing as you put it.”
“What they look like?”
“They borrow into the sides of rock faces, hills and mountains. They disguise them extremely well, most you’d see is a large bush or rock slab.”
“They big?”
Wulf looked around for a reference.
“Maybe, three Thunders long, with two of those trees worth wingspan.”
“So fifteen feet long with a thirty foot wingspan. Not a bad size.”
“They’re rare though, as their nests are so sought after, they’ve been placed on a limited hunting list.”
“you know what that means.”
Wulf chuckled.
“you wanna kill one, just to spit in the nobility’s face.”
“Yup. How’re their eggs?”
“Delicious. A good nest has maybe ten.”
Tyler smiled.
“I’ll keep an eye out.”
The group laughed as they went on. Tyler then had a though.
“Are Broken Ones considered undead?”
Wulf looked to Vixen.
“I think you’re the expert here.”
The busty black mage smile, and responded in her warm voice.
“They’re more classified as semi-dead. Not fully undead, not fully alive either. That said, my necromancy affects them like regular undead, and so does your white.”
“They move in numbers?”
“Sometimes yes. But the largest gathering of Brokens ever recorded was ten.”
“They eat people?”
“Yes. Alive.”
“And the only way to kill them is smash their heads in?”
“Indeed.”
“So if they hit my holy purge?”
“It’ll kill them outright. On contact.”
“Well that’s a relief.”
That got a chuckle. The party rode along for a few more hours, until the shadows were touching the road.
“Wulf, there a decent spot for camp nearby?”
The mountain elf looked around to get his bearings.
“Another hour ride ahead, there’s a small hollow at the base of a rockface I’ve used. It’s hard to see from the road, sky, and has a small cave in the back.”
“I’ll clear the cave, but nice.”
They arrived at the spot like Wulf had said, and Tyler drew his short swords as he went to clear the cave with Wulf. The spot was a large crater in the ground with a massive rock overhead, surrounded by smaller rock outcrops as well. The cave itself was smaller then Tyler thought. The elf had the magic lantern, as Tyler and he searched for both animal and monster. Tyler using his detection skills, Wulf his other senses.
“Wulf, back of the cave, something feels hollow.”
Tyler moved in first towards a seemingly solid rock. He looked at Wulf, who nodded. The Warrior then used his extreme strength to move the slab aside. Within was a small chamber set deeper in the stone. Maybe ten feet by ten feet. What got the men’s attention was the slab with the writing on it, in a flowing script that made Wulf gasp.
“What’d we find, Wulf?”
The elf knelt before the thing.
“We found the burial site of an elven ruler. One Named Wasiak. The legends say he was the one that founded my home country millennia ago.”
“Okay. Your call. Loot or leave.”
Wulf looked at him, then to the tomb.
“Loot. The story goes that one ever finds his tomb may claim the treasure within it as their own.”
“Let’s warn the girls first. This smells of a guardian.”
“Understood.”
Tyler and Wulf informed the girls of the find, and Vixen volunteered again.
“Undead are my specialty.”
“Good. Rest of you, high alert. Kaori, this reeks of Indiana Jones. So heads up.”
“Got it.”
The trio headed inside to raid the tomb. Tyler would throw open the lid, Wulf would fill with arrows, as Vixen tried to use her spells to either make it self-destruct, or weaken it for the kill. Tyler placed his hands on the lid.
“Ready?”
“ready.”
“I got a spell ready as well.”
Tyler gripped the stone and tore it aside like it weighed nothing. There was a rush of air, then the tomb lit up with white light as writing along the walls appeared. Wulf was able to read it.
“It says, the ones that opens this crypt must prove their mettle against the former ruler.”
“It say what we’re fighting?”
Tyler got his answer, as the skeleton within the coffin sent a fist into his chest, launching him into the wall with a heavy thud and grunt.
“Never mind.”
Tyler was up with his blades ready, unharmed due to his Mythril vest. Tyler didn’t wait for the thing to rise,
“Do it!”
Vixen launched her acid spell as Tyler surged with his blades as the thing tried to rise. It was a skeleton clad in ancient armor wielding a long sword in a bony hand. As Vixen got a good look, she groaned.
“What’re we dealing with Vixen?”
Tyler was hacking at the thing’s bones as it rose.
“A greater Lich. We need to smash it’s skull.”
“Wulf! Piercing shots! Vixen! Same.”
“Tyler swapped his short swords for Gliepnir.
“Thread between strokes.”
The Lich screamed, and Tyler felt a weight on his mind that froze Wulf and Vixen in their tracks. Tyler laughed.
“Holy relief!”
The mental attack had no effect on him whatsoever, and as his spell hit his two companions, they got the same. Tyler swung his Mythril enhanced blade at the thing’s legs, only for it to block with it’s own sword. Tyler was quick, and flipped the blade to lock it in place,
“Got it!”
The Lich was then hit in the head with Wulf’s best shots, Power shaft, Iron Piercer, and ChainShot, as Vixen sent a blast of acid onto it’s head. The thing screamed again, this time in pain, and staggered back. Tyler tore his blade up to smash it in the head with all his strength. He then activated his own sword skill: One handed smash. As Gleipnir was a hand-and-a-half bastard sword, it was able to use one handed skills. Tyler swung the weapon in an upwards arc, splitting the thing’s skull clean in half. The skull looked at him, before falling into a rattling pile of bones as a black mass rose from it to dissipate screaming into nothingness. Tyler looked to his friends.
“We clear?”
Vixen held up her hand, and a black glow as seen.
“It’s dead. Again.”
“Wulf?”
“Still in one piece.”
“well alright.”
Tyler and his friends looked at the sword as the words appeared again, and Wulf read the message.
“It says our Mettle is indeed worthy of his legend. That sword can only be wielded by an elf though, and the rest of the items in this room are ours for the taking.”
“Guess you got a new blade Wulf. Vixen, the bones worth anything?”
Wulf lifted the longsword as Vixen looked at Tyler.
“No. greater Lichs worth comes from the treasure they guard. Their bodies are both useless and worthless.”
“Well, that sucks.”
Tyler looked into the now empty sarcophagus. He smiled.
“We got coins, gems and what looks like an axe.”
The party left the chamber 500 gold coins, 600 silver coins, 300 copper coins richer, an additional 100 diamonds, 200 sapphires, and another opal. The axe was Magicite, and a one handed thing with a rounded blade.
“Vixen, looks like you got an upgrade.”
The black mage smiled, and placed the thing under her robes. They resealed the tomb, and headed back outside to find camp had been set up already. Kaori was waiting with her bow loaded with four shafts as they returned.
“How’d we do?”
“greater Lich. We’re 500 gold, 600 silver, and 300 copper richer. Plus another mass of gems. Wulf got a new sword and Vixen an axe to grind.”
That got a chuckle. Tyler walked to the center of camp, and cast Protective Warning, Tranquil waters, and Holy Purge. Once those were set, did the camp relax. Malico stripped naked, and laid by the fire flat on her back.
“Ohhh that feels sooo good!”
Tyler smiled as Charlotte looked at her in horror.
“There are children present!”
“Well, cover your eyes then spider.”
That made them chuckle. Tyler looked at the sky.
“We got maybe 4 hours of daylight left. Wulf, anything edible in this area in terms of plants?”
“There’s a small stream nearby that has decent rockfish. We also have some decent animals as well, deer, rabbit, moose,”
“Predators?”
“A few bears, lions, worst we need to worry about are the harpies, Silisks, and the occasional lesser drak. The lowest member of dragonkin in the family. Think that lisk, but the size of Gloss.”
“It like the shiny?”
“It has a small pouch just under it’s stomach like what Tempesta had. No fire breath, wings, and is rather tasty. Just a tiny Lisk.”
Tyler nodded.
“No one goes anywhere alone. Groups of two at the least. Sera and lily don’t go ANYWHERE without four. Charlotte does NOT count.”
The teacher glared at him as he took a seat near the flickering fire.
“I am NOT useless!”
“Prove it then. I WILL NOT put their lives in YOUR hands.”
There was a mass of nods. Kaori was heard chuckling.
“I know I wouldn’t want her watching my back in a fight.”
“She’d get us all killed.”
Yet again all heads looked to Sera, as the small princess was rubbing her sword on a whetstone. Then they laughed as the small girl was right. Tyler pulled the map, and opened it. Kaori took a seat beside him as Charlotte looked like she was about to cry.
“How it looking commander?”
Tyler smiled as he saw their progress.
“we’re ahead of schedule. Surprising with all that went on today.”
Wulf snorted.
“A bandit raid, meeting a dragon of legends, and killing a greater Lich. A normal human would take YEARS to accomplish TWO of those.”
“yet we did it for fun in a day.”
That made them chuckle. Tyler looked at the remaining distance.
“Wulf said it’s a week to his capital. And we’ve been at it for what? Four days?”
“Sounds right. It’s a full plus day’s ride from TopLeaf to Cragspire.”
“Sounds fitting for a mountain elf capital.”
That made both he and Lily smile. Tyler crossed his arms as he looked at the route.
“Okay. I am not liking the incline there.”
Wulf took a seat to look at the map.
“It’s not as bad as you’d think. We’ll just have to be careful with the horses.”
“Kaori sets the pace.”
“Agreed.”
“Thank you.”
Tyler hugged her.
“We gotchya fer a reason Shadow.”
She smiled as she hugged him back. Then back to the map.
“Okay, we’re about the halfway point. Not bad for the first leg. Tomorrow we’ll go easy on the horses, and try to make some decent progress. All goes well, we’ll hit TopLeaf in two days.”
there was a set of nods.
“Who long will we stay in TopLeaf?”
“I’d like to throw my White around a bit. We’ll spend the day we get there healing, the night, and leave the next day. Sound good?”
“Can we make it two days? I’d like to see my sister.”
“Of course Wulf. Two days it is. Be kinda cool to hang in an elf village.”
The ranger smiled gratefully as Tyler rolled up the map.
“I’ll check my HUD for guild updates and see if my trick got upgraded. Rest of you, find something to amuse yerselves. Malico, that kind of amusement will need to wait until the tent.”
The lusty cat had looked at him with a leer,
“Ahhh boo.”
they all laughed at the catgirl. Kaori smiled.
“I’ve been feeling….lonely, Malico. We can play later.”
“I will NOT fall asleep this time dammit.”
Another round of laughter as Charlotte buried her head in her hands, appalled. Dear god Kaori! You’ve become a whore! You went from my most proper, respectful, well-behaved student, to a foul mouthed, vile, slutty, tramp of a girl! I will need to speak with your father to straighten you back out young lady!”
“I wouldn’t go there Charlotte.”
She jumped hard at Tyler’s voice. Kaori looked at him.
“What’s her play?”
“She’s appalled by how you’ve grown from prim and proper lady, to wild hearted badass. She HATES this new you, as she feels you’ve lowered yourself. So, she was planning to speak to your father to straighten you back out.”
Charlotte was backing away from the boy that had just read her mind. Kaori just smiled at her.
“Go ahead, Charlotte. Tell him. See how far you get.”
“Kinda find it funny she’s so concerned about your change, when her other students are raping little girls on the regular. Go play loving teacher to them. We don’t need nor want your help. Once we get to TopLeaf, we part ways. I’d rather have Sera and Lillia join us as raw princesses again then you. At least they were willing to LEARN this world, and not hide behind past ideals once they were proven wrong.”
Sera and Lillia smiled with pride.
“Momma didn’t raise no fools.”
“We may be new to this, but dammit we gon learn!”
“Atta girl, Sera!”
The camp was smiling at the princesses resolve. Charlotte slumped. That boy can read my mind like a damn book. I can’t leave either, as I’d never make to TopLeaf alive. The teacher was crushed by how far her most prized student had fallen. But, there was not a thing she could do with Tyler in the vicinity. So, she just laid her own sword beside her and did as she was told.
Tyler was resting against a rock near the fire as he pulled his HUD up. He smiled as he saw Demonic wrath had been upgraded to level two. Adding an extra 25 points to his boost, increasing the duration by 2 minutes, an decreasing the strain on his body. He had an extra 50 point to throw, so he added 20 to agility, and thirty to stamina. Bringing the totals to 200 for agility, and stamina to 305 He then looked to the guild update window.
“Today in Vernillion. A group of Warriors are held responsible for the burning of a Hospital in the dwarven township of Rockworth. As of this article, the fire is out, and recovery underway. A small group of Warriors were sighted fleeing a building in Term this morning, and upon investigation, found a small family had been raped and murdered by the Warriors. News as reached the guilds ears of a airship being downed by yet another group of Warriors and sacked. It would seem this generation of Warriors are nothing but heartless monsters undeserving of their strength. That said, there dots of hope. The Warrior known as Kazuma, has once again proven the King’s faith in him. The man has slain yet another bandit party and camp, laid waste to a Orc raid party, and put to rest a number of the Broken. The man has also restored the vile city of Dragul to a place worthy of respect. And is now Tailed city. We eagerly await the next deeds of this fine man. Next from the city of Raylik. It would seem a party of Warriors, now calling themselves the Outcasts, led by one Tyler the Outcast, has also been making waves in the realm. The man in question has succeeded in taking down such vile predators such as the torturer, kidnapper, rapist, and others. He has also instigated a fresh wave of inspections of goods in or out of Raylik due to the discovery of vile goods we cannot report here, and, if rumor is to be believed, travels with the royal Princesses as well.”
“fuck.”
All heads looked in his direction at his sudden outburst. Tyler rubbed his eyes.
“Heads up. Someone spoke up about how we got the princesses with us. And these idiots broadcasted it throughout their message board. We’ll need to be extra vigilant now.”
There was a collective groan. Vixen sighed.
“You can ask at the next hall who their source was.”
“My plan was to bribe them to spread a false counter rumor. Seriously, we cannot broadcast we got the girls with us.”
“That works too.”
Tyler went back to reading.
“It is nothing more then rumor at this time however. His party has been credited with the recovery efforts in Raylik after the drunken riot of his fellow Warriors. The leader of the party, Tyler himself, has been granted a royal pardon for his hand in Commander Gruven’s death, and seems to be making the most of it. The lad and three of his companions have joined our guild, and according to the trusted member that preformed his screening, he is easily the strongest man in the country. Easily out stripping his closest second, Max, by more then ten times at the least. We cannot wait to see what other deeds of legend this party will add to their name. In other news, the Dragon Tempesta has taken wing again as is his way. He was last sighted landing by the north eastern section of the king’s road on the way to the elven city of TopLeaf. All reports say a party of Warriors caught his eye. The results of the meeting are unknown, as the sighting was by viewing glass aboard a passing airship. But, indicators point to Tyler The Outcast’s party. If that is the case, then this party is indeed the stuff of legends. The port town of Yalik is expecting a heavy storm within the week, and the first wave is in two months. Let us pray these Warriors come through when it counts. But, in this writer’s own personal opinion? May the gods help us all.”

Tyler smiled as he closed the window.
“Guess we got spotted.”
Wulf looked at him from his spot by the fire.
“TopLeaf is either going to be fun for you, or a nightmare.”
“Let’s say bit of both.”
Tyler then looked around the camp. Sera was resting on a rock next to the fire, Lillia was swinging her sword, Lily was adding more twigs to the fire, Charlotte was polishing her sword, Malico was warming her feet, kaori was looking at her Licenses, Wulf had his knife out and was sharpening it, and Vixen was polishing her new axe. The man smiled as he checked his spells, and saw they were still active and clear. Tyler got up and grabbed his bow.
“I’m gonna see if I can score a deer or something.”
The camp grunted, as he was the only one that didn’t need any protection. Tyler smiled as he fitted an arrow to bow and headed off. Once his footsteps were gone, Charlotte looked to Kaori.
“Can we chat?”
The camp laughed at her.
“Sure. We’re still going with him. But sure.”
Charlotte glared at those around her, as Kaori sat beside her.
“What?”
her voice flat and cold. Charlotte looked at her like she had in school, down her nose with a disapproving air.
“Your behavior is inappropriate for a young lady like yourself! Same with you, Sera, Lillia! You’re princesses! You have an example to set.”
Sera sighed.
“you sound just like those preaching nuns I hated.”
Lillia smiled.
“I see why Tyler got bullied so much.”
Kaori looked at her.
“Right? He lives by his own rules. He’s never needed anyone, and not a soul scares or intimidates him.”
The camp chuckled, then Charlotte rounded on Wulf.
“He called you Ambassador, did he not?”
The elf smiled as Lily came over to lay her small head on his chest.
“I am Ambassador to the human kingdom of Vernillion per request of my sister the queen.”
Charlotte was a little taken aback by that bit.
“yet you support these ladies behavior? It’s vulgar and obscene! They’re young ladies!”
Wulf smiled.
“And now they need to fight for their lives in the wilds. In Tyler’s words, you either step the fuck up, or get fucked up.”
“I can HEAR him saying that.”
“Guy’s an ass, but he does throw out pearls of dark wisdom from time to time.”
“Hey, Malico, wanna screw with him tonight?”
“My nipples just got hard!”
“I’ll soften them up later.”
Wulf just shook his head.
“I am SOOOOO happy I joined this nuthouse.”
“YOU need to get a girl to play with. Must suck getting left out all the time.”
That got a snort and a laugh from the gathered ladies. Except for Charlotte.
“You will NOT perform such an act in front of children!”
“Guess you sleepin outside then.”
“Guess so. Hey, Vixen, you wouldn’t happen to have a spell to make her sleep, would you?”
The sexy black mage had removed her robe to lay in a cloth bra and panties by the fire, and the fire played along her smooth, pale skin.
“Sadly not. That’s a green spell, and I do not have the License.”
“Well, that sucks.”
Kaori smiled at the beauty laid out by the fire.
“Tyler’s gonna love your skin.”
She smiled at her.
“Ya think? I hope so.”
The blonde beauty laughed.
“He’s always had a thing for the Pale Beauty. You looking like a big tiddy goth girl makes it that much better.”
“Goth girl?”
“Dresses in black, pale skin, dark eyes. Usually a rebel. Or just edgy. That rack got his eye the moment he saw em.”
That made them all chuckle. Then Vixen rolled onto her back with her head on her hands to look at the dark blue sky.
“Kinda odd, how the Opposing Colors work.”
Kaori smiled.
“I’m a Red path, and he’s a blue/white.”
Vixen smiled.
“I’m a Black/red. So, according to the way it’s explained, his perfect soulmate. Yet you hold the greatest piece of his heart in your hands.”
Kaori smiled.
“We were good friends before coming here. Plus we’ve always been into each other, but due to how toxic our world is, we couldn’t be together.”
“Toxic has nothing to do with it! You were a proper young lady! Respectful, sweet, gentle, got good grades, was never late or missed an assignment! He was always in fights, dirty, barely made deadlines, or just miss them entirely. His grades were decent, and attendance good as well, but a very bad match for a lady of your caliber!”
kaori laughed at Charlotte’s mini tirade.
“See? Our world was ruined by people like her. Only seeing what they wanted in order to get through the day to avoid having to do anything.”
Lillia sighed as Sera hugged kaori.
“I see why he hates the crown so much.”
“I get why he was so harsh to my father.”
Charlotte jumped.
“He’s had an audience with King Ishtar?”
the girls and Wulf laughed.
“He tore him a new one for his failings as a man, a king and a father.”
Sera was smiling.
“He called him out for failing to protect us, and kicked him in the ass to get him off it too.”
Lillia was smiling as well.
“He’s the reason Kazuma got adopted period. Father had nearly given up entirely.”
Wulf chuckled.
“Then this kid comes waltzing up with his girls behind him, calls him a puppet with a hand up his ass, and tells him to get his shit together.”
Kaori laughed at the memory.
“Poor Seline didn’t know WHAT the fuck to do.”
The camp all laughed as Charlotte was appalled.
“My god. He did that to the one that’s been supporting his adventure this whole time?”
kaori and the whole camp glared at her angrily.
“They HAVEN’T done a thing for us. We got the ten gold to begin with, after that, Tyler and I BUSTED OUR FUCKING ASSES TO GET WHAT WE HAVE. Malico as well, but not the point. Bitch, we WORKED for our wealth, and just WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE? Huh? We’ve been fighting bandits, drakolisk, a Wyvern, enemy knights, living off 4 GOLD COINS, TYLER has been going from town to town, and in every place he visits, whether he wanted to or not, risked his life to aid the people there, heal those that needed it, and even teach a pair of royal princesses how to survive! What have YOU done Charlotte? Pull up your HUD, show me your Bestiary.”
The now shocked teacher obeyed automatically. Kaori forced her scroll. Then she snorted in disgust.
“A black bear is the strongest thing you’ve killed? Says here you’ve been robbed twice. Yeah, THAT’S why he don’t trust you.”
Kaori just shoved the teacher away.
“You a spineless coward that is only going to die in the waves. Go join a temple, gods know only thing your any good for is preaching bullshit.”
Charlotte just looked at her,
“How DARE you raise you voice to me young lady? I’m YOUR TEACHER!”
“Okay, Charlotte. Cut the shit.”
Tyler came striding into camp with a 250lb buck over his shoulder. Tyler looked to Kaori and Sera.
“Kaori, mind teaching the princesses to clean a buck? You’re better at it then me.”
“Sure.”
Wulf eyed the thing’s pelt.
“Think you can craft a smock or poncho for Lily?”
“Sure. Was my plan actually. And I got these for leg warmers.”
Tyler pulled a pair of black rabbits from his belt. Wulf smiled as he saw them.
“Nice find. Rock hares have extremely soft fur.”
Tyler smiled as Kaori instructed the girls in how to properly skin and clean a buck.
“Nice to see those two be able to help out. Hey, Wulf, think while we’re in TopLeaf you can teach a few bow tricks? If you get the time that is.”
The elf smiled fondly.
“Sure, I’d be happy to.”
“Can’t beat archery lessons from an elf.”
Lily was in full agreement,
“This guy gets it.”
They all chuckled. Then Tyler looked at a now trembling Charlotte.
“So. I leave to go get YOUR food for you, and you try to sow seeds of dissent in MY camp? No. You may sleep here this night. But. If we do not reach TopLeaf by day’s end, you are NOT welcome by our fire again.”
She opened her mouth to speak, but he raised a finger.
“Ah. No. Say another word, and I’ll throw you out myself. You are NOT welcome in our tent as it is. Now. Unless you wish to test your mettle in a midnight ride, SIT DOWN. AND SHUT UP.”
Tyler was using his Demon’s glare on the woman, and she was shaking so bad she couldn’t move. Tyler then ignored the lady and noticed Vixen by the fire in her underwear.
“Damn Vixen. You a fox.”
She smiled at his play on her name.
“Like what you see?”
“Oh hell yeah. Love a hot goth.”
She chuckled as he pulled the pelts off the rabbits.
“Ah, Tyler? You might wanna see this.”
Tyler put his work down to see what had kaori sounding concerned. He walked over, and the blonde pointed with a stick to the things stomach contents.
“I was teaching Sera and Lillia about an animal’s diet and what it could tell us.”
“What this thing eat?”
She nudged a small, one inch spiked ball out of a pile of apples.
“Wulf, what is this thing?”
The elven ranger took one look, and groaned.
“Goblins.”
Tyler and Kaori looked at each other.
“No one leaves camp.”
“Period.”
“On alert ladies, we got goblins in the area.”
The girls all geared up as Tyler placed a hand on the ground, and both added to the power of the spells, and would give him an update. Only.
“We got inbound. Counting twenty small sets, two big sets. Gear up! Sera, Lillia, Lily! Cave now! We got two minutes!”
The camp exploded into motion as the girls raced to the cave as Tyler and Wulf loaded arrows. Charlotte tried to get ready, but couldn’t even draw her sword, shaking so badly as she was. Tyler grabbed her by the collar and threw her into the cave.
“You come out PERIOD I’ll kill you myself.”
Tyler then drew his short swords, as a set of thudding foot steps were heard. Wulf groaned.
“Stone giants.”
“I’ll take em. Keep the creatures OUT of that cave.”
Wulf readied his bow.
“Not a step past me.”
Tyler smiled,
“That breath attack can be used. Repeatedly. So, ya know, ya hear me yell, get down.”
That made them chuckle, as a head five feet across was seen over the crest of the hill. The thing had beady eyes, stone grey skin, and was easily thirty feet tall. Tyler fired his shafts, enhanced with piercing teardrop and ChainShot. The arrows were lisk scale, and so blew out the back of the beasts skull. It was dead before it hit the ground. Tyler smiled.
“Watch the top of the rock. Thing that size can handle the drop.”
A series of shadows were seen, and the arrows were released. Squeals of pain and death were hard as the green skinned things crested the hill. Tyler cast his own spell.
“WATERWALL!”
A wall of water ten feet tall appeared around the perimeter of the camp. It was perfectly clear to those behind it, and allowed more arrows to be loosed through it as well. The goblins could not see through it, however, and several were transfixed by flying death. Tyler smiled.
“Good thing we put the horses in the cave.”
“I told you that was a smart idea.”
“Don’t get smug, Malico.”
The goblins then moved aside to allow another with a gleaming scepter and crown forward.
“Vixen! Think I found you a friend!”
The black mage smiled, and cast her own black magic first.
“Black Death.”
The spell would poison a target with acid. Killing them outright. Tyler noted that she got a aroused flush as she released her magic.
“Nice to see my black mage likes to bring the boom boom.”
The lady smiled as she made the Goblin sorcerer die screaming.
“I enjoy many things.”
“I’ll be sure to get an IN DEPTH analysis of your…enjoyment.”
Tyler loosed another set of shafts as a loud thud was heard above them. The defenders looked up to see another giant dropping from the top of the rock. Tyler dropped his bow and pulled out Oblivion and Oathkeeper.
“WATERFALL!”
The ten foot wall of water flattened over half the remaining goblins beneath a ten ton mass of water. The giant hit the stone, and Tyler was slashing at it’s legs as his friends dealt with the goblins. Inside the cave, Sera had an arrow on her string, and so did Lillia. Lily hiding in the tomb the group had cleared earlier, as Charlotte cowered behind her. The teacher could hear the sounds of the dying, all the while hiding behind the small legs of a girl not even half her years holding a dagger Sera had given her.
“This time, they want to take me, they need to beat me.”
Charlotte just quivered as an elven girl barely older than a third grader showed that she was both braver, and stronger then she was.
Tyler was still carving the things legs to high hell.
“This is fun! One Handed smash!”
He black blade glowed as he spun a circle and slammed it into the thing’s stone like shin. Getting an angry roar of pain as it kicked out at him, catching him in the vest, and launching him into a wall just above the entrance to the cave with a nasty thud. Tyler dropped to the ground twenty feet below with another sickening thud. Sera and Lillia looked at each other, as they’d seen the hit, and smiled.
“dear sister, are you thinking what I’m thinking?”
“That prick is SOOOO going to owe us.”
The two royal girls drew on their strings, and took aim.

“That’s gonna hurt in the mornin!”
Tyler was getting to his feet as the giant swung a long club at him. Tyler had no choice but to roll out of the way to avoid getting squished.
“Get ready.”
“Give the word, sis.”
In the tomb, Charlotte snapped out of her stupor. I HAVE to protect those girls!

Tyler was back on his feet as the giant kneeled to enter the small cave.
“Do it Sera.”
“rig-hey!”
Charlotte had knocked their arrows down.
“Quick ladies! Run! The tombs safe!”
Their plan ruined, they watched as Tyler slit the things throat. Sera just started crying, hard, as her golden opportunity to aid her hero had been stolen from her. Lillia just punched Charlotte in the face with as much force as she could muster.
“Tyler is going to KILL you for taking that from her!”
Tyler was at that moment cleaning up the remains of the attack with the others. The last goblin fell, and Tyler looked around smiling.
“We good?”
The camp was littered with about fifty dead goblins, and two stone giants. They were everywhere, on the grass, the rock, one even got knocked in the fire. Wulf the ranger was dusting himself off after a goblin had tried a tackle onto his sword point.
“I’m good.”
Malico stood among a pile of bodies.
“Same here!”
Kaori was rubbing her side.
“Bastard got a lucky hit with a hammer. I’m good though, I healed it.”
Vixen flipped her axe.
“That was fun!”
“Let’s go check on the girls!”
Tyler and the victorious defenders came striding into the cave to tell the tale, only Sera’s heartbroken wailing sent them all running. There they found Sera with her bow with an arrow on the ground, next to Lillia’s weapon, with the girl herself glaring at a broken-nosed Charlotte. Tyler saw the weapons, looked at the entrance, and pieced together the girls plan. He went and hugged Sera.
“Shh, it’s okay. It would’ve worked. Shh,”
She hugged him tightly.
“I….I…Wanted to help you!”
He stroked her back soothingly,
“It’s okay, you’ll get another chance. Many chances.”
Kaori tilted her head.
“What was their plan?”
Tyler chuckled.
“These two had the perfect spot to take that thing’s eyes. Or even kill it themselves if they timed it right. But, looks like someone stole it from them.”
They all understood it then. Kaori looked at Charlotte. Hate in her eyes and voice.
“How could you take that from them? They HAD that thing!”
Charlotte’s voice was strained.
“They’re LADIES! Princesses at that! They CAN’T FIGHT!”
“Hey, Lillia, question.”
The angry sister looked at Tyler.
“What?”
“Who broke the selfish bitch’s nose?”
Lillia smiled as she cracked her knuckles.
“I may have had hand in it.”
“Damn Lillia. I’mma teach you to throw hands then.”
She smiled widely.
“That sounds like fun.”
Sera had stopped crying, and went to hug kaori. Tyler just stood up, and walked towards Charlotte.
“You endangered my friends lives with your stupidity. You stole what would have been a beautiful moment for Sera from her. You even tried to force your own ways of thinking upon them.”
The teacher was cowering.
“get away from me you monster! You’ve ruined those poor girls with your venom!”
Tyler grabbed her by the throat.
“Can I kill her?”
Kaori and Malico sighed.
“As much as I want you to, no.”
“We’ll saddle her horse.”
“Just throw her out.”
“The council of Hotties has Spoken.”
Tyler dragged the lady out of the cave, with her screaming for help from the coldly staring group.
“Kaori! Sera! Help me! I’m a teacher! An adult! Listen to your elders!”
Tyler forced her eyes open and made her look at the carnage around the camp.
“THIS is where we live now! Get it through your fucking skull. NO ONE WILL HELP YOU. NO ONE WILL RESCUE YOU. EITHER YOU STAND OR YOU FALL.”
He placed her on her horse.
“I dare you to come back again.”
“if she does, you may kill her.”
“See?”
Tyler slapped the ass of her horse, and it took off like a lightning bolt. Then he went back to give Sera another hug.
“We’ll set you up another one.”
She sniffed.
“It won’t be the same.”
“You don’t know that. Maybe the next time, I REALLY DO need you to rescue me.”
Sera giggled.
“well, I’ll just have to be ready then.”
“Atta girl.”
He hugged her tightly. Then he looked at the fallen thing.
“Wonder if I can lift it?”
Tyler walked over, and lifted a leg.
“Yup. Okay, loot and clean.”
The industrious crew got right to it. The giant in camp was lifted by Tyler, and now showing effort for once, was removed from the camp and spell range. Once done, he came back to see Malico looking at Licenses taken from the goblin mage.
“We got any?”
The cat’s tail was flicking back and forth like a metronome.
“This whole thing is banned blacks.”
“We have room on the ring?”
“Yeah, but this will fill it.”
Tyler sighed, and looked to Vixen.
“Hey, Goth, you got an extra ring on you?”
She looked up from her search of a corpse.
“That my new nickname?”
“Like it?”
She smiled.
“I do. Both ways.”
“Can we borrow it? Our banned ring’s full.”
Vixen tilted her head.
“Just curious, but what ARE you going to do with those?”
Tyler opened his mouth to answer, only to pause.
“Ya know something? I’m not entirely sure. We ARE going to destroy them, that’s a fact and all, but not sure what to do in the meantime.”
Wulf looked up from his own loot.
“Wanna let the queen decide that?”
Tyler thought for a moment.
“Might be best, Wulf. We need to destroy these, that much I do know, but somehow I don’t think chucking them in the fire will cut it.”
That got a chuckle as Vixen tossed another License ring, which was exactly like a key ring from Tyler’s old world to Malico. She set the thing in her pouch, and the looting resumed. Once the bodies were cleared, fire rebuilt, and nerves calmed, they looked over their haul. All told. No coin. A foot tall pile of the metal balls, a few poisons, and nothing else useful. Tyler sighed.
“Makes sense that a goblin raiding party carries nothing of value.”
Wulf threw another log on the fire.
“What will you use those spiked balls for?”
Tyler picked one up.
“Not entirely sure. I have ideas, but just not sure which way to play it.”
Vixen had taken off her robe again and was laying on it.
“Care to share?”
“I was thinking of using these as arrow heads. I think it’d give the shaft a nasty impact.”
Wulf took one of the balls and looked at it thoughtfully.
“I can see your reasoning there. Problems would be the arrow wouldn’t be as reliable or accurate with this on it. I’d advise against it.”
“I see your point. Hmm,”
“I wonder. Hey, Tyler, don’t those remind you of the ammo for a shotgun?”
“You mean Fletchettes?”
“yeah. I saw those cannons. They have the materials for them.”
Tyler sighed.
“I see where you’re going with this.”
Wulf tilted his head.
“Another weapon from your world?”
“Yup. Your world has all the pieces in it for me to make guns from our world. I’ve actually considered it myself.”
Wulf shuddered.
“I remember our discussion. May I ask why you haven’t dabbled yet?”
Tyler flipped the ball in his fingers.
“I’m not sure if it’s a violation of the rules of the world or not. Our world has had guns for decades now. So, if any other Warriors came from there, it would stand to reason they made some. A gun isn’t all that complex a machine to make. Long as you get the powder strength, barrel strength right, and the right materials they’re easy to make. I know enough about guns I could make a decent one. It’d take me a few tries, but I could do it. I’m just not sure if that is outside the rules of this world.”
Vixen nodded as he went.
“I see your concern. If you dabble in something you’re not supposed to,”
“Or bring knowledge that has NO place in this world.”
“You risk death or worse.”
kaori had Sera and Lillia back at the deer.
“I see now. Was more curious why Tyler hadn’t dabbled yet. If anyone can make a fully functional weapon in a fantasy world, HE could.”
“I know I’m a mad scientist. Love you though.”
She smiled as the pelt was removed. Tyler tilted his head as he looked at the spiked balls.
“There’s a thought. I can use field smelting to recycle these for reforging into something useful.”
Wulf’s eyes lit up.
“That’s a brilliant idea. Those are black iron, which is just as hard and good as regular steel.”
“That’s an odd mismatch: an elf taking about good steel.”
“Shove it.”
Tyler pulled the miscellaneous pouch and added the balls as Lily passed him the rabbits.
“Can you make me the leg things please? I’m kinda cold.”
Tyler got right to it as Lily got wrapped up in his shirt. She giggled as he draped it over her. He smiled at her.
“Here, let’s see if they fit those pretty legs of yours.”
She watched as he slid them on her. He’d used the crafting skill to make them cling to her small legs like stockings, and not move as she ran. She giggled like he was tickling her the whole time, then they were in place.
“How they feel?”
She stood up and looked at her new garment. The pair of rabbit leg warmers fit her small legs like tights, and were solid black. The had a small hole over her knee to allow bending, and styed put when she moved. She smiled.
“they’re warm and soft. Thank you.”
She hugged him, and he hugged her back.
“Glad you like em.”
She smiled, and her stomach rumbled.
“Yes ma’am.”
That got a laugh.
“How’s the deer coming ladies?”
“Got the first strips ready.”
“That pelt ready?”
“Yup.”
“Atta girls!”
They giggled as Tyler went to pull the meat over, when Wulf beat em to it.
“Deer is kinda my specialty.”
“By all means then. I’ll make Lily a new outfit.”
Tyler pulled the hide over, and looked at Lily.
“Anything in particular?”
She smiled.
“Hmmm, warm! And tight.”
“Sure.”
Tyler used his skill to make the girl another dress. He had her hand him the leftovers of her old gown, and as she sat directly behind him{which the other girls made happen}. The new gown was tan with bits of yellow in the deer fur. He passed it to her, and he listened to her dress. After she came to stand for inspection. It hung to her knees, had a string around the middle that tied in the front for easy removal, and had elbow length sleeves. Tyler smiled.
“Well?”
She spun.
“It’s warm and soft. I love it!”
He hugged the now beaming girl.
“There’s a pocket for a hidden dagger too.”
She smiled as she slid a dirk Sera had given her into it.
“They want to take me again, they need to beat me first.”
Tyler just patted her head as he shook his.
“You’re going to be a wild one in a few years.”
That made her glow as Wulf had the first of the meat ready.
“I used salt and basil on it. Should be tasty.”
It was, and the camp was full of the sounds of happy eaters.
“Damn dude, this is good.”
“Uncle Wolf makes good Venison.”
“wow, Wulf, should have you on deer duty now.”
“I second that.”
After the food was eaten, the deer was stored for later use. Sera and lily had gone into the tent to sleep, and the group were sitting around the fire. Tyler sighed.
“hey, Wulf. That attack came from nearby, didn’t it?”
The ranger nodded.
“It did. A group that large? With giants as well? Yeah, no way that’s a random raid.”
“What happens to captives of goblins?”
Wulf looked at him.
“Rape, torture, and death.”
“Goblin slayer goblins then.”
Both hand Kaori shuddered as he spoke.
“Okay. Tomorrow we kill every single one of those things.”
They all nodded. Lillia looked at him.
“What’s our play?”
“We’ll find their hideout. They like caves?”
“No. Large clearings they build to their needs.”
“Good. We not equipped for cave fighting. That’s right up there with urban combat on places I do NOT want to fight in.”
Wulf nodded.
“I agree. We’d need a few night sight skills to fight in a cave.”
“We expect more giants?”
“They threw fifty at us, right? We can expect at least a hundred goblins, and maybe five more giants.”
“My Demon’s Wrath will be available tomorrow. We cannot leave those things to prey upon some other poor traveler. Okay. A group that size needs a leader.”
“You’re looking for either a hobgoblin, or bigger.”
“Worse case?”
“Anything above a goblin king.”
“If we kill the king FIRST?”
“The camp dissolves into infighting and chaos.”
“Giants and goblins hate each other?”
“They hate everything.”
“So, if we piss off the giants.”
“They’d flatten the camp.”
“And we mop up. Okay.”
Tyler looked around the camp as he thought.
“Sera and Lily go NO WHERE NEAR the place. That said, we need myself, Kaori, Wulf, and Vixen to kill them to the last creature. At least. I just don’t like leaving Malico to defend the girls alone.”
Wulf had a thought.
“Have Sera and Lillia shoot arrows from horses away from the main fighting. Lily Can supply quivers.”
“Do giants throw rocks?”
“Not stone giants. They prefer clubs of stone. And that’s the only race of giant in this region. Other then moss giants. They’re a peaceful race though.”
“Okay. What’s the absolute worst thing that can be leading those goblins, Wulf?”
He threw a log on the fire.
“A demon.”
“They strong?”
He looked at him.
“Very.”
“Tempesta strong?”
Wulf smiled an unpleasant smile.
“Yes. A high archdemon is as strong as Tempesta.”
“I don’t think the big guy would have just flown by if something of THAT caliber was in the area.”
Wulf chuckled.
“Indeed. Tempesta HATES demonkind with a ferocity only a Dragon can possess. If such a creature were loose in this area, he’d hunt it down himself.”
“Nice to know if we find one he missed, we can call in dragon support.”
Wulf and the other all laughed.
“The way this guy’s mind works. Only he would think of calling to a dragon to kill a demon.”
Tyler smiled.
“Okay, so, we’re looking at something that can bully stone giants and goblins in obeying.”
“Could be a rogue frost giant or an iron ogre. More plausible.”
“Okay, look at your HUDs. We got a heavy battle tomorrow.”
They all nodded, and did just that. Tyler had an extra hundred points to blow, so he split them between his strength, speed, agility, and defense. Afterward he poured more power into the spells.
“Let’s turn in. Tomorrow’s gonna suck.”
The fire was doused, and they went into the tent. Lily and Sera were curled up asleep. And Tyler smiled as he saw they really were too. He looked over to see Kaori and Malico laying down together. The two girls looked at him, and smiled.
“Wanna join us?”
Tyler went and laid between them. Kaori and Malico were naked, and smiled at the boy joining them.
“Okay, one rule.”
“Oh?”
The girls took turns kissing him.
“No dick. Just mouth and hands.”
“I can handle that.”
Tyler then leaned in to kiss Kaori as Malico took her nipple in her mouth to suck on. The blonde smiling as Tyler slipped a hand to her button. She bucked,
“Acceptable.”
Tyler slid a finger into her slit, and she moaned hard. Then he moved from her mouth to her untouched nipple, and she was gasping.
“Oh that feels so good. Don’t stop please!”
Tyler did not stop, and neither did Malico. Kaori arched her back as Tyler kissed her into silence with Malico restraining her body. Then her climax ended and Tyler turned on Malico.
“I waited far too long to do this!”
Malico giggled as he latched onto her large nipple.
“Oh my, he suckles better then Kaori!”
Tyler loved her nipple. He then remembered something about her people, he reached around, liftin her onto him, and grasped her tail. The catgirl jumped as he grasped it. Then she kissed him.
“You remembered.”
“I love you too, Malico.”
She smiled as he started stroking her tail. Her moaning increased ten-fold, and he kissed her as she blew as well. Then she smiled as she looked at kaori.
“This one’s dangerous.”
The blonde had a satisfied blush on her face as Tyler laid down between them.
“That he is.”
The girls then noticed the bulge below his belt.
“Shall we help him?”
“It’s only FAIR!”
the girls giggled as they exposed his favorite sword.
“Wow, bigger than I thought.”
“A ‘proper’ Warriors weapon an no mistake.”
Kaori took the thing in her hand, and Tyler laughed.
“What?”
“I got kaori herself with a hand on my sword. You told me that a month ago I’d said you were delusional. I love you, Kaori.”
She smiled as she moved her hand up and down his length,
“I love you too, Tyler.”
“Should warn you, it’s been a while.”
Malico and Kaori looked at each other.
“We really don’t wanna make a mess.”
“No we do not. Wanna show me your world’s play?”
kaori fit his sword into her mouth, and he bucked himself.
“Damn, Kaori. I love this new you! And your mouth.”
She smiled as Malico watched as she bobbed for apples along his length. The sexy catgirl looked at the happy smile on his face,
“So, this is how you play in your world.”
“We ain’t even started yet, kittycat.”
her tail flicked back and forth excitedly,
“Oh I cannot wait.”
Tyler smiled as he felt himself get close.
“Locked and loaded.”
All that got him was an increase in effort. He moaned quietly as Kaori swallowed her taste shot. Then he went limp, and she let him fall. She smiled as she kissed Malico.
“Well?”
the blonde smirked.
“I’ve waited FAR too long to do that to you.”
“Same here.”
She smiled again.
“I’ll get the taste out of my mouth before we kiss again.”
“Share it with Malico.”
That got a smile on both girls, and they went to it as Tyler put his sword away. He then heard a subtle whistle. He looked to get a thumbs up from Wulf in in front of the flap. Tyler flipped him a thumb as well before Kaori laid on his chest.
“Okay, I’m tired.”
Vixen was rubbing her own aching spot now as she took his left arm, and Malico his right.
“Good night ladies. And Wulf. Hope you enjoyed the show.”
“I hate you, so much. But respect.”
Sign up to rate and review this story