Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Welcome to New Jersey, Kiddo

Introductions and Invitations

by Wordsrgolden451 0 reviews

One hell of a meet and greet! "I've got chills, they're multiplyin'..."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2021-12-05 - 750 words

0Unrated
Jess ran over to Vic and threw her arms around her sister.

“You totally rocked up there! I can’t believe you had the guts to do that! Especially, when Gerard Way was part of the audience,” she giggled.

Vic turned bright red and looked at the floor, tugging on the lapels of her blazer. What must he think of her? No doubt the man already had her pegged as some over obsessive, drooling, fangirl.

“Well, I didn’t actually know that G-”

She quieted as Gerard walked over, along with her parents and Donna.

“There’s our Vic. Out to make a sensation, as always,” said Daniel, smiling and hugging her.

“Victoria, honey, did you have to use the f-word? You know how I hate that,” Beth chastised, with a frown.

“Yeah, I did. You wouldn’t want me to tamper with somebody else’s lyrics, would you?” asked Vic, with a smirk. She had forgotten about Gerard for a minute and was jerked back to reality by his rather distinctive laugh.

“You could have sung the edited version. I wouldn’t have minded if it made your mom happy,” said Gerard, grinning.

“Vic, I would like you to meet my oldest son, Gerard,” said Donna, giving her son a little push in Vic’s direction.

“So, it’s Vic, not…?” he asked, extending his hand.

“Victoria? No, not unless you want to find yourself knocked on your ass,” she replied, shaking the offered hand.

“Victoria! What have I told you?” her mom fumed.

Vic blushed again. She hated it when her mom called her on her language. Especially in front of someone like Gerard. She was embarrassed enough without adding to it.

“Well, if I ever want to be knocked on my ass, I’ll know what to do,” said Gerard, laughing quietly.

“Gerard, don’t encourage. What-” Donna started.

“-kind of an influence are you supposed to be?” finished her son, mimicking her voice to the letter. “I’m the worst kind. You know that.”

“Somehow, I find that easy to believe,” mumbled Vic, her voice shaking with suppressed laughter.

“Reeeaaallyyy?” Gerard drew the word out, narrowing his eyes at her. “I like your suit.”

The girl flushed bright red, taking a keen interest in the floor of the auditorium, “Look, I was only playing a part.”

“Uh-huh.”

“Besides,” Vic was struck with sudden inspiration. “I’m not as pretty as you.”

“I’m not that fucking pretty.”

“Gerard Arthur Way!”

Gerard chuckled lightly and waved a hand at his mother while winking at the young woman in front of him, “Truce?”

“Truce,” she nodded, snorting and finally giving in to a loud bout of laughter.

Donna shrugged and looked at Beth and Daniel as if to say, ‘kids, what are you going to do?’

“So, are you coming over on Wednesday, Vic?” she asked, already knowing the answer but waiting for confirmation anyway.

“I can, but won’t you be busy?”

“Yes. But, most of the boys always end up at the house anyway. One more person won’t make that much difference,” said Donna, smiling warmly.

“Besides, I don’t think that I’ve ever had the privilege of saying ‘here’s the girl who rocked out me and Mikey’s old school and I can’t believe you missed it!’” said Gerard, his hazel eyes still bright with amusement.

Vic blushed for the nth time that night, “Thanks. I’ll be over for sure. I wouldn’t want to deprive you of your big moment.”

Good-byes were said and hugs exchanged, along with the usual cautions to drive safely.

When Vic had buckled herself into the car, she lightly massaged the palm of her right hand. She could still feel Gerard's handshake like an electrical charge and she smiled as only a smitten teenager can as her father drove them back home.

As they were leaving Donna said, “You surprised me tonight. It’s unusual for you to open up to strangers, especially those of the female persuasion. But, you really took to Vic.”

“Mm,” said Gerard, as he rubbed the palm of his hand. Then he caught his mother’s odd look out of the corner of his eye.

“What? She’s a nice kid, Mom. That’s all,” the thirty year old huffed and got in the car.

Donna shook her head knowingly, and murmured to herself, “She’s still only sixteen, Gerard…”


Author's Note: Comments and likes make my day! Hugs
Sign up to rate and review this story