Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 1: Wormhole X-treme

by selenepotter 1 review

A Federation Deep space mission with no human crew members gets pulled into another Universe where it meets the Battlestar Galactica and the Cylons.

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Apollo,Gaeta,Laura Roslin,Number Six,William Adama - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2022-02-23 - Updated: 2022-03-01 - 2311 words - Complete

1Exciting
Unhuman

Chapter 1: Wormhole X-treme


Uncharted Space - USS Argos

Captain’s log, stardate 2483.7, After several months of traveling through Federation explored space, we have finally entered region of space that no Federation ship has entered. Long range sensors have spotted a nebula, and M Class planet and a trinary star system. An auspicious beginning to our five year mission. We have been assigned a most troublesome ambassador. I have decided that his talents can be best utilized at the science station.

“Captain, we was scanning some anomalous readings at 34° 45’ 12” by 56° 23’ 54”, reported the science officer. “It appears to be a wormhole in the early stages of formation.”

“All stop!” commanded the first officer.

“Aye sir, responded Lieutenant Pram. “Full stop. Should we reverse thrust.”

“I do not believe that will be necessary” replied the Captain. “I believe we are a sufficient distance to avoid entering the wormhole. Ambassador Kim, probe the anomaly with an attenuated tetrion beam.”

“We will comply,” replied the Ambassador who had been placed at the science station. “Probing the anomaly now. . . . Captain, the wormhole is of an unusually great magnitude. It appears to lead to a location outside our own quantum reality. Standby . . . . Standby . . . Wormhole is opening, We are are at insufficient distance to avoid entry.”

“All hands, brace for impact!” called out the first officer, as the ship was sucked into the wormhole.


Ionian Nebula - Battlestar Galactica - CNC -

“Jump completed. We are in the Ionian Nebula.”

“Dradis contact! I am reading four . . no six Cylon Basestars jumping in!” announced Lieutenant Gaeta.

“Can we jump away?” asked President Rosalyn.

“It will be at least twenty minutes before the most of the fleet can jump again,” replied Admiral Adama. “Launch all Vipers! Set Action Stations!”


Ionian Nebula - USS Argos

“We appear to be in a nebula,” reported Lieutenant Hex.

“Captain! We appear to be cut off from the Collective!” gasped Ambassador Kim, as they staggered with the realization that they were alone.

“That would not be surprising if were have journeyed to a different quantum reality,” replied the Captain. “Apparently, the Collective does not exist here. What can you tell us about our vicinity?”

“Sensors show multiple ships in the vicinity,” reported Ambassador Kim. “There appear to be two different fleets. Fleet one is composed of a warship and multiple civilian ship types. All inhabited by humans. Approximately 30,000 humans combined. The second fleet appears to also be inhabited by humans. Much fewer numbers. Approximately 183 humans combined from all six ships. All ships in the second fleet appear to be warships.”

“Captain, the warships from both fleets appear to be launching small fighter craft,” reported
Lieutenant Schist, by way of the universal translator attached to her back.

“Fighters from the first fleet are piloted by humans,” reported the Science Officer, Ambassador Kim. “Fighters from the second fleet appear to be inhabited by cybernetic organisms of unknown type.

“Could they be this universe’s version of the Borg?” asked Lieutenant Pram, as the andorian helmsman leaned his antennae forward as if trying to get a better look.

“We are not hearing any of the Collective on our subspace connection,” replied Ambassador Kim.

“Speak out loud, Lieutenant,” said the First Officer. “The Captain can not hear your telepathy.”

“I apologize Captain,” replied the Talosian Communications Officer. “I stated that the human fighters from the first fleet are using radio to communicate with their carrier ship. Their language appears to be related to Earth’s Nostrodic super-family.”

“That would make it as closely related to Earth English as Greek, Arabic, Tamil and Japanese are,” observed Lieutenant Hex.

“Tie in the universal translator and open hailing frequencies,” commanded the Captain. “This is the USS Argos of the United Federation of Planets. You appear to be on the verge of initiating hostilities. May we offer our assistance as mediators?”

“We are receiving a reply from one of the cyborg ships, audio only,” stated Lieutenant Solon, the Communications Officer.

“Put in on the speakers,” commanded the Captain.

“Nice try, meat bags!” replied a male voice. “I don’t care what kind of new ship you humans have, it won’t save you this time. This is where the human race dies!”

“Captain, the cyborg fighters are approaching on an attack vector,” reported Lieutenant Schist, the chief of Security. “They are armed with primitive slug throwing cannon and chemical propelled missiles.”

“Shields up! Red Alert!” commanded the First Officer. “Do their carriers have weapons?”

They appear to be armed only with chemically propelled missiles. Some of them have nuclear fission warheads,” reported Lieutenant Schist. “The warship of the other fleet has fewer missiles of similar type, but a large number of cannon on it’s sides.”

“Another message is being broadcast,” reported Lieutenant Solon. “This one from the human warship to its’ fighters.”

“Put this one on speaker also Lieutenant Solon,” commanded the Captain.

“-fired upon. Repeat. All fighters, do not fire on unknown ship unless fired upon,” said a male voice.”

“Captain, the cyborg ships are firing on us,” reported Lieutenant Schist. “No effect on shields. Human fighters are engaging cyborg fighters.

“This is the Battlestar Galactica of the twelve Colonies of Kobol to unknown ship, please identify yourselves.” said the male voice.

“As I have previously stated, this is the USS Argos.” replied the Captain. “We are from the United Federation of Planets. We are on a mission of peaceful exploration. If you wish for us to negotiate peace with the other humans and their cyborgs, we would be happy to facilitate that.”

Ionian Nebula - Battlestar Galactica - CNC -

“Radiological alarm!” cried Geata. “The Cylons just launched a nuke!”

“Who’s the target?” asked Tigh, as he and Tory walked into the room. “I’m back Bill.”

“Glad to have you,” replied Admiral Adama.

“They’ve targeted the unknown Argos ship!” replied Gaeta.

“Argos, You are being targeted by nuclear ordinance!” shouted Admiral Adama. “All fighters, intercept that nuke!”

“That will not be necessary,” replied the voice of the unknown ship.

“Oh my frakin’ Gods! Did you see that!?! Did you see that!?!” said Captain Apollo over the radio.

“Apollo, report!” ordered Tigh.

“The unknown ship fired some sort of energy beam,” replied Apollo. “It disintegrated the missile before it even got close!”

“Argos, are you from the thirteenth colony?” asked Admiral Adama. “Are you from Earth.”

“We are a multi-species society,” replied the voice from the Argos. “Many of our member worlds have established colonies. But we do have an Ambassador who was born on Earth.“

Ionian Nebula - USS Argos

“We have 6,435 inbound missiles, including six with fission warheads,” reported Lieutenant Schist.

“Target the fission missiles with phasers,” ordered the First Officer.

“Belay that.” order the Captain. “Lieutenant Schist, will the fission missiles penetrate our shields?”

“Damage to the shields should be negligible,” replied Lieutenant Schist.

“Then allow the missiles to hit us,” ordered the Captain.

“Human warship is firing cannons,” reported Lieutenant Schist. “The cannons and their fighters are attempting to intercept the missiles. They have intercepted two of the fission missiles. Missiles impacting!”

The ship shook slightly.

“Shields down 4%,” reported Lieutenant Schist. “Regenerating . . .. Shields up to full.”

“Target one of the ships that successfully hit us,” ordered the First Officer, before turning to his Captain.

“Target them with a photon torpedo, maximum yield,” ordered the Captain. “Fire.”

“Cyborg warship destroyed,” reported Lieutenant Schist.

“Open a channel,” ordered the First Officer. “Cyborg Fleet, It is not necessary to engage us in combat. Do you wish us to moderate a dialog with with the other Human fleet?”

“This is the President Rosalyn of the Twelve Colonies of Kobol,” said a female voice. “Yes! Yes we do wish for you to help us negotiate a peace with the Cylons.”

“Standby,” said a different female voice from a Cylon Basestar.

“The Cyborg fighters are pulling back,” said Lieutenant Schist. “They are taking a defensive posture around their carriers. Human fighters are also pulling back. Also flying a defensive formation.”

It was ten minutes before the Cylons spoke again.

“The Cylon fleet also agrees to a negotiation,” said yet a different female voice.

“But first we want to meet you . . . see who we are talking to, face to face as it were,” said a male voice.

“That is acceptable,” said the captain.

“Captain, you should not go aboard either ship without a security escort,” protested the First Officer.
“I agree,” added Lieutenant Schist.

“Considering the cybernetic nature of their adversaries, the Kobolian humans are likely to react negatively to myself or the Ambassador,” stated the Captain That is why you, Commander, will lead the away team to the Kobolian human ship. You will take Doctor Salar to see to any medical issues that come up and Lieutenant Hex can act as your Science officer. Ensign Ssslurr can be your security team member. I shall lead the First Contact Team to the Cylon ship. Ambassador Kim will accompany us along with you, Lieutenant Schist and see that The Doctor is issued a mobil emitter so that he may join us. Lieutenant Pram, you have the Con. “


Ionian Nebula - Battlestar Galactica - Hanger Deck

“Let’s get a move on people!” shouted Chief Tyrol. “We’re got to get this place cleaned up before the Thirteenth Colony ship gets here!”

Suddenly there was a tinkling sound and four beings just seemed to materialize out of thin air. One wore a red and black jumpsuit with a metallic sash. He had brown skin like a Piscean and very prominent ridges on his forehead. He didn’t look like any human Tyrol had ever seen. Behind and to his left stood a woman wearing blue and black. She had yellowish skin and pointed ears. Behind and to his right of the leader was a man that looked human, except those weird spotted tattoos going down his neck. He was also wearing blue and black. In the rear was something that looked like a bipedal lizard! It was wearing yellow and black and was armed with a two handed weapon of some sort, though it didn’t look like any gun he had seen before. The brown one stepped forward.

“I greet you in the name of the United Federation of Planets. I am Commander Worf, First Officer of the Argos. This is Doctor Salar, our Chief Medical Officer, Lieutenant Hex, our navigator and science specialist and our security officer is Ensign Ssslurr.”

“He’s! . . . He’s . . . He’s . . “ Tyrol pointed at Ssslurr.

“A Gorn,” explained Worf. “Doctor Salar is Vulcan, Lieutenant Hex is a joined Trill and I am Klingon.”

You mean none of you are human?” gasped Tyrol.

“You were informed that we are a multi-species society, were you not?” asked Worf.

“This is way above my pay grade!” exclaimed Tyrol, before running to the wall phone. He pushed the button that would take him directly to CNC. “Colonel, they’re here already and none of them are human! . . . Their ship didn’t come they just appeared out of thin air!”


Ionian Nebula - Base Ship 1 - Hanger Deck

“Come on! What’s taking them so long!?!” whined One. “Shouldn’t they have launched a shuttle by now?”

“I’m sure they’ll be here soon,” purred Caprica Six.

“I wouldn’t-” but Five’s comment was broken off by the tinkling sounds as they appeared in beams of light.

In front, was a large rock with some sort of electronic device attached to it. Behind the Rock stood a golden skinned man wearing Red and black. To his rear and left stood a balding human male wearing blue and black. To the right something that looked like a cross between a Cylon Centurion and a human male. It was clear many of his parts had been replaced by cybernetic implants, including an arm, which ended in a claw-like hand and an eye which projected out to an end with a red artificial eye. The gold man stepped forward and around the rock.

“I greet you in the name of the United Federation of Planets. I am Captain Data. This is The Doctor, a holographic life-form, Ambassador Harry Kim of Borg, who is acting as my Science Officer. And My Chief of Security, Lieutenant Schist.”

Data pointed to the rock, next to him.

“I thought you were supposed to be humans?” said Boomer Eight.

“Ambassador Kim is the only human member of my crew and he ceased being human once he joined the Borg Collective,” explained Data.

“Then, what are you? Some sort of Alien?” asked Four.

“I am an Android,” stated captain Data.


NOTE: This takes place in an alternate universe where Nemesis never happened and Data never died. It is also one where Seven never joined Voyager. I had heard that there was going to be a Borg crew member and in Scorpion part 1, Harry got an infection for which the only cure was to become Borg. So I thought he would be the Borg Crew member and would be an actual Borg, not an ex-borg. In this version Harry was assimilated and the Borg made Janeway accept him as Borg Ambassador and crew member. After Janeway murdered the Borg Queen, turning them back into a collective, it became possible for an armistice between the Borg and the Federation and as part of the agreement, Harry became the Ambassador from the Borg. But he was considered a big security risk. So he was put on a deep exploration ship.


Technobabble - If you have problems with my use of technobabble, if I get it wrong, tell me. I don’t have all the technobabble memorized and I especially want to know if I get science wrong. I annoys me greatly when I hear science that is completely wrong, like a planet being further away than the size of the universe.
Sign up to rate and review this story