Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Tale of the Outcast warrior. Part 1

The Tale of the Outcast Warrior part 3

by Goreleech 0 reviews

Tyler and his party have discovered some problems in the Elven Queendom....and The Outcast is NOT happy. (I fixed it. Problem copying it all.)

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2021-11-20 - Updated: 2021-12-09 - 109525 words - Complete

0Unrated
DAYS UNTIL WAVE; 60



Tyler opened his eyes to see Kaori’s face near his own. He kissed her awake, and tasted Malico’s nipple in her mouth instead of his shot. She woke and hugged him.
“Good morning, my love.”
She shivered.
“Good morning, my love.”
Tyler helped them sneak out again, and get the camp ready. Tyler relighting the fire, and setting food to cooking as kaori brewed some coffee.
“Look our happy couple kaori. I’m cooking the food, you’re making the coffee. All we need is a house.”
She smiled widely at the thought.
“I wonder how much a house goes for?”
“We can ask Vixen. I’m thinking 1000 gold.”
“Seems a bit high.”
“Maybe lower, we’ll see.”
She smiled proudly then.
“Last night was fun.”
He smiled proudly then as well.
“That it was. We need to do it.”
She shivered hard.
“We do. But, let’s wait until we can do it right.”
“AS my lover says!”
She shivered even harder.
“Ohhh, stooppp! That’s not fair!”
her now aroused whine both cute and hilarious. Wulf came out then, and went about his morning rite before accepting a cup of coffee from Kaori. Tyler then laid out the map of the area. The elf sat across from him with his cup.
“What’s the plan?”
Tyler sighed.
“These two places, here and here seem likely camps for these things.”
The spots he’d pointed two were large circles with a circle of rocks around them. The experienced ranger nodded.
“I agree. I just hope it’s just ONE taken up.”
“If BOTH are?”
“Then we need to get to TopLeaf. For a goblin army is on the move.”
“We need answers, Wulf. We need then now.”
Tyler walked into the tent.
“Wake up ladies.”
They all jumped awake, and Malico looked at him.
“What’s wrong?”
“We need to hurry. Wulf thinks this could be a goblin army. Break camp and ready the horses for an immediate break. Wulf an I will go scout out the spots. If we’re not back in two hours, full gallop to TopLeaf. Understood?”
They nodded.
“Good.”
Tyler and Wulf ate their meal as they geared up.
“I’m good to go.”
Tyler had his blades, bow, and daggers, as Wulf his swords and bow. Tyler looked to kaori.
“Till we get back, your camp.”
She nodded as he and the ranger crested the hill and were gone. Kaori looked to Malico.
“Let’s get ready for them. They’ll be in a hurry when they get back.”


Tyler and Wulf moved through the rocks and trees with all the stealth of a hunting tiger and wolf. Tyler a step behind the ranger using all his stealth skills to keep up with the mountain elf in his home. They moved for about twenty minutes, when Wulf shot him a look, and they slowed their pace. The elf pointed to the sky where tall-tale smoke was seen. The Warrior dropped into the ranger’s shadow as he led them to a spot overlooking the hollow. They went prone to look over the area, and as soon as they did, both men groaned inwardly. The hollow was packed solid with sleeping goblins, Orcs, and with the random giant thrown into the mix. Tyler looked at Wulf, and rubbed his eyes, the elf got it, and they both used Farsight to scout the army. Tyler picking out at least ten different tribes among the goblins and orcs, as Wulf noted the giants were all stone. Tyler was looking towards the center, and spotted a large throne of bones in the center. The Warrior nudged the elf and nodded towards it. Upon the throne was a tall, red skinned thing with horns on it’s head and hooved feet. Tyler knew this thing. A rage demon. Fuckin perfect. Tyler sighed inwardly as Wulf looked at him, despair in his eyes at the sight of the beast. Tyler then shook his head and nodded to the way they’d come. The scouts melted into the woodland and made for the camp. They found the girls astride their horses and the camp bare.
“we need to get to TopLeaf TODAY. We have a rage demon in play.”
They went pale, and spurred their horses as fast as they dared along the road. Wulf on their right, with Vixen, and Malico as well. Wulf pulled astride Tyler.
“That’s not just a rage demon.”
“Lesser or greater?”
“Thank the gods, lesser.”
“I can kill it in a straight up fight. Main concern is the town and army.”
Vixen was looking in the direction of the hollow.
“How many?”
“I’d say at least 500 orcs and goblins. Thirty stone giants. One Lesser rage demon.”
She went white.
“That many?”
“That’s why we need to hurry. And pray the town mayor has a means to reach the queen. We need more fighters to kill that army.”
kaori spoke up.
“If we’re it?”
Tyler sighed.
“Vixen uses those to kill the army.”
The group went silent. Then Wulf chuckled.
“Any means necessary. I may hate the idea, but we may not have another choice.”
“That city have a wall?”
“Twenty feet tall, and before you ask, thirty town militia.”
“Plenty. Give me a good wall and thirty elven archers, yeah, not a soul get through.”
“You know that bastard will use Charlotte as a hostage, right?”
“Any gripes if I just kill her if that’s the play?”
They all looked at each other before replying.
“None. Last night was the last of my charity.”
“Understood.”
The party thundered along, pushing the horses as hard as they dared. And in four hours hard ride, they reached the township of TopLeaf. The town was surrounded by a tall wall, with a forest behind it. The friends rode to the front gate were they were hailed by a group of elven guard.
“Sirrah!”
“Get that gate closed. We got a goblin army led by a lesser rage demon on the march.”
The elf went white.
“report to the mayor fast like! We’ll sound the alarm.”
The friends were waved along as a loud wailing was heard and the gate slamming shut. The wall was manned as Tyler and Wulf raced to the office of the mayor. The mayor was a tall elven man with black hair and red eyes. Basically an older Wulf. As soon as word reached his ears of the army, he had his commanders of the town guard gather in the room as the two men that had seen it laid out their map. Tyler pointed to the hollows.
“Okay. Both of these are filled to bursting with orcs, goblins and the odd giant. We’re looking at max a thousand. I myself counted 500 orcs and goblins, thirty stone giants and a single lesser rage demon in one hollow. Way that thing sat, it was the only leader.”
A burly elf in leaf plate armor looked at the spots he pointed to.
“Those were not there a month ago. I’d stake my ears on it.”
“I figured since how perfectly round they are. Nature doesn’t do perfect circles like that.”
There was a mass of nods at his wise conclusion. Then an elf woman with a painted face spoke.
“I am Nightshade. I lead our scouts. What do we do?”
Tyler looked at a map of the city.
“Full lockdown. Seal the city. Nothing gets out period. When that thing gets here, and I’d wager either tonight or early tomorrow morning, our only hope is the wall holding. What do we have for fighters in the city?”
Nightshade crossed her arms.
“We have thirty town guard, maybe a hundred men that can wield a sword.”
“There a guild hall in town?”
“There is, but they won’t help us.”
“I’ll kill their strongest man. They’ll listen sharpish.”
That got a few chuckles as the mayor came over with a crystal.
“The queen is on the other end.”
Tyler smiled as An image of a beautiful elven lady in a gown of flowing of red was seen.
“Huh. So YOU’RE what an elf queen looks like? Well, not bad.”
That got a few snorts and chuckles, including from the queen herself.
“I see Seline wasn’t wrong about your humor.”
“Never doubt a fox’s intuition.”
That got a few approving nods as Wulf appeared.
“Sister.”
“What do you need?”
“Tyler’s in command here.”
“Granted. Warrior?”
Tyler was looking at the map.
“How soon can you get soldiers to us?”
“Two days if they leave now.”
“Send a complement of healers as well. I won’t be enough.”
“Understood. I can have two hundred elven knights under your command in two days.”
“Tell them the wielder of Eilisef’s bow needs their help. You’ll shave off a few hours.”
The name stunned the room, and Tyler held up his bow.
“It’s reworked itself for me, but it’s her bow.”
The elves sank to their knees.
“What are you orders, mighty one?”
“As long as that demon is in play, we’re fighting an uphill battle. Now I can kill that thing myself. Have the ones that can fight arm up. That thing thinks it knows what hell is? Ha! Let’s show the bastard what happens when it sets foot in an elf’s forest uninvited!”
“HURRAH!”
Tyler looked at Wulf.
“We’ll spilt command of your people.”
He nodded.
“Understood.”
Tyler looked at Nightshade.
“There wouldn’t happen to be anything like fire powder in the city? Would there?”
The feral elf lady smiled wickedly.
“We have two hundred barrels.”
“Let’s rig a few traps for the fuckers. They wanna knock on our front door? They better bring a long ass stick!”
The commanders roared again as Tyler rallied them. He then looked to a schematic of the walls.
“Barricade the entrances here, here, and here. Those giants will be throwing rocks, so we’ll need sniper support.”
Tyler was rubbing his chin when a runner came in with a letter.
“Sirrah! Fer you!”
Tyler took the letter and gave the lad 10 silver, a gesture NOT lost on the gathered elves. He tilted his head.
“Odd, yet convenient.”
He placed the letter down.
“Some odd reason the local dragon just okayed the use of airships for this. Must be an old friend of Tempesta.”
Wulf chuckled.
“Furiosa and Tempesta have been friendly for millennia.”
“Female?”
“Indeed.”
“Well, I guess even dragons are scared of their lady friends.”
That got a roar of approval from the gathered lady elves,
“See?”
Then laughter. Tyler smiled again.
“Do we have any ships in town?”
“A human military vessel.”
“Name?”
“Nidhogg.”
“Ol Gruven’s ship. Fitting.”
Tyler looked to the mayor.
“We need that ship.”
“The humans won’t aid us.”
“I got a couple friends they’ll listen to.”
Wulf smiled.
“They don’t just kill the captain.”
“Problem solved.”
Tyler looked to the nodding her head in approval queen.
“Okay. Use an airship to get your fighters here.”
“they’ll be on the ground tomorrow.”
“Which means the attack is in a few hours. Fuck. Nightshade, get the barrels ready, and camouflage them in a way ONLY we can tell.”
“Sirrah!”
She was gone.
Tyler looked to another elf.
“Arm the civilians. Go!”
“Sirrah.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes.
“Okay. Rest of you, ready the walls. Break!”
The elven commanders went to it with a passion, for the wielder of the bow had spoken. Tyler looked to the mayor.
“Get shelters ready for those that can’t fight or get wounded.”
“Sirrah.”
Tyler looked to Wulf.
“Let’s go play pirates.”
That got a smile. The tow men hurried to see Lilli and Sera seeing to there horses.
“You two, with us. We need your princess crap.”
They nodded and they hurried to the air hangar. A large stadium like thing that airships landed in. The Nidhogg was docked in the thing and as they approached, a helmed man came running.
“Civilians are NOT permitted near his Majesty’s airship!”
“Stand down, soldier, we need to see the captain.”
“Milady Lillia! Yes ma’am.”
The party were led right to the captain’s quarters. The man was looking at papers for his next voyage when the friends walked in. He went pale as Lillia and Sera appeared before him backed by Tyler and an elf.
“Miladies!”
He knelt, and Tyler noted a set of Licenses. Tyler looked at his friends.
“Search that ring.”
“On it.”
“You, surrender you Licenses for inspection.”
“Yes ma’am.”
The captain forked em over far too easily, but Tyler could see his eyes. They were clear. Wulf flipped through em.
“Clear. Ship magic.”
“Captain, this ship is to aid in the defense of TopLeaf by order of the Princesses.”
“Understood ma’am. We’ll be ready to launch in two hours time.”
“You are under Tyler’s command, that an issue?”
“One question, Sirrah.”
“Sure.”
“Why did you kill Gru?”
“Man sacrificed himself to aid my levels, give me his sword, and aid my escape with my friend when the pope tried to take what’s MINE.”
“Just like the old bastard. Thankee kindly laddee. Here.”
The captain handed Tyler a blue crystal.
“Allows messages between us and the ground.”
“We’re facing an army of goblins supported by rock throwing stone giants lead by a lesser rage demon.”
The captain went pale.
“Our task and position?”
“I want this ship to make life miserable for those stoners. What’s the maximum effective range on those cannons?”
“A thousand yards sirrah.”
“That far? More an I was hoping. Okay, how reliable are these things?”
“we use magic to keep it a perfect ten for ten.”
“Good answer. Shot?”
The man smiled.
“Regular explosive balls, chains, and grapeshot.”
“We’re going for hell on Lectis. Coat the chain and grape in oil. Whatever we can do to make them hurt. A lot.”
The captain was chuckling.
“Gruven woulda liked you. We’ll bring the pain.”
“Good man. This ends well, we’ll up end up as heroes.”
“or corpses.”
“Or both.”
Another laugh.
“Long as we take em all with us,”
“What more can ya ask fer?”
“Gruven woulda LOVED you!”
Tyler smiled.
“What’s your name Cap’n?”
“Greg.”
“Greg. I got a guild to scare shitless.”
“An we’ll make ready to launch.”
Tyler and his friends made haste to the hall as the captain roared the order for battle prep.
Tyler threw open the twenty-foot-tall and three foot thick hall doors like there were inches thick. The boom sending the room into an instant silence. Tyler smiled.
“Alright lads and lasses, put yer balls on, we got an army of goblins, orcs, and giants headed this way. They’re being led by a lesser rage demon that escaped from hell. So, we’re sending it back with a boot up it’s ass. Any questions?”
A mountain of an elf got up with a ten foot greatsword on his back to stand before Tyler.
“Why should we get involved with it?”
“You the strongest guy here?”
Tyler was still smiling at the taller elf.
“I am, laddee. An I’m not lookin fer a fight, what’s in it fer us?”
“Do you MEN seriously need a reward to defend women and children? I’m sorry, I guess I got the wrong ADVERNTURERS guild.”
That did it. The tall elf glared at him.
“Yer a bold one, come in here demandin our help, then insulting our honor. You be ye that make such a foolish err?”
“My name’s Tyler the Outcast.”
The name sent a wave of shudders through the assembled group. The elf looked at him.
“So that be why you got the balls to insult the honor of thirty adventurers. Ya can back it up! We’ll fight fer ya.”
“Good, archers will be up on the walls, everyone else with use whatever they got to make these green bastards regret making that lass there spill her mug!”
The ‘lass’ in question was a hulking lady with a massive double headed battle axe on her back. The room went deathly quiet as the lady rose to look the insolent boy in the eye. Even the hulking elf just backed the fuck up as the amazon approached. The lady was 7 feet tall, with long blonde hair, blazing blue eyes, a decent bust, and toned muscles on her board shouldered frame. She wore a half top of steel with spikes over her rack, leaving her stomach exposed, a plate skirt, and boots. Upon her hands were a pair of spiked fingerless gloves. Tyler just smiled at this imposing lady.
“I shoulda asked if he was the strongest PERSON in the room.”
Not a single sound was heard as the lady glared at him. Then she spoke.
“Ya must have a death wish to single ME out. BOY.”
“If I had a death wish, I’d piss off kaori. This? Just a bit o fun.”
He was still smiling as she threw a punch at him, only for him to side-step, tug her fist downward, and flip her onto her back. The lady went down in a crash of metal, and blinked twice at her new view of the ceiling. Tyler chuckled.
“Ya got a damned rock for a fist there, miss. Too bad ya can’t hit me with it.”
Tyler offered her his hand.
“Wanna try again?”
The lady grabbed his arm, and he lifted her to her feet like she weighed less then a child. The lady dusted herself off, before asking a single question.
“May I see your stats?”
“Sure.”
Tyler brought up his HUD, and showed her his stats. She looked at them, then to him. Then burst out laughing.
“Strongest PERSON in the room my ass!”
Tyler chuckled as he looked at an equally smiling Wulf.
“I think I found ye one!”
The elf froze mid laugh, and the entire room, including the woman in question, burst out laughing at the look of straight up fear in the elf’s eyes as he thought of it. His eye lids were twitching as his mind ground to a hard halt, before snapping entirely. Tyler looked to the lady.
“He’s gonna need a minute.”
The lady extended her arm.
“I be Lucy of the Bear barbarian tribe.”
Tyler clasped her arm in their manner.
“I be Tyler the Outcast. Nice to know ye.”
Lucy grinned at him.
“So, a Warrior.”
“Yup. A badass one at that.”
She tilted her head.
“Badass?”
“Means I’m fuckin awesome.”
“Oh I like this one!”
“That’s what they tell me.”
The room was relaxing now that the single most dangerous person in the guild hall was on good terms with the Warrior.
“So, you this lot’s momma?”
Annnd right back to near heart attack. Lucy saw what he was doing to them, and loved it.
“Nah. They wish though.”
“Must suck to be afraid to break man AND bed.”
The barbarian lady just laughed again.
“Okay, kid. Ya got me attention. Where’s ME spot in the coming fight?”
Tyler tiled his head.
“That limb splitter your only weapon?”
“I throw the spear as well.”
“Well, alright then. I REALLY wanna make a spear joke, but Lillia’s looking at me.”
“You do, and we’ll tell Kaori.”
“See? No death wish.”
Lucy smiled, and got a good look at the two girl’s faces.
“Laddee, are those?”
“Members of my party? Yes, yes they are.”
Lucy picked up on the hint.
“I see. They any good?”
“Learning. Quite well, I might add. They already know how to take initiative. In our last skirmish, the ladies had a stone giant’s eyes and throat locked in bow sights with ready shafts. Problem was they got screwed by a fellow Warrior that knocked their shafts down.”
Lucy was livid FOR the girls.
“If they had that thing dead to rights, why’d that idiot interfere?”
“her mantra is ‘proper young ladies CAN’T FIGHT’.”
“Bitch please, proper my ass. I broke the cowards nose with my fist for that.”
“That dumb bitch RUINED my plan! I HAD that fucker!”
Tyler, and every head in the room turned to look at Sera, who was grinding her foot into the stone floor in frustration at her foiled kill. Tyler smiled and jabbed a thumb their way.
“They look proper to you?”
Lucy threw her head back laughing.
“Oh they look proper alright! Proper adventurers!”
“Bout damn time.”
“I STILL wanna kill one o those things.”
“Damn, toots, you fierce. But you cute, so I’ll let it go.”
“Teehee!”
Tyler smiled as he looked at the sky.
“Okay, ladies, put yer balls on and gear up. I expect that attack to hit here in four hours if that.”
Lucy looked at him.
“Laddee.”
“Wanna run in my crew yer welcome to, long as you agree to me rules.”
She chuckled.
“They are?”
“1: As the strongest in the party, I hold the coin. 2: no work, no food. You either pull yer weight, or get cut loose.”
“Trust us, he’s a dick about it.”
“He’s mean!”
Lucy smiled.
“Any others?”
“In towns, we all share a room to save coin.”
Lucy threw her head back laughing at that one.
“That’s more an fair. What about unspoken rules?”
“Even simpler. We do dark work from time to time. Keep our secrets. Don’t get on a high horse, and listen to my commands.”
She looked at him.
“What kinda dark work?”
“We’re open enemies of the pope. I aim to kill the bastard. What do you think?”
She smiled widely.
“I can do that too. I agree to all the above.”
“Welcome to the nuthouse, Lucy. I’m head psychopath.”
Tyler was smiling, Now a barbarian. I like this party now.
“Okay, let’s go regroup with the others.”
They nodded. The hall was thrown into chaos as every adventurer went for their best gear and spells, as the Outcast had called for arms. So arms he’d GET!
Kaori, Malico, Vixen, and Lily were waiting by the walls. The blonde’s eyes went wide at the sight of the hulking lady with the axe.
“That trope too?”
Tyler smiled.
“Yup.”
Lucy laughed.
“I see you’re the one that keeps him on a tight leash.”
“And sometimes strangles him with it.”
Tyler rubbed his neck as she said this.
“I still remember that one time.”
She smacked him.
“See?”
Tyler looked at the group.
“Okay, let’s get topside and see what we got to play with.”
They went to the walltop and found Nightshade, the elven scout leader climbing up a grapple hook. The elf was the same as Wulf, dark hair, blood red eyes, dark skin. Her armour was leather and metal while bear footin it. Tyler hauled the lady over the battlements.
“How’s it looking Nightshade?”
She smiled.
“We have thirty barrels ready to go, Sirrah.”
Tyler looked over, and spotted them all in ten seconds.
“Nice. That one by the rock formation.”
“What of it Sirrah?”
“What kind of rock is that?”
She smiled darkly as she saw where he was going.
“Merely hard packed shale, Sirrah.”
Tyler looked at Wulf,
“I just got an idea.”
The elf gulped as Tyler pulled a small goblin ball from his pouch.
“Is it possible to coat the exterior of some of those barrels in these?”
Nightshade saw the spiked ball, and her dark smile got even darker.
“We’ll have another thirty rigged with those inside.”
“Atta an Elf!”
Tyler handed over the entire supply he had, reasoning he’d get more at some point. Lucy looked at Wulf.
“That is a nasty trick. Where’d he come up with it?”
“Ten gold says it’s a weapon from his world.”
“A weapon THAT NASTY? Okay, elfy, yer on.”
“Hey, Tyler.”
The named boy looked up from a map.
“What up?”
“Where’d you get that idea for the balls in the barrels?”
Tyler smiled.
“In my world, a common practice is to rig explosives with small objects like nails, screws, ball bearings, anything that can be flung outward in the blast. Some are so gnarly that all that’s left of the poor bastards hit with it is a mist.”
Lucy looked at Wulf in shock.
“That boy’s world is more familiar with hard warfare then ours is. Should listen to him talk about the city killers. Yeah, had a hard time falling asleep that night.”
Lucy looked as Tyler used his Farsight to gauge a shot for a barrel.
“This battle is going to be messy.”
Tyler had marked all the spots of regular blast barrels, and shrapnel barrels. All told, thirty of each.
“This is the Nidhogg, Outcast, can you hear me?”
Tyler placed hand on his crystal.
“Loud and clear Greg. Status?”
“Ships ready fer launch.”
“How long can you stay airborne?”
“Three days and nights.”
“Okay. Heads up, but be prepared to fight goblins riding enslaved harpies or some other creature.”
“Already did, Sirrah. Yer good, don’t get me wrong, but not our first battle.”
“Ha! Give it time, I’ll get there!”
“Well said!”
“Once the order is given, how quickly to get airborne to fire?”
“90 seconds.”
“Hmm, okay exactly as I expected. We’ll have to time it between rock volleys.”
“Understood, give the command and we’ll be up.”
“Aye-aye Cap’n.”
“Good lad!”
Tyler rubbed his eyes, and kaori put a hand on his shoulder.
“You okay?”
“Yeah, just running down the grocery list. Anything else we can do to throw their army off balance will help.”
Kaori looked at an open stretch of flat ground.
“Wanna try for a classic?”
“Oil and flame?”
“It’s a classic fer a reason.”
Tyler smiled and looked to Nightshade.
“It possible to rig a few barrels of pitch or other flammable liquids near the base of the wall?”
She pointed to where a group of elves were lying the barrels under some loose earth.
“It’s flat for a reason.”
“I KNEW I liked you fer a reason.”
She smiled as she looked at his map.
“We have a lot of preparations already set for the battle. Why don’t you go rest for a bit before the blood?”
“I will once I’m satisfied with everything. As for perp? Better OVERprepared then UNDER.”
Nightshade smiled approvingly.
“A fine sentiment. And one I approve of whole heartedly.”
“Okay, the goal here is dead to the last orc, goblin, and giant. That demon is MINE. Thinks he knows hell. Bullshit.”
Kaori just laughed.
“Wow, Tyler, I’d say your offended by it!”
“yer damn right I’m offended by it! Thing’s walking around using MY title like it was HIS gods-given-right? NO! That’s MINE!”
He had an indignant whine in his voice that made everyone crack up.
“Rider approaching the gate!”
Tyler looked, and sighed.
“Fucking hell.”
His party looked to see Charlotte riding at a full gallop to the city, and kaori glared at her.
“She’s nearly KILLED the poor thing!”
“let her in! Under guard!”
“Yes Sirrah!”
Tyler and his party came down to find Charlotte telling everyone they needed to run, that there was a massive army of monsters headed towards them.
“We need to run!”
Tyler walked into view.
“Relieve the coward of her weapons, and lock her in a cell. I know her, and she nearly got a few of my friends killed last night with her cowardice. Lucy, that’s the one I was tellin you about. And get that horse to the stable, poor thing’s suffered enough.”
“Sirrah!”
Charlotte was pulled screaming from her horse, disarmed, and carried away. Kaori went right to the poor animal,
“use that spell!”
“On it.”
Tyler cast his brown spell, and the animal’s relief was evident to all. Kaori was stroking the brown horse’s mane.
“You poor thing. Look, she hasn’t even FED the thing right! I can feel her ribs!”
The gathered elves, and everyone that was a native to Lectis, understood a good horse was worth more then it’s weight in gold. So seeing such a clearly mistreated and ill-cared for animal was enough to turn the whole town against the still ranting teacher. The horse was brought to the stable under kaori’s infuriated gaze, and was settled in with her own hands. Then Tyler and her walked to the prisoner’s cell for a last minute update. The guard was rapidly losing his patience with her, and Tyler patted his mail.
“Once we’re done, feel free to gag her.”
The elf smiled.
“I will at that Sirrah.”
“To think she’s a well-respected teacher ion our world.”
“How appalling. THAT woman has no business anywhere NEAR such a precious gift as a child’s mind!”
“You don’t know how right you are.”
Tyler and kaori left the shaking his head guard to where Charlotte was yanking on the black steel bars on her cell like a monkey at a zoo. Soon as Tyler and Kaori appeared, she went to her knees, sobbing.
“Let me go, please! I don’t want to die like that!”
“How far behind you are they?”
“Please, let me leave. I won’t hurt-“
“HOW FAR!?”
Tyler roared at her in rage at this coward so obsessed with her own skin she’d abandon them to death. Charlotte looked up at him through her tears.
“3 hours.”
“LESS then three. How many?”
“Several hundred.”
“Anything in the sky?”
“No.”
Tyler crouched to look her in the eye with his most hate filled glare.
“Are. You. Sure?”
She just broke down crying again.
“I’m sure. Please, let me leave, I need to get away. I don’t want to die like that!”
“That TWICE you’ve said that. WHAT HAPPENED AFTER YOU LEFT OUR CAMP!?”
She looked at him.
“I found another group of travelers on a little further along the way. A small family with a wagon. A father, a mother and two little girls. They were headed for TopLeaf as well. They let me stay as I was a Warrior, and said I was a hero of legend to them. We slept well that night. The next day I was readying my horse to go, when I heard a bunch of screaming from their camp. I had hitched Atlas further away so he would be safer. I snuck back to see what was happening,”
The teacher shut her eyes and tired to force the memory out of her mind. Tyler wasn’t having it.
“What. Did. You. See.”
She had her eyes shut as she spoke.
“I hid in a bush, and when I looked, a group of ten little green creatures had raided their campsite. They had the father on the wheel, holding his eyes open as his wife and girls were violated by the creatures. Repeatedly. Then they pulled knives and started to cut them. The blood, the screams, that poor girls eyes!”
“She saw you cowering.”
A nod.
“She had such a look of…..betrayal, and heartbrokenness, I ran.”
Tyler stood and wiped tears from his eyes for the family that had been left to die. Kaori was stunned.
“I haven’t seen tears fall from those eyes in YEARS Tyler.”
“That family could’ve been saved kaori.”
He then fixed Charlotte with a condemning glare.
“Even Sera can kill ten goblins with a dagger with the element of surprise. You left a family that shown you kindness to suffer a fate worse than death. I should kill you, as is only right for a coward, but I have Warriors work to do. Enjoy the screams, they’ll haunt you for the rest of your days. And I pray that poor girl’s soul my rest easy in the knowledge a TRUE Warrior will slay the creatures that hurt her and her kind hearted family.”
Tyler and kaori left he broken woman to her screams and the memory of the girl’s eyes. A girl that had shown her such kindness and admiration, only for her hero to turn around and leave her to her pain.

The guard was also wiping tears from his eyes.
“A wretched woman like her as a teacher.”
“No mercy.”
“Sirrah. She’s to be put on trial for this. Fer tis a crime of honor to abandon one’s duty to the extreme that she has.”
“I may not babysit this world, but if some needs my help then gods dammit they have it. That lady.”
Tyler was literally about to explode from his frustrated rage. Kaori placed a hand on his shoulder.
“Take it out on the creatures that hurt that family.”
“Not a single creature walks away under it’s own power.”
Tyler walked out then, or risk exploding from rage. The guard sighed.
“Thank the gods there is ONE true Warrior amongst us.”
kaori sighed as well.
“He’s so enraged because that lady had all the tools to do something, easily, and ran. Tyler’s hearing that poor girl scream as if he was there himself, and he knows all too well what that kind of betrayal feels like.”

Tyler walked back to the walls in a most foul of moods after his chat with the teacher. Tyler retook his spot at the map and looked over the battlefield.
“Wow, you’re pissed.”
He looked to see the Barbarian Lucy come to stand beside him.
“What she tell you?”
“That lady left a family that gave her shelter for the night to be captured by ten, TEN, goblins. Best part? She hid in a bush and watched them play. In full view of the family’s little girls, that had only hours earlier been gushing about how Warriors were her heroes.”
Lucy just stepped back in shock.
“She did WHAT?”
“Yeah. I’m not gonna be very good company for a bit.”
Tyler had dug his fingers into the stone of the battlements, crushing the red sandstone to powder as he strove to not explode like the stuff. Lucy smacked him on the back. Hard. And felt his own scars through his chainmail.
“Kid, don’t let the people behind you see you lose it.”
Tyler glanced over his shoulder, and saw the small army awaiting his orders. He smiled.
“Nice of ya to show up.”
They chuckled as he turned to face them. Tyler drew his sword, Gleipnir, and stabbed it into the stone to rest his hands upon the blade.
“If yer looking fer a speech, well, I suck at it but here goes.”
Another round of chuckles.
“I spoke to that rider that came in earlier. She told me where she spent the night, and what she did that has me on the verge of a rage. THAT LADY LEFT THE FAMILY OF FOUR, INCLUDING TWO GIRLS OF LILY’S SIZE AS TEN. THAT’S RIGHT. TEN GOBLINS PLAYED WITH THEM!”
The gasps of abject horror tore through the small force like a hurricane. Tyler was gripping his sword so tightly his hands were white.
“I can hear those girls scream like I was there myself. I will continue to hear them for many days to come. Even Lily herself can kill ten goblins with a knife!”
“Damn right I can! Momma didn’t raise a coward!”
“Atta girl!”
That got a round of affectionate smiles for the ferocious girl. Tyler then glared at them with his demon glare.
“I will see every last one of those vile creatures dead in a pile! They seek to come here to inflict that kind of pain on MY friends? NOT WHILE I HAVE STRENGTH TO MAKE A FIST! If THEY want a fight I give em a damned war!”
“Hurrrah!”
“We are what stand between those things out there and those we love. Men, women, and Wulf.”
“Fuck you!”
“Not into dudes, Wulf, we’ve been over this!”
The elf was aware of his ploy, and was smiling widely.
“I still hate you.”
“We’ve drawn our land in the dirt. This forest belongs to the elves. They want in? LET’S SEND EM TO THE TREES IN PIECES!”
“Uraaaah!”
Tyler then grabbed his shirt, and tore it clean off, showing off his Mythril vest. The sight of the legendary item sending a ripple of shock through the gathered fighters. Then he lifted the thing, and the shock was replaced by pity.
“THIS is my past. I lived through a hell the likes of which you cannot imagine.”
Here he paused to draw his strength.
“This is my past.”
HE then lifted his bow to view.
“BUT IT WILL NOT BE YOUR FUTURE!”
The army roared with the fire of it’s scarred leader with the Mythril weaponry and armor. Tyler waved the bow, and silence fell again.
“Two rules. 1: NO SURVIVORS. Dead to the last creature. 2: watch each other’s asses. They get hurt, get em to a healer. Oh, and three.”
He had a look of exasperation now.
“For the love of the gods, don’t shoot yourself in the foot. Okay?”
The army burst out laughing as they manned the battlements with a will of steel, a fire in their bellies, and a gleam to defend their homes and loved ones. Tyler placed his ruined shirt in his pouch for later repair. He then looked to where the enemy army was approaching.
“I thought you said you suck at speeches?”
Tyler smiled at Lucy.
“That was my first speech actually.”
The tall Barbarian laughed uproariously at this.
“Lad, you’re a terrifying one and no mistake!”
Tyler smiled as he watched the enemy army take up their positions.
“Well, this will be fun.”
A half hour later, Tyler stood atop a battlement with Gleipnir stabbed into the stone, Kaori to his right, Malico his left, Sera to Kaori’s right, Lillia, Malico’s left, Vixen to Sera’ right, Lucy to Lillia’s left. Wulf with Nightshade leading the archers on the ground behind the walls. Tyler used his Farsight to look into the demon’s face as it sat atop it’s throne of bones.
“So that’s what passes for a demon in this world, eh? Pf, I’m scarier an that thing.”
The demon looked into Tyler’s eyes and smiled. Tyler then felt a pressure on his mind.
“Welcome to MY hell.”
HE watched the thing bellow in agony as Tyler’s torture chamber of a mind got a hold of it. The pressure vanished, and the Demon was glaring at him.
“Bring it you reject from hell.”
Tyler had the distance now, and lifted his bow. He drew the thing all the way back, as he used a skill he’d gotten for this battle, Long Shot. Took aim and fired. Tyler then looked the Demon in the eye, smiled impudently, and flipped it the bird, thus enraging the beast. It stood to roar, only to catch his arrow in it’s chest. The thing fell back onto it’s throne, before tearing it out, struggling to snap it, as Tyler had used a drake scale shaft with an enhancement on it to increase durability, and roaring it’s challenge. Tyler drew in his own breath.
“BLUE DEMON DRAGON ROAAAAARRRRR!”
He breathed Tempesta’s flames into the sky, making the wall feel the heat, and adding a deep blue to the late afternoon day. His army were awestruck by their leader now breathing fire like a dragon. Then they were banging swords and spears on the battlements as they roared his name.
“Outcast! Outcast! Outcast!”
The first wave of enemies surged forward, as Tyler raised his bow again.
“Wait for it.”
A cloud of arrows came flying at them, only to get deflected by a defensive barrier raised by the guild’s blue pathers. The charging orcs and goblins threaded around the seemingly harmless piles of rocks.
“Nock.”
Arrows were added to strings as the things readied long ladders.
“Now!”
Tyler fired first, and the army fired right after him. His target being a further off barrel of explosive oil that went hit showered the surrounding goblins and orcs in burning pitch. The other shafts rained upon the clumped together goblins and orcs, some hitting other barrels as well, sewing widespread destruction and mass confusion.
“Nidhogg. Skies are clear.”
“Sir!”
The smoke from the burning pitch obscuring the eyes of the giants and their rocks. Once it cleared, they were faced with a full board side blast of cannons that killed over half the enemy throwers the first volley. The appearance of the warship taking the smug smile from the Demon on it’s throne’s face. The battle had been joined fully now. Tyler and his army firing volley after volley into the enemy face as theirs had yet to reach them. The air was filled with the sounds of the dead and dying overlaid with the sounds of the Nidhogg’s cannons. Tyler was firing volley after volley from his spot on the battlements, his brazen arrogance encouraging his outnumbered troops, and at the same time intimidating the enemy. Tyler smiled as a group of orcs were in range, and unleashed another breath of flame. The thirty orcs burning alive as they screamed in tortured agony. Tyler drank a mana potion as his friends were also active. Kaori making her demon bow sing as her accurate shots laid waste. Malico was loosing poisoned shafts left right and center, Lucy had a large pile of spears and was hurling them with terrifying accuracy. Even little Sera and Lillia were making progress, as their shots laid goblin and orc low.
“See Sera? I told you we’d have another chance!”
Sera was giggling like he was tickling her has she fired another shot.
“This is fun!”
Tyler reached for his next shaft, and found he only had the one left.
“Arrows!”
“Here Sirrah!”
Tyler swapped his empty for a full, as he sighted a group of four stone giants carrying a massive rock.
“Nidhogg, need cannons on those giants with the rock.”
“We’re out of balls, resupplying now.”
“Understood.”
Tyler took aim with a multi-enhancement shot. He fired, and it took a giant in the elbow, and blew straight through, tearing a bellow of pain from it’s throat, and crushing it and it’s companions under the massive slab.
“Mark that thing.”
“Sirrah!”
Tyler smiled as he got the range again, and rigged a nasty surprise. He fired had at the demon, and it caught the shaft in a bored manner, and snapped it. Only for it to explode with Acid from the black path.
“Thanks Vixen!”
The demon was roaring in pain as it melted his hand. Tyler flipped it off again, as he sought to enrage the beast to taking the field itself. The demon was glowing from how angry it was. Tyler made it worse by waving at it with his own hand that the demon had just lost.
“Need a hand? I got two!”
That was the last straw. The demon bellowed, and the army retreated. The thing then walked forward with burning steps, as it’s rage got the better of it’s better judgement. Tyler was smiling as he watched.
“Coming to play now hornboy?
“You WORTHLESS LITTLE HUMAN!”
“Eh? Speak up laddee! I canne hear ya down there!”
The demon was giving off magma so enraged it was.
“I challenge you to single combat, puny human!”
Tyler smiled.
“Now you have the Demon’s Attention. Yeah, I want my name back.”
Tyler pulled Gleipnir from it’s spot and slid down a rope to the ground as the demon pulled it’s own flaming greatsword. Tyler was happily whistling like he hadn’t a fuckin care in the world as he faced the 8 foot tall beast. The arrogantly grinning boy tilted his head at the beast.
“So, I win your army kills itself.”
“I win, yours the same.”
“Agreed.”
“Let’s dance.”
“I’ll lead!”
Tyler surged forward, leaving a small crater behind him as he flew at the demon as it tried to block, only for Tyler to breath Tempesta’s fire at it at near pointblank range. As it was his own attack, Tyler had no need to fear diving into his own flames to slash at the beast now fighting the flames with his own power. Tyler carved an arm from the beast, before pivoting on a leg to slice a leg out from under it. The thing fell to the ground, and Tyler was right there plunging the sword into the beast’s heart. It screamed as the beast thrashed in a vain attempt to defy death. Then it burst into blue flames as it faded from life and reality. Dropping a single, red horn behind. Tyler lifted the horn, and looked to the now slitting it’s own throat goblin army. He drew in a breath.
“We have victory!”
The army roared as the goblin army, bound by a demon challenge, slit every throat. Tyler swung his blade, and the vile demon blood was flung off, before he sheathed the thing on his back. He then walked to the rope and was pulled up to a hero’s return. Tyler and his team were hoisted up on shoulders as they won the day, for Tyler had exploited the single weakness that demonkind have: Their pride. With that, and his terrifying blade work, he had won the day and slain a lesser rage demon single handedly, and due to the terms of the Challenge, could claim the deaths of every single creature affected by it as his own kill. In short? He killed a demon and it’s army nearly single handedly. Tyler had kaori’s hand in his as the Warriors were set on their feet atop a battlement, and the army awaited his next words. Tyler looked at them
“We’re not done yet. We need to search that army, they may have spells we cannot leave out there.”
Nightshade came forward and knelt.
“What are we looking for?”
“Banned black spells.”
That sent a murmur of concern through the small gathering. Nightshade looked up to him.
“It will be done Lord.”
“I have a procedure for what to do in the event of a find.”
He handed a scroll to her.
“Once that army is searched, let’s pile them up. I’ll set em now fire. AS A WARNING TO THE NEXT IDIOT THAT WANTS TO SET FOOT IN THE ELVE’S HOME!”
They roared with approval at his words, then he nudged kaori, who picked RIGHT up on where he was going. He grabbed his beautiful companion and kissed her right there in front of the army, getting whistling cheers this time as they saw he was NOT just blood and fire. After the army went and fell upon the dead creatures to begin the search as he looked to Nightshade.
“Injuries?”
The elf smiled.
“A few arrow wounds, but nothing a potion didn’t heal.”
“Wow, we won a bloodless victory. Nice.”
She smiled proudly.
“The mayor has the queen on a crystal.”
“Should be a fun time. Outcasts! Let’s move!”
Tyler and his friends headed for the mayor’s house. The Warrior went right for Sera and Lillia, as the two girls were smiling widely after their first battle.
“How are you to holding up?”
Sera hugged him.
“My fingers hurt!”
That got a laugh, as Lillia smiled.
“I feel…..proud. I haven’t felt this….fulfilled in so long.”
“If you start to lose it, we got you.”
She hugged him.
“Thank you for giving me the strength to stand.”
Tyler hugged her right back.
“I gave you nothing. You had that strength along, only thing you needed was someone to show you HOW to wield it.”
That made her smile with pride as Tyler looked to Wulf.
“I guess that legend WASN’T total bullshit.”
The elven ranger burst out laughing.
“I guess not. Who’d have thought YOU would play the hero?”
Tyler was laughing as well.
“I had to! That bastard STOLE MY NAME!”
The crew were laughing as Lily came running to get a hug off Wulf.
“Uncle Wolf! You won!”
The elf hoisted his niece into his arms as they walked into the Mayor’s house.
“We had the TRUE Demon on our side Flower.”
She giggled.
“even if she’s STILL too good for him!”
“So wise at such a young age.”
The victorious fighters walked into the mayor’s office where the Queen’s image was seen on the crystal. Tyler was smiling from ear to ear.
“Everything went exactly according to plan.”
His friends looked at him.
“You…..had a plan this time?”
Tyler chuckled.
“I did. If I got under that thing’s skin I knew I could enrage it to take the field itself. See, thing about a rage demon, piss it off, and you’re golden. It’ll lose ALL it’s superior tactical sense and strategy. Like if you enrage a bull.”
Tatiana laughed as his friends looked at each other, before Kaori smiled.
“See thing about Tyler? He wings it a good 99% of the time. But as soon as deeper thought is required, and he needs a plan, they NEVER fail.”
Lily was nodding sagely.
“He’s an idiot. But a smart idiot.”
“Glad I got your seal of approval Lily! Moving up in the world!”
The room laughed at that. Then Lily sighed as she rubbed her Deer skin gown.
“barely. Ya got it, but just barely.”
Tyler smiled as he looked at the Queen’s image.
“I have the army searching banned blacks as we speak.”
The elf queen nodded.
“I see. May I ask what your goal with them are?”
“Destruction is the ultimate goal, but I was not sure for the mean time.”
Wulf was heard next.
“We thought it best to consult your wisdom, Sister.”
“Still explains how much of a royal pain in the ass he is.”
“I know where you sleep you infuriating prick.”
Tatiana smiled widely.
“Glad to see YOU’RE having fun, Wulfy.”
“Don’t even think about it.”
Tyler had been smiling as the queen said that, now he just shrugged.
“Eh, fine. So, the Licenses.”
Tatiana rubbed her temples.
“I got a copy of the procedure you gave Seline. We’ve actually implemented it ourselves, and the number of finds are simply horrifying. How many rings do you have?”
“Malico.”
The busty catgirl came and laid their full ring, and the one they just started. The Queen nodded.
“Okay, when you fill a ring, bring it to a White Path of Purity temple. They abhor the banned black spells as a core tenet of their faith, so they will oversee destruction.”
“I myself will attend the destruction of a full ring. More eyes the better.”
“I understand and agree. Should you be in the field and fill a ring, use the dragon flame you got from Tempesta. That will be PLENTY to destroy them.”
“Understood. Did you see the battle?”
She had a twinkle in her red eyes.
“I did indeed via viewing crystal.”
“We’re awesome, aren’t we?”
She laughed.
“You are at that. I made a recording I intended to show Ishtar.”
“Nothing better for a father then seeing his girls holding their own with a Warrior in a large-scale battle.”
Sera and Lillia were smiling with pride as he praised them in a roundabout manner. Tatiana smiled as well.
“My knights will assist when they arrive in the morning.”
“They pissed they missed the fight?”
“Not even irritated. We don’t raise blood-hungry monsters here. If they get called out to battle, but find the fight won before they get there, it’s considered a win for life. As war is NEVER a good thing.”
“my stance is if it’s against those kinds of creatures, well, more we kill now the less poor bastards get caught by them.”
She glared at him.
“I heard about that woman.”
“Wanna know a fun fact?”
She looked at him, angrily curious.
“Sure.”
“In our world, she was a highly respected school teacher. MY teacher to be exact.”
She gaped at him in absolute horror.
“That WOMAN was a school teacher? A HIGHLY Respected one?”
“Yup. Get this, last night she was traveling with us here before we learned of the army. We got attacked by a large raiding party of goblins with a pair of stone giants. Well, a giant got into camp and launched my bitch ass into a rock wall. I’d had Sera and Lillia take shelter inside the cave at the back of the hollow. Well, the two ladies saw a golden opportunity to take part in the battle, as the place they’d been standing was PERFECT for taking the giant’s eyes or throat when it crouched to get me. They HAD that thing dead to rights.”
Sera and Lillia were nodding along.
“I HAD that thing! It’s eyes were mine!”
“Eyes? I had it’s throat!”
They all laughed affectionately. The Tatiana sighed.
“What happened?”
“That lady comes over and slapped their arrows down, telling them to run, as ‘proper young ladies CAN’T FIGHT’.”
Tatiana had to grasp an unseen table to keep herself from falling over.
“Oh may the gods have mercy upon my poor soul. Those poor girls!”
“Wanna know the kicker?”
She had such a look of pain on her pretty face.
“Sure, what else did she do?”
“Lillia, one of the ‘proper young ladies’ slugged her in the face so hard her nose was flat as a broad.”
Tatiana burst out laughing as Lillia cracked her fist.
“She pissed me off.”
They all laughed at that. Then the queen smiled at the princesses fondly.
“I’m so proud of you two. Your mother would be as well.”
The two girls were glowing. Tyler was also smiling.
“They’re still green, but they’re learning. Plus they have a spine not made of jelly. They’ll get there.”
Sera came over and hugged him.
“Like we have a choice!”
Tyler hugged her right back.
“It’s a rule for a reason, runt. Want food, pull your weight.”
She giggled as Tatiana noted something.
“I see. They’ve joined your party.”
Tyler looked at her.
“That a problem?”
She threw her head back laughing.
“Not even a little. It’s a GOOD thing. Nothing like the royal family picking up their blades to travel with Warriors to defend their homeland.”
“warrior princesses are kinda a culture-wide basis for stories in my world.”
Tatiana nodded approvingly.
“I love that sentiment. Warrior Princess. It even has a nice ring to it!”
Tyler was patting Sera hair.
“So, I’ll go assist the healers from the last time a group of Warriors visited the town, afterwards we’ll go aid in recovery efforts for the battle, and sit in on Charlotte’s trial.”
Tatiana sighed.
“We can’t kill a Warrior. As much as we want to. We need them to fight the waves.”
“You and I both know I’ll have to carry the battle.”
“Trust me on this, Tyler, the whole WORLD knows. So, as for Charlotte’s punishment. A branding.”
“Of her as a vile coward?”
“Indeed. Lily herself with a dagger can kill ten goblins caught by surprise alone!”
“I said the exact same thing.”
“Momma didn’t raise a coward! Or a jellyfish!”
“Atta girl!”
The room glowed with pride at the fierce little elf. Tyler chuckled as he jabbed a thumb at her.
“I think she’s after me job!”
“Nah. You suck at it enough, more after Kaori’s job.”
HE and the blonde looked at each other, flabbergasted by that bombshell. Then they both looked at Lily, who smiled at Tyler sweetly.
“Men suck. But you? Eh, you okay.”
Tyler gulped comically as he looked to kaori.
“I think……..I’m in over my head here.”
That did it. The room, including the queen, just burst out laughing at the look of mind blown on Tyler’s face, and the smug look on Lily’s face as she laid her challenge to kaori for the Warrior’s heart. Tyler’s eyes were flicking from Lily to kaori, as if PRAYING the blonde would help him here, Come on, Kaori! Don’t leave me hanging like this! Kaori smiled at her new challenger.
“Well, Lily, Let’s wait a few years for that.”
“Eh, FINE. You can keep him. For now.”
“Ummm, now all of a sudden I feel like a shared pair of pants. Not sure why though.”
Lily rubbed her eyes.
“You can train him up for me.”
“Now I feel like a damn dog! The hell!”
“He’ll have a bunch of new tricks to use when the time comes.”
“Hey, you DO remember your other nickname is Shadow, right?”
Kaori gulped this time as she remembered.
“Right. Okay. No more dog puns.”
“THANK you.”
Lily was smiling.
“Well, enjoy your time together. Cause in a few years he’s MINE.”
“Now I’m scared.”
The room was having trouble breathing at the trio’s conversation. Lily, for her part, let them off the hook and settled for rubbing her dagger on a table corner. Tyler looked to Tatiana.
“So, the bow.”
The queen got her mirth under control.
“Is yours. It is only right the Elven Champion wields the bow of another Hero.”
“Okay. Should we still go to the capital? Be perfectly honest, only reason we even came this way period was because of the bow and Licenses. We have a plan in place for the Licenses, and the bow issue was resolved.”
Wulf had a thought.
“I’d still suggest going. If for no other reason than to see the capital.”
Tatiana had another point.
“I’d also request you do. You’re to receive a new title for your defense of the elven homeland, and I’d like to give my people a reason to celebrate.”
“Like a bunch of elves NEED a reason to throw a party. But, sure.”
That made every elf in the room smile. Tyler nodded.
“Alright. We got work to do.”
“That you do. I’ll let you get to it.”
The queen left the crystal, as Tyler looked to the mayor.
“Sorry, but what’s your name?”
The elf chuckled.
“Logrian sirrah.”
“I understand there were injured from the last Warriors that came through.”
“I’ll take you to them.”
Tyler and his friends followed the elven mayor as he showed them to a tall building with a red circle upon it. Tyler sighed as he looked at the rows of beds.
“Getting real tired of this.”
An elven nurse in a green uniform came over with a board.
“Sirrah, are you here to aid in healing?”
“I can cast Holy Relief, Holy Care and Divine resurgence flawlessly. Who needs it the most?”
The elf’s pointed ears twitched.
“The children please.”
“Point me to em.”
Tyler spent the next two hours casting his spells upon the wounded. Getting thanks and grunts.
“Laying on me job when me town needed me.”
Tyler smiled at the tall elf he’d just healed a broken leg.
“See, the thing about Orcs and Goblins? They’re stupid. They’ll try it again.”
That got a snort.
“Aye, laddee. An I’ll be there to meet em with me axe!”
The Warrior smiled at that. Once the last person was healed, he drank a mana potion, as kaori came over.
“You good?”
Tyler smiled at his concerned friend.
“I’m good. I got three hundred stamina, so I can go for a while longer.”
He kissed her to make the point, and she smiled.
“Just worried.”
“Just love you.”
She smiled happily. From beaten dog, to hero of the elves!
Tyler and his team left to go assist with searching. Sera bouncing along as she held her hero’s hand. They found Nightshade with a board with a small pile of Licenses at her feet. Tyler sighed as he came up beside her.
“How far have you gotten?”
She looked at him.
“About Half Sirrah.”
“Okay, what part HAVEN’T you touched yet?”
“The far right, Sirrah We’re starting on the left and moving towards the right.”
“Me and my crew will take the right and meet you in the middle.”
“Aye.”
So, Tyler and his team spent another few hours searching the bodies of the dead. The work progressed quickly, as he and his friends were highly experienced at the task.
“Got a Mind!”
“Nice, Lucy!”
“Hey, found three Rivers!”
“You know the drill!”
“Ouch! What are you ya bastard? Ha! Got a Misery!”
“Wow, got a Roiling Fire.”
“That’s new. What’s it do, Wulf?”
“Costs five mana, and forces a target to willingly torture itself with a fire.”
“Nasty.”
Tyler stood up after looking over a goblin corpse, and as he did, he found himself looking into the red eyes of a startled elven girl with a small ring of Licenses. He smiled at her kindly.
“Nice haul there, miss.”
She smiled back at him, albeit a little nervously, as if unsure of how to address the Hero of her town.
“Thank you, Sirrah. I’m called Maple.”
“Tyler. Pleased to meetcha. You the only member of your team to get this far?”
She gestured to her left where a small line were working over the corpses.
“We’re a small group of adventurers, but we work well.”
Tyler smiled as he watched the highly efficient group work.
“Good to see.”
She blushed a little as he praised her friends. She was about to say something when his gaze hardened.
“Well, THAT took longer than I expected.”
He was loading an arrow as a group of bird-like creatures appeared over the trees. Tyler blew a loud, piercing whistle that sent the army for their bows as he took aim. The things were maybe ten feet long, with twenty foot wingspans, and the heads of lizards. Tyler sighed as he took aim.
“Great. Rock drakes.”
The things had goblin fliers on their backs, and upon seeing that the army was dead to the last, they hesitated, and that was all it took for a single rush of twangs as the elven archers shot the group of ten out of the sky with the first volley. The things fell to the dirt, killing their fliers out right. Tyler’s arrow having taken a rock drake in the head as the body was pierced by his friends. One of them landing right by his feet, and slide along the ground, and Tyler lifted a foot to rest on it as it stopped. He looked at a stunned Maple.
“Hiya, Maple, rock drakes. We can eat them, right?”
She just cracked up laughing.
“Aye Sirrah. They’re very tasty!”
“Nice of the goblins to deliver us supper!”
That made them all laugh, as the rider of the drake Tyler had his foot ion stirred.
“Well, nifty.”
Tyler walked over whistling as the crippled goblin looked at him. It started pleading.
“Please mighty one, a quick death!”
It had a flat, nasally voice that grated on Tyler’s nerves.
“Why didn’t you die after the challenge?”
The goblin was fixed with Tyler’s demon glare.
“We did not hear the challenge. A Demon Challenge only works if it is HEARD, mighty one!”
“Was this the only army?”
“It was Great one. The Dark One was set loose after a mage summoned it and was killed.”
“What took you so long to get here?”
“Rock Drakes are useless in high noon sunlight. They overheat and die underneath their riders.”
“Where are you getting your black spells?”
“The church has been selling them to our kind for years. Or we make em ourselves.”
“Course they do, and course you do.”
Tyler killed the thing and Maple relieved it of it’s Licenses. Tyler rubbed his eyes.
“Why o why does that NOT surprise me?”
Maple was a little shaken by the thing’s answers.
“The church has been selling these evil things to goblinkin?”
“And to the highest bidder. Wulf!”
The ranger came running.
“What it tell you?”
“The church is selling these to the creatures of the land. Go see Logrian and kick this to the queen. Have her implement my procedure for the Licenses across the elven lands.”
“On it.”
The ranger took off running, as Maple looked to Tyler as he gauged the remaining work.
“Okay. The drakes are more fun then a pain in the ass. I’d say we’re about three-quarters done with the search. Then the once over, then the trial, and then the victory party. Yeah, gonna be a full day.”
Maple smiled.
“Wait until you see an elven party, Lord.”
“Have been since I got here.”
Tyler and a proud Maple returned to the work, and after another hour the corpses were stripped clean, and put in a pile thirty feet tall and ten across. Tyler smiled widely.
“This is gonna stink to high hell.”
That got a laugh as he pulled in a breath. He bathed the pile in his hottest flames to date, and the pile burned like a beacon that could be seen for miles, and the pillar of smoke even further. The flames were a deep blue, and once set, Tyler hit it three more times, just to set the point. With the flames blazing merrily, Tyler sat on the council that presided over the trial of Charlotte the Warrior Coward. The courtroom was nearly identical to an assembly hall in his old world, with the main difference being the judge was a set of 5 wise men sitting on a raised dais. Tyler, for leading the defending army to a bloodless victory, was gifted the right to sit upon one chair, and as he was a chief witness against her, was also put on the side condemning her. As, in elven society, the proceeding had four members. Two that believed she was guilty, and sought to proof it, two that thought she was innocent, and sought to proof it, and a neutral fifth, that if persuaded one way or another would decide the outcome period. The goal was to convince another of the accused either guilt or innocence. Tyler, however, did NOT like the chair he now sat it. Leading an army into battle is one thing, but presiding over a courtroom is an entirely different matter. As was the way of the elves, every member of the town or city in which the trials took place in had a right to observe. So, a solid majority of the town was in attendance. Tyler smiled as he saw Sera and Lillia one chairs on his side, as they too were witnesses. Per the rules of the court, he was not allowed to speak until the trial began, and not to the other witnesses period until it had concluded. This is a rather nifty system they got. My world could learn a thing or two. Tyler pulled his dagger out and was cleaning it as he waited for the thing to get underway. Kaori was sitting in the front of a set of pews where Tyler could see her clearly, with the rest of his team around her in a protective wall. Lucy looks COMPLETELY out of place. A barbarian warrior maid in a elven courtroom. If we had a dwarf, we’d have the perfect mismatch! He smiled, and saw that Kaori had seen it as well. He heard a sigh as the elves elected to prove she was innocent sat in their respective chairs. The looks of disgust well-hidden on their faces at having to defend such a lady easily seen by Tyler, whereas the elven lady that was to help him prove her guilt sat next to him. She was a rather pretty elf, her dark hair shimmering, dark grey skin smooth and her red eyes shone like the coals of fire. She wore a light dress the hung to her ankles belted by a girdle of red that clashed with the blue of the dress. As was the way of the court, each party was required to interview the accused until they were satisfied. Since Tyler had been there personally, he had elected NOT to take part in the interview, lest he snap and kill the lady outright. The elf smiled at him as he sheathed his dagger.
“A pleasure, Hero. My name is Merrill.”
Tyler smiled at the pretty elf.
“Nice to put a name to the pretty face, Merrill. My name’s Tyler.”
She had a warm smile on her face as she saw the subtle nod from Kaori, and seeing the hidden message: Have fun, but I’m FIRST. Merrill pulled a paper from a small case she had and passed it to the now curious Warrior beside her.
“her statement.”
“Ah.”
Tyler sighed as he looked at it, he read it in his mind as he went.
“I was unable to help that poor family, for I would have died in the process. Or been captured in their place. I don’t want to die like that. I prevented the royal princesses from fighting as ladies of their pedigree and position CAN’T fight, as it would lower them to the level of guttertrash, and that they MUST set an example to ladies everywhere. It is the MEN’s job to defend the ladies of the land, and the princesses above all else. It was not right that they were forced to fight period. They shouldn’t even BE here. They should be sitting in the palace living the life we ALL wish we could!”
Tyler groaned as he passed the document back to Merrill.
“If I keep reading that, I’m like to explode.”
She sighed.
“I nearly did as well.”
Tyler leaned in to whisper in her ear.
“I get why she tried to stop them now. She WANTS TO BE THEM. Or, set herself up as the one that protected them in the field and get rewarded a life of luxury.”
Merrill nodded subtly.
“I got that feeling as well.”
“So a selfish, GREEDY coward.”
“The worst kind.”
“I hate this already.”
She smiled as he sat back.
“A good drink always helps me after the trying ones.”
“I heard their throwing a victory party later.”
Now her red eyes were lit with eagerness.
“Indeed we are.”
“We are going to get SOOOOOOO wrecked!”
She smirked.
“I am curious as to how you party in your world.”
Tyler smiled with a rather, ominous feeling to it.
“Ohhh, that POOR town.”
“hey, you make a mess you clean it!”
“Was gonna. Both ways. Also.”
He looked at kaori, and smiled at her, getting a happily eager smile back from the blonde.
“I get the feeling we’re gonna have some fun. Her an I.”
Merrill looked at Kaori, and smiled a knowing smile. The beautiful blonde picked RIGHT up on it. Oh THAT’S his game? Well, alright then! Kaori felt a warmness in her heart, and an excitement as well. We NEED to hurry this the fuck up so we can GET fucked up! The last member sat in the neutral chair, and the prisoner was brought in. Charlotte’s leathers were full of grime and dust, her brown hair matted, and her hazel eyes red from tears. She was in chains and was attached to a long rod set in the floor for either the unruly or bolters. And since her crime was abandonment of duty, she was branded a coward. Tyler had a hard time not launching himself at her and killing her for her betrayal of the girls. He forced his rapidly mounting anger down as the elf in the head chair rose to open the trial.
“On this day let it be known that the Warrior known as Charlotte stands accused of abandonment of duty, interfering in the works of Warriors she herself is a part of, Horse abuse and neglect, and extreme cowardice in the face of a Warrior’s sworn duty. I am Proctor Eldrige. To my left is the Hero of the Elves Tyler the Outcast, to his left, Merrill of the Piercing Gaze. They represent the condemnation, to my right is Mollock of Sound Judgment, and Elif of fair reasoning. They are her defense. Now, let us proceed. Who wishes to open?”
Elif stood.
“The defense sirrah.”
“Very well, the floor is yours.”
The elf walked to look at the woman.
“You said to us that in your world you were a school teacher that had never before seen a sword, is that correct?”
Charlotte looked at him as she spoke.
“Indeed Sirrah. My job was to teach math. Not fight.”
Elif looked to the gathered Council.
“So we have a lady that has lived all her life to this moment in relative ease and safety, never knowing danger that we all grow up with. Throw her into our world, and you have the recipe for a worse case scenario. It is not just of us to condemn her failings as she has never had to fight for her life before.”
Tyler looked to Merrill.
“May I?”
She smiled.
“Proctor, my Assistant Tyler has requested to speak.”
“Granted. Make your counter argument lad.”
Tyler stood.
“certainly.”
Tyler walked to stand before the lady and address Elif.
“You say she has never had to fight for her life. That much is indeed true, even though her home in our world suffered a home invasion. A trio of men broke into her home with the intent of rape and sacking, only her husband, a man by the name of Luke, who was a trained soldier, had instructed the accused in numerous self-defense methods and how to use the weapons of our world effectively. So, in this event, she hid in a closet as the men murdered her husband and walked out the front door.”
Tyler looked to the now shutting her eyes Charlotte.
“Is our world safer then yours is on a day to day basis? Yes it is. I am also in agreement with your point that this is still all so new to her. But an important fact I think has been omitted is the fact I met her at the SkySpear in Raylik turning in a bounty to the Lady Yoko. I myself noted she was placing a weapon of the Black Path on the rack, and was curious as to her kill. So, unless she stole that kill from another hunter, she HAS the capacity to fight for her life, if she did not, she’d be dead right now. I suggest looking at her Bestiary.”
The Proctor nodded and the lady’s bestiary was shown to all. Tyler pointed to her strongest kill.
“She’s killed a black bear with a sword. To preform such a feat, one needs both the know how to wield a blade, and the drive to do so. Those two facts, the bounty and the bear, show me she has adapted to this world just fine, and KNOWING full well she had the strength to help, left that family that had hours prior gave her shelter and the food of their table if I understood her tale correctly, to a fate worse then death itself. And WATCHED from a bush.”
Tyler looked to Elif.
“As further proof of her cowardice, in our world, before my strength as you all knew it, I was the one that got kicked around and spit on. Sometimes in full view of Charlotte herself. She never ONCE lifted a finger to aid me, even when the other students thought it fun to bash hard covered books over my back as a bit of fun. She just closed her eyes until they ran out of steam and sat down on their own. The Lady Kaori has herself witnessed this herself, as she too is a native of my world.”
The Proctor looked to the blonde.
“Milady, is this story true?”
kaori rose and stood before the court.
“It is sir. Only thing he left out was the blood that was pouring from his nose from the first shot to the face. Oh, and the length of time for the beating. A solid twenty minutes of thuds, wacks, the cruel laughter as the teacher that is supposed to protect her students just stood there with her eyes covered with her hands.”
“YOU DIDN’T HELP HIM EITHER!”
Charlotte was screaming at the blonde for her condemning words. The now teary eyed Proctor looked to kaori.
“Is there a reason for that Milady?”
Kaori smiled with pride for her friend.
“It is his way, Sir. Even then he protected me in any way he could. He told me, flat out, that in those situations, never to shed a tear, never try to stop them, or aid him in the moment, no matter HOW I wanted to. For to do so would draw their gaze upon me, and they’d inflict the same torture upon me that they did him. But, to counter her point? I did help him. After class I reset his broken nose and helped him clean up out of sight of the other students. That was our way. He’d get broken, and we’d work together to put him back together.”
Elif spoke then.
“Could the reason she turned a blind eye was to also avoid the same fate?”
Tyler took up the thread.
“it could very well be. All those that bullied me were a part of the school’s sports team, and because of that got preferential treatment. That said, there are stories of teachers taking bullets for their students. Oh, right I forgot. A bullet is a piece of ammo fired from a mini version of a cannon.”
Elif nodded.
“Thank you for the description. I have spoken with Ambassador Wulf regarding the weaponry of your world.”
“Good LUCK sleeping tonight.”
That got a smile as the room chuckled. Tyler had to dig a little to pick up his train of thought.
“Where was I going with this? Ah yeah. We hear of teachers throwing bullies out on their faces, getting stabbed and doing what they’re SUPPOSED to do. Plus the fact in our world, children are viewed as second class citizens to adults, so she had the authority behind her to step in as well.”
Lily was heard muttering.
“Second class citizen my ass.”
The room burst out laughing at the fierce child. Tyler wiped a tear from his eyes.
“Oh I am SO scared of the type of fighter that wildcat will turn into.”
“I WILL come to claim what’s MINE Kaori!”
“Yup. I’m screwed.”
The room was how having a hard time breathing at that one. Even the Proctor was laughing. Once the room fell silent, Charlotte’s appalled voice was heard.
“How could you even THINK of her like that Tyler! She’s just a child!”
Tyler looked to the Proctor.
“Question, but how old is Lily?”
Wulf’s voice was heard.
“110.”
“Thanks Wulf.”
Tyler looked to Charlotte.
“See? New world, new rules. Besides, we’re looking at what? Fifty years before she even hits puberty?”
That got a snort from a few elves.
“try a hundred laddee.”
“See? I’m still learning as well.”
Wulf had Lily on his lap, as the small girl crossed her arms and nodded sagely.
“Nice to see even an idiot like him can learn SOMETHING.”
Tyler just smiled as the room lost it again. Once they recovered he looked to Elif.
“My point, is even with all the backing of our world’s rules, she STILL turned her back on those that needed her most.”
Elif looked at Tyler.
“Do you not do that as well, sirrah?”
“I am not here to babysit the world. I have my own wants, needs and aspirations to see through. That said.”
Tyler’s fist was heard cracking as he sought to control his mounting rage.
“If I encounter someone on the trail that needs aid, I do whatever I can. Look at the battle. We learned of the army that morning. I had the choice to just get on my horse and head in the opposite direction. I did not. I risked our very lives to come warn you, and put the lives of my friends on the line to defend you. Without hesitating. Now I am by no means a nice or caring person. It’s only by the grace of Kaori and Malico that lady still draws breath period, for the night she screwed poor Sera there out of what would have been a moment to be proud of for the rest of her life, I was about to shatter her neck in my fist. Hell, right now it’s taking everything I am not to do just that. The two girls asked me to spare her, and so I did. Yet, she turned right around and got a family killed.”
His hands were bone-white.
“I can hear those girls screaming. I can see that poor child’s face in my mind as well. For even a novice with a dagger and the element of surprise can kill ten goblins. I know what that feeling of betrayal feels like. And it hurts. A lot. And there is no armor in existence that can numb that kind of pain. I may not be the hero that deliberately seeks out to aid people, but, when I am needed,”
HE glared at Charlotte with everything he had.
“I NEVER turn my back on those that need a shield to defend them. I stand BETWEEN them, and ANYTHING that would do them harm. If I had been in YOUR shoes, and no matter HOW many there were, I STILL charge in and do my damndest to save at least those little girls from the pain I suffered.”
HE looked at Elif.
“For to see the one you KNOW YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO TURN TO FOR HELP SIT AND WATCH YOU SUFFER HURTS MORE THEN ANYTHING THE GOBLINS DID TO HER.”
Tyler’s force and emotion, and the sheer ANGER for the pain the family had suffered, shook everyone in that room, and kaori had to place a hand on his shoulder to calm his on the verge of exploding emotions. Tyler took in a deep breath and released it.
“I need to sit down before I lose it.”
So he did just that. He sat beside Merrill as he sought to get his feelings back under control. In the pews, Malico nudged the barbarian Lucy.
“I’ve been around him longer then any but Kaori. I have NEVER seen him this close to going berserk.”
Lucy was shaking her head.
“I know that feeling. He feels regret for not being there himself. Me thinks he’s blaming himself for sending them a Warrior of legend, and giving them hope, only for it to prove false.”
“I can see that. Now, he hates himself for letting that girl suffer like that.”
The room recovered from the force packed into Tyler’s voice. Then the Proctor was heard sighing.
“My mind has been made up.”
Elif returned to his seat as the Proctor approached the sobbing woman.
“Lady. You are a Warrior. You have a duty to stand tall as a beacon of hope for those that do not have the strength to stand. You have run from that duty at every opportunity and every sign of danger. You even shirked your duties to mold young minds in your old world. You are a wretched woman that does not deserve the Warrior’s Strength.”
Charlotte looked up at the elf.
“I just want to go home and grade papers again. I don’t want to fight, I don’t want to get hurt, I don’t want to die. Please, let me go home!”
Her pitiful sobbing just getting looks of disgust from the other assembled watchers. The Proctor stepped away from the woman.
“Charlotte. You are found guilty of all crimes you stand accused of. Horse neglect and abuse alone is a hanging offense. And gods know the world of Lectis would be far better off without a coward such as you wielding a Warrior’s Strength.”
“Please, don’t kill me! Please. I’ll do anything.”
She was begging piteously as she hung in her chains as she sobbed. The Proctor sighed deeply.
“As much as I wish it, we cannot hang you.”
Her head shot up with the light of hope in them.
“That being the case. Your punishment is a branding on your back, and the tops of your hands. Your name henceforth is Charlotte the Coward.”
“The Coward. Charlotte the Coward.”
She screamed as a spell was placed upon her to prevent her passing out as a log was brought out. Along with a brazier and a set of brands. The long bits of iron in the shape of an X with a circle. Charlotte watched as the irons were set to be heated.
“Please don’t hurt me! Mercy, Please!”
The Proctor looked to Tyler.
“Lord, would you like the honor of carrying out the sentence?”
Tyler smiled.
“As much as I would, Sir Proctor, I am afraid my emotions would overwhelm me and I’d kill the Coward. Perhaps, Sera and Lillia would like their due Vindication. Afterall it’s only right for the injured party to get their due.”
The Proctor smiled.
“Indeed it is, Sir. Ladies, do you find this acceptable?”
Sera was smiling ear to ear as her and Lillia stood.
“Indeed we do Proctor. I accept.”
“So, how do I brand someone?”
That got a chuckle as Charlotte’s leathers over her back was cut open, revealing her smooth skin beneath.
“Please, girls! Your-“
“Gag her.”
“Sirrah.”
Charlotte had a ball of cloth forced into her mouth as she’d been about to board cast the true identities to the room. Tyler looked to the room.
“I feel I need to make something clear here. As most, if not all of you have probably realized, I have some rather important people in my Warrior party. So, as a matter of their and our safety, I must request you not breathe a word of this to anyone. Can you grant this boon?”
There was a mass of oaths and swears as Nightshade, the elven scout leader spoke for all.
“Not a word, Lord.”
“Thanks Everyone. Kinda thought you wouldn’t and all, but hearing the words is better then assuming.”
There was a mass of approving nods as Tyler turned to watch as Sera and Lillia each took a glowing iron in their hands.
“Careful Sera. Don’t burn yourself.”
She smiled.
“Kay!”
That got a round of awww’s as Tyler had a thought.
“That reminds me. I should get some burn healing spells. Eh, later.”
That got a laugh as Charlotte’s hands were forced flat and held in place. Tyler watched with his arm around Kaori’s waist as Sera Pressed the first brand into Charlotte’s hand, getting a muffled scream of agony as well as a nasty hissing sound and the smell of roasting flesh. The brand was bubbling and hissed as the layers of fat and muscle in her hands were visible. The wounds were enchanted to not get infected, and could NOT be removed or healed by spells. Lillia had a focused look on her face as she did her brand next, getting another scream, as the teacher just broke down crying at the searing agony in her hands. Tyler squeezed Kaori’s waist.
“You okay watching this?”
She smiled and laid her head on his shoulder as Lillia and Sera took the large back iron together.
“I am. It feels weird though, watching our teacher get a brand.”
“Kinda feels like we don’t really know her?”
“Exactly. Yet we’ve known her for years.”
“I thought the same. Though, to be fair, we HAVE come far from mere students forced to listen to her lessons.”
Kaori placed her own arm around his waist as Lillia and Sera positioned the branding iron over Charlotte’s back.
“We’ve come far. With Even further to go yet.”
“We haven’t even gotten to the first wave, and I’d bet we’re both the strongest party, and the most experienced of all the Warriors.”
kaori looked at him,
“I love you.”
He looked at her.
“I love you.”
They kissed as Charlotte screamed in agony as her third brand was pressed into her skin. This one would be visible even if she wore heavy plate armor, and so would her hand brands. Forever branding her a traitor and coward. It would also appear in her HUD as well, along with her new title of Horse Abuser. Thus any Horse salesmen would be made aware of whom they were selling the prized animals to. The teacher was returned to her cell as her new brands healed, after which she would be tossed out with a backpack and no Horse. As since she had utterly failed to care for Her’s, it had been confiscated and placed in the care of a trusted horse raiser. Tyler was sitting on a pile of haybales as he watched Wulf teach Sera and Lillia how to be better archers. He had his sword Gliepnir out and was cleaning it as he watched Sera hit a perfect bullseye. Vixen had gone to the local magic shop for some new spells, Malico and kaori were checking on the horse, and Lucy had gone to check in with the guild. Tyler laid on the hay as he placed the large blade aside to open his HUD. HE had another 150 points to throw this time. So, he put 50 into stealth, 25 into strength, 25 into agility, speed, and physical defense. Bringing his totals for the skills to 160 stealth, 300 strength, 250 agility, 265 speed, and 255 for physical defense. He then looked at his titles. He had earned the title Demonslayer for killing a lesser rage demon, and Peerless tactician for winning a large scale battle without losing a single man. The Demonslayer title boosting his damage against demonkind, and Peerless Tactician raising Perception, willpower, and Mental Fortitude by 100. Bringing those to 656, 3100, 1132. His dragon flame got upgraded as well. Now the flames were hotter, lasted longer, and took less to use. He smiled as he closed his HUD and pulled the demon horn from a pouch and used Appraisal. The horn was a Lesser rage horn. A high level Smithing resource used to create Demon Weapons and armor. A skilled smith could turn the small amount of horn into a full set of plate armor or a 8 foot greatsword. I wonder if Tolic can use this? I’d need to rebreak it’s will, but no biggee. He was looking at it as a shadow came over him.
“Och, Laddee.”
He smiled as Lucy’s 7 foot tall frame came into view.
“Hiya Lucy. Ya make the men piss themselves?”
She sat on the bale next to him with a grunt and a clang of metal.
“They be throwing back mugs and meat toasting her health and victory.”
Tyler snorted.
“Great. A bunch of drunken idiots with a legit excuse to get wrecked.”
She chuckled as she saw him looking over the horn.
“What’s yer plan fer that thing?”
“I got a dwarf friend in Raylik that made those two’s weapons and armor. Was wondering what he could do with this.”
Lucy took the horn and looked it over. The item was solid black and a foot long. Even though it had been severed, it still felt warm to the touch and four inches thick.
“A good dwarf smith could make something spectacular with is much demon’s horn.”
Tyler placed it back in his pouch.
“We’ll most likely pass through Raylik again at some point. As it stands, we don’t really NEED any new gear.”
Lucy watched as Lillia scored a moving bullseye on her one foot target.
“The lasses are coming along nicely.”
“That they are. Sera and Lillia got quite a few orcs and goblins between them now. Not bad for a bunch of palace pets.”
That got a snort as an arrow slammed into his once again concealed Mythril vest and bounced off.
“I heard that you bastard.”
Lillia was glaring at him as Sera laughed.
“Love you too Lillia!”
She blushed, and shot him again.
“Oi! Yer targets behind ya lassie!”
Lillia was on the verge of killing him as Sera laughed behind her,
“Wow, Sis. Crush much?”
Lillia jumped and rounded on Sera she scored another bullseye. The older sister was red in the face as Sera just looked at her.
“What?”
Wulf was smiling.
“Not a good idea to infuriate someone with a loaded bow in their hands.”
Tyler laid back on the hay and looked at the sky.
“So. In the space of 19 days, I’ve killed over a hundred men, killed a wyvern, became a wanted murderer with an entire city out for my blood and screams, killed a Knight commander, started a rebellion, saved a catgirl’s prized tail, merged my spilt, killed a drakolisk, wear and wield Mythril weapons and armor, am friends with a dragon, a nature spirit, led an army to defend their homes, and killed a lesser rage Demon. Plus that greater Lich the other day. Yeah. What the hell is next?”
Lucy smiled at this young Warrior.
“Doing all that in a lifetime would get your name sung of for generations to come. Yet your legend hasn’t even BEGUN yet.”
Tyler chuckled.
“For now though we got a victory party to prep for.”
That got an eager chuckle from the barbarian.
“Aye, that we do.”
Tyler smiled s he sat up and grabbed Gleipnir.
“I think I’ll go get an update from the guild. Not used to having this type of down time.”
The warrior lady smiled as she understood. Tyler walked along the main road of the town. Just drinking in the sight and sounds of a true elven city. The town was large, and the buildings made of a curious red sandstone that would shit colors depending on what kind of light hit it. The buildings were all three story cottage, as the wall as either level with the roofs or taller. Tyler would get hailed on sight by people whose names he did not know.
“Hail! Outcast!”
“Hail!”
He’d give the reply nearly on pure reflex. Once I couldn’t even get a spare glance. Now I got people I’ve never met all greeting me on sight like a damn celebrity. Kinda missing the road right now.”
Tyler passed a small group of elven children as they were gathered around a tree. Curious, Tyler walked over.
“Hey, find something?”
They looked and jumped a little that Tyler the Outcast was walking over to them. Then a small girl with eyes the color of rubies spoke in a nervous tone.
“It’s Rylie. She’s stuck.”
Tyler looked up to see another elven girl clinging to the trunk for dear life. Tyler looked to the base of the tree, then to where she’d gotten stuck. A good fifteen feet.
“Wow. She climb up there?”
The girl nodded.
“She said she saw something shiny up there, and wanted to get it.”
“We told her to just get you to do it, but she said she wanted to get it for you.”
Tyler looked at the boy that spoke.
“Well, I’ll get her and it.”
Tyler jumped up to grab the branch and swing up to sit beside her.
“Hiya, Rylie. Odd place to hang out, wouldn’t you agree?”
She looked at him, a little shyly.
“Sorry for the trouble sir.”
Tyler snorted.
“A pisspoor Warrior I’d be if I can’t help a brave girl out of a tree. Now, what’d those keen eyes see up here?”
She gulped as she pointed to a higher branch.
“I’m not exactly sure what it was. Look.”
Tyler was smiling as he looked up. Only for his smile to die.
“Rylie.”
Tyler reached up to pull a small crystal from the branch. At his now serious tone, she started shaking.
“Yes sir?”
“Has anyone else been near this tree recently? Like an odd traveler or someone that normally doesn’t spend a lot of time in trees?”
She was still shaking as she replied.
“I saw a man in a cloak drop from the tree maybe a week ago. I just thought he was after those berries there. As there a local treat.”
Tyler spotted the dark blue fruit, and sighed.
“Well done Rylie. You just spotted something nasty. Work on that razor vision of yours. Come on. I need to see the mayor.”
Tyler put the thing in his pocket and lifted the girl up to drop to the ground. She was blushing a little as he set her on her feet.
“Not a word to anyone Rylie.”
“Sir.”
Tyler went right to Lorgain’s Mayor office. The Warrior was hailed at the front desk by the lady.
“Sirrah, do you need to see the mayor?”
“I do Miss. We got a problem.”
She waved him along, now concerned. Tyler knocked on his door.
“Enter.”
The mayor’s office was in the process of cataloging all the banned spells that had ben found before Tyler was to oversee their destruction. Logrian looked up to see Tyler enter with a serious expression on his face.
“Not another one so soon?”
Tyler placed the crystal on his desk. Soon as he saw it he sighed.
“Where’d you find this?”
“That little elven girl. Rylie, spotted it as she and her friends were playing. That’s a spy crystal. Isn’t it?”
He nodded as he crossed his arms.
“Indeed it is. A human spy crystal.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes.
“I’m willing to bet that demon was summoned for a purpose.”
Logrian sighed as he pulled the queen’s crystal over.
“Mayor Logrian to speak with Queen Tatiana. Update on the Demon.”
The crystal lit up, and she appeared.
“What did you find?”
Tyler held out the spy crystal.
“I’m willing to bet gold that demon was sent here to conquer this town. Or, failing that, give an accurate gauge of the Elven defenses at a moment’s notice.”
She sighed.
“I see your reasoning. You think this was the pope’s doing?”
“He wants to start a march. A SUCCESSFUL March. It explains the sheer numbers of banned spells as well.”
“Since the church has been selling them.”
“The beasts had a direct pipeline to the very best supply. My main concern is this is NOT the only one in town.”
Logrian looked at him.
“If we tell the people their privacy was violated like this without there knowing, it could ruin the party.”
“This point the party is a lesser concern. We need to scrub this city from the rooftops to basements.”
Tatiana was in agreement.
“I agree with the Outcast. Peace of mind going forward is far more important than a single nights peace.”
“Plus if we wait until AFTER the party, and then go forward with a search, any memories made that night would be ruined beyond repair.”
Logrian nodded now.
“I see now. Very well. We’ll get the search underway.”
“Lady Tatiana.”
“Outcast?”
“I would discretely begin calling muster. If that bastard is at the spy stage, we have months before the first offensive begins. I will have a procedure ready on how to also handle the search in other towns along your borders. My suggestion is to have every city searched.”
“I agree completely. As for muster. Are you certain that’s a wise move?”
“Rather have an army ready for a war that never comes, then have a war come for an unready army.”
Tatiana smiled.
“A very wise sentiment. Worst case I can justify it by saying that Goblin army made me nervous.”
“Eh, just blame me for it. Say I pulled the bow card.”
“Outcast to the end, eh?”
“Hey, I can get dirty so you don’t have to.”
That got looks of admiration from both queen and mayor. Then Tyler took the crystal.
“I’ll call my team together and get em briefed.”
Logrian nodded.
“I’ll call the guard.”
Tatiana sighed.
“My elven guard should be landing in two hours. They’ll assist you if you haven’t finished already.”
“head elf?”
“Funny. A LADY NAMED Thistle. She’s a Blood elf.”
“I like her already. What she look like?”
Tatiana smiled.
“Think Nightshade, but with red skin, a large bust, flaming hair, and wields a battle axe.”
“Yeah, I really wanna meet this elf.”
“Oh she is going to LOVE you.”
“She a berserker?”
This time the queen smiled darkly.
“More blood dancer. More blood she gets on her skin faster and deadlier she becomes.”
“I don’t even know this chick, and I love her!”
That got a laugh from both elves. Tyler palmed the spy crystal.
“I’ll get to it.”
The Outcast walked out and stood in the center of a large open area. He then put his fingers to his lips and blew a loud, piercing whistle that echoed throughout the town. He got a responding whistle from each member of his party. And within minutes they came running. Tyler held out the spy crystal.
“We’re searching the town for these. Pope’s the one that rigged the Demon attack, and bugged the town.”
Wulf looked at him.
“Okay. Just one question.”
“Why the whistle?”
“That, and how’d you know we’d know?”
“I hoped you would. We kinda needed a means for muster. Oh, and the Queen’s calling muster under the table.”
Wulf blinked, shocked.
“Why’d you advise that? That’s a little extreme don’t you think?”
“Wulf, if that bastard’s at the spy stage, the first assault is coming. Sooner rather than later.”
Wulf sighed as he saw his reasoning.
“Better to have Elven Guard ready for it than not.”
“My thoughts exactly. We have a detachment of Elven guard arriving in two hours under my command.”
Wulf tilted his head.
“Leader?”
“A blood elf named Thistle.”
“Oh dear gods.”
Wulf went bone white at the name. Tyler looked at him.
“Issue?”
“She’s EXACTLY like you. Only her paths are Red and Black. Seriously. I’ve met this elf, and she scares me. To death. Even her teeth were filed to points.”
“Like I told the Queen, I cannot WAIT to meet this elf.”
Wulf groaned as he looked to kaori.
“Watch him around her. Lady has a reputation for a man killer.”
Kaori snorted.
“Like Tyler would bed just ANY one.”
“Kaori gets it first.”
Tyler looked at the sky.
“We got maybe 5 hours till dark. Break!”
Tyler’s party scattered with a will. Next thing was he gave the town guard the update and a look at the thing they were lookin fer. Once done he went to the guild. His plan to try and convince them to aid him again. Though, he got quite the reception when he walked in.
“Hail! Demonslayer!”
Tyler had scarcely opened the door before every voice roared at him en mass. Tyler blinked as he replied.
“Hail!”
That got a chuckle as the hulking elf came over.
“Need us fer something?”
“Those bastards set up spy crystals in the city. Me, my crew and the town are flipping the place over looking for them. Could use extra eyes.”
The elf chuckled.
“Aye lad, what are we searching fer?”
Once the crystal was examined by all, they went to it with a will. Leaving Tyler and the tall elf alone in the now empty hall. Tyler just laughed.
“Wow, I guess killin a demon like I did made-“
A massive greatsword smashed into his shoulder. Only to bounce off his Mythril vest hidden beneath his shirt. Tyler looked at the angry elf quizzically.
“I’m curious, why didn’t ya go fer me head?”
The hulking elf readied fer another swing.
“Lord Skyr has a thousand gold for your head. Can’t damage it or I get nothing.”
Tyler smiled widely.
“I see now. An elf puppet. How cute. Hey, how’s it feel with the pope’s hand in yer ass?”


Kaori and Lucy were talking with a pair of adventurers, dividing the work to be more manageable.
“Okay. We’ll take the west garden, and can you handle the east?”
The men nodded.
“Alright. Break.”
The two men headed off as Kaori and Lucy looked at a map of town.
“We’re set here and here.”
“I got word they found eight here-MOVE!”
The hulking barbarian had been raised in a far more hostile environment then most, and such had a similar set of skills to Tyler detecting danger. As such, Lucy had felt the swing of the sword and shoved Kaori away as it carved a line across Lucy’s broad back. The blonde leapt back and drew her katana as Lucy dropped to the ground bleeding as kaori blew a hard whistle on her lips. Before her were a set of five men with dripping weapons. She also felt the presence of five more behind her. The blonde beauty sighed. Explains his earlier restlessness Lucy told me about. Kaori could tell the wound on the barbarian’s back wasn’t serious, but she’d been hit with a paralytic poison, thus rendering her helpless. Kaori smirked.
“Well boys, shall we?”
An arrow came whistling out of nowhere to pass harmlessly over Kaori’s head as she crouched with her blade still ready.
“If ya don’t want yer friend to die, throw yer weapon down blondie.”
Kaori looked to see a man holding a knife to Lucy’s neck as the Barbarian lay helpless. Kaori looked at Lucy.
“Sorry about him. They have all of five seconds to live.”
The man snorted.
“We got a barrier up. Not even yer boy can get through, even WITH dragon flame.”
“What about Demon’s wrath?”
Lucy’s eyes went wide as the men looked at each other. The blonde having absolute faith in her friend.
“Yeah, didn’t think so. You idiots have NO idea what that boy can do when enraged.”
The man spat at her.
“Last chance girlie. Throw yer weapons down and surrender peace like or she dies.”
Kaori laughed, like hard.
“try it, little bitch.”
The man glared at her and went to pull on the blade.
“Heads up!”
The horrifically mangled body of the hulking elf came flying through the air to land on the ground minus a head. Kaori knew that knife work, and sheathed her blade. Then the barrier was heard shattering like glass as a voice was heard.
“Demon’s Wrath!”
The men holding Lucy just turned to a fine mist as Tyler unleashed his secret weapon. Knowing the men were handled, kaori hurried to the fallen woman’s side with a potion.
“Thanks fer that Lucy. Sorry for the taunts.”
The Barbarian laughed as her affliction and wound was healed.
“tis I that should be thanking you missy. Playing fer time while yer boy came fer the rescue.”
Lucy got up, just in time to see the rest of their team to come running. They saw the carnage and Wulf instantly pulled a long flute-like whistle from his vest. He blew three long blasts that echoed around the town, and within mere seconds the area was swarming with guards. In the midst of the chaos, Kaori leaned to whisper in Lucy’s ear.
“That ability is NOT to be spoken of outside of our group. Okay?”
Lucy nodded.
“A very-well hidden ace. I understand. I hope you’ll explain it in detail later.”
“We have a few things to bring you and the others up on. Just not now.”
kaori helped the hulking lady up as Tyler looked to Nightshade. The boy resting on his sword as the lone survivor groveled.
“To be clear, Nightshade, this is a Warrior Prisoner. I hope you understand.”
The elven Scout nodded.
“Indeed I do Lord. Your orders?”
“Search the corpses for Licenses and bounties. I need to have a little chat with this one. Lucy, you good?”
“Aye lad. They hit me with a Paralyzed blade. But the lady cured it.”
“All accounted for?”
Lillia and Sera came forward with Vixen, Lily, Wulf, Malico, Kaori, and Lucy. Tyler looked at each one.
“Sera. What did we do on the ride to Raylik?”
She giggled.
“You played with my hair!”
“Correct.”
He looked to Lillia.
“What was the last thing you said in the wagon before?”
“I said you were a Warrior and so obligated to help us.”
“Correct.”
He looked to Vixen.
“What did I do to you?”
She shuddered.
“You read my soul like a damned book.”
“Correct.”
He looked to Lily.
“What did Momma raise?”
The fierce girl flipped her dagger.
“She didn’t raise a fool!”
“Damn right she didn’t.”
Wulf.
“What was the silent jab I hit you with the first night you were with my crew?”
Wulf frowned.
“You pointed out I didn’t have a girl sitting beside me you infuriating prick.”
“Correct.”
HE looked at Malico.
“What was the first thing you said when I came to?”
She smiled proudly.
“My tail is your tail.”
“Correct, and still well played.”
Tyler looked to Lucy.
“What was the advice you gave me on the wall?”
She smiled.
“Can’t have them see you lose it.”
“Correct.”
Last was kaori.
“What was Kazuma’s nickname for me?”
“T-rex.”
“Correct. Alright. No imposters.”
“What’s a T-rex?”
Tyler smiled at Sera.
“A dragon-like creature that used to live in my world, Sera. We get time I’ll draw a picture for you.”
“Kay!”
Tyler looked to his crew.
“The church has put a price on my head separate from the usual bounties, as those need the authentication of the office of bounties.”
Lucy sighed.
“How much?”
“1000 gold for my head.”
The number stunned them. Wulf just groaned.
“With that, you could buy a mansion the size of the inn in Raylik.”
“Or be set for life.”
Vixen rubbed her temples.
“Who will come after us is most concerning.”
“I’d be willing to bet only agents of the church, or any Warriors they can pay off.”
Kaori sighed.
“Is there a price on me?”
“2000 gold alive and unharmed. You have to be delivered to the pope himself to receive payment.”
The group all sat down as Tyler looked to the cowering agent of the church.
“You. You’re going to tell us about EVERY member of the church you know of.”
The man pulled a hidden needle and tried to stab himself with it. Only it vanished from his hand and he ended up punching himself in the neck. He was so confused he looked at his hand like he expected it to be there.
“hey, buddy. Over here.”
He looked up to see Tyler balancing it on a finger.
“Neat trick, I must admit. Hey, Vixen, you’re our poison expert right?”
The busty black mage smiled.
“I know a few toxins.”
“Here. Have a look.”
She took the needle, and licked it. She smacked her lips as she tasted the thing.
“Hmmm, oh, how interesting.”
She smiled as she looked at the man.
“Loving strangle. A banned poison that is nearly impossible to detect. The only giveaway is in the after-death exam by one looking fer it. Symptoms include gagging, severe choking, closing of the windpipe, and a slow death. Antidote is Remedy, an upgraded holy Relief, an antidote potion, or Esunge.”
She doused the needle in her acid as Tyler looked at her.
“You okay?”
She smiled fondly.
“In my training to become a black mage, I was required to build an immunity to most poisons and venoms. As I was considered on par with my previous master, I am immune to a good 99% of existing poisons. I am still vulnerable to a paralyze poison though.”
“We ALL get at least some form of antidote potion, spell or Remedy. It’s a white, but with the exception of Vixen, we can all cast it.”
Lucy tilted her head.
“It might prove difficult fer me, as I be a grey/brown pather.”
“A grey/brown? Huh, that’s different. We’ll get you it regardless. Better have it and fight with it and save a life then not have the option period.”
The Barbarian nodded.
“Aye lad. A most wise attitude.”
Tyler looked at the now cowering man as he pulled his Sgian Dao out.
“Well. Let’s get started.”
Tyler was happily whistling as he stabbed the man in his knee. Nightshade having emptied the area after being told this was a Warrior matter now. The man screamed so hard the whites of his eyes nearly popped.
“Alright. Let’s start off easy. Yalik.”
“I’ll die before I saaaaaay!”
Tyler just twisted his blade in his knee, sending agony through the man’s body. Lucy was having the hardest time listening to the screams, when kaori nudged her.
“When he gave you the rule for us having to do dark work, what he meant was watch HIM do the work WE can’t.”
Lucy stopped squirming.
“I understand. And like I do not, even I must recognize that having one that is not afraid to stain their hands to do what must be done is both a boon and a tragedy.”
Wulf smiled.
“I said much the same when I first saw it myself. We don’t see eye to eye sometimes, but I know I can rely on him to watch my back when I need it.”
kaori smiled fondly as Tyler interrogated the man.
“He relies on you quite a bit Wulf. Malico as well. We all have a role to paly in our camp. We have the experienced elven ranger that both knows the land and its ways, a sexy cat with the knowledge of a native, Sera and Lillia and their own specialized knowledge, me and my hunting skills, Vixen and her black magic, Lucy and her skills, which I am not exactly sure just what they are yet, and Tyler. He does the dark work and leads our charge into whatever dares stand there.”
Wulf cringed as the man lost a tooth.
“That time with Tempesta had me on edge for like three hours after.”
Lucy looked at him.
“The blue dragon lord?”
Wulf smiled.
“Hey Tyler.”
The boy in question looked up from his questions.
“What up?”
“We clear to talk about the dragon?”
“Sure. My mythril’s an open secret now. I think the town will keep the secret. Just don’t go broad casting I got it.”
“Sure.”
The elf looked to a stunned Lucy.
“So, we stopped by the King’s road to both rest the horses and have lunch when the Blue Dragon himself flies overhead going on his way. Tyler was awestruck and sued his Farsight o get a better look. Next thing we knew the Blue Lord had flipped on his wing to land before us.”
Sera nodded.
“That was scary. He was big.”
Lucy just looked at Tyler.
“Pray tell how you lived to tell the tale!”
“Very first thing Tyler did was offer him half our amount of sapphires. So, a good 200 stones. The Blue dragon tilted his head, asked what the purpose was of the stones, to which Tyler said that we didn’t wish to die that day. And don’t dragons like precious stones?”
“A wise move. Sapphires are a known favorite of the Ocean Dragon.”
“He had no clue, and came up with that on his own. We all were on edge as he watched the dragon store them in his belly pouch.”
“What’d the lord of blue do?”
“Told him now to try it. Tyler’s reply was priceless.”
“What was it?”
“Was wondering if you’d eat them or had another spot. Nifty.”
Lucy shook her head.
“He’s either extremely brave or incredibly foolish to speak to Tempesta like that.”
“He also spent a good ten minutes just bantering with the dragonlord.”
“Is he daft?”
“He was having fun with his first dragon talk. I myself caught him looking over his shoulder at us as he jabbed a thumb at Tempesta as if to say, Look! A real dragon!”
“Ha!”
“He scared the hell outta us though when he asked about his breath attack.”
“He did not.”
“I swear by my ears he did. Tempesta loved his fire. He even granted him the title of dragon friend, the Mythril in his blades and that breath attack he used in the battle.”
Lucy just looked on as Tyler drew Oblivion and cut the man’s head off.
“Well, I got what I needed. He’s got a ten gold bounty for his head, that elf 200, and I’ll check the others.”
“Nightshade already did.”
“Verdict?”
“Low levels. Like 2 to 5 gold a piece.”
“Every little bit. Hey, I know. We’ll claim the heads, and donate the small amounts to the local recovery effort for the last bunch of idiots.”
The group loved the idea. So, Tyler hefted the heads, and went for Thunder. As he walked, he spotted Rylie and her friends playing nearby.
“Hey, Rylie!”
The elf girl looked at her name,
“C’mere a sec.”
She gulped as she came over to the Warrior’s party. Tyler reached into his pouch and placed 20 silver in her hands.
“Well done, Rylie. Those eyes may have just saved your homeland.”
Her eyes went wide at the coins and her mouth a wide O. She looked up and got a fond pat.
“Nice to know this town is well-defended.”
She blushed, and it only got worse as every member of the party also patted her, while Sera and Lily hugged her too. Then Tyler looked to Lily.
“So, where am I bringing these?”
She gave a disgusted, exasperated sigh.
“idiot. Took you THAT long to realize you had no clue where you were going?”
“Well, Lily, if I was smart, you’d be outta a job.”
She tilted her small head.
“Okay, that’s a fair point. It’s in the mayor’s office to the direct right of the door.”
“See? Someone needs to have the brains here.”
That got him an approving smile as they found the stables with Thunder. After retrieving his head and mace, the party headed for the bounty booth. Tyler smiled as he found the place, and the Mermaid sitting behind the caged booth.
“Greetings Outcast. How may I serve you?”
“Got a few for you.”
She extended the tray.
“Okay, we got Rilke, Mackie, Wallio the defiler and his mace, Gailk, and a bunch of small fry.”
He set the heads on the tray and the mace on the rack. The Mermaid was different then the one in Raylik. As her skin was a more vibrant blue-green then the deep blue of the other. And her fins had claw-like protrusions on her hands, her rack was smaller, and her skin a lighter green. Tyler smiled at her.
“Excuse me miss, but, you are a mermaid, right?”
She smiled, and he noted her teeth were more akin to shark’s teeth.
“I am indeed, Sirrah. I am a Deep Ocean Mermaid.”
“I see. I am still learning this world.”
She had a laughing like boiling water.
“It is quite alright, Sirrah. You’re more polite then most with your curiosity.”
“Well, when the bar’s on the floor, kinda hard to do worse.”
She laughed as she got the nod.
“Okay. Your total today is 450 gold.”
“Thank you.”
They then went to the mayor’s office, where they found him in discussion with the Queen. The political elf smiling as he and his party entered.
“Another issue?”
Tyler smiled as he placed the bag of gold on the counter.
“I understand a group of Warriors came through out to long ago and made a mess.”
HE sighed as he leaned on the table.
“They caused several hundred gold in damage, and left two hundred in the hospital.”
“Here’s 400 gold.”
Tatiana and Logrian looked at him.
“Why?”
“Indeed?”
Tyler shrugged.
“We’re travelers. Less places that hates us the better.”
Tatiana threw her head back laughing as her and Logrian understood his gesture. The town mayor smiled widely.
“I will lay all credit for this gift at your feet.”
Tyler smiled as Tatiana regained herself.
“You are a most unusual human. You ply both the whip and the carrot at nearly the same time. You claim to be an asshole, yet you prove to have a heart of gold.”
“I’m more looking to spread my bad name to places I have yet to visit. That way when I DO wind up there I don’t have to really worry.”
“A most wise strategy.”
Tyler looked to Logrian.
“How bad was the spy crap?”
“We cleared the city ten minutes ago.”
Tyler pulled a scroll and passed it to Logrian.
“have this get taught to the guard for the event of another search. Oh, that reminds me.”
He looked to Tatiana.
“I understand Seline gave you a copy of my License search procedure right?”
“She did and it has been implemented, as I told you.”
“Was curious how many cities is was implemented in.”
“ALL of them.”
“Good. Okay, the Elven Guard is due any minute. I’ll go see Greg. See now Nidhogg fared. That coin was the only thing I had for now.”
And with that they excused themselves. Once the door shut, Logrian looked to the image of the Queen.
“Milady. That boy has not stopped working since he got here.”
Tatiana smiled.
“As one would expect of a Warrior. And my new Champion.”

The friends found the crew of the Nidhogg doing repairs and post battle maintiance. Greg the captain was on the ground overseeing the hoisting of a new cannon as Tyler and his party walked up.
“Ahoy Cap’n.”
The Outcast took a spot beside the man as they watched the 600 pound cannon get lifted.
“That was quite the rousing battle, lad. Watch that cannon!”
“It was. You take any hits up there?”
Greg chuckled as he wiped sweat off his brow.
“Nay, lad. Was more target practice fer us.”
Tyler smiled as he looked at the ropes and chains lifting the massive thing. Soon as he did, he frowned.
“That ropes about to go, Greg.”
The experienced captain looked and saw it as well.
“Belay! Belay! Rope Snap!”
Sure enough, the tortured, frayed rope couldn’t handle the strain anymore and snapped with a crack. The sky sailors dove, but one lad wasn’t lucky enough to move in time. He looked up at the snap, only to see the palettized cannon come down like a large flattener. He screamed as a loud crash and a grunt was heard.
“You good?”
Tyler had moved like lightning as soon as Greg yelled the first time. Tyler had caught the 600 plus pound cannon on his back, and was holding it above his head as he waited for the stunned man to both move and regain his marbles. Greg was speechless by the feat of strength he had just witnessed. Tyler’s friends were surprised as well.
“I mean, he picked up a full grown stone giant. Why am I so surprised?”
Wulf was shaking his head at the sight of Tyler holding the cannon above his head.
“Soo, what am I doing with this thing?”
The question broke the crew out of it’s stupor. Greg shook his head before issuing more orders.
“Get a set of chains this time! Lad, how yer faring?”
“I’m good. Yer man okay?”
The man in question was indeed.
“I am Sirrah. I cannot thank you enough.”
“No biggee. Just be glad I showed when I did.”
The man nodded before going back to his duties. Tyler was happily whistling as a set of chains was hooked to the eyelets and the thing lifted.
“I’ll stay here in case of snap. Though at that point, get a different cannon! She don’t like that one!”
That got a roar of laughter from the airship crew. Tyler stayed put as he watched the cannon get safely settled aboard ships.
“Clear?”
“All clear! Many thanks Sirrah!”
“Aye!”
Tyler walked over to Greg. The man was a tall, lanky fellow with wrinkled skin, razor sharp blue eyes, white hair and beard clad in blue overalls and spiked boots.
“That was too close.”
The captain smiled as he tipped his white captain’s hat to him.
“Thank the gods you came to visit when ya did. Or poor Davie would be a smear right now.”
“That rope shouldn’t have cleared inspection. How’d it get through?”
Greg sighed sadly.
“That be the nature of sky sailing kid. Some days ya get warm winds and kind breezes. Then it turns on you in a blink and your fighting a gale for dear life.”
“Worlds a fickle place.”
“That it be lad. That it be. Appreciate you coming to check on me crew and ship.”
“Yours was the first ship I saw upon my summoning. Hell, Gruven himself told me about it as we watched it go by the Dragon Tower.”
Greg looked at the blue ship fondly.
“I know that day well, Lad. We were returning from killing a skypirate ship and passed by the tower. Our lookouts spotted ole Gruven in a window with this lad that the lookout said had a rather intense feel about him, and said ol Gru was lookin at him like a son or something. Well, we land and were in a tavern called Adventurer’s respite, and hear tell Gru was murdered by a Warrior in cold blood and his blade Stolen. We all thought it odd, as the Warriors had been summoned only hours earlier, and Gruven a highly experienced and very powerful former Warrior himself. We stayed the night and spent all of that day resting from a hard voyage, as is our way. Well, that night, two young ones half dead from exhaustion and want of food comes in and sits in a corner. One with a bow and small blade, another with Gruven’s sword hilt on his back. Even covered by cloth, those that had traveled with the man know his beloved blade well. Well, we all were deciding on how to handle this new find, when Burlock, another old friend, gets cheated at cards. The knives were drawn and bets placed. Me an me crew were getting ready to enjoy a bit of entertainment, when the lad in the corner coms waltzing over, interrupts the near fight to call out a poisoned weapon! Old Burlock was saved by Gruven’s killer, and the laddee didn’t even hesitate to stick his neck out fer him either. Then we sit back to see how it would all play out. From what our listener said, alls ya wanted was a bit o silver and information. Though that discount at his shop was a shrewd move. He even said the boy’s reason fer the killin was Gruven had been given a bad order, and since the man was a loyal bastard, threw the fight to save the lad’s lass from the pope. We all then decided to wait to ask you ourselves what happened if we got the chance.”
Tyler smiled as he watched the crew work.
“Explains why you forked over your Licenses so easily.”
“Aye lad. The Princesses backing you was a nice touch. Once you told the tale, and I could see no deceit in your burning eyes, I realized we’d been lied to.”
Tyler smiled as he looked at the ram of the craft.
“Like they say. A good air captain is worth more then his weight in gold. I mean it’s sea captain, but you get the point.”
Greg patted his back, feeling his mail and scars.
“Good lad!”
Tyler smiled as a shadow passed overhead. He looked up to see a bright green airship moving towards the other hangar. He smiled.
“I got some elves to greet. Fair winds Cap’n.”
Greg threw his head back laughing as Tyler and his crew headed off to greet the new arrivals.
“Ahhh, Gru. I see why ya gave him that blade what you saved Erica with. That lady is the spitting image of her. I wonder, Gru, he wouldn’t happen to be that son you said you left behind, would he?”


Tyler was in the lead as they approached the larger craft. This ship was easily 60 feet long, 70 feet tall, with 100 foot balloons to keep her aloft. The hull was a deep forest green, and bristled with cannons. On the prow was the bleached skull of a massive sea beast.
“Hey, Wulf, what’s the skull?”
The elven ranger smile.
“A Skyshark. They’re a species of shark that live among the floating lands above the clouds.”
“They mean?”
The elf snorted.
“Nasty. They can get upwards of 100 feet long and 60 feet wide. High dragons eat them as a main food source.”
“Okay, not interested in them then. Pissing off nobility is one thing, but spitting in the face of a high dragon is another thing entirely.”
That got a chuckle as Tyler noted a set of propellers at the rear of the ship, along with pipes as well. As he noticed this, a long plank extended from the top of the hull to connect to a set of scaffolding. Once secure, a bank of Elves in green leaf-scale plate mail marched out along the gangway. Tyler looked to Wulf.
“Kinda feel bad we stole the fun.”
That got a chuckle.
“I think they’ll understand once they meet you.”
“More interested to meet this Thistle elf.”
Kaori snorted as she rested a hand on her katana handle.
“Typical weeb. Looking to add to his elf collection.”
Tyler turned around to look at her, offended.
“Bitch, weebs like catgirls. Elves, belong to the fantasy freaks. And let’s not forget YOUR preference for vampires.”
Malico purred, as Wulf and Lily looked at each other as Kaori blushed.
“I do NOT like vampires!”
“Riiight, and yet you plastered your room with shirtless posters of that one that sparkled like a disco ball in sunlight.”
Kaori was red in the face as Vixen patted her back.
“I don’t hold another’s tastes against them, but, from personal experience with the creatures, not a good idea to spread those legs to them.”
Kaori just went quiet and looked down as she lost the match. Tyler was curious now.
“What are the vampires like here, Vixen?”
The black mage shuddered.
“They’re vile creatures like to plunder their prey before feeding. Repeatedly.”
“What they look like?”
“Depends on the human or other they were turned from. And before you ask, yes, you can buy cures for a vampire bite at shops.”
“Okay, they strong?”
She tilted a hand back and forth.
“So so. More hard to kill. You need to pierce the heart.”
“Will anything work?”
“A test my mentor gave me was to kill a thrall with a stick. So, yes anything will work.”
Tyler nodded as the bank of elves halted before him.
“Hail, Outcast.”
They banged spear butts on the ground as they roared his name.
“Hail!”
Tyler tilted his head.
“So. Who’s this Thistle that everyone’s so intimidated by?”
Out of nowhere a feral elf lady came out swinging a massive twin headed battle axe in Tyler’s direction. She was a ferally beautiful elf, with skin the color of blood, red the color of flame, eyes the color of sapphires and pointed teeth. Her armor was a smaller version of Lucy’s bust armor. Only her rack was larger, and the metal solid green, and her pants more a pair of short shorts while bare foot. The elf swung the axe at Tyler who moved out of the way of the fast swing, only as the head was aimed at him, the blood elf planted her feet to jab out with her axe’s speartip to try and impale the man. Tyler rotated along the thing, grabbed her by the throat, and pinned her to the ground backwards on her knee joints. HE was still smiling at her as he looked her in the blazing eye.
“Hiya! You Thistle?”
The elf growled at him, and responded in a most surprising manner: Leg locking him as she tore her throat free to lip lock him as well, and pull him top of her. The rest of his party were caught by surprise, especially kaori. Then Malico nudged her as Tyler gave the wild elf the fierceness she loved right back.
“I think we got a new party member, AND new tent friend.”
Kaori gulped at the feral elf digging long nails into Tyler’s skull as he kissed her breathless.
“Damn, Malico, she’s intense!”
Tyler had shoved his tongue into the elf’s mouth, and loved how she tasted of fire and passion. Then he pulled back and she gasped deep for breath. HE was still smiling at her.
“So, are you?”
She just laughed at him.
“Aye, lad. I be Thistle.”
Tyler sat back on his haunches as he looked her over.
“Huh, so you’re a blood elf. Nice.”
He stood, and lifted the blood dancer toh er feet as he flicked her axe to her with a foot.
“So, I heard you killed a Lesser rage Demon single handedly.”
“Yup. Got this to prove it.”
Tyler flipped the horn into view before storing it away. Thistle grinned a feral grin.
“I aim to join your party.”
“Nice to have another axe wielder. I got rules though.”
Her eyes lit up with a wild fire.
“Speak.”
“1. As the strongest person in the party, I hold the coin. 2: No work no food. You pull your weight in my camp.”
“Seriously, he’s a dick about it too.”
“Still mean!”
“3: In towns and cities we share a room to save coin. Unspoken are simpler, keep our secrets, don’t get on a high horse, and follow my orders. We also do dark work from time to time but the others will fill you in as we go. We got a deal?”
The blood elf pulled a dagger, cut her hand, and held it out. Tyler smiled as he mirrored the blood oath. They clasped and Thistle grinned.
“This is going to be FUN.”
The ritual completed, Tyler looked to the patiently waiting Elven Guard.
“As you heard, we slew the Goblin army to last creature. That said, this may happen again.”
Thistle looked at him.
“Their orders?”
“Defend this town. Queen Tatiana believes there is something greater at play here then a stray rage demon. As me and my party cannot stay to defend this town ourselves, the task has fallen to the Elven Guard.”
The elves stomped their feet and banged spears.
“Man the walls and set up a rotation. Coordinate with the Scouts. Their leader’s called Nightshade. Not a single goblin or orc is allowed to live in a days ride of that gate. You will also assist the town as needed.”
A plate clad elf stepped forward.
“Sirrah, permission to speak freely.”
“Granted.”
The elf looked at him.
“We’re not idiots. We know how to defend our homes.”
“Oh, right, I forgot. The elven Guard AREN’T brain dead puppets.”
That got a chuckle.
“Well, I guess, get to it. Dismissed.”
The armored elves dispersed to their tasks as Tyler looked to kaori.
“Well, that was more tense then it needed to be.”
Kaori sighed.
“Not everyone needs to be told HOW to do something you know.”
That got a chuckle. Tyler then looked to his new crew.
“Well, now what?”
Kaori looked at him.
“Well, the party is still on, we can go relax somewhere for now.”
“And those spy crystals were cleaned up. Alright, ears up for my whistle.”
His crew split, and Tyler was left alone in the hangar. He sighed as he looked at the gallant airship sitting on her moorings. Well, now I’m lost. We got ourselves a blood elf in the party, and a barbarian. All we need is a dwarf and we got the stereotypical party. Tyler shrugged and headed off to find a quiet place to rest.
“Oh yeah. I was gonna get an update from the guild.”
So, he strode off to the guild hall. The hall was lively as ever as he walked through the door.
“Hail! Outcast!”
“Hail!”
Tyler smiled as he got hailed by every person in the hall. He spotted the booth he’d spotted Verilica in in Raylik. He walked up to the lady behind the booth. She being a mountain elf with longer hair.
“Greetings hero. How may I assist you?”
“Looking for the daily news from the realm.”
She smiled as she passed him a crystal.
“Plug that into your HUD. It’ll provide all the latest.”
“Thank you. Now, I have a question and a request.”
Her red eyes smiled at him.
“What do you require?”
“In the last report I read, there was a rumor about a few members of my Party.”
“Indeed. I remember the rumor in question.”
“I was wondering who the source was.”
She smiled at him.
“A man that thought he’d recognized the faces at the gate to the city. He was since reprimanded by Lady Seline.”
“Good. My request is a counter rumor be spread to combat that.”
“There already is.”
“Oh?”
She leaned forward, and Tyler smiled as he noticed her bust was large.
“It goes the royal princesses were seen in Raylik in your company. And that you’ve parted ways there as they were to be staying with their aunt Seline for a while.”
“That works. I appreciate it.”
He flipped her a few silvers and left the hall. He was happily whistling as he looked around for a place to rest and go over the news. He spotted a small pile of rocks in the sunlight and claimed that spot. He set Gleipnir beside him as he rested his back on the sun warmed stone. He sighed as he placed the broadsword where he could reach it with a mere arm movement. Now settled, he pulled up his HUD and pressed the white crystal into the interface. The thing rippled like water before a new update icon was seen on the guild news tab. He pressed it and it was a new page.
“Today in Vernillion. It seems the Warriors continue to disgrace themselves. We’ve got a report of a farmhouse along the western road to Marmalade, the storied homeland of the Dwarves, was sacked, with the mother and daughters raped and murdered by Warriors. A new report from Term points the finger at a group of Warriors for setting a poverty-stricken section alight with magical flames as a bit of sport. In the southern part of the country, the mining town of Valsask has ground to a halt following a trio of Warriors looting the valuable ore within the cave that is the men’s and town’s lifeblood. We also have unconfirmed reports of kidnappings with the captives sold to bandit camps throughout the region. If rumor is to be believed, the Pope is considering forcing a THIRD summoning of Warriors to Lectis. If this be true, then the waves will be three times stronger. Yet all would not be lost. The Warrior Kazuma has added a new title to his growing list. That of Wandering Hero. To gain such a high and mighty title, one must travel to four different towns with intent to render aid, and provide such in extreme amounts. This lad is indeed a very bright beacon of hope for us all. That said, our true hopes and prayers lay with the Outcast Warrior party. The following is the truth as it was relayed to the guild news network, and is verified by both the Queen of the elves, Her Elegance Queen Tatiana Wildbow.”
“Wildbow? Seriously?”
Tyler snorted at the purely an elf name.
“Her Elegance Queen Tatiana Wildbow, Lady Nightshade of the Dragonbone rank of our guild, and hundreds of eye witness reports. The elven city of TopLeaf came under siege from a massive army of goblins, orcs, and giants native to the area. Numbers were reported to be 1200 strong, and the creatures were led by a Lesser Rage Demon. The vile thing sought to take the city by surprise, yet were foiled by an early sighting by the Warrior Tyler The Outcast. The lad then rode for the town and led the defense himself. From these verified reports, The one known as Outcast has been gifted the title of Dragon Friend by none other then Tempesta himself. It would seem the earlier reports of the Hero’s Dragon, as the lord of blue is sometimes referred, meeting with the Outcast and his party were in fact correct. As he has not seen fit to grant his friendship to any in three hundred years. Nor, as the reports say, seen fit to bestow his own breath upon a human in over a thousand. That’s correct reader, Tyler the Outcast has been gifted the power of Dragon Roar. And once again as the report’s say, wields the power of the dragons like he was a dragon himself. Tyler wields the bow of Eilisef, an ancient elven Queen, wields Mythril weapons, and now it seems the power of dragons. Upon organizing the defenses himself, Tyler rallied the defending army of two hundred against the opposing army of 1200, and stood atop the battlements as he exploited a Rage demon’s greatest weakness: It’s pride. Tyler manipulated a Demon into issuing a Demon Challenge, the stakes of which are carried out by whoever hears the initial challenge. Tyler then cut the fell beast apart single-handedly. According to the hundreds of Eye witness reports, the Demon stood no chance, as Tyler used his extreme speed and the flames of the Demon-hating Tempesta to kill the thing in a manner all too easy for him. As per his victory over the Demon, Tyler’s stipulation was the Demon’s army kill itself. In short, the Outcast killed an enemy army of over a thousand nigh Single-handedly. I will place my reputation as a lifelong Guild recorder, that these words I have written are indeed true. We have a new Demonslayer walking amongst us mere mortals. One that wields power not seen since the Golden Age of Warriors centuries ago. The most astounding piece of news, was not a single man under the Outcast’s command fell in the defense of the town. Thus, the Title Peerless Tactician was also bestowed upon him. In short, an army of 1200 orcs, goblins, and giants were led to assault the elven city of TopLeaf, only to be killed the last by Tyler the Outcast nigh single-handedly, without losing a single defender of a force of 200. As such, is a Hero of the kind we desperately need more of. As it is however, all our hopes and prayers rest upon the shoulders of a single party. May the gods have mercy upon those brave souls. In other news, the Warrior know as Charlotte has been condemned for the most extreme cowardice, as she abandoned a family of four, a father, a mother, and two little girls just passed their tenth birthday, after they granted her the warmth of their fire and the shelter of their tent the previous night to rape, torture and death by a party of ten goblins. The Coward, as she is now referred to as, watched the vile creatures torment that poor family from the shelter of a nearby bush, only fleeing when a daughter of the family, the exact same ones that had told her Warriors like her were her heroes, spotted her inn her hiding place. The Coward has received the Cowards brand upon her hands and back, along with the title of Horse Abuser for the state her poor mount had been in when she rode into TopLeaf in an attempt to flee from the approaching goblin army. All reports indicate she is a wretched woman utterly unworthy of the Warrior’s Strength. May she find a shallow grave and a hungry family of coyotes. Tempesta was sighted yet again, winging his way now along the coast of Vernillion near the port town of Yalik. As is his way, he goes were the wind blows him, and as long as no one is stupid enough to challenge him, he will leave all in peace.”

Tyler sighed as he closed his HUD.
“My party has to carry the waves. Alone. Fuckin perfect.”
A breeze blew through the small glade he sat in, and he could smell the aroma of cooking food as the elves readied their home for a victory party to celebrate their bloodless defense. Tyler crossed his arms and laid Gleipnir across his legs, and rested his head on the rock.
“Well, at least our lives won’t be boring anymore.”
He smiled as a three foot tall red squirrel came scampering over to look at him, tilting it’s head as if to say, what the hell are you? Tyler pulled a large walnut from his pouch and placed it on the ground for the thing. It chattered at him before taking the offered nut and planting itself beside him as it gnawed on the offering. Tyler smiled ironically at the happy critter.
“Well, all else fails, I can at least make a nut-hungry squirrel happy.”
He got another chatter in his direction.
“Agreed. We are so screwed. That bastard will summon another crop of Warriors that won’t have enough time to build their levels to be of use, the waves will come, and it’ll be me and the ones I love that will need to hold the line alone or we all die horribly.”
Chatter.
“Wow, now I’m venting to a Squirrel. Not sure if I’ve fallen or am just really freakin tired.”
Chatter, chatter.
“Tired then.”
Chatter.
“Well, alright then. You’re the boss.”
Chattering snort.
Tyler placed Gliepnir in its sheath and settled against the rock before closing his eyes with the unusually large squirrel curling up beside him in a soft fur ball a good two feet across.


“Hey, Tyler, wake up.”
Tyler opened his eyes to see Kaori looking at him with concern in her green eyes. The sky was getting a golden hue as he blinked awake.
“Hey, Kaori.”
He stretched, and looked to where the Squirrel had been, finding a spot in the grass two feet across in a perfect circle had been matted down. He smiled as he looked over his gear.
“I musta been more tired an I thought.”
kaori sat beside him, and laid her head on his shoulder as he found all his gear, weapons, coin, and other gear were all present.
“I had to shake you rather hard there.”
HE chuckled as he now felt a lot better.
“Wow, Kaori. YOU managed to sneak up on me. Well done.”
The blonde looked at him.
“Who was that girl?”
He looked at her.
“Girl?”
His evident confusion, plus the fact he never lied, prompted an explanation.
“When I came over here to check on you, there was a girl about yay high.”
She placed a hand at the three foot mark off the ground.
“With long forest green hair, a ankle length white gown and bare foot curled up beside you with her head on you lap. I thought she was a local elf girl you’d been playing with, when I saw her ears weren’t pointed. I was about to walk over to make sure you were okay, when she opened her eyes. And they were the most beautiful pair of blue eyes I have ever seen. It felt like I was staring into a pair of glowing Sapphires. Seriously, look! I got friggin goosebumps!”
Sure enough, the bumps were plain as day on her arms. Tyler looked at her.
“She say anything?”
Kaori shook her head.
“She smiled at me, before a bird’s cry made me jump, I blinked, and she was gone like a light flipping it off and on. I came right over, and saw that matted spot, and you in such deep sleep, I had to shake you nearly like a ragdoll.”
Tyler smiled as he looked to the deeper forest near the wall.
“I think this forest has a few stories in there. When I closed my eyes, I had a three foot tall red squirrel resting beside me after I gave it a walnut. Maybe this forest has a Spirit as well. And she watched over me as I slept. For, that was the best sleep I have had in years.”
Kaori snuggled under his arm.
“I think, that you’re right. Maybe she wanted to thank you for defending her home.”
“And when she saw you coming, she saw her debt repaid, and me in good hands for her to leave me.”
Tyler rubbed her arm as they looked into the forest, and Tyler smiled as he heard the chatter again.
“Thanks for the rest.”
This time, a child’s happy giggle was heard around the resting pair, followed by a squirrel’s chatter. The pair looked in it’s direction to see a small girl of Kaori’s direction petting the squirrel that was the same size as her. The girl smiled as she waved at them, before winking out of existence. Tyler had a tear fall from his eye as she went.
“I’m sorry you died like that. But, may you find rest within this forest with your new friend, forever. Sallie.”
There was another child’s laugh, followed by the Squirrel’s chatter, then a light breeze flowed through the area as Tyler hugged kaori tightly. The blonde now realizing what she had seen, and who that girl had been, hugged her lifelong friend as he mourned the passing of one that he had not been able to save. One that had returned to absolve him of guilt, show the slayer of the monsters that had killed her she was safe, and offer a moments peace to one that needed it so badly.

He let her go and kissed her deeply as he let the memory of the girl rest. Kaori kissed him back. Then he pulled back to look her in the eye.
“If we ever have a girl, we name her Sallie.”
Kaori had tears in her eyes as he said this.
“And this time, she will have a true Warrior to be her hero.”
The friends hugged again, never noticing the image of the small girl standing by the tree, joined now another girl, a tall lady, and a man, watching them with the light of the free in their ephemeral blue eyes, as their Squirrel guide chattered one last time to the Warriors before leading the family away.


Tyler had felt the chatter, and sat back against the rock as he looked at the sky. He smiled.
“We need to get moving again. We’ve done all we needed to do here.”
Kaori smiled, as she too had felt the farewell chatter.
“We still have the party.”
HE stroked her blonde hair.
“Lets agree that this one is OUR secret.”
She glowed as she kissed him again.
“Sallie. A beautiful name.”
Tyler sighed as he looked at the now non matted grass.
“for a sure to be beautiful child.”
Kaori smiled and settled into his chest as they rested together.

“Oh THERE you are!”
The couple lifted their heads to look at a now making a beeline for them Lily and Sera. The fierce elf girl was tapping her foot in the grass.
“Seriously! We’ve been looking for you EVERYWHERE! And where do we find you? Curled up together on the Guide’s Rock.”
Tyler and Kaori looked at each other.
“Guide’s Rock?”
Lily sighed as Sera got a hug.
“It’s the rock all elven come to mourn those that mattered to them that fell away from home. According to the legend, if your heart is in enough turmoil over the loss, the Guide, a three foot tall red squirrel will appear and both grant you what you most desperately need at that moment, and allow you to see the fallen loved one in their spirit form as a means of closure. Course, they look their spirits forms, and if the legend is to be believed, green hair, blue eyes, and a white gown. Once the Squirrel has fulfilled this boon, it Guides the fallen to their place of rest.”
Tyler smiled as he stood, brushing off the grass from his leathers.
“Somehow, Kaori, that does NOT surprise me.”
The blonde smiled as well as she rose too.
“Not even a little. It seems it was bothering you even more then I thought.”
Tyler gazed over to the tree where the girl had stood.
“It was bothering me, Kaori. But, not anymore. At least, they got their peace. Now, I have mine.”
He reached into a pouch and pulled another walnut and placed it in his spot. Then he and his friends left the small glade, as the chattering was heard again, followed by a happy child’s giggle.

“So, Lily, what’s up?”
“Yeah, why you looking for us?”
Lily sighed.
“What was the deal with the walnut?”
Tyler and Kaori looked at each other.
“Just saying thanks to a friend.”
“Wow, can you BE anymore vague?”
Tyler patted her head as Sera got a hug of Kaori.
“This one’s me and kaori’s secret.”
“Whatever. You’re still mine when I get there.”
Tyler just laughed at the ferocious girl. The happy girls led Tyler hand in hand with kaori to a large outdoor patio where upon setting foot on the wood, a loud cheer was heard.
“All Hail! THE CHAMPION OF THE ELVES!”
Tyler smiled as music exploded from every corner, and braziers lit. The long tables and benches packed solid with those that had fought in the battle, with his party at the table of honor at the head. The tables themselves were loaded with meats, fruits, cakes, pies, salads, ale, beer, wine, and other such drinks. Tyler and kaori were toasted as the hero and heroine of the battle as they followed the now marching Lily and Sera to their spots at the head table. Tyler at the center chair, Kaori to his right, Sera his left, and Lily next to Wulf. Tyler got his mug filled, and raised high.
“To those poor souls that fell before we ended that army’s life. Hail!”
“HAIL!”
The mugs were thrown back as they all honored those that army had killed before the Outcast got them. Then the feast and party was on for real. Tyler with kaori’s hand in his as they fed each other different foods.
“Hey, Tyler, try this.”
“Damn, Barbie. No clue what it is, but damn.”
“Hey! Outcast! Breathe fire!”
Tyler flipped over the table.
“NOW it’s a damn party! Blue demon dragon ROARRRR!”
He sent up a not-as-powerful-gut-still-powerful blast of blue fire to the rousing cheers of the victorious roaring like a waterfall. The music was also intense, as lutes, drums, flutes and various stringed instruments were playing in the background. Tyler was the Hero of the day, and his party the honored companions. Tyler was tapping his foot to the music, when he saw Kaori had both hands free.
“Hey, kaori! Wanna dance?”
She smiled widely as she took his hand and they danced together in the flickering fire light. That was a signal of sorts, as couples all over appeared and they twirled their partners around gracefully. Wulf had Nightshade in his arms as they spun, Malico was entertaining Logrian with her moves and looks, Sera and Lily danced together, Lucy with an elf that seemed WAY too scared to have been a willing partner, Thistle and Vixen were twirling around each other, as Lillia danced with a blushingly happy Rylie. And Tyler had Kaori spinning and flowing around him like water in a river. He having a wide smile as he pulled the girl of his dreams in to kiss her before throwing her out only to bring her right back in. Then he pulled her in close to hold her against him as they swayed to the now gentler music.
“Kaori.”
She smiled they moved.
“Yeah?”
“I love you.”
She pressed her head into his chest.
“I love you too.”
She could feel the hammering of his heart under her ear, and he could feel her own through his body. She looked at him and kissed him softly, then leaned into his ear.
“Our OWN room tonight.”
He hugged her tightly.
“Are you sure?”
She squeezed him hard.
“I am. I love you, Tyler.”
HE smiled as she felt his heart skip a beat.
“Alright, kaori. I love you too.”
The owner of the Inn they would be staying at was watching the exchange with a wide smile on his lips.
“I’ll have the key sent along with discreteness, young ones. You’ve earned this much.”

Tyler and kaori stepped back to return to the table.
“Outcast!”
They looked to see a burly man with a hunk of steel 5 inches thick.
“Show us!”
“Eh, sure.”
Tyler picked the thing up, looked at kaori, smiled, and bent the thing into a heart-shaped frame he held over her face.
“This one’s MINE fellas! Hands OFF!”
kaori smiled widely.
“Ladies? Well, I’m curious!”
That sent a wave of laughter and whistles through the gathered fighters. Then a cry went up.
“Speech! Speech!”
The gathered fighters fell silent as Tyler looked at them.
“From me or her?”
That got a laugh as Lily threw a fork at him.
“YOU ya jackass!”
He smiled as he flicked the fork back at her, it bounced twice before landing perfectly placed next to her plate like she hadn’t touched it. Tyler leaned on a pole as he crossed his arms.
“Speech huh? Never thought I live to see the day ANYONE would give a damn what I had to say.”
He smiled as he looked around the patio.
“To think, little under three weeks prior I was sitting in the Coward’s classroom getting beaten half to death with books and other such sundries by anyone with a pulse. Only kaori was there to comfort me, and most times I just wanted her to walk away, as if she kept hanging around me, I was afraid they’d go after her too. Now I wield the weapons of legends, powers of dragons, have to fight off a VERY persistent elven girl,”
That got a few chuckles as Lily was heard muttering.
“You WILL be mine dammit.”
“See? Kinda outmatched there.”
Tyler sighed as he looked at his friends.
“Some call me Outcast. Others Hero. More Warrior. I read an article today saying how my party might be the only real defense we have against the waves. Since the others are all either weak or useless or both. The thing said that the hopes and prayers of the world rest on our, more namely MY shoulders. Ha, can’t help wondering if they picked the wrong guy.”
Tyler smiled again.
“But gods dammit I will TRY. If the waves want to lay waste to MY home.”
He drew Gleipnir and planted it in the dirt to rest his hands on the pommel.
“If they want to get to you, they have to get. Past. ME!”
“OUTCAST!”
They banged the mugs on the table as Tyler then fixed them with the Demon Glare.
“Let it be known far and wide, that if need be, I’ll fight the waves ALONE, NAKED AND BAREHANDED BEFORE THEY LAY A FINGER ON THE PEOPLE I LOVE!”
“OUTCAST! OUTCAST OUTCAST!”
Tyler smiled as he flipped the broadsword into his back scabbard. He then looked to the crew.
“So. Where’s the beer?”
That sent them into an uproar of laughter as he drained another mug before looking at kaori. She smiled, and he smiled. As he went to take a seat beside her, a boy came running with a refill of ale, and slapped a key into his hand as he went. Tyler smiled as a silver was slipped into his pocket as he ran by again. Tyler poked Kaori with it, and she leaned close to him.
“Yes.”
He smiled as he used all his stealth skills to make him and kaori disappear into the background, and ghost to their room. The small one bed room was near the back of the Inn, and had thick walls on all sides. Tyler locked the door as Kaori undressed. Then he did as well, and they smiled at their glory. Kaori led him to the bed, and laid on her back with her golden hair spread out around her. Tyler placed his sword on her scabbard, as she took his hands in hers.
“Be gentle, your my first.”
He kissed her.
“I love you. Kaori.”
She smiled up at him.
“I love you too. Tyler. Come to me.”
HE slid inside her as she gasped at the feeling. Then they were moving against each other in slow, tentative strokes, as they loved each other with their bodies for the very first time. Tyler loved how Kaori felt and sounded, as he made love to the girl of his dreams like he had always longed to. As kaori loved the feel of him inside her and his feel as she finally got the boy she had longed for ever since that day in the hallway. The room was full of their monas and groans, followed by a simultaneous scream of passioned pleasure as they both came for each other.
“I love you, Kaori!”
“I love you Too, Tyler!”
Then they collapsed to the bed, him on top of her, both panting. Tyler regaining his strength to kiss her softly, and her smiling up at him as he slid to lay beside her.
“I loved it. I love you, Tyler.”
HE kissed her gently.
“I loved it too. I love you too, Kaori.”
She smiled as she rolled to look at him, a flush on her cheeks.
“Thanks for being kind.”
He kissed er again.
“Thank you for being you.”
She snuggled against him as they both closed their eyes, and drifted off to sleep. Never seeing the three foot tall squirrel watching them from the branch of a tree outside the window, or the small girl next to it smiling at them with all the happiness a child should smile with.
DAYS UNTIL WAVE: 59.



Tyler opened his eyes to see the roof of his room. He looked beside him, and saw Kaori had his hand in hers as she slept on her stomach. By the gods, I HAD Kaori! Oh my gods, I had sex with Kaori! He leaned in and kissed the sleeping girl, so full of joy, pride, and just pure bliss that he was he could not help himself. She smiled.
“Good morning, my lover.”
His heart just stopped for a moment.
“Good morning, my lover.”
She pushed herself up and sat beside him. A happy smile on her face.
“We did it. We really did it.”
He hugged her to his scarred chest.
“I have wanted you for so long.”
She smiled as she hugged him back.
“As have I.”
He lifted her face up to kiss her, and she sighed with happiness.
“How do you feel?”
She chuckled.
“A little achy in the grove, but good. I can still ride and fight.”
HE stroked her long blonde hair as they felt each other’s body heat. Then she sighed.
“Okay. WE need a bath.”
“And food.”
The lovers dressed in their gear before leaving the room to find a bath house or what the elven equivalent was. They found the inn keep behind his counter as the two lovers walked into the dining hall. Tyler asking the question as Kaori looked over her shoulder nervously.
“We need a bath.”
The older man smiled widely, happy for the young Warriors.
“Aye, lad. Through that door is the bathhouse”
He slid the man a silver.
“I’d appreciate it if another lady could help her with her hair.”
The man just felt pride at this lad.
“Me wife will be proud to Lord.”
Tyler smiled and gave the bathhouse location to Kaori. Then they went in together. Tyler sighed with satisfaction as he climbed into the rock pool that was magically heated. As per his way, he sat with his back to the wall dividing the two sections. The hot water feeling great and refreshing on his scarred body.
“Oh, of course you’re here already.”
Tyler looked over to see Wulf entering the water.
“Hey, Wulf, how was the rest of the party?”
The elven ranger snorted.
“It was fun. Gotta say, that was a very impressive disappearance you pulled. The partiers all wanted another speech, a solid hour after you sat down, and that was when we noticed you and Kaori had simply vanished. We all guessed right away what that meant.”
“Sorry, Wulf. Not a word will pass my lips.”
The older elf smiled knowingly.
“Never the first. A man’s way.”
“Ahh, but the second? THAT’S a different beast altogether!”
The two men threw their heads back laughing, as was the way of fighting men.

Kaori sighed happily as the water cleaned her body, and soothed her ache. Her long blonde hair fanning out behind her like a train of gold as the lavender scented water soaked her war weary body.
“Well. Looks like you had fun last night.”
She looked to see Malico come to sit across from the soaking blonde. The sexy catgirl’s tail was flicking back and forth with curiosity.
“Come on girl, spill! What was he like?”
Kaori smiled widely.
“Kind and gentle. I loved it.”
Malico was filled with such joy for the two lovers, and rushed to hug Kaori tightly as the two girls celebrated their love. Then the wife came in with shampoo, a comb, and a stool.
“Yer boy asked me to aid with that golden crown of yours.”
Kaori smiled as she took her seat on the stool. The older lady was chuckling as she ran the comb through Kaori’s tresses.
“Now you my girl, have found yourself a good lad in that man. I suppose he IS a man now.”
Kaori and Malico giggled.
“he is indeed, miss. I wonder how the next time will be?”

Tyler was sitting at the table looking at the map, planning the next leg of their journey with Wulf right beside him.
“I really wanna get going again.”
Wulf smiled as he could see the longing for the road in the man’s eyes.
“My sister has a request.”
“She wants us to take Lily?”
HE sighed.
“I told her it’s not a good idea, but you know what she said?”
“I didn’t raise no Coward! Or, I didn’t raise no helpless damsel in distress!”
Wulf laughed.
“She said BOTH, in the same breath.”
“Well. Alright then. We’ll ask Lily herself if she wants to come, and get her to agree to my rules. Just for the sake of fairness.”
“We’ll train her ourselves, right?”
“Kinda scared to, but yes we will.”
The men both laughed, as they both loved the ferocious little elf girl. Kaori and Malico came out next, Kaori in her riding leathers with her golden hair in its usual ponytail to join the men.
“How it looking commander?”
Tyler smiled as she sat beside him.
“I’d like to leave by noon. We’ll look around a bit, I’d like to grab a refill on arrows, some burn spells, maybe a few new brown healing spells, and a Remedy, and Holy Relief for all.”
Wulf thought for a moment.
“We have smiths here that can make 10 full quivers of arrows from a shield sized lisk scale in two hours.”
“Dwarves maybe the best all-round smiths out there, but NOTHING tops the elves when it comes to arrows. Okay, we’ll wait for the rest of the party, I’ll drop off a scale, visit the magic shops, and get Lily a hidden chainmail vest.”
Kaori and Malico looked at each other.
“Wow. I have a serious competitor now.”
“we’ll sleep easier now!”
Tyler smiled as he looked through the leftover scales from the Lisk.
“Okay, we still have several hundred scales of the kind I gave Tolic. Good. Coin, well, we’re set for life.”
Wulf snorted.
“We have enough for SEVERAL lifetimes.”
“Overprepared.”
That made them all chuckle as Lillia, Sera and Lily came down to join the table. Lily marched straight for kaori and climbed up to look the now nervous girl in her eyes.
“You better teach him well. If he sucks at it by the time I get him, I’ll blame YOU!”
Sera was getting a hug off Tyler as kaori gulped.
“I’ll teach him well, Lily, never you worry.”
“Okay. Good. You may keep him.”
“Great. And I was just missing my feeling like a dog.”
Lily just plopped herself beside him, and looked at the map.
“So. I’m going with you.”
“Kinda figured. You know the rules.”
“And agree. So, what’s next?”
Tyler patted the small girl’s head.
“Next, is after our party is fed and briefed, we’ll take you to get properly outfitted for the road. A hidden vest, bow, arrows, a sword and extra daggers.”
She nodded.
“A short sword will be perfect for me.”
“And we’ll all teach you like Sera and Lillia.”
“Well DUH! I’m great, but still green.”
“Oh yeah, that reminds me. What’s your path, Lily?”
“Red.”
“Explains the fire. Kaori’s a red as well.”
“I would expect nothing less from my rival.”
Lucy and Thistle appeared next.
“Morning ladies. Get fed.”
The blood elf and the Barbarian took seats as Tyler looked at them.
“Thistle, what path are you?”
She smiled, showing off her pointed teeth.
“Red/steel.”
Tyler tilted his head.
“What’s steel’s thing?”
“It revolves around heavy offensive magics. Like weapon enhancements.”
“Wow, combine that with your natural ferocity, suddenly the blood dancer makes a lot of sense.”
That got a smile.
“Okay, only one not accounted for is Vixen.”
“Right here.”
The robed black mage sat down. Now that the party was accounted for, Tyler laid out the day’s plan.
“Okay. Lily’s joined our crew. So, I’ll be taking her to get outfitted by a smith. While’s she’s getting kitted out, I want you all to scour the shops for useful skills and spells. Of note are remedy, Holy relief, and burn spells, along with antidotes. I want to be back on the road by noon, or just after by the latest.”
Thistle was looking at the map.
“We’ll need a set of detection skills as well. That’s Wraith bear country.”
“Agreed, but as I’m in the lead, if they are ahead of us, I’ll see them. Check out these numbers.”
He showed her Perception, willpower, and Mental fortitude, and she sighed.
“Been centuries since I’ve seen numbers of that caliber. It explains how you rallied the others so easily and can manipulate a demon.”
Tyler smiled.
“We all started somewhere. Now, we also bait bandit attacks on the road. Rules for that is a single survivor for interrogation.”
Thistle and Lucy smiled.
“Aye, lad. I can do that.”
“I love fighting bandits. Easy blood and better target practice.”
Tyler rolled the map up.
“Alright. We have our plan. Break!”
The Outcasts went to their tasks with eager efficiency. Tyler brought Lily to go see a smith. The fierce girl leading him along through the town line.
“Hail! Outcast!”
“Hail!”
Tyler smiled as he looked to Lily.
“feels nice, getting hailed on the street. Still feels weird though.”
The small girl laughed.
“You’ll get used to it. Though tis a strange thing to get hailed by those you’ve never met before.”
“Indeed tis. But a good strange.”
They walked along the road to a large red bricked shop with a chimney belching out smoke from it’s mouth. The front was an open air market with various racks of weapons and armor neatly displayed upon them. Tyler sighted a jade green bow, and tilted his head.
“Is that a green path bow, Lily?”
She looked and smiled.
“Indeed it is. Made of the scales of a green drakolisk and infused with Magicite.”
“Nice. Malico gets an upgrade.”
Tyler lifted the weapon and brought to the counter as a tall, burly elven lady appeared in the window.
“Welcome to Willow’s smithy, lad. I sincerely hope you can pay, and not here for charity.”
Tyler snorted.
“Charity? That’s too expensive.”
That got a laugh as he clasped hands with the smith mountain elf.
“I see you’re as fiery as Lily says.”
“I DO breathe fire.”
The mother to Lily smiled fondly as Lily walked in to hug her.
“I’m going with em Momma.”
willow lifted the girl up and sat her on the counter.
“So. You here to outfit me girl?”
“Yup. We’d like to be out that gate by noon, or early evening the latest.”
She snorted.
“Aye lad. Anything special?”
“A mail vest to be hidden under her clothes, a bow, a short sword, and arrows. Red drakolisk scales are the base material.”
She lifted a brow.
“I’m afraid I don’t have the scales you seek.”
“It’s okay. I do.”
He reached into a pouch and placed four more scales on the counter. Willow and Lily looked at each other shocked.
“No WONDER that demon was so easy for him!”
“See, momma? I TOLD you he was strong!”
Willow hugged her fierce girl. Then she looked at the scales.
“I see quality matters.”
“We’re putting our lives in this gear. Yeah, kinda is.”
“An Arrows with the leftovers.”
“Indeed. Oh, and I’ll be taking this bow as well.”
HE laid the green bow on the counter. Willow narrowed her eyes.
“All told. 450 gold, 55 silver, 32 copper.”
Tyler reached into a pouch, without hesitating, and placed 451 gold on the counter.
“I hate math.”
Willow and Lily looked at each other again. Then Willow smiled.
“I see you found it’s trove.”
“Like I told Tolic. Dragonkin and shiny stuff go hand in hand. Yer an idiot if you fergit THAT basic tenet of adventuring.”
Willow smiled as she placed the money in a pouch.
“Well said, and well earned. Okay, I’ll keep Lily here to aid the forge.”
“She smiths?”
Lily smiled proudly.
“I’m okay. Still learning.”
“Can you do field Smithing?”
She looked at him.
“Yeah, I can. Why?”
“Sweet. We got ourselves a camp smith. We need arrow heads or other simple gear, Lily, if we provide the metal, think you can handle it?”
Willow was smiling with pride as a the town Hero looked to her daughter’s own impressive skills for aiding his party.
“I should. Depends on a lot though.”
“We’ll need to see in the moment?”
“Exactly. Too many factors to plan for: fire temp, location, metals available, tools to work with. You get the picture.”
“Far as tools are concerned, we got a decent tool pouch, so, after this, we’ll go load up on what you’d need.”
“I see that mantra of overprepared is more way of life. I got my own set of tools here.”
“Well, always figured you’d use me as a pack mule.”
“And part time horse.”
“Wow, Lily, nice to see YOUR intentions.”
That got a snort from Willow as Lily just smirked at him.
“Like I keep saying. You WILL be mine when the time comes.”
Tyler looked to Willow.
“She’s a fierce little wildcat and no mistake.”
“I didn’t raise no spineless coward.”
“Damn right ya didn’t. Okay, Lily, where’s your tools?”
They left Willow to her work as the pair went to Lily’s own small assortment of tools and equipment. Willow was smiling as she saw Lily place her chosen things in a sack and make Tyler carry it.
“Me girl, you found yourself a great one. This land is going to tremble in fear when THAT party rides out.”

Tyler carried the small girl’s tool sack to where Kaori was looking around an open-air goods store.
“Hey, Kaori. Lily here’s a field smith. I got her tools here.”
The blonde smiled widely as she added the sack to her pouch.
“We even have a smith now.”
HE smiled as he saw her looking at some seasonings.
“See anything we can use?”
“Salt, thyme, and some others for the meat.”
“Get what you think we’d use or like.”
“On it.”
Lily had been left with Willow, so Tyler did the rounds. He next found Lucy the blonde barbarian looking at two handed Certificates.
“Anything useful?”
Lucy was looking at two.
“Aye, this be Rock Smash. Doubles the strength on a two handed swing with half the effort. The other is Scythe. Adds a bit of air to the edge of a two-handed weapon for extra cutting power.”
“I’ll grab a rock smash as well, since Gleipnir’s a bastard sword, both one hand and two hand skills work on it.”
Lucy looked at him.
“Do we have the coin for such a purchase?”
He gestured to his ear, and when she leaned in.
“We have over 6000 gold, Lucy. NOT including the mass of gems we’re sitting on as well.”
Lucy was shocked.
“where’d you come by such a thing?”
“See, the thing about Drakolisks? They like shiny stuff. We found its trove.”
She understood then.
“I see. So THAT’S why you carry the coin pouch.”
“Yup. Anything else you saw?”
She looked to a pouch on the wall.
“That’s a spear pouch for throwin. Holds a hundred hafts.”
“Nifty.”
Tyler took the thing down and added a set of the two hand skills to the pile. Total? 2 gold. Now that Lucy was set, the next one he found was Malico in a magic shop looking at a green spell book.
“Hiya kittycat. Got a present for ya.”
She looked up as he pulled the green bow off his back. She smiled and hugged him.
“Awww thank you!”
She held the thing, and it shimmered with the green of a deep pond. Tyler also handed her the book.
“Anything useful in there?”
Malico shouldered her new bow.
“Most actually. Only one that’s not is an a duplicate of a green poison I have.”
“We’ll give to another of our crew then.”
She hugged him, and he could feel her large breasts pressing into his chest.
“So you know, I’ll be having a chat with Kaori later.”
“Now I’m both scared and curious.”
She let him go as he spotted a book of white on the shelf. He took it down, and started flipping through.
“Okay, another Holy relief, Remedy, nifty. Okay, Esunge? Heals Curse, Poison, paralysis, burns, and treats illness. Nice. Holy Smite. Effective anti-undead spell similar in nature to a fireball. Power depends on caster’s magic and Path power. Kills lesser undead outright. Okay, needed badly. This woulda made that greater Lich so much easier. Last is Divine retribution? Okay, costs 150 mana, creates a barrier 150 meters in diameter, and blocks hostile magic until is fully charged, once charge is complete, all the hostile magics are launched outward in a white blast augmented by the caster’s magic and path power. Useful for last stands and clearing out masses of undead in a hurry. Yeah. That’s a doozy.”
He closed the book, the spotted a brown as well. HE smiled as he thought of Juniper and lifted it down.
“Okay. Nature’s protection. A barrier that repels hostile animals. Neat. Natural restoration, heals an animal’s wound and infections up to near death. Shares a path with White. Cool. Nullify. Okay, renders hostile magic within a woodland useless within a set area while also preserving the caster’s own. Useful. Okay this too.”
Malico tilted her head curiously.
“I don’t think any of us are brown path though.”
“Lucy’s a dual pather with brown.”
“Oh, right. I forgot.”
Tyler smiled as he laid their books on the counter, and handed 5 gold for the books. He went to leave when he spotted a black book on a high shelf.
“Hey, Malico. Got a black book.”
The cat lifted it down, as Tyler poked it, only to get a mild burn.
“Okay, these are all really nasty offensive spells, most deal with either painful deaths or hard acids.”
“Any bans?”
She flipped.
“Hmmm, no. Just some really mean spells.”
“Vixen can use it then.”
an extra two gold later, Tyler had the book wrapped in a cloth to prevent burns. He found the black mage looking at a set of potions in a shop.
“Hey, Goth. Got something you might like.”
The pale skinned beauty looked as he passed the clothed book.
“I see these burned you.”
“No banned spells, just really mean ones.”
The mage flipped through, and her smile grew wide as she saw the spells.
“A very good find. Some of these are very rare indeed.”
He hugged her.
“Can’t let the only non-evil black mage get left behind.”
she smiled as she placed it under her robes.
“I found a potion pouch.”
“How many it hold?”
“150 potions.”
“Nice to see my fox is on it.”
She smiled as she got the pouch and a set of antidotes. The next one he found was Thistle looking over her own axe. The thing was a beautiful weapon with grooves cut into the four foot head. The blades were shaped in a most curious heart shape, yet Tyler knew to get hit with that thing was a death sentence. He smiled as he greeted the blood elf.
“Hiya Thistle. How it swinging?”
She snorted as she hefted her weapon.
“Just fine. I found a new set of Certificates, Wulf has them on the pile to be paid for.”
“Nice. I added Rock Smash to my arsenal.”
She laughed.
“With YOUR strength, that’s a scary thought.”
“Way to make a damned point.”
“Aye, it is at that.”
She pulled a stone and ran it along her blades, making it sing with the rasp of steel.
“You have a horse?”
The blood elf smiled.
“I do. She arrived this morning.”
“Well, alright.”
Tyler left the elf to her work as he next found Sera and Lillia looking over bow Skills.
“Hiya Ladies. Anything useful?”
Sera had a Certificate.
“This could be useful.”
“Piercing Blast? Okay, uses strength and arrow material to pierce enemy armor. Most effective on scaled foes. Good find. Always a good idea to have armor piercing skills.”
Lillia passed him a enhancement spell.
“Okay, red. Coats an arrowhead in a flame that detonates on impact. Force of the blast is dictated by bow strength, path power, Magic and strength. Okay, we’re loading our reds up with this one. Good find Lilia.”
She smiled happily.
“Glad I found something.”
He then found Wulf with a small pile of supplies at a stall.
“How’s it looking?”
The elven ranger crossed his arms.
“We got new seasonings, a new patching kit for rips in clothing, I found a better fletching kit than the one you had, new bait for the rod, an extra rod and line, more line and hooks, some reusable matches, a new wood axe as the one we had was chipping pretty badly, and a pickaxe for that Mine skill you have.”
Tyler whistled.
“Nice. Honestly? I didn’t really consider just how I was gonna get the stone out.”
Wulf laughed.
“Knowing you? You’d use your bare hands to mine rock.”
“Sadly, you’re not wrong. Lily’s with Willow getting kitted out. Girl’s a field smith, so we got that.”
Wulf smiled proudly.
“Willow’s a fierce one, ain’t she?”
“Indeed she is. Curious how Tatiana got made queen.”
Wulf chuckled.
“Willow and I wanted no part of the crown. I was already a ranger, and Willow loves the sound of metal under a hammer.”
“Wildbow though? Seriously?”
Wulf cracked up laughing at that.
“My sister lacks imagination.”
“Clearly.”
Tyler paid for the supplies and loaded the gear on the horses. As he did, a runner came over.
“Outcast!”
Tyler looked to the boy.
“Aye, lad.”
The boy smiled as he relayed his message.
“The smith Willow has completed your order sir!”
Tyler gave him ten silver.
“Good lad!”
The boy got a pat before he ran off to his next task. The Outcast went to Willow’s smithy, and found Lily in her deer skin gown and rabbit leg warmers with her new short sword, bow, and daggers belted on her frame. Her sword hilt over her right shoulder like his was. Willow smiled as he patted the girl affectionately.
“Me girl looks like a proper adventurer now.”
Tyler smiled as he placed an extra 50 gold on the counter.
“Nice to see good smiths are more in number then I first feared.”
Willow just smiled at the shrewd gesture. She then lifted up 4 full quivers of 50 shafts of lisk scale shafts into view.
“Your arrows as well.”
Tyler slung them over his back as Lily was looking at a dagger on her belt.
“Well, Lily, we’re heading out soon.”
She walked over and hugged her mother.
“I love you, Momma.”
“I love you to, Lily. Now you go make those poor bastards cry!”
The mother and daughter parted before Tyler took lily’s hand in his and they left the smithy. Willow smiling widely as a single tear fell at her daughter’s departure.
“Aye me girl. You finally get your own adventure. You go give that blonde beauty a run fer her boy!”

Lily had a sad look of her face as they returned to the readying to depart group.
“You okay?”
Lily smiled as she hugged him.
“Yeah. Just a little sad to leave home.”
Tyler smiled as he lifted her up and set her on Wulf’s horse.
“At least we got Wulf. Not sure why, but we got him.”
Lily giggled.
“I was wondering the same thing!”
Wulf just sighed.
“Great, I get to be bullied by both my niece AND him.”
Tyler patted the girl’s leg as he saw Thistle’s horse was nearly as blood red as she was.
“A blood mare. Nice.”
The blood dancing smirked as he passed her.
“And she be a fierce one at that!”
Lucy was on a massive beast that even made Thunder look small. The brown horse had white featherings on his hooves, and a long swishing tail.
“You get your book?”
The Barbarian smiled.
“Indeed lad. A wise call.”
Tyler swung up onto Thunder with Kaori on his right and Malico on his left. Once settled, he smiled.
“Outcasts! Move out!”
The morning air was then filled with the thunder of hooves as the party tore out the town gate. As they exited the gate, a mass of blaring trumpets were heard.
“HAIL THE OUTCASTS!”
“HAIL!”
The entire city had turned out atop the walls to see their saviors ride out to their next destination, Cragspire. The Capital of the elven kingdom. Tyler was smiling as he spotted a familiar three foot tall squirrel with the small girl both waving in farewell as he passed. He smiled in farewell as he tossed an extra walnut to the Guide. Kaori seeing the pair as well, and feeling the joy in her heart for the girl’s spirit. The party left a dust cloud behind as the city of TopLeaf waved farewell to the ones that had rode into town with word of an army, and the smashed that army without losing a man, And the pile of bodies still blazing merrily as the corpses burned, And a three foot tall squirrel watched them leave with a small girl beside it, gnawing on the walnut the Outcast had tossed it.

The party had a flat road ahead, and so rode at an easy gallop, as Sera and Lillia had gotten comfortable in riding at speed. It was a two day trip to the capital, so they were eager to get as far as they could. Tyler in the lead as always with his extreme perception clearing the trail ahead, with Kaori to his right, Malico his left, Sera and Lillia behind them, Vixen on the side, Lucy the other, Thistle behind the princesses, and Wulf and Lily trailing. They made great progress, and by the time they made their first stop for both lunch and give the horses a breather, they’d gone a solid quarter of the way. They chose a small semi-circle of rocks four feet tall, with the horses concealed by a taller wall to the right. Sera and Lily sat with their backs against the rock wall as a precaution against anything. Tyler could see the road from his spot as they partook of apples and sandwiches. The leader of the party opened the map again and looked it over again as they rested. Lucy and Thistle looked at each other before looking to kaori.
“We’ve only been riding a few hours. Why’s he looking it over like he’s planning a fresh trip?”
Kaori smiled.
“He’ll look it over every time we stop, make camp or if he feels like it. He’s rerunning through everything a hundred times. He‘ll keep at it until we’re well an passed the place we’re headed.”
Thistle was impressed.
“Wow. Lad thinks ahead.”
Lucy smiled as she remembered something.
“Lass, you said there were thinks we needed to be brought up to speed on.”
Kaori nodded.
“Tyler, if you’d do it.”
Tyler looked around to double check no one was around, before looking to his party.
“Okay. Myself, Kaori and Malico found Vernillionia’s body. We have his crown, ring, and last will. Gleipnir was his sword, Fenrir.”
Lily, Lillia, Sera, Lucy, and Thistle all jumped hard at the news. Then Lillia nodded.
“A VERY well kept secret backup plan in the event of a royal decree.”
Tyler smiled.
“If push comes to shove, we overthrow the kingdom, and set up Kazuma as high king with these.”
Lucy and Thistle were impressed.
“To think a lad of fifteen years can think out a strategy for such a find like that, and NOT get consumed by it.”
“Indeed. I’ll admit it that if it had been me that had found the king’s resting place, I’d would be very hard-pressed to not lose myself in it.”
Sera tilted her head.
“So, you could become a king at will? And you’re giving it to Kazuma? I thought you hated puppets?”
Tyler smiled at the thoughtful girl.
“I do, Sera. Kazuma’s no puppet. Nor an idiot. If we play this card on him, he’ll see it as a last resort and nothing more. Dude’s Kaori’s brother and a friend of mine. Long as she’s safe and happy, he’s happy.”
Lily shrugged.
“there goes my fantasy of being a queen.”
That got a laugh. Then Tyler crossed his arms.
“The only other thing, is something even MORE precious, and DOES NOT get spoken of outside our group. Understood?”
They all nodded. Then he smiled.
“I have a special ability. Called Demon’s Wrath. Can be used once a day for 14 minutes now. When active, ALL my stats get boosted by a hundred, spells cost nothing, and do not require a chant. Once it runs out, I’m exhausted for a period of 5 minutes. Oh, and cast spells are twice as powerful. So there’s that.”
Lucy, Sera, Lillia, Lily and Thistle all looked at him.
“How’d you get such a power?”
Tyler sighed and lifted his shirt and mail to show his scars.
“In my world, my mind spilt between me, and another personality. It was called The Monster. A personality of pure hate, pain, and rage. It was created to help me cope with the pain I lived with on a daily basis. When I came here, the thing was slowly killing me due to the sheer mental strain it took to keep it restrained. Well, I don’t need something of that evil to protect myself anymore. What I needed now was a shield to protect the ones I love. So, me and IT merged into what you see before you. Demon’s Wrath was the skill I gained upon doing so.”
The girls all sighed.
“A very well hidden ace up the sleeve.”
“Indeed. He’s scary enough WITHOUT it.”
“It explains a lot though.”
“He’s just awesome.”
“And MINE.”
The group chuckled as Lily restaked her claim. Tyler was sharpening a dagger when the sound of horse hooves were heard approaching their spot. The party tensed as Tyler poked his head to look. A horse drawn cart driven by a man and women were approaching from further up the road. Tyler smiled.
“Looks like a couple headed to town. I’ll get their attention.”
Tyler stood up, and walked into view by the road.
“Hail!”
The man was another mountain elf in a farmer’s overalls with a dress-clad wife in bonnet. At Tyler’s appearance from behind the rock, the man pulled a dagger as he slowed.
“Be ye friend or foe?”
“Friend as long as ye be friend.”
The man sheathed his blade.
“I be friend to those that be me friend.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I be Tyler the Outcast. Me party’s over there.”
The man’s eyes went wide as he saw the gathered fighters behind the rock.
“By the gods. The Outcast himself. An honor to meet ya great one.”
“Call me Tyler. How’s the road look ahead?”
The man sighed.
“A group of bandits are scoping out the road. Had the give the black guards ten silver to get passed!”
Tyler flipped him a gold.
“Thanks. We’ll go have some fun then.”
The man’s eyes lit up at the sight of the gold.
“Thankee kindly lad. I see the stories about your generosity is not mere tales.”
“Take care. You too, miss.”
The elf wife tipped her bonnet as they rode off. Tyler looked to his party.
“Let’s go make a mess.”
They all mounted up, and Tyler explained his method.
“we ignore our surroundings. That way, they cannot resist the chance. Lily, get on Sera’s horse. It’ll look like we got children as well.”
Thistle smiled darkly.
“A most simple yet effective method. Was it yers?”
“Kaori’s actually.”
The blonde smiled sweetly.
“Leave to the lady to find a simpler solution to a problem.”
That got a laugh from the ladies of the party. The group rode at a leisurely walk, as they chatted and bantered. Tyler was even flipping through a rather thick ring of Licenses, just to add that extra bit of allure. They passed through an area of rather tight woodlands, and Tyler noted the tell-tale shadows. He pulled a blue path dagger and was sharpening it, and started a jovial whistle which the party picked up on. Tyler smiled as a thick chain with razor sharp spikes was raised between two large rocks to the knees of Thunder.
“That’s a decent trick.”
Wulf was heard chuckling.
“A common tactic here.”
Tyler waited patiently as thirty men appeared in front, with another twenty behind. Then a dwarf called out.
“Aight, this be a toll road. Fer you, 10 gold.”
Tyler just smiled as he flipped his dagger into the dwarf’s throat. Then he and his party went to it.
“Lily, this is ours.”
The elf girl huffed, but put up her bow.
“Greedy. They’re all so greedy.”
Tyler had Thistle beside him as he swung Gleipnir and the blood elf wielding her axe, which she named Bloodsplitter. Tyler’s sword was carving the fifteen to his left as he was back to back with the blood dancer.
“Too easy!”
Thistle was smiling as she slammed her axe into a pair of elves with shields.
“But fun!”
Wulf had Lucy and kaori helping him deal with the twenty behind them. Lucy roaring with every swing.
“Anahit!”
Kaori was making the air rain blood with her katana Dawn, as her sheer speed allowed her ten hits in the span it took the enemy to get 4. As Wulf merely swung his long sword he’d gotten from the Lich cave. Vixen was also active as well, as she used her acidic spells to kill the two enemy mages. Malico was shooting arrows from her new bow at would-be snipers in trees, as Sera fired into the opposite side of the road, as Lillia aided Malico. Lily was extremely miffed she didn’t get to do anything except watch. She was watching the Warriors mop up, when a man grabbed her.
“Gotcha!”
He’d used a sneak skill to get past the Warriors, and was now trying to grab Lily. Only thing was.
“Momma didn’t raise no Damsel!”
Lily pulled her own dagger and stabbed the man in the eye, before pulling her bow and shooting him in the heart as he had stepped back screaming in pain. The arrows impacted, and he dropped, with Lily nodding with satisfaction.
“See?”
She nocked another arrow, and noticed the road was quiet. She looked up to see the battle had been won, and they were all staring at her. She tilted her small head.
“What? Was he the designated survivor?”
Tyler and Thistle looked at each other as they kicked the man they’d spared.
“Well done Lily, I guess that’s your spot now. Horse archer. Nice.”
He and the rest of the party clapped in admiration for the ferocious girl and her kill. Then Tyler looked to Sera and Lillia.
“How’d you two do?”
Sera smiled.
“I got five!”
“Nice shootin. Lillia?”
She smiled as well.
“I got five as well.”
Tyler noted something in her eyes.
“You okay?”
The princess smiled again, a little sadly.
“Just need to process I’m a killer now. Goblins and orcs are one thing. Men another entirely.”
“We understand. You need a hug, give a holler.”
“Will do.”
Tyler nodded.
“Okay. You know the drill ladies.”
he and Thistle looked to the cowering man as Tyler drew his Sgian Dao. Thistle looked at him.
“You mean to torture him?”
“We gotta find his camp, don’t we?”
She understood what he’d meant by ‘dark work’.
“We do indeed.”
Tyler was smiling as he crouched to look the man in the eye.
“Where’s your camp?”
He spit at him.
“Well. A fighter.”
Tyler stabbed him in the knee, and the man groaned a little, but made no other sound. He was still glaring at him defiantly.
“I’ll gladly take anything you can do to me, as that way I’ll die a loyal man!”
“Hey, Lucy! Mind tossing me one o you spears?”
Lucy’s throwing spears were shorter, and slightly thicker as her fist was also larger. She tossed him the weapon curiously.
“Pray tell, how will you make this one talk?”
“I’ll shove the blunt end up his ass.”
Kaori burst out laughing, like snorting, hard, as the entire party just looked at him in both shock and horror. The man included.
“What the hells be wrong with you boy?”
Tyler just smiled.
“Breaking a man’s spirit is a world-wide sport in my world. We had any glass, I’d craft a tube of this thickness.”
He picked a pebble three millimeters across, and showed it to the man.
“Once happy with it, I’d insert into the hole of your penis, and have Malico jump. You do the math.”
He did, and shuddered, as did everyone except kaori. The blonde smiled darkly.
“Torture in our world is a sexual pastime as well. As in, people use torture as a sexual experience.”
Tyler looked at the now trembling man.
“Back during my more…..evil run. I freely admit I dabbled.”
“By dabbled, he means he studied torture methods for a period of two weeks. That man has all of our worlds most diabolical methods to hurt another in that head. Most of them DON’T kill the target, but they do scream a lot.”
Tyler was leaning on the spear.
“Only question I have, is what to do to you?”
He smiled as he looked at the man, running all the possible options through his mind. The man gulped.
“Hey, we got any string?”
“We do. What’ ya got in mind?”
“Well, see these rocks? Tie em to a length of string, then force the lot up his ass and RIP it out.”
Another party wide shudder with the exception of kaori. She smiled.
“A classic for a reason.”
“Hey, I wonder. Next time we’re in town, Kaori, look for a cheeses grater. If I use my own field Smithing, I can make small tubes that feel like sandpaper.”
“And up the pee hole they go on the end of strings.”
“Could also make some good old fashioned salt water to throw on cuts.”
“If we find lemons.”
“Both. Okay, we’re wasting daylight.”
Tyler was whistling as he kicked the crippled man onto his stomach. He screamed as Tyler tore open his trousers and placed the blunt end of the spear haft on his cheek.
“Okay! I’ll talk! Just get that thing from me rear!”
Tyler chuckled darkly.
“See? Once I get a hold of them, they talk. Always.”
Tyler then looked the man in the eye.
“Where’s your camp?”
The broken man pulled a map out.
“No chant.”
“How many men?”
“Another fifty.”
“Mages?”
“six. A black, a red, a green, and three yellow.”
“Leader?”
“Molck.”
“He have a bounty?”
“Probably. We don’t really know much about him.”
“Main features?”
“Wields a pike.”
“Captives?”
“None.”
Tyler smiled as he knocked him out and threw him aside. He then looked to his crew.
“Issues and complaints?”
Lucy sighed.
“Just promise to never turn that knife to us.”
“I promise. You want this back?”
She held out her hand and replaced the spear in her pouch. Then Tyler opened the map, as Wulf and Thistle came to look at it. Both elves smiling as they saw it.
“You know that spot?”
“It’s similar in nature to the hollow we stayed at with the cave. Only bigger.”
“Indeed. The cave is also a decent source of red steel.”
“Red steel?”
The blood elf smiled.
“Steel that boosts red pather power when forged into weapons and armour.”
“Nice. We’ll see if we can’t get some. It’s not too far. Okay, camp killers are, Vixen, Wulf, Kaori, Annnd, let’s see.”
He looked at his party,
“Sera.”
The princess jumped, and so did the others. Kaori looked at him.
“You think she’s ready for this?”
Tyler patted the girl’s head.
“I do. She’s proven herself to me three times now. The giant, screwed or not, she was ready to take that shot, the battle, she was eager and brave. Now the bandit raid. She’s got five to her name, and I can see in her eyes she’s fine. Plus She’s got me right beside her.”
Lillia hugged her sister.
“Make Mother proud.”
Sera was smiling widely at having the Warrior’s faith. Then they rode to a point near the camp. There they hitched as the raiders headed off. Lillia watching her younger sister keeping pace with the more experienced Warriors, Ranger, and black mage. Malico patted her back.
“She’s got Tyler and Kaori the watch over her. Plus he believes in her.”


Tyler had Sera close to his side as they Followed the elven ranger through the rocky terrain of trees and grass. They spotted the tall rock formation, and it was easily twice as high as the hollow they’d been ambushed in. The group went flat as they crawled to get a look. The cave entrance was easily ten feet tall, with a perimeter wall around the front made of logs. Atop the rock, stood a pair of two lookouts. Tyler looked to Wulf and nodded to the rock. The ranger nodded, and they fit arrows to their bows. Using Longshot, and Farsight, killed the two lookouts with shots to the chest. Both bodies fell backwards onto the rock, instead of int the camp. Tyler looked to his crew and nodded. The group moved with all the noise of shadows, even Sera was as silent as the Ranger, to the wooden wall. The thing was made of logs taken from the area, and was ten feet tall. Wulf led the party along to a small cleft between the logs and rock that had plenty of room for them to squeeze by. Now within the camp perimeter, Tyler had Sera had his side, and would point out targets for her to snipe. The princess would take the shot, and the man would fall silently to the ground with an arrow in his head. The former pampered girl now not even smiling as she hunted bandits inside their own camp beside warriors. The ghosts moved around the outer wall of the camp, taking out stragglers and loners as they went. They used tents, rocks, and bushes for their stealth. At one point, they came upon a pair of men chatting as they looked into the opposite direction. Tyler smiled as he pulled his daggers and winked at Sera. The black haired girl watched fascinated as Tyler snuck up behind the two men, stabbed them both in the neck, and dragged them both behind the rock they hid behind without a sound. Then they moved. Sera had just killed her tenth when a cry was heard.
“Murder! We got an assassin in camp!”
She looked to Tyler, who smiled as he patted her. She nodded and put up her bow to draw her sword. Tyler pulled Oblivion and Oathkeeper. Wulf his longsword, Kaori her katana, and Vixen readied her spells. Out of the fifty men in camp, only thirty still lived. With only two mages till amongst them as well. Tyler watched from the cover of a convenient rock, as a group of ten men were walking by. The Warrior looked to Sera and smiled, then he and her moved together to attack. Tyler stabbing two with his blades, as Sera took one in his stomach, before spinning and reversing her grip to tear the red sword out of his belly and slash another in the throat. Tyler then blocked an overhead shot aimed at her.
“Always be mindful of where you turn you back.”
She smiled as she killed the man, before pivoting on her left foot to run a man through the belly as Tyler took his head. Then she jumped back and deflected a sword stroke at her side, only to use the momentum from the swing to slam her blade into the taler man’s leg, and sever it. She then followed through to slit the man’s throat as the rest of the camp came running towards the sound of combat. Sera was back to back with Tyler as they got surrounded. Tyler smiling as a tall man with a massive spear was heard laughing.
“A wee lad an his sister? We got toys lads!”
Sera and Tyler smiled, as the two remaining mages revealed themselves with their chants. Only thing was, Vixen sent her new Hateful Burn spell into their faces. The spell cost ten mana, and would coat the target in a mass of black liquid that would eat any flesh it touched to the bone. The mages died screaming. Then Kaori and Wulf slammed into the backs of the ring. Tyler smiled widely as Sera stayed put instead of rushing off as she wanted to. Instead trusting her formidable friends to handle their parts. The pike wielding man stabbed out at Sera, and she sidestepped it, surged forward, and cut the man’s leg before dancing back as he tried to counter. Then his leg buckled, and her fell to a knee, and the princess was right there to use a skill Tyler had given her: One-handed smash. She severed the leader’s head with a single stroke, and that was all she wrote for the bandit camp. Tyler and his friends applauded Sera’s kill. As the princess smiled shyly, and lowered her gaze with a blush.
“Thanks. How’d I do?”
Tyler hugged her tightly.
“well done Sera. Well done. All you need to learn now, is more tricks and skills. She’s not a novice anymore guys!”
Sera looked into Tyler’s eyes, and he saw they were clear, before she bobbed up to kiss him on the cheek.
“Thank you for teaching me how to be strong.”
He hugged the girl.
“I just showed you how to use it. You were already strong.”
Sera sniffed, before looking at the severed head.
“What’s he worth?”
That got a laugh.
“Let’s find out.”
He looked at it,
“Wow. 400 gold. Sera, that’s your gold. I’ll still hold it an all, but you claim it yourself.”
The smile of pride on her face made all their hearts sing. Tyler looked at the pike.
“I’ll carry that for you. Thing’s a bit much.”
They laughed and got to looting. Tyler still keeping Sera close as she was the least experienced member of the team. The work progressed quickly, and they racked in 45 gold, 55 silver, 120 copper. Plus a few banned spells as well. Then they were faced with the cave. Tyler sighed.
“I really want to check it out. Same time, reeks of a nasty surprise.”
Wulf, the more experienced with the area, tilted his head.
“As much as I agree with you, we kinda have to see what those bandits have done in there.”
Tyler sighed.
“Alright. I’ll go first, Sera, directly behind me, Kaori behind her, then Vixen, and Wulf you got trail. Wish we had a dwarf for a cave dive, but whatever. Let’s go.”
Tyler had his dual blades out, Sera her sword, kaori her katana, Vixen her axes, and Wulf his sword. The party ventured into the surprisingly well lit cave. There were torches were few feet, and looked to have just been changed.
“Active mine?”
Wulf nodded.
“Looks like it. Or they were looking for something.”
“This cave have a legend?”
He sighed.
“Remember the Lich?”
“Okay. Sera, if we find something like that down here, we’re swapping you for Thistle. Men and goblins are fine and all, but your still not ready for something that hardcore.”
She nodded.
“I understand.”
Tyler then used his detection skills to their absolute maximum to scour the cave as they went. As they went, Tyler noticed something disturbing.
“Hey, look, the wall’s glittering.”
Wulf looked at the shiny rock.
“That’s pure red steel ore! A single vein is easily worth hundreds of silver!”
“That’s it. Everyone out.”
They all but ran from the cave as if the bandits were ignoring such valuable and easy loot, then they were CLEARLY after something else. They returned to the horses and other party members. They saw the grim looks and were on edge. Tyler looked right at Thistle.
“Those bandits were ignoring pure red steel veins as they dug. We’re swapping you for Sera. All of you, head for the cave entrance. We may have something else down there.”
They all nodded as they followed the Warrior’s orders. Once in the ruined bandit camp, Tyler issued further orders.
“We’re going back in. Rest of you stand watch. Malico, your camp.”
“Got it.”
Tyler, kaori, Vixen, Thistle, and Wulf all dove into the cave with spare torches taken from the camp. Tyler in the lead with his detection as the others watched for ambush.
“We go slow. I hate cave fighting for a reason.”
So, they moved along meticulously, looking twice around every corner before Tyler led the way with his Mythril vest. As they went lower, Tyler got a hit.
“Hold. We got a room up ahead with a hollow feel. Guards up.”
The party walked forward cautiously as they entered the stone room. The thing was smooth stone thirty feet wide and twenty tall. Tyler took one look and groaned.
“That’s a boss room if I’ve ever seen one.”
Kaori nodded.
“Only question is, just WHAT is it?”
Tyler looked to his team.
“We either can find out, or seal the cave permanently.”
They all looked at each other. Kaori looked at the room.
“If WE can’t handle it, NO one can. Plus, we also stand the highest chance of walking in, setting it off, and escaping.”
Vixen was in agreement.
“Indeed. If you, the strongest man alive, can’t best whatever is in there, then there is nothing that can.”
Thistle was smiling.
“It is always wise to air on the side of caution. That side, we’ve come this far. Might as well get it done.”
“What she said.”
Tyler smiled.
“Well, let’s knock! But first.”
Tyler pried a fist sized stone off the wall.
“I have seen this trap FAR too many times.”
He threw it as hard as he could at the floor. It shattered on impact, and echoed throughout the room, and Tyler lifted a large boulder taken from the mining operations, and did the exact same thing. Vixen was curious.
“What’s he testing?”
Kaori chuckled.
“Making sure that floor’s not rigged to fall. Seriously, it’s a classic trope in our world.”
Tyler sighed as his tests proved the floor was stable.
“I’ll lead.”
He had Oblivion and Oathkeeper out as they walked into the room. Tyler noted a carved circle on the floor.
“Shit. Vixen, is that what I think it is?”
The black mage took one look, and gasped.
“That’s a demon summoning circle!”
“Break it! It’s a demon chamber!”
The way they came in slammed shut as a ring of fire appeared around the edges of the room. Then an evil laugh was heard.
“Well, well, what luck! Such willing food!”
A ten foot tall beast with blood red skin, hooves and wings dropped to the floor. Tyler took one look, and grinned.
“A pride demon. I got this pissant.”
Tyler puled Gleipnir as the thing snorted at him.
“You think you can best ME in single combat boy?”
“I just hope you put up an actual fight. I mean, I DID kill your brother, that rage demon yesterday.”
The thing growled angrily at the now circling boy.
“I accept your challenge boy. I win, your party is MINE to play with.”
“What have you got for me? All I see is an empty room. I’ll still kill you, but ya know, stakes.”
The demon snorted.
“Very well. If you best me, you’ll be granted the title of Demon’s Bane upon Slayer.”
“Wulf?”
The ranger chuckled.
“It’s the next level of Demonslayer. And adds plus 50 to all stats. Oh, and it also increases loot gained from killing demonkind.”
“nifty. Alright hell’s shitstain, time to face the TRUE Demon.”
The demon had a single vein bulge on his head as the nonstop taunts got under his skin.
“Your death will be slow human.”
“Funny, your brother said much the same. And look what happened.”
The demon chuckled.
“How’s it feel knowing you’ll never measure up to what your mother wanted for you?”
Tyler burst out laughing.
“How’s it feel being humanity’s bitch?”
That sent the thing into a rage, and it surged forward with a roar.
“DIE PUNY HUMAN!”
“Nah. You will though. Blue demon dragon roar!”
Tyler breathed Tempesta’s flames directly into the thing’s face before surging forward with Gleipnir to sever a leg. The thing bellowed in raged pain as it swung it’s spiked tail at Tyler, who merely set it on fire before severing it fully.
“Wow, you said a slow death, yet YOU’RE the one dying! Come on hellspawn! Maybe you’ll touch me before you die!”
Tyler’s nonstop taunts blinding the fell beast’s judgement and reasoning, resulting in another lunge, as Tyler merely took a two handed grasp of his blade.
“Rock Smasher.”
The sword glowed solid blue as Tyler spun and flipped the blade across the beasts chest as it tried to grab him. The swing severing the thing’s torso completely. Tyler, however, was well-versed in demon slaying, pounced to stab the thing in the heart. The pride demon roared in defiance of death as it burst into blue flames.
“Huh. I guess all you demonkind are nothing but talk. Still, fun bit of exercise. And look, you died without touching me. Saw that one coming.”
Tyler laughed as the thing was consumed by flames. Leaving behind a four foot piece of demon horn this time. The chamber cracked, and shattered, revealing the circle used to summon the thing written in white chalk on the floor. Tyler looked to his friends.
“Everyone good?”
Kaori was smiling.
“Was kinda fun was you taunt a pride demon into a rage filled suicide charge.”
Vixen was also smiling.
“It would seem you understand demonkind surprisingly well, for a pride demon is indeed the brother of the rage demon. And they hate each other, so equating them at all was bound to hit a nerve.”
Thistle was shaking her head.
“That was a Pure Pride Demon. A party of twenty priests is usually required to deal with such a beast, yet you killed it alone, and made it look soul-crushingly easy.”
Wulf just sighed.
“He manipulated a lesser rage demon into a death match. Now’s he taunted a pride demon into blindly charging him like a bull. That is a truly terrifying skillset.”
Tyler smiled, and used his detection to scan the room.
“Heads up, still getting a hollow feeling. Vixen, destroy that circle, please.”
The black mage smiled as she used her acid to burn it away. Once the summoning circle was gone, Tyler walked to the spot he was getting the hollow feeling from. He then pulled his dagger, and started tapping on the walls. He got the light clack of metal on solid stone, until he reached a spot that had a distinct thud.
“found a false wall. Should I look for a handle or just punch it?”
Wulf looked around.
“Look for a switch or something before tearing it off the wall.”
Tyler stepped back as he looked. The Vixen noticed something.
“Hey, look.”
She pointed out a small knothole near where Tyler had been standing. Set with in it was a series of five holes. Tyler sighed.
“Of course that’s the trick.”
Tyler placed his fingers in the hole, and yanked. The result was a heavy clunk of stone on stone, as the wall pushed outward, before falling to the floor with a heavy crash. Inside was another sarcophagus.
“That’s more reasonable.”
They stepped inside, and found the chamber was another twenty feet wide, and twenty high. As they all entered, glowing writing appeared.
“This look familiar to anyone?”
Wulf smiled.
“This one’s a human ruler. I do not know of him, so, either a minor Lich or a draugr.”
“Sounds like fun. I get to try out my undead spell then. Alright, form four square around the coffin. I’ll throw the lid.”
Wulf had his bow up with piercing arrows, Kaori had her katana ready for a heavy slash, Thistle had her axe held low, and Vixen had an acid spell ready. Tyler grasped the lid.
“Ready?”
Nods. He then tore the lid fully off, and jumped back, dodging the initial shot.
“Vixen!”
“High draugr! Smash it’s skull!”
Tyler raised his palm.
“Holy Smite!”
His palm glowed like the sun as a white ball of pure white power smashed into the thing’s head. It glowed as it screamed in pain while still trying to raise from it’s coffin.
“Do it!”
Kaori used her blade skill, Lightning slash, to deliver no less then ten slashes in ten seconds upon the head, as Vixen dropped her acid on it, and Wulf fired his arrows into the eye sockets, before Thistle slammed her axe into the thing’s head as well. The skull shattered like glass under the multi attack. It hadn’t even been able to exit it’s coffin before death reclaimed it. Tyler smiled as he sheathed his blade.
“Well done everyone. Let’s see what we got.”
The companions made a decent sum, 350 gold, 450 silver, 230 copper coins, a new greatsword the same size as Gleipnir made of Magicite, and fifty rubies the size of watermelons. Tyler whistled as they added the gems to their collection.
“I bet we could buy a house with gems alone.”
Tyler resealed the tomb, and they exited the cave. As they went, Tyler pulled a few veins of the ore from the walls as they went. By the time they reached the others, he’d left the cave stripped bare of the red steel ore. They found the others listening to sera tell the tale of her first bandit camp.
“I stepped around Tyler’s back, and stabbed him in belly! Then he cut his head clean off! Then the leader tied to stab me with that long pike, but I step around, and cut his knee out. He fell, only for me to swing my blade and cut his head clean off!”
The others were sitting around Sera as she retold the tale of her glory. They all clapped and hugged her as Tyler and his party returned.
“Nice to see you’re a great story teller, Sera.”
They all jumped to get the story.
“What happened? You were down there for a while.”
Tyler sighed as he pulled the new horn out.”
“Those bastards were summoning demons. There was a Pure Pride Demon down there in a Demon Chamber. I killed it. Plus a high draugr. We got it’s loot, and I stripped the walls of the red steel ore. Let’s go and I’ll smash those two rocks they tied that chain to.”
The group were shocked by the fact that such feared beast had been down there. But they mounted up regardless. Once back at the spot, Tyler removed the spiked chain and added it to their pouch of raw materials before lifting the two rocks up and throwing them into a nearby ditch. Then they thundered onward. Lily riding on Tyler’s horse as he’d had a question.
“Hey, can you work red steel over a camp fire?”
The elven girl thought about it as she laid back into his chest.
“Again, depends if I can get the flames hot enough.”
“Fair. Well, we’ll figure it out. Worst case, I can always use Tempesta’s flame to heat the metal for you.”
She laughed at the thought.
“That could work. How long can you breathe fire for at once?”
He patted her head.
“Ya know? I’m not entirely sure, Lily. I can test it once we make camp.”
She smiled and shot a sidelong glance at Kaori beside her, along with a smirk that said, Look where I am!
“Keep it up, and you ride with Lucy.”
“Eep!”
She squeaked in surprise as he hadn’t even looked at her. Kaori just smiled.
“Wow. I really DO have a serious challenger!”
Lily was grumbling, as Lucy rode her beast in a curious bucking manner, and Lily would have to sit in bucking range. And it’d hurt. A lot. Tyler just patted the fierce girl as they rode along the lonely road onward. The shadows were getting long as they came upon a small building on the side of the road. Tyler looked to Wulf.
“That a traveler’s rest?”
The Ranger looked and smiled.
“Indeed. Sometimes a family will set up along a road with a restaurant or inn. They make their coin off travelers and caravans.”
“Let’s check it out then.”
The party smiled gratefully, as they were getting saddle sore from the hard ride. The group pulled their horses to the posts inside a small shed to keep them out of sight of thieves. Then they walked through the small door, where a man was looking over some papers. He was an elf, but his skin was lighter then the grey of mountain elves. At the sight of his fearsome guests, he gulped.
“I hope you’re just here for food, milords and ladies.”
Tyler smiled.
“Aye, Sirrah. We mean you no harm.”
He sighed with relief before guiding the party to a long table with a view of the road. Once seated and orders placed, Tyler pulled up his HUD. He went to Titles, and sure enough, Demon’s Bane was added to the list above Demonslayer. It added plus 50 to all stats, increased the amount of horn received by 50%, and further increased the damage he did to demonkind. As he closed it, he heard some scared breathing, and as they all looked in it’s direction, they saw the man with a pitcher of tea was bone white in terror. Tyler tilted his head.
“You okay?”
The man gulped again.
“Be ye Warriors?”
Tyler smiled.
“I be, and so be the blonde. Me name’s Tyler the Outcast.”
The man breathed a very heavy breath of relief at the name.
“Oh thank the gods. The TRUE Warrior. My apologies Great One. I saw your HUD and Assumed.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Better safe than sorry.”
The man smiled as he poured them each a cup.
“A wise sentiment indeed, lad.”
Tyler smiled, as he noticed a small girl with a sickly look to her, walking towards the man.
“Excuse me, but is she ill?”
The man looked, and went right to the girl.
“Rosie, you’re not supposed to be out of bed!”
The small elf girl smiled weakly.
“I wanted to see the Warrior Papa. That’s all.”
Tyler smiled as he got up.
“Had I known, I would have gone to your bedside, miss. Here, let me look at you.”
The girl gaped as The Outcast himself sat in front of her to look at her.
“Hmm, runny nose,”
He placed a gentle hand on her forehead.
“Yikes, wow, your burning. Okay, Anyone? I think it’s a fever.”
Malico was the one that spoke.
“It’s a fever alright. Water Fever. A very nasty water-borne illness in Lectis.”
“Well, I got an excuse to try my hand at cures. C’mere sweetie and hold still.”
He placed a hand on her head.
“Holy relief.”
The girl glowed brightly, as his powerful white spell flooded her small body and cured her fever entirely. After she hugged him tightly.
“Thank you Lord! I feel so much better!”
Tyler looked to the smiling man.
“Anyone else sick in here?”
The girl answered.
“Momma is. She hasn’t been able to leave her bed in days.”
Tyler looked to the man.
“May I?”
The man seemed about to cry,
“Thank you, Warrior.”
“Thank me AFTER it works.”
Tyler was led upstairs to the lady’s bedroom. Inside he found the lady fighting to breathe as a damp cloth was draped over her head. She looked at the door, and saw her cured daughter come in followed by Tyler.
“Momma! He’s a Warrior! He’ll cure you!”
Tyler smiled kindly as he looked at the now fearful woman.
“Let’s get you cured, before we talk.”
He placed his hand on her head.
“Holy relief.”
He had seen her condition had been FAR more severe, so this spell had ten times the potency packed into it. The lady glowed like the sun as her disease was cured and her strength restored. The small girl, Rosie, gaped in awe as she got to watch a Warrior work his craft. Once the light died, the lady sat up, and had regained her strength.
“I thank you, Sirrah. Please, take your reward. I only ask Rosie leave the room, and gentleness.”
Tyler tilted his head, confused.
“Umm, I’m flattered, but sorry. Kaori’s downstairs, and I’d rather not die like that.”
Rosie giggled.
“She’s pretty!”
Tyler patted her head as he stood. The lady was shocked.
“Why’d you do this for us then?”
Tyler chuckled as he looked at her.
“Because I could.”
He left her in her bed, only she had a final question.
“May I ask the name of our savior?”
Tyler paused in the doorway.
“Tyler the Outcast.”
She gasped at the name, and he smiled.
“If you clean up and come down, I got my crew downstairs as well.”
HE left the lady to her dressing. In the small dining area, the man was looing anxious.
“Well?”
Tyler smiled.
“She’ll be down shortly.”
The man hugged him, so overcome with joy at his family’s healing.
“Thank you lord!”
“Not done yet.”
The man stepped back, only to get a blast as well. After Tyler sat at the table as the man and his family reunited.
“Okay, Malico. Water Fever. How do you get it?”
The catgirl flicked her tail.
“A contaminated water source.”
“Has ANY of us drank anything since we got here?”
They all shook their heads.
“No one does until I give to clear. I’ll check the well.”
Tyler got up and walked to the family.
“Sir, I must ask to see where you draw your water from.”
The man nodded.
“Me names Eustein. Right this way sir.”
“No one drink anything until I’ve cleared the water. That’s how you all got sick.”
They nodded as Eustein led Tyler to a outdoor well near the road. Tyler looked into it, and could not see bottom.
“Okay, let me think.”
HE thought for a moment, as Eustein got curious.
“May I ask what you’re looking for sir?”
“Anything that can poison a well. Could just be the well’s gone bad. It’s rare, but not impossible. But.”
Tyler looked around at the surrounding plant life.
“If the ground water’s gone bad, then the plants would start dying as well. Okay, I know.”
Tyler pulled the chain he’d gotten from the bandits.
“I’ll see if Lily can whip up a sludge net.”
He led Eustein to where Lily was looking at her dagger.
“Hey, Lily. Question. I need a special kind of net made from this chain. Think you could do in that fireplace there?”
The elf girl looked at the spiked chain link.
“Sure. What kind of net?”
Tyler pulled a piece of parchment paper.
“What I need is a sludge net. Looks like this. It’s used to drag wells for things that got thrown in that shouldn’t BE in a well.”
He drew a simple lattice pattern, with eye lets for hooks. Once Lily saw the design, she smiled.
“give me five minutes.”
“You rock lily.”
As the elf took her task to the fire, he looked at the man.
“That your only water source?”
The elf shook his head.
“we have an indoor one as well, for our baths.”
“I’d like to check that as well.”
“Of course sir.”
Eustein walked Tyler to the well in question, as it sat near the back of the building.
“Sorry for the poking around, but if I help someone I don’t believe in half measures.”
Eustein laughed.
“Lad, the effort you’re going to for a bunch of random elves you just met at a road side rest is nothing short of humbling. We deeply appreciate it if this don’t happen again.”
Tyler smiled as he looked into the well. This one being perfectly clear.
“Hey, Vixen!”
The black mage came in shortly after.
“You need me?”
“Did your training involve illnesses at any point?”
She smiled as she understood.
“Indeed it did, as some black spells cause illness like effects, my mentor would infect me with minor ones so I could build an immunity.”
“Alright. Here, I’d like you to taste this.”
Tyler used a cup from their pouches to draw a test for her, and soon as she tasted it she smiled.
“Pure. I can find no badness in this.”
“You sure?”
She nodded.
“Indeed. Another illness training method, was to train my taste to detect both poison and illness. My mentor told me I was the best she’d seen.”
“We’ll check the outdoor well then.”
He looked to the elf.
“I’d recommend using this one as the main water source in the house.”
Eustein nodded.
“Very well.”
“Ha, nice well pun.”
The older elf chuckled as he saw his play. Tyler and the investigators passed Lily putting the finishing touches to the net that he’d use to drag the well with. Tyler smiled.
“Nice job Lily, bring it to us by the well when it’s ready please.”
“Sure.”
Tyler drew another cup, and as soon as Vixen tasted it, she got a disgusted look on her pretty face.
“Oh gods that is FOUL.”
Tyler took the cup and placed it on the well.
“You know what that taste is?”
She had a slightly green look on her face.
“Indeed. Something is dead inside that thing.”
Tyler looked to the man.
“Anyone else come through here recently?”
Eustein thought for a moment.
“Another group of Warriors rode through this area, maybe, a week prior? They didn’t stop, and we were glad as they were a loud, nasty bunch. One was pissing on her poor horse as the thing carried her along.”
Tyler and Vixen looked at each other.
“Okay, Vixen. We cannot. Okay? CANNOT Tell Kaori that.”
The black mage shuddered.
“With how that girl loves horses, I agree.”
“Net’s ready!”
They looked to see Lily with the net. The thing was three feet wide, was covered in sharp spikes meant to catch and hold, and could be flipped with a hard edge to scoop whatever was at the bottom. Lily had even used the leftover metal to make a mini chain to hold the device. Tyler patted her head.
“Thanks Lily. I’ll keep you on my horse when we leave.”
“Damn right you will.”
Tyler smiled at her ferocity as he dropped the net into the well. As he did, Kaori came over to see what he was doing.
“Did you find anything?”
“Remember that movie we watched together? The Ring?”
She sighed.
“That poor girl made me cry.”
“Yeah, be ready for that.”
Tyler felt resistance in the murky depths of the well.
“Got a bite. Gimme a minute.”
He used the thing to fully scoop up whatever had been down there, and he pulled it up. As soon as it broke the surface, the most putrid, foul odor of decaying flash hit their noses like an angry stone giant’s fist. With the sole exception of Tyler, the entire group got as far as they could as he lifted the carcass out of the well and placed it in the road. Once the light hit it proper, Tyler sighed deeply.
“We have a dead elf. No older then Lily, maybe even younger.”
It was true. The putrid carcass was once a small elven child. But, after two weeks of decay beneath the waters of the well, her face was a grinning skull, her skin was yellow with rot and peeling, and her once pretty red dress was stained black with filth. Tyler just sighed as he pulled his blade to examine the corpse.
"Okay, cause of death is……a fucking stab wound to the chest. Size of the wound indicates a blade like Oblivion.”
Tyler looked to the elven man.
“Get a grave dug for this poor girl. Those Warriors raped her until they tired of her, killed her and tossed her in that well.”
The man nodded and ran to get a proper burial ready for the ill-fated girl.
“Got something else here.”
He looked to see Vixen had dropped the net back in. Now nestled in the net was a small necklace with a locket. The mage brought it over and he looked at it. It had once been a rather shiny silver, now it was green from the rot of the well and the corpse. The locket was of a simple design, with a pair of bird wings around the center. HE opened it to find a picture of what the girl had once looked like. She’d had shiny red hair, bright blue eyes, and beautifully pale skin. On the inside, it said.
“Sylvia Leechwood. Daughter of Marlene and Warlund Leechwood. Cragspire center avenue. Number three.”
Tyler closed the thing and held it in his fist as he looked at the girl.
“Sylvia. I’m sorry this happened to you. I will hand deliver this to your family if they still yet live. If they do not, then WE will carry it with us on our travels, that you may know what riding with TRUE Warriors is like. For now though, rest easy. You’ve earned that much.”
Tyler used his own canteen to clean the necklace as best he could, getting a good 90% of the grime and discoloration out. Then Eustein came over.
“Her rest is ready.”
Tyler lifted the festering corpse bare handed.
“I’ll lay her to rest myself. That way she feels the warmth of a True Warrior laying her to her rest.”
His friends watched as he laid the unfortunate soul in the hole in the family plot. Once she’d been settled, he filled it in himself, before passing the locket around.
“Wulf. Thistle. Do you know this family?”
They both took one look, and had tears in their eyes.
“No. Not Sylvia.”
“Those Monsters! I’ll gut them myself!”
Tyler sighed as he took is back.
“Who was she?””
Wulf was praying now over the grave as Thistle spoke.
“Sylvia was as sweet and kind a girl you could ever hope to meet. She’d run along the road and greet the Guard as they came back from a patrol, or be seen playing near the palace. Her smile was always such a joy to behold, and her eyes were gorgeous. She was such a happy girl, and all of Cragspire loved her dearly.”
Wulf rose from the grave to add his own.
“I know her parents well. Warlund and I were rangers together in the guard before I became Ambassador. He is strong and kind. His wife, Marlene, as fierce as Lily, but as sweet as Sera with all the beautiful of Kaori. I knew Sylvia well. I was there when she was born, and was named her second father. In case Warlund and Marlene died, she’d be with me.”
He looked at the grave, and tears were in his red eyes.
“That girl was like a daughter to me. So kind, always smiling, and with a ready hug.”
HE dropped to mourn her loss, as Tyler placed the locket over his head, and force the rage mounting inside him down. He patted the ranger’s back, and nodded to his friends. They left the man to be alone for a while as they went back inside. Tyler then looked to Eustein.
“Tell me everything you remember about what they looked like.”
The man sniffed.
“Two over-weight women, a thin dark skinned man, and a taller lighter skinned man with green eyes. The darker skinned man was pulling the single largest woman I had ever seen in a small wagon as they headed down the road to TopLeaf.”
Tyler grabbed the wall, as the roiling rage within him threatened to explode.
“That was my family. Mother. step-father. Sister. The other man was Kaori’s father.”
The place was silent, except for the crackling of the fire.
“I will kill them for this.”
They looked to see Wulf had returned. The mountain elf’s red eyes were blazing with rage now. Tyler walked over as he cut his hand.
“No, Wulf.”
HE held out his bleeding hand.
“WE will kill them TOGETHER.”
Wulf cut his own hand and they sealed the oath.
“I will drag them to hell.”
“They will fear my wrath.”
“But, first we need to get this to Marlene and Warlund.”
Wulf saw the locket, and sighed deeply.
“I bought her that myself.”
Tyler placed it under his Mythril.
“I’ll bear it. Only right she feels the warmth of a true Warrior.”
Wulf shuddered.
“I was looking forward to having you meet her. Seeing a Warrior like you, it would have made her go absolutely insane. To her, Warriors were the embodiment of what a hero is supposed to be.”
“We met, Wulf. Not the way I would have liked, but at least we did.”
He sighed as his fists clenched.
“That you did. Thank you for laying her to her rest like that. I’m sure her spirit is smiling now.”
“I’m certain she is. Her second father AND a Warrior were there to see her off.”
Tyler patted his friends shoulder again.
“Let’s try to have fun while we have her locket. Maybe her soul will see it, and have fun with us.”
Wulf smiled at this.
“Aye. Let’s. Now, as much as I appreciate the gesture of laying her to rest with your own two hands, ya might wanna clean up.”
“Eh, fair.”
That got a chuckle as he flipped the man a silver to clean up. He had a tear fall from his eye as he felt the weight of the girl’s locket on his chest.
“I’m sorry.”
HE knew what that poor girl had suffered at the hands of his evil family. HE finished his bath, and dressed. As he left, he felt something poke him in the leg. He looked, but no one there. He smiled.
“If you wish to follow our travels, please, do so. You deserve a proper adventure.”
HE heard a giggle, before leaving the bathroom. He found his crew sitting around the table eating their food as he sat beside Kaori. The blonde hugged him.
“You okay?”
HE sighed as he dug in.
“No, Kaori. No I am not.”
Wulf sighed as well.
“Neither am I.”
Tyler just looked at the now sealed well, as Eustein had decided to never use the water from it again.
“I’m getting tired of these tragedies we keep finding. All at the hands of those from our world.”
He rubbed his temples.
“At this point, when we gather, Let’s just fucking kill them ALL. Kazuma lives, but the rest die. Seriously, this is just not right.”
His friends sighed as Kaori patted his back.
“If you kill them all, would you really be better than them?”
“Doesn’t matter if I’m better or not. If they’re dead, then the girls like Sylvia get to LIVE. That’s more important in my book then being the better person.”
He ate in silence as his friends saw his reasoning. After, he sat back, and noticed something on his HUD.
“Hello, what the hell are you?”
HE hit it, and a new title had appeared.
“New title? Lets see. Holy Muse? Umm, okay.”
Wulf dropped his fork from nerveless fingers.
“You know this one?”
HE nodded, a little pale.
“A Holy Muse can communicate with a soul. If the bond or connection is strong enough, you can sense the dead, and even grant solace and forgiveness to the fallen.”
Tyler blinked.
“How the hell I get that?”
Wulf was shaking.
“The only way to get Holy Muse bestowed upon you, is to be of the White Path, and offer solace to two fallen souls that fell before their time. You ALSO need to FEEL their pain as if it was your own. For to give solace, you have to receive it first. As, a soul of the two HAS to absolve you of something.”
Tyler and Kaori looked at each other.
“Sallie.”
“Sylvia.”
“Agreed?”
“Agreed.”
They both looked at the couple, and Tyler looked to Wulf.
“When we pass through TopLeaf on our way to Yalik, we’ll pay a visit to the Guide’s Rock.”
Wulf gasped as he understood then. Then he nodded.
“I understand. And thank you.”
Tyler looked at his new title. It boosted his white path, and granted the ability of Soul Speech. If he had a possession of a fallen soul on his person, and went to sleep with it in his hand, he could speak to the dead in his dreams that night. HE pressed a hand on the concealed locket.
“As you wish.”
They looked at him, but decided to just leave it. After their meal, Tyler left 5 gold coins on the counter. The elf just sighed as he took it.
“That poor girl will rest easy.”
Tyler smiled.
“Indeed she will.”
The silent party all mounted up, and as each one passed the grave and well, they all offered an easy rest to one that had suffered a fate she did NOT deserve. The party rode off as the sky went from bright blue, to dark as the day wound down. They rode for a few more hours before Wulf led them to a rock enclosed site out of sight of the road. The place had a large stone ring, with one that was taller and reminded Tyler of a tombstone. Heh, fitting. He cast Protective warning, Tranquil Waters, and Holy Purge as the camp was set up. The area was a hilly place with rocky peaks everywhere doted by bits of forest. Their spot was near a small stream with a patch of woodland. Once the spells were in place, tent raised and fire going, Tyler sat against a rock. Lucy was sharpening her axe, Lily her sword, Wulf also resting by a rock, Vixen on her back by the fire, Sera going over her arrows, Lillia cleaning her sword, Thistle doing some sit ups while hanging from a rock, Malico was naked by the fire, and Kaori was looking over the horses. Tyler sighed and pulled up his HUD, looking to the day’s news.
“Today in Vernillion. The daily word of horrors perpetrated by the Warriors continue to come in. A group are responsible for a scene of wanton destruction near the dwarven border, as a small town was laid to waste by Warriors drunk on beer, in the south, word as reached us of a trio of warriors sacking a small fishing village, with every woman that called that village home raped to the point of death. We also have heard of a group that set a small woodland forest aflame as a means of entertainment. Another airship was shot down and sacked by Warriors, and, if reports are to be believed, a group of Warriors are responsible for the poaching of a Skyshark.”
“Oh fuck.”
Every head turned to look at his outburst of shock.
“Those dumb motherfuckers poached a Skyshark. We’re FUCKED.”
Everyone went absolutely pale at the news. Tyler pulled his Title of Dragon friend up.
“Okay, my title is still here. I think this SHOULD, okay? SHOULD, keep us safe if the dragons take action. If not, well, been fun runnin widcha.”
Wulf sighed.
“Tempesta gave you that title himself. As the dragons go, HIS vote of confidence is nothing sort of a decree from the Gods themselves to us. If he’s your friend, then all high dragons will be at LEAST willing to hear you out before killing us all.”
Tyler sighed with relief.
“Okay. If they’ll at least let me SPEAK to them before getting roasted, we have a chance. Jesus Christ on a stick. Even idiots know not to fuck with a high dragon.”
There was a rumble of agreement as Tyler kept reading.
“it seems that not even the Sky Lords are exempt from their arrogance. As such, this writer sincerely hopes the only living Dragon Friend, Tyler the Outcast, can reason with the Lords of the Skies on behalf of those that just want to live in peace, and don’t even know sky sharks existed until this very article.”
Tyler burst out laughing, like a hard, unpleasant laugh too. He then looked to Wulf.
“They expect me to reason with the dragons on behalf of humanity. As I guess I’m the only living Dragon Friend.”
Wulf and the camp also burst out laughing at the sheer impossibility of such a task. Then the Elven ranger looked at him.
“Yup. We’re fucked.”
“Yup. I-shh, hear that?”
The camp went silent, as dull thuds were heard in the distance. Tyler heard them clearly, and groaned hard.
“I’d NEVER forget that sound. Heads up, dragon headed our way.”
The camp froze, then just sighed as despair set in. Tyler rose and looked in the direction of the wing beats. Sure enough, a massive green dragon was headed their way. Tyler just sighed.
“If she’s hostile, I’ll challenge her to one on one, rest of you, run. Not up for debate.”
Kaori hugged him.
“I won’t leave you!”
“Neither will we!”
Tyler looked around at his friends. There was NOT A SINGLE LOOK OF FEAR. He smiled.
“We began as Outcasts. We go out as Outcasts.”
“The Outcasts!”
Tyler reached into his pouch, and walked to a spot between the camp and the now circling dragon. He set ALL of their emeralds on the ground and stepped back as the high dragon landed. Tyler took his spot between the creature and his friends as he looked up at the Lord of Green. This dragon was the same size as Tempesta, with eyes the color of a deep forest canopy with a pupil of gold. It’s scales were also of a deep green, ass it the thing was made of jade and emeralds. Tyler waited patiently as the thing folded it’s wings over it’s broad back, only to find himself peering into the beast 5 foot eye.
“So.”
This dragon’s voice was more famine then Tempesta’s voice, and whereas his had reminded Tyler of falling boulders, Her’s reminded him of a wind gust through a forest canopy.
“YOU’RE Tempesta’s newest Dragon Friend.”
Tyler looked into her eye levelly.
“He granted me the title, if what that’s what you mean. Not entirely certain a human can be friends with a dragon.”
She blinked at him.
“For Dragons, the title is us what a lifelong friend is to you humans. I believe the term, is best friend.”
“Huh, like I told Tempesta, I’ve peaked.”
She snorted at that one, and it sounded like a gunshot.
“I see you have a fire indeed. Now, the stones.”
“A peace offering. We do not wish to die this night.”
“I see. Yet your fellow humans saw fit to steal from us.”
Tyler glared at her with his full force.
“Then take it out of THEIR hides. Leave US alone. We’ve done nothing to your kind, and hate them just as much as you do. We are NOTHING alike.”
He was still feeling the rage of finding that poor girl, and was once again on the verge of exploding from the sheer force. The dragon shuddered hard at the sheer fury in the boy’s eyes. She then looked at him with a look akin to pity.
“I sense a great turmoil in your heart, young one.”
“You see that elven girl with the red equipment?”
“I do.”
“We found the remains of a younger elf thrown down a well after being repeatedly raped and tortured by Warriors before they killed her and threw her down there. This is what she looked like before.”
HE showed the locket picture to the dragon before continuing.
“Going off the elf that own that well’s description of the party, they were my mother, sister and step father with the father of the blonde. Now look here.”
He lifted his Mythril to show his scars to the dragon.
“I know EXACTLY what they did to her. And it is tearing my heart to pieces.”
HE stopped as he was shaking so violently with a rage that was on the verge of escaping his body. Then he glared at her anew.
“WE ARE NOTHING ALIKE.”
This time, the dragon took a full step back from this enraged boy’s fury. She settled into her new spot to look at him again. Behind him, Wulf was also shaking.
“He just scared a high dragon into backing away. With a mere glare.”
The dragon sighed.
“I see the rage in you boy. It makes even MY blood run like ice in my veins. You seem to embody Tempesta. Restless, free, but with a fury that, once unleashed, is peerless in both intensity and ferocity. It would seem then, that you are indeed worthy of the title Dragon Friend. But, I must warn you. That rage will destroy you if you do not find a way to channel it OUT of your body.”
Tyler looked at her.
“Are you saying…create my own skill?”
“No. What I am offering you, is a means to channel the pain you feel for that poor girl into something to prevent the next girl from suffering like you did.”
Tyler fixed her with a very intense look.
“What is this offer?”
“MY Dragon Friendship. With it, you’ll gain the Roar Of the Forest ability. It is fueled by feelings. The stronger they are, the more powerful it will be. It uses those feelings as fuel, and consumes them as well. So, once the attack ends, they will no longer weigh you down.”
“Downsides to such power? Like my own ability leaves me exhausted for five minutes.”
She chuckled.
“A wise question. You will suffer a similar helplessness. Once the fuel is consumed, you’ll feel as weak as you would if you just recovered from a long sickness.”
“It won’t go off say if someone royally pisses me off on it’s own…will it?”
She reared back, as if the question caught her by surprise.
“You are a very interesting lad indeed. No. No it won’t. It is an ability that must be activated.”
“Well then. I accept gratefully. Oh, and in case you forgot, your stones are by your foot.”
She laughed as she added them to her pouch.
“An HONEST human? THAT’s a rarity! Open you HUD lad.”
He did, and she flicked a drop of her fire onto it. He had the new Dragon Friend title, the Roar of the Forest, and her own Dragon Roar as well. He smiled as he saw the new color.
“Seems only right I show my new flame to the dragon that gave it to me.”
She snorted.
“You’re a scary one alright. Alright lad, let’s see you breathe fire.”
Tyler took aim at the sky.
“FOREST DRAGON ROARRRRRRRR!”
The flames were jade green and shot a hundred feet into the air. The area was lit up for miles as he showed off his own Dragon flame. Then the dragon was laughing.
“Damn kid. Are you SURE there’s not a dragon in your family tree somewhere? That was intense.”
He smiled widely.
“Oh, and before I forget.”
She looked at him.
“What lad?”
“Your names Furiosa right?”
“Indeed lad.”
“Soo, you’re the one that gave the okay for us to use the Nidhogg in that battle?”
“Indeed.”
“Thanks for that. Nice to see Tempesta’s lady friend hates demons much as he does.”
His friends went bone white as he cracked a joke to the dragon. Furiosa, for her part, was shaking with some unknown emotion. Tyler tilted his head.
“You okay?”
She just burst out laughing, hard. Like falling to the ground hard. The ground shook as her bulk hit the ground as she lost it. Tyler looked to his friends, and jabbed a thumb at the now struggling to breathe dragon.
“See? I am funny.”
His friends just groaned hard, as Furiosa recovered herself. She had barrel sized tears falling from her eyes as she righted herself to look at him again.
“Okay kid. You’re a different one. Been a while since anything’s made me laugh like that.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Hey, if this Warrior thing don’t work out, least I have a promising career as a dragon’s comedian.”
She burst out laughing again, as his friends just sighed.
“Now he’s doing a comedy routine for her.”
Wulf just sat on a rock.
“The Lady of the Elven Forest, Furiosa, nearly laughed herself to death from that prick’s jokes. If I died tomorrow, I can look my father in the eye, and say I saw everything.”
The dragon recovered herself as Tyler had a thought.
“Oh yeah. Question.”
She looked at him again.
“What lad?”
“Why DID you even come out to see us?”
She snorted.
“I came to see if YOU took the sky shark from Tempesta’s skies.”
“No. No we did not.”
HE looked her in the eye as he said this. She nodded approvingly.
“I see no lie in your gaze.”
“I STILL wanna get on one of those floating islands and take a piss off the edge.”
That got a snort from both the Dragon and Kaori.
“How long you been sittin on THAT one?”
“Since I saw them out the window of the Tower.”
Kaori sighed and hung her head.
“Of course THAT was the very first idea you had upon setting foot in Lectis.”
“Actually, Kaori, my FIRST idea upon stepping out of that circle, was to NEVER let you out of my sight.”
She was wreathed in smiles then, as the dragon chuckled.
“I see. A Warrior’s Romance.”
She then fixed Tyler with her eye.
“I shall spread word among my kin that YOUR party had NO part in the poaching of our food.”
“I’ll also stake my titles that the Warrior named Kazuma played no part in it either.”
“I am already aware of this. A fellow dragon encountered this boy on the road near Dragul. The fact you think highly enough of him to place such valuable titles on his honor speaks a lot about both him and you.”
“We may be polar opposites. But, we were friends in our world and he’s Kaori’s brother.”
She blinked at him.
“I see. Very well. You are proven innocent of the poaching.”
“A request.”
“Speak.”
Tyler looked firmly into the dragon’s eyes.
“Should the culprits identify themselves as Max, Zack, Justin, Moran, Jackson, Jeanie, or Felicia, I’d like to request a stay of execution.”
Furiosa glared at him.
“On the grounds?”
He glared right back at her, with TWICE the rage.
“THEY WILL DIE BY MY HANDS FOR WHAT THEY DID TO MY FRIENDS!”
HE roared at the thing as he gave voice to the sheer rage within him. Furiosa was then witnessed to jump backward into a defensive posture: wings half raised, tail at the ready, and a clawed foot raised as her fangs were bared. The ground was shaking a little from the jump. Wulf was now white faced again.
“With but a single yell and a glare, he put Furiosa on the defensive. I cannot believe what I just saw. A high dragon. Scared!”
Tyler was panting as he calmed down from his rage moment, and was holding his head as he now had a throbbing headache. Furiosa retook her spot, and looked at him with pity in her eyes.
“That fury is driven by the pain you felt for those that suffered.”
Tyler was rubbing his aching head.
“I feel the rage I do, because I know their pain, for having felt it myself.”
Furiosa laid on her side, and wrapped her tail around her legs.
“Go rest, Warrior. Use that ability to see her. In honor of the pain you feel for their suffering, which is all too rare these days, I shall grant my protection this night.”
Tyler smiled.
“We are not worthy of such a gift, but we thank you nonetheless. I’d offer more stones, but we’re out of green. We got a few sapphires left though.”
She snorted.
“I’m a dragon, lad.”
“Diamonds it is then.”
He put ALL their diamonds on the ground, and she added them to her pouch.
“Not needed, but appreciated.”
Tyler smiled as they ate a dinner of leftover venison, making sure to give a healthy portion to Furiosa just because, ya know, dragon. After, Tyler and his friends climbed into the tent, and he laid on his back clutching the locket in a fist.
“Holy Muse.”
He closed his eyes, and felt himself drift off to slumber, desperate to meet the tortured girl himself. At first, he felt nothing. No new sensations, and no visions. Confused, he opened his eyes to check his HUD description, only to see his sleeping friends all around him. He sat up using his stealth skills, only to see his body still on the ground behind him clutching that locket in his fist. That’s when it clicked.
“Spirit walk. Still weird.”
He got up and walked through the tent flap to see two small girls sitting by a warmly blazing fire. One had forest green hair, blue eyes and an ankle length gown of purest white. The other had blazing red hair, bright blue eyes and skin nearly as pale as Vixen’s. As he looked around, he saw the world seemed much….clear for some reason. As if he was seeing it at it’s most pure form. He braced himself to go sit by the fire next to the two girls. They looked at him as he sat down. HE smiled.
“Hi. I’m Tyler. Nice to meet you.”
The girls smiled with such joy as they clambered over each other to get closer to him.
“I’m Sallie!”
“Sylvia! Gods it’s an honor sir!”
Tyler sat them both on his knees, smiling affectionately at the two beaming girls.
“Nice to put names to the pretty faces. Sallie, Sylvia.”
They blushed hard and hugged him.
“I always wanted to meet a Warrior!”
Sylvia was also giddy.
“So have I! They’re so brave and Strong!”
Tyler hugged the small girls tightly, finding them to be very warm.
“Wow, you two give great hugs.”
They giggled. Then Sylvia had an idea.
“Hey! What’s the strongest thing you’ve killed?”
Tyler tilted his head.
“Good question. I killed a Pure Pride demon yesterday.”
Sallie gasped.
“I SAW that fight! It was awesome!”
Sylvia looked at her.
“How’d he win?”
Sallie laughed.
“He taunted the thing so bad it was charging him like a bull! He cut the thing to pieces! And breathed fire like a dragon!"
Sylvia’s blue eyes went wide,
“Was it a green flame like earlier?”
Sallie hugged her friend.
“Nope! Blue! He’s got TWO dragon flames now!”
Tyler sighed.
“So, you’ve been following me this whole time, eh Sallie?”
She giggled.
“Uh-huh! Have been since you first heard what happened. You were feeling my pain like YOU were suffering INSTEAD of me, and it made me so happy I found a True Warrior! I’d been stuck to the Coward as a punishment for her failure to protect us like you would have, and yet, when the sheer pain you felt FOR me hit the bonds, they attached themselves to you instead.”
Tyler patted her green hair.
“So, are you joining us for our adventure?”
She giggled.
“Yup!”
“You ARE aware of my rules, right?”
Sallie’s blue eyes were sparkling.
“Yup! And I agree!”
He hugged her.
“Welcome to the party then.”
HE then looked to Sylvia.
“Would YOU like to join MY party?”
Her eyes went so wide Tyler was afraid they’d fall out of her head, and her mouth formed a wide O as all the breath in her tiny body whooshed out of her in a gasp. Tyler smiled as he poked her nose with a finger.
“Boop.”
It restarted her broken mind.
“I’d be honored sir!”
“My names Tyler. I work for a living. Kinda sorta.”
They giggled.
“I agree to the rules.”
“Cute spirits or not, rules are rules.”
They hugged him tightly again. Then he sighed.
“Sallie, I’m sorry I gave you such a false hope like that. I’m sorry you suffered like you did.”
HE hugged her tightly to his chest as he felt tears on his face.
“I’m sorry.”
She hugged him back.
“It’s okay. I forgive you. I forgave you by the rock after you killed them all. You even punished the one that is TRULY to blame here.”
He hugged her all the tighter.
“I still regret not being there.”
She smiled.
“You really are stubborn. If you’d been there, then the town would NOT be. But, look at like this, you’re hugging me now, aren’t you?”
HE smiled as he looked at her.
“IS this like a one time deal or?”
She shook her head.
“It’s YOUR ability keeping us near you. Holy Muse has ANOTHER function as well. You can use it to seek the solace of the fallen in their own world. You truly caring about us allows us to stay with you on your adventure. The Muse can come here nightly, and either seek advice from us, or just play with us as well. As long as we hold a place in your heart, even IF you give the locket to her parents, she’ll still be here.”
Tyler wrapped Sylvia in his other arm.
“We’ll get to play together a lot. AND I’ll get to brag.”
The two girls giggled. The Sylvia looked at him.
“Tell Wolfy The grave was nice and all, but traveling with you is MUCH more fun.”
Tyler smiled, as he had a thought.
“hey, it’s not possible to, oh say, wake him to join us out here, is it?”
They laughed.
“He really IS a mad genius.”
“Why I like him so much.”
They looked at him.
“if you wish for others to join us, they need to care about either US or YOU to the extreme that you did for us.”
“It won’t hurt them will it?”
“They’ll be granted their Path’s version of this ability as well.”
Tyler then looked to Sylvia.
“Before I do so. Sylvia, I’m am sorry you met the WRONG members of my family. But, you got me now.”
She hugged him again.
“And you’re easily the best one.”
Tyler smiled,
“Be right back.”
He walked into the tent, and shook Wulf awake. The Ranger blinked as he saw Tyler looking at him.
“We under attack?”
“Someone wants a word with you.”
Confused, the elf left his spot and walked out of the tent,
“Papa Wolf!”
HE froze as Sylvia came running at him to hug him. Wulf went white as he looked at Tyler.
“What did you DO?”
“That skill? Holy Muse? Long as you care about me like I did her, things transferable. Oh, and she’s our newest party member. Same with this cutie.”
Tyler scooped up the small Sallie into his arms as Wulf got to see his god-daughter again. Wulf was crying as he looked at Tyler.
“Thank you.”
“Sure thing Wulf. Oh, and long as you still give a damn, this is a nightly thing.”
Sylvia giggled.
“Papa! I’m an adventurer now!”
Tyler looked at Sallie.
“Mind if I invite one more to our circus?”
She smiled.
“She IS going to be my mother! Well, once you two get there o course!”
“Wait here.”
HE walked into the tent, and shook Kaori awake. As she was laying on his chest, feeling the shaking coming from behind her made her round on him, only to see him smiling at her.
“Welcome to a spirit walk. Our girl wants a word with her future mother.”
Kaori gasped as he took her hand and led her outside. There, Wulf was playing with Sylvia, and Sallie was waiting by the tent flap.
“Momma!”
She jumped as Sallie leapt into her arms and snuggled into her chest. She looked at Tyler.
“I’m not pregnant, am I?”
Sallie giggled.
“Not yet. Remember his new skill?”
Kaori gasped as she looked at Tyler, who shrugged as he smiled.
“my feeling her pain like it was my own attached her soul to me. So, now I gave the power to see her to you. Long as you care about her, you can see her nightly.”
“And you’ll feel well rested no matter WHAT we do in here!”
Tyler came and held Kaori in his arms as she cradled the smaller girl against her rack.
“We have a family, Kaori.”
She shuddered, and hugged the small girl tightly.
“And our daughter is beautiful.”
Sallie giggled.
“Just like her mother!”
Tyler rubbed her hair.
“Question. You gonna look like that when you come out?”
Sallie giggled.
“Maybe. Maybe not. Can’t tell you EVERYTHING.”
“Long as you grow up looking kaori, you’ll be just fine. Last thing you’d want is to look like my ugly ass.”
She laughed as Kaori sighed.
“An infuriating prick even in the spirit world.”
“But that’s why we love him!”
Tyler smiled as he gestured to the fire.
“Wanna tell stories of our travels to our girl?”
Sallie squealed.
“Please! Please please please!”
Kaori laughed and they all took a spot by the fire as Wulf was hugging Sylvia again. Tyler had Sallie in his lap.
“Hmm, let’s see. What’s a good one?”
kaori leaned her head on his shoulder.
“Tell her about the Tower.”

Tyler, Wulf, and Kaori spent that night playing with the spirits of the two fallen girls. As the light of dawn appeared, Tyler sighed.
“Sorry, Sallie, we got to get back to it.”
She smiled as Kaori and him hugged her.
“We’ll see each other soon.”
“Damn straight we will.”
As they released her, a low rumble was felt in the ground. They looked to see the green dragon Furiosa rising from the ground. Tyler smiled.
“Thanks for watching over us this night, Furiosa.”
The dragon looked at him.
“In all my years, human, I have never met one such as you. You wield abilities normal humans cannot even fathom like you were merely breathing. You walk amongst the spirits themselves like you are one, you made ME fear for my life, and you have forged such strong bonds that you were able to grant he Muse ability to TWO other people. ALL of the Dragonkin are watching you now. Let us see what you do with it.”
She flew off as Tyler looked to Wulf still hugging Sylvia.
“Sorry, Wulf. We need to return to our bodies.”
The ranger sighed as he looked into Sylvia’s eyes.
“We’ll see each other again, soon.”
The elven spirit girl smiled.
“I’ll be waiting.”
Tyler smiled then looked to Sallie.
“Soo, how we turn this off?”
Wulf and kaori groaned as Sallie and Sylvia laughed.
“Go lay in your bodies. That’ll do it.”
“Nifty. Good day ladies. Enjoy the show.”
Tyler and his friends waved to the small spirits as they returned to their lives. As the flap closed, Sallie hugged her spirit friend.
“We’ll get to travel with WARRIORS! Real Warriors!”
Sylvia squealed happily as she hugged her back.
“It’s amazing! I can’t believe that man is those evil people’s Son!”
The two girls walked into the tent and laid on the boy that had allowed them to travel with the Warriors they had always longed to.
“Sallie.”
The small girl looked at her elven friend.
“Yeah?”
Sylvia took her hand as Tyler opened his eyes.
“Let’s be sisters in our next lives, as well as now.”
“Of course. If I recall right, we WILL be.”
The two girls smiled as they closed their eyes and slept as the Warriors woke.
DAYS UNTIL WAVE: 58


Tyler opened his eyes to see the top of the tent. He felt the weight of two extra heads on his chest, and he smiled.
“Sleep well, Sallie, Sylvia.”
HE heard a very faint hmm-hmm. He sighed as he looked to see Kaori looking at him with a smile of her own.
“Good morning, my lover.”
She shuddered.
“Good morning, my Lover. And good night, girls. Sleep well, Sallie, Sylvia.”
The two rose and left the tent to find Wulf going about his daily rite. Tyler placed a hand on the locket, and smiled as he felt the roiling rage inside him go dormant, and he new all he’d have to do is throw a decent match and ka-boom. Tyler relit the fire as kaori laid out food. As he did, Wulf, now having finished his daily rite looked to his HUD. He then smiled widely before walking over to show Tyler his new ability: Stone Muse. It granted him the same ability Tyler had.
“Thank you. I get to see her again.”
Tyler placed a hand on the elf’s shoulder.
“We’re like brothers Wulf. You don’t owe anything.”
He patted his back.
“Now, we got work to do.”
The ranger smiled widely as he helped out with the morning chores. Once breakfast was ready, Tyler walked over to where Furiosa had laid. The dip in the ground was easily ten feet deep, and 200 feet long. He walked to where her claws had pushed into the ground to take off, and saw they had cut into the ground, rather than push into it. HE shook his head as he looked around the dip, feeling it was quite warm underfoot. He then spotted a glittering thing in the dip itself. He walked over, only to find a two foot scale had come off her body in the night. His eyes lit up at the item. A real dragon scale! He looked around, and found five more scales of varying size. After, he walked into camp and placed them on the ground. Wulf took one look and gasped in shock.
“Where’d you get those?”
Tyler gestured to the dip.
“I guess they fell off her body last night.”
Wulf laughed an unpleasant laugh.
“Dragon scales do NOT fall off like that. They need to be removed by her or knocked off.”
“Maybe they came loose when she fell down laughing?”
Wulf chuckled.
“No. That’s NOT anywhere NEAR enough force to knock THOSE scales loose. Those are under her throat, that one her side, that’s a back scale, and THAT’S from her wing. She’s gifted you her scales, Tyler. Use them wisely.”
“Yeah, no pressure there.”
Tyler looked at the precious pile.
“Next smith I show these to is going to freakin LOSE it.”
Lily came walking out that instant yawning.
“Morning everyone-what the hell?”
She saw the pile of glittering scales, and just looked at Tyler.
“What the hell did you DO?”
Tyler snorted.
“I checked the spot she slept at. These were laying in it.”
Lily walked over and tapped a knuckle on a scale, resulting in a sound like she’d tapped steel.
“Yeesh. The Forest Queen has seen fit to gift her scales to you. What will you do with them?”
“For now? Nothing. No clue where to begin with high dragon scales. So, shelved until I get a clue.”
Lily smiled as she hugged him.
“Like that’ll ever happen.”
Tyler patted the fierce girl as Malico and Vixen came out next. The black mage smiled at Tyler.
“I sense the spirit world was kind to you.”
Tyler smiled as he touched the locket beneath his Mythril.
“More, a pair of dear, dear friends were waiting for me.”
The pale beauty smiled as she sat beside the fire.
“I see. I hope you got the solace you were looking for.”
“I did indeed. The rage has gone dormant. Alls I need to do now is throw a well lit match and boom.”
That got a laugh from all as he set out the map. He smiled as he sensed the presence of two unseen girls as they looked at the map beside him. HE then noticed they weren’t more an a days ride from the capital. He tilted his head.
“Hey, Wulf, we’re nearly to the elven capital.”
The ranger sat across from him.
“Indeed we are.”
“The hell can we expect?”
HE snorted.
“Knowing my sister, a full parade of honors, blaring trumpets, a Hero’s welcome basically.”
“Middle of the parade or not, we see Sylvia’s parents, we stop, and give them the locket. Do you agree?”
Wulf nodded.
“I do. And thank you.”
Tyler smiled as he looked to the map.
“So, we can ALSO expect another attempt from the agents of the church to try for our bounties.”
Wulf tilted his head.
“In my SISTER’S city? Doubtful.”
“There are a lot of holes in a city for rats to hide in Wulf. Even more for snakes as well. NEVER let your guard down. For as soon as you do, that’s when the dagger gets you.”
Wulf sighed.
“I understand when you put it like that.”
“Only time we can TRULY relax is when my spells are up.”
HE smiled fondly.
“By We, you mean US, while YOU stand guard.”
“Sure.”
Tyler was smiling as Thistle, Sera, Lillia and Lucy came out. He smiled as he pulled up his HUD to see the morning news of the guild.
“This Morning in Vernillion. We have received a verified report of the Elven Dragon Queen, was seen meeting with a group of Warriors near the Capital of Cragspire early last night. As the Forest Dragon is a most intimidating force of nature to behold, the passing airship hovered in the area by need of sheer curiosity. The following words are as true as the fact that the sun rises in the morning and sets in the night. The Warrior party met by Furiosa, was none other then the Outcasts party. The Leader of the party, Tyler the Outcast, was witnessed speaking with the dragon Queen. From the reports, Furiosa was witnessed backing away from the boy. Furiosa is amongst the number of dragon kings. As such, is one of the most powerful beings of our world. And Tyler the Outcast made her back down. But, reader, that is NOT all. As the meeting progressed, the Queen of the Forest bestowed her own Dragon friendship upon Tyler. If the green flames he breathed to demonstrate his power were an indicator. The meeting then progressed before Tyler was witnessed giving voice to a very impassioned, and enraged cry. The on lookers were moved to flee, while Furiosa jumped back her entire body length into the dragon’s defense posture. That’s right. The Outcast had Scared Furiosa into a defensive posture. Then she was witnessed laying beside the campsite, offering the party her protection for one night’s peace. Sadly, the airship had a schedule to keep, and as such could not stay to watch the scene unfold. It would seem, that the leader of the Outcasts is either of a special kind of force, or is a god amongst us mere mortals. He has been granted the friendship of TWO dragon kings. One of whom is Tempesta himself. When the waves come, this humble writer will be cowering behind Tyler the Outcast’s banner. As anything that can scare a high dragon without drawing steel is worthy of both the utmost respect, and utter terror. In other news, it would seem that Tempesta has taken an interest in the port town of Yalik, as he has settled into a nearby hillside as his temporary home. This writer merely thinks he wants to breathe some sea air. Another story we’re following is the taking of a sky shark from the dragons. It would seem these Warriors are the very height of foolish, for ANOTHER has been taken from the skies.”
“Jesus Christ in a hand basket.”
Tyler sighed as he looked to his friends.
“Those dumb fucks took ANOTHER shark.”
That got a collective groan from the party. Tyler looked to Wulf.
“Where they hell do they live?”
Wulf sighed as he pointed to a floating island.
“They live at the same altitude as those islands. The magic that keeps the islands aloft also keeps the sharks aloft as well. Look, there’s one now.”
Tyler looked up to see a hundred foot shark swimming through the sky like it was underwater. His jaw dropped.
“Okay. No way in HELL are they doing that without an airship”
The majestic beast cruised along as it went to wherever it was headed as Wulf replied.
“Indeed. Which makes it all the more disturbing. If an airship crew was willing to do this, then we have a very serious issue for trade as a whole. Airships are currently the single safest and fastest way to get goods place to place period. If the dragons are angered, and they revoke access to the skies, there are places that will straight up starve without the airships food deliveries.”
Tyler sighed.
“Okay. If we see one of those on the ground, we examine it for what killed it. AND guard it from any that would take it until a dragon comes to collect it. We agreed?”
The party nodded. Then Lily looked at him.
“Will the dragon listen?”
“I’ve been cleared by BOTH Tempesta and Furiosa. If that’s not enough to have earned me AT LEAST a demand for an explanation, then the hell?”
Wulf smiled.
“So, you’ll put your faith in the titles weight and the dragons behind it.”
“I’ve been proven honest twice by them. That means SOMETHING.”
Another round of nods. Tyler looked up again, and spotted another sky shark as it went by.
“Kinda wanna get a look at that things teeth though. Eh, I’m sure I’ll get the chance.”
Kaori shook her head.
“Sharks always were your favorite sea creature.”
“It’s like you know or something. Gotta say though, feels a special kind of weird to look up to see hundred foot sharks just swimming along.”
Wulf chuckled as he drank some coffee.
“It screws with you head something fierce, don’t it?”
“It does! Like, I feel like right now, I’m at the bottom of the ocean looking at the surface, when I KNOW I’m hundreds of miles from salt water! Ugh, makin my head friggin hurt!”
Tyler grabbed his head as his friends all laughed as his mind struggle to process just what he was seeing. HE laid on his back and looked at the sky, as his mind got over the weirdness of the flying sharks.
“The hell do those things eat?”
“I’ve heard it said they eat birds. No one really knows just WHAT they eat.”
“Maybe dragons? Like dragon young?”
“Could be. It would make sense why young dragons are so rare.”
“Huh, if I see Tempesta again, and I remember I’ll ask him.”
Wulf chuckled.
“Only you would even consider it.”
“Odds are we’ll run into him again, as word is he’s settled by Yalik for the time being.”
Wulf chuckled again.
“I see he heard the call of the ocean.”
“Yeah. From my own count, the waves are under two months away. How long from Cragspire to Yalik?”
“Four days?”
“And from Yalik to Term?”
“Three tops?”
“Okay, we got a full month to blow before we need to pretend to care. Whaddya wanna do after Yalik?”
Tyler sat up as they all looked at the map of Lectis. They all went Silent as they thought, when Sera squealed.
“Visit Melly!”
That got a laugh. Tyler smiled as well.
“That’s a splendid idea. Hell, we could also go drop in on Juniper and the Lady of the Forest!”
Malico smiled happily.
“Can we please?”
Tyler smiled as he patted her cat ears.
“Sure Kittycat.”
Wulf chuckled.
“I wonder. Do you just want to visit friends, or to lay with the Lady of the Forest.”
Tyler looked right at Kaori.
“Not really my choice there, is it?”
The pretty blonde smiled widely.
“We’ll see how I feel when we get there.”
“Hotspring?”
Kaori smiled again, this time knowingly.
“Perhaps.”
“Well all right then. Break camp. I’d rather be gone before curious idiots come looking to see where Furiosa spent the night.”
There was a collective nod as Tyler took down the tent, Lily doused the fire, Kaori, Lillia, and Sera readied the horses as the rest loaded up their weapons and equipment. Afterwards, they mounted up, and rode off down the road. Tyler was in the lead, as always, and he could feel an extra pair of hands holding his waist as they rode on. Welcome to your true adventure. Sallie. Sylvia. We’ll make it a good one.

They rode along at a decent clip, not really in a hurry, but in a hurry. The terrain was slightly inclined, so Kaori had set the pace, with large rocky hills scattered here and there. In the sky, Tyler could now make out sky sharks cruising along. But he had to force himself NOT to look at them while riding, lest the mind boggling sight make him lose it and he fall off. But DAMN do those things hurt my head! Seriously! I’ve heard of acid trips that don’t fuck with your head like those damned thing! The HELL!
He shook his head, trying to force the things from it, getting a look of concern from Kaori beside him.
“You good?”
“Just those damned sharks. That’s just not FAIR!”
That made them laugh, as Wulf spoke up from the rear.
“Just go with it, Tyler! It’ll drive you insane if you keep thinking about it!”
He groaned as they went.
“I hate those things. Dragons can keep’em for all I care!”
They all chuckled fondly as they watched their leader nearly lose his mind over a native curiosity. The party was in good spirits, both emotionally and literally, as they rode along the road to the capital. Tyler could feel the arms of the two spirit girls had shifted places, and one had sat in front of him and the other still behind him. He smiled.
“You better share the front you two.”
Kaori looked at him curiously.
“Now I’m worried you’re losing it.”
“Just letting the girls know to share.”
She smiled as she understood then. Kaori looked again, and could even faintly see the outlines of two small girls, one sitting in front of him with her arms out and hair flowing in the breeze and the other with her arms around his waist with her face resting on his back, as he went along. Those two girls will have the adventure they DESERVED now.

The long winding road was empty and dusty, as the sun reached directly overhead. So, they pulled into the shelter of a hill to both give the horses a breather and eat lunch. Tyler sat against a rock where he could see the road, as Lucy laid out food this time. Tyler was sharpening his Sgian Dao he used for interrogations when a shadow passed overhead and they all saw another dragon passing overhead. This being red. Tyler sighed.
“Great. Another interrogation or we’re all dead.”
The party was relaxed. As Wulf chuckled.
“Not EVERY dragon we see cares enough to speak to humans. Some just blatantly ignore us altogether.”
Tyler watched as the beast tilted his wings to turn around.
“THAT one does. Great, another headache.”
He sighed as he placed half their ruby collection on the ground, and stepped backward as the beast landed. Unlike Tempesta and Furiosa, this dragon had a more square head and eyes that were literally on fire. The beast looked at the stones then to Tyler looking at him.
“Be ya Tyler the Outcast?”
His voice sounded like a rumble of rocks on rocks. Tyler nodded.
“Aye. I be Tyler the Outcast.”
The dragon leaned forward to take the stones.
“It would seem Furiosa and Tempesta’s judgement is as sound as ever.”
“Thank you, I think?”
The dragon fixed him with his eye as he lowed his head.
“I sense a weariness in your heart boy.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Just wondering if you’re here to see if we took the shark.”
“Did you?”
“No. They make my head hurt just by looking at them, but we did NOT take your sharks.”
The dragon tilted his head.
“They make your head hurt? Explain.”
Tyler rubbed his head in frustration.
“I look up and see hundred foot sharks swimming above me like we’re at the bottom of the ocean! Yet I KNOW we’re hundred of miles form saltwater! Aghh, it’s screwing with my head!”
The dragon blinked, before laughing.
“Humans and their small minds.”
“Agreed.”
Then the dragon blinked again.
“The sharks were NOT the reason for my seeking you out.”
“Please don’t tell me you wish to challenge us.”
The 5 foot iris started to burn with an intense fire.
“And If I do wish to test my might against yours?”
Tyler sighed.
“Then we’ll at least make you work for it. Even if we’d die in the first breath attack. We’re no match for dragons yet, so we’d prefer to just leave you be.”
The dragon chuckled.
“Most would flee at the idea of a dragon’s challenge. Yet you would not.”
“Why waste our energy running from a foe that could set the path ahead ablaze?”
“A wise thought, but rest easy, as a challenge is also NOT what I be after.”
Tyler smiled darkly.
“Were the culprits found?”
He now had an evil glint of murderous eagerness, that made the dragon back a step away.
“Again no.”
“Gods dammit, I got EXCITED!”
Wulf was heard sighing as well.
“As did I.”
“Give it time Wulf, odds are WE’LL find em first!”
The dragon chuckled.
“The reason I’ve sought you out, is a request from our kind.”
“Huh?!”
Every voice of the party replied at once at the COMPLETELY unexpected turn of events. The dragon burst out laughing at the looks of utter shock upon their faces.
“I take it you didn’t see THAT one coming, eh lad?”
“Nope. What the hell could the Lords of the Sky possibly need OUR help with?”
The dragon looked at him again.
“As it is, the humans have forgotten who TRULY rules the skies. Before we step in and REMIND them of this, for the sake of fairness, and to say later we offered them a chance, we wish to extend the titles of Dragon Ambassador to you, Tyler the Outcast, and those of your party.”
Tyler sighed deeply.
“So THAT’S that bastard’s game?”
The dragon tilted his head.
“Speak, lad. What do you know?”
Tyler looked at the dragon.
“That bastard pope is using the Warriors gifted enslaved airship crews to take the sky sharks, enrage your kind, and use the fallowing mess to discredit the crown and usurp the throne and start a march.”
The dragon lifted his head, taken aback by the boy’s suggestion. While his friends all looked at each other. The Wulf sighed.
“it makes sense how a crew of an airship would WILLINGLY aid the taking of a sky shark PERIOD. Those men and women know EXACTLY what would happen if they played such a dangerous game.”
“Malico, show him.”
“On it.”
Tyler looked at the dragon.
“You were lied to.”
The dragon fixed him with a piercing gaze.
“Explain.”
Malico held up their two rings of banned blacks as Tyler explained.
“Recently we smashed an army of goblins, giants. orcs and a demon. I interrogated one myself, and it said, with terror in it’s eyes and no lie with in them either, that the human church has been selling them to any creatures it can find. While at the same time, possibly importing them from elsewhere via Yalik’s shipping lanes. As it is, the pope is also conducting research into the banned spells, plus, and I will stake my titles of Dragon Friends on the veracity of this, created a way to tamper with the Warrior teleport to the Waves battlefield. The purpose of the rigged teleport was to both kidnap and rape my friend the blonde. It was destroyed by her brother Kazuma.”
The dragon sighed deeply.
“It would seem the humans’ folly runs deeper then we feared. In your own words, what is the pope’s reasoning for such idiocy?”
“Once he gets the throne, he aims to start a holy march. My best guess based off what I know of the man and my world’s own past Marches, is to 1: Unify the land in an attempt to force his religion down the world’s throats in an attempt to end the waves permanently, as the story I was told states they started from the world’s lack of faith. 2: He’s a power mad old man looking to dominate the world. Or 3: both.”
The dragon rested his head on the ground, as if in exasperation.
“The waves didn’t start from a lack of faith. The waves started from a stunt like THIS.”
Tyler tilted his head.
“Seriously? Wait, why the hell am I so surprised? It friggin makes sense.”
Tyler just groaned as he held his head.
“Why is it always the church? Seriously, in my world, religion is the number one cause of 99% strife between peoples, and entire cultures have wiped out because of it.”
The dragon had a tired look in his 5 foot eye.
“I cannot agree with you more. Humans and their religions.”
“That elf there is religious, and has not ONCE tried to force it upon the rest of us. Yet, put a human in that mix, and we’d probably have killed him from his non-stop preaching.”
The dragon blinked.
“it would seem the world has forgotten who TRULY rules this land.”
“A request.”
“Speak.”
Tyler now felt the rage reignite within him as he roared.
“THAT POPE’S HEAD IS MINE TO TAKE FOR WHAT HE TRIED TO DO TO KAORI!”
The dragon jumped backward, just like Furiosa did, and assumed a defensive posture. Only his was more attack focused. Tail over his back, wings high, jaws parted slightly with a bit of fire within them, and in a low-slung stance. Tyler took a deep breath in, and let it out slowly.
“Not the time. Not the place.”
He looked to the now reapproaching dragon.
“We got issues, me and that bastard.”
The dragon burst out laughing again.
“Aye lad. Issues indeed. Will it be a slow death?”
Tyler grinning wickedly.
“HE will scream until I get bored. Since, I can heal nearly fatal wounds, yeah, it’ll be a long one.”
The dragon shuddered hard at the evil grin on the boy’s face. Then he looked at him.
“Boy, you remind me of a human Tempesta. You wander where you will, as he does, you live by your own code, as he also does, yet as soon as someone you truly care for is threatened or your strength is needed, you unleash hell itself, as is his way. He embodies the oceans to the fullest.”
“Restless and free. But, disrespect the waves, and there is not a force on this planet that is as powerful or as cruel as an angry ocean.”
The dragon had respect in his eye.
“I am wondering if Tempesta has a son now.”
“For all I know of my father, it’s a solid maybe. Gods know my mother’s big enough to survive a dragon mount.”
“Ahh COME ON! Don’t put that image in my head!”
“Sorry kaori! You know I’m right though!”
“You are, but it don’t make it better!”
The dragon snorted.
“Well, lad. You’ve been granted the titles of Dragon Ambassador, along with your party, and MY dragon friendship as well.”
“Curious, but what IS a Dragon Ambassador?”
The dragon gave Tyler a full look into his eye.
“it means we’ve, as in ALL the high dragons of the land, have recognized YOU and your party as worthy to speak on OUR behalf in human meetings. It will also grant you the right to dragon council should you have need.”
“Wow. We’re honored. What of the poaching?”
“The dragons will discuss just what to do.”
“have it be known, that if my party finds a fallen shark, we’ll stand watch until a dragon comes to collect the thing. We’ll also do an exam to see just HOW exactly they killed it.”
“Aye lad. It will be made known. Open your HUDs. All of you. Even you two spirits.”
Tyler looked at him.
“You can see them?”
The dragon bared it’s teeth in a smile.
“Indeed. As clearly as I see you.”
“Is that a dragon thing, or an ability?”
The dragon peered into his soul then.
“It is an ability, lad. I can sense a burning desire, and a regret you do NOT deserve.”
“They didn’t deserve their fate. Especially the elf, as it was MY family that did the deed.”
The dragon sighed.
“You cannot bring the dead back, lad.”
“No. No I cannot.”
HE sighed.
“But I CAN at least make their adventure worthwhile.”
“I see. And understand, but beware of spending so much time amongst the dead, that you forget the living.”
Tyler sighed.
“I will try to remember that.”
Kaori came over and hugged him.
“We’ll see them any night we wish. Take heart in that.”
He hugged her back.
“Until we kill those bastards, it will still bother me.”
The dragon sighed deeply.
“It would seem that there is still a human with a working heart left. Sad it is, that only ONE remains.”
Tyler looked to the dragon.
“And to think it be Warriors that did the deed, when they’re supposed to protect them.”
“The world is in a sorry state indeed.”
Tyler let the thought of seeing the girls in daylight go, before looking to the dragon.
“So. I’m another Dragon Friend.”
The dragon chuckled.
“Indeed boy. I be Ignatia.”
“Ignatia. The red dragon king. Damn that’s a metal name.”
The dragon tilted his head.
“Red dragon King? I like it.”
“You like that one? Try this one. Fire Dragon King.”
Ignatia bared his fangs again.
“Ignatia, the Fire Dragon King. THAT, me boy, is a title.”
Tyler shrugged his shoulders with a grin.
“What can I say? I’m good at what I do.”
The dragon laughed as Tyler pulled his HUD up. He got his new titles and so did his friends. Tyler smiled as he also saw he got a new breath attack.
“Oh I been WAITIN for this one!”
Ignatia looked at him.
“Show me.”
Tyler drew a breath as he aimed for the sky.
“FIRE DRAGON KING ROARRRRRRR!”
The flames were volcanic red, and shot up a hundred feet in the air. Ignatia was nodding approvingly.
“Now THAT’S how a Warrior SHOULD be!”
Tyler was laughing.
“Igneel’s got NOTHING on me!”
Ignatia looked at the boy.
“That name boy.”
Tyler tilted his head.
“It’s the name of a dragon king from a story in my world.”
Ignatia blinked.
“Igneel was the name of my father.”
“Ah. No disrespect, Ignatia. I was not aware.”
Tyler’s smile and joy had died at that, and Ignatia saw this. He chuckled.
“I can see no ill-intent in your words. Although, it is rather flattering to see you seem to admire Igneel at all.”
Tyler smiled.
“That story he’s in is one of my favorites. Hell, if I get the right ability, say one that allows me to show memories in my mind onto say a rock or something, I’d be happy to show you.”
Ignatia burst out laughing again.
“Lad, no such ability exists. That said, I appreciate the genuine offer.”
“Sure.”
“I will take my leave now. We BOTH have work to do.”
“Of course. What of the airships?”
The dragon sighed.
“Again, we must discuss it amongst dragons.”
“A suggestion.”
“Speak.”
“If an airship wishes to get off the ground, ALL hands must submit to a search by a appointed white path. If in this situation a company refuses, well, that ship is no longer protected from a dragon attack and is ruled fair game. In the event of myself being present in such a city during a launch, I’ll assist as I can. In the event of a ship crew being slaves, that crew is grounded until it is crewed by those worthy of her decks.”
The dragon had a thoughtful look in it’s eye.
“A most interesting strategy. What of in the event of a shark still getting taken?”
Tyler sighed.
“Then we have a far bigger issue here. If they are going to THAT extreme to spit in YOUR faces, then I’m afraid the only solution would be an open season on airships.”
Ignatia was nodding his massive head.
“I find this suggestion a very just one.”
“A further thought.”
“Go on.”
“If an airship crew complies willingly and truthfully on a regular basis, they get the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. Plus, random drop in searches in the sky can also be used as a deterrent.”
Ignatia rumbled like thunder.
“We made the correct choice to come to you, lad. I shall put your proposal to the Ruler’s of the Sky Meeting.”
“Oh, and just a heads up, there is also the chance that meetings a trap.”
Ignatia froze, before looking at him with a new gaze of intensity.
“Explain your thoughts.”
“Sure. If you think about it, it kinda fits. Taking of sky sharks, blatantly spitting in your faces. Plus that story of that fallen black mage that enslaved the dragons the last time. How’d he get that many under it’s command?”
Ignatia was shaking with an unknown emotion.
“By the scales. When you say it out loud, this is EXACTLY like what happened then. Cover your ears, young ones. I must give voice to a warning.”
Everyone covered their ears as best they could, as the dragon lowered it’s head and took in a massive breath, and let out a roar that made the very ground shake. In Term, the glass of the windows were rattling, a good 500 miles away. Burlock Metalbreaker was looking at some papers when the loud echoing thunder was heard, and the glass in his shop was rattling.
“Och, it would seem the dragons have a problem.”
Tyler was watching the horses, worried they would bolt or worse, only they seemed utterly unaffected by the noise of Ignatia’s bellow, which was similar to a t-rex roar but thousands of times more powerful. Then Ignatia closed his jaws with a massive snap before looking at the still covering there ears party. HE looked at Tyler again, and he took the hint and let his unharmed ears go. Ignatia was looking at him with a strange intensity.
“Lad. When the black one enslaved our kind, he did so by using a dragon meeting to subjugate the kings of the time. We were taken advantage of by a Dragon Ambassador.”
Tyler sighed as he rubbed his eyes.
“THAT trick? Someone really needs to get them some new books.”
He then looked at the dragon.
“I cannot be enslaved. I cannot be deceived. AND I CANNOT be lied to. Allow me to show you.”
Tyler brought up hie Perception, Mental fortitude, and willpower and showed it to the dragon. Ignatia nodded.
“I see. You are indeed immune to such tricks. This will put our kin at ease.”
“What’s your next step?”
Ignatia sighed.
“All of the dragonkin will be on their guard. We were taken in by a human once. NEVER again. This warning probably just saved us all.”
“Don’t thank me until AFTER you’re sure of it.”
Ignatia bared fangs again.
“Indeed lad. I must go. Farewell.”
Ignatia spread his wings, and took off to the skies he ruled alongside his brethren. As he went, Tyler noticed a set of small, glittering things in the dirt. So he walked over, and found no less then twenty different scales of different sizes and thicknesses. He poked one, and it was warm to the touch.
“Great. I had no idea just what the hell I was gonna do with the other scales. Now we got more.”
He placed them all in the pouch before he turned to his friends.
“Well, looks like we may have just prevented a dragon war.”
He walked over as his friends all looked at each other, before Wulf just sighed.
“Indeed. I got that feeling as well.”
“We’ll inform the queen. Any airships want off the ground, they need to be cleared by a trusted white path.”
They all nodded before cleaning up and getting mounted. They then rode along, as they continued their travels. They made great time, as by the time the sun started to go down, a series of looming peaks were seen in the distance. Tyler was cleaning a knife as they slowed from a light gallop to an easy walk as they went. Wulf was looking at the peaks.
“We should reach the front gate by early morning if we keep riding at our current pace.”
Tyler looked to the peak.
“Up to you. We can ride the night, or pull over and rest, then ride to the gate like we owned it.”
The group all looked at each other.
“Let’s rest. We can then ride up in style.”
“Show off. Gotchya.”
They all chuckled as went to a spot Wulf knew of off the main route. A small clearing set within a stretch of woodlands. The hills and mountains loomed over the party as they made camp. Tyler had just finished setting his spells when Kaori came over and hugged him.
“Tyler.”
HE hugged her.
“Yes?”
She leaned in to whisper in her ear.
“Our OWN room the first night in a town.”
He hugged her tightly.
“As my lover, wishes.”
She shivered before kissing him and letting him get back to work. Tyler had a happy smile as he watched her go pounce on Malico by the fire and kiss her. The Warrior looked around, looking to see what needed to be done. The tent was set, the fire going, and food was cooking. He saw the horses had been seen to, and now everyone was just relaxing. He chuckled as he sat by the fire by Sera. The princess was cleaning her sword as he did.
“What’s so funny?”
He smiled as he relaxed beside her.
“Just seeing how little I actually have to do around camp now. Besides setting my spells, don’t really have to do much. I guess we’ve gotten kinda good at this adventuring thing.”
That got a chuckle from the group as Tyler on his back to look at the sky.
“Kinda odd, we haven’t had to fight today.”
Sera smiled as she laid her head on his chest.
“Isn’t it kinda nice?”
He patted her head.
“Kinda, yeah. But now I’m worried.”
Kaori looked up from her blade.
“Calm before the storm?”
“Last night of peace before the shit hits the fan.”
They all sighed.
“I feel it too.”
Tyler looked up and watched as another Skyshark went by.
“Well, whatever it is, we either face it, or cut and run.”
Lucy was rubbing a stone on her axe.
“Aye, lad. Sometimes it be better to just walk away.”
“Indeed.”
Tyler was rubbing Sera’s hair as he kept looking at the sky.
“I’m wagering it’s an assassination of the queen, and they set it up so WE’RE the culprits.”
The camp went silent, except for the crackling of the fire. Then Wulf sighed.
“How the hell can you always think like that?”
Kaori sighed next.
“Because that’s how stories like this always go in our world. We just barely got pardoned, yet our enemy still lives and is plotting against us. So, as the story would go, we’d meet with the other ruler we’d thus far built a good rep with, only to have something happen to ruin our reputation yet again.”
Tyler sighed now as well.
“Ten gold says a traitor official close to the queen.”
“That would fit the trope.”
Tyler looked to Wulf.
“Tatiana have enemies?”
He sighed.
“A few. But they were all killed the last time they tried a coup.”
“Her closest official she sees daily?”
He thought for a moment.
“Her personal hand maiden. They’re frequent bed mates as well.”
“For cuddles or?”
“Both. She’s made it clear she and her maiden are part time lovers.”
“Wow, Wulf, your sister gets more action then you do.”
The camp laughed as Wulf threw a rock at him, it bounced off his Mythril before clacking off out of sight.
“You have not the slightest idea how much a wanna beat you with a hammer right now.”
Lily was smiling as she reached into her tool pouch.
“Jokes are fine and all, Lily, but not actively seeking to hurt someone.”
She squeaked before leaving her pouch alone, as the camp smiled at her. Tyler smiled and opened his HUD and headed to the news.
“Today in Vernillion. It would seem the dragons have an issue to be dealt with. As the Dragonic Warning was sounded by Ignatia himself. A Dragonic warning has not sounded in centuries, and is usually reserved for a crisis for dragon kind. Reports say the sound was heard all the way in the dwarven capital of Underhill. Some thousand miles away. The prevalent theory suggests this is in response to the poaching of the sharks from their skies. If that is indeed the case, then we may have something far darker in the mix. In other news, the port town of Yalik suffered a severe hurricane last night. The town suffered minor damage, and minor injuries as the town is well known for it’s wild weather patterns. Though, reports say Tempesta was heard enjoying the storm, as his contented rumblings could be felt in the town proper. The Warriors are still pillaging the land at will. As a group passed through the town of Raylik, and the resulting riot has left dozens injured and buildings damaged.”
“We ride for Raylik after we mete the queen.”
The camp jumped, as Tyler now had a VERY angry rumble in his voice.
“Those motherfuckers made another mess in the city. If they’ve hurt Melly or her family,”
He glared at the camp.
“Then fuck the waves, we hunt them all down. AND KILL. THEM. ALL.”
Every head nodded. He sighed and kept reading.
“From reports coming from the Leader Seline, her city has now closed it’s gates to Warriors as a whole with the sole exceptions of the Outcasts and Kazuma. Any Warrior seeking to gain access to her fair city does so under the pain of death, as the entire guard would mobilize against them, along with every adventurer in the city at that time. Her reasoning for such a harsh stance was reported to us herself.
“There are only THREE Warriors in the land. Tyler the Outcast, Kaori of the Golden Halo, and Kazuma of the Steadfast shield. This was the last straw for me. This city houses those close to the Outcasts heart, thank the gods they were NOT INJURED, or the hunt would begin. Had they been harmed, then every. Single. Warrior with the sole exception of Kazuma would die by the hands of the Outcast party. As it is, they are safe and looking forward to his now inevitable visit.”
“The lady Seline was then seen to smile fondly as she was pressed for her certainty.
“Tyler has a special soft spot for my fair city. Makes sense since his party was named the Outcasts in a still standing Inn. Plus, since I KNOW that boy will read this, even though I’ve assured him they’re okay, he’ll still come running as soon as his current business is concluded. And, just one more bit to make clear? ALL agents of the Church are banned from MY city. In his words? Got a problem with it? Doors over there.”
“It would seem that the Lady Seline will NOT tolerate abuses of her citizens, and her fair city. The Fox of the Tailed city is amongst one of the most fierce of her kind, and as such is NOT to be trifled with. In this humble writer’s own opinion? It is about time someone stepped up and said NO to the horrors these unworthy monsters bring wherever they go. We need more willing to plant their feet and tell these bullies NO. That their heinous actions DO in fact have consequences. So, to the ones known as Outcast. This writer sends a most heart felt plea. Scare these bullies and monsters the same way you scared Furiosa. We need someone for them to FEAR.”
Tyler smiled as he closed the HUD. He looked to Lillia.
“Hey, Lillia, question.”
She noted the dark glint in his eye.
“Ah, sure?”
“There’s not, oh say, a grand ball or party for the Warriors before the wave teleport, is there?”
She tilted her head, a little confused by his sudden question.
“Ah, yeah. Once all the Warriors have gathered, the kingdom throws a lavish ball and as each Warrior enters the room, every title they’ve earned will be read-oh my gods.”
It clicked then as she saw where he was going. She then smiled widely.
“You’re going to scare them shitless.”
Tyler’s smile got darker.
“Is there a rule or spell that prevents Warriors from attacking each other during this ball?”
Lillia sighed.
“An old spell. It makes it so that even if you were to swing Gliepnir ion the throes of Demon’s Wrath with all your enhancements upon the blade, it wouldn’t even tickle.”
“What about heat? Say if I were to breathe my fire around them and raise the temperature?”
Lillia shook her head.
“That mind is terrifying. The only way to bypass the rule is by way of a Warriors challenge.”
“Sooo, if I were to piss em off. Ya know what? What about the waves?”
She smiled darkly now herself.
“In the actual wave, yes. Warriors are free to at will.”
Tyler looked to Wulf.
“If we can piss em off enough, we can bypass this rule. If not, we play Assassin.”
The ranger nodded.
“Agreed.”
“But if we encounter them anywhere else, tell me BEFORE attacking. You can handle yourself just fine, but. Two things. We do this together, and NO suicidal death charges.”
HE nodded again.
“I swear by my ears, and Sylvia’s spirit, that as hard as it will be for me, I will seek you out before releasing my rage.”
“It’s only a matter of time before we kill them, Wulf.”
“Only a matter of time.”
Tyler placed another log on the fire.
“That ball’s gonna be fun. FOR US, I mean. Will the Pope be in attendance?”
Lillia shrugged.
“Him? Toss up. Either he will or he won’t.”
“He shows his face, no matter what we have to do, even if it means an open war in the streets against the might of the guard, he DOES NOT live to see the next day. Are we agreed?”
They all looked at each other before nodding. Thistle spoke for them.
“We are. That bastard needs to die.”
“The killing blow is mine.”
“Agreed.”
The Outcast laid back beside the fire. And Sera laid down him and rest her head on his side.
“We’ve got quite the mess these next few months.”
They all laughed. Then they went to different activities. Wulf was looking over his arrows, Lucy her throwing spears, Thistle doing some pushups, Vixen laying on her robe in her cloth bra and panty set, Malico resting naked by the flames as it heated her fur, Lillia looking at something on her HUD, Kaori doing some form practice with her katana, Lily looking over her tools, Sera resting on Tyler’s chest as he looked at the sky. HE was stroking the princess’s belly when his spell, Tranquil Waters detected something.
“heads up. Tranquil Water’s got something headed our way.”
The camp reached for weapons and clothes. Tyler got to his feet and pulled his bow as he closed his eyes to feel the spell’s vibrations better.
“Okay, we got horses, maybe two sets of feet, small ones at that, and….wheels?”
Tyler opened his eyes and pointed into the distance near the road.
“They’re headed this way. Stand ready.”
He sprang atop a rock near the direction the vibrations were coming from. There was still plenty of daylight out, as Tyler unleashed his detection skills and sight skills to see their visitors. He spotted them soon enough.
“We got a wagon headed our way, looks like a father, mother, and two little girls. Elves by the points of their ears. They’ll see our fire in three minutes.”
Wulf was standing by a tree looking in the direction.
“What’s our play?”
Tyler looked at the camp. He smiled.
“If they’re friendly, we got plenty of room.”
The elven ranger smiled brightly.
“Indeed we do.”
Tyler went back to looking at the family. HE zoomed in to see their faces, only for an arrow to slam into their wagon.
“GO! THEIR UNDER ATTACK!”
The camp exploded as Tyler launched off the rock, splitting it in two. He was also whistling loudly, and the elf on the seat heard the obvious call. He had his girls on the wagon as he saw a group of charging shadows pouring out of the campsite he’d been planning to use. HE went white as he feared he’d led his family into a trap, only for his daughter’s friend to sigh with relief.
“I know that whistle! That’s the Outcast!”
The man relaxed as he drove the horse drawn wagon towards the still whistling man as a group of creatures came howling after his cart. Tyler was moving with the speed of pure fury as he closed with the fleeing family.
“Wulf! Get them behind the rock and provide cover! Rest of you, we kill them!”
“On it!”
“right!”
tyler and his crew surged past he man on his wagon as the ranger guided them to the spot, as Tyelr swung Gleipnir with his furious strength into a pack of Goblins. The party had thirty members, but Tyler sliced 8 in half as he dove into the center of the party swinging the sword with a veil of red mist in his eyes as he sought to destroy the things to the last creature. He swung the Mythril Magicite blade faster then most could see, and harder than any could. His friends had made the wise decision to just let him have this one, as he was swinging his broadsword with pure rage. Malico shuddered as she watched the goblins just get massacred.
“This reminds me of the time the Monster was set loose.”
Kaori sighed as well.
“He hates Goblins with a savage ferocity for what they did to Sallie. In the future, if we face goblins, I’d suggest backing way up.”
Tyler had the last creature against a tree.
“Are you it?”
It nodded.
“We’re a single tribe.”
“No gathering this time?”
It nodded.
“No. We’re too few in number now.”
Tyler smiled darkly and the thing shuddered.
“Do you know WHERE these others are?”
“We made a map! He had it!”
Tyler marked the spot, and placed his hand on the things head.
“For Sallie.”
He shattered the things head with his bare hand before throwing the thing away. He cleaned his hand with a spell of water before he retrieved the map from the thing. His friends looted them, before they piled the bodies by the road, and Tyler set them on fire. Once done, they headed to check on the family. They had brought their wagon over and parked it beside the tent, as they hitched their horse with the party’s own. The father was standing with a small bow of his own with Wulf as the party returned. Tyler had used his water spells to get the blood off, and was clean as he entered the fire light. He recognized the farmer and his wife from the other day, as well, as one of the small elven girls. HE smiled widely as he spotted her.
“Rylie! Well, there goes the camp.”
That got a chuckle as the farmer came to thank him.
“Once again, thankee kindly Tyler. You saved me family.”
Tyler just shrugged.
“I hate goblins. But yer welcome.”
The man offered his hand.
“I be Yorlund. A pleasure.”
Tyler shook his hand warmly.
“Nice to put a name to the face. You headed to Cragspire?”
HE nodded as he looked to the ladies around the fire.
“Aye lad. Me wife, Vernessa, and me two daughters, Rylie and Kylie would be safer there.”
Tyler chuckled as he checked his spells, all clear.
“Well, your safer here, so feel free to relax. I got spells up to give a notice if more visitors come calling.”
He then looked at them.
“Just, don’t tell anyone about what goes on in my camp. It’s kinda a camp rule.”
The four guests nodded.
“We understand.”
“I mean, not like you won’t enjoy yerselves, but ya know, fairness.”
Sera snorted.
“Fairness my ass! He’s MEAN!”
They all laughed as Malico ducked out of her clothes to lay by the fire as Vixen took her robe off to lay on it. Tyler laughed as he saw Yorlund get smacked by his wife for looking,
“They do that, Miss. Ya get used to it.”
Tyler sat by the fire and pulled his maps out as Rylie came over to hug him.
“Thank you for saving me.”
He smiled as he hugged her back.
“Anytime Rylie. Still a good hug.”
She blushed as she was then pounced on by Sera for a hug. Tyler added the goblin map to his own, and smiled darkly.
“Hey, Wulf, Thistle, get a load o this.”
The two elves came to look.
“Got something?”
“What he said?”
Tyler pointed to a few spots.
“These are goblin camps. Best thing is they’re along our route. Wanna remove some trash from the gutters?”
They both looked at each other and smiled.
“Indeed we do.”
“It looks like these are the ONLY tribes left in the area. Once they go, this road and area will be safe from them.”
Tyler smiled as he looked to Yorlund. The elf was sitting comfortably with his wife by the fire.
“Hey, Yorlund, you said you’re headed to Cragspire, right?”
HE looked over,
“Indeed I did.”
“We are as well. We’d be happy to travel with you. Only thing is we’re gonna wipe out the last tribes of goblin as we go.”
His eyes lit up with joy at his offer.
“You are most kind, sirrah. We’d appreciate a safe trip.”
“Cool. We’ll have your wagon pull over when we go wipe out the goblins, and worst case? It takes fifteen minutes.”
“of course sirrah. Again, thank you.”
Tyler put his map away chuckling.
“No thanks needed. Like I said, I hate goblins. Plus, like I could let Rylie here down.”
“Eep!”
“cute.”
She had squeaked in surprise at the sudden call out, and was now just blushing hard at the camps fond laughs. Yorlund as well,
“It seems you’ve met my daughter before.”
Tyler smiled as he patted her head.
“We met in TopLeaf. She spotted an enemy spy crystal in a tree, and got stuck trying to go for it. I happened to walk by at that point. So, I helped her out of her tree and got the crystal. Girl’s got really sharp eyes.”
Yorlund smiled proudly as his daughter was praised by the Outcast.
“She’s always been sharp sighted. We’re thinking of seeing if the Guard will take her as a scout.”
Rylie gulped, and looked to Tyler, as if for help. Tyler hugged her.
“Well, Rylie? What do YOU wanna do?”
She looked at Wulf.
“I’d like to be a ranger, like Wulf.”
Tyler chuckled as he looked at Yorlund.
“Trust me on this, a good ranger is worth more than a hundred scouts.”
Yorlund just smiled at his daughter.
“I see, if a Warrior has so much faith in the rangers, and she wants to be one, well, I’m sure the Ranger commander will find a place for her.”
Tyler was smiling, as Wulf spoke up.
“I’m sure Rylie will make a fine ranger. I think I’ll place her in TopLeaf though, as the area is both easy to learn, and gives a good base for her training.”
Yorlund nearly fell over as he got a good look at Wulf’s face.
“Ranger commander Wulf Farsight? My apologies sirrah, I had no idea!”
Tyler tilted his head.
“Somehow, that kinda fits.”
Wulf laughed.
“A good ranger knows when to be seen and when NOT to be seen.”
“Too bad the only good ranger here is Rylie.”
Wulf chuckled as Tyler gave the startled girl a warm hug.
“In a few years she will be.”
Yorlund just smiled with pride at his daughter, as she had earned the respect of both the Outcast and the Ranger. Then Kylie, Rylie’s identical twin came over to get a hug as well. They were all laughing as Sera’s stomach rumbled.
“Yes Ma’am.”
The party laid out lisk meat and tea leaves as the guests watched in shock.
“Lisk meat and Royal Hemlock tea? Lord we are not worthy.”
Tyler and his crew just laughed. Tyler looked at him with a smile.
“We’re Outcasts for a reason. So, enjoy.”
Yorlund shook his head,
“Thank the gods for this kindness. To think we merely came to this spot for a bit of rest, only to share a camp with the Outcast themselves, and get to eat like kings as well!”
Tyler chuckled as he made the Lisk burgers that was his specialty.
“All made with recipes from our world.”
The group ate well, as Yorlund and his family got to experience lisk burger and Hemlock tea. After the meal, Tyler noticed a grimace on Vernessa’s face.
“You okay miss?”
She smiled ruefully as she rubbed her belly.
“Just my condition acting up again.”
Tyler tilted his head.
“Huh. I wonder if my White path can handle it? Eh, worth a shot.”
She shook her head.
“Please, sir, I’d hate to impose upon your kindness further.”
Tyler smiled.
“Like you can impose on a freely given thing. Plus, I get to practice my spells, so win/win.”
She smiled kindly, and laid back as she lifted the front of her gown to expose her belly. Tyler took a seat next to her, and placed a gentle hand on her warm stomach.
“Holy Relief.”
She glowed from head to toe as his spell flooded her body with his power. Tyler shook his head as he felt her illness get cured, and an infection also get cured as well. The glow died, and she sighed with relief as she sat up.
“I feel amazing. Thank you.”
“Sure. Anyone else?”
Kylie came over with Rylie behind her.
“I get the same pain sometimes as well.”
“Me too.”
“Well, step right up ladies. The doc is in.”
That got a laugh as he cured them as well as Yorlund came over next.
“I suffer from a similar affliction.”
Tyler healed him as well. Then he dusted his hands and rejoined the party by the fire.
“THAT’S what a Warrior is SUPPOSED to do.”
Rylie and her family all sat around the fire, feeling better then they had in years. Rylie was sitting next to Tyler, Kylie was petting Malico’s fur, getting a happy purr from the sexy catgirl, as Yorlund and Vernessa sat together by the fire on their own. Tyler was patting Rylie when he remembered something.
“Oh yeah. Hey, Yorlund. Nearly forgot to warn ya.”
HE looked over, a little concerned.
“Is there a problem?”
“Just a heads up. Tatiana is expecting our crew at some point tomorrow, so when we ride up, well, it’ll be loud. So, ya know, brace.”
Yorlund just laughed.
“So, we came expect a hero’s welcome?”
“More or less.”
That got a chuckle.
“me girls will have a story to tell for the rest of their days.”
“And a fine one at that.”
The party fell silent, as each just enjoyed the nights peace. Then Rylie yawned. Tyler smiled.
“That’s the bell.”
There was a mass agreement, as Sera grabbed Rylie and Kylie’s hands.
“Let’s sleep together!”
The girls looked to their parents, as Tyler shrugged with a smile.
“We got room, and yes they are welcome.”
Yorlund and his wife smiled.
“Very well, have fun girls.”
Tyler and his party went into the tent, and as he laid down, Kaori leaned in to whisper in his ear.
“We going to visit Sallie?”
He settled down, clutched the locket.
“Of course.”
Kaori smiled as she placed a hand on the locket herself.
“Good night ladies and Wulf.”
“I still hate you.”
Tyler and Kaori both whispered their ability names.
“Holy Muse.”
“Ember Muse.”

DAYS UNTIL WAVE: 57.


Tyler and Kaori spent a very happy night playing with Sallie and Sylvia in the world of the spirits. Hugging them good day as the sun rose. They sighed as they returned to their bodies and opened their eyes. Kaori got her good morning kiss.
“Good morning, My dear Lover.”
She smiled.
“Good morning, My dear Lover.”
Tyler smiled as he saw Malico in kissing range.
“I kinda feel like she’s getting left out.”
Kaori smiled.
“Well, include her.”
Tyler leaned in and kissed his favorite kittycat awake, getting a happy purr from the cat.
“I thought I got forgotten. Again.”
Tyler pulled her close to kiss her deeper.
“We’re sorry. We’ll seek to include you more.”
Malico smiled happily, as Tyler looked to Kaori.
“Should we introduce her to Sallie?”
Kaori smiled happily.
“She’d love her. Both ways!”
Malico was confused.
“Who’s Sallie?”
Tyler patted her ears.
“A friend you’ll meet tonight when we go to sleep. She’s very precious to me and Kaori.”
Malico was curious as they left the still slumbering tent to begin the day.
“hey, look.”
Tyler had spotted Sera and her bed mates. Sera was sandwiched between Rylie and Kylie with both girls resting their heads on her chest, and her arms around them. Kaori and Malico felt a warm glow in their hearts at the scene. Tyler sighed.
“Times like this, I wish I had a camera.”
The trio left the girls to their rest as they started the morning routine. Tyler saw relit the fire, as Kaori and Malico got food ready. Then, Tyler checked his spells and saw they were still active and clear. Satisfied the area was safe, he looked to Yorlund’s wagon. It was ten feet tall, five feet wide, and rolled along on four steel shod wheels. The back of the wagon had a large white cloth supported by ribs of steel as well. Reminds me of a stereotypical frontier wagon. Tyler stretched his back, and getting a series of pops and cracks as he did so.
“Did you just break something?”
HE smiled as he looked at Malico.
“Nah. Just stretching my back.”
The cat flicked her tail in exasperation.
“You are so odd sometimes.”
He smiled as he sat against a rock to look at the morning news, as somewhere along the line, it’d become a routine.
“This Morning In Vernillion. It would seem the Dragons have made a decision regarding the poaching of their sharks. As they have explained it, any ship crew looking to get off the ground must be searched from tip to stern by a Dragon Appointed white path mage under armed guard. What they are searching for, we are as of yet uninformed. It would seem the only ones that are aware of what they search for, are the Appointed White path, the guard, The Dragons themselves, and The Outcast Warrior party, for it would seem the Dragons sought out the Council of Tyler the Outcast before reaching this decision. We have a new Dragon Ambassador, citizens of the world. One the Dragon’s themselves have sought the council of. This party of Warriors are nothing short of gods and goddesses amongst us mortal beings, for if the dragons seek Tyler’s council, then the Warrior is possessed of a most rare form of wisdom, foresight, and Perceptive ability.”
“If only they knew.”
Kaori and Malico looked at him curiously. He chuckled.
“They think that since I give council to dragons, I must have some super perception. Love to show off my stats sometime.”
They snorted as they got it then.
“It has become rather obvious the Outcasts are the strongest party we have. We will NOT survive the waves without them. In other, more disturbing news, it would seem the pope has abandoned reason for madness, and forced a THIRD summoning of Warriors. That’s right. We now have a further 22 Warrior loose in the land. Bringing the total to a terrifying 88 in all.”
Tyler groaned as he looked at Kaori and Malico.
“HE summoned MORE Warriors.”
They both hung their heads.
“What the hell.”
“He really is insane.”
Tyler just sighed.
“That first wave is going to be a massacre. We’ll be fine, as we all know just what the hell we’re doing. The others will be slaughtered like cattle in a house.”
Kaori and Malico nodded.
“We’re not helping them, are we?”
“Honestly, I’d prefer not to. We’ll have our hands full as it is.”
Tyler smiled.
“We’ll set up shop in our own area, and lay waste to anything that dares challenge us.”
They all nodded. Tyler went back to reading.
“The waves will be three times stronger now. So, let us pray the Outcasts are up to the task by the time the first wave arrives. Now, Warrior news. The town of Raylik turned it’s first party of Warriors away last night, slamming the gates closed as they sought the shelter of the walls. This resulted in a minor skirmish as the Warriors, rather then accept their banishment, were sent packing after an hour long siege, several thousand showerings of Arrows, spells, and rocks. Seline was then reported to be heard warning the Warriors.
“We are NOT toys for you to play with as you see fit. We offered you too many chances, so now my gates are shut to you. Period. There are only THREE Warriors that may pass my gates. Kazuma, and the Outcasts. Got a problem with it? Ha, bust yours asses like Tyler has been since he got here.”
Tyler laughed at that one.
“I knew I liked Seline for a reason.”
Kaori smiled as well.
“Her? Well, all I’ll say, is have fun. Oh, and Yoko can get it as well.”
Tyler looked at her.
“You sure you don’t mind if I bed others?”
Kaori looked at Malico.
“Long as you bed HER before THEM.”
Tyler laughed as he looked at Malico.
“Well, Malico. Kaori and I claimed the first night in town.”
The sexy catgirl’s tail was going wild with excitement.
“I’ll claim the SECOND!”
Tyler chuckled.
“Two nights in Cragspire, then we ride for Raylik, as I need to see Melly.”
HE unrolled the map.
“Okay, looks like Yalik is maybe…..two days from Raylik. Nice. We can explain it to Lymir we have friends in the city. Whereas, a straight ride from Cragspire to Yalik takes….four days.”
He smiled again.
“If we head back to Raylik, we can both shave a day off the trip, make sure Melly is safe, I can pet a sexy raccoon, and we can head for the sea. Nice.”
They all nodded at the plan. He returned to his status update.
“It would seem Seline has made her stand, and is holding her ground against the abuses against her people. And she is not the only one. Kazuma, the newly appointed Viscount of Dragul, has also sealed his city to other Warriors as well. Again, with the exception of the Outcasts. As, in his own words,
“If T-rex wants in to my city, it’d be like back home when my father tried to keep him from seeing Kaori when he locked her in the house: He’d climb the damned walls to find a way in. Guy is a special kind of determined. Plus, well, if I DIDN’T let my sister’s hero into my city, she’d beat me half to death with a chair.”
“Kazuma, I am going to smack you, you dumb sonuvabitch.”
kaori looked at him.
“What’d he do?”
“He’s still using that ultra-cringy nickname he gave me in middle school!”
Kaori just hung her head.
“I will join you in this smacking.”
Tyler put that one on the to-be-smacked-for list.
“The Warriors are running out of havens and places to go for a rest. Term is still open to them, and it would seem the Warriors are NOT happy with the recent treatment. It is this writer’s personal opinion, but who cares about what monsters think? Another Warrior that continues to disgrace herself is Charlotte the Coward. She was seen recently in the port town of Yalik begging for coin, and, if the reports are to be believed, selling her body as a means to make coin enough for food and shelter. It would seem the Coward is truly beyond hope. It is simply tragic that the Warrior’s Boon was granted to such a craven hearted lady. May her replacement be of actual stock, and not a wasted life. In a rather strange turn of events, it would seem Furiosa, the Elven Forest Queen, has Joined Tempesta the Blue lord beside the town of Yalik. Perhaps, in this writer’s own speculation, she’s looking for the company that only a male dragon can provide. Or is just looking to spend some time by the sea. Perhaps the Dragon Ambassador would have a better understanding of the ways and whys of the Sky Lords.”
Tyler snorted as he closed his HUD.
“Dragons don’t HAVE a why or a way. They just ARE.”
Wulf came out then, and went about his morning rite, as Lily came staggering out tiredly. Tyler smiled fondly at the fierce girl.
“Hey Lily. Sleep well?”
She took a deep drink of some coffee before replying.
“I did. So, we’re reaching the Capital today.”
Tyler patted her back affectionately.
“Yup. We’ll also wipe out a few goblin camps as well.”
She sidled alongside him and sat with her back against him.
“Can I tag along for a goblin camp?”
Tyler thought about it as he looked at the tent.
“I was planned to take Lillia on one. She needs the experience. As for you? I want to, but right now, you don’t have many skills or spells to use in combat.”
Lily was nodding.
“I understand. I don’t like it, but I get it. It took, what? A solid week and a half’s traveling with you before you allowed Sera to join a raid?”
He hugged her again.
“Indeed. I’d like for you to get at least that much training and practice before I throw you into a raid.”
Lily nodded again in understanding.
“As much as I want to join my future husband in battle, I still need training.”
Kaori looked over sharply at Lily’s words, and she all but burst out laughing at Tyler’s expression of helplessness. Have a high dragon land here, and he’s braver than a lion. But an overly-aggressive elf girl has him completely overwhelmed!
“I can see that Kaori.”
She squeaked in shock, then became a little hurt.
“Heeeey, I thought you said you wouldn’t do that to me?”
Tyler tilted his head, confused.
“Huh? I meant I can see you brushing your hair. Yeah, like you’re not aware my heart nearly just stopped.”
Lily sighed.
“It did. I felt it.”
Kaori went through like ten different emotions in ten seconds: Anger, joy, more anger, embarrassment, murderous rage, before just settling on blissful joy as she continued brushing her golden lockes.
“How’s this?”
Tyler smiled as she did so. I didn’t read her like she thought I did, which means she was teasing me in her mind. I still love how even now, I can still destroy her train of thought at a moments notice. He pulled the map out and was looking it over as Wulf and a newly emerged from the tent Thistle sat across from him.
“So. We’re wiping out goblin camps as we ride to the capital.”
Tyler nodded.
“We are. We have fixes on 5 camps. We’re going to raze them to the ground. No survivors.”
Thistle smiled, showing her pointed teeth.
“Who will join the raids?”
“I want to bring Lillia. Get her raid trained. She can handle goblins and other creatures just fine. It’s just the killing of men we need to watch her for. This time, I’ll have Thistle be our guide, that way we have one elf familiar with the area with both parties. We’ll take Kaori and Malico. That cat hasn’t had a chance to play in a while. That’s the first raid. Second will be Sera, Lucy, Wulf, and Kaori. Third is Vixen, Thistle, Kaori, and….hmmm,”
He looked around the camp.
“We’ll keep that slot open for volunteers. After that will be Kaori, and Wulf with two volunteers. Last raid will be Kaori, Malico and Wulf.”
The Ranger smiled at that last one.
“The original Outcasts.”
“Not really. The Original Outcasts are me and Kaori. More, first group, as me, Kaori and Malico were the first party. But I appreciate the sentiment.”
Wulf smiled,
“We’ll have fun on that last one.”
“Got a dark question.”
The elves looked at him.
“Do goblins hold on to captives for a while?”
The two experienced elves sighed.
“If they take a particular fancy. Yes. They do.”
“So, part genocide, part rescue op. The fates of those rescued?”
Wulf had a sad look.
“Once their wounds are healed, it will depend on the person. Some are able to move past their horrors, while others and up taking their own lives as the nightmares are just too much.”
“We’ll had least give any we find a chance. I’ll have a word with Yorlund. See if we can’t borrow his cart in the event of a few captives.”
They all nodded. The morning progressed, as Lucy, Rylie, Kylie, Sera, Lillia and Vixen all exited the tent, and Yorlund and Vernessa appeared as well. Tyler, and the other ladies, all noticed a slight flush to the mountain elf wife’s face that morning, and hid smiles for the couple. Tyler caught Yorlund’s eey and nodded toward the tent. Tyler met him for a quick word. The elf farmer seemed concerned by Tyler’s grim face.
“Something happen?”
“Wulf and Thistle informed me that Goblins sometimes keep captives for a while. So, if we find any, I’d appreciate the use of your wagon for any we find.”
Yorlund got a grim look as well.
“With pleasure Warrior. What will be my families role to play?”
“Leave the blood to us. We HATE these things. Alls you’re required to do is listen to the one I put in charge as we head out.”
HE nodded.
“Understood, lad. When do we head out?”
“We’ll get fed, break camp, and roll out in the hour. Your wagon will be in the center of our group. Oh, and fair warning, odds are Sera will most likely impose upon a ride.”
He smiled fondly as he looked at Rylie getting nearly throttled by the affectionate girl.
“Aye. Now, just to sate my curiosity. Her and that other girl wouldn’t happen to be the royal girls?”
“For the safety of your family, Yorlund, let that one go. The wrong person gets wind of that, you’ll not only get your family killed in a most horrific manner, but endanger the rest of us as well.”
Yorlund nodded again, this time apologetically.
“they have a saying about curiosity and cats. I should remember it. My apologies lad.”
“Like I said, camp rules for a reason. Lest Rylie and Kylie made a good friend here.”
there was a happy squeal and they looked to see Kylie nearly get throttled. Both men chuckled affectionately.
“Sorry about the near hug death. Things are friggin lethal.”
That got a smile as they both returned to the fire for feeding. After the food eaten, party briefed, and weapons readied, they broke camp. Kaori went straight to Yorlund’s draft horse, and began looking her over. Tyler smiled as he nudged the elf.
“Kaori’s the best there is when it comes to horse care. Also the most merciless. Once saw her slap a girl Rylie’s size for punching a horse on her ranch in our old world. She hit her so hard, I thought she killed her!”
Yorlund chuckled as he watched the blonde beauty ply her craft with all the skills and know-how of a true master.
“We’ve raised ole Bessie since birth. She’s a good horse.”
Tyler was smiling as he saw Kaori step back with a frown.
“Something wrong Doc?”
Kaori was holding her chin.
“I think, she’s getting sick.”
Yorlund and Tyler came over to talk to the horse expert. Kaori looked to Yorlund.
“She’s very well cared for, but I think she’s getting sick with something. It’s just a feeling right now, but I just can’t shake it.”
Tyler looked at the brown animal.
“I can just go ahead and cast my spell, Kaori.”
Kaori smiled.
“Would you? It’s kinda bothering me.”
Yorlund looked at him.
“I thought ye be White/Blue?”
Tyler shrugged.
“I picked up a few brown healing spells, since they overlap a lot, it works.”
Yorlund just shook his head as Tyler placed his hand on the Draft horse’s flank and cast his spell. As he did, he felt a disease get cured. HE chuckled.
“She had literally just gotten a tapeworm. Thing musta been inside her last solid meal.”
Yorlund groaned.
“We got her feed from a shop in TopLeaf before we left. She ate her fill before we left.”
Kaori looked at Tyler. He chuckled.
“We’ll have Tatiana send word to Logrian he got a bad shipment of feed. And we’ll pass through on the return trip, so you can check it yourself.”
She hugged him,
“Thanks.”
HE stroked her blonde hair.
“Like I said, best horse care giver in Lectis.”
Yorlund just chuckled.
“Aye lad, that she be.”
The group finished breaking camp, and Yorlund’s wagon was surrounded by the Outcasts. Tyler was in the lead with Thistle as their guide as Wulf brought up the rear. The Outcast looked at his crew.
“Outcasts, move out.”
They all set out on the trail at a Kaori dictated pace. The blonde wanting to observe how Yorlund’s horse was as she worked. As the family’s feed had been discarded and replaced with the party’s own feed. They would not be baiting bandits today as the goblins were a greater evil, but if a group were to attack, well, open slaughter. Tyler was looking ahead as they went with his bow hanging by his hand. He smiled as he heard a happy squeal from the wagon, as Sera had forced herself onto the wagon to play with Rylie and Kylie.
“You better behave in there Sera!”
“I will!”
The group all laughed as Lillia asked a question, a little nervously.
“Are you sure about bringing me on a raid, Tyler?”
Tyler looked over to her, a smile on his lips.
“I am, Lillia. Have faith in yourself. I believe in you, they believe in you. Hell, even Lily believes in you.”
The ferocious elven girl was heard laughing.
“She’s got this.”
Tyler jabbed a thumb in her direction.
“See? If you’ve got LILY’s seal of approval, you’re golden.”
“Nice to hear my future husband knows how to flatter as well. Good.”
Tyler just smiled as he strove to contain the nuclear bomb that went off behind his eyes. Lilla smiled bravely.
“You’ll be right there, right?”
“Every step of the way.”
She was relived as they went on. They had just passed a tall rock a solid hundred feet tall, when Thistle gave a low whistle,
“The first camps a ten minute walk from here.”
The wagon was parked against the monolith, and Tyler and the raiders dismounted. He looked to Wulf.
“Your camp.”
He nodded.
“I got em.”
Tyler, Kaori, Lillia, Malico, and Thistle all moved into the trees. Tyler with Thistle to his left as Lillia was behind him with Kaori and Malico bringing up the rear. Tyler sighed internally as they heard the screams long before they saw the camp. I will see every last one of these vile creatures burn. For Sallie. HE forced his rage down, as they proned upon a rock to scout the camp. There were about fifty of the creatures all fighting, bickering, and torturing a set of three women on the ground as a taller creature watched. Tyler felt his rage start to boil, as Thistle pointed to the ground, he looked, only to see a wide open front gate between two rocks. He looked at the blood elf, and nodded to it, he then pointed to the ladies to stay there and fire arrows. They all nodded, as Tyler and Thistle moved into position. Tyler had Gliepnir out, as Thistle pulled Bloodsplitter, her own battle axe. Tyler’s eyes were red with rage, as he readied his knock.
“for Sallie.”
Thistle watched as he drew in a breath.
“Red dragon king roar.”
He sent a breath of flames surging into the camp, which went straight towards the captives, and enveloped them in a protective flame as every single creature it touched burned alive. Tyler then strode into the camp with the blood elf.
“We will kill you all.”

“For Sallie.”
Kaori and her team fired arrows into the now panicking camp. She saw Tyler walk into the camp and slash every single thing that was not human to the ground as he marched to where the captives were safely enshrouded by his roiling flames. Thistle, on the other hand, had planted her feet by the gate, and was scything down anything that tried to leave. Kaori, Malico and Lillia sniped every thing that tried to flee another direction as a forty foot tall stone giant rose from the back of the camp to swing a fifteen foot club of stone into Tyler’s body. Only, it broke over his body like glass as his Mythril was far more then any stone thing. Lillia was a little concerned.
“Is he using that?”
Kaori watched as Tyler dragged the now trying to run stone giant back to tear it’s ten foot wide head clean off it’s shoulders.
“No, Lillia. This is what happens when something ROYALLY pisses him off. He HATES these things so ferociously, that he’s not even thinking anymore, as all he can see are the creatures that hurt Sallie. Plus, now through Holy Muse, he’s met the girl, and seen just how sweet she was and just how loving she was, yeah, he’s lost it.”
Lillia watched as he was swinging his sword so fast she could barely see it.
“She means that much to him now?”
“the ability allows him to visit her in the spirit world every night, and he was able to grant the same to both me and Wulf, as we care for Tyler the exact same he cared for her. Malico, that’s what he meant when he said a friend to meet tonight.”
The cat girl just looked at the blonde.
“I see why you two have become so close now.”
Kaori smiled with pride.
“We have a spirit daughter.”
Malico looked at the massacre with new eyes.
“And not even the gods can protect monsters from a father’s wrath.”

Tyler crushed the last creature’s skull with his bare hands before looking to the still terrified girls hanging on a set of racks. He swung the blood off his blade, and approached the women. They just sobbed.
“Please, no more pain, just kill me.”
“Just kill me, please, it hurts,”
“I want my momma, please! Just let me go home!”
Tyler swung his blades and destroyed their vile restraints, catching each girl in turn and laying the naked ladies down. They just sobbed as they spread their legs, expecting another rape. Tyler lifted his palm.
“The Outcast has found you now. Holy Care.”
They gasped with both relief and shock at his name.
“The Outcast came for me?”
“I’m safe?”
“Thank the gods.”
Tyler then cast Holy Relief upon each one twice, until he was satisfied with their health. They were all young elves Lilla’s size, and Mountain elves as well. They just broke down in tears as they hugged their rescuer. Tyler hugged them tightly, before giving one his shirt, and having Kaori pass a pair of fur blankets for the other two. Then he lifted his Mythril vest, showing them his scars, and they gasped in horror,
“How? You suffered even more then WE did!”
“My family didn’t like me much. Were these the only things in this camp?”
A set of nods.
“Indeed. They didn’t go out on raids until noon.”
Tyler looked around,
“Search the place. I’ll get them to the wagon, and their hug death.”
The three ladies were all shaky on their feet, and held onto Tyler for support as they went back to the group. As they went, one girl had to ask.
“Hug death?”
“We got a girl that thinks nearly throttling a person is the best way to give a hug. TRUST me, their the most you have to fear now.”
The girls gulped at the fearsome sounding girl. They came to the group, where Yorlund took one look at the poor girls, and helped them into the wagon himself.
“You poor souls, you’re safe now.”
Tyler settled them into the wagon, as Sera grabbed the first one she saw in a hug that nearly throttled her, before attacking each girl in kind. They understood then.
“Hug death indeed.”
“Never been so scared of a hug before.”
The last girl, clung to Sera like a drowning man to a rock, as she just let the tears flow. Tyler sighed.
“I’ll go set the bodies on fire, and we’ll head for the next one.”
A freed captive looked at him.
“Next one sir?”
Tyler looked at her before heading off.
“I will kill them all. To the last creature.”
With that he was off to the camp to erase the vile creatures from existence. Sera was nodding sagely.
“He’s found a new hobby.”

Tyler returned to the camp just as the last body was thrown upon it. HE set it on fire using a breath attack before they left.
“Total?”
“45 silver. Ten banneds. A two foot pile of those spiked balls Lily uses for her forge, and one poison. The girls?”
“Sera has them in the grips of hug death.”
The group left then, leaving the pile of bodies to burn red with the fury of the one that had killed them. They returned to the group and mounted up as they headed to the next one. Thistle swapping places with Wulf as was the way the raids would work. Tyler was still enraged, and Wulf could sense the roiling emotion in him.
“I have not seen you with this much pure hate before, Tyler.”
“I’ve spent time with Sallie Wulf. That girl was as sweet, happy, and just such a joy to be around, and she had to suffer hell itself. But, the thing I hate most about it? Her hero LEFT her to die. In plain view of her as well. Let me tell you, Wulf, that SINGLE moment, when the one you had looked to all your life as a source of security, peace, the one that is supposed to protect you, when that person turns around and leaves you to your pain, even though you KNOW they have everything they need to help you, to stop the hurt, to save you from that hurt, seeing them just abandon you hurts you more then anything those vile creatures can do to you. I know that pain well, and is a mantra of mine to NEVER betray a friend, or ANYONE for that matter. It hurts, Wulf. And it was fully preventable. THAT is why it enrages me so. Plus, from the time I’ve spent with Sallie and Kaori in the spirit world together, we’ve become a spirit family, so that’s just more fuel to my fire.”
Wulf patted his shoulder, understanding.
“A father’s rage is a truly terrifying force to behold. Just remember Ignatia’s warning about spending too much time amongst the dead.”
Tyler sighed as he let his rage simmer down.
“I try, Wulf. But, dammit they didn’t have to die like that!”
Tyler could feel the pain he had felt at his first betrayal anew, and compounded with the betrayal of the girl he saw at night. Wulf patted him again,
“At least they can get to experience our travels with us. If they’d been alive, they wouldn’t have been able to travel with us.”
Tyler sighed again.
“You’ve a point there, Wulf. I think, this will be something that haunts me for the rest of my days. They may have forgiven me, but somehow, I can’t seem to forgive myself. It’s weird, I wasn’t even there, yet I feel like I was and did nothing to help them. There is nothing I could do to save them, even if I HAD known they needed me. Sallie I maybe could’ve, but that’s my heart. My gut says no, and my mind says maybe. And I feel even MORE torn up about Sylvia. My family were the ones that hurt her, and yet I carry that guilt myself.”
The ranger smiled.
“To think I once thought you a heartless monster after you told me about that elven girl in Term. Now you’re driving yourself insane over incidents you were not even in the same vicinity of.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I remember. I think it’s because I made it up to her the next day by giving her lead boy a handful of silver.”
Wulf looked at the road.
“My advice? Use those feelings to make up for their pain.”
“I will slaughter every goblin that draws breath. And those that harmed Sylvia will die screaming by our hands. That will be my redemption.”
Tyler then felt a pair of small girls hug him, even though he couldn’t see them. He then smiled.
“And we’ll take them on the best gods damned adventure that we can.”
Wulf looked over, and saw the faint outlines of the two girls hugging him tightly, with wide, happy smiles on their faces. He smiled then.
“Let’s hurry up. We’re nearly to the next camp.”
Tyler smiled with eagerness.
“Right.”
They found the next spot easily enough. Once the wagon stopped, the freed captives got nervous as sera hopped off the thing to join the raid. The princess waved.
“We’ll kill em all for you!”
Tyler, Kaori, Lucy the barbarian, Wulf and Sera all moved towards the camp. Tyler and Lucy would walk right into the camp and lay waste as the others would fire arrows from a high point. This camp was surrounded by rocks, with bits of wooden wall around it. Tyler climbed a tree, and saw another set of three girls hanging from racks. He hopped down, and nodded to his team. Tyler walked to the front gate, a ten foot tall wood and metal thing, grasped it, and tore it off the wall as he charged a shot.
“Blue demon dragon roar.”
He bathed the creatures within in a beautiful flame that once again encased the captives, while incinerating the other things entirely. Then Oblivion and Oathkeeper were in his hands as he started his walk of death, everything that came his way was slashed dead, while Lucy plugged the gate. Tyler was now channeling his rage into his reflexes and strength, as his arms moved in opposite directions slashing goblins dead as another giant rose to do battle. Tyler however, was not in a mood to play that game.
“Water slice.”
This was a weapon enhancement that used his path power and added it to his strength to coat his swords in water that added extra cutting force. He severed the things three foot thick legs cleanly before using a weapon skill.
“One handed smash.”
He severed it’s head cleanly before punching a goblin in the torso so hard the thing was launched into a rock and popped like a balloon dropped from a high building on pavement. Then the battle was ended. Tyler walked to the captives, released them, and healed their wounds.
“The Outcast has come for you.”
He then saw one’s eyes had been popped. HE looked at his spells, and got an idea.
“Holy Relief.”
He cast the spell that cured blindness, and it worked, and the poor girl blinked open a pair of eyes that were brightest of blue. She looked to see Tyler smiling at her.
“I…..can see!”
Tyler handed her a fur blanket.
“Not sure if those eyes were the ones you were born with, but I think you’ll like em regardless.”
The other girls all watched as he showed the girl her new eyes in a piece of reflective metal. The girl was another mountain elf, so her eyes should have been red. Yet, now she has a pair of the most beautiful blue eyes that seemed to pierce you to your soul when she looked at you. The girl just cried as she saw her new look, as with her dark hair, grey skin now combined with her new eyes, she looked beautiful. Tyler hugged her, and carried her back to the group as the others searched it. He placed the girl next to the others, and they all got hugs from fellow survivors as Tyler returned to the ruined camp. There, the bodies were lit aflame, and the total was 45 silver, one ruby, a few banneds, and another poison. The next two camps were destroyed as well, freeing six extra captives, another set of banneds, 100 silver between them, and a few poisons. Each camp Tyler tore apart, the less rage he felt. As if killings these things were soothing the roiling turmoil within him. Tyler sighed as they neared the last camp.
“I hate these things.”
He clutched Sylvia’s locket again, as it had become something he did now to steady himself whenever the rage had a hold on him. Some odd reason holding the thing was enough to relax him. They reached the last camp, and Tyler, Kaori, Wulf, and Malico dismounted. After this camp, it was a two hour ride to the capital gate. Tyler would walk through the front gate alone, and set everything that moved on fire. Tyler and his friends all climbed atop a rock to get a look at this camp, only.
“ANOTHER demon?”
A ten foot tall demon was using a naked woman’s back as a chair. Tyler smiled darkly.
“I NEEDED this.”
There were sixty creatures within the camp, and Tyler looked to his friends.
“The Demon will take this one.”
They all nodded and Tyler pulled his dual blades. He took a few steps back, before running forward, and launching himself over the wall into a stance. As the demon looked over amused, Tyler smiled.
“Demon’s wrath. Second Rage.”
Tyler vanished, and the first twelve creatures all turned into mist as Tyler was heard laughing.
“Come on hornboy! Come on! I’m reeeeeeaaaal pissed! Let’s play!”
Kaori just sat down, as his friends just looked at the small army turning to mist.
“Second rage? Don’t tell me it got an upgrade?”
Kaori was smiling darkly as the demon was cut to pieces before it’s heart was pierced.
“I think this is Tyler fueling the Wrath with his OWN wrath. They watched as the camp was absolutely destroyed by the wrath of the demon. The captives all cowered as Tyler stopped moving. He looked at them,
“I’d really appreciate it if you told NO ONE I can do that.”
They nodded dumbly. He smiled.
“Cool. Now, ladies, I’ll be back in five minutes.”
He fell over onto his back, spread eagled, and panting like a dog in summer. The girls all looked shocked, as his friends came over to both give him a kick, and care for the captives. Kaori kicked him twice.
“Second rage?”
He smiled as his chest stopped heaving like a bellows.
“It’s upgraded form. Boosts all stats by 150, and lasts for 15 minutes. I can use either the base form or this one. I can use the base twice a day, or this once. If I choose the first, I can’t use this one that day.”
He sat up,
“And the length of time of exhaustion for this is 8 minutes.”
He got up and cast his healing spells. Afterwards, he escorted them to the wagon.
“Seriously, Ladies. Don’t tell people I have an ability like that.”
They all nodded.
“we won’t.”
“We would not spit in the face of our rescuer like that.”
“What they said.”
They all took seats with the other girls, and got their dose of hug death before the camp was set alight. Tyler using a nearby stream to clean up before they rode on. Now he had Wulf right beside him and Kaori as well, for the gates of the city came into view. Cragspire had been built around a massive mountain peak easily twice the height of the tallest mountain in his old world, with a sprawling city built around it’s entire base encased by a massive outer wall. Tyler could see a four spired building near the base of the mountain, and Wulf smiled as he explained.
“That is Rock Temple Palace. My sister lives in the center tower, that extra thick one that looks like a clock tower? See it?”
Tyler spotted it easily enough.
“With all these rock-based names, if I’d heard the names before I’d met you, I’d say that’s a dwarven capital, not elven.”
Wulf chuckled.
“It is simply staggering how many have never heard of a mountain elf. Also fun as well.”
Tyler smiled, only to frown as he saw a small dust cloud headed their way.
“Tighten it up, we got riders headed our way fast.”
The party all readied weapons as Tyler used his Farsight to see who their guests were. He saw they were wearing leaf patterned armor the color of stone, carried leaf bladed swords, and ribbons on spears.
“Wulf, those royal guard?”
Wulf sighed hard.
“They are. That man in the lead? Warlund.”
“Understood.”
Tyler looked at him.
“Should we wait to tell him until he has his wife?”
“No need, she’s the second one from the left.”
“Understood. Sylvia, your parents came. Welcome home.”
He felt her hug tighten, even though he couldn’t see her. Tyler and his party waited for the guard to arrive. As they reached them, Tyler spoke first.
“I am looking for Warlund and Marlene Leechwood.”
The lead elf rode forward, a now grim look on his face as a female elf joined him. Warlund was a tall elf with an intensity in his gaze. Marlene had hair of fire and beautiful blue eyes. They both looked at the Warrior.
“Be you them?”
“Aye lad. What business do you have with us?”
“The worst kind.”
Tyler pulled the locket from under his Mythril and passed to the now tearing up parents.
“No. Please, tell me this isn’t?”
They popped it open, and saw the photograph. Tyler looked to the others.
“We need to have a word here. We’ll rejoin when they are able. You Guard, be aware, we have rescued goblin captives in the wagon.”
They all nodded as Tyler, Wulf, and the two parents rode to a small spot within a nearby stretch of woodland. There they dismounted and sat in the grass. Warlund held out the locket.
“Tell me everything.”
Tyler sighed deeply.
“About three days ride from here, me and my party happened upon a small traveler’s rest. So, we paid a visit. The family there, an elven family, Eustein, his daughter Rosie, and his wife that I did not learn her name, were all suffering form Water fever. I used my white path to heal them, and since I do not believe in good enough, investigated their water supplies.”
Tyler grabbed the grass in front of him as the rage started to boil again.
“The well they used for their baths was clean. Next we checked their outdoor well, only to find it fouled by something. I dragged the well with a net and pulled a week dead elven girl from the bottom. She had been raped repeatedly and tortured as well. That locket was also found with the body.”
Tyler’s fingers were making crunching noises as he crushed rocks in the dirt he gripped to powder, as Warlund and Marlene sobbed in grief for their little girl. Then he looked to Tyler through his grief.
“What did you do?”
“I laid that poor girl in her grave with my own two hands. I also bore the locket that she may know a true Warriors warmth, as it was Warriors that did that to her.”
There was a loud snap as something in the ground broke, and Warlund sensed something else.
“Who were they boy?”
Tyler took off his vest and his own scars were seen, as he looked at Warlund with his own tear filled eyes.
“My mother, sister and step father. Along with Kaori’s father. I know exactly what they did to her. For they did the same thing to me. Only I got to live.”
Warlund and Marlene could FEEL the boys pain, and felt a warmth for the boy that had found their little girl. Then Wulf spoke up.
“I was with him when we found her. We laid her to rest ourselves. We also swore by blood to end those vile monsters with our own hands. But. That was not all that happened.”
Tyler opened his HUD and passed it over. As soon as they saw the high lighted title, they gasped.
“Holy Muse?”
“You’ve seen our girl? Is she okay?”
Tyler smiled widely.
“She’s just fine. She’s actually become sisters with another small girl that died before she should have. And, she’s sitting right beside you. I can’t see her, but I can sense her presence quite clearly now.”
The two grieving parents placed their hands on top of the spot, and he sighed hard again.
“You’re patting her head.”
Tyler closed his eyes, and concentrated on Sylvia’s presence. When he did, he found he could hear her as if they were in the spirit world.
“Wow, it worked. She says she’s having fun on her new adventure.”
Warlund and Marlene looked at him shocked.
“You can hear her?”
“Oddly yeah. Oh, hold up, she’s explaining it. Since you two cared about her so much, and since I too care in a more extreme fashion, if I close my eyes and concentrate on her presence, I can hear her like when we’re in the spirit world together. Neat trick Sylvia. She also says if you hold my hands and close your eyes, you’ll hear her too, and feel her touch.”
The two did just that, and then they could also see the small girl in the center ow their circle. Sylvia was smiling as she hugged her parents.
“I’m okay, Mommy, Daddy. Tyler looks after me now.”
The two cried hard as they felt their girls touch once more.
“We’re sorry we let that happen to you.”
“we’re so sorry, Sylvi, please, forgive us.”
She giggled.
“You did nothing wrong. It’s those bastards faults I suffered like that. And Tyler and Wuly will make them cry tears of blood for it.”
The two parents gaped at their daughter’s language as Tyler shrugged sheepishly.
“Greeeat. I’m a bad influence even on spirits. Thanks a lot Sylvia. Oh, and since they’re going to kill me, see ya soon.”
The girl burst out laughing as her parents laughed as well.
“Hey! Can I join?”
Sallie came into view then, and Sylvia hugged her spirit sister.
“Of course Sallie! Mommy, Daddy, this is Sallie. We’re spirit sisters.”
“That’s kinda metal, girls. Just saying.”
Sallie hugged the two smiling parents.
“Tyler watches over us now. He plays with us every night too.”
Sylvia was heard giggling.
“He even brought Wulfy and Kaori to play with us!”
Warlund smiled at his daughter.
“Sweet heart, it looks like you get to experience your own adventure now.”
Sylvia hugged her father again.
“yup. It’s fun riding with the Outcasts. Even if Tyler’s torturing himself over us.”
Sallie then hugged Tyler.
“Seriously, let it go. YOU are NOT to blame here.”
“I can’t let it go. Not those that hurt you still draw breath. Even after they’re all dead, it will still bother me.”
Warlund and Marlene could feel through their shared connection the torture chamber he’d locked himself in over the deaths of the girls. Warlund chuckled inspite of his grief.
“Me boy, the way your grieving those girls, it’s like you were their father.”
Marlene was in agreement.
“It is truly beautiful to know you care so much for these two girls you had never even heard of before their deaths.”
Sallie and Sylvia hugged him.
“It’s why we like him so much. Guy’s a dense idiot, but nice.”
“Plus, he goes on the BEST adventures! He nearly made Ignatia shit himself! With a single yell!”
“Same thing with Furiosa. THAT was HILARIOUS.”
“We were laughing so hard, I think we made her mad.”
Warlund was smiling as the two girls chatted as Marlene sighed.
“It would seem her afterlife will be even BETTER then her actual life.”
Tyler smiled.
“That it will. And it will be for far longer.”
Warlund sighed as well.
“Sylvia. I love you, and we will miss you.”
“I love you too, Sylvia. I will miss you as well.”
Sylvia hugged her parents again.
“We can chat whenever Tyler comes to visit. As, well, he was gonna offer anyway.”
That got a chuckle, as Tyler smiled.
“Wow, it’s like you know me or something.”
Sallie was sitting in his lap.
“Dude, you ARE kinda predictable.”
“Wow, a spirit world burn. Least you’re learning something Sallie.”
She groaned.
“I’ll file this way for kaori to smack you for later.”
“Love you too, Sallie.”
“That one too.”
“Wow, harsh.”
She giggled.
“That one three!”
“And I’ll file this one for tickle torture later.”
She gulped, and looked to a laughing Sylvia.
“Sorry, Sallie. You made that bed, enjoy laying in it.”
Warlund and Marlene were also smiling.
“Okay, Warrior. We’ve made our peace.”
“Indeed. Thank you for this.”
“Sure. Sallie, Sylvia, we’re adding the cat to our night runs.”
“Yay!”
“I’ve sooooooo wanted to pet her fur!”
They let go, and opened their eyes. Tyler wiped his eyes, and so did Warlund and Marlene. Tyler smiled as he flet the two girls sit on his shoulders of all places.
“I’m glad that worked.”
Warlund offered his hand.
“Thank you for going so far for people you had never met.”
Tyler grasped his hand.
“And I’m sorry my family took her from you. She deserved far better then what she got.”
Marlene hugged him.
“And now she’s getting it. Maybe not the way you would like, but at least she’s safe and happy.”
Tyler hugged the woman.
“I suppose that’s what’s most important. Even if it still bothers me for some odd reason.”
Warlund understood.
“That’s called a father’s love me boy. Gods help those that makes our little girls cry.”
Tyler smiled.
“I never knew a father’s love, so, have no clue what it’s supposed to feel like. That said, you are right.”
Wulf had stood watch over the meeting. Now he spoke.
“I’ll see her as well. Maybe not as often as Tyler and Kaori will, but rest assured I’ll look after her as well.”
“Ah, Wulf? She just hung her head in shame.”
Wulf just sighed,
“And TRY to keep her from learning too much of his idiocy. Or to be as infuriating as he is.”
That got laughs from all, as Warlund looked to Tyler.
“Come on, lad. We’re keeping the ladies waiting.”
“Sure.”
The group mounted back up, with two small spirits joining them, and rode back to the group. They found the group waiting by the road, as a set of healers from the Guard that had rode out to meet the Warriors were looking over the freed captives. The girls all crying a little as they saw their nightmare was truly over. Before they rejoined the group, Warlund held out the locket to Tyler.
“Here. She loved that thing, I’d like it if you kept it close to her.”
He smiled as he replaced it under his mail.
“I will keep close.”
He had left his shirt with the girl he’d given it to, so as soon as the guards got a proper look at it, they gasped.
“Mythril.”
“This is a surprise for idiots. Appreciate it if you’d not tell anyone.”
His shirt was tossed back as the lady had been given a proper gown made from a spare buck skin they’d had, and when he donned it, the Mythril was perfectly concealed. The elves all chuckled at the tactic.
“Aye lad. A nasty surprise an no mistake.”
“Should see the reactions I get when a greataxe or sword just bounces off me. Priceless every time.”
Warlund and Marlene took up spots on either side of Tyler’s horse.
“We’re an honor guard sir.”
“Ah. Then, miss Marlene, I’m afraid you in Kaori’s spot.”
That got a laugh as the elf lady moved to allow the blonde her rightful place at Tyler’s right hand. He kissed her, getting a round of applause, before looking to Warlund.
“Let’s go make a scene!”
They all laughed at that as they rode to the city gates in style. As they approached, a blaze of blaring trumpets, horns and drums beat their arrival.
“HAIL! THE OUTCASTS!”
Tyler saw the walls were lined with thousands of cheering elves, humans, and others that lived in the city. Their cries sounding like a waterfall of noise that made Tyler smile as he nudged kaori.
“I got an idea.”
The blonde beauty smiled widely as Tyler drew in a breath while aiming at the sky.
“OCEAN DRAGON ROAR!”
He breathed a hundred foot tongue of flame in full view of the walls, making them go silent for the time the flames were visible. Then tyler pulled out Gliepnir, and waved the Mythril Magicite blade in view of all as he roared at the walls.
“HEY! SOMEONE TELL THE QUEEN THE OUTCAST HAVE COME CALLING! HEARD HER BROTHER GOT LOST, SO, HERE TO RETURN HIM!”
The crowd lost it, as Wulf groaned hard.
“There goes my hard earned reputation. Goodbye respect, and hello indignation.”
Lily was riding on his horse, and patted his leg.
“Don’t uncle Wolf, no one really respected you to begin with.”
Wulf just smiled as he patted her head.
“Glad I have you to tell me the truth Lily.”
Tyler and his party, along with Yorlund, his family, and the freed captives, were given a hero’s welcome as Tyler led them down the winding streets. Whereas Tyler got looks of awe and respect, Kaori got looks of awe, longing, jealousy, and respect. The roaring ocean of cheers doubled when Tyler pulled kaori over for a kiss in full view of the going wild crowds. Tyler would add to the spectacle by breathing his fire at regular intervals, alternating between red, green and blue. Although the beauty of his blue flames got more oohs and ahs then the cries of awe from the boisterous crowd. Warlund just shook his head at this boys antics.
“Lad, you sure know how to make an entrance.”
Tyler smiled as he spotted a small girl looking up at him with wide eyes as he passed. He waved as he went, and she gasped.
“I’ve always loved showing off. So this is a natural fit for me.”
That got a laugh, when a small girl got shoved hard into the lane they were riding through. The group halted as she hit he ground hard face down. Tyler looked to kaori and his group got the silent heads up as he got off his horse to help the fallen girl out of the puddle she’d fallen in. She wasn’t a mountain elf, as her skin was a light yellow, her hair golden, her eyes green, and her ears more pointed. She was wearing a ragged grey mock and tattered shoes. She was wide eyed in terror as she saw Tyler had helped her out of the puddle himself. She was bleeding from her nose, and was crying in shame.
“I’m sorry! I got pushed!”
“I saw. I know just what to do.”
Tyler lifted the small girl, and used his white path to both heal her, and cure her infection as he looked at the tall mountain elf in a fine silk robe with hate in his demon glare.
“YOU are a miserable man indeed to push a small girl not even the size of you calf down like that. Apologize.”
The man huffed. The WRONG response was then given.
“Why should I apologize to a mere slave?”
The atmosphere in the street went from a joyous, festive time, to a VERY brittle calm, as Tyler had a look of EXTREMELY strained calm as he looked to Wulf,
“Wulf.”
Every person on that street shuddered at the nearly exploding rage contained in his voice. The ranger gulped in fear.
“Yeah?”
“Is this a slave city?”
Every single person on that street was shaking. Wulf included as he found he’d forgotten to tell him.
“It is.”
“Outcasts, fuck em. We’re leaving.”
He looked at the slave owner.
“AFTER we slaughter these monsters.”
“Wait!”
Wulf was off his horse as Tyler sat the girl on his horse and drawn his blades, getting looks of terror from the onlookers. Wulf approached the now grinning with rage Warrior.
“It’s not what you think.”
“You sell slaves.”
Wulf was aware that if he did not play this right, the city would burn, for Tyler had made it PAINFULLY clear he hated oppressors of ANY kind.
“They are slaves, but they sell themselves. If they cannot afford a home or food, they can chose to sell themselves into slavery to support themselves. They get paid, fed, housed and clothed.”
Tyler looked at the girl.
“I cured a raging infection in her Wulf, and, I can see you’re leaving out something. Something you KNOW I will level this vile city over.”
He looked at Wulf, and the look of rage in his eyes was simply terrifying.
“Don’t you?”
Wulf gulped.
“We’ve been having a corruption problem. And slaves getting abused by owners.”
“Oh? Well then.”
Tyler walked right over, and grabbed the now screaming man and dragged him into the street. He looked to the girl on his horse.
“Miss? What has he done?”
She looked at the Warrior as Kaori took her arm.
“It’s okay sweetie, Tyler will kill him and keep him from hurting you again.”
She opened her mouth to speak, only for a crackle of lightning to encase her in a torrent of torture as she screamed in absolute agony. The man had only the time for a single scream before Tyler took his head clean off. Tyler looked at Wulf.
“You are cast out of the outcasts for this horror. Had I been aware of this city’s evil, I would NEVER have come here with those that AID the spread of slavery. Enjoy your new hell.”
The lightning had disappeared as soon as the man had died, and she was crying as Tyler healed her again.
“kaori, we got a city to burn.”
“WAIT! PLEASE!”
Tyler and his crew looked over to where a group of elves on white horses with a tall lady on the lead horse. Tyler pulled hid bow off his back and threw it to the ground with a heavy clack.
“Take the bow and shove it Tatiana. I regret coming to this vile city. Now, watch it burn.”
Tyler then started channeling his rage into his new attack, Roar of the Forest. The sheer power he was now radiating sent the queen into IMMEADIATE overdrive as she screamed at him.
“WULF WAS BORN A SLAVE! SO WAS I AND WILLOW! JUST LISTEN TO US, PLEASE!”
Tyler ignored her as his power was about to be unleashed,
“Love, look at her.”
Tyler looked, only to see her on her hands and knees as she begged him to let her explain. Tyelr sighed as he stopped charging.
“You get ONE chance, Tatiana. By the grace of Kaori. Fail, and all that will be left of this city, will be a crater.”
She gasped with relief.
“I am trying to abolish the slave trade, but nothing I do works.”
“Kill the owners.”
She looked at him.
“I can’t! They hold too much power-“
“Then just kill yourself, as it’ll be less painful for WHAT I will do to you for making us come all the way here. Have too much power? Bitch, that’s just an excuse. Your nothing more then a puppet too. Ishtar has the pope with a hand up his ass. YOU have slavers up your ass, and wherever else you let them shove it to you.”
Tyler looked to Kaori.
“Called another one. Let’s get this done and get the fuck out of here. Thank the gods Lillia and Sera chose to come with us, cause there is no WAY I’d leave them in a slaver city.”
He turned and was about to get on his horse when he felt an hand on his shoulder, he looked, only for the queen to be looking at him with tears in her eyes.
“Help me clean my city. Please.”
“Why the fuck should WE clean YOUR mess for you?”
She sobbed at the look of coldness in his eyes.
“Because you’re the only one who can.”
“Then do it yourself. Get off your ass and do it. I will NOT do it for you.”
Lillia and Sera came riding up to add their two cents.
“Our capital has it’s problems. But father has NEVER allowed slavery of ANY kind to take root.”
“And when Tyler gave him the same speech, he leapt to it himself. It’s why Tyler’s given him a little more wriggle room on his hook. At least he was willing to TRY.”
Tyler swung back onto his horse, as the streets had become deserted as the onlookers had realized this Warrior was NOT as merciful as their queen had been with slavers. Tyler looked to Warlund.
“I really want to say something, but, such evil is beneath me.”
He was swinging his horse around, and so was his party, when the queen spoke up again.
“Please, I need your help to do this right.”
Tyler sighed and looked at her,
“Are you willing to actually get off that throne you love so much?”
She had tears in her eyes.
“If I must.”
“You don’t fucking get it, do you? Getting off your ass is NOT a last resort. As soon as a problem arises, you get up, walk over, and fix it. You do with your own two hands. Anyone tries to speak up gets cut up. For those that would allow such evils to exist and seek to spread them are not worthy of the air they defile with their breath.”
The queen hung her head in shame as the Warrior admonished her, as wulf looked at him angrily.
“Our people started this practice to help the homeless and destitute. What would YOU have done?”
“Riiight. Homeless. I’d have given them jobs as aids in hospitals, hands to clean weapons for barracks, shops and smithies, or, ya know, OPEN THAT OVERSIZED BUILDING AS A FIRST RESORT. OR ANY OTHER BUILDING THAT HAD ROOM. As for the unlearned? Pay the homeless to teach them, as aids to teachers. Teaching is easy, you just have to WANT them to learn. Not to be mean, but if a pair of pampered, royal princesses can learn to survive in the wilds to the degree that Sera and Lillia can, then these poor souls can be taught as well.”
Wulf now also hung his head, as Thistle joined them on the ground in their shared shame. Then Tatiana sighed.
“I understand why Ishtar listened to you so readily. Your words cut deep, and ring with truth.”
She clenched a fist as she looked at Tyler with a fury in her eyes.
“What was that saying you taught Ishtar?”
Tyler smirked.
“It is better to be feared then loved, if one cannot be both.”
She was shaking with an unidentified emotion.
“I have fallen as low as a worm to grovel at the feet of another to protect MY people. When once I was a most feared elven Scout.”
She lifted Tyler’s discarded bow and held it out to him.
“Lets make a mess.”
Tyler got off his horse and walked over to her.
“Will you draw steel?”
She smiled a dark smile.
“No, boy. FIRE is MY weapon of choice.”
“Pretty bold words to one that breathes the flames of dragons.”
Wulf was also smiling.
“Allow me a chance to redeem myself here.”
Thistle was also smiling.
“I too, share this sentiment.”
Tyler took the bow.
“I will NEVER do a job for someone they themselves refuse to. That said, if they ask for AID in doing that job while doing the work BESIDE me, then we have a deal.”
Wulf and Thistle grinned as Tatiana blew a sharp whistle with her lips. Ten elven scouts appeared like magic. Tyler chuckled.
“You know I knew they were there this whole time, right?”
The queen shrugged.
“Still a neat trick though.”
She looked to one scout.
“My staff.”
“At once my queen.”
She looked to another scout.
“They meeting right now?”
“Indeed Milady.”
“Warrior, your orders?”
Tyler tilted his head.
“Need a map of the place.”
A scout produced one like magic. Tyler opened it.
“Thirty seconds.”
Te map was of a three story building near an intersection, with windows facing the street, a flat roof, and sheer walls.
“Number of men inside?”
“Thirty.”
“Guards?”
“Twenty.”
“Mages?”
“ten.”
“Captives?”
“150”
“Troops available for us?”
“Entire elven guard.”
“Alright.”
Tyler laid the map on the street so all could see it.
“Have in plain sight scouts here, here, here, and here. I’ll kick the front door with the queen, Wulf and Thistle. We’ll kill any that try to stop us. This the only house?”
“Every owner in the city is attending a live auction.”
“The rest of the party will follow after for both retrieval, searching, and captive care. No survivors. Kaori will also join the raid. After, mount the heads on pikes as a warning that slavery in this city is dead and buried. Got a problem? We got a pike. Issues or complaints?”
The queen had a long staff with a blood red ruby on one end.
“When can we move?”
Tyler rolled the map up.
“Now. Outcasts! Move out!”
Tyler was back in the saddle behind the now giggling small girl.
“You’ll stop them from hurting us?”
Tyler hugged her tightly.
“We will kill them all.”
Wulf came up beside him.
“I forgot to explain my home’s plight. We’ve been fighting these slavers for a century now, ever since the old king was overthrown. Nothing we did ever stuck, and my sister had been bound to the throne by a tradition that the rule CANNOT draw her weapon again.”
“If you had told me this earlier, Wulf, you’re city wouldn’t have been nearly reduced to rubble.”
The elf hung his head.
“I made a mistake. For that, I am sorry.”
Tyler sighed.
“Well, what’s done is done. Least the mess will be cleaned up the right way now.”
Wulf gritted his teeth.
“Indeed it will. You are a very harsh, unyielding, uncompromising man, Tyler the Outcast. But you do NOT lie. You are harsh, but fair. And you tolerate NO cowardice or excuses. For that, you earned my respect. All I ask is a chance.”
Tyler smiled.
“Depends on how many you kill in there.”
“Deal.”
Tatiana was next to ride up beside him, on kaori’s other side.
“My apologies for not warning you about our city previously. I had thought Wulf had already explained our problem, and you’d agreed to help.”
“You DID hear how I reamed Ishtar, right?”
She hung her head.
“I see your point. I was wondering why I was getting let off the hook so easily.”
Tyler sighed as he looked at her.
“NO one gets let off MY hooks easily. Except, Kaori, Sera and Lily. Everyone else, should they find themselves on my hook, will get a reaming, and have to bust their ass to get off it again.”
Lily was heard chuckling.
“Easily forgiven? As my future husband should be.”
“I included Lily on the list, since, ya know, ferocious elf girl with a hammer.”
That got a laugh as he looked to Yorlund.
“Sorry for ruining that for the girls.”
Rylie popped her head up to reply.
“NO True Warrior tolerates slavery.”
Kylie popped next.
“Yeah! Hey, can you pass her back here?”
Tyler smiled as the elven girl in front of him was passed like a giggling package to Yorlund’s wagon where she was placed within the now empty cart, as the freed captives had been taken to a nearby temple for more healing, prayer, and rest. The war party arrived at the building in question. Tyler got off his horse and drew his blades and started walking towards the front door.
“You better be able to use that thing Tatiana.”
She was right beside him, with Wulf on his other side and Kaori behind him with Thistle. The building was a large warehouse, with a ten foot door one the front. Tyler grasped the doors and tore them open, revealing an auction in progress. Tyler smiled darkly.
“Water wall.”
The spell raised the ten foot wall of water between the slaves for sale, and the buyers.
“Slavery is dead in this city. And it will be buried with you!”
Tyler and Kaori surged forward as Tatiana sent fireballs as Thistle swung her axe. Wulf fired arrows as the vile slave trade was dismantled by the severing of the head entirely. Not a single owner was left alive after the assault. Once the last fireball burned out, Tatiana walked outside to use her Power of the elven Queen to broadcast her voice to the entire city.
“My people. Today, a great victory was won for our freedom from the past. I stand here, outside the smoldering remains of the Slaver’s Auction, as not a single owner remains alive. This city will NOT tolerate slavery. I have waged this losing battle alone, and yet could never manage a victory.”
She looked to Tyler.
“Thankfully, one came to hold me accountable for my failures as a queen, a lady, an elf, and as a living being. He is a harsh, unforgiving, downright uncompromising young man. One I ma proud to call my friend and advisor. That boy is Tyler the Outcast. For so strong is his will to defend those that cannot defend themselves, not even a Queen is safe from his scathingly harsh criticisms. He never minced his words in his just chastisement of my failures, and NEVER said a single word of lie. Speak, Tyler the Outcast. Let them know you.”
Tyler was heard chuckling.
“I will NEVER help someone that REFUSES to help themselves. And I will NEVER do a job for someone they themselves refused to do. NO one is above this. If you’re wrong, I will either just kill you, or in the event of Kaori asking me to pretend to be merciful, will rip you apart with your failures. If you have a job to do, do it. Period.”
Tatiana spoke next.
“What more can you expect from the Dragon Ambassador? This city WILL NEVER hold another slave auction again. All slaves will be given proper employment, housing, and clothing. If you have a problem with this, the front gate is over there.”
She let the power go, as a roaring cheer was heard thundering from every corner of the city.
“OUTCAST! OUTCAST! OUTCAST!”
Tyler tilted his head.
“Huh, was kinda expecting a Long live the Queen thing.”
Tatiana smiled as she placed her staff upon her back.
“The city was aware of my failures. Yet, not a single soul knew just WHAT to do about it. Then you ride in, and in the middle of a parade I threw for you no less, and throw this city on it’s head. All for a girl you had never met, just because you saw her get hurt. My people are not idiots or blind. They saw EXACTLY where that sudden rage came from, but they were all too scared to step up and do something. Plus, the wielder of Eilisef’s bow himself was the one doing the chastising, and it was well known Eilisef’s vicious hatred for all things slavery, as she too was born a slave, and was tortured before she broke her own chains. So, you were already hailed as a fearless hero that would stand fast against all. NOW you have the reputation of being ferociously staunch in your defense of freedom for those that have none. Check your HUD for moment Outcast.”
Tyler brought it up, and saw an icon for a new title. He tilted his head.
“Warrior’s Council?”
Tatiana laughed.
“The only way to get that title is to call out TWO rulers of different countries on their failings, NOT LIE, and offer both a solution to their troubles, and be unyielding in your own ideals and convictions. Basically? You just got named the best one for a ruler of anything anywhere to talk to or ask advice.”
Tyler was looking at the stat boosts.
“Boosts perception, Mental fortitude and willpower. Totals are now: Perception: 750, Mental fortitude: 1500, Willpower 3500.”
The queen had to look at them herself, so extreme was her shock. She saw them and sighed sadly.
“No WONDER you were so forceful in you criticisms. You know what pain is.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I been there and done that a few times. Now, I got a question.”
The queen and Wulf looked at him.
“What?”
“This oughta be good.”
Tyler smiled as he jabbed a thumb at the carnage.
“We ARE throwing a freedom party for that, right?”
Tatiana burst out laughing as Wulf chuckled.
“See, dear sister? That mind is simply terrifying.”
The high Queen of the elves got her mirth under control as she wiped a tear away.
“We have a few things to do before we go wild.”
“Sure. Oh. I should warn you, but me and my party are expecting both another attempt by the church to claim our bounties.”
He then leaned in to whisper in her ear.
“And for someone to try for your life and have US take the fall for it.”
The Queen’s face hardened.
“So THAT’S why Glacious’ been so restless of late.”
“That your bed maid?”
That got a snort.
“My guardian dragon.”
“Yeah, I’mma need to see it toots.”
Tatiana laughed again.
“Very well. She’s in the Palace.”
Tyler looked and saw his party all accounted for.
“Let’s mount up.”
His crew mounted up as Yorlund chuckled.
“Well lad, we’ll take our leave now.”
Tyler shook the man’s hand as Sera hugged Rylie and Kylie.
“Take care Yorlund. Watch those girls.”
“Will do lad.”
Tyler and his party followed the queen to her seat of power, and Tyler finally noticed she was riding a white unicorn. The mystical horse flicked it’s head as it saw Tyler had just BARELY noticed, as if to say: You just noticing I was here? Tyler shook his head as he then noticed the Queen was wearing a red gown now stained with the water from her pleading for her city to NOT be turned into glass. Kaori came up beside him to take his hand.
“I’m glad we could help those poor souls.”
Tyler sighed.
“We’re not done yet. Remember the tropes that accompany that kind of mess?”
Kaori gave a disgusted sighed.
“Ugh, now I do.”
“If an official speaks up, I’ll dissect their soul. With razors for my eyes.”
Kaori nodded and flipped her ponytail at the rest of the party, and they all got the heads up to not let their guard down. They stabled their horses under Kaori’s watchful eye, before Tyler flipped the Ferrier 20 silver. A gesture the Queen and the lad both picked up on. Then they walked into the grand hall of the palace. The main interior was a large hall with silvery pillars supporting a grand arched roof with stained glass windows that filtered light onto a scaled throne at the end of a long hall with an upper floor, a set of stairs near the half way point in the hall, and numerous doors lining the walls. Tyler took one look at the setup and sighed.
“Yup. This REEKS of a setup.”
Kaori took a step beside him.
“You thinking Lord of the rings?”
“More GoT.”
“I agree.”
Tatiana was in the lead as a voice called out to her.
“Your Elegance! How could you?”
An elf in a white robe came striding over to meet the Queen and the party. The elf had such a look of horror on his face, that Tyler smiled as he to stand beside the Queen. Tatiana smiled as well.
“Councilmen Timber. Whatever do you mean?”
The elf stood before his queen, and Tyler began his search as he spoke to his queen in a wheedling voice.
“Lady Tatiana, you raised your weapon again! When you swore you would never touch it again! And against your own people no less!”
“Timber, right?”
The elf looked at a now smugly smiling Tyler. He huffed.
“Hush Child. This a conversation for rulers.”
“Must suck to know all your business partners are now feeding the worms. AND you just lost access to those toys you soo love to torture in your free time. YOU were placed on her Council along with a decent amount to fight the Queen into submission on anything and everything remotely resembling reform or abolition of the slave trade. You would be given coin, and your pick of each crop to both sate your own evil lusts, and to grace your bed on the nightly. You got off on their pitiful screams of pain and begging, as you yourself did the same when your father would visit YOUR bed chamber at night. How’s it feel to sit down on anything every time and feel him inside you? You KNOW you loved it, as it was the only times you ever truly felt like he loved you-“
“STOP! Please! No more!”
Timber’s mind was shattered by Tyler’s dissection of his soul like he WAS him. The elf dropped to the floor and curled into a ball, as Tyler continued.
“It musta hurt the night your mother joined in the nightly visits as well. Or when she got herself fitted with that toy to take you herself like your father always did. And you know what? You liked it even more.”
“Stop. Please stop. No more. Please stop.”
Tyler laughed,
“The others placed on the council with you?”
“ I’ll talk daddy, I’ll be a good boy, I promise.”
Tyler laughed as he looked to a horrified Tatiana, as Vixen was heard shuddering.
“He did the exact thing to me to win a Joker’s Wild hand.”
Kaori tapped the Queen’s arm.
“It’s a trick he does. One look into your eyes is all it takes. And he can dissect your heart, your mind, your very soul as if he WAS you. Then he can use all the fears, haunts, every regret you have to utterly unhinge your mind. He made a guy kill himself after one such dissection.”
Kaori smiled as she watched Tyler searching the mentally shattered elf.
“As strong and powerful as he is, it’s those eyes that are his most terrifying weapon.”
Tyler was still smiling as he cut a ring of Licenses off the man’s ring with Oblivion to flick to Kaori. The blonde flipped through as Tatiana addressed Tyler.
“That was the most disturbing thing I have witnessed in years.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I can do to you at will. And it’s a very useful trick.”
the Queen looked to her brother, who shrugged.
“You get used to it. Kinda sorta.”
Tyler left the broken elf to look at the Queen.
“Soo, this dragon?”
The queen sighed.
“Very well.”
Kaori passed a few licenses to Malico as the party went on their way, leaving Timber to his newly retorn scars. Tatiana led the party to her throne, as a thirty foot long dragon that stood ten feet tall lifted her head to look at the group from behind the high backed chair.
“I see you’ve brought visitors Tatiana.”
The dragon’s voice was far lighter and warm than the previous dragons Tyler and his crew had encountered, and her scales were a most curious multi-colored like an opal. Tyler tilted his head.
“A crystal dragon?”
She looked at him with amusement.
“You know dragonkin, Ambassador. I am indeed a crystal dragon. My name is Glacious. An honor to mee the one thought so highly of by our leaders.”
Tyler smiled at the crystal dragon.
“And same to you, Glacious the crystal dragon. Wow, that some’s ring.”
She chuckled as Tatiana was handed a list from a cloaked scout. She took one look, and smiled.
“It would see timber has pointed to over a hundred others for their role.”
Tyler smiled as well.
“Shall I dissect them as well?”
“No need. Timber was their leader. Once he was broken, the rest all but killed themselves.”
Tyler looked at the dragon.
“Still feel like there’s a nasty surprise in store for us here. So, ya know, heads up.”
The dragon growled.
“I have tasted dark machinations in the air as of late. Hearing you share the same feelings has settled the matter for me.”
The dragon lifted her head to fix Tatiana with an eye that reminded Tyler of the opals he and his party had.
“Tatiana, wartime procedures. Not a request.”
Tatiana sighed.
“So be it.”
She raised her voice to the Palace.
“Glacious has tasted danger in the air. Set the city to wartime procedures, place emphasis on all within the palace.”
A set of thirty shadows were seen moving like wraiths as Tyler went to stand before the dragon.
“Let me look into your eyes, Glacious.”
THAT got a low growl.
“You DARE question my loyalty?”
“With the SOLE exceptions of those that arrived with me, this ENTIRE city is on my list of suspects and potential threats. Even you.”
She roared at him with a fury, and Tyler just glared at her with his demon’s glare, as he channeled a little of his rage into it.
“Don’t you give me that shit, dragon. Me and my party have worked TOO hard to get where we are. Now. You have two choices: 1: Cut the dragon pride routine and let me see if you’re as loyal as you claim.”
She was on her feet, wings raised, and tail swishing.
“Or what?”
Tyler moved like lightning, grabbing the dragon by the neck and pinning her to the floor with Gleipnir pressed under her throat. Now effectively helpless, she could only squirm.
“Or I add dragon slayer to my list of titles. Make a call.”
All present in that hall were speechless at the sight of Tatiana’s dragon guardian so completely outmatched by the Outcast’s strength. Wulf was shaking his head.
“That man has put BOTH Furiosa and Ignatia on the defensive with but a yell. Glacious, as he is now, you are no match for him.”
Tyler had her pinned by a long spike on her neck, as he was holding her, he realized something.
“Wait, hold up. You’re not a true dragon, are you?”
Glacious froze like she was made of ice. Everyone in the room went pale as Tyler let her go. Tyler tilted his head as he slung Gliepnir across his shoulder.
“A Greater Dragonling? No. No member of the dragonkin would be THAT foolish to openly defy one such as me when I carry the titles of Dragon Friend to three of the Lords of the Skies as well as Ambassador.”
He looked at the shock in her eyes.
“A shapeshifter? Seriously?”
Tatiana was backing away to stand within Tyler’s party.
“No, Tyler. Glacious is indeed a true Dragon. She’s a young crystal dragon. She will only get as big as a royal transport wagon. I rescued her myself and she swore a dragon’s blood oath to protect me. THAT’S AN IMPOSTER!”
Tyler smiled widely.
“A doppelganger. A demon of mimicry.”
Tatiana breathed a sigh of relief.
“Glacious lives, for a doppelganger needs to keep the original alive to take it’s form.
There was a laugh.
“Indeed elf queen. But I got what I wanted.”
The fake crystal dragon glowed as it transformed into Tyler’s twin, complete with his own equipment. Tyler just laughed.
“Welcome to MY hell.”
The anti-Tyler tilted his head and replied in his voice.
“Why can’t I read your eyes like you do to others?”
“Did you get my memories?”
“No I did not. This only copies abilities and stats.”
“My eye reading is NOT skill I got here, pretender. It’s a skill I learned back in MY world. Along with a few other tricks.”
Tyler surged forward to swing Gleipnir, only for the doppelganger to block the strike with it’s own Mythril blade.
“I got all your skills and abilities!”
Tyler smiled, and reversed grip on his blade,
“yet, did you get MY mind?”
Tyler twisted his blade around, locking the enemy blade against his vest, before dropping backwards on his knees. The result was him bending in a most disturbing manner to flip the thing over his body, land on it’s back, and to see Tyler stab it in the head, as he tore the vest out of the way. He stabbed it in the heart as it was still recovering from the most bizarre counter it had ever seen. Tyler was laughing as he watched it burn.
“There is only ONE way to become like me, demon: You need to have MY mind, AND MY MEMORIES. But, if ya did, you’d be too busy screaming to even raise a sword.”
The thing vanished, and a large glow was seen in it’s place, as the sound of breaking chains were heard, flowed by a heavy thud. Then the light died, revealed the REAL Glacious the crystal dragon standing there. Tyler held out a hand as Tatiana went to hug her.
“Not yet.”
Tyler walked to the crouching beast.
“Let me look into those opal eyes.”
She looked up without hesitating as Tyler peered deep. HE only needed ten seconds before patting her.
“Yeah, yer clean. Welcome back to hell Glacious.”
The dragon was the exact same as the demon’s copy. Though, her eyes seemed to be softer. She pressed the tip of her jaws into his forehead.
“Thank you for freeing me.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Let me guess, it borrowed Tatiana’s form to get within touching range.”
The dragon rumbled.
“Indeed. I had no clue what just happened, as next thing I knew, I was locked within a floating cage I could not break. From within I could see what he did with my form.”
Tatiana came forward and hugged her dragon friend. Tyler smiled as he felt his bad feeling vanish like smoke. He looked at Kaori.
“All we need to be on alert for now is a visit from the church.”
They all nodded as Tatiana looked to Tyler.
“Yet again, you’ve done the elven kingdom a service. This time, you just saved the queen herself from a would-be assassin.”
She sat in her throne, as a scout arrived with a scroll. Tatiana opened it, and smiled as she handed it to Tyler.
“It would seem the church was found.”
Tyler took the scroll, and laughed.
“It would seem, that a set of agents from the human church had infiltrated the guild hall, the Palace servants, and a hospital under orders to both sabotage the Outcasts reputation, assassinate the queen and make it look like Tyler did it, and do everything they could to make live miserable for them. They were consequently killed to the last man.”
Tyler smiled as the last of his bad feelings now left him as well.
“Alright. That’s it for my bad feelings. Every remain on guard, though, for when the guard is lowered is when the dagger gets you.”
They all chuckled.
“Sera, Lillia and Lily do NOT go ANYWHERE alone. Groups of two minimum. And by two, I mean Wulf or Vixen.”
Another round of nods. Tyler looked to Tatiana.
“Me, Kaori, Malico and Wulf have news. And a full.”
The Queen nodded.
“I understand. So you know, my scouts will be patrolling this city every fifteen minutes, and every time someone sets foot outside, thirty unseen will shadow their steps.”
“Still want at least two of my crew with them.”
She smiled.
“Of course.”
Tyler and those named went with the Queen, as the others would explore the Palace together. Glacious had retaken her spot behind then throne, and curled around it.
“I missed this spot. Sooo comfy!”

Tatiana led the group into a side room with a desk and set of chairs. The queen sat at the desk as Tyler and his friends claimed seats. Malico placed their full ring of banned spells on her desk, and she gave them a new ring three times it’s size. She then sighed.
“What’s the news?”
“The pope has enslaved airship crews to take sky sharks from the dragons in an attempt to discredit the crown and usurp control. I also informed Ignatia of a potential for a trap at the Meeting of the Skies. That was what that warning was for. So. Any airship that wants off the ground WILL subject to a thorough examination and search by a dragon appointed white path before being allowed off the ground. In the event of the crew being slaves, that ship is grounded. The slaves either imprisoned or killed depending upon the type of enslavement. And the ship company behind it is to also be thoroughly examined as well.”
Tatiana sighed.
“Furiosa has already informed me of this deal. The airship companies are fighting me on this tooth and nail.”
“Shut them down then. NO ships get off that ground until they agree. If they keep refusing, play the disobeying the queen card, and seize them period. If they STILL resist, kill them all.”
Tyler fixed Tatiana with an intense glare.
“I will NOT get caught between a war between humanity and dragons. And Tatiana. We literally JUST had a similar issue not even two hours ago.”
She glared at him.
“I have towns in the mountains that will STARVE without the airship deliveries! I can’t afford-“
“Bitch! Seize the fucking airships themselves and crew them with elven guard! Jesus Christ in a hand basket, are YOU a queen or am I the damn king here?”
She dug her fingers into the desk.
“It would seem I’ve fallen lower then I knew, if such a simple solution escaped me.”
Tyler was rubbing his temples in frustration.
“Lady, this the SECOND time in the three hour span I have been in your city I have had to TELL you HOW to be a fucking leader. How the hell did you get put on- oh.”
Tyler sat back and looked into her eyes. Tatiana froze in horror as she saw his gaze lock with her own. Then he sighed.
“You DIDN’T want to be queen. You were put on throne because every councilmen all but forced you to sit in it.”
Tyler held his aching head.
“And you’ve bitched and complained about the unfairness the whole time. Truth be told, you let the council run this country so you can play and frolic and bed your hand maidens.”
Tyler just started laughing at her.
“No fucking WONDER slavery took root in this city. No fucking wonder a demon just waltzed in here.”
Here he leaned in to glare at her.
“No wonder poor Sylvia was kidnapped off the fucking street. You knew, Tatiana. Didn’t you?”
His voice had a most dangerous of under currents as Tatiana collapsed into her seat as Wulf looked at her in horror.
“Tatiana. You knew? And did nothing?”
Tatiana just burst out into tears as she replied.
“I did know, Wulf. I WANTED to sent the entire guard after her, but the council ignored my pleas.”
Tyler got up, grabbed the black spells, flat out ignoring the excoriating pain as he gave them back to a shocked Malico.
“You no queen, Tatiana. Just a woman with a craven heart that likes a tall chair. YOU let her suffer like that. Just like Charlotte let Sallie die. Pfff, that’s it. I am DONE with this fucking city and I am DONE with you. Let’s go.”
He went to walk out, when she grabbed his arm,
“Let go, lady, or I’ll CUT it off.”
“Please, teach me how to be strong!”
Tyler looked at her,
“YOU? Strong? Grow a fucking spine first.”
He walked to the door, as his party went to follow him, when he sensed Sylvia’s presence blocking the doorway. HE sighed.
“I can sense you have something to say, Sylvia. Alright. Gimme a sec.”
HE sat on the floor as Tatiana looked at him in shock.
“What do you mean, sha as something to say?”
Kaori had a look of disgust on her face as well when she turned to look at her.
“He’s a Holy Muse.”
Tatiana gasped in shock as Tyler closed his eyes and concentrated on Sylvia’s presence. He then could see and hear her clearly as she sat in his lap.
“Your being very cruel to her.”
He sighed.
“I have a very special hatred for people like her. They ruined our old world with this bullshit, and I was left to my pain dozens of them as well.”
Sylvia hugged him.
“I see. But throwing me in her face like that, and that comment to daddy, hurt me as well. You’re taking out your own rage on them. And that’s not fair.”
Tyler hung his head as he saw she was right.
“I’m sorry, Sylvia. It seems my mind is getting poisoned again.”
She sighed as she rested her small head against his chest.
“Remember this was my home, okay? I’d like it if you could make it a happy place again. For me?”
HE hugged her tightly.
“I’ll try to, Sylvia. But, I have a limit.”
She smiled at him.
“I know you do, but at least TRY. If it turns out that this city is truly beyond hope, then you have my permission to walk away. For like you said, you’re NOT here to babysit this world.”
He smiled as he hugged her tightly.
“Thanks for helping me get my head out of my ass, Sylvia.”
She snorted.
“Kaori’s awesome, but she can’t do it alone.”
He laughed,
“Oh, and hi Sallie.”
The green haired spirit giggled as she too got a hug.
“Can’t have YOU feeling left out.”
Both girls giggled as he let his power go and stood up. He then looked at Tatiana.
“be thankful Sylvia is a far kinder soul then me. Very well, Tatiana. You want strength? Let me ask this.”
She gulped.
“What?”
“How far are you prepared to go to make your point?”
She began trembling.
“What do you mean?”
“I torture bandits to get the locations of their camps. I dissect people with my eyes to shatter minds. I even once mugged an elven girl to get coin for a nights meal and rest.”
Tyler strode across the room as he spoke.
“I am all too willing to stick my hands in the blood and mud to get done what must be done. I do not care what others besides my crew think of me or my actions. Keeping Kaori alive is my number one priority in this world, and so, to that end I will do whatever I have to. Now. How far are you prepared to go to make your point?”
Tatiana was slowly backing away from the Warrior’s gaze as he neared her desk. Tyler stood on the other side of her desk, and looked at her.
“I promised Sylvia I would try to help you. But. In the same breath, she told me that if this city is truly beyond hope she would NOT hold it against me if I walk out that door and leave you to rot.”
Tatiana gulped as she quaked in her boots behind the desk.
“I’m scared.”
Tyler sighed.
“And what will you do with that fear?”
She gulped again, as her red eyes were wide like a frightened child’s.
“Look, Tyler, I have no idea how to be strong like you are.”
“I thought you were once a feared adventurer?”
She sighed as she looked at her staff.
“I was only feared because of my powerful path. Those that knew me all said I was a coward.”
Tyler looked right at Wulf. HE sighed.
“My sister is a very timid soul. She would rather bend the knee then raise a fist.”
Tyler placed his hands on the table before he outright strangled the lady.
“Why o why wasn’t Willow put on the throne instead?”
Wulf chuckled.
“In all honesty? She wanted to be queen. Problem was the council has to elect the queen themselves.”
Tyler tilted his head.
“DOES Willow STILL want to be queen Wulf?”
The ranger saw where he was going.
“Indeed she does. She’s often called Tatiana out saying she should hand the crown over to her, that way the kingdom would have an ACTUAL ruler.”
Tyler nodded,
“Alright. That’s the solution.”
Tyler fixed Tatiana with his gaze.
“Why haven’t you handed the crown to Willow?”
Tatiana sighed.
“Because the council threatened to have her assassinated if I handed her the crown out from under them."
"Is that right? Well, there’s an easy way to fix that.”
Tyler stood upright.
“Tatiana. You have NO business on that throne. A leader like you is just a puppet for those that can fit their hands up your ass. Now. Wulf will oversee your call to Willow, and ensure the crown is passed. I will deal with the council. Afterwards, Willow will be queen, and Lily will be a princess.”
That got an affectionate laugh from all. Kaori just shook her head.
“Nice gift.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I can’t wait to hear her response when I tell her I made her a princess.”
HE looked at a quivering Tatiana.
“Do you any issues with this plan?”
She gulped.
“What will happen to me?”
“I’ll ask Willow to indulge your easy lifestyle. Actually, use a crystal to contact Logrian. Kaori needs to give him a heads up as well.”
Tatiana nodded and pulled the crystal over and activated it. Kaori hugged Tyler.
“Thanks for not forgetting.”
He kissed her.
“Like I said, Kaori. MY number 1.”
Malico had remained silent the whole time, but seeing Kaori bent over in front of her like that was a little TOO much for her to resist, and she caressed her rear.
“Ohh, I wanna play with you Kaori.”
Kaori smiled and leaned forward a little more,
“hey, Tyler.”
HE cocked an ear as she whispered into it.
“Invite Malico to our room tonight, but DON’T tell her I’m in there. We’ll surprise her together!”
HE smiled as he patted her.
“As you wish.”
Then both he and Kaori looked at a now nervous Malico,
“Umm, why are you looking at me like that?”
They both leered at her busty form.
“Oh, no reason. Just checking out the hot kittycat.”
“uh-huh. I wanna taste! But I’ll be patient.”
Malico gulped as her tail was waving nervously at the now hungrily-gazing-at her form couple. Their teasing had to end as Logrian’s image appeared.
“Milady?”
“Fetch willow, Logrian. Me and my sister need to have a private discussion.”
“At once your highness.”
She sat in her chair as the man left the crystal. Tatiana looked at Tyler.
“Will this work?”
Tyler looked at her.
“You said the people are aware of your failings.”
She nodded.
“They are. They have even sent petitions for me to hand the crown to another.”
“They have a pick?”
She smiled.
“Willow. She was always regarded as the one that should have become queen.”
“Surprised that jackass wasn’t an option.”
He jabbed a thumb at Wulf.
“Our rulers are Queens. Kings are second in power.”
“Like I said. He’d make a great Queen!”
Wulf straight up slugged him as the ladies lost it.
“I am going kill you one of these days.”
“Wow, he even HIT’S like a- ya know what? I am not gonna finish that thought.”
Kaori had a sweet smile of maliciousness as she patted his back.
“A very wise choice sir. Very wise.”
Tyler smiled as Willow’s burly form appeared in the crystal.
“What sis?”
Tatiana gulped.
“You alone?”
“Lemme check.”
Tyler smiled as Willow pulled a small hunk of metal, and threw it at the door, getting a hefty thunk, followed by her yelling.
“I tol you to get the hell away from the door! Pull it agin and I’ll throw an axe!”
She looked at the queen.
“Now I am”
Tatiana took a deep breath.
“I’ll hand the crown to you.”
Willow dropped her kerchief, so great was her shock.
“What brought this on all of a sudden? Last time I offered you nearly banished me from the capital period!”
Tyler took it from there.
“I can explain that, Willow.”
The mother to Lily chuckled.
“Ahh, now I see. First off. Hows me girl?”
“Still scaring the hell outta me with her fire. She’s safe and having fun.”
She nodded approvingly.
“I didn’t raise no damsel. So, why now?”
Tyler spent the next twenty minutes explaining.
“yeah. I was all for just walking out that front door, when a spirit I’m close to through an ability told me to at least try. But, I can’t make iron out of tin here.”
Willow was nodding as he’d explained.
“I see you don’t play those court games.”
“Nope.”
“I’ll borrow that airship the elven guard came on and be there in a day.”
Tatiana had another idea.
“Sister, we need you here faster. I’ll ask Glacious to bring you here herself.”
Tyler smiled widely.
“Now THAT is something I wanna try.”
Kaori burst out laughing.
“Don’t tell me you JUST thought of that now?”
Tyler looked at her.
“I did, and yes I’m pissed as well.”
Willow looked at Tyler.
“So, the council?”
“Will either shut the hell up, or die.”
Willow tilted her head.
“My own thoughts? Disband them. Those lousy chair riders have been ruining our capital for centuries. Actually, if I ever got the crown, that was to be my first degree, that the council disband and the members banished. They’re all snakes.”
“That works too. I’ll rally my party for then hand off, and tell lily I made her a princess.”
Willow nodded again.
“I’ll have guard move me smithy to the capital.”
“I’ll have Glacious take off.”
Tatiana left with Wulf to sent the dragon on her way. Tyler looked to Willow.
“I’ll ask you the same thing I asked Tatiana.”
The mother to Lilly looked him in the eye,
“That be?”
“What are you prepared to do to make your point?”
She smiled.
“Thing about iron, is you need to hit it really hard a bunch of times before it learns you’re in charge. So lad, to answer your question? Any that cause me grief get wacked with me hammer.”
“Good answer. Oh, and have Logrian come in for a sec.”
“Aye lad.”
The mayor came into view.
“Have you need of me?”
Kaori appeared next.
“You should be aware you received a bad shipment of horse feed. It’s contaminated with tapeworms.”
HE groaned.
“Our horses HAVE been acting odd of late. Least now we can help them.”
“We’ll be passing through within the next few days, so I’ll be able to lend my spells. Kaori her expertise.”
He smiled gratefully.
“We’ll expect you.”
Tatiana came back into the room.
“She’s airborne.”
Tyler smiled.
“Is the council meeting right now?”
“They are. They’re currently discussing whether or not to throw you and your party out for disrupting their city.”
“Well, what a coinkidink. I’ll go say hi.”
Tyler and his four friends got up.
“Willow, I’ll go let the council know they’re done.”
“I’ll grab me hammer.”
The crew followed Tatiana to the council chamber on the other side of the hall. There were a pair of elven guard standing outside the doors. At the queens approach, they crossed their spears.
“Sorry, Milady. You know the rules. You’re not allowed inside the chambers during a meeting.”
She literally went to walk away, only to be fixed with the incredulous looks on the party’s faces. Tyler grabbed the crown off her head and put it in her hands.
“Jesus lady. Hold that thing. It has no purpose on that head.”
Tyler walked forward, only to get the same thing.
“Sorry, Outcast. You tooooooo!”
Tyler just booted the doors in, taking the two guards with it. He then strode into the hall amid a flurry of horrified gasps and whispers. Then an elf in a golden robe stood to confront the Warrior.
“You barbarian! This is a place of law! See my fellow councilmen? THIS is exactly my point! He has no place within our walls!”
Tyler walked right over to the man, grabbed him by the shoulder, and flipped him out of his pew and onto his back with a very heavy thud. Tyler looked around at the raised circle of benches.
“Alright idiots. By the order of the new queen Willow. Yer council is hereby disbanded. Now, ya got two choices here. Either shut up and leave the capital under your own power, or be dumped in a potter’s field. Make a choice.”
An elf looked to the silent queen, and raised a hand to his neck where a hidden ring of licenses hung, only for Tyler’s dagger to magically grow out of his head. Wulf was there to drag the now dead elf into the center of the now terrified gathering, and pull a few licenses out. He held up a set of banned blacks.
“These are all duplicates of those that cheat tired on Kaori.”
Tyler chuckled as he looked at the now terrified man under his foot.
“Let’s see.”
He tore the man’s ring off his neck, and looking him right in the eye, flipped through as he got burned. He then tossed it to Malico.
“Whole thing is banned.”
Tyler raised his foot to kill him, when Kaori had a thought.
“Hey, wanna spin this to Willow’s advantage?”
Tyler looked at her, then to the fallen council member. He smiled then.
“hey, Kaori. Didn’t Willow ask us to look into the council? I remember her saying she wanted me to examine them myself.”
Kaori, Wulf and Malico all picked right up on it.
“Yeah, she did.”
“It would seem her suspicions were correct.”
“Willow was always sharp.”
“She ain’t just a pretty face!”
Wulf and Tatiana snorted.
“I can hear her saying that.”
“As can I.”
Tyler looked around at the now ashen faced former council members.
“Alright then. Rally.”
Tyler placed his fingers to his lips, and blew a massive blast that reverberated around the chamber like an amplifier. The blast lasted two full minutes before he let it go. Within minutes, the remainder of his party came in with weapons drawn. Tyler looked at the man under his foot and nodded to Lucy.
“SHE’S A barbarian.”
Tyler then looked at them.
“We got an issue here. Search every person in this room. Lily. Willow is on her way. And, if you need to know why, look at Tatiana’s hand.”
They all did, and seeing her holding her silver crown in her hand spoke volumes about what was to take place. Lily gasped as it clicked.
“I’m a princess?”
Tyler smiled at her.
“Surprise.”
Sera squealed as she hugged her friend.
“Lily! HE made you a princess!”
Lily just hugged her back as she looked at Tyler in absolute shock.
“Why?”
Tyler smiled fondly at the mind blown girl.
“You DID say you had a queen fantasy.”
She walked over and hugged him tightly.
“I always wanted to be a princess.”
Tyler lifted her up as he hugged her.
“Glad you’re happy.”
She chuckled.
“Nice to see my future husband knows how to spoil as well.”
Tyler just laughed at her.
“Only the ones that LIKE to be spoiled.”
here he looked at Sera.
“And WON’T let it go to their heads!”
The poor singled out girl bawled.
“hey! Why me?”
“You seemed the type.”
Sera stomped her foot as Lillia sniggered.
“Scary thing? He’s not wrong!”
Sera looked at her with large eyes,
“Lillia! Meeean!”
Tyler let her off the hook,
“Love you too Sera.”
“Yay!”
Tyler chuckled as Lucy came over with five full rings.
“We’re only half way done.”
Tyler sighed.
“Okay, make a pile on the floor.”
There was a loud cry of surprise as Glacious returned with Willow wearing black leaf scale armor and wielding a large hammer. The mother to Lily came in and saw the pile of rings on the floor.
“What are those?”
Tyler then explained as his crew added another five full rings. Once she was brought up to speed, both on the licenses and her ‘request’ to investigate the council, she smiled.
“yer a canny lad. The people will see Tatiana as a poor woman that got forced onto a throne of a needles, and get forced to watch her home be ravaged. And they’ll see me as the watchful one that could not stand by, and so sent in one that could make the difference. Well played.”
Tyler smiled as his crew finished their search. All told, twenty full rings of licenses of banned spells taken from thirty council members. And every ring holding forty individual spells each. Tatiana used her power to make her face and her surroundings be seen. Once the broadcast was ready, she sighed.
“My people. I use this power with a heavy heart. For it would seem that we have all been lied to, and taken advantage of. I am standing within the Council Chamber with the Outcasts and my sister willow, as thanks entirely to her concern for our capital, the Outcasts have uncovered a horrible secret. The council has been using banned black spells upon me, and the city itself in order to serve its own selfish gains. Willow had asked the Outcasts to investigate the council, on a suspicion of corruption, only to discover the rot.”
Willow stepped into view then.
“Aye, Sister. It always struck me as odd, you can be firm when need be, yet you always bent the knee to these chair riding bastards. So, I asked the Outcasts a favor.”
Tyler was seen then, and he shrugged.
“An Outcast can get his hands dirty doing work others just can’t. Not a bad deal really.”
The ladies smiled, as Willow spoke again.
“A wise lad an no mistake. As such, as soon as the true depth of the folly was found out, Tatiana sent for me.
Tatiana held up her crown.
“I am not worthy of ruling our people. Never have been. I relinquish my crown, to the one that is. Her worth is proven by her intuition to have the inescapable gaze of the Outcasts fix upon the Council, her own daughter, Lily of the fierce Spirit, is a trusted member of the Outcast party herself.”
“Truuuust me, everyone, Lily’s one o the fiercest on the damn team.”
Lily was then shown as she nodded sagely.
“Bout time you start to get it. Like I keep sayin, you WILL be mine when the time comes.”
Tyler’s face was shown then.
“I’mma little outmatched here. While I go fight fer me life, ladies?”
The group was laughing, as was the entire city at the sight of Tyler getting pushed around by the small girl. Tatiana placed the silver crown on Willow’s head.
“I name Willow Hammershot, 154th Queen of Cragspire.”
As Tatiana stepped away, there was a en mass roar as every voice was raised in welcoming a new Queen.
“LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!”
Tyler chuckled.
“Ha, there it is.”
Willow raised her Warhammer, and looked at the council.
“First decree. The council is disbanded, and all members banished from the kingdom under pain of death by forge fire. Second decree. Tatiana is my Queen’s assistant. Third? We’re gonna show these here Outcasts how Cragspire throws a party. 4th? Me daughter’s your new princess. She’s not as kind as I am, and has The Outcast himself wrapped around her finger.”
“Oi! Only KAORI can claim that one! Lily? Sadly, I’d say more leash.”
Lily sighed.
“FINE. Good doggie.”
“See?”
Tyler just sighed and accepted his fate as Lily patted his head like a damn dog. Willow was so proud of her daughter as she bullied the Outcast like she was his owner. Willow then kept speaking.
“5th. Slavery is outlawed period.”
“Hey, Willow, We already cleaned house on that regard. Tatiana will give the details. But, yeah. Sorry, but before I saw to the council, I had to deal with a slave issue.”
She laughed.
“Nice to see some initiative boy. I meant to ask ya, but I’m afraid it slipped me mind.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Eh, it’s done now.”
Willow smiled.
“That be all for the moment. We got work to do.”
She let the power die, as she looked to Tyler and his party.
“Would you please show the trash to the gates please?”
“Sure. What about those?”
Willow had a glint in her eye.
“Light em up boy.”
Tyler coated the things in his dragon’s breath, and they burned like regular paper. Then the former council members were dragged to the gates by Tyler and his crew, and thrown out the gates. Tyler making a game out of it.
"Lily, wanna make a bet I can make him reach that boulder there?”
The elf girl tilted her head as she looked at the far off rock.
“Sure. If you can, I go with you for the next few hours.”
“If I can’t?”
“you alone.”
“Sure.”
He lifted the screaming man, and hurled him to land right beside the rock. Lily chuckled.
“You did that on purpose.”
“Maybe. Let’s see if I can beat me record.”
So, each former member of the disgraced council were given the experience of flying as Tyler sent them packing. He dusted his hands off as the gates closed. He looked at Lily.
“We’ll take Sera to claim her first bounty, get an update crystal, and find a spot. Sound good?”
Lily smiled.
“Sure.”
They collected Sera, and they retrieved her head. The bounty booth was located in the guild hall this time. Sera got her 400 gold, as the other members all cheered the girl on her first claimed bounty. She had Tyler add it to the pouch, before taking off with Lucy, Wulf, and Kaori. Tyler then walked to the booth for an update crystal. Once retrieved, he and Lily found a spot by the wall of the Palace hidden from sight and settled down. Tyler resting his back against the sun warmed stone, as Lily sat between his legs and rested her back against him. He hugged her, getting a happy giggle as he pulled up the news window.
“Today in Vernillion. It would seem that the Warriors are still not grasping the folly of their ways. For the same group that caused a riot in Raylik a few weeks prior sought to gain entry once again to the city. Only to be met with arrows, swords, shields, and a warning from Seline herself. The Lady was heard speaking to them thus.
“You are either insane or just stupid to return here after the mess you made of my fair city. Especially YOU, Felicia. For what you did to Melly’s father, the Outcast will kill you slowly. Be thankful he is meeting with the elf queen, for NONE of you would live to see the sun go down this day. Now, leave my city, and never return.”
Their response was heard and recorded, as the single most hideously overweight woman this writer had ever seen rolled out of her wagon, as no horse exists to bear that bulk, to address the city.
“Ya putting WAY too much fuckin faith in that fuckin retard. Meetin with the elf queen, fuckin things are only good for toyin with. Like that one we fucked with for a while a little while back. Wass her name, Sylvia? Little bitch screamed loud, but was rather borin.”
Seline was witnessed going nearly red with rage as the vile lady looked to the man on the horse pullin the wagon,
“She feel good at least?”
His response sent a shiver of rage down everyone present’s spine,
“Not really, she squirmed too much for a proper fuck. Her screams were nice though. Better an that fuckin retard. Never screamed at all.”
That was when the fireballs, arrows and anything else was loosed at the vile group. The heffer of a woman had to be lifted by the two men into the wagon, as she couldn’t even lift her leg up to do it herself. Then they fled the city walls as Seline was heard then.
“I need to contact Tatiana. The Outcast needs to hear this. Those monsters tortured an elven girl by the name of Sylvia. If that is who I think it is, then I will PAY the Outcast with coin, my city, even my BODY if I have to, so long as he kills those vile creatures, whatever I can give him I will do so. Excuse me.”
There you have it, reader, it would seem the Warriors are just vile monsters. We have three true Warriors, that is all. If the rage seen on Seline’s face was anything to go by, she knew the poor girl those monsters had found, and cared deeply. The vile party was then seen headed in the direction of Term. Term has of late become a Warrior city, as Dragul and Raylik are sealed to them. And since most are either too lazy or otherwise inclined to get out and travel, they are now just wallowing within the capital. If Seline succeeds in unleashing the Outcasts, then perhaps we all will get to watch as divine retribution is brought to bear. Now, as for the Outcasts themselves? They seem to have taken a day off from their adventure, as no new significant news has surfaced as of yet regarding them. Perhaps they found a rather nice campsite and are relaxing for once. Although, somehow, this writer highly doubts it. Perhaps, tomorrow will bring news of some great feat that has only just unfolded. In other news, an airship was taken out of the sky for defying the Dragon’s new decree. They had launched WITHOUT the due clearance, and were subsequently knocked out of the sky. The dragon responsible was none other the Tempesta himself. He even granted a few words to a reporter.
“Me boy set a fair system in place for you visitors in My sky. You WILL obey them.”
The brave reporter then asked the lord of blue who he meant by ‘his boy’. He saw fit to answer, and chuckled fondly as he did so.
“The one you call Tyler the Outcast. Lad’s been making great use of me flames and other gifts. It has been centuries since I have met anything that so embodied the Oceans as I do. Yet he does. I heard he intends to visit Yalik after his business with the elves is concluded, so, I’ll see if he’s gotten stronger. Though, knowing him? He probably can scratch ME now.”
It would seem that the Lord of the Ocean blue has become fond of the Outcast. The lad in question has made some truly frightening friends. Lymir, the mermaid ruler of Yalik was then interviewed, and she had this to say.
“I have sought the Outcast’s council. HE has agreed to travel to Yalik indeed after he’s visited the elf queen. I suspect though, as Raylik was recently the victim of another Warrior mess, he’ll first stop there. Just to check his friends are okay with his own eyes.”
It would seem Tyler is highly sought after company. By both women and dragons alike. In this writer’s personal words? That lucky bastard, there goes the rest of the good looking ladies for us commonfolk. A story we are currently tracking as had a new update. yet another sky shark was taken from the skies near Raylik early this morning. Reports all point to the Warrior Max and his group. We have received word that the dragons have a list of heads that they will allow the Outcast to take on their behalf, as it would seem the Friend of Dragons had previously laid claim to their screams. It would seem the Outcasts have many heads to take, and plenty of time to do it. A new story, or more accurately, a tragedy, is this newest group of Warriors that was summoned two days ago, are simply struggling to get by. Cities refused them entry, and they are fighting to survive in the wilds. This may seem harsh, but perhaps they will forge a spine from their new reality. Gods know we need them.”

Tyler sighed.
“Okay, we have a fix on Sylvia’s murderers. We will discuss it later.”
Lily crossed her arms.
“Things for and against?”
“For? I want to, and Wulf wants to. We owe this to Sylvia. As for against? Term itself. We’d need to enter the city, and I do NOT want to enter that place yet. Not until Sera, Lillia and you get a lot more blood experience. Once I am satisfied with your strength, we’ll hit that city once more. As, by that point, you’ll be at the level of say Lucy or Malico.”
Lily was nodding.
“Uncle Wolf will need to be told. But, I’ll handle him.”
Tyler just hugged her, as he felt Sylvia’s presence poke him.
“Hey, Lily, Sylvia wants a word, so keep watch, okay?”
She snorted.
“Sure.”
Tyler closed his eyes and concentrated on the small girl’s presence. He was now seeing her clearly.
“Hey, Sylvia. I think I did it.”
She smiled as she hugged him.
“Thank you. Willow will be exactly what this city needs.”
He stroked her long hair.
“Something bothering you?”
She sighed.
“Just worried about you. I can feel your rage quite clearly. And it scares me and Sallie. When you read that bit about me, the rage grew daggers, and started to rotate inside you, and we were sobbing from just how much it hurt.”
Tyler hugged her tightly as he pressed her head into his shoulder.
“I’m okay. I’m sorry.”
She wrapped her arms around him.
“You HAVE to stop torturing yourself. It’s not right. We’re here WITH you, we get to HUG you, and talk to you, and play with you and even travel with you. We can’t get hurt, sick, or die, yet you are still not satisfied. We will always be with you, and you can see us every night, and yet you want more? I would call you a greedy selfish man, if you wanted it for yourself, yet you want it for US. When all WE want is to see you smile, have fun, and go on adventures.”
Tyler was stroking her hair as she spoke.
“I just wish you could be with us, and we all could get to hug you.”
She sighed as she leaned back to look at him.
“Then give them all the Muse ability as well. They care enough that it will work. Just stop hurting yourself over us. It’s hurting us too, seeing us being merely things that cause you pain.”
Tyler sighed deeply.
“To tell the truth? It’s intentional. Okay, Sylvia. Sallie, I’ll tell you something.”
The green haired girl sat on his other knee.
“You doing this to yourself….willingly?”
HE sighed again.
“I am. You remember that ability Furiosa gave me? Roar of the Forest? It feeds of feelings for it’s strength. Right now, if I pack all the pain, the regret, the rage into that ability and unleash it, five square miles will be reduced to a glowing crater. So. My plan was to keep adding to the stockpile until the waves. As then, in a very worse case scenario, I have a means to save us all.”
Sylvia and Sallie looked at each other horrified,
“But, the strain will kill you!”
“NO one can handle the emotional strain! Not EVEN you!”
Tyler smiled an unpleasant smile.
“Multiply that rage, regret, pain and hate by ten thousand, and you have HALF of the hourly strain it took to keep the Monster restrained. This a strain I am VERY used to carrying.”
The two girls just hugged him all the tighter.
“Kaori told us about the Monster.”
“She said it was slowly killing you.”
“It was. But, to protect those I love, I will willingly subject myself to the deepest of my hell in order to gain the power to keep them alive.”
Sylvia looked him in the eye.
“Even if it means hurting US?”
Tyler gasped at her question. Then he hung his head.
“If it came down to you, or Kaori, I’d choose Kaori without hesitating.”
Both girls sighed.
“We know.”
“And accept it. She WILL be our mother after all, only makes sense you protect her with everything you are.”
Tyler jumped.
“You’ve said that twice. I thought you were just easing us.”
Sallie and Sylvia giggled,
“Okay, we’ll let you in on what we told Kaori.”
“We’ve chosen HER and YOU to be our next parents. As twins.”
Tyler hugged them tightly then.
“Will you remember?”
They nodded.
“We will, as it would seem your willpower was added to our own, along with your mental fortitude. So, our minds will be able to handle the shock and trauma of a birth.”
He hugged them as tightly as he dared.
“Well, alright then. Sadly, it won’t be for a very long time. Got a world to ruin right for you.”
They both laughed, as they felt the rage within him go dormant and the torture stop. Then Sylvia giggled.
“Oh, and so you know, if Lily becomes your wife, we’ll still be your girls.”
“HUH?!”
Both spirit girls fell over laughing at the look of mind blown on his face, as a nuclear bomb exploded behind his brown eyes. The two girls were even kicking their legs in the air as their humor was that extreme. Tyler’s eyes were twitching as his mind fought against itself in a most desperate attempt to recover from the two girls comment. Finally, they recovered enough to poke his nose.
“Boop.”
“Boop!”
It restarted his brain.
“I’ll be sure to tell Kaori that one.”
Now it was THEIR turn to be scared, and Tyler laughed.
“Well, ladies, I need to go. Lily’s waiting for me.”
They giggled.
“Hug her for us!”
“Tell Mommy we love her!”
He smiled as he let the power go, and he opened his eyes to see Lily get thrown into the stone wall with savage force. She slid down, and left a small blood trail on the wall. Tyler had a holy relief on her before she hit the grass. HE was beside her in the very next instant, as he saw her vest had absorbed the overwhelming brunt of the shot. The small elf girl opened her eyes, and smiled as her wounds were healed.
“Took ya long enough. I’m fine.”
Tyler rose, as a large object smashed off his own vest, and him not even feel it. HE looked over his shoulder to see a group of ten men wearing beaked masks and dragon seals of the church pinning him against the wall in a semicircle. Tyler drew in a breath.
“Ocean dragon roar!”
HE unleashed the flames of Tempesta upon their bodies, as Lily got to her feet, pulled a whistle she’d made at a campfire, and blew an earsplittingly loud blast that echoed off the buildings as it filled that section of the city. The men died screaming as Tyler walked out to a more open area, drew in a deeper breath,
“OCEAN DRAGON ROARRRRRRR!”
This blast was easily three hundred feet tall, and it lit the gold sky for miles with a deep, roiling blue as the city was now on full alert, for ANYTHING that had enraged the Outcast that much, was an enemy of the city itself. The Elven Guard was deployed and the gates sealed as Tyler’s party, Willow, Glacious, and Tatiana all arrived on the scene of the burning bodies. Willow took one look at the line of blood on the wall, and Tyler casting another, far more potent Holy Relief on Lily at the base of the streak, enraged the mother.
“What happened?”
“The spirits I travel with via Holy Muse wanted a word with me, so we set up in that spot there.”
The spot was a well hidden alcove behind some bushes, tucked into the wall of the Palace.
“When I came out, all I saw was Lily hit the wall. She’s okay, and from the look of it, got four herself before that bastard with the hammer got her with a lucky shot.”
Lily looked at her mother,
“Momma didn’t raise no weakling. Take more an this to do ME in.”
Tyler and everyone sighed with relief as Tyler looked at her.
“Where’d they come from?”
Lily sat up, and pointed to an alley.
“I was sharpening my dagger while you had your talk, and so you know, it looks SUPER weird on this end, when this group of men in those weird masks walk out of that alley there, look around as if looking for someone and spot me just sitting here minding me own. One man yelled, ‘death to the blasphemers by order of his holiness Pope Skyr!’ I had my bow up as they charged, I got five, just so you know. I had to move, as they pulled that semi-crap on me too, and as it did, that one got me with the hammer. The mail took the worst of it, and my wall hug. Still hurt though, and then the Dragon came to.”
Tyler looked at the four with arrows.
“Bastards alive. FIND HIM.”
Willow looked to the crystal dragon, who snorted.
“There is not a single creature that can escape a hunting dragon.”
She took off as all of the Elven Guard had sealed the city gates to everything. Tyler looked to Willow,
“Sorry she was alone out there.”
The elf queen snorted.
“She WASN’T alone, boy. Not with you right beside her, spirit walk or no spirit walk. Like me girl said, she’s tough!”
Tyler smiled.
“An no two ways bout it!”
Lily got up, and was a little shaky, but got over it as Glacious returned bearing a gift. The fifth man had the arrow in his knee. Tyler looked at kaori.
“Don’t say it. Don’t even think about saying it.”
Sera tilted her head.
“Say what?”
“Ugh.”
Tyler smiled.
“I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee. Just a saying from a game I got lost in once."
Sera nodded, understanding.
“Like a good book you can’t put down”
Tyler patted her head before pulling out his Sgian Dao. As soon as that knife came out, his party shuddered. Wulf nudged Tatiana.
“Watch. Tyler’s about to show you the differences between our worlds.”
Tyler was whistling as he removed the beaked mask from the face of the terrified man.
“Mercy sirrah! Please!”
Tyler was still whistling as he stabbed in in the other knee.
“So, what’s your orders this time?”
The man looked away as he answered, ignoring the pain in his knees.
“I will die before I tell the plans of his holiness.”
“hey, just outta curiosity, but, your religion, who it worship again?”
The man snorted.
“Dragonis the red dragon.”
Tyler tilted his head as he looked to his lore experts.
“That’s not another name for Ignatia is it?”
Tatiana burst out laughing.
“They’re one and the same. Ignatia is worshipped as a god by the human church.”
Tyler looked back to the man.
“That right?”
HE spat at him, and missed.
“Indeed it is, vile blasphemer. What would one such as YOU know of our dragon lord?”
Tyler pulled up his HUD and showed him Ignatia’s Dragon Friend title. The man went white at the sight.
“No. It cannot be. His red fury, Lord Ignatia, has bestowed his blessing upon you?”
Tyler breathed his red flames just to drive the point home. Then he smiled at him.
“ME and Ignatia are on first name terms.”
The man forced himself onto his knees as he held his hands in prayer.
“Forgive me, Friend of Flame. It would seem we were deceived.”
“No shit. So, your orders?”
“Kill you, and return to the fallen pope with the Warrior Kaori, that she grace his bed, as is his way.”
“Even though she too has the same title?”
“She does great one?”
“Just minus the flames. I got those.”
“Actually, He gave me those as well. Watch.”
She breathed the flames herself, and Tyler sat back on his haunches.
“Annnnd when were you going to tell me this?”
She smiled sweetly.
“I was going to surprise you!”
“I love you, kaori. I really do, but why o why do I get the feeling your idea of ‘surprising me’ was going to be you setting ME on fire?”
She giggled.
“I dunno.”
“Wow, Kaori, I didn’t know you had a cute setting as well. Sera has you beat in cuteness though.”
“Yay!”
“Well SHIT!”
They all laughed as the man then grasped the true depth of his folly.
“It would seem the pope has abandoned the true path. The brotherhood needs to be informed.”
Tyler looked at him.
“Hmm, I smell an opportunity here. You to report somewhere?”
“Just to this cities branch.”
“That being where?”
“Near the wallgate you rode in Sire. A large red building with a dragon curled upon it.”
Tatiana sighed.
“That one. Yeah, they do nothing but preach their dragon worship to all passing ears.”
Tyler stood.
“Okay. We have a few options here. 1: we just kill em and be done with it, as we already have our plan. 2: We send him to his fellow worshippers with the tale of our breath and titles to sow seeds of dissent. 3: We just wipe them out period. 4: Some combination of the list.”
Willow had a thought.
“This plan, would it work?”
“Yes. It’s a guaranteed long-term victory. The risks are also lower overall as well.”
Willow rubbed her chin.
“So our options vary in terms of risk/reward.”
“That’s the size of it yeah.”
Tyler crossed his arms as they all considered it. Then Tatiana had a thought.
“What about sending him to the church, while you go about your other plans? Willow, I’ll inform you of their plan, as I was present for it.”
“Kinda sorta.”
“Of course. Does that seem fair to you?”
Tyler chuckled,
“It does. Lily?”
She walked over and kicked the still kneeling man in the balls so hard, Tyler AND Wulf cringed in sympathy for their fellow man.
“Yikes. Yeah, enemy or not, every man sympathizes a hard nut shot.”
“Indeed. Few things in this world are as universal.”
The kicked man, however, was unaware of their sympathies, as he was white in the face, as he cradled his now traumatized manhood. Lily nodded decisively at her foot work.
“There. I feel better.”
Tyler then felt the need.
“Um, hey, Lily.”
She looked over at his now concerned voice.
“Something wrong?”
“If I’ve ever done anything to piss you off, I’m sorry.”
She smiled.
“Forgiven. Next time, however, you get the BOOT!”
Tyler gulped.
“Yikes.”
They were all laughing at his predicament, as kaori was heard chuckling.
“Go easy on his spear, Lily, or you wouldn’t get it when the time comes.”
Lily tilted her head.
“Ah yeah. I fergot. Eh, fine.”
Tyler breathed a hefty sigh of relief.
“Oh thank the gods for Kaori.”
“I WILL expect repayment.”
HE smiled at her.
“You want to do something for you, or…”
She smirked.
“Yes.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Okay. Work first. PLAY later.”
Kaori was witnessed to pout as Tyler healed the man’s legs, but not his groin. Afterwards, the city was under strict watch in case of another attack. Tyler and his party had found an Inn that they liked and had gotten rooms, as everyone smiled as they saw Tyler set a room for him and kaori. He then walked over to Malico, and whispered into her ear.
“In two hours, we’ll go FIRST. Sound good?”
The sexy catgirl’s tail was seen to shiver.
“Will SHE join us?”
“Her? No clue.”
HE left her with that as he sat next to Sera and Vixen as he opened the map up.
“Okay, tomorrows a town wide party for both US and the new queen. Everyone be on high alert. Sera, Lillia and Lily are NOT to be alone. These kinds of things are notorious for nasty surprises. Or uninvited guests.”
They all nodded. Lily was heard chuckling.
“Glacious will be circling overhead. And the Scouts will be in the shadows.”
“Overprepared. Now, we’ll spent tonight, tomorrow, and tomorrow night in the city. Then we head back to TopLeaf so Kaori can check on the horse feed, before we head to Raylik to check on Melly. Yalik after that.”
Wulf looked at the distances involved in such a journey.
“That’s a fair bit of ground to cover. How are we on food?”
Tyler pulled a piece of paper.
“We still have 800 pounds of Lisk meat, 30 buck, maybe a hundred apples, 300 pounds of rock drake left, and some left over tea leaves.”
Wulf crossed his arms.
“That’s a decent enough amount on its own. Potions?”
“Jesus. Plenty. We have three full pouches.”
Vixen had a thought.
“Can we sell any of them?”
“We can. But I’d really rather not. As most are healing potions, more we have the better.”
Wulf smiled.
“I know we’re set, but coin?”
“Thousands.”
Lucy added her own.
“What about gems?”
“We still have a decent amount left over. That said, I’d prefer those as dragon offerings.”
Thistle chuckled.
“Aye lad. A wise move.”
Wulf was tracing the routes they planned to take.
“Okay, from here to TopLeaf took us two days, TopLeaf to Raylik will be all downhill. Kaori will set the pace, as a downhill ride is especially dangerous for horses.”
She smiled as Tyler chuckled.
“See kaori? You’re awesome.”
Wulf chuckled, as he then traced a finger to Yalik.
“From Raylik to Yalik is three days through open plains. Perfect horse country. Mostly flat, with some rolling hills, light forests, and grasslands. IS there any update from the guild in that area we need to be aware of?”
Tyler sighed, and tapped Term.
“My mother’s party were last sighted here in term after Seline nearly killed them for bragging about what they did to Sylvia.”
Wulf started shaking as he glared a hole through the indicated spot.
“What do we do?”
Tyler sighed a deep sigh.
“For now? As much as it hurts me Wulf, we let them rot. We have three with us that NEED far more practice before we ride into that death trap.”
Wulf sighed deeply as well.
“it hurts me as well. But, I agree.”
“At least we have a pinned down last spot. Plus, the closer we get to term, the more likely we are to encounter them on the road. Oh, and heads up everyone, when we ride to Yalik, Tempesta’s looking to meet up.”
They all looked at him in shock, even Wulf.
“How could you know that?”
“Big guy took down an airship that ignored their new rules. Then gave an interview to a very brave reporter saying how he’s looking to see how strong I’ve gotten. Thinks I might be able to scratch him.”
They all just laughed, as Wulf sighed again.
“It will take all my strength to not go after them. But, for the spirit of Sylvia, I will do so.”
Tyler sighed as he looked at term.
“I hate it too, Wulf. Believe me I do.”
Sera hugged him.
“We’ll get stronger soon enough.
Tyler smiled as he hugged her back.
“I know you will.”
Tyler then added the days the trip would take up.
“So we’re looking at a week and a half on the trail alone. Plus, a full day in TopLeaf, two full in Raylik, and however many we stay in Yalik. I’ll say three. So, we have the next two and a half weeks planned out. That leaves a further week and a half before we need to get serious about our levels, spells, and abilities.”
Tyler traced a finger from Raylik to the Dark Forest.
“Okay. It’s a two day trip to the Dark Forest. Once we hit the two week heads up, we’ll head there for two days. See Sylvain and Juniper, then maybe visit Malico’s village, just because.”
Malico laughed.
“You just wanna hug Myuki again.”
“Like I keep telling you. I AM a cat person.”
Tyler tapped Raylik.
“After we’re done with Yalik, we’ll set up shop in Ralik for the time being. Guild jobs, bounties, bandits, and general leveling. Since it’s in such a central spot, halfway to everywhere type gimmick, we can explore the area as well.”
Wulf smiled.
“There’s a few places in that region a day’s ride from the city you’ll love.”
Tyler looked at the surrounding countryside.
“Sounds like fun. While in Raylik, we can relax slightly more. But, we’ll see where the girls are with strength by that point.”
All heads nodded. Then Tyler felt the need to make something clear.
“Okay. Now, the first wave. Let me makes something clear. It is going to be an absolute MASSACRE. Our party will find our own piece of the battlefield, claim it, and hold it. I am certain we will be just fine. As by that point, Lily, Sera and Lillia will be at the same level as Lucy or Wulf. And such, can handle themselves. We ARE NOT playing coddle or babysit. We in agreement here?”
They all nodded, as Malico spoke up.
“Monsters like Liches, goblins, orcs and giants are spawned to attack us in the waves. Only much stronger. Plus a wave boss. A super powerful foe that if brought down ends that wave immediately. The party that kills that thing gets a thousand gold as a drop, a thousand gems, and a massive gear drop as well. Basically a step up from our current gear.”
Tyler smiled.
“A party? We all know it’ll be OUR party. And, once we get paid, we mount the fuck up, and get the fuck out. If our horses get screwed with, Kaori will notice.”
“They get sent with us. As the field will be massive.”
“Any clue on terrain?”
Wulf and Malico crossed their arms.
“Different every time.”
“Since this is only the first, I’d say more like the area around Raylik.”
Tyler smiled.
“As long as it don’t drop us out over open ocean, I can make a solid plan in the first thirty seconds.”
They all laughed, as a small elven girl came over to the table with large red eyes. Tyler looked at her curiously.
“Uh, hi miss. You lost?”
She gasped,
“Are, you a Warrior?”
Tyler smiled.
“I am. My name’s Tyler the Outcast.”
Her already wide eyes went even wider as her small mouth formed a cute O in shock.
“THE Outcast?”
Tyler chuckled.
“Indeed, Miss. And these are my party.”
She had such a look of awe on her face that they all chuckled fondly. Then Tyler noticed something on her arm.
“Miss, are you hurt?”
She was snapped out of her hero awe as she showed a cut on her arm.
“I fell.”
“Looks serious, C’mere.”
She walked over shyly as he patted her head.
“Holy Relief.”
She giggled as his spell encased her. Her cut was healed, and her mild cold was as well. Then she hugged him in thanks,
“Thank you, Lord! I got to meet my hero!”
Tyler smiled,
“Just give this cutie beside me a hug as well.”
Sera squealed, and the girl gasped as she saw she knew her. The girl looked to Tyler as Sera nearly throttled her with hug death. He placed a finger to his lips and winked. She smiled as she gave Sera a taste of hug death herself. After, she ran off waving as her mother came over to thank him.
“She looks up to the Warriors. Plus, having HER give her a hug will give her a story to tell in a few years.”
Tyler chuckled as he patted Sera’s head.
“Ya never forget yer first hug death.”
The lady smiled gratefully.
“We’ll teach her the value of secrets.”
“Sure.”
Tyler and his crew all laughed as they got left alone. Tyler spotted kaori with the room key as she headed up the stairs with a secret smile, and Tyler smiled as well. He waited five minutes, before catching Malico’s eye, winking, and looking at the stairs. She smiled as well, and they left the table. The party engrossed by a new course of food, he’d paid for as a distraction. Malico was practically running down the hall to the room he’d indicated. He pretended to turn a key and open it, and as Malico walked in, he shut it, only for Kaori to pull the surprised cat to the bed under her. Tyler locked the door, and walked over to the happily kissing couple.
“Ready Malico?”
She gasped as she now knew what was in store for her, then smiled happily.
“Always!”
The trio stripped naked, as Malico laid on her back and offered herself to him as Kaori latched onto her succulent nipples to suckle. Tyler laid his sword upon her sheath, and she wrapped her tail around his waist.
“Just be easy.”
HE smiled as he took her hands.
“I love you, Malico.”
She purred as he slid into her.
“I love you too. You too, kaori.”
Malico was a soft and gentle lover, as her fur tickled and her moans excited both Tyler and Kaori as they both made their favorite catgirl lose herself in their sex. As the catgirl got filled, she would swap with Kaori, and it would be her turn. Malico’s breasts were suckled and her tail teased as kaori got filled and suckled as well. Then they all fell to the bed satisfied, with Tyler in the middle with Kaori and Malico on either side. They all smiled.
“I have been WAITING for that.”
Malico smiled.
“Thank you for the surprise. And the wonderful first.”
Kaori chuckled.
“The SECOND feels sooooo much better! Trust me bed sister.”
The cat chuckled as she laid her tail on his chest.
“My tail is your tail.”
He smiled as he petted the tail he had repaired in a faraway village.
“And a fine tail it be.”
She purred as he teased it again.
“Stop, it kinda hurts now!”
He smiled and let her off the hook. He then got an insane idea.
“Hey, Malico. I got an idea.”
She gulped as she saw his eyes following her tail.
“What why are you looking at my tail like that?”
“Was wondering if you were to put it up Kaori’s kitty if it’d feel good for you both.”
Silence. A LONG silence. Like a solid ten minutes of an extremely awkward silence. Then Kaori snorted as she burst out laughing as Malico just collapsed.
“Ya know, Malico.”
Kaori looked at the long appendage curiously.
“I was kinda wonderin that myself.”
Malico just burst out laughing herself now. And she leered at kaori as she waved her tail Seductively.
“My poor spot can’t take anymore play. But, my TAIL feels fine!”
Kaori laid on her back as Tyler rolled onto his side to watch and kiss Kaori as Malico pulled her long tail between her long legs to form her own sword. Kaori opened her legs to allow access as she felt the furry end touch her. She moaned.
“Oh, that kinda feels good.”
Malico stiffened her tail up as much as she could as she pushed it into Kaori. The blonde bucking as the new sensation filled her with pleasure.
“OH. MY. Gods. Malico please don’t stop! That feels sooo good!”
The sexy cat was also morning.
“You’re so warm, Kaori, and soooo tight! Oh, I love this! Best idea he’s ever had!”
Kaori pulled the catgirl’s hips until she was filled with tail.
“Oh yes! Try moving it!”
Tyler was just loving the two girls playing dirty. As Malico pulled it in and out like Tyler did on the ride, as Kaori was all but crying from just how good it felt. Then both girls pleasure overwhelmed them both, and they climaxed hard, before falling on top of each other holding hands. Tyler kissed them both.
“Was it good?”
They smiled weakly as Malico’s sticky tail was removed from Kaori’s scabbard. Tyler chuckled as he saw his own sword was looking for release as well. Malico saw this, and preformed the last spit shine of the night. Then they all laid down together.
“Been a while since it was just us sleeping together.”
Malico and Kaori both smiled as they remembered.
“Yeah. Still feels great.”
“We should do a job together, just the three of us. Like it was.”
They clasped hands.
“The original Outcasts.”
Tyler looked at Kaori.
“We gonna visit Sallie and Sylvia?”
The blonde smiled.
“Let’s bring Malico into our little family.”
Tyler settled down and held a now curious Malico’s hand.
“Go to sleep. It’s that kinda skill.”
They all got comfy before falling as Tyler and Kaori whispered their ability names.
“Holy Muse.”
“fire Muse.”
Tyler and kaori then got off the bed to see Sallie and Sylvia clapping in respect. Tyler bowed as Kaori chuckled.
“Enjoy the show girls?”
Sallie giggled.
“Tyler’s such a dirty boy.”
Sylvia was blushing.
“He is indeed. Kaori’s a very dirty girl too.”
Tyler was shaking Malico.
“And SHE’S a very dirty kittycat.”
Malico opened her eyes to see Sallie and Sylvia smiling at her from Tyler and Kaori’s arms. She sat up, and saw her still sleep body, and understood then. She then got up to meet the two girls.
“Well, what a pair of cuties! YOU must be Sallie, and YOU must be Sylvia.”
The two girls were engrossed with her large melons and soft fur. Sallie straight up groped her as she giggled.
“Like em?”
Sallie looked at Kaori’s bust.
“I hope I get ACTUAL boobs.”
Sylvia giggled.
“If I remember, we will. Kinda a thing in HIS family, only WE’LL be a right pair o hotties!”
Kaori was smiling a bemused smile as Tyler sighed.
“And that ladies, was how I got murdered in my sleep.”
Malico and the two small girls giggled as Kaori sighed.
“If I remember right, you’re grandmother when she was younger was big.”
Tyler went to reply, but Sallie beat him to it.
“The big boobs need to come from SOMEWHERE, mommy!”
Tyler just closed his mouth, and sighed again, as Malico and the two girls lost it at Kaori’s now strained expression. HE sighed.
“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you two were TRYING to get me killed.”
They giggled.
“Nah, just hurt.”
Tyler just sat on the floor against the wall.
“I’ll take my place for this one.”
Kaori just looked at him.
“YOU don’t mind my boobs, do you?”
“I love em, Kaori. Like I told you in the hotspring, yours’ are perfect for cuddling and holding at night.”
She smiled as she looked at Sallie.
“I’ll let it go for now, little lady, but remember, I CAN tease you as well.”
She giggled.
“Just be sure to remember to pad your chest.”
Tyler tilted his head.
“The hell you learn that from?”
She looked at him as she pointed to Sylvia.
“She told me it was something they complained about when she got taken by them. Saying how Kaori’s mother had padded her chest to sucker her father into bed, and leg lock him when he tried to pull out.”
Kaori sighed sadly.
“It does explain a lot.”
“Fuck em. You’re here, kaori. Nothing but a good thing.”
She brightened right up.
“I feel better now, thank you.”
The group spent the night playing with the two spirit girls, until the sunlight was seen. Tyler had a thought as he and the girls returned to their bodies.
“Hey, Sylvia, make sure Wulf don’t try to play peep with his own spirit trick.”
She giggled like a mad girl.
“He already tried!”
The three all looked at each other.
“Oh he did, did he?”
“Wow, Wulf, just wow.”
“Didn’t see that coming.”
Tyler looked at the girls.
“Did you stop him?”
Sallie chuckled.
“We asked him if he truly wanted to open that door. He turned around and walked away.”
“Smart move.”
“Love you Sallie. Love you, Sylvia. See you tonight.”
They waved as they all laid in their bodies. Then Sallie nudged Sylvia.
“Should we tell him about that black mage that watched?”
“I don’t think so. Not really important.”
“Was it Vixen?”
Both girls jumped in shock, before sighing.
“Yup.”
“She has her own color’s version, and watched you play this time. She loved it.”
“Nifty. I’mma screw with her today then.”
Tyler laid down and rejoined his body.
DAYS UNTIL WAVE: 56



Kaori kissed him awake. She was smiling as he opened his eyes.
“I beat you this time.”
HE chuckled.
“Vixen has the same ability as us, and came for a little show.”
Kaori smiled.
“Her punishment?”
Tyler gave Malico her own kiss as he replied.
“Oh, just a subtle nod that she’s left the door open for spiritual screwing.”
They all laughed as they dressed and went for a morning bath. Tyler paying an extra few silvers for Kaori’s hair. Tyler sitting in the bath relaxing with his back to the ladies section. As he rested, Wulf came in and joined him. The elven ranger smiling widely.
“So?”
Tyler smiled widely as well.
“Beds still intact, Malico learned a new use for her tail with Kaori, and my rod is skinned. Fun night.”
Wulf just burst out laughing as he pictured it.
“Lucky bastard.”
“Oh, and we gave Malico the ability as well.”
He chuckled.
“They like her?”
“They have a new pet cat. Sylvia was lost in her melons, and Sallie nearly got me killed by teasing kaori’s genes.”
HE burst out laughing again,
“Sounds like a perilous situation.”
“Oh, and we had a visitor last night looking for a show.”
He gulped,
“You know who?”
“Vixen wanted a show. So, a show she got. According to Sylvia, some elf got curious, but remembered the door he was about to open. Smart lad.”
Wulf chuckled.
“Vixen? Somehow I don’t think you mind as much.”
“Her? Nah. Gonna tease her though. For a show of THAT quality, ya need to pay something!”
The two men laughed.

Kaori was getting her hair done as Malico gave her tail a VERY thorough cleaning. The girls laughing at their play the night prior. Then Vixen walked in, and both ladies looked at her knowingly. The beautiful pale skinned beauty was a little nervous by the looks.
“Am I injured?”
Malico flicked water at her.
“Enjoy the show?”
She blushed a deep crimson as she saw she’d been ratted out.
“I did.”
Kaori was heard laughing.
“Just so you know, the doors open now.”
Malico came and rested her head on the now scared beauty’s massive breasts.
“And we, me, kaori, and Tyler, FULLY intend to walk right though. Don’t worry, we’ll be gentle.”
The cat dragged her tongue across the top of the pale beauty’s breasts, getting a shiver.
“Well, I will be at least.”

Tyler was sitting at the table fitting the new news crystal he’d bought of a passing runner for the guild he’d spotted. Wulf was cleaning his dagger. The Outcast sat back against the wall as he looked it over.
“This Morning in Vernillion. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new Queen of the Elves. That said, let us start at the beginning of this tale. As you are aware, we reported on a potential day off for the Legendary Outcast party. We now know this was far from correct. Tyler the Outcast and his party arrived at the elven capital of Cragspire yesterday, at just before noon after killing five. That’s right. FIVE goblin camps to the last creature. It would seem that the Outcast has a particularly vicious hatred for the vile creatures, as it would seem a party raided his camp as the things were chasing a small family with a wagon. Once the camps were located, the father of the family, one Yorlund, said he could see the flames and hear the creatures screaming from the road. Out of the five camps, were rescued 15 poor captives, including one poor lady whose eyes had been popped by the creatures. The lady’s sight was restored by the Outcast’s power, and is now hailed as a great beauty. Upon escorting the freed captives and wagon to the city, Tyler and the party were met by an honor guard of elven Guard’s finest. Yorlund then told us Tyler took two aside to gave them news of their daughters demise at the hands of Warriors. And, according to Yorlund, Tyler the Outcast is now besieged with a rage that is simply terrifying to behold. It is reassuring to hear of a Warrior with a heart that can bleed for another. Even if that Warrior stills scares this writer. Once the sad deed was completed, the procession continued. They were given a Hero’s welcome from the city and her People. Tyler was seen to love the adoration of the people, showing off his flames at times to all and sundry. That is, until our fair city’s ugliness was made apparent to the Warrior. A small girl of 90 years was shoved into a puddle in full view of the Warrior, who is said to have a brotherly fondness for girls of her age and stature.”
“Way to make me sound like a guy with a little sister fetish, guys.”
“The Warrior stopped the procession to pick the girl out of the puddle, heal her, and demand the man who had pushed her to apologize. Alas, reader, that poor girl was a slave. Our city has struggled with Slavery centuries now. This writer was present and watching the procession on the street, and let me tell you, readers of Lectis, the feelings on that street went from a festively jovial experience, to cold dread as the Warrior sought the truth of our city from a native of our city in his party. The man was dragged screaming into the street by the enraged Warrior, as it would seem Slavery of ANY form is NOT tolerable. Once he learned the sad truth, hen killed that owner himself, as the poor girl became afflicted with a slave keeping spell that prevented a bad word against her owners. Reader, when that poor child screams of pain reached his ears, his eyes were filled with such rage, and his normally brown eyes were seen to glow green as he gathered all his rage at this tragedy, as if to unleash some devastating power. The only reason our city still stands this morn, is nothing short of a miracle. As the Queen herself was seen groveling before the enraged Warrior. It would seem this Warrior will hold EVERYONE accountable to what is right, for he took Queen Tatiana to task for allowing such festering evil as slavery to take root PERIOD in our city. Any reasons or excuses the queen tried to put to the Warrior were met with scathingly harsh criticisms, uncompromising solutions, and, truth be told, a most fatherly disapproval. The results of this chastisement was the seeking out, and subsequent execution of every slave owner in the city. The Queen herself joined the purge, and now our city stands free of chains. But, he did NOT stop there. For, when Tatiana introduced the Warrior to her dragon guardian, Glacious the crystal dragon, Tyler saw right away it was a fake dragon. How, this writer cannot say. But, truth it is nonetheless. It was then revealed that the imposter was a doppelganger demon. And the thing then took Tyler’s OWN form, getting a complete copy of both his stats and his abilities. Any normal person would go white with fear at the idea of fighting one’s mirror image. Tyler, however laughed, saying you can take his image and abilities, but to truly BE him, you need to see his memories and gain his mind. But, if you’d seen HIS memories, you’d still be an easy kill, as you’d be too busy screaming from them to raise a sword. That is, if the torture chamber that is his mind didn’t kill you itself. The Outcast then proceeded to kill his doppelganger and thus free the captive dragon. Yet, he was STILL not done. For, it would seem the sister to the Queen Tatiana, Lady Willow Hammershot, had become suspicious of our City’s council and had requested Tyler to investigate it the only way he could. For, once again in his words, an Outcast can get his hands dirty doing work others just can’t. A most wise sentiment, and one that this writer whole heartedly agree with. So, investigate it he did, and it was brought to light that the entire council had procured spells of a vile nature to both manipulate and take advantage of poor Tatiana the Queen of a truly horrific extend. This was the last straw for the Queen, as she had found herself utterly ill-equipped for the demands of rule. So, ladies and gentlemen, she passed the rule of the elves to Willow herself. And, in my own personal opinion? We could not have asked for a better queen, as Willow is as fierce as a barbarian brawler, and as tough as a winter raised white bear. The council was dissolved and thrown out by the Outcast himself, many flying a record distance, slavery outlawed period, and a host of other things put to rights. So, in short? The Outcasts ride into the Capital, and in the space of a single day, utterly reform the entire city from the gutters to the Palace. The Outcast has also been granted the title of Warrior’s Council. A title that can only be EARNED by facing two Monarchs, and chastising them for their failures. WITHOUT a SINGLE word of lie or false truth. And hold true to ones own beliefs. It seems that Tyler HAS a code. A VERY rigid code, and will not hesitate to call you out on your failures to meet his standards. We are in desperate need of more like him. With the first wave drawing closer, we need more like him then ever before. In other news, another airship saw fit to defy the dragon’s rules, and was taken down by Furiosa this time. The Forest dragon then granted a reporter a few words in regards to the Outcast.
“Beware that boy’s rage. He carries the guilt of two lives cut short by Warriors. He has earned the title of Holy Muse, yet the roiling rage within him was enough to scare me half to death with it’s sheer fury and destructiveness. If we are not careful, and his rage is set off, then not even we sky lords could stop the resulting rampage.”
Holy Muse. A most tragic and heartbreaking title to be bestowed upon one so young. We here at the guilds raise our mugs in tribute to those poor souls that now haunt our hero’s steps. May the gods have pity upon you boy, for we all do. Now we move to the city of Term, where the town guard had to be mobilized to contain a riot started by the Warriors feeling cooped up within the only city still open to them in a two day ride. Which, is far too much work for them now adays. Damage was in the thousands as they sought a royal decree to FORCE the cities to allow them access. However, King Ishtar, who has had a new fire of late, firmly made his OWN royal decree.
“If a Warrior wishes access to a city with gates closed, they must first PROVE themselves worthy to the leader of said city BEFORE they get to set foot within the walls. As my Warrior Council, Tyler the Outcast would say, you will either step up, or get stepped over. Don’t like it? Doors over there.”
Even King Ishtar seeks the wisdom of the Outcast. It is truly a spectacular story, ladies and gentlemen. From mere wrongly condemned murderer, to one with dragons, kings and Queens alike now looking for an audience with him. In the space of a mere month no less. We are only beginning here. Let us see what he does today.”
Tyler chuckled as he closed the HUD.
“My plans for today? Get really, REALLY wrecked.”
Wulf tilted his head at the strange boy.
“You talking to the girls?”
Tyler smiled as he knew both were sitting on his legs,
“More commenting on the news.”
The ranger just sighed.
“Still an odd one.”
Tyler smiled as he saw a now nervous Vixen, accompanied by a smugly grinning Malico and Kaori exit the bathhouse to join the table.
“So, did my hot goth fox enjoy her show?”
She gulped.
“I did.”
“Next time, just knock and we’ll make it a pile.”
She blushed as Kaori and Malico both hugged her, pressing their faces into her bosom.
“Only, YOU will be the filling of the sandwich.”
“Course, we all know Tyler will be the true winner here.”
He chuckled as Wulf sighed.
“Lucky. Bastard.”
Tyler then patted Vixen on her ample rear.
“Don’t worry, Vixen, you’ll enjoy yourself.”
They all chuckled as the rest of the party came to join them. Lily marching over to sit on Tyler’s open leg. Unaware she was sitting between Sallie and Sylvia on the thing. Tyler patted her dark hair.
“Morning Lily. Sleep well?”
She was drinking her coffee, so only gave him a shrug for an answer. The party then ate breakfast, as a runner came in.
“Pardon, I seek the one known as Outcast.”
Tyler lifted his head.
“Aye Lad, I be Outcast!”
The boy came over with a letter.
“I’ve two things sirrah. A letter from the Lady Seline. And the Guild wishes you to present your Bestiary.”
Tyler took the letter,
“Thankee lad.”
He gave the runner 20 silver, and he sped off. Tyler looked to Wulf.
“Present my Bestiary?”
The elf chuckled.
“It’s how they monitor monster numbers, and decide on promotions.”
“Ah yeah. I forgot I’m still a wood rank. Well, since we’re all one party, we can all join up.”
The ranger had a thought.
“I think Sera and Lillia shouldn’t join the guild. At least until they can handle themselves, and Lily is still too young.”
“Even if she’s fiercer then most of them.”
Lily moved over to rest her head on his chest.
“Least you know.”
Tyler opened the letter.
“Outcast. I am aware you intend to visit before moving to Yalik. I only ask you hurry, as I have need of your help. We’ve been getting poked by an unusually persistent group of bandits trying to breach our walls. And with our guard needed to keep out the Warriors, I’m afraid I must ask for your aid.”
Seline.

Tyler sighed.
“Seline just sent for our aid.”
They all sighed as he passed the letter around. Sera looked at Lily and both girls nodded.
“When do we leave?”
“We need to help Melly!”
Tyler hugged both girls tightly as he looked to his party.
“We’ll talk to Willow. Looks like we’re going to miss the party.”
They all chuckled. Then Wulf tossed him the letter.
“We can always party. Right now our friends need us.”
They all nodded, and their eyes were shining. Tyler rose.
“We need to see the Queen.”
The party nodded, and off they went to her palace. The group were brought straight to the office Willow and Tatiana were in. Tyler placed the letter on the desk.
“We need to go.”
Willow and Tatiana read it, and chuckled.
“Aye, lad. That you do.”
“If Seline has sent for you, then it must be serious.”
Tyler rubbed his head ruefully.
“Sorry for bailing on the party.”
Willow snorted.
“Boy, we can always throw another party. Now, you need to get to TopLeaf as well.”
Tyler nodded.
“Kaori needs to look over their horse feed.”
The newly crowned queen chuckled.
“Lad, we have an airship requesting a search to get off the ground.”
“I like where this is going.”
Willow looked to a map.
“They intend to stop in TopLeaf before heading for Raylik. All they need is a trusted White path search.”
“Ship’s name?”
“The Paladin. She’s an elven patrol/merchant vessel. Think Nidhogg but green.”
Tyler smiled widely.
“So, are you letting us hitch a ride on an airship?”
Willow smiled as well.
“That specializes in transporting horses as well.”
Kaori huffed.
“I’LL be the judge of that!”
They all laughed affectionately. The leader of the party looked at the map.
“Okay, length of the flight?”
“All told? 9 hours.”
“That quick?”
“We’re sending you to them, plus Paladin’s the fastest ship in the air.”
Tyler looked at his team.
“Okay, Raylik has anything we could need to supply. How soon to load in?”
Kaori tilted her head.
“We’ll spilt in two. YOU go clear the crew and captain with Vixen and Thistle, I’ll take the rest to get the horses ready.”
“Nice to see your brain again, Shadow.”
He looked back to Willow.
“Time frame?”
“That ship does not get off that dirt until you give the nod. They will also differ to YOUR orders.”
Tyler looked at the map again.
“Well. Alright then. Break!”
Tyler and his crew went to their tasks with a will, as Willow chuckled as she looked at her sister.
“That boy. Rides into town, flips it onto it’s head, then leaves the next morning because of a letter.”
Tatiana was also smiling.
“And without hesitating, abandons his hero party as well.”
Willow had an idea.
“Hey, Tatiana, you said you had a reward for him.”

Tyler, Vixen, and Thistle went to the air hangar to conduct the inspection, as the others readied the horses. The airship was a beautiful deep green with twin balloon that reminded Tyler of a set of blimps over a ship’s hull. As they approached, there was a commotion at the base of the scaffolding to board the vessel. A group of elves were arguing with a group of men, and Tyler recognized the white capped man leading the men.
“Ahoy! Cap’n Greg!”
The yelling stopped as Tyler and his accompanying friends reached them. The captain of the Nidhogg broke out into a relieved smile as Tyler appeared.
“Well met lad. Thank the gods you’ve appeared.”
Tyler chuckled as he and the burly captain clasped hands.
“Davey get a little too friendly with a cannon again?”
The man in question was amongst the group.
“It was ONE time!”
“That’s how it starts. But, at least SOMETHING wants to be friendly widcha!”
The jovial crew laughed as Davey just flipped his hands at him.
“Ah shove it ya arrogant prick!”
Tyler chuckled as he looked to the captain.
“So, what’s yer issue?”
Greg sighed.
“These idiots are prepping to launch without an inspection. We’re trying to stall them, as the last thing this world needs is an issue between the Dragons and us ground folk.”
“The dragons need to SHARE that sky. We have every right to it as well.”
“NO you DON’T.”
Tyler looked the elf that had spoke right in the eye.
“Do you have wings on your back?”
The elf glared at him.
“We MADE-“
“Do. You. Have. Wings. On your back? Yes or no.”
The incensed elf was gritting his teeth.
“No.”
“Then you have NO claim to the sky. Cancel your flight. You WILL relearn this lesson.”
The elf laughed at him.
“Launch the ship when ready!”
Tyler pulled his bow, and fitted three arrows,
“Ahoy, Greg, best place for these?”
The captain knew where he was going.
“Allow us to get back first.”
“Of course.”
“Thankee. Oh, and just pop the balloons.”
Tyler placed a few enhancements on his shafts as the ship tried to lift off without an inspection. Tyler lifted his bow, as the now frantic elves rushed him, only for Thistle to cut them down as Tyler fired Piercing shot, ChainShot and Piercing Teardrop into the balloon nearest him. It popped like a carnival balloon, and the ship came back down with a creaking and cracking of ships timbers. Tyler and his two friends then boarded the vessel as Greg explained the situation to a panicked elven guard. Tyler went straight for the captain’s quarters, and tore the door off the hinges, only to get a crossbow bolt bouncing off his chainmail. The elf that had fired it was glowering at the Warrior as Tyler dragged him off the crippled vessel and threw him into the dirt. Willow came running as soon as she’d been made aware of the forced liftoff. Vixen was looking through the captain’s Licenses as Tyler and Thistle examined the crew. Tyler took one look into their eyes and sighed.
“Slaves, they’re all a bunch of slaves.”
“Got four here.”
“Atta a fox. We’ll had em to the pile later.”
Willow came forward then.
“I got the story from Greg.”
Tyler sighed.
“I think I need to have a word with Tempesta or Furiosa. We’re being FAR too lenient here. For it would seem that they’ve forgotten who TRULY rules that sky.”
Willow nodded as Greg came over with the rest of the Outcasts. The air captain was chuckling.
“Lad, the Nidhogg would be honored to carry you and your companions. And yes, we can transport horses.”
“HOW DARE YOU? My airship!”
A large bellied elf man dressed in silks and furs came storming over to stand before the new Queen.
“YOU need to learn who REALLY rules this land! The outlining cites will starve now, as I will NOT-“
“Hey, Willow, was Tatiana ever good with business?”
Willow slung her hammer on her shoulder as she considered the odd question.
“As a matter of fact, she always WAS a very good businesswoman. Why do you ask lad?”
Tyler chuckled.
“Well, since defying the Queen in the manner he has just done, is punishable by seizure of all he owns, correct?”
She smiled widely as she got it then.
“That mind is a truly devious weapon lad, an no mistake.”
She looked at the still glowering man.
“As penance for your misjudgment, all you own, hold and claim are stripped from you, and transferred to my sister.”
The man laughed insolently.
“You haven’t the authority to do this, as you’d need the Council to agree.”
“Dude. Read the damned news. Council got thrown out the city gates yesterday.”
“I’m sorry, but do hush lad. This is a proper discussion.”
Willow slammed her hammer in to the man’s stomach, lifting him off his feet with a heavy whoosh of air, as all of it was driven from his lungs. Tyler sighed.
“Dammit, I wanted lily to preform another deballing.”
The small girl flexed her leg.
“I mean I CAN if you really want me to.”
“Not on me please.”
“Ugh, FINE. Uncle wolf then.”
“HUH?!”
Wulf had been watching Willow lay down the law quietly, but now hearing Lily use his name like that made him nervous. He then saw Lily flexing her leg, and grinning wickedly at him. HE then saw Tyler breathing a sigh of relief.
“If she gets me, you sonuvabitch, YOU will open the door this time.”
“Fair.”
Tyler then looked back as the man was hauled away in chains as Willow slung her hammer on her shoulders.
“I will NOT repeat myself.”
Tyler sighed.
“The crew are all slaves.”
“I see. Very well. Lad, I can handle this one.”
Tyler looked at her.
“You sure?”
The mother to Lily tapped her hammer head.
“I ain’t no weakling, and I ain’t daft. YOU just make me girl happy.”
Tyler gave Lily a hug.
“Well, if you’re sure. Captain Greg.”
He looked from his inspection of the damage to the green ship.
“Aye lad?”
“How soon can we be underway?”
He replied with a twinkle in his blue eyes.
“Soon as the miss is satisfied with the horses accommodations.”
Tyler looked to his crew.
“Load up!”
The next hour was spent loading the ship with the horses, who were given a spell to both help them relax, and not panic in the air. Tyler was in the captains quarters with Wulf and Greg to chart the course.
“We’re to stop in TopLeaf, as Kaori got word of a bad feed shipment for the horses. Once she’s happy, our true destination is Raylik, as Seline says she needs our help.”
Greg pulled a map of air currents used by Airship crews.
“Okay, TopLeaf to Raylik. Some nasty crosswinds there laddee. But nothing we can’t handle.”
Tyler smiled.
“Seems fitting in a weird way.”
Wulf and Greg looked at him.
“What you mean lad?”
“What surfaced now?”
Tyler touched Oblivion’s hilt.
“My first Airship flight is aboard the first one I saw upon entering this world, bearing the blade of the one that saved us first.”
Greg chuckled, understanding.
“Aye lad. Fitting it be.”
Tyler smiled as there was a knock on the door.
“Cap’n Queen willow has something for the Outcast.”
“Thankee Picard.”
Tyler went out curiously, as he saw Willow with a long bundle wrapped in cloth with a complement of ribbon wearing Elven Guard. Tyler stood before the Queen as she laid the long object on her hands.
“For your service to the elven kingdom and her people, I bestow the Title of Champion of the Elves upon you.”
She tore open the wrapped cloth, revealing another hand-and-a-half broadsword of Gleipnir’s length. Tyler’s eyes lit up as he beheld the weapon. Willow continued.
“This is a Magicite blade. As of yet, it has no name. So, lad, what will you name it?”
Tyler smiled.
“Fafner.”
Willow burst out laughing.
“Then Name of the Reaper that rides Gleipnir himself.”
Tyler placed his hand upon the hilt, and it glowed brightly as his twin paths lit up the blade. HE replaced the other broadsword he had sticking over his shoulder with Fafner. Then Glacious appeared from the sky. The crystal dragon poked his forehead again.
“I bestow my Dragon Friendship upon you as well. Plus my breath. Use it well.”
Tyler opened his HUD and she dropped a bit of multicolored fire onto it, and he smiled as he saw the new color breath, though, his stats were only boosted by 25, not the full fifty. As was his way, he breathed the flames in tribute to the dragon, getting a rousing cheer. Then he bid farewell as he boarded the Nidhogg. The airship launched without issue, and off they went. Tyler standing at the prow as he felt the wind on his face, as a series of loud blasts were heard below. Looking down at the city, they were treated to mages casting fireballs in a tributary fireworks display at the Warrior’s departure. Tyler breathed his flames as they went, careful NOT to hit anything. Then they were clear of the city and Tyler looked to see his crew all loving the feel of the deck beneath their feet, even Lily. The small elven girl looking over the edge of the deck at the ground going by.
“Sera, Lily, watch yourselves near the edge.”
The two girls both point to tethers tied to their waist attached to rings on the edge of the ship. Tyler chuckled.
“Right, need to remember that not EVERYONE is an idiot.”
That got a laugh from the crew as they worked. Tyler strode the deck as the men all went about the tasks a crew did to make an airship fly. He found Kaori resting on a railing wedged between the stairs and rail where she could look over at the clouds and sky. Tyler smiled as sat in a spot beside her.
“Now we’re sky rovers.”
She smiled as she snuggled into his arm.
“Feels wrong for some odd reason.”
He hugged her.
“we’ll thunder along the road again soon. We’re just in a hurry right now.”
She had a relieved smile.
“This is fun, don’t get me wrong, just flying’s never really been my thing.”
“I forgot about that. Your cousin died in a plane crash, right?”
The pretty blonde hugged him.
“Yeah. Always makes me nervous, leaving the ground.”
“Odd that an angel is afraid to fly.”
She blushed as she kissed him.
“Smooth. But thanks.”
“Sure, Kaori.”
The blonde settled against him, as they watched the clouds go by. Tyler picking out sky sharks here and there as they went.
“It weird I kinda wanna see a dragon kill one?”
Kaori watched as a 150 foot specimen that was merely a larger great white shark drifted up beside the ship close enough Tyler and Kaori could make the indentations in its skin. Tyler held the now trembling Kaori as the beast waved its ten foot tall tail back and forth to move through the air.
“It’s okay, kaori. Long as we leave it alone, it’ll ignore us.”
She clung to him as the beast did indeed ignore them.
“Still not used to seeing a shark that size right next to me.”
He stroked her long blonde ponytail as he hugged her.
“Sharks always did scare you. Thank Jaws for that one.”
She smiled, as Greg came over to look at the beast alongside his ship.
“Magnificent, aren’t they?”
Tyler chuckled.
“Even if seeing flying sharks still goes against the grain.”
Greg laughed.
“Sailors say that all the time. And to be fair? Can’t really blame them.”
Tyler smiled,
“No you cannot.”
The Skyshark drifted off on it’s way as the Nidhogg went on its own. Tyler kissed kaori, just cause it felt right as Greg chuckled.
“We’ll be in TopLeaf in two hours.”
Tyler smiled.
“Aye aye Cap’n.”
The airman walked off laughing as The Warriors watched the world go by. They both felt the presences of both Sallie and Sylvia sitting between them as they got to experience an airship for the first time. Tyler looked around at the deck, as the tasks were completed. Sera and Lily had sat by the prow of the ship to watch as they flew, Malico was laying by a cannon in a patch of sunlight, Lucy was sharpening her axe, Vixen was getting admiring gazes as she sat on a set of steps, Lillia was doing practice swings with her blade, Wulf was talking with a lookout, and Thistle was up in the crows nest with another lookout. Tyler rubbed Kaori’s arm as he happened to glance into the distance. HE then spotted a familiar shade of green amongst the white and blue of the sky.
“Heads up! Furiosa is headed in our direction!”
the crew gave a collective gulp, as Greg came to stand beside the calmly watching duo.
“Yup, that’s the Forest Queen alright. Hope she’s in a good mood.”
Tyler smiled as he stood.
“She’s probably looking for me. This point, it’s a kinda running gag that every dragon we see wants a word with us. Though, for once, I’d like a word meself.”
Tyler pulled out his gem pouch, and waited for the bulk of Furiosa to position itself alongside the craft. Tyler smiled as he looked into her eye.
“Morning Furiosa. Gems?”
She laughed.
“Not today Warrior. I understand you sought council?”
HE smiled again.
“I did indeed. I had a word with an airship seeking clearance for liftoff. Their attitudes were what made me think informing you was the best course.”
The green dragon looked at him curiously.
“I see. Very well, what was their disposition?”
HE rubbed his temples as he explained.
“They claimed that you, the dragons, NEED to SHARE that sky. Claiming they had a right to it as you do.”
Furiosa blinked. Twice.
“Your response?”
“I asked the idiot if he had wings on his back. After flat out TELLING them they have NO right up here.”
She chuckled as she saw his reasoning.
“I take it they forced the issue?”
“I shot that thing out of the sky myself. Reason for this council, is if they are possessed of THAT type of arrogance, then I think the sky needs to fall. Just to drive the point home, that NO they have NO claim to the blue. With the SOLE exceptions of this vessel I am currently in, and any I deem worthy.”
Furiosa considered this as Tyler rubbed his head as a mounting headache throbbed behind his eyes.
“Be ya ill lad?”
HE just smiled at the green dragon.
“Not at all. Just I have always found this kind of idiocy particularly draining.”
She sighed in sympathy.
“Believe me lad, I feel the same way. What of the ships that have complied?”
“Willingly?”
“Indeed. A few crews rejoice when we visit them. And they have all been willing to meet our rules.”
“Me thinks they just want a close look at a high dragon, and really? Who can blame them? If they’ve complied willingly, then they may keep their sky pass.”
Furiosa laughed.
“I can see your reasoning for seeking council, as arrogance of that kind is always a bad sign.”
“Scary part? An elf gave me that line, and the crew of the ship were slaves as well.”
Furiosa then looked at him.
“I understand you had a hand in the recent ascension.”
“I did.”
She looked deeply into his soul.
“I could feel you charging the Roar.”
Tyler tilted his head.
“Okay?”
She was still looking at him.
“Are you deliberately torturing yourself to fuel it?”
“I am.”
Kaori sighed as she smacked him. Furiosa looked at her.
“He’s done this before?”
Kaori looked at the dragon.
“He has, Sky Lady. Back when he had his split personality, The Monster as it was called, he’d deliberately torture himself mentally to feed the thing to keep it from escaping. It was a vile creature made of all the pain he had suffered, so he could still be him.”
Kaori smacked him again as he looked at her.
“Plus, he does that nearly subconsciously. He says his mind is a torture chamber, for it is. And he’ll lock himself within it in order to chastise himself of some mistake or regret. Justified or not.”
Furiosa looked to Tyler now.
“You seek to add to its power.”
Tyler sighed.
“I do. With the force I can pack into it right this second, two square miles would be a crater a hundred feet deep, with only myself and my friends walking away.”
He looked at her.
“For, sometimes, the only thing to do is wipe the broad.”
Furiosa lowered her head in pity.
“You’re willing to sacrifice yourself, mind, body and soul to protect them. A truly noble thought, yet, the strain.”
He chuckled.
“Nothing compared to when the Monster was locked within me.”
Kaori sighed again.
“He wouldn’t tell even if it was.”
The dragon sighed as well.
“Those spirits feel the rage and pain themselves, you know.”
Kaori rounded on Tyler.
“Did you know?”
HE clenched his fists.
“Sylvia told me yesterday.”
The blonde’s voice was full of razors.
“And you’re STILL doing that? TO THEM?”
Tyler sighed.
“I can’t give up this ace, Kaori. With it, even if the entire world comes at us, we’d still win.”
She glared at him.
“And all it will cost is the continued torture of those two girls.”
Tyler glared at her himself now.
“Sylvia asked that exact question, kaori.”
She looked at him.
“What question?”
“If I had to choose, between them, or you, who would I pick?”
She was trembling now.
“What did you say?”
“I told Sylvia and Sallie to their faces, that if it ever came done to them or you. I’d choose YOU. Without hesitating.”
His voice was firm and resolute, and Kaori hung her head as she sniffed.
“You are willing to go that far, for me?”
“I am.”
He looked to Furiosa.
“If I understood the explanation of the power correctly, whatever feelings I pack into the blast will leave me.”
The dragon sighed again.
“Indeed they will. Think of a dammed river that flooded a valley, once that dam breaks, the water rushes out, and the valley is emptied again.”
“And if the dam is put back?”
“It would refill.”
Tyler looked at Kaori.
“I will do whatever I deem necessary to keep you alive. With a smile on my face.”
She hugged him.
“But, do you HAVE to make those girls suffer more just to protect me?”
He sighed.
“Right now, that power is my ultimate trump card. Even more than the other one. As much as I hate this, yes. I do.”
Kaori choked up at that, when she felt a poke from then presences of Sallie and Sylvia. Tyler smiled.
“Go have a word with the girls. Take a seat, close your eyes and focus on their presences. That will be enough.”
She nodded and sat under the stairs as Tyler looked to Furiosa.
“So, is there an issue with the new queen?”
Furiosa sighed, knowing he had made up his mind.
“No. She is a great choice. Just, beware that torture chamber, lest you go into it and never come back out.”

He smiled as he saw Kaori wrap her arms around two unseen shapes.
“That DOES look weird from this angle. But, I will try.”
She then blew a little smoke out of her nostrils.
“I see you still carry my gifts.”
“Thank you for those. Even though I have ZERO idea just what the hell I’m gonna do with them.”
She laughed.
“Most could think of a million uses for good dragon scale.”
“I got uses, problem is we just got new gear. I believe in if it’s not broke don’t fix it. We got like four demon horns cause of it, and things are too valuable to sell.”
She chuckled.
“If it’s not broke don’t fix it? It seems your world has many wise sayings.”
“Even if they ignore the wisdom within them.”
Furiosa bared her teeth in her version of a smile.
“I’ll pass along your ruling on the airships.”
“Thank you. Oh, and before I forget again. I got a question.”
She fixed him with an intense eye.
“Speak.”
“Just what the hell do those skysharks eat up here?”
She blinked, twice, before bursting out laughing so hard she nearly fell from the sky. Greg and his crew were shaking their heads, as the captain sighed.
“That boy reminds me more an more of ole Gru it’s not even funny.”
Furiosa got her mirth under control to speak again.
“Can I ask why you’re curious about their diet?”
“Just a mild curiosity.”
She laughed again.
“You are a very strange boy, seeking answers to questions no other human bothers to get an answer to, or dare. So, to answer your question? They feed off small creatures in the air similar to the whales of the sea and their food.”
Tyler rubbed his head,
“Yet they have all the features of active hunters.”
“They feed upon each other as well.”
“Ah, there it is.”
He let his head go as the head ache receded.
“Have anymore sharks been taken?”
She sighed again.
“Indeed lad. We also located those murderers of the Spirit girl, Sylvia.”
“Last we heard, they holed up in Term.”
“Indeed. That was where Ignatia tracked them to. Oh, and thanks a lot for giving that arrogant flame spitter an ego boost.”
Tyler smiled at her clear exasperation.
“Which one is he using?”
“Ugh! Both!”
He smiled as he shook his head.
“I can try one out for you as well.”
She smiled again.
“Do so.”
“Alright, let’s see. Oh! How about Nature Dragon Queen?”
Furiosa tilted her head.
“Furiosa the Nature Dragon Queen. That has a mighty fine ring to it.”
Tyler smiled ruefully.
“Forests are kinda hard to make a decent ringing title for a dragon out of. But, glad I got one.”
She chuckled,
“And it is a mighty fine one at that. I must take my leave now, as I must pass along the word of the arrogance.”
“If I need to seek you out again?”
“Merely say my name, or any of the Dragon’s you’ve been granted the title by, and they will hear and come.”
“Kinda wanna find a demon somewhere and sic Tempesta on it.”
Furiosa roared laughter as the others all groaned.
“By the scales lad, if you ever do so, please tell me how it play’s out.”
“Will do. Take care.”
She tilted on her wings and drifted away as a few large green scales were dropped on deck. By the departing dragon. Tyler added em to his poach as he chuckled.
“Well, NOW what will I do with these?”
He then looked to the crew.
“Appreciate it if you don’t go spreading the specifics about that.”
They all laughed, as Greg spoke for them.
“Aye lad. That was a sight to behold.”
“Thanks. Kinda thought you would, but hearing the words is better than assuming. Oh, and feel free to throw it in the other crew’s faces ya got an up-close look at Furiosa.”
That made them all laugh as Kaori came over and hugged him tightly. The blonde pressing her head into his shoulder.
“They said it doesn’t hurt as badly as I thought it did. Sylvia said that since she told you, you walled them off from the pain. They can still feel it, but they’re not in pain as I thought. They’re just sad you ARE in pain.”
HE wrapped his arms around her.
“I try Kaori. I promise you I do.”
She smiled.
“I just wish you didn’t have to carry it alone.”
“And YOU know I’d never share the weight.”
“Selfish bastard.”
“I love you, Kaori.”
She smiled and kissed him.
“And I love you, Tyler.”
He smiled as they both felt the two spirits hug them between them.
“And we love our girls, Sallie and Sylvia.”
“Very much.”
They looked over the rail of the ship, as Greg was heard clearing his throat.
“If ya quite finished making the rest of us mighty jealous, we’ll land in TopLeaf in five minutes.”
Tyler and Kaori looked at the men, smiled, and kissed again even more passionately, getting a rousing cheer from the rowdy ship’s crew. Then the STILL burning pile of goblin corpses was seen, which mildly surprised Tyler.
“Wow, that thing is STILL burning?”
That got a chuckle, as a crew member explained.
“Indeed, word is the town’s been relighting it as a warning to all that dare try it. I heard they intend to make a festival out of it as well. As on the day of the victory, they make a pile of wood, and light it aflame in honor of the Warrior party that saved their town.”
“I got a festival in me honor? Ha! Moving up in the world!”
The crew all laughed, as Tyler went to stand by Wulf as they descended.
“We still going to the Rock?”
The ranger chuckled, looking to where the two spirits stood.
“No need really. As I can see her at night if I wish.”
Tyler smiled,
“I’ll still leave another walnut for that guide though. Seems right.”
The ship landed in the hangar, and the Outcasts disembarked to go visit some friends and go to their tasks as the ship’s crew looked over the thing. Tyler and Kaori went straight for the Horse stables, where upon getting spotted were shown right to the grain, apples, and other feeds giving to horses. Tyler leaned against a gate as his competent friend did her work.
“She’s something, ain’t she?”
Tyler looked over as the Ferrier that had stabled their horses the last time came over to watch.
“That she is. Gods know she’s a hell of a girl, and an even better partner.”
The lad chuckled as he watched the industrious blonde shove her hands deep into the piles to check for dampness.
“I admit to some jealousy, sirrah, having a girl like that on your arm.”
Tyler chuckled as well.
“Aye, sometimes even I have a hard time believing she’s mine. But, as they say, truth is stranger then tale.”
“That be wisdom, sirrah.”
Tyler looked at him.
“Pray tell, what’s become fo the horse taken off the Coward?”
HE chuckled affectionately.
“Ole Atlas? She’s me niece’s horse now. Girl loves her dearly, and treats her like royalty.”
“Glad to hear she’s doing better.”
Kaori stood upright then.
“If you two boys are done discussing me like I wasn’t here, feeds clean.”
The Ferrier chuckled.
“We replaced it as soon as we got word.”
Tyler had a thought.
“Where’d it come from?”
“That shipment? From what I was told it came from a border town to the west named Trost. Logrian used a spell to let them know the grain had gone bad, and it was found out a group of Warriors had used the grain depot as a latrine.”
Tyler sighed.
“And they STILL tried to sell it?”
“It would seem so. Now the mayor of Trost is being brought up on charges of intentional horse poisoning, which in Vernillion is a hanging offense, as any idiot will tell you a good horse is worth more then it’s weight in gold.”
“Damn straight.”
Kaori dusted her hands off.
“I’d like to see the horses now.”
“Right this way Horse Mistress.”
Tyler smiled as they walked after the lad.
“Don’t even THINK of teasing me with that.”
“As the Lady of Horses says.”
“Damn. You really DO have a talent for titles.”
“And flattering the pretty ones as well.”
She hugged him as they reached the town stables. Tyler looking over his stats as Kaori did her thing. The Ferrier having work to do. Tyler smiled as he saw he had an extra 50 points to throw. I guess they’re either a level cap for the first wave, or we’re getting really high in the levels now. Or, goblins and those church idiots give really low Exp. I’m think it’s that one, as goblins on their own are not much of a challenge. HE looked at his build, and put 25 into agility, and 25 into physical defense. Then he saw an icon in the top right for titles. He opened it, and saw he’d earned the title Wandering Healer. It boosts healing spells and white path power as well. Way he got it was traveling around to different places and healing citizens while ALSO refusing payment. He closed it as kaori finished up.
“Verdict Doc?”
She pointed out three.
“Those three need healing.”
“Anyone else?”
“No, surprisingly. That one needs a good brushing, but nothing too bad.”
Tyler smiled as he cast his brown spell upon the three indicated.
“Alright Shadow. That’s done. I’ll go drop a walnut off for our friend, and we can roll out.”
She took his arm as they walked along the small stone path to the Guide’s Rock. Kaori looked at the inn they’d stayed in the night of their first.
“It’s tingling.”
HE looked at her.
“We got the time if you wanna.”
She blushed as she looked down.
“I wanna. But let’s see Melly first.”
He kissed her deeply as she sighed happily.
“But this is nice as well.”
He smiled at her.
“I love you, Kaori.”
She shivered.
“I love you too.”
They came to the rock then, and with their skill, could faintly see the outline of the two girls hugging the three foot tall squirrel. Tyler placed a small handful of large walnuts for the Guide.
“Thanks friend. We get to hold Sallie and Sylvia thanks to you.”
They heard the chatter as well as the giggling of the girls. Kaori smiled as well.
“Thanks for looking after her for us. Sallie, Sylvia, give him an extra warm hug!”
The outline showed the squirrel nearly get throttled by hug death as Tyler chuckled.
“Hug death is a truly terrifying thing to behold, isn’t?”
The duo laughed, as Tyler sighed.
“Okay, ladies. We need to get back to the Hog.”
The outlines split, and they all said farewell to their friend the squirrel guide. The offered nuts disappearing as the spirit squirrel chattered at the Warriors and their spirits.

Tyler and Kaori returned to Nidhogg to find Greg waiting for them.
“Problem?”
Greg rubbed his eyes.
“More issue. It would seem the Raylik has drawn the ire of a lord of bandits. As such, we need a royal’s permission to enter the area.”
“Sera! Lillia!”
Greg laughed.
“Oh right, I forgot.”
“We good?”
“The Nidhogg will aid the defense of the city.”
“Lets unleash hell.”
They all loaded in and the ship was off. Greg bringing Tyler, Wulf and Thistle to his captain’s quarters to use a crystal to contact Seline. The foxy lady was quick to answer.
“This is Seline, leader of Raylik.”
“Hiya me fox. Heard you needed some Outcasts.”
Her tails drooped with utter relief.
“Oh thank the gods. When will you get here?”
Greg chuckled.
“We’ll be in the sky in four hours.”
Her relief was so extreme, she was crying. Tyler sighed.
“What are we flying into Seline?”
She braced herself against an unseen table.
“A group of bandit camps have all banded together to assault me city. We’re holding them off, but we need aid, and the king has his hands full dealing with the Warriors.”
“Is Melly and our friends safe?”
“yes. All of them. We can hold them off for now, but we’re in dire straits.”
“Hold the Walls, Seline. Once we get there, those idiots will burn by dragon flame.”
Greg chuckled.
“I’ll sound the horn. We’ll get there in TWO hours or we have no business in the sky.”
Tyler scratched his head.
“I thought Willow said it’d take the Paladin 9 and she was the fastest craft in the sky?”
Greg just chuckled again.
“Boy, Nidhogg’s a fierce tiger. She uses skystone. Think Magicite for your sword, but a fuel for our ship. We can go from Term to Cragspire in 6 hours flat if need be. That said, once used, the stone needs to recharge for a period of two days on the ground.”
“get us there, and you and your crew will get a full week.”
Seline laughed.
“I WON’T tell Melly her heroes came to rescue her.”
“Oh, and tell Yoko to brush that tail, but DON’T tell her why.”
The sexy fox flicked her tails at him.
“Oh, I’ll be sure to. So you are aware, she’s been very……feisty of late.”
“I’ll calm her once the fireworks die down. Should be fun.”
That got a laugh from the other men, as Greg hit a patch on the wall.
“All hands, ready the stone! The city’s in trouble, and the Outcast’s eager to pet a raccoon.”
Kaori was playing with Sera when she heard that last bit.
“Great. I left the door open, so now he’ll go play.”
Sera giggled as she gave the exasperated blonde a hug.
“Yet we ALL know your still the favorite!”
Kaori tickled the black haired girl.
“And YOU’RE still a cutie!”
Tyler then looked to the patch.
“Outcasts, we’re flying into a battle, ready bows and ranged spells. Greg and his crew will touch down in the city so we can get the horses off the ship as fast as we can, then they will take up over watch above the walls as we lay waste to the bandit lord. Wulf and I will take the prow, all others, BREAK!”
Greg just watched as Tyler pulled his map of Raylik out to get a fresh look at the city and it’s defenses.
“That lad is a full general.”
Tyler spent less an thirty seconds looking at it before smiling.
“Seline has 8 hours tops before the walls are breached. We’ll be on the ground in two. All dead in one.”
He closed the map and pulled his bow.
“I’ll take the prow, since my eyes see further then any lookout.”
Wulf was right beside him as Greg saw to his own crew. Tyler climbed onto the long spike of the ram of Nidhogg as he looked at the ground and into the distance. An arrow nocked upon his bow, with Wulf just behind him, as he didn’t have either the strength or the balls to stand beyond the railing like Tyler was. Tyler had pushed his Farsight to the max as he sought to see the Spear and Raylik sooner.
“Wow, you’re even more intense then when the goblin army marched on TopLeaf.”
Tyler smiled.
“It’s MY turn to be worried, Wulf. MY friends are in that city. And Sera’s sister.”
The ranger got it then.
“You don’t want to see her cry.”
“Not if I can force a say in it.”
“Dragon off the starboard bow!”
Tyler looked to see a large blue shape headed towards them. He smiled.
“Hold to the course! It’s Tempesta! Full ahead!”
“Aye aye!”
Tyler held his spot as the Lord of blue drifted up beside him on the prow. Tyler was smiling as he waved.
“Hey Big Blue! I’d give ya some stones, but we’re kinda in a hurry!”
Tempesta laughed approvingly.
“Good to see that fire hasn’t gone out!”
Tyler let loose a breath of blue, just to show off.
“Wow, that was hotter an the last one, Wulf!”
Tempesta trumpeted in approval of his Warrior Spirit.
“That’s the way young one! Now, what’s got ya in such a hurry?”
“A friend o mine, and sister to that cutie there lives in the city of Raylik. Well, some idiot bandit lord’s come knocking, an the Lady Seline, place’s mayor, wants me an my crew to answer!”
Tempesta laughed.
“So you intend to unleash flame?”
Tyler smiled widely.
“It IS my favorite trick. Shoulda seen the face of that rage demon I barbequed with it. I swear to you the thing shit itself!”
Tempesta looked at him.
“Ahhh, I sense the Demonslayer, and Demon’s bane titles in you.”
“I got a rage, pride and whatever that third thing was. Oh, and a doppelganger.”
“Doppelganger? I seek to here this tale.”
“Check it. Thing snuck into the Cragspire palace, borrowed Tatiana’s form to imprison her dragon friend Glacious-“
“GLACIOUS THE CRYSTAL?!”
Tempesta bellowed with rage then, and the vessel shook from the force, as he glared at Tyler with a blazing eye.
“IS. SHE. SAFE?”
“She is indeed. And unharmed. She gave me her Dragon Friendship and her breath.”
Tempesta’s breath of relief was like a massive gust of wind, as Tyler breathed the crystal flame.
“I am relieved she is safe. Continue the tale, lad.”
“Sure. Thing imprisoned her to steal her own form. I saw through it the moment my titles of dragon friends and Ambassador had no great effect on a dragon of her size, that and the error in judgement to challenge my strength, as it was far greater than her own. Clincher was when I pinned the thing to the ground, and felt now brittle her scales were. Young dragon or small dragon, NO dragon scale feels like it were made of glass. So, I called it out, and the idiot had the audacity to take MY form to kill ME with it!”
Tempesta snorted.
“Wow, even I know that won’t work. Only way to kill you is a, in your words, straight up shitfight.”
“And most times I’ll just stomp a mudhole through ya. Others, well,”
Tyler smiled evilly.
“If I don’t get you, the Demon will. So, ya better hope yer first shot kills me.”
Tempesta shuddered again.
“I am aware of the Demon in you. And no, I won’t tell of it.”
“So, now I’m curious.”
Tempesta chuckled, guessing his question.
“Glacious is my young.”
“Yours and Furiosa’s?”
HE laughed.
“Indeed, lad. So, it seems I owe you a debt for rescuing her.”
“Nah, I got my due with the Mythril, flames and just not dying that day.”
Tempesta laughed again, when he noticed a pair of small spirits gaping at him next to Tyler’s legs. He sighed sadly.
“I see. You’ve become a Holy Muse.”
Tyler smiled.
“I did. The elf is Sylvia. The green haired cutie is Sallie.”
Tempesta took another look at him.
“I sense…..a most violent rage within you now. And a regret so deep even I feel a tear. It would seem these too poor souls mean very much to you.”
Tyler sighed.
“They do. And, I’d prefer to not have to fight off an explosion right now. So, I’d like to just let it lay.”
Tempesta’s eye was full of pity.
“Pain, rage, regret, and a ferocious helplessness, all wrapped in a father’s wrath. It seems the time after my visit was not kind.”
“It was. Problem was the other Warriors. And my own family. Those monsters got Sylvia, and did the exact same thing to her as they did me. Sallie was left to die by the Coward, and had to watch her hero turn her back on her pain. I too know that pain well.”
HE sighed, as he looked down.
“They got screwed out of their lives and their adventure. So, we’re trying to give them one now.”
He reached up and clutched Sylvia’s locket in a fist, as Tempesta looked to the small spirits.
“I see. So, you were granted that as well. You two spirits are very fortunate indeed, to both find the last True Warrior, AND have the Reaper take pity upon you to that extreme.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Everyone loves those two. Seriously, show me a cuter, sweeter pair, and I’ll show you a liar.”
HE felt their happy giggle, as Tempesta chuckled with approval again.
“Lad, you are a most amazing human. And I still owe you a debt for saving my young one.”
Tyler second broadsword glowed, and he felt it get lighter, restoring a balance he had not even notice had been off.
“Thank you, Tempesta, even if you owe me nothing.”
The dragon snorted.
“Boy, there is a fine line between honorable and churlish.”
“Okay, fair point.”
Tyler smiled.
“Okay, I got one.”
Tempesta looked at him curiously.
“Now I’m concerned.”
Wulf chuckled.
“Lord, with HIS ideas, you should be terrified.”
The dragon’s eye went wide as it could go as he heard the spirits tell him of his idea for Malico’s tail and Kaori. He looked at Tyler with a mixture of both admiration, fear, and a little nervousness at what the smiling boy could come up with for his debt. Tyler, for his part, had guessed EXACTLY what the spirits had told him.
“Believe me, they loved it. And so did I.”
Tempesta just burst out laughing so hard, he nearly fell from the sky at this evil genius. The crew just sighed and went with it, as with Tyler, it was usually best to just smile and nod. Then Tempesta was back.
“You’re insane.”
“Well, thank heaven for that, cause otherwise this’d probably never work.”
“By the scale, you scare me you know that?”
“Pff, I scare EVERYONE, what makes you special?”
Tempesta was laughing again, as Tyler laughed with him. Then Kaori nudged Malico.
“It me? Or they seem like father and son?”
The cat girl was smiling at the interaction between Tempesta and Tyler.
“I was getting the same feeling. Maybe the Lord of Blue has taken him under his wing?”

Tempesta sighed.
“Okay, lad. What’s your idea?”
“Just some scales to round out my collection thus far, and a lift to the city with the spirits and Kaori to help the city.”
The ENTIRE ship went silent at what he had just proposed Tempesta do. Wulf just backed away slowly from the now blinking in shock Tempesta. Tyler for his part was still smiling as he saw the nuclear bomb go off behind Tempesta’s 5 foot eye. Then Kaori was heard to burst out laughing as she came to stand in Wulf’s now vacant spot.
“How long you been planning THAT sales pitch?”
Tyler looked at her.
“Since I first saw him in the sky. I mean COME ON! A dragon! You really thought I wouldn’t be looking for a chance to play Dragon Rider?”
The blonde laughed again, as Tempesta began to recover.
“You really ARE insane!”
“worth a shot right?”
Tempesta just burst out laughing again, and he even had bits of blue flame coming out of his nose as he snorted with humor.
“Boy, you ARE insane! What human in their right mind would seek to travel by dragonback?”
“Who WOULDN’T?”
Tempesta chuckled as he used his tail to place a three foot tall pile of 20 scales on the deck.
“These are a small price to pay. As for that other thing? Well, why NOT?”
Kaori went bone white as the dragon agreed to Tyler’s ridiculous idea. Tyler was laughing as he placed the scales into the pouch.
“Wow, barbie, not gonna faint are you?”
She blinked,
“Tempesta is just as insane as you are. There goes my peaceful sleep.”
“Well, Kaori, to be fair, Sallie and Sylvia are a lot to handle.”
He felt both girls giggle as Kaori sighed.
“Ya know what? Fuck it. I die, I can say I flew on a dragon.”
Tyler looked to Wulf’s white face.
“Your crew.”
HE nodded as Tyler swooped Kaori up into a princess cradle.
“Kinda wanted to carry like this for a while now, but the right opportunity never came.”
Tempesta lowered a wing.
“This will be the stuff of legends, boy.”
“I may not know a lot, but DAMN, if I don’t know how to make a point!”
Tyler ran to the side of the boat, jumped up onto the rail, and leapt, with Kaori screaming in excitement in his arms, across a gap of sky with a thousand foot drop to the ground, to slide along Tempesta’s wing like Tyler was sliding on ice to the six foot spikes along his back. Tyler then carried the flushed with excitement blonde to a spot just behind Tempesta’s head, where they settled with a grip on his horns. The pair could feel Sallie and Sylvia’s spirits sitting between Tyler’s legs, as Tempesta chuckled.
“You kids sure you’re ready for this?”
“I have DREAMT of this ever since I read of a dragon in a book!”
“I’m ready! This is gonna be great!”
Wulf watched as Tempesta drifted away from the Hog, Tyler and Kaori waving as he flapped his wings with a thunderclap.
“THAT is how Legends start.”
The captain of the Nidhogg, Greg, came stand beside the elf.
“We just witnessed the birth of a pair of Legends that will be sung about for generations to come. A pair of Warriors riding Tempesta to the aid of a city that their friends live in? I was honored to be a part of such a legend.”

Tyler had Kaori sitting in front of him, as since he was the strongest, griped the horns to keep them in place. Kaori’s ponytail was strewn out behind her, and Tyler pushed it over his shoulder as the dragon sped along the sky near the speed of a jet. The wing beats and movement of the dragon feeling more like they were flying on a large snake with a furnace beneath the scale. Tyler was laughing wildly.
“Now THIS is how you travel!”
The pair could see over his scales just fine, and in ten minutes saw the Spear of Raylik rapidly approaching. Tyler smiled widely.
“Hey, lets make a fucking entrance, Tempesta.”
The dragon smiled as well.
“What do you have in mind?”
“Well, that bandit army needs a real fire lit under their asses. Shall we warm them up?”
The dragon laughed hard.
“Boy, I love that idea. And it would seem we’re just in time to render aid.”
Tyler and Kaori used Farsight to see a large army assaulting the walls, and Tyler frowned.
“Wait, what the hell? Seline said a FEW bandit lords. Okay, we need answers. Torch and burns still a go, but me an Kaori will take a designated survivor for my interrogation.”
She nodded as Tempesta altered his flight path.
“Boy, I’ll use my power to get that leader on a projection for you.”
“Wow, guess dragons get all the toys. Patch her in, flame bro.”
An image of Seline was seen then, and she seemed VERY confused.
“Tyler? Why are you so clear?”
Tyler smiled.
“Are you on the wall?”
“We are, and we need your help!”
“Look up.”
Her image did look up, and she gaped.
“Yeah, I brought a friend. Tempesta, shall we crash this ball?”
He chuckled as he angled downward.
“Let’s. Lady Kaori, you’ve been granted my flames as well. Let’s make a scene!”
He then roared out his challenge as the battlefield went silent, as both sides looked up to see the blue dragon Tempesta diving to join the fray, with Tyler and Kaori sitting just behind his head holding his spikes. The defenders on the wall raised a massive cheer as the enemy army screamed in terror as Tempesta flew overhead, loosing his blue flames with Tyler and kaori breathing their own flames as well. That single pass lit a massive wall of flames along the front of the attacking army, effectively blocking entry into the city with a wall for hellish flames as Tempesta landed, Tyler and Kaori leaping to the ground hands on weapons.
“I’ll stay here and keep them from escaping.”
“Thanks Tempesta! Let’s have fun!”
Tyler reached up, and grasped his two broadsword hilts, and drew them both as the army of still 600 strong charged them. Tyler smiled as he took in a deep breath, with Kaori doing the same.
“OCEAN DRAGON ROARRRRR!”
“STORM DRAGON ROARRRRRRR!”
They sent twin waves of blue flames into the faces of the enemy, as Tyler played his next card.
“WATERWALL!”
A thirty foot wall of water rose out of the ground to pin the soldiers between his wall of water, and a rapidly spreading through the ranks flaming inferno. Then Tyler used another spell.
“WATERBURST!
A forty foot ball of water dropped into the center of the army, trapping a solid fifty within it’s water’s death. Then it burst, sending a mass of water spikes to impale soldiers through mail and plate. Kaori smiled as she waved her hand.
“Lava field!”
The land under the feet of the solders thirty feet from the water wall base became the hottest of lava, as Tyler got a nasty idea.
“Hey, barbie, remember that lesson on underwater volcanoes?”
Her eyes lit up as she cast the same spell again as Tyler cast his other spell.
“Water fall!”
Result? A massive explosion that blew a hole in the ground in the first ten ranks of Soldiers twenty feet deep, and killing two hundred flat out with the shockwave alone. Tyler smiled widely, as he looked to his white path’s ace: Divine retribution. He cast it, and the barrier was set and invisible as the now sufficiently recovered army set its mages to casting spells. Tyler and Kaori drank a bunch of mana potions to refill their pools, before firing arrows loaded with nasty enhancements into the ranks of the trying to push forward soldiers. All the while Tempesta was watching two Warriors slaughtering an army of hundreds.
“That boy may be the strongest human, but that blonde is no slouch either!”
Tyler and Kaori were smiling as the piles of the dead grew before them, as Divine Retribution’s charging was completed. Tyler spread his arms wide, making the barrier into a wall, and pushing forward as he roared.
“DIVINE RETRIBUTION!”
The wall then fired a massive beam of white power that tore a grove in ground ten feet wide and ten feet deep as it reduced another hundred soldiers to mere corpses. Then Tyler grasped the hilts of Fafner and Gleipnir, and pulled both blades from the ground,
“We only got a hundred left. Let’s hurry up.”
Kaori couched with her katana.
“Lets.”
Tyler surged forward with Kaori right beside him as they tore into the survivors. Tyler’s dual Mythril broadswords carving soldiers like a razor blade through paper. Kaori’s dance of death making the very air bleed, as Seline and her defending army watched as two Warriors laid waste to an army of six hundred…..with the aid of Tempesta himself as he watched the battle with an approving eye. Tyler and kaori smiled as they met in the middle of the army they had just killed. Out of six hundred men, only one yet drew breath. Tyler was coated in a paint of red as he dragged the screaming man to an open spot underneath Tempesta’s now curious gaze. Kaori was also cloaked in red, and her blonde hair was now stained a dusky crimson as Tyler crouched to look at the terrified man.
“So. Where’d you come from?”
The man gulped.
“I’ll die before I tell a monster like you!”
Tyler just smiled, as he drew his Sgian Dao.
“Good. I was hoping you’d be an idiot.”
Kaori sighed.
“Can you make it quick? I………wanna take a bath.”
“Sure.”
Tyler got up, and retrieved a fallen spear. He was whistling as if this was just another day on the job as he flipped the amore damn over, tore his plate legs open exposing his rear, and placed the blunt end of the spear against his cheeks.
“Talk, or this is going up your ass.”
The man screamed.
“JUST WHAT THE HELLS IS WRONG WITH YOU?”
“Wrong. Answer.”
Still whistling he applied a steady pressure, and the object began to penetrate the man’s rear, as he screamed and clawed at the dirt,
“Talk, dammit. I’m getting bored.”
“Alright! Okay I’ll talk!”
Tyler chuckled as he looked at a now shocked Tempesta.
“See? Once I get my claws on them, they ALWAYS talk.”
The dragon shook his head.
“Boy, that was just plain scary.”
“I can break a man’s spirit very easily. It’s a hobby.”
Tyler looked at the man now holding his nearly violated rear.
“So. Where’d this army come from?”
The man was sobbing.
“We were paid by a group of Warriors to force the city to open its gates to them. We already tried Dragul, but the leader Kazuma and the defenders were too strong.”
“You a mercenary company?”
“Aye sir. We were originally a thousand strong, but Dragul took a lot, and we lost then rest here.”
“What the hell did they give you for this kinda stunt?”
“A mass of gems, coin, and the promise of any women we took a fancy to.”
“Did you get the coin and gems?”
“Our leader got the pouch. His body is over there under them.”
Kaori extracted the pouches in question.
“What’s their definition of a mass?”
“5000 gold, 400 diamonds, 500 sapphires, 300 emeralds, 4 opals, and a rather large amethyst.”
Tyler became thoughtful.
“That’s a decent haul alright.”
HE looked to Tempesta, to Kaori, then the walls. The blue dragon chuckled.
“I can FEEL that mind thinking.”
“Just wondering how to play it. One hand, I want to keep that mass of gems, for, ya know, dragon bribes. The coin too. Same time, I’d like to give Seline the coin to fix her city, and you the gems as thanks for everything. Just a few options and none really bad.”
The dragon rumbled in amusement.
“I repaid a debt to you for saving my young. Would you not do the same for the one that saved kaori?”
Tyler smiled.
“Again, fair point. Maybe I should stop looking a gift dragon in the flames.”
That got a chuckle as Tyler looked at the man.
“You the only merc crew?”
“Just the largest.”
“Okay, here’s your deal. You’ll go spread the word that mercs are NOT to have ANYTHING to do with the Warriors besides hiring them for jobs. If any try to hire you, with the exception of myself, Kaori and Kazuma, the answer is no. Or, you will all be roasted like the rest of you were.”
The man nodded, and was sent on his way with a tale of fire and dragons. Of a nearly successful campaign that had ended in the slaughter of his entire army at the hands of two Warriors. QAs he went, Tempesta looked to Tyler.
“I have fulfilled my debt to you, boy.”
“Thanks again Tempesta. Was fun.”
The dragon laughed.
“I have not had that kind of fun in far too long. It was good to fly to war again.”
“You ever get bored, well, we got room for dragon support in our nuthouse.”
HE burst out laughing at the thought.
“Careful, just what would you do if I agreed?”
“Long as you agree to my camp rules, welcome to the team.”
HE looked at him.
“Okay, now I’m curious. Camp rules?”
“Sure. 1: As the strongest HUMAN on the team, I hold the coin. 2: no work no food. In MY camp you pull your weight. 3: and this more for the ones that fit, in a town or village, we ALL share a room to share coin. My unspoken rules are simpler. Keep our secrets, follow my orders, and don’t get on a high horse.”
Tempesta got a most thoughtful look in his eye.
“I must admit, I find this proposition….tempting indeed.”
“Well, why not?”
The dragon looked at him.
“Hmmm, what if a member wished to part ways?”
Tyler opened his mouth to answer, only to become thoughtful himself.
“Huh. Ya know sumthin? I missed that one. Well, long as you keep our camp secrets, you’re fine. If one wishes to part ways, we’d give them a share of the coin we had on hand and wish em well. Though, if they wished it further down the line they wanted in, we’d welcome them back with open arms.”
Tempesta lifted his arm to scratch his chin as he considered the option.
“Run with a Warrior party. A very intriguing proposition.”
“Hey, just a thought. But, you DO hate the demonkind right?”
HE looked at him.
“They killed a young of mine once.”
“Well, besides my absolute annihilation of the goblin race, hunting demons is also fun. We’ve killed three thus far.”
Tempesta’s eyes started to smolder.
“You hunt to fell beasts?”
“They stole my title damn it! Ya damn right we hunt them!”
HE smiled with a savage glee.
“I will make a deal with you boy.”
“This is gonna be good.”
“As much as I would like to fly with a Warrior party, I’m afraid if such a thing were to occur it would destroy the balance of the waves forever more. That said, should you encounter demonkind of any kind, use my name to summon me, and we will kill it together.”
“I get the loot, right?”
“Long as it dies screaming.”
“And is made to look UTTERLY stupid. Oh, and fair warning, but we HAVE found a demon chamber underground.”
“What kind of demon?”
“A pride demon.”
Tempesta growled with a fury that Tyler understood perfectly.
“Was it slow?”
“I sent that thing to hell in pieces, taunting it the entire time.”
Kaori laughed.
“He literally left it’s heart as a circle he’d cut out as he carved it like a blind butcher with a chopping fixation.”
“Nice image.”
“Nice image.”
Both human and dragon spoke the exact same thing at the exact same time. They then looked at each other, and burst out laughing. Then Tempesta looked at Tyler again.
“A pride was the one that killed Glacious’ sister.”
“Well, I understand. And, we killed one.”
Tempesta spread his azure wings wide.
“Do we have a deal?”
Tyler smiled.
“We do. When we encounter demons in the field, we’ll call in dragon support.”
Tempesta then placed another 20 scales upon the ground and Tyler smiled as he added them to his pouch.”
“We got a rather large amount of these now, and I STILL have no fuckin clue what I’ll do with them. Thank you.”
“Take care young ones.”
“Oh, real quick.”
“What?”
“What if we encounter demons in the waves?”
Tempesta sighed.
“Alas I cannot enter a wave once it’s started.”
“We’ll deliver the horn as prove of kill.”
The dragon smiled.
“I shall reward you in such a circumstance with more scales.”
“Well now, sounds like fun.”
HE flew off as the Nidhogg came in the deposit the other members of the party on the ground, along with the horses. They took one look at the blood drenched pair, and sighed.
“Greedy bastards.”
They all laughed as Tyler looked to the walls.
“All clear! Search the dead on your end, we’ll do so on ours!”
That broke the city out of it’s stupor, as the walls erupted into a waterfall of cheers as the gates were flung open and the work begun to clean up the mess. And for the next two hours, the corpses were searched of all coin, valuables, and banned spells. Tyler used a water spell to clean himself and Kaori up best he could as they aided in the work. The Outcasts met Seline’s men in the center, and then the bodies piled high so Tyler could set it aflame. He used Glacious’ crystal fire to make the point, and he and his party were welcomed back with a hero’s fanfare. Tyler astride Thunder and Kaori Gloss. Once inside the city gates, Seline was waiting to hug the heroes that had saved her city.
“Thank you.”
The tall woman was nearly crying as Tyler and Kaori hugged her. Then Tyler chuckled.
“Like I’d let my favorite fox down. Here.”
HE passed the pouch of 5000 gold.
“For damages.”
She had full-blown tears in her eyes now as she took the king’s treasure.
“We will be able to repair all the damage to the town, pay our soldiers, repay our doctors and healers, and even upgrade our walls.”
Tyler smiled as he spotted a small shape forcing her way through the crowd.
“You sent for us, Seline. We came.”
She hugged him again tighter.
“And you saved our beautiful town. Again.”
“Like I’d let Melly there get hurt.”
The small red haired girl came in squealing to hug Tyler.
“I saw a dragon! From the walls!”
HE lifted her up onto his arm as he hugged her.
“I KNEW that was a good idea!”
She giggled as she hugged him again.
“You staying long this time?”
“Need to double check with my crew, but we do have work in Yalik that needs to be seen to. Afterwards? I’ll let you in on a party secret.”
She squeaked, and lowered her ear so he could whisper in it.
“After we got back from Yalik, we’re setting up shop in Raylik until the wave starts.”
She gasped hard.
“Really?”
HE hugged her again.
“Sera said she wanted to see you, so yup.”
That got a giggle, and he set her down, only for Sera to get her with hug death. Tyler smiled as he looked around.
“So. When’s the party?”
The gathered crowd burst out laughing as Seline smiled.
“I’d like to ask you to aid our healers.”
“Sure. Outcasts! Remember! Lily, Sera, and Lillia don’t go anywhere alone. Other than that, we’ll be here a few days. Annnnd scatter!”
Tyler followed Seline as she led the way to the hospital, and he noticed she was wearing a red robe cut in the back to allow for her tails to float freely. She saw him looking at her tail, and flicked it at him.
“Interested?”
“Sure.”
She smiled happily.
“So you know, Yoko’s just returned from a rather……thorough bath house visit.”
“I’ll find her after. We’ll spend a few days in the city, in case of straggler, and to help with repairs.”
She smiled as her twin fox tails flicked again.
“And me?”
HE smiled widely as well.
“Well, I’m I can fit you somewhere. In the meantime, that blonde was eyeing that rack and that foxfur.”
She just shook her head.
“There goes my poor city.”
“And your ability to walk.”
“Wow, does she fully understand what she’s unleashed upon her own kind?”
Tyler laughed.
“Oh, she knows. C’mere.”
Now curious, Seline leaned in so he could whisper into her twitching fox ear.
“I suggested Malico use her tail as a sword in Kaori’s kitty. And guess what? They loved it!”
Seline blinked, twice, before she went BEAT red as she pictured the scene. Tyler laughed.
“So yeah. She knows EXACTLY what she’s set loose.”
Seline just looked at him, and curled her tails behind her protectively.
“Boy, as much as I love the touch of another woman, I fear you are going to RUIN me.”
HE leered at her, hard.
“That WAS my plan.”
She gulped.
“Now I’m nervous.”
“Let’s see to the wounded first.”
She sighed with relief at being let off the hook. Oh be still my poor heart! I haven’t felt like this for a man in two hundred years! Oh my poor little fox is aching! Tyler smiled widely as he saw he’d left her hot and bothered. Oh I am going to have sooo much fun this time! They went to the same hospital Tyler had visited the last time he’d been in town. They walked in to the sounds of moaning and groaning men after a long siege. Tyler looked around, looking at the injuries, gauging what spells to use. HE then spotted a familiar angel girl slumped by a wall.
“Melirica!”
She jumped as she recognized the voice, and when she saw Tyler approaching she breathed a very heavy sigh of relief.
“Oh thank the gods. Can you help us please?”
He patted her back.
“Like I’d let an angel down. I got this.”
Tyler set to his work with a will, and within the hour, every wounded person in the building had been healed. He was popping a mana potion as Melirica came over to hug him in thanks.
“I cannot thank you enough, mighty one.”
He stroked her soft bird wings, finding them similar in feel to the eagle he’d gotten in the Dark Forest. She giggled.
“That tickles!”
HE let her go, and she seemed a little saddened by it. He chuckled.
“We’ll be in town for a few days.”
HE smiled at her as her wings flicked a little.
“I fear I sense a defiling in my future.”
“You? A definite eventually.”
Seline sighed.
“Okay. You can stop now.”
“Eh, fine. I need to see Verilica. I guess I need to present my bestiary.”
The ladies all smiled.
“I’ll go get the party prep under way.”
“I’ll go get off my feet.”
Tyler smiled and walked off to the guild. HE was whistling as he went, with FOUR sword hilts over his shoulders, two short swords, and two broad, and a bow in the center he could easily reach. His quiver was also easily accessible, as it was an enchanted one half the size of a real quiver, and was placed on his lower back.
“Hail! Outcast!”
“Hail!” Tis still strange. Being famous.
He walked to the guild hall and through the doors. The place was just as rowdy as last time, as jokes, drinks, insults and challenges all soared through the air as a roaring fire warmed the place nearby. He smiled as he saw Verilica looking bored in the booth, and walked over.
“What up ma Imp?”
She jumped at the sight of Tyler walking right on up to her booth out of nowhere. The sexy feral imp recovered quickly however.
“Tyler! Welcome back!”
He smiled fondly.
“Nice to see you too Verilica. How have you been?”
She smiled, bearing her pointed teeth.
“I’ve been good. Bored, but good.”
HE smiled as he looked at the riotous gathering.
“I can see that. You ever wanna have fun, well, always wanted to play Imp wrangler!”
She chuckled heartedly.
“oh my, dear sir. What would that beautiful blonde companion say if I told her you were seeking me?”
“She’d ask me if I got you. She’s free now to let her wild side play, and given me the same freedom. So, play we shall.”
The imp flicked her forked tail.
“I pity the poor women of the realm now.”
“Oh, they’ll enjoy themselves. That is assured.”
She was loving the flirting,
“As much as I’m loving the genuine flirting, did you need something?”
“I was told I needed to present my Bestiary to the guild.”
Her eyes lit up with very eager fires.
“I see. I am now most eager to see what you’ve been doing of late.”
“Do all my party members need to be here?”
“No sirrah. As party leader, you will be representative.”
“Neat. Anything else?”
“We’ll also get a copy of any recent titles you’ve earned.”
“Oh, my dear Imp, you are going to lose it when you see MY names.”
Verilica left her both, and came to lead Tyler to a back room>
“Heeey! Verilica! He’s a bit young fer ya!”
Tyler turned right on the boisterous man.
“Young I may be, but at least I can STILL please a lady proper!”
That got a roar of approval as the bawdy men all laughed, as one man saw his face.
“Hail! Outcast!”
The room went silent, as Tyler chuckled.
“Hail!”
They then burst out cheering.
“OUTCAST! OUTCAST! OUTCAST!”
Tyler was laughing as he went into the room with Verilica. She then pulled up a screen for the guild.
“Okay, just place your hand on the interface. We use this in determining guild rewards, promotions, and what jobs you can actually handle.”
“Rewards?”
“Kill a certain number of monsters? Get coin. A legendary feat? MORE gold.”
“Well, mind go boom in 3.”
HE placed his hand on her interface, and the numbers of slain orcs, goblins, giants and a few demons exploded. Along with numbers of men. Verilica went pale at the sheer numbers for a single party.
“1000 goblins, 500 orcs, 50 stone giants, 1 Lesser rage Demon, 1 pure rage demon, 1 lower sloth demon, one greater lich, 1 high draugr, and over 2000 men slain by a single party? Okay, titles. 4 Dragon friends? Holy Adventurer, Demonslayer, demon’s Bane, Dragon Ambassador, Elven Champion, Warrior’s Council, Holy Muse, Peerless tactician. Forest Friend, and Wandering Healer?”
She looked at him with a mixture of awe and pity. Then her eyes glowed as she used a skill to see the two spirits. Then she sighed.
“You poor girls. I am so sorry you had to die to meet a True Warrior. But, at least you met him.”
Tyler chuckled as he felt the two girl sitting on his lap.
“Is that trick an ability of your race?”
She smiled.
“Indeed. I see the title Demonslayer, but, I am Devilkin. A minor difference, but a major one nonetheless.”
“Neat. So, what this net us?”
Verilica chuckled.
“The feats alone get you to drakolisk rank. The beasts? High Dragon rank. With a Magicite medal. Plus 400 gold coins for the slaying of so many monsters.”
“Nice.”
Verilica used a power to make his wooden medal turn into Magicite, as she slid 400 gold to him, which got added tom the pouch. HE smiled as he walked out with his new medal around his neck. The other adventurers all raised a mug.
“Hail! Outcast!”
“Hail!”
Tyler smiled as he bought a news crystal off Verilica to look at later. He’d had an idea, and so went to visit a magic shop. HE found the one he was looking for and found Roxy, the lady mage, looking at a book of reds.
“Hi Roxy. Nice to see your doing okay.”
She looked up, only to go a little pale at the sight of Tyler approaching her counter.
“Hi, Tyler. Nice to see you again.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I got a question for you.”
“No we haven’t gotten any new banned spells.”
“Not my question, but good to know.”
She closed her book.
“Okay. What’s yer question?”
“I was wondering if this world did enchantments? Like amulets that boost perception.”
Roxy blinked.
“You mean to tell me you haven’t been using ANY enchanted items?”
“No. All base gear.”
She sighed.
“By the gods. Okay, what are you looking for?”
“A necklace to deflect arrows aimed at my head.”
Roxy smiled as she placed a small necklace with a blue sapphire on the counter.
“This feeds of the blue path, and if an arrow is launched at an unarmored spot, will be deflected into the dirt.”
“That the only color you have?”
“I have one for every color.”
“Okay. We need three reds, one black, green, pink, two grey, and one brown.”
Roxy blinked.
“Yes I can pay for it.”
She laughed as she placed the requested colors on the counter.
“7 gold.”
He paid and placed the sapphire over his head. He looked around her shop then, seeking more holes he may have missed. He was flipping through a box of Licenses when Vixen came walking in. Tyler chuckled as he saw the busty black mage.
“Hey, foxy. Got a present for you.”
He gave her the necklace, and her dark blue eyes lit up.
“An arrow deflection necklace? A very wise move. I am surprised you just now thought of it.”
“Most of my ideas come from just letting my mind wander.”
Vixen donned the new accessory.
“What a good man, buying gifts for his ladies!”
“Kinda wanna get Kaori a ring to screw with her, but I fear I’d not live to see the sun go down.”
That got a laugh from the two ladies as he came across a black.
“Hey, Vixen. Got a black here.”
She walked over curious to look at it.
“Hmmm, Wailing Acid? Haven’t seen that in a few years.”
“It good?”
“Decent. Though, it’s true strength comes for the upgraded version, which is said to melt dragon scales.”
“Nifty.”
He bought her the spell, and she laughed.
“Ahhh, your spoiling me!”
“Not yet. Your still untouched. By me that is.”
Vixen smiled secretively.
“For now.”
They both smiled as they left poor Roxy blushing at their lewd talk.
“Where’s the others? I’d like to give them their new bling.”
Vixen thought for a moment.
“Wulf’s at Sylvina’s shop, Sera, Lillia, Lily and Kaori went to Tolic’s, Thistle is with Malico and Lucy at Twink’s shop, and that’s it.”
Tyler patted her back as he left to go see Wulf first, as he was looking forward to seeing Sylvina’s reaction to her legend coming true regardless. Tyler was smiling as he found her shop. Heading in he found Wulf looking at a new License while Sylvina added up some numbers for something. The elven lady looked up at the door and smiled widely as she saw Tyler walk in.
“I see the legend got you inspite of you.”
Tyler chuckled.
“More a friend asked me to help. And I couldn’t let her down.”
Wulf chuckled.
“Sylvia?”
“Is the real hero of legend.”
Tyler tossed the ranger the necklace.
“Keeps arrows from our non-armored parts.”
He laughed.
“Let me guess, you only JUST learned bout these.”
“Sadly yes.”
The ranger chuckled as Tyler looked at Sylvina.
“Well, I just came to bother Wulf and rub it in.”
She smiled widely.
“And show off for the pretty elven lady.”
“Lily’s not in here is she?”
That got a laugh of affection for the ferocious little elven girl. Tyler bid farewell and headed into Tolic’s shop where Lily was looking at a new hammer, Sera was looking at a new silver path dagger, Lillia was eyeing a scimitar, while Kaori looked at whetstone. The dwarf laughed heartedly as Tyler walked in the door.
“Hail me boy, looks like YOU have been BUSY.”
Tyler laughed as he walked to the counter.
“Sitting on me rear never really suited me well.”
That got a chuckle.
“So, need something or just here to see the ladies?”
“Bit or both, mostly the latter. Ladies, got something for ya.”
The girls all came over curious as he pulled their path necklaces out.
“These will keep arrows away from the goods.”
He put Lily’s and Kaori’s on for them, and they laughed.
“Found another hole?”
“Yep. Multiple ways.”
Lily hid the thing under her mail.
“Random gifts. Just as I would expect from my future husband.”
Tyler looked at a laughing Tolic.
“Her? I’mma a little outmatched.”
The dwarf laughed as Lily flipped a hammer.
“Aye lad. That ya be.”
Then he looked at him.
“So, ya said ya needed something.”
“Just wondering if you work high dragon scales or demon horn.”
Tolic blinked.
“High dragon scales?”
“I got ones from Furiosa, Tempesta and Ignatia.”
He blinked again, shocked.
“Um, I need to see these with me own eyes lad.”
“Eh, sure. Just keep it under ya we got them.”
He placed a scale from each dragon on the counter, and tapped them respectively.
“We got like 40 of her greens, 25 of the reds, and maybe 80 of his blue.”
Tolic picked the scale the size of a buckler up, and used his Appraisal to examine it.
“By the gods, these are REAL.”
Tolic tapped a knuckle, and it sounded like he tapped hard steel instead of a thing that came off a living creature. HE looked at him.
“Any other surprises ya got to give me a heart attack with?”
“Just more Mythril.”
Tyler pulled Oathkeeper and Tolic burst out laughing as he saw his work had been converted to purest Mythril.
“I see ALL your blades are Mythril now. I guess the stories of how it was worked are false.”
“They are, and I think that’s all I can really say about it.”
Tolic nodded.
“I understand laddee. Dragons and their secrets. As for your question? I can work these scales. Would it be easy like lisk? Not even a little.”
“At least we now know a smith that can. Our gear is good for now, and we don’t really NEED an upgrade for the time being.”
Tolic had a curious look in his eye.
“I am curious why. Any other gets their hands on a SINGLE scale, they come running to get a sword or something else.”
“If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. We’re set for now, and to be honest I have ZERO clue how to upgrade their gear.”
The more experienced dwarf looked at the ladies.
“Me advice? Armor. Never settle for good enough for armor.”
Tyler became thought himself now.
“You’re right. Lisk is great, and that mail saved Lily’s life once already. I got Mythril so I don’t really NEED anything. Okay, a set of vests for the crew, a new set of Lucy’s barbarian armor, Thistle’s blood dancer armor, and any leftover scale to arrows.”
Kaori looked at him.
“Even me?”
“And Malico. The amulets will keep the arrows off, but the mail everything else.”
Lily was nodding sagely.
“A very wise idea. Even IF it came from a dwarf.”
“I heard that missy.”
“Kinda hard not to, since yer what? Three inches up there?”
Tyler laughed.
“An elf and a dwarf bickering. There’s the stereotypical fantasy trope I was looking for.”
They all chuckled as well. Then Tyler looked to Tolic.
“Okay, red scale for Kaori, Lily, Sera, Thistle, Vixen, Lillica, green for Malico-“
“I want green!”
Tyler looked at Sera,
“Sure. Green for Sera.”
“Yay!”
“Green for Wulf, Lucy, and that should do it.”
Tolic nodded.
“I’ll need two scales for them all.”
Tyler placed four of each required scale on the counter. Tolic chuckled.
“I forgot. Quality. Okay, these will be nearly the same strength as Mythril, and every bit as light.”
Kaori tilted her head.
“Tyler, just how light IS your vest anyway? I don’t think I’ve ever held it.”
Tyler took it off and let her hold it. She was surprised.
“Wow, I feel like I’m not holding anything in my hands, yet I can see the thing in them.”
“I felt the same way when I held Oblivion after it became Mythril.”
“Boy.”
Tyler looked at a now saddened Tolic.
“What’s wrong?”
Kaori sighed.
“Your scars dingdong.”
“Oh.”
Tyler chuckled as he pulled his vest over his two trinkets.
“My family didn’t like me very much.”
Tolic sighed deeply.
“So, your strength is a by-product of hell itself.”
“Sure. Oh, and remember that group that got shown off a few days back? The wagoned whale?”
Tolic rested his head on the counter.
“Please, lad, don’t tell me.”
“With the exception of that tall man with the blonde hair? Yeah. MY family.”
“Boy, words cannot express my sympathy for getting raised by such monsters.”
“Eh, no biggee. I can protect me friends and Kaori. So, I won.”
The dwarf sighed again.
“Aye lad. Ya did win. Okay, so a set of vests made to fit, and arrows for the leftover scale.”
“I’ll call muster for measurements.”
The dwarf chuckled.
“Nice to see you remember.”
“Who are you?”
Kaori smacked him.
“No. There’s a limit for bad jokes. That was all the way in NO.”
Tyler laughed as he walked outside the shop and blew a loud whistle on his fingers. His crew came running. Then they all laughed as he told them his plan.
“So, you’re getting measured for new scales vests. ALL of you. These will keep the arrows from the unarmored bits.”
The party just laughed.
“I see he’s in THAT mood.”
“Love you do kittycat.”
They went back in and Tolic smiled at the newcomers.
“I see he’s been building his party well.”
“I know quality when I see it. The hell you think I brought Sera?”
“Aww! Thanks!”
“See? Camp cutie.”
That made the room glow, as Kaori had an idea, and came to whisper in his ear.
“Okay, tonight we are DEFINITLY introducing her to Sallie and Sylvia.”
“Oh my gods that’s a great idea.”
Tyler and Kaori looked at a now nervously smiling Sera.
“Why are you looking at me like that?”
“Nothing bad, Sera. Just an idea.”
“You’ll have fun, I promise.”
“Not THAT kinda idea either, since Wulf looks like he’s about to kill me.”
“More we know a pair we want to introduce you to.”
The elf in question had slowly been drawing his dagger, as he and everyone else, with the exception of Malico had thought something far worse, and they just sighed.
“We were really about to kill you this time. But I know who you mean, and Sera? You are going to freakin LOVE them.”
She smiled nervously.
“Who are they?”
“Just Sallie and Sylvia. Remember my Holy Muse?”
She gasped.
“You mean?”
“They REALLY need to experience that hug death.”
That made them all laugh as Tyler went back to the counter.
“Okay, Tolic, total?”
The dwarf crunched some numbers.
“All told? 500 gold.”
Tyler placed the amount on the counter.
“We’ll be in town for a few days.”
“Quality high dragon takes me one day.”
“A dwarf at a forge!”
That made him laugh, then he looked to the ladies.
“Me wife will get your measurements for me.”
Tyler smiled.
“I think, I’ll go find a place to look over the news crystal. Or go see Mia and get us a room.”
“Kay!”
Tyler laughed as he headed out, leaving the girls to get measured for their new gear. He walked along the road beside the river that flowed through town, looking for a quiet place to settle down. As he went, he heard a yell.
“Hey! Stop! Thief!”
HE looked to see Yoko the raccoon girl yelling as a man ran towards He smiled as he stepped In front of the man, grabbed his wrist, and kicked his ankle, flipping him onto his back with a heavy thud. He loomed to see Yoko come hurrying over in a light shirt and pants with toeless shoes. The pretty raccoon smiled happily and her tail started flickering excitedly as she saw Tyler had caught her thief.
“Hiya me sexy raccoon. Miss me?”
She blushed as she retrieved her pouch.
“Maybe a little.”
“Once I hand this idiot over, wanna go have some fun?”
She squeaked as Tyler shoved the man into the arms of the guard.
“Is it okay for you to bed me?”
“Long as you bed Kaori as well. But, somehow, I get the feeling you and her will have a LOT of fun.”
Yoko was now blushing hard,
“Hey, Tyler.”
Kaori came walking up at that exact moment, and smiled as she saw Yoko’s blush.
“Ohhh, is THAT how it is? Go have fun. I think I’ll go play with Seline for a while.”
Yoko’s raccoon tail was going wild behind her as Tyler took her arm as they walked.
“So, Yoko. Got a place in mind?”
She smiled with excitement.
“My place, if you don’t mind.”
“Lead the way my pretty raccoon.”
She had an extra spring in her step as she hurriedly led him to her home. She lived near the spear, in a homely building made of brick, and she was fumbling with her keys before she got her door open. Her home was neat and tidy, a small kitchen on the left, a living area to the right, and a hallway to the center. She kicked off her shoes, and Tyler followed suit before she led the Warrior to her bedroom in the back of the house, and had a happy flush as she stripped.
“Oh, I have been DREAMING of this!”
He stripped as well, and she gasped ass he saw his scars, but her next was of lust as he unsheathed his sword for her. She laid on her bed as he climbed up on her, and he smiled at the neat folds of her scabbard.
“Oh, I’ve been WAITING for you, Yoko.”
HE slid into her, and she moaned hard.
“Go slow but hard too.”
HE smiled as he took her hands and drew it out, only to slam it back in as she bucked into him, before losing herself and going wild. HE sat on his haunches as she spit roast herself upon his sword as he suckled at her large breast hungrily. She climaxed hard, before getting on her hands and knees, and lifting her tail.
“It’s ready for petting!”
HE laughed as he fit into her rear, pressing her thick barred tail into his chest as he gave her rear a good filling as well. Her tail was fluffy and soft as he stroked it, sending poor Yoko over the edge yet again, before she fell forward with him right on top of her. The raccoon girl was smiling happily with a satisfied blush on her face as Tyler tolled her onto her back. She smiled up at him as he laid on her again.
“I can’t take anymore, or I won’t be able to walk to work.”
HE kissed her soft lips as he ran his hands through her hair.
“That was fun, Yoko. We should do this again.”
She smiled happily as she wrapped her tail around his waist.
“We should, once I recover that is.”
He smiled as he laid beside her on the bed.
“So, how you need to let Kaori pet that tail I loved so much.”
The raccoon just smiled as she flicked him with it.
“Oh I will. Now, I have a question.”
“Sure.”
“Who are those two spirits that are following you? They’ve been applauding our performance and now I’m curious.”
“Can you see them?”
She smiled and kissed him.
“My race is closer to the spirits than most, so we can see them easier.”
“Sexy and mysterious? I think I found my new favorite person in this town. That elf is Sylvia, the green haired cutie is Sallie. I’m a holy muse.”
Yoko sighed sadly.
“I see. If you were to go to one of our villages, and say that, the entire village would all weep for them, as Holy Muses are seen as a truly tragic title. Can I ask how?”
“Sallie was left to die by the Coward, at the hands of no more then ten goblins, and she saw her hero leave her to her pain. I know that feeling well. Now, Sylvia? My family got her, and they gave me these scars, so I know exactly what they did to her.”
Yoko hugged him as she kissed him again.
“You care so much about them, because you WERE them.”
HE stroked her soft hair.
“Indeed. And now thanks to the muse, I get to know them as well. I love them as if they were my own, and it STILL enrages me they had to die to get their dream adventure.”
Yoko pressed her breasts into his scarred chest as she hugged him.
“They are so fortunate you found them. Regardless of the circumstances, they have you now. Take heart in that.”
Tyler smiled as he lifted the locket on his chest.
“I found Sylvia after, here, look.”
He popped it open, and Yoko smiled at the photo.
“Oh my, she IS a cutie. I think she looks better now.”
“Woulda been nice to see what she’d have looked like in a few years.”
“She’d have given Kaori a run for her crown of rare beauty.”
They laughed, as they could FEEL the embarrassment radiating from the presence of the small girl.
“I KNOW Sallie woulda been a great beauty as well.”
“With that hair and those eyes? By the gods, ALL would fall to their knees to worship a new goddess of beauty!”
“Throw in her sweetness and her way of lifting a room when she walks in, and yeah you get a recipe for a legendary beauty.”
Now BOTH presences were embarrassed. Tyler kissed Yoko again, before looking to the two faint outlines.
“Love you two.”
She giggled as she felt them go from embarrassed to glowing.
“You really are their father.”
He climbed up on her to kiss her again.
“And YOU’RE my sexy raccoon! C’mere!”
She laughed as he kissed her again, and gave her poor nipples another suckle,
“You’ve got quite the appetite.”
HE loved teasing her moderate cleavage.
“And you’re quite the feast.”
She sighed with happiness.
“As much as I want to go again, I got work in an hour.”
“Well, we’ll be in town for a few days. I’m sure we’ll get another chance to play before we head out.”
That got a chuckle.
“Well, so you know, I DO have day after tomorrow off.”
“And there goes your ability to walk.”
She laughed as he let her off her bed.
“Let’s clean up.”
“Sure.”
They bathed together, thought he couldn’t really keep his hands off her. She locked up after, as her tail twitched and bounced with joy. Then she headed off after getting a last kiss, an extra happy bounce in her stride.
“I fucking love this world, and this town.”
HE looked around,
“Eh, I’ll go bother Mia now.”
HE headed to the burly lady’s Inn, as he and his crew would be staying there while in town. He was whistling as he opened the door to her inn, only to see a man lifting a chair to smash into her unsuspecting back.
“Nu-uh.”
The man grew a dagger out of his wrist as he screamed and dropped the chair. Mia looked to see the fallen man, chair, and saw Tyler kick him. She smiled as she understood then.
“I see I owe ya yet again.”
Tyler chuckled as he clasped hands with her.
“Like I’d let Melly’s SECOND favorite person get jumped like that.”
She laughed as he pulled his blade free.
“And pray tell, who’s her first favorite?”
“Tch, Sera.”
They both laughed affectionately as they knew he was right. Tyler looked at the man, and chuckled as he got an icon for an active bounty.
“Well well. Yollock the Betrayer. Reward 300 alive for selling out his company to a bandit raid. Well, alright then.”
Tyler knocked him out as he hefted the body. Mia chuckled.
“You’ll want to be staying here again, right?”
“Yup. As far as rooms go? See how Kaori feels.”
“Lucky lass.”
Tyler smiled as he brought his newest prize to the Spear. He went to the booth where Yoko was just sitting down.
“Hiya, Yoko. Got ya a live one.”
She laughed.
“Missed me THAT much?”
“Maybe.”
Her tail waved as he set the idiot into the shackles. She leered at him as he did so, and he leered at her right back. Then he waited patiently as he stared at the sexy Raccoon.
“Hey, are you stalking her now?”
Tyler looked over to see Kaori stepping off the lift to Seline’s office, a very satisfied blush on her pretty face as she came over.
“Found a bounty, so just came to leer. You have fun?”
She smiled a little tiredly.
“Oh that fox is amazing! Things she can do with that tongue and those fingers! Ohhhhh, it’s STILL tingling!”
She looked at the happily flushed Yoko.
“Did YOU have fun?”
The raccoon smiled.
“Oh, he was forcefully gentle and now I’m having a hard time sitting. Oh, and he has a LOT of seed to throw.”
Kaori licked her lips as she leered now herself.
“So you know, I want a piece of that tail.”
Yoko flicked her tail.
“Well, how about tomorrow? I don’t come in to work till early evening.”
“I’ll bathe well before we get a taste.”
“I’ll be waiting to sample that body.”
Tyler just smiled as he pictured it. The Yoko slid the coin to him.
“Your total is 300.”
“I’ll see you around Yoko. Make sure to compare notes with Seline.”
She smiled as Tyler and Kaori walked out hand in hand.
“So you know, Tyler.”
“Our OWN room?”
“Yes. But, Seline is ACHING for you. She was moaning YOUR name when she blew.”
“Damn, Kaori.”
She laughed, and kissed him.
“Wow, Yoko tastes nice.”
“Same with Seline.”
They laughed as a runner came over.
“I seek the Outcast.”
Tyler smiled.
“Aye lad. I be Outcast.”
The boy smiled.
“Lorgah would like your presence on the north wall. A Warrior seeks access.”
“Well, alright. Here lad.”
20 silver and the lad was off. Tyler and Kaori walked hand in hand to the wall in question. The blonde happily humming and under his arm as they climbed the steps up. Tyler smiled as he walked up to the burly Lorgah.
“Hey, Lorgah. Nice to see you working for once.”
The man snorted.
“Oh right, like you do much better.”
“Fair. I mean, putting a smile on Kaori’s face IS a full time job.”
She smiled as they looked to the lone rider at the gate. Tyler tilted his head.
“You, lass, you are ye?”
The girl was shaking as she looked up at the man on the walltop.
“No freakin way.”
Tyler looked at Kaori.
“You know her?”
The blonde was rubbing her chin.
“She seems familiar, but I can’t place her for some friggin reason.”
The girl gulped as she looked up at the fearsome pair.
“Are…you really Tyler? Our class punching bag?”
Tyler used his Farsight to get a good look at her face.
“Oooooh, NOW I remember you! Selena Hernadez!”
Kaori groaned.
“NOW I remember her too.”
The girl sighed with relief.
“Oh thank god. See? I told you we were friends! Let me in!”
Tyler looked to Lorgah.
“Don’t open that gate. She’s a raging bitch that was one of those that likes to beat animals.”
“hey! Retard! Shut up! This is a ‘normal’ discussion! Kaori, bestie bay! Get the brute to open the gate!”
Tyler smiled,
“Wanna make a point?”
He and Kaori made out in full view of the now appalled girl on the road.
“Kaori! How COULD you? That’s a low class piece of gutter trash!”
Tyler smiled as they stepped back.
“As much fun as Yoko was, still love you the most, kaori.”
She smiled as she rested her head on his chest.
“I love you too.”
Tyler looked at a now flabbergasted Selena.
“She fell in love…..with YOU? Oh, Kaori you poor girl! He must have used a spell like mine!”
“Like yours.”
Selena pulled a ring out.
“Yeah, it’s called….here let me find it…..ah! Forced Servitude. Makes the target obedient to your wishes,”
Tyler blew a loud whistle, and Selena was then faced with the entire wall now aiming arrows at her.
“Do NOT move. You do, you’ll make a hedgehog jealous with the number of spikes in you. Lorgah, my crew will search her.”
“Sir.”
Tyler looked at his now approaching crew.
“Lone Warrior with a banned spell. Surround, disarm, and retrieve.”
They all nodded as Tyler vaulted over the battlemented wall with Kaori right beside him to land on the road a good thirty feet below. Tyler drew his dual broadswords, Kaori her katana as the Outcasts all surrounded the now scared lone girl.
“Hey! Get back! I’m a Warrior!”
They ignored her protests as Lucy dragged her off her horse, Selena screamed, and tried to cast a spell, only to have the axe head of Thistle press against her throat.
“Ahh, now missy, be a good girl and you won’t get hurt.”
Kaori went and was looking over her horse as Malico tore her ring of Licenses off her neck.
“Hey! Give those back!”
Tyler walked over then.
“Malico.”
“She’s got three: two Minds and that servitude.”
“Add em to the pile.”
She tore the spells off as Tyler looked at the now mewling in indignation girl.
“Hey! Thief! I bought those fair and square!”
Tyler looked at her. She was a girl of medium height, shoulder length brown hair, brown eyes and flat. Her outfit was her t-shirt and jeans she had worn in class. She caught him looking her over and got angry.
“Hey, no! Don’t look at me like that you perverted retard!”
They all ignored her.
“Kaori?”
The blonde finished her look over.
“She needs to eat more, and her coat needs a good brushing, but she’s okay.”
Tyler then crouched by the girl’s head.
“Where’d you get those Licenses?”
She spit on him.
“Fuck OFF. Like I have to speak to you.”
Tyler chuckled as he wiped her spit off.
“I was hoping you’d say that.”
HE pulled his Sgian Dao, and the entire group shuddered. Lily looked at the now scared girl as she shook her head.
“You did it now. Once he pulls THAT blade, yeah, it’s going to hurt. A lot.”
Tyler flipped the blade as he thought of it.
“She’s a girl, barely, so more options.”
HE looked at her, and smiled wickedly.
“Ya know? I got a great idea.”
HE glared at her with his demon glare, and she panicked like a rabbit in a trap. Now nearly incoherent with terror at the force in his eyes, Selena had rolled onto her belly and was clawing at the dirt to try to escape.
“Help me! Monster! Please, someone HELP ME!”
Tyler kicked her in the head, and she got jerked out of it.
“Where’d you get those Licenses?”
She was sobbing as she replied.
“They sell them at the church in Term.”
“How much?”
“30 coppers per.”
“Okay. Do you know what they are?”
“Black spells the church has too many of.”
“They’re banned spells.”
“We know, that’s why the pope lifted the ban for us Warriors.”
Tyler looked at her.
“He did.”
She nodded as tears streamed from her eyes and snot poured from her nose.
“HE says since we’re Warriors, we can use whatever means we want to fight the waves.”
“Have you used them?”
“Yeah.”
“On who?”
“Shop keeps, inn keeps, people like that.”
“And you’re fine with screwing people out of their livelihoods?”
“Pff, they NEED us to fight FOR them! Least they can do is shut up and be grateful we even looked at them.”
“even though the others have been raping and torturing them?”
“Like I said, they NEED us. Who else can fight these waves for them?”
“So. You are okay with hurting girls like Lily there for fun?”
“Pff, like you haven’t been. It’s our RIGHT as Warriors to do as we please.”
“According to?”
She got a light in her eye as she spoke next.
“Our strongest Warrior. Max the Great. Seriously, he can kill like five giants by himself.”
“That’s it?”
Literally the entire party, and everyone on the wall replied at once with sheer disbelief. Selena was confused at their shock.
“What do you mean that’s it? Most of us can’t even SCRATCH a giant.”
Tyler braced himself against the horse as he now saw the true state of things.
“great. Kaori, we’ll pick up Kazuma for the wave, as OUR party will be the only ones left alive after.”
“Five giants is his best? That’s not even a warmup for Sera!”
Tyler sighed as he looked at a confused Selena.
“Enjoy life while you can, Selena. As you are going to die screaming in the first wave. If five giants is Max’s absolute best at once, and he’s the strongest you have, then you are going to die.”
She laughed.
“Right, and like YOU Can do better retard? What’s your strength?”
“What’s HIS?”
“125.”
“Last I checked, I was at 425.”
She stopped laughing,
“Bullshit.”
Tyler pulled his HUD up and showed her his numbers. She went as white as a piece of paper as she saw his triple digits.
“HOW? You a useless punching bag! Even your own family hates you!”
“ALL my party members are packing these kinds of numbers toots, best part? We’ve been mostly screwing around. Let me ask you, what’s Max’s best kill?”
She gulped.
“He killed a Giant chief.”
“Okay, that sounds like a fun fight, not gonna lie. Here, toots, get a load of OUR kills.”
He showed her the party bestiary, and white she went again.
“Orcs, goblins, okay, easy enough….1500 goblins? 500 orcs? 50 giants? Demons too?”
She looked at him in absolute horror.
“What was the strongest thing on there?”
Tyler became thoughtful.
“Ya know? Not entirely sure.”
“Believe it or not, that pride demon is the strongest on the list.”
Tyler looked to Vixen, the one that had spoken.
“Even stronger an that drakolisk?”
“Far. Strange as it might seem to you.”
He laughed.
“And it put up less of a fight then that damned lich we killed.”
“You DID enrage it to the point of blindness. It’s the demon’s only true weakness.”
They all laughed as Selena gulped.
“You’ve been killing things like that?”
“For fun.”
Sera was heard giggling.
“That bandit camp was fun!”
“Right?”
Tyler looked at Selena.
“Hey, what ya got for titles?”
“Wanderer, Lone Ranger, and Solitary Healer.”
He looked to Wulf.
“Wanderer is given for traveling a thousand miles without sleeping in a town, Lone Ranger is awarded for killing enemies alone, and Solitary healer is awarded for going to places alone to heal people.”
Tyler looked at her.
“What path are you?”
“I’m a Pink.”
“Somehow that fits.”
Tyler pulled up his title list.
“Yeah, your outmatched.”
She had tears in her brown eyes as she scrolled through the list of titles.
“This can’t be happening. The class punching bag is our strongest Warrior?”
“Oh, and no. I don’t play rescue.”
She looked at him.
“What do you mean?”
“Me and me crew won’t babysit you and the other Warriors. So, you either pull your weight, or die horribly. We don’t coddle or babysit.”
She was now full blown crying now.
“But why are you so strong? Max is better then you! In every way! He’s big and strong and fearless and handsome too!”
“We’re done here. Oh, and NO ya can’t go in.”
He lifted her off the dirt like she weighed nothing and put her on the horse. She just sobbed.
“Please let me in, I haven’t slept in a real bed since I got here.”
“You want to sleep in a real bed?”
HE pulled her close to look into her scared eyes.
“EARN IT.”
HE turned her horse around and slapped it, and she took off like a rocket. Tyler sighed as she was lost to sight.
“Let’s go to Melly’s. we need to think about this.”
They all nodded and went back inside the city, as the lone rider sobbed heartbrokenly as she rode to Term, where, in her mind at least, the TRUE Hero lived.
Tyler and his crew all sat at the same table as the last time they’d been in Raylik. Tyler rubbed his eyes as he sighed.
“I knew it was bad, but I didn’t know it was THAT bad. Five giants is his best?”
The table were in agreement. Lily snorted.
“Five giants for us is just another morning coffee spill.”
Tyler pulled out his map.
“Okay, we’ll switch gears then.”
He opened it and tapped Yalik.
“We’ll stay the night here, tomorrow, and tomorrow night as well. Then we’ll go to Yalik. Clean that mess up, maybe run into Furiosa, as I heard she had taken a fancy to it.”
Wulf ran a finger along the route.
“That’s a three day ride.”
“And from what I can tell, it’s along flat ground as well.”
“It is. Up to here.”
HE tapped a point near the halfway point.
“It starts to dip a bit. And then a steady decline till it reaches the sea.”
“Kaori will set our pace when we get there.”
The blonde smiled.
“If the map is a good representation, maybe a light trot. I’ll get a better idea when I see it.”
“Okay, we’re way ahead of schedule here. Lily, Sera and Lillia need some serious practice and training. If the waves started tomorrow, I would not want them with us.”
The three girls nodded.
“I agree.”
“We all need to practice.”
“Okay, we’ll step up our bandit baiting. Lily will join a camp raid, Sera will assist the initial fight, and Lillia will rotate with Lily.”
Wulf looked at the surrounding area.
“If you want to PICK a fight, there is a race of Orcs that live in the area.”
“They an evil race?”
Wulf smiled.
“Indeed. They’re stronger then the northern orcs, and run faster too. They prefer these little copses of woodland, here, here, and here.”
“Okay, what kind of strength we talking?”
“Are you familiar with the term Oricah?”
“5 feet tall, black skin, fangs, and unusually muscular?”
“That’s them. Minor intelligence.”
Tyler crossed his arms as he considered it.
“I’d have to fight them myself to get a good idea. I don’t like walking into a fight with a novice blind. Even if they were trained by us.”
Wulf nodded with a smile.
“That’s fair. We can scout them out along the road. Things are big in numbers.”
Tyler looked at the map.
“Okay, after we clean up Yalik, the plan was to settle in Raylik and do work in the surrounding area.”
Here, surprisingly, Sera spoke up.
“If you like Yalik, can we set up there?”
Tyler blinked at her.
“If it’s a nice place, sure. But, I’d thought you’d love being near Melly?”
Sera smiled as Melly came to join them.
“She’s my sister, but I’ve never lived by the sea before. Plus, I’m kinda getting tired of dusty trails and trees.”
The party laughed as Melly hugged her.
“You better bring me back Seashells!”
They hugged it out as the restaurant awww’d at them. Tyler was smiling, when he noticed a cloaked figure in a corner looking at them over a map. Tyler chuckled as he looked at his own map. He then drew his own dagger and set it on the table with the tip pointing in the hooded figure’s direction. The party got the heads up, as Vixen happened to glance into a reflective surface that showed the figure. She looked at Tyler.
“Vampire.”
He blinked as she reached to her ring. Tyler looked back at the hooded figure, and found he could see the person’s eyes.
“Hold, Vixen.”
She lowered her hand.
“What did you see?”
He sighed as he rubbed his eyes.
“I got a look into her eyes from under the hood. Yes, it’s a her. She’s got a soul of loneliness, gentleness, and sadness. Kaori? THAT trope just showed up.”
Kaori groaned hard as Vixen sighed as well.
“So, are you saying she’s a harmless vampire?”
“I don’t think she’s a full vampire. Maybe half-breed.”
Vixen looked at the surface again.
“I see it now. Yup, most definitely a half vampire.”
Tyler grasped his head.
“Are vampires ALLOWED in cities?”
Vixen chuckled.
“Some are, as they bring a blood supply with them. Most vampires are solitary or, or when they gather, it’s in groups of twenty.”
Tyler sighed as he kept an eye on the still hooded figure in the corner now watching him with evident curiosity.
“Okay, so how do we play it?”
Kaori sighed.
“Which version of the trope you thinking?”
“A wandering vampire princess is the last survivor of her clan, happens upon some great hero her clan tells stories of. She’s a black pather, and finds my presence intoxicating, so, seeks to join our party. Plus the legend about the great hero being destined to marry the vampire princess.”
They table looked at him as Kaori sighed again.
“I was thinking the same one.”
Tyler sighed as he saw the hooded figure get up.
“Incoming.”
There was a distinct click of hard heels on the wood as the hooded figure approached the table. Tyler watching the figure approach as he looked at his License for Holy Smite, a ploy Vixen smiled at as she saw his plan. There was an extra hard click as the figure stopped at the end of the table.
“Are you the Outcast party?”
Her voice was high, clipped, and precise. Tyler looked at the now clearly a lady.
“Indeed we are, miss?”
She reached up with very pale skinned hands to lower her hood, revealing a truly beautiful girl, long back length purple hair that had a dull shine, beautifully pale skin that put even Vixen’s to shame, delicate features, large full lips, and a pair of glowing purple eyes with a dark blue iris. She smiled as she lowered her head shyly.
“Miss Serafina Dracul. Are you the one they call Tyler the Outcast?”
Tyler sighed.
“I am, miss Dracul. What can I do for you?”
She had a VERY shy smile now,
“I just wanted to say you’re my hero, sir.”
Tyler looked at Kaori, before looking back at her.
“Well, thank you, but I don’t think we’ve ever crossed paths.”
“We haven’t. You merely passed through my home a few days prior. You even slew the Demon that had murdered my creator and my sisters.”
Tyler crossed his arms.
“Was it that pride demon?”
She had a slight blush on her face as she nodded.
“Indeed. It had been summoned by a group of humans to kill my family that lived in the back of that cave.”
“Are you a vampire, miss?”
She was so timidly shy as she answered.
“I am. But, more accurate to say cross-breed, as Sunlight does not hurt me, and I can stomach human foods.”
Tyler sighed.
“Well, glad I was able to help you.”
Her nervousness increased, and they all heard her shuffling her feet under her cloak.
“Actually, sir, I have a request.”
“Okay, shoot.”
She gulped, as her looked down,
“Can…I…join your party?”
Tyler sighed as he looked to the others.
“Well? Any issues?”
Vixen chuckled.
“He really does like a pale beauty.”
Kaori was also chuckling.
“Plus he DOES have a fondness for the shy type as well.”
Tyler looked around,
“Long as she watches those fangs, I have no problem.”
“She’s pretty, so sure.”
“Aye, lad, no complaints.”
“Never seen a shy vampire before.”
Tyler looked at the Vampire.
“Okay, I have rules for my party.”
She nodded.
“Okay.”
1. As the strongest person on the team, I hold the coin. 2. No work, no food. You pull you weight in my camp.”
“Trust us, he is merciless with it.”
“Still a meanie.”
Serafina smiled again as she looked at the two girls.
“I know you two. Bene a while, hasn’t it?”
Tyler tilted his head.
“You’ve met them before?”
Sera and Lillia were just as confused.
“I don’t believe we’ve ever met a vampire before.”
“Not one as pretty as you are miss.”
The vampire had a shyness to her as she explained.
“Remember the maid that you said was unneedily shy? The one with the blonde hair and blue eyes?”
Sera gasped.
“Shelly?”
Serafina smiled again, and her two pointed fangs were seen.
“Hi, Sera. I got picked up by a Grand Vampire Lord.”
Sera got up and hugged her tightly.
“I’m sorry that bastard threw you out.”
Serafina laughed as she patted Sera’s hair.
“It’s okay. I got stronger. And it looks like you did too.”
Lillia sighed as she explained.
“Shelly was our handmaiden for a little while. But, when the pope had me the first time, she tried to tell my father, but the pope’s men got her first. They branded her a thieving liar and threw her out on her face.”
Tyler sighed as well.
“I see. She’s already got a good vote in my book just fer that.”
Serafina looked at him.
“Thank you sir. I heard how you too said no to him.”
“My name is Tyler, Serafina. I work for a living. Kinds sorta.”
She smiled as she blushed again.
“Tyler, then. Are those the only two rules?”
“3. In a town or city we ALL share a room to save coin.”
She blinked.
“Is it to save coin, or bed your friends?”
“If we take a bed, we get a separate room. If not, we all share. We have members that cannot be left alone.”
She understood then.
“I see. Nice to know I won’t have to watch your bedroom prowess when I just want to sleep.”
That got a laugh as Tyler looked right at Vixen,
“That door is STILL open, Vixen.”
Tyler looked back at the half-vampire.
“Our unspoken rules are similar, keep our secrets, follow my orders, and don’t get on a high horse.”
Serafina offered her hand.
“I accept your rules.”
Tyler smiled as he shook her cold hand.
“Nice to have a fresh set of fangs in the group. What’s your path?”
She smiled as she sat beside Sera.
“Black/red.”
“We’ll need to inspect your blacks.”
Vixen chuckled as she heard the colors.
“Now I have a rival.”
Serafina got a good look at Vixen’s face.
“Lady Nightmare?”
Tyler looked at the shocked half-vampire to the amused Vixen.
“Lady Nightmare?”
The black mage chuckled.
“The title I got branded with in honor of my power over the black arts.”
“Wow, Goth, had no clue you were such a badass.”
Serafina seemed a little nervous to be sitting across from the mage. Vixen smiled at the now nervous half-vampire girl.
“relax NightFang, I am no threat to you.”
“NightFang?”
Serafina blushed at the evident interest in her nickname, and Vixen wasted no time in explaining.
“Serafina’s nickname. I’ve met her creator, and I gave her it to her.”
Tyler patted the nervous girl as Malico finished with her spells.
“She’s clean. Most are more acids, fireballs, and a rather nasty flood acid spell.”
Tyler poked the one in question, and got a mild burn.
“Yikes, that one is mean.”
Serafina was wide eyed at his burning.
“Tyler, what path are you?”
“White/blue.”
She gasped with a cutely surprised look on her face.
“A white/blue? Truly?”
Tyler wrapped an arm around Kaori.
“Yup.”
She smiled widely then.
“I am aware of your ways with the ladies of the realm. AND of how the lady Kaori’s place in your heart is untouchable, but I am eager to see where I will fit in.”
Tyler and kaori looked at each other.
“Between us?”
“Between us.”
The half-vampire gulped as suddenly both Tyler and Kaori were leering at her cloaked body.
“Ummm, so you know, I don’t like girls.”
“Well, Malico, shall we test that?”
“Indeed we shall. Serafina, have you ever TRIED a girl?”
She gulped.
“No, I haven’t.”
“Try it once.”
“I did, and I love it.”
The table just laughed as Tyler looked at the map, NOT wanting to die that day. Serafina was shaking with nerves,
“Well, if you insist, I’ll try it once, I guess.”
Kaori and Malico both looked at each other and smiled.
“She’s going to be a lot of fun.”
“So much.”
Serafina was looking around, as if seeking something to distract them, when she noticed something.
“Who are those two spirits next to you, Tyler? They’re very cute.”
Tyler smiled.
“The elf is Sylvia, and the green haired girl is Sallie. I’m a Holy Muse.”
Serafina had a look of pity on her face.
“They say they travel with you as you felt their pain as your own.”
“Is that a vampire thing? Or a skill?”
“Both. The Skill is a Holy skill you can get at most temples, called Divine Sight. It allows you to see the spirits of your Holy Muse like they were living people. Since Vampires are a type of undead, and have one foot in the grave already, we can see them as well.”
Tyler sat back as he had a thought.
“Divine Sight, eh?”
HE was rubbing his chin as Wulf spoke up.
“Are you seriously going to ignore Ignatia’s words?”
“Not where I was going with that Wulf. Just something that’s kinda been bugging me.”
Wulf could see the gears turning.
“Okay, what?”
Tyler crossed his arms.
“Something about this spirit thing has been poking me in the gut, like I’m missing something nasty. Okay, let me ask this. Does the creature known as a Shade ring any bells?”
The name sent a whisper of fear up everyone’s spine. Then Vixen looked at him.
“It is the most powerful undead that exists.”
“Is it able to touch Sallie and Sylvia?”
She nodded.
“And the only way to truly kill it, is to use either holy muse or Divine Sight to find its heart.”
“There it is.”
Tyler looked to Wulf.
“Ever since Sylvia listed off the benefits of her and Sallie being Spirits, I have had a creeping feeling that I was missing a piece of this puzzle. Now I have it. I will get Divine Sight, and if this thing tries to go after MY little girls.”
He felt the rage within him explode as it went from pure regret, pain, and sorrow, to anger, wrath, and a most ferocious drive to defend the two spirits as he glared at the elf.
“IT HAS TO GET PAST ME FIRST.”
The table felt the sheer force packed into it, but, it didn’t scare them like it had before. This time, it felt more like an enraged
“He’s really their father now.”
Wulf chuckled as Kaori summed it up.
“And they could have a finer one.”
Tyler sighed as he got up from the table.
“Kaori, Wulf, and Malico. We’ll go get a set of eyes.”
The others nodded as Tyler led the way to the temple. As they walked, Wulf looked at him.
“What about Ignatia? You’re defying his advice.”
“To protect the ones I love Wulf, I’ll take him down if I have to. And, if I absolutely have to, I can.”
Wulf stopped dead.
“You don’t truly believe that?”
Tyler looked at him with a dark smile.
“Did you really think I wouldn’t have a backup plan?”
Wulf gulped.
“How?”
“Roar of the Forest isn’t JUST for a last resort. Not with the sheer force I can pack into it. On the fly too. Not even a high dragon can survive that head on. Then, I have a secret.”
He pulled his most trusted friends in.
“Wrath has a THIRD form now. Boost is up to 200. That plus Roar plus Gleipnir. I can do it. I know I can. Just a matter of if I walk away.”
They all gaped at him, and Wulf looked at the sky.
“With those under your belt, by the gods, you really COULD.”
Tyler sighed.
“I REALLY don’t want to turn these against my friends. I more was thinking in the event of an evil dragon. But, like I keep saying, whatever is necessary.”
They all nodded as Wulf looked at the sky again.
“Does Tempesta know?”
“He does. He hinted as much on the airship, as he said he could sense the Demon in me. HIM I don’t want to fight. In terms of raw power, he makes Ignatia look like a lisk”
Wulf chuckled as they walked up the temple steps.
“You’re not wrong. Ignatia may be a high dragon, but Tempesta is the high dragon king for a reason.”
They all chuckled as they went to the doors, and were greeted by a brother.
“Greetings Brother of White. It is good to see you again.”
Tyler smiled at him.
“Good to see you too, Brother Mark. How have you been?”
The monk bowed.
“I’ve been well, thank you. What brings you to our temple today?”
“Looking for the Divine Sight skill.”
HE sighed as his eyes glowed.
“Holy Muse. Fire Muse, Stone Muse, and Green Muse. Are those two the Spirits you wish to see?”
“Indeed. But, more a backup plan in the event of a Shade.”
The brother shuddered.
“I understand. Right this way then, as Father Maxus holds these skills on him.”
The robed monk led the group into the temple and along the hall. Tyler noting there were less people getting healed this time around.
“Our mages have gotten lots more practice with their spells of late, and as such, healings take less time.”
“Can never have too few healers.”
They walked up the steps to see the father just finish a healing spell. Mark bowed low.
“Father, we have visitors.”
The Father of the temple smiled widely as he saw Tyler and his team approaching.
“Welcome back. I trust all is well?”
Tyler smiled.
“for the next five minutes it is. Usually when the next crisis hits.”
That got a chuckle.
“What brings you to the temple today?”
“Divine Sight.”
Maxus sighed deeply, now seeing the two spirits beside Tyler.
“I see. You poor souls, to have suffered as you did.”
“We’ll get their due for them. Never you doubt that.”
Maxus smiled at him now.
“Do you seek it just to see them in daylight?”
“More as a backup plan for Shades and other spirit creatures that would try for them.”
The Father leaned back, shocked.
“You don’t mean to tell me you’d fight such a creature?”
“Not fight it. It tries for My little girls, it will die. Period.”
Maxus shook his head.
“To fight in the spirit world, all you would have is your willpower and mental fortitude.”
“In that world, it is all I need to WIN. Look.”
HE showed him the numbers. Perception: 750. Mental fortitude: 1500, willpower, 3500. Maxus was shocked.
“With those numbers, a victory over such a fell beast is as certain as the sun rises each morning. Very well. How many sights?”
“Four.”
“These the ones?”
They nodded as Maxus placed the Certificate in their hands.
“4 gold.”
Tyler placed the coins in his hands. Tyler smiled as he placed the papers into his HUD, and the next time he blinked, he saw a hand waving below his face. HE looked down, and saw Sallie smiling up at him as if she was alive and well. Sylvia right beside her. Tyler chuckled.
“I see dead people.”
Kaori wacked him.
“Cult classic or not, NO.”
Tyler reached down to pat the green haired girl on her head, and found it was like he was patting a living girl. HE blinked,
“Okay, that’s an unexpected bonus. I can feel her hair like we were in their world.”
Kaori patted her as well, getting a happy giggle as Sylvia sighed.
“Just what the hell did you expect to happen when that skill hit your willpower? These kinds of skills draw their power directly from Willpower. And with that extreme number, yeah, we’re as close to being alive again as we can be without a body.”
“Wow. Neat trick.”
Sylvia just looked at him.
“Why can’t you just be happy we’re with you? Why do you seek more for us when we’re already happy?”
“This one came from a concern I had.”
The red haired elf tilted her head.
“Shades? Those things are so rare as to be nearly nonexistent.”
“Is there a chance we encounter one?”
She blinked.
“Yeah, but it’s so small-“
“Is it zero?”
“…..No.”
“Then I have my backup plan. What if you got attacked in daylight?”
Sylvia just sighed as she rubbed her small eyes.
“I understand that overprepared is your way of life, but ya just being paranoid now.”
“Rather paranoid and have ALL the ones I love, then be complacent and lose them all.”
Sallie giggled.
“Sylvia! He just wanted to protect us!”
“And if those creatures want to get to you, they need to get past ME first. Seriously, as long as I can make a fist, NOTHING will hurt you again.”
Sylvia just sighed again.
“All that just for a pair of spirits that will be reborn anyway.”
“Not ANY spirits. YOU. MY little girls.”
She smiled then,
“You know Ignatia is going to be disappointed.”
“If my explanation isn’t enough, well, I have a backup plan there as well.”
She went and hugged him, and he felt her warmth.
“You and those damned backup plans.”
“We wouldn’t be here without them.”
Sallie was getting held by kaori as she laughed. Tyler lifted Sylvia up and hugged her.
“You know this looks weird to everyone else?”
“Fuck em. I’m holding me girl.”
he sat her on his shoulder, and she laughed.
“Oddly, this is our favorite spot to be.”
That got a laugh as Tyler looked to a chuckling Maxus.
“Thanks. Glad that was that easy.”
The Priest smiled fondly.
“Just be careful not to get labeled as mad.”
“Too late.”
All voices replied at once. Then they walked off laughing as Maxus sighed.
“That poor boy. He and those two spirits have so much shared pain, if he’s not careful, the next upgrade to his communication with them really WILL bring them back to life.”

Tyler had Sylvia on his shoulder as Sallie skipped along beside him, and Wulf was shaking his head.
“I am going to have to watch to not mistake them for living again.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I will too. Will be weird to see them sticking out of Sera’s head.”
Kaori smiled then.
“Or to see them watching when in bed.”
Tyler just laughed.
“I kinda got over that already. Though, looking over and seeing them standing there will be a new one.”
Sylvia sighed.
“That and how we weigh nothing.”
“Right? Kinda cool kinda weird. Mostly just cool.”
Sallie climbed up his sword blade to sit on his other shoulder.
“That’s how you got there? Nifty.”
The green haired girl giggled.
“Now we can talk and play all day AND all night!”
Tyler smiled as he had a thought.
“Hey, Kaori, wanna know what this reminds me of?”
“Oh shit here we go. What?”
“That one anime we saw together, about that dude in the apartment that had like six girls all invade it at once.”
Her green eyes lit up.
“Oh I loved that one!”
“Remember that ghost girl?”
Kaori laughed now.
“I do. And I see the resemblance. Hey, Sallie and Sylvia, got a question.”
“Sure.”
“What?”
“Can you taste the food we eat?”
Sylvia looked at Sallie and they both burst out laughing.
“We can, but we don’t need food you know.”
“Where’d that come from?”
“How’s it work?”
Sylvia crossed her small arms.
“If we’re curious, we merge a little with your bodies, and we can borrow all five of your senses.”
“Just, be careful with that curiosity.”
Sallie giggled as she blushed.
“I already did get curious.”
They all looked at each other, then to the blushing spirit.
“What’d you do?”
Her blush went deeper.
“I merged with Kaori for her play with Tyler and Malico.”
The three named all looked at each other.
“I think, for the sake of our sanity, we pretend that one never happened.”
“Agreed.”
“Agreed.”
“Agreed.”
Sallie giggled again.
“It was fun!”
Tyler just looked at Wulf.
“For once, I can say that was NOT my idea.”
The ranger sighed.
“Sylvia. Anything to add?”
The elf spirit sighed.
“She merged with Tyler to see it from his angle as well. Girl’s a fiend. She then merged with Malico for that last bit, and would swap back and forth. I just held the door.”
Sallie was laughing as everyone looked at her.
“It was fun!”
Tyler looked at Kaori.
“Girl’s a horn girl.”
“Like father like daughter?”
“Let’s just go with it.”
They all sighed as they walked in to Melly’s inn. There they found Serafina playing with Sera and Melly as Lillia sat at the table with the others. Tyler smiled as he sat back at the table.
“So, anything happen while we were getting our eyes checked.”
Sallie hopped onto the table to hug Vixen before sitting against the wall. The mage noting that Tyler’s eyes were now following her every move.
“Nothing really. I see you got the skills you needed.”
“Yup. Guess fighting in the spirit world comes down to Willpower and Mental fortitude.”
Serafina smiled at him.
“It does. Higher the number, the easier it is to fight. The highest numbers, like 50 or 60, can kill Shades easily enough, but it will still be a hard fought victory.”
“What about 3500?”
She froze.
“I’m sorry, but no one has that kind of will.”
“here, NightFang, have a look.”
She blushed a little at his use of her nickname, but came over anyway. She looked over his shoulder to see his numbers, and he noted she had a faint smell of pine about her, and he found he liked it. She was still in her long cloak, and he was wondering what she had beneath it. Eh, I’ll see soon enough. Serafina was shocked by his extreme Perception, Willpower, and Mental Fortitude. The she sighed as she stood.
“There is only one way for those to get like that, and it hurts. A lot. So, to answer your question? With numbers like that, the Spirit world is just this world.”
Tyler smiled as he flicked a small leftover grape at Sallie’s chest, and it bounce off, getting a giggle. Serafina and Vixen chuckled.
“With Holy Muse and Divine Sight mixed in with your willpower, those two are as close to being alive again as they can get.”
Serafina then looked at the black mage.
“You don’t think, with his numbers, he could do THAT?”
Vixen gasped as she saw the other girls line of thinking.
“If ANYTHING can, he could.”
Tyler looked at them.
“That?”
Vixen looked at him.
“There is a legend, a very old legend, of a Warrior with such extreme willpower, that he was able to revive the dead once he had the proper skills and title abilities under his belt. From what the legend says, his numbers were at 200. Flat. The skills and abilities he used were lost to time.”
Tyler crossed his arms as he looked at a now serious Sallie. Sylvia went and sat beside her spirit sister.
“You’re seriously considering it?”
Tyler sighed.
“Of course I am. But. NOT for you.”
He looked at Kaori.
“A backup plan for MY worst case scenario.”
The blonde shuddered as she saw him looking at her. Vixen sighed.
“You’d be willing to destroy the balance of the world, just for her.”
“Without hesitating.”
Kaori sighed.
“No.”
They all looked at her. Tyler tilted his head.
“No….?”
She looked at him with her own force now.
“If I die, DO NOT waste your life trying to bring me back. Just love me now, be happy we’re together now, and just do what you have been.”
Tyler sighed.
“To be fair, she goes, I’m going right after her.”
They ALL jumped at that on the fly response. Then Kaori spoke in a small voice.
“What?”
HE looked at her smiling.
“You die, I won’t live without you. So, we’ll go together.”
He was smiling at her as he said this, as if it was such a certain thing that they’d always be together, no matter what. The she sighed.
“And if I died tomorrow morning?”
“I’d slit my own throat soon as it was confirmed.”
Again. On the fly. Zero hesitation. Kaori was shaking, as Wulf looked at the others,
“See? SHE is his main concern.”
Tyler was smiling as he looked over a dagger as Kaori just looked at him.
“You’d really just kill yourself, rather than live without me?”
“Yup.”
She was shaking, hard. What the actual fuck? He’s THAT devoted? I know he loves me, but to THAT extreme? Sera was then heard chuckling.
“IS ANYONE really that surprised? I mean, just look at them! Haven’t you ever noticed just how on edge he gets whenever see leaves his sight? I know I have.”
Kaori got up and went around the corner, out of sight. Thistle was sitting on his other side, and she gave a low whistle.
“He just tensed up like I poked him with a fork.”
Tyler smiled.
“I been telling you this.”
Kaori came back into sight, and they all saw him relax. The blonde looked at the blood elf.
“Was it that instant?”
She laughed.
“Yup. Soon as he lost sight of that hair, he went stiff like a dead bug. Soon as he saw you he breathed a sigh of relief.”
Wulf chuckled as well.
“In the bath houses, he sits with his back against the dividing wall.”
That got a laugh as Kaori looked at him.
“Every time?”
“Every time. He can’t hear what you talk about, but scream, and that wall will simply explode. Even if he can’t HEAR it, he’ll FEEL it.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Like I said, SHE is my number one concern in this world.”
Kaori just looked at Sylvia, as if looking for something. The little elven Spirit smiled at her.
“Why are you looking at me for? He loves you. To an extreme.”
The poor blonde was just a little overwhelmed as she saw the true depth of his love and devotion to her. He loves me enough to break every rule he has to, and is more then ready to turn into a monster to……why am I so surprised? I was the one he SAVED! He was fully prepared to die for me that day in the tower! I guess I just didn’t fully grasp the sheer depth of his feelings for me. She hugged him.
“I guess, I wasn’t fully aware.”
He kissed her.
“Now you are.”
That sent a warm glow down her body. Tyler smiled as he remembered something.
“Oh, I was going to look over the news of the day.”
They all laughed as he swapped with Thistle to sit against the wall. Sallie and Sylvia taking up spots on his leg where they could see his HUD.
“I like this better.”
Both girls smiled as he pulled up the news piece.
“Today In Vernillion. Reader. We have a new story that will go down as a legend that will be swung of for centuries. These following words are verified by the citizens, town guard, and Lady Seline herself. Early this morning, the lady Seline sent a cry for aid to the Outcast party, as her fair city had come under attack from an army in the hundreds. The lady is no charlatan at defending her home, but found herself outmatched, so she sent the cry for aid to the ones that could save her people. She sent for the Outcasts. And they came. Tyler the Outcast and the Blonde Goddess Kaori came to the defense of their city astride Tempesta himself. That is correct, reader. The pair BARTERED a ride upon the back of the lord of Blue himself. How they were granted such a thing, I am afraid I do not know. The rest of their party were transported via airship, namely, the Nidhogg. And we have the crew and captain verifying this as well. It was witnessed the Outcast and Tempesta bantering like father and Son by the prow of the ship. Then, Tempesta granted the pair of Warriors a gift that has never before been given: A ride upon his back. Who in their right mind would even consider putting such a question to the dragon’s face?”
Tyler laughed as he looked at his friends.
“Would we all agree I’m insane?”
“Batshit insane.”
“Utterly.”
“So we’re in agreement?”
“Yes.”
“Good, just so we’re on the same page.”
Sylvia and Sallie giggled.
“That was awesome!”
“I got to fly on a dragon!”
Tyler hugged them as he kept reading.
“It would seen the Outcast is either outright insane, unheardedly brave, or has a death wish. Nonetheless, Tempesta granted the most audacious request to spirit them to the aid of their friends. And they arrived in the nick of time, as the walls were about to be breached, when the roar of Tempesta brought the field to a standstill. The Lord of the sky even added his own flames in a single pass to block access to the city, as both the Outcast and the Beauty breathed their own blue flames alongside the dragon. Tempesta landed, and Tyler and Kaori faced the remaining six hundred alone, as Tempesta merely observed the ensuing slaughter. The two Warriors used merely their own terrifyingly powerful collection of spells to slaughter the waves of men charging them. One such combination left the road outside the north eastern wall gate with a ten foot deep hole as they mixed a lava spell with a water to create an explosion. They then went to their steel. Or, in the Outcast’s case, dual, Mythril broadswords. Yes, reader, Tyler wields weapons of purest Mythril, and if the stories are to be believed, his short swords, Oblivion and Oathkeeper are of the legendary metal as well. The pair slew between them, 600 men without getting a scratch, under the watchful eye of the Lord of the Sky himself. After the battle, Tempesta was witnessed making some form of deal with the pair, if his gifted scales were anything to go by.”
“Fuckin A”
Tyler sighed as he looked to his party.
“Heads up. They know we have high dragon scales now.”
They all groaned as he went on.
“If the Outcasts have made a pact with the Sky king, one can only imagine the terms. In short? The lady Seline sent for the Outcasts aid, and they brought a dragon. Tyler the Outcast does NOT play war fair. The army was then found to be a mercenary company hired to force the cities to allow access to the Warriors now barred from entry. The Warriors paying the mercenaries a king’s ransom in gold and gems. Tyler the Outcast found their payment, and without stopping to really consider it, gave the gold to Seline.
“For damages.”
“His words. Not ours. He DID hold onto the gems however,
“Dragon Bribes. Since we’re like to meet more, and I’d rather NOT have to fight them just yet.”
“His own statement. It would seem this lad knows the ways of the dragons indeed. The King has issued a statement regarding the recent extreme actions taken by the Warriors.
“If you use MY money to attack MY cities, then consider yourselves cut off. I will not have the coin my subjects pay my kingdom be used to attack them. Henceforth, the crown will no longer support the Warriors travels. Want money? Do what Tyler did, as outside the initial ten gold he got upon first arriving, has not received a single copper from the crown. And now look at him, he throws coin like seed in a field, to smiths, a most wise move if I do say so myself, to runners and couriers, again wisdom, to those that tend his horses when they are not. That young man built what he has in under four gold, if the numbers I received were accurate, in under four gold, he had horses, a map, spells, and enough basic supplies to get them to Dragul. He works harder to both support himself and his party, and make sure those that support his travels are also taken care of. In short? Want to get paid? Pff, get off your asses and earn it.”
The king and crown has since cut off the weekly ten gold to the Warriors, and the riots were underway. These ‘heroes’ act more like spoiled children then the legends of old. The Warriors are running out of options, cities refuse to admit them, and now the money they never deserved has stopped coming in. In this writer’s own personal opinion? Those scum should NOT have been given anything more than the initial ten gold. As I myself have witnessed the Outcast’s kindness and generosity first hand. He works hard, facing creatures the likes of which the other so-called ‘Warriors’ can only shudder at. I have seen his list of titles and his bestiary. Let me say this, readers of Lectis, that party is the very best hope we have. Their kills number in the thousands, and amongst the dead are everything from Goblins and orcs to giants and demons. Tyler himself has been quoted as saying the following.
“Look, that first wave? If Max’s very best is five giants at once, then enjoy the life you have left, for you’re ALL going to die horribly. And WE won’t play rescue or coddle. Nor will we babysit you. You will all die.”
HE was speaking to a fellow Warrior, whose name was Selena, before sending the most cruel girl away on her horse. Even now, he is planning his party’s role in the wave. And, knowing him? They’ll walk into the wave, lay waste to anything that looks at them, and walk back out smiling without a scratch. In other news, Kazuma’s city of Dragul weathered a most nasty plains storm this morning, with several thousand coins in damage. The Warrior leader was then seen aiding cleanup as well. If Tyler is the strength and backbone, Kazuma is the smiling kindness and willingness to aid. Kaori? She’s the beauty behind the brawn.”
“Hey, Kaori. C’mere a sec.”
The curious blonde looked a the line in question.
“If Tyler is the strength and backbone, Kazuma is the smiling kindness and willingness to aid. Kaori? She’s the beauty behind the brawn. Ha!”
Tyler laughed as well.
“Verilica sure knows HER target!”
Kaori was laughing as well.
“I’ll pay her a visit after Yoko.”
“All I’ll say? Have fun.”
She smiled as she sat back down. Tyler patted Sallie on her green hair, getting a happy giggle as he looked back at it.
“In Yalik, the lady Lymir is expecting the Outcasts to visit sooner rather then later now.
“It seems they’re ahead of schedule. Not a bad thing to have TOO much time them too little.”
“The airships, another story we’re following, are all but forbidden from taking to the skies now, as it would seem the Outcast was disturbed by the attitudes of a crew he’d encountered. Now, only a very select few are allowed access to Tempesta’s sky. If they do not learn this lesson, that THAT is the DRAGON’S sky, then we will all lose out on a valuable commodity.”

Tyler looked at Kaori as he closed the HUD.
“I think Kazuma may have gotten a little too wrapped up in playing diligent leader to the city.”
Kaori chuckled,
“Typical. Never could turn away a person in need.”
Tyler smiled as he stroked little Sylvia’s red hair.
“Well, long as he don’t try to play the hero to the others, he’ll do just fine.”
“he does, you’ll smack em and put him back on the line.”
“Damn straight.”
Tyler looked to Serafina.
“Are there any Vampire weaknesses I need to be aware of? Like garlic, crosses, mirrors?”
She laughed at that last one.
“Mirrors?”
“A legend in our old world, said a Vampire would not appear in a Mirror’s reflection, as they had no soul.”
The half-vampire laughed a little shyly now.
“We don’t have a lot of weaknesses. More, sunlight, which I’m immune to, Holy water, the White Path healing spells, but since yours are diluted with blue, I should be okay, and the only way to kill us is to pierce our hearts.”
“You said you were a half-vampire, Right?”
She lowered her gaze as she replied.
“My turning was botched somehow, so I was made into a Wraith. Half-vampire, half human.”
Tyler smiled widely.
“A Wraith, huh? I take it you are hard to detect?”
She nodded.
“I’m more assassin then open fighter like the rest of you.”
“How’s your night sight?”
“Mid-day sun to you.”
“We need a set of night sights. Eh, tomorrow. Okay, primary weapons?”
She smiled again as she lifted her cloak a bit to show a set of black daggers.
“I use daggers, poison I make from herbs and plants, and stealth skills and spells to fight.”
“So, in a large battle?”
“I’d hide in the shadow of a more aggressive fighter, and cut down the unsuspecting as they turned.”
“Wow, nice image.”
Tyler thought for a moment as he looked at her, and she became a little nervous. The Wraith looked at Vixen.
“Why is he looking at me like he’s planning to kill me?”
Vixen smiled.
“Relax, little Wraith. He’s looking at where you work best in our group. You’re a very specialized fighter with very narrow skills, so it’s both easier to place you, but harder as he needs to account for your blind spots.”
“Plus that poison making skill is nothing small, believe me. Okay, I think I have a place for you. Malico and Lillia are our flower girls. You’ll join them as killer plant expert, and make nasty poisons for the group. As far as battle? I’ll take you on a raid and see how you work those fangs, and go from there.”
She gulped as Lillia spoke up.
“Um, Tyler?”
HE looked at her,
“Issue?”
“Just clarifying something for you. In our world, a flower girl is a prostitute.”
“Oh, weird how well that fits Malico. Even IF that’s a priceless kittycat.”
She laughed.
“I was about to claw your eyes out, but then you said that last bit. Well saved.”
“Like that tail. And neatly cared for.”
She purred as Serafina breathed a sigh of relief.
“I was afraid he was serious about me becoming a flower girl.”
“Nah. We get enough coin other ways. Besides, those good looks are FAR too good to give to just ANYONE.”
“Eep!”
“Wow, cute. I just made a Wraith squeak.”
Poor Serafina was blushing a deep purple instead of red ass he pulled her hood up over her face in embarrassment. Sera patted her back reassuringly.
“There there, Serafina, he loves complementing the ladies. But, just so you know? That cute reaction means he’s going to keep at it now.”
“Aww, is me number 1 cutie feeling left out?”
“Eep!”
“See?”
Now SERA was blushing as everyone laughed. Then Lily was heard chuckling.
“Love to see you try it on me. I don’t squeak.”
“Nothing less an I would expect for the ONLY true competitor for my heart.”
“Eep! Gods dammit. He got me”
Lily was blushing hard now as well, and her cutely angry grumble making everyone chuckle. Tyler smiled as he looked around. As he did, Sera yawned.
“That late already? Alright then.”
That got a chuckle, as the party headed for the room. Kaori tugging Tyler’s sleeve, and the pair darted into a separate room and locking the door. Then they made love to each other once again. All the while Sallie and Sylvia watched and commented on the spectacle.
“Wow, she loves that one.”
“Yeah, definitely likes in from the rear.”
“Yeesh, yeah, feel bad for the poor bastards that has to clean THAT mess up.”
“Right? Wow, didn’t know a spine can bend that way.”
“She done?”
“Probably. They been at it what? Three hours?”
Kaori was indeed done as she flopped to the bed as her last orgasm left her body. Tyler laying right beside her in the bed. Tyler rolled onto his back and Kaori lifted her head onto his chest.
“Even better the third time.”
“I love you, Kaori.”
She smiled.
“I love you too, Tyler.”
“That commentary was odd though.”
“Super odd. But, it was fun putting a show on for them.”
“We joining them tonight too?”
Sallie and Sylvia climbed up onto the bed to lay on his chest as well. Tyler and Kaori could feel their weight and warmth. Sallie smiled.
“If you do, can we just sleep like this? I wanna sleep like a family.”
The lovers smiled.
“Sure, sweetie.”
The two used their ability and the warmth was even greater. Tyler smiled as he placed Sallie and Sylvia between him and Kaori and snuggled them between them.
“Good night girls. I love you.”
“Good night love.”
“Good night, daddy, mommy, I love you.”
“Same.”
They smiled as they all drifted off together.
Sign up to rate and review this story