Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 34: the Bajorans

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Fleet Admiral’s log, Stardate 57597.5 - I’ve received concerning reports from the Argos about the planet: Bajor and it’s people.

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: William Adama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-04-06 - 1731 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 34: the Bajorans

Fleet Admiral’s log, Stardate 57597.5 - I’ve received concerning reports from the Argos about the planet: Bajor and it’s people. They are apparently a bunch of violent religious fanatics and they have sent a ship here. The Argos is still there, trying to deal with the situation. Leaving us to to handle this ship on our own. I can only hope that these Bajorans will have no contact with our own religious fanatics in Sparta.

Kobol - Athens - Federation Council building - Delegate Hex‘s office

He was the Trill carrier of the Hex symbiot and the Delegate to the Federation Council from Starfleet. So technically, he worked for the Admiral. Yet Adama had done him the courtesy of coming to him.

“Mister Hex, I’ve read Captain Data’s reports of the situation on Bajor,” stated Fleet Admiral Adama. “I’d like to hear your version. What can you tell me about these Bajorans?”

“Well, their civilization was 500,000 years old in the Argos Universe,” began Hex. “I guess that would make them about 400,000 years old in this universe. They’ve had many ups and downs in their history, with unified world governments and dark ages of anarchy several times throughout their history. They are a deeply spiritual people who by my time, had only one single religion, which centered on the worship of some aliens that live in a nearby stable wormhole that leads to the other side of the galaxy. They call the wormhole aliens ‘The Prophets‘ in part, because they do not exist in linear time, and can grant knowledge of what, to us, is the future. There was also a splinter group of the Bajoran Prophets called the ‘Pah Wraiths‘. But no one worshiped them in my time. The Daemons seem to be this universe’s version of the Pah Wraiths. We think the current religious war the Bajorans are going through resulted in the genocide of the followers of the Pah Wraiths in the Argos Universe and without our interference, will have the same result in this universe.”

“And the ones who are coming in this ship of theirs? Are they likely to become violent?” asked Adama.

“I don’t believe so,” replied Hex. “But we should probably avoid the subject of religion or the true nature of their Prophets.”


Kobol Orbit - Talosian ship: Zeus - Bridge

(I am detecting the approach of the Bajorans) thought the Lieutenant in charge of scanning for external presences.

(I feel them,) thought the Captain. (I will alert the Fleet Admiral. Fleet Admiral Adama. The Bajoran ship is approaching. Should we grapple it onto the Zeus?)

(Negative,) thought Adama. (your grapples may tear the sails. Ask them to furl their sails and connect me to Captain Gaeta)

(Yes Admiral,) thought Gaeta.

(The Bajoran ship is approaching,) thought Adama. (Can you see them on DRADIS?)

(Standby, I will check,) thought Gaeta. (. . . That’s a negative. The Bajoran ship does not appear on our DRADIS.)

(Send out a shuttlecraft to tractor them into Galactica’s landing bay) though Adama. (The Talosians will guide the shuttle crew to them.)

Gaeta was relieved when their telepathic communication ended. He didn’t like doing that and much preferred using the wireless. The shuttlecraft was launched, and telepathically guided to the location of the Bajoran ship which, even even without its’ sails, was still going at warp speed. But the shuttlecraft was able to match its’ speed, lock onto it with a tractor beam, and slow it down enough that it could be pulled into the landing bay of the Galactica. The Talosians had to caution them not to open their ship until they were in the pressurized hanger deck. When the Bajorans opened the hatch of their ship, Captain Gaeta was there, along with a squad of MACOS in case the Bajorans got violent.

“I am Captain Gaeta, the Captain of this ship: the Battlestar Galactica. And on behalf of the United Federation of Planets, I welcome you to the Planet Kobol.”

“You . . . you look so Bajoran!” said Kira Zawa.

“If your noses weren’t so smooth I’d think you WERE Bajoran,” agreed Kira Heehoa. “Why did they let a man be in charge here? What happened to your wife?”

“I do not have a wife,” replied Gaeta. “And I earned the right to be in command here. Both genders are treated equally in our society.”

“Well that seems a stupid way to run things,” said Heehoa. “If men are left unsupervised they’ll mate with every woman who wants them.”

“Heehoa! Stop it!” admonished Zawa. “I apologize for my sister. She tends to speak without thinking. But you do look a lot more normal to our eyes than the other Federation people we met.”

“We have many different kinds of people in our Federation,” explained Gaeta. “Some of them look very different than us and you. When peoples meet for the first time, it is important that we check you to make certain that you don’t have any diseases that are harmful to us and that our diseases are not harmful to you. These people will take you to our healer to check your health.”

Geata pointed at the MACOS, reconsidered and had only the female MACOS escort the Bajoran women to Sick Bay.

As he examined the alien women Doctor Sherman Cottle reflected on how much his Sick Bey had improved since the Argos’ engineers had installed all their fancy high tech medical gear. The quality of care he was able to provide was a vast improvement over what he could offer when they were on the run. Now if only these alien women would just stop squirming and trying to grab his ear . . . .

After they had been checked, they were brought to a conference room where Captain Gaeta, Commander Dualla and a couple of female MACOS were already waiting for them. The two of them were gazing at everything in wonder.

“This is like our ship only so much bigger!” marveled Zawa. “We must seem like tiny bugs to you.”

“Actually, although this is our biggest ship, it’s also our most primitive one,” replied Dualla.

“At last we meet the woman in charge!” said Heehoa, as she reached for Dualla’s ear.

The MACOS twitched at that but Gaeta waved them off and she was allowed to hold Dualla’s ear.

“Her Pah is really strong!” said Heehoa after closing her eyes and holding Dualla’s ear for a few seconds.

“Actually, I’m second in command on this vessel,” replied Dualla. “Captain Gaeta is my boss.”

“You serve a man!?!” exclaimed Heehoa. “If he has no woman, does he just mate with any woman that wants him ANY TIME they ask?”

“I suppose he could if he wanted,” agreed Dualla. “But Human men sometimes think about other things besides sex.”

“Thanks!” joked Gaeta.

“What will happen to us?” asked Zawa.

“Well, our other ship is still looking at your world and your people,” explained Gaeta. “Then, we need to map out the Subspace current that got you here and see where it would take you next. If it leads to danger, we can take you back to your world, if it is safe to do so, we could send you off to continue your voyage.”


Kobol - Athens - Federation Council

“I’m telling you genetic manipulation is the road to ruin!” exclaimed Hex, the Delegate from Starfleet.

“But were don’t have a large enough population to be viable without it,” replied Lee ‘Apollo’ Adama, the Delegate from Kobol.

“We have it even worse,” added Doral Five, the Cylon Delegate from Caprica. “We only have 12 individuals, 7 for all practical purposes in our population. Even if we interbreed with the Humans of Kobol, we don’t add enough to make a difference.”

(I do not understand why this is of such concern to you all,) telepathically sent Skora, the Delegate from Talos IV. (We have long had a practice of genetic enhancement to augment our genome. It is how to developed our telepathic abilities and enhanced our intelligence.)

“In the Argos Universe it gave earth, people like Kahn Seng and nearly wiped out life on your world!” protested Hex.

“Obviously we are not going to resolve this issue today,” observed Sokor, the Vulcan Delegate. “It would be more logical to deal with the more pressing issue of the Bajoran visitors. It is my understanding that they have not acquired the requisite technology to be considered exempt from the Prime Directive. We should therefore return them to their home.”

“It was my understanding that they have achieved interstellar space travel and that that was the requirement for First Contact and Federation membership,” protested Scipi, the Delegate from Tarquinus, the planet formerly known as New Caprica. “They have already met that requirement and we should offer them Federation membership.”

“The reports of them sound far too primitive to be allowed to join our Federation,” flashed Žižić, the Medeusan Delegate, with the aid of his translator box. “What will we do when they demand that we use our ships to attack their enemies in their civil war?”

“Then we would refuse,” replied Hex. “Starfleet does not take sides in the internal disputes of the Federation’s members.

“Have you not already done so in taking those deniers of logic into your Federation, as a separate member than us?” asked Sokor.

“We were members first!” gloated Scipi. “Perhaps you should have been brought in as part of us.”

“That is not logical,” retorted Skokor. “The overwhelming majority of our population have accepted the philosophy of logic. We vastly outnumber you.”


Acting Captain’s log, Stardate 57604.6 - It has been a week since Captain Data and his party took the shuttle into the Bajoran Wormhole. Since the wormhole aliens do not understand linear time, their return could be any moment, or centuries from now. While we are waiting, we continue to map out the subspace currents that were too subtle to be noticed before the Bajorans showed us that they could be used for propulsion. We have also been sending landing parties to the surface of Bajor. This has proved to be a dangerous assignment. Three security officers have suffered what would have been mortal wounds without the timely intervention of our medical staff.
Sign up to rate and review this story