Categories > Anime/Manga > Sword Art Online > The Demon's Journey

The Demon's Journey

by Goreleech 0 reviews

Some of your favorite anime characters got drafted into a fantasy war against Dark Elves....and ONE poor bastard got dragged along for the ride!

Category: Sword Art Online - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2021-11-20 - 103878 words

0Unrated
ISEKAI HERE I COME!
DAY 1.
MONDAY.
GOLD: 0.


A sound of wailing police sirens and flashing blue lights roused a now grumbling teenager from his fitful slumber on a bed far too small for a boy of his stature.
"Dammit. It is TOO early in the morning for this shit."
His tired, tenored grumble was met by the sounds of gunshots from the outside world as the officers engaged in a shootout with whoever they'd been after. This development was met with a second blaring sound, an alarm clock. The teenager on the bed sighed in despair as he was now forced ti leave the snuggly cocoon of his blankets to pretend to be a person. I HATE mornings. I HATE Mondays. I hate everything. The teenager grabbed his conviently placed material for a shower and went in. The nearly 6 foot tall boy muddled his way through cleaning his 240 pound frame and scrubbed his shortcut brown hair. His tired brown eyes more lusterless pits then the eyes of a living creature while the hot water ran over his pasty white skin. Once clean he got dressed in ragged denim jeans, a thin black T-shirt with a spiraling red symbol on the chest with the words "Gremory Family Values" on the back over a picture of a chessboard. The shirt one of his favorite and was based off his favorite anime, HighSchool DxD. Over the shirt went a zip up leather jacket with more then a few repatchs. The thing was jet black and around the patches were signs of care. Once dressed the teenager went to the kitchen of his single bedroom dormroom for his usual breakfast of a peanut butter bagel and an energy drink. Once that detail was complete the teen pulled his battered workboots on and walked out the door of his dorm...and into a blaringly bright sunny day outside. His boots left the dull cement of his dormroom floor and crunched softly on the sand outside......SAND? The now VERY confused teenager looked down as he stepped on sand instead of the usual cement of the outside world. Sure enough, his senses were not deceiving him. he was standing on grainy sand not unlike dune sand. That new development made the barely-awake-enough-to-be-a-person teenager look up. His mind was still covered in the fog of EXTREMELY deep sleep to fully process the fact he was now STANDING IN A FREAKIN COLISEIUM STYLE AREA SURROUNDED BY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE! These pople were clad in everything from shirts and pants to robes and tunics, to freakin togas or were full on naked! Men and women alike! The teenager blinked with a hand over his face as the potent sun hit his northern new england pasty skin.
"UUGH it is WAY too fucking bright out here......wait a minute."
The realization he was now inside a coliseum HIT the teenager RIGHT in the WAKE THE FUCK UP IDIOT button! the shock finally sank in and his mind shattered like glass before restructing itself into the thing a sentient creature would have. His eyes went from lusterless to dull glint as he looked at his new surroundings. The arena was packed solid with people of every race and SPIECIES as well. He was seeing tipped ears, tails, animal ears and even a few sets a wings here an there. The teenage boy smirked as he then noted the number of massive breasts on various women before he refocused on his surroundings. That was when he discovered he was not alone. In fact there was roughly 5 dozen people all milling around him in clear confusion. The teenager looked at them curiously when one of them, a BEAUTIFUL redheaded girl who was ALSO looking around trying to get her barings, noticed him. Or, more accruately, the symbol on his shirt that was visible through his leather jacket. The teenage boy tilted his head as her ice blue eyes went wide with shock and she walked over to him. She was a head shorter then he was wirh long, hip length blood red hair that shimmered like blood itself in the early morning breeze. The girl was slender with evident tone on her limbs from an active lifestyle while her eyes were sapphire blue. the orbs were full of an inner sparkle the boy really liked and her skin was light. On her chest were a massive pair of bouncing breasts that made her schoolgirl uniform bulge alluringly and her shapely hips made her skirt flare as well. She walked over to the now very curious teenager and spoke in a soft, imperious yet friendly tone.
"Nice to meet you. I am Rias Gremory. Next head of the House of Gremory. I ask you something?"
The teenager smiled.
"I'm Tyler. Nice to meetchya! It about the shirt?"
The redhead chuckled at that.
"It's about the shirt."
"My world you're an anime character. And one a my favorites."
"Huh. THAT'S a new one. Sooo you bought a SHIRT?"
"He. Check it."
He took his jacket off and the curious redhead laughed as he showed her the back.
"Okay that's funny."
"I saw that and was like, YUP."
Tyler smiled as he turned back around.
"So YOU'RE the legendary Rias? Wow."
Rias smiled at that.
"HOw bad?"
"Gold standard fanservice driven ecchi."
"So you've seen."
"A fair few things here an there."
"Uh-huh. Context?"
Tyler tilted his head at her mildly amused tone.
"It varied. Showers, Issei's idiocy, a bad shot from some prick, or you're just showin off."
"Ha. DON'T GET WEIRD."
"Lady. We just got kidnapped to another world, I am STILL not awake enough for this, and I'm talking to an anime character. WE, are WAAAAAY passed weird. But sure."
Rias nodded with a smirk at that.
"Any insight?"
"Plenty. But you're a real person. Not some character on paper anymore."
"THAT is a VERY fair point. So, WHY me?"
"Context?"
She had a smirk in her blue eyes as she looked up at the curious teenager.
"Why'd you check it out?"
"Oddly enough it popped up like three times in a row in my recommendeds. I usually check out a show if they do that. So I took the silent dare. Was NEVER the same. Music was FIRE."
Rias chuckled at that one.
"Well, you're not lying. That's a relief. So you're a fan?"
"Of the Empress of Ruin."
"Can you please not call me that? It brings back bad memories."
"I get it. Still a METAL title."
The redheaded girl smiled at that.
"It DOES have a certain ring to it. Like how Akeno's the Priestess of Thunder."
"Sparky."
"OH my HELL I am KEEPING that!"
"Blame me. We'll LIGHT that spark!"
Rias busted up laughing at THAT cocky joke! Her laugh sounding like windchimes in a breeze.
"YOU'RE hilarious! And she'll HIT you."
"She DON'T the joke's not funny."
"Her heritage?"
"Eh. Fuck where she came from. She's here now. That's a good thing in mah book."
Rias smiled warmly at that.
"Yeah. I'll tell her that. So, interested?"
"Again. CONTEXT."
"Are you gonna try to be my boyfriend?"
Tyler smiled warmly.
"Sure. You're beautiful and seem really nice. Are you offering?"
Rias smiled at that geninue reply.
"I have a boyfriend actually. Was kinda worried."
"If I was the crazed lover type fan?"
"Pretty much."
"Weebs and Otaku DO have a VERY well earned reputation. I get it. Friends?"
"So long as you do ONE thing for me."
"Call Koneko a fister to her face?"
A rock bounced off his chest at that and a irritated, flat girl's voice was heard from in the crowd.
"I heard that you idiot."
Tyler laughed at that as Rias LOST it! The redhead dropped was hunched over laughing from the events and the tall teenager chuckled as he rubbed his sore chest.
"Worth it."
Rias was coughing lightly from her laughing fit and he rubb ed her back in soothing circles as she recovered.
"Thank you."
"You good?"
"I am now. Oh my hell you're hilarious. I was GOING to have you talk to Akeno. But that was SO much better."
"I'd still love to meet her, Rias."
The redhead smiled warmly.
"I have an interrogation to attend to however. Next time."
"Need a rescue?"
She smirked.
"Oh my. How ARROGANT do you have to be to think yuo can rescue ME from a GIRL'S INTERRGATION?"
"Can't interrogate you if we run."
She laughed.
"You have a point! I'll be sure to keep it in my back pocket!"
"Word's Demonic Chariot."
"Demonic Chariot. I love that. Nice meeting you, Tyler."
"Same here, Rias. Oh. watch the hair. It would REALLY suck if ya got it STUCK in oh saya DOOR?"
she glared at him darkly for that.
"Was THAT in the show?"
He chuckled knowingly.
"Nope."
"OOOOH I am going to GET you."
"What? Whatchya gonna get me?"
She walked away chuckling and Tyler smiled as she threw in an unnessecary hipsway.
"Ha. so THAT'S Rias Gremory? I like her."
The teenager then refocused on the fact they got kidnapped and looked around at the arena. That was when a gleam of gold near the end of the sandy area got his eye. Tyler looked over curiously as a man in golden robes ascended to a podium of stone in a threater style box. Never trust a crown, never trust a sceptor or a religous icon, NEVER turn your back to either. The tall teenager walked to the front of the group as a magically projected sound of a well oiled deep voice was heard around them.
"welcome to the world of Macedona brave heroes. I am Pope Diaxor Von Draken. Head of the Church of Richtor. The Just God. I am sure you have many questions and all will be made clear."
Tyler sighed as he looked at the man.
"Monthly waves of monsters, demonlords, demon ARMIES, monster armies, amusement, humanity backed into a corner for whatever reason, or some combo of the bunch. Which is it?"
There was a chuckle from beside him and he looked to see a slender boy in a black trench coat with a pair of sword hilts over his shoulders. The boy was a head shorter then Tyler with short cut black hair and black eyes. His skin was fair and his frame slender with well cut muscles from a rigorous lifestyle. His attire was an all black trench coat that hung to his ankles with black pants, boots, and undershirt. Over each shoulder stuck a sword hilt. One was jet black with a crescent crossguard and the other was a beautiful shade of teal blue with more jagged hilt and pommel. The boy's voice a hard bark.
"Do this often?"
"I'm like WAAAY into anime and manga."
"Ah. I'm Kirito."
"Tyler. YOUR story is ONE of em."
"And there goes my head. Want an autograph?"
"ha. More backup."
"Same to you."
They banged fists and Tyler noticed he had fingerless black gloves on.
"Yo get those spiked."
Kirito chuckled at the idea.
"I will do so as SOON as I can."
"You still got it with those?"
"I should. they feel better."
Tyler looked back at the 'pope' now.
"This is gonna be interesting."
Diaxor finished gathering his thoughts now and sighed.
"There is no easy way to say this. You heroes were summoned to aid us in our war of survival against the monsters and those that control then. And by our war, I mean humanity itself. We have been on the defensive for centuries against the race of Dark Beings known as Draken. Or Dark Elves as you'd know them. They are sworn enemies of Humans as they see us as lesser beings unfit to breathe the same air as them. Humanity and Draken have been warring since before the founding of the nation of Tragonia you now stand in. Some 50,000 years ago. We have always traded position as dominating force in a near endless tug of war. Now, however, humanity has been backed into a dire corner as the Draken have discovered a means to control monsters. With these fell things under their power, humans are outmatched in a one to one fight. So we have besiged the just God Richtor for aid, and he in turn summoned you. YOU are the Heroes that will save us all."
Tyler and Kirito listened to the sales pitch with lifted eyebrows and when Diaxor finished the taller boy looked at Kirito.
"Well. If he's lying I can't tell."
The black clad boy nodded.
"Neither can I. Truth?"
"We'll call it bullshit until we see a Draken with our own eyes."
"Agreed. You going solo?"
"HAven't gotten that far. You?"
"Same."
"Oh. Asuna here?"
"She's over there with that maid."
Tyler looked over and chuckled as he saw the silver haired maid standing beside a redhead in flowing red and white attire.
"Oh that's Belfast. I'll go say hi."
"Ha."
"She's another."
"OH MY HEAD."
"Try it from MY end."
"OUCH."
"LAter man."
The taller teenager walked over to where the two ladies were and the redhead smirked as he approached.
"Oh crap. I got a boyfriend big guy."
"Noted. Nice to meet ya though. I'm Tyler."
The redhead chuckled at the friendly greeting. She was a beauty of a girl with back length auburn colored hair and bright green eyes set in a teardrop shaped face. her frame was slender and her bust modest in her red and white armor that was more like a gown then anything. On her hip was a needle-like rapier and her voice was a firm yet warm bark.
"I see that."
"Sorry Asuna. In my world you're famous. Same with BLACKBALL over there."
Kirito's offended voice was heard then.
"Oh you DICK!"
Asuna laughed.
"Oh that's hilarious! So how we famous?"
"Anime."
"OW my HEAD."
"Yut. Lightning Flash."
Asuna chuckled at that.
"want an autograph?"
"Nah. HE does."
"Dude NO."
Asuna laughed again at kirito's newfound irritation as the maid smiled warmly at the interaction. Tyler smiled as he looked at her. She was another gorgeous beauty half a head shorter then him with lower back length silver hair that gleamed in the sun. Her skin was pale while her bust was MASSIVE in her maid outfit. Her eyes were a brillant sapphire blue and they sparkled with inner warmth and strength. Her voice was a warm breath as she saw him looking at her.
"Greetings, sir. I am Royal Navy heavy cruiser Belfast. A pleasure."
"My name's Tyler. nice to meetchya. Oh. I'm 15."
"OH MY."
"I'm american. You're famous in my world too, Belfast."
The lady blinked at this.
"Am i really?"
"As a character of anime and a game for your cellphone."
"How odd."
"Yeah it's weird. Kicker?"
"Oh dear."
"The games and other such material....were based off actual warships in my world."
Belfast blinked at this new information as Tyler looked back to the pope to gauge when the next speech was starting. Then the maid tilted her head.
"The material...was it wholesome?"
"The OFFICIAL stuff? Kinda. it's a warstory so, not many warm an fuzzies to begin with. the fanMADE stuff? NOPE. well SOMETIMES it was, but the most part? YOOOOOU don't wanna know."
The silver haired maid sighed.
"Good is always accompanied by bad. And we do not exist in your world. I will move on so long as YOU do not cross a line."
"Sure Belfast."
she nodded before smiling.
"It feels oddly nice, having a fan walk up to you and say so."
"Flattery is always nice."
"So long as there is no ulterior motive."
"So true. Friends?"
"Acceptable. Now, the pope is ready to speak again."
"DON'T TRUST HIM. Not without a VERY good reason."
Asuna nodded grimly as she watched the man retake the podium.
"Absolutely. And until we see a draken with our own eyes, there is no war."
"Kirito said the same thing. nice to see where he got it from."
Asuna smiled at the CLEAR setup and brownie points. Belfast saw it too.
"Good man."
Tyler chuckled as Diaxor spoke again once the murmering had died down.
"I am certain you all have many questions and resignations on the current affair. However, I must ask you hold your quiries for the time being as such talks are better held behind closed doors."
A line of ladies in clean maid outfits appeared from the walls and approached the heroes in the sand. Tyler tilted his head at this one.
"Huh. Weird."
Belfast nodded with a frown as she noted te shoes of the ladies.
"Very odd indeed. They do not seem affected by the sand."
"An enchantement?"
"Perhaps."
A young girl with blue hair and scales approached Tyler with a kind smile.
"Greetings Lord hero. I am the one known as Jerial. I am of the Sea Wraith race. I will be your personal maid while you are in our care. If you would please follow me, I will lead you to the feast."
Tyler smiled as he noted her shining green eyes and large bust in her outfit.
"Thanks Jerial. I say that right?"
The taller boy followed the maid as her soft, whispery voice was full of polite warmth.
"You did, My Lord. And do not worry. I see that curiosity."
"So you're a Sea Wraith?"
Jerial nodded as she smiled and a pair of unusually long fangs were seen in her mouth.
"I am indeed, My Lord. Or a Sea Vampire. I am like the merfolk in that I can breathe water, swim like a fish, and never truly get wet. Fire and dryness are my enemies."
Tyler noted the sun and looked at her.
"Are you okay out here?"
She nodded with a new warmth now.
"I am indeed, My Lord. It is the heat of a desert I must be wary of. And the heat of an open bonfire as well."
"Ice?"
"I do prefer being cold, Milord. and ice baths are MOST enjoyable for me!"
"Wow. So...once you hop in your natural warmth just makes it better?"
"eep!"
"Cute."
Now blushing an adorable shade of purple, poor Jerial had to take a minute to recover.
"Oh my. Are you interested in ME my Lord?"
"Well, you're very pretty, and seem nice. If I was?"
Jerial smiled with a new nervousness to her.
"I am afraid I must disappoint. I am a very happily married Wraith. To my wife you see."
"It weird I'm jealous of the both of you?"
That made her smile warmly.
"No it is not."
"Appreicate the upfront."
Jerial let out a small sigh of relief at the easy acceptence and Tyler patted her fondly....making her blush harder.
"Cute."
"Oh dear."
Tyler chuckled as the pair left the coliseum arena behind for a narrow corridor. The teenager looked around at the cobblestone built thing as the rest of the heroes followed them. Jerial smiled as they walked out and gestured to a line of elegant wagons waiting outside.
"My Lord, our carriage awaits."
"Neat trick."
The Hero climbed in with his maid and she shut the door with a click before they were moving. Tyler looked out the window and noted the city they rode through had a mostly cobblestone and brickwork construction. Jerial smiled.
"The last human capital. Beran. The last country of humankind in the world houses her as it's capital."
Tyler nodded as he noted the fact the carriage was not mobbed by fans or even noticed on the road. Then the teenager looked at the sea wraith.
"How's it working for the pope?"
Jerial blinked at the question before she smiled.
"I work for the queen, actually, My Lord. The Pope is merely borrowing my services for this display."
"The king?"
"The kingdom is a matriarchy actually. Queen Mylissa Glacious rules from her frozen throne."
"Is SHE frozen?"
"Only her hair and eyes are My Lord. They are of the deepest, most captivating blue you will ever see."
He chuckled at that one as they crossed a large bridge over a clear moat and into a red sandstone castle. The teenager looked around at the guards and armed soldiers defending the castle and noted the expressions of determination and oddly enough calm light in their eyes.
"So they put on a show to make it seem the war isn't as bad as it is."
Jerial smiled uncomfortably.
"Actually, My Lord, the war IS that bad. But the lines are hundreds of miles away. The country is quite large you see."
"Interesting. So we'll get our time to train. Good."
The carriage came to a halt outside a long line of stairs where MORE maids were lined up in a tunnel. Tyler chuckled as he saw this.
"The Queen sure does love her maids, eh Jerial?"
She blushed her blue blush again at the insinuations.
"it is....a well kept open secret that the queen is quite fond of certain games with those that take her fancy.....nightly."
"Ha. the princess?"
"She is an absolute SWEETHEART! You will see!"
Tyler was mildly taken aback by Jerial's sudden explosion of joy and smiles at the mention of the royal girl. Now I REALLY wanna meet this chick. The pair headed up the steps along the corridor of maids as behind them the rest of the heroes left their own wagons to follow. Tyler finding the steps had been made for smaller people than him as every stride of his ate up two at a time while Jerial had them at one. The sea wraith smiled sheepishly as she saw he notice this.
"The palace caters to all who wish to enter, My Lord."
"Makes sense. Kinda like feeling tall."
She chuckled at that as they reached the landing and Tyler smiled at the view from the top. It looking out over the red walls of the castle and a good portion of the city that oddly enough curved in his vision like the planet had bent. Jerial again explained.
"The city is that big and the hill we are on that tall. You did not notice the climb as it is that subtle."
"Huh. THAT'S kinda cool."
They approached the grand roo to the palace and Tyler noted the things to be made of solid gold intricately decorated with images of women engaging in everything from fighting and healing, to giving speeches and exquisitely detailed sex scenes with other women. Tyler chuckled as he took the handle of the door.
"That's kinda awesome."
He opened the near 10 foot tall door and gave a sweping gesture to a now blushing Jerial.
"After you Milady!"
The poor maid was so blue in the face he was afraid she was choking! Then she walked through the door without a word and he followed. much to the hilarity of a girl on a throne at the far end of the room. Jerial had a look of bemused embarrassment on her face at the sudden role reversal and tyler chuckled.
"I HAD to."
"Oh dear."
She recovered.
"YOU are a ROGUE. And that WAS funny!"
"ha. I HAD to do something like that to you once or I'dda been very disappointed in myself."
"Rogue."
He chuckled at that as they walked through a mass of elagantly dressed men and women standing either side of a lush red carpet leading along a blue stone floor. Tyler looked at the members of the Queen's Court curiously when a flicker caught his eye from an upper level. He looked and that was when he spotted the numerous figures in black cloaks following their every move through the throneroom. So, he smirked and waved at one. Like freakin MAGIC they vanished into thin air and Jerial blinked.
"Oh my."
"Yeah I'm kinda used to looking for shadows in odd places."
"Oh dear."
Tyler chuckled at that as the shadows returned and were now taking EXTREME pains to NOT be seen. he waved AGAIN and they just gave up trying to be stealthy and Jerial gulped.
"I will NOT try to hide from you."
"You're a WRAITH. Isn't stealth supposed to be your thing?"
"My Lord. THEY are wraiths."
"OH."
"Indeed. The Heroes' Boon."
"Ha. How's THAT for accidental discovery?"
She chuckled again as they reached the end of the red carpet where Jerial gestured to a spot on a wider section of the red floor.
"Here, My Lord. If you have need, merely say my name."
"Thanks Jerial."
She curtsied neatly and moved to stand beside a flickering brazier to await further direction. Tyler then looked ahead at the two ladies on their thrones of dragon skulls. No legit. They were sitting on the skulls of dragons. One was a towering woman with foot length cobalt blue hair that glowed faintly from some enchantment. The azur lockes seeming more like water then hair while her skin was pale. Her frame was slender with a massive bust inside her gown of blue that matched her hair to perfection. The garment matched so well, it almost seemed she was wearing her hair and nothing else. Her eyes were the same color blue and her lips had an oddly striking dash of red to them. Tyler then looked to the girl beside the Queen of Blue. She was a head shorter then he was with foot length sky blue hair he kinda liked while her eyes were a lighter and softer shade of cobalt. Her skin was fair and her bust every bit as massive as her mother's. Her frame was very slender and her gown was a bright blue like her hair. She was bare foot like her mother but Tyler noted a pair of thin heels beside their thrones in easy reach. The younger girl smiled sweetly as she saw him looking at her curiously and her voice was a soft, warm soprano that had a very soothing quality to it.
"YOU are hilarious Lord Hero!"
HE chuckled.
"HAppy to amuse you, Princess. I'm Tyler."
She smiled at the friendly greeting.
"My name is Seria Glacious. an honor to meet one of God's chosen heroes."
"Yeeet I'M lookin at a Princess of Blue. I think I win here."
She giggled into her hand and the sound made the teenager smile as well.
"Good! YOU know your place, Tyler!"
"Yes, Seria."
"EEP!"
"HOLY sweet crap I got a Princess to squeak. And seriously? SUUUUUPER CUTE."
"Eeep!"
"Wow. Twofer cute."
"Mother! Help!"
Poor Seria was tomato red in the face at the flirting and her mother was chuckling at the exchange. HER voice a warm, imperious yet airy bell.
"Peace Dear. It seems he is but an amusing rogue. Now I see it is MY turn to introduce myself here."
Tyler looked at her curiously as the rest of the heroes all took spots where they could see the lady. The taller woman stood tall beside her daughter and Tyler noticed she had an inch on him. Not MUCH, but he noticed. She smiled graciously at the heroes.
"Welcome to my Queendom Heroes of Richtor. I am high Queen Mylissa Glacious. This is my DAUGHTER,"
She looked RIGHT at Tyler for this with a knowing smile, and he waved cheerily at her. Amused, the queen continued.
"Princess Seria Glacious. Do NOT approach her lightly OR offer a suit recklessly. For she is MY daughter. NOT a mere prize."
Tyler smiled at the princess and she blushed with her own small smile.
"Still cute."
"Mercy! People are looking at me!"
He chuckled at her INCREDIBLY sexy whine before he let her off the hook for the time being. Mylissia smiled as she saw their interaction.
"YOU. First Hero. I see my daughter has your attention."
"She's gorgeous. and never seen natural hair like that before. I love the color, Seria."
She smiled at the warm praise.
"Aww thank you! YOU'RE huge!"
"DOORS are MY mortal enemy. And they LOVE reminding me at the WORST possible times."
She laughed at the imagery as Mylissia smiled proudly.
"Seria?"
The princess smiled warmly.
"He's nice mother! I like him!"
"OH SHIT."
That made a fair few ladies in the room, hero or otherwise, laugh at his new tone of nerves. Mylissia nodded approvingly.
"GOOD MINDSET. Now. DO you offer a formal suit for the Princess Hero Tyler?"
"So long as you understand i DO NOT wanna be king."
The Queen nodded sagely.
"GOOD. A Hero's romance. and to be honest kings are second to queens so you wouldn't be THAT important."
"Then I'll offer her a suit."
"Yay! I accept! Now what, Mother?"
Tyler chuckled at her sweetly voiced question.
"That is MY question entirely."
Mylissia smiled as she brushed her azur tresses out of her eyes.
"Now you must prove your affection, valor, STRENGTH, and honor to her......mainly ME. If she falls, you had BETTER be ready to marry her. Are we CLEAR?"
Tyler shrugged.
"I'll marry her and put on one helluva show. But for the sake a clarity? I don't believe in marriages. Never seen a happy one you see."
That made the queen sigh.
"There is a story there, and I sense they are not happy ones. I ALSO see you value transperency. GOOD. The suit is approved. And know there ARE others seeking her hand as well."
"Yeeeah. If they make me mad, I'll just kidnap her and call it good."
"Huh?"
Seria and Mylissia were DUMBFOUNDED by THAT ultimatium! So was everyone else in the room! Tyler smiled.
"Oh yeah. I'll make it clear. I protect the ones I care about. VICIOUSLY. From ANYTHING. Ya got a problem with that? QUEEN?"
MYlissia smiled widely as she saw the CLEAR widescale warning, POWERPLAY, warning, and bid all wrapped up in a death threat.
"I DO NOT have a problem with that, HERO. YOU have a SPINE underneath all that blubber. Some training and you might actually look good."
"Oi. I'm FAT, NOT WEAK. but agreed."
They chuckled at that one and Tyler refocused as did the queen. Mylissia addressed the heroes now.
"I am sure Diaxor already explained-"
"Oh!"
All eyes turned to Seria as she squeaked with inspiration and the blue haired princess looked at Tyler curiously.
"How many years are you, Tyler?"
The room slumped at this serious faced ask and Mylissia sighed.
"OOOH she is a bit of an airhead."
"Ha. It's fine. I'm 15 years, Seria."
"OH MY."
Mylissia was also taken aback by that as she eyed the teenager's near 6 foot frame.
"OOooooooh be still my heart."
"Oh crap."
"Peace. until the union is solidified, flings ARE allowed AND encouraged."
"Oh SHIT."
They laughed at that shift and Mylissia smiled knowingly.
"Good. Now then."
The queen tried again.
"I am certain Diaxor already explained much to you and that you have a great many questions. Let us first start with the important ones. You will be paid by the crown for your aid in our war. and should we emerge victorious from the conflict, Lord Richtor has garranteed your safe return to your worlds. OR. You may elect to remain here as a Hero."
TYler crossed his arms thoughtfully as the queen continued.
"As it is, you heroes were blessed with far greater might and power then any human could hope to achieve in 100 lifetimes. But to use this power you must first grow strong enough to WIELD it. In this you are bound by the same laws of Growth as we normal humans. The way it works is an Experience system. Ladies. Present the plates."
Jerial walked over to Tyler and passed him a 3 inch tall by 2 inch wide card with a sleek glass-like front and a small spike at the top. Each of the heroes got their own plate and Mylissia looked RIGHT at Tyler now.
"To activate your Status Plate, press your thumb onto the spike."
There was a mas of gasps as the heroes did and their blood tripped onto the plate. Tyler didn't blink as he did so and his Status Plate glowed to life with a striking red color that clashed with Seria's blue oddly well. Mylissia smiled as she saw this contradiction.
"She is of the gentle blue. YOU are of the roiling and fierce red. A perfect balance. Now. To access your stats, say Status Open."
Tyler looked at the plate.
"Status Open."
The screen blinked and a list of numbers appeared. Seria smiled anxiously.
"What are your numbers, Tyler?"
He smirked.
"Strength is 45, Defense is 200, Stamina is 250, Vitality is 300, Agiltiy is 10, Dexterity is 10, Intelligence is 500, Mana is 10, Magic is ten, Magic DEFENSE is 10."
Mylissia tilted her head at the numbers.
"How interesting. So you're tough, not OVERLY strong with extreme endurance and will to live while your inteilect is extreme. Not as bad as I feared, but not GOOD either."
Seria smiled and Tyler chuckled.
"My world values brainpower more then brawn."
The queen nodded.
"There is the reason. And is a respectable one as well. So long as you IMPROVE."
"I'll do what I can."
"And that is all we ask."
Once the rest of the heroes had the time to look their numbers over, the queen nodded.
"Now. if you look to the top of the status Plate you will see the small bar with the letter EXP at the top. That determines your Growth in Macedona. The bar fills with the experiences you have. and they are infinite. Everything from bathing to eating to sex to merely getting dressed gives experience. Some acts give more experience then others. if you are a baker, you will need to work for years to level up three times. a WARRIOR that hunts bandits will level many times in her first year alone if she is good. And for you dogs, sex grants a surprisingly large amount of experience. Just remember we have PLENTY of scissors and other punishments if you ignore their words."
Tyler chuckled at that one and Seria blushed.
"Um, Tyler?"
"I listen."
"Phew."
"Sweetie, you will need instruction before you may gift your purity."
"Yes, Mother."
Tyler looked at his Status Plate and Mylissia nodded approvingly.
"GOOD choice."
"Yeah not my game, not my table."
"Smart. Now."
She continued her explaination.
"Once the bar is filled, you will level up. Or advance to the next tier of power. In Macedona, the more levels you have the more powerful you are s a person. I am a Queen. MY level is 100. The absolutel MAXIMUM a human can possess. when i was born, i was already level 75 per my royal blood. I cannot grow any more powerful as i am as powerful as a human CAN be. You heroes are judged DIFFERENTLY on your power and as such level infinitely. But. You will start at level 1 I am afraid. Such power cannot be simply GIVEN away and must be EARNED. Each level up you will be gifted a number of points to use on your Stats. The number is random. But it is ALWAYS between the lowest number, 10, and the highest, 50. These points are then used to upgrade yourself. When you have points to place, an arrow will appear on your stats where you may place them. Just know that once a point has been placed, it CANNOT be removed or placed somewhere else. So choose wisely."
Tyler nodded as his archives of RPG gameplay fired up. He looked at the Queen and she nodded.
"Speak."
"Are there forced levels in the world?"
"Yes. But you will need to find them and trigger their requirements. They are many and more. I myself can force levels as well. To do so, you must preform some feat of immense worth in my eyes to warrent such a precious gift. And I will leave YOU to figure out what that feat would be."
The heroes nodded as the queen moved to the next leg of the explaination.
"Now. each of you has a profcency. or, that ONE role you are most suited for. These Profecencies can be merely be a runner, or as great as a Godkiller. Yes that has a Profcency. Once your Profcency is learned you may learn abilities, magic, and skills ascociated with that Profcency. To find this, open your Status Plate, and swipe left on the plate."
Tyler did so and tilted his head as he saw the Profcency. Mylissia smiled.
"Tyler. Read what yours is."
"It says Slayer."
The queen and princess blinked. Seria reacted first.
"It truly says Slayer?"
"Yeah. All it says is Slayer."
Mylissia smiled widely.
"THe Profcency of the hunter! One that ever seeks fresh prey to vanquish and fresh challanges to conquor! Slayers are renowned monster hunters and fighters. They often become Dragonslayers or the more rare Demonslayer. We will watch YOUR progress most closely Tyler the Slayer."
"I already have an ability here."
The queen smiled.
"That is the ability that comes preloaded with your Profcency. what is it?"
He looked.
"It's called Dark Sacrilant. It's a dark fire that deals extra damage to demonkin and undead. Huh. Tht's kinda cool."
Seria looked at her mother with a wide smile.
"He already has a Demon fighting ability, Mother."
Mylissia nodded approvingly.
"Indeed he does, dear. is it a WEAPON skill, Tyler?"
"Umm, it just says dark flame attack. Oh. Here it is. Wow. It can either be a fireball spell, or an enhancement for a weapon. THAT'S kinda cool. Ha."
He smirked then.
"I got an idea."
Rias' amused voice was heard from the crowd now.
"Don't you DARE you jackass!"
"Ha."
Seria smiled.
"Tyler? Who is that?"
Rias came sauntering out of the crowd and tyler jabbed a thumb at her.
"Oh that's Rias, Seria. She's a friend a mine and is claimed. I see that deathglare."
Mylissia smiled.
"Oh MY you ARE a beauty!"
Rias smiled.
"Thank you, your Highness. I am not a lesbian however."
"Oh BOO."
Tyler chuckled at her disappointment before he looked at Rias. She smiled.
"I also have Slayer. AND Dark Sacralint."
"Be kinda fun using YO ability better an YOU do, Rias."
"Idiot. DON'T hit me with my own attack."
"Ha. I'll be sure to."
"OOOOH you're a dick."
Tyler chuckled at her amusement before looking to Mylissia and she smiled.
"You may unlock new abilities through different criteria. They are so varied nearly ANYTHING can unlock them. and you may purchase abilities and spells from shops as well. And it is highly encouraged you do so as purchased abilities are a shortcut to unlocking them. Any proficency can use any ability. Just know if say a Slayer Proficency tried to use Fireball, which is a Pyromancer Proficency spell, the Pyromancer will have the stronger spell by default."
Rias looked at her plate and Tyler smiled as he did the same.
"We really should play chess some time, Rias."
"I'd love to."
She had a warm smile at the idea and Seria saw it.
"I thought you were claimed?"
"I am. It's nice having a tough guy friend."
"I heard that."
"Hey!"
"Okay that was a dick move, Rias."
A set of three guys' indignant voices were heard and Tyler laughed.
"Oh come on that was cold! Gaspy didm't deserve that!"
Rias chuckled.
"Sorry Gaspy! You're tough!"
"BETTER!"
The room chuckled at that one and Tyler looked at his ability more before Mylissia smiled.
"Now. Your training. We will not just send you to die in our war, Heroes. In the morning you will be given to the Captain of my royal Knights, Victoria Dragonslayer, for training and instruction in this world's strength. When she is confident of your strength we will discuss your role in the war. You may live hee in the palace while you are in our world and know every city under my command has set aside rooms for you in their keeps if they have one and if they have the space. Your maids will be your staff and I WILL NOT tolerate any abuses towards them. Are we clearf?"
"Yes Mylissia."
"Hey. Do that to HER. NOT me."
Seria laughed at her mother's reaction.
"Wow, mother. Never seen you blush before!"
"Seria."
"What? It's CUTE!"
"OOOOOH DAMN YOU."
Tyler chuckled at that one before the ear blushign queen refocused.
"Next is pay. the currency of the realm is gold coins. These coins come in teirs. one gold, 5 gold, 10 gold, 20 gold, 50 gold, 100 gold, and 1,000 gold coins are available. Every week you heroes will be given 1,000 gold for your own uses. 1,000 gold is the usual pay for a high ranking soldier on the frontline and is enough for a week of rooms and meals at an inn. As a signon bonus you will be given 2,000 gold right now."
Jerial brought him his pouch and he smiled.
"Thanks Jerial."
She smiled warmly and left. Rias smirked.
"She's pretty."
"And a married lady to her wife."
"Such a shame."
"Ha. I'm jealous a both a em."
"Ha."
The Queen then smiled.
"I do believe that covers everything you need to know. If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask. And that applies to the future as well."
Tyler tilted his head.
"Equipment?"
"You will select your equipment with Victoria in the morning for your training. If you do not already have any that is. Now. Ladies? You know where to go."
Jerial approached Tyler with softly clicking heels.
"My lord, the Feast is this way."
"Alright. Shall we Seria?"
"HUH?!"
The room laughed at her squeak as Tyler looked at her with a smile.
"Wanna go to the feast?"
She beamed excitedly and her mother chuckled.
"Sweetie, HOLD."
"Ahhhh BOO!"
"Sweetie."
"WHY?"
"Because it's a cheap trick. Do better."
"STILL BOO!"
Tyler chuckled at Seria's pout.
"Cute pout."
Mylissia just waved them along and rias chuckled as she walked beside him.
"So you're trying for your own princess?"
Tyler smiled as they followed Jerial down a spiral staircase.
"Kinda. I've never seen a girl like her before and she's got a VERY soothing presence. I like it and I like her."
Rias smiled at that.
"Better then ME huh?"
"I've seen many cosplays of you before. You're the best version so don't worry."
"Gee way to make me feel better."
"I mean I can DO THAT TOO, but we'd need a few things."
"Ha.....wait."
Her eyes flashed as she picked up on something. She glared at him intensely now.
"Are you offering me what I think you are?"
He leaned in her ear.
"Want a massage?"
"OOOOH you better not be lying. YES I do."
"Good. YOU are AFTER HER."
"YOU SONUVABITCH!"
He laughed at her new fury at the lead along and Jerial smiled sweetly.
"Oh my."
Tyler smiled as he patted the outraged rias fondly.
"I'll give you one when we get the time, Rias."
She sighed as she came down from her rage moment and smiled.
"Nude?"
"with a blanket or whatever if you like."
"I'm fine with it. Since you know. Thanks."
"sure. I gotchyer back."
"I got yours."
The friends left the stairwell to walk into a massive dining hall of red and blue stone decorated by roaring fireplaces. There were clean white cloth covered tables lining the place and Jerial led the hulking boy to a seat near one of the fires. Rias grabbed the seat across from hin and he smiled.
"Well. Hello there."
She smiled.
"General Kenobi."
"OOOh i respect you more now."
She smirked an d slid a nearby chessboard over with a long finger.
"Let's find if you deserve the same."
"OOOOH my Rias! So THIS is your new friend?"
A tall girl with beautiful purple tresses in a tight ponytail strutted over to sit beside the redhead. She was tyler's height with light skin and vivid pink eyes set in an elegant face. her frame was slender and her hair was a deep purple that almost looked black as it hung to her feet while also tied in a neat ponytail by a yellow ribbon. She was well toned form a rigorous lifestyle and her bust was massive inside her schoolgirl uniform. easily rivaling the queen's impressive melons. Her voice was a seductive purr as she looked at the curious teenager across from her.
"Well aren't YOU good looking! I'm Akeno Himejima. A PLEASURE to meet you!"
Tyler smiled as he and Rias set the board.
"Nice to meet you Akeno. I love your eyes."
She smiled at the geninue complement.
"Thank you. Rias says you know us from anime. How much do you know?"
He smiled warmly at her.
"We got you from your past Akeno. You're a good person and even better friend. NEVER doubt that."
Akeno smiled with a happy glow in her pearl eyes.
"Thank you, Tyler. I can tell yuo mean that."
"Can I see your wings sometime?"
"I'd love to show you. We still have them but they're merely decorative."
"YOu are SO MUCH MORE then a mere decoration Akeno! You're YOU. And that is BEAUTIFUL."
She sighed joyously at that and Rias whistled.
"Wow."
The redhead then looked at the board as Belfast sat beside the hulking boy.
"Oh hey Belfast."
"Hello again, Tyler. I will not disturb."
"It's fine. What'd you get for a Proficency, Belfast?"
Rias made her first move and Tyler made his as the silver haired maid smiled.
"I was given the Ocean Mistress Proficency. I am a powerful water mage it seems."
"That's kinda cool. Akeno? oh. Thanks Rias."
"Shit I'm losing pieces."
Akeno smiled.
"I got Thunder Priestess. I'm a lightning mage."
"Huh. I'dda had ya pegged for the thunder goddess."
"Aww! I like you!"
"Ahem. SPARKLES!"
She smacked him in the face on reflex as Rias LOST IT. Belfast had a mere smile on her lips as Akeno had a new look of strain on hers.
"I hate you so much."
Tyler chuckled as he rubbed his sore face.
"WORTH IT!"
"OOOOH I hate you. Sister. NOT. ONE. WORD."
"Oh come on Akeno GET a sense a humor."
Tyler chuckled as he took a rook from Rias.
"And this is fun."
The redhead smiled as they dueled.
"Very. You're good."
"Thank you. Oddly enough I'm VERY rusty."
"SCARY."
"Oh here you are, president."
A lanky guy with spiky hair came swaggering up to sit beside the busty redhead. The new guy was a head shorter then Tyler with brown spiky hair and green eyes set in a fair skinned face. He was slender in a blue blazier while his voice was a hard bark. Rias smiled as she saw him.
"Hello Issei. Tyler this is my boyfriend Issei."
Tyler chuckled as he moved a pawn.
"Nice to meetchya, Issei."
The green eyed guy smirked.
"Same. Rias is MINE. Ha."
"Woah."
Belfast was also taken aback by that one as Akeno sighed with a smile.
"He's my boyfriend too Rias!"
"Sister not now. I need to focus this guy is good."
"And BAM. Check."
"Dammit."
Tyler chuckled as he pinned Rias' king in a corner of the board and she had to sacrifice a bishop to save it. Rias had a new frown as she saw her dire position as most of her pieces were dead and Tyler had her more or less surrounded. He pressed his advantage and in a few moves only the king was left and she sighed.
"Dammit. That was a good one too."
"Spin and reset?"
"Absolutely."
Akeno whistled.
"Wow. That was intense."
Tyler smiled as he made the first move.
"Never thought I'd play YOU in chess, Rias."
She smiled at that as she focused and Issei smirked as he copped a feel of her massive melons and shot a smug glance at Tyler.
"Issei. NOT. NOW."
"Ahh COME ON!"
"I need to FOCUS dammit."
Tyler just whistled at that exchange and Belfast looked at Akeno, the best friend, in concern.
"Is the paramous ALWAYS like this, Dear?"
Akeno sighed with a strained smile.
"Kinda."
"OH my."
"Six flags....all RED flags."
The ladies chuckled at that coded message and Issei looked at him curiously.
"What the hell was that?"
"Hm? Oh nothing just thinkin."
"Weird."
Rias won this time with a suicidal assault and Tyler smirked.
"1 to 1."
"Ha. It's getting intense."
"Issei! Rias! Akeno! Here you are!"
A VERY pretty girl with long blonde hair sat beside the hulking Tyler with a smile on her face. She was a tiny thing half Tyler's size with lower back length golden hair that shimmed in the firelight. Her frame was slender while her face was sweetly teardrop shaped. Her bust was modest in her schoolgirl uniform and her voice an airy bird's chirp. Tyler smiled at this newest arrival.
"Well HELLO there. I'm Tyler."
She smiled.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Asia Argento."
"Come to watch the bettle Asia?"
"Yup! Rias is always fun to watch!"
"Wow. Sounds like she's got a hot blonde stalker."
"eep!"
"Yeah asia! Should I start locking my doors?"
"Help!"
The friends laughed at her redfaced embarrassment and Tyler patted her fondly.
"You're sweet."
"Thanks! Oh. who's turn?"
The friends laughed at that as the game progressed. Tyler and Rias sank deep into their strategies until it ended with them down to just their kings. Tyler and Rias smiled as they looked at the draw.
"A draw."
"We'll call it here."
"I'll win next time."
Akeno, Belfast and Asia blinked at the in unison declaration the pair made and Akeno whistled.
"Scary spark there."
Belfast nodded with a smile.
"But a MOST potent one indeed."
Tyler smiled as Jerial came over with a wheeled trolley leading a long line of other similarly encumbered ladies.
"We'll fight this war later Rias."
The redhead nodded gravely and the board was returned to a slot on the table.
"We will, indeed."
The teenager helped jerial set their table, much to her embarrassment and the ladies approval, before they fed well on good meat and fine drinks. Tyler had his Status Plate open as he fed and Asia smiled as she saw.
"So you're a Slayer?"
"I guess. You?"
"I got Healing Priestess. I'm a healer."
"MAkes sense. Twilight Healing still a thing?"
"Yup! Kinda cool having a fan."
"Ha. everyone's a fan of a sweethearted hot blonde, asia."
She blushed at that with a smile.
"Yup! ME too!"
"Atta girl. OH."
His eyes flashed and Rias smirked.
"What clicked?"
"Mylissia forgot to explain how parties work."
They blinked at that. Rias frowned as she sipped soem tea.
"She did. We shall ask her in the morning."
"I'll try to remember as well. hey, Issei, what'd you get for a proficency?"
The guy smirked as he slurped his drink QUITELY loudly.
"I got Harem King."
"Okay. No for real?"
Ris sighed.
"He got Pleasurer. And the ability is Enhanced Stroke. A jerk enhancer."
Tyler whistled.
"Wow. That's MORE then a little concerning."
Issei smirked as he tore into some steak...and got grease and sauce everywhere.
"Mad I'll get laid a lot and YOU won't?"
"If you get ANYTHING on my jacket you disgusting fuck I will BEAT you within an inch of your life. DO we understand each other?"
Issei merely smirked as he slurped again and Asia looked at the taller American curiously.
"Your jacket's battered though, Tyler."
He smiled.
"My grandmother bought it for me before she died Asia. It was the last thing she ever gave me."
The kindhearted blonde hugged him.
"I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure she's happy now."
"Or ROYALLY bored. She was still a firecracker well into her nineties."
Belfast had a sympathizing look on her face as she looked at him.
"What was her fate, if you don't mind my asking?"
"I don't mind Belfast. She was 99 and her heart just let go. She went in her sleep and when they found her, her hands were clasped in the middle finger taunt."
Akeno chuckled.
"A VERY fiery old lady."
"Oh yeah. She was a tough old bat in her day too. former marine."
Rias whistled.
"Ain't no such thing as former."
"Damn straight. I try to take care a the jacket best I can. Thing's close to 17 years old now."
That made them smile and Issei merely gorged on the food around him. A few hours later the food was devoured and Tyler had to fight a heavy yawn as he finished his tea.
"OOH I am gonna regret this later."
Asia had an adorable bump on her belly from her own gorging as she groaned.
"OOOh me too! Owwie."
He patted her.
"USe healing on your belly."
"It doesn't work like that! I tried!"
"Well that sucks. Lay naked on your back on a cool bed. Does wonders for me."
She smiled at the idea as Issei let out a MASSIVE belch over his own bulging gut. Tyler and Belfast just looked at the classless idiot in disgust as Rias and Akeno sighed in irritation. Jerial appeared with a smile.
"My lord, your chambers are ready."
"Thanks Jerial."
Tyler got up and noticed something. The places he, Asia, Belfast, Akeno and Rias had been sitting were nearly pristine without any sign of crumbs or mess. ISSEI'S was nearly brown from the spills and covered in crumbs and other such mess. Tyler looked at Rias with a lifted eyebrow and she sighed, unable to meet his questioning eyes.
"I know."
"WOW."
And with that he followed his Sea Wraith maid out of the hall. Jerial grimaced once the doors were shut.
"That BOY is DISGUSTING. We have to clean that!"
"His Proficency is Pleasurer."
"I will spread that warning throughout the palace, Tyler. I thank you for that from the BOTTOM of my heart."
"They got a rep?"
"As amazing pracitioners of the sexual arts and unmatched lust. But. from THAT DISPLAY? We will NEVER allow him at our bodies. He unsettles me."
"Happy to help."
The duo climbed the stairs of the palace for a few floors until they reached the proper floor and Jerial led him to a round door where a key was gifted.
"You loose it it's 50 gold for a new one."
"Oi! I have NEVER lost a key!"
"That you did not find?"
"exactly!"
She laughed at the offense and he opened the door. She walked in with him to give the grand tour. The room was rather large with a four poster bed against a wall. The thing big enough for ten people easily. The walls were a warm white while wall lamps added a layer of extra warmth to the area. On the opposite wall of the bed was a full wardrobe closet with desk beside it. A window looked out over the city on the open wall and Tyler smiled at the night view. Jerial smiled as she opened a second door inside the room.
"This is your in room bath, Tyler. I HIGHLY suggest you use it."
"THAT bad?"
"No. The scent of your body is QUITE lovely. It is the proximity to the OTHER boy that is the concern."
"Phew. Had me worried there. I have no sense a smell. Hometown's a milltown."
"Ah. restore."
He glowed from the spell and whistled as his lungs were felt to open up, his sight become clearer, his earing sharper and the ever present ringing disappate, and even the air felt better.
"Thanks Jerial."
The maid smiled warmly as she lowered her glowing hand.
"It is a pleasure to aid you, Tyler."
He walked into the bathroom and smiled at the inground setup and the masses of supplies on the far wall. Jerial walked in with a blush.
"Do tou wish aid, Tyler?"
"I can handle this much if you like?"
She blushed deeper.
"I would prefer it. If only to prevent rumor."
He patted her.
"I just needed to know your preference. Thanks Jerial."
"If you seek aid, Tyler, merely ring the bell on your desk."
"I'll be sure to bother you a lot."
"NOW I have worry."
The door was shut and the hero stripped before getting into the hot water with a groan.
"OOOOh this feels GOOD!"
The door opened and the sound of Belfast's warm voice was heard before the door shut and her foot steps were heard. Tyler tapped on the wall.
"I'm in the bath, Belfast."
The lady's muffled voice was heard beside him.
"I see we shall have to share. A discussion when you are fresh."
"I'll be out in a bit."
He gave himself a VERY thorough cleaning with numerous rinsing and redos and a fresh shave that removed years from his face. When he came up he felt YEARS better and chuckled at the feeling.
"I feel YEARS better, and I'm only 15. THAT is NOT a good sign."
The water glowed a deep red before going crystal clear again as he got dressed in a RIDICOLOUSLY soft robe of blue. His clothes he tossed into a bin that said magical washer and walked out to see Belfast waiting for her turn.
"Thing magically cycles."
"Do NOT peek."
"I don't I promise."
She smiled at that fervent oath and went in. Tyler walked around the room where he found a two cushion loveseat by the window he sat on. The robe feeling weird to wear but he found he liked it as he looked out over the night clad city. The door opened again and Rias walked in then with her own maid. Tyler blinked at this surprise and smiled as well.
"Well. Alright. Belfast is in the bath. Sooo your own risk."
Rias smiled as she closed the door.
"We'll need to lay some rules."
"I get it. Once we're done training don't worry about it. I'll probably take off and do some exploring or something."
He shrugged and looked out at the city as Rias went into the bath with Belfast. The teenager smiled as the door shut.
"My roommates are Rias Gremory and Belfast. THAT is such an awesome feeling. It'll be nice not having to worry about my roommates for once."
He laid flat on the loveseat and found he had plenty of room to stretch out and did so. The robe opening around his chest and smiled at the feeling.
"And I don't think I'll get used to being some kinda lord. Weird."
The bathroom door opened and the refreshed ladies walked out in their own robes. Rias' hair was glowing a deep crimson in the lamplight along with Belfast's silver tresses. Tyler smiled at the colors.
"THAT is an epic color scheme ladies."
They smiled at that as they sat on the loveseat with him. Rias smirked.
"Now then. Since we now live together, some GROUND RULES."
Belfast nodded.
"Knock before entering, Dear. Just for politeness sake."
Tyler nodded.
"Sure. I DO NOT peek."
Rias nodded.
"You didn't even move. Next. We'll share the bed. Belfast between us to prevent....complications."
"I get it."
Belfast smiled.
"She sleeps bare. Do NOT be uncouth about it."
"I sleep without a shirt on or less. So same."
"Do NOT abuse it."
"I won't."
Rias nodded as she got comfy.
"and we'll share the chores. No favorites."
Tyler and Belfast nodded and the teenager smiled.
"would you like your massage Rias?"
"YES PLEASE!"
"Dear."
Belfast's ice cold voice made them laugh and Tyler smiled at her.
"Want one too, Belfast?"
She smiled.
"I would love one. Towel please."
"Of course. Rias?"
"I'm fine. You've already seen everything so."
She shrugged and he hung her robe on a peg on the bed and laid on her belly on the bed as Tyler got up beside her. She smiled over her shoulder at him as he cracked his knuckles.
"If you SUCK, or it HURTS, you sleep outside."
"Deal."
He started rubbing her back and she groaned as tension left her spine.
"OOOOH that feels good."
"Damn Rias. you okay?"
She blinked at the question as Belfast watched his hands with an eagles intensity.
"Um, I feel great?"
"I guess you're just a warm one then. Was worried you had a fever or somethin."
She smiled as it clicked.
"I'm a devil from hell. Our body temperatures are higher as a rule because of it."
"Neat trick."
He worked her back over for a bit before moving lower and she smiled.
"Avoid the ass and between the lrgs please."
"Sure thing, Rias."
He moved to her legs and groaned as he twisted them, getting large clicks that made her moan at the relief.
"OOOH DAMN dude!"
"ha."
He let her foot go and smiled.
"Would you like your front done?"
"Belfast? Could you pass me a towel please?"
"Certainly."
Rias placed the white towel over her slit as she rolled over and he smiled at her massive breasts as they bounced.
"You don't get to see everything."
"Sure thing."
He got to work on her arms as she relaxed.
"NO boobs."
"Deal. wings?"
"HA."
He left her a marshmellow and passed her robe back afterwards.
"I feel great Tyler. Thanks."
"Sure. Just ask an I'd be happy to give you another."
"OOOH I'll be sure to."
He looked at Belfast.
"Your turn."
The silver haired lady smiled as she laid on the bed with her robe removed. The towel was placed over her rear and Tyler got to work on her back. Rias sat on the loveseat with a smile as the sexy maid was massged into a marshmellow as well. Tyler smiled as he sat by the relaxed ladies on the loveseat and Belfast smiled.
"Thank you, Tyler. I feel better."
"Happy to help, Belfast."
He yawned again and the ladies smirked.
"NO stunts in the bed."
"Same to you."
"Hey."
He got the lamp as Rias got into the bed with Belfast before the teenager took his spot on the far side of the thing away from them. He set his robe on the post of the bed and laid in the soft comforter....and groaned like he was in pain.
"OOOh this thing hurts."
Belfast looked at him in concern as he laid on his back in CLEAR pain.
"Are you hurt?"
"Yeah just my back. I'm used to a bed that's half the size a that loveseat. OOoh this hurts. I like it though."
Rias whistled from Belfast's other side.
"That sucks. I can try to crack it for you if you like?"
"I will definitely take you up on that one, Rias. Thanks."
She smiled as he rolled on his belly.
"Sure. I don't just take stuff from people."
She straddled his spine and pressed into his back....and a mass of cracks went down his spine along with a regression of the odd soreness from actually comfy bed and he groaned so hard it was a LITTLE disturbing.
"OOOOOH that felt good."
Rias smiled as she got off him.
"Damn. i FELT that."
"Thanks Rias. That felt WEIRD but DAMN."
"Sure. NEVER mention a WORD, but sure."
He smiled as he laid on his back and settled.
"Night Rias, Night Belfast."
"Good night, Tyler."
"Good night dears."


Tyler was runnign along the hallway of an old house panting raggedly as a group of people gave chase. The fleeing boy ran for all he was worth through yards, streets, through a few houses, and even vaulting cars as they stopped in the street as tears of desperation streamed down his face. Behind him a were a pack of older boys all braying for his blood as the 9 year old ran. He ran down a battered street and turned a corner in an attempt to lose his pursuers only to find himself in a dead end alley. Tyler ran headlong into the wall with enough force he bounced off and nearly knocked himself unconscious. Blood poured from a broekn nose but he forced himself to his feet to try and run again when he was grabbed by another person.
"GOTCHYA RUNT!"
"Get his pants Brad!"
"We're gonna have some fun with you, you little shit!"
"freak!"
Tyler was screaming for help as tears of terror ran down his face as his clothes were cut off by the cruel older boys and then he was shoved face first into the wall as the sound of belt buckles were heard and the breath of Brad was heard on his ear as something poked him below the belt.
"I hope you SQUEAL!"
Brad pulled back to thrust-
Tyler surged bolt upright in his royal chambers covered in ice cold sweat and panting raggedly as if he had just been running for his ass's life. His eyes had a frantic light in their depths framed by cold determination as they usually were. He let out a huge breath as he relaxed and shivered from the memories.
"Jesus. I haven't THAT dream in a few years. Uuugh fuck this shit."
He looked over and saw Rias and Belfast were still asleep and were even cuddled in each other's arms like lovers. He smiled at that sight as he laid back down and looked at the ceiling of the bed.
"UUgh. Fuck that guy."



ALRIGHT LET'S GET THIS SHITSHOW GOING.
DAY 2.
TUESDAY.
GOLD: 2,000.



Tyler woke a few hours later feeling surprisingly well rested and fresh. He opened his eyes to see the slumbering face of a beautiful girl with silver hair beside him in a large and unfairly comfy bed. He blinked at this apparition and the realized his arms were firmly wrapped around her back and his face was pressed into her collar bone like a child seeking comfort in their mother. His grip on the lady had a near desperate feel to it and he smiled as the memory returned.
"Sorry about that, Belfast."
She smiled as her kindly shining blue eye opened.
"It is quite alright dear. I was wakened you see."
He blinked.
"Oh."
She looked him in the eye with a warm kindness as he sighed.
"I am here."
He smiled at the offer.
"Thanks Belfast. I mean it. YOU TOO Rias."
The redhead chuckled as she rolled over from where she'd been faking to be asleep to look over Belfast's shoulder.
"I'm here too."
He smiled at that before he sighed.
"Life's not been fun. And people are cruel in my hometown. With a SERIOUS crime rate i think I told you about Rias."
"You did."
"Well. Before I was the brickwall you see before you, I was the runt of the litter and was treated as such for years. Some involving alleys. and no pants. And various fleshy objects. YOU do the math."
Belfast had a look of horror at this and Rias had a grim one.
"Say it."
"I've been raped no fewer then thirty times, in thirty differen places, but 30 different people."
He was grabbed in an immense hug from the heartbroken ladies and he smiled as he held them.
"I'm okay. Really. All it is nightmares now. I got over it."
Belfast smiled at that as she looked at him.
"Are you haunted?"
"YES but not by that. I....made some mistakes and got some people killed I cared about. THOSE still hurt. So I try not to talk about it much."
Rias smiled at this.
"Kyba?"
"Kinda. More stupid ideas a mine that ended VERY badly."
"We'll help."
"Thanks Rias, Belfast. Sorry for waking you."
The silver haired lady smiled.
"LAdy Enterprise had nightmares too. I understand. How frequent are they?"
"Oddly enough that was the first one in what? 2 full years? Sounds about right."
He sat up with a stretch.
"My world's a mess and my hometown's a hellhole. I appreciate the help ladies."
Rias smiled at that and then smirked.
"LOOK AWAY."
He got his own robe as the ladies went into the bath. Tyler amused himself by doing some minor morning exercises as the ladies came out. Belfast smiled as she saw him get off the floor.
"I see you do take care."
"I TRY to at least. Main problem is I like food."
He went into the bath for a deep cleaning of his own before he got dressed in his refreshed gear. He walked out and smiled at the waiting ladies.
"I'd like it if you FORGOT this morning happened OUTSIDE this room please."
They nodded vehmently.
"I will NEVER breathe a word."
"What Belfast said. Have it said."
Tyler smiled at that and they headed out of the room. The hallway brightly lit up by the early mornign sunlight and Tyler yawned hard as he walked. Rias smiled.
"Mornings suck."
"Koneko agrees."
He chuckled at that as he noted the floors here were white marble and the walls were lined by suits of armor holding swords. He saw them and looked away with a slight shiver. Belfast saw this.
"They unnerve you?"
"Does the term videogame mean anything to you, Belfast?"
"It does. Unicorn is quite fond of them."
"Okay. That girl is WAAAAY too damn cute. There. I said it. I played a horror game and I got killed by one a them things....as it raped my character to death. Yeeeah that was a fucked up week."
They shuddered and Rias looked at him.
"Hentai game?"
"No actually. Silent Hill."
"Err."
"Yeah that guy is....ah...DIFFERENT."
"CLEARLY."
The trio walked into the dining hall and Tyler smiled as he saw Asia and Akeno sitting by the same fireplace. The teenager walked over and Asia was all glow as he sat beside her.
"Morning!"
"Morning Glowball."
"GLOWBALL?"
"What? You're always glowing Asia."
She pouted at the pet name and Akeno chuckled.
"She is too cute sometimes."
"Morning Akeno."
"Morning. Sleep well?"
"TOO well."
"Need a jolt?"
"Oh I'd LOVE to feel YOUR electrifying touch Akeno!"
she smiled at that one.
"Just....MAYBE."
He smiled at his friend as Rias smirked and dragged the chessboard over with a long finger.
"REMATCH."
Tyler smirked as his eyes lit up.
"Oh it is ON."
Akeno smirked and looked at Belfast as the pieces were set.
"Looks like it just got complicated!"
"Indeed it does."
Asia was humming a tune as she watched the two strategists go to war. Jerial came over with breakfast for the group and smiled at the tension as the war was waged.
"I will have a board brought up, My Lord."
"Thanks Jerial. GOTCHYA. Been after that rook for fifteen minutes now."
Rias smiled as the game AGAIN went to a king to king stalemate.
"I haven't been this outmatched on the board in some time. I like it."
"ME too."
The board was put up and the platters of food laid out again. Tyler grabbed a cup of high output coffee and drank deep.
"OOOH MUCH better. Ugh. I hate mornings."
The girls chuckled at that one as they had breakfast together.
"Mornin President!"
Issei came swaggering up and plopped in the seat beside the redhead. The green eyed guy was quick to snuggle the redhead's massive rack with his face as he hugged her before he got a plate of bacon and eggs for himself. Asia looked at Tyler curiously.
"Hey Tyler, you got bags under your eyes."
"Oh I'm fine, Asia. My dreams can be a LITTTTLE exhausting. I can lucid dream you see."
"OOOH cool."
"Yeah. Except for the ones where I go skydiving. Oh. Fair warning? THOSE ones? I LITERALLY jump out of the bed. Sooo yeah."
Akeno chuckled.
"Now that's something I'd pay to see."
He snorted.
"Yeah. Ya say that now. THEN I scare the crap outta you when it happens, and the damned bed JUMPED with it. I weigh 240 pounds Akeno. and it's all deadweight in those. freaks me the FUCK out."
She chuckled and Rias smirked.
"Watch where you land."
"NO promises."
The friends had a good breakfast as Issei again made a pig of himself and a mess of everything. Tyler and the ladies left the idiot to his mess and Asia stretched hard.
"Ahhh! I feel better!"
She got a fond pat from the taller teenager and she smiled.
"You're nice!"
"Thanks Asia."
She glowed again and Rias just smiled.
"That girl. I swear she could make friends with a ghost."
"Asia the friendly blonde."
"Yup! That's me!"
Belfast smiled.
"Now I wish to introduce her to Unicorn."
"You do we'd lose em both, Belfast."
"Most definitely."
The friends walked into the throneroom and Tyler smiled as he walked to Seria's throne.
"Morning MY Princess."
She sighed happily.
"Morning MY hero! You're getting to work today right?"
MYlissia smiled.
"They are starting their training today, Seria."
"YAy! I get to watch!"
Tyler chuckled then looked at the Queen.
"I forgot to ask yesterday."
The queen smiled.
"Go on."
"Will we be required to party up after our training?"
"Ah. I forgot as well. You may choose to travel alone or in groups. It is entirely up to you."
"Thanks Mylissia."
She smiled.
"Now I have a question."
"Whatever it was I had nothing to do with it I swear."
They laughed at that fervent plea. MYlissia chuckled.
"Amusing but not it. I understand you passed a warning along to Jerial about a Pleasurer Proficency."
"Ah. I did."
She looked him in the eye intensely now.
"What do you know about this boy, Tyler? And WHY did you feel the need to WARN my maids about him?"
Tyler looked at Rias and she nodded. Mylissia saw this and the teenager explained.
"He's Rias' boyfriend, Mylissia. And my GOD is that guy giving off red flags. Plus the fact he made a mess at the table."
"YOU are NOT telling me everything. Speak."
Rias sighed now.
"Issei is.....a bit of an addict. And has a problem listening when people tell him no."
Tyler looked at her.
"Want me to do it, Rias? I know m uch as you do."
She smiled gratefully.
"I'd appreciate it, Tyler. Thanks."
The teenager walked up to the queen and leaned in her ear.
"I don't knpw if he still has them. But he created two spells in his world. They'll give you an idea of he is all about."
The queen nodded.
"Do NOT omit a word."
"The first is called Dressbreak. He pokes a lady anywhere on her body and snaps his fingers. POOF. ALL your clothes explode off your body and you're left naked."
The queen had a look of outrage at this.
"And the SECOND?"
"Boobyingual. He leers at your boobs and can read your mind."
"OH by RICHTOR that is PUTRID! WHY is she WITH him?"
"It's NOT her fault. Does the term dragon emperor mean anything to you?"
"It does not. But it DOES sound fearsome."
"In his world. Issei was possessed by the Red Dragon Emperor Drake. BAsically he can double power infinitely. It's also known as the boosted gear. Are you with me so far?"
"I am."
"Now. When someone is possessed by Drake, their soul becomes like a lure. The wielders of the boosted gear is aways surrounded by lusty, beautiful woman due to this lure effect. And even if you HATE the guy, the geart works on the subconscious level. Oh, that kinda brave I guess. Eehh alright I'll give em that. Funny. Oh wow. Better lookin an I thought. Yeah. It manipulated you into falling in love."
Mylissia looked RIGHT at her daughter in concern now and Rias smiled.
"The gear got a MASSIVE reduction in it's effects when we entered the world, Mylissia. I am currently asking myself a few questions because of it too. The lure is no more."
Tyler stepped back.
"And the more important piece? Issei peeps on them all the freakin time and they tell him NOT even more. Well. My worry is how can we expect him tio listen when the time comes and it hurts?"
The queen nodded gravely as he stepped back to the ladies.
"I rule the warning needed indeed. I asked for I do not tolerate unfounded slander or debasement. THIS one IS founded and WARRENTED. A tracker will be placed. Tyler, I thank you for watching over my servants as I should."
"Sure. Jerial's a good friend a mine. I look after my own."
The queen and the princess smiled approvingly.
"I approve."
Tyler then smirked and looked at Akeno.
"Don't you dare."
Mylissia smirked dangerously.
"Tyler."
"She's a Thunder Priestess. So, SPARKLES!"
Akeno slugged him again with a smile as Seria busted up laughing. Mylissia sighed with a smile as Tyler rubbed his jaw.
"It is so fun to fuck with you Akeno."
"OOOh you're an idiot. Funny though."
"Ya got one helluva right on ya."
"Thank you. I work at it."
"Yeah. Being Rias' right hand is VERY tiring isn't it?"
Akeno laughed at the mulitlayered nudge as Rias smirked.
"I know where you sleep you bastard."
"Ha."
Asia got a pat and smiled at the affection. Seria saw this and smiled.
"She's cute."
"She's Asia."
The praise from the princess made the happy blonde blush shyly and shuffle her feet. The rest of the heroes came up now with a few still yawning and Tyler smiled as he looked at the princess. Se smiled as well with a slight blush before the teenager smirked and she gulped.
"Tyler?"
"Oh just an idea."
"Heeey! Now I'm scared!"
"Need a hug?"
"ABSOLUTELY!"
He walked up and hugged the glowing princess and she squeaked as he enveloped her slender frame.
"Oh my. You're warm!"
"You're sweet."
Mylissia smirked as he stroked her daughter back around the backless portion of her gown.
"Tyler. WATCH IT IN THE THRONE ROOM."
"Thanks for the permission!"
"Hey."
Seria smiled with a blush at the implications as he let her go.
"Um."
"You're fine."
"Phew.
Tyler stood back by Rias and the redhead chuckled as he reached her.
"Well played."
"I got a few ways."
Belfast smiled knowingly as she noted the chuckles on the faces of the court ladies.
"You play their game very well, Tyler."
"Actually? I'm not. And they know it. They've been looking for falsity since I walked in the door. NONE to be found."
Rias nodded sagely.
"And since you're so geninue, it merely makes your suit for the princess seem that much more."
Once the heroes were situated in front of the throne Mylissia smiled.
"Today you will meet your trainer and begin said training. Her methods are her own. But know the fate of humanity itself rests on your shoulders."
A sound of clanking armor was heard and they looked to see a slender woman with vivid pink hair and blazing blue eyes striding towards them. She was a head shorter then Tyler with a very lithe figure and large bust on her narrow chest. She had several scars on her face and around her neck while her hair was tied in a neat ponytail. Her skin was tanned too. The lady's armor was brightly polished and silvery in color while on her breast was a golden emblem. On her back was an immense greatsword that Tyler smirked at as the intimidating woman took a stance before them. Her voice a firm bark.
"I am Victoria Dragonslayer. Captain of the royal knights and YOUR trainer now. Let's move people we gotta lotta work to do."
Tyler chuckled as he looked ar Rias while they followed the knight captain.
"THIS si gonna be interesting."
The redhead chuckled.
"VERY."
The taller teenager looked at the knight curiously now and Victoria smirked over her shoulder at him.
"Future prince or not, I WILL beat you into shape."
"HA. Oh this is gonna be fun. Slayer?"
"Slayer. Her too. There's a couple Slayers among the heroes. Be amusing to see who actually has skill."
Tyler smirked at that.
"A fair few might surprise you."
"I can see it in their eyes. We got rookies AND veterans of the battlefield here. A relief to be sure."
The group left the palace and Victoria nodded.
"Forward JOG! EVERYMORNING you WILL run the distance to the Coliseium! THERE yuo will be given a set of proper adventurer attire! Keep up or be on DOUBLE GUARD DUTY! MAGGOTS....MOVE OUT!"
Tyler just smiled as ne, Rias, Akeno, Belfast and Asia took off at a light trot.
"That is such a classic it's not even funny."
The redhead chuckled as they set the pace for the rest of the pack.
"NOW I knpw what boot camp feels like."
Victoria appeared beside them also trotting and she smirked as she saw them still breathing lightly.
"Is this too easy maggots?"
Tyler noted she was breathing lightly too.
"Not yet."
"GOOD ANSWER. GET going."
Belfast smiled but said nothing as they went through the city. Tyler noting people just getting out of their way on sight as the pack of Heroes jogged by and Victoria explained between breaths.
"Guards, soldiers, and knights in training get the right of way as a matter of honor and due respect."
Tyler smiled at that.
"Makes sense. So hwo bad is it at the front Victoria?"
"CAPTAIN Victoria to YOU maggot."
He looked at her.
"I call the QUEEN by first name. YOU will NOT get ANY special treatment from me, Victoria. ACCEPT THAT and GET over it."
The knight captain smirked at that coldness.
"You got ice in your soul recruit. Not bad. And I see respect for YOU is EARNED."
"I just met you."
"YOU remind me of a younger me. To answer your question? We just lost another battle last night."
"Hmm."
He looked at Rias.
"DON'T expect us to get a lot a training in."
The redhead nodded as they crossed a bridge.
"I am not. Only a question of the catalyst."
"MY bet is the Draken made a summon of their own. The world doesn't do imbalance like that. One side getting overpowered heroes and the other not? Sorry that's just not it works."
Belfast frowned.
"What is our course then?"
"Caution. we need to figure out just WHAT the hell we're dealing with. Time being, we get good at this."
Victoria nodded approvingly at the discussion as the coliseium rose up before them.
"Good. You trust your comrades. That is PARAMOUNT for any fighting force. Now WHO is the LEADER here?"
Rias smirked at that one and Tyler looked at her.
"I'll be second?"
The redhead smiled warmly.
"Appreciated. But this is a world I do not know. We'll wait to pick a leader for the time being."
"OOOH smart. Asia stays in the center a the pocket period."
"Absolutely."
"Oh! Asia."
"What's up?"
"YOU stack defensive abilities. Make yourself a healer defense mage. EVERYONE prioitize DEFENSE over OFFENSE."
Akeno smiled widely.
"Oh Rias imagine how that raiding game would have gone with HIM on the board?"
"I can only imagine Akeno."
The front runners reached the sandy floor of the coliseum and Victoria led them to a line of racks as the friends regained breath. The knight commander nodded as the first group gathered.
"YOU are the vanguard of your party. So get first pick of your equipment. Clothes are there."
Belfast noted a lack of stalls and Victoria smirked.
"You're a SOLDIER. Get over yourself."
That made the lady sigh and Tyler smiled.
"Gotchya covered, Belfast."
The ladies looked at him curiously as he walked to the racks of weaponry and took a set of long pikes, a pile of wallshield, and walked to a spot by the clothing racks. He built a Teepee shape big enough for four inside and laid the shields atop it until it was completely covered. Victoria smirked and went know knock it over....only for a greatsword to slam into the sand at her foot.
"NOPE. Sorry. THEIR diginity is worth more to ME then YOUR life."
That made the captain nod approvingly as Tyler lifted the 6 foot weapon with one hand as Asia, Akeno, Rias, and Belfast went into the changing teepee first.
"Ice and fire. Good. And you know how to improvise. Good."
Belfast came out first wither maid outfit neatly folded in her arms. she having opted for tight fitting leather pants and a light tunic top while she wore boots on her feet. She took a backpack to store her maid outfit as Asia came out. She having picked a white priestess' habit with blue trim and sandles. Tyler smiled as he patted her.
"Asia the cute nun."
"Yup!"
Rias came out in a tight pair of pants with a white buttoned up shirt without sleeves while on her hands were a pair of fingerless gloves. Akeno came out in a red and white priestess robe with a blood red skirt and white top. Tyler smiled as the next set of girls went into the teepee.
"Wow. alright. MY turn."
He went to the racks and picked out a few things before he went to a spot in the sand and tossed his clothes into a waiting backpack. Asia gasped as she saw his back.
"what happened Tyler?"
He smiled as a set of long scars were seen on his back.
"My hometown's a northern forest town, Asia. i got attacked by a cougar no one knew was loose in town."
"wow."
"Yup."
He pulled a tight fitting tanktop on over his belly before an open front vest was added. He then pulled the better quality denim jeans on with a wolf head belt buckle. On his feet were a pair of black boots and Victoria smirked as she saw his attire.
"Ya got a FAT belly there, recruit."
"Yeah that'll vanish soon enough."
"Ha. Now pick your weapons."
Tyler took the greatsword he'd stuck in the dirt and held it out with one hand to feel the weight and the balance. He then hung it on his back and smiled as it stayed there. Then he went to the rack for armour and took a vest of chainmail he then placed under his shirt and when he pulled the thing down he didn't look like he was armoured at all. Which made Victoria smirk.
"Clever."
Next he took a shirt of scalemail and placed it over his shirt and hung the vest over the thing. He did a few movements before he nodded.
"Alright then."
Victoria frowned at this setup.
"That's clever. TWO shirts of mail to get through. Huh."
Tyler took a pair of spiked and armoured gloves without fingers and pulled them on along with knee guards, shoulder guards, shin guards, and some elbow guards as well. the result making him seem like he was some idiot then an adventurer. Which made the knight captain smirked approvingly.
"ALL your vital points are heavily protected right from the start. and yet? It's a DARE. I like it."
Tyler chuckled as he strapped a set of daggers across his chest to add further defenses.
"I do defense well"
The girls also found vests to fit them AND their impressive busts. Tyler smiled as he hefted the greatsword now. It was 6 feet long with a 12 inch wide blade that shimmered along it's length and a needle-like tip. The weapon had two edges and twin hilts. Tyler did a swing with the hulkign weapon and nodded approvingly at the heavy wooshing sound and the weight.
"NAsty."
Rias whistled as she saw him hefting the immense sword.
"SCARY. And SEXY."
"Happy to impress you."
She smiled at that as the next batch of runners came in and they got glared at by Victoria.
"YOU are MIDDLE RANK. GET changed."
Tyler looked at the offerings for weapons with a tilted head when he spotted a 5 foot lance with a two foot head. The teenager walked over to the weapon and took it down with a thoughtful expression as he struck a stance with the long weapon. Then he spotted a round shield on a peg and took it down too. He hefted the shield with the lance at the ready and Akeno blinked.
"Spartans?"
"I know how to fight like them."
"Huh."
Victoria smirked as he took the next set.
"You're gonna weigh yourself down kid."
"Alls I need now is a bow and quiver."
"A tool for every scenario. Good."
Tyler took one of the yew bows and quivers of arrows as the shield collasped magically to the size of a coin he pressed into the top of his hand. The spear folded up into a mere one foot rod he slotted on his hip while the bow was in easy reach on his back. Happy with his loadout he went to where rias and the girls were standing. The redhead having selected a staff tipped by a ruby to buff her powerful fire spell while Asia had a diamond tipped one for her healing. Belfast had a trident with a sapphire in the head and Akeno a topaz tipped staff. Rias threw another wolf whistle as the heavily armed teenager approached.
"DAMN DUDE. Make is WORK."
"Ha. You make it work too."
Rias smiled at that as the first and second group of heroes settled to wait for the stragglers. Who arrived two hours later. Tyler looked at the group of ten with a lifted eyebrow as most staggered into the coliseum and noted Issei was among them. Victoria glared at the layabouts balefully.
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? A wee jog is enough to LAY you idiots out on the DIRT and YOU'RE supposed to be HEROES? ON YOUR FEET maggots! NOW!"
The panting idiots were dragged to their feet as the knight captain went off on them like an angry banshee. Tyler looked at Rias and she smiled.
"I'm okay. The curse was broken when we got here. One of the reasons he irritates me now."
"NO residue?"
"Well."
"Ah."
Belfast smiled as she too understood.
"We're here for you Dear."
Tyler patted her on the back. Rias smiled at the reassurance as Victoria finished her tirade. The knight captain took a spot in front of them now.
"Alright MAGGOTS. You will be given your first test RIGHT NOW."
A line of armoured knights walked into the arena and the formerly empty stands started filling with civilians come to watch the heroes' training. Tyler smiled as he spotted Seria's blue tresses in the royal box near them and he waved his greatsword at her in greeting. She smiled prettily and waved daintily back. Belfast smiled as the public started chattering at the romance of the beloved princess.
"Very well played."
A mountain of a man approached the teenager with a similar length greatsword and Tyler whistled as he had to tip his head back to look him in the eye.
"Wow. Been a long time since I felt short."
The man sneered nastily.
"Och laddee, ya got a fair bit a braw beauties there now don'tchya? I'll be SURE to enjoy their bodies-ARRRRGH!"
Tyler tore the greatsword from the now dead man's shoulder with a vicious downward swing that SPLIT the man clean in half. The warrior stood tall as the arena went dead silent at the sudden murder and his eyes were ice cold as he swung the blood off the weapon.
"NEVER dare threaten my friends to my FACE. Or you will be DEAD before you hit the ground. DO I make myself clear?"
Victoria smirked at the kill.
"Impress-'
"I SAID DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR BITCH?!"
Only for the warrior to round on HER in a FURY. The knight captain was taken aback by the now roiling rage inside the warrior's eyes waiting for the slightest poke to be unleashed. She nodded without taking her eyes off the berserker.
"We're clear."
"GOOD. ONLY warning."
He swung his sword onto his back and Rias smirked.
"Nicely done."
"Yeah I don't fuck around with stuff like that, Rias. it's not worth the risk of WHAT IF so I'll just kill you if you start talkin like that an call it good."
Belfast smiled.
"I appreciate the defense."
"I gotchyer backs."
The warrior then looked at Victoria as she approached him with a longsword and shield.
"Let's see how you do against ME, Blooded."
Tyler hefted his greatsword in both hands as the purple haired knight commander took a stance with the shield covering her feet and the tip of her sword. Tyler smirked as around them other such proovings were underway. Tyler took a step at the captain and she backed up a step. He backed up a step and she took a step...only for the warrior to lunge and full speed from his balanced posture and her to leap back just the same.
"Wow. YOU'RE on edge. You okay?"
Victoria gritted her teeth as Tyler still stood in the place he had been when he lunged.
"Okay that was clever."
"Seem jumpy today, Vicky, you ood?"
A vein bulged on ehr forehead at the pet name.
"Icky VICKY!"
OOOH she LOST IT! The smiling teenager got under her skin and she rushed him with the shield up and the sword ready for the stab. Tyler smirked as he waited till the last second, sidestepped with a pivot, and slammed the flat of the greatsword into the plate on Victoria's back. The shock of the hit making her jump and also returned her to her senses. She smiled widely at the successful defeat as around them victories and defeats were being metted out and won.
"You WILY bastard. And here I thought i was immune to taunts. Most impressive."
"I get inside your head you already lost, Victoria. I ger under your SKIN you're a deadlady."
She nodded approvingly.
"Wily and with strength under that blubber. Good. Rest."
Tyler leaned on a wall as Rias and the girls returned. The redhead smiled.
"I won my match. Not used to being hobbled like this yet but I'll get there."
Asia pouted.
"I LOST. Idiot used a hammer."
Tyler patted her.
"We all start somewhere Asia."
"ALLL better!"
"Cute."
Belfast was rubbing her wrist.
"I too suffered defeat. I am used to far different battles indeed. But I will learn."
Akeno smiled.
"I won. They paired me with a water mage. She regrets it now."
Tyler chuckled as he saw Kirito defeat his opponent with a few well placed slashes and Asuna literally DANCE around hers.
"We got a good crew here. Asuna, us, and Kirito with me as the tip of the spear make a great frontline. We'll work out the rest later."
They nodded as Issei was seen getting knocked unconscious by a lighthearted shot from a fighter. Rias smiled as she looked around.
"Koneko just dropped her opponent with a shot to the balls, Gaspy's struggling."
"He'll be fine, Rias. Guy just needs some practice letting loose."
"Kyba won."
"HE'LL have a FANDOM by the end a the day."
"Ha. RAsweisa won."
"MAkes sense. Xenovia?"
"Hmmm won. Oh. Gaspy lost. Poor guy."
Tyler smiled as Belfast looked around.
"Unicorn? I did not know she was here."
The warrior looked over to where a purple haired girl half a head shorter then Asia was getting tossed to the ground by a tall, kindly smiling lady with a white staff.
"She lost to a light mage. She'll be fine."
"I do hope so. I will see to her later."
"So long as you introduce her to Asia."
"Oh absolutely."
Tyler watched as the rest of the duels ended and Victoria nodded.
"Winners step forward."
Tyler and the rest stepped into view and the knight captain smirked.
"Rookie's Proving. Now then. We need to know how among you is best. You will duel. Do not fear, your weapons are not lethal. They'll still hurt like hell though."
Tyler smirked at this and Rias had a fire in her eyes as she looked at him.
"IT is ON."
The warrior cracked his neck as he pulled his greatsword.
"THIS is gonna be good."
"BEGIN!"
Tyler rushed ASIA first and she squeaked in shock as he poked her in the belly, spun around the trembling blonde, and slashed Akeno across the chest. Then he threw the scrambling girl into Belfast as she tried to bring her long trident to bear but the body of her friend got in the way. Rias had her spell charged but Tyler tossed Asia into her aim and she had no choice but to aim away. He slashed her across the chest and smiled as they all glowed black for losers.
"Sorry. Kinda used to being outnumbered."
They smirked and Asia pouted
"Bully."
He chuckled as he ran to the next batch of fighting heroes. Namely a tall girl with redhair in plate armor dueling with a shorter girl wielding a battleaxe. Tyler slashed through a guy with a longsword, a girl with a katana and an eyepatch, a burly black man wielding a battleaxe and leapt high into the air as the redheaded lady was able to escape the axe of the girl. Tyler smirked as she blocked his sword with her own and a shockwave exploded from the impact.
"ERza scarlett. FOUND YOU."
The redhead smirked and her voice was a firm bell tone.
"Let's dance."
"I'll lead."
Tyler leap back, grabbed the shorter girl by the collar of her shirt as she tried to hit him with her axe and THREW HER at Erza. the redhead blinked at this unorthodox attack and caught her...only for the sword to slash them BOTH.
"I win."
And he was off as the two grumbled at the out witting. Tyler smirked as he spotted his TRUE prey. Kirito who was dancing with his girlfriend Asuna trying to get the upper hand. They were the last three still unbeaten and when the hulking warrior stepped forward Kirito and Asuna smirked.
"Oh this is gonne be good."
"I like this."
Tyler cracked his neck again.
"Let's see what you two got."
Kirito rushed the warrior and Tyler met the twin longswords head ont and locked them against his sword.
"SWITCH!"
"Here!"
Asuna came flying over Kirito's head to stab at the warrior with her rapier. Only for the wily warrior to drop into a deep crouch. She flew over his head to land in a clean stance and try to attack his back. Tyler let his sword go as he leapt aside and Asuna nearly stabbed her boyfriend. They danced awkwardly around each other as Kirito had to disengage his swords from the dropped greatsword only for Tyler's lance to poke them once each. They glowed black and Victoria nodded approvingly as Tyler stood tall.
"Unorthodox attacks, VERY agile movements despite low numbers, understanding EXACTLY how to pick apart your opponent with the LEAST amount of effort in the shortest amount of time, and has a backup plan for when the intial fails. We have your leader. Tyler, I name YOU the leader of the Heroes' Brigade. Choose your second in command and third in command."
The warrior nodded.
"Rias' second and Asuna third. Mina Lindebran over there is forth, and Sakamoto fifth. Asia is leader of the rearguard healers, and Yoshkia is her second. we'll argue out other roles later. Oh. I'll explain how I know your names there too."
Kirito chuckled as the boy in black fistbumped the taller fighter.
"Nice counter."
"You two are kinda easy to read, Kirito. YOU get in their face, and she comes in for the rapid attack. If she MISSES, she tries to pin the opponent between you. Sorry there's a HUGE counter gap there."
Asuna smiled sheepishly.
"when it's pointed out it is. we'll work on it."
"Yeah the better attack? Go for the legs. ALWAYS go for the legs. It'll make the opponent need to MOVE entirely nine times out of ten."
"Clever."
Rias walked over with a smirk.
"YOU fight DIRTY. I like it."
"Ha. No hard feelings Asia?"
The blonde smiled.
"Nope! was kinda cool seeing you kick everybody's ass."
Tyler patted her with a smile as a slender lady with orange eyes and copper colored hair came over in a tight fitting tunic and pants. Her weapon was a longsword while her skin was fair and her bust large in her tunic. Her voice was warn yet hard.
"I am Mina Lindebran. Now how do you know my name?"
Tyler smiled.
"Your story's famous in my world, Mina. And is one of my favorites. The STRIKE WITCHES."
Mina smiled with a minor relief.
"I was worried it was something else. And you played that fight incredibly well. I am fourth in command?"
"Yup. We'll get the chain better situated later as we got more commanders here I want on the same page. Plus we got more roles to divvy as well."
Asuna nodded as she looked at him.
"I'm third in command?"
"Yup. Rias has more experience with magical war, you have more melee experience."
"OOOH. A leader's COUNCIL with YOU holding final say."
"Exactly. I'll be in the vanguard with Kirito, Erza, Koneko, Xenovia, Barkhorn, Kyba and Rasweisa. I'll be in command of the frontline vanguard. Second rank is Belfast, Rias, Akeno, Gasper, YOU Asuna, Mina, and Sakamoto. Asuna is in charge of second rank dancers and spellswords. Third rank is rearguard and is comprised of the healers and more powerful spell casters. Leader is Asia."
He looked at Victoria.
"This is the WINNER'S party. Or the ones that need the LEAST training."
The captain nodded approvingly.
"A VERY well formed party already. Impressive. And we will work on the dynamic. AND your leadership. I will ask this right now. What is more important? The mission...or the team?"
"The team."
everyone blinked at the instant reaction and Victoria frowned.
"Your reason?"
He smiled.
"If we forget the reasons we went to war in the first place, WHY did we BOTHER lifting our swords AT ALL?"
The queen and the captain smiled approvingly at that mindset and the crowds watching nodded as well. Victoria smiled.
"Well said, recruit. Well said. And I completely agree. Now. You rest. Losers....wait."
She frowned.
"YOU named Losers to your winners party, did you not?"
"I did."
"Explain."
"Asia is a pure healer. NO offensive whatsoever. Gasper just needs some practice."
"I see. IS there a seperation between the factions?"
"Nah. Just laying the ground work."
"Ah. I see. Very well."
The second set of duels were set as as the rest all sat on the sand a little further off. Tyler had his leader's circle with him and he crossed his arms.
"We'll get some practice under our belts with the new skillsets and the like before we really get into thngs like roles and shit."
Victoria smirked at that idea.
"My thoughts exactly. Now. The Losers faction will duel while the Winners rest. BEGIN."
Tyler watched as the group of 30 or so Losers went at each other and Rias came over.
"You okay?"
She smiled at that.
"I'm tougher then i look. ASIA is PISSED you used her as a meatshield though."
He chuckled at that dark warning.
"I'll be sure to hug her."
"NOW dammit!"
Rias and her devils laughed at the blonde's angry squeak and Tyler hugged her warmly.
"Better?"
"Hmmm one more."
"Greedy golden haired glowball."
She smiled sweetly.
"Yup!"
Akeno siddled up behind the smugly smiling blonde an d pounced on her for a hug of her own.
"Oh my Asia! You have QUITE the ego on you now!"
"Eep! Help!"
The friends smiled at the scene as Tyler looked to the fight where Issei was dropped to the dirt from a solid shot to the chops. His opponent was a slender yet busty girl that had purple hair. Belfast noted this.
"That is lady Javelin, Tyler."
"She's a cutie too, Belfast."
"She is a very sweethearted girl as well. And a Royal Navy gem."
Tyler smiled at that one as the trident wielding girl walked away from the beaten Issei with a shiver. That made the warrior frown.
"Belfast."
"I shall inquire."
"Yeah. That might be a good idea."
Rias sighed as Issei glowed black.
"Dammit Issei."
Tyler patted her reasurringly and she smiled at this as a shorter boy with blonde hair won his fight against a taller boy with brown hair. The redheaded Rias smiled as she saw this.
"OOh good win Gaspy!"
The duels ended and Victoria nodded as she saw the second set of Losers getting off the sand.
"You maggots will duel like this everyday on top of your other duties. Your Losers duel twice. Your IDIOTS duel THREE times. Are we CLEAR?"
Tyler was looking his greatsword over and the captain saw this.
"YOU. PAY ATTENTION."
He looked at her with sheer amusement in his eyes.
"I'm too cheap."
Seria was heard giggling at the bad joke as Victoria smirked.
"Oh you think you're funny? Alright. DOUBLE TIME BACK TO THE PALACE! ALL OF YOU! THREE CIRCUTS THERE AN BACK! GET MOVING!"
There was a mass groan and Tyler smirked thinly as Rias glared at him.
"Oooh you're THAT kind of piece, aren't you? PERFECT."
The now irritated heroes got running again and Tyler chuckled as he fell in beside Rias.
"Only way some a them'll get strong enough to MATTER, is FORCE it down their throats. Sorry Rias."
The redhead chuckled as she trotted beside him.
"I still hate you for this."
"Be thankful ya got a hookup then."
"Oh I SO am."
"Good. I'll be sure to get Akeno in on this."
Her blue eyes were full of outrage at THAT turnaround!
"I am NOT getting into a competition over spoil with you damn it."
Tyler chuckled at her icy tone as they crossed cobblestone streets.
"I'll take that under advisement."
"you SMUG bastard."
"Yup."
Belfast smiled coyly as she caught up now.
"Now, now, dear. We may yet exact our OWN form of revenge. Let us be sure to not allow such trivial ploys to undo us."
Rias nodded with a smirk now.
"You are absolutely right, Belfast. We will get that smug prick."
Tyler merely chuckled a knowing chuckle.
"well, Rias, let the game begin! Oh. You're already two in the hole."
"Shut up."
"Yes President."
She GLARED at him now and he lauhed at her instant fury.
"I always wanted to do that to you."
"NO."
"Yes Rias."
"BETTER."
"Yes Mistress?"
She smiled now and said nothing else as Belfast had her own fond smile at the banter. Three circuts from the palace to the coliseum later, EVERYONE was on the sand panting. Tyler as well. The encumbered warrior was panting like an overheated dog with sweat dripping off him like bullets while he still had a smile on his face as he forced himself to his feet. Most of the other heroes were also on their feet from will alone and Victoria smirked as she looked at them still breathing lightly.
"we got a long to go Maggots. I HOPE you're prepared to work."
Tyler took in a massive b reath, let it out, and smirked as his breathing returned to normal.
"Alright now what?"
The purple haired knight captain smirked.
"Draw steel and line up for the next bout."
Tyler looked at his weaponry seeking which to use before he shrugged and took his shield and lance. Another line of knights took positions across from the exhausted heroes. Tyler's opponent this time was armed with a longsword and 2 foot round shield. This setup made him tilt his head curiously before he shrugged. The dulling spell was cast and Tyler hefted his shield with the lance to the side as the knight advanced cautiously towards the warrior. Around them bouts were being decided in mere seconds due to the exhaustion of the heroes compared to their fresh trainers. Tyler smirked and the knight mirrored his action. The lancer stopped moving and the knight stopped. He took a step forward, and the knigyt stepped forward as well. That made Tyler chuckle.
"Classic mirror. Alright then."
He lunged then and the knight met him with buckler on lance....only for the wily warrior to DROP the lance on impact and bounce off the force. The knight blinked at this surprise just before the greatsword slammed into his back from a pivoting attack. He dropped and Tyler found he was among a mere handful of victors now. Seria smiled happily as he won again while Victoria chuckled.
"Alright heroes. Next up is using your various skills in combat. On your feet."
Tyler retrieved his lance as a panting Rias came up beside him with determination on her face.
"Do NOT say a WORD."
He looked at her curiously at this dark threat before noting the sand on her ass. She'd lost her second fight. So he patted her,
"Git em next time."
She smiled at this reassurance.
"I will. And we will take a VERY deep cleaning bath later."
"Sure thing Rias."
A set of wooden manniquins were erected as the captain paced along the line.
"These are your targets. I understand some of you do not have combat abilities. In that light, you are to practice your skill on the appropreiate targets they effect."
Tyler blinked at this and looked RIGHT at Issei. The guy in question had a flushed smirk of anticipation on his face at this and Rias sighed inspite of her fading panting.
"Great."
"eh forget em, Rias. He's not our problem."
"I guess. The girls got their warnings so. Okay?"
Tyler smiled at her before he faced his own target as the knight captain stepped in front of him.
"Of note. You Slayer Proficencies. Your abilities can be channeled into either traditional ranged spells or weapon spells. This exercise you are to use the weapon spell varient."
They nodded and Rias pulled her bow since she'd chosen a staff. Tyler hefted his greatsword as the other heroes took positions from their targets. Victoria nodded and the line channeled their skills. Tyler smiled as he felt a chant to trigger his ability appear in his mind.
"behold the azur wrath and perish! DARK SACRALANT!"
His 6 foot blade roared to life with brillant blue flames that matched Seria's hair to perfection, a fact not lost on those in attendance, and the warrior slashed the manniquin from shoulder to hip in a downward cut. The manniquin had no visible results of the vicious attack however. The flames on Tyler's sword went out and as he rose from his resulting stance the wooden manniquin was still uneffected by the powerful swing. All along the line manniquins were either destroyed, burning or some other effect. Yet Tyler's had no visible damage. This made everyone tilt their heads curiously and Tyler walked over very confused.
"I don't THINK I missed......right?"
Victoria was also VERY confused as she came over.
"No you hit that thing cleanly. I saw the target highlight in my vision by way of a spell to make sure you DID hit the thing...and you did."
The pair reached the manniquin and sure enough, there was not a SCRATCH on the oaken wood. Tyler tapped a knuckle on the thing and got a solid clunk for his effort as Victoria held a glowing hand up.
"Okay this isn't making any sense. Like that sword should have at LEAST split the thing in half. Specially with the FORCE I packed into it. Yet I'm not seeing any signs of damage. NOT even a sign the thing had reattached itself from a VERY precise cut."
Victoria frowned suddenly.
"I wonder."
Her purple glowing hand turned golden now as she cast a different detection spell....and whistled.
"Okay that is a little scary. Tyler, the spell worked. You cut that thing clean in half."
He blinked.
"So what the hell did I hit?"
"It's SOUL."
"What?"
The knight captain looked him in the eye.
"You hit the SOUL of the manniquin DIRECTLY. Some spells and skills affect the soul directly and so these manniquins have psuedosouls inside for such practice. Your skill CUT the soul clean in half. So, in other words, armour means nothing to you, skills, tactics, even STONE WALLS mean absolutely NOTHING. That skill ignores EVERYTHING of the physical plane to strike directly into the Astral. These skills are RARE in the EXTREME and are exclusive to the Slayer proficency. I myself do not have such an ability and I have killed dragons. In all of our history, this skill has only manifested TWICE. YOU are the SECOND. The FIRST is renowned as the Demon Bane. The legendary warrior responsible for the defeat of the Archdemon of Wrath millienia ago. Not even a GOD is safe from that style of attack, Tyler."
Tyler pulled his Status Plate and noted the cooldown of the skill.
"I can only use it once a day according to this."
She nodded.
"That is the standard for the Proficency abilities. Train that one well, Tyler, for that ability can kill ANY living creature in a single hit. Provided it is up to the task."
Tyler nodded as he hung his sword on his back.
"I'll be sure to. Now what?"
The captain smirked as she noted the state of the rest of the heroes.
"We're done for the day. You may keep practicing if you wish. Be in the dining hall at dawn for tomorrow's training. MAGGOTS....DISSSSSMISS!"
Tyler waved his greatsword at the princess in her box and she waved as he walked out of the arena with Rias and Belfast. The silver haired Belfast rubbing her sore hands with a grimace.
"I will need readjust. I have gone soft it appears."
Rias nodded as she massaged her own sore hands.
"We're going to be VERY achy in the morning Belfast. But comes with the territory. Speaking of which? Tyler? That ability."
He looked at her curiously as they walked through the city.
"What about it?"
The redhead had a serious expression on her face.
"I need....a favor."
He frowned at her expression....when something clicked.
"Wait. You don't mean what I think you do, right?"
"We'll go back to the room."
Tyler now had a VERY intense light in his eyes as he nodded.
"Absolutely."
Belfast had her own intense expression as they walked.
"I shall be present. And never reveal a word."
The friends returned to the palace and their room. Rias locked the door before she sat with the duo on the couch. Then she looked Tyler in the eye.
"When that ability recharges, i want you to kill Drake. The dragon possessing Issei."
Belfast blinked at this request.
"This Drake, Tyler?"
"It is the source of Issei's power. And the ENTIRE reason he met Rias in the first place. She's asking me to cripple him."
Rias nodded.
"I am."
Belfast had a frown on her face now.
"I agree the boy has his problems, dear. yet this seems extreme."
"It's outright evil is what it is, Belfast. Hate that guy as I do, he STILL has nearly DIED like folur times to protect her. His flaws aside, he trusts her with his life. And here she is trying to stab him in the back."
Tyler looked Rias dead in the eye now with a VERY intense glare.
"YOU are going to tell me WHY."
Rias met his metallic gaze unflinchingly.
"To FREE ourselves from his HORRID presence. That guy is DISGUSTING! But so long as he has the red dragon emperor inside him? We're stuck with him. I can't kick him off my board because some other devil will scoop him up and the house of Gremory will be in ruins."
Tyler nodded at this and sat back.
"I will NOT assist in YOUR betrayal."
Belfast nodded slowly at this decision.
"NOR will I. Betraying the one who looks to you for a leader and a dear friend just for insurance's sake is evil itself."
Tyler nodded as well with a light of condemnation in his eyes.
"I always thought you were BETTER then that, Rias. I guess reality IS disappointing. And NOW I understand why they say never meet your heroes."
Rias winced at that one before she let out a MASSIVE breath of relief. Which completely mystified the two condemners.
"Oh thank hell."
Tyler frowned.
"What the hell?"
The redhead smiled sheepishly.
"Sorry, but I kinda needed to hear you refuse to use it like that."
"Oooooh."
His and Belfast eye's flashed as they understood and Tyler smiled.
"Since I don't like that guy and we're good friends, you wanted to see if I'd use the power without really considering it. Alright. Fair enough."
Belfast nodded with her own smile and Rias chuckled.
"That disappointment thing kinda hit me in the heart for some odd reason."
She shrugged and Tyler smiled as he relaxed on the couch.
"We're good friends. Anyway. I'll probably get lost in town or something. What're you two gonna do?"
Belfast smiled.
"I will see to Unicorn. She lost all her matches today."
Rias shrugged.
"I'll probably do some tanning on the balcony. Not sure yet."
Tyler took first bath before he got dressed and headed out of the room. Jerial was there with a smile and a silver whistle.
"This will aid you in navigating the city, Tyler."
"Thanks Jerial. Rias loves her hair, think you can help her out?"
The wraith smiled warmly.
"I'll be sure to, My Lord."
He patted her fondly and walked along the sandstone hallway whistling a cheery tune. The warrior walked into the throne room where Mylissia was on her throne with Seria beside her on hers. both royal ladies were tending to the dealings of the city and Tyler smiled as he walked over. Seria smiled happily as he approached.
"Hello, My Hero."
He smiled and walked right up to hug her.
"Hey there, MY Seria."
She sighed with a smile while her mother chuckled at the powermove. The princess smiled as he stepped back.
"I saw your training, Tyler. You are quite skilled."
He chuckled at that one.
"Not really. I'm just good at getting inside your head. I do that you lose. Every time."
Seria smiled sweetly at this.
"A skill none the less. And your own Ability is quite formidiable. Even if I do not fully understand how it works exactly."
He thought for a moment.
"Best I can explain it is it cuts your spirit directly. NOT your body. Say you were a ghost? The ability would hurt the ghost MORE then it would YOU."
"Ooooh. Very impressive."
"Ha. It's the type of ace in the hole I LOVE having in reserve. Half the time even I forget I have it. Then BAM."
Mylissia chuckled at that.
"Like I said. We will watch YOUR progress MOST carefully. Now, aside from visiting Seria, do you have anything for the court?"
"Nah. Just wanted to bother Seria."
Seria smiled.
"Visit again soon!"
"Yes my Princess."
She blushed slightly at that one with a happy smile as he turned. Mylissia smiled approvingly at the reminder as Tyler walked out the door. Beran was laid out in a wagon wheel pattern with the palace in the direct center and the coliseum a major intersection in the city. All the buildings were built from red sandstone in varying styles and manners that added a rather haphazard yet homey feeling to the city. Tyler walked down the steps of the palace to the street before turning down a southern facing street. The exploring hero noting the masses of people around him were made of many races. Elves, dwarves, humans of every build and color, animalpeople, and many more besides. Armed and armoured guards walked along the streets in formations of 5 to 8. Their gleaming mail marking them even from a distance as they walked and Tyler also noted not a soul paid him any mind. I guess people got more important things to worry about then a wandering hero. He looked at a rooftop now and smirked as he spotted one of the Queen's Wraiths leaping from roof to roof keeping pace with him. THAT'S why. The area of the city he was walking through was mainly made of shops and businesses of many different kinds. One shop in particular got his eye and he chuckled at the numerous women lounging around outside the wide doors half naked offerings sex to all an sundry. A brothel you see.
"I can just HEAR Rias and Belfast glaring at me right now."
The warrior smiled fondly at the thought of his friends as he passed the redlight district of the city and a larger shop with a billowing plume of smoke in a chimmeny got his eye. He walked over to the window curiously only to be faced with rows of weaponry. A bladesmith's shop you see. Tyler walked in and the bell tinkled warmly as he did so. The shop was laid out like your average gunshop with longer weaponry leaning on racks, daggers and the like in glass cases, hulking greatswords and axes on racks while armor sat on manniquins. Tyler kept an eye on his own long kit while looking at various prices on different pieces. There was a sound of a door opening and a woman's warm voice was heard.
"Welcome to Helia's Arms and Armor! How can i help? oh."
Tyler looked to the breathy voice to be faced by a slender framed lady with golden blonde hair lit up witj blood red highlights. Her skin was pale while her eyes were a piercing shade of blue set in a teardrop shaped face. She was a head shorter then he was while a large bust on her chest and her attire was a thick smith's apron. Her most interesting feature was the long, tipped ears on her head. The appendages marked her for a member of the elven race. The elf blinked as she recognized Tyler as a hero and she instantly became VERY nervous and excited in equal measures.
"Oh my ears. A HERO in MY shop! Oh I am so sorry, My Lord. How may I assist?"
Tyler smiled disarmingly at the flustered lady.
"Nice to meet you miss. I'm Tyler. Was getting a feel for prices and the city."
The elf smiled in relief at the friendly and genuine words.
"I am Helia, Lord Tyler. Are you seeking custom work?"
"Not yet. More learning my new world. Plus my old world didn't have bladesmiths or shops like this so there's that."
The elf smiled at that as the warrior looked at the various offerings on hand when a pair of gauntlets caught his eye on a shelf. Heila saw them and smiled as he walked over curiously.
"Oh. Those ae grapple gauntlets Lord Tyler. They fire grappling hooks from the wrists that can pierce stone cleanly."
Ty;er smirked as he looked at the things.
"I can do so much with that it's a little frightening."
He checked the price,
"500?"
Heila nodded with a sigh.
"They have been here a while."
"Makes sense."
He took them and the elf smiled proudly as he slid the coins over.
"I'll have them resized for a perfect fit in five minutes."
"THanks Heila."
She went into her forge as Tyler leaned against her counter to patiently wait. The warrior smiled as he took his greatsword out now with a cloth to clean the immense warsword. Heila returned te minutes later all smiles and Tyler smiled warmly as he took the reworked gauntlets.
"Thanks Heila."
"Of course, Lord Tyler. Do remember my shop the next you need gear, please."
"And the pretty elf?"
She smiled shyly now and the tips of her ears turned bright red.
"ME too."
"Absolutely then. See ya next time Heila."
He pulled the blued steel gloves on as he walked out. When his shadow was gone Heila let out a longing sigh with a dreamy expression on her delicate face.
"So THAT'S the Slayer? Ooooh he's so CUTE!"
Tyler flexed his hands in his new armor curiously. The things were a deep blue while fingerless to allow free movement. They extended to his elbow while not being hindering while over the wrists were a pair of small holes for the grapples to be fired. The triggers were inside his mind like buttons on his consciousness and he smirked wickedly at the ways he could make them work. I got 1,500 gold left now. He passed an alley now and looked down it curiously....and smirked as he felt oddly curious. He walked into it without fear and an old beggar chuckled as he passed.
"The mighty Slayer pays a visit. The dark places are NO PLACE for a hero kid."
Tyler chuckled as he looked at the disguised hawker.
"I've been to many places my friend. Not all warm and fuzzy."
"HA. A WORDLY hero. Amusing."
Tyler then noted a pure white disk on the dirt by his boot and he took the faceless thing. The hawker smirked under his battered hood.
"There be a few angels around town missing some white."
"I'll be sure to raise hell downtown. And say hi to a few amusing characters."
That got a chuckle from the hawker as Tyler slotted the coin in his sword.
"There be many interesting things in unseen places. And characters always looking to amuse. Be warned some are not as obliging as a royal trainer."
"True. They're more fun."
"HA!"
A group of ten men in cloaks appeared from shadows to surround the lone warrior. The hawker smirked as he melted into the dingy alley.
"Do visit us again, Slayer, if ya yet live that long."
TYler chuckled as he hefted his greatsword.
"I'll be sure to."
The ten rushed him en mass and Tyler lunged at the first man in front of him. He jumped to the side but the wily warrior leapt up onto a crate, and threw himself into a spinning slash that took two in the face. Their heads were cleanly cut and they dropped to the dirt as Tyler now had his back to the wall and the alley thugs all smirked as they hefted daggers and shortswords. Tyler smirked as he took his sword in a two handed stance.
"MUCH better. I MISSED this feeling."
He dropped int a lower crouch and lunged at another target and he charged as well with the rest. Tyler packed a ferocious force into the next swing as a well of red appeared in his brown eyes and his berserker rage started to boil. His vision turned a red tinged color while becoming hazier and hazier until all he saw was seas of red mist and the images of those he wanted to see die. The greatsword howled like a banshee in winter with every swing while he scythed down men with long strokes and powerful slams. The last man weas ran through the middle and lifted high into the air as the red mists fell from the victorious warrior's eyes.
"Thanks for the amusement gentlemen."
The man was thrown off the sword and the blood spattered teenager swayed a little as he came down from his rage.
"Ooookay. Yup. I'm done for the day for fighting."
He swung the blood off his sword and hung it on his back before he got to work looting the pile of viscera and mush that had once been living people. The results of the effort being an extra 750 gold, their weapons, a sapphire necklace he'd need to have appraised, and that was about it. He walked out of the alley and returned to Heila's shop. The elf blinked as he walked in.
"IS something amiss so soon?"
"NAh. I had some fun."
He aid the weapons out and the pretty elf chuckled at the implications.
"A hero picking fights with streetgangs. Makes sense. I'll take them for 300."
"Thanks Heila. This worth anything?"
He slid the necklace over and the smith smiled.
"It's just a sapphire necklace in some good gold. Not enchanted. It's worth maybe 25,000 gold?"
"Wow."
"It's a good quality necklace and the gem is beautiful."
He smiled fondly now.
"I know EXACTLY what to do with it. Thanks Heila. I'll be sure to bother you a lot now."
"Do so. I make money when you do!"
"Cute."
She blushed to her ears again as he walked out.
"Oooh there goes my heart."
Tyler smiled as he did a funds check. Alright. I had 2 grand. i blew 500 and made 750. Then an extra 300. I got 2,550. He returned to the palace where Seria and Mylissia were still on their throne. However this time there was a prisoner in chains on a post in a trial. Tyler walked over curiously and Seria's blue eyes went wide at the blood spattered warrior and her mother's eyes narrowed at this. But they did not break from the current affair as the queen looked down on the accused.
"MArkin Warkinton. You stand accused of murdering your brother in a fit of greed. The evidence is condemning and your honor in extreme doubt. HOW do you defend yourself?"
The man in the chains just glared at her.
"That bastid had it comin. Actin like I don't exist when I PUT that ingrate in that fancy chair he loved so much. He owed me money too."
Mylissia nodded at this nonrebuttal.
"Guilt is indisputable. The punishment is the gallows. Make peace with your god."
The man was dragged screaming away and the queen turned to the blood smeared warrior.
"TYler the Slayer. Where is that blood from?"
He shrugged.
"I got bored. So I went to find some friends."
Mylissia smirked at that one.
"I see. Yet we have a coliseum."
"That'll be a tomorrow gimmick. Backalley brawls are a special kinda entertaining for me. Was a thriving means of amusement back when."
Seria gulped.
"Are you hurt?"
"Nope. Well I don't THINK I am. I kinda have an insane pain tolerance to the point I don't notice it unless it's nearly crippling."
He shrugged and Mylissia chuckled.
"With defense and vitality numbers like your own that is not surprising. Now. Is there anything I should know?"
"YOU? Nope."
He walked up to Seria and smiled.
"I found this and thought a you."
She squeaked at this and he passed her the sapphire necklace. Instantly she was wrapped in smiles and glow at the unexpected gift that sparkled like her eyes were.
"It's beautiful!"
"Like you. I saw the sapphire and was reminded of your eyes. Between you an me? THEY'RE the better gems ANY DAY."
She smiled happily at this praise with a slight blush as her mother chuckled.
"A man that gives gifts with his suit. Good."
Seria smiled as she donned the thing. The gold accenting her azur hair perfectly while the sapphire merely added to her blue. Tyler smiled.
"Perfect. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for more."
Seria smiled happily.
"Sapphires are my favorite gems."
"Yet you are the only TRUELY precious gem in this town."
That made a fair few ladies in attendance sigh longungly for such eloquence and romance while poor Seria was now blushing hard. Tyler smiled as stepped back.
"I'll see ya soon, MY princess."
She clasped the sapphire to her chest.
"I'll be waiting, MY Hero."
He walked out of the throne room, leaving the princess with a hammering heart and her mother with a warm smile. Tyler chuckled as his own heart beat harder then usual. I guess she's got ME by the heart too. It kinda feels nice. The warrior smiled as he returned to the room and tapped a knuckle on the door. Rias' relaxed voice was heard from inside.
"Clear."
He walked in to find the redhead on a long chair on the balcony enjoying some sunlight. Her long blood redhair was strewn around her and she was clearly naked on the soft fuzzy chair that was more lounge recliner then anything. She didn't look over as she lazily waved a hand over her head.
"Belfast's in the bath so don't do anything I wouldn't do."
He chuckled.
"Rias. YOU'D barge in there and call it a joining."
"HA. Fair enough."
The door opened and a refreshed Belfast walked out in a robe with her silver hair gleaming in the late day sunlight. Tyler chuckled at her own beautiful image.
"You look great Belfast."
Her blue eyes shone as she replied.
"Thank you, Tyler-my word are you okay?"
He blinked at her sudden shock....then remembered why he needed a bath as well.
"I got bored. So I visited a certain place."
That one made the two ladies blink and Rias was heard.
"Clean up before ya make a mess. And we'll chat."
He went into the bath as the redhead threw on a robe before joining her friend on the couch. Belfast looked at her.
"He is SPATTERED from head to foot in blood, dear."
Rias nodded.
"I was worried about that actually."
"Fighting is entertainment for him?"
"It happened to Koneko for a while when she was abandoned the first time. She was alone for many years and her form of fun was beating people to a pulp with her bare hands. It gave her a place to put her hurt and pain. I was worried he was like that too. When he killed that creep, didn't you notice the red in his eyes?"
Belfast nodded gravely.
"I did. Knight Captain Victoria was especially on edge then."
"The term is berserker. Tyler might be a berserker. Or one that fights with rage and pent up pain then skill or even brains. All these fighters see is red and the thing they want to kill. That's it."
Belfast looked to the door now as they waited for their friend.
"Now I have a new worry myself."
The door opened and Tyler walked out in a black robe and a refreshed smile.
"I don't think I'll ever get used to this."
He joined the ladies on the couch and Rias looked at him.
"So you picked a fight in an alley."
"And got an in for the markets too."
"Oh?"
He flipped the white choin and the redhead chuckled.
"There's the other reason. Black market?"
"And maybe the underground fightclub. Haven't gotten that far yet."
Belfast frowned.
"Is the black market not an illegal enterprise, Tyler?"
"I see what you did there."
She blinked at his odd humor and reviewed her words before smiling wryly.
"Oh dear. I did not notice that myself."
"I REALLY wanna meet her."
"She is here as well.....and was the lady you threw at that younger lady with the giant scythe."
He laughed at that.
"So I threw a fully loaded aircraft carrier at somebody? HA!"
Rias smiled at that one as well before Belfast recovered her train of thought.
"My question on the legality of the market?"
Tyler shrugged.
"It's what is known as a nessecary crime, Belfast."
"I do not follow."
"Some places are in open revolt and are supplied by such markets and channels. Ask Mylissia. if pressed she could point out every den, line, and front in her country as it's kinda an open secret they're there. Plus the bribes, tithes, and goods that flew through the markets? The country makes quite the profit as well."
The silver haired beauty smiled as she saw his point.
"I suppose the world is just that much bigger then I realize. Very well. Now. Your choice in entertainment."
Rias looked him in the eye.
"You kill for fun?"
"Well, er, kinda. This world is kinda like a living videogame so...."
He shrugged and Belfast frowned now with a NEW worry.
"Life is NOT a mere videogame, Tyler."
Rias nodded gravely.
"There are no respawns Tyler. NOW I am VERY concerned. Were you hit?"
"Oddly enough I was. I took a hit from from a stab and it got through my armor."
He pointed out a small cut on his ribs.
"I felt nothing and didn't notice till I stripped. It was bleeding too."
Belfast sighed.
"You did not notice you were HIT?"
He smiled sheepishly.
"Nope. I have an extreme pain tolerence Belfast. I won't notice unless it's next to crippling and even then I wouldn't place mush stock in it."
Rias sighed with a smile.
"You remind me so much of Koneko it's a little scary. One of the reasons I gave her a rook was because of her insane physical defenses and strengths."
"The queen said much the same since my defense and vitality is so high."
He pulled his Status Plate and looked at the experience bar.
"Hm. I only filled a quarter of it today. I'll get back to grinding later. OH."
He looked at Rias.
"Fair warning. I found the red light district."
That one made the two ladies smile dangerously and Belfast spoke.
"WHY are you TELLING us this, Tyler?"
"Three reasons. 1. Fair warning so you don't find out by accident. 2. I passed four such streets. 3. Issei."
Rias sighed now as her smile died.
"I can see the cheating now. Thanks."
He smiled.
"I gotchyer back."
Then she smirked.
"Appreciated. But that won't save you. Did you use it?"
"This run? Nope."
Belfast had a light in her eye now.
"THIS run?"
"Well. Until Seria gives me a straight answer of yes or no, I'll have some fun too ya know."
Rias smirked.
"Have you had that chat with Seria yet?"
"Not yet. Like I said, I haven't gotten that far yet. When i do I'll have a word."
Belfast pursed her lips.
"Do you really think such a profession is proper for a young man to frequent? Especially one that has to set example?"
"Sure I do. Who are WE to judge THEM on their profession? You're a maid, right?"
She frowned.
"I am?"
He smiled.
"Some people consider waiting on people hand and foot like a maid to be improper. Who are we to say what is proper and what isn't?"
Belfast sighed at this.
"A valid point. Yet I still see the other side."
"So long as she is willing and happy, who cares?"
Rias chuckled.
"He's got a good one there!"
Belfast sighed at that.
"Indeed. And one I cannot truly argue. Very well. Do NOT be crass with this. AND speak to the LAdy Seria before indulging."
"Will do Belfast."
Tyler yawned then from the exertions of the day and Rias looked at him.
"Rage mode take it out of you?"
"Always does. I'll be fine though."
The ladies nodded and Tyler rested his head on the back of the couch as he relaxed from a strenous day of fighting and practicing for fighting. Belfast left to go do something and Rias returned to her tanning. With a smirk.
"Do NOT look."
"Hmm-hm."
He laid flat on the couch now with his Status Plate open looking at different options and informtation while his redheaded friend tanned naked on the balcony.
"Oh. Thanks for that."
"Sure thing Rias."
He smiled at her relaxed tone as he found a bestariy feature in the Plate that kept track of feats, deeds, kills, and accomplishments in world. Tyler yawned after a while and put the plate up to doze. Rias walked into the bath a little later and he watched through a slitted eyelid as she did so topless and in a towel. The beautiful redhead smirked knowingly at him as she went in and he smiled also knowingly. Belfast returned an hour later and smiled as she saw the half asleep warrior on the couch with his black robe half open on the chest and for some reason it brought color to her cheeks. Tyler saw this through a slitted eyelid as well and was mildly curious as to WHY the prim and elegant Belfast was blushing like a schoolgirl with her first crush looking at the near barechested warrior on the couch. Tyler opened his eyes with a yawn and sat up with a groan. Rias appeared from beside the bed with a knowing smirk as she set their chessboard before them.
"Rematch."
He was wide awake now!
"Oh it is ON."
Rias smiled as the pieces were set up while Belfast went onto the balcony. The duel was on and the pieces fell in numbers until Tyler picked the victory up at the last second and Rias grumbled.
"Round two."
"You're getting better."
"Thanks."
They warred over the board until Jerial walked in with their dinner. TYler smiled as rias won the current round and the Sea Wraith maid smiled warmly as they set their table.
"I will be here if you have need."
Tyler smiled as he patted her.
"Thanks Jerial."
She blushed with a smile at the headpat and the friends enjoyed a quiet meal together. Rias smirked.
"Look away."
He chuckled at that as they got ready for bed and the warrior smiled.
"Want your massages ladies?"
They smiled at the offer and did indeed get their rubdowns from the warrior before they laid in bed. Tyler groaned as his back ached from the comfy bed while Belfast settled between him and Rias.
"Night ladies."
"Good night, Tyler."
"Night Tyler."


Tyler was running along another alley with a group of people all clamouring for his ass. Tyler's lean arms and legs burned from the exileration of running for his life and the ulterior motive. This time he had a plan for this encounter and to make sure his attackers screamed. The agile boy ran through alleys and vaulted cars with the pack hot on his heels until he reached the alley in question. There he slid to a stop at the back wall and Brad led the smirking wickedly group of ten towards the seemingly cornered rat. Tyler smirked.
"Not this time bitch."
He lifted a a rope from the ground and pulled on it. The other end was attached to a rusting metal fire escape that hadn't seen any care since it was installed back in the 60s. The rope went taut and there was a metallic snapping sound. The entire multion escape clattered to the ground ontop of the attackers and Tyler smiled evily as the dust cleared and he saw Brad was still alive but pinned by an arm to the ground.
"Oh how I've longed for this day."
The now hunting kid moved to the screaming in agony brad and got behind him with a sharp pipe.
"I'll be sure to visit your mom and sisters too. wouldn't be right for them to be left out of this good time!"
Brad howled in pain as the sharp spike was rammed into his wounded rectum.



Tyler woke with a jerk and sat up shaking in the royal chambers' bed. He rubbed his eyes as ice cold sweat dripped off his frame and he had a case of the shakes from the intensity of the dream.
"Ugh. FUCK those things with a passion. I THOUGHT I was passed this."
He looked beside him to where Belfast and Rias were faking to be asleep and he smiled.
"Appreciate the concern ladies. This one was just memories."
Belfast smiled without opening her eyes.
"GOOD memories?"
"I don't really HAVE good memories Belfast. It wasn't a nightmare so that's a step in the right direction."
Rias smiled without also opening her blue eyes.
"In the morning."
"It's a-"
"Don't say it."
"Yes Rias."



DAY THREE AND I ALREADY HURT LIKE HELL. HOO-FUCKING-RAY.
DAY 3.
GOLD: 2,550.
WEDESNSDAY.


Tyler woke to see Belfast's head resting on his chest in a rather comfy manner. His arm was resting on her back and he had her back the back of the head. Her arms were around his neck and the silver haired lady wore a contented and relaxed smile on her face as she slept and it made him smile. He could also feel her massive breasts pressed into his body. Wow Belfast. Hard as melons yet soft like pillows. I love em. He looked over to see Rias on her back with an arm over her eyes asleep. The blanket had come down to her waist granting him a lovely view of her own massive bust and he smiled as he used his free arm to pull the blanket back up over their glory. Belfast's smile turned knowing.
"Good choice."
He stroked her soft silver hair soothingly and she smiled fondly as her blue eyes opened.
"I am enjoyin the moment. Do NOT abuse it."
"I won't. I kinda like this."
"Yes, I do as well. And nothing beyond this room."
He smiled as he felt her soft silver hair.
"Sure thing, Belfast."
She smiled with the faint blush now and he patted her liek he had Jerial. Her smile turned into a smirk.
"I see we have reached our current limit."
"Ha."
The maid went into the bath and Rias opened a sparkling blue eye with a knowing smirk.
"Seems SOMEONE'S popular."
"Want one?"
She chuckled but said nothing. He smiled at the potential open door before he got out of the bed and groaned at the stiffness.
"OOh today is going to SUUUCK. You good?"
The redhead had her back to him as she stretched.
"I'm achy and sore but yeah. I guess."
"We got training an the I'll probably pick another fight with somethin. not sure yet."
He shrugged and Rias looked at him in concern.
"Just look me in the eye and promise me something."
He looked at her curiously.
"Sure?"
Her eyes were sparkling intensely.
"Don't go overboard with the bloodfun OR get killed. Okay?"
He smiled and hugged the now robe clothred beauty tightly.
"I promise."
She smiled with a minor relief and leaned in his ear.
"Don't die and leave me here, okay?"
He held her tighter.
"I will NEVER leave you alone, Rias. I promise."
She smiled with more relief at that vehement vow.
"Me either."
He smiled as they embraced in the early morning warmth before he patted her as well.
"Now I think we should clean up our act."
She laughed and went into the bath with Belfast while Tyler went about his morning warmups. Once the ladies came out he went in and gave himself a deep cleaning. Then he geared back up in his armor and weaponry. When he walked out Rias frowned.
"Hey Tyler."
"Sup?"
She pointed the large hole in his scalemail.
"You SURE you don't remember getting hit?"
He looked at the near four inch gash in his scalemail and hole in his chain curiously.
"Um, yeah. I didn't feel a thing. Weird."
He shrugged as the two sighed at this newest evidence and the trio headed to breakfast. The friends got their usual spot as most of the other heroes were rubbing wrists and complaining of ache. Tyler chuckled as Asia plopped herself down beside him all smiles.
"Morning Asia."
"Morning!"
"How's your arms?"
The ever cheerful blonde smiled.
"I'm fine. My healing eases sore muscles!"
He patted her.
"See, Glowball? You ARE useful!"
"Yup!....what the hell are you trying to say?"
The friends smiled at the adorable fury of their friend as she fully processed what he'd said. Tyler merely patted her.
"You're fun."
"I WILL hurt you for that."
"Atta Glowball."
Asia had a new look of fury on her face at this teasing as Rias came to the rescue.
"Okay, Tyler. No pissing off Asia first thing in the morning."
"yes Akeno."
"Oh MY!"
Rias jumped a little at the sound of her sultry friend's purr directly behind her and it made a fair few chuckle. Akeno smiled knowingly as she joined the table.
"Oh my, Rias. Jumpy this morning?"
"I will GET you for this Sister. And YOU."
Tyler looked at her curiously.
"Yes, Rias?"
Akeno chuckled knowingly into her hand as Asia giggled at the yes dear feel of the reply. Rias had a vein bulge on her head as she was now the one in the firing lane.
"Shut. UP."
He chuckled as they had breakfast before the warrior headed tp the throne room. A move that made the ladies smile. He found Seria and Mylissia on their thrones and the princess was sporting her new bling on her neck. The gold and sapphire having been cleaned to a sparkling brillance that merely added to her image. The princess' attire also reflected this as her gown of blue and yellow matched the jewelery and her natural colors perfectly. She smiled warmly as tyler walked up.
"Good morning Tyler. My Hero."
"Good mornign to you too, My Princess of Blue."
She smiled and Mylissia chuckled.
"Good, but you can do better."
TYler chuckled knowingly.
"I know I can. Don't worry. I'm looking for the material as we go."
The queen blinked.
"Now I have cause for worry."
"I like to overdo things when I give a damn."
Seria smiled excitedly.
"I'm excited!"
Tyler hugged her tightly.
"Me too."
She had a happy glow in her hug and he leaned in her ear.
"And you are SO much more the goddess of blue then you think!"
She was red in the face as he pulled back and Mylissia smirked dangerously now as she'd not heard what had been said.
"Sweetie."
Seria smiled sweetly.
"Nope! MINE!"
The court chuckled at that one and Tyler smiled as he patted the princess' blue hair. She blushed hard again.
"Hey! Stop embarrassing me in front of the court!"
He laughed at her incredibly cute and sexy whine.
"Cute whine, Seria. Okay. i'm done for now."
She pouted at the teasing.
"Bully."
"Wow. Cute when pissed too? You a REAL gem!"
"eep!"
He hugged her and she smiled around her new blush before Mylissia smirked.
"Okay. You've bothered her enough, Tyler. And you have training to get to."
"Sure, Mylissia. you gonna watch again Seria?"
The princess beamed at that.
"Yup! So work hard!"
"As if making you smile could be considered work. If you love your job, you'll never work a day in your life!"
That made a fair few ladies all sigh with longing and envy for the princess' romantic moment and Tyler stepped off her dias. Seria had a new smile of joy on her face as Mylissia nodded approvingly at the ploys. the warrior regrouped with Rias and the other heroes. The redheaded beauty smirked as he walked over.
"Okay. YOU are an eloquent bastard. Good for her."
"Ha. Come on."
The heroes did their morning run to the coliseum where they were met by Victoria in the middle of the sandy arena with their first line of knights to duel. The purple haired knight captain nodded as they approached her.
"Good. On time-I see SOME of you do not know the meaning of ON TIME."
Tyler blinked and so did a fair few of the other heroes. A quick search revealed Issei and a small number of others had not shown up at all. Rias slumped at this discovery and a few of the others did too. The warrior merely patted her on the back.
"This'll be interesting to watch at least."
She smiled at the attempt as Victoria chuckled.
"So we have a few duty shirkers eh? No matter."
Tyler looked at Belfast in mild fear in the face of Victoria's cheery voice.
"This is gonne ba bad."
The silver haired maid nodded with nervous eyes.
"Oh dear."
Victoria looked at the present heroes.
"Those of you here today will proceed with your training as scheduled. As for those that did not show at the appointed time? Well. They'll be with me."
Tyler had a thought now and the knight captain saw it.
"You have an ISSUE MAGGOT?"
"Yeah just a thing, the ones that are just LOST?"
The captin blinked.
"It's a straight line from the palace to the coliseum?"
"For YOU maybe. I can see some getting lost in an unfamilar town VERY easily. I nearly did it twice yesterday."
The captain sighed at that valid point.
"A very reasonable excuse and one that would be unjust to punish due to you not having grown up in this city. Very well. they will be retrieved."
Rias looked at the warrior curiously.
"Was that for Issei or somebody else?"
"Cover my OWN ass. I am GOING to get lost in that city at least once."
"HA."
Belfast smiled as well at this selfishness as the knights all faced their hero opponents. Tyler hefted his greatsword with a sile as he faced another greatsworder with a more wiry frame while lightly armored. The warrior cracked his neck and let out a long, slow breath s he refocused on the enemy before him. The knight rushed him this time with his narrower defender in a wide arc meant to make the warrior block with his own blade. Tyler, however, went for a straight thrust with the sword and the knight had no choice but to sidestep or be impaled. He was quick however and jabbed Tyler in the ribs with the hilt of his sword that had a set of spikes adorning it for just such a ploy. Tyler, however, didn't feel the hit and instead pivoted on a foot to bring the massive weapon done on the knight's shoulder with enough force to flatten him. The warrior chuckled as he lifted the weapon and the knight off the sand.
"A mere POKE is just gonna piss me off in a real fight, Knight. Good one though."
The knight smiled politely.
"Your pardon sirrah, but you DID lose this exchange."
"I did?"
Victoria chuckled as she walked over.
"YOU got hit FIRST."
"I....did?"
"I am not surprised. With defensive stats as high as yours? It be a tsk of some doing to make YOU feel pain."
Tyler shrugged with a mildly confused smile.
"I guess? I mean i dropped him. That were a real fight he'd be dead by now."
Victoria nodded.
"True. He WOULD be dead. But we are not TRULY fighting. This is a duel of honor."
Here her eyes glinted with a dangerous light.
"Are you saying you don't have honor?"
Tyler chuckled a humorless chuckle.
"Honor to me is nothing then the knife you slit your throat with in a fight."
The captain sighed at that.
"I see. So you ARE a berserker. And a dark one at that."
Tyler shrugged as he took a spot across from the same knight and the man hefted his defender in a fresh stance. Tyler wasn't smiling anymore and the expression on his face was one of stone as he focused on the knighr before him. Victoria noted the change in his demeanor with a frown and the knight saw it as well. The pair nodded and the knight captain replaced the man as opponent.
"Alright Tyler. We'll have our rematch."
"BOTH of you then."
His voice was full of a new darkness and the defender wielding knight nodded as he hefted his sword.
"Very well."
The rest of the heroes were watching closely now and Seria had a new look of worry on her face in her box at the scene. Rias leaned in Belfast's ear.
"Some reason that loss pissed him off."
She nodded without taking her eyes off the exchange.
"I fear losing in such a manner triggers the anger inside him. we shall watch MOST carefully."
Victoria had her shield up and the defender wielder was also at the ready. Tyler's eyes narrowed into a glare and his grip on his sword went white. His vision became hued with crimson and his teeth were bared in a feral grin when a sound of something snapping was heard. Tyler rushed the pair of knights with a wild smile and blood red eyes while swinging the hulking battleblade with such force it was howling like wind in a hurricane. Victoria leapt to the side as the defender wielder danced around the downward swing. Tyler leapt aside then as well, narrowly dodging a slice from the captain's longsword while the other knight was there with his own greatsword in a wide arc. Tyler surged INTO the swing with a ferocious force taking the full edge of the weapon on his dual shirts of mail and gave a vicious yank. The sword was torn from the man's grasp while he deflected another swing from Victoria with the wider greatsword in a one handed grip. Tyler had a wild smile of exileration on his face as his eyes were like rubies from the sheer wrath filling them. He grabbed the now unarmed knight by the neck and THREW the man into the shield of Victoria. Then he pounced with a two handed grip on the sword as he brought the immense battlesword to bare with all of his strength and a sadistic determination to SPLIT them in HALF.
"PARALYZE!"
The captain cast a spell and the berserk warrior found he couldn't move. The spell took effect not a moment too soon as the razor edge of the sword was resting on her greave. if she had not cast the spell, Tyler would have split her and the unarmed knight clean in half. The warrior was fighting with the spell as the now grim faced Victoria rose from the dirt.
"I see. So he's a DEATHSEEKER too."
Belfast and Rias came over as their friend struggled to get loose. The redhead looked at the captain.
"A deathseeker?"
The captain nodded.
"One that has long forgotten the joys and beauty of life and bathes in the blood of death. They're a form of berserker that LIVE for war and killing. They are also the most feared type of fighter in our world. As once the rage takes them, friend and foe lose all meaning and they become walking instruments of destruction. ANYTHING that gets between it, and the thing that set it off, dies. WITHOUT fail."
There was a sound of glass shattering and the berserker charged again with the sword in a hard swing. Rias and Belfast did not move as the sword hurtled towards them....
"DON'T HURT YOUR FRIENDS, TYLER!"
Only for Seria's empassioned scream to echo across the coliseium. Her sweet, soprano voice bounced around the arena until it reached the still swinging warrior and he blinked.
"Seria?"
He froze midswing and a massive gust of wind set Rias' blood red mane to fluttering from the force of it. The edge of the sword resting on her arm at chest height. She had not moved, and had nearly been cut clean in half by the attack. Rias looked behind her and noted the VERY shaken knight was behind her. Seria rose to her height as the still red eyed warrior looked to her curiously, as if wondering why this tiny blue haired thing had interrupted it's hunt.
"Put up your sword, Warrior. These are NOT your enemies."
The warrior shivered as her soothing voice washed over him. Then veils of red mist fell from his eyes until they had returned to their usual bright brown hue. Tyler blinked a few times before he swayed a little from his intense rage moment. Then he noticed Rias standing in front of him.
"Oh. Hey Rias. We're dueling again?"
She whistled at this switch and Victoria smiled approvingly.
"It seems Princess Seria is the one that can reach the beast. I find this fitting."
Seria let out a small breath of relief.
"I am RELIEVED it was THAT easy."
Tyler chuckled at that one as he hung his sword on his back. Then he noted a slight scratch on Rias' neck.
"Oh you lost again?"
She shook her head.
"YOU nearly just killed me."
"Huh?"
Belfast stood beside her now.
"You went berserk Tyler."
He blinked at this and looked at Victoria. who nodded.
"You were COMPLETELY unreachable. Only the Princess was able to convince you to halt your attack."
He sighed at this.
"DAMMIT. i THOUGHT I was passed this."
Victoria lifted an eyebrow as he rubbed his eyes in frustration.
"You knew."
"I did. I haven't had a blackout rage in years, Victoria. I don't know why, but old wounds and scars are surfacing. An i DO NOT like it."
She nodded.
"What were you thinking the last you remember?"
"That I was going to win the next one. PERIOD."
She sighed.
"So your drive to win is extreme. And with vitality numbers like yours as well? The perfect recipe for a berserker. We'll work on it."
Tyler rubbed his eyes tiredly.
"I DID work on it. To the point I DIDN'T have anything close to it anymore. Ugh."
Rias smiled understandingly.
"either did Koneko. Then she met me and had to start over from scratch."
He smiled at that one before looking at Victoria.
"Sooo, my training."
She smirked.
"YOU now have a paralyze mage on watch in case you go into a rage. And do not feel ashamed or even worried about your rage, Tyler. My sister is a berserker reaver."
"Okay that's a little scary."
Victoria chuckled at that truth.
"She's a very sweethearted girl too. Just do NOT piss her off or they'll bury you in two pieces. She's the same size as that lovely blonde there."
The eyes looked to where Asia was and Rias whistled at the image.
"Okay. I REALLY wanna meet this girl."
Asia was curious why everyone was looking at her so suddenly, but smiled as she found she liked the spotlight. Tyler just chuckled as she did so.
"Asia is just too damn cute sometimes."
The heads nodded in agreement before the warrior looked to the knight captain.
"So what now?"
Victoria nodded.
"Today I'll be teachin you how to use magic in this world. Each of you will be given a low level firebolt spell for the lesson and your arsenal. Then you'll cast until you run out of mana."
The heroes took the spell cards from the captain and she explained further.
"To cast magic you must possess the Spell Card. Place the card on your Status Plate and the ability will be added to your arsenal."
Tyler did so and the card burst into brillant blue flames that matched Seria's hair to perfection as the spell engraved itself on his mind. Victoria smiled as she watched the procedure.
"You can eject spells at anytime from your arsenal by pressing the coin sign by the name. It is a common practice to add the spells on aquisition to prevent theft until you're ready to sell them."
The heads nodded and Tyler smiled as he saw the spell on his list. The line of manniquins were rolled out and Victoria gestured to them.
"Now. To cast magic all you really need to do is imagine the image of the magic and fuel it with your will. Say the name and aim for the manniquin."
Tyler lifted his hand in the shape of a gun and felt for the rushing feeling inside him the knight captain meant. Then he let out a slow breath.
"Firebolt."
A small pingpong ball of brillant blue fire flew from the tip of his finger towards the manniquin. It impacted and a surprisingly large explosion of blue rang out from the impact. The manniquin was lost to sight by the unexpectedly powerful blast and Tyler smirked as he lowered his finger.
"Now i KNOW I hit it cleanly."
The fire went out and the manniquin was seen VERY badly burned. But tht was all. Just burned. Like it had been next to an immense flame and became merely scorched. Victoria scanned it's soul with her spell and chuckled.
"Seems magic isn't your forteit Tyler. The damage is very superficial, and the soul is intact. This makes sense since you're not a mage."
Tyler smiled.
"I guess. Again?"
The rest of the heroes fired their spells and the result was an odd kelaedaiscope of colors. Rias' was bright blue as well as it obliterated the poor manniquin it hit while Belfast's firebolt matched TYLER'S eyes to perfection as it made a ten foot crater where the manniquin had been prior. Tyler chuckled as he saw the light brown color of Belfast's flames.
"UH-OH."
Seria had her own knowing smile on her face as she watched from her box. The princess waved in a telling manner.
"Tyler! I would have words with you later!"
"Yes Seria."
The ladies of the audience nodded approvingly at his response and Tyler smiled as fresh manniquin was rolled foreward. Victoria nodded.
"drain your mana. Open fire!"
He cast the spell again and the result was the same. Scorch, no real burn. He felt a little tired, but gritted his teeth as he decided to make a crater of his own. He channeled a little of his own rage into the spell and the flames went from sapphire blue...to blood red that matched Rias' hair to utter perfection as he fired the spell. Rias saw this shift with a knowing smile...when the now baseball sized fireball slammed into the mannquin and an immense explosion rocked the arena. The blast rocked the stone arena with enough force a few unawares people fell and a mushroom cloud rose into the sky while a crater of 10 feet wide was seen where the manniquin was. Tyler dropped to a knee panting with a red hue to his eyes and a smirk on his face.
"THAT'S much better."
Victoria smirked as she saw the brown and red color in Tyler's eyes.
"A BALANCED berserker. GOOD. Your mana is drained. One light spell, and one heavy blast. That is your current limit. Drink this."
She threw a blue vial at him which he caught cleanly. Tyler shrugged as he drank the thing to the last drop and shivered as it tasted of sweet blueberries and he felt his exhaustion vanish.
"A mana potion."
She nodded.
"Exactly. Now, AGAIN."
The spells flew thick and fast for an hour until the supply of mana potions Victoria had brought with her had been exhausted. Tyler was on a knee panting from the strain of magical casting. The knight captain nodded.
"Alright. This will also be added to your daily duels maggots. On your feet for the next bout. Tyler, you will be my opponent until you gain control over your rage."
He nodded and the tired heroes sparred with their knightly counterparts for a few hours until the captain stepped back.
"That'll be it for today, Maggots. And know a select few of you have NOT been seen the entire day of training. Tyler. A few WERE found and they WERE indeed lost as you say. Seems a wagon train came through at a bad time. They are exempt. The rest will pay due deiligence for this shirking. Maggots.....DIIIISSSSMMMIIIISSS!"

Tyler chuckled at that one as he waved at Seria on her throne before heading for the palace. Rias and Belfast appeared beside him and the redhead looked at him with a knowing smile.
"So when you got serious, the flames matched MY hair. Something I should know?"
He chuckled at that accusation.
"Nope. YOUR flames matched Seria's hair to perfection. Anything I should warn HER about?"
"Hmm, NOPE."
Tyler looked at Belfast and she smiled.
"In the room dear."
"Sure thing Belfast."
The friends returned to their room and the maid smiled as Rias took first bath.
"I will admit to a certain....interest."
Tyler whistled as he sat back on the couch.
"Do you know what manner of interest it is?"
She was thoughtful herself now.
"When we are in the bed my heart races, and I feel an urge to do something most intensely. And I will not spell it out for you."
"I'd really prefer it if you did, Belfast. I've had friends arrested from some missed detail or misinterpetation."
She sighed and leaned in his ear.
"I have an urge for passion."
"Sorry I dragged it out of you, but I've nearly been shot like four times from stuff like that."
That made her sigh with a smile.
"I will be mindful. Have you had a discussion with the Princess?"
"Nope. Didn't think I'd have to."
That made her smile approvingly.
"Good answer. And good for her. WILL you have this talk?"
"Now I will."
"May i ask WHY?"
He looked her in the eye.
"If YOU'RE lookin for a night, Belfast, then odds are they'll be others."
She nodded.
"I see. Very well. Get a definite answer BEFORE we move ANY further."
"Sure thing Belfast. Didn't see THIS'UN coming."
She chuckled as Rias walked out with a refreshed glow.
"MUCH better."
Belfast went in and the redhead flopped beside the warrior in a robe of pink and rested her long legs on the arm rest. She having opted for a midthigh thing that left all of her lovely legs on display and her head by his thigh. He smiled at her and Rias smiled at him.
"I like being near you."
Tyler chuckled at that nonchalant explaination and he rested a hand on her cheek.
"I like being near you too, Rias."
She wriggled down the couch to rest her head on his leg fully now and sighed as she got comfy.
"MUCH better. And now I get why Issei likes this so much."
He smiled at that as he stroked her cheek and her blood red hair fondly.
"I think I like this world."
The redhead smiled at that one as Belfast walked out and he went in. much to Rias' irritation as her comfy perch was disturbed. The warrior took a deep cleaning bath before he walked out and found the two ladies resting on the couch. Belfast having opted for a kimono style robe of blue that seemed about to burst from her massive melons and she had a comb in her silver lockes. Rias was on her back on the couch with her blood red mane strewn around her and her long legs crossed alluringly on the thing. The warrior smiled at the idyllic scene.
"I am REALLY missing my camera right now."
The beauties chuckled at that one as Tyler took his greatsword again. Rias saw this.
"MORE fighting?"
"More grinding. I'm only a level one ya know."
Belfast sighed at that.
"Do be careful."
"Will do. YOU too."
They smiled as he geared up and headed out. Tyler walked into the throne room where Seria was back on her throne with her mother. The blue haired princess smiled warmly as he walked over.
"Hello, Tyler. I saw."
"Hey Seria. I'm working on it."
She nodded with a sweet smile.
"I'll help."
"You already are. MY Princess."
The girl sighed happily at that and Mylissia noted a light in his eye.
"Tyler, do you two need a chat?"
"Ha. Kinda."
Seria blinked, then smiled.
"I knew you'd be visiting when i saw the colors of the magic. Now. Royal Site."
A thin membrane of blue appeared over the Princess, Tyler, and the Queen that eliminated all sound from escaping. Seria then crossed her long legs with an imperiously sexy smile.
"So what is your confession, My hero?"
Tyler laughed at that sexiness!
"Okay. First off? YOU are FAR too good at that sexiness. 2. I LOVE IT. 3. It seems I've become kinda popular and a few ladies are also interested."
Seria pursed her lips thoughtfully.
"So you seek my permission for a harem."
He smiled at her.
"If you're fine with it, that is."
"If I am NOT?"
"I tell em they miss out."
"GOOD answer."
Seria smiled warmly.
"I am fine with lays and beddings as we are NOT a couple yet. When the day comes we ARE, we shall set more concret terms. Just do NOT humilate me in front of the court with your deeds. Are we clear?"
"Azurly clear, Seria. And we are."
"Good. Anything else?"
He hugged her tightly.
"Wann take off for a bit?"
Mylissia smiled at the sudden question as Seria blushed a deep red. Then she smiled shyly.
"The royal gardens are in bloom."
"Never seen royal gardens before. Shall we, my dear princess?"
She smiled as she took his hand.
"We shall my powerful Hero!"
The barrier dropped and Mylissia smirked.
"So you know, Tyler? The gardens are full of Wraiths and VERY bored knights."
"I'll be sure to wave."
Seria slipped her elegant blue heels on and took his arm as they headed for the door.
"Oh here you are, milady!"
Only for a smartly dressed nobleman to approach with a warm smile. Seria sighed at this intrusion.
"Lord Seco, I regret the rudeness, but I am on a stroll with my Hero. Please be courteous."
Tyler looked at her curiously as they got walking again.
"Sooo who is that?"
The blue haired princess smiled as he opened a near 10 foot door one handedly for her.
"Lord Seco. He's the father of another of my suitors. He approaches me on his behalf as is his family's custom."
"Odd custom. If you're after a girl, ya should have the balls to do it yourself."
That made her smile and rest her head on his arm as they walked.
"I rejected the suit as I wish to SEE what my future husband looks like before committing."
"Smart."
Her heels clicked on the stone of the floor as they walked through another massive door into a multiacre garden of every variety of pretty flower and bush one could imagine. Tyler chuckled as Seria led the way through to the entrance for a hedgemaze.
"Seen this in many a fantasy story."
Seria giggled as she walked.
"It's a classic!"
He held her tightly.
"It is indeed!"
Seria smiled happily as they walked. Her dress of blue and yellow clashing with the whites and reds of the hedges quite strikingly while Tyler's darker colors merely made for a shadow.
"Oh. This is one of my favorites!"
The now excited princess led the warrior to an alcove with an enchanted bench where she had him sit down and look at the ceiling of the alcove. the ceiling having been enchanted to look like the night sky and Tyler chuckled at the odd yet cool sight.
"That is SUUUUPER trippy. I like it."
Seria smiled as she looked at the images.
"Yeah. Me too. This is one of the few places I get left utterly alone by everyone."
She sighed now and he hugged her.
"Thank gods you have ME in your corner now, Seria. they make you mad or irritate you, send for me. I'll make em disappear."
She smiled at that.
"I'll count on it."
He then smirked and spun the startled girl around to rest her head on his thigh.
"Better?"
She giggled from her new position.
"Much!"
"Happy to please you Milady Blueberry!"
"Eep!"
"Cute."
She blushed red at the petname and he stroked her blue tresses lovingly, making her smile happily.
"Why me?"
He sighed with a smile.
"Your presence is very soothing for me. I love just how....at ease and.....warm, you make my heart feel Seria. You're gorgeous and so freakin sweet I love it."
She smiled.
"You make me feel safe and are really handsome too! You're so BIG and STRONG and yet gentle too. I love it."
He took her soft hand in his rough one and held it tightly.
"I'll keep you safe, Seria."
"I'll ease your soul, Tyler."
He kissed her hand and she shivered from the romance of the moment. then smiled.
"Mother already warned me about skilled seducers."
"Ha. Good thing cheap tricks don't work on you!"
"Nope! Yer gonna have to work for it!"
He hugged her tightly with a smile.
"I'll overdo it."
"Yay."
The pair laid flat on the bench looking at the enchanted ceiling of their alcove with Seria's head on his chest and him stroking her cheek adoringly. After a few minutes she fell sound asleep there and he smiled at how cute she was. He stroked her beautiful long blue hair adoringly and she smiled in her sleep and snuggled up closer to him and going further into deep sleep. Tyler looked at the ceiling image with a warm smile on his face at the situation.
"I like this."
He settled beside her and fell asleep beside the blue haired princess in the middle of an alcove with an enchanted night's sky overhead.
Tyler opened his eyes a few hours later and found the princess had not moved from her position in the slightest. In fact she'd grasped his hand and pressed it to her chest like a teddybear and he smiled at the image and the feels. He looked out the alcove entrance and noted the sun was still high. I should probably wake her. Not a good idea to sleep all day like this. He squeezed her hand and she yawned hard.
"I'm up."
"Morning Princess."
she squeaked at the soft voice of Tyler beside her before she smiled around a deep blush.
"Morning Tyler. Um, that was comfy."
"Very. we'll cuddle again soon."
She smiled with excitement and relief.
"Yay! I'll head back to the throne room. Mother will want a report."
"Allow me to escort you my dear princess."
She smiled at that as they got off the comfy perch. The duo walked hand in ahdn back to the throne room where Mylissia smirked at them.
"And I was just about to send a search party."
Tyler chuckled.
"Sorry. We were comfy."
Seria giggled at that before she squeaked as he swept her off her feet into a princess cradle.
"Hey! Put me down!"
He carried her up the steps to her throne and sat her in the thing with a smile.
"I'll come for you again soon, Seria."
She smiled warmly.
"I'll be waiting for you, my hero."
He hugged her tightly.
"MY Princess."
She sighed with joy at that and Tyler headed for the door as Mylissia cast a spell for a most indepth report from her daughter. Tyler walked out of the palace heading for the coliseium.
"Withdraw your suit for the Princess."
"No."
He walked away as Lord Seco stepped from beside the door.
"Commoners like you have no business in the palace. Run along now and NEVER stand before the Princess again."
"i'm a hero, prick. YOU stop trying to piss me off."
Seco smirked at this nonchalant warning as the warrior walked away.
"And If i REFUSE?"
"I will HAPPILY burn your entire manor to the ground.....with your family inside it. Go on. PISS off your executioner. RUN FODDER!"
Tyler rounded on him with his eyes starting to turn red and the now scared man wisely walked away. The warrior sighed as he released the rage and got walking.
"Greeeat. the snakes are awake. Eh. Try it I dare ya."
Tyler walked along the streets whistling a tune as he went to the coliseuim for some good blood practice. The circular arena was where he left it and he tilted his head as he reached the sealed gate he USUALLY entered the place through.
"Soooo, how DO you sign up for battles at the arena?"
A familar chuckle was heard beside him.
"There's a fight board by the door man."
Tyler smiled as kirito walked over.
"Oh hey what up Kirito? Grinding?"
The boy in black chuckled as he fistbumped the warrior.
"Just finished my own fight. Took down a grizzly."
"Nice. level up?"
"CLOSE but not yet. Maybe one more good sized bear an I will."
"I'll see what they got. Later man. watch out for snakes."
"Oh I been seein them everywhere. Asuna never leaves her room without her rapier."
"Atta girl."
Tyler walked over to a large board where various people were eyeing takers for bets and stakes. The hulking warrior walked over to the board and a mass of whisper broke out,
"Hey. That's the Berserker."
"I heard he killed ten people in a single fight in a backalley. Ole Hound's crew."
"They say him and the princess are in love. BAstard."
"The Leader of the Heroes? Looking for an Arena fight? You, inform the Princess."
Tyler chuckled at that one as he looked at the offerings.....when one got his attention. And a long, slow smile spread across his face as he looked at the three foot wide poster.
"A tyrant. A T-rex. Oh I cannot pass this up!"
He took the bill for the tyrant and a silence fell across the area. A woman sat in a booth nearby and she smirked as he presented the bill to her.
"The Berserker seeks face the Maneater. Ha. If you win, the payout is 50,000 gold."
"Anything I oughta know NOW bout fightin in there?"
"Gooooo crazy."
"Ha."
A rattling of chains was heard and an immense steel portcullis rose up by the warrior and the attendant flicked a finger at it.
"Go put on a show."
Tyler walked into the arena and the instant his unmistakable greatsword was seen a mass of excited screaming broke out from the packed solid stands. Tyler smiled as he looked at the 150,000 capacity stands when he spotted Rias' blood red tresses among them. That one made him chuckle before he spotted Seria taking her seat of honor in her box in clean view of the warrior and he waved at her. The gate dropped behind him and he cracked his neck as an announcer's voice was heard.
"Ladies and Gentlemen we have a TREAT for you! This very day the Berserker, Leader of the Hero faction, Suitor of the Princess, and he of the Soul Killer Slayer ability has elected to face.....THE MANEATER! Place your bets! Berserker! Do you have words?"
Tyler drew his sword and leaned on it as the arena went DEAD silent.
"For you, MY princess Seria."
An earthshaking bellow of rage went up from the other side of the arena as a 25 foot tall 75 foot long tyrannosaurus rex came TEARING out of the door at the other end. The immense theropod was a deep black with blood red stripes along it's frame. The beast's near 6 foot jaws were crisscrossed in old scars and wounds while one of it's arms was missing. The thing roared at the lone hero facing it and Tyler flipped it off.
"YOU are MY prey. GET OVER HERE!"
The rex charged with 10 foot strides that set the sandy floor to rippling from the weight of the animal. Tyler charged it head on as well with his greatsword at the side and the safety flipped on his gauntlets. Maneater lunged at the boy with jaws agape and Tyler leapt to the side att he last POSSIBLE second,
"FIREBOLT!"
And sent his sapphire blue spell into the beast's nostril. The effect hitting it in it's EXTREMELY sensitive nose and the beast recoiled in agony while a small bang was heard. A grappling hook was seen piercing the skin on the back of the dinosaur and Tyler was pulled up onto the beast's back from the force of the recoil. Tyler smiled as he lifted his greatsword high and stabbed the weapon into the skull of the animal....and the blade snapped on impact. There was a metallic clinking soudn as the sword snapped clean at the hilt and he was left with nothing. This development granted the rex the opportunity to throw him off and he hit the ground heavily but was back on his feet the next instant. He had a scowl of anger on his face as he unflicked his lance.
"That sword was tampered with. Okay. You wanna play dirty I'll play fucking dirty."
The rex lunged at him again and Tyler grabbed a hold of still attached grappling hook and as the rex missed he was swung through the air and up INTO the air as the cable let go. Tyler had his lance in his hands and he growled.
"FIREBOLT!"
The rex dodged the fireball but put itself in perfect position for the lance to pierce the skull plate and Tyler hit the ground with the head of the dead animal before him and a dust cloud rising from the planting with authority. He then took the hilt of the sword and the shattered plate before he sighed. The core's rusted out. A spell was cast when I met that fuck. He looked to the stunned Seria and waved with a smirk at her and she smiled proudly at the victory. Then he spotted lord Secor beside her and the SECOND grapple was fired from his gauntlet and the warrior was swingung up into the princess' box where he pounced on the stunned Secor.
"Did you REALLY think you could get ME killed by a T-REX?"
The lord sputtered.
"Unhand me at once you BRUTE! I do not know what you're talking about."
"That's fine. I already know what happened."
Mylissia appeared from another box with a bemused smirk.
"Explain Tyler."
He tossed her the hilt.
"That thing's core is rotted out like an old tree."
She looked.
"A spell of rust. A BANNED smithing spell."
Tyler pinned the Lord and took his Status plate.
"Thief give that back!"
"Shut up."
He passed the Plate to the queen and she used her power to open it.
"The spell is present. It seems YOU finally overextended, Secor."
The man smirked.
"HAve I? Do I inform the court of your.....tastes...milady?"
"Hey. asshole."
"Do be quite my meniual friend. YOUR suit for MY princess is null. Lest the queen lose all her respect with the court that is."
Tyler snorted.
"idiot. I'll tell one of MY favorite sayings."
The princess and the queen looked at him intensely now as Tyler let the man up. Secor still wore his smug smirk.
"Do go on."
"It is better to be feared then loved, if one cannot be both."
Tyler let a length of cable out of his gauntlet as he explained.
"A saying from one of my world's wisemen. One I took to heart. Being loved is all well and good, and don't get me wrong is a truly beautiful thing. But some do not deserve such a blessing. Some people can only be ruled through fear, pain, and DARKNESS. Seria is a kindhearted and VERY loving girl. She would no doubt make an excellent queen in a few years. And an even better wife."
He smiled at her and she gasped at the hint before the warrior's eyes returned to the now uneasy Secor.
"But. There is a fundamental problem with a kindhearted queen. NOBODY takes them seriously. Sometimes, for TRUE change, peace, any REAL differences to be made, one must reach to the DARK ONES."
Secor was pounced on as he tried to run and Tyler tied the cable around his neck before he dragged the screaming man to the edge of the box.
"My Dear Seria is a princess of Light and kindness. I am a MONSTER of EVIL and PAIN. And for the CRIME OF MAKING HER SAD, YOU WILL HANG FROM THE NECK UNTIL I RIP YOUR HEAD OFF!"
Tyler kicked the man off the balcony that was no fewer then 150 feet off the ground. Secor screamed in desperation as he tried to keep the rope from going taut and killing him...only for Tyler to merely let the rope go like he was fishing. Secor plummeted to the ground before Tyler gave a mighty yank on the steely cable. there was a snapping sound along with a tearing cloth sound as Secor's head was sliced clean off his body. The detached cranium flew up high and Tyler caught the thing by the hair. He held it high as the blood and viscera fell.
"This will be mounted on a pike. The rest burned. You WILL learn to fear the DEMON that prowls behind the Princess's suntouched throne! Or you WILL be made to fear the DEMON she CALLS HER HERO! Do I make myself clear?!"
There was a dead silence in the arena and the city at the barbaric display and Tyler smirked.
"I said, DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"
And like that the city had a waterfall of oaths and promises. He nodded.
"GOOD sheep. Princess, they are yours."
Mylissia applauded the display with a proud slowness.
"Well done, Tyler. VERY. WELL DONE."
"You think I'm kidding."
"I DON'T. Which is what makes it so impactful."
A spear was procured and the head of Secor was indeed mounted upon it by the main entry to the colisuem. Seria then looked at Tyler with serious eyes.
"You are the Dark One of the family?"
"Of OUR family. It will be ME that keeps these idiots at bay, Seria. To get to you, they, have to FIRST, get through me. I DARE YOU TO TRY."
She smiled and hugged him.
"MY hero!"
"MY princess."
Mylissia smirked.
"And WIFE?"
"In time. Go big or go home."
"I love it. And Secor's holdings?"
"Are now property of the state. Any bitch they get a spike."
"I'll teach Seria the light side of ruling. YOU deal with the darkness."
"The Blue Queen and the Dark king."
"exactly. Oh. You won your fight."
"I know."
He leapt off the balcony to swing to the carcass of the rex where he retrieved his lance from teh skull and struck a pose atop the thing in full view of the crowd.
"NEXT!"
They broke out into a mass of cheering as the warrior leapt down and headed for the exit. He glowed a moment pulled his status plate out.
"Oh yeah. Level 2! I got 25 points to place!"
He put the thing away and the attendant in the booth smirked as she slid the pouch of gold over.
"50,000. The animal be yours to claim as well, MY LORD."
"Alright. I'll go see an elf about an upgrade."
He walked away as Rias appeared from an alcove with a smirk.
"YOU are a BADASS."
"Awww thanks!"
"HA."
The redhead followed as he went through the city.
"So, an elf huh?"
"She's a blacksmith I met yesterday. Name's Heilia."
"She pretty?"
"Very. her hair's red, gold, and with black highlights."
"Oh that's different. Her ears?"
"Are tipped like spearpoints."
The redhead smirked at that one as they walked through the city.
"Looks like you have your own harem!"
"Ha. Not really. Seria's the one I'm after."
"And Belfast?"
"Not sure if she's in love or wants a night."
He shrugged as they crossed a bridge over a canal into the sought for part of the city. Rias smiled.
"I passed a warning along to the rest of the heroes about tampering."
"Smart. That prick made the mistake of not getting all my weaponry. Plus i was fighting a T-rex."
"That was an epic fight."
"Thank you. there is NO ONE that knows those types a creatures like I do."
Rias chuckled as he led the way to the smithy. Heila was polishing a mace at her counter and she smiled as the warrior walked in.
"Lord Tyler! I saw the battle with the Maneater. Need a new sword?"
"And to see a pretty elf."
She blushed to her ear tips with a smile.
"Hurray for us both then."
He chuckled and patted Rias beside him, much to her irritation.
"This is Rias. She's in my hero crew as well."
"Prick."
Heilia squeaked as she looked at the redheaded beauty.
"Oh my GOODNESS. YOu are a GODDESS Lady Rias!"
The redhead smiled at the sheer awe in Heilia's eyes.
"Thank you. I'm not interested in ladies however."
"Oooh BOO. I love beautiful redheads!"
Rias smiled at her disappointment.
"Appreciate the flattery. if I ever get curious, I'll remember you."
"OOOH I'd NEVER forget YOU!"
Rias blushed at THAT vehment vow and declaration from the slender elf.
"Uh, well, thank you, Heilia."
Tyler smiled as Rias was now VERY uneasy with the feelings packed into Heilia's eyes as she smiled at the redheaded beauty and the fact she was blushing like a schoolgirl. The elven smith smiled as she let the blushing beauty off the hook.
"I'll be here for you Rias."
"Thanks Heila."
Now grateful to be let off the hook, the redhead looked to the warrior as he set the sword on the counter. Heilia smiled.
"I can reforge the hilt if you like, Tyler."
"Thanks Heilia. I'd like a full upgrade for it though."
"Sure. Same size?"
"exact. it's a perfect fit for my hands."
"Sure. Alright. it won't be cheap, but you knew that. I have several metals and materials on hand right now. Silverite, Blurite, Azurite, and a few scales from a wyvern."
Tyler frowned.
"How much for a wyvern sword?"
The elf chuckled.
"It'd cost the full 50,000. And is the highest tier I have you can afford."
"Ah. Azurite?"
"An ice blue metal preenchanted with ice effects. The metal is imbued with ice magics right from the forge and if in a weapon, adds ice damage, armor, reduces. you get the idea."
"Alright. I also have the tyrant to work with."
"Lucky. I'll use some of the tyrant to reduce hilt costs. Right now it's a 32,000 gold job and will be ready in the morning."
"Armor?"
"Would be out of your price range after."
"Makes sense. I'll need a better outfit but I can use the tyrant for it."
Rias looked at him.
"Your lance?"
"Is still in good condition surprisingly. Plus I'll go pick another backalley brawl and see what I can get for loot."
"I'll go with you. Backup."
"Sure. Be kinda cool tearing it up with you."
Hielia smiled as she finished drawing the design for the greatsword.
"I'll get right on it Lord tyler."
"Pay upfront or on completion?"
"Upfront please. As I use it for the work."
He paid the elf from the pouch and noted the coins came in 1, 5, 10, 100, and 1,000 varients for easy large scales payments. That brought him down to 20,550 and he headed to see about a better outfit with Rias strutting beside him.
"Well aren't YOU a big spender!"
"Mad it's not spent on YOU?"
"Arrogant PRICK."
"That a NO?"
"UGH. maybe."
"ha."
He chuckled at her irritation as they found a general store a few streets down. The place sat on a street corner and the friends walked into the place to see Akeno and a few friends looking at different things around the place. The shopkeeper was another pretty elven lady with golden hair and bright blue eyes that shown as she greeted the newcomers.
"Welcome Heroes to my shop! I am Aqua! How can i assist?"
Tyler walked over with a smile.
"I need a better outfit for this adventuring thing."
Her sparkling blue eyes lit up even more at that!
"I see, i see! It'd be an honor! Material?"
"Tyrant leather?"
"I saw that bout on a spell. Most impressive. I'll put the order for the material in soon as i get paid! I'll need measurements and a design!"
He used a magical interface since his drawing skills sucked and Aqua nodded once she saw the finished product.
"Most intimidating. This will cost 5,000 and will be ready in a few hours time."
"Thanks Aqua."
He got measured and paid the lady. Akeno came siddling over with a smile on her face.
"Hello there!"
He chuckled at this most seductive of girls.
"Hey Akeno. What's up?"
She smiled and pounced on him for a heavy hug.
"Just wanted this!"
He chuckled at that one as she hugged him tightly and shoved his face into her massive rack.
"Appreciated. And DAMN lady."
He extracted himself from her embrace and Akeno leered at him teasingly.
"Not interested?"
"Ha. Seductive teasing FLIRT."
"Teehee!"
"wow, Rias. She's cuter then Asia when she does that."
"Hey!"
"Oh my hell she is! how cute Akeno!"
"Sister I will GET YOU."
Tyler smiled at that one and patted the purple haired beauty like a kid sister.
"Adorable Akeno."
She smiled sweetly and the faint sound of electricity was heard around her and Asia appeared for her own hug. Tyler smiled at the friendly blonde and Akeno sighed as she was let off the hook. Rias chuckled and the warrior looked at her.
"We'll go pick our fight and relax for a bit."
"Sure."
Aqua smiled.
"I'll send a runner when it's ready."
"Thanks Aqua."
The duo left the shop and Tyler led the way to a dingy alley four streets down and a chuckle was heard from a wall.
"Lookin for somethin Berserker?"
Tyler chuckled as he unflicked his lance.
"Looking for some blood sport."
"We DO have a fight club as you said. Invite only. These lads'll be more an happy to amuse you though."
A group of 15 streetthugs appeared from various unseen doorways and Rias hefted her staff.
"This is going to be quick."
Tyler had his shield up with the lance.
"Yup."
The fight was on and Rias tapped her staff.
"Firebolt."
her spell was a bright blue that matched Tyler's spell to perfection nd the result was 5 men set alight. Tyler had ran two through the middle,
"Firebolt."
His blue spell hit four more. That left three and they were skewered with the spear. Tyler then looked their weapons over while Rias looted their pockets. The warrior came up with a slightly curved cutlass 4 feet long and sighed.
"I guess that this'll work for what I need. Alright."
He shrugged and Rias came over with a smile.
"they had 500 gold on them."
"even split."
They left the alley and Tyler sheathed the slasher style weapon on his belt.
"I don't think I like it."
"It doesn't look as good on you as the greatsword."
"We'll figure it out."
The duo returned to the room to find it empty. Rias smiled.
"I call first bath!"
"don't fall in please."
She glared at him indignantly for that as she went into the bath. Tyler went onto the balcony and smiled as he looked out over the city.
"I like this world."
Rias came over beside him then with a smile of her own.
"Me too. But remember we're supposed to be at war."
"I know. I've been expecting a visit from a Drakin since we got here. Once i get a chance to talk to one I'll have an idea of just WHAT we're dealing with. But for now,"
He looked out over the city and smiled fondly.
"For now, I'm enjoying life."
Rias smiled as she looked as well. Her blood red mane drifting lightly in the breeze behind her while her robe added a layer of sexiness to the image he kinda liked. Tyler smiled and went back inside for his own bath. He deep cleaned himself and when he walked out a runner was speaking to Rias with his new outfit. The kid got a 100 gold tip and he ran out smiling and happy he got to see Rias up close in her bathrobe. The redhead passed him the bundle.
"Scary timing."
"Thanks Rias."
She smiled at that and the warrior set the bundle on a bearu.
"Big reveal in the morning?"
"Pretty much. My new greatsword'll be ready in dah morning too so."
He shrugged and laid on the couch. Rias smiled as she sat by his head when he blinked.
"Oh yeah. I leveled up."
He brought his Status Plate out and opened his numbers.
"Okay. Strength is 45, Defense is 200, Stamina is 250, Vitality is 300, Agiltiy is 10, Dexterity is 10, Intelligence is 500, Mana is 10, Magic is ten, Magic DEFENSE is 10. Hmm. I got 25 points to work with. I'll pop 5 into strength, 5 into mana, magic, and magic defense. I got 50 strength, 15 mana, 15 magic, 15 magic defense. Alright."
He applied the points and smiled as his Status bar emptied.
"Alright. I'll see what the difference is tomorrow."
Rias smirked and slid the chessboard over.
"Sure."
The pair went a few rounds on the board with more then a few games going to king on king stalemate. Belfast walked in as the last game ended and the silver haired beauty smiled as she saw the pair relaxing on the couch.
"Hello Dears."
"Hey Belfast."
"Hey Belfast. An agreement has been made."
She smiled warmly with a glint of excitement in her blue eyes.
"How fortunate. Never mention a word."
"Agreed. Would you like some help with that mane?"
She smiled warmly as she sat on the couch.
"I appreciate the offer. And am sated for the evening."
"Just give the nod."
She smiled and Rias yawned after their last game.
"Jerial'll walk in....now."
The door opened and their maid friend came in with their dinner. she smiled as the girls chuckled.
"I am quite predictable."
The friends had a good meal together before they all readied for bed. Rias smirked as she laid in the bed on the other side of Belfast.
"I DO NOT want to feel the bed bouncing."
The pair chuckled at that one as they settled down. Tyler was shirtless on his side of the bed and Belfast was in a sheer nightgown as she relaxed beside him. He looked at her curiously.
"Cuddles?"
She smiled and rested her head on his chest.
"I rather like this spot."
He smiled at the odd feeling of being her pillow and stroked her logn silver hair soothingly. Belfast smiled warmly as she relaxed from the petting and in a mere few seconds was sound asleep. Tyler kept petting her hair and Rias smiled at him from her spot.
"I'm jealous."
"I do have another arm, Rias."
"Maybe."



MORE TRAINING AND MORE GRINDING.
DAY 4
GOLD: 15,550.
THURSDAY.




Tyler didn't dream that night and slept deeply. when next he opened his eyes he was faced with Belfast's sleeping face beside him on the bed and his arms around her waist while hers were holding him around the chest. Her face was right across from his own to the point he could feel her soft breath on his face. Tyler smiled as he saw this and Belfast smiled as she opened her eyes.
"Good morning Tyler. You didn't have a nightmare?"
"Nope. That's how it usually is."
She smiled and he held her to him.
"And this was nice."
The silver haired maid smiled knowingly as she leaned in his ear.
"NEVER speak a word. And we will cuddle again."
"I promise Belfast."
"Then let us awaken properly."
He smiled and the pair got out of bed. Rias sat up with a yawn and a smirk as the silver haired maid went into the bath and she joined her. Tyler went about his morning warmups before the ladies came out and he went in for his own bath. Once clean the warrior got dressed in his new attire before walking out. Rias and Belfast were inspecting a wrapped package a runner had delivered to the room when the thudding bootsteps inspired them to turn around. Rias whistled while Belfast had a flustered smile on her face.
"Oh damn."
"Oh my. I fear for my next actions."
Tyler's leather jacket and battered jeans had been replaced with a tight fitting undershirt that hid his chainmail perfectly while his overshirt was his scalemail. Over this he wore a ankle length tyrant leather jacket of black and red scales. The garment being far lighter then it appeared to be while also being tougher. The warrior had black jean-like pants on with high quality boots. On his hands were a pair of fingerless gloves while his grapple gauntlets were left in place. He chuckled at their expressions.
"I kinda ripped off Kirito's look."
Rias chuckled at that.
"YOU do it better."
"I'll be sure to rub it in."
He then took the 6 foot long wrapped bundle and tore it open. It was his greatsword. The thing was now a beautiful shade of blue that matched Seria's hair to perfection while also being perfectly balanced. The weapon had a 9 inch wide blade with twin edges while straight as a die. It narrowed to a vicious tip while the crossgaurd was shaped like spikes along with the pommel. Tyler whistled as he hefted the immense warsword.
"THAT is a LITTLE scary. it weighs less then half of my old sword."
He hung it on his back with the rest of his equipment and the friends had breakfast together in the room. Once fed they headed for the throne room....where all activity stopped on Tyler's appearance. Seria gasped from her position on her throne at the dark image he presented.
"You look intense Tyler!"
The warrior smiled as he hugged his princess.
"You look beautiful Seria. As always."
She smiled at that one before he bundled her in the coat.
"Wow. Warm in here."
He held her tightly.
"We should take a day sometime, Seria."
She smiled happily from inside her coccoon.
"We will."
"I'll go put on another show."
"I'll watch."
He let her from the jacket and she shivered as if cold when he did.
"Wow. Now I'm cold."
The court smiled at that as the warrior went to where Rias was smiling with Belfast.
"Make it known Tyler."
"Absolutely, Rias. Alright we good?"
They nodded and took off on theor jog for the coliseum. Tyler keeping pace with ease in his new coat and Belfast smiled as she kept pace. The friends reached the arena and were again among the first there. Victoria smirked as she saw the warrior in black approach.
"You leveled up yesterday Tyler. I can tell. Present your Status Plate."
He passed it over and the captain tilted her head.
"All your points went into Strength and magic? An odd choice for a pure melee fighter. Your reasoning?"
Tyler smiled.
"I'm shooting for all rounder with emphasis on defense."
"Ah. An interesting design. i admit this. So you will seek to level out your stats. A sound strategy. when you level up, I'll request you present your numbers so we may gauge the strength of the heroes."
"Sure."
she then noted his new sword.
"Ah! Azurite? A fine choice for a sword. My own longsword I wield on adventures is Azurite. Merely run a piece of ice along it to sharpen the weapon Tyler. Works better then any whetstone."
"Neat trick."
Tyler looked over to the entrance to the coliseium when he had a thought and looked at Belfast.
"So what happened to Javelin?"
The maid sighed.
"She is deeply disturbed by Issei. He has been given his own room in the palace but prior was her room mate. She is doing better though."
"Unicorn?"
"SHE has an entire battlion of Wraiths protecting her as Queen Mylissia adores her. I fear a kidnapping is in her future."
Tyler smiled.
"I'll ask Mylissia a favor. See if Seria would like a sister."
Belfast smiled warmly at the idea.
"I will discuss this with Sister Illustrious. as I agree."
Tyler chuckled at that as the rest of the heroes arrived before he frowned.
"Annnd the same set of idiots are missing from yesterday while some that WERE missing are here."
Victoria nodded.
"Some were gifted spells of Navigation as they have a VERY poor sense of direction. and i see those idiots are again missing. I found them trying to enter their third brothel of the morning.....on credit if you can believe the tale."
Tyler just slumped at this.
"Oh my ACHING head. How DESPERATE to you have to be to BARTER then a DOVE?"
Rias nodded with a new look of concern and Tyler saw it. So he looked at Victoria.
"Issei?"
The knight captain grimaced.
"HE is not PERMITTED access to the brothels until he earns the blessing of the Queen. Seems he is a most disgusting Pleasurer indeed."
Rias smiled in relief at this news and Tyler patted her reassuringly before the heroes squared off with their knights. Tyler smiling as he dueled with a pair of shortsword shielders and found his greatsword easier to wield and more comfortable in the hand as he swung it. He lost the bout though. The twin shielders pinned him between their shields and stabbed him with their swords in unison. Tyler frowned at this sound defeat and Victoria nodded as she saw no sign of him going into a rage.
"A sound and valid defeat is accepted. Anything less sets him off. You lost due to your sword's inherient size."
Tyler smiled as he hung the greatsword on his back and took up his spot on the magic line."
"I'll git em next time."
The manniquins were set destroyed by his magic as he used the more powerful red blasts instead of his lesser blue. They trained until noon where the knight captain nodded.
"Good. Tomorrow will be a survival training session in the nearby Wilder Forest with the garrison's rangers. Rest well and bring your walkin boots. MAGGOTS. DIIIIIISMISS!"
Tyler waved at Seria in her box as was his routine before he went to the board for fighting in the coliseium and the attendant smiled as he went to the board.
"You know what to do Berserker."
Tyler chuckled at that as he looked at the board when one got his attention.
"Kill a Swamp tyrant?"
The attendant brought up an image of a monstrous alligator 50 feet long, 7 feet tall, and with near 10 foot long jaws. Tyler whistled as he saw the image.
"Reward is 35,000 gold? I'll do it."
He took it and the attandant waved him into the arena. Tyler blinked once he was inside the arena. Where it had been a sandy floored, open air arena not fifteen minutes prior, it was now a dense tropical swamp complete with humidity, disgusting water around his ankles, and towering trees that added an amlost creepy ambience to the area.
"That's new. But hey makes sense. Gator don't exactly live in a desert after all."
The Announcer was heard around him now.
"Ladies and gentlemen! We have another treat for you today! The Mighty Berserker seeks to swim with the Swamp King! Place bets and let's see how he survives this one!"
Tyler chuckled at that and started walking through the swamp. It being surprisingly loud considering the fact it was a magical construct. Bird calls, animal roars, insects humming, and even the sound of running water was heard all around the warrior as he sought a bdy of water large enough to conceal such an immense predator. It did not not take long for him to step onto the edge of a surprisingly large lake in the middle of the landlocked coliseum. The thing was easily 100 meters wide with plenty of depth for such an immense predator to hunt from. Tyler looked out into the muddy water before a grand log drifting along the surface got his attention. The log a slate grey and easily 20 feet long, but Tyler smirked.
"Gotchya."
Thank god I'm into reptiles. Now how in the blue hell am I gonna get you on shore? He reviewed his tools and tricks before he decided on a classic. The wily warrior limped along the shore of the lake in full view of the log and after a few minutes the log sank beneath the surface of the water. Tyler watched as a slight ripple appeared on the surface of the water from the unseen leviathan swimming towards him. Guess the lake isn't as deep as it seemed. perfect. He limped along the ground with expressions of evident pain and exhaustion on his face to bait the predator with it's own instincts. The ripple was maybe 40 feet from him at this point and Tyler stopped to rest with his back to the water panting tiredly. That was when all hell broke loose.
There was a sudden explosion of splashing water and the sound of something big lunging from the water. Tyler dove to the side, narrowly dodging the jaws of a monster of an alligator. The leathery monster was covered in old wounds but still had all of it's teeth in the wide jaws that characterized it's species. The warrior smirked as he fired a grapple hook into the soft flesh under the jaw of the reptile and the gator hissed as it threw itself into a FEROCIOUS roll. Which Tyler allowed to happen but for the running of his grapple cable. The gator got NIIIIIICE and tangled in the strong cable before it stopped rolling from the realization it couldn't open it's jaws anymore. This discovery inspired it to throw it's body weight into yanking on the cable. Which only served to pull Tyler into a perfect position with his greatsword to stab the thing in the side of it's massive skull. The gator hissed like a car tire before it dropped to the ground dead as a doornail and the swamp evaporated as an illusion to leave the combatants in the middle of the sandy arena. Tyler was seen sitting atop the head of his latest kill and he waved at Seria in her box. The Princess smiled proudly at this newest feat as the warrior then got to work untangling the cable from the animal. Then he returned to the attendant, who slid a pouch to him.
"Not bad Berserker. 35,000 and the animal."
"I'll go see what else I can do."
He headed to see Heilia and opened his Status Plate.
"Hm, only a quarter filled. Leveling is a pain in the ass alright."
He put the thing away as he walked into Heilia's smithy and the friendly elf smiled.
"Lord Tyler. I saw the battle with the swamp king. VERY clever work!"
He chuckled as he walked up.
"Thanks Heilia. So I'm looking for better armor."
A new twinkle appeared in her eyes at this.
"I see, I see! I have enough Azurite for scalemail. 35,000."
"And a chainmail vest for UNDER it all?"
She blinked at this and he lifted his other shirt.
"Oh my. That is clever indeed. I do. And would cost another 15,000."
"Quality isn't cheap. Here."
He paid her upfront and the elf smiled.
"They will be ready in a few hours."
"I'll go pick another fight."
Heila smiled at that as he walked out. Tyler returned to the coliseium and the same attendant smirked as he approached.
"That bored?"
"Kinda broke."
"Idiot."
Tyler looked at the offerings on the board before he saw one that made him tilt his head.
"A Gurgan?"
The attendant nodded.
"A member of the ogre family. 10 feet tall with stone for skin. They're monsters."
He took the thing down.
"Payout's 7,500. Makes sense."
He walked into the arena, and the crowd burst into wild roars at his appearance. His opponent came charging out of the second door to the arena only for Tyler to take it down with a single, well placed slice from his sword. The grey beast dropped to the ground and Tyler frowned at the easy victory.
"That's it?"
He shrugged and got his 7,500 gold payout before looking at the board again. The attendant chuckled.
"Don't go TOO crazy Berserker. Seen more an a few warriors die in there from that."
He blinked at that warning and smiled ruefully as he walked away.
"Fair enough."
He went back to the palace where he found Seria sitting on her throne with her mother. The Princess smiled as he approached.
"Hello my Hero."
He hugged her in his coat.
"MY Seria."
She shivered with a smile and he held her tightly.
"Wanna take off again?"
Seria smiled sweetly.
"Sure!"
Mylissia chuckled as she pulled her heels on.
"Oh go on dear. The Wraiths are watching."
Seria smiled as she snuggled under Tyler's coat.
"I'll show you another of my favorites!"
"Lead the way Milady Blueberry."
"Hey!"
He chuckled at her still sexy as hell pout as they walked through the palace. Seria had a happy smile on her face as she led him to an upper floor of the palace that had a single window looking out over the city. The beautiful blue haired princess led her hero to the window where she smiled.
"Never reveal a word."
"Yes Seria."
She beamed and pulled on a small knob set beside the window. A click was heard before the window slid to the side to reveal a secret balcony looking out over the city with enchanted heated floors, railings, and the balcony was invisible from the outside. Seria had a happy smile as she went over to an enchanted bench and sat on it.
"I can usually be found here if I'm not in the throne room or in my chambers."
Tyler sat beside her and she was quick to lay her head on his lap with a comfy sigh. The warrior patted her fondly.
"I'll be sure to drop in then."
She smiled warmly.
"Yay!"
"Your chambers too?"
She blushed at the unsaid.
"My lessons are proceeding well and I like what I'm learning. In time."
He took her hand in his with a smile.
"I'll be here."
"ME too."
He laid flat beside her on the bench and it seemed like they were snuggling on a bed from how comfy the bench was. Seria smiled happily as they watched the couds go by.
"Hey, Tyler?"
"What's up?"
She rested her head on his shoulder.
"Will we marry?"
He smiled.
"We will in time. I'm only 15 you know."
She sat bolt upright at that one.
"YOU'RE only 15 years?"
He looked at her curiously.
"Um, yeah? I thought I told you?"
Seria had a new look of shock and utter relief on her face at this news.
"Oh thank the gods. Mother will relax a little. She feared you were a venerable 300 seeking the hand of a mere 15 year. Yay!"
She snuggled back up against him and he just rubbed her belly lovingly, making her blush.
"You are too damned cute sometimes Seria. i love it."
She smiled through her blush before the relaxing princess yawned like a cat and closed her sapphire eyes.
"We're safe up here as no one but me and Mother knows this exists."
"I'll keep you safe."
"I know."
He opened his coat up more and she snuggled inside without hesitating. Tyler smiled as she got comfy before the pair fell asleep on the bench on a balcony easily 5,000 feet off the ground.
Tyler woke first as usual and found Seria had rolled in her sleep to rest her head on his chest and he'd wrapped her in his arms like a blanket. She was a very warm girl and he loved her it felt having her sleeping on him. He stroked her long sapphire blue hair adoringly and she smiled in her sleep at the petting and he leaned in her ear.
"You are MY princess, Seria. And you make my heart glow when we're together."
She woke with a shiver and a sigh.
"You are MY hero, Tyler. You make my heart sing when we're together."
He held her tightly and Seria rested her head on his shoulder with a smile.
"Mother wants it to be big."
"I'll do whatever I can."
"ME too. And...my heart is falling."
"Mine too."
She looked him in the eyes with a smile and he smiled back at her. the princess shivered as she had an idea and the warrior saw it.
"When you want it."
She smiled and pressed her head to his chest.
"Don't die out there, Tyler. Please."
He nodded as he held her.
"Don't get caught in there. Please."
"I won't."
Tyler smiled happily at her and he held her tightly. Then she sighed.
"I must return."
"Ahhh play hookie for a day!"
"Hookie?""
"Bail and hang with me all day."
She laughed at that idea.
"Oh dear! I fear you might be a bad influence!"
"Oh the worst. Come on!"
Seria laughed as he swept her up in a cradle.
"Ooooh okay! What'll we do?"
He smirked and flipped the safeties off his gauntlets.
"I'll so ya something."
She gulped! he leapt off the edge of the balcony and she screamed in shock at this as the first grappel embedded itself in the stone and they were swinging through the air. Seria had Tyler in a stranglehold as they swung from hook to hook around the palace. Her scream of shock and fear turned to howls of exileration as he had them zipping around a high tower of the palace and she pointed a balcony out.
"That's my chamber balcony!"
He landed on it and she was shaking from the sudden thrillride but smiling widely.
"That was incredible Tyler! Never have I felt such a rush!"
He chuckled as he retracted his grapples.
"I'll teach ya how sometime. For now we'll head to the hedges. I kinda liked that Alcove."
Seria smiled at this.
"I'll change then. And you may see my chambers."
"I'll be sure to sneak in a time or two."
"Oh dear. DON'T get caught. I'd hate to have to hang you for a mere night's cuddles."
He chuckled at that distinct possibility as they walked into the room. Seria's royal chambers were much like her. Bright, open, blue, comfy and soothing to be in. She had clothes strewn around the room and he chuckled at the number of soft fur panties laying all over the place and the princess blushed as she saw them.
"I like feeling fresh."
"I like you."
"Please don't say anything."
"I promise I won't."
She sighed with relief as he noted her bed was messy and massive. Seria went to a line of mannquins looking at varying dresses and gowns before she sighed. Tyler looked at her curiously.
"You okay?"
She smiled sheepishly.
"I'm fine. Just tired of wearing the same thing every day. Dresses, gowns, robes, you get the idea."
He smiled at her.
"Well, what do you WANT to wear?"
Seria blushed with a smile.
"Well, the outfit your friend Rias has."
"Why can't you?"
"I'm a princess. I have to set example."
"no you don't."
She blinked at this and Tyler held her warmly.
"You're the Princess. And more importantly MY girlfriend, Seria. If you wanna walk around naked go for it. Anyone says anything I'll cut them in half."
Seria smled at this idea.
"Girlfriend?"
"Another word for couple."
"I like it. and....is this a commiting?"
He smiled at her new nervousness.
"I am committed to you, Seria."
She let out a small gasp of shock before smiling.
"I am committed to you, Tyler. We're a courting couple now. And i couldn't be happier!"
He held her tightly.
"Shall we have our chat now?"
She smiled in the embrace.
"You may still lay and hire Doves. So long as I am not shamed in front of the court for your antics."
"Alright. If they fall?"
"If a fall occurs, remember you are MY hero."
"Yes Seria."
She giggled at that one before looking up at him with a smile.
"I'll talk to Rias about a better wardrobe. For the time being, I think I'll wear this one."
She took a shorter gown of red that left her back exposed and smiled at him.
"Care to aid me?"
"Absolutely."
She blushed as he unlaced her dress and it was removed. Seria stood there in a pair of tiger fur panties while her large breasts were on full display. He whistled at the sight of the nearly naked princess.
"You are GORGEOUS, Seria. I love it."
She smiled with pride as he helped her step into the gown.
"Thank you. Never a word."
He smiled as he laced it up and hugged her from behind.
"You either."
She smiled at this as he pressed his face into her soft skin by her shoulder. Her face turned red and the couple stood there a moment enjoying the feeling before the princess led him out of the chamber and into the hedgemaze on the ground. The alcove was still there and the pair laid on the enchanted bench looking at the night sky roof. Seria was bundled neatly in his coat and she had her face on his chest as they relaxed. The pair fell asleep like that in the alcoveand stayed asleep for a good few hours. Tyler woke first again and smiled as he saw Seria asleep beside him on the bench with his coat wrapped around her like a blanket. His arms were threaded around her waist while hers were pressed into his back. He smiled at her sleeping face. I might have just fallen in love with the princess. He smiled at that one and Seria woke then with a squeaking yawn. Her blue eyes were full of an inner sparkle of joy as she looked at him.
"Morning Tyler."
"Morning Sparkles."
She snuggled against him like an affectionate cat and he stroked her soft blue hair lovingly. Then she looked over his shoulder to the outside world.
"Oh dear. The sun is setting."
"I guess we're that kinda cuddler couple. Come on."
She smiled as he took her hand.
"We will do this again, Tyler."
"Absolutely. I love how I feel around you."
"I love how I feel with you too. And we will need explain our absence to Mother."
"We were having fun."
That made her smile as they walked into the palace.
"I was indeed."
They walked to the throne where Mylissia was smirking knowingly at them.
"Oh THERE you two are. Seria, sweetie, we need words. YOU. Disappear."
"ha. I'll see you tomorrow, Seria."
She smiled as she stood by her mother.
"I'll see you tomorrow, Tyler. I had fun."
"Me too."
He left and headed up to his room where he found Belfast enjoying the tanning on the balcony while Rias was nowhere to be seen. the silver haired maid smiled as the warrior hung his sword on a peg.
"Rias is with her friends for the evening."
Tyler smiled as he looked at the naked lady on the balcony.
"Seria does not want to be shamed in front of the court. So secret."
Belfast nodded gravely as she rose from the lawn chair style tanning couch.
"Agreed. And never brag."
"You can and agreed."
Belfast smiled eagerly now as she walked over. Her massive bust needing no support while her slit was bare. Her skin was silky smooth and unmarked as she led the warrior to the bath. Tyler stripped and she had a new excitement on her face as she saw his sword.
"Oh yes."
They got into the water and the silver haired beauty kissed him lovingly before he kissed her back. the beauty's lovely rack was fondled tenderly and sucked adoringly until she moaned.
"I am ready."
HE slid into her and groaned.
"DAMN lady."
"I take very good care."
He kissed her lovingly as the ride began.
"Clearly."
The pair played in the water for a few hours until they were fully sated and Belfast smiled as she panted in the bath with the spent warrior firmly entrenched in her cleavage.
"I enjoyed that."
He smiled as he weakly extracted himself from her bosom.
"I did as well. YOU are AMAZING, Belfast."
She smiled proudly at this assessment.
"You are quite enjoyable as well. Now we needs clean up."
They deep cleaned each other's bodies before they had a romantic dinner. Tyler smiled as he carried the tired Belfast to the bed and they cuddled up together. Belfast settled her head on his chest with a smile.
"I do believe we may indulge another time."
"I'll be waiting for you, Belfast."
He kissed her.
"Good night, Belfast."
"Good night Tyler."

WE'RE TRAINING IN THE FOREST TODAY. GREAT.
DAY 5
GOLD: 8,050.
FRIDAY.


Tyler woke to see he'd buried his face deep into the soft cleavage of a beautiful lady with long silver hair. his arms were wrapped around her back and he'd pulled her against him in a rather comfy manner. He smiled and looked up to see Belfast still sound asleep in the bed beside him. So he kissed her awake.
"How romantic."
Her blue eyes opened with a smile and he kissed her deeply.
"I got a few ways."
She smiled knowingly.
"You do indeed. And not first thing in the morning."
"Sure."
He kissed her again and they looked to see Rias had not returned last night. There was a bundle on the table and a note with the Seal of the house of Gremory on it. Belfast took the letter as the warrior looked at the bundle.
"My new armor."
"This is her saying she slept over with Asia and Akeno. She'll meet us at the coliseum."
Tyler nodded with a smile as the pair bathed together again and Belfast got help with her hair and her massive bust. Which made her smile knowingly.
"Do NOT arrouse me and leave me for the day."
He kissed her lovingly.
"I won't."
The pair geared up then and headed to the dining hall for breakfast. Once fed they went on their fun run to the colisieum where they were met by Rias. The redhead smirked as she dragged Belfast aside for her interview while Tyler took a seat on a rather padded down mound of sand. His new scalemail visible through his open coat and added some needed color to his image aside from red and black. The stands were filled with cheering crowds as usual and Tyler smiled as he spotted Seria in her box as usual. he waved at the princess and she waved a black cloth that matched his coat to perfection. Victoria smiled as she walked over.
"The Queen has approved the courting of her daughter. Princess Seria has not stopped glowng since."
"I'll be sure to visit after training."
"The Queen asked me to tell you to give it a day. Prevent becoming dependant."
"That's fair. She brightens my day when i see her though."
The purple haired knight captain smiled at that.
"As your beloved should."
"So we're training in the forest today?"
She nodded.
"You are. Two days in the forest then we're leaving the city."
He looked at her now.
"The war take a turn?"
"It takes a turn every day. But no. We're relocating to the city of Dunkrick. A city built around one of the grand dungeons in our world. I'll explain more on them when we get closer."
"Horses or wagons?"
"Horses.....I see. You will need lessons."
He nodded.
"I tried to ride a horse years ago, but got thrown. I can say for a fact some here have never seen a real horse before so."
The knight captain smiled.
"An easy solution and one we can work on alongside your usual lessons. Very well."
Tyler looked to where the rest of the heroes came trotting in.
"So the idiots?"
"if they skip training they sleep on the street AFTER enduring a full day of MY regiment."
"Makes sense. It sink in?"
"For a few it has. One or two it has NOT and will require a hardier method."
"I'll be over here."
He rose to his feet as the remainder of the heroes gathered and Rias came over with a smirk from her interrogation of Belfast. He saw it.
"Interested Rias?"
Her smirk narrowed but she said nothing with a light in her eyes. Tyler chuckled as he saw Belfast letting out a relieved sigh. Next the heroes went through theur daily sparring and magical matches. Once that was out of the way, Victoria strode the line.
"Today's exercise is an extended excurison into the nearby Wilder forest. Two nights and three days under the broughs. during which you will be taught survival by the Rangers of the city."
Tyler and the rest of the heroes were given backpacks loaded with the needed camping gear and supplies minus food and water. Which made Tyler chuckled as he shouldered it.
"This one is gonna be fun to watch."
Rias smirked as she flicked her hair out of the straps of her pack.
"Very."
"Try NOT to get your hair stuck in a puckerbrush Rias?"
"I hate you."
He chuckled at that one as the Knight captain noted something.
"Again? Ugh. Those idiots are trying my patience."
Tyler smiled.
"No work no food."
Victoria nodded sagely at this suggestion.
"The way of the forest. I shall leave their punishment to my Ranger friend Sylina."
The tall warrior nodded as he checked to make sure he could reach his sword and draw it.
"When do we leave?"
"In fifteen minutes. Have any of you ever ridden a horse before?"
There was a series of head shakes, nods, and noises for either down the line. Victoria nodded.
"I see. You'll be fitted with a steed and will learn as we go."
Tyler shivered as a few memories rose up from her choice of words and she saw this with a lifted eyebrow.
"Tyler? Something to ADD?"
"Nah. Just some bad memories from my world."
A few looked at him curiously and Kirito said it.
"What the hell kinda bad memories can come from a HORSE Tyler?"
Tyler shuddered now.
"A few years ago I got a job on a ranch shoveling hay for like 7 bucks an hour. Well. One day a school trip came to see the animals and go for a ride on a nearby trail. I got stuck going with em since that trail was the one I took home since it shaved like 45 minutes off my walk. Well, one idiot vanished from the group in the stables and we had to go look for her. I found her. She'd broken into the stall with the owner's prized white stallion and had shafted herself on the animal to the HILT. She'd been missing for half an hour....and there was a puddle under her as the animal bucked. Yeah. My world is a hellscape."
A mass of gagging, near vomiting, ACTUAL vomiting, and utter disgust tore through the crowd at the story and teh images conjured. Victoria had a new look of disgut as she replied.
"What the hell happened to the HORSE?"
"Oh ole Snow? eh he's fine. He was a champion race horse in his day and is used as a breeder for high stock mares. he's still loving life. The GIRL got like seven STDs from that one and was sent to a loonybin. Got let go in a month....and was found underneath her neighbor's mastiff. That girl had some issues."
Asuna looked at her boyfriend in horror.
"WHY did you HAVE TO ASK? Didn't you learn from the LAST time you did that, Kirito?"
The boy in black shuddered.
"I regret so many choices."
Tyler nodded.
"In my world there's something called rule 34. If it exists, people want to fuck it. And my GOD is it taken literally."
Victoria nodded.
"NO more stories from your world, Tyler. err. I need to go to a temple."
Tyler smiled understandingly at that before he refocused.
"So our horses."
The group refocused and Victoria smiled.
"You will be given a horse from our Horse MAster that, in her opinion, best suits your personality. If the match is a failure we will react accordingly."
A line of well cared for and healthy horses were walked in by stablehands. Tyler looked the rather majestic beasts over curiously when a jet black beast easily 6 hands at the shoulder stepped into view. The immense warhorse had a mane of jet black hair and a sleekly shining black coat while his tail swayed to and fro like a broom of smoke. Tyler smiled as he saw him.
"Hey big guy, I'm over here."
The horse nickered at that and tore his reins from the hands of the chuckling hand to trot over to the warrior in black. Tyler walked up and patted the shoulder of the 1,500 pound animal and the horse nuzzled his shoulder with clear affection. The warrior smiled as he took the reins from the ground.
"Nice to meetchya big guy. I'm Tyler."
The stablehand chuckled as he patted the black horse.
"This here is Shadow. He's a Morbol. Or the decendant of a Shadowmare. his mare was a Unicorn, his Sire was a shadowmare."
"Oh so he's a tough bastard. Atta boy."
Shadow snorted at that and tossed his head before the stablehand chuckled.
"His tack is over here Lord Berserker."
"THAT is a TITLE."
The warrior walked his new friend over to a stand that had a jet black leather saddle lined by snakeskin and buckled by black steel cables. Victoria came over with an approving smile on her face as Tyler took a brush.
"Shadow has been claimed. I knew both of his parents, Tyler. He is a FIERCE one indeed. The fact he chose YOU means NO ONE can get near him now."
"Sides Seria."
Shadow gave a low snort at that and Tyler patted him.
"Yeah you know."
The stallion merely huffed. Victoria chuckled as Tyler slung the saddle onto the tall horse's back.
"You'll lead the formation. Shadow would not have it any other way. Now. Show where your knowledge ends. Working on a ranch you learn stuff whether you like to or not."
Tyler smiled as he buckled the straps.
"Oh I learned a lot on caring for a horse. Riding I need practice with, but the care I'd like to think I got it down."
Once the black saddle was in place and properly secured Tyler took his pack down to fill the saddlebags with the equipment. His weapons he hung on pegs in a balanced manner while his greatsword remained on his back due to it's size. Victoria smirked.
"Now mount him."
Tyler set his foot in the stirrups and mounted the horse with a surprising ease. Shadow grunted as the warrior got into position and a fair few ladies whistled at the imposing image the black warrior made atop his black steed. Tyler smiled as he patted Shadow.
"We'll make quite the impression Shadow."
The horse whinnied at that one as around them the heroes were getting a crash course in horsemenship by the skilled hands and cavalry knights. Victoria had Tyler walking his new friend around the rim of the arena as he got used to the reins and the odd bucking motion associated with riding a horse. After a series of circuits, Tyler increased the pace from a walk to a canter. Then to a full gallop. after a few more circuits he smiled as he deftly steered the horse to the rest of the heroes where he took his spot at the front of the twin line formation. Victoria came up beside him on her own steed and he noted it was a solid purple unicorn with a 6 foot horn. The knight captain smirked as she saw him notice.
"Something the MATTER maggot?"
"Ha. My world Unicorns are adored by small girls with a princess fantasy."
"I will BEAT you with a hammer."
"Sorry, Princess."
"HEY!"
Seria's ourraged shriek that came frm RIGHT beside the warrior made him JUMP as she continued.
"THAT'S MINE! No one elses!"
Tyler chuckled at the spell as a fair few ladies nodded approvingly at the startling.
"Sorry Seria."
"You owe me now."
He chuckled at that demand.
"I'll be right back."
He used his grapples to climb up to Seria's box where he hugged her tightly.
"I'll see you in three days, Seria."
She smiled happily as she snuggled into his coat.
"I'll be able to watch with a spell."
He held her tighter for a moment before sliding something into the back of her gown out of sight of anyone else.
"If you get into trouble, use this."
She nodded as the paralyze dagger was hidden.
"I will. And if I need you, I'll use THIS."
She passed him a spell.
"Lover's Distress. It sends a beacon for you to follow know one else can see or detect. If I need you, it will flood your eyes."
He nodded and an ice cold breeze tore through the arena.
"if you cast this, look to the sky. when you see the mushroom cloud rise from the horizion, I am 15 seconds from you. If you take so much as a SCRATCH from ANYTHING in this world, I will TAKE this world APART."
He looked deep into her eyes.
"YOU are NOT for SUFFERING. You are MY princess. MY Soul."
She shivered at that force and smiled.
"You are NOT for ANYONE but ME. YOU are MY Hero. MY Heart."
He smiled at the exchange of vows feelings and so did the Princess.
"I'll be back for you, Seria."
"I'll be waiting for you."
He kissed her forehead and she blushed happily before he vaulted off the box's edge to swing on his grapples back onto Shadow's back. The Mobol reared with flailing hooves and a loud scream as Tyler waved at his beloved princess before the force got moving through the arena. Victoria smiled approvingly at the exchange and the roaring crowds.
"I admit to jealousy for the Princess."
Tyler smiled as he steered Shadow through the coliseium entrance.
"I love that freakin girl."
The knight captain smiled fondly.
"You'll tell her when you return I trust?"
"I will have the pieces I need. I KINDA promised I'd over do it."
"GOOD. MAN."
Asuna chuckled from her spot just behind Victoria. As she was second in command of the entire Heroes' force, she was included in the first four pairs as the group rode in double file.
"Need advice, Tyler, Kirito'd love to help."
"Thanks Asuna. I mean it. I got my own ideas though."
"Oh damn."
The redhead smiled as she looked ahead at the street.
"We'll be here if you need us Tyler."
"Thanks Asuna."
The warrior looked ahead at the street as people got out of the way of the powerful force. Victoria passed him a map and he had the thing open as he handled the reins one handedly. The captain nodded.
"we're heading east into the countryside. Wilder forest is a full day and night trip from the capital. Two to three days in the forest, then a full trip back."
"What's the wildlife like in the forest?"
"It's a healthy stretch of dedecious woodland. So bear, wolves, foxes, deer, some moose, and the the usual spattering."
"Monsters?"
"Not in this forest. Wilder is a sacred forest to the city's Rangers as proving grounds and training grounds so they patrol it's depths fanatically."
Tyler nodded as he kept watch on the streets ahead.
"When was the last patrol?"
"Yesterday."
"Good. Be amazed how fast something goes south in a forest."
The knight captain nodded at that one.
"Be VERY surprised."
Tyler looked over his shoulder now at the cavalcade ad chuckled as he spotted Rias' blood red mane astride a red unicorn.
"why does that just work for her?"
Asuna chuckled as she steered her mare.
"Asia got a golden unicorn. and we all aww'd."
"Asia is too damn cute sometimes. Kirito?"
"He got a black horse too. Only not as imposing as Shadow."
"Makes sense. Fell bad for Belfast's horse though."
The ladies in ear shot smirked and Asuna said it.
"And WHY is THAT?"
"Cause. Poor thing has to carry a fully loaded cruiser on his back."
She chuckled at the image.
"Okay. Funny. and be gald you went in that direction."
"Yes, Asuna."
"Hey. ONLY Kirito gets to do that like that."
"Sorry Asuna."
"I am going to shove this rapier so far up your ass it'll fly out your mouth."
"YIKES. Poor Kirito."
"I hate you."
Tyler chuckled as he left her good and pissed off before looking ahead at the street. The Heroes approached the outer wall of the city and the warrior noted the land on the other side was a gently rolling grassland with fields of green stretching into the distance. Whe the breeze came through it rippled the grass like the fur on some immense animal. Victoria smiled as she led the group out of the city.
"Heroes.....MOVE OUT!"
The speed picked up to a full gallop with Tyler leading the pack beside Victoria. His coat floating in the wind and adding an extra air of imposing to his image. Victoria smiled as he kept pace with the more skilled rider with ease.
"You learn fast."
"This is kinda fun."
She chuckled at that one as a group of knights kept pace with the inexperienced riders to prevent an accident. Asuna had a smile on her face as she rode behind them and the rest of the force kept up easily. Tyler had his eye on the road ahead as they rode.
The cavalcade rode for a few hours until Victoria nodded and gave an order.
"Pull off the road here!"
Tyler plied his horse deftly into the small ravine Victoria had brought them to a few hours outside the city. The knight captain smirked.
"Set camp."
Tyler hitched Shadow to a spot out of the way as he hopped off.
"Alright people let's get this done."
The heroes got to work setting their camp with the warrior in the thick of it. The tents were pitched by those with experience, a watch set by the same, the horses tended to, and in the span of fifteen minutes the site was prepared. Victoria nodded approvingly as she saw the circular pattern the tents had been laid in.
"Well done. We will camp here for the night. And know YOU'LL be making your meal tonight."
Tyler chuckled.
"You poison us we got a problem."
There was a few chuckles at that one as Victoria smirked.
"Oh yeah. I forgot. Roommates share a fire and meal."
And like that a mass of groans was heard at the new fear. Rias and Belfast had smirks as they gathered around Tyler's fire. The redhead saying it.
"CAN you cook, Tyler?"
"Oddly enough I can. Not WELL but I can."
"Uh-huh."
They were issued some rations from the knights as the knight captain smirked again.
"Know tomorrow you will be expected to hunt your own food down. No work no food. I hope you're ready to get dirty."
Tyler chuckled as he set a grate over the fire an slapped the hunk of deer meat to sizzle.
"And those of us that have never hunted before?"
"You will be taught by a Ranger. So listen well. They're not as nice as I am."
Tyler chuckled as he cut the hunk of deer meat on the grate into smaller chunks for the three of them. Rias and Belfast had stone expressions on their faces as they watched the warrior cook their meal. Then he set the meat on some bread and Rias chuckled as it clicked.
"deer burgers?"
"And some good river water to wash it down."
"Simple and yet i like it."
Belfast smiled.
"Now, now dear. We must TASTE it before we give such high praise."
"So true."
Tyler smiled as the two ladies bit into the meat and Belfast pursed her lips after.
"Cripsy and bland. Yet, I like it."
Rias chuckled as she devoured hers.
"does he pass?"
"I would say he does."
Tyler just chuckled at the knowledge.
"I'll be sure to make more then."
The heroes fed on their rations before they all relaxed. Tyler laid in the grass by his tent looking at the reddening sky and sighed. Belfast looked over curiously.
"Are you well?"
"I'm fine. Just missing Seria oddly enough."
She smiled warmly at that.
"Good for you. HAve you fallen?"
He smiled.
"I think I have. Which is a very strange feeling since it's been so damned long."
Belfast sat beside the warrior in black with a smile.
"I am here."
"Thanks Belfast. My last girlfriend was killed in a car accident. drunk driver nailed her on her bike."
"My sympathies."
He smiled.
"Thanks. Seria makes me feel so damn warm when we're together it's a little intense. I like it though."
"Is there an occasion in the works?"
HE smiled.
"I'm an old fashioned soul, Belfast. There is a few in the works."
She smiled warmly at this.
"I am happy for you. And the Princess."
"A storybook romance with a romcom's leading lady and a horror story's main monster. What a pair."
She chuckled at that one as Rias flopped beside him.
"So you'll marry the Princess. Lookin to be king?"
"nope."
"Ha."
Rias laid flat beside him now and sighed as she looked at the sky. Tyler looked at her.
"You good?"
She smiled sadly.
"Issei."
"Oh. You two still a thing?"
"No. I dumped him after the fuel with Javelin. He's just....REALLY freakin creepy. The peeping, the perviness, the dense idiot he is, it's infuriating and it hurts sometimes."
He patted her reassuringly and she smiled.
"Thanks Tyler. Maybe I'll take Heilia up on her offer."
"Ha."
Belfast laid beside him now herself to look at the sky. Tyler smiled as he found himself missing the familar presence of his dear princess. Looks like I fell in love again. That's fine. I'll tell her when I get back. He smiled at the thought as Rias looked at his smile with a hint of longing and just a toch of jealousy. Belfast saw it and she smiled at the girl. Tyler didn't notice the exchange as he was wrapped up in thinking of Seria. Victoria came by and smirked as she saw the three.
"Looks like YOUR comfy."
Tyler jerked from his thoughts of the princess to look at the smirking knight commander.
"First watch?"
"First watch."
"Makes sense."
She walked off chuckling and Rias sighed as she looked at him.
"I'm happy for you Tyler."
He smiled at her as he laid back down.
"Thamks Rias."
She smiled and he noted a well hidden sadness in her blue eyes in the face of his own romance and he took her hand.
"I'm sure it'll work out for you too, Rias."
she smiled warmly at the attempt.
"Thanks Tyler. I hope so too."
He squeezed her hand as the sun set and he went to take his place as first watch atop the hill. He pulled his black coat about him and stabbed his greatsword into the dirt before he pulled the hood up. Then the warrior did a statue of armor impression with a hidden face and stiff posture. The result was a VERY unnerving shadow in the darkness not a soul would wish to approach recklessly. Tyler's eyes missed nothing as the hours passed and he felt Victoria approaching with her sword out.
"Tyler?"
He turned his head and saw the knight captain approaching cautiously.
"That time already?"
She let out a small breath of relief as she sheathed her sword.
"That was one of the most unsettling things I have ever witnessed Tyler. For all the world it appeared as though a shadow demon was standing there waiting for me to approach. I was behind you, and yet knew you could see me. VERY impressive."
"I like scaring people."
"Clearly. you are relieved."
Tyler sheathed his sword and returned to his tent. He crawled inside and smiled as he saw Rias waiting for him under the blanket. The redhead smiled sheepishly.
"I wanna snuggle."
He chuckled as he left the sword in easy reach before laying beside the redhead in the bedroll. She was naked as usual and he laid his coat over them both. Rias snuggled against him and he held her tightly.
"Hey, Tyler."
He looked into her blue eyes curiously as she spoke in a soft, low breath.
"Yeah?"
She had unreadable eyes as she answered.
"If I wanted to join you, could I?"
He smiled.
"As long as Seria allowed it, I'd love to have you."
Rias smiled warmly in the dark and rested her head on his arm.
"I guess I need to ask then."
He chuckled at that one as he held her.
"Good night Rias."
"Good night Tyler."



WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE.
DAY 6
GOLD: 8,050.
SATURDAY.

Tyler woke to the sight of Rias in his bedroll. The redheaded beauty had wrapped her long arms around his back and shoved her face into his chest while he'd wrapped her head in his arms in a protective embrace. He smiled at the warmth she gave off and the way she looked asleep in his arms. he stroked her long, blood red hair and she woke with a smile.
"Morning Tyler."
"Mornin Rias. You okay?"
She nodded with a warm smile and sparkling blue eyes.
"Yeah. I....needed that."
"I gotchyer back too."
She hugged him harder.
"Thank you."
"Sure thing Rias."
He held her for a moment longer before the pair got out of bed to face the day. Tyler donned his coat as Rias got dressed. Once they were the pair left the tent where Rias was dragged away by Akeno, Belfast, and Asuna. Asia appeared beside the warrior all smiles as he relit the fire.
"Morning Asia."
She hugged him sweetly and he patted her fondly. Then she looked at him.
"So what'd Rias want?"
"She just needed a hug."
"Oh. Kay!"
He chuckled at her sweetness as the camp came to life. The friends had a breakfast of leftover deermeat and water before they were made to go through their usual duels and magical practice. Rias returned to him with a tired smile and the warrior chuckled.
"The girls take you for a ride rias?"
"Shut up."
"Ha."
Victoria was heard then after mana was replenshed.
"BREAK camp Maggots!"
Tyler chuckled as they readied for another day on the trail. He mounted Shadow 15 minutes later and they were thundering along the road. The purple haired Victoria looked at him.
"The training in the forest will be each of you given to a ranger for the three day period. They will teach you how to survive in the wilderness. Them we will return to Berun for a day and then set off for Dunrick."
"Sounds fun."
The knight captain smirked at that one as they passed a merchant caravan on the road.
"You say that now."
Tyler chuckled before he focused on the road ahead.
"So that merchant caravan."
"They travel from city to city as supplylines."
"Huh. And the fact they were carrying more weapons then dry goods?"
The knight captain chuckled.
"You have a keen eye. That was a Military Caravan. They deal in weapons and armor."
"Ah. Neat trick."
Rias appeared beside him and he smiled at the red unicorn she rode and the way her hair was strewn out behind her in the wind.
"Huh. I always had you figured for a unicorn girl Rias."
she smirked at that.
"I will set you on fire."
Tyler looked forward now and blinked as a dark smudge appeared on the horizon and was rapidly approaching.
"That the forest, Victoria?"
"It is. Wilder forest. The road turns so we'll be going straight across some level ground."
"Got it."
Tyler patted Shadow and the immense Morbol tossed his head in acknowledgment. wilder forest reared up before them after a few hours with an oddly forboding aura. The warrior noting the trunks of the trees were easily 6 feet thick at the smallest and well over a 100 at the medium. The canopy soared high over their heads at heights exceeding 500 feet and he looked at Rias.
"I am getting Sequioa and Fangorn forest feelings from this forest at the same damn time."
Victoria looked at him sharply now.
"That name. Fangorn. Did you hear it here?"
He blinked.
"no. It's the name of a forest from a book in my world."
She nodded.
"You do not lie. That is the name of the Drakin Homeland. If you hear mention of it in Berun, alert the guard as a spy is inside the city."
"Noted."
Victoria refocused on the forest.
"Alright Maggots. we enter the trees double file. If you get lost, you're lost until we feel like finding you. MOVE out."
Tyler followed the knight captain through the fringe into the forest. Shadow huffed at the shift from sunny grassland to sunlight forest and Rias smiled at the shade.
"That feels better."
Asuna was looking around at the woodland curiously.
"I kinda feel like we're being watched."
Tyler chuckled as he waved at a shadow on a tree limb overhead. The shadow vanished and so did a large number of similar shadows around them.
"We are. There be Rangers up there."
The redheaded wife to Kirito blinked as she started picking out the shapes herself now.
"Wow. That's impressive."
Tyler chuckled as he piled Shadow through the undergrowth and around the immense trees. Victoria smirked as a few heroes were grumbling about nearly riding into a tree or getting caught in a branch or brushing up against a tree.
"Rookies."
Tyler noted a large white rabbit sitting on some moss nibbling on a fern in the open. He looked at Rias.
"I guess there's not a lot of active predators in this area."
She looked at him as her unicorn navigated with ease.
"How do you know?"
HE nodded to the fat rabbit.
"If there were, that rabbit would not be so arrogant as to sit in the open like that. It's a pure white rabbit, Rias. So in a forest of green, brown and some yellow, white sticks out like a sore thumb. did you not see how big it was?"
"I did?"
"It's well fed and from the way it's coat shined was healthy. Plus young too. There is no way such a basic prey animal like a rabbit should get to that size unless there were no active predators like fox or wolf or coyot in the area. Rabbits are base prey just above mice and moles."
She looked at the fat rabbit with new eyes now.
"Wow. A single rabbit you haven't killed told you that?"
"Be amazed what the base of a food chain can teach you about the top."
Victoria smiled approvingly.
"So you DO know about the forest. Impressive Maggot."
"Most of my knowledge came from books, Victoria."
"Ah. An admirable thing, seeking knowledge out. Now you'll learn to put it into practice."
Rias looked at her friend curiously.
"why were you researching the forest, Tyler? School project?"
"NAh. I used to write a lot and some of my favorite worlds to create were fantasy style. So I collected a lot of books and references on the forest for help with mine."
"Huh. I wanna read em sometime."
"I get a boon from some god or goddess or whatever I'll ask."
She smiled at that....then smirked.
"I just remembered something."
"Yes, I used your characters for my stories."
"Okay. NOW I AM going to ask for them too."
"Coolio."
He smiled at the thought of Rias reading his stories about her before the force entered a large meadow complete with a river flowing through it. Victoria nodded.
"Make camp. This will be your new home for the next three days."
The group of heroes got to work with a will pitching their tents in the flatland meadow by the river. Tyler set his nearest the bubbling water and noted the presence of fish inside it. That knowledge made him smile and he looked at Rias as she set her tent.
"We'll be able to do some fishing in the river."
"Never fished before. Sounds fun."
"I'll be sure to teach you."
Camp was pitched in fifteen minutes and Tyler went to the edge of the forest looking at different trees before he stopped at one tall specimen.
"You'll do. Hey, Kirito, mind giving me a hand with this?"
The other boy in black came over with a wood axe.
"Find a good one?"
Tyler nodded as he looked at the 80 foot tall tree.
"It's a balsam fir. The needles smell simply divine when burned and same with the wood. I spotted three more but this one here's the biggest."
"I've only ever done this in deep dive."
"The basic concept is the same. When we get deep into the wood, I'll have you back up and I'll drop it. had a few friends die when dropping trees."
"I gotchya."
Tyler cleared the base of the tree of brush and branches as Kirito paid attention.
"Alright. Find your rythim, and for gods sakes don't hit me."
"Ha."
Tyler swung his woodaxe at the tree and the steel head bit deep into the bark.
"Switch."
Kirito was there with his own axe and the two men worked in tandem to carve a deep V into the trunk. Tyler kept close watch on the depth of the cut until he nodded.
"Drop back and be ready to jump."
Kirito nodded as Tyler took the other side of the tree now and got to work hacking at the still solid rear trunk. The warrior smiled as he worked a second, lower cut in the wood to try to make the tree fall AWAY from the camp. Once his cut was deep enough he took some rocks from the riverbank and wedged them in the first cut. He then used the back of his axe to tap them deeper into the cut until there was a loud crack and Tyler watched the tip wobble.
"TIMBER!"
The tree fell away from the camp into a clean lane between other trees with a crash of timbers and snapping branches. The trunk now had a wedge shaped slab of wood and Tyler smiled as he looked at Kirito.
"Alright. We'll get this one back to camp. Should have enough here for a few days."
Kirito chuckled as the two slung ropes around the thicker branches close to the trunk.
"So you're a lumberjack too."
"Northern American small town in the mountains."
"Ah."
The two boys dragged the tree into the center of the camp where a few girls all threw wolf whistles and leers at the sight and Tyler looked at them chuckling.
"YOU guys get the next one."
The whistles turned to chuckles as Asuna came over with a hatchet.
"Where do ya want me?"
"We'll trim the branches and use em as kindling. You start with Kirito on that side. I got this side with Belfast."
The silver haired maid smiled as she was given a hatchet.
"I will assist."
The four friends worked under Tyler's calm direction to properly trim the tree to the trunk of it's sweetly smelling branches. Once they were collected he had them build a large pile in the center of the camp on a patch of sand.
"The scent of smoke and flames will keep insects away from a solid thirty meters from the base of the fire. Bigger the fire, bigger the area."
The ladies appreicated THAT wily ploy as a grand bonfire pile was constructed of the pine branches from the upper broughs. Tyler threw the match and the pile went up with a whoosh.
"Alright. round the clock maintence and supervision. If that fire goes, the entire woodland goes. And we wouldn't be able to outrun it. Any questions?"
He got crickets.
"Good. Now the trunk itself."
The 80 feet of trunk was cut into a mass of 1 foot logs that was then divvyed to the rest of the camp. Victoria came over once the last log was divvyed with an approving smile on her face.
"That was a very clean felling Tyler. And not even a single twig was wasted. MOST impressive."
He chuckled.
"Thanks Victoria. Cause we need one more for a well supplied camp."
She nodded approvingly.
"Indeed you do. That trick with the fire though. That is a new one."
Tyler chuckled before he looked at the camp.
"Rias, Asia, and Asuna. we're going for the next tree."
The ladies followed him with a smirk to the next 80 footer and he taught them the proper way to fell a fully grown fir tree. This one was also divvyed among the heroes and the top branches added to the fuel for the bonfire. Tyler then went to the river where he took the fishing pole from his equipment and some worms from the ground and set the hook. Rias came over with a smile as he flicked the line in the water.
"Hello Ranger Rick."
"Ha. Hello BloodY Riding Hood."
"Oh that was kinda clever. I guess."
She sat beside him as he worked the line.
"This is fun."
He smiled as she settled on a rock beside him.
"It is. It'll get miserable soon enough."
She smiled at that as the line dipped down,
"Gotchya."
Tyler tugged on the line and the fight was on. The warrior was on his feet as he worked the reel for the fish before he pulled a 2 foot rainbow trout from the water. He smiled at the catch and set the fish on a metal hook for keeping. Rias smiled.
"Nice catch."
"Thanks."
Victoria came over now as he rebaited the hook.
"Can you FLAY it though?"
"I CAN but I'm not the best."
"And that is why you will be taught by the best. How many are you going for?"
"Hmm. I'm thinking four of good size for me and the girls."
"No more then four. In all."
"Gotchya."
Rias looked at him curiously as he worked the line.
"why so few?"
He smiled.
"Rules of the Rangers I guess. Our worlds destoryed our greenry. Let's try to NOT be as bad here."
"Ah."
"GOTCHYA BITCH."
He pulled on the line and scored a 3 foot pike that made Rias whistle as he set the river predator on the metal hook.
"damn dude."
"I got luck with this."
He set the line back in the water as Belfast came over smelling of pine smoke. she smiled as she saw the warrior with the line in the water.
"A man of many skills I see."
He chuckled as she sat beside him.
"Not bad on the tree Belfast."
"Thank you. My hands are sore though."
"If you wanna rinse them in the river use a spot lower then where I'm fishing."
"I will do so. And BATHS?"
"THOSE I'm afraid will have to wait. Less you wanna show off."
She sighed at this.
"An adjustment is needed then. Oh dear."
Rias smiled understandingly at her fellow girl.
"We'll be fine Belfast. I'm SURE he'll figure something out. RIGHT TYLER?"
"come here you fish."
He pulled another 2 foot rainbow trout from the river and set the third catch on his hook.
"You DO know we won't be so lucky as to have a bath every day, right? I mean, we ARE in a fantasy world, and are ADVENTURERS in it, right?"
Rias smiled thinly with a glint in her eyes.
"Soooo you CAN'T figure something out?"
He looked her in the eye.
"I probably could if I wanted to, but cut the shit with the manipulation and guilt trip."
Rias blinked at THAT coldness. Then sighed.
"Sorry."
"Better. I HATE that crap with a passion. If you want my help just ASK."
She nodded with regret in her eyes and Belfast nudged him.
"A little harsh don't you think?"
He sighed.
"I guess. I HATE people that tricks like that bitterly. If you don't have the decency to ask em straight out and have to resort to mindgames, I don't want to know you."
The silver haired girl frowned.
"YOU use mindgames on us all the time."
"Yet when i ask you for something, do I not just say it straight out?"
"you do. Yet she was not serious?"
"That FIRST one yes, she was fucking around. The SECOND she was dead on serious."
Rias had a shamed smile on her face as she looked at him.
"Sorry. Can you try and figure something out, please?"
He sighed and pulled his last trout out.
"There's a bend in the river down that way with a small overhang. Put a cloak or something over the edge on this side and we can't see."
Rias smiled in relief.
"Oh thank hell. Thanks Tyler!"
"Yeah sure go on."
The redheaded girl smiled at that grumble before she and a few of the ladies went to the indicated spot for a deep cleaning. Belfast stayed beside him and looked at him.
"Residue?"
"More a pet peeve."
"Ah. Understandable. I will remember."
He nodded as he took the fish over with a knife. Victoria appeared then with a smirk.
"Your Ranger is here Tyler."
He looked up at that and a tall lady with spear tipped ears stepped from her shadow. She was Tyler's height with foot length brown hair the color of chocolate while her frame was very slender. Her face was angular and her eyes a deep emerald green. Her skin was pale and her bust large on her narrow chest. Her attire was a set of leather armors with a set of shortswords on her hips and a massive bow on her back. A black cloak of fur hung from her shoulders and she noted the fish on the hook and spoke in a soft, whispery breath.
"I see you had luck in the Wild River, Berserker. And have skill in woodland felling as well."
Tyler smiled at the elf.
"I'm from a mountain town so a I know a few things here an there."
She sat across from him with a cross legged posture.
"I am known as Strand. I will instruct you in the ways of the Ranger. Now. Let me see how you handle the knife."
Belfast watched as Tyler flayed the fish to the best of his knowledge and Strand nodded as he finished.
"A novice in knifework with a promising base. watch well."
She flayed the pike with her bare hands and he watched the way she did so. Then he copied it to perfection with the remainder of the fish and Strand nodded once he finished.
"A fast learner with fish. Let us see how you fare against something a bit bigger and likes to run. You are to go hunting in the forest and return with a buck."
Tyler chuckled as he cleaned his hands in the river at a place below his fishing hole.
"Sure."
BElfast met her Ranger now, a well built elven woman with golden hair that appeared from her shadow. All the heroes were surprised in such manners as the warrior took his bow and arrows before moving into the trees. The forest was alive and well with the sounds of nature as the warrior left the camp behind. Be just my luck to come across a wendigo or something like that on my first hunt. he looked at the ground seeking anything of interest but sighed as he remembered he didn't know the first thing of tracking. I can track a person through a city easily enough. But a deer through a forest? Not so much. He moved without a sound through the underbrush seeking prey when he came out into a sandy floored clearing and he looked at the thing curiously. The clearing was enshrouded by the canopy above with flecks of light covering the white sand of the floor while the rim was a bit TOO perfect of a circle for Tyler's tastes. He frowned and took a rock from the dirt and tossed it onto the sand. There was a soft thud before the sand roiled like water at sea and a set of teeth appeared from the edges to snap up the rock and drag it under. Tyler blinked at this discovery.
"A SAND WORM? Oh jesus that is not fair. Okay."
He put the bow up and pulled his greatsword as he pried a second rock from the ground and tossed it into the sand. the teeth appeared and Tyler stabbed the sand in the spot between the teeth and grass with the azurite sword. there was an instant bellow of pain as the snady clearing exploded from a 10 foot wide worm with shark's teeth surged out to attack the warrior.
"FIREBOLT!"
He sent his serious spell into the maw of the rushing worm and the thing exploded inside it's mouth. The worm roared in pain and Tyler rushed it with a wild roar and slammed his greatsword into the side of the thing. The sword cut deep and he redoubled his efforts before slicing the mouth of the worm CLEAN off it's frame. The worm's parts dropped to the ground with thuds and Tyler dropped back into a fresh stance as the thing didn't move.
"Okay. what's down there?"
He used his lance to stab the flesh of the exposed worm and drag it from the hole. Only to discover the worm was EASILY 300 feet long! And a disgusting puke green as he left the mass by the ten foot hole in te forest floor. He frowned as he looked into the hole.
"I REALLY wanna see what's down there."
"A Sand Worm? HERE?"
Strand appeared beside him then and he looked at the shocked Ranger.
"Yeah I found a clearing and it seemed TOO perfect a circle."
The elf nodded as she approached the hole.
"A unsettling discovery. This worm JUST arrived not even hours ago. I searched this region myself the morning prior. The den will be searched."
"Ooookay. HOW?"
she smiled and leapt into the hole. Tyler watched as the elven ranger dropped into the darkness and he sighed.
"Why'd I even bother?"
He leapt in after her. The hole was ten feet wide and so allowed for a clean drop. Tyler noting the walls were cleanly cut and silky smooth as he dropped to the bottom of the pit a solid 40 feet below. he landed in a roll and found Strand waiting for him with her shortswords out.
"You didn't hesitate to join me down here."
"Yeeeah if I'd walked away it'd bug me."
"Amusing. And your weapon?"
He took the thus far unused cutlass and she nodded.
"Suitable. Come. We MUST find it's young or HOW it got into the forest."
Tyler looked at the ground under his boots and noted the floor was pure white sand. While all around them was solid rock and brown dirt.
"Follow the sand."
She nodded and they set off along the tunnel that was perfectly round to the point it was a little disorienting. The walls of the tunnel were perfectly smooth and had a shine from the smoothness. Tyler frowned as he found it to be well lit down there.
"Where's the light coming from?"
The ranger didn't look away from the end of the tunnel as she explained.
"The secretions of the worm have illumintive properties. Their fluids are used in lamps you see."
"Flammable?"
"EXTREMELY."
"explains why it exploded like it did. So if I drop a firebolt in here,"
"It'll kill us both. AND set off a massive explosion."
He nodded as they followed the tunnel. The warrior looked at the walls of the tunnel curiously when he spotted a glitter.
"Hey is that gold?"
Strand smiled as she saw the mineral.
"It is indeed. And we will send in a team to collect it later."
"Cool."
The pair followed the tunnel through the underground for another hour until Tyler noted something in the rock.
"There's moisture in th rock, Strand."
She looked and he pointed out some cracking in the stone above their heads.
"We're under a water source. A BIG one too. Those are stress cracks. This entire cave is going to give at some point in the future without support."
She frowned.
"There ARE no water sources overhead, Tyler. We're underneath the road."
"Got a map handy?"
She unrolled an enchanted map of the region and Tyler smiled as he noticed something.
"Okay. see this here? How the lines evenly spread apart?"
"I do."
"Now as you follow them, they bunch up EVER so slightly along this line here?"
"I see it?"
"That's an underground river. When lines like that bunch up for no good reason, there's two reasons: One is an unopened cave, the other is an underground river. from the size of the bunching we're looking at a 50 foot wide stretch."
Strand looked at him in mild shock.
"HOW are you able to know this from a mere map?"
"My world is very scientific. And this is the method they use to figure out why caveins happen or why sinkholes appear."
"I see. we shall away from here and inform the Queendom. That river must be searched."
They nodded and Tyler looked down the tunnel again.
"Hang on."
He set the map down with the orientation following the tunnel. He looked down the tunnel.
"So THAT'S their play? Strand, look down the tunnel. and look what direction it came from."
She did and blinked.
"That's the direction of the border with Malik! A FREE nation!"
"HA. And the indents go that way. Which means, SOMEONE is using the underground to sneak around the queendom."
The Ranger nodded gravely.
"I see your logic and agree with your reasoning. The Dwarven Guilds will be informed and their sappers deployed."
"Nothing more we can do down here, Strand."
"No there is not."
The pair returned to the surface and Tyler looked at her.
"You go raise the alarm, I'll get back to it."
She nodded.
"Underground you are MOST knowledgable. ABOVE IT you need work."
He chuckled and they split. Him on his hunt and her to make her report. Using sand worms to travel underground out of reach of most of the army. If the Drakens wanted to they could invade the Queendom captial from underground and the country would NEVER see it coming. So WHY haven't they done it already? Hmm. He frowned at the question as he stopped to look at the ground. It COULD be as simple as they JUST thought of it. Strategies like that are the kind are usually dismissed at the very beginning of a campaign due to how farfetched they are. Yet are adopted and attempted when the advance has been bogged down for too long. The second option is it's NOT the Drakens at all but the work of another faction entirely. which in turn means the Queendom has mroe enemies then they know. He shrugged at that as he walked along the forest seeking a deer. Nothing I can do about that right now. So I'll just get stronger. A twig snapped to his right and he looked over to see a full grown white tailed buck nibbling at a laden apple tree. the magnificent animal had it's side to him and he did not waste the open opportunity. He fired his arrow and the round took the deer in the shoulder. The animal kicked befre dropping to the ground the next instant.
"Bulls eye."
He walked over to the large animal with a smile and Strand stepped out from behind a tree with a smile.
"Well shot and well killed. Now, skin it."
"THAT I DON'T know how to do."
"watch."
She taught him the proper manner to skin a fully grown white tailed deer and Tyler paid exacting attention as she made him hunt down a second for his own practice. Then he was to return to the camp without any aid in direction. Thankfully his sense of direction was up to the task and he found his way back to camp without issue. The place was awash with the sweet scent of pine smoke from the still blazing bonfire in the center and the rest of the heroes were all groaning from their first day in the woods. Tyler chuckled as he returned to his tent to find a sore footed Rias and Belfast waiting for him by his own fire. The redhead had her boots off and was warming her bare feet on the flames with Belfast beside her. They smiled as the laden warrior joined them.
"Hey."
"Hey Rias. Looks like you worked hard."
She chuckled tiredly.
"Never had to track a deer before."
Belfast nodded ruefully.
"Nor I skin one. YOUR fare?"
"Yeah about that. The Underground is moving."
They nodded and Rias leaned in his ear.
"Tell me everything."
He told the tale and the redhead frowned as he finished.
"An underground highway that hasn't been used to attack the Queendom yet? That doesn't make any sense."
Belfast frowned as well.
"Perhaps a supplyline for a surprise campaign?"
Tyler frowned as well.
"I thought that at first, Belfast. But the tunnel was a mere ten feet wide and ten tall. The usual wagon is 15 and the tunnel would be wide enough for four abreast at best. Plus the unstable nature of the cave as a whole? It would be a death sentence for any major forces sent through."
Rias nodded as he set meat to the grate.
"It doesn't make any sense. especially given it's location. The middle of a forest? really?"
"And a RANGER forest no less. Unless they're keeping tabs on the heroes' training that is. THNE it makes sense."
The trio sighed at that possibility and Tyler shrugged.
"Nothing we can do about it right now. We'll get stronger and go from there."
The ladies nodded and he pulled his Status PLate.
"Hm. HAlf way to another level up."
The ladies checked theirs and Rias smirked.
"I'm three quarters to my first."
"As am i dear. it seems he has more experience then us."
"Well, I DID spend all that time fighting in the arena and in streetfights. Makes sense."
They chuckled at that one as the deer meat was flipped and the water divvyed. Tyler took a dip in the river at the curve before he returned for dinner. He and his friends enjoyed their meal together before he took his place at the front of the camp as first watch. He smiled as the camp settled behind him and looked at the sky at the masses of stars and four moons that decorated the blackdrop of the night. Stars as far as he could see made up a mesmerizing cloud he wished he was seeing with Seria. But he knew his Princess was back in Berun looking at the sky as well from her chambers.
"I'll be back soon, Seria."
The whispered words got no response but he smiled at the way they made him feel before he turned to his statue of Armor imitation for his shift. His shift passed in a few hours and he was relieved by an unnerved Kirito. Tyler chuckled as the Black Swordsman shivered from his passing.
"The dark is MY lair."
"Dude you are CREEPY sometimes."
"Aww thanks!"
"Greeeat. No sleep for me tonight."
Tyler chuckled as he went to his tent and found Asia inside it for some freakin reason. the bubbly blonde smiled as he walked in.
"Surprise!"
"Ha. always nice snuggling with a sexy blonde."
She smiled and he noted she was naked under the bedroll.
"Yup!"
He chuckled as he laid beside her and she affectionate girl wasted no time in snuggling right up against him. he wrapped her in his arms and she smiled as she got comfy.
"Aww better! Night Tyler!"
"Night Glowball."
"Hey."
"What? You're always glowing. I like it."
"Bully."
He hugged her warmly and she smiled as she relaxed. Tyler smiled as they drifted off.
"Night Asia."
"Night."



MORE TRAINING IN THE WOODS.
DAY 7.
GOLD: 8,050.
SATURDAY.

Tyler woke to the feeling of a slender girl in his arms that was INCREDIBLY warm. He opened his eyes to see Asia cuddled into the curve of his body with his arm around her narrow waist. She was pressed against him and her golden hair was drapped across them like a blanket. He found it super warm and very cute. He leaned into her ear.
"You are the cutest devil and the sweetest angel I have ever met."
She woke with a squeak and a blush at the move and she rolled over with a blushing smile.
"Mornin to YOU too!"
He chuckled at her naked appearance and the fact her bust was larger then she let on and her slit was bald.
"Mornign sweet, sexy Asia."
"That's me!"
He hugged the sweethearted girl and she smiled.
"I liked it. i think I snuggle with you more!"
"I always got room in here for a sweethearted blonde."
"Good. I'll ask Seria then!"
"She will LOVE YOU."
Asia smiled as they got dressed. Tyler walked out with the friendly blonde to relight the fire as the camp also rose. Rias came over with a smirk and dragged her friend away for her interrogation. Belfast sat beside the warrior as he passed her some fried deermeat.
"Thank you."
"Sure thing Belfast. Unicorn here?"
"She is. And is with Enterprise."
He smiled.
"Name a better teddybear I dare ya."
That made the silver haired lady chuckle.
"LAdy Enterprise as grown quite fond of Little Unicorn. They are roommates and share a single bed."
"It weird I'm jealous for the both of them?"
"No it is not."
Tyler smiled at that as they had breakfast. Once fed Strand appeared before the warrior.
"Today you are to hunt a bear. On THAT side of the river."
"Got it Strand. The worm?"
"The report was sent to the queen and the Deepground Brigade awakened."
"Alright. I'll head out."
The warrior geared up with Belfast getting taken aside by her own ranger. Tyler forded the river by way of some well placed stepping stones and found the other side to be a rockier section of ground. He walked towards the trees on that side noting the bonfire was visible from a good sitance away and that made him chuckle. Loud and blatant. makes sense. The hunter entered the forest without issue and noted the ground had more dirt and open ground then the leaf littered western region. He then quickly found a large dent in the ground that he recognized.
"Yeah. No mistaking that. Black Bear and a BIG ONE too."
He followed the track with one hand on his greatsword as the trail wound it's way through the trees. The warrior noting the trail was still evenly spaced and he had no way of telling if it was fresh or not when a low grunting got his attention. He looked up and was faced with a fully grown black bear looking at him curiously as if trying to figure out why he'd followed it. Tyler blinked as he looked at the immense beast and the bear growled as it decided to not like him. The greatsword came out and the bear charged. Tyler pivoted on a leg around the bear's tackle and lunged atn the bear's right leg. His azurite sword pierced the bear's flesh cleanly and the result was the bear dropping to the ground with a thud. Tyler smiled widely as he removed the blade.
"Alright. we got bear meat."
Strand appeared from behind a tree with an approving nod.
"You had luck with the bear trail. And need to learn how to properly track. Now. Skin it."
She taught him how to properly butcher the 600 pound bear before he hunted down another for her to prove his skill. He brought his kills back to the camp and found the rest had yet to return. He set the bear pelts beside his deer pelts and the meat by the fire. Strand came over with some materials.
"The pelts are to be used."
"I'll upgrade my bedroll and blankets then."
The skilled Elf taught him how to properly work the pelts into VERY comfy bedding and blankets that when added to his tent made the thing surprisingly comfy. Once that task was complete Tyler sat at the fire with his sword to clean and sharpen it. Strand vanished into the woodland and he shrugged at her disappearence. Happy with the sword's razor edge he set it aside to relax until his next challange. Victoria appeared over him then with a smirk on her face.
"BORED, Berserker?"
He shrugged.
"Not really. You?"
"Nope. If you're free, then you can aid me in a hunt."
"Sure."
He grabbed his sword and the purple haired captain led the way into the forest.
"MY prey is a Forest Wraith."
"A tiger?"
"Indeed."
"Alright."
He looked around at the forest now as the knight captain moved without a sound on their path. The warrior used his knowledge of tigers and big cats to keep track of the forest around them, well aware of the tiger's penchant for rear ambushes. As the pair walked Tyler noted Victoria smirking at him from the corner of her eye and he looked at her curiously.
"Something interesting?"
She chuckled.
"Just admiring a warrior."
"Oh. Well. An agreement has been made."
"OH HAS it?"
"Seria does not be shamed in front of the court."
"Interesting."
Tyler stopped then with a smirk of his own now.
"Okay. If you really wanna play THAT game, Vicky, need I remind you what i did to Secor?"
The knight captain stopped to look at the Berserker.
"Are you THREATENING me?"
"Nah, just reminding you. AND the one you work for to NOT fuck with the Demon."
Victoria nodded with a knowing smirk.
"I'll be sure to keep that in mind."
There was a howl and his greatsword slammed into the dirt by her feet with enough force a small trench was dug. A few strands of her hair was seen falling to the ground and Tyler tilted his head.
"Oh. Sorry I was aiming for that snake."
The knight captain had a new look of shock at this BLATANT attempted murder and Tyler smirked at her.
"Do i need a SECOND attempt? or do you get the fucking point?"
She let out a slow, shivering breath at the laughing death smile on his face.
"I get the point."
"Ya freakin better. THIS was your LAST warning."
A sound of snapping branches was heard from behind the warrior and he sidestepped a large tiger as it pounced. Victoria tried to jump out of the way of the midleap cat but was far too late. The tiger landed on her chestplate and took her to the ground with a roar of fury. She screamed as the claws fought to gain purchase on her armor....but for the cat to grunt and fall dead to the dirt beside her with Tyler's greatsword in it's flank.
"Pro tip? Tigers attack from behind."
She was panting at the EXTREMELY close call and rescue from the warrior. Tyler smirked as he tugged his sword free.
"I just saved your life."
That knowledge made the honor-bound knight captain slump as she got off the dirt.
"DAMMIT. I owe you a lifedebt now."
"WHO bought you?"
"You haven't met her yet. But her name is Duchess Venia. She's a High Duchess in the Queen's court. And has wanted the throne for herself since she was a girl."
"And ME?"
"you're the Hero leader. And Venia's dream prince. Since she's not a Princess she wants to destroy your chances with the princess and sweep in for the rescue."
"Uh-huh. and the buying price?"
Victoria sighed.
"Her and her three daughters as my bedmates."
"That's all?"
"That's all."
"Ha. Looks like I have a new weed to pluck."
"And ME?"
"YOU still OWE me."
She sighed.
"Great. What's the oath?"
"You swear your life to me as MY Knight Captain and Servant. Oh. and First VAssal as well."
She blinked at that one.
"I thought you did not want to be king?"
"I don't. but I will be DAMNED before I allow snakes like YOU to ruin MY Princess' home. I will not be the king. But I WILL be that which you all fear."
She sighed in defeat at this and knelt before her new Lord.
"I swear my Sword, my Body, My Soul, and my Life to you, Sire. I will serve you until the day I die with everything I am."
He took her offered sword and the lady glowed to seal the oath.
"Alright then. This is a secret of the highest level. You will be as you were to all."
"Yes Sire."
The tiger was retrieved and taken back to the camp as Victoria resigned herself to her new role. The pair returned to the camp to find the rest of the heroes had returned. Tyler brought the tiger to Rias and Belfast and the redhead noted the s cratches on Victoria's armor and the tiger's claws.
"Looks like SHE had a close call."
He chuckled at that one as he set the tiger down.
"And learned a few lessons."
The experienced redheaded leader looked at him sharply then.
"Should we be concerned?"
"You ever hear of a story called Game of Thrones?"
"I have not."
"Okay. Royalty is a game."
"Ah."
"And a piece was aquired, and has changed hands."
She blinked at the implications before nodding.
"I WILL expect details later. But I get it."
"Alright."
Strand appeared then with a smirk to aid in the skinning of the tiger.
"The forest hears many things."
"I DO hope we have an understanding."
"We do, Berserker. The forest does not care."
"I sincerely hope so."
The tiger was skinned and the valuable material collected. Tyler smiled as he worked the pelt into a cloak for Seria, much to Rias' amusement.
"Giving her a gift of tiger fur? How cute!"
Tyler smiled as he put the gift into his pack.
"I gotta spoil my Princess don't I?"
"You do indeed."
The remains of the carcasses were dumped in the forest fringe for scavangers. Tyler returned to the camp where Strand took him into the trees.
"Now you will learn plants."
The next few hours passed with the warrior getting schooled in plants and tracking by the skilled ranger. When he returned to camp he had a good base of knowledge to build on as he sat by his fire. The rest of the tired heroes returned as well and Tyler smiled.
"One more day of this, then we return to Berun. I'll see Seria, and we'll head for Dunkrick."
Belfast appeared beside him with a smile.
"You miss her."
"I do. A lot."
She smiled happily at this.
"I am happy for you. And am here for you."
He hugged her.
"Thanks Belfast."
She smiled as they relaxed by the flames before her smile turned knowing.
"And I would like tonight."
"Sure thing, Belfast."
The silver haird beauty siled with excitement for her upcoming night. Tyler merely relaxed by the flames as the day wound down. He didn't have first watch for once and when the Fire's Out call he and Belfast went into the tent. She smiled as he closed the flaps.
"And do no worry. Not a sound."
He kissed her.
"As you wish."
They played for a few hours in the tent before she got her cream and orgasm. Then the pair settled down for the night with her on his chest.
"I admit I looked forward to this."
"I did too."
She smiled as he stroked her soft silver hair adoringly.
"Good night, Tyler."
"Good night, dear."
"Oh my."
"I had to at least once."



STILL MORE FORESTING.
DAY 8.
SUNDAY.
GOLD: 8,050.



Tyler woke to the sight of Belfast asleep beside him in his bedroll. She had rolled on her side and pressed her back into the curve of his body with his arm around her narrow waist holding her hand to her breast. he smiled at how she felt in his arm and kissed her awake.
"Good morning Tyler."
"Good morning Belfast. You're warm."
She smiled as he kissed her again.
"I admit I like this."
"I do too."
She smiled happily at that one before they got dressed and left the tent. He relit the fire as she cleaned up in the river while the warrior made their breakfast. She came back refreshed and he took his turn in the waters. The pair fed well afterwards and Tyler looked at the rest of the heroes' tents noting Asia and Rias had snuggled together and Kirito and Asuna had flushed faces of their own as they exited their own tent. He chuckled as he saw that one and Belfast smiled knowingly as well.
"Good for them."
Once the camp were people again Strand took Tyler back into the woods.
"This day you will spend in the forest. You are not permitted to return to your camp until the sun goes down."
He nodded and got moving through the trees as his unseen shadow kept watch. The warrior had a smile on his face as he wandered through the forest keeping track of his direction as he did so. Tyler smiled as he enjoyed the rather relaxing walk through the forest. I'll see Seria when I get back and we'll go snuggle on that bench on that balcony. Tyler crossed a stream and found himself on the edge of another clearing of sand. He tossed another rock and got no reaction this time so he walked out fearlessly. The sand crunched softly under foot as he walked when he noticed a rockwall jutting from the floor of the forest. Curious he walked over to the thing and blinked at the light grey and orange lines that indicated tin and copper.
"Cool. Oh that could be fun. I'll learn how to be a blacksmith."
He took a pickaxe from is enchanted toolbelt and began digging at the rockface. The stone gave way easily enough for the warrior as he pried the valuable ore from it's grasp. He retrieved several dozen pounds of workable ore from the fire before he got the last of it from the rock. Happy with the haul he headed off to hunt something. Strand's voice was heard from the trees.
"Seek a proper apprenticeship if you wish to learn smithing Tyler."
"Will do Strand."
She was gone and he was alone again. A deer bounded across his path and an arrow took the hart in the heart. Tyler butchered the buck and took the pelt with him as he made a fire by a stream. He made a lunch of cooked deer meat and some stream water before moving on. He shouldered his pack without a sound as he continued on his walk when he walked out into an odd clearing in the forest. This one more a VERY beaten path leading through the forest and he looked at the ground....and blinked.
"Oh damn."
A set of large three toed tracks were crushed into the dirt leading through through the torn up forest.
"I'd know those anywhere. Tyrannasaur. And a BIG ONE too."
He looked in the direction the apex predator had gone and smiled as he got to tracking the immense animal.
"Two for two."
Strand appeared from a treetop and landed her leap beside him.
"I will accompany you on this hunt. Tyrants are that kind of prey."
"Thanks Strand."
The elven ranger nodded as they tracked the beast. Tyler had a look ahead at the trail as they walked and Strand kept her own watch as well. The ground started shaking after a fifteen minute walk and Strand looked for a suitable ambush point as Tyler chuckled.
"I got it."
He put his hands to his mouth and blew a long, echoing trumpet into the air. Strand smiled thinly at the plan as an earsplitting;y loud bellow of rage came back at them and tyler mirrored it with a more aggressive noise. The ground started shaking from the immense animal as it charged towards them and it appeared a few seconds later. Unlike Maneater, the last tyrant Tyler had fought, this one was a deep forest green with longer jaws and more teeth. Tyler merely fired a grapple into a tree and swung towards the immense theropod as the thing lunged at him. it missed and Tyler used the grapple's retract ability to send him hurtling over the back of it's neck with his greatsword in a vicious swing. the back of the animal's neck was sliced open and the beast dropped to the ground with a slam from a severed spinal cord. he landed beside the thing as Strand clapped slowly at the feat.
"Well done Tyler. VERY, well done. To kill a fully grown forest tyrant with such ease. We Rangers will see to the animal and the material sent to the Capital."
"Thanks Strand."
"You may return to the camp. By the time you return it will be that time anyway."
He smiled and headed back through the forest on the way he came. He returned to the camp a few hours later and found he was not the first to return. Rias was firmly seated by his fire with her boots beside her and was rubbing her sore feet tenderly as he walked up.
"Worked a little TOO hard Rias?"
She smirked as he flopped beside her.
"Shut up."
"Ha."
He took his Status Plate out and smiled.
"Level 3."
"HOW are you DOING that?"
"I'm picking fights."
"Oh."
He opened his stats and smiled.
"I got 30 points this time. Alright. Strength is 50, Defense is 200, Stamina is 250, Vitality is 300, Dexterity is 15, Agility is 15, Intelliegence is 500, Mana is 15, Magic is 15, Magical defense is 15. I'll put 5 into Strength, Dexterity, Agility, Mana, MAgic Defense, and Magic. so 55 strength, 20 mana, 20 dexterity, 20 magic, 20 magic defense. I have 5 left. I'll put them into strength. So 60."
He smiled at the new numbers as Rias sighed.
"I haven't even leveled up ONCE."
"You'll get there, Rias. Just practice in the arena a few hours a day and you'd be amazed how fast you'll level up"
"Thanks Tyler."
"Sure thing."
She smiled and he patted her fondly before she rested her head on his shoulder.
"I'll snuggle tonight."
"sure thing Rias."
She smiled at the easy acceptance and he rubbed her back affectionately, making her smile warmer as they relaxed by the fire. Belfast returned a little later and smiled as she saw the friend snuggled up by the fire. The kindly lady sat across from them and Rias smiled sheepishly at the knowing light in her eyes.
"It's nice."
Tyler just chuckled at that one as Belfast placed some deer meat by their pile. The three friends then relaxed by the flames as around them the rest of the heroes relaxed as well from a hard day's training in the forest. Victoria strode into view then with a smirk.
"Alright Maggots. Tomorrow we are returning to Berun. One day back in the city, then we are riding for Dunkrick for the next leg of your training. I will explain it on the ride."
Tyler smiled at the news.
"I can't wait to see Seria again."
Rias smiled at that excitement with a sad onging in her eyes as she was right there on his shoulder, and yet was longing for another girl. Belfast saw this and smiled understandingly. Tyler didn't notice Rias' reaction as he was wrapped up in the thought of his princess. The day wound down and he was on first watch again. He did his statue of armor imitation by the river for the required hours before he returned to his tent. He found it empty for once and shrugged as he laid in it. The warrior settled on the bedrolls and smiled at the ceiling.
"I'll see you soon, my Princess."

HONEY, I'M COMING HOME.
DAY 9.
MONDAY.
GOLD: 8,050

Tyler woke the next morning with a refreshed smile. The tent was empty for once besides him and he aid it no mind as he cleaned up in the river and got ready for the day. Around him the rest of the heroes did so with excitement to return to the city. Victoria strode among them smirking.
"Break camp."
They broke camp in 20 minutes and had the horses ready in five. Tyler mounted Shadow and the massive Morbol tossed his head with excitement. Tyler chuckled as he patted the big guy.
"I know. I feel it too."
"Maggots, MOVE OUT!"
Victoria's bark had them moving through the forest back to the road and she was again upfront with the warrior and the leaders of the heroes company. Asuna smiled as she saw te excited smile on his face.
"Missing someone?"
He chuckled.
"Yeah. Seria."
"She's a lucky girl. Do it right."
"OVERdo it you mean."
They returned to the road and thundered along the familar sight with the warrior's black image in the lead as he saw Berun's palace in the distance rearing up against the landscape. The force rode hard that day and camped in the same spot as before for that night. Tyler had smiled as he remembered they'd reach the city before noon tomorrow.
"I'll be home soon."


HONEY, I'M HOME.
DAY 10.
TUESDAY.
GOLD: 8,050.



Tyler woke the next morning refreshed and eager to see Seria. He left his tent and made himself breakfast of deer meat, some water, and a few strawberries he'd found the previous day. The camp was broken and the force was moving on. Asuna rode up beside him as they went.
"Sooo, have you noticed anything off about Rias, Tyler?"
He looked at her curiously.
"Rias? Umm, no. She's been the same since I've met her. why something happen?"
The redheaded wife to Kirito sighed.
"well, no. Just you two were inseperable for the longest time, then bam. She's avoiding you."
"Avoiding me?"
He looked over his shoulder and spotted Rias' blood red hair easily enough by Belfast's silver. The redheaded beauty had a smile on her face as she chatted with Belfast and he noted her eyes were sparkling as usual. He shrugged and looked at Asuna.
"She's fine. Just hanging with our other friends."
Asuna smiled warmy at that deduction.
"I guess. She's a tough one."
"Oh you have no idea. Rias is one hell of a girl. And an even better friend."
"Seria won't like hearing you gush about other girls!"
He snorted at that.
"Pff. Seria's MY girlfriend. Rias is a good friend. No competition there."
Asuna whistled at that stance.
"Wow. Lucky girl."
He smiled at that as the city approached.
"Lucky the BOTH of us."
"GOOD mindset."
The party rode on with the thunder of hooves around them for a few hours until they reached the city gates and Victoria smirked as they rode through them.
"Heroes....DIIIISMIIISSS!"
Tyler had Shadow riding through the city at a light canter taking full advantage of the people's reaction to part on sight on his way to the palace. The warrior hitched his horse by the front door and walked up the steps as knights and nobles alike chuckled at the smile on the warrior's face as he went. Tyler walked in the door and spotted seria on her throne looking bored as all hell as she tended to the matters of court with her mother. The warrior walked up as a nobleman was speaking.
"Milady Seria, it is good to see you in such fine health! HAve yuo perchance given consideration to our wedding plans?"
Tyler smirked at that one as Seria sighed dejectedly.
"I have already rejected your suit Lord Vindlin. There is no wedding."
The man chuckled at this.
"Come now, Milady. It would not do for you to marry another, not when I own the mass majority of your country's farms."
Mylissia smirked at this news.
"Are you BLACKMAILING her, Lord Vindlin?"
"Oh heavens no, Your Grace. Just remindin her of her duty."
Seria blinked at this.
"Duty? I reject you."
Vindlin smiled.
"I see. Then I am afraid there has been a disruptionto the shipments of provisions-"
"Ya know something? BLACKMAILING the girl you want to marry is NEVER a good way to start a relationship."
Tyler's mockingly cheery bark coming from RIGHT behind the man made him jump a good 3 feet as Seria squealed.
"TYLER! YOU'RE BACK!"
"Gimme a minute. I gotta deal with the trash."
Vindlin recovered from his fright to confront the smiling Berserker.
"Oh. YOU. I am sorry, but YOUR suit has been thrown out-"
The greatsword appeared under his chin and Tyler smiled at him.
"Do I remind you what I did to Secor?"
That made the man shudder before he regained himself.
"I am repsonsible for FEEDING her COUNTRY-"
The sword flashed and the man dropped without a head. Tyler turned to face the stunned court now with the dripping blade on his shoulder.
"I will not give the same warning twice. Seria is MINE. Piss me off, and I'll just kill you. Oh. And if you try to BLACKMAIL either of them, into marriage or the bed, I'll kill you. Do I make myself clear?"
A chorus of oaths was heard and he smirked.
"Odd. I ALREADY gave you this warning. HOw can I be so sure you'll follow it this time?"
A sound of a scuffle was heard before a woman was shoved forward and Mylissia smirked.
"The meaning of the offering?"
One of the other nobles explained.
"She has been trying to BUY a hero's loyalty since they appeared, Your Grace. She already bought Knight Captain Victoria's honor and has been trying to use to coerce a hero to usurp you."
Tyler chuckled.
"Ya don't say? Victoria, attend me."
THere was a mass gasp from the court and the thrones at this and Tyler looked at a widely smiling Mylissia knowingly.
"You're not the only one that knows how to play this game. OR knows a snake den when he sees one."
Victoria came in and knelt before the warrior.
"Sire. I have come."
"State to the court what that woman wanted from you. Leave out NO DETAIL."
"Sire."
The knight captain went on to explain the woman's hiring, orders, wants, and everything else to the court. Rias and the rest had walked in and the redhead blinked as she saw the show before smirking as she understood his words of the days prior. Once Victoria finished her tale, Mylissia nodded.
"It seems there has been a great many moves made by my seemingly loyal and honorable court. And it seems the Berserker is already quite skilled at seeing through the machinations of the people around him. This slight will not go unanswered. Tyler. If you were in my shoes, how would you deal with them?"
Tyler smirked.
"Place a spell of utter loyalty on them both and have that noble take over Vindlin's farms."
The queen blinked.
"enSLAVE them?"
"I didn't use that word. I said LOYALTY SPELL."
She laughed at that one.
"And those feed off the honor of the enchanted for their strength! the more honorable they are the more powerful it is! Clever! it will be done!"
"And have them swear to ME. NOT you."
Mylissia smirked at the ploy.
"Indeed. as you are the one they sought to buy, this is most fitting. it will be done."
Tyler chuckled as he looked at a shaking Victoria.
"You're mine now. Welcome to hell."
Rias' chuckle was heard across the hall and Seria smiled sweetly as she waited for him to notice her again. Tyler then smiled and turned to face Seria.
"I missed you, Seria."
She smiled happily as he walked up to take her in his arms.
"I missed you too."
"Hey."
He drapped the tiger fur cloak on her shoulders.
"Surprise."
She beamed at the second gift.
"I love tiger fur! I love it!"
He wrapped her in his arms and leaned in her ear.
"I love you."
She gasped at this and smiled so widely her face nearly split as she pressed her face into his neck.
"I love you too."
HE shivered and Mylissia smiled warmly as she guessed.
"Seria, dear, we will discuss the future."
"Yes Mother."
"Tyler."
"We'll chat later."
She nodded and the warrior smiled as he held his princess.
"Hey seria."
"Yeah?"
"Let's ditch."
She smiled happily.
"Sure!"
He swept her up into a princess cradle and carried her off. Much to the court and Mylissia's amusement. Seria had a happy blush on her face as the warrior carried her through the palace.
"Anything I should know NOW Tyler?"
"Well. Belfast was fun."
"The lady with the silver hair?"
"That's her."
Seria nodded.
"Is she fallen?"
"Hmmm, I'd say no. More out for fun."
"HAve ANY fallen?"
"I'd say not."
"Good. You're MINE."
"Yes Seria."
"Teehee!"
"My gods I missed you."
She smiled at that as they went to the balcony on the upper floor.
"I missed you too. Thank you for killing Vindlin. He's been trying for me since you left."
He laid her on the bench and laid beside her.
"anyone else?"
"Oh a fair few. even a noblewoman or three."
"Oh now those I'm fine with."
She laughed with a blush at the easy acceptence.
"My lessons are covering ladies as well for that reason. I like them."
"Sexy. I'll be sure to ask for a recording."
She blushed a deep red at THAT permission! Then he wrapped an arm around her shoulders.
"So, what next, Seria?"
She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder.
"Now we talk wedding plans."
"I'm workin on it."
"Oh dear. Um,"
"A COMPLETE surprise."
"Oh dear. yay!"
He chuckled at her excitement before he held her tightly.
"I love you Seria."
She squeaked at the confession before smiling happily.
"I love you too, Tyler."
"I'm in town for the day before we ride for Dunkrick in the morning."
"I'm not going anywhere. Not with THAT display in the court."
He stroked her azur hair lovingly and she smiled at the petting before a chuckle was heard.
"So THIS is what you two do when no one's looking. I like it."
Mylissia appeared over the back of the bench and Seria blushed at getting caught.
"Um, I'm comfy?"
"Peace sweetie. We need discuss the future is all."
The queen laid on the bench beside the cuddling pair and it magically grew to accomadate her and Tyler offered her an arm.
"Cocky bastard."
She rested her head on his shoulder and blinked as she relaxed.
"Oh my. Seria, dear, i see why you like this so much."
Seria giggled as she snuggled her hero like a kitten.
"I love him for a reason mother!"
Tyler just smiled as he stroked her blue hair and Mylissia smiled.
"Tyler?"
"I love her too."
The queen had been looking in his eyes as he spoke and smiled att he immense flash in the brown depths as he said the words.
"Good. it is real. Now, the wedding?"
"i'm working on it."
That made the queen blink.
"ARE you?"
"Yup. Sad to say I haven't found any of the pieces yet."
"She cannot be bedded until the wedding night."
"I figured. Cuddles?"
Seria smiled.
"Sure!"
Mylissia sighed with a fond smile at her eagerness.
"Oh fine. Tyler may live in your chambers Seria."
"Yayy!"
Tyler smiled at her cheer as he hugged her tightly.
"I'll make sure to clean the mess."
"Hey! I LIKE it like that!"
He laughed at her sudden shift to indignity and just held her tighter. Seria smiled happily and held her hero with her own impressive strength before Mylissia chuckled.
"So when IS the weddign Tyler?"
He smirked and produced a book from his pocket he then slid to her. the queen smirked as well...until she started flipping the pages describing a VERY lavish and grandoise occasion.
"Oh my."
"She DID say overdo it."
"Overdo it. yeah."
Seria gulped at her mother's awed voice.
"Mother?"
"Do not fear, Sweetie. HE just has a vision. This will be out into action immediately. And she will know NOTHING."
Seria gulped again and her blue eyes were wide. Tyler merely patted her.
"Trust me."
"Oh. Kay!"
She relaxed nearly instantly and he just chuckled at her easy acceptance before the queen smiled.
"So, that one girl."
"Belfast?"
"No. Rias."
Tyler looked at her curiously.
"What about her? She okay?"
Mylissia looked at him in mild surprise.
"You haven't noticed?"
"Ummm, no?"
"Oh that poor girl. Tyler, are you dense or blind?"
"Ahh, neither? well depends on the context."
"Like with seeing other girls' feelings?"
"Oh. No not really. I picked up on Seria's easily enough."
She giggled as he patted her and Mylissia smiled warmly.
"So all you saw was her?"
"Well, yeah. Belfast's just out for fun. nothing serious."
"GOOD man."
Tyler looked at her curiously.
"So why did you bring up Rias?"
"If you must know, ask her yourself."
"Uuuh okay."
Seria pouted.
"You're MINE."
"YOU are MINE."
She beamed and he hugged her tightly before looking at Mylissia.
"I'll go find out. Hug her for me will ya?"
"Most warmly."
He passed Seria over to the queen and headed to Rias' room with a warm heart. I'm marrying the Princess! Me! I love this world! He smiled as he walked up to their door and tapped a knuckle. Rias' voice was heard.
"Safe."
He walked in and found Rias in her robe resting on the couch. She smiled smally at him as he walked in.
"Belfast's with Unicorn."
"Still kinda jealous of the both of them."
She smiled a little wider at that as he sat beside her. Then she looked at him.
"So THAT was why Victoria got attacked."
"Yeah sorry for not tellin you sooner. The moment never presented itself."
"I get it. I kinda figured it out when you called her. Nicely played."
"I got a few tricks up my sleeve."
She chuckled at that and laid flat on the couch.
"So you an the princess huh?"
"Yup. I got the nod, so i'll be living with her now."
Rias whistled.
"must be getting serious."
"I love her."
She blinked at the warm smile as he said those words and smiled as well.
"Damn dude. I felt that from here. Lucky her."
"Ha. Lucky the BOTH of us."
Rias laid back and sighed as she looked at the ceiling.
"Must be nice. Having someone you care for THAT MUCH."
He looked at her.
"You okay?"
She glared at him now.
"Oh NOW you notice? Did someone have to point it out to you?"
"Yes they did. Sorry, I kinda get tunnel vision with the girl i love."
"And yet you slept with BELFAST twice?"
"She is out for fun. NOTHING serious."
Rias just slumped at this answer.
"So what? Looking for your second piece in your harem?"
"I DON'T WANT a harem. I have Seria. Since we've commited to each other now, I'll give Belfast the turndown when I see her next."
That just made Rias sigh sadly.
"Like I said. lucky girl."
Tyler leaned back on the couch now and Rias put her bare feet on his lap.
"Greeat. i'm a footstool."
"Ha."
She smirked at that one before she smiled sadly.
"I like you."
"I like you too, Rias. As a dear friend."
"I liked you as a boyfriend."
He sighed at that and smiled at her.
"You're a truly amazing and beautiful girl, Rias. I mean that. But I have Seria. I won't let you think you have a shot when you don't."
The redhead spun around to rest her head on his lap now.
"So you're shooting ME down? even with the fandom?"
He smiled.
"I am. I love Seria. As much as you are, Rias, Seria is that much more to me."
Her blue eyes glistened wetly for a moment before she smiled.
"Even if Harems are the culture here?"
"even if they are, Seria's more then enough for my heart."
"Wow. Never thought I'd see the day a straight boy would turn ME down like this."
"Never thought I'd have THE Rias Gremory trying THIS hard to be my girlfriend."
"You win."
"So do you. You're YOU."
She smiled warmly at that and she took his hand.
"I'll challange her then."
"Oh come on Rias. I already said no."
She sighed at that harder line and he let her hand go. The redhead had tears appear in her eyes now.
"I just want to be happy, Tyler. Issei dumped ME for a dove that LOOKS like me, and now I'm alone."
"i'm sorry Rias. I'd like to stay good friends. But I won't if you keep pushing it."
She sniffed at this and sat up.
"Sorry."
"The first one sucks."
The redhead nodded as tears fell from her eyes and he got up. Rias grabbed him from behind for a hug.
"We're friends?"
He smiled at her.
"Oh the very best."
She smiled warmly and pressed her face into his back where the symbol of her house was woven into the back of his jacket.
"Just...don't leave me too, okay?"
"I won't. I promise."
She shivered and let him go. Tyler walked out the door to find Belfast and Akeno waiting. The silver haired maid smiled warmly as he faced her.
"I heard."
"Sorry Belfast. I got mine."
"I completely understand. and know it was never for anything serious. We are good friends."
"Oh the best."
Akeno smiled as she got a hug from the warrior.
"We got her."
"Sparky."
"You just couldn't resist can you? Thanks."
"every time Akeno."
He headed off along the hall as Jerial appeared froma corner.
"Allow me to show the way to your chambers, My lord, from INSIDE the palace."
"Well damn there goes that plan."
He left the ladies to deal with their brokenhearted friend as he followed Jerial through the palace. The Sea Wraith smiled as they climbed the steps.
"I am happy for you, Tyler."
"Thanks Jerial. I love that girl dearly."
"And so long as those butterflies never go out, you will be just fine."
"Still jealous a you two."
She chuckled at that one as she showed him to a large door.
"Your key."
He walked in and smiled as he saw Seria seated on her couch in a robe.
"I've bene waiting for you my love."
His heart jumped at that sweetly said greeting.
"Honey, I'm home."
she smiled at that as he looked around. The chamber was massive with warmed furred floors and a high ceiling. the walls were decorated with enchanted paintings of sunsets, brightly colored flowerbeds, and some animals. The room had an inroom in ground bath pool that steamed with plenty of benches for soaking while the water gave off the sweet scent of vanilla. A grand fireplace heated the room and added the scent of pine to the vanilla while on the far wall was her immense and messy bed. The princess' various dress manniquins were still present with a few more for more modern outfits from his world while the fur panties were still present on the floor and everywhere else. Seria was comfily seated on her large sofa that wrapped around the fireplace and he set his sword by the door and she nodded with a smile a set of empty male manniquins.
"Those are yours, love."
He smiled at that as he hung his iconic coat on one.
"Thanks seria."
"we LIVE together!"
"I know. I feel it too."
She smiled happily as he joined her bare chested on the couch and the affectionate girl wasted no time in snuggling up with her hero. He held her tightly and the girl rested her head on his chest.
"I smell another girl."
"Rias fell."
"I see. What did you tell her?"
"I told her I have you. You're more then enough for my heart."
"You rejected her?"
"I did."
Seria smiled.
"Even though I am fine with the harem?"
"even though. You're the one I love, Seria."
She smiled proudly.
"I love you too, Tyler. If I said I wanted the harem?"
"I'd ask you why."
Seria rested her head in his lap.
"Maybe I like variety?"
He chuckled at that tease as he patted her belly.
"I'd call you a teasing minx."
"Teehee!"
"cute too."
She giggled again without a blush and then blushed hard.
"Um, we'll sleep together."
"I won't attack you."
"Phew. I want to, but the wedding night."
"cuddles?"
"Yay!"
He hugged her hard and she smiled as they relaxed. Seria fell asleep on his lap and he smiled at the feeling as he stroked her long blue hair gently. I love this girl. Dearly. He kinda felt bad for breaking Rias' heart, but that paled in comparison to the roiling joy in his heart at his princess' lover as she slept on his leg.
"I love you. So much Seria."
She shivered in her sleep and smiled as he fell asleep too.

Tyler woke a few hours later to find he'd laid beside Seria on the couch with her securely wrapped in his arms. The warm princess was still sound asleep and he smiled at her sleeping face as he leaned in her ear.
"I LOVE you, Seria."
She woke with a shiver and a squeak.
"Oh I love you too! that felt great!"
He chuckled at her new smile before he smirked.
"I got something to show you."
"Um, uh-oh."
"Trust me."
"Kay! What is it?"
"It's something from my world. Strip naked and lay on your belly on the bed."
She blushed hard at this demand. But smiled.
"I sleep naked anyway. So sure."
"Never a word."
"Yeah."
They went to the bed where she dropped her dress and pink fur panties before laying on the bed. She smiled nervously as he straddled her heart shaped ass.
"Um,"
"Now relax."
"Okay?"
He pressed into her back and she moaned at the cracks and release of tension.
"What are you DOING to me, Tyler? it feels good!"
"It's called a massage."
"Oooh I like this!"
He smiled as he worked her back over and had the poor princess mewling like a kitten amid the cracks and pops of her body. He let her foot go,
"Now roll over."
"Kay."
She rolled over with a flushed face and a smile. her massive breasts bounced from the movement and he loved how she looked naked while her slit was bald. She smiled.
"Like me?"
"I love you."
"Me too!"
He started on her arms and she groaned at the relaxing as he worked up her arms and down her shoulders. she blushed as he neared her orbs.
"Um, be nice to them."
"I will."
"And...that place too?"
"I can avoid it if you like?"
"Please? It's....sensitive."
He smiled and worked her surprisingly hard breasts over for a few minutes before rubbing her belly down. Seria was writhing in pleasure at the feelings as he moved to her thighs, giving her small slit a wide berth before he popped her knees and did the tops of her feet. He let her go and smiled.
"Now hop in the pool. see how it feels."
"Only if YOU join me!"
"Absolutely."
He stripped down as well and her eyes went wide at her destined sword.
"Oh dear. Um, I'll need more lessons."
"I'm nice."
"Phew."
They got in the pool and she MOANED at the feelings in the warm water on her massage relaxed body. Tyler chuckled as he saw the water turn red and brown from his time in the forest. Seria giggled as she saw this.
"YOU work hard!"
"I leveled up twice already."
"So you're level 3?"
"yup. You're 75 right?"
"Actually I'm level 80. I work hard too!"
He hugged her and she smiled at that before she squeaked as he sat her between his legs.
"Hey! i was comfy!"
"Ha."
He took a comb and she blinked as he started combing her hair.
"Oh! I love it when my hair's done!"
"I'll be sure to do it for you then. and give you another massage when you want."
"BEST. LOVER. EVER!"
He chuckled at that vehement praise as he worked on her watery tresses. Seria smiled as she enjoyed the spoil before he patted her shoulder.
"Have a look."
She rose and looked in a mirror....and gasped.
"Oh my I LOVE IT!"
Her hair had been combed into a sleek straightness that added a shimmering effect when she moved that made the beautiful princess seem like she had the sky growing out of her head. she did a spin and her hair twirled around her like a blue tutu attached to her head. Tyler smiled as she spun before she slipped on the slik pool bottom and he had her in his arms before she fell. she blushed at the rescue and the sword poking her in her slit but he smiled as he set her on her feet.
"You okay?"
"Yeah."
He smiled.
"I gotchya."
She smiled warmly at the vow as they sat on the bench to clean up properly this time. Once finished the pair walked out onto her balcony in matching robes of black to look out over their city. Tyler had her under his arm and she nestled her head on his shoulder like a bird. he smiled.
"I love this world, seria."
She smiled warmly.
"I love you."
He held her tighter before the door to the chamber opened and Jerial walked in with their dinner. Seria smiled as she saw her.
"Jerial's my personal maid too."
"Lucky."
The pair had a relaxing meal together by the freplace before Seria yawned. Tyler lifted her with a smile into a princess cradle and laid her in the bed. She smiled as he snuggled up beside her.
"I love you Tyler."
He wrapped her up in his arms as they settled down.
"I love you too, Seria. And damn are you a warm one."
She giggled at that assessment as he ran a hand over her belly. She did indeed sleep naked.
"That tickles!"
"Oh it tickles, eh?"
"eep!"
The poor princess was mercilessly attacked by her lover for tickles and the hall echoed with her giggles and squeals until he had her pinned to the bed with her hands in his and him on top. She smiled as she panted from the intense moment.
"Brute. Attacking a pretty girl for tickles like that."
He smiled as he clasped her hands and she smiled at the feeling and the urge.
"Not like this."
He laid beside her and she smiled with a minor relief at the easy dismount and he pulled her close.
"I love you too, Seria."
She snuggled as close to him as she could get.
"I love you too, Tyler. We'll get there, I promise."
"I'll wait for yuo forever."
"Umm it won't be THAT long."
He chuckled at that one as she rested her head to his chest.
"Don't die out there. Please."
"Don't betray me in here. Please."
"I won't. I promise."
"I won't. I promise."
She smiled at the exchange of vows feeling before she yawned again and her blue eyes closed.
"Good night, Tyler. My Husband."
"Good night, Seria, my beloved wife."



ON THE ROAD AGAIN.
DAY 11
WEDENSDAY.
GOLD: 9,050.


Tyler woke to the sight of Seria asleep on his chest with her blue haired head under his chin and her arms around his neck. His arms were around her narrow waist while her long blue hair covered them both like a blanket of cobalt while her incredible body heat warmed him to his core. He leaned in her ear.
"I love you, Seria."
She woke with a shiver and smiled proudly as she tightened her hug.
"I love you too, Tyler. Good morning."
"Good morning my WIFE."
She giggled at that before they got out of bed. She gave a long stretched that saw her bust bounce that quickly turned into a giggle as he ran a finger down her spine.
"Hey! that felt REALLY weird!"
He did it again and she shivered from the odd feeling.
"Hey! Stop screwing with me!"
"But it's FUN to screw with you."
"I learned from Akeno that if you make me mad i can make you sleep on the couch."
"Uh-oh. What ELSE have you learned from her?"
Seria tilted her head at this question as the warrior went about his morning warmups.
"Hmm, I learned how to wear a bikini, that how you say it? They're cute. She taught me what creams and lotions do down there and how to make my boobs grow. And feel better."
"Anything weird?"
"hmm, well she DID give me this slingshot looking thing she called a thong. It's supposed to be sexy underwear but just looks painful. Oh! She also taught me how to tie a person up for better fun. That was weird."
"Dammit Akeno. Hilarious but come on."
Seria looked at him curiously for the goodnatured grumble.
"Is it bad?"
"No. Akeno's into kinky shit."
"Kinky?"
"She likes tying her lovers up and playing with them."
"OOOOH. Weird."
"Very. She's a good person though."
"She's super sweet!"
"Asia?"
Seria sighed at the name.
"SHE I LOVE! That girl is just SOOO SWEET! I want her for my maid!"
Tyler patted her with a smile.
"I'll be sure to let her know you wanna see her."
Seria smiled at the affection before they cleaned up in the pool and Jerial brought their breakfast in. Tyler fed well with his princess before he hugged her tightly.
"I'll see you soon Seria."
She smiled and passed him a Spell Card.
"Longing Night. It'll summon me to you for a night's snuggle."
"I'll be sure to use it alot."
"Yay! It's a marriage spell and is only given when the union is set. Since it is, here!"
He held her tightly.
"I love you so much."
She held him tighter.
"I love you too. now go be a legend."
He chuckled at that order.
"You go be beautiful."
"Sure!"
He walked her to her throne and carried her up to the thing as her mother smiled.
"Seria, dear, we will have words."
"Kay! Last night was fun!"
He chuckled.
"Best night thus far."
"Hey when you get back can you do that thing to me again?"
"Oh sure. I can do it a lot."
"Yay! I felt SOOOOO good after!"
He chuckled at her looks of intensity on the faces of the ladies and Mylissia.
"I'll make you feel better."
"Uh-oh."
"Ha. I'll be back soon, Seria."
She smiled.
"I'll be waiting."
He smirked knowingly at the queen and she cracked her knuckles tellingly at the nudge.
"I will be interviewing my daughter MOST exactingly Tyler."
"HAve fun."
He headed out as Seria was encased in the sphere with her smirking mother. The warrior was met by Rias and Belfast at the door and the redhead had her light back in her eyes as she smirked at him.
"MAssage?"
"Oh my god she loved it."
"Ha. And....I want to talk to you. Okay?"
"Sure Rias."
She smiled in minor relief as they got trotting to the coliseium.
"I was a LITTLE worried."
"Like I said. that first one SUCKS."
"Later. I...need to say something."
He smiled warmly at her before he looked at Belfast.
"Soooo I need a favor."
The maid smiled.
"What can I do to help?"
"Looking to surprise her. Think you can have Unicorn say hi?"
"easily my dear. Though I fear we would lose her."
"Seria loves her sweethearted little sisters."
Rias smirked.
"Asia too?"
"Yup."
"Okay. YOU'RE trying to stage a kidnapping. We'll do it."
He smiled and slid Belfast a thin notebook when they turned a corner. She smiled at the misdirection.
"Appreciate it Belfast."
"You are most welcome dear."
Rias smiled wistfully at the plot and he patted her fondly.
"we'll chat."
The friends arrived at the coliseum where they had their usual duels and magical practice. Then Victoria appeared in a new set of black armor that denoted her new alleigance and tyler smiled as she tipped her head to him.
"I appreciate the opportunity for redemption sire. i will not disappoint."
"Good mindset. So what's this about a dungeon?"
She smirked and switched to trainer.
"You MAggots will ride for Dunkrick and train n the Great Cocus Dungeon. One of about 10 or so thus far discovered constructs in the world. These are places of monsters, fame, fortune, and power. The ride to Dunkrick will take a week one way. YOU will need navigate the way WITHOUT the aid of the Knights. We will be traveling with you, but only to aid you in the dungeon."
Tyler nodded at this and looked to where Asuna was.
"We'll plan it out before we head out, Asuna."
She nodded as she came over.
"Absolutely. A week's ride. we'll need food, supplies, and gold."
"we'll take today for funds gathering and supply building. Belfast, pick a crew and see to the supplies. I'd like you to be Quartermaster."
"You can depend on me."
Tyler looked at Kirito.
"You gather some strong fighters and do soem grinding in the colsieum. we need funds for the trip."
"NOW you remind me of Heathcliff. But the good way. On it."
The warrior then looked at Rias.
"You gather a crew and do once overs for the equipment. A lot can go wrong on a week trip. MAke sure we're set."
"Sure thing BOSS."
"Ha. Any questions?"
He got crickets.
"Good. BREAK."
Victoria smirked.
"We set out TOMORROW?"
"Yup. Sorry. OUR safety is more important then a schedule."
"Good answer. we will be here in the morning."
Tyler went to the coliseum board as the heroes' brigade split to their tasks. The warrior looked at the offerings for the board when he saw one that made him tilt his head.
"A Bandit Company?"
The attendant chuckled.
"A large party of bandits versus you, Lord Berserker. About 25 men."
"The reward is 15,000. That'll do for a warmup."
He took the bill and walked into the arena. Kirito and his group of maybe 15 all had their own bills as well. Teh gate dropped behind the warrior as the announcer spoke.
"Lords and LAdies the Berserker is BACK in the Arena! And today he wants a FIGHT! He has elected to challange the Bandit Company! 25 men, ONE Berserker, who will stand? Place your bets people!"
Tyler drew his greatsword with a slow, exacting method as a long smile spread across his face.
"For Seria, my beloved Princess."
The princess was in her box as usual to watch her beloved champion ply his craft and she waved enthusisatically as the warrio waved his greatsword at her. The 25 men rose from cages fully equipped for the fight to come and Tyler cracked his neck as he refocused. the men formed up in lines with a practiced ease as the fight started and Tyler charged the melee fighters with the azurite greatsword at the ready. The first set of five were heavily armored with steel plate and wielding greatshields. Tyler however smirked.
"Firebolt!"
"Magical Rebuff!"
A mage in the backranks cast an antimagic field and the fire spell fizzeled out. Tyler frowned hard at this as he saw a gaping hole in his arsenal and his friends' arsenals. He shrugged as the azurite sword slammed into the greatshield of his first target. the enchanted metal sliced clean through the steel shield with ease and deep into the man's side. he dropped to the irt dead as a doornail as the warrior flung a dagger at the second bandit. The man deflected it with his shield and that in turn opened him up for a vicious impalement from the greatsword. he dropped and the remaining greatshielders slammed forward with their shields to try and hem the warrior in between them. Tyler threw the dead bandit at them instead and the result was the trio getting taken to the dirt as the mages finished chanting spells.
"FIRESTORM!"
"THUNDERFIELD!"
"FROZEN HELLSCAPE!"
Tyler gritted his teeth as he saw a MASSIVE hole in his arsenal as he now had to dance around the mages' powerful area of effect spells and he started to grow angry at his state of helplessness and his eyes started turning red.
"okay you wanna piss me off so damn badly, FINE. I'm PISSED."
He planted his feet as his eyes went blood red and he charged the lines of bandits with his rage boosted strength. The sword howled as he sliced three clean in half with a single lunge before he leapt high into the air.
"HITEN MYTSRUGI STYLE: RYUTSUITSAN!"
The sword impacted on the barrier of one of gthe four mages and split the magical barrier clean in half. The mage screamed in despair as the sword split him too like a log. Barrier dropped and the berserker spun a circle with the sword clutched low. the men jumped back at the razor sharp weapon and the warrior was off with another powerful strike at the second mage and he died in two pieces as well. The bandits surrounded him then and Tyler smirked as he hefted the sword.
"DARK SACRALANT!"
He swung the sword in a wide arc that send the Soul Killer attack outward like a fireball. Ten men dropped on contact with the attack and the remaining 6 were on the verge of fleeing entirely in the face of Tyler's overwheleming power. They charged again but Tyler smiled as his eyes returned to their usual brown hue. he lunged with a frightening speed with the greatsword howling. The first, second and third men dropped in two pieces before the last three tried to run only for flung daggers to take them in the spine. He rose without a scratch and victorious and waved his stained sword to the cheering crowds.
"there is a REASON I'm their leader!"
Seria clapped with an excited smile as he won again and he swept the sword into a deep bow before her, making the princess blush and the ladies clap happily for her romance. The warrior then looked at the dead men.
"Sooo I CAN loot them right?"
The announcer chuckled.
"You can Lord Berserker."
He went right for the mages and found their Status Plates easily enough before he looted their spells.
"Firestorm, Magical Rebuff, Thunderfield, Frozen Hellscape. Not a bad spread idiots. Alright. Now i just need more spells and some potions."
He looted an extra 600 gold off their bodies and headed out. Kirito high fived him as he exited the Arena.
"I sent word to Rias we need more spells and tricks."
"Good call. I'll put her in charge of our mages. You watch your ass in there."
"YOU too."
The Black Swordsmen and his grinder party went in next as Tyler collected his payout of 15,000 gold. He then looked at the board before spotting one that made him smirk.
"A Triceratops. A FULLY GROWN tric no less. 40 feet long, 10 feet tall, two 7 foot horns over the eyebrows, one 5 footer on the nose. Basically a bulldozer and it don't like you. Payout is...20,000. On it."
He took it and the Attendant chuckled.
"It'll be a bit, Lord Berserker. The Black Swordsmen and his company picked the Merc band. 50 men, about 15 of them. Yeah they'll be a while."
Tyler chuckled as he looked at her.
"It'll be over in five minutes."
She smirked.
"wanna make a bet?"
"Where's the window?"
"There."
He walked over to the booth in question and the man at it smirked.
"well, well. Lord Berserker. What be your poison?"
"24,000 on the Black Swordsmen winning in five minutes or less without a scratch."
"24 ya say? Ha. the odds there are immense. if ya WIN it be a 10 to 1 payout."
"240,000 right?"
"exactly."
Tyler smiled as he slid the gold over.
"Kirito's a legend. And one of MY icons pal Let that sink in."
"Oh damn."
Tyler went to Seria's box and smiled as he found her still there. She smiled happily as he hugged her.
"Tomorrow?"
"We got another night."
"Yay!"
He sat beside her as the 50 man merc company walked out. Seria saw this and smiled.
"So, come to watch?"
"Kirito's a badass. Watch this. i got money riding on this one too."
"If YOU look up to HIM why are YOU the leader?"
"I'm more extreme then he is."
"Ah."
The battle started and ended in a mere thirty seconds as Kirito and his company used their formidible skills and exprience to take them down. The crowd went wild at this easy victory and Tyler chuckled as a grumbling hawker brought him his payout.
"Damned Berserker. NO more bets ya greedy bastid."
"Pleasure doing business with you."
"ugh."
Seria giggled into her hand as Tyler took his weighted bag.
"Oh dear. Do I have cause to worry?"
"Nah. I never gamble without a loaded deck."
"Hilarious. And the payout?"
"hmm, 240k."
"Oh my."
"Yeah i know who to back. Oh. MY turn."
She smiled as he vaulted the railing of the balcony to swing on his gauntlets to the sandy floor.
"I love that idiot."
"I heard that."
"EEP!"
"Still cute."
Tyler landed in the middle of the arena as the announcer gave the spiel on his next opponent. There was aloud snorting trumpet from a steel portcullis and as the steel thing rose a solid blue shape came hurtling from inside it. The triceratops was covered in old scars and healed wounds from many a fight in it's day. Tyler smirked as the beast charged,
"FROZEN HELLSCAPE!"
The sand under his feet turned to solid ice and the tric merely slammed it's feet into the ice with authority. Tyler blinked at this ingenius counter and used his grapples to dodge the freight train barreling towards him.
"Ooookay. So it's a SMART lizard. Alright."
He smirked as he used the grapples to swing around the lowing in anger tric until he had the angle right and darted across the top of it's back in a spin that saw the sword slicing clean through the back of it's neck. the beast dropped with a slam and Tyler landed on it's back with the sword in an easy grip beside him as he looked at his princess.
"for you."
She smiled at the nonstop tributes and reminders as the crowd applauded the unorthodox victory. The warrior hopped off the back of the triceratops and went to collect his payment. The attendant chuckled as he got his 20,000.
"Make it look too easy why don'tchya?"
"Sure."
"Ugh. The animal is added to your bank."
"Thanks a lot!"
Kirito came over with a smile.
"We're making progress. 50k thus far."
"I want a hundred for the company."
"Asuna said the same damn thing. we're heading back in."
"Place bets on yourself."
"Oh we are doing that now. YOU going back in?"
He looked at the board.
"Absolutely."
He took a bill for another tyrant down and Kirito smirked.....when he took a SECOND down.
"Umm, Tyler?"
He chuckled as he took the THIRD.
"I'm proving a point here."
"Oh damn."
The Attendant smiled widely as he placed the three bills before her.
"The Party Killer, Forest Bane, and The Tyrant King in ONE FIGHT? This is going a match to see! If ya WIN the payout is 100,000 even. if you LOSE they'll NEVER find all a you."
"My kinda fight."
He walked into the area as the Announcer chuckled.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a LEGENDARY bout for you here today! The Berserker, versus the three most dangerous tyrants this side of the black mountains. That's right folks. The PArty Killer, Forest Bane, and the Tyrant King, are all in action this fight. How will Lord Berserker survive this one? Or has he finally bitten off more then he could chew?"
Tyler chuckled as he waved at Seria and she smiled back. Across from him the three cages containing the immense tyrannosaurs rose into view. Tyler cracked his neck as the beasts appeared and all were sporting old wounds and scars. The doors dropped and the three beasts rushed him as a unit. Tyler merely used his swings to dodge the car sized jaws of the dinosaurs to soar high in the air...and DART across the backs of their necks with the greatsword in a swinging arc. the result was two dropping from severed spinal cords and the warrior landed on the largest as it tried to pivot to reach him...and he stabbed it in the center of the skull plate. the rex died and dropped to the ground with a slam. The crowd was dead silent at this display of raw power and tyler lifted his sword onto his shoulder as he faced the crowd.
"Let this be a warning: DO NOT FUCK WITH MY PRINCESS. Are we clear?"
A nervous gulp went through the crowd and the city at the warning. Seria smiled sweetly.
"That's MY hero!"
"I love you too, Seria."
"I love you too, Tyler."
The warrior hopped off the backs of the dinos and the attendant chuckled as she slid the coin over.
"Okay. YOU'RE a hero. We get it."
Tyler chuckled as Kirito came over with a wide smile.
"We just made a fortune of that one, Tyler. 500k."
"Good. Keep at it."
"Oh we will."
Tyler then looked at the attendant.
"So where's the magic and ability shop?"
She smiled.
"The magic shop is by the palace. look for a blue building with pink smoke. The ability shop is the same place."
He headed off with a cheery whistle as if he HADN'T killed four dinaosaurs and 25 men in a matter of fifteen minutes.
He pulled his Status Plate out after a few minutes walk and smiled as he saw he'd leveled uop AGAIN to level 4. And was a quarter of the way to level 5.
"Not bad for a few hours grind. okay."
He had 35 points to place this time. So he pulled his numbers up. 60 Strength, 200 Defense, 250 Stamina, 300 Vitality, 20 Dexterity, 20 Agility, 500 Intelligence, 20 Mana, 20 Magic, 20 Magic defense. The wily warrior put an extra five points into Strength, Dexterity, Agility, Mana, Magic, and Magical defense. So he had 65 Strength, 25 Dexterity, 25 Agility, 25 Mana, 25 Magic, 25 Magical defense. He slapped the last five points into Strength for an even 70. Happy with the way his build was coming he closed his Status Plate to walked into the shop in clean view of the Royal Palace. The place was built like a circular library with three floors mixed with a trading card shop. Tyler looked at the differing spells on offer as a lady's voice was heard from the counter.
"Welcome to my shop Lord Berserker. How may i assist?"
He looked over and was faced with a VERY pale skinned lady. She was his height with pale skin that had a soft luminscent effect to it while her hair was a dark maroon in color. Her frame was slender and her eyes were a piercing shade of blue he kinda liked. Her bust was massive in her robes of purple and her lips had a coating of purple lipstick on them as he approached.
"Are you a vampire by chance?"
The lady chuckled at the notion.
"I am indeed, Lord Berserker. A pure blooded vampire."
"cool."
She smiled and a pair of elongated fangs were seen in her mouth.
"Is that INTEREST I detect?"
"Ha. Never met a vampire before."
"I see. My name is Sabrina. How may I assist?"
He smiled.
"Looking for some new abilities and spells."
"I see. anything in particular?"
"Hmm. Spells I'm looking for a healing spell, disease curer and poison purger."
She nodded.
"I have those in stock. Healing Touch closes a gash 6 inches long and 3 deep, Purify cleanes the body of illness and can even break curses if your affinity is high enough, and Snake Purge flushes the body of toxins. The total for the three is 15,000."
"YIKES. Okay."
He paid her the amount and added the cards to his Plate.
"Next up is a ward that alerts me to anything I deem hostile entering the perimeter."
"HAllowed Ground. And if it be undead or demon it burns them based on your own Magic skill. 10,000."
"Next up is an ice spell. preferably one that raises a wall of ice."
"Iced Wall is the one you seek. 10,000."
He added the spell and looked at his arsenal.
"firebolt, Firestorm, Thunderfield, Iced Wall, Hallowed Ground, Healing Tough, MAgical Rebuff, Snake Purge, Purify, Frozen Wastes, hm. You have any holy spells?"
"I have a few. One is called Sunburn. Burns a target with Holy power like a bad sunburn. More effective against undead. Next is Divine Slicer. A weapon enhancement that adds holy magic to a hit, and last is Sacred Smite. does the same as Slicer but a hammer specific ability."
"Hm. I'll take Slicer and Sunburn."
"25,000."
He added them and then switched to abilities.
"Now abilities. One that enchances a swordstroke?"
"Mighty Blow. Doubles the power of a single Greatsword Stroke. 2,500."
"One that highlights a targets vitals in my vision?"
She smirked at that.
"An Assassin skill. Called Target. 5,000."
"And a sense presence?"
"It's just called Sense Presence. A skill of the Hunter Proficency. 1,500."
He added the Ability cards before looking at other options in his arsenal. Then he remembered his bow.
"A skill that shatteres an arrow into mulitple shafts."
"Shatter Shaft. An Archer skill. 1,000."
"Now a skill that adds a phantom slash to my Greatsword."
"Oooh those are rare but I have one. It's called Ghost Cut. 50,000."
He added them and looked at his arsenal.
"Ghost cut, Dark Sacralant, Shatter Shaft, mighty Blow, Sense Presence, hmm. One that doubles the speed of a swing?"
"Tempest. the Dancer ability. Works on greatswords and can be stacked on other abilities. 5,000."
"Alright. I think that rounds out my immiedate needs....OH. One that enhances defense in a pinch?"
Sabrina smirked.
"I have three. Steel Skin. Adds 50 to defense for ten minutes. Diamond Skin, adds 100 to defense for five minutes, and Adamantium Skin. Adds 250 to defense for 2 minutes."
"Adamantium Skin."
"150,000. It's the Ability of the Vanguard Proficency."
He added the ability and smiled at his revamped arsenal.
"Alright. I have firebolt, Firestorm, Thunderfield, Iced Wall, Hallowed Ground, Healing Tough, MAgical Rebuff, Snake Purge, Purify, Frozen Wastes, Divine Slicer, and Sunburn for spells. Ghost cut, Dark Sacralant, Shatter Shaft, mighty Blow, Sense Presence, and Adamantium Skin for abilities. I have a trick for nearly any situation now. Thanks Sabrina."
"Do visit me again."
He walked out to find Asuna walking in. The redheaded second in command smiled.
"How's her selection?"
"Decent. and watch it. I just blew 200k in there."
"I figured magic was expensive. We're ahead of schedule for supplies and abilities. All we need now is plan the trip."
"We'll talk it over the dining table."
"Agreed. here."
She passed him a black whistle.
"It's a rally Spell. That one is the leader rally. Makes a noise only those with another whistle can hear."
"Smart. Any issues?"
"Just Issei and his group of idiots. they've been nothing but useless since we got here."
"Alright. HAve you done anything?"
"Not yet. felt it best to get the nod from the Party Leader BEFORE i bust out my whip."
"Use a meat hammer. And get those idiots working."
"On it."
Tyler nodded and they went to their tasks. though Tyler spotted a jewelery store not long after and smiled as he thought of Seria. he walked in and the elven lady running the place smiled warmly as he did.
"Lord Berserker? I see the Princess has a lovely gift in her future!"
He chuckled as he went to the counter of rings.
"I'll be gone for a while so i might as wel make sure she knows. Oh?"
He stopped at one ring of gold topped by a spiraling sapphire. the blue gem matching Seria's eyes to perfection while the top of the thing had a small webbing of jet as if the dark stone was protecting the precious blue. The elf smiled as she saw it.
"The Dark Protector ring. It is actually part of a set! The Dark Guard set of a ring, Necklace, and Locket. All crafted from high quality gold, sapphires, and jet. There is even an enchantment upon them of unremoval by any but the one gifted the items. The set is worth 110,000 gold."
Tyler smiled as he paid for the set.
"Worth every gold. Thanks miss."
The elf chuckled as she slid the boxes over.
"Not at all lord Berserker."
Tyler took the gifts to the palace where Seria was seated on her throne with her mother. the princess smiled widely as he walked up.
"Tyler! You killed three tyrants in one fight! I love you!"
"I love you too, Seria. Now close your eyes and hold still."
Like that the ENTIRE throne room was dead silent and watching the pair with an eagle's intensity. Mylissia most of all as Seria complied with a nervous smile. The warrior smiled as he took her hand.
"Seria, I love you with everything I could ever hope to be. You are the reason i lift my sword and my Soul. I love you, and wish to spend the entirety of our lives together."
He presented the sapphire and jet ring and instantly the ladies of the court were stricken with envy at the clashing colors. Tyler smiled as he looked at the trembling princess.
"Will you marry me?"
She repiled instantly.
"Yes I will!"
He slid the ring on her finger and she squeaked happily.
"HOLD ON. I'm not done."
"Oh damn. yay!"
He chuckled as he took the locket now and Mylissia herself had a look of envy.
"No matter how far I go from your side, Seria, no matter what i am doing, or who stands before me, I WILL find a way to return to your side. No matter what happens, you will have these to remind yourself, that I am coming for you, my wife."
He clasped the necklace and the locket around her neck and she had tears of utter joy falling down her still closed eyes and he smiled.
"And now you can look."
She did and her eyes nearly BUGGED out of her head at the glimmering jewelery.
"I love them."
Her voice a mere whisper of joy and he hugged her tightly.
"I love you too. And sadly this is the absolute bare minimum I can do to show you just how much you mean to me."
She smiled proudly as she nearly strangled him with her hug.
"It's enough. I love you too. My husband."
"For you, seria? it's NEVER enough. I will keep doing everything I can think of to make you smile."
"Me too."
Mylissia wiped a tear from HER eye now at the romance of the moment.
"The proposal is accepted. And the wedding is already being prepared per HIS exacting specifications."
Tyler smiled as he rose to his full height and Seria had a proud smile ion her face. Then the warrior looked to the tearing up court.
"Seria is MY fiance. Do NOT make her mad. for now there WON'T be a warning. Just a swing. we clear?"
They nodded and Seria looked at her mother and she smiled.
"We'll talk Sweetie. You, shoo."
"Yes MOTHER IN LAW."
"Oooh don't you dare start with that."
He chuckled as he looked at his fiance and she smiled.
"I'll be here, My love."
He kissed her hand and she shivered from the moment as he walked out. seria looked at her hand and squealed.
"I got my Hero! YAAAY!"
Tyler smiled as he shut the door and let out a HUGE sigh of relief.
"I have my Princess. And I DIDN'T fuck it up in there. Thank gods. Okay next step."
Rias stepped out from the wall now with a smirk.
"You romantic sonuvabitch. I nearly burst into tears from that!"
He chuckled as they headed for the coliseum.
"Best part? She NEVER saw it coming."
"No she did not. and the wedding?"
"THAT'S not gonna be for a bit. Kinda need a lotta material."
She blinked and looked at him in shock.
"Sooo the tyrants and the OTHER STUFF?"
He chuckled knowingly.
"I know how to over do it."
"Oh for fuck's sake. I want an invite!"
"Invite? Bitch please. you're a maid of honor."
"Oh. Thank you."
"Ha. THAT is the LAST we will ever speak of it. SHE doesn't know. DO NOT say a thing."
Rias nodded so vehemently her hair AND bust bounced.
"I will NOT."
"Alright."
He smiled as they returned to the rest of the heroes.
"I'm marrying the Princess, Rias."
She smiled at the near euphoric joy in his voice.
"Rein it in jackass. Gush LATER."
He chuckled at that dry demand as he did indeed make the switch from euphoric joy to party leader on a dime. Kirito came over then and fistbumped him.
"Dude I was there. Damn."
"Yeah I wanted it to be an ABSOLUTE surprise to EVERYONE."
"Ha. Ya did that much. How long you ben practicing that speech up there?"
"bout a week."
"Nicely done. And the next step?"
"Planning and building."
He nodded sagely at this nonanswer as Asuna came up with an unreadable expression.
"I'm jealous."
"Well you ARE in a new world."
The pair blinked at this VERY solid point and Kirito smiled widely.
"I love the way you think."
"Kirito."
Asuna's soft voice made him smile.
"You will NOT KNOW A THING."
"Okay."
They hugged and Rias sighed with a smile at the tender moment. Tyler patted her fondly and she smiled warmly.
"We still need to talk."
"Sure thing Rias."
He and the group returned to the main force of heroes and Belfast came over with a list.
"we are properly supplied for a long journey Tyler. And I am happy for you."
"Thanks Belfast. Unicorn?"
"She adores her new big sister. And it seems Lady Seria has taken her on as her newest Little Sister."
"Alright. Rias?"
"Asia was kidnapped by Seria. Haven't seen her since."
The blonde in question poked her head out from behind Belfast all smiles.
"I'm over here Rias!"
"Good. You're still MY bishop, Asia."
"Yay!"
Tyler chuckled at that before he looked at Asuna.
"Alright. Where are we?"
She nodded and led him to a table with a map on it.
"We're set for the trip tor Dunkrick. There are three routes to get there."
The map of MAcedonia was laid out and the redhead tapped Berun and ran her finger along a road to the desert city of Dunkrick.
"It's a week trip. And through some rough terrain too. I had Mina look into monster and animal reports for the region and there's everything from dragons and tyrants to bandits and goblins in those mountains. And some VERY big dinosaurs too."
"Hmm. watches will need to be on point."
"Oh they will be. EVERYONE picked up new skills, spells, and abilities. Your brawl with the bandits opened a few eyes a few HUGE gaps in our defenses. We plugged them best we could."
Tyler nodded as he looked at Belfast.
"Supplies?"
She nodded.
"We are fully supplied on food, drink and material, Tyler. We purchased a wagon for the company."
"Hmm. Asuna?"
"I looked it over myself. four wheel pioneer style. two horse draft with space for two. I know what you're thinking but the benefits of the wagon outweigh the easy prey."
"You've a point there. Defenses?"
"Center of the pocket."
"Good."
Belfast frowned.
"Did i make a mistake Tyler?"
He smiled.
"Not really. Wagons are legendary bandit bait."
"Ah."
"Yeah we'll do some grinding on the way. I'm level 4 people."
The group blinked at that one and Asuna chuckled.
"So you're the highest level in the entire party. Okay. Level quotas are in play."
"Or at least experience quotas are."
"exactly. This is route one."
She then tapped a second road leading out of the captial.
"Route 2 takes a sweeping arc to Dunkrick through mostly forests and flatland. it'll add two full days ride to the trip, but will pass through a few smaller villages. we'd get plenty of rest, chances fro grinding, and an opportunity to meet more people. Option three."
She pointed to an offshoot road a little further down route one.
"We take this side pass here. It'll take us into the mountains to the east and curve around to the north. we'd reach Dunkrick in a week still but there are a few mountain villages along the way that would benefit from a wandering healer band as EVERYONE has a healing spell now."
Tyler crossed his arms.
"anyway ya look at it we got a lotta riding ahead."
A well cut girl with back length copper colored hair approached the table now. She was a head shorter then tyler with fair skin and bright orange eyes set into a tear drop shaped face. Her frame was slender and well cut from her active lifestyle and her bust was large in her green tunic that was covered by chainmail. She had tight fitting black pants with strips of steel for defense embedded in the fabric while on her feet were a pair of combat boots. On her hip was a slender katana and her voice a hard yet warm bark.
"Mina Lindebran reporting Lord Berserker."
Tyler smiled at her.
"At ease Mina. I'm a fan of the Strike Witches."
She smiled at that.
"Appreicated. Are you from our world?"
"Nah. Another entirely. Still, the witches are a famous unit even to us."
"I feel flattered. Favorite Witch?"
"Sanya."
"really? Tell her that should you meet. She needs the confidence boost."
"Sure thing Mina. Okay so what's up?"
She nodded and tapped the map.
"I just recieved a runner. A village along route 3 has sent a call for Healers. Seems they were attacked by a clan of Forest Wolve with many hurt and some killed. Captain Victoria has left the choice to You Tyler."
He nodded as he looked at the route.
"Where's the report from the runner?"
"Here."
He laid it on the table and sighed.
"Oh those poor bastards got attacked by Velociraptors.....wait."
He frowned now and looked at the report closely.
"That doesn't make any sense. Raptors are pack hunters this is true, but they're supposed to be highly intelligent. And ANY intelligent predator NEVER attacks prey in it's den. ESPECIALLY if the prey can fight back. the risk to the body just isn't worth the meal unless they are starving."
Asuna frowned hard now.
"Okay that IS odd. Um."
Tyler looked at the details of the attack itself.
"Okay they attacked just before dawn? And they DIDN'T EAT THE PREY? Victoria."
The captain came right over with a smirk.
"Yes SIRE?"
"I need a report from the Ranger detachement in that area."
She blinked at the odd request but nodded.
"Very well. Details of the report?"
"The State of the forest Wolf populations and the status of the Rangers of the forest. I got a bad hunch on this raptor pack."
"I will contact their branch leader immedatiely."
She took off and Rias looked at him.
"What do you think?"
"right now an unnatural attack. There is NO REASON a raptor does NOT eat it's kill. Not when a single pack can hold up to thirty claws. All of them extremely lethal and active predators. I'm leaning more towards some idiot with a power fetish trying to seize the village. But the same time?"
He drew a circle around the village.
"LOOK where that village sits."
Mina took one look.
"it sits on a mountain pass. The ONLY pass for what looks like a hundred miles!"
"Which means it's a trade hub. If that village were to disappear, prices woudl skyrocket and some places would starve."
Belfast frowned.
"You should inform the Queen of your suspicions Tyler. I am afraid this might be out of our hands."
"Hmm."
The warrior frowned as he considered the idea and Asuna saw it.
"You smell an opportunity."
"A few actually. Depending oin if Victoria can raise the rangers on the horn or not is the clincher."
The captain came over now with a grim expression.
"How bad?"
"The Ranger Station is unreachable. We used their scry Spell and got nothing. there is NO REASON a Ranger Station does not respond to a Royal Scry. No GOOD reason at least."
"I thought so. Where's Strand?"
The elven ranger appeared from a shadow nearby.
"I am here."
"What have you heard from the Northwest?"
She came to the side of the table.
"There have been whispers in the wood of trouble in the Northwest, Tyler. The trees have been uneasy in that direction as well."
"You're coming too. Victoria. We'll head out today. That village is crucial to the supplyines for the southern region. It gets severed, a good number of people are going to get hurt."
She nodded gravely.
"Understood Sire. I'll call muster immediately."
"Don't. A group of 25 veteran knights. And Strand. This'll be the Heroes' proving."
She smiled approvingly at the decision.
"You think like a leader already. Good. YOU report to the queen however."
He rolled the map.
"Asuna, Mina, Rias, and Belfast. ready the company for an immediate departure at speed. We'll be in the village in four days or less."
They nodded and he headed to the palace. Mylissia was seated on her throne with Seria beside her. The queen had a grim expression as he walked up.
"I recieved the same report from the runner, Tyler. Have you a decision?"
"There is more to this then we think. The Heroes Company is looking into it with Strand and a few knights. Then we're heading to Dunkrick as planned."
"Understood. You have the full support of the crown to figure out what is going on in that village."
She passed him a small clear orb.
"A Royal Scry. it allows you to contact me for matters of import. I will want an update when you have one."
"Understood. Seria."
The princess smiled as he approached her.
"I am fine. I expected this to be perfectly honest. Some crisis arises and you ride out to meet it."
He hugged her tightly.
"I'll be back my Princess."
"I know you will. I love you, Tyler."
"I love you too, Seria."
She smiled and leaned in his ear.
"I want to hear your bragging on others when you return."
"We've been over this."
"I know."
She giggled.
"It's fun for me to hear!"
"Oh you're adorable."
She beamed at this and he kissed her hand lovingly.
"Be well, My princess."
"Be Safe my Hero."
He smiled and headed out then and Seria looked at her mother.
"I'm lonely again."
"We'll cuddle dear."
"Yay!"

Tyler smiled as he mounted Shadow at the bottom of the palace steps.
"We got a job big guy. Let's see your grr face."
The horse screamed and reared with angrily flailing hooves before he slammed back down with authority and Tyler chuckled as they got moving.
"That's mah boy. Loud and PROUD."
The horse nickered at that one as they met up with the Company at the front gate. Victoria was in her jet black mail with a company of black armored knights alongside the Heroes' Company. The captain nodded to them.
"25 of the Capital's best. All are level 25 or higher."
"Good. Strand."
"Here."
The elven ranger appeared from behind Asuna astride a FREAKIN WOLF THE SIZE OF SHADOW! The immense beast was jet black from nose to tail and he whistled.
"Damn Strand. YOUR friend is FENRIR?"
The wolf looked at him in mild shock and he patted her fondly.
"Wolves are MY favorite animal. Fenrir is my favorite legend."
The wolf tilted her head curiously and he smiled.
"Fenrir is the goddess of wolves in the Nordic faith. Well. The KING fo the gods, Oden, was prophecied to be killed by her fangs. So, to prevent this fate from passing he imprisoned Fenrir in unbrekable Golden and Silver chains for eternity. fenrir was a fierce wolf however, and struggled endlessly. Well, during the end of the Gods, Ragnorok, she slips her bounds and kills Oden with her fangs. Moral of the story? Fenrir was enslaved for years. Then she breaks her chains and KILLS the one that put her there."
The black wolf let out an approving howl that echoed across the city and Shadow huffed at the sound. Then Fenrir nudged Tyler's leg and Strand smiled.
"She likes you, Tyler. And she IS Fenrir. the Wolf Spirit as we know her. She has been my friend for many adventures."
"lucky. Asuna."
The redheaded second smiled.
"We're set. All supplies and secured, all IDIOTS accounted for."
"The piss us off, tie em to the wagon and DRAG them."
"OOOOH I like it."
"Alright. HEROES MOVE OUT!"
The company broke out into a gallop to thunder out of the city. Tyler in the lead with Strand and Victoria flanking him, Asuna directly behind him with Belfast, Rias, Mina, and Kirito flanking and trailing her and the wagon of their supplies at the middle. Tyler's black coat flapped in the wind as they tore down the trail and Strand was keeping easy pace with her loping wolf.
"We'll make this trip in four days."
They nodded and Victoria smiled as she passed him a scroll.
"The report from the runner. Plus the name of the village and chief."
"Good. Strand, what can you tell me of the Station up there?"
"There are led by a fierce Dwarven Ranger by the name of Ingot Bearbreaker. He's a legendary bear hunter in them parts. The bear up there are mean and MASSIVE. Easily pushing 2,500 pounds per bear. The area is harsh and unforgiving due to the proximity to the Black Mountains."
"How many Rangers to his Station?"
"A full Brigade. 50 Rangers in all."
"Hmm. That doesn't bode well. if not a SINGLE Ranger can answer the call we're looking at something a lot bigger then we think."
He focused on the road ahead of him as he considered various possibilites and scenarios.
"Ingot. Is he the type that can be bought?"
Strand shook her head.
"Absolutely not. I know the dwarf. he was exiled from his homeland for the drunken murder of his wife. He turned to the rangers for reform and redemption. This was 300 years ago. And he now tends his own region of the Forest with his own band of Rangers. The second largest Brigade in the country. He outranks ME in the Ranger Patrol."
"And he's a Dwarf. By default they're supposed to be loyal to a fault to an oath. Okay. I'll look the details of the village over later."
Asuna spoke up from her spot.
"It could just be as simple as a trade war. That village sits on a very important route through the mountains after all."
"That's what I'm thinking too Asuna. The pieces fit, but I still feel uneasy. Like that's just a single piece of the puzzle."
Strand looked at him.
"focus on the rod in your hand. NOT the fish you are trying to catch."
He chuckled at that.
"Thanks Strand. Okay. we'll table this until we get there."
The thundering force rode on until the sun started to set and Tyler looked at the road for a suitable campsite as they went. The area they were in was mostly flat grassland broken up in places by small streams and rivers surrounded by copses of trees. Tyler smiled as he spotted one.
"Right wheel tree copse. We'll hole up there for the night."
The heads nodded and the caravan moved behind their leader as he led them in a clockwise circle around the 40 yards of forest to secure it before the tents were pitched. He had his jet black tent facing the road and draped a tarp of tyrant leather over the top as a dare and a sign that Lord Berserker was in there. Once that was done he joined the on duty company cooks for the night's meal. The sun had sank below the horizon before the company relaxed. Tyler had the map out with the information on the village before him as he looked them over.
"Okay. we have a company of 125 Heroes, 26 knights, 1 Ranger. Hmm. A full force of 151 fighters with 27 veterans of the world."
"Still at it?"
Rias sat down beside him and he chuckled.
"More reviewing what i already know. ya be amazed what is missed the first time."
She chuckled herself.
"NOW you remind me of me before a raiding game."
"Appreciate the complement."
She smiled at that one before sighing.
"I...needed to talk to you."
He smiled at her.
"Shall we go into the tent?"
"Yeah."
They went in and the redhead looked at him.
"I'm sorry for the way i was acting yesterday. I was just jealous and REALLY freakin lonely."
He smiled.
"Are you okay?"
She nodded.
"I am now. Seeing how you treated the princess and seeing the light in your eyes when you gush over her just....got to me. I wanted to feel that. If only once. I'm sorry i was begging for you to cheat on her like that."
"You forgiven."
She let out a massive breath of relief at this and he smiled.
"I didn't blame you to begin with Rias."
"I....needed to hear it said."
He patted her hand.
"You're my best friend in this world, Rias. And someone i look up to."
She smiled proudly at this and hugged him tightly.
"Thanks Tyler. I mean it."
He held her tightly.
"So what do you want now, Rias?"
"Well, I want you. I know that."
"Ugh. we've been over this."
She smiled sweetly.
"i know. But I'd like to try!"
He sighed at this stance and she clung to him like a limpet.
"Let me have this, please?"
Her nearly pleading voice made him sigh harder.
"it's cruel to me to let you pine after someone that's just not interested."
Rias smiled at this.
"I know."
He smiled warmly at her.
"You have no chance."
"funny. Rizen said that."
"YOU surrendered."
"Oh shit that's right. LOKI said that."
"YOU nearly died. FOUR TIMES in that one fight."
"Shit."
She sighed in irritation as she remembered he knew about her and Tyler hugged her warmly.
"Does this REALLY mean THAT much to you, Rias?"
She smiled.
"It does. Yeah."
"So long as YOU talk to Seria about this, fine. Just because of how much I admire you. Okay?"
Rias smiled with such relief he was MORE then a LITTLE concerned.
"Oh thank hell. I'll talk to her. When we get back."
"She gave me a spell."
"Of course she did."
He looked at the tent.
"Night's Longing."
Seria arose from the floor with a smile.
"I knew you'd use it!"
He hugged his dear fiance tightly and she noticed Rias.
"Tyler?"
"SHE has a favor to ask."
"Oh? This should be interesting. Silent Sphere."
He laid flat as the soundless sphere took effect and the ladies had their negotiations. Tyler dozed for an hour when the sphere lowered and Seria hugged the redhead.
"We'll fight fair, Rias."
"Yeah."
Tyler looked at them.
"HAve you two reached an agreement?"
Seria rested her head on his chest and he hugged her.
"She wants to try for her own hero. So, since I kinda kidnapped her little sister, I'll allow it."
"I love you, Seria."
"I love you too, Tyler."
"YOU already won."
She smiled.
"I know."
Rias rested her head on his chest on his other side and he sighed as she stole an arm cuddle.
"I'll win, Seria."
"He's MY fiance, Rias."
"I'm HIS icon."
"Ha. I'm HIS princess."
"I'm HIS Devil."
"I regret this already."
The girls giggled at that exasperated tone and Seria settled down.
"Harems are commonplace for those of power."
"I don't want one."
"Yeah i know. But those that have em USUALLY DON'T."
"Oh perfect."
He sighed and Rias smiled as she settled.
"And this is nice."
Seria closed her eyes with a warm smile.
"My favorite place to be."
"Oh. I can't call you EVERY night, can I Seria?"
"Sadly not. The spell only works every OTHER night. And Mother wants me to tell you every two. Since I DO have duties and such to tend to. And to prevent any issues."
"I hate waiting."
"ME too. But she's right."
"I guess."
Seria smiled and he smiled.
"Massage?"
"Um, can we do that in the palace?"
"Sure thing Seria."
Rias smiled at that as she drifted off to sleep. Seria then looked at Tyler.
"Let her have it, Tyler."
He sighed.
"Why?"
"Because it would mean a lot to me. AND her. She wants to find someone to love that is worth loving. So help her out."
He sighed tiredly at this.
"Alright, Seria. Alright. But she has no shot with me. Okay?"
"Right NOW she doesn't. Tyler. EVERYONE could feel the intensity you two have together. I know you love me and I love you. But what about that small piece of your heart that's in reserve? i know it's there."
He chuckled at that.
"I guess that one hasn't awoken yet."
"Idiot. I know who that spot belongs to. and I'm okay with it. I'm YOUR wife. And you're only allowed one wife in our culture anyway. One wife, many Lovers."
He smiled at her.
"Like i said. Alright."
"She has to work for it doesn't she?"
"Kinda. My world harems are looked down on. Soooo, it'll take a bit."
She chuckled and Rias smiled from her spot.
"Victory!"
Seria hugged her.
"I knew he'd agree!"
"THAT was pulling teeth."
"Ugh. This is going to SUUUCK."
The girls chuckled at that and he settled down for the night. Rias pulled the blanket up over them and Seria got an arm.
"Wow Rias. you're really warm."
"So are you."
Tyler held both girls to him with a tired smile.
"Good night, Seria, I love you."
"Good night, Tyler. I love you too."
"Night Rias."
"Night Tyler, Night Seria."



WE'RE ON THR ROAD TO THE VILLAGE.
DAY 12.
THURSDAY.
GOLD: 4,650.

Tyler woke to the sight of Seria asleep in his arms and her pressed into his body. He smiled as he saw her and leaned in her ear.
"I love you, Seria."
She woke with a shiver and smiled.
"I love you too, Tyler. I'm glad you agreed."
"huh?"
She blinked.
"Rias?"
"What about her? she's....ooooh."
His mind refired with the events of the previous night and she smiled.
"remember NOW?"
"Yup."
"Cute. I'm glad you agreed."
He sighed with a smile.
"I'm not sure whether to like it or not. But I'll do it for you."
"I love you. and you're my husband. Remember that. And that it's commonplace."
"Does MYLISSIA have a harem?"
"every maid in the castle is a member if they are not wedded. So yes. Hers is several hundred though."
"Wow."
"Yeah. they have parties too. Where all of them attend and the palace smells a little funny for a few days."
"HOLY."
"Mother loves them dearly."
Tyler just whistled at the imagery and the new knowledge before he looked over his shoulder to see Rias sleep beside him in the bedroll. She having clutched his coat to her like a teddy bear. Seria giggled.
"Okay, that's a kinda cute!"
"I guess."
Rias smiled as she opened her sparkling blue eyes.
"Morning. Your coat feels nice."
Seria blinked.
"She sleeps naked."
"Ooooh."
Tyler sighed as he got his coat back from the naked Rias and found her scent had seeped into the thing. Seria pouted at the new trick.
"Dammit. I'll do that next time."
She got a hug from the warrior and beamed.
"Better!"
"You are too damn cute sometimes, Seria. So how does the spell end?"
"Oh the sun touches me and I teleport back."
"So if the sun DOESN'T touch you?"
"I teleport back in about five minutes."
"Oh. Lame."
"Very."
She smiled as he held her.
"I'll see you soon Seria."
"Me too, My HUSBAND."
She faded out and Tyler smiled as he got dressed.
"I love her so much."
Rias smiled longingly as she pulled her shirt on.
"I want that."
He looked at her and she smiled sheepishly.
"Sorry."
He patted her with an expaserated smile.
"I forgot how stubborn you can be."
"Hey."
They left the tent were Rias was grabbed by Akeno and Belfast nearly on sight. The two ladies dragged her off for a VERY indepth interrogation as Tyler checked in at the Table. Asuna, Mina, Strand and Victoria were already there and the redheaded Second in command smiled as he walked up.
"Morning Tyler."
"Morning Asuna. All quiet last night?"
"Nothing of note. We'll be ready to move out in half an hour."
"Good."
He looked at the map and the turn they needed to take.
"This crossroads is about 6 hours ride up the road, right?"
Victoria nodded.
"It is. and it be bandit season."
"I doubt they'd attack a full company like ours. If they do we'll take em down."
Strand nodded.
"we are rested."
Asuna nodded as well.
"We'll eat breakfast and head out."
Tyler rolled the map up and the friends split to their tasks. The warrior had a breakfast of coffee and some deer meat and cheese. Fed the warrior helped break camp with the company. Then they were riding along the road. Akeno came up beside him as they went.
"So you allowed her her fantasy."
He sighed at her level tone.
"I didn't really have a choice. She got Seria on her side."
That made her smile momentarily. Then she looked at him.
"We're working on it. Don't give her too much."
"I won't Akeno. I don't want this."
"I know. We know."
She sighed and he patted her.
"She'll be fine. She's a lot stronger then we know."
Akeno smiled warmly at this faith.
"Yeah. She is. Thanks Tyler."
"Sure thing, Sparky."
"Oh come on. You're not gonna let that go are you?"
"Nope. Sure am NOT Sparkles."
"I will tell Seria you've been bullying the girls."
"I'll give Asia your new name."
"Don't you DARE."
He chuckled at her new fear as they rode along without issue. They reached the turn in the road after a few hours and it had an uphill slant that made tyler frown.
"Watch the wagon and the horses people. Let's no one get thrown or bust a leg today."
They slowed their pace to compensate for the incline and Tyler noted the landscape had become more hilly and rocky then before. Strand saw this as well.
"We have entered the Black Foothills. A region of hills and dales kown for their monsters, predators, and bandit hideouts. The nights can be chilly while the days crisp."
"It'll only get worse the closer we get to the mountains."
"Indeed. The land is also prone to slides and avalanches."
He looked at the dirt now under Shadow's hooves and the sides of the hills around them.
"I'd say we're fine for the time being. The dirt's dry and the hills are dusty. I'm not seeing any cloud cover either."
Strand smiled.
"You know the land."
"Hometown's in the mountains. I think i told you this."
"You have."
"Well there was a landslide one year. Killed close to 500 people as half a mountain just let go. Prior to that, I;d been on that mountain a time or three and the days leading up to it I'd kept seeing numerous holes and loose dirt everywhere up there. When the land went, I learned those holes meant an unstable mountainside."
The Ranger nodded sagely at the story.
"We are taught the very same lesson when reading mountains. And the weather?"
"THAT I have trouble with. I know what I'm looking for, just not good at it."
"In your opinion, can we expect rain anytime soon?"
He looked at the sky, noting the color blue and the warm feeling in the air.
"I'd say....somepoint this week. MAybe four days."
"Impressive. I have it at five. And that is the MOST accurate we can be."
"ha. We got a saying back up north."
"Go on."
"Welcome to New Hampshire. Don;t like the weather? Wait ten minutes it'll change."
She chuckled.
"Amusing."
"Welcome to New Hampshire, a State where 3 feet of snow on the deck is a PERFECT excuse to fire up the grill."
"A NORTHEN mountain town."
"Yup. Some winters, it gets so cold I spit and it'll freeze solid before it hits the ground."
"MOST impressive. I too have experienced this."
"I could run around up there bare chested."
"Lucky. The cold has no effect?"
"You don't feel the cold if you're disciplined."
"MY MAster would have LIKED you, Tyler."
He chuckled at that as he noted something in the hills arouns them; a flitting shadow moving from shadow to shadow. He smirked and scratched his hair with a finger flick in that direction. The company was alerted and gave no indication of this as Tyler looked ahead.
"Comapny halt! There's a chain in the road!"
The company slowed to a stop as a length of chain rose up before them at the hieght of Shadow's knees. A group of ten men walked out from behind some boulders chuckling. They were garbed in leathers and carrying clean weapons as the leader smirked at Tyler.
"Well now, what have we here? A MERC band moving through WITHOUT paying the proper toll to the road's caretakers? How insulting."
"Dude. get to the point."
Tyler's bored retort made the man smirk.
"I have a thousand men surrounding you. Hand over a few a those lovely ladies and we'll call it even."
The warrior rubbed his eyes tiredly.
"A thousand men huh?"
"Indeed."
"riiiight. A thousand men surrounding us....HOW exactly?"
the land they were sitting in was mostly flat with a few small hillocks dotting the area covered in sparse brush. There was no way a thousand men could be laying in wait. The bandit smirked.
"Magic you idiot."
"Magic. Okay. MAgical REBUFF."
His antimagic field took effect and he got no hits in a 30 meter radius around the company. Including a solid portion of the terrain surrounding the road. Tyler smirked as the bandit gulped now.
"Idiot. ONE survivor."
Asuna, Akeno, Kirito, ERza, and Asia leapt to the attack as the ten bandits were cut down in seconds. Asuna dragged the gibbering lone survivor forward and Tyler smiled as he got off Shadow to face the terrified man.
"Your camp. WHERE IS IT?"
The man gulped.
"To the eassssssst! ARRRRGH!"
"Don't LIE to me."
Tyler has stabbed a dagger into the man's knee just above the cap and had a smile on his face as he slapped the gibbering in pain bandit.
"Right here, here asshole. Talk or I'll pop your goddamned knee off. Where is it?"
"FINE! west for fifteen minutes!"
"Ha."
He tore the dagger free and the man howled as tyler stabbed him in the chest. he dropped dead and he nodded.
"Alright. I'll take a crew and we'll hit the camp. Asuna, loot the idiots."
Victoria spoke now.
"I think we need to TALK Tyler."
He looked at her curiously and blinked at the dark expression on her face.
"what?"
"You tortured him."
"I did."
"When were you going to tell me you were a pracitioner of the Torturer's art?"
"Um when it became nessecary?"
"I see. I will have an oath from you then."
"I promise to never turn my darker skills against my friends."
She nodded.
"Good. And you will be a Dark Hero?"
"I think we've been over that one."
"I remember now."
Asuna came over.
"We got the loot, Tyler."
"Split between the raiders. HALF to the company though."
"Fair. Items?"
"Anything good?"
"A few enchanted necklaces, and an enchanted sword. The spell is increased sharpness."
"Hmm. Metal?"
"Mere steel."
"Add it to the company and we'll see if Hielia can transfer the spell or upgrade the metal so we can actually use it."
"Smart. The necklaces are defense amulets. Adds an extra 25 to defense."
"Hmm. How many?"
"Four."
"Split them among the healers."
"Smart. That's all."
"Alright. Kirito, Rias, Belfast, annnnd I'll take you Bell. We'll hit the camp."
The four named nodded and they moved from the company. Tyler looked at Asuna.
"Hold until we return. See if you can pry that chain out."
"We got it."
Tyler took his spot at the front of the formation as the one called Bell spoke up.
"Um, how do you know my name Lord Berserker?"
"Oh. Your story was famous in my world."
"That's kinda nice."
Bell was a slender boy with short cut snow white hair and vivid red eyes set into a kindly smiling face. His frame was well cut from his life as an adventurer while his attire was a suit of light armor. On his belt was his choice weapons of a pair of knives and he spoke in a soft yet firm voice. Tyler smiled as they got moving.
"Hestia come too?"
"She did not, no. But she contacted me with her power and said she'll join me the next summon."
"I can't wait to meet THAT bundle a nerves."
"Please don't pick on her."
"I'm not. Hestia's a goddess in my world too."
Bell smiled at that.
"She's done so much for me."
"And NOW you can put on a show for her."
"Yeah."
Kirito chuckled as he brought his stallion over to Tyler's side.
"Another ME?"
"Kinda. Only kind to a fault, naive, and a dual knife berserker."
"Oh damn."
"Yeah that guy is no joke. Piss him off, and he's faster then Asuna."
"HOLY. Glad he;s on our side."
"Ha. Me too. The name a his show?"
"Hit me."
"Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon?"
"Bullshit."
"No bullshit. That's LEGIT what it's called."
"Jesus that is hilarious."
The raiders rode through the hilly area until they reached the top of one that gave them a clean look at an encampment set into a valley between four hills. Tyler noted the 20 tents.
"We're missing heads. Alright. We'll go in from this angle. Do it quick, clean and keep it tight."
Rias smirked as she flicked her blood red hair.
"You HAD to say it like that didn't you?"
"Kinda."
The raiders dismounted and headed to the camp with the warrior hefting his greatsword. The camp was silent save for the sound of snoring from the sleeping bandits and tyler smirked.
"Throatcutting, go."
They nodded silently and the visitors of death crept around the camp slitting the throats of sleeping bandits. Tyler was approaching the largest tent when a mountain of a man came out yawning carring a 8 foot greatsword in one hand. Tyler rushed the man on sight and the still half asleep giant blinked at the flash of black...
"Mighty BLOW."
Tyler's blue glowing sword howled as he swung it in an upper cut that saw the caught offguard man in the side and sliced him CLEAN in half. he dropped dead to the ground and Kirito whistled at the blood rain.
"Damn dude. OVERKILL?"
"Is the perfect amount. Mighty Blow has a 90 second cooldown."
"Huh."
He shrugged as Tyler took the other greatsword.
"Huh. This is lighter then it should be. I'll have Strand look it over later."
He went into the leader'd tent and found a wooden crate that housed the crew's spoils along with the leader's journal. The camp was looted and they returned to the company where he passed the massive sword to Strand.
"what's the metal?"
The elf smiled.
"It be made entirely of Silveria. The magical silver metal. It weighs less then silver and your current metal, and it a more magical material in general."
"I'll see if Heilia can repurpose it into something useful."
"I would suggest armor. As it boosts Magical Defense as a base."
"I'll be sure to do so then. Oh! Infusion?"
"Depends on her skill. But they ARE possible."
He nodded as he looked at Kirito.
"How much for the camp?"
He looked up from the crate.
"They had 55,438 for gold, Tyler."
"Half to the company and we'll split the rest."
"Gotchya."
Tyler smiled.
"Half is 27,719. That by...me, Kirito, Bell, Rias, and Belfast. That by five. That's 5,543 per with four extra coins. Those are to be added to their split."
Kirito had a magical paper for such figures and whistled when he did it out.
"Okay that's a little scary. He's right."
"Math an i are old enemies."
They chuckled at that as the shares were taken. Asuna looked at tyler.
"We purchased a company coffer. I have a key, Rias has a key, and we have three more aside from yours."
"Mina, Belfast, and Kirito."
The named nodded at the trust and the keys were well hidden. Tyler looked at Asuna as the company rode out.
"How are we for company funds?"
She smiled.
"We're okay. Not as well off as I would like, but we're okay. With the deposit we are holding at 727,719 gold for the entire Company."
"Hm. Not bad. But for a Company of 125 active fighters, I expected it to be a lot higher."
"I did too. And the slackers got REAMED."
"Good. Everyone pulls their weight. if they DON'T, they don't get a cut."
That made her chuckle.
"We'll make them work."
Belfast rode beside him now on her own unicorn and he chuckled at that one.
"Do not say it Dear."
"why? It suits you."
"Oh dear. Do not inspire me to revenge."
"Ha. Unicorn riding a unicorn?"
"She is. And finds it hilarious."
"So what's up?"
She looked at him.
"Rias' fixation."
He sighed at this.
"Akeno said they're working on it."
"We are. So WHY did you agree?"
"Seria asked me to."
"Ah. I see. Good for her then. And YOU?"
"I didn't have a choice."
"Amusing. Very well."
She dropped to her spot in the company and Tyler side at the mess he was in. The Company made good time with their ride that day. They made camp inside a larger valley that hid their cookfires rather well and the smoke the same. Tyler had his tent near the rear as usual and cast his Hallowed ground spell for practice. He had the map out and smiled as he saw their progress.
"We'll be at the village in two more days."
Asuna appeared beside him then with her own platter of food.
"Plan once we DO get there?"
"for the time being we throw our magic and strength around. Healins, rebuilding, that kinda stuff. We'll get the story on what happened from their mouths and see what we can find at the Ranger Station."
"We'll be on our A game."
"I'll count on it."
She left and Rias appeared beside him with a smile.
"Hi! miss me?"
"Like the plague."
"Dick."
She pulled a chessboard from her pack and he chuckled at that one before he patted her.
"Purify."
She blinked at the spell and when it ended she looked at him curiously.
"What was that for?"
"MAke sure you weren't under a curse or something."
"Oh."
The redhead sighed as they set the board.
"Is it that hard to believe I'm interested?"
"No. More hard to believe you're THIS pushy when you get rejected."
She sighed at that valid point as the pieces were moved.
"I'm sorry."
"Rias. I like you. A lot. And you're my best friend in this world. As much as I'd like to be friends and to count on you, I HATE being your crutch more."
her hand slipped off the piece she held at this and she looked at him shaking.
"My what?"
"Your CRUTCH. You're not in this to be with me or whatever. You just want to hide from the fact Issei dumped you or you dumped him or whatever. Your heart got broken, and now you're trying for a rebound with me. So for gods' sake, FACE it. Please."
She was still as a statue at this plea and he waited for her to react. Then she shivered hard.
"Why?"
He sighed at her soft, hurt voice.
"Because I don't let the ones I care about wallow. OR sink into denial or depression."
She sniffed now as she hung her head.
"You...DO care?"
"I didn't you'd be dead already. I DO care about you, Rias. So for fucks' sake, get your dignity back. You're better then this."
She shuddered at that hit to the heart and Akeno appeared like magic to take her away. Belfast took her place across from him.
"THAT was BLUNT like a hammer. And FAR too soon."
He looked at her.
"SOMEONE had to, Belfast. Like i told Seria, it's CRUEL to let her think otherwise. I WON'T do that to her."
"Her heart was on the verge of breaking, Tyler."
"I know. That first one sucks. But if it's a choice between letting her heart break, and letting her live a lie? I'd break it in a heartbeat."
Belfast frowned at this harsh stance.
"Why do that to her?"
"So she can remain who she is. And NOT hide from her own pain. If she runs from her pain, Belfast, she'll lose a majority of that which makes her HER. NOT on my watch."
She smiled at that vow.
"You DO care for her."
"I do. She;s RIAS for fuck's sake. The Empress of Ruin, the Princess of hell, and wielder of the Dark Flame. Before I met Seria, SHE was the one i loved. even if all I had were pictures and a story."
He smiled at the thought of his dear friend.
"Then I met her, and my god did those stories not do her justice. She's FIERCE and GORGEOUS. Kind, warm, just...RIAS. I dunno what else to say about her. There's no one else like her. Seria's the one I love with all my heart and soul. Rias is the one I count on. The MOST."
A pair of slender arms twined themselves around his neck as a girl pressed her face into his back.
"Thank you."
He smiled as he patted her arms.
"I gotchyer back Rias."
She smiled happily at this.
"Demonic Chariot."
He hugged her tightly and she sniffed.
"I gotchya."
She rested her head on his back as the broken hearted redhead faced her reality now. Belfast smiled as she left the pair to their devices. Tyler tended the flame as Rias fell asleep on his back like that and he sighed with a smile at this stunt.
"She's almost cuter then Seria when she does that."
"Thanks."
Her blue eyes opened and she snuggled his back like a cat.
"I want to stay with you."
"Rias."
"As a friend. I....you're right."
He looked at her and she had a sad smile on her face.
"I was just riding the Princess' coattails trying to weasel my way into your love. That was cruel and beneath me. I'm sorry."
He smiled at her clear eyes.
"Alright, Rias. We'll snuggle later."
She smiled in relief.
"Okay."
The pair returned to the chessboard and went a few rounds over it. when the fires burned down they went into the tent and the redhead smiled as she snuggled up beside him.
"And this is nice."
He sighed as he held her.
"It is. I guess."
"Good night Tyler."
"Good night, Rias."



ON THE ROAD TO THE VILLAGE.
DAY 13.
FRIDAY.
GOLD: 10,193.



Tyler woke to see Rias asleep in his arms. She bundled into the curve of his body with his arms resting on her hands and his face pressed into her blood red hair. Her crimson lockes were drapped above them like blood blanket and he smiled at the feeling.
"She's not Seria. But this is nice in it's own way."
She smiled as she opened her blue eyes to roll over.
"It's nice for me too."
He sighed at the closeness and she smiled.
"I don't bite."
"I know who you learned from Rias."
"Hey. Akeno is not that cruel."
"Akeno? i meant your mother."
"OOoh I hate you."
He chuckled at her irritation as they got out of the bedroll and got dressed. The redhead grabbed him ina tight hug as he donned his coat.
"Thank you."
He smiled at her.
"You're welcome."
She smiled.
"And I still want you."
"Ugh."
"Relax. We're friends."
He smiled at that as they walked out and Asuna came over with the report from the night's watch.
"Nothing from the watch besides a few pteradactyls flying over the camp. They didn't stick around."
"Good. we'll load up for the usual."
"On it."
Rias chuckled as she warmed her coffee.
"Well you sure adapted to the life of a Company Commander quick."
"I like bossing people around."
"Ha."
The friends ate breakfast before breaking camp. Tyler was on Shadow and moving along the road at a decent clip as the incline grew more severe. Asuna was beside him as the climb increased and the pace slowed to a walk.
"This is harsh."
Tyler nodded as he kept watch.
"How's the wagon?"
"Making progress and keeping pace. We hooked it to two more teams aside."
"Good."
Strand smiled astride her wolf.
"It levels off a mile ahead, Tyler. And then you'll be treated to one of the most impressive sights this side of the Black Mountains."
"I got a photo crystal for JUST that reason."
They smiled at that one as they climbed up to the top of the hill and onto flatland. To their left was more mountains and hills rising into the distance. While to their RIGHT the land fell away drastically to give the gawkers a magnificent view of the land from close to 4,000 feet high. As far as the eye could see was rippling green fur and slender bands of blue while in the far distance a slight hump rose up and Strand smiled.
"That is Berun."
Tyler pulled a 4 inch blue crystal from his pocket, and held it up to the sight and smiled as he snapped the image with a tap on the rear of the banana shaped object. He looked at the image and then found a panoramic function he used to take a sweeping image of the entire landscape before he hit save. Happy he looked to the rest and found them also posing by the cliff for photos.
"Let;s no one fall off today. Looks VERY bad on my report."
They chuckled at that as he mounted Shadow. The Morbol tossed his head as Tyler relaxed.
"Oh be quiet, big guy. I'll give you a brushing later."
Another snort of boredom from the black horse. Tyler chuckled as he looked out over the landscape towards the capital his beloved princess awaited his return. He waved and a few of the ladies smiled at the oddly romantic moment as the rest mounted up again. The got moving and Tyler sighed as he turned his back on the capital. Strand smiled as she came up beside him.
"It is never easy leaving the ones you care for, Lord Berserker."
He smiled.
"no it is not. But that is nothing but a good thing, Strand."
She looked at him quizzically
"How so, Sire?"
"If leaving her DIDN'T bother me, I truly didn't care."
She smiled at this wisdom.
"A very good point, Lord Berserker. And a most true one indeed. She is in good hands."
He smiled as he plied the reins as they navigated a rather treacherous snakeback pass wide enough for two wagons at best.
"I hope so."
He focused on the road as the rest of the heroes had to walk their horses up the winding road by hand due to nerves and inexperience. Tyler had Shadow moving with ease over the snaking turns until he reached the top of the VERY steep incline....only to be faced with an odd creature. It stood 9 feet tall with scaly skin and the head of a bear. The thing had the claws of a tiger and the fangs of a wolf as it growled at him like a cat. Shadow screamed in surprise at this odd creature and Tyler merely drew his sword.
"Cut the shit. You're a MOBOL. Act like it."
Shadow calmed RIGHT the fuck down as the creature reared to it's full height,
"Iced Wall."
A wall of ice appeared under the beast's bear-like foot and it slipped. The thing fell to a knee and tyler sent the horse on a charge that had him swinging his sword one handedly and decapitating the thing. It dropped to the dirt with a thud as Tyler turned Shadow around. Strand climbed up over the hill then and blinked as she saw the dead thing.
"A mountain Ashlin? How odd."
Tyler dismounted and so did the Ranger to inspect the carcass after dragging it out of the road.
"A Mountain Ashlin, Strand?"
"A member of the hobgoblin race. More an amalgamation of different animals to create something unnatrual. It feeds on the meat of men and men alone. Women hold no interest to them, for food or breeders of which we still don't know HOW they reproduce. they live in mountainous regions and are rare to the point of myth. This is only the third I have ever seen."
Tyler frowned.
"Are they worth anything?"
She shook her head.
"Nothing. And I'll record the encounter in the Ranger Annuals as an encounter is that form of rare."
"Do i need to help?"
"I was about to ask you."
"Sure. We'll chat on the ride once the others get over the edge."
She smiled.
"I appreciate it Lord Berserker."
"I get it. And it's kinda cool seeing something that's not supposed to exist."
The elf smiled at that one as more of the heroes surmounted the snakeback road. Tyler was back up on Shadow and waved his sword.
"Alright we need to get everybody up on the hill. we're not going anywhere until they are. Hitch up and help them out people."
They nodded and he snagged a photo of the corpse for Seria before lending a hand to help the company cross to realitive safety. The task taking a few hours and once the last regained their breath Tyler showed them the corpse. Like a flock of tourists the photos were taken and the poses made. As Tyler watched with a fond smile, he had a thought that made him frown. Asuna came over as she saw it.
"Problem?"
"Take a look at them, Asuna. They look like a fighting force to you?"
She smiled at that.
"They do. A RELAXED YET READY fighting force. Careful with that one though."
He sighed with a smile.
"I forgot who I was dealing with for a moment there."
Once the fascination wore off the heroes mounted back up and tyler took stock of the road ahead. They were now on flatland between two towering green clad peaks still dwarved by even taller peaks behind them. The road led through the valley between the smaller peaks and there was a light grey mist floating about their tops adding a layer of mysticism to the sight. Strand pointed to a thin line running up the valley.
"That is the road."
"Oh crap. you heard the elf. Let's move."
The Company got moving with Tyler in the lead and his sword in hands reach for any issues. The road was rocky with more pebbles then dirt in places and often times they foudn themselves clipclopping along solid stone. The sounds of which were oddly satisfiying to the warrior as he listened to them. He looked up at the soaring peaks overhead and Strand came up beside him.
"We're inside the Black Mountains now."
"Why are they black?"
"For the extremely fertile coal mines that honeycomb them. Roughly one third of the Eastern Coast's entire coal mining comes from this line of peaks RIGHT HERE."
"Huh. Coal ya say?"
"Yes. That mean something to you, Lord Berserker?"
"Just an odd poke in my archive. Like there's something to that I oughta pay attention to. Problem is the only thing I can think of is a staged powderbang."
She frowned at the odd term.
"I know not this powderbang."
"Okay. When you were taught to cook, weren't you ever told to keep flour AWAY from an open flame?"
"My mother taught me this very lesson."
"The reason is because of how extremely flammable it is. More material in the air in a confined space when a flame goes up, the more extreme the explosion. Are you with me so far?"
"I am."
"Now a major fear of coal miners in my world is a fire. A SINGLE SPARK can set off an entire mine. If it goes hard enough, the ENTIRE mountain will go with it."
Her eyes flashed as she saw where he was going with this.
"And since the entire mountain has HUNDREDS of coal mines,"
"A SINGLE pyromaniac can set them off with a bang."
"By the SKY."
she looked at the suddenly FAR more ominous mountain ranges a LITTLE fearfully now.
"We would have no warning."
"Nope. And the rubble would tear even the captial apart. The hole would be a new canyon. There's no teeling just the DAMAGE it would do to the landscape as a WHOLE. Hmm."
He pulled the map now and looked at the location of the village again.
"Forest Wolves. Are they considered monsters?"
Strand shook her head.
"No. they are animals through and through."
"Okay. Can they be tamed?"
"It is EXTREMELY difficult, but they can. Even then, they only follow basic commands. Like attack, halt, and hunt."
"Hmm. A BRAIN washing spell would do the trick."
"It would. You think the Drakens are seeking a powderbang?"
"It's a theory. One I kinda like a little more then the others. Just because of how outlandish it is."
Victoria, who had been listening in on the discussion, added her two cents now.
"I see where you're logic lays with this one, Tyler. The coal mines are HEAVILY defended however. Not for fear of sabotage, but seizure. They are the Queendom's lifeblood. And as such are some of the most WELL defended populated areas on the continent."
"Which makes it fit just that much more. HOW many would look at such a WELL DEFENDED and BLATANT area for a plot to bring the country down?"
she blinked at this and Mina rode up now with her own experience.
"I agree with him, Captain, Ranger. My world used similarly plans to undo our own enemies. We once used an underwater wagon to attack a city with witches launched from inside....we won."
Tyler chuckled.
"That mission to retake that port from the Neroui."
Mina nodded.
"And then there was the mission with the Witch Rocket."
"That one time Luccini went around stealing everyone's panties."
"UGH. I DON'T wanna remember that."
"Ha. Commander iron buns."
"I will hit you with an axe."
"Great. A lady with an axe to grind."
They chuckled at that one as Victoria looked at him.
"Consult the Queen, Tyler. In that light, I fear an immediate update from the overseers is required."
"Sure."
He produced the orb and tilted his head.
"Er, HOW do you use this?"
A MASS groan went up from the heroes and a fair few fell off their horses. Asia looked at her friend beside her.
"THAT guy is charge? Owwie."
Victoria, now nursing a THROBBING headache, tapped the ball.
"Royal Scry."
The ball fired up with a purple light and an image of Mylissia appeared. She smirked as she saw the still riding company.
"Seria?"
Tyler smiled.
"Always, but not this time."
She nodded.
"A moment then."
The queen was seen leaving the throne room and when the sound of a door was heard she faced them.
"You have not yet reached the village, correct?"
"No. I had a thought."
"Go on."
"The coal mines. Are they secure?"
She blinked at this question before frowning hard.
"I will find that out IMMEDIATELY. Explain how you came to suspect otherwise."
He spent the next thirty minutes going over his knowledge of a powderbang, coal mines, the possible strategy, and the reason he liked the possibility. Mylissia asked nurmerous question on his logic, Mina's past experiences with such unorthodox campaigns, and his gut. After another twenty minutes, the queen sighed.
"I will have EVERY overseer I have report in immediately. if even ONE does not answer, the legions will be dispatched to check the mine. We CANNOT lose those mines or my country would starve."
"We'll see what the hell is going on in the village and go from there."
"And I will do some internal reviews. Such ploys make waves."
"We'll keep at it."
"I'll have an update tonight."
He smiled.
"Seria?"
Mylissia chuckled.
"She is enjoying a bath day at the local Lady Temple."
"Ah. I hope she's having fun."
"Oh she is. And her lessons are progressing rapidly as well."
"So are my plans."
"Yes about them."
He looked at her curiously and she smirked.
"YOU are a ROMANTIC SONUVABITCH. That poor girl might have a heart attack."
"Good. If she forgets even a single detail a hundred years from now, we failed."
"We'll record it. But agreed."
He smiled at that as the orb went clear again. Mina smiled wistfully as she looked at him.
"I'm happy for you, Tyler."
"Thanks Mina."
She smiled and the sadness faded a little and he patted her. The witch had a fonder smile as she saw he knew. Tyler looked ahead as they got moving again and Asuna leaned in his ear.
"Sooo mind explaining?"
"Her fiance died in her war."
"Ah."
"Yeah. She watched it happen too."
"Poor girl."
He sighed at that one.
"She's been at war for YEARS. Her homeland was overrun by beings from another world and she's been fighting them since the flip."
Asuna looked to where Mina was chatting with Belfast now, a warm smile on both their faces.
"Her strength is incredible."
"She's Commander Mina of the 501st joint fighter wing. The Strike Witches. And SHE'S their leader."
He shivered from the memories and Asuna chuckled.
"Damn. That good huh?"
"Oh yeah. SAO may hit me the hardest, DxD may be my favorite, but DAMMIT if the STRIKE WITCHES don't get me in the heart too."
That got a chuckle from Mina.
"NOW I wanna see how they represented us. If they can get that kinda reaction from YOU, I;m curious."
"Sure thing Commander Badass."
"HA!"
"Sakamoto's Major Badass."
"Tell her that I dare you."
"Sure. She only brought a knife to an alien gunfight....and WON."
"HA!"
"Barkhorn's captain badass."
"She is going to like you. Myafuji?"
"Overly energetic little sister you love to death....but am MILDLY scared of."
"Her in a SENTENCE. She's over there."
He looked and saw a blushing shyly girl on a sturdy little Arabian. She was half his height with short cut brown hair and fiesty hazel eyes. Her skin was fair and her bust modest on her petite frame. She was slender but with a well cut frame from her life as a soldier. On her back was a long white staff tipped by a diamond and her attire was a tight fitting leather tunic with chainmail over it and a plateskirt. Tyler smiled.
"Myafuji!"
"Here Sir!"
Her voice was a hard yet warm chirp and he waved.
"Nice to meetchya!"
She smiled at that and waved back. Mina chuckled.
"NOW I have a new worry."
"HA. Sanya here?"
"ALL the witches are here."
"Oh damn. I'll be sure to keep Luccini AWAY from my princess."
"HA!"
Rias chuckled as she rode up beside him.
"YOU are gushing HARD."
"Yeah I know. The Strike Witches have their own pedestal in my collection."
"Is that so?"
"Lady. they fought aliens with machineguns in flying pants. when they WEREN'T they didn't WEAR pants. Music was fire, the girls freakin hilarious, the fights epic, and Yoshkia is hilarious. She goes from a pacisfist to the TIP of the SPEAR against the enemy! And WINS! She tore an alien dropship CLEAN in TWO with her shield ALONE! And we're talking a craft the sizr a that peak there. and she did it nearly single handedly. Captain badass over there dual wields MG42S FOR REPS. And when she runs out of bullets, she flips em around, and BEATS ya to death with em! Nuff said."
Mina had a proud smile on her face as he talked with clear awe and respect in his voice.
"Way you talk, Tyler, we won the war nearly alone."
"Ya did."
"What?"
"You win the war, ALLLLL because of Yoshkia. THAT one girl, is the ENTIRE REASON you retook Berlin."
"She's not a one woman army, Tyler."
"Yeah, She is. that girl has more magical power in her left pinkie then the ENTIRE WING. Problem is her units just can't keep up. And she hasn;t even SCRATCHED what she can TRULY do."
Mina whistled at that high praise.
"She has EXTRAORIDNARY potential. I see you understand her quite well."
"Yoshkia's simple. She;s got heart, FIRE, and can put a mule to shame for how stubborn she can be. Same time? She can be trusted with ANYTHING. And in ALL of my collection, Mina? YOSHKIA is the SECOND BEST HEALER OUT OF THEM ALL. Let that sink in."
She blinked and Rias looked at him curiously.
"Who the hell is the FIRST?"
"Asia."
"Oh my hell tell her that!"
"Sure."
Yoshkia's VERY embarrassed voice was heard then.
"Thank you!"
"Sure think Yoshi."
"Hey!"
The Company chuckled at her new humilation and Tyler smiled as he refocused on the road ahead.
"That girl."
Asuna smiled.
"Why didn't you make her the leader of the healer corp, Tyler?"
"Short answer? Asia has more experience. Long answer? Asia has more training under her belt. Yoshkia's got extreme power, but it is all VERY raw. I want her and Asia to be friends since Asia can teach her how to wield it."
"Ah. Smart. And why isn't Mina in the top four for commanders?"
"Because she works best as a subcommander. She may have been base commander of her unit, but her more accurate role was go between for the brass and the rest. She CAN step up if needed, but at the same time is better in her current role."
Mina nodded approvingly.
"I completely agree. And appreciate the faith."
"Sure thing Mina."
Rias tilted her head at one point.
"I know as much about magic as Asia does, why not have me help out Yoshkia?"
"Yoshkia's a LITTLE jumpy."
"Ah. her type?"
"Well....."
"OOOH."
"Yeah. Asia's too sweet for that kinda thing so perfect fit."
"Clever."
Mina smiled a little sheepishly now.
"Yoshkia is....affectionate."
"We'll have Belfast hang out with her for a bit then, Mina. She'll get her on the right path."
The silver haired maid smiled at this.
"I will see to her."
"Thanks Belfast."
"It is no matter, Mina. I am happy to help."
Tyler looked at Asuna.
"The slackers keeping up?"
She looked.
"Yup. barely though."
"Anyone i'd know?"
"Well. One guy's named Sora, the other's named Shiro."
"No shit?"
She blinked at the mild surprise in his voice and eyes.
"Um, yeah, you know them?"
"Yeah. they're codependant, Shutin, NEET, siblings."
"Ah. That explains a lot."
"Have em report to the front. I wanna have a word with em."
Asuna dropped back to collect the pair as Victoria looked at him curiously.
"I miss something?"
He smirked.
"Those two are strategic geniuses and BOTH former rulers. in THEIR WORLD? They were the king and queen."
"Oh my gods. they're losers!"
"True. But. Their minds more then make up for their lack of brawn. Sora just needs to get over himself, and Shiro....is Shiro. Once they do, my GODS are they gonna be powerful."
Asuna returned with a TERRIFED duo on a massive roan. One was a tall, lanky guy with brown hair and yellow eyes. His skin was pale and his frame skinny in his T-shirt and chainmail. On his back was a longsword and shield while between his legs was a STRIKINGLY cute girl half Tyler's height with long, foot length silver hair. Her face was delicate and her skin fair while her bust small. Her eyes were red and she was clutching her brother in terror as he looked at Tyler with a gulp. His voice a hard yet fearful bark.
"whatever it is we didn;t do it!"
"Ha. Sora and Shiro. Blank."
They blinked at this and Shiro spoke in a soft, breathy voice.
"You know us?"
Tyler chuckled.
"Oh yeah. The king and queen of Imanity. Ha. Oh this gonna be fun."
Sora seemed to relax slightly as he looked at Tyler curiously.
"What the hell do yuo want with US? We're losers again."
"Dude. You're a hero. Act like it."
"Ummmm. You make it sound easy."
"It is. Imagine you're in a deep dive videogame with permadeath engaged."
The pair smirked at this and a new confidence swept over them. Their horse reacted and calmed RIGHT down. Shiro looked at the hulking boy in black wide eyed.
"THANK YOU."
"Ha. Sure thing toots."
She smiled at this and Sora bristled.
"Dude she's 11."
"i'm 15. fucks' your point?"
"HOLY."
They did exeragerated heads to toe of the boy in black and Tyler flipped his Status plate.
"read em and weep."
They looked at his number and Sora smirked.
"An allrounder tank huh? Not bad rookie....LEVEL 4? Already?"
"I'm the BEST at this kinda shit."
Asuna snorted.
"Ph okay tough guy."
"I'm sorry. Did I, or did I NOT kick your ass, TWICE toots?"
"I will shove this rapier so far up your ass it'll fly out your mouth."
"Ha. Yo, Sora, Jirbreal here?"
"uuuh no."
"Damn. we need more battleangels to be perfectly honest. Steph?"
"She's back there."
"Okay. Rias? Think you can teach Steph how to be a fire mage?"
Rias smirked.
"Sure. BUT WHY me?"
"She's a redheaded princess that has had to watch her homeland litteraly DIE before her eyes with there not a damn thing she could do about it."
"Sweet fucking hell. Okay i'll get her."
"Thanks Rias."
Sora looked at him.
"YOU have a plan."
"Yup. Shiro. What kinda Proficency are you?"
She looked up at him with HUGE red eyes.
"I have Muse."
"Huh?"
He looked at her curiously.
"I have Muse."
Victoria explained.
"It means she's skilled in giving inspiration and is a source of wisdom to those that need it."
"Huh. Oracle?"
"THOSE depend on the TYPE of oracle. The one you're thinking is called a Farseer."
"Huh. Sora?"
"I got Strategist. I'm SUPPOSED to be some kinda god at strategy. Buuut nothing works."
"Because you're trying to do it yourself. A GOOD strategist knows NOT to get their hands dirty."
Sora chuckled at that one as he passed Tyler's plate back.
"Okay. And since YOU'RE the leader of this Company,"
"YOU an I are gonna be best friends."
"And you're marrying the Princess."
Tyler smiled proudly at that reminder.
"That I am. And my GODS is that fun to say."
"Lucky bastard."
"Dude you had a planet by the balls. You have NO room to talk."
"Okay fair enough. So where do you want me?"
"OUT of battle and directing traffic with the other leaders. Shiro? I'll need to look at your plate."
She passed it over and he realized she had NOT FOR A SPLIT SECOND STOPPED STARING AT HIM. He looked at her curiously.
"Can I help you?"
She shook her head without breaking her gaze and he shrugged.
"eh. She's not the first one to stare at me like I'm food. Go with it."
He looked at her abilities.
"Inspire. Huh. A spoken ability that enhances all those that hear's it's morale. OOOOH I know how I'll deck her out."
Sora looked at him curiously.
"A buff mage?"
"That's what i'm thinking. She'll be the party support mage. we stack debuffs and buffs on her an emphasis on defense, she goes from backrank liability,"
"To midrank pillar. Damn dude. You;re making us look bad."
"I thought you two were supposed to be gods at games?"
Shiro snapped out of her trance to glare at him.
"Blank DOESN'T LOSE."
"Ya just did. I just talked you two in circles with strategies YOU shoulda schooled ME in. Are you or are you not BLANK? The best gamers in two worlds?"
Sora glared at him now.
"we are damn you. Okay. WE'LL prove it to you."
"Coolzies. oh. hey Shiro."
"Yes?"
"I love the hair."
She blushed at this and smiled shyly into her sleeve.
"Thank you."
Sora sighed.
"Greeeat. My little sister gets more action then I do."
"Want a tip?"
"YES SIR!"
Tyler chuckled at his INSTANT flip to groveling.
"Confidence. if YOU don't believe in yourself, why should they?"
Sora blinked.
"That's it? Confidence?"
"THAT. And here's a bit a gamer wisdom you should be able to appreicate."
"Hit me."
"Real recognizes real."
He nodded sagely at that.
"I DO appreciate that. Confidence and being real. And that's how you get chicks?"
"Well, you gotta respect em too. Understand that one first."
"Okay. Huh."
He had a thoughtful look on his face and Shiro pouted.
"So you ARE trying to replace me."
Tyler patted her before Sora could start groveling.
"If he does, I'm sure Seria would LOVE another little sister."
Shiro was RED in the FACE at the pat and she blinked like a fish at the warrior petting her.
"ME? A PRINCESS again?"
"Or a lady in waiting or whatever the hell she likes."
"Wow."
"Ha."
The pair dropped back to consider his words and Victoria sighed.
"I shoulda have had YOU deal with them."
"Anyone else?"
"Issei for one."
"Yeah i'm not helping him."
"NO ONE does."
The Company rode on for the rest of the day without issue until they came to a suitable campsite inside a rather large bowl by the side of the road. Tyler was on first watch and so set his tent in view of the road as a dare. He had just lit his fire when Shiro appeared from the shadow to sit across from him....and immediately started staring at him. He sighed with a smile at this cute yet CREEPY apparition.
"Got something to say Shiro?"
She blinked.
"You're AWESOME."
He smiled at her softly voiced words of awe.
"HA. Sorry Shiro. You're too much the little sister to me."
She blinked again.
"ME the Little Sister of Lord Berserker?"
"Yup."
She smiled happily and he patted her again.
"Yay!"
"Cute."
She blushed again and rested her head on his leg.
"Sora won't like this."
"Oh he told me to come here."
"Ha. You two good?"
"Oh we're fine. We thought it over and you're right. We need to stop being so scared. We're in a deep dive game. we can work with this."
He stroked her soft silver hair and she hummed.
"This is nice. You're better at petting then Sora is."
"You're like a cat."
She purred and he chuckled.
"Okay. One? That was cute as hell. 2? Koneko's still the sexier kittycat."
"And 3?"
"You're a DANGEROUS little minx aren't ya?"
"Meow."
"Oh my gods enough with the cuteness."
She chuckled at that and he rubbed her belly like a cat now. Making her blush.
"That tickles."
"Oh?"
"Help."
Rias appeared with a smirk as Shiro squeaked.
"Well, well. What have we here? TYLER."
He chuckled as the smirking redhead sat down.
"This is Shiro. LITTLE. SISTER."
"JUST a little sister?"
"And a good friend."
Shiro smiled happily as she snuggled with the warrior and Rias smiled.
"Koneko heard you."
"Okay."
"She nearly threw a rock at you."
"So she's a ROCKFISTER?"
A small rock bounced off his head ans a dry girl's voice was heard from deeper in the camp.
"Say that again and it'll be in the balls."
"Ha."
Shiro yawned suddenly and he chuckled as she fell asleep.
"She's cute."
Rias smiled at the adorable sight...and snapped a photo of it with her own crystal. Tyler smirked at her.
"And WHAT is your plan for that?"
She smiled.
"A reminder."
"Rias."
"Oh fine. Something I can show Seria. NOT like that."
"It better not be."
"ugh."
She sighed at that warning as the time for his watch came. he deposited the sleepign Shiro in his tent and she snuggled into the bedroll.
"Yay."
"Jesus Christ."
He left the bundle of cute for his watch and Rias looked at him through her hair as he walked by.
"I didn't deserve that."
"I don't take chances."
She sighed at that nonapology as he took his place at the edge of camp. Rias walked to her tent as Tyler cast his defense spell and did his statue of armor imitation for his watch. The hours passed by and he was relieved by an unnerved Mina.
"Okay. YOU are a FREAKY guard. Was like i was approaching a demon and it KNEW i was there."
He chuckled at that as he went into his tent and found Asia cuddled up with Shiro in the bedroll. The sweet blonde smiled.
"Surprise!"
"Ha."
Tyler chuckled as he laid between them and the blonde snuggled RIGHT up against him with Shiro claiming his chest.
"Night Shiro. Night Asia."
"Night, Tyler. This is comfy."
"Night Big Brother. I think I'll keep visiting."
"And there goes my restful sleep."



WE'RE NEARLY THERE.
DAY 14.
SATURDAY.
GOLD: 10,193.





Tyler woke to the feeling of two girls asleep ontop of him. He opened his eyes to see Asia asleep n his shoulder with her arm around an adorable girl with silver hair curled into a ball on his chest. he smiled at this vision and ran a hand up her spine like she was a cat.
"Oooh that tickled!"
"Mornign Shiro. morning Asia."
The blonde opened her green eyes with a smile.
"Morning! Wow Shiro you're really warm."
She smiled and yawned hard.
"It;s too early in the morning."
"Go back to sleep and I'll hit you with an ice spell Shiro.....on the SPINE."
She woke with a shiver.
"You're EVIL."
"Ha."
The trio left the tent and he relit the fire for their breakfast. Once fed and refired with good coffee, Tyler met with Asuna at the Table with the rest of the leaders. Asuna smiled as he walked up.
"Morning. We'll reach the village either today or early tomorrow."
"Good. What do we know so far?"
Victoria slid the Royal Scry into view snd Mylissia was seen. Tyler smiled.
"I'm kidnapping Seria tonight."
"I'll be sure she is free. Now. The coal mines."
"How bad?"
She sighed.
"All but ONE mine was secure. The one mine that WASN'T had been overrun by goblins. They've been cleared out but there are signs it was a Draken backed raid. Their weapons were Draken forged, their armor too. Plus they bore the marks of Draken controlled monster as well. Tyler, your hunch was correct. they were planning to put fire to the mine. And thank the gods they didn't succeed. If they HAD, the entire Black Mountain range would have been destroyed by the chain reaction."
Tyler frowned.
"Any sign of the puppet master?"
She shook her head.
"None. which in itself is bizarre. from all indicated reports, the Monsters controlled by the Draken CAN'T go far from their masters or they drop dead. Reports indicate a MAXIMUM distance of 40 meters."
"That's about 131 feet. Hm. That't not good."
She nodded gravely.
"NO it is NOT. There is a chance the village attack was the work of Drakens. If that is the case, Tyler, I HOPE you are ready."
He smiled.
"We'll get this done."
"Our hopes lay with you."
The orb went out and he looked at the map.
"Okay. Draken sign, weapons, and armor. But NO ACTUAL DRAKEN."
Sora walked up then with a yawn.
"Morning."
"Mornin. Get a look."
The still half asleep NEET looked at the new details and tilted his head.
"That doesn't make any sense. I get we're at war, but why leave such BLANTANT clues pointing back at you for such an over the top idea?"
Tyler nodded as he looked at the map.
"I think it's a front."
Sora frowned.
"Blame damage done by another enemy on the known enemy. A classic."
"And a VERY worrying one as well. You hear of the worms?"
"I have. They just make this weirder. They had the perfect position to launch a sneak attack on the queendom but didn't. There are multiple players in this game Tyler. Some using different playstyles."
"US against the world huh? Sound familar?"
Sora chuckled at that one as a knowing light appeared in his eyes.
"Those always DO make the best games."
"Lets go show them how WE play this world."
The Company broke camp and got riding along the road. The road was still threading through a narrow valley and the warrior frowned as he saw the steep hills either side of them.
"Strand, this place prone to landslides?"
The Ranger shook her head.
"No Lord Berserker. This road is ancient. Even older then the Ranger Brigades as a whole. There is Deep Magic in this valley and it has kept it safe from landslides for millienia."
"Good. This valley goes the road's lost."
The company rode hard through the valley until they came to another snakeback climb of two wagons wide and Tyler took point with Shadow as they went. The warrior made it to the top of the cliff and looked ahead at the road. They were now riding into a dense forest not unlike Wilder forest while in the distance was seen small pillars of smoke from fires. Tyler nodded as he saw this and pulled his horse to the side as the rest of the Company climbed the snakeback without issue. Once they were all on the top Tyler pointed out the smoke. Strand nodded.
"That's Drikin Village alright. Let us make haste."
"We go in nice and easy. Lest we run into an ambush."
"Ah. Understood."
The heroes rode at their usual pace of a moderate canter through the forest toward the pillars in the distance. Tyler kept an eye on the forest around them and frowned as he noted something.
"Strand. The forest."
"Yes i sense it too. The forest is far too quiet."
Asuna had her hand on her rapier.
"What are we dealing with, Tyler?"
He frowned and looked at the fringe of the forest closely now. The trees were far smaller then Wilder and more akin to a north american deidcious woodland. As he looked a shadow flitted between trunks.
"Raptors. we're surrounded."
The company nodded as they moved with hands on weapons. Strand frowned.
"This is not normal behaviour for Forest Wolves. We are far too many in number for a pack to stalk like this."
"Hmm. Someone do a magic check on them. ready ice spells."
The heads nodded and the mana was channeled as a low squack was heard....followed by all hell breaking loose. Dozens of leaping velociraptors came screeching from the woodland as the heroes cast their ice spells. Tyler nodded as the dinosaurs dropped from the arctic attack.
"FROZEN WASTES."
The ground for 10 meters under Shadow turned to ice and the air became frigid. The dinos were repelled with not a one suriviving and a few slashes on horses and hero alike. Once the heals were dealt out Tyler hopped off Shadow to examine the body of the largest raptor with Strand. Teh ranger placed a hand on the narrow snout of the dead predator
"Natrual Eye."
Her eyes glowed bright gold as she saw what the dinosaur had seen while around them the bodies of the dinos were harvested for the Company's uses. Strand nodded after a few minutes.
"I have an answer Tyler."
He looked over from loading the wagon with meat.
"What are we dealing with Strand?"
She sighed.
"A rogue Draken. A man that has sought to control this area. Why we will have to ask. But he has HUNDREDS of raptors, forest tyrants, forest BREAKERS, and even a Alpine bear under his command."
"I only know two of those."
She smiled.
"The Breaker was the horned creature you fought in the arena."
"A triceratops. Okay. And an Alpine Bear?"
She pulled her own photo crystal and an image of a Sasquatch was seen. Tyler nodded.
"So a Bigfoot. Alright. We'll check in at the village and the Ranger station before we go hunting."
She nodded.
"Agreed. The Station is outside the village. Only another Ranger can find it."
"Alright. Asuna. Status?"
"we're good."
"I am keeping the biggest toe claw. ACCEPT IT."
Those that knew chuckled as the nearly 12 inch claw was tossed to him by Akeno.
"Don't sit on it!"
"Akeno, you REALLY use that as an opener?"
"err."
"remember. I know you."
"OOoookay. SUUUUPER creepy."
The claw was added to his pack and Rias chuckled as he mounted Shadow.
"Jurassic Park."
"Yup."
"Ha. A classic. yet you didn't keep any t-rex teeth?"
"Oh I did. Just haven't done anything with em yet."
They got moving and refocused on the village. Tyler was the first to spot the battered gate to the village around a bend and the tired men cleaning the mess groaned visibly at the heavily armed and well supplied company of soldiers approaching. Tyler manuvered Shadow up to the group of dejected men as they looked up at him and the tallest man spoke in a deep grunt.
"Please. Tell us you're here to help."
Tyler smiled.
"I'm Tyler. We're the Heroes Company. We'll take it from here. Alright people. You know what to do. BREAK."
The company got to work with a WILL. The tired and weak villagers broke out into hoarse cheers as the Heroes and the knights rolled in with magic and fresh arms. Tyler stayed mounted while the rest split to their tasks whiel he examined the forest. The village of Drikin was a small yet hardy place with maybe 50 buildings in all built in a perfect circle around the road leading through the mountians. Population wise it had maybe 500 people living there in wooden structure reinforced by stone and earthenwork. The largest building sat in the center and was the Chief's longhall that housed the chief and his family. Tyler looked at the damage now as he sought to piece together the attack. The gate they'd rode through had been ten feet tall and made from solid oaken planks while the fencing around the village was made from the same. Only the front gate had been damaged and from the look of the people, had been done so mulitple times. Tyler dismounted the horse and threw himself into the work with all of his strength. The sun rose high into the sky as the main gate was risen once more and locked by the reinvigorated villagers. Once it was, Tyler took the leaders to the Chief's longhall for a debriefing on the attack.
The leader of the attack was a mountain of a man named Bjorn Treebreaker. He rose to an imposing 8 feet tall with coal black skin and razor sharp hooded brown eyes. His attire was the pelt of a large black bear and he spoke in a deep growl not unlike the animal he wore.
"On behalf of my village, Lord Berserker, I thank you for your aid here this day. we are a hunting village by trade, and we offer our stores as repayment."
Tyler chuckled as he saw at the animal bone table in the center of the longhall.
"We'll talk repayment later. Job is only half done in my book, Chief Bjorn. Okay. We encountered the Forest Wolves on our way in. They are NOT acting as they should."
The massive man nodded in agreement.
"No they are not. We did not learn of this until they came screeching through our gates. Led they were, by an Alpine bear. A MONSTER of an Alpine Bear too. It stood maybe 20 feet tall and was as wide at the shoulders as my door."
The door in question was 8 feet across. Strand frowned as she heard this.
"This is not the description of an Alpine Bear, Chief Bjorn. Have you any material from the beast?"
"We have some hair."
The strands were placed in view for all and Tyler blinked as he saw it.
"I know that fur. It's another breed of Alpine Bear. I think the name in my world was Stonish Giant. No one's ever seen one straight on before."
Strand nodded as she inspected the slate grey fur.
"That is my deduction as well. In our words, they are refered to as fathers of the forest."
"I'dda thought that been a bear."
"THOSE are called Bear kings."
"Ah."
Bjorn continued.
"Now we are used to random animal attacks as a rule of the forest. But we were NOT prepared for this. The Wolves attacked without direction or seeking of food while the Alpine Bear retreated as soon as the gates were breached. We killed many, many wolves but they came in hordes. We were about to be overrun when they turned as one and left without feasting on the flesh of the dead. we were so confused but what had just occured. The attacks came daily. Only this morn have they broken schedule. The toll is 50 men, 40 women, and about 25 children had been taken by the beasts."
The massive man sighed deeply at this fact and Tyler sat back in his tyrant bone chair.
"Have you sent scouts?"
"we have. NONE have returned."
"And these are people that grew up in these woods too. Hmm. Strand, we need to see the Station."
"Absolutely. Ingot is no fool. And NOT suicidally valorous. If they were attacked and overwhelmed, he will have left SOMETHING for another Ranger to find."
Tyler looked at Asuna.
"We're splitting the crew. I'm going with Strand with a squad and the rest will defend the village."
She nodded.
"Understood. Who are you taking?"
"Kirito, Erza, Asia, annnnnd"
He reviewed his fighting force.
"Bell."
She nodded.
"We'll keep them safe."
"Use wall spells to reinforce everything."
"We'll get right on it."
Tyler looked at Bjorn.
"YOU and your people rest. We are still fresh. As hard as it will be, get some sleep."
The man smiled at the command.
"You be a young buck yet, but your eyes are an Old Wolf's eyes Lord Berserker. we greatly appreciate everything you have done thus far and will do for us in the future. And when we are rested we WILL aid you."
"That be the plan. Points a saving your asses if you don't try to do the same?"
"HA."
The villagers went to their beds for a well earned rest while Tyler gathered his fighters. Erza smiled as she adjusted her greatsword. She was an imposing girl with deep scarlet hair that hung to her lower back and clashed with her blued steel armor nicely. her frame was slender with evident muscles from her rough lifestyle and her bust large. Her eyes were a bright shade of brown and her voice a hardy bark.
"I'm ready. and I do want a rematch tyler."
"Sure thing Erza."
Kirito nodded as he cracked a wrist.
"Let;s get this done."
Bell and Asia nodded and Strand looked to the deep forest.
"Let's move. Follow my steps EXACTLY. Very few see our Stations, and even fewer walk away unharmed."
They entered the forest at a light trot and Tyler noticed something nearly instantly as they left the village behind.
"No rodents, no INSECTS, no birds, jesus I am not liking this, Strand."
"Something has the forest TERRIFIED, Tyler. And there are a VERY few select things that can silence a forest like this."
"A demon?"
"They can yes. But only one of power."
Asia came up with a serious expression on her otherwise adorable face.
"I don't think it's a demon Tyler. The feeling is all wrong."
He looked at her.
"Can you put a finger on the feeling?"
"Like a mix of Rias's aura plus Irinia's light and.....a breeze in the trees. Best I can describe it."
"A nature Spirit?"
"THAT. YES. That fits perfectly."
Tyler looked at Strand.
"Someone pissed off the Nature Spirit in the forest. OR it turned."
She nodded as she scanned the forest around her with her Ranger skills and elven senses.
"And that is cause for extreme concern. if a Spirit has turned, the ENTIRE forest has turned. The Station will know more."
"So why are they so well hidden?"
She smiled.
"They serve as loding for Rangers when we want to be left the fuck alone."
"HA. Okay I want one."
"Amusing and I do not blame you. They are also our temples to our various nature deites that protect our forests."
"If a temple is desecrated?"
She blinked.
"That would be cause for the deity to turn or fight back. And to appease them we would need to repair the damage."
"We have motive. AND a solution."
Erza was lookig around at the forest now.
"hm? I just saw Lucy, one of my guildmates, stepping behind that tree."
"DON'T MOVE. it's a trap."
Strand's voice stopped the redhead in her tracks. Tyler looked over in the indicated direction as a rather busty blonde was seen flitting from tree to tree.
"That's not Lucy. Not even CLOSE."
Erza chuckled s she looked at him.
"You know Fairytail?"
He turned and lifted his left hand in a backwards L and she shivered as she returned the salute.
"No matter where you go, no matter what you do, know I am always looking in your direction. even though our paths may part, I am ALWAYS on your side. We are Fairytail. We are FAMILY."
Erza smiled proudly as he finished the Fairytail oath.
"Master would be PROUD to call you a guildmate. And we will discuss this later."
"Absolutely. Now, the spirit."
Strand had not taken her eyes off the dancing apparition.
"Stab it in the heart, Tyler. Or use a holy spell."
"Alright. I have two, Kirito."
"On it."
Tyler walked up to the dancing blonde as she smiled invitingly at him.
"Hey. You dead yet?"
The blonde giggled and leapt back a step and Tyler flicked a rock into the spot she wanted him to step on...and it sank into the bed of soft looking moss.
"A sinkhole. Get a new trick."
The blonde huffed in disappointment at the foiling...before LUNGING at him suddenly.
"Switch. HOLY SLICER!"
Kirito came in with his now white coated swords to stab the thing in the chest and the creature screamed in agony before exploding into dust leaving her gown impaled on the blue sword of the swordsmen. Tyler smiled as Kirito lowered his sword cautiously to let the potentially cursed gown slide from his sword.
"Good kill kirito. You level?"
He looked.
"Yup. Level 2."
"Do numbers later. Strand?"
She took the gown.
"It'll need to be purified at an altar before we can use it. But good kill. That was a Forest Ghost. The fact that was here, means the Spirit HAS turned."
They continued through the trail and Kirito smiled.
"Catching up."
"Bro I'm level 4. HALFWAY to level 5."
"I'll catch up."
Bell chuckled as he perked up.
"I'll catch up too, Tyler."
"I hope so. it's lonely here at the top."
The group smirked at THAT cocky kick to the balls and Asia giggled.
"I'll be sure to tell the others that Tyler!"
"Please do, Glowball."
"Hey! Dick."
"Cute."
She giggled as the friends shook their heads at that fact. Strand smiled fondly before she looked ahead as they climbed an embankment by a streamlet.
"The Station is just ahead."
Tyler sniffed the breeze.
"Strand. The breeze."
"I smell it too."
A scent of rotting meat, dried piss, old shit, burnt wood, and ash was on the air as they crested the embankement to be faced with a badly burnt stone structure in the shape of a wall. The structure was 50 feet tall, 150 feet long and 300 feet wide with a pyramid style construction. It had collasped in on itself with scorch marks and dried blood all over the outside. Tyler had his lance and shield up as Strand led them to the shattered front door where a mass of tracks led in with only a few coming out. The warrior sighed as he saw the small humaniod feet.
"goblins?"
"Indeed. A mass of goblins attacked the Station."
They pushed the shattered door open to reveal a grisly sight. Upwards of forty Rangers lay in piles of ead and rotting goblins that had brought them down. The bodies mutilated from the weapons and spells of the caught by surprise Ranger Brigade and Tyler noted the way the tracks were laid out in the muddy floor.
"The goblins got through the door by sheer weight of numbers ALONE. These poor bastards held out for a very long time."
Strand nodded with dry eyes as she looked atnthe carnage.
"A Ranger's first duty in this instance is to defend the Altar. It's the spirit's home and sacred place."
They walked inside and Tyler noted the battered ceiling above.
"worry not. Stations are BUILT to be sacked and repaired. Due to where they're built, they are VERY sturdy."
"Makes sense, Strand. but that support beam is worrying me."
She looked at the beam in question and nodded as she saw the shattered timber.
"Me as well. That section of the roof is unstable. Let us hurry."
They moved into the circular structure that was lined with the bodies of goblins nearly two feet deep. The creatures were of a uniform 2 feet tall and built like hairless rats but with the crushed faces of a certain breed of dog. The things were stacked three deep on the floor with individiual Rangers playing rearguard for the clear retreat. Tyler frowned as he saw this.
"How many Rangers can a place like this hold at once, Strand?"
"Up to 60. As this is a popular stophouse, it is usually full."
"Huh. I counted forty in that main hall."
"we are missing 15."
"Captives?"
"Not likely. We have suicide abilities to avoid such hells."
"Smart."
They made their way deeper into the Station and the numbers of dead goblins started making Tyler frown for a new reason as he looked at them.
"THIS many goblins at once and the village knew nothing? that doesn't make any sense."
The Ranger again provided insight.
"Goblins do not sue fire for their food. And they are like rats when they move in numbers. The MOST you'd would expect to see is a mere rustle in the trees for ten thousand."
"Huh. Their food?"
"They eat meat. Anything that moves really."
"That still doesn't add up then......actually it does. it explains why the forest was so damn quiet. feeding an army on the march is a task of the gods. Monsters or not."
She nodded sagely at this truth as they entered a new section.
"it is indeed. Which is why the fact they are moving in numbers at all is cause for alarm."
"Hmm. Have you noticed differences in tribe or clan?"
"I have. I counted thirty clans in the main hall alone."
"If one were to control the CHIEFTAINS?"
She blinked.
"One could build an army of the rodents in an afternoon."
Tyler nodded.
"Some idiot is trying to play overlord. Greeeat."
The rest of the party were ashen faced by the horrific sight of the massecre and Asia shivered.
"You're okay Asia."
"I know. Just kinda gross."
"Ha. We'll make sure those bastards pay one way or another."
She smiled and kirito frowned as he noted something.
"Hey Tyler. None of the meat's been eaten."
"Yeah i noticed that as well. which means a hurry. THAT'S not good."
Strand looked ahead at a larger pile of goblin bodies.
"The Inner Sanctum. I will need an oath from you all."
They nodded.
"NEVER reveal a WORD of what you see, hear, or experience inside the sanctum with any but another Ranger. NOT even the Princess. Are we clear?"
"We are Strand."
Tey nodded and the elf looked at the pile.
"Alright. I'll open it."
She walked up and placed her hand on a spot on the stone wall. There was a click and the wall opened like a mouth to reveal even MORE dead goblins inside that fell out like trash from a dumptruck. Tyler whistled at the sheer mass of dead.
"Damn. I see what they did. Open the door, let in a mass, close the door, and CRUSH THEM. rinse and repeat. Scary thing? That was one o MY ideas."
Kirito whistled as well as the piles of dead goblins were pushed aside by the door.
"The numbers involved is just plain scary."
Once they could get through the door the friends walked down a staircase made from granite now encrusted in three inches of dried goblin blood that was a deep purple in color. The walls were decorated in animal totems and emblems while paintings of hunts, healing, herbology, and other such natural work was seen. Tyler spotted a wolf totem covered in purple goblin blood and stopped to clean the thing off with a cloth before he put it back.
"BEtter."
The wolf's head totem growled and Strand chuckled.
"Lupus says thank you."
"No wolf worth her fangs should go around like that."
The totem's eyes glowed a moment and Strand smiled approvingly.
"Lupus approves of your existence. And has granted you access to other Stations that house her totems."
"Thanks Lupus."
He walked away and Kirito chuckled.
"I halfexpected you to get a perk or a title there, Tyler."
"Oddly enough me too. But hey that'd a been a little TOO easy."
He chuckled at that one as they reached the bottom of the stairs where a circular door was seen buried under more goblin bodies. Strand frowned at this blockage.
"I have a fire spell."
"It would damage the sanctum."
He shrugged.
"Hard way it is then. Come we need to get this door unblocked."
The friends sighed but got to work tossing dead goblins out of the way. the work took a solid thirty minutes until Strand could force the nearly solid purple thing open with a creak of hinges. The friends were then faced with the Altar of the Ranger station. The thing was a large slab of stone sitting on pristine grass surrounded by small shrubs and flower bushes. Strand tugged her ear in tribute to the Altar and Tyler dipped his head to it. The friends showed their respect before they inspected the chamber. There was not a drop of goblin blood inside the chamber nor any signs of a struggle. Tyler frowned as he saw this.
"Strand, there another way outta here?"
"There is. A secret exit only the Station Master knoes about."
"Ingot."
"Exactly. And we're still missing 15 rangers."
"If he got out, he would have taken the survivors with him."
"Absolutely. Rangers together."
Tyler looked at the Altar.
"IS there something that should be sitting on that bench?"
Strand nodded now.
"Yes. The Station Gem. The Spirit's gift to the Station so it can even be here. If memory serves, this one's was a giant opal."
"Explains why it's so pissed. Ingot took it with him to make sure the goblins couldn't have it."
"Which means he lives yet."
She went to a wall and looked at them.
"This is a Ranger Secret. I am a Master, so I know this exists. DO NOT betray my judgement."
More nods were seen and a small stone door was opened to reveal a single file tunnel leading into the distance. Tyler followed Strand as they went down the thing and the door shut behind them, leaving them in near total darkness. They kept moving however and after a few minutes they climbed out of a treetrunk on a hill overlooking the Station. Tyler frowned at the distance they'd gone from the Station and Strand pointed to the dirt.
"They went this way."
They followed the faded tracks of the survivors away from the station and Erza sighed.
"I know how they must have felt. Having to retreat while your Hall burns."
Tyler sighed.
"I think they more mourned the loss of their Station Mates then the building itself. A building can be rebuilt. But you can't bring back to dead."
ERza shivered at that reminder and Kirito patted him on the back.
"Here and now Tyler."
"Thanks Kirito."
"I gotchyer too ya know."
"Ha."
Strand smiled at the moment as they came to a sandy clearing where the elven Ranger nodded.
"The trail leads into a hidden storeroom. NO other tracks are found. They;re inside."
Tyler looked around.
"Wait. that doesn't make any sense Strand."
"explain."
"They had the numbers to FLOOD a RAnger Station to the extent we saw. NOW do we know they didn't have RESERVES in WAIT?"
She blinked at this nasty possibility and Kirito looked at the clearing now. It was situated inside a slight bowl with the rockface they were standing by at the end. Tyler looked at the sandy clearing and noted it was not a perfect circle. Bell frowned.
"We have to find out, Tyler. If it's a trap, it's the kind we have to set off. Just to know what happened."
Tyler sighed at this.
"You've a point Bell. Part a me wants to say cut our losses and secure the village. Then come back in force."
Strand smiled at this.
"Caution in a leader is always a good thing. And seeing the more important goal over the rest. Yet this is my duty as a Ranger to find out what happened to my companions. YOU do NOT have to follow."
He chuckled at that.
"We'll follow to hell an back Strand. We're friends. we gotchyer back. Now crack it open and let's start this shitshow."
She smiled at this and set her hand to the wall. She twisted and there was a deep click before the door swung open...and the friends were met by a swinging mace on a chain aiming RIGHT for Strand's chest. Tyler reacted like lightning to pull the elf from danger as the nearly thirty pound spiked ball missed. Tyler chuckled as he saw this/
"That is such a classic trap."
He looked into the tunnel.
"Hey! You alive in there?"
A deep, gravely chuckle was heard.
"BARELY laddee! Be ya friendly?"
"Depends on the day! You're fine today! tomorrow's up in the air at the moment!"
The voice chuckled at that as a shorter man in battered steel armor wielding a battleaxe stepped into view.
"Ya got heart laddee. Rangers Together."
Strand smiled.
"RAngers forever. Ingot!"
"Belay mah eyes. if it ain't Little Strand! Ha! C'mere lassie! Lemme get a look atchya!"
a 4 foot tall barrel of a man stode out of the tunnel in fine cheer even though he was covered from head to foot in old wounds, badly healed wounds, and dried blood. His red hair was nearly purple, his browned skin the same and his one eye was still twinkling. Tyler smiled as he looked into the hole and found the remaining 14 rangers limping weakly into view.
"Asia, time to strut your stuff."
"Kay! Come on out."
Once the wounded were retrieved,
"Twilight Healing."
Asia clasped her hands together in prayer as her immensely powerful healing spell encased the 15 and healed their infections, wounds, aches, ad even removed the scars. Bell was awestruck by this flex of power from the pretty blonde.
"Wow Miss Asia. You're amazing."
"Aww thanks!"
She blushed shyly at the geninue praise as the spell died, Tyler then approached the chuckling dwarf.
"Nice to see you still in piece. I'm Tyler. We're with the Heroes Company."
THe dwarf clasped arms with the taller man.
"Good to know ya laddee. What news of the village?"
"They got hit hard by an army of forest wolves. My company has them defended for the time being."
"Good. we've the gem for the Altar with us. We need replace it before Lady Nightshade gets any angrier."
Tyler nodded as the nearly three foot wide Opal was presented.
"We'll do that now. Come on."
The grouo moved for the door to the secret exit as Ingot told the tale.
"We got attacked out of nothing. Horders a em. Goblins to the last. they came barging into the station and we held them for hours. But there was just too many a the damned things. That battle lasted three days and we made those bastard BLEED for EVERY inch. finally we were driven to the Altar. Took the gem and we got out through the back door. Reached the storeroom and locked the door."
Tyler nodded.
"Any sign of a leader?"
"Hmm. We got glimpes of a Draken giving the orders through windows and such, but nothing certain. There WERE shifters in the fray."
"HAllowed Ground."
Tyler cast his Hostile detection spell and smiled as he got no hits. Ingot chuckled at the ploy.
"Ya be a WILY twit an no mistake. we got em all."
"The goblins or the shifters?"
"BOTH laddee, BOTH. why do ya think none got into the Altar?"
"Dwarven engineering?"
"HA!"
They returned to the Altar and Ingot replaced the gem in it's rightful place.
"Me apologies milady Nightshade."
A deep, feminine voice was heard from the chamber now.
"You have returned my Gem, dear Ingot. And you removed it only to defend it. I forgive this slight. Even IF it took longer then it should have."
Tyler chuckled at that one and the voice turned to face HIM now.
"So. Lord Berserker. There have been WHISPERS of you in the Astral plane. NAmely that CURSED ability you have."
The warrior smiled.
"So we have an understanding."
"Cocky mortal."
"Piss me off, and I TAKE your world from you. revenge of the Demon. read it."
The voice was then heard to SHUDDER.
"By the FOREST."
Tyler nodded sagely.
"DO NOT, push me. ONLY warning. We clear?"
"We are."
The voice had a new tone of wariness in it that made the natives gulp. Tyler then refocused.
"Alright. So what's next?"
The voice cleared her throat to regain her composure.
"Now I resecure MY home. The Station is permitted to be rebuilt once the MESS has been cleaned."
TYler nodded.
"We'll deal with that once we're done with our current mess."
The voice chuckled now.
"NOT you. The Rangers. This is their mess, their home, they clean it up"
"Oh. That's fair. Alright."
The gem was sealed inside the chamber before the wall was rendered solid by the Spirit's power. Ingot followed the party as they left the Station.
"What be our path now, Tyler?"
"Secure the village and plan our next move. Right now we have beads on TWO full armies out there, Ingot. One of Forest Wolves, and the other of goblins. Sorry, I don't think yuo got them all."
He smirked.
"And yer REASON?"
"It'd be too easy."
"Lad that is a SCARY way to look at the world. And a true one at that."
Strand nodded.
"It is indeed. Yet, he hasn't led us wrong thus far."
"Ha. Kinda hard to when we're following a map."
They chuckled at that one as Asia giggled.
"You're pretty good with them knives, Bell!"
"Thanks Asia. I'm not the best though."
"hmm, I think you are."
Tyler looked back and smiled at the sight of Asia and Bell chatting with red ears and nervous smiles. Then he chuckled at Kirito.
"I think SOMEONE needs a word."
"I completely agree."
They returned to the village to find the walls reinforced with sheets of magical ice. The exhuasted Rangers smiled in relief as they walked into the village and Tyler looked at Ingot.
"You and the Rangers get some proper rest. DON'T GO THERE. My crew is fresh. You're not."
Ingot sighed at this.
"Aye. Goes against the grain somethin fierce letting others fight me battles, but aye"
"Well when you're a person again, get back out here and show us outworlders what a dwarf can do."
"HA! Good on ya laddee!"
The fiery dwarf went with his battered Rangers to get some well earned shuteye and Tyler looked at Strand.
"we'll check in with the rest."
She nodded and they met up with the Leaders in the longhall. Asuna slid a mug of cordial to him.
"Tell us everything."
"We're under Ranger Oath for a few pieces, but we can tell you the majority."
They reported ion the results of the search and the destruction of the Ranger Station. Strand adding her own input here and there before they were caught up. Then Tyler looked at Rias.
"So you know? Asia seems to have a CRUSH on Bell. And vice versa."
She smiled.
"Good for you Asia. we'll see to her."
"we got Bell."
The heads nodded and Tyler opened the map.
"Somewhere in this forest are TWO full armies on the march. One is made of Forest Wolves and other such creatures, the other is goblins and whatever else. we need to find them."
The heads nodded and Victoria frowned.
"we don't have the numbers Tyler. And your heroes are NOT READY for such a hard war yet. Send for the Queen."
He frowned at this and Asuna nodded.
"It's not worth the risk."
He sighed.
"Alright."
The orb was placed on the table and Mylissia appeared. she saw the grim expressions and nodded.
"A moment."
The queen returned to her study.
"What happened?"
Strand explained everything but the Ranger Secret and Mylissia sighed.
"It is worse then I feared. Two full armies are on the march inside my borders and I am JUST learning of them. Okay. Tyler, what do you need?"
He looked at the map.
"A full Ranger Brigade, an extra 250 knights used to mountain combat, 100 skilled mages, and that'll do it."
Victoria smiled approvingly.
"A VERY well balanced fighting force."
"They won't make it in time."
They blinked and Mina looked at him with a frown.
"How can be sure?"
"It'd be too easy."
They sighed at that one and Asuna smiled.
"Sometimes it is."
"I am LOOKING at it like it NEVER IS."
Sora nodded with a smirk.
"OVERestimate your enemy, and you will NEVER be surprised. Alright. What do we do?"
Mylissia smiled.
"I'll call muster for the soldiers Tyler. They'll reach you in three days."
"Good. we have 400 reinforcements coming to us in three days. Which means we have to hold the line until then. In the morning we're on reinforce. Bjorn and his villagers can fight too. So the force is already bolstered by 250. we had 151. So we have a fighting force of 416. we got the numbers for a good defence of the village."
Mina nodded.
"A seige?"
"We win. Once the Rangers get there they'll tear that forest apart the only way they know how. A good RAnger Brigade can clean house on a hundred miles of known woodland."
Strand smiled.
"More three hundred."
"Better. They have to try and attack us directly as he have the advantage of supplies, lodging, and morale on our side. we CAN wait. THEY can't. we have the means to hold out for MONTHS up here. and on a road like this that just isn't an option for an occupying force."
Mina nodded and Mylissia did as well.
"You know war well. This is good. The call went out and we will have them on the trail in an hour."
"Good. Seria?"
"IS waiting for you."
He smiled and Asuna chuckled.
"We got this. Go to her."
The warrior left the meeting and went to where his tent had been pitched as the inn was reserved for wounded. He used a spell to clean up before he smiled.
"Night's Longing."
Seria appeared from the ground with a smile in a thin nightgown.
"I'm here my love."
He grabbed her in a tight hug.
"I missed you Seria."
She smiled as she held him tightly.
"I missed you too, Tyler. And we're alone."
"Rias was hiding from the truth."
"Ah. So you made her face it."
"I did."
"Good. And to be honest I was testing you."
"I love you, Seria. No one else."
She smiled as they laid in the bedroll.
"I love you too, Tyler. I don't want to share."
"You won't."
She smiled as they had a meal of fried raptor and some cordial.
"And the Lady says I have a talent in my lessons!"
"Sexy."
"Yup! I can't wait to try them on you!"
He hugged her to him as they settled for the night.
"Good night, my beloved fiance."
"Good night my beloved HUSBAND.

THE BATTLES FOR DRIKEN VILLAGE.
DAY 15.
SUNDAY.
GOLD: 10,193.



Tyler woke to see the beautiful face of his dear Seria beside him in his bedroll. He smiled at this and leaned over her ear.
"I love you."
She woke with a shiver.
"I love you too."
He hugged her tightly and the princess smiled happily.
"I'll be waiting for you."
"I'll come for you soon, my WIFE."
She sighed happily at that and he smiled.
"And I'll have trophies."
Seria laughed at that one as she rested her head on his shoulder.
"I'll have tricks to use on you!"
"Ha. I love you, Seria."
"I love you too, Tyler. I'll see you at home."
He shivered at that and smiled.
"I'll be home soon, Seria. In the meantime enjoy the show."
"Oh I AM."
She faded out and he sighed at the loss of her warmth before he refocused and geared up for the day. he left his tent and went to the longhall where he was met by Asuna. The hall was laid out with the chieftain's throne at the far end of the hall while numerous tables and benches made from animal parts were set around a grand fire in the exact center of the hall. Asuna slid him a mug of coffee as he sat down.
"The guard got probed last night. A lesser tyrant."
Tyler frowned.
"I'll need a picture."
Strand slid him a tooth and he looked at it.
"Oh. That's nothing big. Ceratosaurus. 8 feet tall and up to 20 feet long. Who brought it down?"
Asuna smiled.
"Unicorn did. with her trident."
"Point made."
There was a mass groan from the room at the HORRIDENOUS pun and Tyler chuckled at his own joke before he got serious again.
"So are you sure it was a probe?"
Asuna sighed.
"Your jokes SUCK. There. I said it. We are. It attacked Unicorn after being seen wandering along the outer wall. They left it alone that long as it seemed to be a wandering predator."
"She level up?"
"She's halfway to level 2. It helped her a lot, but so far only you and kirito have leveled up. I'm halfway to 2."
"You're SLACKING Asuna."
She rubbed her eyes in frustration.
"I know, I know. I need to get out there and grind. Ugh. So what we do today?"
"reinforce. I'll take a crew out and see what prey we can track down for the village's stores. Strand,"
"Here."
"Are there any other villages in reach?"
She thought for a moment before shaking her head.
"None. The nearest is a full three days down the road from here. And is a military garrison with 1,500 men. It's an outpost for their mage corp's training."
"Hmm."
He opened the map and she tapped the secluded village higher in the mountains.
"Here."
He traced a line from Drikin to the new village through the harsh mountains and nodded.
"There is some EXTREMELY harsh terrain up there and you'd literally have to cross three peaks to get there. Okay. A direct attack on them while we're busy here is not an option due to the strain involved. Okay. We're on a resupply mission for the village. Best we can get in a 6 hour hunt."
Mina smiled.
"fortify for a seige and probe them at the same time. Smart. Who's on the hunting crew?"
"Me, Strand, YOU, Yoshkia, Barkhorn and......Akeno."
They nodded and Asuna chuckled.
"I like how you set up raiding parties. Okay and we're still working to rebuild the village."
"How many were lost?"
"About 15 after we arrived. Their wound were infected and a few had been poisoned by the monsters and we don't any poison purgers."
He sighed.
"I have one. Shit I forgot to tell you."
Mina nodded sadly.
"A VERY EASY oversight. You know now."
"Yeah. We'll make it so any abilities you have are Leader knowledge and you have to inform the Table when you get a new one."
Asuna smiled.
"We did that in the Bloodoath. Heathcliff would get so pissed when some rookie some hardcore ability by litterally TRIPPING over it."
"Ha. He spent all those years building that paradise....and a buncha highschoolers made him look stupid."
"HA."
Tyler looked at Mina.
"Ready up for a hunting trip slash scouting op."
"roger. Sanya's a scrier."
He blinked and Strand explained.
"She is highly skilled at Scry spells and cumminication skills. Her ability, Outreach, can turn any reflective surface into a communication mirror."
"Asuna, I want EVERYONE to get a copy of that spell. Mina, Sanya is now ORDERED to level up to MY level as soon as she can. SHe just got made vital."
"I will have her join our hunting expedition. She wields a battleaxe."
"Why does that just FIT? Okay."
Asuna had a notebook out.
"Scry spells and antidote spells. Any other orders, Tyler?"
He frowned.
"Overlap.We overlap wherever possible. And set level quotas. I'm the highest level out of 125 fighters. That is not acceptable. I want 25 at level 2 by the end of day three. Kirito is to reach level 3 in the same time period."
"Oh he's got a fire under his ass now. Alright we'll get to work."
"Good. BREAK."
The crew left the table to see to their preperations. Tyler went to his tent where he retreived his bow and quiver of arrows. He smiled as he saw Seria's place in his bedroll empty.
"I'll see you soon my Wife."
He smiled and left to meet with the rest of the force. Mina was waiting with her girls and Akeno. Yoshkia smiled as she had a satchel on her pack.
"Tyler, a request?"
"What's up?"
She had a light in her hazel eyes as she looked up at him.
"Sir. I request to search for herbs as well. I am skilled in nonmagical healing too."
"Granted. Make sure to let us know when you find something. Let's NO ONE get jumped today."
She beamed at this and he looked to a tough looking girl with a pair of broadswords on her hips. She was half a head shorter then him with a slender frame and dark brown hair in a twin braid. Her brown eyes were blazing with an iron will and her skin was light. She had a large bust in her scalemail tunic and plateskirt while her swords were double edged slashers.
"Barkhorn, you got a bow?"
She nodded and hefted a crossbow. Her voice a hard bark.
"Yes Sir. I know how this better then a normal bow."
"Good. DON'T MISS."
She smirked.
"Sir, I'm a true soldier of karlsland. I NEVER miss."
"Ha. Atta girl captain badass. Sanya."
There was a squeak as a VERY pretty girl stepped forward.
"Here sir!"
She was his hieght with a VERY slender frame and pale skin. Her hair was short cut and a rather pretty shade of silver that shimmered in the morning light. She was slender with a modest bust and her attire was a tight fitting tanktop and shorts covered by mail while on her back was her large double headed battleaxe and bow. The girl's eyes a lovely green and her vice a soft whisper. Tyler nodded.
"You need to level to my level. You comms spells are vital t us."
"I will do so."
"Good."
Akeno smiled as she tested her own bowstring.
"I'm ready too."
"Alright. Strand?"
"Here."
The elven ranger appeared beside him and he nodded.
"Let's move ladies."
They left the village and immediately got into the woods. Tyler had his bow low as he looked around at the trees as the village was lost behind them.
"Oh. Yoshkia, there's some ginseng."
"Wow. I got it."
The skilled witch collected the valuable herb as the silent forest made the warrior frown.
"Hmm. That cerato is out of place up here to begin with."
Strand nodded as they moved through the woodland.
"It is. It usually lives on the grassland lowlands. Not up here."
"Hmm. A scout."
She nodded as Mina scanned the trees.
"9 oclock."
They looked to see a large bear moving through the woodland. Tyler blinked at the size of the immense thing as it stood 10 feet tall at the shoulder on all fours and was maybe 30 feet long. It;s fur was slate grey and the head was angular like a wolf's. Strand blinked as she saw the monster.
"A Bear King. VERY impressive."
Tyler nodded as he watched the animal.
"If we take it, we can feed the village for WEEKS. Plus that fur is AWESOME."
Strand smiled as she eyed the thing.
"They ARE a prize. But are EXTREMELY tough. Make the choice."
Tyler smiled and walked over towards the lumbering creature snapping twigs under foot. The bear looked over curiously atthe noise and Tyler waved cockily at it.
"Hiya. You're gonna look great as a rug or something."
The bear reared to an imposing 45 feet tall with an earthshaking roar.
"Frozen wastes."
The ground under it's rear paws turned to slippery ice and as it went to drop onto it's front paws....it slipped. The thing fell flat on it's face,
"Sanya."
"Here!"
The TERRIFIED witch was there to slam her axe into the back of the gargantuan bear's neck with all her strength and the bear grunted and went limp. Sanya was panting with HUGE green eyes at the sudden excitement but as she pulled her axe free Tyler smiled.
"Good kill."
Strand blinked.
"HOW?"
"Think about it. That bear has so much mass behind it when it stands on it's legs like that, if it slips, it's STUNNED for a good few seconds."
"That is the strategy used against giants."
"No reason it dunn't work on other stuff."
"THAT is a VERY solid point."
Sanya looked at her plate.
"I leveled up! I hit two!"
Tyler patted the exicted girl approvingly.
"Atta girl. Now you got two more to go."
She smiled proudly as she put her Status Plate away.
"I'll work hard!"
He chuckled at her joy before they got to work butchering the immense beast. A grisly(Get it?) task that took about 2 hours before they had the entire animal back in the village. Tyler ran a hand over the extremely soft fur and smiled.
"I think I'll take the pelt."
Asuna chuckled as she loaded the meat into the village's storehouse.
"A better bedroll for the princess?"
"Yup."
"Ha. Sure."
The hunters headed back out on another raid this time up towards the Ranger Station. Yoshkia collcted numerous herbs and plants for her satchel while Tyler and Strand sought new prey. As they hunted the group came across another sandy clearing and Tyler noted it was perfectly circular. Strand did too.
"It might be another worm."
He flicked a fist sized rock into the mass of white sand and the teeth appeared snapping at the thing. He nodded.
"The teeth were bigger and fewer Strand."
"A mountain Worm. They're infuriatingly common up here. But are great food. Their skins when baked are delicious pie crusts, the meat like cow, and their teeth are good for decoration."
"Cool."
He flicked another rock and the teeth appeared. He used his lance to impale a spot between the shark like teeth and the 150 foot long worm reared from the ground in pain before Mina's katana hit it and Yoshkia waved her staff.
"Holy FIRE!"
The worm died and they pulled the thing from the hole. Yoskia checked her plate and pouted.
"OOOOh only halfway."
Tyler chuckled at her disappointment as he looked into the hole. Strand smiled as she cleaned the carcass.
"we can look once the worm is butchered."
"Sure. I can see some worms shitting gems."
"THOSE are known as King Worms and are EXTREMELY rare. When one is found they usually are tamed through a spell to produce gems for their new owner."
Tyler smirked as he heard that.
"We'll find one for the company then. A gem shitter would go a long way for our funding."
Strand chuckled.
"They live in the Grand desert far to the west unfortunately. And the Desert is a legendary death trap.....you'll explore it eventually."
"KInda comes with the territory."
She sighed with a smile as the worm was butchered under her expert advice. Once the hole was empty Tyler looked into the 6 foot wide pit.
"Don't bother. Mountain Worms shit sand."
"We should fill it in so something else doesn't use it."
"I see the logic, but when it rains they help with ground water."
"Ah."
The friends moved on around the ruined Ranger station as Barkhorn spoke up.
"3 oclock low."
They looked and were faced by a large white tailed deer moving through the trees. Tyler frowned nearly instantly.
"Thhhat is not a normal deer."
Strand nodded as she saw the oddly lumbering gait of the animal.
"No it is not. My guess is it's a Shadow Deer. Or False Deer. it's a form of undead actually and if you attack it the thing turns into a rotting corpse. Holy spells are the only way to bring it down for certain.
"Barkhorn, pass me a bolt."
She did and he used his spell.
"Holy Smite."
The now Holy Infused crossbow bolt was passed back and Barkhorn took aim. The deer looked at her curiously as the shaft slammed into it's shoulder. It screamed like a rusty hinge before exploding into white dust and Strand smiled.
"The antlers and pelt are EXTREMELY valuable to crafters. I'll handle them."
Barkhorn looked at her plate.
"Ugh. HAlf."
"Good kill though."
She nodded as she reloaded her crossbow.
"I need to get stronger."
Tyler looked around at the forest when Yoshkia perked up.
"I got a few Snowdrop flowers here, Tyler."
"Load up Yoshkia. i gotchya."
She smiled as she plucked the plants from the ground. As she did, Tyler caught a faint sound on the wind, the faint sound of metallic screaming in the distance.
"Go! The raptors are attacking the village!"
The hunting party were off like a GUNSHOT back for the village. Tyler out in front with his greatsword in a ready position as the air filled with the angry sounds of screeching raptors and fighting warriors.
"When we get in range, Barkhorn, Mina and Yoshkia aim arrows into the HIPS. NO where else. Sanya drop back and keep tabs on everyone. Akeno send lighting in the center. Strand snipe anything that looks like it's giving direction. I'll get in their teeth."
The heads nodded as they came to the top of an overlooking hill on the village. The front gate had been breached and close to 75 raptors were attacking the Heroes Company in cooridinated patterns like flying wedges designed to take a single warrior to the ground. Asuna had the heroes and the villagers firing arrows and dodging attacks but it was CLEAR they were backed against the wall. Tyler smirked as he saw a 15 foot tall slate grey shape at the back of the mass of raptors. The thing looking like a giant gorilla on it's elongated hindlegs and arms four times as muscular with the same slate grey fur as the lock Bjorn had shown them.
"HE'S for me."
Ty;er fired a grapple into a tree to swing off over the battle while the Father of the Forest sent a fresh wave of a hundred raptors at the beleaguered heroes. Mina and the snipers took aim and loosed shafts. A few raptors in killing position were dropped with arrows in their hips, which locked up their entire skeleton. The Father growled at this developement and went to retreat.
"Where da fuck do ya think YOU'RE goin?"
Only for Tyler's ice wall to raise up before the creature and the warrior slash at it's fur with his azurite sword. The beast had the face of an ape and it roared like one too as it blocked the greatsword with a stone club the size of Tyler's ENTIRE BODY. The warrior was deflected and a raptor leapt onto his back from the rear as the cowardly Father of the Forest ran. Tyler grunted as the 3 foot tall predator sank it;s claws and teeth into his flesh but had the wherewithall to SLAM his back into the still present ice tall. The raptor screeched in pain as something broke.
"OW that was my EAR you dick."
The raptor came loose and Tyler stabbed it in the chest with a dagger before two more leapt at him from the rear.
"Oh for fuck's sake. FIRESTORM."
A swirling tornado of bright blue flame exploded into being around him and it caught a mass of the raptors in it's perimeter, ROASTING them alive. The flames also cut off the retreat of a large number of raptors already in the village. The reptilian predators had nowhere to go as Asuna led the counterattack. Tyler met her in the middle and the fiery redhead was bleeding from her own claw marks and bites as she pulled her rapier free from a dead dino.
"They came out of nowhere and attacked EXACTLY like Bjorn said they did. Big guy breaks the gate, raptors flood in."
Tyler nodded as he swung the blood off his frame.
"Okay. We have a bead on ONE leader. That Stonish Giant has to go. It's controlling the raptors. It dies, the raptors tear at each other in a power grab. See to the wounded! YOU get that gate closed, healers get to work! and let's get these things butchered."
The adreniline riding Heroes got to work with a will seeing to the hurt and repairing the damage. Tyler included as he threw his own impressive strength to the rebuild. Once the village had been put back in order for the most part and Asia had healed Tyler's own injuries the leaders regrouped in the longhall with Bjorn and a much refreshed Ingot. Tyler sighed as he sat down.
"Okay. We're looking at a bleeder strategy."
The heads nodded and Bjorn sighed.
"They be attacking us at RANDOM, Lord Berserker. they could attack again RIGHT NOW."
Sora perked up.
"That Ape looking thing broke the gate and RETREATED instantly. It did NOTHING the entire fight until you took a swing at it."
Tyler sighed.
"That club is made out of granite. ONE square shot and I'm done. I felt that thing's strength in the block, and right now? IT'S higher level then I am. That said? it is TERRIFIED of fighting me."
Ingot frowned.
"HOw do ya know laddee?"
"I looked it in the eye and they flashed as if it knew me, and WHAT I am. If anything? it PANICKED."
Strand blinked from her place.
"From my vantage, the sword was blocked, it grunted, and HALF of the raptor army turned to attack you. En mass. It fits. But why?"
Tyler sighed.
"Now THAT I DON'T know. My guess is my Soulkiller. Even the Forest Spirit is wary of it. And since I've never hidden what it can do and have USED IT, it makes sense the enemy would hear about it."
Asuna looked at him with a frown.
"We've only been in world for two weeks or so Tyler. Can information reach that many people?"
"Absolutely. In my world, the underworld can transport goods from Brazil to Boston and back in under 24 hours."
Sora looked at him.
"So if your ability is known by the creature, and it reacted to it, that means it's REALLY freakin smart."
Ingot nodded with a sigh.
"Them beasts are smarter then we think. That weren't a Father of the Forest either. I got a good lookee at em, an in my opinion? It's an Old man of the forest. Or Forest Ghost as you'd know it Little Strand."
The elf blinked at this news.
"An Old man of the forest, MAster Ingot? THIS far south?"
"That be the strange part. And seen OUTSIDE their beloved conifer forests makes it the stranger."
Tyler crossed his arms.
"Okay. What am I dealing with Ingot?"
The dwarf chuckled.
"It's smarter then your average man and IMMENSELY strong physically speaking. They're born as level 6s and top out at level 15. That one I would place at level 8. So still a young un yet."
"Hm. So it's three levels above me. That club?"
Here the dwarf sighed.
"That not be Old Man work, laddee. That thing was fashioned by a forest giant as a TOOTHPICK. And they cherish those oddly enough."
"forest giants live out there?"
"They do. In numbers. They be a right pain in the ass too. 35 feet tall and about 10 wide at the chest. You'd think you was lookin at a tree...and then it steps on you."
Tyler frowned.
"We're not anywhere NEAR strong enough for giants yet. Even my Soulkiller is iffy. Stolen?"
Ingot smiled an unpleasent smile.
"Ya better hope so laddee. Not even I would WILLINGLY fight a clan of Forest Giants in their home turf."
"Gee THAT'S reassuring. Alright. 35 feet tall and mean."
He rubbed his chin thoughtfully and Sora sighed.
"We'd take immense losses if they appeared Tyler."
"Yeah i know. I'm little over halfway to level 5 right now. Anyone level in that fight Asuna?"
"Belfast did. She's level two. GAsper is halfway to level 2, and Kirito is a quarter of the way to three."
"Hmm. We don't have the time nor the prey to grind. We have the advantage of food and morale on our side. And that forest is dry as a bone."
Bjorn smirked unpleasently at the flash in Tyler's eyes.
"If ya set the forest on fire, Lord Berserker, we'd ALL DIE."
"NOT if we do it downHILL."
They looked at him at this and Sora blinked.
"A controlled burn?"
"Exactly. We DRENCH a set area around the village in water and clear out ALL the loose brush, dead trees, and stumps we can for that area. it's called a Fire Border. Then we peg out a section of woodland as the burn site. In my world it's used to help forest growth and deal with overpopulation as well. if we do it RIGHT, we can LITERALLY create a DEATHFIELD for ANYTHING that lives in the forest."
Strand smiled widely as she saw his plan.
"This is the same method my Kin in the eastern forests use to tend their forests! I am WELL VERSED as well as I spend many a decade with them. I will lend my knowledge to this ploy, Lord Berserker."
Tyler looked at Ingot.
"We'll need EXACTING measures for this to work the way we want it to. Could use some good dwarven perspective."
That made the barrel chested warrior laugh!
"Ya SHOULDA beena dwarf kid! I'm in this madman's scheme!"
Bjorn looked at him.
"You are a madman."
Tyler smiled.
"Well, thank for that then. Cause otherwise this'd probably never work."
The group chuckled at that before they split to their tasks of rigging the Firefield. Tyler had the map of the forest out with a few of Ingot's Rangers for the most densely packed section of woodland for a suitable area, Strand had a few rangers and the Heroes moving along forty yards of woodland collecting every dead branch, feeling every dead tree, and pulling every dead stump for transport to the burn site while the bone dry leaf litter was collected. Behind them came Belfast with her water mages soaking the ground for the safety barrier. Asuna had a wagon train moving from the road tom the 3 football fields of woodland set for the burnsite carrying the fuel and it was laid out in set walls for added potency. the work was carried out in a frency while Tyler bounced from position to position working alongside them all. The sun went down and they regrouped at the longhall. Strand drew a loop around the village.
"100 yards of woodland have been prepped as the barrier, Lord BErserker. and close to 500 yards are ready to burn."
"Good. Now we just lure that coward into the trap. It knows we're here. It knows I'M here. So it'll prepare for a hard assault."
A sound of snapping timbers was heard and the sound of screeching was heard. Tyler sighed as he tore out of the hall to see ANOTHER mass of raptors charging into the village with the Old Man at the far rear of the 100 plus raptors waving it's foot thing arms in a CLEAR taunt. Tyler flipped it off.
"Firestorm."
The ape-like creature huffed as the spell slammed into the spot it had JUST been before it flung a rock the size of Shadow at the warrior from the backranks. Tyler sighed as he and the rest of the heroes dodged leaping raptors and sliced heads while the cowardly Old Man of the forest threw boulders at them.
"Coward. Okay."
He let out a slow breath,
"RUSHING SLASH!"
He acitvated the ability he'd bought at Sabrina's shop, Rushing Slash, a Blade Dancer trick that sent him hurtling through the pack of raptors at the speed of a tempest with his howling blade taking several heads. He made it halfway to the apething....only for it to BACK UP THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT. This just served to irritate the warrior and he planted his feet,
"Frozen WASTES."
The ground under the raptor's feet for 60 yards turned to ice and they slipped while Tyler fired a grapple to FLY through the air at the retreating ape. It was full on RUNNING away from the battle and Tyler smirked as it left it's ENTIRE force of raptors behind.
"ICED WALL."
A 10 foot span of ice penned the entirety of the raptors inside the village for the heroes to mop up and Tyler waved at the far off creature.
"Thanks for dinner ya FUCKIN loser! I'll see ya REAL SOON!"
A rock the size of Shadow came flying at the warrior and he sidestepped the thing and leaned on it.
"Ya missed."
The screeching from inside the village cut off and the Old man was witnessed to realize the loss of it's raptors in a stomping fit and Tyler waved mockingly.
"I'm over here. AANNNNNNYTIME skunkape."
There was a low growl of anger at this and Tyler smirked.
"Oh? Hey, shit-for-fur, I'm over here! I CAN smell you from here!"
Another rumble of irritation and the warrior chuckled.
"Come on don't be shy. Skunkape."
The growl was deeper now and Tyler noted the thing in the distance had taken a few steps towards him as it's temper got the better of it's cowardice.
"Come on. One foot in the front of the other. No wonder you got kicked out. BABY BACK BITCH!"
The ape threw a tree at him this time and Tyler watched the thing soar over the edge of the hill by the village.
"Oh. You got fucked up vision. I'm only one person ya jackass! Not THAT hard to hit! Come on REJECT!"
The ape roared in anger at this...and went to walk away.
"LOOOOOOOOSEEEEEER!"
Only for Tyler's sweetly voiced taunt to get it in the heart. The ape turned on a heel and CHARGED the warrior in a rage and Tyler crouched with a wild light in his eyes as he prepped to meet the thing. The ape had it's granite club up and as it reached the lone warrior.....when the sound of trees exploding from the right announced the arrival of an IMMENSE hand made from tree roots. The hand ALONE made the ape look tiny as it grabbed it by an arm and hoisted the thing screeching like a horse into the air. Tyler looked up and blinked as a 45 foot tall man thing made from trees rumbled like groaning wood at the now PISSING itself in fear ape. The Forest Giant shook the ape viciously now rumbling at it intensely and Tyler blinked as it clicked. That ape fucked up their plan. Okay. The GIANTS are running this show. The warrior backed away slowly as the forest giant roared in evident anger at the ape before slamming it into the ground with enough force to shatter every bone in it's body. The Old man of the Forest died on impact and Tyler cut and ran for the village wall. The forest giant turn it's attention to him now with a scream like an elf as it swung a hand the size of a wagon made from trees at him. it was so large it was moving slower then it seemed to with the sound of creakling timbers accompanying it.
"Frozen Wastes!"
Tyler used the ice floor spell as the fist made contact with his back and the zero friction surface helped him absorb most of the collassal force packed into the blow and he was launched THROUGH the gate of the village and into the wagon they'd brought fo supplies. In total he'd flown a resounding 150 yards. Thankfully he wasn't THAT badly hurt as the forest giant reared to it's full 45 feet of height and screamed at the now despairing village before turning to walk through the forest. The crunching steps of it's foot roots echoed as the thing was lost to sight n a mere few minutes and Tyler pried himself from the shattered wagon with a grunt. Asia came over white faced as he dropped to a knee.
"Twilight Healing."
He smiled as she healed his broken leg.
"Thanks Asia."
She smiled and her shock lessened. Tyler reared tall.
"What are you all gawking for? Get that gate closed, and let's clean this mess. we can piss ourselves later."
The shaken group relaxed in the face of Tyler's undaunted spirit and they got to work. The warrior then had the leaders reconvene in the hall as the rest tried to get some sleep. Ingot had a grim expression on his face as he looked at Tyler.
"That was a Forest Giant. And an OLD ONE too."
Tyler sighed.
"The ape was to harry us and NOT GET CAUGHT. I pissed it off, and the giant, the TRUE LEADER, reacted. I think we can assume the goblin attack on the Station was another ploy."
The dwarven Ranger nodded with a sigh.
"Forest Giants HATE we of metal above all else. And this is a common ploy they use to drive us out. Enslave the local monster and predator populations and then use a stronger seeming creature to seem to lead the assault. All the while all of it's competition for food and space is killed."
"MAny birds one stone. We've taken out it's armies. AND it's general. We can assume there's only the one, Ingot?"
"Aye. Forest Giants reproduce with actual trees. HOW you don't wanna know.....okay that look in yer is creepin me out. They fuck em. With a FLESHY DICK. There ya happy?"
"Sure. It's a weakness we can use."
"Lad they be something wrong with you."
The warrior chuckled at that one as a fair few heroes that KNEW the obscure reference cringed. Then Tyler became serious.
"what level is that giant Ingot?"
"I'd put it at level 30 to 35."
"Okay. I'm a level 4, and the knights are level 25. Victoria?"
The knight captain sighed.
"I'm a level 30."
"even though you've killed a dragon?"
"It was a level 29 dragon. A VERY WEAK AND YOUNG ONE."
"Makes sense. Okay."
He sighed.
"Our plan hasn't changed. We HAVE to lure it into the firezone. Not even that thing can resist a serious burn. And since it's MADE from wood, it'll work the more."
Strand looked at Ingot.
"How do we lure it to the center of the burn Ingot?"
The dwarf sighed.
"They feed on trees. Good sized oak trees to be exact. The sap is like musk for certain animals."
Tyler smirked.
"There's a grove of some REALLY good sized oak trees in the burn grove."
Ingot blinked.
"Was there really?"
"Uh-huh."
"You MIGHT have found it's dinner table by accident. Did you notice massive dents in the dirt you thought were odd?"
Asuna perked up.
"I led that job myself. I did think it was odd how the trees were so neatly laid out."
Ingot chuckled.
"That be it. Forest Giants cultivate their own food trees like that. And we're gonna set it on fire."
TYler nodded.
"How good are their senses?"
"They slumber like actual trees until noon without fail EVERYDAY. They literally can't function without direct sunlight like actual trees."
"There's an idea. We have our mages cast a fog spell BEFORE we light the fire. The thicker the fog, the less it'll move, the more it'll burn."
Asuna smiled.
"We have a Fog Mistress actually."
"His name?"
"Prick. One of Erza's friends, Juvia, can use her ability. It's called Fogfield. it conjures a fog of blue whose thickness and missdirection effects stack based on her magic skill. She has a 3 digit magic skill."
"Good. HAve her get mysterious in the morning and I'll take our pyromancers to the first pile."
They nodded and Mina smiled.
"Your jokes still suck but we're with you."
Tyler smiled.
"Let's get some food and crash for the night. Tomorrow is going to be a SHITSHOW."
The heads nodded and they made a meal of baked raptor and bear washed down with some refreshing pear cordial. Tyler then went to his tent when a drop of some liquid hit him from the sky.
"Oh for FUCK'S SAKE. Seriously?"
A clap of thunder rang out overhead as a summer rainshower came down. Tyler just chuckled humorlessly as he laid in his protected tent.
"Man makes plan and god laughs. FUCK YOU. UGH. Thunder mages it will be."




THE BERSERKER AND THE GIANT TREE.
DAY 16.
MONDAY.
GOLD: 10,193.


Tyler woke the next morning alone in his tent and chuckled at the feeling.
"That's a queer feeling. Once upon a time I slept along 100% a the time. The ONE TIME in nearly three weeks I do, it feels freakin weird. Eh."
He got up and checked his Status Plate and sighed as he saw he was still just over halfway to 5. Then he walked out to find the thunderstorm still raging overhead. Raindrops the size of freakin coins were BOUNCING off the dirt as he walked into the longhall. Asuna smiled without hunor as he walked over.
"Are you as surprised as I am?"
"Nope."
"Good. So we're on the same page."
He got his mug of coffee as he sat beside her at the Table.
"Any sign it'll pass soon?"
Bjorn shook his massive head.
"None. Storms up here last for WEEKS."
"Yeah we don't have that kinda time. The longer we wait, the longer it has to replenish it's forces or something ELSE to go wrong. Okay. We're switiching elements. we'll try the forest to go with fire, and use the thunder mages to electricute that thing."
Ingot smirked.
"It'll be next to helpless for the time being as Fores Giants LOVE rhunderstorms. it's their version of a shower. And since the sun they depend on isn't touching em, it'll be VERY slow."
"Alright let's get this done."
The Heroes geared up for a hard fight with Tyler using an ice spell to sharpen his ice enchanted sword. Then they were moving through the tripping forest as thunder bellowed overhead. Ingot was beside the warrior as they moved through the trees as silently as the still novices-they-were Heroes could. Tyler noted the forest floor wasn't as soaked as he thought it would be as they went and chuckled.
"I forgot how much of a rainshield the canopy can be."
Ingot chuckled as well as tey moved.
"Ya be a rookie yet LAddee."
Asuna came up beside them then.
"We're nearly there. Thunder mages in position, and pyromancers ready."
"Alright. wait for the scream and go from there."
"Right. You be careful."
"Ha. YOU watch THEIR ass."
She smirked at that one as the group split. Tyler took the 25 or so fire mages with him as Asuna brought the 30 thunder mages. The rest would use an enchanted flame to fire arrows into the giant from a distance in a three pronged assault. Tylr noted Rias was with them but the redhead didn't say a thing to him and instead merely moved further away. He shrugged internally as he focused ont he task at hand. The fire brigade reached the outskirts of a massive grove of oak trees laid out in clear rows with dozens of dents from trees being torn up and the giant walking around between them. Tyler walked over to the burn pile that stretched into the distance.
"Alright. If it's NOT in the grove it'll come RUNNING to save it. watch your asses, and we'll be fine."
"We know, can we just get this going?"
He rounded on Rias, the one that had spoken with a FURY.
"NOT. NOW. Focus. Or get knocked the fuck out. Are we clear?"
She glared at him and looked away without replying...and the greatsword appeared before her eyes.
"ARE. WE. CLEAR?"
"YES SIR."
"Good."
He turned from the hatefully glaring at him redhead to the pile. He let out a deep breath as he banished all other thoughts from his mind to concentrate on the task at hand.
"All of you spread out along the line ten feet apart. I'll set it off, and keep up the chain reaction. Once the flames are good, head to the second burn line and set that off too."
They nodded and moved along the line.
"I thought we were friends."
"NOT. NOW. Argue later."
Rias' beneath the breath condemnation was met by his ice cold shutdown as she passed and the redhead shivered a little as he didn't even GLANCE in her direction. Tyler looked at the groove and smiled as he thought of Seria.
"I'll see you soon, Seria."
His heart aflame with the thought of his beloved princess, Tyler lifted his sword.
"FIRESTORM!"
His flame tornade exploded into being along the pile of pinecones, branches, leaves, dead bark and twigs. INSTANTLY an elk's bellow of panic was heard from BEHIND him and the ground started shaking rather VIOLENTLY as the Forest Giant raced to protect it's cherished oaks. Along the line more and more such fire spells broke out as the 45 foot tall tree monster came hurtling from the trees like a cannonball of destruction. it saw the flames now fighting to catch with a dripping frame and screamed as it grabbed a willow tree by the trunk with the intent to use it as a makeshift fan...
"NOW! THUNDERFIELD!"
Only for a mass of lightning bolts cast by the army to slam into it's soaking body. It screamed as it's entire frame was encased in eletricity and arcs of lightning enhanced by the storm it stood in. Tyler smirked as the thing's face, which was more like a mass of gouges in the trunk, landed above him as it dropped to a knee under the weight of the barrage.
"Hiya! remember me? FIRESTORM."
The spell was cast in the middle of it's beloved oak groove as the second burn line went up and the Forest Giant had anger driving it's weakened limbs now. Tyler was moving into the oak grove and the Giant forced it's body to give chase. The wily warrior hid behind a large oak trunk as the nearly 10 foot wide mound of roots that served as the giant's foot slammed beside him and nearly made him drop from the shaking ground on impact. The giant swung it's other leg to take the next step as it sought to find the insolent little maggot that had dared harm it's oaks.
"FIRESTORM!"
The spell targeted it's foot and the giant recoiled in pain, tripped on an oak in the tight confines of the grove and fell with an earthshaking slam into the burning pile of kindling. There was a massive woosh from the flames as the sap rich Forest Giant impacted and the sparks from the flames started landing on it's body. There was a mass of steam clouds rising into the sky alomng with oily smoke from the fires and Tyler smiled as the giant started thrashing while screaming.
"FLAMES NOW! FIRESTORM!"
He wobbled a little as he cast the latest firestorm and found his mana had been depleted for this fight. Tyler nodded as he found this out while the giant was encased in small gouts of flames trying to get a proper hold. The thing was thrashing like a toddler having a fit on the ground and the sounds of snapping trees and it's screams echoed off the mountain peaks surrounding them like spectators to this life or death struggle and Tyler had his greatsword out as he rushed the nearest limb of the thrashing beast.
"DARK SACRALANT!"
he hit the giant with his Soulkiller ability and the giant screamed as it sliced a hefty portion of it's lifeforce away....but DIDN'T kill it outright. The thing shuddered as it's right arm was severed entirely instead and Tyler frowned at this proof before a branch caught him in the chest and he was flung through the air a good hundred feet high. He hit the ground with a slam and grunted as something snapped inside his body. The wounded warrior bounced but was on his feet the next instant ready to continue battle...only to find his leg had snapped on impact and he couldn't move it. He sighed and used the grapples to swing through the air to reach the giant as it forced itself off the dirt. The rest of the heroes had run out of mana from the repeated high level casting and had to recover. Tyler had a grapple in the wooden frame of the now off balance giant and was swinging to get onto the back of it's neck section as it flailed it's remaining limb. On the ground the flames were out and there was a long scar in the woodland from the attempted burn but no flame. Tyler had a look of determined anger on his face as he avoided the swinging limb to land on it's neck and he used another ability.
"MIGHTY BLOW!"
This enhanced the cutting and force of a two handed weapon and Tyler slammed the weapon into the wooden timbers of the flipping out giant. The sword cut deeply into the wood, and the giant screamed at the feeling before it threw him off before he could attack it again and Tyler had to swng away.
"This isn't GOING ANYWHERE!"
He growled in frustration as he landed on another tree and felt a bolt of pain from his broken leg but ignored it to swing at the one armed giant as it hefted a length of rowan as a club and swung at the hero as a cloud of ability enchanced arrows from the heroes slammed into the thing's trunk. The shafts embedded in the wood and Tyler threw himself into a slash.
"TEMPEST!"
The slash hit the limb of the giant and bit into the wood but did nothing else of note before the giant gave a lunge and flicked Tyler across the chest with a sharper branch that served as a finger and it tore RIGHT through both sets of mail. His blood flowed and he impacted on the dirt 45 feet down with enough force he felt several ribs turn to powder inside his body along with a vertebrae or two. Tyler nearly blacked out from the intense pain but for an image of Seria weeping over a coffin with his sword on it to surge through his mind and he rose to his feet with a reddening gaze and he bellowed at the giant as it slammed a tree into the mass of other heroes and the wounding was great.
"'GET OVER HERE!"
The grapple was fired into the tree's foot and Tyler wrapped it around an oak in the grove and whent eh giant went to move, the steel cable sliced the trunk of the oak clean in half. This new horror inspired the Giant to rush to the fallen tree and drop to a knee as it craddled the dying tree to it's chest. Tyler leapt up the back of it's spine out of his mind with rage at the image he'd seen and bellowed as he swung the sword into the damaged wood of the giant's neck. Mighty Blow's cooldown ended, and he stacked a few abilities now.
"TEMPEST, MIGHTY BLOW, GHOST CUT!"
the sword sliced clean through half the giant's neck this time and the berserker roared as he tore the sword free from the recoiling monster as it slapped at the back of it's neck and Tyler placed the tip of the sword on the remaining section of solid wood where a spinal cord would be.
"ADAMANTIUM SKIN!"
The hand impacted on his back and the force sent the sword piercing through it's neck....and the tube of wood that DID serve as a spinal cord. The giant went limp and the hand fell away from it's neck. The thing fell to the ground with a slam and the battered heroes rushed to the spot it had slapped....only to gasp in horror at the sight that beheld them.
Tyler had been impaled by the hilt of his own sword through the middle and the thing had been shoved clean into the giant's neck like a nail. The warrior was unmoving as he hung there pinned to the giant's neck like a certain religious figure on a bit of wood. Rias gasped at this and started tearing up as Asuna dropped to her knees.
"No. NOt like that."
Kirito had a new look of helpless rage as he saw the dead berserker nailed to a giant.
"HE had to CARRY that fight. we had TWO WEEKS grind and we couldn't even HELP him. Not again."
"Ummm, sorry to interrupt your pity party, BUUUUT my skill is about to run out annnnd I don't wanna die like this."
They looked up at he exasperated voice to see a VERY weak and exhausted Tyler smirking tiredly at them.
"Hiya. Can someone unnail me please?"
Rias pounced on the badly hurt warrior for a hug as Asuna ROARED at the heroes to get the man unstuck. Tyler smiled as Rias nearly STRANGLED him with her hug.
"Rias? I appreciate it, I REALLY do, but can you wait on the warm and fuzzies until AFTER I'm not nearly dying from my own sword?"
She smiled with tears in her eyes.
"I think I can. So long as YOU don't die up here."
"Well hurry up if ya dare!"
She laughed as the heroes broke out axes and Asia and Yoshkia cast their most powerful healing spells to keep him conscious while they extracted him from the giant's neck. A grueling task that took fifteen long minutes and when he could move his arms he tore the hilt from his body and the healers poured healing potions onto his horrific wounds until they closed and his hurts stopped hurting and were merely sore. Tyler smiled tiredly as he retrieved his sword and found the thing bent nearly in half.
"Well that sucks. Okay, who else is hurt?"
Asuna reported with a tiredness.
"Most of us were. A few life threatening injuries were healed and we lost 15 of the knights brought with us in this fight."
"Shit. The giant's dead. That's a victory and the village is safe-"
"Well, YOU'RE a sorry bunch."
A man with darker skin appeared from behind the giant's foot and Tyler smirked as he pulled his lance to face this new visitor.
"Well we just killed a giant. Kinda had it rough."
The man chuckled as the group tensed for another fight. This newcomer was the same height as Tyler with darker skin and a very slender frame that almost seemed delicate. He had dark marroon hair and bright red eyes. THe man's attire was a black and red tunic and pants while his boots were clean. when he spoke, his teeth were clean and he had an oily tenor. Then Tyler noted the tips of his ears were tipped like spears and he smirked.
"So YOU'RE a Draken? Huh."
The Dark elf smirked at this recognition.
"So YOU'RE Lord Berserker? A mere BOY with a sword FAR too big for him and an ego to match. Such a shame."
"Is THAT what she said to you? Ouch. Explains the Stallion's Boost."
The man had a vein bulge at this sweetly voiced taunt.
"So you're a master taunter too. How droll."
"Least I don't look like THAT."
Tyler made a gesture with a hand to the Dark Elf's attire and he smirked.
"Insults will get you nowhere. Now then. Surrender. You are in NO fit shape to fight."
"Ha. Idiot. You REALLLY think I didn't anticipate this?"
The Dark Elf smirked at this CLEAR bluff.
"Oh I am so sorry. Go on. Spring your trap."
"Okay."
Tyler retracted his grapple cable he'd used to tie the giant's leg to the oak and it came FLYING out of the woods to trip the Dark elf as he was caught COMPLETELY by surprise by there ACTUALLY being a trap. Tyler pinned him to the dirt with a chuckle.
"Ya see, in a game of chess the goal is NOT to capture the enemy king, but to make the king you're own. And that can in a number of manners."
The elf had a look of fury as he laid there pinned with the lance tip on his chet.
"HOW did you think that far out? and more importantly, WHEN? it's like-"
"Prediciting the future right? To quote a friend a mine, one of Humanity;s greatest strengths is they are weak. we're born into this world with nothing. And so, we have the power to do ANYTHING. Since we ARE weak, we need to make our tools to win our wars. We CAN predict the future. we CAN win this war."
Tyler stabbed the elf in the chest.
"Because we predict the future just to survive. And now I make my prediciton: YOU will BURN in hell ALONG with every other fuck that dares to stand between me and my wife."
The elf died with a gurgle and Tyler made sure to sever the head with the edge of his shield JUST to be sure. Sora smiled from his spot by Shiro.
"He paraphased the hell outta that, but DAMN DUDE."
"I can't tell you how long I've wanted to pull that on somebody."
"HA."
Asuna came up now to inspect the corpse.
"So THAT'S a Dark Elf. His demeanor fills in a lot of blanks."
Tyler nodded as he leaned on his lance.
"it does. And he had a sight sharing spell."
"Of course he did."
"Yup. For now there's nothing we can do about it. Let's clear the fire line and sure there's no flareups. The we report to the Queen. THIS was FAR bigger then we know."
The heads nodded and the tired heroes and their ranger friends made the far more ardorous trip to the village. Tyler having to limp on his lance, as even though the best healers in the Company had healed him, he was still bone tired from the extremely grueling battle. Bjorn was waiting with the rest of the villagers for their return and they sighed with relief as they returned alive. Tyler smiled tiredly as the bigger man lent a shoulder.
"Thanks Bjorn."
"LAd you have saved my village. This is nothing but a courtesy for a returning warrior."
"Ha. Appreciated."
They returned to the longhall where the orb was placed on the Table and the queen summoned. She appeared with a smirk that instantly died as she saw the battered states of the heroes and the rents in Tyler's armor and jacket.
"I will seal my chamber."
They waited patiently for the Queen to secure the room and Seria appeared int eh ball all worry and Tyler smiled wryly.
"I got my ass handed to me by a giant tree. it's okay. I still won."
She smiled with relief at this.
"Of course you did. Are you okay?"
"Tired and SORE, but yeah. You okay?"
"I am now."
He smiled.
"I'll summon you later."
"Better!"
"My gods are you too cute sometimes."
Asuna sighed with a smile.
"FLIRT LATER. we have a REPORT to make."
The pair chuckled and Tyler refocused.
"Okay. This is gonna take a bit."
He explained the entire plan and interactions with the monsters from the day prior. Seria listening with rapt attention when he told of how he led the fight on every occasion and the she had a look of horror as she heard of his final plan to bring the Forest Giant down.
"Since I found a tube in it's neck like a spinal cord, all I had to do was BAIT the idiot into SLAPPPING it. Well, it worked. And my Admantium Skin ability prevented me from getting sawn in half, but it DID ruin my sword."
Ingot chuckled from his spot at the Table.
"I can fix it in fifteen minutes, laddee."
"A dwarf at a forge."
"Ain't none better for it!"
Tyler chuckled at that one before he regained his train of thought.
"The3 giant fell, everyone flipped out and a few made a couple speeches. I'm not dead yet you idiots. So, we were wrapping up...when the mastermind shows up."
He retold the tale of the Draken.
"I FIGURED there was a puppet out there somewhere so I left the cable for my gauntlet in the tree. was why I got impaled i the first place as i had to make sure it was in the proper position. It worked and the idiot never saw it coming. So yeah. We have encountered a Draken."
Mylissia let out a long, slow breath as she digested the wealth of information.
"The coal mines, the village, the FOREST GIANT. A classic ploy to disrupt supplylines and cut off the sides of the Black Mountains from each other. This one was their closest yet."
Tyler nodded as he took a drink from a mug of ale.
"You HAVE to better the trade route villages Mylissia. They got close this time."
She nodded gravely.
"I'll dispatch more troops to these outpots at once. The Draken's corpse, was it searched?"
Asuna nodded.
"It was. All we foudn was this."
She slid a broach into view with a symbol on it's face; a pair of snakes intertwining while climbing a pole. Mylissia sighed as she saw it.
"The broach of the Draken Sapper divison. The Asps. They're the very best at disrupting trade routes and sabotaging secluded areas. They work in singles however so their losses do not effect their homeland. they go in EXPECTING to fail."
Tyler looked at her.
"We'll continue with our planned trip to Dunkrick and that dungeon. Then go from there."
Victoria nodded.
"I agree with this plan, Sire. Did you level up in that fight?"
"I did. I'm level 6 now. Just BARELY pased level 6. Anyone else?"
Asuna nodded.
"ALL of us have reached level 2. Sanya hit 3, Kirito 4. Belfast is in the cusp of three."
"Alright. I'll do my numbers with Seria."
The princess beamed at that shoutout and Tyler looked at his redheaded second.
"Today and tomorrow are recover days. that giant has material we can use for the comapny and same with the dead Old man."
Bjorn smiled.
"Our village is open to you, Lord Berserker. we owe you everything."
"We'll claim the giant, a few dozen raptors, the bear pelt, the old man, and we'll call it square."
"Aye. We will discuss the material with your second and Quartermaster."
"Alright. Everyone get fed and pass the fuck out. We gotta lot a work ahead a us. Seria, I'll see you in 15 minutes."
"i'm counting."
He smiled and went to take a VERY deep bath. he groaned at the feeling of the relaxing water running over his body and the myriad of new scars the fight had given him. Across his chest were long lines from whre the claws of the raptors had torn into him, on his side was a nearly three inch waide scar from the sword impaling him, on his back were dozens of lines from the giant and on his chest were dozens more besides. He felt weak and utterly devoid of his strength as he cleaned up and went to his tent.
"Night's Longing."
Seria arose from the ground and pounced on her tired fiance with a tight hug.
"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine. EXHAUSTED, but fine."
She smiled with relief and he held her tightly.
"I'm not going down that easily."
"I know. I have faith in you, my Husband."
He shivered with joy at that and she smiled happily at him as he got comfy beside her.
"And I'll make a recording of that battle for us in later years."
"Ha. I'll be sure to get you some good ones then."
She beamed and he produced his Status Plate
"Level 6. And I have 100 points even to place. I had 70 Strength, 200 Defense, 250 Stamina, 300 Vitality, 25 Dexterity, 25 Agility, 500 Intelligence, 25 Mana, 25 Magic, 25 Magic defense. Hmm. My defense is still solid. I'll put 25 into strength. 95 Strength now. I'll then put ten into Agility, Dexterity, Mana, Magic, Magic defense. That gives me 35 Agility, 35 Dexterity, 35 Magic defense, 35 Mana. I have 45 points left. I'll put 5 more into strength for 100 even. So 40. Another 10 into the bunch. So 45 Agility, 45 Magic, 45 Mana, 45 Magical defense. Alright. I have 100 Strength, 200 defense, 250 Stamina, 300 Vitality, 45 Agility, 45 Mana, 45 Dexterity, 45 Magical Defense, 500 Intelligence and 45 Magic. Not bad for a deathmatch."
He closed his plate and Seria smiled expectantly at him. He smiled and laid beside her and the princess rested her head on his chest as he relaxed.
"Good night, Tyler. I love you."
"Good night, Seria. i love you too. Sorry for scaring you."
"I wasn't scared. You're my hero!"



OW.
DAY 18.
WEDNSDAY.
GOLD: 10,193.


Tyler slept for two solid days and when he woke up he saw Seria was gone and had been replaced with Asia. That made him blink as the sweet and VERY warm blonde was literally asleep in her exact spot on his chest and he smiled as he realized. AND felt just how SORE his body was. OW. He patted the sleepinh blonde and she woke with a cat like yawn and stretch.
"Morning! Seria flagged me down from the tent when you didn't wake up yesterday and I told her you were just that done. She laughed and asked me to keep an eye on you."
He smiled.
"Thanks Asia."
"Sure! She's sweet!"
"That she is. Anything interesting happen while I was out?"
She thought for a moment and he noted she was naked as they cuddled.
"Hmm, the Queen's reinforcements arrived and have the village secured. The giant was butchered and the stuff will be collected by an airship as it weighs that much after we leave, Issei was beaten with a club for getting caught outside the bath house window, and Asuna has him tied to the wagon, and yeah i think that's about it."
He hugged her.
"Thanks for the company."
"sure!"
"Hot blonde recharge."
"Yup!"
She glowed at the praise.
"Glowball."
"fuck you."
"Cute."
She giggled and they got dressed. Only for Tyler to smile as he found his coat had been repaired with bright blue material matching Seria's hair. Asia smiled as she noticed.
"She used a spell and that's her own hair. Don't worry. It's a transmute spell used in seamstress shops."
"Phew. I love her hair."
"Me too! I think I'll get blue highlights or something. Dunno."
"Like Xenovia?"
"Yup! I LOVE HER HAIR too!"
He patted her as he got dressed.
"Stay sweet Asia."
"Stay badass, Tyler."
"Always."
They left the tent and Tyler spotted Asuna nearly instantly getting a report from some of the Company by their repaired wagon. The redhead resplendant in her usual armor and she smiled as Tyler walked over.
"Oh good. You're back with the living."
"Not sure if that's a good thing or not. How we looking?"
She passed him a clipboard.
"The giant's been secured, it's grove was claimed by the village as a source of VERY good wood, and we got the supplies set."
"Any new levels?"
"None. We've been busy on rest and recover for the last two days. That said? We can ride out by noon."
"I'm at less then half strength for the time being as I HURT like HELL. We'll take it easy on the ride."
"we're also low on potions and healing supplies. I have Yoshkia and Strand leading a foraging party in the forest. Herbs, useful plants, and ingridents are the targets."
"Good. They'll have plenty when they get back. What's this about Issei getting caught?"
She sighed.
"He's been caught peeping outside the ladies' bath house. And was BEATEN by Bjorn and Ingot for an hour before I had him tied to the roof of the wagon."
"Alright. That's his LAST WARNING. he pulls that again, castrate him."
A yell of horror was heard fromt he roof and Asuna smiled wickedly.
"Kirito nearly killed him. I was going in. We'll keep that one in mind."
"YOU don't I WILL."
"Ha. Noted. If we hold our previous pace we'll reach Dunkrick in a mere three days."
"We'll say four. We're in NO CONDITION to rush right now."
"Agreed. That's all I got."
"Alright. 15 dead right?"
"20 actually. five died of their wounds before we could save them."
"Damn. Alright. We WILL get stronger."
"Oh we will. AND expand our bags of tricks."
Tyler smiled at that determination before he was reminded of something by his rumbling gut. Asuna chuckled.
"Breakfast is ready in the hall. Be warned. Belfast was on duty."
"HA. Thanks Asuna."
The still tired warrior went into the hall where he spotted Belfast's silver hair in the cafeteria style kitchen and waved. she smiled warmly as he took a seat and came over with a meal for the pair.
"I am relieved you are awake, Tyler."
He smiled as they ate together.
"I guess I was DONE then I thought."
She nodded with a fond smile.
"That was the most harrowing encounter I have had. Even Unicorn took wounds during the skirmish."
"She okay?"
"Fine with a few new scars on her legs she is VERY proud of. She looks adorable though."
"She's Unicorn. In your show that was her gimmick. PURRRRE cute and aww."
Belfast smiled at this revelation before she refocused.
"The Princess?"
"was scared, but had faith in me."
"That was a VERY close call for you. You know what I want to say."
"Place more value on my own life."
"Indeed. I WANT TO SAY THAT, but then I remembered the plan you had laid. Self-sacrifice IS honorable and noble. So long as there is a PURPOSE behind the sacrifice."
"I'm not gonna kill myself like that Belfast."
She smiled.
"no. I do not believe you will. INTENTIONALLY that is."
"fair enough. So what's the big sitch?"
She leaned in his ear.
"Lady Rias has been MOST depressed these last two days. I would suggest you speak to her."
"As a friend."
"Indeed. She is by the rim of the road."
"Sure thing, Belfast."
She smiled and they finished up. Tyler walked out with his lance as a walking stick when Ingot appeared from another hall and laughed as he spotted the warrior.
"Mornin young un! Hurts somethin FIERCE don't it?"
"Ha. That it does, Ingot."
The pair clasped arms and Ingot chuckled goodnaturedly.
"LAdde that was a fine battle an no mistake. YOU be a right crazy bastard too!"
"It's why it worked."
"Ha. The be truth. And your swords fixed. Don't say it rookie."
"Sure thing, Ingot."
Tyler hung the repaired azurite greatsword on his back and smiled with a minor relief.
"MUCH BETTER."
Ingot slapped him on the back with a surprising strength.
"Ya got FIRE rookie. Yer gonna go far kid."
The fiery dwarf wandered off and Tyler headed to find Rias with a dwarven handprint on his back. NOW I'm wondering if they hammer metal with their bare hands! The sore warrior walked to the village gate where he spotted Rias' unmistakable blood red hair by an open section of trees that let her look out over the landscape. She sighed as he walked up.
"Alright. Who ratted me out?"
He smiled at her mildly exasperated voice as he sat down.
"Three guesses."
"Belfast?"
"First attempt."
She sighed with a smile and Tyler noted she had tear trails on her face and she saw he saw.
"Don't worry about it."
She wiped her eyes and he patted her on the back. The redhead glared at him.
"Are we friends or not?"
"We are."
"So care to explain why you've been AVOIDING ME the last five days?"
He blinked at this accusation.
"Avoiding you?"
She had fire in her eyes at his confusion.
"Yes. AVOIDING ME. his is the first time we've had a talk without you snapping at me in four days. What the hell is your problem?"
"Okay. One. I was NOT avoiding you. We were busy dealing with unknown armies in the fuckin forest. OUT of YOUR wheelhouse."
"Yet you took Akeno?"
"HEr thunder is more useful in tight spaces then YOUR powerful flames. YOU need open space to cast or you'll kill somebody you don't want to. YOU have more experience then she does. She SHE needs the PRACTICE. YOU I CAN TRUST TO LEAD in a PINCH. SHE is better as BACKUP."
Rias hugged herself at this VERY justified reasons.
"And the snaps?"
"Unintentional except for before the fight. I get intense in case you haven't noticed. And we will not air out our dirty laundry before a fight like that."
She shivered at that reminder and he patted her.
"We're best friends Rias. I promise you that."
"You haven't forgotten me?"
"Oh gods no."
She smiled in utter relief at this and he smiled at her.
"Now what is this REALLY about?"
The redhead sighed and rested her head on his shoulder and he stroked her long blood red hair.
"I guess I was just lonely. I still want you and yet that means nothing to you."
"It DOES mean something. Seriously. I have RIAS GREMORY trying to be my girlfriend. I STILL have a hard time believing that."
She chuckled at that geninue confession.
"And you're still gonna fight me on the harem?"
"Yup."
"Ugh. you're exhausting."
"HA. So. WHAT is the REAL problem here, Rias?"
"Can we spend some time together? LIke we did in the palace before you chose the princess?"
"Sure thing. Hey."
She looked at him curiously and he pulled an enchanted chessboard out from his pack. Rias smiled sheepishly at this proof.
"You never forgot."
"I could never forget YOU Rias."
She smiled as he put the board back.
"We'll play later. And...try not to have that happen again, okay?"
"I'll try to. But we all know how that goes."
She hugged him at that and he held her warmly for a moment.
"Sorry."
"You're fine."
She smiled at this layered reassurence before she smirked at the petting.
"So THIS is what it feels like?"
"We're having a moment. DON'T ruin it."
"Hey. NO stealing my lines!"
"Ugh."
"fuckin hell this is a weird role reversal!"
Tyler chuckled at her irritation before they seperated and the warrior looked out over the valley with her. The view being of a wall of forests on the next mountain and Rias smiled.
"Thanks."
"every time."
She looked at the scene with a warm smile.
"Remember, it's Demonic Chariot."
The redhead chuckled as he rose.
"I'll remember next time."
"See ya later Rias. we're riding out at noon."
She smiled...and he patted her like he did Asia.
"I am going to hurt you."
He left her good and pissed but feeling better.
Tyler returned to the village where Asuna was talking with Strand by the wagon. The elven RAnger smiled as he approached.
"I am glad you are feeling better Tyler."
"Thanks Strand. What's the word?"
She smiled and Asuna answered.
"They returned to one of the Ranger's hideyholes for healing supplies. We've bee gifted a full complment for aiding them."
Tyler smiled.
"Thanks Strand."
She smiled warmly at him.
"Not at all Lord Berserker. And I have news."
"Sure."
"I have decided to stay on with the Heroes Company as your Ranger. I find traveling with you most exciting and my skills would only be a benefit."
Tyler smiled widely at this news.
"We'll be happy to have you Strand. Welcome to the mess."
She clasped arms with the leader.
"A most WELCOME mess indeed."
Asuna sighed.
"That BETTER NOT become a thing for us."
"Better an me calling it a shitshow."
"UGH."
They chuckled and Tyler went over to where the mountain that was Bjorn was speaking with Erza about something. The village chieftain smiled as Tyler approached.
"Lord Berserker. My village is safe. All thanks to your Company."
"we'll be leaving at noon."
"I see. We will reinforce our home and the queen has already made good on her oath for added defenses. The men sent to aid you in battle are now stationed here as defenders. Ingot has also pledged to aid in the construction of our fortifications."
"Alright. I think that's everything."
Erza looked at him.
"Are you fit to ride?"
"At full gallop? Not really. Can I handle a day's trip? I should be able to."
"Just be careful not to overdo it."
"THAT is a WEIRD LINE coming from YOU Tatiana."
"Ha."
Tyler looked around at the ready for mounting Horses and Heroes also ready to mount up.
"Alright people. Let's get moving."
The friends smiled as they mounted up. Tyler swung up onto Shadow and the massive morbol nickered and he patted him.
"I know. You're bored."
Asuna came up with a smiling Rias, Belfast, Victoria, Strand, Sora and Shiro, and Mina for the leader's council.
"We're ready. All supplies accounted for and all heads too."
"Alright. Heroes Company, MOVE OUT."
They left the village to a mass of cheers from the newly stationed garrison and villagers at the heroes' departure. Tyler opened the map as they rode along the level and straight path. Strand pointed the road ahead on the thing.
"Here we take this right and it's a straight shot to Dunkrick."
"We'll cross the mountains?"
"We will. And for a day it will get mighty cold up here. I remember your tales. You might shiver."
"Ha. four days to Dunkrick. And the forest will be VERY quiet after that battle and fire."
Strand nodded as she looked at him.
"The predators will be on edge and the prey will flee. We will be able to travel in peace."
"I HOPE so. I don't really have the strength for another giant right now."
They chuckled at that one as Asuna looked at him.
"You didn't get a title or a perk?"
He frowned and looked at the Status Plate where Strand pointed to an arrow icon.
"There."
He scrolled to the next screen and he smiled.
"I have two perks."
Rias smirked.
"Read em off tough guy."
"One is Enraged PAsson. A buff ability that is for my rages. When i go into a rage fueled by my desire to return to Seria, my stats are boosted by 25 while the rage lasts. when it ends, I'm more tired then usual. Then I have the perk of Stupidly Tough. Literally what it says. It's a permanment boost of 35 to my defense. I have 235 defense. And Asuna? THIS one is awarded for making a suicidal plan SUCCEED AND LIVE TO TELL THE TALE."
"OOOH kmy ACHING head. teh FIRST?"
"Ehh self-explainitory. I got it for using my will to see Seria again to fuel my rage."
Strand smiled.
"This is the perk screen. The next is the title."
He scrolled and sighed.
"Empty. I would have thought killing the giant would have given me the Giantslayer title."
The brown haired Ranger chuckled as she explained.
"You have to kill ten Giants for that one. ONE dragon for dragonslayer."
"Makes sense."
They chuckled at that one as they rode along a straight yet flat road. Tyler noting they were approaching one of the peaks headon and Strand pointed out another slender line looping up the mountain.
"That's the road."
"Great. ANOTHER snakeback."
"THise road is quite fond of them."
The friends kept a warm pace as they went while not in any hurry. Tyler would figet every now and then as his soreness made riding an ordeal but he kept quiet on his hurts. The snakeback was ascended without issue and the group made good time that day. They made camp in a small bowl cut into the forest that looked susipiciously like artillery fire from modern weaponry had created it and Tyler smiled as he pitched his tent by the entrance. All around them were sloping walls of moss the Company had investigated to make sure it WAS solid while topping the rim was the forest itself. Tyler chuckled as he remarked to Belfast while the pair built the Company's fire.
"This is either a crater from artillery or a metorite."
The silver haired lady had a smile as she laid the logs in the pyre.
"A very impressive artillery piece if it is war caused."
"Nifgty campsite though."
"Very."
The camp was situated and Tyler settled by his tent for some relaxing. Rias appeared like magic and smiled.
"The board."
He chuckled at that as he slid the thing from his pack.
"I think it's been too long."
"It has indeed."
They pressed their thumbs to the buttons to conjure their pieces and Tyler was the king on his side with Seria the queen. Rias was the right hand bishop beside the king and the rest of his pieces were their different friends. Rias smiled as she was the queen and he was her king. The sight made him smile warmly and she was quick.
"I know. It's my dream."
"Alright. I won't say anything."
She sighed with a minor relief at this and the game was on. Shiro appeared then and smirked as she saw the war being waged.
"I play winner."
Tyler smiled at this interesting development.
"Okay. Stakes."
Rias smirked as she took her turn.
"She's that good huh?"
"Yup. Always wondered what would happen if YOU TWO collided on the chessboard,"
Shiro smiled.
"Chess is no different, then simply playing tic-tak-toe."
Rias whistled at that one as pieces fell.
"Okay. THAT was intense."
Tyler wound up winning with a four way checkmate and Rias sighed with a smile as Shiro took her spot across from him now.
"I got her next."
Shiro pressed the button and HER king was Tyler and she was the queen while Sora was a mere pawn. A SINGLE pawn and Tyler patted her fondly.
"Hilarious Shiro."
She smiled sweetly.
"He knows his place."
"Ha."
His pieces were the same but with her as a rook on his right. That made her happy as the game was on. Rias watched as the war between Tyler and Shiro on the chessboard had a VERY intense aura as the pair moved pieces and took pieces. It ultimately ended in a tie between kings and Shiro slumped at this.
"You're not human."
He chuckled at her exhausted voice.
"You're not allowed to quit when you're ahead, Shiro."
She smiled.
"Niether are you."
"HA."
Rias smiled.
"MY turn Shiro."
"Tomorrow. He took a lot out of me."
"Hey. watch how you said that."
She looked at him curiously.
"It's true."
"Shiro I will set you on fire if you keep talking like that. DO NOT TEST ME."
His eyes and his voice were ICE COLD and BOTH ladies gulped at the VERY REAL death threat. Shiro was shaking like a leaf in a hurricane as she looked into his reddening eyes.
"Sorry! I won't say that again!"
"There will not be a third warning."
She nodded with HUGE eyes and Rias sighed.
"Seria."
"Will NOT be shamed because of something someone said."
Rias smiled at this as Shiro let out a huge breath of relaxing.
"PHEW. You're scary when pissed."
"ha."
She rested her head on his lap and got comfy. He looked at this intrusion and she smiled.
"Meow."
He smirked at the insane cuteness and Rias whistled.
"Damn Shiro. An here I thought ASIA was the queen of cute."
A faint,
"HEEEEEY!"
Was heard in their blonde friend's voice and Tyler chuckled as he patted the snuggling Shiro.
"Asia's a blonde. She wins by default."
"Thank you!"
They chuckled at Asia's far off smugness and Tyler sighed as he missed Seria again. Rias smiled as she saw it.
"Don't get clingy."
He chuckled at THAT dark warning.
"I'll try not to, Rias."
Shiro softly slumbered in his lap and had nothing more to offer then that. The comapny fed well on raptor meat and some pear cordial. Tyler was on first watch and when his time came he deposited the sleeping Shiro in his tent and took his place with hie greatsword in the Statue Of armor pose.
"Hallowed Ground."
His defense spell tpok effect and he smiled as he waited for his watch to pass. Kirito was his relief and the boy in black chuckled as Tyler looked at him.
"I've met gargoyles less freaky."
"Ha. That be the point."
The warrior returned to his tent where he found Shiro asleep with the blanket of the thing. He laid beside her and she snuggled RIGHT up against him and he chuckled at the warm and cuddly girl.
"Night Shiro."
"Night my King."
"Ha."



LESS OW, BUT STILL PLENTY OF OW.
DAY 19.
THURSDAY.
GOLD: 10,193


Tyler woke to the feeling of an incredibly warm and tiny girl curled into a ball in his body curve. Opening his eyes he was faced with Shiro asleep beside him in the bedroll. Her long silver hair covering her like a blanket and her hand firmly clutching his own like a child and her plushie. Tyler smiled as he stroked her soft silver hair and she woke with a yawn.
"Morning!"
"Morning Plushie."
"Hey."
He chuckled at her visible irritation and hugged her tighter before they rose. Shiro had a happy smile as they walked out.....only for Tyler to groan as he saw the IMMENSELY thick and dense fog covering the area.
"ooooh PERFECT."
The fog was so thick he couldn't even see the next tent from his own....which HAPPENED to be Akeno's. Shiro sighed as the fog added a muggy, humid feel to her hair.
"My HAIR."
"LAdy, we're close to 6,000 feet off the ground with a CLIFF just outside our camp. This is just ASKING for soem idiot to fall."
"Bully."
He patted her and she blushed.
"Meanie."
"Ha."
Strand appeared from the fog with an irritated expression.
"The leaders have found the Table."
"Ha. Let's not get lost."
The elf guided him through the thick fog as Shiro was left at his tent for safety. Tyler whistled as the swirling mists made it so he couldn't even see Strand nearly RIGHT beside him!
"Okay we are not going ANYWHERE today, Strand."
"No we are NOT, Tyler. These fogs up here are impenetrable. And people get HOPELESSLY lost in them daily."
"Aside from the fact they fall off cliffs."
"That too."
They found the Table at the center of the camp and Asuna had a look of frustration on her face as Tyler appeared.
"I couldn't tell who that was at ten paces. we're stuck here for the day."
He nodded.
"Juvia's a mist mistress. She do anything?"
Mina's voice was heard across the table.
"She tried and was able to make a hole 5 feet wide around her. Sad to say she'd our camp guide at the moment."
"Let's have no one get lost in our damn camp. be pretyy funny if ya did. Strand, anything live in these fogs?"
She nodded.
"A fair few creatures indeed."
"Can you guide parties into the forest for grinding?"
"It would be difficult, even for MY skills. But I could."
"Alright. That's the plan for today. Fog grinding. Asuna, set a schedule and make sure the lowest go first. Strand's the final say."
"On it. Your plan for the day?"
He flexed an arm.
"Hmm. I'm at about half strength. Another day of rest, and I'll be a psychopath again. I think I'll poke around the hills and see if I can find any ore. I noticed Prospect and mine were included in the skills Victoria gave us."
The unseen knight captain chuckled from her spot in the fog.
"If you DO find anything of worth, Sire, let me know. I know enough about metalworking to point you in the right direction to start."
"Thanks Victoria. I got about 100 pounds of tin an copper I haven't done anything with yet."
"I will be happy to teach you."
Tyler smiled.
"Alright. Have a barrier mage erect SOMETHING on the road so no one falls over the cliff."
They nodded with a chuckle and Tyler clapped.
"Good, break."
They went to their tasks and Tyler used his memory of the camp's placement to wander over to one of the moss walls. Then he placed his hand on the soft greeness,
"Prospect.....OH SHIT."
His skill penetrated the rock...into a POCKET. He blew a sharp whistle on his lips and Strand appeared with a few warriors at his noise.
"I got a pocket behind the stone. In a fantasy world, there is only THREE reasons why a pocket exists on the other side of a WALL like this. A tomb, a monster den, or forgotten chamber. Only question is which?"
The Ranger nodded as she looked at the wall very closely now.
"I agree. Can you pierce the stone?"
"Hmm. prospect picked up on about five feet of stone between us and the pocket. I SHOULD be able to. Just a matter of if I SHOULD."
Asuna walked up with her thought.
"Open it. We need to know what's on the other side."
"Alright."
He took his pickaxe out and looked at the wall.
"Mine."
The wall glowed as a set of bullseyes appeared where the pick would do the m ost damage and he smirked.
"Mighty Blow."
"Oh come that's cheating."
"Show me the rule book. Ghost Cut."
He slammed the enhanced pickaxe into the wall and the result saw a four foot hole open up in the mossy urface. A great whoosh of stagnant air came racing out and chased away a solid thirty feet of fog from the entrance and Tyler chuckled as some of the camp was revealed.
"Oh there's the wagon. I was wondering where it went."
They chuckled and the warrior looked into the hole.
"I got a coffin. A STONE coffin."
Strand nodded without taking her eyes off the thing.
"We found a lost tomb, Tyler. There could be ANYTHING inside that thing."
"I have Holy spells."
"Good. Do we have a holy mage?"
"We do. XENOVIA! Over here!"
A strong girl's voice rang out from the fog.
"Coming!"
Tyler looked at Strand.
"Her greatsword is a Holy sword. Called Durandal. and she is a former nun too. ASIA!"
"Coming!"
"Asia too."
A sound of feet approachling clued them in to a new arrival. Tyler looked at as a rogged girl with short cut blue hair appeared from the fog. She was half a head shorter then him with bright blue and green hair while her eyes were solid blue. Her skin was sunkissed and her frame well cut from a rough lifestyle. Her bust was large and she had a chainmail tunic over her tanktop while on her legs was a plateskirt and boots on her feet. Her voice was a warm bark as she walked up.
"What's up mister Berserker?"
"Ha. Nice to meetchya Xenovia. You still have your holy spells?"
She nodded as Asia came skipping from the fog.
"Yup. And Durandal is still a VERY powerful holy sword."
"Good. we got an undead to deal with and need holy power. Asia?"
"I have one holy spell that's offensive. It's called Divine Burn."
"Alright. I have Divine Slicer, Hallowed Ground, MAgical Rebuff, And Sunburn. Strand, you two, Asuna....we need one more. Asuna?"
The redhead though for a moment.
"Sanya. She needs the level up most for her ability."
"Gotchya. Sanya!"
"Here!"
The pale witch appeared from the fog geared for war and Tyler nodded.
"Alright. Let's get this done."
The raiders walked into the tomb and the stone coffin flew off the thing. A rotting corpse reached up to grab the rims of the coffin and it sat up. It was a rotting man ot unlike from a certain movie about mummies tyler had seen once. The disgusting creature was met by the warrior as he slammed his greatsword into it to prevent it from rising further and he locked it against the rim of the coffin.
"GOT IT! Hallowed GROUND! Do it!"
His antiundead area spell made the thing scream as Xenovia appeared swing a massive single edged gold and blue greatsword at the thing. the slash took the creature across the chest and it howled with a distinct rattle as Asuna appeared with her rapier,
"Flaming JAB!"
and stabbed the thing on a leap ten times in the heart before Sanya appeared swinging her battleaxe.
"Mighty Blow. Watery CRUSH."
An extra sharp edge of water appeared on Sanya's axe and the witch brought it to bear n the struggling thing's head. There was a sound like a hammer hitting meat and the thing lost half it's skull as she jumped aside for Strand's arrows.
"Pierce. Double shaft. Double penetrate."
"And all kinds a giggity."
The ladies smirked as the shafts embedded themselves in the creature's chest and then it was Asia's turn. The blonde had her hands clasped in prayer as she used the longer worded chant of her spell for added power.
"may the light of the Sun bless you in eternal fire. DIVINE BURN!"
The undead creature threw Tyler off as it exploded into white flames from Asia's powerful spell and tyler had his greatsword ready when it exploded into dust and was gone. Asia glowed a moment and she squealed.
"I killed it AND leveled up! Level 3 baby!"
They laughned at her justified cheer and Tyler smiled.
"Purify."
Strand nodded sagely as he hit them each with the anticurse spell.
"VERY wise when dealing with undead. Now did it leave anything?"
Tyler peered into the dusty coffin.
"I got a seam for a false bottom."
Asuna blinked.
"A trove?"
"Maybe. I'll pry it open and we'll see."
"If this triggers a cavein Tyler, and we die, I will blame you for the rest of eternity."
"I can die with that."
"Oh not cool."
Asia looked at Sanya beside her bemused.
"I thought it was pretty cool."
The pale witch smiled shyly.
"I did too."
Tyler chuckled at that as Asuna slumped. The warrior used a knife to pry the false bottom out and he passed the slab to Strand fr inspection and she nodded after a moment.
"No curses are detected and this is a good slab of white marble. we may be able to sell it for profit."
"We'll add it to the wagon. THIS we'll need to have a chat over."
Asuna looked inside and blinked at the mass of gold coins, weapons, a few gems, and spells laying at the nearly five foot deep, 4 foot wide, 8 foot long coffin.
"OH DAMN. We got a trove here. And a decent sized one too. Is the chamber safe?"
Strand looked at the smooth walls.
"I would say it is, Asuna."
"Okay. I'll go get the rest of the leaders for this one Tyler."
He nodded.
"Not a word people. Not until we have a SET IN STONE plan for this."
They nodded and Asuna headed out. Tyler sat on the edge of the stone coffin thinking of the best loot splitting plan as Asia poked her head over the edge.
"wow. Never seen so much gold."
"Ha. I have."
She looked at him curiously.
"Really? Where?"
He patted her golden hair.
"Right here."
She blushed hard at that set up and smiled as she hugged him.
"I'm precious alright!"
"And NEVER tell yourself otherwise Asia."
"Nope!"
Asuna came in with Victoria, Rias, and Mina. The purple haired knight captain blinked as she saw the trove.
"Oh my. That is indeed a trove. Well done, Tyler."
He nodded without really looking at her as he considered an idea and Rias smirked.
"So what's the plan?"
Tyler smiled as he looked at her.
"I think I have a solution."
Asuna smiled.
"Hit me."
"Okay. HALF of all the gold in that thing goes to the Company by default. The rest we split. If there is not enough for the entire company to get SOMETHING, it all gets added to the company funds. Are you with me so far?"
MIna smiled.
"A very fair solution. I like this."
Strand nodded and so did Asuna.
"As do I."
"That's one helluva system. Gems and the like?"
"Same. HALF of valuables like that to Company. BUT. if I say it's fro Seria, that's it. NO FURTHER QUESTIONS."
They chuckled at that power abuse and Mina smiled.
"s it should be. And to have it said? DON'T abuse it."
"Agreed."
Asia perked up.
"Weapons and other stuff?"
"THOSE we'll lay out in a row and let the ones that FOUND the trove get first crack. Anything leftover is up to the company to fight over."
Asuna smiled.
"Fair. Arguments for loot?"
"If say Kirito and Akeno can't reach an agreement over something, YOU, Mina, as the subcommander step in. As it is, I'm the COMPANY LEADER, and ASUNA is the SECOND IN COMMAND OF THE COMPANY. Mina, Rias, Strand, Victoria are subcommanders. Mina would step in and make a choice. If they're not happy with it, and ASUNA has to step in. SHE makes the choice and it is final. If I have to step in, you lose whatever the fuck you're aruging abut and it's sold for the Company."
Mina smiled.
"If the issue reaches the top of the chain, the leader ENDS the issue. Period. I can respect this. A thought."
"Sure."
"You only have four subcommanders. For a 130 man unit."
He chuckled.
"If you have anyone in mind that'd work well in the role let me an Asuna know. We'll talk to em an see what we can do."
Asuna nodded with a smile and Rias perked up.
"Sora?"
"Is the camp Strategist."
"Ah. An advisory role entirely."
Mina looked at him.
"Sakamoto is here too."
"Hmm. She have the experience in a command setting?"
"She does. She was MY second in command remember?"
"Ah. Hmm. Her level?"
"She is hovering at half to 3 right now. And she trains daily."
Asuna looked at Tyler.
"You know her more then I do."
He nodded.
"She's a helluva second in command and and even BETTER trainer. She's a GOOD CALL, but at the same time has a NASSSSTY habit of pushing herself WAAAAAY too freakin hard. Like to the point she forged a cursed sword to forcibly enhance her magical power and nearly KILLED herself using it."
Mina sighed at this.
"She DOES have flaws. I admit this. But she NEVER makes the same mistake twice."
He patted her reassuringly.
"I know. Hell. the ONLY REASON she forged the Repumiru is because those idiots in their chairs didn't see her potential as a Flight Trainer."
Mina smiled warmly at this praise.
"Milo IS tough as nails and a true friend."
"That she is. Which why I think I'll have her as under your level of leadership. She makes a better second in command then actual commander."
"I completely understand where you're coming from. You have criteria?"
He nodded.
"I need people who have told people to die."
They blinked at this and Victoria sighed unpleasently.
"He sees it clearly. I am VASTLY relieved. He is correct. We are at war. And a leader's role in war is to tell people to die for less then adequate reasons."
Tyler nodded and looked at Asuna.
"I'd elect Erza for a leadership role. But she has WAY too much honor and intregrity for what we need."
Asuna tilted her head at this potential flaw.
"Actually that might not be a bad thing. HAving a captain of morals and honor in a prominent position WOULD lend a better light to the entire company of ruthless problem solvers, Tyler."
He sat back now to consider this solid point.
"You've a point. MY problem is she doesn't know when to CALL IT though. I can VERY easily see her making a scene at the WORST possible time."
Mina smiled.
"She has a strong heart and a VERY good one at that. Perhaps we let her grow a little more before we promote her."
"She;s the same age as YOU Mina."
"NEVER bring that up again, and wow."
"Yeah she's a tank."
Rias looked up now.
"Akeno fits. She was in command of my devils several times when i was down and she has experiences no one else does."
Tyler nodded at this suggestion.
"Akeno checks a number of boxes for me. She's strong, has experience in both the command and second in command role, straddles the line between good and evil,"
"Interesting image,"
"HA. And she knows when to cut her losses. Asuna?"
The redheaded second smiled.
"She fits all the needed requirements. And she's also on the cusp of level three. I agree with the promotion."
Tyler looked at Rias.
"Call her over please."
"Akeno attend me."
A ball of red light darted out of the chamber and he chuckled.
"You can still use that power?"
She smiled smugly as she flipped her blood red hair.
"Yup!"
Asia sighed.
"Rias likes to surprise people."
He patted the blonde and she brightened up as Akeno came in.
"What's up?"
Tyler looked at her with a smile.
"we need another subcommander for the Company. Interested?"
Akeno blinked at this before smiling.
"Sure. I report to Asuna, right?"
"Yup. You'll get your own set of warriors to command alongside the rest...oh."
His eyes flashed and Asuna saw it.
"what clicked?"
"I forgot to ask Mylissia if we're it. Or if they'll summon more heroes after a time."
They blinked at this and Victoria frowned.
"I haven't heard anything from the Queen on that one Tyler. Ask her the next time you report in."
"Yeah I will. we have 130 warriors and 5 subcommanders. Thats roughly 26 warriors per. I like the small squad divison there."
Asuna nodded.
"It keeps it nice an easy for the commander. Captain?"
"Yeah we'll go with that. Sorry Mina you got demoted."
She smiled.
"Yoshkia refuses to call Sakamoto anything other then Major."
"Ha."
Asuna smiled as she looked at the 5 captains.
"We'll divvy the warrios up between you later. For now we need to deal with the trove."
Akeno got brought up to speed and she smiled as the gold was collected.
"This is gonna be fun."
The coffin was emptied and the Company informed of the discovery. The fog had thinned a little in the noonday sun and they could see about 10 feet now. Still not enough to go anywhere but they still could see the 4 foot pile of gold as it got dumped out on a pelt. Asuna came over with a paper to Tyler as he sat on the wagon.
"We got a total."
"Yikes."
"Yeah. That pile has 257,990 in it."
"That by 2 is 128,995. that by 130 is 992 with 35 gold leftover. Lessee. Me, Asia, Asuna, Strand, Xenovia. Five raiders. 7 extra coins to those that found the trove. Any issues?"
The company shook their heads at the very fair deal and the shares were taken. Tyler then looked at Asuna.
"We need a treasurer now."
She chuckled at that.
"Belfast has that noble task aside from Quartermaster."
The silver haired beauty smiled as Tyler looked to her.
"I have procured a protable safe for our Company funds, Tyler."
"Thanks Belfast. How are we looking?"
She looked at her notes.
"We are doing well. We have only gained coin Tyler. As of these figures we have 856,714 gold for the Company."
He nodded.
"NO one say anything. Company coin is Company knowledge and a secret to everybody else."
They nodded and he looked at Bell.
"YOU I got a question for later. You didn't do anything, just something you said."
"Okay!"
"Nothing bad."
"Phew."
Tyler chuckled at the nervous breath and he heard the white haired boy whisper to Yoshkia as Tyler looked away.
"He's scary when he does that."
Yoshkia smiled at that one.
"He reminds me sometimes of captain Barkhorn. Scary as hell when focusing, yet always got yer back."
"Thanks for the complement Yoshkia."
"Sure!"
The gems were laid out now for the splitting and Tyler explained the rules. Though,
"ONE note. If I say it's for Seria, THAT'S IT. NO FURTHER QUESTIONS."
And they chuckled at that greed. Tyler hopped off the wagon to snag a sparkling blue star sapphire with a brillant red center.
"such as this one. I like it."
He hopped back up onto the wagon as the remaining thirty gems were split in half with a knife on the cloth and one half set aside for Company funds. The rest were gone over by the rest until they were gone and the weapons ans armor were laid out. Tyler explained this one too and they nodded. The raiders got first look and Tyler noted a greatsword made from a near solid blue material and he took the 6 and a half foot long weapon curiously. Strand explained.
"That is made from Starite. A blue metal a few steps above Azurite. They saw Starite is best forged under the light of the stars."
"Makes sense. I'll take this one since I KINDA need an upgrade. I still have that other greatsword too. Silveria it was made from."
He took the new weapon to the cart as the raiders stepped back and the remainder of the Company looked it over. Tyler had his new sword out for cleaning as he kept a close eye on the potentially volalitle situation. His new blade was 6 and a half feet long with a 12 inch wide blade and twin edges. it dropped to a vicious straight tip while the metal itself was a strikingly bright shade of blue that rivaled a sapphire. The hilt was made from azurite and added to the blue while in the shape of a dragon's wing. The pommel WAS a sapphire and Tyler smiled as he hung the weapon on his back and put the older azurite sword aside for mounting as a momento. The loot was gone over and when the last bauble was taken Tyler nodded.
"This is how we handle troves. If I EVER find out you found one and DIDN'T inform us, I will CUT YOU. Are we clear?"
The heads nodded at that and Tyler smiled.
"Alright. Back to it. Bell, a word?"
Teh nervous white haired guy came over.
"what happened?"
"Just something you said a while back. You said Hestia was going to join us at the NEXT SUMMON."
Bell blinked as he relaxed with the knowledge he was NOT in trouble.
"I remember."
"She say WHEN that was supposed to be?"
"Um, no. She didn't. I can try to ask since she said I can pray to her as my goddess here."
"Yeah do so please. Mylissia never told us about another summon. I'll go ask her myself actually."
"Sure. I'll meet you when I have an answer."
Tyler patted him on the back as he went to his tent. There he set the scry orb out and cast the spell. Mylissia appeared and she blinked at the tent setting.
"Shall I fetch Seria?"
"Later. i just got a question."
"Uh-oh."
"IS there another summon of heroes planned or ar we it?"
The queen blinked at this before she sighed with a minor relief.
"Phew. I forgot to tell you as well. You are NOT IT. We will summon you reinforcements in a month."
"Okay. Thanks Mylissia."
She smiled.
"Planning for future campaigns?"
"Pretty much....what's the latest report from Dunkrick?"
"The Stone city. It's a dwarven city, Tyler."
"Oh. Cool. I'll be sure to make a few friends there."
"Ha. Well, the latest reports indicate the dungeon is getting ample traffic in and out of the place. Casualties are holding at 15 dead per day and countless wounded too."
"Anything like Drikin?"
"No."
"Anything like it anywhere else?"
She sat back in her throne.
"There is. An outpost garrison where we train mages has been silent for a while now."
He unrolled his map and she pointed to the only other village in the region.
"There. The village of Magnork. It's a Royal Mage village where court mages and royal battlemages are trained."
He frowned.
"I had INTIALLY considered the option the village would be attacked by the armies in the area. And it fits if the Forest Giant came from that direction. A creature that size can climb those montains with ease."
Mylissia sighed.
"I have knights en route. Theyll arrive tomorrow."
"Let me know what they find."
"I will do so. Seria is with her Mistress for her daily lessons. And my WORD is she enthusastic."
"Ha. Good for her."
"Anything further?"
"All I needed."
"I'll tell her you said hi."
The ball went out and Bell poked his head in.
"She replied."
TYler walked out and the white haired kid smiled as he explained.
"She said a fresh summon is scheduled in a month. She's coming with a few more from our world as it'll be about 25% bigger then the last one."
"So we're looking at an extra 156 warriors. Maybe 157. Alright. KEEP that close and DO NOT TELL ANYONE."
He nodded wide eyed at the suddenly serious warrior.
"Yes sir! um,"
"Let's not give them a reason to slack off."
"Ah. I'm level 3. I'll catch up. Somehow."
Tyler patted him.
"we're heading in a dungeon city, Bell. Plenty of grind to be had."
"Thanks Tyler."
"I gotchyer back bro."
"Bell! YOUR turn to go grinding in the mist!"
"Coming Asuna! Bye Tyler."
Bell trotted off for hsi patrol and Tyler smiled as he walked through the camp towards the chamber. The thing as empty as he went inside and the warrior went to the back of the thing and placed his hand on the wall.
"Prospect. Oh BINGO. Starlite!"
He found a vein of the metal his new greatsword was made from and smiled.
"Mine."
He dug the ore from the wall only to walk out with close to 150 pounds of the bright blue ore. He dragged it to the wagon where Belfast was looking their supplies over. The diligent Quartermaster smiled as Tyler came over.
"I see you had success. What is the resource?"
"This one's for me and it's called Starlite. The ore my sword is made from."
She wrote it down in her notebook and he noted her long silver hair had been tied in a ponytail and it worked for her as she turned to him.
"About how much would you say?"
He kicked it.
"My guess is 150 pounds."
"We shall need a second wagon for extended trips Tyler."
"We'll look Dunkrick over then. I'd prefer slow yet steady growth for the Company."
"I completely understand. And we ARE running low on some supplies."
"How bad?"
She looked.
"Sugar, butter, some grains, and we are at half stock for coffee. Spices we are at a low ebb, and the same with flavorings. Meat we are OVERsupplied. The same with some forest goods."
"Hmm. Makes sense the more exotic shit we run out of first. How long will it hold?"
"My estimate it four days at our current appetites."
"Rationing is out of the question for active soldiers. We need our strength and there are few things that boost morale like a hot and good meal at the end of a day's march. Okay. We'll see if we can reach Dunkirck in four days. If NOT, we MIGHT have to make due."
She nodded.
"I will have my report ready for Asuna on her return."
"Thanks Belfast."
She smiled warmly.
"I do like being of service. And you are most welcome."
Tyler left the ore with her and returned to his tent to look his own funds over. He added the latest payout to his gold and nodded.
"11,185. I'll go do some grinding of my own."
The leader walked out as Asuna's party returned with loot. Tyler walked over and the redhead smiled as the deer meat and pelts were added to the wagon.
"This area is alive with animals and prey Tyler. The fog hasn't seem to hamper them at all."
"Any monsters?"
"Nothing yet. We DID spot a dead deer carcass by a tree. But nothing else."
He blinked.
"A dead deer? You sure it wasn't a wendigo?"
She blinked at this.
"NOW I'm not. I have the spot."
"Good. Kirito!"
"Over here."
The boy in black came over and Tyler fistbumped him.
"We're going after a potential wendigo."
"Got it. Barkhorn wants to come with."
"Captain badass front an center!"
"Sir!"
The tough girl with the twin broadswords came RIGHT over and Bell smiled as he joined.
"I remember where it is."
"Thanks Bell. Yoshkia, grab your satchel. we're going on a raid in the forest."
"Yes sir!"
Strand joined him with a wry smile.
"Since it's YOU we're garranteed to find something weird."
He chuckled at that solid point.
"Alright let's get this done."
Tyler, Bell, Strand, Kirito, Barkhorn, and Yoshkia headed out into the forest from the back of the camp and the warrior nogted the fog was thinning more and more with every passing hour. Now they could see fifteen feet in front of them and Bell took the lead as the white haired kid smiled.
"The carcass is over this way. It didn't look like an undead though."
"Always better to doublecheck."
"Will do next time."
Strand smiled as she and Yoshkia collected herbs together for the Company's food and healing supplies. Barkhorn was on watch and Kirito was eyeing the fog cautiously. Five minutes later Bell pointed out the dead deer in the distance.
"There. Same spot too."
Tyler pulled his lance and walked over to the mutilated carcass with strand beside him. The Ranger noted the state of the antlers.
"A young and healthy buck. a powerful predator got this prey."
"Not even."
He pointed to a set of claw marks on the flank of the animal.
"A STEALTHY one. I'd recognized those anywhere. Tiger."
Strand nodded as she saw the marks.
"A King Tiger. 8 feet at the shoulder. Odd how it didn't finish the meal."
Tyler looked around at the ground as Kirito spoke up.
"Guys, we got a problem."
They mpved to his voice where he pointed at a large track in the dirt that made Tyler blink.
"Allosaurus. Minor Tyrant."
Strand smiled.
"Indeed. And a big one too. Odd to see one so high up in the mountains AND alone too."
"I'd say it passed by four hours ago."
"You are learning rookie. That was my guess as well."
"A tiger would not wanna mess with a dinosaur as bad tempered as a minor tyrant. MY question is why didn't it eat the deer?"
Strand provided insight.
"They do not eat carrion. The tiger would have provided the better meal anyway."
"Hm. WHERE'S the tiger?"
A massive roar of fury went up int eh distance before it was cut off suddenly and they sighed.
"It attacked the camp."
They nodded and the friends headed back to find a nearly 20 foot long tiger being skinned by Victoria and her remaining knights. Tyler then noted there were only four left and Asuna came over grim faced.
"It got one of the knights before Shirley brought it down. Knight was dead on impact."
"So we're down to four?"
"We are. Victoria will hold a vigil for him tonight and his belongings will be sent to his family."
Tyler sighed at this new loss.
"Dammit. Okay we need more alertness spells."
Asuna nodded tiredly.
"We need a few things. The wagon's wheel broke in the mild panic. No one;s hurt, but we need a new wheel."
"Oh I can do that. I just need some good wood and a bit of metal."
Strand looked at him curiously and he smiled.
"I know some stuff."
"Well. This should be interesting."
Asuna smiled.
"We're kinda stranded until the wagon's fixed as the SPARE wheel was busted in the same accident."
"Someone run into it?"
"Pretty much."
"Issei?"
"NO. HE we can't find."
Tyler looked at the edge of the cliff now and Asuna chuckled.
"We used a tracker spell. Sadly he didn't go off the cliff. The trail led into the forest and we were about to follow it when the tiger attacked."
Tyler sighed.
"Strand."
"I will follow."
"Ugh. PArt a me wants to just say fuck em. If he don;t find his way back, he gets left behind."
Asuna nodded with a strained calmness.
"ME too. EVERY girl here would agree with you. BUT we're not that evil."
He sighed.
"I'll take a crew and go find the idiot. Sorry Kirito."
"Two highest levels in the party. I get it."
Tyler looked at Asuna.
"The wagon prop up with some stone from the chamber. I'll see if I can fix it when I get back."
"Understood. We have a shaper here for the meantime."
Tyler walked to the place the trail started and Rias appeared with Xenovia.
"We'll help."
"Sure."
Strand cast the track spell and the idiot's footprints were highlighted in blood red color that matched Rias' hair to perfection. Rias saw this and Strand smiled sheepishly.
"my apologies. I love your color."
"Thank you. I am not into women however."
"Such a shame."
Tyler was looking at the trail at this VERY odd rehash and Rias sighed with a smirk.
"NEver. A. WORD. TO AKENO."
They chuckled as they followed the trail into the forest BACK towards the village they'd left. Tyler noting the trail was walking pace and he sighed.
"If he got jumped while taking a piss, that'd be typical."
The searchers nodded at the tropey feel as they moved deeper into the forest. The searchers heard a sound a few minutes later.
"OOOOOOH BOY!"
"Come to me my Hero! Allow me to show you the true pleasures of hell!"
ISsei's arroused and excited voice was heard along with a seductive purr in RIAS' imperious purr and they moved towards the sound. Tyler braced inwardly at what they were about to find as they walked around a trunk....just in time to see a creature in a pisspoor imitation of Rias' blood red good looks morph into an undead horror and pounce on a now VERY confused Issei's exposed member with a feral intensity. The confusion lasted only as long as it took for him to be forcibly entered into the cheesegrader like spot of the Lady of the Forest and the hellish ride begin...
"Sunburn. Fuckin idiot."
The undead creature was killed from Xenovia's slice following the holy spell and Issei was seen to curl into a ball sobbing heartbrokenly while clutching at his precious, and nearly melted dick. Tyler sighed deeply as an also disgusted Xenovia cast a healing spell on him that repaired the damage and eased the pain. Strand slumped.
"How STUPID is this boy? To follow her so far into the woodland when he has a tent! OOooh my head."
Tyler just sighed as Issei sobbed at the horror he nearly suffered.
"Idiot. Come on."
"Give me a minute!"
"You did it to yourself for being such a fucking idiot. So get off your ass and let's go."
Issei had hate in his eyes and voice as he roared at him.
"I was nealy just raped by a ZOMBIE-"
"That YOU willingly followed!"
"I thought it was RIAS-"
"IDIOT it looked NOTHING like her!"
Tyler held a hand out to the REAL Rias beside him.
"HER hair is FIVE shades brighter and about TEN times more volumnious then that corpse. HEr skin is PALE YET SHINY while THAT THING was matte white! HER eyes are blue, that thin g was GREEN! The ZOMBIE was a LOT......actually ya know what? I'mmma just stop there. If you thought THAT was Rias, then you need new eyes."
Rias smirked.
"The zombie was.....WHAT?"
"I was GOING to say skin and bone. YOU got muscle. But realized it wasn't sound good no matter what I did."
"NO it WOULD not. Continue."
Tyler then looked at Issei with DEATH in his eyes.
"And here's the damning thing ISSEI. You have been around Rias for YEARS. THAT thing's voice was nothing but nails on a chalkboard when put next to HER imperious purr. And that AURA that even now kinda intimidates me was NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. ANY true friend to HER wold NEVER make such an INSULTING mistake like thinking an undead as good enough to be her shadow. Issei. Get off your ass and let's go."
The tramatized boy shuddered at the memory and Tyler just grabbed him by an ankle without pulling his pants up.
"fuck it. We got more important things to d then babysit a loser."
Rias siled as she walked beside him.
"So is THAT what you see when ou look at me?"
"All that and more."
"Now I REALLY wanna read one of your stories."
"I do not blame you. And SERIA is the one I love most."
She smiled at this.
"Makes me wonder just WHAT she has that I DON'T if you see THAT MUCH in me."
"Simple answer Rias? She sends a shiver down my spine you just don't."
"I get it."
She smiled and he smiled warmly at her.
"You do matter to me too, Rias."
"I know. I can see just how much too when you LOOK at me. I...guess I'm just enjoying the novelty. I dunno."
She shrugged with a curious expression and he thumped her on the back fondly.
"Long as we're together and having fun who cares?"
"Damn straight. Oh. And it is ON you bastard."
"Chess or prank?"
"CHESS. NO pranks with a thousand foot drop beside us."
"Deal. Shiro?"
"SHE and I need to have a chat. She hit me with a five move checkmate and I am NOT HAPPY."
He chuckled at that while Issei fought and yelled for them to let him go with everyone, INCLUDING THE GUY DRAGGING HIM, to more or less forget he was there. Asuna was waiting at the trail head for them and she sighed as they came back.
"He got lured by something didn't he?"
Tyler looked at her curiously.
"who?"
She flicked a finger at the ground and Tyler looked.
"Oh. Huh."
Issei was in his fist and Tyler had a look as if he had JUST noticed this. Issei had a look of humilated hate on his face and tears of humilation on his face as Tyler threw him aside with disinterest.
"He got lured in by a lady of the forest. We found him at the mount and yeah. Annnny later and he'dda been raped by a zombie."
Asuna sighed.
"He's STILL a level 1."
"eh fuck em. We'll focus on the ACTUAL warriors in our crew."
She nodded as Issei pulled his pants up with anger in his green eyes.
"I am a DRAGON EMPEROR!"
"No you're not."
TYler's nonchalant shutdown without looking just made the idiot angier.
"BOOSTED GEAR!"
A flash of red was seen before a mere handguard was seen on Issei's wrist and Tyler looked at the thing with a lifted eyebrow as Issei tried to force the gear to appear fully.
"That's it? THAT'S your best?"
"Drake COME ON! HELP ME PLEASE!"
Issei was pleading with his wristguard on his hands and knees with tears on his face and Tyler whistled.
"Now THAT is pathetic. Having to LITERALY beg to your HAND for it to do something? How LONELY do you have to be."
Rias leaned in his ear.
"YOU are being EXTREMELY cruel."
"He HAS to learn this lesson. He is WORTHLESS here. And will only get somebody killed. Once he gets to the point I want him at, he'll be able to do stuff."
"Still...."
"Didn't Belfast need your help with something?"
She smiled at the bone and she left with her friends. Issei saw this and had more tears of helpless rage on his face as he started BEATING on the red guard with the force of his anger.
"Wow."
He looked up at Tyler's mild voice and the spiky haired boy gritted his teetg at the warrior in black.
"Go away you cocky fuck. I can do this on my own."
"riiiight. ya know what, Issei? You're just not worth it."
Tyler walked away with a headshake as the guy slammed his fist into the dirt with self-hate.
"THAT guy was possessed by Drake? Jesus Christ."
The warrior walked over to where Rias was waiting with her devils. The redhead looked at him with an unreadable gaze.
"Already?"
"Yup. He reached that place of utter HELPLESSNESS and SELF-LOATHING....and choice to wallow. I can do nothin for em."
She sighed at this news.
"Alright. So what we do?"
"Eh fuck em. We got more important things and people to worry about."
"Alright. Is he dead?"
"No. Not yet. But we're not babying him anymore. He's a level one. WE'RE level 2 and up. Keep up or get left behind."
She nodded with resolution and Tyler looked at the fog.
"fog's thinning. We'll be able to leave in de morning. I'll go do something now."
They chuckled at that as he went to his tent and laid in the comfy fur for a rest. The warrior dozed for a few hours before he was poked awake by Asuna.
"Hey. LAst patrol's in."
"Anything interesting?"
"They found that minor tyrant and Erza brought it down. All hands on deck for it though."
Tyler left the tent as Asuna explained.
"It's a good deal bigger then we expected. She leveled to 3 though which is good."
"I'll know more when I see the thing. Any injuries?"
"Her friend Wendy took a NASTY slash cross the chest from a claw but she was able to be saved. Erza herself got smashed with the tail and needed a potion, and Kirito nearly lost an eye. They got the kill though."
"Wendy MArvel?"
"Shorter girl with blue twin tailed hair?"
"Yup. In her world her branch of magic is a dragonslayer."
"Wow. HERE she's a Wind Mistress."
"Ha."
The duo arrived at edge of camp where an immense dinosaur was being dismantled by the industrious camp. Tyler blinked as he saw the elongated jaw.
"Wow. That's a Baryonyx."
He got to work skinning the immense beast with the rest and an hour later they had a mass splashing from a water mage to get the viscera off gtheir bodies. Then Tyler met Wendy. She was half his height with ankle length sky blue hair in a very pretty set of twin tails that reminded him of a vocoloid singer from his world. Her skin was fair and her frame was slender as her bright green eyes shined. Her attire was a tight fitting samuari robe covered by chainmail and on her back was a sapphie tipped staff. Her voice was a happy and friendly chirp as she introduced herself.
"Hi. I'm Wendy Marvel. Nice to meet you."
Tyler patted her fondly.
"Nice to meetchya Wendy. I'm Tyler. Nice to meet the Sky Dragonslayer herself."
Wendy blushed at that as she smiled.
"Erza said you were a fan. That's kinda cool."
He chuckled.
"What level are you, Wendy?"
"Level 2. I'm not a good fighter yet though and was more focusing on buffs and heals."
"SMART. I guess you had to carry that fight huh?"
She laughed at THAT exgeration.
"Not EVEN! I was just the one that put them back together after."
"Atta girl. YOU team up with Asia and Yoshkia for the healing brigade."
"Sure."
Asuna came over with a chuckle.
"THAT good huh?"
"She's third on my list."
"OH DAMN."
"Yeah that girl is a hurricane packed into a cutie's frame."
"Thank you!"
"Sure thing Sweetie. Natsu here?"
Wendy smiled around her blush.
"No. Sadly. He's the stronger dragonslayer."
"Damn. Gajeel?"
"Nope. I was the one dragonslayer that came here."
"Alright. You have a slayer ability too?"
"I do. It's called Dragon Fang. It's a buff spell that triples the penetrating power of a thrusting style weapon."
"The dragon and the lance. Thanks Wendy."
"Sure....can I meet Seria?"
"Absolutely. She's LOVE YOU."
Wendy smiled.
"She seems sweet. And she's got YOU by the heart so I'm curious."
"Blueberries together."
"I am a healer you prick. It's MY job you keep YOU alive. Do yuo REALLY wanna piss me off?"
Asuna laughed at THAT furious turnaround!
"Atta girl Wendy! MAke that idiot sweat!"
She smiled and Tyler chuckled as he headed back to his tent. He laid back down with a groan and a smile as his company went about their tasks. The warrior relaxed until dinner was called and they made a meal of roasted tyrant and the last of the pear cordial. Then Tyler returned to his tent snd smiled.
"Night's Longing."
Seria rose from the ground with a smile.
"I was missing you too."
He hugged her tightly and she snuggled close as they laid down.
"So you didn't get far today."
"A freakin fog thicker then mud appeared. NOPE. Not with 4 thousand foot drops either side a us."
She chuckled as she rested her head on his chest and he wrapped her in his arm.
"The Mistress says I'm a prodigy for my lessons. She's never seen a girl who so lusts after her skills."
"Sexy. It possible to get a recording?"
Seria smiled mischeviously as she slid a small crystal into his hand.
"MAaaaayyybe."
"My GODS do I love you."
"I love you too, Tyler. And it doesn't exist."
"No it does not."
She rested her head back down and he stroked her blue tresses until she closed her eyes.
"Sorry for disappearing on you like that."
"Sorry for leaving you to ASIA'S mercy."
"She nearly strangled me on sight. It's okay. Her hugs are great."
"Asia is just great."
"That she is.
Seria smiled as they settled for the night.
"Good night, MY hero."
"Good night, MY wife."
"OOOH it tingled."
OKAY. LESS OW AND FOG. STILL SOME OW THOUGH.
DAY 20.
FRIDAY.
GOLD: 11,185.


Tyler woke to see Seria asleep in his arms and he kissed the back of her neck to wake her. She woke with a moan and she smiled at him as she rolled over.
"Ooooh don't do that again. I feel all tingly!"
"I love you too, Seria. Good morning."
"I love you too, Tyler. Good morning."
The pair snuggled deeper into the bedroll and he smiled.
"I can't give you stuff while here can I?"
Her blue eyes were shining as she replied.
"You can. And they'd return with me."
He slid the raptor claw to her.
"THAT one nearly got me."
She clutched it tightly.
"I'll put it with the Tyrant teeth, my love."
"I love you too Seria."
She smiled and he held her as the sun filtered through the tent and she faded as it touched her. He sighed as she vanished before refocusing. He slid her crystal into a hidden pocket in his pack and headed out. The fog had nearly disapated entirely with enough left to make caution nessecary. Asuna was at the table with the rest of the leaders as the warrior approached.
"Morning. We have an issue."
He looked at her.
"Issei was captured last night trying to steal from the party's safe. When confronted, he tried to stab her. Barkhorn caught him.
"OUCH."
"She BEAT the idiot nearly to death. Victoria got him to confess to attempted to rob us in the dark and leave. his plan was to just take off and POSSIBLY defect. idiot hadn't thought that far out. We looked and nothing was taken and he was under no influence but his own."
Tyler nodded.
"Where IS the safe kept, asuna?"
"In a cupboard under the wagon bed."
"I'll store it in my tent now."
Mina smiled.
"We had intially thought of that, too. But I suggested the wagon as your tent was a little TOO obvious."
"Smart. We'll figure it out. But for now we need to decide what to do with Issei."
Mina nodded as she looked at him.
"He would have suffered a firing squad in my world with this betrayal."
Asuna nodded gravely and Tyler looked at Rias and Akeno. Rias sighed deeply.
"I'm good. And DONE."
Akeno nodded.
"What she said."
Tyler sighed.
"Half a me wants to kill him for this, the other DOESN'T because of the door it opens."
Victoria nodded gravely.
"If you decide to put him to death for his crime, Tyler, there is no going back. The choice is yours."
He smiled.
"I know what to do."
He set the scry ball on the table and the knight captain smiled approvingly.
"Well chosen."
Mylissia appeared with a smile.
"What now?"
"We have an issue I think you'd need to be aware of."
"Shall I shut the door?"
"That might be a good idea."
The queen went to her study and once the door was shut she smirked.
"What is the new crisis?"
The charges were listed and Mylissia let out a visible sigh of relief as it was revealed Tyler had turned to her for judgement.
"Oh thank gods. Words cannot describe how VASTLY relieved I am such power holds NO allure for you, Tyler The Berserker."
He chuckled.
"I want no part of being king. If you were not reachable, I WOULD have killed him for this."
"In that instance, that is perfectly reasonable. However, I will decide his fate."
The queen sat in a chair.
"Present me the prisoner."
Asuna looked to where Erza and Barkhorn were waiting and the pair dragged the badly beaten and silently glaring Issei forward. Tyler smiled as he saw this.
"Hey, Erza, Barkhorn, I think yuo two well as enforcers for the Company."
Mina smiled widely.
"Those that ensure codes of conduct and respect are followed. We'll discuss this one after."
They nodded with a smile and Tyler looked at Mylissia.
"This one is all yours."
Mylissia nodded as she gazed imperiously down her nose at the sullenly glaring Issei.
"Issei Hyuta. Let it be known this morning you stand accused of attempted robbery, murder, and desertion of your fellow heroes. The evidence against you is condemning. HOW do you respond to such charges?"
Issei snorted through a swollen jaw.
"I respond by saying they OWE me an extra payout since I'm still level 1. THEY'RE all level 2 and up. Since NO ONE WILL HELP ME, and I've never done anything like this, I need an extra hand."
Tyler held his own hand up to silence the outraged people around the and they held their tongues to let the queen handle it. MYlissia did.
"You have been in our world for 20 days."
Tyler blinked and looked at Rias.
"Has it ALREADY been that long?"
She chuckled at that one.
"I know. I felt the same when I realized that myself."
"Weird. Sorry."
MYlissia chuckled at the intrusion.
"I completely understand. Now."
She refocused.
"You have been in our world for 20 days, Issei. And have been afforded the EXACT SAME OPPORTUNITES for wealth and power the rest of the heroes were gifted."
She was using the same gently patronizing tone one used to explain 1+1=2 to an idiot toddler with a temper problem. The queen looked at Tyler.
"TYler the Berserker, state your level and wealth."
"I'm level 6. Just BARELY passed level 6 mind you. Wealth is 11,185."
She nodded.
"You don't have much for wealth."
"Most of it went into my spells and abilities."
"At the last figure, how much did you spend? That one trip to Sabrina's shop?"
"About 200k? With an extra 110k on Seria's wedding ring set? Yeah that sounds right."
Mylissia looked at Issei now down her nose.
"Tyler, in 20 days, had amassed enough wealth and power to both secure the hand of the princess as his bride, AND purchase those simply LOVELY engagement gifts for her. WHY couldn't YOU do the same?"
Issei had utter jealousy in his voice as he answered.
"THAT guy is a Slayer. I'm just a pleasurer. HIS ability lets him fight and it's EASY for him."
Mylissia chuckled.
"Oh no it is not easy to KILL and FIGHT. His abilities can be BOUGHT at a STORE. So in the face of a disadvantage, where one of TRUE HEART would merely work the harder to make up for the lack, YOU whine and moan and do nothing. What is YOUR wealth Issei?"
"I'm broke."
"Where did your gold go? I gave you 3,000 at this point."
Issei sighed and didn't answer as the queen looked at him.
"Issei. Answer me."
"I...lost it."
Mylissia chuckled.
"I'll answer FOR YOU then. YOU spent all your gold, on DOVES at the local temples. To the POINT you missed out on valuable training. I got their reports on your....efforts as well. As it is the QUEEN'S duty to protect the queendom's workers. No matter WHAT they profess in."
Issei had looked away from the queen's condemning gaze now and the blue haired ruler smiled.
"I have recieved the reports of all 45 of them. And they all report the same GLARING flaws. A tiny member, HIDEOUS STAMINA, HORRID acts they needed to be purified for preforming, pain too. Seems you have no idea what you are doing and FORCE it to the point it hurts. And a feeling of utter REGRET when the finish comes. They get their payment, and YOU are kicked out. No wonder no dove would have you twice. NO woman with self-respect would even CONSIDER lowering herself to entertain YOU as a lover!"
"Hey."
Rias' mild offense made Tyler chuckle.
"There were ISSUES there Rias."
"Oh yeah that's right. Sorry."
Mylissia chuckled at that one.
"She;s still a goddess."
"Still not into women, Mylissia."
"Still BOO. I'd LOVE to worship YOU for a night sweetie!"
Rias blushed HARD at the geninue words and seductive purr in the queen's voice and she looked away.
"I'll...keep that in mind."
Akeno patted her on the back reasurringly and Tyler looked at the queen.
"GOOD choice."
"Yeah not my game, not my table."
The ladies in attendance chuckled at that one as Issei had a flush at the thought of Rias as a lesbian with the queen. Mylissia saw this.
"The women you had hired all report a tiny, miserable, disgusting soul who can't even go for five minutes. You are WORTHLESS. This was BEFORE your latest crimes against your comrades."
Issei had a look of indignation at the critcsim and the queen continued.
"For the crimes of attempted robbery, murder and desertion, Issei hyuta, you are found guilty before the Queendom. Your PUNISHEMENT is a BRANDING, the sealing and loss of your levels, and you are BANISHED from the Heroes' Company AND the Queendom as a WHOLE. Until the day you prove WORTHY of such an honor again."
Tyler looked at her.
"Soooo HOW are we gonna do this?"
Mylissia smiled.
"Press the orb into his back."
Issei was pinned to the ground as he screamed and tried to fight only for the stronger Erza and Barkhorn to overpower him in seconds. The loser's shirt was pulled up and Tyler pressed the orb into his skin. Instantly a hissing sound was heard along with a series of burning lines engraving themselves in his back, chest, hands and on his forehead. Issei was incoherent with his screams of pain as Rias and her devils stepped away to avoid a mess. The brand was a large X shape over a ray of bands while his Status Plate shattered. Mylissia explained as the orb was removed.
"He may never grow any stronger as a person so long as the brand remains. It's the ultimate punishment for a hero as they're reduced to a normal human in our world as even their hero's boon is sealed. His brand will be visible no matter what he wears and when people look at him with a Status Plate the words Hero's exile will be seen. Now, give him his horse and supplies for two days then send him on his way."
Tyler smiled.
"We're moving out anyway."
The queen chuckled.
"He does not even deserve the use of your campsite YOU prepared."
"Ah."
Issei was put on his horse and the muddy brown steed was sent on a ride back to the village. Strand smiled.
"Ingot will know the brand on sight. AND will not attempt to help him. He may be an exile himself, but he did not WILLFULLY endanger anyone. And he has attoned for his sins."
"Where Issei just DOESN'T have that kinda heart."
"NO he does NOT."
Tyler looked at Mylissia and she smiled.
"If you encounter ANOTHER such issue Tyler, I'm afriad it's UTTERLY out of your hands to pass judgement yourself if I am reachable. Until the day you ascend the throne yourself, judgements and punishments are beyond your power."
"I completely understand. If I am called to judge? Say by a village with a corrupt leader?"
"Use the orb as I do so enjoy those."
"Sure. If the orb BREAKS?"
She sighed at this possibility.
"Just keep a shard. It's enchanted to regenerate over time."
"Thanks Mylissia."
"Certainly. Seria is busy at the temple."
"Tell her I love her."
"Will do."
The orb went out and Tyler looked at Asuna.
"The wagon?"
"We were able to fix it. with a proper look we realized the spokes had snapped. Those are easy to fabricate and same with the spare wheel. We can roll out anytime."
"Break camp and let's make tracks people."
They nodded and the camp was broken down in fifteen minutes before they were moving. Erza and Barkhorn were upfront with the leaders for their latest discussion and Tyler smiled as they followed the gently rising road.
"I think Erza and Barkhorn make better enforcers then mere footsoldiers everyone."
Asuna nodded as she manuvered her own unicorn.
"I agree. And we DO need a few more officers for the Company Tyler. The top is secure, now we just need to make sure the base is as well. We're a small band right now and so two Enforcers work just fine. Same with a Quartermaster."
"Belfast?"
The blue eyed Quartmaster smiled from her spot by the wagon.
"I am well able to handle the current workload, Tyler."
"Alright. You need a hand let us know."
"I will do so."
Tyler looked at Asuna.
"We lost two members there. 128 strong. We STARTED with 151. That's not good."
She sighed.
"We're at war Tyler. And it's 23 lost. ONE to betrayal. We're okay."
"I guess."
He sighed and Asuna smiled at this.
"KEEP THAT. The moment the men under you mean nothing, is the moment you turn into a monster."
"I'll keep that in mind."
Tyler looked ahead as he considered what else they needed.
"Oh. Yeah. We need a better name then the Heroes' Company."
They chuckled at that and Rias smirked.
"Choose wisely."
He chuckled as he considered the options. Then he smirked.
"Oh that works. We're the-"
"If you call us the Mess, we're ALL going to hit you."
"Jesus. I was GOING to say Beacons. We're the Beacons."
Mina chuckled.
"Inspiring and lame. You can do better."
"I WANT to call us the Outcasts."
They blinked at this and Asuna smiled.
"We ARE all Outcasts from somewhere."
Strand smiled.
"Indeed. And a band of Outcasts seeking to right the wrongs of the world is an admirable tale. IF a recipe for rumor."
Tyler smiled.
"I WOULD call us the Rangers, but that was already claimed."
The elf chuckled at that one as the warrior looked at the crew while they rode, seeking something that represented them BEST.
"Hmm. We're all from different worlds, all but ME are icons in my world, all extremely skilled warriors. Demons."
He smiled widely and looked at Mina.
"We're the Demons of Razgriz."
Rias whistled at the intimidating name.
"Damn dude. Razgriz in my world was a demon of retribution and revenge."
Tyler smiled.
"And find me a BETTER name for a group of Heroes led by a BERSERKER?"
Asuna smiled.
"We're the Knights of the Bloodoath, Tyler."
He looked at her and she explained.
"We were brought here BY a bloodoath, and are expected to be knights. And I want my title back."
The warrior smiled widely as the rest also smiled at the intense name.
"We're the Knights of the Bloodoath. Led by Lord Berserker. I LIKE it, Asuna. Asuna. The Lightning Flash. Once AGAIN second in command of the knights of the Bloodoath. We have our company name."
The heads nodded and Tyler smiled as he produced the orb.
"Let's make it official."
Mylissia appeared with a smirk/
"What now?"
"We decided on a party name and need it made official."
"Oh? THIS oughta be good."
"We're the Knights of the Bloodoath. YOU brought us here with blood, and we WADE through blood to defend your home. OUR home now."
Mylissia smiled widely.
"An insanely honorable and inspiring name. I will have your company recognized as the Bloodoath in reports."
"Thanks Mylissia. All we needed."
The orb went out and the Bloodoath rode on. Tyler looked ahead with Strand as the road leveled out again and he found that even though they were pushing 9,000 feet it was still easy to breathe. Strand smiled as she looked at him.
"Our world is far larger then your own it seems. Even at the top of those peaks we are able to breath as easily as if we were at the base."
"That's kinda cool."
The Knights moved at a canter now until they were all on the level ground and Tyler noted the cliff to their right was still sheer and covered in moss. The drop was dizzying, even for him as he looked 9,000 feet straight down. Victoria chuckled as he moved away from the edge.
"People go over all the time from stunts like that, Tyler."
"Ha. Classic."
The friends made up for lost time as the fog burned away entirely and they could see clearly.
They made camp inside a horseshape dent in the forest on the left of the forest and Tyler was on first watch again. He smiled as he struck his statue of armor stance with his defense spell up for his shift. Asuna relieved him a d he returned to his tent. He was surprised to find Belfast waiting for him and she smiled warmly as he walked in.
"I found myself wishing a cuddle."
He chuckled at that as he laid down and she rested her head on his chest.
"Always nice having a cuddle mate, Belfast."
"Have you had a dream?"
"Mostly Seria. And differing things with her."
"No nightmares?"
"None."
"I am glad they faded."
"Me too. You okay?"
She smiled warmly.
"I am. My own fancy has passed. I have my own target in mind."
"Akeno?"
"NEVER speak of this."
"I promise."
"But indeed."
"Lucky the both a you. She's a wild one though."
"We have talked."
"Oh. Well. You know."
Belfast smiled knowingly as she got comfy.
"I do indeed know"
"Ask her to show you her feathers sometime."
She looked at him.
"Are you being uncouth?"
"Trust me."
"Oh dear that is TERRIFYING. I shall ask her tomorrow during our own cuddle."
"Lucky."
She chuckled as he wrapped an arm around her waist.
"Good night, Belfast."
"Good night, Dear."


STILL ON THE ROAD. KINDA GETTING TIRED OF IT.
DAY 21.
SATURDAY
GOLD: 11,185


Tyler woke to the sight of Belfast asleep beside him in his bedroll. He smiled at this and hugged her around the waist. she woke with a smile.
"Good morning Dear."
"Morning Belfast. Always warm."
"Always relaxing."
"THAT means a LOT coming from you."
She smiled knowingly at that as they left the tent.
"And know I WILL be asking her later."
"Tell me what you think after."
"I will, indeed. AND blame you."
He chuckled knowingly as he went to report at the Table. Asuna was there with Mina and the rest and the redhead smiled as he walked over.
"Morning Tyler. All quiet last night."
"We're about what? Two days out from Dunkrick?"
Mina looked at a map.
"About that. We'll be entering a colder region of the mountain now. We've bundled up with pelts and blankets for the next day."
"My coat will keep me warm. If we need to, pull over and I'll use a firestorm to warm us up."
Strand smiled.
"A wily idea and use it for our campsite, Tyler. Tonight is going to be miserable."
"That reminds me. How's our tents and equipment looking?"
They blinked at this and Asuna frowned.
"I will have that looked at Tyler. We're not in game and that stuff wears down."
"Where's Sora and shiro?"
Sora perked up from his spot.
"Over here. Nothing for me to so since this is trip planning annnnd nothing I know anything about. Shiro was last seen inside Asia's tent with that one girl....Unicorn? That how you say it?"
Tyler chuckled.
"The cute brigade. Alright. Asuna get a status on our equipment BEFORE we head into the cold. if we need to dip into our stored pelts to repair our blankets, do so."
"I'll get right on that."
She left and Tyler looked his own tent and equipment over. Only to find his tent had more then a few holes wearing in around the rope fastenings and the bedroll was fraying pretty badly. PLUS was worn flat and not really comfy.
"explains my back ache this morning."
He walked out to find Asuna reportng in.
"ALl bad. Dented pots, encrusted pans, fraying blankets and tents, yeah we need a reequip on most basic survival equipment."
Tyler nodded.
"We'll do a hard ride then. We can squeeze one rough night from our equipment before it becomes an issue. We need to be halfway to Dunkrick by tomorrow morning. Once in the city, resupply is the word a the day BEFORE we relax."
He looked at Victoria.
"OR get back into training."
She nodded approvingly.
"Agreed. The shops in Dunkrick are some of the best that side of the mountain for camping gear. And to be honest YOUR stuff is VERY low end quality."
Belfast came over with a clipboard.
"I have taken inventory on the upgrades, repairs, and replacements we need."
Tyler took the list and whistled.
"MOST of it is our tents and bedrolls. Okay. We have the fur and hide to do this right. Only a question of do it ourselves, or wait till the city and have a professional do it. If a PROFESSIONAL does it, it'll last that much longer."
The leaders frowned at this and Sora perked up.
"Have a professional do it. Since we need this stuff for long rides ANYWAY, durability over time is more important."
Tyler nodded.
"I agree there. We can suffer through a few bad nights. Since we're already used to it."
They smirked at that and Belfast left the clipboard with Asuna.
"I suggest we keep an eye on the tents. A few are the verge of RIPPING entirely."
Tyler nodded.
"We'll be on the other side of the cold by tonight. Let's Move Bloodoath."
Asuna smiled as the camp was broken down.
"You've been wanting to say that."
"Yup."
Once the Knights were formed up they tore off down the road at a light trot as that was the limit allowed by the treacherous roadway. Tyler looked up as the road climbed again and noted a distinct chill in the air that had his breath be seen.
"Strand, what lives up here?"
The Ranger smiled as she came up on her wolf.
"A lot actually. Dragons, mountain tyrants, larger Alpine bears, WHITE BEARS, and a few breeds of breakers but with fur."
"Huh. What are the dragons' like here?"
"They are many and more, Tyler. You'll see one soon enough."
Victoria rode up now with her own experience.
"Dragons here range from tyrant level's of strength, to godlike. And they are EXTREMELY common too."
He smiled.
"fair warning. We ARE going to kill a high dragon at SOME POINT."
They chuckled at that aspiration and Victoria nodded approvingly.
"Ya sounded like me when I said that. You'll need to get a LOT stronger though."
"We will. I'm already a level six."
Asuna smirked at the cockiness.
"Cocky idiot."
The friends chuckled at that as Rias came up then with her flame red Unicorn. Tyler smiled as she did.
"Whatever happened with Bell and Asia?"
"Oh they're good friends. Seems they spent some time together and felt they were better off as friends."
"Makes sense. Asia?"
"SHE was LOVING the attention. And seems to be playing the field a little."
"Good for her."
Rias chuckled at that.
"Very. And we're making sure she doesn't turn into-"
"Akeno?"
A minor thunderbolt hit him as the purple haired beauty's icy tone was heard from the group.
"I heard that you prick."
He chuckled and Shadow tossed his head in irritation at the jolt. Rias had a smile at the eletrocution.
"Asia's enjoying herself."
"Good for her. Where's Javelin?"
"Oh her? She's fallen in with Erza and Barkhorn. I guess she wants to be like them."
"Good for her."
Tyler looked ahead now as they went from dirt and rocks to a lightly snow encrusted path with the landscape becoming more sparsely forested as they went. The warrior frowned at the sudden shift to white and he closed his coat with a flick as behind him the Bloodoath all donned pelts and furs for warmth.
"Keep your wits about you people. Let's no one slip."
They nodded at this as they rode. Tyler looked into the distance as the sun reflected off the snow and he sighed at the chill.
"I do not miss this."
Mina shivered beside him.
"Me either. Karlsland's cold in the winter."
"Sanya must be laughing at this excuse for cold."
She chuckled at that as Sanya's soft voice was heard.
"It's nice. I kinda like it."
The friends smiled at that subtle brag as Strand pointed ahead.
"We take this right here."
They turned and Tyler spotted the shift to a downhill ride.
"Slow up and brace for ice!"
The Bloodoath slowed to a canter as they decended the mountain and Strand smiled as she led the way.
"We'll be out of the cold in 5 hours at this pace Tyler."
"That'll put us at twilight. Good. we'll then make another hard push for Dunkrick. I want to be in the city by noon tomorrow."
She nodded and they rode on. They left the cold behind four hours later and Tyler smiled as he unclasped his coat in relief while the pelts were put up as well. They made camp on a level slab of stone close to 50 yards wide. Tyler smiled as he helped Erza and Bakrhorn build their camp fire pyre that kept insects at bay while the tents were pitched. He wasn't on watch that night and so laid on his bedroll with a groan.
"Yup. Okay. This thing sucks now."
They had dinner of roast meat and some strawberry cordial before they powered down for the night. Tyler smiled as he settled.
"I'll see you tomorrow Seria."
Sign up to rate and review this story