Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Welcome to New Jersey, Kiddo

Thanksgiving Eve

by Wordsrgolden451 0 reviews

Somebody is catching feelings XD Physical attraction abounds, y'all... (rated for a bad swear)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2021-12-17 - 1664 words

0Unrated
Vic still couldn’t believe that she was sitting on the couch in Donna’s living room with ‘the boys’. Gerard, Mikey(and his wife, Alicia), Frank, and Ray. Bob was back home in Chicago for the time being but Gerard had said that he would be back before New Year’s. She couldn’t wait to meet him.

Everyone had been really friendly and sweet to her. There had been hugs and laughter as Gerard made his little speech about Vic’s performance.

“She was pretty awesome up there, guys! You should have seen her!” he said, animatedly. “I’m still wondering where you got that blazer.”

“I have my sources,” Vic smiled, trying to look innocent.

“So, you didn’t have any major catastrophes, then?” asked Frank.

“Frank!” yelled the group, tossing throw pillows at him.

“What?” he asked, dodging the pillows and collapsing as one hit him square in the chest.

“Awww man…everything’s getting dark….Gerard…tell Jamia I love her…okay?”

Frank then proceeded to ‘die’ spectacularly, flopping around before coming to rest at a giggling Vic’s feet. Frank had always been her favorite, just because he was so crazy all the time. The poster child for hyperactivity, she’d thought on more than one occasion.

Gerard took out his cell and dialed Frank’s apartment.

“Gerard, you’re not honestly going to call Jamia, are you?” asked Ray, raising his eyebrow.

“Why not? She sends the man over here to keep him out of the way while she cooks and he dies. She’s got to be told,” said Gerard, absolutely straight-faced.

Vic leaned forward to look down at her feet. She saw Frank, his eyes and mouth shut tight against laughter.

“Hello, Jamia? Yeah, it’s Gerard. Um, yeah, bad news. Uh-huh, well, it seems that your fiancé took a throw pillow to the chest and he died of severe idiocy. Oh yeah, there’s stuffing everywhere…on the carpet and the walls. He wanted me to tell you that he loves you. Okay, yeah, I will. Have fun. Bye, Jamia.”

He closed his phone and turned to face Frank’s smiling ‘corpse’, “Jamia said to quit fooling and that she loves you too you big idiot.”

The entire room instantly burst into laughter. Frank got up from the floor and sat down next to Vic, with his arms folded and a rather sulky expression on his face.

“Aw, don’t sulk, Frankie! I thought you died magnificently,” said Vic, twisting around and giving Frank a hug.

“Thanks, Vic. You’re a sweetheart. See, at least somebody liked it,” said Frank, sticking his tongue out to the rest of the group and giving her a small kiss on the cheek.

She felt the start of a blush creeping across her cheeks and ducked her head.

“Look at Vic! She’s blushing!” hooted Mikey, from the love-seat, where he sat with his arm around Alicia.

“Shut up, Mikey,” she muttered, her blush getting brighter.

“Make me,” he challenged.

While Vic and Mikey continued to play fight each other, with Alicia acting as ref, Gerard sat on the other couch lost in his own thoughts.

When Frank had kissed Vic he’d felt odd. It was almost like…like…jealousy? Gerard shook his head as if to discard the idea. It couldn’t be jealousy. After all, why should he be jealous if Frank got to kiss her? She was sixteen, still in high school, smart, funny, had a pretty smile, beautiful green eyes….

“Damnit, Gerard! What’s the matter with you? She’s just a kid, like any one of MCR’s fans....”

He startled when Vic plopped down next to him, “Penny for em.”



“What?” He looked over to see Ray proceeding to waste Mikey at Guitar Hero, while Alicia and Frank egged them on.



“I said, ‘penny for em’. You were looking very serious and introspective,” grinned Vic, tucking her hair behind her ear.



“Introspective?” Gerard raised an eyebrow.



“Did I mention I read a heck of a lot? Head of the class in large word usage. But, don’t change the subject,” she replied, sticking her tongue out at him.



He laughed and opened his mouth to respond, when Donna’s voice come from the kitchen, “Who wants to test the cannoli?”

Had there been any innocent bystanders, they most surely would have been trampled in the resulting stampede.



Dinner had been over for at least an hour in the Way house.

Gerard was almost asleep on the couch and Vic had reached the point of no return long ago. She lay with her face squashed up against his side, mumbling nonsense every once in awhile. The excitement of the day, combined with Donna’s good cooking, had sent her into a comfortable sleep.

Everyone had left soon after dinner. Mikey and Alicia stayed until Vic was obviously falling asleep and then said their good byes.

“Would you two like some dessert?” asked Donna, walking into the living room.

Gerard roused himself just enough to answer, “No thanks, Mom.”

He looked down at his right arm which had automatically wrapped around Vic’s slight frame. His eyes focused on the sleeping girl and he smiled.

“Looks like Vic went to sleep on me…literally,” he chuckled. The laugh ended in a mild smoker’s cough. Vic stirred a little but went straight back to sleep.

“Gerard, you’ll take her home, won’t you?” Donna smoothed Vic’s hair out of her face in a mom-like gesture.

“Yeah, of course. Where’s her coat?” he asked, helping Vic to sit up. She let Gerard help her into her coat and giggled sleepily when he picked her up in a princess carry.

“Bye, Donna. Thank you for having me over and letting me stay to dinner,” she yawned.

“You’re welcome anytime, Vic,” smiled Donna.

“C’mon, let’s get you home where you can pass out in your own bed, instead of on me,” said Gerard, carrying her out of the house and to his black SUV.

Vic pressed her face into his chest as the cold air bit into her cheeks. He tried to ignore the way his heart sped up. He wasn’t an adolescent teenager anymore and this was ridiculous! She squirmed against him and he held his breath, increasing his pace to the car. After putting her inside he shut the door and leaned heavily on it, willing himself to calm down.

“Get a grip, Gerard! She’s not anyone you could have a real relationship with. Vic’s just a kid. Do you feel this way about any other sixteen year olds, idiot? Of course not.”

His body argued with him for a bit longer, but he chose to ignore it and got in the car to take Vic home. He drove down the street a little faster than normal, eager to put some sort of distance between himself and the girl-child who seemed to have an amazing pull on him.

“Gerard…?” came a sleepy mumble from the passenger seat.

“Yeah?” he replied, turning into Vic’s driveway.

“Could I ask you something kind of personal?”

He paused, “…Alright.”

“Have you ever met someone who you…I don’t know…clicked with?”

Gerard cut the engine and stared at Vic, waiting for her to continue.

“It’s like…you understood that person without even having to talk or ask questions. Not love at first sight, I don’t believe in that. It’s more like…finding home. Like, you know beyond a shadow of a doubt you’re meant to be with that person eventually.”

Gerard didn’t reply and Vic chuckled softly, “I’m sorry. Ignore me. I ramble sometimes when I’m tired.”

“Pretty involved rambling,” laughed Gerard, climbing out of the vehicle and walking around to her side.

Vic shrugged when he opened the door and melted willingly into his arms, allowing herself to be carried up to the front door. She’d felt his heartbeat increase earlier and she wondered if she was just imagining things. Gerard Way could not be feeling anything for her…not the same way she felt about him, ‘It’s like finding home…’

“Will I see you soon?” she asked, after he’d knocked.

“Sure,” he replied, shifting his weight from foot to foot. “Whenever you want.”

“Friday?” She looked up at him, her dark hair making a curtain over her shimmering green eyes.

He nodded, “I’ll pick you up and we’ll do something. How’s that?”

“Sounds perfect,” she sighed, snuggling into his shoulder again.

Beth opened the door and peeked around the edge of it, smiling in greeting when she saw who it was.

“Hi Beth. I’m dropping off your daughter, but I think you should change her name to ‘Sleepy’,” said Gerard, laughing when Vic took a swipe at him.

“Well, thank you for taking care of her and bringing her home. Come on in the house Victoria,” said Beth, opening the door wide.

Gerard set Vic on her feet and she shuffled into the house after giving him a hug.

“I’ll see you Friday then?” he asked, taking a step back.

“Mmhm, Friday,” she agreed with a yawn.

“Goodnight, Vic. Night, Beth,” he replied, walking off the front porch and down the steps. He sat in his car for the longest time, pondering what Vic had said, ‘It’s like finding home.’ …And it was.

“If she’s my match…my God, I am so fucking screwed,” he laughed ruefully, banging the back of his head against the seat before driving off into the night.


Author's Note: So, because this is Black Parade era, Mikey and Alicia are still together and Bob is still in the band. No scandals here, because it's my universe ^_^ I hope you all enjoyed this latest chapter! Ratings and comments make my world happy :D Hugs
Sign up to rate and review this story