Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Welcome to New Jersey, Kiddo

Well, That Was Embarrassing

by Wordsrgolden451 0 reviews

Surprise!! (Rated for mild language)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2021-12-04 - 794 words

0Unrated
“Go away, Jess! I’m trying to get ready!” Vic yelled. The younger sister was asking questions and just generally annoying the living crap out of her.

“Geez, nervous much? All I wanted to know was why you were packing a duffel bag, when you’re already wearing the dress that you’re going to perform in.” Jess looked at the bag curiously.

“I’m going to change after the show. I don’t want to have to wear this dress any longer than I have to,” explained Vic, flashing her sibling a ‘get-out’ look.

“Fine, I’m going. But, I know you’re up to something,” said Jess, as she left the room.

“Finally! Now, where did I put my prep school jacket?” Vic muttered to herself, while she continued to pack.

*

“Welcome, students, family, and friends to the Fall assembly!”

Principal Hank was in full swing, droning on and on about the various acts coming up and then…she heard it.

“Also, performing tonight is Victoria Robinson, one of our new transfer students. I’ve been told her skit is going to be rather…unique.”

Vic heard polite applause and some jeers from the assembly. She felt like she was going to throw-up. What if they laughed her off the stage or, God forbid, threw something at her? Oh well, it was too late to back out now.

One by one the different kids went out to give their speeches and perform their original compositions, while Vic got ready in a small dressing room. She changed out of the dress that her mother had insisted she put on, and into light gray slacks and a collared white shirt, drawing the blue and red striped tie snugly around her throat. She pulled on her black sneakers and looked at the dark blue blazer that hung on the back of a chair. Vic fingered the patch on the breast pocket briefly before slowly slipping it on. Plugging in the flat-iron, the last thing she did was to straighten out the curls in her hair.

“Perfect, now all I have to do is sing,” Vic laughed nervously to herself.

The last speaker finished and Principal Hank walked up to introduce her, “And now, Victoria Robinson will sing for us!”

Vic took a deep breath and slowly let it out as she walked across the stage to the mic. She removed it from the stand and began to speak, “Thank you Principal Hank, but you know this really isn’t my song. I’m just borrowing it for tonight, since it quite effectively expresses what I’ve felt during this school term…”

“What’s that?” yelled one of the faceless and nameless students.

Vic spoke quietly into the mic, “I’m not okay.”

Dead silence and then…

Vic screamed, “Let’s go!”

As the first chords of ‘I’m Not Okay’ came through the loudspeakers, almost the whole student body was on their feet cheering and screaming. Vic was all over the stage, jumping and singing her heart out. At the end of the song she yelled into the mic, “Have a good holiday everybody! I’ll see you guys in a week!”

The sixteen year old ran off the stage amidst deafening cheers and collapsed backstage in a shaking, laughing heap, “I did it! I can’t believe I did it!”

“Well, done Miss Robinson ,” said Mr. Sharp, emerging from the shadows with a small smile. “I knew that you had it in you to do something outrageous. I’ll invoke a little of my tenure with the principal, make him think it was my idea. Now, go see your family.”

“Shouldn’t I wait for the crowd to clear a bit first?” she asked.

The drama teacher chuckled, “They’re probably almost gone now. Kids don’t tend to hang around after the assembly is over, no matter how great the last act is.”

Vic smiled, got up, grabbed her bag and walked out the side door into the auditorium. She saw her family smiling and laughing with Donna and shaking hands with the man who was standing next to her. He had shaggy black hair and was stood with his back facing her.

“Huh, must be her son.”

Jess caught sight of her sister standing by the stage door.

“Vic!” she yelled, excitedly.

Vic started to smile and wave, and then she froze.

“Oh shit!”

The man turned around and looked at her with the hint of a smile in his hazel eyes.

“Oh holy shit! Donna’s son is Gerard Way!”

Author's Note: So, I'm sure there was no surprise about that :D Thank you all for reading! Comments and likes are life :) I'll see you guys in the next one!! Hugs
Sign up to rate and review this story