Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 35: outside of Time

by selenepotter 0 reviews

in the wormhole

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: William Adama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-04-08 - 1528 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 35: outside of Time


Bajoran Wormhole

“It is Corporeal . . .” observed Tasha Yar

“Limited . . .” agreed Lore.

“He is NOT the Sisko!” proclaimed Lahl.

“You are the wormhole entities known as the Prophets,” surmised Data.

“We are of Bajor,” agreed Tasha.

Looking around, Councilor Đaimz and Lieutenant Solon were no where to be seen.

“I have come to negotiate an end to the violence between your followers and the followers of the Daemons,” explained Data.

“They are exiled,” said Lahl.

“Those who listen to exiles must exiled, themselves,” said Lore.

“Are you saying you will do nothing to stop the violence on Bajor?” asked Data.

“There is no place on on Bajor for those who listen to Exiles,” proclaimed Lore.

“The Baltar is the emissary of the Exiles . . .” proclaimed Lahl.

“They must leave Bajor. . . “ said Tasha.

“Only those who listen to us are of Bajor . . .” said Lahl.


Data’s perceptions returned to normal and he found himself back with Đaimz and Solon in the Shuttlecraft.


Bajor Orbit - USS Argos - Bridge

“We are detecting activity at the Bajoran Wormhole,” reported Lieutenant Commander Harry Kim.
“On screen,” commanded acting 1st Officer, Lieutenant Thrace. “Enhance. That is frakin’ beautiful!”

“I never gets old,” replied acting Captain, Commander Worf.

“I’m detecting a shuttlecraft exiting the Wormhole,” reported Lieutenant Gran.

“Break orbit and set course to intercept them, 1/4 impulse,” Commanded Worf.

“Setting course, 1/4 impulse,” reported Lieutenant Pram.


Bajor - Janir town

“Get away from that window!” cautioned Lieutenant Nog, as a shot ricochetted off the edge of the bell tower window.

Lieutenant Cahlens moved away from the window from which he had been observing the battle. In a field below, Followers of the Prophets and Listeners of the Daemons were shooting at each other. Both sides were armed with matchlock weapons that took a long time to re-load, So they formed their ranks in lines with the front ones doing the shooting and the lines behind in various stages of reloading. To guard against cavalry, the lines of aquebusers were guarded by terticos, blocks of Bajorans armed with pikes who were trained to fight as a unit in a square formation. Although the landing party was not in the line of fire, an occasional stray shot would head their way and as Security Officer, it was Nog’s job to keep the others safe. His com-badge chirped.

“Argos to Landing Party,” said the familiar voice of Lieutenant Solon.

“Go ahead Argos,” replied Nog.

“All Landing parties are being recalled,” announced Lieutenant Solon “Prepare for transport”

“Acknowledged,” replied Nog. “Four to beam up.”


Kobol Orbit - Battlestar Galactica - Hanger Deck

“Will this do?” asked Crewman Emri, as he held up a thin sheet of steel.

“Yes, that will do nicely,” replied Kira Zawa.

The ‘knuckle draggers’ were forbidden by the Fleet Admiral to help the Bajorans upgrade their ship with modern tech of any kind. However, the Bajorans were allowed to work on their ship themselves and the mechanics were allowed to observe them. Supplying them with the raw materials they requested was a gray area. And giving them better than they asked for, like a sheet of steel instead of tin was crossing over the line. Still, the mechanics were fascinated watching the Bajorans work on an interstellar ship that worked on such an unknown principle.


Bajor Orbit - USS Argos - Nog’s and Eight’s quarters

“Pookie, I’m home,” said Nog as he entered their quarters.

His wife wasn’t alone, Boomer and Luziana were also visiting. But unlike his wife, the other two females were wearing clothes. His not being offended by this was not very Ferengi of him. But he had spent most his childhood around Bajoran and Human females and was used to their strange customs. Valerii Eight’s and Luziana’s pregnancies were starting to show.

“How was Bajor?” asked Boomer.

“Terrible!” replied Nog. “These Bajorans are a lot more vicious than the ones I knew on DS9! And the officers I was sent to guard kept sticking their heads into danger. I’m glad to be back with you!”

“Oh it WAS awful!” replied Luziana. “I wished I had not seen those images in your head!”

By now, his wife had grabbed his ears and pulled their foreheads together.

“I think we should go now,” announced Luziana.

“Oh you don’t have too!” said Eight.

“Nonsense!” replied Luziana. “I can see in your mind how badly you want to, as Boomer would say, ‘frak his brains out’.”

“Luziana!” protested Boomer, as she took her wife by the hand and drug her out of their friend’s quarters before she could blurt anything else out.


Kobol - Athens - Starfleet Headquarters - Astrometrics Room

In the room with the holographic projector of local stars, Delegate Hex, whose many talents included being a scientist, was briefing Fleet Admiral Adama. Currently the projector was showing local stars with a red lines connecting them.

“And if we combine the readings we have taken with the ones from the Argos we can see that the subspace currents should take our Bajoran visitors from here to the Bardeezi system,” explained Hex. “It has a class M planet. The species that lives there is still in the stone age. But the Bajorans will be able to replenish their air there. From there, the current should take them back to Bajor.”

“But they’ll still be our problem,” mused Adama. “They’ll still be able to visit us anytime they like.”

“That’s true,” agreed Hex. “But without inertial dampers they can only accelerate at G forces that they can handle.”


Caprica - Caprica City - recording studio

“Hello, and welcome once again to the D’Anna Biers show. I’m your host: D’Anna Biers. Today we’ll be talking via subspace with Crewman Tsoukalos on the Starship Argos. Mister Tsoukalos, it’s nice to have you with us.”

“Thank you, D’Anna,” replied Crewman Tsoukalos.

“Now first off, our viewers who are getting the video feed, may be getting confused by your appearance,” explained D’Anna. “You appear to be human, but you are not.”

“No D’Anna, I’m not,” replied Crewman Tsoukalos. “I’m actually Iotian. We look very similar to humans but that’s just outside appearances. Are internal organs are arranged completely differently.”

“On to the subject of this show, in your home universe, there was evidence that Humanity evolved on Earth,” added D’Anna. “But, in this universe, Earth was settled from Kobol by the 13th Tribe, who, as it turns out, were Cylons. You say you have a theory that can explain this?”

“That’s right D’Anna,” replied Crewman Tsoukalos. “I think the evidence will show that Humans DID evolve on Earth, but some of them were transplanted from Earth to Kobol. These Humans became the ancient Kobolians. They invented the Cylons and had a war with them, which required that the planet Koralis 3 or as you know it Kobol be abandoned. One group left Kobol to found colonies on 12 worlds which became the 12 Colonies. And the other group, the humaniform Cylon group, went to Earth where they interbred with the local humans. Thousands of years later, the Cylons were created again on earth, by the Cylon-human hybrids. And there was another war that devastated the Earth in the same way that Kobol had been earlier. So the five survivors of Earth, the Final Five Cylons, went to the Colonies and gave the Cylons human forms like their own.”

“That’s quite a tale,” said D’Anna. “But that initial transplanting of Humans, plants and animals from Earth to Kobol. . . Who would have the power to do something like that? Was it the Lords of Kobol? Or the Cylon God? Or . . . “

“Well, the officers on the Argos think I’m crazy for saying this;” said Crewman Tsoukalos. “But I think . . . it was Preservers!”


Captain’s log, Stardate 57604.7 - Our landing parties have all been recalled
from Bajor. It seems the wormhole entities known as the Bajoran ‘Prophets’ are unwilling to moderate their Bajoran followers and they want the faction of Bajorans who listen to the Daemons to leave Bajor. The landing parties have reported that both sides are willing to fight a war of extermination to settle their religious disputes. On conferring with Councilor Đaimz and Lieutenant Solon, they reported similar experiences as my own, While the wormhole entities were conversing with me, they were also appearing as loved ones to the other two and conversing with them about the religious significance of each of them to their own people. While I was rejected for not being ‘the Sisko’ they were acknowledged as being the key members of their people. It is curious that their Emissary in this universe is still called ‘the Sisko’. Will there be a future leader with that name? Of does their existence in non-linear time allow them to link to the Captain Benjamin Sisko from our own universe? Of more concern is the wormhole entities’ assertion that our new Head of Astrometrics: Lieutenant Gaius Baltar, is the Daemon’s equivalent of the Emissary of the Prophets.
Sign up to rate and review this story