Categories > Original > Poetry > 3am thoughts

3am thoughts

by jayfics 0 reviews

Compilation of my 3am thoughts (or what my minds tells me when everything is too much)

Category: Poetry - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2021-11-07 - 280 words

0Unrated
I'm really curious to what tomorrow will bring,
but at the same time I don't want to put any effort
to survive and see what things the next day will offer me.

I'm so tired feeling this way.
One second I'm so happy, floating away in cloud nine and the next, the cloud is starting to drizzle its rain. Heavy down pour right at me, drowning me with tears of the black sea making my surrounding so dark all I can do is to stand on my tiptoes, and oh, realize that the whole time I'm not going to drown. And you wanna know why? The rain cloud doesn't actually poured its heavy dark water on me - - It was all on me. The heavy breathings, the sharp turns of my feet as I swaddle around looking for an anchor to the ground.

After all this time, I was drowning but there is no water surrounding me. I was drowning not in water, but rather the by the dark thing I couldn't even think what it really was.

I'm surrounded by darkness, fear invading my body as I submerge myself, and let myself fall as my whole body falls limp to the ground letting the darkness engulf me whole.

I'm going to wait here until the sunshine comes back again and once again I'm riding in cloud nine, not knowing when will the dark cloud of sadness will appear again.

Maybe, tomorrow or the next day or the next week, but right now as I fly high above the sea of joy. I want myself to know. You matter. And you deserve to know what happens tomorrow--in the future.
Sign up to rate and review this story