Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Tale of the Outcast warrior. Part 1

The Tale of the Outcast Warrior part 8

by Goreleech 0 reviews

The Outcasts and the other Warriors finally reach the Wave. Are they ready?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2022-04-08 - 15865 words - Complete

0Unrated
DAYS UNTAIL WAVE: 6

As the other Warriors were now both homeless in their ruined sector and suffering from the results of Tyler’s lesson with his sister’s corpse still hanging above the gate for all to watch rot. The funny thing about the end of the two days and the beginning of the third? That was the day of the ball. Is et to be held in the Royal Dance hall with the titles of the party’s strongest members read for all to hear. Since Tyler had a few rather sensitive titles, they were to be replaced in the reading with Warrior’s Secret. The party was spending the day prepping for the event, even though Kaori already had her outfit. Tyler that morning had finished the design for his new outfit that he’d both show up to the ball in and roam with as he’d gotten tired of his mere shirt and pants. Tyler left the dinning hall he’d more or less taken as a main hangout point to go see a certain sprite about a new get up. He found Link the Sprite in her shop looking at papers for her shop and she smiled as he walked in.
“Well, well. If it isn’t the outcast. Looking to get her a THIRD dress?”
He smiled and set his design on the counter.
“Not today. This one’s fer ME.”
She blinked and looked at the sketch. She smiled widely as she saw it.
“Oh by the gods. You are going to look so dashing in that! Looking to make a statement tonight?”
He set a mass of high quality black wool, white metal, with some diamonds and sapphires on the counter.
“More looking to make a damned point.”
She looked at the material.
“I can have this ready in two hours.”
“Sounds good. The Ball starts once the sun sinks, right?”
She nodded as she looked at the paper.
“Indeed. I’ll need some measurements.”
He happily let the eager Sprite get her exact measurements before she talked payment.
“This will cost 350 gold.”
He placed 700.
“I’m looking to be the Demon to Kaori’s Goddess.”
She smiled approvingly.
“You will be. ESPECIALLY in this.”
He left her to her work and headed to see a sexy pair of elf twins about a deep soak. The capital city was abuzz with excitement for the royal ball for the Warriors. Shops were either slashing prices or raising prices, guests the realm over were streaming into the city to be a part of it, wagons of food of the highest quality are arriving every ten minutes, and the ballroom was getting a deep cleaning. Tyler got into the tub after laying out the things he’d rock that night. A jar of skin cream that would make his scars softer, some of the hair shampoo he’d given Kaori, high quality body wash to make it seem like he cared, and other such things. The elf twins Goldi and Slivi came in then and all three got right to the task of making the dusty, dirty, blood crusted Outcast a half-way presentable man. The new coat had arrived on an enchanted crest that was his insignia of the black wolf running along a field of bodies with a black dragon flying overhead. Sallie and Sylvia the two spirits were also getting cleaned up by Kaori and her mother Eri so they could pretend to be a part of the ball even in spirit form. Tyler was saddened but was not taking the risk of letting them appear in their physical forms. Tyler l9ooked out the window and smiled as he saw the light die.
“Let’s make a fucking POINT!”

The royal ballroom was easily the size of a entire football field inside a pillared room. The room sitting near the top of the palace with twenty foot tall stained glass windows looking out at the city with various balconies here and there with even better views of the area. The floor was a deep red like Ignatia’s scales, while the walls were the blue of Tempesta. The floor itself was situated at the bottom of a grand staircase that each party of Warriors would stride down for their introductions and to begin the first dance. The high walls had several box seats where party goers could observe the goings on from above while around the rim of the floor was long tables for the Warriors. Plus a head table at the front of the floor which the Royal family would sit at along with any distinguished guests the king gave permission to. As the strongest party with the strongest Warriors, Tyler and the Outcasts would enter LAST. Tyler was wearing his new crest on his heart as kaori had her sapphire enchanted ring ready to make her glorious debut. ALL the party had gotten their glam on. Erica and her two royal daughters wearing long silk dresses decked out in their path colors, Eri in a blazing gown of red that was strapless and tied up behind her neck like a scarf, Ashy in a very pretty gown of grey and silver that made her look like a silver queen, Serafina was in a black gown that clung to her slender frame and added emphasis to her surprisingly large bust, Lily was in a blue and white gown that made her red eyes really POP, Thistle in a dress of red that made the red skinned elf look like she was wearing blood itself, Malico was also in a strapless gown to make her massive rack bounce with ease step. Her long tail poking out through a slit in the back made for catgirls. Lyrica was glammed up in a dress of blue and white, both to make her blood red hair explode but to denote WHO she belonged to. Lucy was also looking good in her fur lined suit that made her look just that much more intimidating. Wulf was in a leaf green suit with his badge of ambassador to the elves on his heart and Vixen was clad in a black dress shot through with streaks of red, blue and white that made her seem to be bleeding lights. Lupa the Wolf spirit and Sasha the Husky had also been given the royal treatment, with Lupa’s white fur shining like snow and Sasha’s grey/white looking like a snow covered mountain. The party were waiting their turn to be announced as the names and titles of the other adventurers were read off.
“Next presenting! Charlotte the Coward. Titles: Horse abuser. That is all.”
Tyler and Kaori smirked as they saw their former teacher limp down the stairs in her usual dusty leathers, her new profession having taken her ability to walk without pain.
“Next presenting, Kazuma the Honorless. Titles. Scale Tipper. Dragon Silencer. That is all.”
Tyler smiled as he saw that Kazuma had donned his golden scale armor as he’d bought it before getting cast out of the royal family.
“I guess his other titles were stripped as well.”
A runner came over to Tyler then. Tyler leaned in to hear the boy’s words.
“The King says it’s ready.”
Tyler smiled widely as he slipped him five gold.
“Good lad.”
Kaori looked at him curiously.
“What’s ready Tyler?”
He smiled at her.
“You’ll see.”
She gulped as Eri looked at Erica.
“She’s right. That IS fucking terrifying.”
The queen knew the plan and smiled sweetly.
“I bet it’s something truly special.”
The announcing went on until.
“Now presenting the last party. Titles first. Dragon friend to Tempesta the Sky king, Ignatia the Fire Dragon King, Leviathan the Sea queen, Glacious the Crystal, Furiosa the Nature dragon Queen, Peerless tactician, Lich’s bane times nine, Demonslayer, Demon’s bane, dragonslayer times 6, Holy Muse, Holy adventurer, Scale Balancer, Champion to the Elves, Champion to the people, Warrior’s Council, Warrior’s Runner, Guild avenger, Guild champion, Champion of Minus, Champion of Atrocity, Lover of Minus, Lover of Vulpix, Legendary adventurer, Dragon heart, Friend of the Realm, Warrior’s secret times five, Wolf tamer, Horse Friend, Wandering Healer, Champion of Death. Please welcome the Strongest warrior and his party: TYLER THE OUTCAST!”
Tyler and his party strode into view as the ballroom went wild.
“Outcast! Outcast! Outcast!”
Tyler and Kaori looked at each other at the top of the stairs as they hesitated a second.
“Why Kaori, you can’t stride into a royal ball looking like THAT.”
She smiled prettily with just a hint of embarrassment.
“Oh my, Tyler! You’re right! Whatever shall I do?”
He chuckled.
“I wonder? Surely you have a trick or two up your sleeve?”
The ballroom could TASTE something was coming, and were waiting with baited breath as not even Ishtar had any idea what they were talking about. Kaori went into deep thought.
“Hmm, there is the dresses you designed for me. Here, I just need to change.”
She tapped her sapphire ring and the roiling blue ocean wave was seen, getting oohhs and awwws from the crowd before a collective gasp was seen as her ocean themed blue and red dress was seen on her. She sighed.
“That’s better!”
Every lady in attendance was seen to go purple with envy at the beautiful dress she now wore, and the men were openly gaping at the scene she cut in it. She looked to her escort.
“Shall we My love?”
He smiled,
“You look beautiful, alas now I’M the one not properly dressed. Here, allow me.”
He reached to the crest and twisted it like a doorknob. He was then encased in a black wave of roiling water before his new outfit was seen. Where before he was clad in dusty brown and green leather riding clothes, he was now garbed in a coat of deepest black. He wore boots that had merged with his blue gear to give him the sharp treads and the boosts, but were a deep black along with his pants. On his hands were spike black fingerless gloves that concealed his sapphire gear. The coat dropped to his knees and ended at his wrist. All his swords and weaponry was still seen on his back as the collar rose up over his cheek giving him an intimidating appearance. He smiled as his new gear was situated and the ladies of the ball AND his party gasped in awe at the new, dark image he presented in his cloak of night.
“Now that’s I look HALF as good as you do, shall we crash this party, my love?”
He bowed gallantly offering his hand to the stunned Kaori. She smiled widely as she took his hand,
“NOW you look like the Tyler we all love and they fear. Let’s.”
The lovers strode onto the floor as the attendees were all gaping at the image they cut. Kaori in her gown of blue and red, and Tyler in his coat of black. Ishtar stood to address the ball. The ruler resplendent in a fur cloak and mantle with a Magicite broadsword in his fist he waved as a scepter.
“Ladies and gentlemen. Warriors and Outcasts. Tonight we honor the Outcast party as they will see us through the waves. The rest of you? Enjoy the show. Tyler The Outcast. Step forward. We have a certain matter we must address before the realm.”
Tyler smiled at Kaori before walking to stand before the king. The now nervous blonde watched as Thorn the elven maid came up bearing a crown of black spikes with a deep blue and white crystal pyramid set into the center came walking forward with Axe in a black suit with a second, covered item. The King smiled proudly as he looked at Tyler.
“As strange as it will seem to you, I must ask you take a knee.”
Tyler drew Gleipnir and planted it in the stone of the floor.
“Just this once. Well, I DO think I’ll be able to handle it for another special occasion. I’m sure Kaori understands.”
She blinked for a second, then smiled proudly as every lady cheered the bold play as Tyler knelt with his hands on his sword hilt before the king. The king took the black spiked crown and lifted it into view of the entire room.
“Tyler the Outcast. For your service to the realm, even if you may HATE the white knight bullshit, I reward you with the title of Second Prince of Vernillion. This is your crown of spikes.”
The ballroom was deathly silent at this revelation as the crown was placed on Tyler’s head. Tyler frowned at the foreign weight on his brow as Ishtar stepped back with a twinkling in his eye.
“Do you have any words?”
Tyler rose frowned.
“Yeah. I hate this thing already. It DOES come off, right?”
The room, except for the stunned Warriors, lost it at his tone of discomfort. Ishtar just shook his head.
“Tap the gem in the center.”
Tyler did, and the three inch crown became a band of black metal spikes engrained on his forehead. He looked at his reflection in his sword blade and smiled widely.
“Oh now THAT I like! I look like I’m wearing freaking razor wire! That’s awesome! Oh. This ain’t right.”
The king took the cue and smiled.
“Oh? Whatever could be the problem? It not fit?”
Tyler had a look of someone realizing the puzzle they’d been working on for a week straight was missing a piece.
“It fits fine. Just feel like I’m missing something here.”
He looked at the covered pillow in Axe’s hand. Then he smiled.
“Ahhh! Now I know what I’m missing.”
Tyler looked at Kaori and smiled.
“I’m missing my princess.”
She gasped in utter shock as she realized what the second pillow had. Tyler was smiling widely as Ishtar looked to the lady.
“I do believe you’re correct, Tyler the Outcast Prince. Lady Kaori, please if you’d step forward.”
She did, with trembling steps and her hands clasped to her breast like she was praying as she stood beside the love of her life before the king. Tyler got the nod and moved to the pillow a now smirking Axe lifted to him.
“Kaori. Words cannot express just how must you mean to me. Yet, I am going to do my damndest to try.”
He took the cloth off and revealed a crown of red gold that seemed to be on fire in the flickering torch light. In the center was a ring of spiked black dragon scale holding a red, white, and blue heart shaped crystal inside the spikes with a set of demon wings enshrouding it in a protective embrace. Tyler took the thing up as Kaori was on the verge of crying from the moment and the love she felt for the man holding it.
“Kaori. I love you. With everything I am. You were always there for me, even in my darkest times and deepest pits of despair you were my light in the darkness. I was able to survive because I had you there beside me, always supporting me, always helping me, always loving me. Now.”
He walked to stand in front of her as he lifted the crown over her head.
“Now. It is MY turn to support you the way you’ve been supporting me all these years. Whatever this world can throw at us will NOT tear us apart. We will face the waves head on hand in hand. We will walk out the other side hand in hand. I love you, kaori. With everything I am. So, let’s raise hell the only way the Outcast prince and his Outcast Princess can.”
He placed the crown on her brow as his appeared.
“TO US!”
She was right there with him.
“TO US!”
They kissed their like they had in the hot spring that very first time as the water fall of applause and cheers showered them from the guests and their friends as Eri wiped tears from her green eyes as she leaned on Erica’s shoulder.
“Way to go Kaori. I feel like we just witnessed a wedding ceremony.”
Erica hugged her friend.
“That’s EXACTLY what that was Eri. Tyler just married that girl in front of us all. Now, all they need is to just go through the motions.”
Tyler was holding Kaori tightly now, and she smiled.
“I do.”
He smiled and held her the tighter.
“I do.”
Ishtar smiled as well.
“You may kiss the princess.”
They did kiss as Eri and Erica blinked.
“Holy shit. That WAS the wedding ceremony!”
“That weaselly, romantic, bastard! He set this up to STEAL a ROYAL BALL FOR HER wedding!”
Tyler reached into a pocket on his coat and pulled two golden bands. Kaori smiled as she led him place the wedding band on her finger before she placed it on his. The ball guests were losing their minds at the multitude of surprises that had just been thrown at them as Tyler hugged his wife with all his heart. Kaori was outright crying now as she felt the ring conform to her finger perfectly.
“I love you! I love you, Tyler!”
He smiled as he snuggled into her hug.
“I love you too, Kaori.”
She kissed him again before the first dance started. Tyler twirling Kaori around the floor like a top as the lovers danced as husband and wife for the very first time. Eri felt her heart swell with pride as she watched her daughter and her husband.
“Oh Gruven. I wish you could see this.”
She felt a warm, familiar presence envelope her and she smiled as she could nearly hear her former lover.
“And what made you think I’d miss this? Eh Barbie?”
She smiled.
“Of course you’d see your son at his wedding. Typical jackass.”
Tyler and Kaori were unaware of this as they danced together, utterly alone in their own little world. Lily looked at Sera sighing.
“Well. I lost that fight. Bastard.”
Tyler and Kaori kissed again before looking right at a LIVID Kazuma standing next to his father.
“in YO FACE!”
The newly wedded couple’s simultaneous taunt made the room bust up laughing as Kazuma went berserk at the knowledge he’d never have Kaori now, even though they were twin brother and sister. The boy surged forward stabbing with his spear as Tyler and Kaori kissed right there in front of him most lovingly, ignoring the fact his spear was stopped by the ancient spell that prevented Warriors from attacking each other at the ball. The lovers looked at his rage and huffed. Tyler speaking first.
“Can you NOT? I’m trying to kiss me WIFE.”
Kaori was right there with the huff.
“Same? I’m trying to kiss me HUSBAND.”
The room laughed as Kazuma stabbed at them repeatedly in a blind rage as Tyler and kaori started dancing again, then Tyler smiled.
“Happy birthday kaori.”
She gasped happily.
“You remembered? Pff. Of COURSE you remembered. AND kept track.”
He kissed her again.
“I love you.”
She smiled on reflex.
“I love you.”
Ishtar smiled as he finished the ceremony.
“I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride.”
He did kiss her as the ladies lost it to the utter surprise and romantic scene as Kazuma was beyond reasoning as he tried to desperately kill the boy that had taken everything from him in his mind, his titles, his devotion, his position, hell he’d even taken his delusions and his fantasies as well. Tyler and Kaori paid him no mind as the couple sat at the head table in the seats of honor as Kazuma was disarmed by knights. Eri sat on Kaori’s other side as Wulf Tyler’s other side. The party took seats and Eri looked at the proudly smiling boy.
“Just how long you been planning THAT?”
He smiled at her.
“Since I first heard of the ball, Eri.”
Lillia blinked.
“I TOLD him about the ball nearly three months ago! You’ve sitting on that for that long?”
He kissed Kaori again.
“I love her. Least I could do was make it epic.”
Kaori smiled as well.
“I’ve been expecting some surprise wedding ceremony for a few weeks now. Be the kinda outright insane stunt you’d pull.”
Tyler chuckled as he placed his ringed hand on hers.
“I WAS hoping to get a trumpet of dragon roars and a fireworks display fo flames. But, maybe Christmas.”
There was a whoosh of air from outside and Tyler smiled.
“Hey, let’s go dance on the balcony, Kaori!”
She laughed as they went out onto the grand balcony as a loud bellow from every dragon Tyler and kaori were friends with was heard as the newlywed couple danced under a night sky lit up for miles by dragon flame they themselves added flames too. Tyler smiled as he saw the flames.
“I owe them BIG time.”
Kaori laughed at that as the dragons were seen flying in the sky above for their own tribute to the lovers. Tyler and Kaori danced in their own world until her stomach rumbled. He smiled as he kissed her.
“Sure.”
They walked in laughing to retake their seats as their goblets were filled and the room fell silent for his wedding speech. Tyler chuckled.
“Ya looking for another speech?”
The room chuckled as Tyler looked at Kaori.
“I’m married to Kaori. What else can I say? The wave is in five days, we’ll kill everything that is NOT a friend, Kaori’s beautiful and Lily still scares me.”
The elf girl smiled as the room laughed.
“I still have a chance kaori. Don’t get TOO cozy.”
Tyler chuckled fondly.
“See? I’ve got goddesses as wives as well, Malico and Lyrica too. Even that beauty of a sprite there.”
“Love you too!”
The room laughed at that. Tyler chuckled.
“I’ve got lovers in the upper realms, in me party, and wives of a few races as well. Yet, now I’m married to kaori. This world may have the upper realms that are home to the gods and goddesses of this world. But right here? Beside her? That’s MY heaven.”
He raised the goblet of wine.
“I love Kaori with all my heart and soul. AND I DARE ANYTHING TO TRY OUR HAPPINESS FROM US!”
“To the Outcast Prince and Princess!”
The wine was drank and the feast was on as Kaori kissed him again. Eri was once again impressed.
“Dude, the hell? How long you been practicing that?”
Tyler smiled.
“I don’t HAVE to practice Eri. Those words are what is inside my heart, and they still do not do my feelings justice.”
The blonde mother just slumped.
“Take notes my ass. That bastard set the bar for men everywhere.”
Erica patted her friend reassuringly.
“There, there Eri. Least Kaori’s first husband is a REAL man.”
That got a laugh from the other ladies as the food was wheeled out. Kaori just shook her head as most of the dishes in front of her were her favorites from Lectis.
“You bastard. Let me guess. No notes?”
He smiled as they started eating.
“Nope.”
Tyler smiled as he looked around at the gathered faces, and smiled as he noticed how sullen the other Warriors were as the ball that was meant to shower THEM in attention was utterly stolen by Tyler’s wedding stunt. He then noticed an excited ruby come up to the table with an open interface.
“May we get the first interview with the newlyweds?”
Kaori and Tyler looked at each other.
“I’m cool if you are.”
She smiled.
“Sure.”
Ruby smiled as she looked at Tyler.
“Tyler the outcast prince. How long did the preparations for this lavish ceremony take?”
He chuckled.
“all of three months. Been planning this for her since I first told her I loved her.”
Kaori just shook her head.
“He does that. Once he gets an idea for me he ramps it up to an extreme.”
Ruby jotted it down and looked at him.
“So just YOU and the KING new the plan, correct?”
Tyler smiled again.
“He learned the plan three days ago. Be amazed what can be done in that time frame.”
That got a laugh from the party as Ruby had a last question
“So, what’s you plan after the wave?”
He looked at her,
“This coming one, or them in general?”
she smiled.
“Both please.”
“After this wave we’ve got a few things to take care of. After the entire wave bullshit?”
He placed a warm hand on Kaori’s belly.
“I’m afraid I’ve got a prior commitment.”
Every lady got THAT silent declaration loud and clear, as the water fall of applause showed as Kazuma was once again enraged to blindness as his father just slumped.
“My perfect daughter. Married to gutter trash and is ready to have MORE gutter trash kids-ARGGH!”
Tyler had the man by the throat in a blind fury as he planted him against a pillar with a ferocious force that shook the room. Craig’s table had been no less then fifty meters from Tyler’s table, and he had crossed the space in a mere breath as Kaori gulped.
“Oh shit. Tyler figured out how to get around the spell.”
Tyler looked the man in the eyes with his enraged Demon’s Glare.
“Speak of MY family like that again old bastard and you will scream for years.”
Craig snorted, failing to heed the ice in the man’s voice.
“Pff. You may be able to touch me, but you can’t hurt me thanks to the spell.”
Kaori just sighed.
“Tyler? Can you just kill him please? I’d like my wedding night to NOT have tortured screams in it.”
“out the window he goes!”
That got a laugh as Tyler walked over to the nearest Balcony and hefted the now screaming man to throw him,
“Hey, Tyler.”
He looked over to see Eri come striding out. Soon as he saw her he gasped.
“Erica? What the hell? Why are YOU here?”
Eri smiled.
“I’m the Fireball. Ya know legendary badass adventurer bitch.”
Tyler kissed her.
“Plus a helluva lady.”
That got him another kiss.
“What a man. Marries his dream girl, only to steal kisses of her hot MILF mom?”
He chuckled.
“Can you blame me? She’s gorgeous and you a hottie too.”
She shrugged.
“That’s fair.”
Craig was gaping at his ex wife.
“No wonder Kaori’s such a mess. Her mother’s a predator that fucks mere boys!”
Tyler lowered the man and Eri kicked him in the balls.
“Tyler’s bigger and better in bed.”
Tyler laughed as he threw the screaming man from the balcony. He soared out three hundred feet before dropping like a stone to the ground 1500 feet below. Tyler and Eri whistled in appreciation.
“Nice bird impression.”
“Right? Feel bad for the poor bastard that has to clean that mess up.”
“Let’s go bask in Kaori’s presence again.”
“Dude. The hell?”
They walked in and the other Warriors had taken the hint to just shut up. Well. Except for Kazuma.
“He just killed a man in cold blood! Where’s his punishment?! That were me I’d be strung up in that cage again!”
Ishtar looked at Tyler.
“I see you’re a real man.”
Tyler smiled.
“Never fuck with my family.”
That got him another round of applause as Ishtar smiled.
“I rule his killing…..fair play. You insult a man’s family you deal with the consequences.”
The natives to Lectis laughed as Kazuma sneered.
“Still a puppet king. Whatever Ishtar-“
“It’s KING ISHTAR TO YOU BOY! Only the outcasts call me by my name as they’ve earned the privilege. You have earned another round in the cage. I trust you know the way.”
The knights dragged the ranting boy away to his SECOND round of public humiliation as Tyler and Kaori fed on Lisk and royal hemlock tea with spurts of dancing between courses. Tyler smiled as he got an idea.
“Hey, make some room. I got an idea.”
The room replied fondly.
“Oh shit here we go.”
Tyler walked out in his black coat to pull his glowing double bladed sapphire staffsword. Kaori smiled widely.
“Oh I’m joining this dance!”
She pulled her ruby katana and it too glowed. Tyler smiled at his wife.
“Like we used to?”
She took her stance.
“Let’s see if we still remember the steps. Let’s dance.”
“I’ll lead.”
Tyler twirled his staff sword at Kaori as she wove around with her katana in a dance of whirling blue mixed with streaking fire clad in deep black all on a backdrop of red and blue. The room watched mesmerized as Tyler and Kaori danced with glowing blades in a dizzying display of grace, agility, speed and dexterity. Eri looked with tears in her eyes at the table.
“Please, is someone recording this?”
Erica pointed to a balcony, also in tears at the display.
“They are. Since this was a royal wedding as well, there were recording crystals everywhere.”
Eri hugged her as the speed and tempo of the dance picked up.
“I better get a copy dammit.”
Tyler and Kaori were dancing with their blades smiling with pride the entire time. The dance ended with Tyler and Kaori eye to eye with their weapons behind them.
“I love you, Kaori the Outcast Princess.”
“I love you, Tyler the Outcast Prince.”
They kissed as the crowd applauded the spectacle they had just witnessed. Tyler got a particular look from Kaori and smiled.
“Yes, my love.”
They put their weapons away and left the now laughing ball room hand in hand as the party continued without the lovers. They locked their bed chamber door and he set his defense spells in place as Kaori stripped to the skin.
“I love you, Tyler.”
He joined her in her nakedness and they got into the bed.
“I love you, Kaori.”
She smiled as he slid into her warm grove.
“I love it. It was everything I dreamt it would.”
He kissed her.
“I tried to make it special. I’m glad I got it right.”
They made love together like they had their very first time together for the next few hours before laying in the bed, Kaori happily resting her head on her husband’s chest. Her new ring making her smile.
“Best sex yet.”
He chuckled as he stroked her hair.
“Happy to please my lovely WIFE.”
She kissed him.
“Happy to make my HUSBAND happy.”
Sallie and Sylvia appeared in their shell form to cuddle with their parents.
“That was amazing daddy!”
“Yeah! Kaori looked beautiful! YOU looked dangerous!”
Sallie took her spot on his chest as Sylvia was cradled in between them. Kaori smiled as she looked at him.
“Be honest. Did you rip off Kirito’s look?”
He chuckled.
“Kinda. I’ve got an idea for a flaming red jacket as well.”
She just laughed.
“it fucking WORKS for you. The Black Swordsmen. Yeah that’s you in a title.”
He chuckled.
“Actually. I love the ring of The Outcast Prince.”
Sallie had stars in her blue eyes.
“It sounds sooo romantic! Tyler the Outcast prince and Kaori the Outcast Princess!”
The couple hugged their girls warmly.
“We’re the Outcast family. Comes with the territory.”
That got a laugh as Kaori yawned.
“That’s the bell. Good night, kaori. I love you.”
She closed her eyes.
“I love you too, Tyler.”
“Good night girls. I love you too.”
“Good night, mommy, daddy. We love you too.”

DAYS UNTIL WAVE: 5


Tyler opened his eyes to see Kaori sleeping beside him. I FINALLY married Kaori! Holy shit I really did! He looked down to see Sallie and Sylvia cuddled together between them. Cute. He kissed Kaori awake and she smiled.
“Good morning, my husband.”
He smiled.
“Good morning my wife.”
The girls giggled.
“Good morning, mommy and daddy.”
They hugged hard before getting a good bath. Tyler sighed and switched gears from bliss to war party leader. Okay. Next 4 days we do hard battle prep. Arrows, spears, potions, spells the lot. Day three is the wave. He went to the dining hall ate a hearty breakfast as the rest of the party filtered in. Wulf came over and clapped him on the shoulder,
“Congratulations. That was a helluva surprise wedding.”
Tyler clasped the elven ranger’s hand.
“I don’t believe in good enough, remember? How was the rest of the ball?”
Wulf chuckled as he sat next to him.
“Boring by comparison. Most of the other Warriors got drunk and started fights that carried out into the street. We were more or less ignored since even Lily’s stronger then their strongest Warrior.”
“She git her due?”
Wulf smiled.
“Lily walked up to each of the three as we were leaving and hit them each in gems with her hammer so hard they lifted off their feet!”
“I’ll hug the hell outta her.”
Lily came in next and hopped up to sit beside him. She sighed as she looked at him.
“Okay, Tyler. That was an awesome wedding.”
He hugged her hard.
“Still love you too, Lily.”
She smiled as she hugged him back.
“Yay.”
He patted her,
“I heard ya did a spot of nutcrackin after the show.”
She smiled widely.
“I ruined their gems.”
“That’s me favorite Shield elf!”
She laughed as Wulf shook his head.
“Nicely put.”
The rest of the party came in and took seats, Kaori to his right. Tyler nodded.
“We got two days to fill any and all gaps in our gear and equipment. The order of the day is battle prep. Eri, Erica, Lyrica. This is the first wave. What are we walking into?”
The wave veterans nodded, and Eri played spokesmen.
“Mostly plains monsters. Hill giants, plains giants, twisted creatures native to the wave, a few demons, the wave boss, orcs, goblins, and the like.”
“Numbers a base?”
“bare in mind the numbers will be higher. That said? Several hundred thousand at least.”
Tyler wrote the numbers on a piece of paper.
“We’ll get a new arrow and spear crystal. Best guess for the battlefield?”
“Most likely the flat plains you fought the two lich kings. That or a large flat plain.”
“Not liking this already. Okay, we’re looking at a war of attrition right out the gate.”
He wrote the info done and nodded.
“So we’re looking to kill upwards of half a million creatures on flat ground with 20 people. Sounds like fun.”
They smiled.
“How much stronger are they usually?”
Lyrica answered now.
“About two fold. But that got bumped to six fold. So a mere goblin is as strong as an ogre.”
“Sweet Minus I am loving these odds. I might use the roar again. Only question is IF.”
He sat back in his chair before looking at Lyrica.
“What about spell scrolls? Can I, a white path cast a black spell that way?”
She shook her blood haired head.
“Sadly not. A good idea though. Scrolls ARE a viable option, but not to that extreme.”
“We’ll load up on healing scrolls. We have gold. Let’s make it work. This is going to be a defensive battle in it’s entirety. Erica, Lycan and myself will raise walls of water and ice to funnel the creatures to us. I can raise walls 75 feet high at this point. Erica? Lycan?”
The queen answered first.
“My best is 55 feet.”
Lycan sighed.
“Alas, Alpha, my height be a mere 45 feet.”
Tyler nodded.
“Then you’re our designated flattener. You have water fall?”
“I do Pack master.”
“Our survival depends on our walls. Until I find the wave boss and kill it that is how we’ll survive. Malico.”
She perked up.
“Need me?”
“Love you too. You once told me green handles earthen wall spells. Right?”
She smiled.
“They do. I do not have the Licenses yet.”
“All green paths load up on wall spells. If they have a flattener follow up get that too. Ashy, Wulf.”
“Yeah?”
“I want the two of you to handle the arrows and thrown spear numbers for the party. We’re going to see Burlock for more dragon scale arrows and spears. We got the scales. Let’s put em to use. Wink, Lyrica.”
“What’s our role?”
“We’re raiding your shops first. Wink, put those Spritely charms to work in the markets for the best rare spells and scrolls you can find.”
She laughed as she kissed him.
“I’ll need a filling at some point today.”
Tyler smiled.
“I think I know a few ladies that can feed you Wink. I’ve kinda got a lot to do today. Minus? Vulpix?”
Wink blinked out of sight as the two goddesses kidnapped her for a good round in the sheets. Tyler looked at Vixen next.
“I want you to assist Lyrica with the spells Vixen.”
She nodded.
“I will.”
Tyler next looked to Serafina.
“I want you to team up with Lillia and find as many weapon poisons as you can. Mostly for arrows. I want every arrow fired to be a death shot even if it merely scratches a creature.”
They nodded and he looked at Lucy.
“You and Thistle see about some good pikes and long spears for a spear wall. Afterwards seek out sword and axe skills.”
“Aye lad. A wily plan.”
Tyler looked at Eri.
“You join Wink on the market run. Erica will join once she’s loaded up on more blue defense spells”
She smiled.
“Agreed. You?”
He looked at Lily.
“Me an Lily will head for Burlock’s shop for our mass arrow and spear order, then bounce between members and tasks. Kaori is with Lucy and Thistle on skill hunting. Plus I want you to keep a close eye on the horses. Sera help Wulf and Ashy on the arrows.”
All heads nodded. He looked to Lupa next.
“You stay close to Lillia. Sasha to sera.”
the wolf and husky nodded as Tyler placed bags on 500 gold in front of each member.
“You need more whistle. Annnd….BREAK!”
The party went to their tasks with a will as Tyler took Lily to see Burlock. The small elven girl would also look over field smithing skills for mid fight repairs. They found the burly man in his shop as another customer walked out. He laughed as he saw Tyler walk in.
“Congratulations Tyler! Ya landed yerself a fine lass an no mistake!”
The scarred man clasped hands with Burlock as Lily went right fort he skills.
“Kaori’s the best Burlock. Best part? Absolute surprise to her.”
He chuckled.
“That was a ball that will go down in the books as a legend maker. Now, what brings you into me shop this morning after?”
“Okay, first off? Nice one. Second, I’m keeping that one.”
The smith laughed.
“And third?”
“Arrows and throwing spears. We got two days battle prep. So, I want as many arrows and spears as we can get in that time frame.”
Burlock nodded.
“A wise strategy. I suppose the material be dragon scale?”
“Yup. We’ve got close to 750 scales now. Plus enough storage for close to 500,000 shafts and hafts.”
Burlock took out some paper.
“How many you thinking?”
“Arrows? 250,000. Spears? 150,000.”
Burlock laughed.
“Of course you are. Okay, that be ready in 5 hours if I use a few skills this time. For that many I’d need 50 scales of good quality.”
Tyler placed a hundred of various colors. Burlock nodded.
“Agreed. Now, the cost be 150 gold.”
Tyler paid and Burlock smiled.
“I’ll throw in a crystal that holds 500,000 shafts and hafts.”
Tyler nodded as Lily came over.
“I got a few field smithing skills that decrease worktime.”
He nodded again.
“Good. I’m expecting a protracted battle here Lily. If that boss spawns LAST we’re looking at a helluva fight. Least with that many creatures we can make walls with their bodies.”
That got a laugh from the older smith.
“A wily move an no mistake. Okay, Tyler. I’ll get to work.”
“As will we.”
Tyler and Lily left the shop and Lily smiled at his attire.
“I love the black coat on you, Tyler. Makes you look like a black knight or something.”
He smiled as he walked.
“Thanks Lily. I loved the way this looked in a show I saw once. Dude wearing it was a badass with a far too kind heart for the dark work he had to do.”
She smiled.
“Sounds like another version of you. It on that?”
“It is. We’ll check it out sometime.”
“Yay.”
The next stop was Lyrica’s magic shop. The busty succubus was looking at various spells and scrolls with Vixen as he walked in. He smiled at the small stack on the counter thus far.
“You’re looking good ladies.”
They smiled as Lyrica gestured to the pile.
“We’ve got a few good defensive green spells, some ice wall scrolls, a rather potent holy care scroll, and a few more spell books. Is it worth adding a adding staffs to the pile?”
Tyler crossed his arms.
“I’d say for you and Vixen. I’ve got a new staff for Eri I’ve been meaning to give to her. Since you two rarely draw your other weapons a staff works best.”
They smiled at that and added a pair of high quality red and black staffs to the pile. Tyler poked the black staff outta curiosity and got a mild burn.
“Huh. Nifty.”
Lily sighed.
“Startin to think ya might be a masochist.”
He laughed.
“I’ve wondered that myself a time or two. Okay, next up is the market.”
Lily smiled.
“I’ll keep an eye out.”
The duo headed for the black market and he brought Lily RIGHT to Kirya’s stall. The busty Leezard smiled as he walked in with the now gaping in admiration Lily.
“Tyler! You came to visit! And you brought me a pretty elf too?”
He kissed her lovingly.
“That’s Lily. She’s looking to get you and the coin.”
Lily hugged him as Kirya took the small elven girl into her home.
“Love you too, Lily.”
Tyler looked at the HUD as Lily got in Kirya.
“This Morning in Vernillion. Ladies. The Outcast has married Kaori. You read that right. The lovers tied the knot last night at none other then the Warrior’s ball! Tyler hijacked the lavish occasion for his wedding to the beautiful blonde as a surprise birthday gift! HE even had a dress made for her and a black coat for him ready made! Tyler’s wedding will be sung of for centuries for many reasons, from the utter surprise of the ceremony, to his dance with kaori as they wielded gem weaponry alight with their paths. The entire spectacle was recorded for the ages and if you are not moved to tears by Tyler’s impassioned love speech, the dance of lights from their weapons, or the sheer joy on their faces, then reader? You’re dead inside. Even the dragons paid tribute with roars and flames for the union! But, that was not all that took place that night, for King Ishtar crowned Tyler the Outcast Prince! That’s correct reader, Tyler was named Second prince of Vernillion! Tyler just took it with his usual grumble as the gilded cage of kingship is NOT in his cards. Tyler was crowned a prince, and he crowned Kaori his Outcast princess. Name a better love story, reader I dare you. From mere wanted murderers, to Outcast prince and princess husband and wife! A few attendees were NOT happy with then proceedings, namely Kazuma the Honorless and Craig the pancake.”
“Ha! I am hugging Ruby the next time I see her!”
“Criag the Pancake made the fatal mistake of insulting the newlywedded Outcast’s family in earshot. His response? He threw him from the ballroom balcony. The remains of the man had to be washed under the force of a water wizard! Kazuma was blinded by his selfish jealousy for everything Tyler is, and by the fact he’s now married to the woman Kazuma only WISHES he could talk to, and tried to stab the dancing couple as they shared their first dance together. The idiot was so blinded by fury he didn’t notice the ancient spell in place keeping his weapon from the still happily dancing couple. Kazuma then started whining after Craig met the wrath of a husband defending his family crying. The Honorless complaining that Tyler just killed a man and got no punishment. Yet if it were HIM, he’d get another round in the cage! Well, Ishtar in his wisdom, and occasional hilarity, ruled the killing as fair play due to Tyler’s defending of his family’s honor. Kazuma didn’t get the hint and is now spending another stint in the cage. Tyler and kaori entertained their wedding guests for a while longer before retiring to their bedchambers. Good for them. Queen Willow made a statement regarding the wedding.
“Looks like me girl lost that fight. Well, I’m happy for you two. Just keep me girl happy too.”
The Outcasts are running around the city with a grocery list, and it would seem that full battle prep is the order of the day in the Outcast camp.”
Tyler closed the HUD as Lily came out with a happily satisfied Kirya. Lily smiled as she hugged him.
“I love you too.”
He kissed the Leezard and she laughed.
“She LOVES them. I’d be happy to spend more time with the pretty elf.”
“Oh she’ll be back Kirya. I’d have joined you, but she’s a little TOO small for proper fun.”
She nodded.
“A most wise and kind choice. She’s got her own coin now. Take care in the wave.”
He kissed her again.
“You take care of those scales.”
She smiled as he walked off with Lily. The elven smith smiled.
“So. Kirya eh?”
He chuckled.
“She’s nice ain’t she?”
Lily nodded.
“Plus bigger then Malico. I loved them.”
The pair walked into wink’s shop to see the woozy sprite fluttering about with Erica and Eri looking at spells. Tyler smiled as he saw the blonde mother.
“Eri, c’mere a sec.”
She walked over curious.
“What’s up?”
He pulled her new staff out and she gasped.
“That’s a high staff of flame! It boosts red path AND the white!”
He gave it to her smiling.
“How’s THAT do ye?”
She kissed him warmly.
“Thanks. I’ve been looking for a good dual staff. No luck though.”
He patted her as he looked around.
“So, anything good? Besides you Vixen?”
The busty black mage smiled.
“A few defense spells, some spell books, and a rather large pile of scrolls.”
“Keep at it ladies. Wink, c’mere a sec.”
The sex woozy sprite came fluttering over, only to get a warm kiss.
“Love you too, Wink. Sorry I don’t have the time to feed you today.”
She smiled as she hugged him.
“I get it. Just feed me soon.”
He stroked her soft wings.
“I will. Once the wave passes we’re back on the road headed south. Plenty of time to feed you.”
She smiled.
“I’ll be sure to be nice and hungry.”
Tyler kissed her again before heading off to check of Wulf and the two girls at the archery shop. Lily staying behind with Eri and the others to help look for spells and skills in the markets. Tyler walked in to see Ashy looking at an arrow crystal with Wulf.
“How’s it looking?”
She passed him the thing.
“Holds 150,000 shafts. We can fill it half way from our pouches alone. Wondering if it’s worth getting.”
He looked at the grey prism.
“More arrows we have the better.”
Sera came over with a few skills.
“These are all multi shots.”
“Good find Sera. More arrows in the air at once the better.”
She smiled as Tyler looked at Wulf.
“I got Burlock making our new batch. I’m off to see Lucy next.”
“We’ll keep at it.”
The Outcast headed to the nearby sword shop. He smiled as he saw the small stack of skills on the counter as he spotted Lucy looking at the large box of certificates.
“Find anything decent?”
The hulking barbarian smiled.
“Aye lad, a few more slashers, more speed attacks for your wife. Well played that.”
“Thank you. Any that effect a wide area?”
Thistle spoke from another box.
“I’ve got one for that demon sword.”
He walked over to the blood skinned blood dancer. She passed him the certificate.
“Great smash? Uses strength and when the blade is slammed into the ground, causes an earthquake based on the welders strength. Allies are unaffected. Yikes. That’s a nasty one. I love it.”
She grinned as she passed him another.
“This adds force to each impact.”
“Radial Splatter? Oh I love that image. Uses strength to make enemies splatter on impact or when combined with another AOE skill. Yikes Thistle. I can easily clear a camp of giants out with that combo alone. Anything else?”
She smiled.
“Still looking. We’ll let you know.”
He nodded and that was how the day was spent. Every member of the party looking at everything they had for holes, gaps, and how to reinforce their existing strategies. That night they sat in the dining hal;l going over the battle plan thus far. Tyler was using his map as he pointed out the likely area.
“We’re going to have to build fortifications with magic and whatever the ground gives us. My plan right from the get go is make a mass funnel to make getting at us harder. Best case? We have their forces split between OUR party and the other idiots. As soon as our feet touch dirt we mount up and break from the pack. We stay near the other Warriors we die.”
Eri nodded.
“They’re hopelessly under leveled for a fight like this.”
Tyler looked at Kaori.
“Keep an eye on the horses Kaori. Especially after the teleport.”
She smiled.
“I got this.”
“Just wanted you to brag Love.”
She smiled with pride now as he looked at Sera.
“You and Lily are at a massive disadvantage here3 Sera. Mostly due to size and strength, so. I want you behind the walls period with that bow. We have plenty of arrows for you to show off with. Lily.”
She looked up.
“I want you in the shadow of say Erica or myself. We’re attacking in staggered patterns. Serafina, Malico, you two dagger ladies try NOT to get pinned against a wall.”
They smiled at that as Tyler nodded.
“Alright. Tomorrow’s a rundown on our skills. Pick a partner and do some sparring.”
The party nodded again.
“Alright. That’s all I got tonight. Kaori. Shall we?”
She laughed and they played hard that night before sleeping deeply. Kaori wrapped up hard in his arms.

DAYS UNTIL WAVE; 4

The next morning Tyler had his twin short swords out and was sparring with Kaori and Erica two on one. He was holding the pair off easily while Lucy and Thistle went at each other greatsword to axe. Tyler flipped the black haired queen over with a well executed counter while deflecting a katana shot from Kaori before pinning her own weapon against her throat.
“Love your eyes.”
She smiled as he let her go with a twist. He switched to his greatsword as Lily joined the session with Wulf swapping with Erica. Tyler held the 7 foot blade in a ready stance as the bout started. He rushing Lily’s shield as Wulf went for his back with his sword, all the while Kaori looked for her own opening. Tyler lifted the greatsword high as if to smash from above, which Lily was already moving to counter, only to pivot on a toe to swing the massive battle blade at Kaori with Wulf barreling into an off guard Lily. Kaori avoided the whooshing blade by inches before pinning it under her foot to slash at her husband’s seemingly unprotected neck. Tyler gave a heave, and Kaori had to leap backwards in a flip to avoid getting launched sky high. Tyler used the momentum of the upwards swing to once again pivot as Wulf lunged by harmlessly in a thrust to smash the heavy sword into Lily’s shield. The force of the blow absorbed by her unbreakable shield but the weight of the blade pushed the smaller elf girl back a step, which allowed Tyler to sweep her legs out from under her and lay the point of his sword on her throat. Wulf had collided with Kaori and were down as well. Tyler sighed as he lifted the elf girl to her feet.
“Wulf.”
The ranger sighed as well.
“I know, I know. That was just sad.”
Lily grumbled.
“Uncle Wolf ruined that.”
Tyler looked around as he put his blade up.
“I think we’ve neglected to train ACTUAL teamwork. You three shoulda had me, you’d have to work for it, but ya woulda.”
The three sighed as Kaori took up another stance.
“Again.”
and that was how the next three days passed. Nonstop drills and practice with their weapons and skills. Though Tyler had to step outside the gate to practice his skills as most could devastate an entire sector on accident. The party rested in groups as the next morning was the wave.

THE WAVE.

That morning Tyler woke with Kaori, Sallie and Sylvia cuddled against his chest. He smiled. . we’re walking into hell today. And we WILL walk out the other side. Tyler woke them and Kaori kissed him.
“Good morning my husband.”
He kissed her warmly.
“Good morning my Wife.”
Sallie and Sylvia went back to spirit form as the lovers bathed before gearing up. Tyler donning his black coat and sheathing his various blades on his back as Kaori put her new outfit of blood red on. It being a leather based kimono with the sleeves removed along with the lower half as well. Her pants were jeans made from Tyrant hide that allowed free movement. Her feet were sheathed in ruby heeled boots with similar sharp treads for staying sure footed on anything. Tyler had a look of determined confidence as he looked at her.
“Let’s go kick some ass.”
The lovers walked out of their room, striding for the stables. Wulf, Ashy and Lily came out from their room and to stride behind the couple. Malico, Serafina and Sera joined them. The busty cat and Wulf walking directly behind Tyler and Kaori. Vixen, Lyrica and Erica appeared next and joined the growing party on their war walk. Lillia, Eri, and Lycan were next, followed by Lucy, Thistle, Sasha and Lupa. They were all wearing expressions of intense concentration as they strode out the knight lined throne room to mount their horses. Tyler led the party out with Kaori to his right, Malico to his left, and Wulf the last piece of the leader’s diamond. The city was turned out to see the teleport and the Outcasts. The other Warriors were also present, but most were trembling in fear, while some were outright in the fetal position on the ground as they didn’t have a horse. Tyler and his party found a spot on the edge of the group and were looking over their gear yet again as the minutes counted down. Kaori took his hand and squeezed it hard, and he smiled as he felt her shake.
“Relax Barbie. We’ve been through worse.”
She smiled at that, and her shaking stopped.
“You’re right. Thanks for that.”
He kissed her.
“I love you.”
She sighed happily.
“I love you too.”
Tyler watched as the countdown in his HUD hit zero. As it did, there was a loud two toned wailing as the sky over the city transformed from the light blue of early morning to a strange miasma of red, yellow, black and oddly enough purple that seemed to be out of place in the color splash. Tyler gripped Kaori’s hand tightly as a white light encased the entire party and their mounts. Tyler let out a deep breath,
“I love you, Kaori.”
She smiled as the light became blinding.
“I love you too, Tyler.”
The next thing the party saw was a large open field several dozen miles across of sparse grass, light tree cover, some rock outcroppings. Tyler looked around, and saw Kaori was still holding his hand with the rest of the party right behind them. Tyler then looked to the terrain. The land was indeed mostly flat and he realized he knew this area.
“Move! Outcasts move out!”
The party thundered after it’s leader as the other Warriors were still trying to get their bearings back. Wulf smiled as he saw where they were.
“I see. That small plateau those bandits claimed.”
Tyler smiled widely.
“We can easily make that an impregnable fortress with our magic and skills. WINK.”
The sprite landed on his shoulder,
“My chain’s safe until the wave ends. I’ll need a heavy filling after however.”
“I’ll make it a pile with you and Kaori then. You’re on buffer duty.”
She smiled as they reached the twenty foot high stone plateau.
“Malico! Make a ramp!”
The catgirl smiled.
“Earthen bulwark!”
A ramp of earth rose up the party rode up onto the hundred meter wide rock formation where they began the fortifying.
“Ice Wall. Hallowed ground, tranquil waters, Protective warning, Water wall.”
Tyler rose walls of ice 90 feet tall along an area creating a massive funnel 500 yards wide at the widest and a mere 20 feet at the smallest. The length of the funnel was also close to a 1000 yards as Tyler had seen the massive dust cloud that could only come from monsters on the march. The party dove into the funnel building traps, setting up walls of spears to slow the head long advance, and shore up around the natural formations. Wink was using her spells to add boosts to defensive magic as the walls were raised around the plateau in the event of getting surrounded. Tyler was drinking mana potions as the defenses were constructed at a dizzying rate and with highly efficient know how.
“Lucy, spear wall three?”
“We’re at nine.”
“Vixen?”
“Acid trap spells in place.”
“Eri?”
“Fire spells also in place.”
Tyler raised another set of walls on the plateau interior for observation and long distance arrows. From the highpoint he could see the monster army approaching. He smiled as he saw the vanguard were mostly goblins, orcs, trolls and ogres with lower level draugr here and there.
“That vanguard alone numbers 50,000 at the least.”
He cast his gaze over to the other Warriors maybe 2000 yards from them.
“And THEY haven’t even bothered with a wall.”
Tyler smiled as he looked at the river that flowed through the funnel about a third of the way down the length,
“Malico, raise a small bulwark on this side of the river, please. Them things are natural deathtraps.”
She smiled as she waved her long tail. A ramp thirty feet high rose up on their side of the river that was then reinforced with spear heads, arrows, and spikes to make the climb a living hell for the creatures. The work was done in a mere twenty minutes and the party stood ready as the army of monsters approached. Tyler stood atop the wall with Gliepnir in his fist as he looked at the approaching hordes, then he looked at his friends.
“Here we go again.”
Eri snorted.
“Bastard that’s MY line!”
Tyler laughed before nodding at the creatures.
“We’re outnumbered again. We’re backed into a corner. Again. We cannot run from this fight. Again. But, well, LET’S SEND THEM TO HELL IN A BUCKET! NOT A STEP PAST US! WE WILL NOT FALTER! WE WILL NOT FALL! WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER!”
“Outcasts Now!”
Tyler swung his glowing blade high.
“OUTCASTS FOREVER!”
The party roared with a new fire in their bellies as they surged forward to meet the army at the opening of the funnel. Tyler took the frontline, as he’d launch a head on assault to get the creatures attention and drag them into the hell of the funnel. Once inside the task was mass killing. The entire party would arrows and throw spears until the supply was empty before dropping to the next line of spears ten feet behind them. That was how the battle would be found. Creatures would have to crawl over the bodies of their own to get to the party, while getting filled with dragon scale shafts the entire time. The Outcasts took up their spots as Tyler walked out into plain view of the creatures now less then 1000 yards away. Tyler smiled widely.
“Let’s get bloody.”
He took off on a head long charge of the front ranks as the rest of the party waited for their shot. The other Warriors were milling around or sitting on the ground as they’d swore to Ishtar to not lift a finger to defend them in the waves for their unfair treatment. Max and Kazuma watched as Tyler’s blatantly glowing swords were seen out in front of the heavily fortified plateau.
“That retard’s gonna die out there.”
Kazuma snorted.
“Good fucking riddance to him. We’re not helping him.”
Max dropped his pants to shove his rod into a kneeling Charlotte’s mouth.
“Nope. Suck it right dammit! That’s a good girl. We’re not lifting a finger to fight for such a worthless kingdom.”
Kazuma nodded in wholehearted agreement.
“Tyler’s a monster. We’ve surrendered to the wave so they’re all alone out there.”

Tyler was unaware of this and wouldn’t have cared anyway as he met the army head on.
“Water wall! Divine retribution! Hallowed ground!”
His barrier spell would injure the creatures as they sought to force their way through, while the path forward for four hundred yards in either direction was blocked off by his 100 foot wall of water. He pulled his bow with five shafts on the string.
“Mult shot!”
His one release of the string sent no less then fifty shafts into the walls of creatures now fighting with his water wall. He breathed Tempesta’s flames through the wall incinerating a good few hundred with a long exhale.
“Water burst! Ocean’s fury! Roiling surf!”
He dropped the burst of water fifty meters inside the ranks to sow chaos as his now 150 meter wide water summon sent a solid 400 creatures to drown on land as his boosted roiling surf knocked over giants and goblins alike.
“Ice dragon!”
The water was frozen and shattered as the evil spells finished charging his retribution spell.
“Divine retribution!”
The beam of white power exploded into the charging wave of creatures, blowing a hole in the lines and killing another 500 outright as a new canyon was dug. Tyler smiled.
“Ocean’s tragedy!”
The still present summoned sea was now a meat grinder as everything that passed into it was shredded by the force of the water.
“Roiling surf! Divine retribution!”
He set up another spell as he drank a mana potion as his barrier spell shattered due to the creatures seeking to get at him. He saw he was now surrounded as the overwhelming majority of the vanguard had turned it’s attention to this highly powerful foe. Tyler smirked.
“frozen Waste.”
This spell was a new one that froze the ground under his feet to the point of slickness. The zone effected was a base 200 meters. So, every creature standing in the zone was now frozen in place.
“Water fall!”
The 100 foot wall of water tipped over and flattened another few hundred creatures has Tyler looked at the now climbing over their own to get at him creatures.
“Water Dome!”
This spell conjured a dome of rippling waves to encase an area 30 feet in diameter. The water froze solid as it came into contact with the still present frozen waste spell. Tyler drank another mana spell as his newly made igloo was covered by creatures ten deep. Kaori was watching this with a shaking her head smile.
“That idiot’s having a field day with his magic.”
Eri was on the same page.
“They haven’t even touched him, even though their arrows and spells are falling like hail.”
Sera was looking at her quiver as a set of screams were heard to their right.
“I guess the other Warriors got found.”
Erica shook her head at the sounds of agony.
“idiots. I guess someone forgot to tell them that once they surrender they become toys for the monsters until the wave ends for real.”
it was true. The other Warriors were indeed being used as toys by the monsters, and found they were unable to draw their swords as they’d surrendered. So, were helpless to defend themselves as the goblins and trolls played with their bodies. Charlotte was face down with a smelly troll inside her as every other girl had a goblin or a troll or an ogre balls deep inside them as the boys were all getting new lines from knifework, while Tyler’s whale mother was also getting played with, but by giants happy to find something big enough to take it. Max and Kazuma were ranting at the unjustness of their new pain as the creatures just laughed and cut. Neither one ever considering that they brought the pain upon themselves by surrendering to monsters in the first place. Tyler finished his mana potion as the pile above him reached thirty deep.
“Thinks still taste odd. Like really sweet grape juice with a hint of blueberry.”
He noted the cracks and amount of buckle in the dome and nodded.
“I’ve been wanting to try this spell. Ocean’s Wrath!”
This spell made every water based spell still active explode with all the force of a hundred barrels of fire powder per spell still active and covered every area reached by the spells. So, since Tyler had blanketed an area of close to five hundred meters of ground with numerous water spells the result was an earthshaking blast that triggered a mini earthquake, and the resulting release of magical power caused the monsters to drop their toys to attack the extreme power. Though, the girls were still filled with monster cream prior to being released. Charlotte was sobbing incoherently as she curled up into a ball as the troll’s slimy seed oozed out of her traumatized hole in a foul smelling river. The pile of monsters atop the dome simply vanished along with the ranks of beasts surrounding the blast. Upwards of 2500 creatures were killed by that blast alone, and a new crater thirty feet deep was made in the ground. Tyler was standing in the center smiling atop a small pillar of ground ten feet wide as the creatures regrouped to attack again. Tyler drank another mana potion as a 50 foot winged demon with black skin appeared from within the ranks. Tyler tilted his head.
“The wave boss? No way. Not a mere greater war demon.”
The thing roared in anger.
“Die human!”
Tyler just looked at the rest of the army and noted more shadows were appearing.
“I get it. The VANGUARD leader. Pff. Bring it ya worthless excuse for a doppelganger.”
The thing surged forward in a blind rage as Tyler’s last spell was finished charging.
“Divine retribution.”
The spell tore through the demon’s chest, killing it outright along with another batch of creatures behind it. Oddly enough, Tyler found he’d aimed rather low and carved a trench ten feet deep that led into the thirty foot bowl.
“Huh. I bet we can use that.”
Seeing reinforcements swelling the ranks, Tyler dropped back to the rim of the bowl near to the funnel. The party were enjoying the fireworks as Tyler unleashed his magical prowess in full. Malico nudged Kaori.
“So you know? I’m recording this.”
That earned the sexy catgirl a warm kiss from most of the party as Wulf noted a line of creatures to the right.
“Looks like the creatures got bored with their toys.”
Eri shook her head.
“Tyler’s outed himself as the Warrior Leader. Or the strongest of the strong here. So, he basically painted a massive target on his back like the wave boss does. Since Tyler just doesn’t care, he basically has the entire monster army headed for him. Well. Until he falls back and the monsters face US, then they’ll split again. The Warriors’ pain is only JUST beginning.”
Tyler had his next batch of spells in place, making full use of the new crater and trench to kill another 900 with spells alone with his combination magics working well. He smiled as e saw the army didn’t show any sign of thinning.
“Now this is a workout! Ocean’s fury!”
His friends were just shaking their heads as Tyler hogged all the blood. Lily sighed.
“If he kills them all ALONE I’m going to hit with me hammer.”
The party laughed at that, then Lyrica frowned.
“Eri, Erica. This remind you of anything?”
The wave veterans frowned as well now.
“It does, Lyrica.”
“This is going WAY too well. Where’s the flyers or the liches?”
Kaori blinked.
“Oh shit. They’re sending in the fodder FIRST to WEAR HIM DOWN!”
the party saw it and were about to blow their whistles when a loud roar was heard from behind the army followed by a massive black dragon rising up out of the masses. The party groaned as it was a clear high dragon. Kaori looked as Tyler detonated his spells again to prepare to meet the powerful foe.
“There it is. He knows their game now.”
Tyler did indeed know the game.
“Clever trick. Too bad this is just a mere warmup. HEY! SHITSCALE! LET’S MAKE IT SEVEN FOR SEVEN!”
The dragon roared in fury before unleashing a BLACK breath attack that Tyler dodged. The dragon was flaunting it’s ability to fly as it rained fire at Tyler. The Outcast was laughing derisively.
“Come on ya lizard! That the best ya got? I’ve fought skinks that were tougher!”
The dragon bellowed in a rage now before diving to take the fight to the Outcast head on. Tyler smiled widely.
“Gotchya bitch.”
Using his insane strength, Tyler launched from a rock with a dark gleam of joy in his eye with Gliepnir point up. The dragon tilted in it’s dive as it readied to snap the rising Outcast from existence, only for Tyler to pull a purely a Tyler move: using the expand function on his spear to boost the throwing of it. The mythril weapon punched straight through the scales over the massive beast’s heart before skewering it like a harpooned whale. Tyler then grabbed the stuck haft for the return to Lectis. The beast hit the ground with another mini earthquake. Tyler was jolted pretty hard and the spear tore loose before he hit the dirt hard. Kaori groaned as she saw this.
“Great. THAT trope.”
Ashy was also sighing as a group of creatures with mace weaponry started to slam their weaponry onto Tyler’s back.
“Why did that idiot think JUMPING at a diving dragon to throw a spear was a good idea? We KNOW that never works!”
The blonde wife just shook her head as the well-deserved beating took place.
“He’s an idiot, Ashy. Just an overly cocky idiot.”
Tyler was indeed feeling like a special sort of dumbass.
“What the hell was I thinking?”
He surged upward killing the orcs with the maces as he berated himself for his stupidity.
“Those kinds of stunts NEVER work out! Jackass!”
He drank a minor healing potion and took stock of the battle thus far.
“Vanguards a pile, and we’ve got quite a few more craters. Drop back time.”
On a burst of inspiration he dragged the dead dragon to create a barrier the creatures had to climb over to get to him as he dropped back another ten feet. He was now within the range of the bows of the party and they knew it. Lily was particularly satisfied.
“Bout time. Greedy bastard.”
Tyler smiled as he adjusted his black coat looking out at the army.
“Hmm. Yeah, here come the shock troops. And most of them are giants. Fucking perfect.”
These giants were actually wearing armor and stood fifty feet tall, but once they hit his ocean’s fury their advance slowed to a crawl as the arrows from the party started to rain from the sky in clouds as every arrow had a multishaft enhancement upon it. So, 100 arrows became a thousand that dropped creatures in droves. The other Warriors were watching the far off battle unfold while nursing their own wounds and mental scars from being raped and tortured by monsters. Kazuma and Max, being the most accustomed to such humiliation by this point were sneering at the efforts of the Outcast party.
“Pff. How long will it take for that retard to die?”
“Right? They must be weaker then we thought if that monster can kill them in such numbers.”
The boys were utterly oblivious to the fact the women of the group were rocking back in forth at the memory of their lover’s feels, were holding their traumatized parts sobbing heartbrokenly or just blankly looking at the liquids still oozing from their grooves. Tyler noted the piles of bodies were getting tall enough for a decent sized climb and saw the time was right for another drop. He fell back another ten feet and set up shop again as Kaori called out.
“That pile gets too high too quick we lose our advantage. Come into the actual funnel!”
“Love you too Shadow!”
Tyler saw her point and moved into the arms of the funnel proper another thirty feet back. He setting spell traps everywhere and movement slowers everywhere else. Now well within the ranger of the party bows, Tyler added his own shafts to the hail. His shots alone adding an extra fifty to the sky as the monsters fell in lines with more climbing over them. Tyler smiled as he saw one particular sniper dropping giants with regular shots.
“Love you too Sis!”
“Teehee!”
The enemy archers were also firing, but due to the barrier spells the party had up they weren’t getting through but the occasional spell did, which was then absorbed by Tyler’s divine retribution. The spell was charged and released, resulting in another mass kill of hundreds. Tyler then noted the mana potion he drank didn’t restore as much as before and nodded.
“Okay. SPELL DRAIN.”
Vixen and Lyrica nodded as well.
“He needs to rest his soul from the back to back high level casting. Watch for tricks.”
The party nodded as Tyler swapped to skills and abilities next. Using the flames of the dragons to kill with arrows flying like rain drops of death. The party’s quivers were enchanted to be directly connected to their arrow crystals, so had access to 500,000 dragon scale shafts. NOT including the mass of other arrows they had on hand for just such a large scale battle. The dead monsters were making a wall easily thirty feet high of just dead things they were climbing over. Tyler frowned as he saw this.
“Line breaker imminent.”
The party nodded. Sure enough the trademark rumble of heavy footsteps charging were felt as a troop of four plains flatteners came charging through the walls of dead creatures. Vixen smiled as she cast an illusion spell.
“Diabolical Visage.”
The spell conjured nothing worse than the target’s very worst fears that would gain strength from the depth of fear felt before attacking it with that very fear. Tyler had his 7 foot greatsword out and ready as the first beast panicked entirely, and ended up impaling the beast to it’s right as Tyler used his newest skill.
“Great Smash!”
The resulting earthquake made the usually sure footed beasts wobble while outright tipping over the smaller creatures and giants. Tyler smiled as he followed up with the second step.
“Radial Splatter!”
The result? Every creature in a thirty meter radius just splattered like an apple hit with a sledgehammer. The plains flatteners were just mush on the ground as Tyler slung the battleblade over a shoulder.
“Now THIS is a fight!”
The party laughed at their favorite bloodthirsty jackass. The next attack wave was charging when a loud horn was heard and Eri smiled.
“Their leader just called a tactical retreat. Guess it needs to rethink it’s strategy.”
Tyler wasn’t letting them get away THAT easily. He used an ability from a title.
“Atrocity’s Flame!”
He threw his love for Kaori into the fireball before throwing it deep into the enemy ranks. The result? A massive blast similar in ferocity to the one that made Dagon keep a thousand foot crater. The other Warriors watching were awestruck by the rising mushroom cloud and shockwave from the blast. Though Kazuma was bitching as always.
“Why the HELL does he get a tac nuke?”
Tyler was leaning on his sword as the ground a thousand yards from the funnel was now a crater two thousand feet deep, and stretched a good three hundred meters across. The blast killing a solid HALF the remaining monsters while the shock wave did for a further 25%. Recovered, Tyler dropped back to the party. Vixen and Wink were instantly looking his soul over with their powers. They then sighed with relief.
“You nearly went into Mind Shatter there Tyler.”
Wink kissed him.
“idiot. Be CAREFUL!”
“Love you too Wink. Okay, how’s every one feeling?”
Sera and Lillia flexed their fingers.
“Still fresh.”
“What she said.”
He nodded and looked back at the crater, smiling as he saw the hole the things would have to cross to get at them.
“I’ll get high for a bit. They have three options. One is to build a bridge over that gap, two is to find a way around it but that would take time, and three is both.”
he climbed up to a wall top and used his Farsight to see what the other side of the crater looked like.
“Wow. We haven’t even put a dent in numbers yet. I can’t use Atrocity’s Flame for at least another four hours. I’ve still got the roar, and Lupa’s spirit power. Plus all three wraths. I’d wager they send in the air support next.”
He looked over to the other Warrior camp and chuckled.
“They all surrendered right out the gate. Pff. Of course they did.”
He dropped down and Eri laughed.
“They’re still vulnerable to the Monsters even IF they surrendered. Why you NEVER surrender in the wave because once you do you can’t even TOUCH your sword.”
Tyler frowned.
“Shit. So that means I can’t use the old fake surrender trick to bait their leader out. Fuck. Okay. PLAN B.”
They laughed at that as a light snack of nuts, peanut butter, washed down with water was eaten. Tyler leaned on a wall as he looked out at the crater.
“It’s killing me not being able to look at them closely from here. Hey, Wink.”
She smiled.
“Yes I have a booster spell for that.”
“I love you.”
She used her spell.
“Clear Vision.”
Tyler then threw his perception behind his Farsight to get a good look at the far off force. Soo as he did he sighed.
“They’re being led by a lich king. A HIGH GRAND lich king. Fucking perfect. Took me nine hours to kill the last one.”
The party sighed as he then looked at the sky.
“We’ve got fliers. Load up.”
Vixen placed a warning hand on his shoulder.
“No spells for the next two hours. Okay? Anymore and you’ll Mind Shatter.”
He kissed her.
“Love you too Vixen.”
She smiled as he climbed up to the walltop with his bow.
“Long shatter.”
This ability sent a single arrow out to burst into a mass of other arrows. Since it relied on Agility Tyler could turn ONE shaft into three hundred. He’d nocked five. The party was right there with him as they fired their arrows into the mass of flying drakes, harpies, fell falcons, and other large winged beasts. The things fell from the sky like feathery pincushions into the massive crater while a detachment went to torture the other Warriors again. Tyler laughed as the sounds of despair and pain started back up.
“That’s what you get ya fucknuts!”
Ashy smiled.
“Hey, boss! Can’t we workin stiffs get some tunes too?”
“Just cause I love you too, Ashy. Hey, I think some good old SAO will do us right.”
Wulf smiled.
“Would YOU like it if I were to start flirting with YOUR wife?”
“Pff, do it, I dare ya! Just ahh, WHICH wife we talkin here? I got like six.”
That got a laugh from the ladies as Wulf just accepted his defeat as Kaori and Malico looked at each other.
“Wow, Malico. SOMEONE sure is cocky.”
“He certainly is, Kaori. I wonder if we should do something to DEAL with his cockiness?”
Tyler smiled.
“Course we ALL know you ladies win this one.”
The party laughed as Wulf got a warm kiss from Ashy.
“Asking about HIS wife eh? I wonder, Wulfy, what does that mean for ME?”
Wulf gulped as he realized he stepped in it again. Tyler just shook his head.
“You really need to start paying attention Wulf.”
The ladies busted up laughing at the tone of exasperation in Tyler’s voice as he dropped another fell falcon into the abyss while Wulf was once again in the doghouse. Ashy smiled widely.
“I wonder Tyler, how would YOU react to ME flirting with your wife?”
“Malico, Kaori, if ya please?”
Ashy blinked as Malico rounded on her suddenly to steal a full kiss from the dirty blonde’s lips before Kaori stole a full makeout session from her. Now bemused by the taste in her mouth, Ashy went back to firing arrows.
“Okay, Tyler. Fair point.”
Kaori and Malico licked their lips.
“Wow, Ashy. You have nice lips.”
“Right? She tasted good too. Pile, Malico?”
“Pile, Kaori.”
Ashy just gulped at the now lustily staring pair of ladies.
“Oh fuck. I think I opened a door here.”
Eri laughed approvingly.
“That’s my girl, Kaori! Makin the men hard and ladies wet wherever she goes!”
Tyler just smiled as the last flier fell dead.
“Kaori’s awesome for many reasons Eri. Most of them not having ANYTHING to do with the bedroom. She’s just that kinda great.”
Kaori was glowing at that as Eri nodded in approval.
“A man that still showers his wife in complements and attention even AFTER the wedding. Good man.”
Tyler noted the look of frustrated rage on the oddly emotional Lich king’s face.
“Hey, Vixen, you seeing that?”
The undead expert did and gulped.
“That’s not a lich king Tyler.”
“Ummm, what?”
Vixen was shaking slightly.
“That’s a lesser Death Spirit. Like as powerful as Slyvien in the dark forest.”
Tyler nodded.
“Okay. That’s a new one. But to be honest? That took longer then I was expecting. Oh, music. Ladies and gentle elf, Crossing field.”
Ashy frowned.
“Ew. You liked SAO?”
“Ashy. We will wage this war at a later date.”
Kaori was right there with him.
“Indeed. Asuna is FUCKING awesome.”
Ashy sighed as she looked at Tyler’s black coat with new eyes.
“Suddenly that coat isn’t so cool.”
“Keep talking Ashy and I’ll shove this here katana so far up your ass YOU will be my new sword.”
Ashy sighed as she put a fresh arrow on her bow.
“Next you’ll say Zerotwo was the best girl.”
An arrow hit her in the vest then, fired from Tyler’s bow.
“Say that again and I swear to Minus I will boot you into that crater.”
Ashy was shaking from the now ice cold tone in Tyler’s voice as Kaori looked at her.
“Let me guess: you liked Ichigo?”
Terrified she nodded. Kaori sighed.
“Tyler HATES her with a burning passion and admires Zerotwo just as fiercely.”
Ashy gulped.
“Why?”
Kaori sighed.
“HOW many times did Ichigo nearly get her friends killed? OR screw over those that depended on her? Zerotwo was what he longed to be, strong, good looking, and more feared the respected by everyone. Yeah. I wouldn’t make that comment again.”
Ashy nodded.
“Okay, Kaori. I forgot for a moment there.”
Tyler just sighed and looked back at the enemy army,
“This just stopped being fun. Now I want to hurt them.”
He hopped down and walked out to piss the thing off and Ashy now felt bad for ruining his fun.
“Sorry!”
“Yer good! But we WILL discuss your, ahem, issues later.”
Ashy breathed a sigh of relief at that. Tyler got in yelling distance as he was now looking for blood to restore his good mood.
“HEY! BONE MONKEY!”
Wink smiled as Vixen tilted her head.
“Something feels…..off here.”
She held up a hand and gasped,
“MENTAL NUDGE! IT’S A TRAP!”
Tyler was moving as soon as the noise was heard, and he was a spilt second too late. A massive worm like creature came exploding out of the ground to grab his leg and he yelled,
“demon’s wrath!”
He freed his leg and sliced the thing in half as he poured a high healing potion on his ruined leg, restoring it to perfection. The Death spirit laughed a bone rattling laugh.
“Soon. Mortal. Soon.”
Tyler just laughed.
“You just mad you a hand warmer! How’s it feel to know I got Death’s championship and YOU didn’t?”
The thing screamed in fury as the army was sent into a head long death charge. Tyler just smiled at this,
“What? That’s it? Just sending your lackies to do YOUR job for you? Well, explains why you’re here period. Must suck knowing ya got cast down for being a mere bitch.”
The skeleton was fighting a losing battle with it’s temper and Tyler pulled a revitalizing potion as his Demon’s wrath ran out. The thing mitigating the weakness from the ability entirely and he could still move freely as Kaori just rolled her eyes.
“Of course he figured out how to cheat the system.”
Tyler smiled insolently.
“I wonder, if I were to run a small wooden hammer over her ribcage would it rattle like a xylophone? Well, at least I’M NOT BONE HEADED!”
That did it. As wink was losing it from the pun and the party laughed at the jokes, the lesser death spirit snapped entirely. He surged forward to attack Tyler head on as the army went for the party and other Warriors. Tyler just smiled.
“Gotchya.”
He charged his ultimate ability for a quick win. Roar of the Forest. He filled it with all his love for Kaori, Sallie, Sylvia, Sera, Lily, everyone he’d met in Lectis and smiled as the now scythe wielding skeleton swung at him.
“Roar of the Forest.”
The party gasped as the same green light was seen as the power was released. Only this time as an aimed cone attacked that caught the death spirit dead in the middle of the blast. Tyler was breathing the attack like dragon flame as the battlefield fell silent for a moment as if the world itself was in a stunned silence from the power that was just released. Then the boom was heard and felt as the world remembered it had something happen with sound. It reminded Kaori of a massive firework she’d seen once as a kid that had shaken her whole house. Only far more powerful as the shockwave tore trees from the ground, shattered rocks and boulders into dust, and even shattered a good portion of their ice walls and fortifications as everything in front of Tyler’s attack was cleared away by the green beam. The blast lasted for a solid minute as Tyler turned his head to hit every monster in the wave army before the beam ran out of juice. The flooding power was drained from behind the dam, and Tyler replaced it again to refill with his love all over again. The land in front of the Outcast was a massive canyon several thousand meters deep, and another three wide that stretched for five solid miles, even carving right through a far off mountain range. The Death Spirit had been completely vaporized by Tyler’s attack along with 99% of the remaining monsters. Tyler dropped to the ground as Kaori, Eri, Malico and Wulf came up with a potion as he panted from the blast’s power. He drank the potion gratefully as he got his strength back. He stood up and noted the sky was now clearing. He looked at Eri.
“Sooo, did we win?”
She smiled.
“Check your HUD.”
He did, and there was a message.
“Wave 1. Cleared by the Outcast Warrior party. Boss Killed by: Tyler the Outcast. Injuries to party: None. Victory: absolute.”
He laughed as he lifted his greatsword.
“And THAT’S how the OUTCASTS bring the pain!”
The party roared at that as the same light that brought them there encased their bodies again before teleporting them back to the throne room with their horses inside the stable. Tyler smiled as he saw the coin and gear waiting for them as Ishtar addressed the returning Warriors.
“All hail the Heroes of the First Wave: The Outcasts! Please, lords and Ladies, claim your rewards.”
Tyler spotted a mythril greatsword he loved the look of as the other Warriors were given a small bag of ten coppers each as they’d surrendered and done nothing. Kazuma threw his coin on the floor incensed.
“Why? Why is it ALWAYS him? He’s a heartless, cruel, evil monster yet everyone hails him as damned hero! He doesn’t WANT to be a hero! He just wants to roam the world without ANY responsibilities!”
Tyler looked at the whining loser.
“That’s why I’m hailed a hero, Kazuma. I DON’T WANT to be a hero. You’re right. I just want to roam free with the ones I love, and more importantly? I want to go on adventures with the ones I love. Nothin more, nothing less. You want so desperately to BE a hero for all the wrong reasons. I do not. Think of the irony there. You bend over backwards for everyone to use you as a bridge and expect to be rewarded for it. I just MAKE a damned bridge that will last long after I’ve left the gap, and don’t care about a reward. It’s called humility. Be amazed at how far it can take you. That and hard work.”
Tyler collapsed the massive mythril greatsword into a one foot dagger he sheathed on his left hip as Kazuma gaped at him as his words processed in his mind. The party made a solid 10,000 gold from the wave reward and everyone got a mythril weapon they needed or could use well. Tyler smiled as he pulled his DUAL greatswords and put them through a practice swing.
“Atrocity, I love the way you think. Dual greatswords is a SPECIAL kinda badass.”
The room busted up laughing as a red outline encased Tyler’s body and the war goddess’s voice was heard.
“It seems Minus was not wrong about your war abilities. Now I’m looking forward to your bedroom abilities. Congratulations, LOVE. YOU’RE my new Mortal Husband.”
Tyler looked at Ishtar, and passed the new title, Atrocity’s lover, over.
“Ha.”
The men in the room, excluding the Warriors, applauded their fellow man for his newest wife. The party looked at the king as he stood for the next piece.
“Let the new staging ground …..BE KNOWN!”
Tyler and every other Warrior’s HUD was then showing a map of the realm with countries Tyler had never seen before glowing as the waves chose the next staging ground. Tyler smiled as he saw the elven queendom light up.
“Hey, ten gold says the Elven Queendom’s next.”
Kaori rolled her green eyes.
“Seriously? Stop rigging bets.”
The countries went dim as they were discounted until only Erolagard and the Queendom was left. Tyler just sighed.
“Can we hurry this up? I got a Sprite to fill.”
The party laughed as the dwarven homeland went dark and the Queendom was the next staging ground. Tyler smiled.
“Say it and I’ll kick you in the balls.”
He frowned.
“Dammit Kaori.”
A new timer was placed in the top of the HUD that Tyler ignored as he looked at Ishtar.
“We good?”
The king smiled.
“Go forth Warriors. Build your strength, reach the next staging grounds and survive!”
“Outcasts. Move out.”
The party walked out of the throne room shoving the other, glowering Warriors aside, Tyler smiled as they passed Charlotte.
“Hiya troll fucker. Nice to see ya found a new husband. Whens the wedding?”
The former teacher just dropped to the floor shivering as she recalled the vile thing inside her as the party busted up laughing as they walked out the doors. Tyler took Kaori’s hand and kissed her.
“To us, Kaori.”
She smiled.
“To us.”
They raised their clasped hands triumphantly.
“AND WE DARE ANYTHING TO TAKE OUR HAPPINESS FROM US!”

Tale Of the Outcast Warrior. Part One.
Sign up to rate and review this story