Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Tale of the Outcast warrior. Part 1

The Tale of the Outcast Warrior part 7

by Goreleech 0 reviews

With less then 15 days until the Wave the Outcasts take the time to enjoy some last minute adventuring....and then the Fireball hits

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2022-04-08 - 111041 words - Complete

0Unrated
DAYS UNTIL WAVE: 15


Tyler opened his eyes next to see Kaori’s face right next to his own. He smiled and felt Sallie’s weight still against his chest, and he saw Sylvia happily snuggled into Kaori’s soft breasts as she slumbered. Tyler looked down at Sallie’s form and saw the spirit was awake and smiling.
“Morning Daddy!”
HE hugged her tightly.
“Morning Sparkles. Sleep well?”
She giggled quietly.
“Uh-huh. You’re comfy!”
He snuggled her like a cat.
“And you a cutie!”
She smiled and giggled happily as they played quietly. Tyler smiled as he leaned over to kiss Kaori awake, and got a sigh of happy contentedness.
“Good morning Love.”
Sylvia woke next with a cute little yawn before snuggling into kaori’s warm chest more.
“Morning Mommy! You’re warm and soft!”
kaori hugged the small elf as Sallie giggled.
“She’s got a warm and very comfy set of pillows! Daddy’s just a nice mattress!”
That got a laugh as they got out of bed. They were dressing when a light knock was heard on the door, and Thorn’s voice was heard.
“Tyler, Kaori, your bath’s ready.”
The couple smiled as they walked out. Thorn had gone from an emaciated girl selling her body for a days meal to a beautiful little girl of Lily’s height, with shining shoulder length black hair, faintly glowing pale skin, vividly blue eyes, and the same delicate features she’d used to entrance her customers. She was now clad in a black and white maid outfit that added a level of cuteness to her premature beauty that made Tyler chuckled as he patted her head.
“Well, Lady Thorn, lead the way!”
The tough elf girl snorted and rapped him lightly with a small ruler-like stick.
“Move it playboy.”
Kaori laughed as they followed they pretty guide through the palace maze.
“Nice to see you’re doing well, Thorn.”
She just shrugged.
“Eh. Well’s an overstatement. I gotta put up with THIS guy.”
She jabbed a thumb at Tyler and Kaori laughed hard.
“So do I Thorn. So. Do. I.”
Tyler just went with it and glanced out the window, he sighed soon as he did so.
“I guess the idiots got let back in.”
The Warrior sector had numerous glows from fires and pillars of smoke rising above the walls in the early morning light. Thorn gave a disgusted sigh.
“The gates leading into the other sectors are still shut to them. They get ONE sector of the city to ruin. They ruin it they ain’t getting another.”
Tyler shrugged.
“We’re heading out through another gate altogether so no biggee.”
Thorn just groaned.
“They get free roam through the city, it’s just they can’t sleep anywhere but that one. They still can’t use most buildings, but ya get it.”
The couple parted and Tyler walked into his first royal bath. Tyler placed an extra three gold in Thorn’s maid pocket when Kaori wasn’t looking.
“I’d like it if someone helped with Kaori’s hair, Please.”
Thorn smiled.
“I’ll do it meself.”
“Thanks Thorn.”
Tyler now sat in the ceramic hot tub-like pool as the dust and dirt from the road left his body.
“Sir, may we assist you?”
he looked over to see a pair of Elven maids with brushes and soaps standing near the edge of the tub. Tyler smiled kindly.
“Sure, why not?”
The two ladies smiled and stripped naked to join him in the bath for extra access. They were clearly twin sisters, with golden skin, striking silver eyes, large breasts, and neatly tied silver hair. The ladies were laughing as they helped him clean up.
“Wow, Slivi The Outcast sure is a handsome one!”
“I’m amazed too Goldi! These scars just make him look that much more intense!”
“I can’t feel any slack in his arms either!”
“Ooohh, look, his sword’s ready!”
Tyler just chuckled as he enjoyed getting spoiled for once. Well aware Sylvia and Sallie were on watch in case of hidden dagger or theft. Once clean Tyler was shown to the palace dining hall. The room was a mirror image of the throne room with bright red stone and pillars with a ten foot fireplace at either end of the fifteen foot table lined by highbacked chairs. Tyler took the chair at the end nearest a fireplace and laid out the map and set the bills for the morning raid out for review. The first set was two lisks, a Tyrant, two villages in need of healers, a tomb guardian raid, an Oricah stronghold, a Hill giant camp, A hill gathering, a GOBLIN CAMP, a set of toads, a Warg camp, a Plains strider hunt, a Grand Wall, and a Diadore. Tyler looked at the map as he planned each hit.
“Wow, already at it?”
He looked up to see the Were Tiger Whisper walking into the room with Serafina and Lyrica. Tyler smiled widely.
“Morning ladies. Sleep well?”
Serafina smiled shyly as the kindly Wraith sat nearby.
“I did, Whisper is most warm to cuddle with.”
The blue haired lady chuckled.
“Not every day I meet such a kindly, shy Wraith. Even IF she was scared to really hug me.”
Lyrica flicked her long blood red tresses as she got a morning kiss before sitting a chair from him.
“So, we set?”
Tyler tapped the two healer bills.
“We’ll hit these first. The grand Wall and striders right after. Whisper, compared to Wulf, where are your skills as a Scout to his ranger?”
She smiled.
“I be his equal in all except tracking small animals like rabbit. I understand his role is mainly guide and terrain expert, correct?”
Tyler nodded.
“It is. If Kaori or Ashy has no clue we look to Wulf for all things Lectis outdoor life. To be perfectly honest it’s been kinda bugging me how he has to do all the work on that end.”
Serafina smiled.
“well, at least he has help now.”
Tyler chuckled as kaori came in next, and the ladies gasped as her hair was more gold strand then mere hair.
“I see thorn’s good with a comb.”
She kissed him and sat beside him.
“She is, and very gentle. So, we looking good commander?”
Tyler nodded.
“I’ll give the heads up once the others get here as we’re hitting the villages first and their threats.”
the blonde nodded.
“I’ll feel better on the other hits once we’ve done what we can.”
Tyler sighed.
“If I’d noticed these earlier yesterday I’d have had us do these instead or on top, but that’s just me bitching.”
Erica, Sera and Lillia came in next. The queen was a little surprised to see Tyler with the map out and bills too. Sera skipped over and took the last empty seat beside him as he hugged her. Erica sat next to kaori and looked at the map.
“I see you’re already at it.”
Lyrica smiled.
“I said the same when I walked in too. He was already set up like this when me, Serafina and Whisper walked in.”
Sera was happily giggling as Tyler teased her by poking her side as Kaori spoke to the newcomers.
“Tyler’s the first one up in camp. Watch, we’ll make camp and as soon as everything’s set that map is the first thing that comes out. In the mornings we’ll walk out and find him looking it over as the breakfast is cooking over a relit fire.”
Erica and Whisper were impressed.
“A never resting leader.”
“His work ethic is incredible.”
Tyler looked at Whisper.
“We need to get you an arrow necklace and a rally whistle, Whisper. Plus some better gear. Your fur skills aside, the leather just isn’t going to cut it out there.”
She sighed.
“I agree. Do we have the materials for good gear?”
“We got high dragon scales, numerous demon horns, gems of every kind, pure Magicite, Glacious’ scales, and other high level materials.”
The yellow eyed girl gasped. Then laughed.
“Of course you do. I’d need them to be shift friendly, but no biggee. My weapons be this here.”
She pulled a pair of one handed axes from a belt slot as they had a collapse function and set them on the table. Tyler smiled.
“Great. ANOTHER lady with axes to grind. Bow?”
Whisper smiled as she pulled a red Magicite bow out and held it in view.
“I’m pretty decent with it too. My best be a running hare at 50 yards third shaft.”
Tyler nodded as he patted Sera.
“Not bad, Whisper. I think your Were skill will be more for things like orcs or other small fry until I get a better understanding on how it stacks up.”
She nodded.
“I understand. And thank you for yesterday, if I get too angry the change happens without my consent and I go berserk as a tiger.”
Tyler sighed.
“No problem. Just, in the future since you’re part of my camp, if you feel like you’re getting to close to that point, I’d ask you to just leave the outright. Okay? I can’t have a sudden Were tiger attack.”
She nodded ruefully.
“Again, I understand. And I will try, but I’m sure you understand it be most difficult sometimes.”
“Trust me, Whisper I do. Just wait till MY GOBLIN CAMP.”
He felt the rage anew as he looked ahead to another wholesale slaughter of the creatures. Whisper just sighed.
“I see you still hate them. And you have my pity.”
Tyler sighed as he forced the rage back down.
“I’ll take it out on them. I’ll give the details once the rest of the nuthouse sobers up and recovers, right Lyrica?”
The succubus smiled as she remembered.
“I love me a busty fox.”
“We all love our Busty Vixen.”
There was a happy sigh as the Busty Vixen walked in with a flush in her pale cheek to kiss Tyler good morning as Ashy and Wulf came in with her. The Ranger taking a seat by the map as the rest of the party filed in. Once everyone was seated and the breakfast laid out Tyler laid out the day’s plan.
“We’re hitting the villages first. Throw my white path around before we kill the corresponding creatures. We’ll start with the grand wall. Sera, Lily and Lillia stay five treelengths back. I do not want anyone in that thing’s shadow unless it is absolutely necessary. My Holy Sanctity should be more then enough to kill it, but ya know the drill. Whisper, Erica and Lyrica will rotate on raids to learn how WE do things. Of note are these two here. The stronghold and gathering, we hit this as a party. Lyrica is with Vixen, Erica me and Lily, Whisper with Wulf and Ashy. Questions, concerns, Ashy?”
the dirty blonde snorted as Whisper looked at the stronghold.
“How many creatures for these again?”
“250 for the orcs, 100 for the gathering.”
A runner came in then.
“Message for the Outcast!”
“Here, lad.”
The boy ran over.
“Burlock’s finished yer order Sir!”
Tyler gave him twenty silver.
“Good lad. Watch fer idiots.”
“You too, Sir!”
He ran off as he rolled up the map.
“Once we’ve fed and I’ve kissed Malico we’re out.”
They laughed as Malico came right over for a good morning kiss as he petted his favorite cat’s fur. The party headed for the stables as no one went anywhere in the city alone or not in force with the other Warriors in the city. Tyler chuckled as he saw Whisper’s horse was a Thoroughbred like Thunder, only a smaller beast, and Erica’s a similar mare to Lillia’s own. The party rode along the street to Burlock’s shop to get Lyrica and Erica kitted out with their path boosting gear. Tyler led the ladies inside with Whisper and Burlock smiled widely as he saw them.
“Morning ladies and Tyler. Your gear be ready.”
Lyrica took her ruby gauntlets, putting them on they morphed into another set of fingerless gloves, her greaves and bracers molded into cloth thing strips, and her shoulder guards became mere puffs. The sexy succubus strapped her new dagger set into her belt as Erica donned her Sapphire vest that added extra emphasis to her massive breasts, her boots molded into spiked heeled boots, gauntlets into fingerless gloves again, and she strapped her new bow and daggers on as well. Kaori came in then and smiled at Tyler.
“The copies of the crystals are ready.”
He kissed her.
“we’ll have Ishtar send them after the first set.”
Tyler placed an extra 300 gold on the counter as Whisper came up. The smith laughed.
“Another one? Where the prince be?”
Tyler just sighed as he rubbed his eyes.
“We had some……issues.”
Erica frowned.
“By issues, Burlock, he means Kazuma challenged him to guild duel.”
Burlock looked at her shocked.
“His terms?”
“Tyler fight him bare chested and empty handed with no spells and no skills whereas Kazuma had his entire arsenal. Basically, Kazuma had Tyler fight him exhausted to the point of collapse, without weapons, armor, spells, skills or even a potion at the start. Show him what you had to do yesterday, Tyler.”
Tyler showed him his HUD and Burlock gasped.
“8 Lich’s Bane title?”
Lyrica spoke now.
“Tyler fought two at once and won. Then a mere few hours later, fought five more at once. AND WON. In the hall, Tyler’s sheer willpower alone plus having Kaori right next to him was all that was keeping him on his feet. We ALL could see he was about to drop.”
Burlock just sighed.
“I see. His demands on a loss?”
Whisper took up the thread.
“All Tyler asked was for Kazuma to leave his party alone as I guess they’d had a falling out prior Kazuma refused to let go of. Kazuma had done everything he could to provoke Tyler, and in the end succeeded into taunting him into a near blind rage.”
Burlock just looked at the Were tiger.
“How the hell he manage that?”
“HE basically said he only loved Kaori for her body and called her a whore in the same manner. Yeah, we needed to replace the guild hall wall for that. Tyler’s footing the bill.”
Burlock sighed sadly now.
“Kazuma’s terms?”
“Tyler hand over everything he had to his name, weapons, gear, women, party, the lot to him and never see them again period.”
The smith just looked at Tyler with pity in his eyes.
“I’m sorry you had to put up with that.”
Tyler shrugged as Whisper laughed.
“Tyler made him look stupid! Kazuma used every trick he had, ice floor potion, invisibility, hell he even tried to poison him! Nothing even TOUCHED him! Well, Tyler did take a nasty gut shot but all it did was put a new dent in a wall he’s already paid for.”
Erica sighed now herself.
“Kazuma even invoked a Balancer’s Wrath on him.”
Burlock’s eyes went wide.
“He did not.”
Lyrica smiled.
“Judge herself oversaw the trial by Scale. Yeah, Kazuma got a punishment and Tyler a Goddess’s boon! Him AND the Warriors of his party! It hasn’t even MOVED his scale either! Kazuma lost his Scale titles and was cursed with Scale tipper and Tyler’s deeds were laid bare with irrefutable proof.”
Burlock laughed.
“As it should be, lad! The things ya did for the realm be nothing by the stuff of legends.”
Tyler smiled.
“Kazuma wanted the legend without working for it.”
They all sighed as Tyler nudged Whisper.
“We need to get her kitted out properly, Burlock. She gets a ruby vest, gauntlets, boots, bow an d daggers, with…what gem works best for black path?”
Burlock laughed.
“Jets or obsidian.”
“Jet greaves and bracers with a short sword in this design.”
Tyler took out a copy of the Kukri he’d drawn for Lily. Burlock looked at it and smiled.
“A Gnomeland weapon. A wise choice.”
“Of note, Whisper…am I good to talk about it?”
The were tiger nodded.
“I don’t really hide it.”
Tyler patted her fondly.
“Whisper be a Were tiger, so her gear needs to be shift friendly.”
Burlock nodded.
“I see. For this I need a lump of Smokey Quartz on top of the other gems for the grey Were path.”
“We got like 200 pounds of it.”
Burlock ran some numbers.
“The total gems are 50 rubies, 30 jets, and 50 pounds of the Quartz.”
Tyler smiled a she placed twice the amount on the counter, and Burlock nodded approvingly.
“Quality it is. The total this time is 554 gold, 66 silver 54 copper.”
Tyler placed 555 gold on the counter and Burlock smiled.
“I’ll have it ready for your return from the first raid.”
Tyler smiled.
“Outcasts, move out.”
They laughed and they left the shop and mounted up. Tyler led the way through the city as they were head for the villages first. Lily was riding on his horse as she wanted to look at his designs again, as it had become a habit since he’d given her them. Whisper was riding beside Wulf as the two coordinated their Ranger and Scout skills to see where they overlapped and where they completed the other’s gaps. Lily was looking at his Kukri design at that moment when she had a question.
“Hey, you wouldn’t happen to have more weapons like this in that library, would you?”
Tyler rubbed her belly fondly as he thought.
“I think so, Lily. We get back to the guild I’ll see if you like them.”
She smiled as she settled back against him.
“Thanks. I’m looking to start off on smaller blades with the malachite ore.”
“Oh, I have a few more knife designs you can use.”
“That works. Thanks.”
HE just hugged her as they passed through a wallgate into another the sector leading out of the city. Erica was happily chatting with her glowing daughters as they bragged, Lucy was on watch with Thistle while the party moved through the city, Ashy and Serafina were looking at daggers, Kaori was talking with Malico about Thorn, Lyrica was teasing Vixen in a verbal chess match between the two seductive beauties as Sasha the Husky rode in Sera’s basket on her horse just loving life, and Whisper was talking guide with Wulf. The party neared the exit gate and Tyler smiled as Lily put her notes away and readied to ride out. Once Tyler was under the gate he gave Thunder a tap and the massive beast took off along the road with the party rumbling behind in a sudden explosion of hooves. Tyler looked back to Erica and Whisper.
“One camp secret for the trail. So, todays ride is brough to you by poison Look what the cat dragged in.”
Ashy laughed as he hit play.
“Love you too!”
The music made Erica and Whisper smile widely.
“I love this sound.”
“Indeed, I’m curious what else he’s got.”
The party rode at a full gallop to the first village. This one having be hit by the Grand wall, and Tyler sighed as he saw the place. The village had maybe 20 buildings inside a mere wooden fence. Half the town had been flattened entirely as the moving wall had passed through. The party rode through the gate as a lady with tired grey eyes came to meet them.
“Are ye the Outcasts?”
Tyler smiled as he dismounted.
“Aye, miss. I be Tyler the Outcast.”
She breathed a sigh of relief that made her deflate.
“Oh thank the gods, Outcast. Please, the children.”
“Let’s get to it everyone.”
The party exploded into motion as Tyler went to a large building packed wall to wall with beds, as the party’s brown paths went to heal the injured animals, Sasha the husky patrolled the village border sniffing the air for trouble as everyone found a place to be useful. Tyler walked into the makeshift hospital as a lady with angel wings and a halo came walking over with clear relief.
“Outcast, thank the gods. What’s your strongest spell?”
“Divine Resurgence on demand.”
The lady just deflated from her sigh of relief.
“We have two that need the resurgence, the rest need mere Holy relief.”
“I’ll get the resurgence first.”
Tyler proved his mastery of the reattach spell as he healed both men in a mere hour and a half. Once they were set Tyler drank a mana potion before clapping his hands.
“Divine care!”
The area of effect spell covered the entire building as everyone got hit with his most powerful Holy relief en mass. The building was filled with laughter and giggles as his spell felt like a tickle before the room to the last was healed. Though, he did cast it twice more just to be sure. Tyler the went through the masses one at a time as Tyler didn’t believe in good enough. Once he was satisfied he left the grateful hospital to get an update from the others. Wulf and Whisper were looking at the grind marks left behind by the monster, so he started there.
“What’re we dealing with?”
Wulf gestured in the direction to the south.
“It’s maybe a few hours ahead of us. If we ride out at our usual pace we’ll catch it in a mere hour.”
Whisper was impressed.
“That quick?”
Tyler shrugged as the lady he’d met at the gate approached.
“We move fast.”
The lady bowed deeply and held out a pouch of coin.
“Here, Lord, fifty silver per the request.”
Tyler took out a pouch of 100 gold and placed it in her hands.
“You need this more an we do. I understand there was a spell on offer however.”
The lady had tears in her eyes as she held out the License.
“It’s called Loving cure, Lord. A Pink spell like you Holy relief, only instead of warmth or a tickle like your own spell it makes the healed feel loved.”
Tyler smiled as he looked to where Lillia was working with Ashy to heal a horse.
“Hey, Lillia, got a spell for ye.”
The lady gasped as she saw her spell be given to the princess. Lillia hugged the lady,
“We’ll have your home set in a little bit, miss. Thanks for the spell.”
She left to get back to it as Tyler looked in the direction of the Grand Wall.
“Okay, we’ll drop it, get some good ore from it and move to the next one. The lady just clutched the money to her chest as Tyler patted her shoulder.
“We’ll finish up and knock the wall down.”
He left to lend his strength to all and sundry and an hour later the village was well on the way to complete recovery as Tyler and his party rode out after the grand wall as the villagers cheered. Tyler had Whisper and Wulf beside him as Erica laughed.
“That village will be able to rebuild their homes AND replace their lost food stores with that much coin!”
Lyrica laughed as well.
“And Kazuma called him a heartless bastard.”
Tyler spotted the 300 foot long wall as it caved a path through the landscape.
“Heads up. I’ll hit it with Holy Sanctity. Everyone else watch your asses.”
They laughed as Tyler rode up behind the moving mountain and cast his spell.
“Holy Sanctity.”
The wall died with a rumble as Tyler rode away from the wall as it collapsed entirely. Once the rocks stopped falling Tyler laughed.
“Pickaxes out ladies and elf.”
Wulf snorted.
“Jackass.”
“I meant Lily, Wulf.”
Lily sighed.
“Uncle Wolf likes to feel important.”
“I guess so, Lily. Ashy, ya need to step it up!”
That got the ranger a warm kiss as the ladies laughed. The party fell upon the 300 foot long, 150 foot tall wall with a will and pickaxes. Tyler was smiling as they cleared the last rock away when a shadow passed by overhead. He looked to see a blue dragon circling overhead clearly looking for a place to land. Erica and Whisper gasped and backed away as Tyler pulled a mass of Sapphires from his pouch and placed them between the landing dragon and the party as he did not recognize this dragon. He stepped back as it landed and he got a good look at it. This blue dragon was 225 feet long and was maybe 75 feet high with a more serpentine appearance with a narrower chest and frame then Tempesta’s bulkier build. The dragon’s color was a lighter blue as well, whereas Tempesta was deep sky blue, this dragon was a light glacier blue. Tyler waited patiently as the dragon folded it’s feathery looking wings and got comfy before getting fixed with a 5 and a half foot eye the color of the ocean.
“So, you are Tyler the Outcast Tempesta brags about.”
Her, as it was a female dragon, voice was more akin to ocean waves then Tempesta’s rock slide. Tyler spoke in a kindly firm voice now.
“I be Tyler the Outcast. A pleasure to meet you Lady?”
The dragon laughed.
“I be Leviathan. Lady of the Oceans.”
“Yikes, okay note to self, do NOT piss of the Sea Dragon Queen.”
That got a laugh.
“I see your humor is as potent as he says. Now, the stones?”
“A way of greeting a new dragon. Usually a safe bet.”
She laughed again, and it reminded Tyler of ocean waves slamming into each other.
“A most wise stance indeed. Thank you Human.”
She took the pouch, and Tyler was surprised to see she had a pouch under her wing shoulder. She looked at him again now.
“I know you found my wing cloak.”
“We did, Lady Ocean. We do not have it on our party at the moment, as it is not wise to carry such treasure for long.”
She blinked.
“I sense the wealth you carry, Human, is the mere coin more worthy the carry then my wing?”
“Not even a little, Lady Waves. The wing is in a sealed drawer in my mansion only a very select few have access to. The seal can only be opened by myself, the blonde, or the cat. In the event of a forced open, it will detonate and destroy whatever is stored inside rather then them to fall into the unworthy hands. The coin and gems we can replace. A Dragon wing cloak, we cannot.”
The dragon rumbled with approval.
“Acceptable. And most wise indeed, Heart. That cloak was gifted to my first true Friend, and as such I wish it back in my trove.”
“We sadly do not have time to retrieve it for you before the wave, lady Hurricane. Our plan was to finish a few tasks before retrieving the cloak and placing it inside the pool in the Sea Caller temple in Yalik.”
The Ocean dragon nodded.
“A most wise plan indeed. That said, when you retrieve it, call to the sky my name and I shall retrieve it personally. Open your HUD, Heart, as I shall grant MY dragon friendship as well.”
Tyler smiled as he pulled it up.
“I thank you, Lady Leviathan.”
She flicked a bit of fire onto his HUD that resembled burning water, and he got a new set of flames.
“Oh HELL yeah!”
The Sea dragon watched with approval as he took in a breath.
“Ocean dragon roar!”
These flames were more like flaming water then out right fire with a deep green in the blue. Tyler was smiling as he let the fire die.
“I fucking LOVE dragon flame.”
That got a laugh from the ocean dragon.
“As it should be Warrior. Now, the true purpose of this visit.”
Tyler looked at her.
“This about that jackass that thought he could pick a fight with the ocean and WIN?”
She laughed as she looked at him.
“I sense a most healthy respect for the oceans in you, Heart. A healthy respect, and a little fear as well.”
“There is no force in this world more dangerous, powerful or cruel as the waters of the seas. Piss it off, and you will NOT live to tell the tale.”
The dragon had approval in her large eye.
“Well said, Heart. Very well said indeed. Plus true to a most extreme extent. As to your question, the summoner, indeed. I owe you a debt for seeking to defend my life even though you had no reason to.”
Tyler smiled.
“Much as the ocean scares the hell outta me, and as much as I hate those damned seagulls, I like it as well.”
The dragon laughed as he mentioned the gulls.
“I see, Heart. Your reward is your OWN wing Cloak.”
Tyler blinked, and looked at the hilts over his back.
“I am honored, lady Ocean, not sure how it would work though with my gear the way it is. But thank you.”
She snorted.
“It has the ability to make it so your weapons are shortened. Like that quiver you have. Even from the side, the true length of your gear will be hidden. Plus your bow and quiver will be as well. Just reach for them as you have and they will be there.”
“Now I just want to fuck with people. Again, I thank you.”
The dragon wrapped her soft, fuzzy wing around Tyler’s shoulders, and when she removed the appendage he was now wearing a hooded cloak of the deepest ocean blue that flowed gently in the early morning breeze. Tyler reached for his bow and quiver to feel them still there, and he smiled widely.
“I love how it feels, Lady Sea.”
She nodded approvingly.
“I also gifted those two spirits you have with you as it as well. As is only right for the place in your heart. The cloak’s clasp has an enchantment like that were you tap it for it to appear and disappear.”
“Thanks for the explanation, and the….discreteness.”
The lady dragon had caught kaori’s smile and had understood.
“Not at all, Heart. The cloak boosts Blue path power, even when hidden.”
Tyler tapped the dragon shaped clasp and he felt the cloak vanish. He tapped it again and felt it return.
“Neat trick.”
“The cloak is as strong as my own scale and is waterproof as well.”
“Be an odd kinda mismatch if a gifted garment from a Sea Dragon WASN’T waterproof.”
That made her laugh hard.
“Indeed it would Heart. I must return to the hunt, farewell.”
“Same to you, Leviathan. Have fun with the Worms. Hey, next time you need to get a coward out of a hole call it Wormscale. Watch the blind rage.”
She just cracked out as she spread her wings.
“If we find a cave we are to ask YOU for the aid in drawing it out.”
She flew off as Tyler laughed.
“I see Tempesta’s sister dragon is even MORE intense then he is. Kinda fitting for some odd reason.”
There was a pile of 50 scales Tyler added to the collection.
“How we doing on the Wall?”
Lily spoke up as Erica and Whisper recovered their color.
“We’re good. We got 30 tons of granite, another 25 of white marble, 4 tons of Blood Platinum, Gold, silver and copper. Plus a few gems as well.”
“Anything decent?”
Lillia perked up.
“I claimed a Pink Sapphire I liked. Plus a rather pretty bit of amethyst.”
Tyler smiled.
“I’ll have Seline polish em up for you room at the mansion, Lillia.”
“Love you.”
“Love you too Sis. We got the plains striders and that village they hit next. Load up.”
The party moved with practiced ease up in their saddles as Whisper and Erica got whiplash from the pace the party moved and switched gears. Erica asked Lyrica on the frantic pace the party had as they rode out.
“Is it always this intense with them?”
Lyrica shrugged.
“I guess Tyler got serious for the wave. I’m not too sure myself.”
Malico was in earshot and she dropped back to speak with the pair.
“Tyler’s pace in his camp is usually pretty laid back. Then again we were mostly bouncing from town to town on our way to Cragspire.”
Whisper was curious.
“ That was some journey you all went on, Malico. What was the day to day like for the trip?”
The busty catgirl shrugged.
“We’d wake up, he’d look at the road ahead and consult with Wulf and kaori, then we’d spend the day either in the saddle, baiting bandits for fun, or seeing what else popped up along the way.”
The three ladies perked up at the prospect of bandit baiting.
“What’s his strategy?”
“KAORI’S strategy is to just ignore our surroundings as tyler flaunts our gold in their face. Works every time. Fact our party is mostly beauties with only two men makes it just that much more tempting. Plus sera and Lily’s presence adds children into the mix.”
Erica and Lyrica looked at each other a little shocked.
“That’s kinda scary simple.”
“We’d have either you, me, or Eri in a long cloak looking like an old lady.”
Malico burst out laughing hard at that one. The two experienced adventurers looked at her confused.
“What’s so funny? It works!”
Malico wiped a tear from her eye with her tail.
“Let me guess, that was gruven’s idea?”
They blinked.
“It was. How’d you guess?”
Malico flicked her long tail at Tyler in the lead.
“Tyler threw it out as an option when we first started planning for it. Kaori thought we were overthinking it and that’s when he started calling her Shadow instead of barbie.”
The two looked at each other and smiled.
“See?”
“It’s scary.”
The party reached the second village and Tyler sighed as he saw a good five buildings of the 15 building village had extensive damage. The party rode into the village as the clear chief came up with a few tired looking men.
“Please tell us ye be here to help?”
Tyler swung down to look the man in the eye.
“Aye. I be Tyler the Outcast. I brought me party. Where’s your wounded?”
The men smiled with relief.
“Right this way, jack here will give the others the spots they need the most aid.”
“Outcasts, you-ah fuck ya know the rest.”
They laughed as Tyler went to the long hall that once again packed with wounded. Tyler smiled as he used his spell
“Divine Care.”
The area of effect cloaked the building and the people just started crying from the relief from the pain. Tyler cast the spell two more times and did his once over with Holy relief before he was satisfied. Once he was he went to check on the others. The party had used their strengths to clean the mess as much as they could in the short time, and Tyler gave the chief 150 gold this time around.
“Clean the mess right.”
The man just bear hugged the Outcast out of pure joy.
“Oi! Put, the Outcast, down.”
The town lost it as Tyler had been lifted off his feet by the overjoyed man, and his exasperated tone just made it the funnier. He was placed on his feet and Lucy was heard laughing.
“A most amusing laddee, an no mistake. Even IF he be a wee one!”
Tyler shrugged.
“Eh. I’ll just have you reach the top shelf for me Lucy. Least doors don’t fight back.”
The 7 foot tall barbarian lady burst out laughing as the others did too. Tyler looked to Wulf and Whisper after the joke had passed.
“Okay, how far off are they?”
The two guides looked at each other.
“Two hours?”
“Aye, was thinking closer to three, but that fits the better.”
“Let’s ride out!”
The party were on their horses and back on the hunt mere moments later.
“Wulf, that bill say how many we’re dealing with?”
the ranger looked at the bill as he had it on him.
“Says a Stampede. So, we’re looking at maybe 15 animals.”
“And they’re all the size of the long house. Okay, Sera, Lillia and Lily bows with piercers only, stay mounted and back from the action. We need to get them corralled for a clean hunt.”
Vixen spoke up.
“I and Lyrica can use our illusions to aid this.”
“Why the hell don’t we do that more? That’ll be you two enchantresses task for this hunt.”
Lyrica smiled.
“I love you too, but to clarify?”
“Yeah?”
“An enchantress in our world is a magical prostitute. Like they use sex spells for their trade.”
“Well, Lyrica, YOUR sex enchanted me. So, I guess I’m spellbound!”
the entire party just applauded the word play as Lyrica shivered like she was freezing.
“Ohhh, PLEASE let’s have our own room tonight!”
Kaori smiled.
“I’ll get stuffed by Malico then. Lily, Vixen, pile?”
The ladies smiled as Tyler smiled.
“I got me Lyrica. Sounds comfy.”
Erica and Whisper looked at the now eagerly leering Lily.
“I guess she is at the age for mountain elves.”
“I guess so. I just hope she’s careful.”
Serafina dropped back to speak with the kindly ladies.
“Lily is very careful. Plus, Tyler just refuses to let her do anything spear related.”
They breathed a sigh of relief as Erica noted something.
“Do they play?”
The shy wraith nodded.
“Lily loves him fiercely. Like a brother and like a lover. He loves her just as fiercely, as a sister with benefits as her size makes it a little uncomfortable for him. When she says things and he says he’s running for his life or retreating or whatever, he’s letting the other ladies step in for their part as we’re all teaching Lily how to be careful with both her love and body.”
The two smiled widely now.
“He is a most wonderful brother then.”
“And when the time comes an even better lover.”
Serafina gazed at the man leading them with warm purple eyes.
“Lily means a lot to him. When we were in Yalik and had our close call, Lily saved us. But, the poor girl had been saying her arm was hurting from her training before the battles, and after she was so tired she couldn’t even move. He was scared shitless by just how weak she was. Once the wheels were turning to his satisfaction, he put her in Lymir’s bed, shut the door, and did not leave her side until she was able to wack him the way he loves. Even then he did not leave her side for nearly three days as her arm was still worrying him. HE even bought her a cream and made her soak in the sea caller temple’s healing waters as he was just that concerned.”
Erica looked to where Lily was riding with Sera and the two girls were clearly loving Sasha’s fur behind them and smiled.
“My girls have picked a fine brother.”
Whisper nodded.
“Indeed. He loves those girls like a brother.”
Tyler was at that moment loving the feel of his new blue cloak flowing out behind him. Wulf just chuckled.
“Never had you pegged for a cloak guy, Tyler.”
He chuckled.
“Me neither. It’s kinda cool though. I don’t think I’ll wear it into battle though. Seems a good way for stupid deaths.”
The ranger laughed.
“Right? The herd’s up ahead though.”
Tyler tapped his clasp and pulled his bow as the party followed suit. The creatures were seen and once again they were mere large elephants with four tusks instead of two. Vixen and Lyrica used their spells to herd the animals into a tight huddle as Tyler and the party nocked multiple shafts to strings.
“Multi Shot!”
The 15 members fired and the beasts fell with a rumble of pained surprise. Once the last fell, Tyler and the party descended upon them to butcher and collect them. Whisper was right beside them as Erica needed a little instruction on just how to carve up such a beast. Whisper was looking at a 9 foot tusk as Lily tapped a knuckle on it.
“Like it?”
The Were tiger smiled at the fiery elf.
“I like carving ivory.”
“Well, say so. Tyler loves it when we have a trade to practice or a hobby we like.”
The blue haired adventurer looked over to where Tyler was holding a leg up for Kaori to cut.
“Hey, Tyler mind if I get a tusk or two? I can make some good carvings with it.”
Tyler smiled at her.
“Sure, Whisper. If ya like, I’ll set up a hutch in the mansion for yer best work if ya like.”
She smiled now.
“Sure, I usually sell them as I get good coin from it.”
“That works too. Just split the tusk between you and Lily as she uses it too for her weapons.”
“Got it!”
The lady looked at a smiling Lily.
“I’m kinda amazed at just how easy that was. I’ve been a part of camps where everything of value was sold and the coin funneled to the leader.”
Lily placed the large tusk into the crafting pouch as she replied.
“Tyler isn’t like that, Whisper. We have two lisks to kill today, watch how much he claims for himself. Long as it’s not something vital or needed for something specific he doesn’t really care about the loot.”
Whisper helped the elven smith collect the tusks as the meat was taken in it’s entirety.
“It’s rather refreshing to see a camp leader that actually shares the loot with the party.”
Lily chuckled fondly as she pulled her skinning knife out.
“Hey, can you hold this leg up, please? Thanks. Tyler will only take something for himself if he needs it or can use it. We found a dragon trove and he merely claimed a sword, a fist sized onyx, a spear, and a pair of greaves for himself. Coin he just takes what he needs for a purchase and is done with it. We trust him with our money as anything he really buys has a purpose beyond mere looks. If he DOES buy something for himself, we just smile and nod as he does it so very rarely.”
The beasts were butchered and collected before Tyler looked at the bills.
“Okay, the villages, Striders and Wall are done. Next up is, wow, that Tomb raid. Wulf.”
“Got it.”
The party rode to the farmer’s land. The man was putting in a fence around the cave entrance as tyler and the party rode up.
“Hail, Sirrah. Be ye with the guild?”
Tyler swung down to shake the man’s hand.
“Aye, Sirrah. I be Tyler the Outcast and me party.”
The farmer smiled widely.
“I merely want a tomb cleaned, and I get the outcasts themselves coming to do the deed? Me girl is going to have a tale to tell now!”
“Sounds like fun, Sirrah. What of the cave?”
The man gestured to the ten foot opening.
“The ground gave out after a heavy dew one morning, and upon some investigatin I found a stone coffin inside a sealed chamber. I am not ashamed to admit I ran fer me life. Now, let’s talk yer fee.”
“Let’s see what’s down there first. We’ll kill it, and go from there. Sound fair?”
The farmer shook his hand.
“Agreed. No sense in counting chickens before they hatch.”
Tyler looked at his party.
“Alright, let’s see. Vixen, Sera, Lyrica, Erica, annnnd, kaori. Rest set up shop in case of something else being down there. Lily comes too.”
The party nodded as Tyr jumped into the cave first. HE landed in the ten foot shaft and looked up.
“It’s a ten foot drop, so heads up.”
The killers dropped without issue, and Tyler led the way with his detection up as Lily prospected the walls. Erica then made a point.
“Umm, so you know, I can’t see in the dark.”
Vixen smiled as she placed a skill in her hand.
“I’m sorry. I was going to give you this yesterday, but Kazuma made me forget.”
Erica smiled as she placed the Night Sight skill into her HUD.
“Better. Thanks.”
“Sure.”
Tyler kept his skills forward,
“We got TWO hollow feelings down here. Heads up.”
The party nodded as Tyler went to the first.
“Vixen?”
The mage held up her hand.
“Clean. No curses.”
They stepped into the chamber and Tyler grasped ther lid as Sera took the foot, Lyrica by Vixen, Lily by Tyler and Erica looked for her spot.
“Mommy, get to my right and be ready with a heavy slash.”
Erica smield proudly at her daughter’s confident, quiet orders. She took the spot as Tyler gripped the stone.
“Ready?”
“Set.”
“Throw it.”
“Good.”
“I got it.”
Tyler tore it to the side as a skeleton sat up. Vixen and Lyrica blinked.
“Grand Lich. Head and Heart.”
Tyler had his twin holy scimitars out and slammed them into the thing, and pinned it against the lid.
“Got it!”
Sera had her bow up and fired three shafts into the things head as Erica stabbed with her holy lance as Lyrica and Vixen cast anti undead spells as Lily smashed her Additite sword on the chattering thing’s head. Sera had another set of shafts and fired. These splitting the thing’s head cleanly, killing it. Tyler smiled.
“Good kill Sera!”
She smiled widely as her mother hugged her girl.
“Well done Sweetie!”
Sera glowed as Tyler looked at the thing’s weapon.
“We got a black weapon Vixen.”
The mage looked at it and sighed.
“We have a mace of Supplantation. Get hit and it shatters your mind entirely. I’ll handle it as you’ll lose a hand.”
Tyler nodded as Erica had a question.
“What will we do with it? You’re not planning to sell it to the black market, right?”
Tyler shook his head as they searched the chamber.
“No, we usually go to a white purity temple and let them destroy it. Or destroy it ourselves if one is not available.”
The black haired lady smiled in relief.
“I just wanted to hear it said.”
Sera patted her mother.
“We get it, Mommy. Tyler gets burned so much by them it’s kinda funny.”
“She giggles every time too.”
The coffin held 1232 gold, 555 silver, 859 copper. The walls of the tomb yielded blood Platinum, Pure Magicite, and another vein of Pure black Magicite which Vixen had to handle. The next hollow spot was felt just outside the chamber to the right. Tyler used his pickaxe to knock a hole in the wall and smiled widely as he looked inside.
“We’ve got a demon chamber ladies.”
Erica went white as Tyler booted the wall down for better access.
“We need to get the others!”
Tyler shrugged.
“Eh. I got this.”
He just walked in whistling as the flames lit up and the laughter was heard.
“At LAST live prey!”
A 15 foot demon with jet black skin and deep blue wings dropped to the floor as Tyler looked it over with a bored expression. It’s head was a pig’s head this time, and Tyler smiled.
“I smell bacon, I smell pork, look out piggy, I got a fork!”
The demon had a comical vein bulge on it’s forehead as Tyler pulled the trident he was planning to give to Lymir out.
“See? I got a fork! Now I’m hungry, dammit. Hey, big guy, ya feel like bacon?”
Another vein was seen as it fought to keep it’s rage under control in the face of this most infuriating human. Tyler shrugged.
“Hmm, I wonder how demon bacon tastes? Must suck honestly. Well, at least I ain’t PIG HEADED!”
The demon bellowed as it’s rage boiled over and exploded under this most enraging human. The thing looked down to attack, only Tyler had lunged with the Trident soon as it lifted it’s head. Tyler stabbed it in the heart and laughed.
“Stuck a fork in ya and you done.”
The thing just roared in enraged fury as it died. Tyler took the horn as the chamber shattered. The ladies were applauding another successful demon kill as Erica and Lyrica looked at each other in disbelief.
“He just killed a Swine Balor.”
“And it was terrifyingly easy for him!”
Lily was prospecting as Tyler aided her. The room was empty of any valuable material as Vixen obliterated the circle. They left the cave and hopped out to give the report. Tyler looked at the sky.
“Found another demon chamber Tempesta.”
The farmer was stunned as Tempesta landed mere moments later. The dragon noted the farmer and chuckled.
“Another underground battle?”
“Sadly yes. Here’s the horn.”
Tyler lifted it up and the dragon blinked.
“A Swine Balor? That’s a rare beast. Was it slow?”
Tyler smiled as he pulled out the trident.
“It suffered death by fork. With really bad pig puns the whole way back to hell.”
The dragon nodded in approval.
“I like that. Was it his?”
Vixen stepped forward.
“No, Lord Blue. This one was older then even the Elven Kingdom. The methods were of a primitive design, and were crudely implemented. I believe an old cult of demon worshippers in the distant past.”
The dragon nodded as Tyler put the horn away and pulled the Kukri design out. Tempesta looked at it with interest.
“I have not seen such a weapon in many centuries. I trust the elf will put it to steel?”
“Honestly? COMPLETELY forgot I made this one already. I’ll get it to Willow next chance I get.”
The dragon laughed.
“Of course you did. Very well. I see my sister found you.”
“Dude, she’s intense.”
The blue nodded in wholehearted agreement.
“You have NO idea. I see she gifted you her wing.”
“I freakin love this thing. Still weird to wear a cloak, but that’s just a me thing.”
Tempesta chuckled.
“So, that other bastard? HE got a nasty surprise this morning.”
“Welcome to hell! Your new asshole fitting is right this way!”
The dragon busted up laughing as a small girl with red hair and fair skin came out of the farm house and screamed in shock at seeing a high dragon sitting in her front yard. The farmer looked as his wife and Daughter were shaking in fear at the massive beast.
“It’s okay, dears, Tyler the Outcast is having a wee meeting.”
They relaxed and came over most nervously as Tempesta eyed them curiously. The girl was gazing at the massive creature with huge grey eyes as Tyler chuckled.
“Hi, Miss.”
She looked over and saw Tyler waving at her.
“The Outcast?”
“In the jackassery. Your father here found something in the hole he wanted our help with. Plus, he said his cute daughter needed a story to tell. Tempesta here is just for a deal we got going.”
The wife smiled widely as she saw Tyler’s ploy as the girl gasped and hugged her father Tempesta gave Tyler the usual scales for a demon kill. Tyler hugged the small girl as well, and looked at Sera. The girl laughed and gave her a taste of hug death as Erica smiled fondly.
“She has a helluva story to tell now.”
The queen got down to hug the now nearly mind shattered girl herself as the farmer and wife looked on in awe at seeing their queen hug their girl. Tyler looked to the farmer, and placed a pouch with half the haul from the tomb in his hand.
“Here, we be taking the ore we found, but half the coin sounds fair.”
The farmer looked and gasped as he saw the gold. Then he looked at Tyler with tears of gratitude.
“Thank you Lord!”
Tyler chuckled as he patted the man.
“No biggee.”
Tyler looked up to the dragon now.
“I got nothing else.”
The dragon chuckled.
“I must get back to the hunt.”
He flew off as Tyler looked to the farmer.
“I’d fill that cave in, as there’s no escape for rain water down there.”
The man nodded.
“Agreed. Thank you again.”
Tyler and his party mounted up and rode off to their next kill. Tyler looked at the bills.
“Okay, let’s see. The Green Lisk is up next.”
Wulf smiled.
“Green lisks have the best meat.”
“I like where this is going.”
The party rode along and found the small canyon the creature claimed as it’s own. Tyler looked around and smiled as he saw other dead adventurers.
“Erica, stay with Sera and Lillia. Arrows only for you. Same for you Whisper.”
The ladies nodded as Tyler pulled his own mythril spear out while the party readied up. Tyler smiled as the party moved out in a semicircle behind him to move forward. They spotted the thing soon enough, and it leapt to it’s feet with a hissing roar. Tyler smiled as the first volley of arrows slammed into the thing’s wing stumps and neck as he, Lucy and Thistle charged with their heavy weapons, Serafina hidden in their shadows looking for an opening, Lily beside Tyler with her shield up, as Wulf, Ashy, Sera, Lillia, Malico, Erica and Whisper lobbed arrows over the melee fighters’ heads, Lyrica and Vixen were casting stunner and blind spells, and Kaori was adding her own spells as Tyler had said for her to practice. Sasha had been lift to guard the horses as lisk fighting was no job for a husky. The lisk was utterly overwhelmed by the powerful party, as Sera smiled as she saw an opening after Tyler stabbed the thing with his billed spear. The princess took aim and fired. Her arrow slamming into the groove Tyler had pointed out to her and piercing the thing’s heart at 75 feet. The lisk gurgled as it died, hitting the ground with a nasty thud.
“Helluva shot Sera!”
The girl looked at Wulf now.
“Teehee, that’s TWO, elfy!”
Wulf smiled.
“My day will come little Sera.”
Erica was just smiling proudly as her daughter killed a lisk with an arrow. Tyler allowed Sera another moment to gloat before reining her in.
“Alright, knives out. Lily, vixen, Erica, Whisper, and Lyrica with me to get paid.”
The highly efficient party hopped to it with a will. Tyler led his looters to search for the trove, and after a mere five minutes they found it. The Outcast dropped into the cave with the ladies behind him as they sought the pile. The thing was 6 feet high of coin, gems, various weapon and armor. Whisper smiled as she went to start looting but,
“Hold up Whisper, caves not safe enough yet.”
The Were tiger looked at him curiously.
“Something wrong?”
Tyler nodded to a slab.
“Got another hollow feeling. We never loot or let our guards down until the cave feels safe. Or really anywhere for that matter.”
“For when the shield is lowered is when the dagger gets you.”
Whisper smiled.
“A wise saying and an even more wisdom behind it.”
Tyler chuckled as he tore open the hollow feeling in the stone. Inside was another tomb, and Vixen held up a hand.
“Clean.”
Tyler looked at the ladies.
“Vixen, Lyrica, Whisper, Erica.”
The ladies nodded. And took up spots as Lily did her own thing. Tyler took the lid in his hand.
“Ready ladies?”
They nodded and he tore it aside. The chattering corpse was seen and Vixen smiled.
“High Lich. Heart!”
Tyler smiled as he pinned it against the coffin.
“Got it!”
Whisper threw her red dagger as Erica stabbed with her holy lance. Lyrica dn vixen watched as this creature was more for the two newest Outcasts then them. Whisper’s dagger hit the thing in the rib as Erica pierced the rib cage with her long bladed weapon. The thing died as Whisper gave a disgusted snort.
“I missed.”
Tyler chuckled as he gave her dagger back.
“Did you miss? Or?”
Whisper took her blade back as she pondered the question.
“Or? I threw a dagger and it hit a rib,”
“Was the dagger the right took for the job?”
Her yellow eyes narrowed now as she reviewed the battle.
“I have daggers, axes, which are not the best for just precise ranged work….my BOW! I should’ve swapped to my bow since my melee weapons aren’t the most ideal for precise range work like that.”
Tyler nodded smiling.
“Yup. We all use the best tool for the situation. I myself prefer the short sword, yet I use holy scimitars for pinning the thing.”
The experienced adventurer laughed.
“And I had a hole in my planning and lost out on the kill. I see now. So THAT’S how your lessons work. Okay, Tyler, fair enough.”
Tyler just patted her affectionately.
“You’ll get there. More a practice thing in MY camp really. My suggestion is to get a lance or a spear or some other long blade for piercing hearts.”
She leered at him now.
“I still WILL claim what’s mine.”
Tyler just kissed her hard.
“We’ll get plenty of time, my THIRD favorite kittycat.”
She smiled.
“Who’s in first?”
“Myuki o couse!”
Vixen busted up laughing.
“Malico’s little sister. She’s still a mere kitten though.”
Erica smiled widely.
“He does like the big brother thing.”
Tyler shrugged.
“eh. I like cats.”
The ladies lost it as Lily poked her head in.
“Ya done?”
“Yup. It’s ready for you Lily.”
The elf girl smiled as she hugged him.
“Still too big. But, I’ll break it when it be my turn.”
“Yup, I’m screwed. Hey, look, coin!”
They looted the tomb as Lily Prospected the cave. The lich’s weapon was a Magicite mace Tyler found oddly nifty. The weapon was 5 feet long and the head was in the shape of a flying dragon wings bent over the back. Tyler looked at it as the ladies put the coin away.
“Do we HAVE anyone that can use a mace?”
Lily looked at the thing.
“Not really. Could see if Sera or Thistle likes it.”
Tyler shrugged and set the weapon on his belt as the coffin was emptied. Result? 436 gold, 666 silver, 785 copper. The trove was next and Whisper pulled a hand and a half bastard sword with a collapse function, red Magicite blade in a wavy pattern, and ruby pommel from the pile.
“I think I’ll claim this. That sound good?”
Tyler shrugged.
“Sure. You need a long blade. Can you use it?”
She collapsed it into a mere 6 inch knife and put it into a belt slot.
“I can, not as well as others, but I can.”
Tyler picked up a pair of wrist rings.
“The hell are these?”
Vixen looked at them as he turned the blue metal items.
“Oh, those? Arm bands made just to boost the blue path. Most mages of power have at least one. That said, they be rare as you need the corresponding gems to make em.”
Tyler put on his arm and it glowed a deep blue.
“Neat trick.”
He tossed the other to Erica and she laughed.
“I see you want me to prioritize me blue.”
“We need another defense mage.”
She put the band on smiling.
“Wise choice indeed. My best defense spell be 65 foot tall, 150 foot long WaterWall.”
“You have the follow up?”
She shook her head.
“Alas, I do not. I’ve been looking for it to be honest.”
Lyrica tilted her blood haired head.
“I might have it in me shop. If not, the blue magic shop by the palace should.”
Erica smiled.
“I’ll have a look. Hey, just a thought, but since you own a shop but roam with us, how will it work?”
Tyler and Lyrica looked at each other.
“Discount for the party?”
The succubus smiled.
“That works. Say, 25% off?”
“And laying with you is priceless.”
She shivered again as the ladies applauded.
“I love you!”
He kissed her before they looted the trove. This trove had 5464 gold, 6689 silver, 8795 copper. Tyler looked at the three newcomers.
“Set up for a bit. We got a few things to tell you.”
Lyrica smiled as Erica and Whisper looked at each other before sitting on rocks. Tyler placed his hands on the ground.
“We’ll start with the cute. Protective warning, hallowed ground, Tranquil water, holy purge.”
Once the defense spells were in place, Sallie and Sylvia made they glowing entrance sitting on his shoulders. Erica and Whisper gasped in surprise. Tyler smiled as he made the introductions.
“This cutie with the green hair and blue eyes is Sallie. She was left to die at the hands of ten goblins by Charlotte the coward. Now she’s with us. She and her spirit sister here have the maximized skill spirit shell. So, when in camp after the spells are up, they join us for whatever. Sera usually just kidnaps them for her own pile though.”
Erica smiled as Whisper chuckled.
“She’s so cute.”
“Aye. I get it now.”
Tyler then gestured to the other cutie.
“This here is Sylvia. Remember my scars and how my family gave them to me? Sylvia wasn’t as lucky as me. We found her in a well after their games. Now she rides with us as well.”
Sallie and Sylvia hopped off his shoulders to hug the newcomers.
“Nice to meetcha! I’m Sallie!”
“I’m Sylvia!”
Sallie giggled.
“We’re spirit sisters!”
Tyler laughed.
“Damn girls, that’s a seriously metal intro.”
Kaori came down now from the butchering.
“We felt the spells go up, guess it’s secret time?”
The two spirits giggled.
“Hi Mommy!”
They got a hug as Erica and Whisper looked at Tyler as Sallie skipped over.
“Daddy, can I pet the husky?”
“Long as she comes here, Sparkles.”
“Kay!”
Sera came in next with Sasha as Erica smiled.
“I see they’ve chosen you two.”
Sylvia was heard to giggle.
“Or Lily if Kaori loses!”
“I’m just gonna run fer me life now.”
Sallie as getting her fill of Sasha’s sift fur as Sylvia joined her with Sera. Erica and Whisper awww’d at the cute of the girls and the husky. Tyler smiled now.
“Now, the girls are NOT to be mentioned PERIOD. When in shell form, if they die again we lose them. Period. This IS NOT AN OPTION.”
The ladies nodded vehemently. Tyler looked at Lyrica.
“Can doppelgangers reach them?”
The succubus shook her head smiling.
“Not with your extreme willpower. Like of it like a dome in the spirit world over those two. Higher the number, more impenetrable it becomes. Not even a god can get through those numbers if you do not want them to.”
Tyler showed the curious ladies his HUD.
“This is what she’s talking about.”
They smiled as they saw the numbers.
“Explains why fighting 7 lich kings in one day was possible for him.”
Tyler smiled knowingly now.
“We, as in me, Kaori and Malico found Vernillionia’s body.”
The queen jumped as Whisper gasped. Erica spoke now.
“What did you find?”
Tyler smiled.
“We found his body, ring, crown and last will. We have them sealed inside my drawer in the mansion.”
Whisper just laughed.
“No kingship for you.”
Erica’s blue eyes narrowed, then went wide.
“Kazuma!”
Tyler sighed.
“Yup. Back when we found it, the plan was in the event of an unfavorable decree, we play the chosen king card, king Ishtar off then throne and put Kazuma on it. We had no idea he was such a bastard though.”
Erica was nodding sagely.
“I understand. And am most impressed you even thought that far ahead. Kazuma was just an unfortunate mess.”
“Yup. But now we got Axe.”
The queen blinked.
“You made the instant you saw him.”
“Like I keep telling everyone, all I want is to go on adventures with the ones I love. Well, and to keep Kaori here alive.”
She kissed him as Whisper smiled.
“I can keep this secret.”
Erica nodded as well.
“As can I. Feels wrong to keep it from Ishtar though.
“Oh he knows. Gliepnir was Fenrir.”
Erica just busted up laughing.
“Of course it was. Anything else?”
Tyler smiled darkly now.
“This is my party’s greatest weapon, ladies. Do NOT utter a word about it to anyone outside the party. Not even Ishtar knows this one.”
They nodded now.
“I have a special ability which, when activated, boosts my stats by 350 for 20 minutes, spells cost nothing, do not need a chant and are four times as powerful. I can use this form twice a day, with another form once on top that boosts for 500, lasts for 30 minutes, and spells to the rest with a 5 times multiplier. The base forms once they run out leave me utterly helpless for fifteen minutes, whereas the big one is a full 25.”
The two gaped.
“The name?”
The smiled with a dark light in his brown eyes.
“Demon’s Wrath.”
They shivered at the name and image he just presented. Then Erica smiled.
“I see what you were warning Kazuma about. He has one too, right?”
“He does. His does the same, but the boosts all go to defense stats and the spell boosts go to defense magic. He’s a living shield basically.”
Whisper was nodding.
“And yours is a all rounder based on offense.”
Tyler smiled.
“Kicker is he used his BASE version. The skill upgrades through use, and that was his first time using it. I use mine maybe once a day or more if the shit hits the fan.”
Lyrica smiled.
“I’ve seen it. All we’ll see is a mere blur as whatever was standing there turns into mush.”
Tyler chuckled.
“That’s basically it for the real secrets as you already know I’m Minus Mortal Husband and have a scroll with direct contact with her, plus the crystals. Only thing really is my other trick Roar of the forest, but I think that’s more just a dragon thing. You know about the raiser we’re hunting, and I guess that really does it for camp secrets.”
The two new comers nodded.
“I understand.”
“Not a word.”
Tyler looked to the still playing spirits.
“Sorry, girls. We got to get back to it.”
Sera hugged them as Sasha licked their faces. Sallie and Sylvia gave a round of hugs before retaking their spots on his shoulders to return to spirit form. Lily spoke up now.
“Ore’s marked.”
“Once over with a comb, ladies and husky.”
The grey girl barked happily as sera hugged her. The cave was strip mined as Wulf yelled from the entrance.
“Lisk’s clean!”
“Those other dead guys?”
“Same! We got a few weapons to go through, 50 gold, 43 silver and about 55 coppers. The armor was ruined by the thing’s breath.”
“Got it, we’ll be out in a minute.”
Once the cave was his level clean Tyler led the ladies to the small pile of weapons the fallen adventurers had brought with them. Tyler looked at the pile, and shrugged.
“Nothing’s really jumping at me, anything for you guys?”
Lily was looking over the mound and stepped back with a shrug.
“The steel’s decent but I have better materials to both work and practice with.”
The party went over the mound and the census was a universal shrug.
“Nothing really useful or particularly valuable.”
Tyler looked at Erica.
“Wanna use these as an in at the markets?”
The queen nodded.
“Best option really. These are good weapons really, just useless to us. I’ll show you the place when we get back.”
“Alright, we got a new venue to sell shit.”
They laughed and rode to the next one. Tyler had the bills up and smiled.
“The gathering is next up. Lily, Sera, and Lillia stay back. We’ll hold you test at the hill camp.”
Erica, Whisper and Lyrica looked at him.
“What’s their test?”
“To kill a hill giant without our aid or bows. Straightup sword play ONLY. One on one.”
The mother to the girls was a little angry now.
“And we will be?”
“We’ll be sittin on a rock or something watching the action. AFTER we kill the other hills first.”
Erica was about o argue, when Sera reached over and patted her mother.
“Not like I haven’t done it already. This be just good practice.”
She looked at her incredulously.
“He’s done this to you ALREADY?”
Lillia was heard then.
“You either step the fuck up or get fucked up. I’ve BEEN fucked up once. Never again.”
“Atta girl!”
Lillia got pats from the nearby ladies as Erica just looked at Tyler.
“You really think this is a fair test?”
His reply stopped her arguments in their tracks.
“Have faith in your daughters Erica. We all do.”
She gasped and just smiled now.
“I need to remember who they’ve been running with these last few months.”
“Nice to see ya actually give a damn. Ashy?”
The dirty blonde hit the song.
“Sorry, my give a damn’s busted.”
The ladies loved the song’s message. Especially Lucy.
“I like this lady.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I got a few like that.”
The Gathering of Hill giants was felt more then seen as they got close. The horses were hidden as Tyler led his party to the large circle of rocks that the creatures had taken. Tyler had Gliepnir and Fafnir out as the party moved into the shadow of the stone. The ground was shaking from the beasts steps, and they climbed up to get a better view. Tyler smiled as he saw the inside of the cluster of stone. There were 120 giants all 35 feet tall milling around with a curious specimen sitting on a throne of white marble. The thing was 30 feet tall, had stone grey skin, and was bulkier then the other giants. Wulf saw it and smiled.
“We have a Hill King.”
Tyler and Ashy looked at each other.
“King of the Hill?”
“Damn it Bobby.”
The two laughed quietly. Then tyler got serious.
“Okay, archers stay up here, Erica, get a water wall over that entrance. I’ll put up some ice. Vixen, Lyrica, illusions, Serafina, you’re up here. Those pretty fangs aren’t suited for this kind of thing. Those daggers aren’t either. Lucy, throw those spears as well, things drop giants like flies. Thistle, we’ll drop in to get their attention once the door shuts. Question, issues, Wulf?”
The ranger just sighed.
“And so it continues.”
The party smiled as they took their spots up. Tyler and Erica charged their spells.
“Ice wall.”
“Water wall.”
Erica’s water rose up to cut off the only exit out of the ring of rocks, and Tyler’s ice wall just reinforced it. The creatures gaped at the sudden appearance of the water and ice as the Hill King grunted at them. The things moved to try and respond as the first hail of arrows dropped 12 creatures as tyler and thistle dropped to the ground.
“Azur Wave!”
“Blood slash!”
Tyler dove at the legs of the giants as thistle stayed back to back to him as his shard spell slammed into the creatures, felling a fair few as Thistle’s spell sent a small wave of dripping energy from her Magicite axe that cut through the legs of many giants toppling them. Up on the rock, Sera and Wulf were competing again.
“Look, Elfy! I got two! Silver shaft.”
“Well done, Sera. Only I got four. Shadow shaft.”
Sera growled in frustration now.
“Gods damned elf.”
Erica was laughing as she listened to her daughter give an elven ranger a run for his coin.
“She’s quite competitive.”
Lucy was pulling throwing spears out and hurling them with a vicious strength to fell beasts with a single hit. The hulking barbarian smiled.
“Aye, that she be. Sera loves her spot as best shot dearly, as she worked hard to get it.”
Malico was on the other side of the queen as she fired her green bow.
“Plus, TYLER said she was the best shot on the team. Sera looks up to him like a brother and a hero. So, she wants to impress him as well.”
Erica smiled proudly as Sera’s latest shot dropped three giants in a line.
“He taught her well.”
The battle raged for a mere ten minutes before Tyler reached the Hill King. The thing pulled a sword but by the time the blade was halfway drawn Tyler had cut it’s legs out from under the thing. It hit the dirt with Tyler right up on it stabbing it in the heart. The spells were let go as Tyler looked to the rock.
“We good?”
The party dropped to the ground to do a body check. Sera walked over frustrated.
“That damned elf BEAT ME! By ONE!”
Tyler patted her hair.
“Git him next time.”
She had a fire in her blue eyes now.
“Ooh, I’m GONNA!”
Tyler just hugged her.
“Damn, Sera, you intense. But you cute so I love you.”
She squeaked and hugged him back glowing. Lillia was flexing her fingers.
“Been a while since I’ve had to draw bow so much so long. I’m good though.”
Lily just sighed.
“I didn’t really have a place in this fight. Too many for the ground, and I’m not that good with a bow. I got a few though, but still.”
Tyler rubbed her hair.
“We all got a place, Lily. Look at Wulf.”
“Not the best example, Tyler.”
“Oh, yeah, I forgot. Serafina’s the better example.”
“much. Why is he here?”
“Eh, Ashy likes him.”
“Why?”
“I ask that all the time.”
“You do know I can hear you right?”
They looked at the ranger surprised.
“Oh, hey Wulf. When you get here?”
“What he said. I like this side of you Uncle Wolf.”
The ranger just groaned in pain.
“It never stops.”
Ashy just kissed her lover elf.
“Better?”
“Much.”
The party fell to looting as Erica and Whisper were impressed by the feat they had just accomplished.
“We just killed 120 giants with 15 people.”
“Without a scratch.”
Lyrica shrugged.
“You get used to it. I think.”
The party walked away with 65 gold, 242 silver, 332 copper. They rode to the next hit, and Tyler’s rage started to boil again.
“The goblin camp.”
The party shuddered from the rage in his voice. They found the camp easily enough, and tyler walked towards the camp with his double bladed staff sword as Kaori led Erica, Lyrica and Whisper to a vantage point.
“HE’ll use the wrath on them as he just hates them that much.”
The ladies could see the filled camp rostering, when Tyler came into view. Then he vanished as the first 15 creatures just became mere mist. The three newcomers gasped as the camp was utterly obliterated in the span of five minutes as Tyler let his hate out in full. The pile was made and he looked at the sky,
“Got a pile for you, Furiosa.”
The green queen landed a few minutes later and she sighed as she saw his white knuckled grip on his sword as he KICKED the pile in another near blind rage.
“Heart, the spirits.”
Tyler forced it down now, and he heard the sighs of relief as the bolts of pain left the two girls’ forms. He got the scales as the dragon set the pile on fire. The camp had yielded 50 silver and that was all. Tyler walked out as his weakness had passed to rejoin the party. They rode on as Erica patted him comfortingly.
“I get it.”
Tyler sighed.
“I’m good now. Thanks Erica.”
Tyler pulled up the bills again.
“Okay, the goblins, wall, tomb guardian, striders, Gathering, and green lisk are dead. The villages are set as well. Next ask is the Tyrant. Good. I need some fun right now.”
The party laughed as Tyler took the lead now as Wulf dropped back next to Whisper. The scout was curious.
“I thought we were the guides here?”
The ranger laughed.
“Tyler knows more about Tyrants and how to hunt them then anyone. They are to him what Horses are to Kaori.”
The Weretiger smiled.
“I see. He’s got a favorite prey.”
Tyler led the party to a part of plains, and looked around.
“We got 45 seconds until we hear the bellow.”
Sure enough, the trumpeting bellow of a hunting Tyrant was heard and Tyler smiled as he pulled out his spear.
“We got another 2 minutes till the footsteps.”
again, they felt the steps as Tyler readied his mythril spear.
“And……enter the rex!”
The thing came tearing out of the forest to the left and the party moved their mounts as the beast snapped it’s jaws shut where Tyler had been. The smiling man stabbed the beast just over the arm and hit heart. It dropped with a thud.
“Knives out.”
The industrious party got right to it, butchering the entire animal as Whisper had a question.
“How much of the meat we keeping?”
Tyler was helping Sera with the head as he replied.
“We usually hold onto all the edible meat we can, Whisper. Since we roam so freakin much, better oversupplied then under.”
The blue haired lady nodded as she aided Erica and Lillia with a leg.
“I understand. What ARE we selling?”
“Bones, skin, claws, teeth sometimes if we decide against a trophy, mostly everything but the meat.”
She smiled hungrily now.
“I am so happy I joined this camp. Most I get to look forward to after a hard job or days work is some ale and mutton at the hall.”
Ashy perked up from her spot at the tail.
“We brought recipes from our world as well, Whisper. So, your stomach’s going to like you again.”
The camp laughed as the animal was collected. They moved on as Erica was a little surprised.
“It’s not even midmorning and we’ve already killed so many beasts.”
“We’re just getting started Erica. The last Lisk is up next.”
The lisk had taken up residence in a small hollow in a mountainside surrounded by sparse trees. Tyler smiled.
“I’ll fight this one alone.”
Erica blinked as the party laughed.
“Is THAT how he tests himself?”
Kaori smiled at the queen.
“It is, Erica. If he lets us test ourselves on a challenge, then he’s already beaten it twice.”
The party watched as Tyler picked up a rock from the ground and hurled it in the cave. There was a ding and a hissing roar of indignation as a 75 foot tall white lisk appeared from with in the cave. Tyler had his spear out and charged as the thing went at him. Tyler was happily smiling as the thing swung a tail at him, only to use the 4 foot thick appendage to launch himself into a stabbing spot. Tyler threw his spear and it dove right through the groove between scales killing it outright. The thing dropped as the women applauded the kill. The party got to work butchering as Tyler, Lily, sera, Erica, and Vixen headed to loot the cave. This trove was 7 feet with two hollow feelings. Tyler smiled as he tore the first open.
“Okay, Lily and Sera.”
The two girls nodded Tyler and Vixen leaned on a wall as Erica gulped.
“Seems risky.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Sera and Lily have a Minotaur Balor to their teamwork. Watch.”
Sera took a spot with her bow and four shafts as Lily used her own formidable strength to shove the lid back. The creature sat up as Sera fired her arrows into the thing’s heart as Lily used a sword skill.
“Rock smasher.”
She then slammed her Additite sword into the thing’s head, splitting it cleanly. It dropped back as the girls high fived. Vixen and Tyler clapped.
“Well done girls. That was another high lich. Only it had to have both pierced.”
Tyler nudged a stunned Erica.
“See? Sera can handle herself. Lily too.”
He walked in and hugged the two girls.
“Nicely done. This one’s yours.”
They glowed as the looting began. The weapon was a large bearded Embercite axe neither girl wanted, nor did the axe wielders so it was added to the sell pouch. The girls walked away 400 gold, 390 silver, 400 copper richer with a few gems they put in the mansion fund. Tyler tore open the next chamber, and Vixen frowned.
“This one’s a cursed tomb. No one set foot in it till I purge it.”
They nodded and led the pale beauty do her thing. Lyrica the succubus came in then dusting her hands off, only to shudder.
“I know that feeling.”
She walked over to where Tyler and the party were watching Vixen use her skills to purge the curse.
“Found a Dark Tomb eh?”
Tyler kissed her.
“I guess so. Vixen should be done soon so she’ll be able to tell us more.”
The busty black mage laughed a moment later.
“Oh, how insulting! The anchor point was the air itself? Childishly easy.”
She walked back as Lyrica stole a warm kiss from the beauty.
“What kinda of curse?”
“A mere mana drain.”
“Weak.”
Vixen kissed her this time.
“tasty.”
“You are very much.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Nice to see the hot Vixen getting some sinfully good action off a outright diabolically good looking angelic devil.”
Both ladies shivered hard as the others just clapped. He got kisses from Vixen and Lyrica before looking back to the tomb.
“I’ll take this one.”
They laughed as he pulled his twin scimitars. Tyler kicked the lid off and jumped back as a skeleton in a tattered robe was seen.
“Oh shit here we go.”
The Lich King rattled as Tyler used his spells. The other ladies watched in shocked surprise outside the newly formed barrier as Tyler sighed.
“Sacred fire. Tranquil waters, holy fire, holy smite.”
The thing rattled a cry of pain as Tyler slashed and hacked at it with his holy weaponry. Tyler had a bored expression as he cut the thing’s head clean off before booting the thing into a wall. He was on it for the follow up stab as it lifted itself off the wall, only to get the scimitar blades forced into the ribcage from behind. It exploded into dust and lunged at Tyler who had his torture chamber open. HE slammed the thing inside, locked it, and hit Obliterate. It dissipated and he was looking at Sera and Lily as they came running as the barrier dropped.
“Are you okay?”
“What she said?”
Tyler chuckled.
“I’m good. That was a lesser Lich King. From now on, I take the cursed tombs. Period.”
They nodded as Erica came in pale.
“You’re saying the Lich Kings have breeds like any other monster?”
Tyler nodded.
“Yup. All the way up to grand Lich King. The five I fought yesterday were grand Lich kings. But, there is one more above it, the High Grand Lich King, which I have only fought the once.”
The queen nodded.
“I see. A most disturbing discovery. Your bestiary, have you been making compendiums?”
“I have.”
She took his hand in a pleading manner.
“Then, please, make more of them for these creatures and give a copy to the purity temples. We are in desperate need of the knowledge. I will pay whatever I have to.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Sure, Erica. Didn’t know these things were so badly known.”
she sighed with relief as Vixen explained with a smile.
“Well, Tyler, you are the worlds leading expert on the Lich King. Before you, only ONE other had killed such a creature and lived to tell the tale. You’ve killed NINE. Let that sink in.”
HE did, and looked at the pile of dust.
“I see. So that means the tomes are a vital bit of adventurer knowledge. I’ll get a deal going with the guild and the temple. I’ll give them the info in exchange for these things locations and holy weaponry. Easy enough.”
Erica hugged him.
“Thank the gods you’re not a monster.”
Tyler rubbed her back.
“Oh I am. Scale trial or no Scale trial.”
They laughed as Vixen looked into the coffin.
“What’s it got?”
The black mage shuddered.
“A Staff of Dragon’s Leash.”
“oh shit. Everybody out.”
They ran from the cave as the others got the last bit of meat from skeleton. Their smiles and good humor died as they saw Tyler and party in such a hurry to get out of the tomb. Tyler looked at the sky.
“We got a biggee here, Tempesta.”
The dragon landed mere moments later and Vixen placed the staff on the ground. The sky lord took one look and gasped.
“The black one’s staff!”
Tyler groaned.
“Don’t fuckin tell me we found its tomb.”
Tempesta looked around the hollow.
“It can’t be. We MELTED this hollow ourselves!”
The dragon fixed Tyler with his eye.
“Tell me everything.”
Tyler gestured to the cave.
“We got a job to kill the lisk there. As the usual we split to search the cave. There were two tombs down there. One a mere high lich that Sera and Lily killed without issue. Second was a cursed tomb with a Lich King in the coffin.”
The dragon dug his claws into the ground.
“Power?”
“Lesser Lich king. Weaker then those two idiots from the summoner’s lab. Only thing of real concern was that staff.”
The dragon looked at the cave.
“Have you looked it over properly yet?”
“No. I killed the thing, Vixen found the staff, and we bailed.”
The dragon blinked.
“I need your eyes again.”
“Sure.”
Tyler pulled his scimitars as the others formed up to do a proper search. Tyler took Vixen and Lyrica into the tomb as the others looted the trove and searched the walls. Tyler let he dragon look at the high lich tomb first.
“Clean, Tyler. I was there when this one died.”
“Next one.”
Tyler walked in and ran his eyes around the line of glyphs. The dragon growled.
“This is a Shrine tomb.”
“Shrine Tomb?”
The dragon explained.
“Indeed. A shrine tomb is built as a means of worship for a hero or other idol whose body was never recovered for whatever reason. The staff was HIS staff alright. How it would up in here I need to figure out.”
“Maybe it was recovered by the brother and placed here as a tribute?”
“A fair theory, but the staff was made to enslave dragons outright. If anyone held the staff, and KNEW what they were holding…”
“Then they would not be able to resist doing it. I see now.”
Wulf poked his head in next.
“We got a few banned spells.”
Tyler let the dragon see them.
“Hmm, more typical torture spells. Nothing too extreme. Not bad for a mere lisk.”
“We found the Additite shield in a trove of a lisk.”
Tempesta chuckled.
“They may be mere food, but they do know a trove.”
Tyler walked around the wall of the tomb prospecting for hollows.
“Oh, hello. Tempesta, got a hole.”
The dragon rumbled.
“Open it.”
The rest of the party got back as he booted the wall open, revealing another lab. Vixen and Lyrica walked in as Tyler pulled on gloves over his blue fingerless gloves. Vixen took one look at the circle and sighed with relief.
“Lord blue, this is not his or its.”
Tyler looked around with his eyes so the dragon could get a good look, and he rumbled.
“I am in agreement child. I think this is a mere imitator.”
Tyler opened a drawer and found a set of notebooks. He started flipping and nodded.
“Yeah. The staff was found by this idiot buried in the hollow. Says here he literally tripped over it. Wait, tripped over it?”
Tyler took his map out and looked at the area. Soon as he did, he laughed.
“I KNEW it! Tempesta, look.”
The dragon did, and laughed.
“We got another entrance! That weaselly bastard!”
“We’ll finish up in here and head out to knock, okay?”
“Certainly. The skeleton, are you finished with it?”
Wulf and Kaori looked at each other.
“I couldn’t find another use.”
“The bones left are mostly waste, either too brittle for supports or too weak for really anything.”
Tyler gave the verdict.
“We’re set with it.”
“I use bones like these for tooth picks.”
The party burst out laughing at both the response and the image Tempesta had just presented. They got to work cleaning the place, and walked out with another mass of gems, 6754 gold, 4353 silver, 7643 copper. The party headed to the dip Tyler had found and he with kaori blew it open. Tempesta hid his presence as Tyler took his spot. The rest of the party were hiding around the rim as Tyler took in a breath.
“HEY! WORMSCALE!”
There was a low rumbling growl, and Tyler smiled.
“HOW’S IT FEEL KNOWING A DRAGONFLY HAS BETTER SCALES AN YOU!”
Another, angrier rumble.
“NO WONDER YOUR YOUNG DIED! WITH PARENTS LIKE YOU I KILL MYSELF TOO!”
Tempesta winced at that kick to the balls, as his friends winced at the cruel remark. Kaori and Lily just shook their heads sagely.
“If he wants to piss you off, he knows how.”
“And he’s damn good at figuring out the best way to it.”
Tyler watched as the black dragon came hurtling out of the tunnel with a blind rage.
“Gotchya bitch.”
The dragon was hit by Tempesta and dragged clear of the tunnel as Tyler laughed. He glanced into the tunnel and went white.
“DEMON’S WRATH SECOND RAGE!”
A second dragon came racing out as Tyler dodged the initial lunge. Tempesta had his claws full with the other dragon as his friends froze in horror. Tyler had Gliepnir out now and was casting spells.
“Divine retribution! Azur wave!”
The dragon breathed a purple breath attack, but it was absorbed by the retribution spell as Tyler surged forward and slashed with his sword, which according to legend was said to be able to sever a high dragon’s head in a single stroke. The dragon blocked with her wings, only for Tyler to slice right through and breath his own flames in the female dragon’s face. The beast’s head was engulfed and she was temporarily blinded, as she tried to fend off the next attack. Tyler, however, was well versed in dragons due to the sheer amount of time he had spent with them, and she was no exception. This black dragon was 150 feet long, and had a 75 foot span per wing. Tyler smiled as he saw his opening and target. He used another spell.
“Ice wall!”
The dragon was sandwiched between Tyler’s ice as he used it to launch forward and stab the beast in the chest up to Gleipnir’s hilt. He felt the pulsating beat of the heart rip itself apart on his blade, and jumped back, tearing the blade free with a savage wrench, opening a six foot gash open in her frame. The dragon fell as Tyler readied for the last attempt as the dying dragon sent a massive last breath at him, only for it to once again be absorbed by his retribution spell. The spell was charged fully, and Tyler saw a clear opening as Tempesta threw the other dragon off.
“Divine Retribution!”
The white beam slammed into the other enemy dragon, throwing it off balance for Tempesta to get his claws and fangs into it to pin it to the ground. Tyler walked over and planted the dripping blade in front of the now terrified black dragon’s eye.
“Like I said. GOTCHYA BITCH!”
Tyler looked into it’s eyes and snorted.
“Idiots. They were a pair of hermits with a shared trove. No idea that staff was there.”
Tempesta killed the dragon and bellowed his victory to the heavens before looking at the other dragon’s corpse. Tyler smiled.
“We’ll be right back after this flop.”
HE fell over panting as his friends came running, awe and fear on their faces as the fact Tyler had just killed a dragon alone sank in. Tyler took in a huge breath once the weakness passed and got back up to see Tempesta looking at him most intensely. He gulped.
“Ummm, I’m sorry?”
The dragon bared his fangs in a smile.
“We have a new dragonslayer. Well done.”
Tyler breathed a sigh of relief before looking at the dead thing.
“Was it SUPPOSED to be that easy?”
Tempesta chuckled.
“She was a mere Greater dragon. Nothing too impressive as far as dragons go.”
“I thought Furiosa was a greater dragon?”
Tempesta laughed.
“She is a Greater Dragon. But, she is of the five Principle Colors, whereas that was a Mere Purple.”
Tyler nodded now.
“I get it. Furiosa’s a force to be reckoned with.”
Tempesta nodded as well.
“She is indeed. One reason I love her so freakin much, is she’s so fierce.”
“Awwww, Tempy!”
Tempesta fell over with a heavy thud as Furiosa came winging in to land beside him, with Ignatia and Leviathan accompanying her. The sky lord saw Tyler’s ploy, AND his lesson as well, and got back to his feet as the ocean lady Leviathan looked at Tyler and the kill.
“It seems this world is finally fun again.”
Ignatia nodded his red head.
“Indeed, Highscale. Even IF we have no desire to fight him.”
Tyler pulled up his HUD and smiled as he saw the title.
“Dragonslayer. Fuck yeah. Okay, wow. It’s a permanent title that appears whenever someone sees my Insignia or HUD in their interface. Boosts all stats by 150, grants the breath of the slain dragon, and the ability dragon rage? Ohhhhh, HELL. I got TWO Wrath abilities now!”
Tyler smiled widely as Tempesta looked at the slain dragon.
“As is the way of dragons when a new slayer is crowned, if the slayer be of good standing, they may ask ONE boon from each dragon in attendance for the title bestowment. In this, ALL of us are holden to this.”
Tyler looked at his party and back to the dragons.
“We’re hunting Lich kings and undead. So, we’d appreciate holy weapons and gear if you have any.”
Ignatia lowered his head.
“Due to my dealings with the church of the human kingdom, I have many. What do you need?”
Tyler looked at his crew.
“Lets see, a bow per, an axe for Thistle and Lucy, a short sword for Lily and Sera, and with the stuff from Rolic that’s it for our holy gear. I can’t give Ashy, Vixen, Serafina, or Lyrica holy anything or it’ll burn them. Same with Whisper. A collapse function is welcome, but that’s just storage speaking.”
Ignatia flew off as Tyler looked back at his party, before looking at Tempesta.
“It possible to get the ability to pass things through the communications crystals added to the coins you gave me? Oh, and a means to make more when I run out?”
HE laughed.
“That’s an easy. Let me see one.”
Tyler took out a coin and Tempesta made it glow.
“If you have a coin left, put a gem into it and it’ll make more. The pass ability was added to all coins on your network.”
“Thanks, Tempesta.”
Tyler looked at Leviathan next, and here he had to think. The lady dragon laughed.
“Hard one, isn’t it?”
Tyler chuckled.
“Surprisingly so. Me and my party got most if not ALL of what we need, and we got coin aplenty, so hard to really build…….oh. I know.”
He looked at Kaori and smiled at her.
“Only right Kaori gets a cloak too.”
That got a rumble of amusement from the Ocean dragoness.
“It is indeed. And it’ll boost her path as well.”
Kaori kissed him as she got her own blue wing cloak, and it made her blonde hair pop like polished gold. Tyler smiled at his love before looking at Furiosa, and the green dragon laughed.
“What’s LEFT for you to ask?”
“Malico gets a green cloak?”
That got a laugh from them all as Furiosa made hers blue-green to make the point that Malico was TYLER’S kittycat. The busty catgirl kissed him as he hugged as Ignatia landed with the equipment. Tyler smiled.
“Gear up.”
Every weapon had a collapse function, and Tyler smiled as he had a new idea.
“Hey, Lyrica, they to enchanted belts, right?”
The succubus laughed.
“They do. I sell them and Burlock makes em custom.”
“Next set of upgrades!”
The dragons laughed as Tyler looked at the dead female.
“We can eat that thing, right?”
Tempesta busted up laughing, and so did the other dragons as his party stared at him like he was insane. Then the sky lord looked at him.
“Sadly not, as the meat is toxic to any but a dragon.”
“well, that sucks. We’ll get the scales, teeth, claws and that pouch she’s got under wings, wings too. You can have whatever we DON’T take. Sound fair?”
The dragon laughed.
“Sure. The head?”
“Oh THAT’S getting mounted on a wall.”
The dragons laughed. Tempesta pried one hundred scales from the hide of the other dragon.
“Thanks, Tempesta, we’ll split the trove again.”
“Of course.”
The other dragons got back to their hunt as Tyler and the party got to butchering their first true dragon. As they worked, Tempesta had to ask.
“Did you HAVE to throw the young thing in their face? That was a low blow.”
Tyler chuckled apologetically.
“Sorry, Tempesta. That WAS a dick move.”
The dragon chuckled as the dragon was stripped of scales, claws, the wings were to made into cloaks, basically the only thing they DIDN’T take was the meat. Tyler wielded Gliepnir and severed the dragon’s scaled head a single stroke before placing it in the pouch for the mansion.
“This thing have a name?”
Tempesta tilted his head now.
“She did. It was…….Sleet? Yeah, Sleet the purple traitor. She rebelled against the Highscale several scales back, so was cast down from the sky.”
“We’ll get a plaque.”
HE laughed. Once the last piece was taken, Tempesta blinked to borrow Tyler’s eyes as the party dove into the tunnel. This one wasn’t as well maintained as the previous, was the walls had cracks, roots and other signs of age. Tyler led the way and they found the trove without issue. This one was 20 feet tall, and 15 feet wide. Tyler just shook his head.
“We’re…..gonna need a bigger pouch.”
They laughed as MORE furniture was found. This time a mere bed, another desk, table, and wardrobe. Tyler and the two mages searched the wardrobe and desk, and sighed with relief at finding them empty. The things were collected as Lily walked around the walls with Lucy and Erica in case of hidden room. Tyler looked at the pile.
“Weapons first?”
Tempesta rumbled.
“Sure.”
The party got to it as they pulled every weapon from the pile and laid the items out for later inspection. Lily came back and aided with her two escorts.
“Verdict?”
She smiled.
“we got some good ore and stone in the walls. I marked them.”
“That’s me elf!”
She smiled happily as the last piece was laid out. Tyler looked over the line of gear.
“Well, the undead aspect is set. Now, just upgrades, people, upgrades.”
Ashy looked at him.
“I have that one.”
“I love you too.”
Wulf kissed Ashy then, and Tyler made out with Kaori, before stealing another makeout from Lyrica, before going right back to kaori. The bemused trio of ladies just looked at each other as Wulf accepted his defeat.
“Are THEY competing against each other with US?”
“It seems they are, Kaori.”
“I think Wulfy here felt threatened by Tyler’s words, dear Ashy.”
“I think so too, Lyrica.”
“How will we ladies handle this newfound competition?”
“Indeed, how will we?”
“How will we indeed.”
Tyler just smiled.
“Whatever you do, YOU win.”
The ladies of the party laughed as Wulf smiled at Tyler’s clear ploy. Tempesta was watching amused as Lily was heard going huh. The room looked at her as she lifted a golden scythe from under a shield Sera had used to move multiple items at once. Tempesta was heard gasping.
“That’s a Golden Scythe. It’s made to be wielded by a Gold/Black pather! It can kill a high dragon with a single hit!”
Tyler took the weapon and had to wear gloves due to the black. He brought it out to Tempesta and the dragon took possession of it. Tyler went back as Lily found another weapon. This being a crystalline sword Tyler just loved the look of.
“Find something you like?”
The elf girl smiled.
“I did. It feels even lighter then my Additite sword.”
“You have a name for it?”
She frowned as she looked at it now.
“Hmmm, Demon’s Claw.”
Tyler just hugged her tightly as the thing glowed hard. Tyler chuckled.
“Knew it.”
The weapon was now 4 feet long with a narrow leaf pattern Lily loved. Tempesta was heard then.
“It chose her. So hers it be.”
She sheathed it over her back like he had his blades. The weapons were gone through until they were gone, and Tyler looked at the still 18 foot tall pile.
“Ore?”
“Sure.”
This dropped the pile by 4 feet as the precious metals were laid out. Once the ore was laid out and gone through, the gems were next. The sapphires were set aside and the 5 foot tall pile of opals were set apart for divvying. The mound was now 15 feet tall of JUST coins as they gems were divvyed up between party, mansion and dragon. Then Tyler looked at the mound.
“You wouldn’t have that other pouch on you, would you Tempesta?”
“I do actually.”
“Might be a good idea.”
“Agreed.”
Tyler retrieved the pouch. HE stood before the mound as Tempesta did his dragon treasure thing.
“By my count, there be 1,232,986 gold, 3,234,986 silver, 4,986,436 copper coins in that pile.”
“HOLY SHIT.”
The en mass replay just made Tempesta laugh. Erica looked at Whisper incredulously.
“That single mound has roughly a tenth of Vernillion’s yearly profit!”
Tyler smiled.
“Right done the middle?”
“Agreed.”
“Yay. Math.”
They all laughed at his saddened voice as Tempesta helped out. The party walked away 616,493 gold, 1,617,493 silver, 2,493,218 copper coins richer. Tyler gave the pouch with Tempesta’s share to the dragon, and he chuckled.
“I’ll get back to the hunt. Enjoy the new title.”
He flew off as Tyler looked to his friends.
“Well. I killed a dragon. Now what?”
They burst out laughing at the simple logic of that statement. Sera answered the question.
“Hug me!”
they laughed again as he hugged his little sister.
“Okay, the lisks, wall, Tyrant, goblins, Gathering, tomb guardian, and striders are dead. The villages set. We got the stronghold up next.”
Erica, Lyrica and Whisper were white in the face.
“You just killed a dragon AND a Lich king back to back, and we’re STILL going?”
Tyler smiled at them.
“Get moving ladies. Welcome to hell! I want these last bills wrapped up in two hours or less.”
The party laughed as they mounted up for the next raid. The three newcomers just followed suit as the truth of Tyler’s strength became exhaustingly clear.
“He’s so damned strong because he works himself half to death daily!”
Kaori and Malico had their wing cloaks on display as they rode with the ladies.
“Tyler likes to stay busy.”
“Yeah. Only time we really relax is in Raylik or near it. Even then we mostly do lighter jobs and raids.”
Whisper looked at the blonde beauty.
“What’s considered a light raid?”
“Mostly creatures he hasn’t killed yet. Or the ones he had the most fun fighting.”
The Weretiger nodded.
“A wise idea, even if a mite exhausting.”
The stronghold of Orcs was in an old fort set against a mountainside. Tyler looked at it and smiled widely.
"Now THIS is going to be good.”
Wulf looked at the fort and smiled as well.
“I love these kinds of fights.”
Tyler used his far sight to scout the place. The stone was a sickly green color with evident rot in the wood he could see, cracking stone, and a mere wall across the front gate. Tyler looked to Sasha.
“She can come this time, since it’s just orcs.”
The husky growled eagerly. The horses were hidden as the party loaded up for an invasion. Tyler had his demon greatsword out.
“I’ll kick the door in.”
They nodded as he walked up the path whistling with the 7 foot black sword over a shoulder. He could hear the creatures bickering amongst themselves just behind the makeshift barricade across the ten foot entrance. Tyler looked at the wood, and smiled.
“Ice Dragon.”
HE breathed the ice spell onto the wood, freezing it solid to the point it shattered into dust with the sound of breaking glass. The creatures inside gaped as Tyler walked in.
“knock, knock FUCKS! THE OUTCASTS COME CALLING! Ocean dragon roar!”
Tyler breathed Leviathan’s flames as the creatures finally understood they being attacked. Tyler swung his greatsword as fifteen of the things charged him, cutting them all down with a single stroke.
“Azur Wave!”
The multi target spell filling the next wave full as the rest of the party blew roared onto the scene with a fury. Lucy and Thistle leading the charge with their long weapons scything several per swing as Kaori and Malico moved in with their speed weapons leaving a mist of bodies as the dancing ladies worked, Ashy and Wulf were back to back her Rune sword and his elven blade taking all comers where in another spot Sera and Lily were working in tandem with Sera’s bow to Lily’s sword and shield. The two girls leaving dead and dying behind them as they moved. Vixen and Lyrica were casually walking through the blood and screams as their spells wreaked havoc, Vixen’s illusions blinding, and her poison seeping with Lyrica’s flames setting creatures aflame. Serafina was hunting from the shadows, as the utter chaos of the battle provided the stealthy wraith plenty of opportunities for nasty assassinations and poisonings. Whisper had joined up with Lillia and the pair were working well, as Whisper’s daggers and axes complemented Lillia’s sword and shield perfectly. Erica was on her own raising hell the only way the Queen of Vernillion knew how, as her water and fire spells drowned the idiot creatures in flames as her longsword sliced their companions dead. Sasha was also making blood pour, as the Warrior Husky moved faster then a normal husky to take creatures with her own set of skills and abilities only a Warrior husky possessed. Her fangs crushed necks as her claws tore through armor and hide. The creatures recovered from the surprise attack, and regrouped to surround the ladies, as tyler tore into the main keep alone to leave the ladies the rabble. The party were herded into the center and surrounded due to sheer weight of numbers, and Erica smiled.
“That wily bastard. Water wall.”
Her wall spell rose up, halting the advancing creatures in their tracks. Then a set of heavy footsteps were heard as four 35 foot tall Plains giants appeared with long clubs. The party saw them and burst out laughing.
“That sonuvabitch.”
The hulking things rose their clubs to smash the wall,
“Water Burst.”
Tyler’s water spell dropped over the ladies, and popped like a balloon sending the razor sharp shards of water into the creatures surrounding them. Tyler was seen as he booted a rather tall orc from the top of the main tower.
“This. Is. LECTIS!”
Ashy and Kaori burst out laughing as the Orc King slammed into the ground.
“Oh he’s been WAITING for a chance to say that!”
Ashy watched as he jumped over the tower a good 150 off the ground.
“I loved that movie.”
The orcs were effectively headless as Tyler split a plains giant in half with his greatsword. The party laughed as Tyler cast his own water wall.
“Water wall!”
The courtyard was surrounded by the wall of roiling blue surf as Erica cast another spell she had.
“Fiery Hell!”
The party was surrounded by fifteen foot flames as Tyler timed the follow up with the queen.
“Water fall!”
“Fiery hellscape!”
Tyler’s water landed on top of Erica’s fire and the resulting collision of elements boiled the last orcs alive as Lucy and Thistle cut the giants to shreds. Tyler was smiling as the last orc fell screaming.
“We good?”
Sera perked up.
“I got a nasty cut on my arm from a badly blocked spear thrust, the potion healed it, but I could use a holy relief.”
Tyler cast it on her arm as Lily explained.
“And orc’s spear bounced off me shield as Sera moved for her counterattack. More bad luck really.”
Tyler patted Sera as her arm was healed and the small scar removed.
“We all take a hit sometimes. No matter HOW good you are.”
She hugged him as Lillia perked up.
“My fingers hurt, and my shield arm’s numb, but I’m good.”
Lucy was rubbing her stomach.
“I be needin a spell too, took a nasty hit from a Warhammer before me axe made two.”
Tyler cast his spell as the ladies and Wulf did a status check.
“We’re good. Not bad for our first large scale battle on flatland.”
Tyler smiled as he patted Lucy fondly.
“Was the plan. Till this fight we’ve had the height advantage.”
Erica nodded now.
“I get it now. You had a hole in your battle experience.”
Tyler nodded.
“Yup. I find a missing piece I make sure to fill it. Alright, loot the place.”
The fort was looted to the last copper, and the party walked away with 30 gold, 243 silver, 541 coppers, a few gems, and some potions. As they were leaving, Tyler looked at the crumbling structure.
“Should we put flame to it? An open fort like this usually fills back up with bandits or worse.”
Whisper smiled.
“I see the reasoning, Tyler, but did you notice how easy it was to both invade and clean out?”
Tyler looked at the more experienced guild member.
“I did. But, it was OUR party.”
“We are strong, but this fort is a well known hub for the easier creatures. I think you can guess why it’s still standing.”
Tyler smiled as he understood.
“As a beacon for easy kills and experience for the newer adventurers, or as mere practice for those that can handle themselves. Plus the knights can use this place to practice invasion tactics.”
Erica laughed.
“Exactly. Thankfully they be few and far between, but exactly that reason lad.”
Lyrica smiled as she looked at it.
“Kazuma would have just torched the place, and the guild and kingdom would lose out on a long term benefit for a short term gain.”
Tyler nodded as they returned to the horses.
“As once the well known hideout is gone, the creatures find a new one. And it might not be as easy to clear out.”
The party nodded as Tyler next looked to Sasha.
“How’d our puppy do?”
Sera giggled as she petted the husky’s fur.
“She did great! A few cuts but Ashy was able to heal her!”
Tyler looked at her and she smiled.
“Merely grazes from falling weapons. Sasha’s a lot tougher an she looks.”
“Like her owner.”
That got him a hug as they mounted up for the next raid. Tyler looked at the bills and smiled.
“We got the toads next.”
The ladies burst out laughing as Kaori eyed him.
“More spoiling?”
“I promised Minus six jars, remember?”
The ladies smiled approvingly as they moved to the toad zone.
“Ashy, don’t pull an Aqua!”
She just glared as Kaori laughed.
“That the new toad pun?”
“For now. I’m trying to not use the really bad ones.”
Erica tilted her head curiously.
“How bad can it be?”
“Bad.”
The party’s reply made her smile.
“Now I want to hear one!”
Tyler smiled now.
“Let’s hurry up! We got a lot of work Toady!”
The party groaned in agony as Erica shuddered.
“see?”
The Queen had an apology in her eyes.
“I’m sorry, that was mean.”
Tyler smiled again.
“What’s the toadal damage?”
Kaori rode up and smacked him. Hard. The party shuddered in pain as Kaori just smacked him again.
“I lost life from that. No.”
Tyler smiled apologetically.
“I got it out of my system anyway.”
Sera shuddered again.
“Mommy’s puns suck. His HURT.”
“Love you too Sera.”
Tyler smiled again.
“Oh, I got a classic.”
Kaori looked at him.
“Choose your next words well, or you’re alone tonight.”
“Well, Kaori, no matter how I push the envelope, it’ll still be stationary I guess.”
She smiled at that one.
“Okay, not bad.”
“If you could cordially pass the cordial we’ll have a mighty drink!”
Erica and the natives busted up laughing as Kaori was confused.
“I don’t get it?”
Tyler patted her lovingly.
“Cordial is a sweet juice like drink.”
“Ahhh. I guess that’s a Lectis pun.”
sera licked her lips.
“Strawberry’s good!”
Tyler shrugged.
“I got a few good ones.”
kaori kissed him.
“Forgiven.”
The toads were found in a small patch of swampy ground. Tyler and the others made it rain arrows on the 30+ creatures before the slime was collected. Kaori caught up to Tyler as he was looking at the bills.
“So, the jars?”
He looked at her.
“I’ll give you more skin cream.”
She smiled briefly.
“I know one of those makes the boobs bigger.”
He looked at her.
“Okay?”
She looked into his eyes.
“Are you getting me one?”
HE blinked.
“I was going to. Was thinking you’d like to see if you LIKE how you’d look with them.”
She didn’t blink.
“That’s the ONLY reason? Just to see if I LIKE it?”
He looked her in the eye with a firm stare now.
“It was, kaori. I promise you that.”
she nodded.
“I just wanted to hear it. I’m still growing, and Vixen told me when I asked her about it that if I put it on while they’re still growing it’ll ruin the growth entirely.”
He blinked.
“Well, shit.”
She hugged him.
“Thanks for thinking of me though.”
HE held her as he stroked her long hair.
“I love you.”
She smiled and whispered into his ear.
“That slit cream, however, Vixen told me it makes it feel AMAZING.”
“6 jars it is.”
She kissed him before they mounted up for the warg camp.
“Let’s do another bill check. The villages are set, Tyrant, Lisks, Orcs, goblins, giants, and toads are dead. The wall tipped over and the striders dead. We got the wargs and the hill camp left. We’ll hit the hill camp, and get the girls a fresh test before we put the riders down.”
The party nodded as they went to the small hill the thing sha made their camp.
“Vixen, use your spells to set three aside.”
She nodded as Erica looked at Sera’s determined face concerned.
“Are you SURE?”
She smiled at her mother.
“We got this, mommy.”
Erica felt an immense pride for her youngest daughter. The camp was found, and it held 25 creatures. Tyler and the party just dove right in as Vixen set three specimens 25 feet tall aside with her spells as the rest were cut to pieces. Tyler and the rest of the party took up spots without cleaning the body strewn ground.
“Sera. Sword only.”
She nodded as Erica stood beside him with worry in her blue eyes.
“This feels wrong.”
HE hugged her warmly as the first giant was set loose. This one swung a club made of metal as Sera used her small stature and agility to dodge and get behind the creature. She had her Dragon scale/ Balor horn sword ready as she slashed the back of the thing’s ankle. The thing roared and tripped over the bodey of it’s fallen comrade, and Sera was leaping up the now kneeling beast to plunge her blade into it’s neck. The beast died as Sera pulled her blade free and kicked off the beast’s body, even pulling a flip as she landed with the giant falling behind her. The party applauded her kill as Erica just breathed a sigh of relief.
“Lillia, you’re up.”
She nodded and pulled her sword as Sera climbed up to sit on the stone next to Erica.
“See, I had it.”
Erica just patted her as Lillia’s beast was set on her. Lillia had a different strategy then Sera’s. The older sister used her adamant shield to hide the leg of another dead giant, and as the other swung it’s wooden club at her, she moved the thing’s leg as the club shattered over the leg of it’s dead friend. The hill gawked at it’s ruined club as Lillia slashed the large knob in the foot and brought the beast to it’s knees. She was right there to kill it with a stab to the neck as everyone applauded. Lillia climbed up next to her proud mother as Lily walked out now. The elven girl with her Additite shield and sword as her beast rushed her. This one was either dumber or more aggressive as it ran at the small girl, only to trip on the body of a dead giant and fall flat on it’s face. Lily stabbed the thing in the neck and that was that. Tyler sighed.
“Good kill, Lily. And even better luck.”
Sera and Lillia were a little miffed at Lily’s easy victory, but let it go. Lily was disappointed.
“Damned idiots.”
The camp was looted with the team walking away with 55 gold on the nose. Tyler smiled as the last hit was the warg camp.
“We’ll hit this and the golem and head back. Wulf and I will get the coin, rest of you go relax.”
Erica smiled.
“I’ll have more knights in the areas.”
“Good call, Erica. Once the coins set, I’ll go with you and Whisper to collect the cat’s new hide before we hit the markets.”
That got a laugh from Whisper.
“Sure. The rest of them?”
Tyler sighed.
“No one goes ANYWHERE without at least four. Period. I count as two.”
They nodded as Erica sighed.
“Why didn’t Ishtar just make them camp outside the gate?”
“No clue.”
The warg camp was found easily enough, and was slaughtered to the last. The camp was looted with a meager 65 coppers. So was the golem. Tyler killed the Diadore, the party’s last bill he had forgotten about, alone as a test for himself. It put up less of a fight then the grand wall. Tyler looked at the bills.
“The Tyrant, Lisks, orcs, goblins, wargs, wall, striders, tomb guy, and the giants are dead and the villages set. Alright, let’s get a break.”
Kaori looked at their mounts.
“The horses need a good break too.”
“You heard the Lady of Horses.”
The party laughed as they rode back to Term. They rode in through the same gate as they left headed right for the palace. The party got cheers and hails as they went, and Tyler would breathe his fire or do a non-dangerous spell for them just for the fun factor. Erica laughed at this.
“He loves showing off, doesn’t he?”
Kaori smiled.
“HE does. Plus, see how many kids are watching?”
The queen looked and smiled as she saw them.
“I get it now. A tale to tell.”
The horses were stabled as Tyler looked at Erica.
“we’ll go give Rolic the crystal recordings.”
Kaori smiled.
“I made a recording of your kill.”
“Kaori. I love you.”
She smiled as they walked into the hall just in time to hear an argument.
“Who do you think you are, kid? I’m the prince! Now do as I say!”
“Shove it ya wanna be bully. Thorn is NOT going to be your maid. She be the Outcast’s, now piss off before I pull me blade.”
“I am the prince! You. Do. What. I. Say.”
Tyler just looked at Erica who nodded.
“Please do.”
Tyler walked over to where Axe the lead boy of the street gang was staring down an irate Kazuma with a bored expression as he twirled his silver dagger absentmindedly. Axe saw Tyler approaching and flipped his dagger at him.
“King’s in a meeting right now with King Rolic. Not sure what, but I’ll let him know yer back.”
Tyler caught the blade and spun it back.
“Thanks Axe. You’re pretty good with that thing. Got any other tricks with a knife?”
The boy shrugged.
“a few here and there. Be amazed just how far a good knife can take you.”
“Testify brother. My knife from me old world saved me and Kaori’s life in the tower. Hey, look at this.”
Tyler pulled his bowie knife design out and showed it to Axe. Boy nodded approvingly.
“Aye, that be a good knife. Likes to have it meself.”
“I’ll have a word with a friend. Silver, right?”
He nodded, still bored.
“Yup. Nice to see ya got sumthin of a memory.”
“Gotta look out for Thorn’s bodyguard, right?”
The boy smiled at that.
“I guess. You piss her off you deal with me.”
“Well said.”
Axe shrugged and walked off still spinning his knife as he looked at an amused kaori.
“I like that kid.”
Lily shrugged.
“Meh.”
Tyler looked at a glaring Kazuma.
“Really?”
He walked off with just that, not wasting either his breath or his time on the prince. Tyler looked at Vixen as they headed for Ishtar’s office.
“Is sliver weaponry made from actual silver or something else?”
Lily spoke up.
“It is. It’s not really that strong, but in the hands of a silver path, it gets stronger.”
“Thanks Lily. The magic side of smithing is a little odd, ain’t it?”
She chuckled as she warmed to her trade.
“It be. Once I get that far I’ll have to have another smith teach it to me hands on as I can’t learn the means alone.”
“When you get that far, Lily give a holler and we’ll get it set up.”
She hugged him as they reached the thick oak door. Tyler tapped a firm knuckle.
“Hey, Ishtar, get your hand outta your pants.”
The group laughed as Kaori smacked him. There was a voice from within.
“Jackass. It’s safe.”
They walked in to see the dwarven king Rolic recovering from Tyler’s joke as Ishtar just had a look of defeat. Once the door was shut Tyler pulled the three crystals out.
“I got your crystals here, Rolic.”
The dwarf smiled eagerly as Tyler passed them through. The red bearded ruler passed his weaponry through which was distributed to the party. Tyler then smiled.
“I got bragging rights now.”
The two kings gulped.
“What’d you do?”
“Nothing TOO crazy. I just KILLED A DRAGON. ALONE.”
He passed his HUD over.
“Ha.”
The rulers took one look and just applauded.
“We have a DRAGONSLAYER.”
“Tyler, we’ll make a public appearance as such a thing is that kind of news for the kingdom.”
“Kaori recorded it.”
The two men blinked.
“Name your price.”
“Same.”
Tyler sighed.
“We need to make a deal here.”
The kings became serious.
“Go ahead.”
“I’ve killed 9 lich kings as of this raid. Erica here has told me the knowledge around these creatures is just not there. Now, as I am the worlds leading expert on killing them, I will make compendiums from my bestiary for them. My deal is I’ll give them to you as I get more, you get them to the temples, guilds, and other types of monster hunters. In exchange, me and my party get the weapons, armor and locations of any such creatures filtered to us as I am the only one at the moment that can kill them repeatedly.”
Rolic crossed his arms now.
“Can you give an example of the newfound knowledge?”
“They have breeds like every other creature. From lesser, the lowest, to High Grand Lich King. The absolute strongest. I’ve killed that one the once.”
Rolic nodded.
“I see. That is disturbing news. When we encounter such creatures, how do we handle them?”
“Run. Just mark the spot and get the hell out. Their mental attacks are nothing short of their greatest weapon. Not even Tempesta is confident in his ability to fend it off. Reason why I can is cause of these.”
He showed his HUD with his numbers and the two rulers sighed.
“I see now.”
“I do too.”
Tyler blinked.
“A warning about the crystals.”
They looked at him.
“Speak.”
“I’m using an ability to fight the things, called Demon’s Wrath. You are NOT to utter a word I have such an ability period. The crystals are to be treated like golden Dragon Surge scrolls. Are we clear?”
Rolic cut his palm and Tyler mirrored the act as they placed their hands inside the crystal.
“Agreed.”
“Thanks Rolic. It’s a party safety thing.”
The wise ruler smiled.
“I understand fully.”
Ishtar nodded as well.
“Agreed. The stone is to be locked in my own vault when not viewed.”
“I can turn that into a hilarious dirty joke, but Sera already knows it.”
The girl giggled.
“Yup. Daddy gets lonely!”
“See?”
Kaori and every lady present smacked him hard as Rolic lost it laughing as Ishtar fought valiantly not to do the same. Now seeing stars with a face decorated by handprints, Tyler laughed.
“Worth it.”
Kaori sighed as she smacked him again.
“Sera’s going to be as bad as he is.”
Erica looked at her daughter, who was smiling sweetly.
“Like HELL.”
“Wow, mommy, you need to take a joke already.”
Tyler just hugged her.
“Atta girl!”
“Love you too big brother!”
The room just groaned as Tyler patted Sera again to look at the kings.
“So, the coins got an upgrade from Tempesta for my slaying.”
Ishtar nodded.
“It be?”
“That same ability as these crystals here. I pass a scroll or whatever through it you get it.”
Rolic smiled.
“A most wise decision. I am impressed you even thought of that.”
“I got boons from Ignatia, Furiosa, and Leviathan.”
The kings blinked.
“What’s you get?”
Kaori and Malico tapped their broaches to let their wing cloaks be seen, as Tyler tapped his as well.
“They got cloaks from wing from Furiosa and Leviathan as I got us more holy weapons from Ignatia.”
The kings laughed.
“One for the party, two for his girls.”
“A real man an no mistake.”
Tyler smiled quickly.
“Yeah, so what’s this meeting for?”
Rolic spoke now.
“More trade issues and an update on the doppels.”
“The flames out?”
The king laughed.
“They are. The stone is solid once more.”
“I heard from Tempesta the idiot got a nasty surprise this morning.”
The kings breathed a sigh of relief. Ishtar tapped a map.
“The city is clean now as well, and I have parties of Doppel hunters going to each town in the country for purifying.”
Tyler smiled and looked at Ishtar.
“So you know? Our resident blonde jackass has taken to bullying the help. I’m hooking Axe up with a set of knives for this issue.”
Ishtar just sighed.
“A shrewd move. Axe is a most fierce lad.”
“I like that kid. Reminds me of another fierce one I love the hell out of.”
Lily smiled.
“Love you too.”
Tyler patted her as he looked at the map again.
“Outta curiosity, but what’s the trade issue?”
The kings chuckled, then Ishtar tapped a main road in or out of their respective countries.
“Just the usual bickering over the border tax and goods prices.”
“Ah. So shit I have no idea on. Well, all else fails, I know a guy!”
The kings laughed.
“I do too!”
Tyler smiled.
“So, we got another mass conversion to do Ishtar. An even BIGGER one to be honest.”
The king nodded.
“Agreed. They shall be waiting.”
Tyler looked at Wulf.
“We’re set. Let’s get paid as the ladies get soaked.”
That got a chorus of happy sighs as the party walked out. Tyler smiled as he spotted Thorn talking with Axe near a window. The man and elf headed for the guild first with the bills. The hall was still rowdy with scaffolding around the walls Tyler hand damaged due to Kazuma’s idiocy. There was a new girl sitting in the booth as the two approached. She smiled.
“Greetings. I be Selly. How can I help you?”
Tyler laid out the bills.
“We got a few bills to collect.”
She nodded.
“I see these are confirmed, with two being refused payment. Most kind. Your total today is 1,100 gold 65 silver.”
Tyler smiled.
“Thanks, Selly. We’ll be back later. Has the newest article been published?”
She nodded.
“It had, Ruby did it as you were out in the field, so just check you feed.”
“Neat. Thanks again.”
Tyler and Wulf left and headed for the exchange. Tyler pulling a small pouch up.
“The slimes.”
The ranger smiled widely.
“I need five minutes and 3 gold.”
Tyler gave him 9.
“We do it RIGHT.”
The ranger was off like a thunderbolt as Tyler headed for the exchange, well aware Wulf would meet him there by the time he got there.
“Hail! Outcast!”
“Hail!”
Tyler smiled as he got hailed by most everyone on the street. Still feels weird. Especially in THIS town. He walked up to the exchange as Wulf came running up with two pouches. Tyler chuckled.
“How’d we do?”
“We got 24 jars of each. The lady knew.”
“The good ones usually do.”
Tyler walked in with Wulf right behind him and went for Mya’s desk, and as he passed Minus’ statue he looked at Wulf,
“Sooo, Wulf. Question.”
The elven ranger chuckled and pointed to the small scale at the foot of the armored effigy.
“Put them there.”
Tyler smiled as he placed the 6 jars of each cream on the scale. They glowed before vanishing and a low moan only he could hear was then present.
“Love you too.”
HE chuckled.
“Love you too, Minus.”
He got a high five from Wulf as the men found Mya at her desk. The lady smiled at them as they approached.
“Welcome. What have you got today?”
“More ore, tyrant, striders, and others.”
He gave her the permit and she nodded.
“Of course. Right this way, please.”
She showed them to her scale and they unloaded as usual. She nodded.
“You work hard. I can give you 1,231 gold, 55 silver, 34 copper.”
“Sounds good. Thanks Mya.”
She smiled warmly as they next headed for the mason yard. There they found the foremen looking at some papers. HE laughed heartedly.
“Welcome back, lad an elf. The scales be where ya left em!”
“Thanks. Bark, right?”
“Aye Lad. Let’s see what ya brought me today!”
Tyler and Wulf emptied the pouch, and Bark nodded.
“Not bad. Not as good as yesterdays, but still respectable. I can give you 1,212 gold, 32 silver 2 copper.”
“Deal. We’re headed back out later anyway.”
That got a laugh.
“Nice to see a party that works hard for once!”
The bank was next. As the pair went, they spotted a few other Warriors getting pushed back at spearpoint from the bank steps. Tyler and Wulf just ignored them as the shield wall opened to let them through.
“Hey! He’s a Warrior too! Why he get in and we can’t?”
The knight captain snorted.
“He’s not a monster!”

Tyler smiled as they went to Gold’s booth. The Ballast on Minus’ scale was happily waiting as the two walked up.
“Hi Gold. We got more ore for you. And, you look beautiful, Minus.”
She shivered hard.
“I love you too.”
Wulf just chuckled as they laid the ore out again. Once she looked at the final count she smiled.
“2,323 gold, 54 silver, 33 copper.”
“Damn. Deal.”
Tyler smiled as he took the coins.
“Maybe next time, well, who know what else I can come up with, for my GODDESS WIFE?”
Gold shivered with a warm smile.
“I love you too. And I am so happy for her.”
Tyler chuckled fondly.
“See you later Gold.”
The last stop was Rune’s desk. The banker was waiting for the two men.
“Right this way please.”
They were shown to the vault and Tyler pulled the pouch out. Rune smiled widely.
“Your party is incredible.
“You have NO idea.”
Tyler dumped the coppers in first. Netting 25, 113 silvers, 58 coppers. Rune looked at the number.
“5,023 silver sound right?”
Tyler did a little math.
“Yeah, it does. Total silver made is 20,091 right?”
“Indeed.”
Tyler dumped the silvers in next. The result was 16,506 gold flat. Tyler frowned as his mind went to work.
“I’d say 3,302 gold.”
Rune nodded.
“Agreed. The total made is 13,204 gold today.”
“Thus far. Made. Thus far today.”
She laughed.
“So, your new wealth is 1,144,669 gold, 0 silver, 58 coppers.”
“Thanks Rune.”
Tyler and Wulf left the bank as the Warriors outside were getting testy as more had shown up with Max in the lead with Craig, Kaori’s father. Wulf just sighed.
“I still want o kill him.”
“We all do, Wulf.”
the pair of men walked passed the infuriated Warriors, and Tyler smiled at Craig.
“So, Kazuma enjoyed having YOU in his ass more an you enjoyed bein in it!”
Craig went bone white at that as Tyler and Wulf walked off laughing hard as the other Warriors were confused. Wulf thumped his back.
“That works too!”
Tyler shrugged smiling.
“I’m good at what I do.”
They walked back into the palace to see Axe giving directions to some of the others from their crew. The boy saw Tyler as he waved and flipped his dagger instead of replying. Tyler chuckled fondly as they headed for their rooms. Wulf to go rest as Tyler went for Erica and Whisper for the next set of tasks. HE found the Weretiger resting in Serafina’s room on a small couch. She smiled as he poked his head in.
“Need me?”
“Looking to get you kitted out.”
She nodded and pulled her boots on as Serafina was laid out on another couch. Next to be collected was Erica. She was in Sera’s room playing with her small daughter when they walked in. Erica smiled widely.
“Looking for a guide?”
“Sure.”
Sera got a hug from Tyler as he saw Sasha on a couch with Lillia using her warm flank like a pillow. Erica walked out and Sera cuddled up with Sasha and Lillia on the couch as well now. Tyler gave Kaori a warm kiss as they passed in the hall and a passing Thorn a pat as well.
“Be off, ya playboy brother jackass.”
Tyler and the two ladies laughed as the strong elf walked into Lily’s room.
“Oh shit.”
They saw a glowering Kazuma in the throne room as they passed, but the busy trio utterly ignored the disgraced man. They had just barely set foot outside,
“Sirrah, I seek the Outcast!”
A runner came up the steps. Tyler smiled.
“Aye, lad, I be Outcast.”
The boy smiled.
“Burlock’s finished yer order, Sir!”
“Good lad.”
Tyler gave him twenty silver and the boy ran to his next task. Erica just shook her head at the gesture.
“In one message he just made five days pay.”
Tyler smiled.
“It’s kinda a habit now. I did it at first to build me rep to better refute the charges at me from the pope. Now I do just cause I like it.”
Whisper smiled now.
“I remember that day well. The runner be one the guild hires a lot as he works hard. HE came in for his next task and as is his way he reports to Verilica what the tip was. When he said the murderer Tyler had given him twenty silver just for a message, we knew two things: 1. we were missing something about you, and 2. You were a wise one indeed.”
Tyler smiled.
“I taught Sera and Lillia the importance of the bottom that day as well.”
Whisper understood exactly his point as Erica tilted her head.
“I think I know what you mean by that, but am not exactly sure.”
Whisper explained.
“Want to learn the character of the city or town you’re in? Look at how it treats those on the bottom rung. The runners and laborers. That’s his lesson, Erica.”
She smiled widely now.
“Ah. I see. A most wise way of seeing the world.”
Tyler nodded.
“I learned a lot about Raylik from that kid. My own observation was he needed to eat a bit more, but that coulda just been him.”
Whisper nodded.
“It be him, Tyler. His names Walken. He’s a member of the Hartmen race. A branch of NekoPlesian known for wiry frames and small stature.”
Tyler smiled now.
“That was kaori’s takeaway on him. Kid’s frame didn’t exactly scream powerhouse.”
The ladies smiled as Erica took it up now.
“I’m glad you were able to teach Sera and Lillia that one. Honestly, we didn’t really know HOW to teach them that.”
Tyler chuckled as they reached Burlock’s shop.
“Be amazed what a little tough love can do.”
They walked in to see a man raise a dagger behind the turned back of Burlock. Tyler sighed as his own dagger grew out of the man’s arm. He dropped his blade screaming as Burlock turned, saw the blade and blood and Tyler planting a foot on his ruined arm. He laughed.
“Again, lad?”
Tyler smiled as he got a look at the man’s face.
“Same idiot too. I thought the guard got him.”
Burlock shrugged.
“Sadly not.”
“Rats and cities.”
Tyler looked at the cowering man.
“Let’s see what bad they want you. Hmm, Wow. Dale the backstabber. Fitting. Reward is 125 gold alive, 50 silver dead. Seems fitting I get to turn you in.”
Tyler knocked him out as Burlock lifted whisper’s gear onto the counter. She took the equipment to dress as Tyler placed an extra 400 gold on the counter. Erica smiled as Tyler hoisted the unconscious bounty onto his shoulder.
“The bounty booth is in the palace.”
“Surprised Term doesn’t have multiple.”
The queen smiled.
“We do. That one is just safest.”
“Ah.”
Whisper came out in her new gear. Her leather equipment had been replaced with the red, black and grey gem armor and weaponry. All pieces enchanted to become a mere thin collar when she ran as a tiger, and when she shifted back to dress her back. Tyler pulled a lumped of pure silver to place on the counter with his Bowie knife design.
“I need one of these for Axe.”
Burlock looked at the paper and smiled.
“I like this lad. Ten minutes and 4 gold.”
Tyler placed 8. Burlock vanished into the smithy as Tyler and the ladies looked around the shop. Tyler smiled as he spotted the skill box and started sifting with the unconscious man on his shoulder.
“Wow. Found two more Ore efficiencies. Lily gets those. Hmmm, wow, Metal shaper. Based on overall skill, and increases the ease of folding material worked over a fire by 10 percent to start, but upgrades through use to a maximum of….25% is stackable. He’s got three. All of them. That plus her other metal working skill, yeah she set.”
Burlock came out with the blade as Tyler placed the certificates on the counter. Burlock laughed.
“10 silver, lad. And tell her I said hi.”
Tyler flipped him a gold.
“Fresh out of silver coins for once. Later Burlock.”
He smiled as the ladies headed for the bounty booth and to drop off the skills and knife. Whisper was loving the feel of her new armor, and Tyler was smiling with her. Erica for her part was happy to be there. They passed Warriors on the street, but Tyler’s mere presence was enough to scare them. Erica smiled as they walked up the palace steps.
“I rather enjoy bounty hunting.”
Tyler chuckled.
“So do I, Erica. I got a beauty of a Raccoon girl in Raylik Named Yoko that works the booth I look forward to seeing every time I go into the spear.”
Whisper smiled as well.
“Yoko is a town gem. Everyone loves her as she’s just so sweet, kind and beautiful. Plus she won a competition a year back on best tail in the city. She even beat Seline!”
“Everyone loves good raccoon fur.”
That got a laugh from the two ladies as Erica pointed out the booth to the right of the main door. The lady manning the booth was an elf with blue skin, razor tipped ears with red eyes and a moderate chest. Tyler smiled kindly at her.
“Hi miss, got a live one for ya.”
She gestured to the shackles to her right.
“Thank you Sirrah. Please, the shackles are to the right.”
Her voice was warm and kind as he strapped the now sobbing idiot into the cuffs.
“Later jackass.”
The slab rotated as Tyler looked at the elf.
“Excuse me, miss, you wouldn’t be a Sea Elf, would you?”
She smiled at his question.
“A very astute guess, Elven Champion. Sadly not. I be a River Elf from the Elven Queendom’s southwestern border with Erolagard.”
“Ah. No offense meant Miss. I’m still learning this world.”
“None taken. How can we hope to learn without asking?”
Tyler chuckled now.
“I wholeheartedly agree, Miss.”
The River elf smiled sweetly now.
“My name is SlipStream. My given name is Stream.”
“A pleasure to meet you Stream. My name is Tyler. This is Whisper and Erica.”
The elf got the nod for the coin then and passed him the pouch.
“Your total today is 150 gold, Tyler.”
“Thanks Stream. Odds are I’ll have another idiot soon enough.”
He put the coin away as Whisper stretched her back.
“You don’t really need me for this part, right?”
Tyler shrugged as Erica chuckled.
“Not really, Whisper. If you want, you can go cuddle Serafina some more.”
that got a laugh from the Weretiger.
“Now I’m GONNA!”
she walked off as Tyler spotted Axe talking to a few boys from his crew. The Head Boy looked at Tyler with a bored expression as he approached.
“Hey, can you have a word with that idiot prince, please? He keeps trying to bully Thorn into his chamber, and she and I ain’t havin it.”
Tyler flipped him his new knife.
“Should help. I’ll see if a deballing can’t be performed.”
The tough streetkid looked the knife over.
“I like this one. Either he gets the damn point or Thorn will just shiv him and be done with it.”
Erica sighed now.
“She does, we’ll just give her a hug and call it good.”
Tyler was nodding as a yell came from the hall Whisper had just vanished down.
“Get away from her! NOW!”
Tyler was off like a gunshot with the other two behind him as well. They turned the corner to see thorn on the floor bleeding with Kazuma being held at axe blade by Whisper. Tyler cast his most powerful Holy relief on the groaning elf, as Erica blew on the rally whistle as hard as she could. Tyler had Thorn in his arms as Axe was right beside him pouring potions on the elf girl’s myriad of wounds and cuts. She had been tortured horrifically by someone with pathetic knife skills, and was badly hurt. Tyler’s Holy Relief ended, and he pulled the single highest booster potion he had and downed it before casting it again, with Divine care, Holy Care, more holy reliefs, cares and even more reliefs until every single line on her frame was both closed and removed as the long lasting damage was repaired and removed entirely. HE drank a mana potion and was right back at it as the party, Ishtar, and a wall of knights appeared in the thoroughfare. Axe took the job of explaining what they had found as Tyler kept pouring his spells on the small girl until she opened her blue eyes with a groan.
“Ya can stop now.”
Tyler smiled with relief as he stopped casting it.
“You okay, Thorn?”
She shrugged.
“Eh, I was till I woke up in YOUR arms.”
he laughed as he pulled his wing cloak off and wrapped her in it. Thorn smiled.
“Better.”
Kaori chuckled.
“Leviathan isn’t going to like that!”
“This girl was tortured with knives, kaori. Right now I don’t care WHAT she likes.”
There was a low rumbling growl that shook the room, and Tyler smiled.
“Don’t fuck with the friends of the ocean.”
That got a low roar of approval as Thorn chuckled again.
“This feels mighty comfy.”
Axe came over now and Thorn smiled at him.
“I’m okay Axe. This jackass is actually GOOD at something.”
The boy hugged the girl as Tyler looked at Whisper.
“What did you see when you came around the corner?”
The weretiger stepped back from the irate prince to explain.
“I walk around the corner and heard thorn groan, and she sounded like she was in pain. I look and see that door there, I open it and see HIM,”
She gestured to Kazuma,
“Pinning her against a wall with a small knife as he cut a fresh line in her skin. Yeah, I threw him out the room as I yelled. That’s when you got here.”
Tyler looked at Axe.
“I’ll put her in MY room. Not a soul can reach her there.”
He nodded as Lily walked over.
“I got me sword and shield. I’ll stay with her.”
“See? Not even a god can reach her now.”
That got a warm chuckle as he looked at Ishtar.
“I’ll be right back. Oh, Holy Sanctity.”
The spell hit the group, and Kazuma glowed a moment as he had a spell up to defend against it, only Tyler’s spell was too strong and a caged doppelganger was purged from his soul. Tyler blinked at that one.
“Vixen, Lyrica, when I get back, 1 explanation please.”
They chuckled as he carried Thorn to his chamber with Lily right beside him. The elven maid was sleeping in his arms as her strength gave out from the ordeal and the spells he’d heaped upon her. He laid her in his bed and cast the defense spells with ALL his power behind them as Lily took a place beside the slumbering maid. Sasha came trotting in with Sera with both husky and girl hopping up to cuddle the slumbering girl as she recovered her strength. Then he shut the door himself before returning to the group. Kazuma was being held at spearpoint as Tyler walked over to his magic experts.
“Umm, 1 explanation as to HOW a doppelganger was purged from a cage inside him please.”
Vixen crossed her arms under her large bust as she explained.
“It would seem Kazuma made a deal with the Doppel. It gets a host and to live, he gets increased abilities, mana, and the ability to copy other abilities.”
Tyler crossed his own arms now.
“The hell he get that kinda deal?”
Lyrica explained now.
“we found a minor summon circle in his chamber that was absolutely insulting to the summoner’s craft. The Doppel’s evil overwhelmed his mind and thus Thorn’s torment.”
Vixen took up the thread.
“the summoning and deal is not a bad thing really, in fact it’s common practice in some parts of the world for mages to summon a doppelganger or other such creature to make a deal for more mana and abilities. That said, in Vernillion, demon summoning period outside of a temple of Demon fighters or YOU at this point is a lashing offense, depending on the type summoned and results of the summon. Fact it was in the palace just adds to the stripes.”
Axe came up now.
“Alls he’s getting is a handful of stripes for what he did to Thorn?”
Tyler looked at him now.
“Oh no, Axe. Mere stripes is NOT enough for this fuck up.”
That got a smile.
“Glad to hear it.”
The boy’s snap of a voice was barely level as he fought to keep himself from launching at Kazuma in a skinning rage. Tyler walked over to Ishtar now.
“So, Ishtar, what’s the call?”
The king rubbed his beard as he looked at the boy.
“Is the poor girl okay?”
“She is. Not even a single line will be left. I got Sera, Sasha, and Lily in there with her for cuddle support and protection.”
The king nodded as Erica smiled proudly.
“I watched our girls kill giants lone with those swords they carry Ishy.”
The King smiled proudly now as well.
“They have the best teacher out there in Tyler.”
Kazuma snorted now.
“And the cost to them? Watch, they’ll turn out just like him.”
Ishtar and Erica smiled together.
“Oh I HOPE so!”
“Just minus the fucked up sense of humor.”
“Sera’s already there, but we’re still hopeful for Lillia.”
Lillia smiled now.
“Don’t worry, Mother, Father, I’m sure I can find SOME manner of Tyler’s personality to make you lose sleep over.”
Tyler smiled now.
“oh yeah. I was going to teach you to throw hands, Lillia.”
The king and queen looked at each other before looking at Lillia as she cracked her fists.
“I’ll look forward to it.”
Whisper just smiled now.
“Ohh, SHE’S got fire!”
Tyler walked over and patted Lillia on the back fondly.
“She shattered Charlotte’s nose when she screwed poor Sera out of a Stone giant kill.”
Erica and Ishtar blinked in shock.
“Lillia did what?”
“The Coward did what?”
Tyler frowned at Ishtar.
“I thought I told you about how Sera had the thing did to rights and Charlotte ruined it for her saying princesses CAN’T fight?”
The king remembered then.
“ohhh, right. Sorry, been a while.”
Erica looked at her daughter and smiled.
“Sera’s gotten his humor, Lillia his fire. I can live with this.”
Kazuma had a disgusted look on his face now.
“You two are seriously okay letting that vile bully instruct your girls on how to be like him? You do realize he has no compassion, right?”
Tyler just sighed.
“I feel like I’m dealing with Duke all over again.”
the king laughed.
“get this. That idiot went and joined a temple!”
“No shit. What’s he preach?”
“You’ll love this. He joined the Black temple we have in the city. They believe the world is just a myriad of lies and deceit and they seek to expose the truth. We have the white paths do a random search as they be black paths all. Just in case.”
Tyler frowned now.
“Duke was a black path?”
The king nodded.
“I see where you’re going and I beat ya to it. The purity interrogated him with Divine truth and he had no idea about the black banned spells.”
Kazuma blinked.
“Divine truth?”
Tyler pulled the license up on his ring.
“It makes the one it’s cast on unable to lie period. I got mine for turning in that bastard that tried to cheat kaori in a horse deal. Never used it as I prefer the knife and plus the added reputation of a skilled torturer.”
The party nodded as Lucy chuckled.
“A most wily strategy, even if I cannot do it meself.”
Kazuma looked at Tyler.
“I am getting sick of you worming your way out of every attempt to expose you for just WHAT you are. So I-“
“Dude, shut up. Okay? For the love of Minus just shut the hell up. We already had this fight. And NO, I am NOT humoring you again. You have two options here, Kazuma, get over it, or I cut the tongue from your mouth. MAKE A CALL.”
Ishtar sighed.
“Sadly, Tyler, that’s a punishment that can’t be implemented until AFTER the waves pass as we need the Warriors to fight them off at full strength.”
Tyler sighed as well.
“I am getting tired of this wave bullshit, Ishtar. I can win the battle with my party alone. We don’t NEED these idiots to win and I’m kinda surprised you’re even mentioning it as you know I’m right.”
The king nodded.
“Indeed you are and I know. Yet, the cardinal rules of the waves state this.”
“Ah. I see now. There’s the fine print screwjob I was waiting for.”
The king laughed at that one. Then he looked at him.
“The summoning, girl, and idiocy gets a 150 stripes, but same time that’s just not enough.”
Tyler leaned on a wall as he considered the problem.
“Could always just give him a tent and make him sleep outside the city until day of.”
Ishtar nodded.
“That’s a fine option, he’s already cast out of the royal family for this mess. The nobles hate him now as they see it he played us for fools, which he did.”
Tyler rubbed his chin as he looked at Axe,
“Hmm, I DID promise a deballing to Axe here. Plus Thorn deserves her due.”
The wise king nodded.
“The tent thing is the last step, and humiliation it is.”
Tyler blinked.
“Ooohhhh, I got a great idea!”
The party laughed as Kaori looked at her disgraced brother.
“You are so screwed.”
Wulf spoke up now.
“No one does humiliation like he does.”
Tyler looked at Ishtar grinning.
“You wouldn’t happen to have a six foot gibbet-style cage on hand, would you?”
The king looked at him nervously now.
“We have several styles, why do you ask, and why am I suddenly terrified?”
Tyler smiled at Kazuma.
“Put the cage in the center of the courtyard outside with boxes of rotten tomatoes and other fruit, have a town Cryer read off his crimes on the regular, strip him naked and lock him inside. And let everyone get a chance to throw the fruit at him for kicks.”
The king burst out laughing, and so did everyone else but Kazuma, whose face was the picture of abject horror. Tyler smiled as he had a further thought.
“Oh, and chain him up in a manner to let the lack of glory be seen.”
Ishtar smiled as he shook his head.
“I love the way you think. The stripes and length of time?”
Tyler thought about it.
“Length of time, hmmm, two full days. Have a water mage hit him each morn to prepare him for a fresh pelting. The stripes are for when he gets OUT of his cage. Oh, and Thorn gets her due. Axe too.”
The boy snorted.
“Ya getting there.”
“Nice to see I’m startin to get off the ground.”
The fierce boy shrugged.
“Eh. You still suck.”
Ishtar looked to Kazuma now.
“Kazuma the kind. For the crimes fo illegal demon summoning and subsequent torture of a helpless maid in OUR service, along with the shame you have brought upon the crown as a whole, you are hereby sentenced to Public Humiliation as laid out by the Outcast himself for a period of two days and nights, 150 stripes upon completing this ordeal, giving satisfaction to the poor girl you hurt, are cast out of the royal family, stripped of your title of the kind and are banished from the palace. Your name is henceforth Kazuma The Honorless. As such, it shall appear over your insignia when it is displayed and when your name is read in matters of import.”
The former prince’s golden crown was taken from his brow as given to Tyler to hold. The now ranting boy was then taken to be stripped of his gear and locked in the cage per the punishment. Tyler looked the golden circlet and tilted his head.
“Hmmm.”
kaori burst out laughing now.
“Oh shit. I know that look.”
Tyler looked at Ishtar.
“I know I said I don’t want to be king and all.”
The king and queen just gulped.
“Oh shit.”
“There goes my night sleep.”
Tyler spun the crown on a finger.
“But, I kinda like the idea of, oh, say, a high ranking noble. That say owns the area Raylik sits in.”
Ishtar and Erica smiled widely as Kaori just laughed.
“You fucking idiot. You just want to play ruler for a while!”
Tyler chuckled as he shrugged.
“Not really. More setting up our home PROPERLY. Plus, if Ishtar DOESN’T give me some kind of court spot for my dragonslayer title now placed on top of the other stuff I’ve done, it might cause more issues.”
The rulers blinked.
“By the gods, he’s got a point.”
Tyler sighed.
“I’ll be honest with you. I don’t MIND being a prince or noble or whatever, I just don’t want to be KING. I know a cage when I see one and I refuse to get trapped in it.”
Ishtar was nodding slowly.
“I understand completely. I regret not picking my blade back up sooner, as now I’m missing out on adventuring with my family. I hope YOU don’t make the same mistake.”
Tyler smiled at Kaori.
“Once they’re at the right age, blades coming off the wall and we’ll raise hell as only The Outcast family can!”
That got a round of fists against armor as kaori glowed. Sallie and Sylvia were jumping for joy in their spirit forms at this news, smiling and glowing like invisible lights at the prospect of adventuring with Warriors after getting trained by the best. Ishtar rubbed his beard now as he pondered the issue.
“I can just make you a prince lower in the line of succession. As we already HAVE the ideal successor.”
Axe snorted.
“Like doing better an the last guy is a high bar.”
Tyler tossed the kid the crown. The tough street kid just tossed it to the king.
“I tol him I hate crowns. Gimme a paper hat any day.”
“Damn right, Axe. I hate them things too. Kaori makes it work, but I sure as hell can’t.”
That got a laugh and a kiss as Axe nodded sagely.
“Least you know the right way to treat a girl. Thorn’s too good for you, but whatever.”
Ishtar looked at Tyler.
“Would being a second Prince work? I agree with you that we HAVE to give you some form of position at court or risk an unneeded issue.”
Tyler thought it over.
“A Second Prince’s duty is to support the first’s succession, right?”
“It is. And to make the family proud. Basically, all the benefits of the title and position without the baggage you hate so much.”
“I’ll claim Raylik as my realm. Seline rules the city, I the land, sound fair?”
The older king nodded smiling.
“That is how the nobility work in Vernillion. The City of Raylik’s Noble is a older gentlemen by the name of Zarrack. He is in the last years of his life, and just leaves the running of the area to Seline, his direct underling. So, if she is agreeable, which she will be, you’ll be set up as the area noble. Even if you’ll just be a foot loose rover.”
Tyler nodded.
“I like this. Now Kaori gets her Prince fantasy.”
That got him a smack as she laughed.
“I love you too.”
Axe looked down the hall.
“I’ll go check on Thorn.”
“I’ll go too.”
The boy just grunted as they went to see the elf girl. They heard the laughs and giggles as they approached.
“I think she’s awake.”
Tyler tapped a loud knuckle.
“Lily, it safe in there?”
The snarky voice of Lily was heard.
“Will be until you walk in.”
“Love you too.”
He opened the door to see Thorn in a fresh maid outfit with Sasha’s head on her small legs as the three girls petted her fur. The wing cloak was hanging on the banister AS Sera giggled.
“Leviathan used it to let us know you’re off the hook for letting Thorn wear it. Since you care about her an all!”
Tyler put it back on and a low rumble was heard in the Ocean dragon’s voice.
“Never piss off the Ocean’s friends. Or HER FRIENDS’ FRIENDS.”
Tyler smiled widely.
“Damn straight Leviathan.”
Axe and Tyler sat on the bed as thorn sighed.
“I’m fine boss. Same to you, Tyler.”
The head boy patted her hand.
“Good to hear it, Thorn. You’ll get your due of the bastard. We got em in a cage outside with fruit.”
She smiled widely now.
“Oh I know who’s idea that was. I love it. Still kickin him in the gems.”
Lily smiled at her.
“So am I, Thorn. So. Am. I.”
Tyler patted the fierce girl’s head.
“Nice to see Lily’s not the only one out there with a damn spine.”
Thorn shrugged.
“On the streets, you either grow fangs or claws. I grew both.”
Lily chuckled.
“Momma didn’t raise no jellyfish!”
“Damn right she didn’t! Alright, lily. I got an update to give to Seline, so look after Thorn.”
She nodded as Sera nearly throttled the girl.
“Me too!”
Axe laughed now.
“We all know Sera’s hugs are the deadliest things out there!”
That just got him his own taste of hug death. Tyler left room and headed for Ishtar’s office. HE walked in to see the king with Erica waiting for him with a coin out. Tyler smiled.
“Seline.”
The coin flared as the sexy, flame haired image of Tyler’s second favorite fox was seen. She saw Tyler and smiled widely.
“Tyler! Miss me?”
He smiled warmly at her.
“Only a lot, Seline. Hey, get this. I got Erica and Lyrica in me party now!”
She gasped in shock, then laughed.
“let me guess, Lyrica’s your new sex slave?”
“I bedded her so well, she swore to me right then and there. Then a day later I gave her a blood stone.”
Seline just shook her head.
“Of course you did. I bet you just love having a succubus in the tent.”
“Lyrica too.”
That got a laugh as Seline sighed happily.
“Erica just loves adventure, so getting to travel with Sera and Lillia is a dream come true. Any other beauties to brag about?”
“I’m Minus’ Mortal Husband now.”
She just smiled as he showed her the title.
“My, my, a queen, a Succubus, and now a goddess? You have quite the fan club.”
“Have you been to see Vulpix yet?”
The fox lady shivered,
“Guess so.”
Seline pulled a small scroll out.
“She wants me to give you this.”
“Pass it through the coin’s image.”
She did and Tyler got it. Tyler opened it and smiled as he gained the new title Lover of Vulpix title.
“Miss me?”
The sexy fox goddess’s voice was heard and Tyler smiled harder.
“Very much. Minus?”
The voice laughed in a sweet manner.
“Share. Both.”
“Love you. Both.”
She gave a cutely happy sigh.
“Yay. Room?”
“Of course. Look?”
A crystal appeared and he placed it in his pouch.
“After wave.”
“Wait patiently.”
Tyler just stroked the scroll with a light finger, getting a happy sigh.
“Want you.”
“Always. Seline?”
“Love her too. Much.”
“Foxes together. Hell yeah.”
The scroll laughed as Seline shivered at the image he’d just given her. Then Vulpix spoke again.
“Add Minus. Scroll.”
“Of course my loves.”
The scroll shuddered at that attack.
“Love you.”
“Love you too.”
HE closed the scroll and blew for Malico. The sexy cat came in and he looked at her.
“Minus’ scroll please.”
That got a laugh as she passed it to him. He opened it up and placed Vulpix’s over it. The light blue scroll sighed happily as the new one was added.
“Hello love.”
Minus’ warm voice was heard, followed by a sweet sigh.
“Love too.”
Tyler looked at Malico.
“Vulpix is my newest Goddess wife.”
That got a happily eager purr from the sexy cat as she looked at the scroll.
“I will most definitely pay a visit.”
minus laughed as Vulpix spoke.
“Tail trick?”
Malico rubbed her long, fluffy tail on the scroll,
“oh! Curious! Please!”
Tyler smiled happily as he looked at Seline.
“Hey, look over here.”
She looked and nearly jumped out of her ears as she saw the king and queen looking at her. Then she recovered as she shook her head.
“Well played you bastard. So. What happened now?”
Ishtar smiled.
“I’m naming Tyler Second Prince of Vernillion. With all the trappings of first without the succession.”
Seline blinked before looking at Tyler.
“Who the hell are you?”
Tyler passed his HUD over for review.
“This point, Seline, not even I can refuse this one.”
She narrowed her eyes as she looked at the titles.
“Okay, dragon surrogate, scary how ell that fits. 9 LICH’S BANE? DRAGONSLAYER?”
Tyler passed a crystal through and Seline nodded.
“Not a word about what I see.”
She watched the fight and nodded.
“Alright. You’re a new dragonslayer. I amazed and at the same time not really. I also see your problem. If you’re NOT given a position at court for this by Ishtar, it will just cause problems. Humble and you have to have a limit. I’m just glad you accepted it. Wait, tch, I forgot. YOU came up with it FIRST.”
Ishtar laughed as Erica spoke now.
“It will be good to see you again Seline.”
The fox lady smiled.
“It will be good to see you too Erica.”
Ishtar smiled now.
“Seline, since Tyler’s getting a spot at court now, he got to pick the land he gets to claim. Three guesses where.”
She smiled.
“He just wants to spoil Melly more.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Keep telling you. She’s Sera’s sister.”
Malico was happily rubbing her fuzzy tail on the scroll, making the thing moan as she teased the two goddesses with her fur. Tyler saw this and smiled.
“if you two want to borrow the cat for a bit as we’re working, feel free.”
Malico squeaked as she glowed before vanishing. The scroll was then seen to vibrate and moan as the two goddesses got their fill of Malico’s fur and tail. Tyler smiled fondly.
“You better clean MY tail when you’re done.”
That got a lewd uh-huh from Minus as Malico was heard mewling in pleasure. Tyler looked to the three as they laughed.
“Now that the cat’s being petted, and issues, Seline?”
The fox smiled.
“None at all, Tyler. I more or less already run the region anyway so you can roam in peace. Plus the coins give me access if I need your input for anythin serious.”
Tyler smiled now.
“Well, alright. I just got made a prince in Vernillion. And Kaori’s MY princess.”
That got a fond laugh as Ishtar had an idea.
“I can make her a princess too.”
Erica smiled widely.
“Eri got the same title before the mess.”
Tyler looked at him.
“It like the second prince thing?”
Ishtar nodded.
“More since you’re a prince and her your lover and will-be wife the title of princess extends to her. As a matter fo custom.”
“I put the crown on her head. Period.”
That got an approving nod from the two women. Ishtar smiled as well.
“Agreed. We’ll hold the coronation in-“
“the ball.”
That got a laugh from the three. Ishtar wiped a tear.
“I love the way you think! It will be a ball that will be sung of for centuries!”
“Well YEAH, we’ll still be here.”
that got a smile. Ishtar then looked at Seline.
“His seal with be his insignia. And that was all we had.”
The fox lady nodded.
“It was good to hear from you Tyler, Erica.”
Tyler smiled.
“Kiss Yoko and hug Melly for me.”
Seline’s tails flicked at him.
“I’ll kiss that raccoon tonight. As for Melly? She’s a princess in all but title now. She’s always practicing with that spear you gave her, and that crown never leaves her head but for the bath.”
“Tell her if she gets good enough I’ll have her join me party.”
Seline just shook her head.
“You rat BASTARD! You’ve been planning that since you gave her those! I’ll tell her myself.”
“Sera will love having her sister on adventures.”
Erica just smiled at that.
“Now I need to meet this girl.”
Tyler sighed.
“Okay, Seline, we got to get back to it.”
She nodded sadly.
“We miss you. It’s just not the same in town without the Outcasts.”
“The beauties able to walk must be a strange sight.”
That got a wistful sigh.
“I’m moving into your mansion when you get back.”
“Love you too, Seline.”
The king and queen sighed as the image died.
“Not a word to kaori about this.”
They smiled and nodded as Tyler looked to the scroll.
“when you’re done, Malico, hide the scroll. Minus, Vulpix, I love you.”
He got a happy moan from the loving ladies as he and Erica headed out, while Ishtar went to make the secret preparations. Tyler and the queen headed for the black markets now. The Outcast laughing as he saw Kazuma’s cage in the middle of the street with the town crier reading off his list of misdeeds and the boy getting pelted by rotting fruit.
“I cannot pass this up!”
Erica laughed as he walked over, and in full view of a glowering Kazuma, picked up a rotted banana, then walked around to stand behind the naked boy where he couldn’t see him, wind up, and hurl the long fruit with a savage force to slam into the boy’s unguarded rear, and getting full on stuck.
“Bullseye!”
The crowd lost it laughing as Kazuma now had four inches of hard rotten banana stuck in his ass.
“Bring back memories, don’t it Kazuma?”
Tyler dusted off his hands and left the ranting boy to his fate as Erica had to wipe tears from her blue eyes, laughing so hard as she was.
“You are an evil sonuvabitch! I love you!”
Tyler chuckled as he patted her back fondly.
“Love you too, Erica.”
She smiled as she led the way to an alley off the main road Tyler was unfamiliar with. The queen confidently walked up to a steel ringed door and banged a hard fist on the heavy wood. A metal slit on the thing opened up and a pair of eyes were seen.
“What’s yer business?”
Erica smiled.
“Showin the Outcast around, Dark.”
The eyes blinked as a laugh was heard and the door opened up.
“Erica the spellsword. Welcome to me humble market.”
Tyler stepped into view and got his first look at Dark. The man was a clear Hunchback with green eyes and a misshapen body. The man laughed a wheezing honk of a laugh as he saw Tyler.
“So, the outcast comes to visit. This oughta be good.”
Erica led the curious boy to another door. She opened it to a loud, frantic, packed marketplace hidden between two buildings with planks overhead to keep the light out and the ends of the alleys blocked off with stone walls to keep unwanted eyes out. The place came to a standstill as Tyler’s distinct frame and weapons hilts were seen. He laughed.
“Let’s have some fun!”
The black market of Term was a most eccentric kind of shopping district. The open air stalls selling everything from weapons and armor to exotic spices and animals, to rare materials. Erica led Tyler through the main way and even in the underground, people just got the fuck out of his way as he went. Only not a person hailed him as usual. Makes sense since these are supposed to be ‘illegal’ goods. Tyler was looking into each stall as he got a feel for the markets and wares. Some sold skills and spells, others tools, weapons, armor, jewelry, clothing, accessories, animals, and other such sundries. Erica led him to one stall and they were greeted by a tall lizard lady with green scales, large breasts in a reed bra, reptilian head, creamy under belly, reed loin cloth and a long alligator like tail with glowing pink eyes.
“Ahhh, Erica! Welcome back! I was wondering when you’d come see me.”
the queen leaned in to kiss the lizard lady on her lipless mouth with evident love.
“I missed you Kirya.”
The lizard lady reached up with a human finger to caress Erica’s firm breast through her top.
“I have time.”
Erica shuddered,
“I want you to meet my friend first.”
The reptilian lady looked over and smiled widely as she saw Tyler happily enjoying the show.
“I see, I see! A fine, young, strapping lad for me to play with! Ohh, Erica, you’re so sweet to me!”
Tyler chuckled.
“I’d love to play with you miss. I be Tyler the Outcast.”
That got her attention, as a long, forked tongue poked out of her mouth as she licked her mouth in a most hungry fashion.
“Oh, by all means, young Warrior. Follow me you two.”
Her voice was a low rasping breath that Tyler liked, and he followed the lady into the door behind her stall. She led the pair to a curtain covered room with a bed and looked at his waist hungrily.
“Erica will watch your gear for you.”
“Sure.”
He stripped for her and her cross slited eyes went wide with lust as she saw his ready sword. She laid on the bed as Erica sat watching with evident interest, and Tyler chuckled.
“Wanna make it a pile?”
Kirya smiled widely now.
“I REAL Warrior man! Erica, I got room!”
The queen eagerly stripped as well now, well aware Sallie and Sylvia would keep an eye on their stuff before she leapt into the bed to kiss the lizard lady as Tyler slid into his first reptilian lady. She was surprisingly warm and lovingly tight as she hissed like a gator as the ride started. Her reed clothing allowing for easy removal for just such occasions. The scaled lady got a cream filling before Erica was filled next as the two ladies played together as well. The queen was warm as well, and nearly as tight as Vixen’s groove. The trio went at each other until the ladies collapsed from the sex as Tyler still had one left he gave to Erica. Then he laid between the two beauties as they recovered from the sex. Tyler just happily panted as Sallie and Sylvia applauded the show as Kirya and Erica sighed.
“Best sex with a male in centuries.”
“Best sex with a man period.”
Tyler smiled.
“Lyrica joined for a reason!”
They laughed at that logic. Then Tyler looked to the lizard lady beside him.
“So, Kirya, I’ve not encountered your people before.”
She smiled as she kissed him again.
“I be a member of the Leezard race. The Frilled Lizard humanoid.”
Tyler shrugged as he kissed her.
“Still a beauty. Even if ya got the scales.”
She laughed as she kissed him herself. Then he turned his attention to her massive breasts that put Malico’s melons to shame yet were ridiculously firm and bouncy. He kissed them again and sighed.
“I love these.”
Erica smiled.
“Mine?”
Tyler gave the queen a kiss to the nipple as he weighed the choice.
“Vixen’s got the better set,.”
He leaned back over to kiss Kirya’s bust now.
“You have the firmest.”
The ladies laughed as their racks got loved. Then the leezard draped her long alligator tail over him and Erica.
“Ya got a Scale.”
Erica rubbed the hard scaled tail and Tyler just laughed.
“Again?”
Erica nodded as he rubbed Kirya’s tail.
“Yup. In her people’s way, good sex is a sign of a good match of lovers and partners.”
Tyler just kissed the ladies again.
“Kaori is going to laugh.”
Kirya smiled now.
“As I am now you8r newest wife, my body, in my culture, belongs to ALL the wives you’ve collected thus far.”
Tyler smiled now.
“Going to be hilarious to see Lily get sandwiched between Malico, Kirya, Vixen, and Lyrica.”
The two smiled.
“She likes em big eh?”
“Indeed she does.”
Now sufficiently recovered, the lovers dressed to do business. Kirya retook her spot behind her stall as Erica took up the thread.
“Tyler here’s looking to get set up with the markets. Guess he is now.”
The Leezard nodded.
“Indeed he is. Here, Eggmaker.”
Tyler blinked at the name.
“Umm, Kaori first.”
She smiled as she gave him a green scale coin.
“Show this to any door with the symbol on the face. They will admit ya long as ye be in good standing with the market there. No cheats, raw deals, or dangerous goods yer are aware of. No theft, or questions asked.”
Tyler nodded and placed the coin in his pouch.
“I got a few weapons me party can’t really use, best person to go to is?”
She waved her tail down the street.
“Ya lookin for Olrich the dwarf. His spots down yonder.”
Erica nodded as both her and him kissed her goodbye and moved along. Erica smiling as they went.
“So. Kirya, huh?”
She laughed.
“She’s been my Scale for many years now. Plus a very good friend. Sera and Lillia have never met her due to her business, but I love that Leezard.”
Tyler patted her fondly.
“Ya got good taste in scales.”
That got a chuckle as they found the weapon dealer. Tyler walked up and spotted a particular weapon hanging from a peg. A roiling black short sword 4 feet long with a slightly curved blade.
“Ahhh, I see ya spotted the Demon Blade!”
Tyler and Erica looked to see a 4 foot tall dwarf missing an eye with orange hair come over to them clad in mail and plate. Tyler smiled as he nodded to the blade.
“It be weirdly eye catching. Olrich, right?”
The dwarf nodded.
“Aye, Lad. Nice to see you again Erica.”
She smiled and nodded. Then the dwarf looked to the boy with a twinkle in his eye.
“I’ll make a bet with you laddee.”
“Ya had me curiosity, NOW you have my attention.”
The dwarf laughed.
“I’m keeping that line. If you can hold that blade for ten seconds WITHOUT losing your mind it be yours for free. If ya can’t that mythril sword over yer left shoulder be mine. Deal?”
“Sure. I know a girl that needs a new friend.”
The dwarf watched as Tyler took the blade down and smiled.
“Ahh, A Demon of MindBreak. Nasty.”
The dwarf’s smile died as the ten seconds passed and Tyler shattered the thing’s will before looking at him.
“Oh, I forgot to tell you. My name’s Tyler the outcast.”
The dwarf busted up laughing.
“I paid for that one! Duly noted boy! I’ll keep me word, as I opened me mouth.”
Tyler shook the dwarf’s hand before placing the sword in his pouch before pulling out another.
“I got a few weapons we can’t really use, interested?”
The dwarf’s eye twinkled again.
“Now we be talkin! Lay em out boy!”
Tyler laid the thirty or so weapons out and the dwarf nodded.
“I see. Good weapons and gear all. Best case deal, what are you looking to get for them?”
Tyler thought it over, when he spotted another weapon on the wall. A long, black/brown Magicite axe hanging on a peg.
“Trade ya a few fer that un there.”
The dwarf smiled.
“Ohhhh, a smart one. Okay, lad. Let’s see.”
Tyler had Erica take it down as he couldn’t touch it, which he explained to Olrich.
“I’m a White blue. I got a black/brown on the team. I can’t even poke the thing or I’ll lose me finger.”
The dwarf nodded as he looked the weapon over before looking at the pile.
“Hmm, I can let it go for 15 of the thirty.”
Tyler tilted his head as he indicated one blade.
“This here be grey lisk scale.”
The dwarf blinked.
“So it be! Fair point and well caught. Okay, that one and two more for the axe.”
“Sounds fair, this here and this one two. A Heavy steel sword, and Lighter Steel shield.”
The dwarf nodded.
“Deal! Ya drive a hard bargain lad.”
Tyler shook the dwarf’s hand.
“I just know what I’m looking for. Hmm, I wonder.”
Erica smiled.
“Oh shit here we go.”
“Love you too. You wouldn’t have any holy gear, Olrich, would you?”
The dwarf crossed his arms as he thought.
“I do, but not many are seeking such things. May I ask why?”
Tyler passed his bestiary over.
“We hunt some rather tough bastards.”
The dwarf went white.
“By the stone. 9 lich’s Bane. Okay, lad you’ve proved yer point. I have a few Boost bands of Pure white. That be all though.”
“That’s really all I’m looking for really. Okay, rest of the pile outright for the booster bands.”
The dwarf did some crunching.
“I can give you two of the three for the pile. I’d have to ask for 50 silver extra.”
“Sure. Funny enough, I need to break a gold anyway.”
That got a laugh as Tyler got his arm bands and the fifty silver. Olrich smiled widely.
“I’ll make quite the profit from these, thankee kindly lad.”
“Ya say that now, and I roll back up with MORE stuff to sell!”
That got a laugh.
“I like this one, Erica!”
They left and Erica looked at him.
“Skills and spells now?”
“Lead the way, your sexiness.”
She kissed him for that one before leading him to a door a little further down with a Sprite store keep. Unlike Twink, the other sprite Tyler had met, this one had deep pink wings, a large chest for her small frame, nearly pink skin, and golden hair that was longer then she was tall. She smiled at them and her pink eyes lit up.
“Erica! Ya came to visit me! Oh! And you brought me a handsome one too!”
She fluttered over to hover before him as she looked him over most closely. Tyler smiled at her soft voice.
“Nice to meet you, miss. I’m Tyler.”
She blinked, then smiled widely.
“The Outcast himself? In MY shop? Oh, Erica, I love you!”
the queen got a warm kiss as Tyler spotted a white spellbook on a shelf. As the two ladies kisses got more passionate and heated he took it down to look over.
“Let’s see what we got. Hmm, Woah. Sacred Care. Costs fifty mana per casting, and is twice as potent as Holy relief fully upgraded. Can be upgraded to even heal nearly severed limbs without a resurgence. Next is sacred Wrath. A shield spell used in conjunction with Hallowed Ground or Protective Warning to make any enemies entering the zone experience pain as any spirits caught in the area, be they of import to the casters heart, be given a protective shell that both repels shades and other spirit predators and allows their presence to be felt that much more. Damn. I like this shop already.”
He closed the book and looked for a blue as the sprite came fluttering over now, panting from her passionate kisses.
“I see you’re a blue/white. Oh, I forgot. I be called Wink. Nice to meetcha.”
Tyler smiled at her.
“Nice to meetcha too Wink. Got some gnarly ones in this one.”
she sat on his shoulder, only to hop right off with a whoop. She smiled apologetically then.
“I’m sorry miss! I wasn’t looking!”
She had sat on Sallie in her spot on his shoulder. The green haired spirit huffed.
“This is MY spot! Get your own!”
Sylvia laughed as she patted her spirit sister.
“Sorry, for her, Miss Wink, Sallie loves that spot as it’s her favorite place to be.”
Wink smiled as she saw Tyler tracking the two spirits every move.
“Holy sight with Holy muse. I’m sorry for you two. But, thankful you have him to travel with.”
They shrugged.
“Ya say that now, then the jokes and puns come out.”
Wink leered at him now.
“I love a pun. Show me your worst.”
“Hmm, I’ll get to it in a most Spritely manner!”
Wink laughed as the others winced.
“Not bad. Not bad at all.”
“I’m so glad I made you Wink in joy.”
She snorted.
“Damn man, your good.”
“Happy to help the flutter get tickled pink.”
Wink busted up laughing as Erica wacked them both.
“Enough! I’m losing years listenin to you!”
Wink smiled at Tyler.
“One more.”
“Hmmm, Let’s see. Dunno. I guess I just have to wing it.”
Wink dropped from the air to her desk as she laughed at that one. Erica and the two spirits just shivered. The queen spoke to the girls, even though she couldn’t see them.
“I am so sorry I did this to you. I forgot Wink and him have the same sense of humor.”
The spirits shuddered, and tyler relayed their reply.
“They say it’s not your fault we’re a pair idiots with a fucked up sense of humor.”
Wink came over and hugged the man now.
“You’ll visit again, right?”
“Just cause you asked me to.”
She smiled widely as he pulled a blue book down.
“Let’s see the blue word.”
Wink laughed as Erica sighed.
“I regret bringing him here.”
Tyler flipped to the first spell.
“Hmm, Ocean’s Surf. Sends a wall of water at an enemy 10 feet tall at first with the force of an angry giant. Power based off path power. Mean. I love it. Next is sacred Waters. A blue/white spell. When cast upon a container of water it purifies it into Holy Water and is useful as a splash potion against undead and enemy black paths. Potency of the water id based off paths power. Damn I can freakin melt them now. Next is…..wow. Ocean’s fury. Summons thirty feet of surf over an area one hundred feet wide, the caster and non enemies are unaffected by the waves as any enemy caught in the waves either drown, or are slowed to a crawl while the rest move freely. I am going to fuck with people with this. Next is Ocean’s tragedy. The follow up to Ocean’s wrath. When cast the water summoned started to grind against itself like rocks instead of water. Any enemy caught in the water is ground to dust. Next one is Watery hellscape. A red/blue spell. Engulfs a set area in water that burns like flames with the intensity being equal to the caster’s path power. When combined with other water spells the effected area increases accordingly. Okay. I LOVE this shop.”
He added the book and looked for a brown next. He spotted one as Erica got into another heated makeout session with an eager Wink. Tyler looked through the book and shook his head as the spells were also extremely powerful. He found a set of books for everyone in the party. Even a few red/black combos for the girls. Though he had to have Erica handle them until Wink could get them properly wrapped. Tyler set them on her counter as he looked at smithing skills now for Lily.
“Got four more Ore efficiencies. Nice, more of those I load her up with the better, another three Metal shapers? Fuck yeah. Five more Steel Softeners? Dear sweet Minus I need to come here more. Hmm, what are you? Ore recycle. Okay, love the name. decreases the waste material of smithing by 5%. When fully upgraded the decrease is 25%, is stackable. Useful for maximizing materials. She’s got eight? Dear Vulpix Lily is going to lose it.”
He placed the small pile of skills next to the books as Erica laughed.
“See?”
“Erica, I love you.”
She smiled as Tyler looked at wink now, as the sprite was happily leering at him.
“If you find anymore of these, Wink, I’d appreciate it if you’d hold em for me.”
She placed her head on her hands.
“will you come back in person?”
He mirrored her posture.
“Was me plan. If only to make your day just a little bit more…..full.”
She shivered at that.
“Oh, you better! I’ll keep me eye out for these skills. Okay, the total for these be 10 gold, and a kiss.”
“And we all know the kiss is the true treasure in here.”
He kissed her most lovingly as she moaned. She fluttered back on her wings as he placed the coins on the counter and put the items in his pouch as Wink squirmed in the air. Tyler nodded.
“I’ll go give the girls their new gifts and get Wulf and Whisper for the next batch.”
Erica smiled now.
“I’ll rest for the time being.”
Tyler kissed Wink goodbye as he and Erica headed back for the next set of bills. Tyler peering into different stalls and shops as they went. He was smiling as he peered into one.
“Hey, Erica. Hol up a sec.”
Curious, the queen watched as Tyler walked into one stall towards a cage with a large animal looking at him from within the bars. Tyler crouched in front of the cage as the beast inside growled at him. It was a massive wolf with pure white fur, plate sized paws, golden eyes that were glaring at him, and a two foot horn growing out of the majestic beast’s head. The wolf was easily 4 feet tall at the shoulder, and maybe 10 long with a long 4 foot tail. Tyler looked the animal over as it snarled at him now.
“Shut up and let me look atchya.”
The wolf pressed against the cage as it looked at him curiously now. Tyler placed a hand on the fur and felt a myriad of lines under the sleek fur. HE sighed.
“I get it now. You’re like me. Just no split.”
The wolf tilted it’s head and he lifted his vest to show his own scars. HE got a sad whine and a lick as the wolf understood his pain. Tyler looked for a stall keeper and a tall elf came out now.
“I see you’ve noticed ole Ghost here. She’s a beauty ain’t she?”
Tyler nodded as he looked at the wolf.
“Aye. She’s a Fenrir, isn’t she?”
The elf smiled widely.
“You know wolves, lad. Aye, she be a Fenrir wolf spirit.”
“How much?”
The elf blinked.
“Umm, I’m sorry, lad. I musta misheard you.”
Tyler smiled.
“I be Tyler the Outcast. I said, how much?”
The elf smiled now.
“I see, I see. No wonder ole Ghost likes you so much. Fer her? 300 gold.”
Tyler gave him the money and he got the key. Tyler looked at the wolf now.
“I got camp rules.”
The wolf was heard to laugh in a female human voice now.
“I see. Let us discuss this when we are away from here. Master.”
“I don’t like loose ends, so, I must ask of your loyalty.”
The wolf spirit nodded.
“I understand. As you have freed me from my prison, you are my new master. When I have room to shift forms, you shall understand.”
“This oughta be good.”
Tyler opened the cage and the white wolf glowed before a tall, beautiful girl was seen. She was as tall as Kaori with pure white hair that fell to her knees, eyes the color of pure gold, pale skin, a massive rack that was even perkier then Kirya’s orbs. On her head were a pair of tall pure white wolf ears while swishing behind her was a 5 foot long wolf’s tail of purest white. She was clad in a white gown and was bare foot. Her face was soft and with delicate features. Tyler tilted his head as he looked at the wolf spirit.
“How the hell they catch you?”
She had a sad look now.
“My Mortal Lover betrayed my love and sold me to a slaver. He placed a slaver’s spell upon me while we were in the bed as I was in my Mortal Shell. As such, I was unable to escape.”
Tyler sighed now.
“I’m Sorry, Ghost.”
She nodded.
“As am I. My truest name is Lupa. The Wolf Queen.”
“Holy sweet Vulpix that’s a freakin metal name.”
She smiled and pulled a few hairs from her tail now.
“Pull up your HUD, Warrior.”
he did, and she placed the hairs into the thing. HE got the titles Wolf Tamer, Spirit Friend, Spirit Holder, and Spirit Guardian. Erica was just going with it at this point as Tyler found a Wolf Spirit in a random stall he had looked in. Lupa went to each title to explain what they meant.
“Wolf tamer means you’ve gained the ability to command a Wolf Spirit absolutely. You could order it to torture itself to death and the spirit would obey without question of hesitation. Basically, a Wolf Spirit Slave.”
“I’mma stop you right there, Lupa. That one, NO. You are NOT my slave.”
She smiled now.
“You misunderstand. The granting of such control is a show of the utmost trust and the single highest proof of worth a wolf Spirit came give to a Mortal. If you get Wolf tamer in the list, then that spirit trusts you with their very being.”
Tyler just looked at it.
“Might wanna lead with that instead of the whole slave route.”
She laughed, and it sounded like a wind in a wolf pack.
“Noted. This next one. Spirit Friend. It means you’re a friend to Spirits everywhere. We can come to you for everything from a good lay and protection, to mere companionship and secrets. We can trust you as a whole. Spirit Holder is next. This is of a similar vein of Wolf Tamer, but in the sense of my spirit form. It becomes locked away in a place you deem safe. Basically, the spirit is placing their divine powers in your holdings. Be it a pouch, a dwelling, or even the soul itself. Should you have need of the Spirits true power, you must remove the item you bound the power to and present it to the spirit you got it from. Last, is spirit Guardian. You are seen as a protector to the spirit. Period. The spirit looks to you to feel safe from those that would do them harm. That said, it is a two way lane, as the spirit has also pledged themselves to defend you to the death, obey your commands to the letter, and keep your secrets. This one is just the spirit version of Wolf Tamer.”
Tyler crossed his arms as he looked at the titles.
“So, you’re becoming my mere servant?”
Lupa smiled, as the two girl spirits had informed her of him.
“Think of me as a new friend that has already agreed to your rules with titles to back it up.”
Tyler just shrugged.
“Sure. You’re no mere servant, Lupa. You’re a WOLF Spirit.”
She smiled as her tail flicked behind her.
“I am also aware of the titles Lover of Minus and Lover of Vulpix. You will have to EARN my title.”
Tyler shrugged again.
“Fair. You running like that or the wolf?”
She glowed and was then in the form of a wolf the size of Sasha.
“Better, Tyler?”
“Kinda. Much as I love a good wolf, walking around with one the size of a horse is just a bad idea. Come on I got some friends for you to meet.”
The elf man smiled.
“Ya want the spell to control her?”
Tyler looked at him.
“It already on her?”
HE shook his head.
“Nah. Once you bought her it broke. Needs to be reapplied by each owner.”
“I’m set. Thanks though.”
The elf nodded as Tyler left his shop with his new friend. Once he was gone, the elf just sank to the ground.
“If I had not broken that control spell when she walked out I wouldn’t be here right now! And he KNEW it was there too!”

Tyler followed Erica out of the market with Lupa trotting easily right beside them in her wolf form. They walked out the same door they had entered through on their way to the palace. The trio passed Kazuma still in his cage as now the other Warriors were joining in on the humiliation. Tyler picked up another banana that was nearly rock hard and threw it at the one still lodged in the naked boy’s ass, scoring a perfect bullseye and sending the fruit further up inside.
“Bullseye!”
The boy knew the voice and heard the laughs as he swore another oath of wrathful vengeance against the man that had taken everything he cared about from him. Lupa looked at him curiously.
“Tyler?”
“He tortured an elf girl I’m friends with. So, since he can’t be executed due to the wave bullshit, he’s getting that for two days, 150 stripes, and a kick to the gems by the girl when he gets out. Plus got kicked out of the royal family for it.”
The wolf nodded.
“I see. You defend those you care about.”
“With sadistic ferocity. You hurt the ones I care about, I can and WILL hurt you more.”
She chuckled as they went inside.
“As it should be.”
Tyler looked at Erica.
“I think this one is a party secret.”
The queen nodded.
“I agree. As she IS a spirit, we really can’t broadcast we have her.”
Tyler looked at the wolf.
“we’ll have to make a plan out of earshot of the masses, Ghost.”
The wolf growled as she showed she understood. They went to Ishtar’s office, and the king blinked as they walked in.
“What the hell did you find now?”
Tyler sighed.
“A doozy, Ishtar. And A outright party secret. I’m including you only because you’ve proven you can handle such things when you saw my sword the first time and kept it under you.”
The king nodded.
“I see. And thank you for the trust.”
Tyler pulled his whistle and blew it as the wolf rested by the desk. The party came in, and once the door shut,
“Holy Sanctity.”
Malico gasped, and Tyler chuckled as he saw she was a little woozy after her first time at the mercy of a pair of lusty goddesses. Once the spell ended, Tyler looked at the wolf.
“Ladies, Wulf, and Sasha. Meet Lupa, the Wolf Queen. And our newest Outcast.”
The wolf glowed and retook her human form as Vixen and Lyrica gasped in utter shock.
“The Wolf Queen has returned?”
“Lady Lupa has been found? Malico the scroll now!”
The cat hurried to lay it out as Lupa finished her transformation. Once the scroll was rolled out, the contended moans of Minus were heard.
“Do you need me Love?”
Tyler sighed.
“I found Lupa, Minus.”
The scroll went blank for a few minutes as his words processed. Then the forms of Minus and Vulpix appeared in the room to see her with their own eyes. Lupa just burst into tears at the sight of the two divine beauties.
“Sister Vulpix, Lady Minus, I’m HOME at last!”
The goddesses hugged her tightly as they reunited. Tyler sighed as he looked to the party.
“Not a word of her leaves this room. Period. In camp, we play this as if she were Sallie and Sylvia. Understood?”
Every head nodded as Minus looked to him now, her ice blue eyes were full of tears as she spoke.
“Where and how?”
Tyler sighed.
“Took a trip into the black market for some fun and new spots to sell stuff. Found some good stuff too. Well, we’re walking out and I look into a stall and see a 4 foot tall wolf in a cage with a horn on it’s head. So, now curious as to just what the hell I found I walked over. She growled at me and I told her to cut the shit and let me get a better look at her. She comes over to the bars, and I felt lines of scars under her fur, which is RIDICLUOUSY soft by the way. So, I showed her my scars. She got it and I bought her off the elf running the shop. She starts talking in wolf form, and that’s when I realized I found something big. Then she pulled a Vulpix when we met and I understood. Look.”
HE showed the Scale Goddess his newest set of Titles and she hugged him.
“Protect her well, love. Please.”
He held the goddess tightly.
“Like Sallie and Sylvia.”
She deflated from the breath of relief as Vulpix came over to hug him now herself.
“Thank you. Saved older sister.”
He hugged her too.
“Sorry it took so damned long.”
She sighed happily.
“Safe you. Love you.”
He rubbed her back.
“Love you too, and she’s safe with me.”
Lupa had recovered now and Vulpix placed a hand on his shoulder.
“Best protector. Best lover. Best.”
Lupa smiled as Minus held up a scale that had nearly snapped.
“Seriously, Lupa, this one is the actual Hero Warrior. He keeps this up he’ll break the damned thing!”
Tyler smiled as he walked over to Lupa.
“We’ll have to lay a few ground rules, but well, welcome to the Outcast camp. Watch out for Sera. Her hugs are freakin lethal.”
Sera took her que to come over and nearly throttle each goddess in turn. Vulpix smiled as it was her turn.
“Too cute! Make cuter!”
Sera blinked as she glowed a moment, then Tyler tapped her.
“Look at your abilities.”
The girl did, and squealed.
“I got Fox Mimic!”
She used it, growing a very thick tail of bright orange fur with a pair of cute fox ears atop her head. She hugged her tail tightly as it appeared squealing.
“I can feel it!”
Ishtar and Erica just beamed proudly as their cute daughter got a boon for Vulpix. Minus kissed Tyler before Vulpix got one as well. Minus sighed.
“We’ll go let the other deities know Lupa has been rescued.”
Tyler smiled.
“Go rub it in YOUR Husband found her.”
She smiled.
“Oh we BOTH will.”
They were gone and Lupa came over to hug Tyler.
“Thank you.”
He rubbed her back soothingly.
“The nightmare’s over. Now you just need to pull your weight in MY camp. Wolf spirit or not.”
She laughed leaned back.
“You said rules.”
“As the strongest person on the team, I hold the coin. 2. No work no food. In my camp you pull your weight.”
“Seriously, Lady Wolf he’s a dick about it.”
“I got a fluffy tail! Still mean, but I got a tail!”
The room laughed at Sera’s happy joy for her new feature. The Wolf spirit was smiling as well.
“Anything else?”
“In towns or villages we all share a room to save coin. When the bed calls we get a separate room. Unspoken are easier. Keep our secrets, we do dark work from time to time and don’t get on a high horse.”
“Dark work like torture and interrogations?”
“I do them as I’m just the best at it. But yes.”
She nodded.
“I agree to the camp rules. Now, spirit rules?”
Tyler crossed his arms.
“In towns, you’re NOT Lupa the Wolf Queen or a spirit. You’re a Wolf like Sasha here. Out on the trail you can use the bigger wolf form as well as in battles. The human form and full Spirit thing is ONLY in the mansion or camp after the spells are up. Or Raylik as that town is safe enough for us. In towns I call you Ghost. Out there, Lupa. Sound good?”
She nodded.
“Of course. Plus, my spirit power needs to be released back to me by you so I can use it fully. Even then it’s like that ability you have. The specifics you can see under the ability tab for me in your HUD.”
Tyler pulled it up and saw her tab.
“I got one for Sasha too for some odd reason.”
Lupa looked at the relaxing husky and she huffed.
“She says she’s happy just letting you do the heavy thinking. She’ll just get the cuddles.”
“Wow, Sasha. Spoiled much?”
That got a bark.
“She’s a DOG, whaddya expect?”
“Eh. Fair. Course we all know Sera wins here.”
That got a laugh as Tyler looked at the ability.
“Okay. Spirit wrath. Usable once a day. When active the Spirit gains her full force for a period of 5 minutes in which she may unleash her powers freely. Once the time is up she is helpless for 3 hours. Upgrades through use and results. Yeeesh, we need to be careful with this one. That said, we need to drop Lich kings or another dragon after my own wrath is used up, we got a backup plan. Same with Dragon Rage. Hers is the last option before my Roar. Sasha has….wow. She’s got like 500 points to place. Prepare for a jolt.”
HE put the points into her speed, agility, strength, and defense until the last was gone. Once done he nodded at the lounging pup.
“Well, Sasha, YOU just got brought up to Kaori’s level. I hope you enjoyed the light work, as the training begins on the next batch.”
She whined as Sera finally got passed her fluff.
“No! Sasha a guard dog!”
Tyler tilted his head.
“Huh. Not a bad idea Sera. We DO need someone to watch the horses on full raids. You better thank her Sasha.”
The grateful husky licked the giggling girl’s face as Tyler pulled out his pouch.
“I found quite a few good deals in the market. Lily, you first.”
The elven smith gasped as he handed her the pile of stackable skills. She hugged him tightly, nearly in tears.
“With these I can move right up to Lisk scale! Magicite and Dragon scale be after that, then enchanted items after! Thank you, I love you!”
He just hugged her tighter.
“The sprite finds anymore you’re getting them. I love you too, Lily.”
She just hugged him the tighter. Then she added each skill to her HUD as Tyler passed Ashy the wrapped Magicite axe. She took it and smiled.
“I love it!”
“Wulf asked me to see if I can find you a weapon in your paths. Glad I could.”
The ranger got a kiss for the made up request as Tyler got approving nods from the rest of the ladies present. Next he gave Whisper the demon short sword and she laughed.
“I like this blade. It feels good in the hand!”
“I’m good at this. Spell books next.”
Each member of the party got a book each and their eyes went wide as they saw the spells inside. Vixen looked at him in shock.
“There are spells in here that I haven’t even HEARD of!”
Tyler looked at Erica and she smiled.
“Long as you trust them, feel free.”
Tyler looked at the black mage.
“I’ll introduce you to her next run.”
She kissed him.
“Ya better.”
Once the spells were set Tyler looked at Lupa.
“Your general task is nasty surprise for the idiots when I am not around for whatever reason. If for example Sera goes into Term, she gets an escort of fangs. Speaking of, Serafina, Lupa, Whisper, issues?”
The Wraith, Weretiger and Wolf Spirt faced each other now. Lupa smiled.
“I am fine with them. Long as they be fine with me.”
The two ladies nodded.
“Agreed.”
“Who else is he going to recruit next?”
That got a laugh as Tyler looked at Wulf.
“Let’s go get the next batch with Whisper.”
They nodded as he looked to Lupa.
“YOU go rest with Sera. We work harder then most.”
The Wolf spirit retook her wolf form as Tyler looked at Ishtar.
“Not a word. Wrong ears hear this, we’re fightin slavers with YOUR girls in the net.”
The king nodded with a grim face.
“Agreed.”
Tyler, Wulf and Whisper headed for the guild as the rest of the party took Ghost for a warm bath and more rest before they rode out again. Once the ladies were out of ear shot, Wulf smiled.
“Nicely played.”
“Sure, Wulf.”
Whisper smiled now as well.
“That lady has two men looking to put a smile on her face.”
They laughed as Tyler took the time to lob a rotten lemon at Kazuma’s rear, splattering it perfectly.
“Three for three!”
They laughed as the crowd loved it. The guild laughed as Tyler walked in with Wulf and Whisper.
“Ya got a great mind for punishments lad!”
Tyler chuckled.
“Humiliating people is a hobby.”
They laughed as the trio walked to the board. Tyler smiled as he saw one bill.
“Wanted: Slaying of a Kobold Hold. Reward 5 gold.”
Wulf spoke up from the right.
“That’s got about 250 creatures.”
“Nice rampage. We got new tricks to play with.”
Whisper smiled as well.
“I’d like to bare fang.”
“Ohh FUCK yeah!”
She smiled as she passed him a poster.
“Sounds like your speed.”
He looked at it.
“Wanted: Slaying of a Tyrant King. Reward 350 gold. I love you too, Whisper.”
Wulf smiled again.
“I got two more Tyrants. Each 250 gold.”
“Nice. Easy kills with big payoffs.”
“I got a bandit stronghold.”
“Really? How many idiots?”
Whisper looked at the bill.
“Reward is 30 gold. Soo, maybe 250?”
“Nice. We can play massacre. Get the girls more large scale battle skill. Plus the bounties and weapons at the market, we set.”
Ruby came over now.
“A few of those have an update. And, a word of caution.”
He looked at her.
“Caution first.”
She smiled.
“we like to pretend to be a more….honorable……place if you take me drift. At least, in earshot.”
“I see. Thanks Ruby. Ya get your shot with an apple?”
She smiled widely now.
“I got to throw a cantaloupe.”
Tyler just smiled widely.
“Nice to see you got the fire to match the ruby!”
That got a laugh as she blushed a little.
“The Tyrant King’s reward has been increased to 500, and the other two Tyrants to 300 a piece.”
“I love fighting Tyrants.”
Whisper pulled one down.
“I got one for a Drake.”
Tyler looked over from examining a Golem bill.
“What kind of drake?”
“Doesn’t say. Reward is 75 gold. Lily can use Drake scale to practice for Lisk.”
“Ohh, go fuckin call Whisper. Add it to the pile.”
Tyler took the golem bill.
“Got another golem, reward is 15 gold.”
Wulf chuckled.
“The stone is really good coin.”
“Plus the danger is just enough to train nerves as well.”
Whisper chuckled now as well.
“Long as SOMEONE don’t tip it over in the wrong direction.”
Tyler just sighed.
“I will NOT get pancaked by a walking rock, damn it!”
The guild laughed as Tyler spotted another good one.
“Hey, got one for another Cave Bear. Rewards 4 gold.”
Wulf chuckled.
“More comfy pelts we get the better.”
“Damn straight. Oh, hello.”
Tyler pulled a bill down as he looked at it curiously.
“Wanted: Slaying of a Wendigo. Reward 75 silver. That a deer spirit?”
Whisper answered this time.
“More undead that feeds on bones of those it kills. Best way to describe it? A type of vampire that only eats bone.”
“Huh. I’ve heard this legend in my old world. Freaked me the FUCK out when I did. Now I wanna kill it.”
Wulf chuckled.
“Something scared YOU?”
“I got the thing in the thing.”
“I see. Now I’m curious as to just WHAT lives in your world.”
“I got a bunch you’ll get a kick out of. Hmmm, next time I’m asking for me book collection.”
The elf smiled as Whisper pulled another down.
“I got one for a Rocktoise.”
Tyler looked at her.
“That like the admantoise?”
“It is. Only smaller and not as strong. Reward is 5 gold.”
“We got bills for three Tyrants, A Drake, A wendigo, Golem, A Kobold Hold, Cave bear, Bandit stronghold, and another giant turtle. We got room for a few more.”
“Got one for another Orc camp.”
“We’ll let the girls hit it.”
“Reward is 55 silver.”
“Not bad really. Oh, got a weird one.”
Wulf and Whisper came over at ‘weird’. Tyler showed them the bill.
“Says here a Hogrilla needs to be put down. What the fuck is a Hogrilla?”
Wulf and Whisper licked their lips at the name.
“Giant gorilla with a pig head. 10 feet tall, but the meat is some of the best in Lectis. They’re a pain in the ass to really kill as they’re fast and strong, but the meat is the same as a good Wyvern steak.”
“We got two bills for them. Reward per is 65 silver.”
The two natives had a longing expression on their faces as he added them to the growing stack. Tyler walked along the board as he searched for another eyecatcher. HE found it in the form of a large poster.
“Wanted: Slaying of a Grand Wyrm. Reward 190 gold. Nice.”
Wulf smiled at the name.
“Think that Fire Wyrm but in the shape of that black dragon.”
“Oh I like this one.”
Whisper was smiling as she pulled one down.
“I got one for a Nightmare. Reward is 10 gold.”
“Kaori gets that one.”
“Agreed. I also have one for a High Titan.”
Wulf and Tyler smiled.
“That was a fun one.”
“Whats the reward?”
“90 gold. Says here the thing may or may not be alone.”
Tyler did a quick recap.
“Three Tyrants, A Kobold stronghold, bandit stronghold, orc camp, High Titan, Wendigo, Cave bear, Nightmare, Grand Wyrm, two Hogrillas, a giant turtle, Golem, a drake and that’s it. We’ll grab three more before we get the hunt started.”
Wulf and Whisper nodded as they went to opposite ends of the board. Tyler looked at the dead center.
“Hmm, I have one for a Plain’s Home.”
Wulf answered the unasked question.
“150 Plains giants.”
“Rewards 30 gold.”
Whisper pulled one down.
“I got one for A hobgoblin King. Rewards 25 gold. These lead camps of 150 creatures.”
Wulf smiled as he took one down.
“Got one for a Titan convoy. 45 gold for 10 creatures killed. A good convoy has fifteen.”
“We got our targets. Let’s head for the hall.”
The trio walked out in a minor hurry as they had the targets. Tyler smiled as he spotted a rotten tomato and paused long enough to score a splattering face shot on the caged Kazuma.
“That got a 100% on rotten tomatoes!”
He walked off laughing as Kazuma swore yet another oath of bloody vengeance against the Outcast. Tyler headed for the long dining hall as Wulf and Whisper sat either side of the map. HE placed the stack of bills out for a once over.
“These Titans, them and the golem are the biggest issues due to the flattener effect. Everything else is either good blood fun or exercise.”
They nodded. Tyler smiled.
“Let’s get to it.”
He blew for muster and waited for the party to join them. Lupa came trotting over in her Ghost wolf form to sit by his seat as the rest all took a seat. Tyler passed the bills around and waited for them to get the idea. Vixen and Lyrica smiled as they saw the Wendigo.
“That will be a fun one.”
“Indeed. These things usually only appear at night, but we can track it easily enough.”
Tyler nodded as he reached down to pat Ghost.
“Outcasts, mount up.”
The party moved with purpose to their mounts as Kaori looked at Tyler with the Nightmare bill.
“Please?”
He kissed her.
“Of course.”
She smiled as the they rode passed her still getting pelted brother. Each Outcast taking the time to throw a fruit each, and Tyler smiled as he hucked a pineapple into the boy’s rear.
“5 for 5!”
The party laughed as Lily threw a grapefruit and smacked him in the gems.
“Love you too, Lily!”
The party moved out the gate before breaking out into a gallop. Lupa took her 4 foot tall wolf form to bound beside Tyler’s horse as they ran.
“We got a few battles the fangs can go wild in. Whisper, how long does the shift last?”
The were tiger smiled.
“25 minutes. Once it runs out I need to rest for 15.”
“Gotchya. We’ll keep an eye on it when you go tiger.”
The first hit was the Wendigo as Tyler wanted to get the more pain in the ass ones done first. The creature had claimed a small bit of forest as it’s home, so Tyler looked at his party.
“Vixen, Lyrica, Whisper, annnnd, Ashy.”
They nodded and loaded up as Lupa plopped beside Sera’s horse now as she petted the wolf spirit and Sasha. Tyler followed the scout and Vixen as they moved through the woodland.
“To kill a Wendigo, pierce the heart.”
Tyler nodded as they found a small cave set into a tree. Tyler pulled his holy scimitars as the ladies readied their own weaponry. Tyler led the way inside the cave and nearly immediately spotted the fell thing. It was 6 feet tall, had pasty grey skin, buck teeth with weird red eyes and long claws. It was looking at them as it just stood there waiting for dark. Tyler smiled.
“Holy smite, Sacred fire, Holy fire.”
The thing screamed as Tyler charged forward with the ladies behind him watching, well aware such a foe was outmatched against him. They were right. The creature got hit as it moved a single backwards jointed leg, and turned to dust as his holy power hit it. He shrugged.
“eh, it was scarier in the documentary.”
Ashy smiled widely.
“You have it?”
“Oh hell yeah.”
She laughed as Tyler prospected the cave.
“That’s a first. We got nuthin in here. Not even clay.”
they left the cave to ride onto the next hit.
“We’ll kill a Tyrant next.”
Tyler took the lead as the party hunted the massive dinosaur looking thing. Tyler had his spear out as he found the prints.
“Heads up, this one’s angry.”
They nodded and pulled weapons as Lupa the wolf spirit stayed close to Sera as they moved along the trail. Tyler was smiling, when he held up a hand.
“Hey, hear that?”
they listened intently, and felt the rumble as something heavy hit the ground. They rode towards the source of the impact, only to find the Tyrant had been felled by another party of adventurers it had clearly just attacked. The group was 9 strong, and were clearly exhausted as Tyler led the party up. The other group saw the clear hunting party and chuckled.
“Looks like it found us first!”
Tyler got off his horse as a man in red armor came over.
“You the party leader?”
The man nodded sheepishly.
“Aye, Sirrah. We be headin for Term, and this thing wanted a word with us. I be Butch.”
Tyler smiled.
“I be Tyler the outcast. Anyone hurt?”
“Hail! Outcast!”
“Hail!”
Butch was smiling now.
“Nay, Sir. No one’s hurt. Was this one of your hits?”
Tyler passed him the bill.
“It was. Seems it picked the wrong direction.”
The man nodded.
“Well, how we splitting the thing?”
Tyler looked at the beast.
“Hmmm. We’re more out for practice really. How’s half down the middle sound?”
The man nodded.
“That be most fair. Out of curiosity, how much of these animals do you usually take?”
“The whole animal.”
HE chuckled.
“I see you’ve a fine mind for loot. Well, we’ll get to it.”
The animal was spilt between the two parties before Tyler and Butch talked coin.
“Thing was worth what? 300? 150 per?”
They shook on it,
“We’ll head for the guild and let them know we crossed paths.”
“We got more heads to take.”
They parted ways as Tyler chuckled.
“Well, that’s a first.”
Lucy the barbarian laughed.
“Aye, lad. But that’s the way of adventurin sometimes.”
Whisper smiled now.
“At least we got a fair deal from it.”
The next hit was the Hogrilla. Tyler smiled as they neared the spot.
“Wulf, Erica, Lily, and Sera.”
The group nodded and off they went. The creature was literally a gorilla with a pig head, so a single shot to the heart from Sera’s bow dropped the ten foot tall beast. Wulf and Whisper came with the rest of the party to aid the butchering as the cuts of meat were among the finest in the land. The efficient party moved on to the next hit: the orc camp.
“This one is Sera, Wulf, Lillia, Lily, Ashy, Kaori, Annnd, Vixen. Rest of us sit back. The three girls kill it themselves.”
They nodded smiling as Erica was still a little nervous as her daughters went to battle. They found the spot and Wulf led the group into the trees. Tyler smiled a she pulled up his HUD.
“Hey, I wanna read it too!”
He smiled as Malico came over on her own horse, only for him to kiss his favorite cat.
“This morning In Vernillion. The number of True Warriors in the land of Lectis has dropped back to Three. That’s right, readers of Lectis, the number has decreased. Sadly, not by way of death, but of a revealing of the truth. Let us start at the beginning. Yesterday we reported on how Tyler the outcast had been doing some recruiting for his camp, taking in the legendary succubus Lyrica as his newest Sex slave, or in Succubus culture, WIFE, a truly beautiful husky by the name of Sasha that Sera loves, and the Warrior Prince Kazuma the Kind per their relationship due to Tyler’s love for Kaori. The prince’s twin sister. The prince could not have found a better teacher for both the ways of the world or for combat then in Tyler, reader, this is a well known fact. The Outcast, nearly immediately after adding three new faces to his team then began his usual harsh regiment of training he put Sera and her sister Lillia through with his elven sister Lily. Now those three are among the more relied on in the Outcast camp. Lily just keeps Tyler in line whenever Kaori’s not around or needs to rest her whacking hand. The first round of bills turned a nice profit for the team, as well as Tyler the Outcast gaining TWO more Lich’s Bane titles. This is correct, reader. Tyler had killed TWO lich kings in a single fight. Single handedly. Yet, that was not the end of Tyler’s day. Sadly. As is his way, Tyler often procures most dangerous goods in his travels that require the White Path of Purity’s aid to destroy, so upon getting paid for the bills and selling the loot, he brought his Black mage, Lady Nightmare Vixen, to destroy the items as she is the most knowledgeable about the evil. Well, reader, the purity made a most giving mistake: They insulted the Lady Vixen three times to Tyler’s face as they barred entry. Sensing something foul was afoot, Tyler did what he does best: Kick the walls of deceit down do see the truth. Much to the Prince’s Dismay, as Tyler does NOT play by any rules but his own when danger is in the air. Upon entering the temple, tyler made a most disturbing discovery: the temple to a man had been replaced by Doppelganger demons. Seeing this horror, Tyler went into instant overdrive with his Doppel spell on full display as the King and Queen took shelter inside the King’s study under guard from a few of the Outcast’s party. Tyler went to every temple in the city to cleanse the creatures with the Prince in tow to see just HOW the Outcast solves a problem. Once satisfied the wheels were turning to his standards, Tyler went with his party and the Prince to give a Warrior’s Council to King Ishtar and Queen Erica to determine just HOW the foul things gained entry in such mass numbers. What went on behind that door is a mystery reader, but over the course of the four hours the door was shut, the dwarven Kingdom of Erolagard exploded into frenzied action as a cry for a Doppel hunt by King Rolic’s Doppel Gang was sent and carried out from the coal town of Rookland to the capital city of Underhill with ever city in the Dwarven homeland getting cleaned out per the Outcast’s procedures he developed in Yalik. King Rolic made a statement regarding the issue.
“The Outcast has saved me people from a true nightmare, and him hasn’t even set foot in me realm the once! I’ve spoken with the boy meself now, and he be welcome in me realm, but the task for the cities stands as they would feel the safer that way. We have also implemented the lad’s other rules across the stone. He’s a most intense one, the Outcast.”
It would seem the Outcast made a few summons of his own while in the king’s study, as the dragons also had a rally of their own. Tempesta the Sky lord has called on other dragons to aid in the hunt for the fallen Dragons, and one be his own Sister! Leviathan, Queen of the Oceans has woken from her slumber to take wing once more. May the gods have mercy upon us all, for the Sky King and Ocean Queen hunt together once more. The meeting continued inside the room between the Outcasts and the lords. During this time, Kazuma and the Outcast had a falling out of a most nasty kind. The exact specifics of their disagreement are not clear, and even though this writer believes she may know the reason behind the sudden parting of ways, until the Outcast gives the interview or the truth be made clear, I shall refrain from rumors. The outcast was not upset or even bothered in the slightest by the departure, as he made yet another recruiting for his party. This time, none other then Queen Erica herself. That’s right, readers of Lectis, Erica the Spellsword rides in a Warrior party once more. Tyler’s camp now has veteran wave support on top of his other powerful members. Be curious to know which he prefers, highly experienced adventurers, or powerful rookies? As is his way, Tyler began the training nearly immediately. Or, more accurately, HIS training. Tyler led his party into our humble hall for another batch of bills, and the looks of intimidation on the faces of Lyrica and Erica when bill after bill of creatures like lisks, tyrants, Grand walls, and other such high level beasts were labeld mere practice for the party. Tyler even pulled two bills for a Hill gathering and an Orc Stronghold as large scale battle practice. I’m half tempted to ask the Outcast to make a recording of the battles for the guild! These fights must be the stuff of legends! One bill in particular got the Outcast’s attention: that of Grand wall. Or, more accurately, the news it had torn through a small village with many injuries. The village had sent out a cry for healers, and as is the often denied way of the Outcast, he sent the payment of 50 silver back as he pledged the party to visit in the morning as he was exhausted to the point of collapse from a series of hard fought battles that day. The battles in question? At some point in the day, Tyler had to fight 5 lich kings At ONCE. SINGLEHANDEDLY. The Outcast’s bestiary proved this to be utter fact, readers of Lectis. Tyler has slain 8 lich kings in total. 7 in one day. May the gods have pity upon this soul, as that is just not fair. Tyler was still smiling and laughing even though he was about to drop from the exhaustion of the efforts he had to put forth that day. He denied payment for the village healing beyond the offered spell as is his way. The Outcasts were discussing amongst themselves the falling out with the Prince when the man himself walked in calling Tyler a liar and a heartless bastard. Tyler just laughed as he needs not defend himself to any but his Love Kaori and Lily the shield elf. Kazuma would not let it go, as in his eyes Tyler was just a greedy bastard. Tyler ignored him as he had more important matters to attend. Tyler found another bill for another village in need of healers, and as he listed off the reward to his party, 50 silver as this be a poorer village that had suffered a stampede of Plains striders, Kazuma made the mistake of insulting the honor of the man before the guild by saying how he’d demand twice the pay. The guild and members of Tyler’s party confronted the angry man as Tyler just laughed, as again, just words are beneath his notice. Kazuma would not take the hint, and continued to taunt the Outcast as Tyler just looked over the board. Well, reader, even Tyler the Outcast has a limit and a line. And Kazuma found it. What was the one taunt that got under the legendary demon taunter’s skin? Kazuma called his love for Kaori a merely lust based joke and the blonde beauty a whore in the same breath. Tyler was in an instant near blind rage as Kazuma dragged the Outcast’s love into the mess, hitting the man so hard in the chest he was launched into the stone wall of the hall leaving an imprint akin to a child’s play in the snow. Tyler was not done, however, and he pulled a certain dagger, which once seen by his party members a cold shudder was witnessed. If that blade signifies what that shudder hinted at, then Tyler the Outcast has a most dark set of skills indeed. The way the enraged Outcast was moving was more akin to a hunting tiger stalking a wounded animal as it considered just how to kill it. Kaori, the Outcast’s love and heart, was able to calm the man with but a touch and a few words. As it should be. Tyler let the insult go and paid double for the damage and repair costs to the guild as he be the type that when he makes a mess he cleans it. Even IF this mess wasn’t his doing but the result of another. Tyler, now just done with the issue entirely, and with a load of bills was all too content to let the guild deal with the prince as it was, in his words, more a guild issue then his at that point. This writer, Ruby, was the one that witnessed the following events, along with every member of the Outcast party, along with every member of the guild hall. Tyler had never bothered to ask the guild rules, as he is merely interested in the job board and the coin it provides. So, I took it upon myself to explain as his camp rules are a well known secret. Upon hearing the rule for a trial by combat, Kazuma challenged the Outcast before the words had left the air. Tyler just sighed, as he had to fight 7 lich kings that day, and his condition was far from peak or height of strength. Kazuma was still fresh as can be, even drinking a potion of healing and vitality as he did so. Per the rules of the guild, Kazuma was able to dictate the methods of the fight and Tyler the stipulations of victory and defeat. Every person in that hall could see both just how tired he was, and how much he DIDN’T want to fight, but, again, in his words,
“You are PISSING me off.”
So, Kazuma terms for the fight? Tyler fight the prince bare handed, bare chested, no spells, skills or potions period. Kazuma? The spineless coward dictated he get to keep ALL his weapons, gear, everything he had. Kazuma basically ordered Tyler to fight the fully armed and armored man half naked with his bare hands. Tyler sighed again, and set the terms for Kazuma’s defeat: to just leave his party alone as he had reached the end of his rope with the honorless man, and to never stand before the party unless it was necessary like in terms of the palace or say the ball. A most understandable demand given the mess. Kazuma, however, tried to set the rule of Tyler’s defeat that the man hand over everything he owned, weapons, coin, spells, WOMEN, the lot to him. Tyler is an outcast for a reason Kazuma. That said, TYLER was the one to set his own loss stipulation, but, since Kazuma was so blinded by both jealousy and greed, accepted the duel WITHOUT Tyler setting a stipulation for himself PERIOD. Tyler had neither accepted nor denied Kazuma’s idiotic stipulation, which made it like it was never put forth. Kazuma was so impatient to BE the Outcast he missed it entirely. I myself threw the coin to start the duel. Kazuma tried, ladies and gentlemen of Lectis, but everything that coward tried Tyler had an answer for. Whether his physical stats defeated Kazuma’s own attacks, his foresight out witting his tricks like an ice vial, to his twin paths defeating Kazuma’s spells, his own torturous past allowing him to fight blind as Kazuma resorted to an invisibility potion to at least TOUCH the man, to his titles defeating his attempts to poison him. Every time Tyler answered an attack, Kazuma cried both cheater and unfair like a child losing a game of ball. Tyler only landed one blow on the boy, as he sought to make his point that he didn’t NEED his equipment to win a fight against such an opponent. Kazuma was backed into a corner, breathing hard from strain as Tyler was still relaxed and bored, while also running out of tricks. So, he resorted to Balancer’s Wrath. The ability is gifted as a boon by the Scale God Levelus for capturing thirty bounties. Tyler was most confused by this information as he has the titles of Scale Balancer and Lover of Minus. You heard it right, ladies, Tyler is the new Mortal Husband of Scale Queen Minus herself! I myself read this in his HUD, and the Goddess loves him! So, Tyler is both her champion AND her Mortal Husband! Beauties of the realm rejoice! So, reader, you can understand his confusion as to why he didn’t have the boon of Balancer’s wrath and the corresponding title Scale ballast. The reason is he got the highest honors and titles the Scale had to offer, and Levelus really had nothing he COULD give the man for his work. Tyler accepted this news with a smile as he enjoys the bounty hunting trade and the coin he makes. Balancer’s Wrath forces a Trial of the Scale between two Mortals, overseen by a deity of the scale personally. The way it works is on the right every good deed accomplished or performed by the two involved is converted into ballasts, and placed on the scale. Same with every bad deed on the left. If the good wins out over the bad, a reward is bestowed upon the one in question based on the difference, if the bad wins, a punishment is inflicted by the difference. This trial is the ultimate test of character in the realms, as there is no lie or falsehood. Just cold truth and fact. The Deity overseeing the trial was the Goddess of Debt and Punishment Judge herself. Tyler thought she was Atrocity! Minus’ War goddess older sister! Judge loved the comparison as she explained her sphere and Atrocity’s to Tyler. A most wise man learns of his WIFE’S family! Goddess or not! The trial was carried out, and Kazuma was found the condemned as the bad deeds he had committed in his life outweighed the good by a very noticeable amount. Thus, the punishment of a stripping of his Titles of the Scale along with the inflicting of the cursed title Scale tipper was implemented. Scale Tipper is a cursed title that denotes the one it is inflicted on as one that has abused the trust of the Scale for their own gain. As such, NO deity of the Scale will ever look to his deeds again. Good LUCK getting a fair deal in the banks and exchanges now, Kazuma. Tyler was the next to be tried, and his bad deeds were weighed first. The amount made him sigh.
“There goes my reputation as an asshole. Goodbye Demon hello white knight bullshit.”
Tyler’s humor can range from utter hilarity to soul breaking. As we recovered from his latest hilarity, his good deeds were placed upon the scale. Reader, they nearly BROKE the thing! Tyler just shook his head as he mourned the loss of his dark persona as he was found the absolved of the trial. After seeking clarification on just WHAT the scale balanced, Judge directed him to Lady Minus for his reward as it be of THAT caliber. He’s married to her, so what else can she give him? Kazuma has since been cast out from the hall for being an honorless coward. Tyler took in yet another new face, and she was none other then Whisper the Tiger Scout herself! Tyler’s party is a truly impressive camp now! As Whisper is one of the most well respected members of the guild, and a right beauty as well. Kazuma had also invoked the fury of the Sky Lord Tempesta, as when the title of Guild Oath was set upon him, it was discovered the cursed title Dragon Silencer was also inflicted upon him. It seems the disgraced boy learned a few camp secrets before his true nature was made clear. Tempesta saw fit to spare a few words regarding the mess.
“Tyler has earned my True Friendship. The only reason the idiot still lives is because of the lady Kaori having a more gentle disposition then the pair of us.”
Kaori is the gentle beauty to the merciless necessity Tyler brings to the table. A most welcome balance indeed. Kazuma was removed from the line of succession by King Ishtar due to such an honorless mess, which is only fair. In this writer’s own opinion? That boy needs to be kicked in the gems for his idiocy.”
Tyler and Malico were laughing by the end of the article.
“We need to see the next one after this, Tyler!”
HE kissed her.
“We really DO!”
She purred as he petted her ears the way she liked.
“I’d like to spend a night alone some time. We haven’t had one yet. Just me an you.”
She purred the harder now.
“I’d love to. Tomorrow night?”
He kissed her longingly now.
“I’ll look forward to it.”
He petted her warmly as they waited for the signal from the kill party. It wasn’t long after the whistles vibrated.
“Let’s see how they did!”
Erica was in the front, worry stamped on her face as the party went to see the results. They found the camp dead to the last creature as Wulf, kaori, Ashy and Vixen all gave each girl a warm hug as they stood in the center of a camp of 110 orcs, 4 hill giants, and even 10 more Gnolls. Tyler whistled as he saw the carnage,
“Damn.”
He walked over to see the girls drinking stamina and restore potions as Wulf came over with a wide smile on his face.
“How’d they do Wulf?”
The ranger pointed to a set of four rocks with a ten foot ring of bodies around it.
“Sera and Lillia took that spot as a power position while Lily cut anything that moved to pieces on the ground. They killed every creature alone up there.”
“Backup plan?”
Wulf pointed behind the rocks.
“There’s a small ditch behind there they used to sneak around the camp. If they’d dropped into it after tossing the poison vial Lily got off Vixen,”
“Poof, a nice vanishing act. A good plan.”
The ranger nodded.
“A very good plan indeed. The giant got dropped first, flattening a good ten creatures per.”
Tyler walked over to the smiling girls and they got a hug each.
“Well done girls. This is your raid and bill.”
They were smiling with pride as they panted slightly.
“You alright?”
They nodded as lily smiled.
“Me arm’s fine, since that was to be your next question.”
He hugged the fierce girl tightly.
“Keep an eye on it.”
“Love you too.”
Sera and Lillia were flexing fingers.
“My bow fingers are sore, but a good sore.”
“Same here. I’ll dip them in some warm water back at the palace when we get back.”
Tyler smiled.
“Alright ladies and Sasha. Loot the place.”
They laughed as the party gave the girls praise and hugs as they worked. Erica came up to Tyler as he searched a giant.
“I owe you an apology.”
HE just kissed her warmly.
“Better?”
She smiled.
“Much. I must admit even I am not confident in my ability to handle this many creatures.”
Tyler just kissed her again.
“You’ll get there Erica. You in MY camp now.”
She laughed as the camp was looted to the last copper. The three girls walked away 10 gold, 324 silver, 444 copper richer. Tyler pulled out the bills.
“Okay, the Wendigo, a Hogrilla, Tyrant, and the orc camp are dead. Next up is….oh this oughta be fun. The Bandit stronghold.”
The party smiled widely as Wulf took the lead. Whisper’s yellow eyes were looking a little green as her blood rose.
“I’ll save my fangs for the kobolds. Bandits be fun, but best to start off small.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I’ll use me dual blade for this one. I need to get back to where I was.”
Kaori patted her ruby katana.
“I’ll try out me new blade.”
The party rode to the place in the bill, and Tyler smiled as he saw it was another fort. The fort was built into the side of a mountain, with three distinct levels staggered backward up the mountainside. Tyler used his Farsight to better scout the place. The stone was poorly maintained, deep cracks in the blocks, moss and other creeper plant life on the walls, and the once clean grey now a sooty black. Tyler looked at the front gate, and smiled.
“They repaired the actual gate this time. This might actually be fun.”
Malico was smiling as her long tail waved excitedly.
“Let’s record the fight and sell it to the guild!”
Tyler had another thought.
“We can do that, Malico. We can ALSO make a collection of our best fights too.”
The party loved the idea, and so began gearing up. Tyler was smiling widely as they began moving. The plan was to sneak up to the front gate where he’d freeze it solid before using his fire to shatter the ten foot tall gate. The idiots inside hadn’t even bothered with a look out, so Tyler was able to place a hand on the gate before those inside even had a clue. They could here the sounds of an active bandit camp inside, and he smiled as he used his ice.
“Ice dragon.”
The front gate was then frozen right through to the point of brittleness. Tyler took in a deep breath.
“Sky dragon roar!”
Ashy and Kaori just sighed.
“He is going to have a field day.”
“Uh-huh.”
Tyler’s blue flames made the doors explode outright with a river of fire tearing into the packed men inside.
“Knock knock fucks! THE OUTCASTS COME CALLING!”
Tyler dove into the first group as his glowing sapphire staff sword twirled in his hands, turning the first five men he reached into mush as he passed. Lucy and Thistle reached their own blocks of men, and the two ladies gave the ground a fresh coating of red paint as Lucy swung her demon greatsword, scything down five in a single stroke, as Thistle swung her battleaxe into her own group of five. Wulf and Ashy were working in tandem with their own blades to make the air rain blood as the more experienced elven ranger helped Ashy get passed her blade fear. Ashy’s blue rune sword was dyed purple as she sank the slightly curved blade into the flash of men. Kaori and Erica were working together as well, as both ladies left bodies in pieces. Erica’s longsword complementing Kaori’s glowing ruby katana perfectly as the blonde’s speed made her next to impossible to touch. The queen also had high speed and agility to keep up with the faster blonde, and the pair of ladies were unassailable. Vixen and Lyrica were having fun at the expense of the bandit mages. Lyrica’s fire spells roasting those entranced by Vixen’s illusions and weakened by her poisons. Sera, Lily, and Lillia were working together with Whisper in a four square pattern as the banks of men sought the seemingly easier prey of the girls, only for Lily’s shield and sword to disembowel them before Sera’s arrows reached their hearts. Lillia’s round shield was also paying dividends as Whisper would bait an attack for Lillia to deflect as both ladies got the kill. Sasha and Ghost were also active, as the wolf and the husky moved to take men in the fangs with some good claw action as well. Serafina was hiding in the shadows as she used her wraith abilities to assassinate any bandit that tried to play leader or looked particularly troublesome. Tyler was leaving bodies in pieces as he moved deeper into the keep of the fort. He had seperated the blade for better fighting indoors as he sought the leader of the rabble. Men fell before him like wheat to a reaper as he found the large double doors leading into the commander’s quarters. Without breaking stride he booted the doors off their hinges and frames to get a wall of spears thrust into his torso by ten men. He looked down at the spear tips cutting his shirt and sighed.
“Dammit I liked this one too. Eh. Whatever”
The men were white faced as he slashed through the wall of spears, and their bodies, in 5 seconds. Tyler was smiling when he spotted the last man standing. A tall, wiry man with a black cloak and staff standing by the window over looking the battle.
“So the Outcasts came to visit me. How kind.”
Tyler just ran at the man, throwing himself into a flying drop kick as the man moved to the side.
“How sad.”
Tyler just laughed as he used his blade to stick into the stone to keep himself from flying out the window.
“ I AM going to boot you out that window.”
The man had a hood up as he lifted the staff. Tyler chuckled.
“A Staff of Mind Break. Try it.”
The black mage did, and Tyler felt the pressure on his mind, and he shattered it. The man blinked as his staff cracked right down the middle. Now whistling, Tyler walked over to the man before grabbing him by the back to lead him top the window. Tyler was about to kick him out the window as promised, when he had a thought.
“Eh. Might as well.”
HE looked at the man’s face for a bounty.
“Wow. The Mind Breaker. Reward is 3500 gold? Dead with the staff a further 1000? Thank Minus and Vulpix I looked before the boot.”
Tyler severed the head before looking to see how the battle was going. His team had the battle wall in hand, and were wrapping up as he watched.
“Waterburst.”
He cast his spell which encased the party, getting a laugh as he set off the burst. The rest of the bandit band were put to death before he gave a yell.
“Hey! Vixen! Got a nasty one up here!”
The black mage came up with Lyrica to see. Vixen gasped as she saw the man.
“The Mind Breaker? HERE?”
Tyler nodded to the cracked staff.
“Together the head and staff are worth 4500. I can’t really touch them.”
She nodded and took possession of the things as Lyrica looked around the room. The party were looting as the three searched the clear office for another banned spells and items. The room was cleared and they walked away with a few more banned items and spells. Vixen carried the head and staff as they looted as they went. Once they rejoined the party, Tyler got a report.
“How’d we do?”
Sera and Lillia were stretching fingers as Lily was rubbing her arm.
“I’m good. Fingers a little tired, but nothing too bad.”
“ME arm is fine. I’m a bit tired, but fine.”
“Same. Just need to catch my breath.”
Tyler smiled as he cast a healing spell on everyone before looking at the bills.
“I think I’ll hit the Plain’s home myself.”
The party laughed as Erica blinked.
“A 150 giant camp? Just for a mere test?”
“Yup.”
The queen just sighed.
“You’re insane.”
“Love you too.”
The fort was looted to the last, and they walked away 75 gold, 324 copper, 1,213 copper coins richer, with a mass of weapons for the markets, a few spells for Wink’s shop, the head and staff, and a few gems. Tyler and the party mounted back up for the next hunt.
“Next up….the Tyrant King. Should be an easy one.”
That got a laugh as they found the thing roaming along a stretch of flat ground. Sera brought it down with a well-aimed shaft to the heart, which she only had one thing to say. To Wulf.
“Ha.”
The ranger smiled as he let her have the moment to gloat. The beast was collected to the last before they moved on to the Golem, then the Titan Convoy. Tyler smiling widely as they used Vixen’s illusions to drop the massive animals. The group had 20 beasts, and they killed them all. Tyler was happily working away with Lily to butcher the animals, before they rode on to the next hit. They were going for the cave bear as a quick break from the heavy combat. Ashy got the kill as Tyler and Lily prospected the cave for anything useful. They walked away with more clay, copper, some quartz, and a few hundred pounds of limestone. Tyler looked over the bills as they readied for the next ride.
“The bandits, titan convoy, bear, golem, the Hogrilla, the orcs, two of the Tyrants, and the wendigo are dead. We got another tyrant, the plains home, kobold hold, king titan, hob king, another Hogrilla, the drake, grand Wyrm, the Rocktoise, and the nightmare. We’ll go put the poor beast to rest then hit the last titan.”
Kaori kissed him as they went to the spot. Ghost the white wolf was riding the back of Sera’s horse with Sasha as the princess was loving the easy petting access. The nightmare was found butting it’s head into a boulder, and Tyler placed his holy smite and holy fire upon Kaori’s arrow as the horse lover took aim. She hit the thing cleanly and it dropped with a scream of relief. The party all patted her reassuringly as they moved onto the high titan. This one was a good 75 feet tall with five 50 foot titans surrounding it. The party kept it’s distance as they brought the massive animals down. They collecte4d the entire animal of each kill before Tyler smiled.
“The giant thing is next. I’ll hit it alone.”
Erica shook her head.
“I don’t know why, but knowing he also sets tests for himself is oddly comforting.”
The plain’s home was set a large palisade the beasts had made themselves out of rocks, trees, and mud. Tyler smiled as he walked in.
“Let’s get going! Ocean’s Fury!”
The inside of the Home was filled with water 30 feet deep. The giants were all 40 feet tall, but were trapped to the chest by the roiling surf. Tyler smiled now.
“Ocean’s tragedy!”
the creatures all screamed and roared in pain as the waters Tyler had summoned became a meat grinder, with the waters growing shards of stone hard particles which were rotated inside the mini sea with bone crunching ferocity. Tyler had Oblivion and Oathkeeper out as he moved around slicing and dicing any thing not him. The last creature fell after a fifteen minute struggle, and he let the waters dissipate. The rest of the party came in then and got to looting as Erica shook her head again.
“I’d like a copy of that spell. I’ll ask Wink when I see her.”
Tyler just kissed her.
“Love you too. I kinda wanna cast this in the middle of town and watch the mind fuckery.”
The party laughed at the image, as Erica was the voice of caution.
“Not a good idea to cast such a high level spell like that in town outta the blue. Might cause a panic.”
Tyler sighed.
“Fair.”
The palisade was looted to the last coin, advancing the party wealth by 90 gold, 435 silver, 658 copper. The next hit was the Rocktoise, and it fell to a well placed spear from Lucy. The drake turned out to be another rock drake from the elven queendom. That was a mere execution. Once the meat and other useful things were collected, Tyler did a coin check.
“Let’s see. We got 1,144,844 gold, 1,151 silver, 2,373 copper coins. I REALLY do not like roaming with those kinds a numbers, but, we don’t really have a choice.”
Malico spoke up as they moved to hit the kobold hold.
“Once that pouch is full, could always put it in my pouch.”
“Tomorrow kittycat! I love you!”
The busty catgirl purred as Lyrica smiled.
“I’m tonight, right?”
“Of course my succubus WIFE.”
She sighed happily as Tyler looked at Whisper.
“You, Sasha and Lupa can go fang on these things. So, enjoy.”
That got an eager smile from the weretiger as Lupa in her wolf form growled with Sasha in anticipation of the upcoming slaughter. The rat-like creatures had built a wooden palisade fort in a square pattern on a stretch of flatland for their home. A feat that seemed odd to Tyler,
“Hey, ARE kobolds smart?”
Whisper and Wulf chuckled.
“Not really. They most likely got a leader of some kind.”
“They’re stupid creatures really. But, are very industrious once something tells them what to do.”
Tyler shrugged as he pulled his staff sword and set it to glowing.
“Eh. Nifty.”
The were tiger was smiling widely as she walked over to the wooden drawbridge.
“I need 30 seconds for my shift.”
Tyler and the party readied weapons as he took in a breath.
“Ice dragon.”
He froze the gate solid as Whisper underwent her shift from human beauty to 4 foot tall Weretiger. Lupa the Wolf spirit took her larger wolf form as Sasha bared her own fangs. Whisper’s tiger form was four feet tall, 9 long with a 5 foot tail. Her eyes were a blazing green white fur as white as pure snow. Tyler smiled as he readied his next breath attack.
“Fire dragon king roar!”
Ashy and Kaori smirked as he breathed the red flames of Ignatia. The dragon flame shattering the frozen wood of the front gate like glass, revealing the stunned faces of several hundred kobolds with a taller creature looking at them. Tyler smiled as they walked into the palisade.
“Let’s build a better rat trap!”
Tyler dove into the fray twirling the staff sword in a blur of blue, scything down the first fifteen creatures before they had processed the fact they were under attack. Lucy and Thistle were right there flanking him as their longer weapons created a small pocket for the rest of the party to enter the melee. Malico was back to back with Serafina as the dagger wielding ladies tore through the small creatures in a dance of death as Kaori danced by. The blonde beauty wielding her red glowing ruby katana with speed and precision as the samurai lady carved through the hides of the rats, while Lillia and Ashy were working in tandem. The dirty blonde was using Lillia’s adamant shield to hide before pivoting around to deal death blows as the princess deflected shots and hit with her own. She was smiling when a bolt of bluish red fire tore through two of the creatures in front of her,
“Lyrica! Heey! Those were mine!”
The sexy succubus was smiling widely as she sent another spell into a pack of spellcasting rats as Vixen drenched a small rat pack in acid.
“Hurry up, Little Lillia!”
The princess growled as she faced her next set.
“Lousy bed breaking sex fiend.”
That got a laugh from the red haired devilgirl as Erica came by shooting a gout of fire from her hand as she decapitated a set of creatures at the same time.
“Wow, Lillia. I see you’re learning the art of insults too.”
The daughter to the queen blushed as her mother went by on her rampage.
“Sis is still a goodie two shoes, right Lily?”
“Meh. I guess Sera.”
Lily and Sera were showing off their in sync teamwork as the two girls laid waste to everything in their path. Sera was using her sword as Lily blocked attacked with her Additite shield. Sera would capitalize on the deflection with her own shit before the duo reset for the next attack. Sasha and Tiger-whisper were working well together, as the powerful tiger claws tore through the kobold bodies as Sasha’s fangs ripped throats out. Lupa was also going wild, as the five foot tall wolf was like a rat terrier as she killed the creatures in troves with her extreme speed, strength, and agility. Tyler was now fighting the tall creature that was clearly leading the massive rat pack, and he was outright confused as to just WHAT it was. The thing was 8 feet tall, with stone grey fur, a flat face with five sets of eyes, a sideways mouth, no nose, a set of bat-like wings far two small to fly with that seemed more vestigial, and a long crab-claw at the end of a tail. The thing’s limbs were gangly and hung to it’s knees as it gave a bizarre backwards screech that made Tyler just that much more confused.
“Just what are the fuck are you?”
The thing jumped at him like an attacking kangaroo, using it’s tail as a base for a kick. Tyler sliced the thing into pieces as the last kobold died. Tyler was scratching his head as the thing bleed white blood as Wulf came over. The ranger having been shooting arrows from the door as to prevent any escaping. He looked at the creature as Tyler looked at him.
“The hell is this thing, Wulf?”
The ranger tilted his head.
“Honestly? I have no idea either.”
Tyler looked at Lyrica and Vixen now.
“Do YOU two know what this thing is?”
The two beauties came over to look at the fallen creature. Lyrica frowned once she did.
“What the? I’ve not the slightest idea either.”
Vixen was right there with her.
“Me neither.”
Tyler looked at the only one in his party that MIGHT know.
“Hey, Lupa, do YOU know?”
The blood spattered wolf spirit came trotting over to get a look at the thing. She sat on her haunches and tilted her head.
“How odd. It seems we’ve discovered a Peck.”
“A PECK?”
Wulf and the two mages echoed the term curiously as Lupa explained.
“Pecks are also known as Deep Gnomes. They live in the underdark. In fact they are native creatures to it. To see one on the surface at all is next to unheard of.”
Wulf blinked.
“So THIS is a Deep Gnome. I see now. I’ve never seen a drawing of such a creature, merely read of their existence in the Ranger Archives in Cragspire.”
Tyler frowned now.
“Waiiit. They are NATIVES to the Underdark?”
The wolf nodded.
“Indeed, Tyler. Does that mean something to you?”
HE sighed.
“We have a few things to bring you up to speed on Lupa. For now though I need to check something.”
She nodded as A still tiger clad Whisper came over to nuzzle Tyler affectionately. He chuckled as he patted the big cat.
“Nice job Whisper. I love the tiger on you.”
She rumbled as he pulled out his map and was looking at the area the palisade rested on.
“Hmmm, thought so. Heads up! We got another one!”
The party hurried the looting up as Tyler looked at the dead Peck.
“Are these things worth ANYTHING?”
Lupa answered.
“Not really. More fodder as you put it.”
He shrugged.
“Worth a shot.”
Erica came up next.
“Place is clean. They had a decent trove.”
“How much?”
The black haired queen smiled.
“250 gold, 2,243 silver, 8,657 copper coins, a few gems, and oddly enough a map. Here.”
He took the scroll and blinked.
“What the hell? This marks spots….oh I love Minus and Vulpix.”
He added it to the map and smiled widely as he saw the spots marked.
“We need to get this to Tempesta. We got a hole map. With MARKED DENS FOR DRAGONS!”
The party gasped as he ran from the wooden structure to look at the sky.
“We got paydirt Tempesta. You are NOT going to believe this.”
The sky lord landed not 30 seconds later and looked at Tyler.
“What did you find?”
“Drag the thing out!”
Lucy threw the dead Peck out and Tempesta blinked.
“I have not seen one of those on the surface in over 350,000 years. Most incredible.”
“Get this: we got a map marked with dens.”
The dragon looked at the map and gasped in shock.
“By the scale.”
Then he rumbled in eager anticipation.
“Tyler you lucky bastard. These dens are for Fallen Dragons!”
Tyler grinned as well.
“I know. Best part? Ha. We’re sitting on one.”
The dragon growled in joy as Tyler looked at the palisade.
“They built it to HIDE the hole. That wood is new as well. If they did that for the reason I THINK they did, then, well, YOU AIN’T GETTING AWAY A SECOND TIME!”
Tempesta snarled at that.
“No he is NOT!”
Ignatia, Leviathan, and Furiosa landed as well now and masked their presences as Tyler grinned.
“Let’s knock.”
He found the center of the new hole and had Kaori cast lava field as he dropped waterfall on it. The section caved in, this time a decent 250m of ground dropped away as Tyler was getting angry.
“I am SOOOOO looking forward to meeting my new fan.”
Once the dirt finished falling he walked to stand in the hole.
“HEY! SHITSCALE! TEN GOLD SAYS I CAN KICK YOUR SCALY ASS BACK TO HELL!”
“TRY IT PUNY HUMAN!”
The enraged dragon came rocketing out as Tyler grinned hard.
“Ice wall.”
The spell slammed into the 175 foot long dragon like a cement truck doing a hundred down a hill as Tyler’s sadistic grin grew wider.
“Ocean’s Fury”
The dragon was caught half in half out of the cave with Tyler’s ice pinning it’s wings and legs, rendering it immobile as the water surrounded it’s head. The thing rumbled,
“You think you can drown a WATER dragon?”
“Ice dragon.”
Tyler froze the waters solid, stunning the beast for a split second at the unorthodox attack.
“Ocean dragon roar.”
Tyler superheated the ice, causing it to explode with extreme force as he looked at the dragon’s eye.
“Pff, you’re an idiot. Divine retribution.”
He drank a mana potion as the beast sent it’s breath at him, which was a deep, roiling blue similar to Tempesta’s flame, but it just got absorbed by his white spell. Tyler grinned as he felt the ice starting to give from the struggles of the dragon. He lifted Gliepnir as the thing broke free and jerked forward, only to have Tyler launch from the ground at the exact same time to stab the dragon in the scales directly over the heart and pierce the heart. He jumped back laughing as the beast fell dying.
“I can kill a dragon of YOUR class with ease, worthless worms ya are. Don’t worry though. Your head with look mighty fine on my wall!”
The dragon died as he got nudged by Tempesta. Tyler looked at him curiously.
“What’s up?”
The dragon nodded at the now dead fallen dragon.
“Just thought you oughta know. THAT was my Fallen Brother.”
Tyler blinked in shock.
“Are you saying he was YOUR level of power?”
The other dragons laughed as Tempesta chuckled.
“Not even a little. More saying watch the taunts when it comes to our colors.”
“Ah. Fair enough. We’ll butcher it after. Fair?”
They nodded, as Ignatia spoke up.
“We shall guard your kill Heart.”
Tyler smirked nastily.
“I still have ONE wrath left. Let’s hunt.”
He pulled his staff sword out and dove into the cave as his party were right behind him as he headed for the hollow feeling thirty feet inside the tunnel. This pile being ten feet tall but the hunters ignored it as they prospected the walls.
“Got one!”
Tyler was beside Lily in an instant.
“Everyone out. I’ll handled this myself.”
They nodded and retreated outside as he placed a hand on the wall.
“Ice dragon.”
The wall froze to the consistency of glass and he kicked it in, revealing another lab inside. Tyler moved like lightning as a man tried to dart away from a stool.
“Not this time asshole!”
Tyler had the screaming man by the ankle as he threw him into the light. Tyler was there to plant a foot on his chest as he got a look at his face…
“Troy? The hell?”
The boy froze as the name was said.
“Silence mere Mortal! I am Voldermort!”
Tyler just looked at him in shock.
“Dude. The fuck you doing in there?”
The boy was a few years older then Tyler himself, with short black hair a thin body and wearing a black cloak. His face was plain with bright brown eyes as he looked up at the fearsome man with a foot on his chest.
“I am the Lord of Death itself! I seek to restore the black one and the raiser so they may serve the supreme being!””
“Dude. You’re no Ainz Oal Gown. Look at me.”
The man jumped at the anime lich king as he looked at his face.
“Tyler?”
“What up Troy? I see YOU’RE still a dumbass. Pissing off the dragons? Really?”
The boy gulped as Tyler lifted him to his feet laughing.
“To think the one that’s been giving me this much of a headache was Troy Lunderman! Ha! Come on dipshit. Let’s go say hi to a few friends of mine.”
The boy gulped as Tyler all but dragged him from the chamber as Kaori and Ashy were laughing.
“TROY was the raiser we’ve been hunting this whole time?”
“What the hell?”
The rest of the party were utterly confused so the blonde spoke up.
“Troy was a friend of Tyler’s back in our world. Guy’s a few years older then us, but was a HUGE fanboy of Tyler’s after he won that staff sword competition. Tyler was kinda a weird big brother figure to him as, well, Troy’s just that kinda follower.”
The group walked out of the cave as Tyler pushed Troy forward into the sight of the dragons.
“Sky lords and Ocean queen, I give you the Raiser wanna be, Troy Lunderman.”
The boy was gaping in terrified awe at the sight of the dragons as Tempesta looked at Tyler.
“Why is he still living?”
Tyler snorted.
“two reasons: one. I killed the dragon, seemed fair you get some blood too.”
That got a snort of amusement.
“The other?”
“rub it in. Yo, Troy, check it.”
The curious boy was shown the Outcast’s HUD and he just gaped.
“YOU’RE the outcast? All this time, I’ve been fighting YOU?”
Tyler chuckled as he patted the now shitting himself boy.
“Ya fucked up big time Troy.”
The boy gulped.
“Yer tellin me! I just thought it was some OTHER kid named Tyler! Like, for real dude. I know better then to draw YOUR eyes!”
“See, thing about Troy? Guy’s terrified of me. For good reason and all but ya know. Anyway. I trust you understand the penalty for this fuck up. Hol up, let me check a sec.”
Tyler grabbed the boy’s head and looked into his eyes.
“Hmmm, yup. You’re our guy alright. Jackass.”
Tyler shoved him at Tempesta.
“All your big blue. Yo, Troy, ya shoulda LOOKED before ya ATTACKED! Oh, and the Lich Kings were fun too.”
The boy smiled widely at that.
“Sorry Boss. I’m glad I was able to at least entertain you a bit. Hey, it’s better to be feared then loved.”
“If one cannot be both. Nice to see ya remember.”
The boy was set on fire by all four dragon lords and incinerated. The whole time he didn’t make a sound as he was reduced to ash as Tyler shook his head at him.
“Poor jackass. Oddly enough, it kinda don’t surprise me he’d pull that kinda stunt when given magic to play with.”
The dragons looked at him anew now as Tempesta asked the question.
“You were friends with him?”
Tyler shrugged.
“More….unhappy guardian. Knew his family too. Dude saw me at some competition in our old world where I set a world record and I somehow became his hero or some bullshit. Was freakin weird with it too. Like being my outright servant kinda weird. His dad and older brother disappeared one year a few years back and he lived with mother……huh.”
Tyler rubbed his chin as he looked at the pile of ash.
“I wonder.”
He looked at the dragon.
“That first Raiser. His name wasn’t Mark Lunderman. Was it?”
The dragons blinked in shock as Tempesta fixed him with an intense gaze.
“Indeed. How well did you now this family?”
Tyler chuckled.
“Well enough I guess. Him and his brother were in our school. His brother, Eric Lunderman, was OBSESSED with Nordic history. Plus was a huge RPG/ dark fantasy buff. They were a weird family too. The father was a closet gay, the brother a closet sadist, Troy there was a loud and proud furry, and the mother was a hardcore Dominatrix that preferred the horse prod. Weird bunch, but fun as hell to hang with on the weekends. The mother’s name was….”
“Mavis Sinliman.”
“Thanks Kaori. Yeah. Mavis Sinliman. She was a decent person and all. Just an odd taste in fun.”
Tempesta growled.
“Let me get this straight. You were friends with ALL THREE of them?”
“In our OLD world yes I was.”
Tempesta was shaking as Leviathan spoke up.
“Brother. Think.”
That made the blue dragon simmer down as he considered the words.
“I see. You have not had ANY contact with this one prior to this meeting, have you?”
Tyler looked the dragon in the eye.
“I swear by the spirits and my love for Kaori I have not.”
The dragon let out a breath that was more gust of wind as he relaxed.
“I see. Old world, old ties.”
“Agreed. New world, new badassery.”
The blue dragon nudged him with his snout in apology.
“I owe you an apology, Tyler. I seem to have forgotten just WHO I was dealing with.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Nah. More surprised it WAS Troy. If he had been paying attention, and realized it was ME he’d pissed off, he’d have came running to both confess, grovel, and hang himself. Well, least that’s ONE issue solved. We’ll go look over the stuff in the lab and get paid.”
The dragons laughed as the party got to butchering the dead dragon as Tempesta sighed.
“The raiser is dead. We have the locations of more fallen dragons, and the wave is in fifteen days. We have nothing left to offer you, Tyler for your once again aiding my kind.”
Tyler smiled widely.
“Like I keep saying. I look after my own. We’re set now. Plus I think I need to have a word with Death itself since we’ve fulfilled our agreement.”
“Tyler, the scroll’s feeling really weird right now.”
“That’s the bell.”
He took the thing from a creeped out Malico and unrolled it. The words were written instead of spoken.
“You have fulfilled your goal. The challenge to Death as ended.”
“I wouldn’t let my guard down just yet, Death. Times like this is when the NEXT idiot shows up.”
The scroll laughed.
“Indeed Mortal. You have followed the agreement to the letter. So. A boon is to be bestowed upon you from Death itself.”
“Umm, this a closed doors gimmick?”
“Indeed. Use the scroll to contact your wives when it is safe to do so.”
“Will do Death.”
“We shall speak soon, Mortal.”
The thing went blank as Minus was heard then.
“Hello love.”
“Love here.”
Vulpix’s cutely happy voice was also heard.
“Hi loves. So, we got em.”
The scroll smiled.
“Well done love. The deities of order are rejoicing at the news.”
“Good Love!”
“Love you two.”
“So, after the wave love, what’s next?”
Tyler looked at the dragon.
“I got a fix on an underground Demon chamber in a mining town. We’ll kill it after the wave.”
Tempesta nodded.
“Agreed. Know you what kind of demon?”
“Vixen said a Demonlord.”
The scroll gasped.
“Love, you can’t mean to challenge it, do you?”
He looked at it confused.
“Of course I do, Minus. I’ve killed two dragons thus far. Plus Lich kings for fun. Yer not seriously saying it’s stronger then they are, are you?”
The scroll burst out laughing.
“I LOVE you! They are stronger then a lich king but no mental attack. So, you’ll have fun!”
“Have fun!”
“Wanna have fun with YOU TWO.”
The scroll shivered.
“we do too, love. But, we don’t have the time for a proper romp right now.”
“Tomorrow then.”
“Agreed!”
“Eager now.”
Tyler hugged the thing, getting warm sighs.
“We’ll play tomorrow then. I can’t wait to see you again, Vulpix, Minus.”
They sighed.
“Love you.”
“I love you.”
“I love you too.”
He gave the scroll to Malico, who hugged it to her melons as he looked at the dragons.
“Well, we MIGHT need a bigger pouch now.”
That got a snort.
“I can make you a coin crystal that holds ten million coins if you need.”
“We’ll check. How’s that dragon looking?”
Kaori smiled from her spot.
“We’re done.”
He severed the head and added it to the trophy pouch as Tempesta took the meat. The party returned to the lab and got to searching. Vixen shaking her head as she looked around.
“He must have JUST got here.”
The room was still covered in deep dust with foot prints moving through the place as whoever it was sought to set it back up. The circle was destroyed and the notebooks gone over. And Tyler chuckled.
“Dammit Troy. Stuck your hand in the fire again.”
The lab cleaned, they turned to the ten foot pile of coins.
“Hmmm, I’ll go have Tempesta join in in case of gold stuff.”
“A wise call.”
HE went out to see the blue dragon resting by the opening.
“Find something already?”
“More wondering if you’d like to tag along in case of gold anything.”
The dragon laughed.
“Good call.”
He blinked and Tyler sighed as he had the dragon looking through his eyes.
“I don’t know what’s the scarier: fact I ASKED you to do this, or the fact I’m used to it.”
That made him snort as the Outcast dropped back into the cave to rejoin the party. They had laid out the weapons and were waiting for him to begin going over the finds.
“No furniture this time?”
They laughed as Lily spoke up.
“Not this time. Walls are loaded with ore though.”
“We’ll loot the place the right way, lily. Never you worry.”
The fierce elven girl smiled.
“Love you too.”
Lupa was in her wolf form resting by Tyler as he looked at the pile.
“Hmmm, nothing’s jumping at me right now.”
Sera was looking as well and spotted a small hatchet made from a gold metal.
“Is this a golden Hatchet?”
Tyler looked at it with Tempesta’s eyes and the dragon chuckled.
“That’s a gold axe alright. It’s enchanted to cut through anything. Period. It can cut through thirty feet of solid stone with all the resistance you’re get from cutting water.”
Tyler looked at it,
“I’ll bring it up.”
“Of course. Far as the gold gear goes, that one’s the more harmless of the bunch.”
Tyler brought it up before heading back to see Erica picking up a small blue shield. Tyler looked at her as she put it on her arm and it glowed.
“You shield, Erica?”
She shrugged.
“Not well. But I can.”
Tyler smiled widely.
“You and Lillia work together with it then. I can teach the two of you a few tricks as well.”
They smiled as lily lifted another shield from the pile.
“Hey, Tyler? I think I found a Mythril Shield.”
He walked over and looked at the pearl colored thing.
“Wow, Lily. Good eyes. I’ll take that one.”
He hefted it and smiled as he felt a small button in the hand grip. He hit it and the thing merged with his sapphire glove before becoming the size of a mere coin. He smiled widely as he took the stance and it popped back out again. The thing was 5 feet across, was a circle shield with a blank boss, and a nasty edge around the rim. He pulled Oblivion and took up a few stances with the thing.
“Yup. I missed this one. We’ll train more now Lily.”
She smiled happily as she hugged him.
“I can’t wait.”
He rubbed her head as Lyrica picked up a red wand.
“Whatchya find there?”
She smiled widely.
“I found a Wand of Fireball. I’ll take it as it doesn’t cost mana to cast it.”
“Love you too.”
Mina was looking at the armaments as she spotted an emerald dagger with three more beside them.
“I’ll take those.”
“Love you too Malico.”
She purred as Sera lifted a silver tiara from the pile with a glittering blue sapphire in the center. She looked at Tyler with stars in her eyes.
“I found a new crown!”
Tyler smiled.
“Here, let me see, Sera.”
She came over and took the thing. He smiled as he knelt to place it on her head.
“All hail the cuteness queen!”
The entire party, including the spirits who winked into view for the mock ceremony, replied en mass.
“Long live the cute Queen!”
Sera was blushing as she shuffled her feet at the act, before hugging her brother tightly.
“I love you too, Tyler.”
He hugged his little sister tightly.
“Love you too, sis.”
Erica was looking on with such pride as her daughter got her own silver crown.
“I am so happy I never laid my sword down.”
Kaori smiled as she looked at a vest of ruby.
“Tyler and I will. Just long enough for Sylvia and Sallie to get big enough to hold a short sword. Tyler will most likely pick his right back up after I get pregnant. Me? Right after they’re born.”
Erica hugged the younger girl tightly.
“We’ll be right there with you.”
Tyler patted Sera’s hair as she went back to looking. The weaponry was gone over until everyone had something they liked or could use. Rest were split between Lily’s repurposing and the market. Tyler looked at the mound anew.
“Gems next.”
The pile was dropped by four feet as the precious stones were laid out. Tyler looked around and spotted another Bloodstone a solid two feet across. He smiled as he picked it up and walked over to where Lyrica was looking at a pretty Lapis.
“Hey, Lyrica.”
She looked at her name, and smiled widely as he gave her the stone.
“You really want to keep me around.”
He kissed her lovingly.
“Of course I do.”
She sighed happily as Ashy tilted her head.
“Hey, Kaori.”
The blonde came over to see the dirty blonde.
“What’s up?”
She nodded over to where Tyler was now making out with a very happy Lyrica.
“Doesn’t Lyrica remind you of someone?”
Kaori looked at the blood haired succubus, then smiled widely.
“Rias Gremory.”
Ashy smiled as well.
“HE found his dream anime waifu. Yeah. He ain’t letting HER go anywhere.”
Kaori just sighed as she shook her head.
“Why the hell did it take till just NOW to click?”
The girls sighed as Tyler let a now purring Lyrica go.
“I got YOU tonight, Lyrica.”
She smiled widely.
“I can’t wait.”
The man left her to her own look over as he walked along the line looking at anything that jumped out at him. Then he spotted a large crystal sitting by a large jet. He picked it up and tilted his head. The thing was a deep blue with a white tip in the shape of a pyramid 5 inches across. He looked at Wulf for answers.
“Hey, Wulf, what’s this?”
The ranger looked over and chuckled.
“You found a Path Crystal. A Blue/White to be exact.”
He looked at it anew as Lyrica came over to better explain,
“They boost the path extremely when made into an item. Basically, think a gem with BOTH paths incorporated into it.”
He smiled.
“Nifty. What can Burlock make with this much?”
Lily came over now and looked at it.
“I’d say maybe a 8 foot greatsword. Or even a full suit of plate mail.”
Tyler looked at it as he considered his equipment.
“Hmmm, hey, Tempesta. Question.”
The dragon was still borrowing his eyes in case of nasty find, and he chuckled.
“Oh shit here we go.”
“Is it possible to add an infusion to mythril items AFTER the fact?”
The dragon laughed.
“You’d need a high dragon of my power to do it. But yes. What did you have in mind?”
“Upgrade the mail, and add an extra punch to Oblivion and Oathkeeper.”
The dragon laughed.
“This is the least I can do. With that much stone, I can add it to ALL the your mythril items.”
“That much? Thanks Tempesta!”
He put the stone away as he spotted a fist sized gem he recognized as a cats-eye. The greenish yellow stone made him smile as he picked it up.
“Hey, Malico.”
The catgirl came over curious with her long tail waving behind her.
“Find something?”
HE smiled as he showed her the stone.
“Found a Cats-eye. Like it?”
She gasped as she saw the stone.
“A Cats-eye? In NekoPlesian culture, the stone is seen as a physical vow. Like when I gave my tail to you. If YOU had given me THAT, we’d have been married on the spot! No questions asked!”
Tyler took the shaking girl’s hand and placed the stone in it.
“Your tail is My tail, Malico.”
She just hugged him as she nearly burst into tears from the joy in her heart.
“I love you too, Tyler.”
He stroked her warm fur as the other ladies just clapped. Erica nudged kaori.
“The hell is he going to do for YOU?”
The blonde smiled as she pictured it.
“Knowing him, Erica? Something outright insane, or heart meltingly romantic.”
The gems were gone over until they were gone. Divvyed up between members, mansion and dragon bribes. Tyler smiled.
“Let’s get the ore next.”
That went quicker as it was either Lily or sell. Though, Tyler DID claim a few veins of Blood Platinum for Minus and Vulpix. Making the ladies laugh. Last was the coin. Tempesta lent his dragon treasure knowledge to count it for them.
“By my count, there are 1,232,543 gold, 5,879,326 silver, 10,435,543 copper coins.”
“I’ll be right back. We need a bigger pouch.”
They laughed as he returned to Tempesta to get the new pouch, and his gear revamped with the twin paths. Once set they loaded up as Lucy and Thistle helped Lily mine the ore from the walls. The party’s total coin? 2,377,387 gold, 5,880, 477 silver, and a whopping 10,437,916 copper coins.
Erica gulped as she saw the extreme numbers.
“I’ll have the guard turn out for the conversion.”
Tyler sighed.
“We NEED to unload this coin, Erica. BADLY. If those idiots get a hold of this kinda wealth, you’re ALL fucked.”
The Queen nodded.
“They could pay armies outright. Right now we have roughly a 6th of Term’s yearly profit in those things. Where will you store the wealth?”
“The mansion in Raylik. That drawer I’ll reinforce with more defense enchantments as a precaution. When we roam, we do so with 30,000 gold and that’s it.”
She smiled.
“Plenty for a trip to yonder.”
The coin was collected, the walls mined, and the room swept with a broom before they left to continue the raiding. Tyler pulled out his coin once he was in front of Tempesta.
“Ishtar.”
The king appeared.
“What is the passcode?”
The king sighed.
“Oh shit here we go. It is better to be feared then loved, if one cannot be both.”
“We found the raiser Ishtar.”
The king blinked.
“Already? Okay. We’ll discuss this in person, Tyler. YOUR network or not somethings are just better that way.”
“Agreed. Next, we need the guard out in force now when we are in the city. We found a dragon trove, and we got the WHOLE THING. I’ll explain the details in person, but we’re carrying just too much right now.”
“Understood and agreed. How long until you are back in the city?”
Tyler did a bill check.
“We have a Hob king, a Grand Wyrm, another Tyrant, Hogrilla, and that’s it for bills. Soo, maybe two hours tops.”
Ishtar smiled.
“Understood. I’ll get the bank under oath.”
“Tell em they say anything, they’ll piss off Minus.”
Malico squirmed.
“The scroll’s laughing.”
“Love you too, Minus.”
Ishtar was laughing.
“I shall. Okay, we got work to do.”
Tyler let the coin to dark as he looked at Tempesta.
“Well. Till the next crisis.”
The dragon laughed as he flew off. Tyler looked at his party.
“We’ll hit the Tyrant.”
They laughed as Whisper spoke up.
“I can’t shift again this day. So you know.”
“Thanks Whisper. How are you feeling?”
She smiled.
“Tired. But nothing too unusual. I drank a high vitality potion, so I’m okay.”
“You go right to resting once we’re done with Ishtar.”
“Thanks.”
The party mounted up and rode to the Tyrant’s home. The thing was killed with a well-aimed arrow from Sera’s bow as she rode by the bellowing beast. She looked right at Wulf.
“Ha.”
The elven ranger just smiled, knowing what having the best shot meant to her and happy to help her improve.
“Just you wait Little Sera. Never bet against en elf.”
Tyler and Lily looked at each other.
“Normally I’d agree with him, lily.”
“If I said that, you’d be right to.”
“But when WULF says it,”
“Just sounds kinda sad.”
Wulf sighed.
“There’s the indignation.”
Ashy kissed him as Tyler hugged Lily on his horse. The next hit was the Hob king. This having around 175 creatures. Tyler smiled.
“Me and Kaori will hit it.”
That got a laugh as he and the blonde went to go rampaging together. They holding hands the walk over.
“Been too long since we did ANYTHING alone.”
He kissed her warmly as they neared the camp.
“We’ll have time to do stuff in Raylik, Kaori.”
She smiled as she pulled Dawn. Her first Katana.
“I’d like to relax in the tower with some food and our anime.”
He smiled as he pulled Oblivion. His first sword.
“We’ll do that. I love you, Kaori.”
She smiled with pride as she looked at him.
“I love you too, Tyler.”
The duo dove into the camp of creatures wielding their first weapons. Tyler wielding Oblivion slashing creatures into ribbons as Kaori cut them to pieces beside him. The fight lasted fifteen minutes before the lovers cut the king to pieces together. They were still smiling as the party came over to aid the looting. They walked away 15 gold, 532 silver, 645 copper coins richer. Tyler looked at the leftover bills.
“Okay, next is the Hogrilla. Then the grand Wyrm. Nifty.”
Ashy killed the Hogrilla on a solo hunting trip as Tyler wanted to test her skills. She was smiling widely as she helped butcher the thing.
“Nice to see I still got it.”
The last hit was the Grand Wyrm. The thing was 45 feet long, 15 feet tall, with a 100 foot wingspan. It was like a mini dragon that was jet black from tip to tail. Tyler smiled as he killed it with his spear to the heart. They butchered the thing and set for Term. Tyler had lily riding on his horse as Lupa ran beside Thunder in her larger wolf form.
“When we see the gates, Lupa, go ghost.”
She nodded as he hugged Lily.
“Feeling brotherly?”
He chuckled.
“More just wanted to hug you.”
She smiled.
“See, kaori, I’m winning.”
The blonde smiled.
“Enjoy the time, Lily. We all know who HE’D come running to FIRST.”
Tyler and Lily looked at the now smug blonde.
“Wow.”
“Never thought I’d see the day Kaori would play the smug barbie.”
Lily smiled.
“Hey, Tyler? After Malico, can we cuddle?”
He smiled.
“Sure, lily. We were gonna in Yalik, but ya know. The mess.”
She smiled as Sera spoke up.
“IS it alright if I join in? For cuddles I mean?”
Tyler smiled even wider.
“We’ll invite Sallie and Sylvia. Make it a cuddle pile. Sasha too.”
That got a warm bark as Kaori frowned.
“I wanna join! That sounds comfy!”
Tyler chuckled again as he patted lily’s black hair.
“Sorry, Kaori, this is only for the girls that DON’T let things go to their heads.”
She sighed, then smiled.
“Okay fair enough. Sorry. NOW can I join?”
Lily and Sera sighed.
“FINE.”
“What she said.”
Lupa looked at Tyler.
“You too, Lupa.”
“Thank you, Tyler. I just want to be close to Sera.”
That got a smile and squeal from the girl. The wolf spirit got smaller and hopped up on to Sera’s horse as they rode into the capital. They stabled their mounts and took yet another shot at a still caged Kazuma laughing as they went inside the palace. Axe was chatting with a revitalized Thorn by a window as they went in. The street kid just waved his hand as Tyler got a hug from Thorn as they passed. They went into Ishtar’s office to find the king waiting inside. Erica sat beside him as Tyler placed the coin on the desk.
“Willow.”
Lily came over as the elf queen appeared.
“Well now. What’s be the new crisis?”
Tyler smiled widely.
“The raiser is dead.”
The king and elf queen breathed a huge sigh of relief. Tyler chuckled.
“Get this. The dude in question? My freakin neighbor!”
Ishtar and Willow jumped in shock at this. Tyler was smiling as Ishtar confronted him.
“You KNEW him?”
“Yeah. Weird right? I knew the whole family. The raiser from back then, Mark, the black one what enslaved the dragons, fucks his name…..Eric! Yeah. Eric. I was a family friend back in our old world.”
The king just started laughing as Willow sighed.
“Why does that NOT really surprise me?”
“That be a most scary kind of coincidence.”
Tyler chuckled again before getting serious.
“We solved one problem, Ishtar, Willow. But do NOT let your guards down. Times like these are PERFECT for the next idiot or idiots to appear. My two copper? I’m wagering Kazuma.”
Kaori and Ashy looked at each other as the king sighed.
“I see it too.”
“That trope is a kinda big one.”
The king looked at Tyler.
“Explain this ‘trope’.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Kazuma HATES me now. Plus I can’t kill him. So, he’ll do whatever he can to just make my life the more miserable. He’s my exact opposite. In more ways then one, and since I more or less pushed him into this spot, I created my own enemy.”
The wise king nodded, and so did Willow.
“I see it now too.”
“Indeed. Well, since we’re aware of this we can keep the damage to a minimum.”
“Worst case I just outright kill him. Waves or no waves I will NOT let ANYONE endanger the ones I love.”
Again, nods.
“We understand.”
“And wholeheartedly agree. Ya got anymore designs?”
Tyler thought for a moment, then smiled.
“I got a couple. Plus a forging technique.”
Lily looked at her mother and passed her HUD over.
“HE set me up right, Momma.”
She looked at her skills and went wide eyed.
“Where did he find so many?”
Tyler smiled as he laid out some paper.
“I know a guy.”
They laughed as Lily pulled up a stool to look at the paper.
“We’ll start with the new trick. Now, I forget the actual name of the technique, or if you already have it in world, but here goes. You take the metal and heat it to the point it’s foldable and fold it like so.”
He drew a simple diagram of a V with the instructions.
“Once the bottom is welded, you fold the metal over itself and hammer it flat. Done right, it reinforces the overall strength of the temper and adds a wavy pattern to the blade.”
Willow and Lily looked at each other.
“We need to teach him to hit Iron, momma.”
“I’ll let you teach him, Lily. That’s a new one. Even for me.”
Tyler smiled.
“I got another. This exclusive to single edged swords and double edged swords.”
He drew a falchion and made the spine a deeper color. Once satisfied, he tapped the darker color.
“The Thrikisndale. Make the spine harder then you would normally dare with any other metal in the blade. Then, make the blade itself softer. Done right, it allows the blade to bend slightly in battle while preserving the strength of the temper and reducing the overall wear on the blade.”
Willow nodded now.
“I see, lad. That be an ancient process few can master. I myself cannot and the actual steps to do so were lost. Now we have them again.”
Tyler smiled as he looked at Lily’s Additite shield.
“Can I see your shield for a sec, Lily?”
She passed it to him and he pulled a diamond from a pouch. Korai and Ashy smiled as they picked up on where he was going with it. The blonde looked at a confused Willow.
“He’s looking to see if the metal is something we had in our world.”
Tyler dragged the diamond over the shield and smiled.
“Scratched it. I kinda figured it would.”
He put the diamond away as Kaori explained again.
“Diamonds are the hardest substance in our world. A common use is in saws as they can cut through just about anything. That shield was scratched, which means the metal itself is not as hard as the diamond. Unbreakable it may be.”
Tyler looked at the color of the shield now.
“It’s a deep silver, and is lighter then a shield of the same size and shape. I wonder.”
Tyler reached into his pocket and pulled his old switchblade, Spike, from a pouch. Kaori smiled as she saw the thing.
“I haven’t seen him in months.”
He flipped it open and held the bolts up to the shield.
“Bingo. This shield’s made from high grade titanium. It must have special properties in this world.”
Kaori thought for a moment.
“That’s an alloy of aluminum and steel, right?”
HE nodded and smiled.
“Yeah. Plus, remember that one show I had?”
He looked at Lily.
“We can rework Additite now with a new smelting trick I can teach you. But, first we need to just make sure it’s allowed.”
Malico pulled out the scroll and laid it out as Minus was heard.
“Need me love?”
“Just a question.”
“Love you too. The things you are looking to teach them are safe.”
“Love you Minus, Vulpix. Feel free to borrow the cat.”
Malico vanished with a squeak of shock, only for the scroll to start moaning and purring as the busty catgirl was under attack by Vulpix and Minus. Tyler drew a pot with a large fire under it.
“To work titanium the trick is to heat it to extreme temperatures. Reason outright dragon flame won’t cut it is cause the heat is lost too quickly. Regardless of how hot it burns. Plus the special properties of this world. That said, if you COOK it like a bread loaf, it’ll melt the easier.”
He drew up the diagrams for a furnace with precise measurements, heating and cooling methods, and how to make more Additite from pure rock. The king and Willow were watching mesmerized as he drew up a step-by-step process to refine, rework, and produce Additite. Tyler smiled as he looked at the coin.
“Tempesta.”
The dragon appeared, saw the paper and the king and Willow.
“I see he’s in that kind of mood.”
HE used his power to get a better look and gasped.
“A process to create and work Additite? I must have a copy.”
“Sure. We’ll work out a payment once I’ve finished.”
“Agreed.”
Tyler looked at the diagrams over again before nodding.
“A warning, Willow, Ishtar.”
The experienced smith saw it cleanly.
“I see it. If you get the measurements wrong,”
“Boom.”
Lily was looking at it and nodded.
“I see it too, momma. I’d need the help of say you or Burlock to learn it right.”
Tempesta was looking at the procedure and was in agreement.
“Indeed. This is an extremely dangerous procedure. The pot alone is like a liquid fire barrel. Get it wrong and the pressure inside will explode like fire powder.”
Tyler crossed his arms.
“Wanna have this one be passed to the ones that do the experiments?”
Ishtar rubbed his beard.
“That might be a wise decision. Have it tested to see if it even WORKS.’
“They can use raw rocks for it. I can give you a description of aluminum ore and the steel needed for the smelting.”
He wrote the description of the ore, and the best equivalent steel he knew of on the diagram paper. He looked at Tempesta.
“Let’s wait to see if it WORKS first before discussing payment. Sound fair?”
The dragon nodded.
“Wise decision. If it does, you just restored a lost art to the world.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Best part? This heating process can be used on OTHER metals.”
Willow looked at the papers anew.
“Magicite could be worked by a mere novice in three days!”
Tyler’s good humor died.
“Hol up. That’s a problem then.”
Ishtar and Tempesta were right there with him.
“It is a problem lad.”
“If smithing becomes that easy, and that accessible.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes.
“It’ll destroy the trade entirely as a smith will be worth as much as a runner. I did not think this one through.”
Willow laughed.
“At least you caught it BEFORE it got out. I agree with you lad. This is a most wonderous discovery, make no mistake, but sometimes it is best to just let it lay.”
Tyler looked at Lily’s shield.
“I was mainly looking to get my insignia engraved on her shield for her.”
That got a laugh from all, and him a hug as Kaori had a thought.
“Just use the diamonds. Easy enough.”
He blinked.
“Good call Shadow. I can do that myself with a diamond shard.”
Tempesta laughed.
“A mere diamond can damage Additite?”
Tyler shrugged.
“Not in the way your thinking. A diamond is the hardest substance in our world. So, common practice in testing other materials is a scratch test, as the softer material gets the scratch. The saying is only another diamond can scratch a diamond.”
Lily hugged him again as Willow smiled proudly.
“That boy. Can’t hit iron to save his life, and yet is teaching us all how to hit steel. Me girl is in fine hands.”
Tyler looked at the designs for the smelter.
“Should we just destroy these?”
Ishtar sighed.
“Sadly, I fear we must. If the secret got out, it would cripple the smithing trade as a whole.”
Tempesta made the papers disintegrate.
“A shame that. But, sometimes for the sake of life to live, progress must be halted.”
Tyler pulled out more papers now.
“Well, that’s why we always double check. Okay, next is a few weapon designs. I’ll start with a siege engine I know.”
Ishtar and Willow became very attentive as he drew a long arm on a chassis and wheels. Once he had the measurements set he presented it to the rulers. Willow the first to comment.
“An intriguing engine to be sure. From the drawing alone I can tell it be simple to use.”
Tyler smiled.
“That’s called a trebuchet. Looks really cool when used. Next is a ballista.”
He drew a large crossbow 9 feet long with ten foot arms. Tempesta frowned when he saw it.
“I know that weapon, Tyler. The dragons were nearly hunted to extinction thousands of highscales ago because of them. For the safety of the world, I must ask you destroy it.”
“Understood.”
He set it on fire outright and went to his next design as Ishtar and Willow nodded approvingly.
“Mad genius indeed.”
“But not as insane as we fear.”
Tyler thought for a moment.
“I wonder if invasion tactics are a good idea?”
The still moaning scroll spoke up.
“Safe!”
“Love you three!”
Ishtar looked at Tyler as Willow became attentive.
“I understand your concern on this one. War should not be taken lightly. That said, what is better, knowing the methods and countering them, or not having them and knowing they exist?”
Tyler rubbed his chin.
“I see your point, Ishtar. I’m more worried that if war becomes EASIER it’ll happen the more. Follow or I lose you?”
Willow was nodding sagely.
“Aye lad. A most wise fear to be sure. My council? Leave new ways to war OUT of your designs, lest you be responsible for them getting used against the ones you love.”
Tyler nodded.
“That was my second fear. I was leaning that way, but hearing the words helped me decide. Thanks Willow.”
Ishtar had a strange look of relief on his face now.
“I am oddly relieved to see you DO take council when needed, Tyler. Strange as it may seem.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I have never claimed to be the smartest man in the room. Much as I seem to have a clue, I just follow my gut. Sometimes even I need a little direction. Still a strange thing though.”
Tempesta laughed approvingly.
“And that is true wisdom. You may give good council and advice to others, but those that are truly wise know that sometimes they too must seek out the advice of another.”
Tyler chuckled again.
“So. I got a few outright weapons now. Here.”
He drew a large one handed sword with fifteen fullers in the 12 inch wide base of the blade. The thing extended to a needle point with three more fullers. Lily and Willow smiled widely as they saw it.
“Now THAT’S a challenge.”
“Plus done right is just mean.”
He gave them each a copy before drawing a new sword design. This one 4 feet long with a vicious lift in the tip with a hook-like belly in the blade as it neared the hilt. Lily smiled widely again>
“I want this one.”
Tempesta nodded as well.
“As do I child. It reminds of a dragon’s tooth for some reason.”
Tyler drew a knife this time. The thing was twelve inches long, with a straight spine with a simple tip and blade. Lily frowned as she saw it.
“Wow. That’s an easy one.”
Tyler smiled now.
“It is. That’s called a Kabar. It’s the staple knife of our country’s military. Wulf, what do you see in that knife?”
The ranger came over and smiled.
“I see a carving knife, skinning and flay knife, plus even a drawknife as well. I wish to own one myself now.”
Willow smiled again.
“Another good multipurpose piece of equipment.”
Lily was looking at it differently.
“I can even make it longer and add serrations on the spine to make a saw as well. Scary.”
Willow’s smile turned to a look of thought.
“Aye, Girl. I see it too. My rangers will love that thing.”
Tyler passed the copies top her as he looked at the next sheet.
“Hmmm, I wonder if that’s a good idea?”
He drew a gauntlet with a spring loaded blade under the wrist that would shoot forward with piercing force when the fist is made. Willow frowned as she saw it.
“That’s an assassin’s gauntlet.”
Ishtar was nodding.
“Indeed. I for one do not like the assassin life style. Necessary though it be. I would advise against letting such a weapon loose in our world as we’d never be able to trust another.”
Tempesta rumbled.
“I see your point Human King. I’d say nay as well.”
Willow was in agreement.
“As would I lad. An interesting idea to be sure, but better to let lay.”
He smiled as he destroyed the thing.
“Worth a shot. Here, I got one for the ladies.”
He drew a hand held fan that had razor sharp blades in the ribs that were disguised by the folds and material of said fan. Willow smiled widely as she saw it.
“Indeed, lad. A ladies weapon and no mistake. I’ll have that one handed out to our tavern workers.”
He looked at Vixen now.
“It weird I can kinda see Vixen rocking the fan blade?”
Ashy and Kaori looked at the busty black mage and smiled.
“I can too.”
“We’ll give her one.”
The dark blue eyed lady walked over to get a closer look in a rattle of belts and chains.
“I like it.”
He kissed her warmly.
“We’ll get a pair made for you.”
She smiled as he made three for Lily, Willow and Ishtar. Then he looked at the paper.
“Hmm,”
He drew a bizarre weapon. five feet long with short spikes on a horse shoe shaped head. Ishtar frowned when he saw it.
“That’s a slave catcher’s tool.”
Willow nodded.
“Only far more efficient.”
He destroyed the design.
“I kinda figured, but ya know. Last one I got for now is a sword.”
He drew a one handed sword with a wavy blade that rose up into a vicious point before rejoining the hilt. Lily smiled widely as she saw it.
“I love that one, momma. It’s mean.”
Willow was smiling as she saw it.
“I do too, girl. I’ll take that one too.”
Tempesta chuckled.
“Interesting weapons and a new forging method. Plus we learned a few lessons as well. I’d say time well spent.”
Tyler smiled as he sent Willow her copy.
“I got a few things kicking around in my head here.”
Ishtar and Willow looked at the papers.
“Hmm, Vernillion will pay 150 gold for the lot.”
“As can the Elven Queendom.”
“Deal. So, I just made 300 gold off an arms deal. Nifty.”
He got the money as Tempesta returned to the hunt and Willow her duties. Tyler looked at the scroll and Minus sighed happily.
“It’s here love.”
Malico was heard to purr hard as the two goddesses did something to her as the unsettling feeling filled the room and Death itself stood in the corner. Tyler stood between the scythe carrying deity as it rattled it’s bone rattling laugh.
“Yet again you look Death in the face Mortal. You really are insane.”
Tyler shrugged.
“It’s a hobby. So. This Boon.”
Death sniggered.
“Indeed, Mortal. The ability Death Speech.”
Lyrica gasped as Tyler tilted his head.
“I am not familiar with such an ability.”
The thing laughed again.
“Because it is so rarely granted. It allows the speaking to the dead as a spirit. You make an offering to Death for the ability to speak to a spirit for a short time. To start, 10 minutes, fully upgraded, 3 full hours. During this time, they return from their rest as spirits like those two on your shoulders. Cooldown at first is a once a day deal, upgraded it is 2 hours. To summon the dead, offer something precious like a gem to give the dead a reason to appear, and say their name.”
Tyler was nodding as he listened.
“Downside?”
“If the spirit summoned from Death is not returned to Death per the agreement, that spirit becomes a shade, and you get the Cursed Title Death’s Eye. It means Death is now looking to welcome you into its embrace for your slight.”
Tyler nodded again.
“Fair enough I guess. I have to release the ability myself?”
“You do. As it is YOUR willpower drawing the spirit from Death. Since your numbers are so extreme, you won’t have to try very hard.”
Tyler smiled.
“Don’t really have any dead I really WANT to speak to, Death, but thank you for this boon.”
The Spector held out a bony fist, and Tyler shook the hand of Death itself and he glowed an eerie black glow before Death rattled.
“I have done what I set out to do. May I never find you beneath my blade, Mortal. Too often.”
It was gone and Tyler just laughed.
“That dude reminds me of a trying-way-too-hard-to-be-a goth.”
HE looked at the new ability’s fine print when he got a tap on his shoulder. Curious, he looked over to see Lyrica with an intense look on her pretty face.
“What’s up?”
She smiled.
“You can talk to Gruven now!”
He blinked.
“I guess. But, why would I?”
The succubus stepped back shocked as Kaori spoke up chuckling.
“Tyler wasn’t bothered by the fact he killed his own father Lyrica. It may seem harsh and cold, but Tyler just doesn’t have anything to really say to the man.”
Ishtar smiled now.
“I see your point Lady Kaori. But, perhaps GRUVEN has words for the boy? Least do it the once.”
Tyler shrugged.
“I guess. Says here it’s good for 20 minutes due to my willpower being so extreme. Still don’t really see the point, but whatever.”
Sallie and Sylvia giggled.
“We wanna be our spirit grandpa!”
“What She said!”
“Oh. Okay then.”
HE cast his defense spells and the two girls appeared, nearly giving Ishtar a heart attack, as Erica glared at him.
“Not a word about them Ishtar. Period.”
The king nodded as Tyler looked at the ability again.
“Okay, once summoned the spirit will be able to be seen by all due to my willpower. Nifty.”
Tyler took out a jet and heled it up.
“Death Speech: Gruven.”
The thing shattered and Tyler felt like he was holding a fishing rod in his mind as he cast out his baited hook. He sighed.
“Come on jackass. Got a pair o girls looking to meet your bitchass.”
He felt a bite and he tore the line out of the quagmire of death to see a man on the other end. There was a thud and Tyler realized he’d closed his eyes. He opened them to see a tall man standing in the corner Death had been standing wearing a light tunic and leather pants. Tyler got a good look at the man, and sighed. Gruven had the same short brown hair, brown eyes and bulkier lanky frame as his own.
“Great. I caught the older model.”
The man laughed as he understood.
“Well, laddee! Ya went and made a few friends in some odd places now, didn’t ya?”
Tyler chuckled now himself.
“And in the bed as well old man.”
That got him a congratulatory back slap as he saw the clear results.
“Lyrica eh? Niiiiice. So, the pope is dead, ya got Eri’s daughter by the heart, and ya even got Erica as well. That’s me boy.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Been a helluva ride old man. Get a load a these two.”
Sallie and Sylvia came forward and Gruven dropped to get a look at the cuties.
“Well now. Ain’t you a pair of cuties. Holy Muse eh? Poor kids. Least ya won in the end.”
Sylvia giggled as she hugged the man.”
“We chose them”
Sallie giggled as well.
“Even IF his puns hurt.”
Erica, Lyrica and Ishtar all came over and hugged their old friend as he laughed.
“Ahhh come on now.”
Ishtar just sighed.
“We never shoulda left our blades up Gru.”
That just got em a backslap.
“And if we’d taken them down again Fishy, THEY wouldn’t be where they are right now.”
Tyler looked at the king.
“Fishy?”
Erica laughed.
“Gru bullied Ishtar like you do Wulf.”
“Yeesh. Somehow it fits. Musta sucked to have to handle the ladies FOR him, right gru?”
That got a laugh as Ishtar and Wulf sighed.
“I hate them.”
“So much.”
Gruven sighed sadly now.
“So, how bad was it?”
Tyler lifted his vest and Gruven had a tear fall.
“There are not words to express just now sorry I am, Tyler.”
Tyler shrugged laughing.
“I can protect Kaori with what I learned. She wins.”
That got him a hug as Gruven nodded proudly.
“I can see you have a strength the likes of which I wish I’d had. And I cannot be more proud.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I’ll play this one on Eri once she gets here.”
That got a look of fear on his face now.
“Ahh, might NOT be a good idea to tell her to can talk to me. We didn’t part peacefully.”
Tyler frowned and looked at his eyes now.
“You broke her heart.”
The man sighed as his friends jumped.
“Aye. I did. When I laid my sword down, I refused to give her what she longed for most of all.”
“You refused to give her YOUR child. And then you went and had Vixen by Vulpine.”
Vixen was shaking now as Gruven sighed again.
“I see your perception is also extreme. Yes, Tyler, because of this Eri and I broke up and she went her separate way. All because of my own fears.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes now.
“Jackass. It scares the hell outta me too. Still gonna do it though. Why? Pff, I got Kaori there. Ain’t no way I fuck it up with HER right beside me.”
That got a few cheers from the other ladies in the room as Kaori kissed him. Gruven sighed again.
“You ARE a better man then I.”
Tyler smiled now.
“Bar’s on the floor. And I WILL play this for you two when she gets here, Gruven. Like it or not, that lady is probably tearing herself apart for it as you’re dead. If she’s ANYTHING like Kaori, then she’s blaming herself for not being there to, in her own words, keep yo dumbass outta trouble.”
That got a round fo laughter from the older adventurers as Kaori rubbed her temples.
“I can freakin see that.”
Gruven sighed.
“I understand, Tyler. Well, times almost up, so, anything else?”
Tyler grinned and passed his HUD over.
“Just this: in YO FACE!”
The man burst out laughing as he saw the kills and titles.
“You rat bastard! That’s me boy! Killing the worst and bedding the best! Fair point! Well, I’ll see ya next time.”
“Later ya old fart.”
Tyler let the ability die and Kaori hugged him.
“Will you?”
HE hugged her tightly.
“When the time comes.”
She smiled as she pressed her face into his neck.
“So you know?”
“I pull that one on you you’ll just cut my balls off and be done with it?”
“I’ll just kill you in your sleep.”
“That too. I love you, Kaori.”
She smiled on reflex.
“I love you too, Tyler.”
Vixen sighed now.
“Great. I have Kaori’s mother to watch out for. Just great.”
They all burst out laughing at her tone of exasperation. Tyler looked at Gru’s old party.
“We good?”
Lyrica and Erica looked at each other.
“I am.”
The queen sighed.
“I kinda felt that’s what happened. I’m okay.”
Ishtar just sighed.
“Gru always was afraid of fathering. Eri wanted to give Kaori a sibling in Lectis in the worst kind of way. Now he said it, and looking back, the writing was on the wall.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Least I know better.”
That got a laugh before they switched gears.
“Okay, we’ll go get paid for the bills, huck more fruit at Kazuma, sell our loot, throw an apple, I’ll make Minus and Vulpix an offering, and do a mass conversion again. Yay math. Wulf with me, rest of you go get off your feet. We got one more run to do today.”
They laughed as they nodded. Tyler looked at Ishtar and he nodded.
“I stepped up patrols. Those Warriors are making me nervous.”
Tyler chuckled as he had a though.
“We probably shouldn’t sell any of our dragon loot. Like not even the claws.”
The king nodded.
“A good smith can make some truly amazing things from dragon teeth and claws. Plus we still need to make the appearance for the dragonslayer title.”
Tyler smiled.
“titles, Ishtar.”
The king’s eyes went wide as he saw the SECOND dragonslayer title.
“By the gods. TWO dragonslayers? The people will rejoice most wildly now. We can do the show in a few hours.”
“Lots of dragon flame. Got it.”
That got a laugh as he looked at his party.
“We’ll turn in that head and….break!”
Wulf and Tyler retrieved the head and staff before going to see Stream the river elf in the bounty booth. She was happily waiting when they walked up.
“Greetings Elf Champion. Who did you collect today?”
“The Mindbreaker and his staff.”
She gulped at the title.
“Very well.”
Wulf placed the head on the tray and the staff on the rack as the lady waited for ID confirmation.
“Okay, please, step into the room here.”
Tyler walked into the smaller room on the side of the booth for the higher level bounty payments.
“The reward is 4500 gold, Lord.”
Tyler added the coins to the pouch.
“Yeesh. Thanks Stream.”
Next stop was the guild. Tyler went to the booth with Wulf right beside him, finding it was Ruby on duty now. She smiled as he laid out the bills.
“I’ve spoken with Butch, Tyler. 150 as agreed on.”
Tyler chuckled.
“That was a first.”
She laughed as she did the math.
“Your total today is 1,474 gold 260 silver.”
Tyler smiled widely.
“The exchange next.”
Wulf laughed as they walked to the building.
“That lady is going to lose it when we unload this time.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Right? Plus the yard and the ore? We’re more merchants then actual adventurers. Plus I’m taking Vixen to meet a friend.”
Wulf smiled at that.
“She’ll have fun alright.”
“Oh you have NO idea.”
The two men went into the exchange, and Tyler placed ten veins of Blood Platinum on Minus’ effigy and she sighed as she got them.
“I love you dearly, Tyler.”
“Me too!”
“Tomorrow, loves.”
They purred as he went to Mya’s desk. The lady just laughed as she led them to the scales.
“Whatever will it be this time?”
They unloaded, and her eyes nearly fell out of her head in shock.
“Okay. Noted. I can give you 4532 gold, 34 silver, 88 coppers.”
They shook on it before heading to Bark’s yard. The burly man just waved them along.
“Ya know where they be.”
HE nodded approvingly as they unloaded.
“Good stone this. How’s 879 gold, 55 silver, 77 copper sound?”
Tyler smiled.
“Like a good deal.”
They got paid and onto the bank. Tyler smiled as Gold was sitting in the booth. The Ballast of Minus’ Scale smiled happily as they walked up.
“Greetings Lord. What do you have this time?”
HE smiled at her.
“A lot.”
They filled no less then eight of the slabs and three quarters of the ninth. Gold just laughed.
“You ARE too good at this! For the material here, I can give you 12,432 gold, 55 silver, 88 copper.”
“Sounds like the Gold standard deal.”
She smiled widely at that.
“So you know? Since you ARE Minus Mortal Husband, her Ballasts are yours to play with as well.”
Tyler smiled widely himself now.
“Now that sounds like fun. Right, my loves?”
Gold shuddered as she felt her Queen’s intentions now.
“Ohhh, I am looking forward to it!”
Wulf went off to Ashy as Tyler handled the next piece alone. The bank had dozens of knights on watch as he walked up to Rune, who nodded.
“Understood Lord.”
She led him to the small room and he pulled out the pouches. She sighed.
“I see why the oaths were so strict. Very well.”
Tyler started with the coppers first. Netting him 104,388 silvers and 88 coppers. Rune frowned at the number.
“Would 20,878 sound fair?”
Tyler did some number crunching.
“Sounds right. That nets me 83,510 silver, right?”
“With 88 coppers.”
“Silver next.”
He dumped the coins in and the result was 59,649 gold, 26 silver. Tyler smiled as he saw the number.
“How does 11,930 sound?”
Rune smiled as well.
“Very fair. That brings the total gold to 47,719 gold, 26 silver, 88 coppers. Your new wealth is 2,447,464 gold, 26 silver, 88 copper. Scary.”
“Thanks Rune.”
Tyler left the bank and blew for Vixen. The busty black mage was waiting outside the palace amusing herself by throwing fruit as he hugged her from behind.
“Ready to meet me friend?”
She smiled as she kissed him in full view of a fruit smeared Kazuma.
“I’d love to. And yes I’ll keep it a secret.”
HE took her by the hand and they walked away as Kazuma was ranting as he yanked on his restraints as he sought to kill the man that had it all. Tyler was smiling as they headed into the alley Erica had shown him to. He hit the door and Dark appeared.
“What’s yer business?”
Tyler showed the coin and Dark laughed his honking laugh.
“Welcome to me humble market, Outcasts.”
Tyler led the now curious black mage to Kirya’s stall, and they found the Leezard looking bored in her reed clothing. The lizard lady perked up immensely as Tyler led the busty mage into sight.
“Tyler! Oh, and ya brought me a right beauty? I love you!”
He kissed her warmly, making Vixen just laugh.
“Another one?”
They both laughed.
“I’m good at what I do.”
“He’s got a scale.”
Vixen smiled as she looked at the Leezard’s firm breasts.
“He loves the big ones.”
That got her a leer.
“Want to feel them?”
Tyler smiled.
“Let’s just make it a pile.”
The Leezard laughed and led them to her bed where Tyler slid into the reptile lady for his second ride as Vixen got her fill of firm Leezard cleavage. The trio got their creams and orgasms before relaxing together as they recovered. Tyler happily entrenched between the two busty beauties.
“That’s it. I am introducing Lily to Kriya.”
They laughed as he stroked the lizard lady’s alligator tail fondly. The scaled lady smiled as he placed a market coin on Vixen’s large breast.
“Ya got a great pair there, Vixen. Coin’s to let ya in anytime long as you be in good standing.”
She kissed the reptile smiling.
“I’ll be sure to visit you again.”
That got a happy sigh that sounded like a hissing snake.
“I need to thank Erica for introducing me to this one.”
Tyler kissed her fondly.
“We’ll let you clean up as we se Olrich and Wink.”
She sighed again.
“Do come enter me again.”
“ooooh, I’m gonna!”
They laughed and dressed as they went to see the one eyed dwarven arms dealer. Vixen happily humming as she held the man’s hand.
“Kriya eh?”
Tyler kissed her.
“Erica’s friend. Fun ain’t she?”
Vixen smiled longingly.
“She is indeed. The Leezards are a very sensual race. When we go to one of their villages, we’ll ALL be very popular.”
“Sounds like a good place to lay low for a while.”
She kissed him for that word play. They walked in and found Olrich looking at a shield. The small man laughed as Tyler walked in with his beautiful companion.
“Well, well, what have ya brought me this time?”
Tyler chuckled.
“A lot.”
he laid them out and Olrich rubbed his beard.
“Ya weren’t kidding lad. What did you have in mind this time?”
Tyler thought for a moment.
“Ya got anymore path booster bands?”
That set a twinkle into the dwarf’s eye.
“Aye lad. Many and more. What ya thinking?”
Tyler laid out the colors for the party and the dwarf smiled wider.
“I see I see! I can let about half those go for the pile. Rest, 10 gold.”
“Deal.”
Tyler gave him the gold and they were off to Wink’s shop. Vixen smiling widely as he showed her the place.
“This be the place.”
They found the fun loving sprite fluttering on her pink wings looking at a new spellbook nine feet in the air. Tyler smiled widely as he saw her.
“Hey, Wink. Miss me?”
She looked and squealed happily.
“Tyler! You came back!”
She dove in to kiss them man most sensually.
“Did you come to fill me?”
“And to introduce you to HER.”
She looked and gasped.
“You brought me a busty beauty? Awww, you’re such a gentleman!”
He kissed her again before letting Vixen get her own kiss.
“Wow, you ARE a beauty. I’m Wink! Nice to lay with ya!”
Vixen smiled seductively at the sprite.
“I’ll let him fill you first before I empty you.”
Tyler smiled now himself.
“Got a spot Wink?”
She was already breathing heavy as she laid him to a room behind the counter with a bed big enough for him. The sprite had a large rack for her small frame, and even larger nipples as well, pink skin, golden hair that was longer then she was tall, bright pink eyes and was usually clad in a strapless dress that hung to her thigh. She stripped excitedly and he noted her small slit as he unsheathed his own sword.
“Umm, it won’t hurt you, will it?”
She smiled widely.
“Sprites are a female only race. So, well, our bodies are a most…..adaptive kind. Plus we love the stretching feeling.”
HE grinned as he mounted the smaller lady and found he did indeed fit, and loved the squeeze.
“Okay, Wink, I LOVE yours!”
She was already bucking hard under him as he thrust to meet her as she was nearly crying from how good the sword felt in her scabbard. Tyler was loving his first Sprite immensely when he filled her with her cream and she moaned hard.
“Ohhh, I LOVED that! More?”
HE smiled widely at her.
“I outlasted Lymir.”
she blinked,
“You have a Sprite in your party now.”
HE just loved her the more as he resolved to discuss that one properly once she was satisfied. Wink was made a right mess before she was satisfied, and loved every drop of it as she laid on his chest like a cat. HE stroked her ridiculously soft hair as he asked her.
“So, you want to join my party?”
She mewed like a happy kitten.
“Yup. That was the best sex I’ve had in thousands of years. Plus, in Sprite Culture, being so utterly satisfied by a male is our marriage rite. And don’t worry, I’ll share myself with the others. Another facet is I never leave your side or my wings will turn black and rot away for breaking the vow of Life.”
He kissed her warmly.
“Your shop?”
She smiled.
“I can transport the whole thing at will.”
HE hugged her tightly.
“I got rules.”
She just kissed him.
“I agree. What are they?”
“As the strongest person on the team, I hold the coin. 2. No work no food. You pull your weight in my camp. 3. In a town or city we all share a room to save coin. When the bed calls we get a separate room. Unspoken are keep our secrets, we do dark work from time to time and don’t get on a high horse.”
She kissed him again.
“I agree fully and completely.”
“You WERE completely full. I loved it!”
She laughed before snuggling him like a cat.
“Sprites are immortal like elves, and love sex more then even mermaids. So, we’re going to have a LOT of fun.”
He petted her like a cat.
“What’s you path?”
She smiled.
“White/pink.”
HE looked at her.
“You’re a white path? Yet you touched a black book?”
She giggled.
“Sprites have a racial ability that allows them to bypass the white/black issue. We’re actually often hired by other white path races to deal with black items they can’t touch.”
HE tilted his head now.
“So, what’s you best healing spell?”
She smiled proudly.
“Sacred healing. Think Holy relief but so powerful it can reattach a severed limb with but a few words and some mana.”
“Can you fight?”
She sighed now.
“Not well. I prefer to more cast spells to buff our allies or debuff our enemies.”
HE smiled widely.
“A pure enhancement mage. Okay, Wink, we NEED you. Welcome to hell!”
Squealed happily as she showered her new Life Mate in warm kisses.
“I love you! You won’t regret this, I promise!”
“Well, let’s get the flutter on.”
She laughed at that one as they dressed and went to see Vixen looking at a black book. She saw the smile and shook her head.
“You either just got us a new Outcast or a wife or both.”
Wink went right over to kiss Vixen on the mouth.
“YOUR turn! Come on Foxy!”
The busty mage was all too eager to let the small sprite at her body.
“We’ll talk after.”
Tyler just smiled as Vixen was taken behind the counter and the moans began again. We got a support mage? Minus that’s a powerful force in our camp! Okay, we got archers, a smith, two offensive mages, one defense mage, two allrounders, two shielders, an assassin, a ranger and a scout. Now Support mage? We got a helluva force now! Vixen and Wink came out a short time later smiling sweaty. Wink came fluttering over to sit on his broadsword hilt, getting a laugh from the others. Tyler found more metal working skills, a few more spells, Vixen got two more books and that was all for that visit. Wink clapped her hands after they paid her the 10 gold, and the entire shop was reduced to a crystal. Tyler just shook his head.
“Of course. Alright Wink, let’s go introduce you to the rest of the mess.”
The trio left the market and headed to the palace. Tyler taking the time to hide Kazuma in the face with a rotten apple.
“why so sour Kazuma?”
Wink busted up laughing as Vixen groaned.
“Shiit. She finds those funny.”
They walked into the palace and Erica was talking with Lillia about something. Soon as she saw Wink on Tyler’s sword hilt, she laughed.
“A kinda figured she’d join us after you got her in bed. We got a great tent now.”
Lillia smiled at the sprite.
“Nice to meet you miss. I’m Lillia.”
wink flicked her wings at her.
“I’m Wink, Lillia. We’ll have plenty of fun together.”
Lillia blushed at that one, and Wink smiled now.
“Oh you sweet child. Maybe that kind too.”
Poor Lillia was left with that as Tyler went to get a bath with the lewd Sprite on his shoulder. Tyler smiled as he got into the tub and wink joined him. The sprite loving the hot water as she teased him with her body.
“So, wink, when you said you can’t leave my side?”
She smiled as she teased his sword with her foot.
“It’s the Sprite Curse. Once we’ve lain with a male that fulfills us the way we long for, our souls are chained to yours. In essence, like those spirits with you. We can’t go too far from you as well. Like maybe the palace length away or the chain snaps. It does, we lose all our magic, our wings, and die a wasting death. It’s slow and painful.”
HE sighed sadly.
“That sucks, Wink.”
She flicked him affectionately in the sword with her foot.
“Not really. Long as we stay close to our new soul, we feel the warmth of their hearts, get a stronger body to better satisfy our lusts, get to feel love, and it gives us boosts as well. Look at your titles please.”
He did, as she kept up her sensual teasing.
“You keep doing that and I’ll have you in the bath, Wink.”
She smiled widely.
“Me plan.”
“Well, feel free then.”
She pounced on him and fitted herself as he looked at the titles, loving her feel.
“Hmm, Fairy Heart? Heard that one before. Says here you and I share a soul now. You die, it hurts like hell. I die, you die. Gives a bonus to all stats and extra mana. The distance the chain stretches is dictated by willpower. Since mine is so extreme, we can be the world of Lectis apart, and you’d be as fine then as when I’m inside you.”
She was too busy orgasming on his sword for talking, she was filled with cream before floating to the side with a satisfied expression on her face.
“I’m good for today, Soul. I’ll need a fresh filling tomorrow though.”
HE pressed her to him.
“It your food?”
She smiled.
“Kinda. We need to feel the love of our Souls at least once a day or the chain rusts.”
HE looked at the fine print.
“The Sprite lives on Mortal food, but needs the love of her mate to fully live. Or, if the Mate has multiple lovers, they may feed the sprite as well. That’s a relief. Much as I love your feel, Wink, Kaori’s the number one here.”
She smiled as she floated in the water using her wings to keep her afloat.
“I know she is, Tyler. Just fill me once a day, and I’ll be satisfied please.”
HE rubbed her hair.
“Just give the eyes and I’ll fill you up.”
She smiled happily.
“I am so happy I was picked up by you. Some out there just see us Sprites as outright sex slaves. As we’ll get attached to the first one that fills us the right way. So, we’re especially favorite targets for rape. As even if we don’t WANT the sex, if we get it, and even if we hate the act, feel, and person, once we’re filled we’re enslaved. Period. I’m just glad I WANTED to be filled by you.”
He hugged the small lady.
“we’ll take good care of you, Wink.”
She kissed him warmly.
“I’m looking forward to it.”
They cleaned up and he introduced the sprite to the ladies and Wulf. Lyrica, Malico, Kaori all laughed once they heard of how it’d happened before they leered at the little lady.
“We’ll be more then happy to feed her.”
“I love Sprites.”
“I’ll show her my tail trick.”
Tyler secured the bedroom before introducing Wink to Minus and Vulpix. The scale goddess laughed.
“When we take you to play love, her chain is preserved.”
“Feed too.”
Wink was quivering as she now understood the caliber of beauties she could now enjoy.
“I love this man.”
Tyler smiled.
“Ladies, why don’t you….get to know Wink better?”
Wink vanished and the scroll was seen to just start bouncing as the sprite was fed by the eager goddesses. Tyler laughed as Wink was heard.
“I LOVE you, Tyler!”
He chuckled fondly as he gave the scroll to Malico.
“Have fun ladies. I’ll go look at the next batch of bills.”
The busty cat rubbed her melons on the scroll before returning it to the pouch as Kaori kissed him.
“What’s her path?”
“White/pink. She’s a pure support mage.”
Ashy blinked.
“Oh damn. We’re set then.”
Tyler hugged Kaori as he replied.
“Hell yeah we are. Wulf, Whisper, let’s go get our last targets for the day.”
They nodded as Kaori kissed him.
“I’ll relax with Wink when she gets back.”
HE smiled as he and the two creature experts left for the hall. The place was as rowdy as ever as Tyler and his two friends looked at the board.
“Hmm, got one for another Slythnier. Reward is 90 silver.”
“good find. Got one for more orcs. Reward is 75 silver.”
“We’ll let the girls rest and try out different teams.”
“A wise move. They’ve worked hard today.”
Tyler spotted a poster he liked.
“Wanted slaying of a Grand Dark Drake. Wulf?”
He smiled.
“A step above a Drakolisk They have bigger troves as well. “
“Nice. Reward is 75 gold. We can eat them right?”
Wulf sighed as Whisper pulled a bill down.
“Sadly not. The meat is poisonous to all but other dragonkin. The scales are also weaker then Lisk. They’re just a lot bigger with stronger breath and actual wings.”
“We’ll give the scales to Lily to practice on before outright lisk.”
“Wise. Hey, Tyler, got one for am Air elemental.”
He looked over curiously as Wulf blinked.
“Those are really rare.”
Tyler looked at the bill.
“Reward is 100 gold. We fighting a cloud Wulf?”
HE nodded smiling.
“More or less. Way to kill it is a purifying spell like holy sanctity. They cast air based magics like poison cloud or toxic death.”
“Nasty. Okay, we got a new one.”
He looked at the board as Ruby came over.
“The Dark Drake has an update. The reward is now 125 gold, and the air elemental has a spell attached to the reward as well.”
“Thanks Ruby. We’ll keep at it.”
She smiled as she waited for the next. Wulf pulled down one that had him smiling.
“Got one for a Ogre Toad.”
Tyler looked at him.
“Oh?”
HE passed the bill.
“The slime when refined makes a great foot cream that soothes sore feet and hands.”
“Okay, Wulf, we need to find a few more of these.”
“They travel in packs. Of twenty.”
“I like where this is going. Reward is 10 gold. Hells yeah.”
HE added it to the pile as Whisper came over with one.
“Got one for a Demon Wall.”
He frowned.
“A Demon Wall?”
Wulf sighed.
“A Balor for whatever reason was forced into possessing a rock face. They’re usually for guarding tunnels and…..oh shit.”
Tyler pulled the map out and unrolled it to look at the spot.
“Yup. A smaller one this time. Maybe 50m, but it’s there nonetheless. How old’s the bill?”
Whisper and Ruby came over to aid.
“About three days.”
“It was sighted by a passing rider and reported to the guild.”
“We’ll look into it. Keep people away from that spot Ruby.”
She nodded and so did the higher ranked adventurers.
“Aye lad. We’ve seen the news about the Fallen Dragons. We’ll get the word out. Just not to the Warriors.”
Tyler sighed.
“Looks like I’ll get to kill ANOTHER one.”
The two laughed as he went back to the board as Ruby went white.
“Tyler? Can I ask you to present your bestiary?”
He grinned at her.
“And ruin the surprise? Not even!”
She gulped.
“Oh dear.”
Tyler and his party members laughed as they looked at the board. The man only had to look for a minute before he saw one that made him smile.
“Got one for another Titan Convoy. Reward is 30 gold. I kinda like them things.”
“They’re easy bow practice. I got one for a Plains Flattener.”
“The hells is that?”
Wulf explained.
“Large low slung beast with a massive horn over their backs. Maybe 60 feet long, 25 feet wide, and stands 40 feet tall. They walk on six legs and are often used as wallbreakers for wars as the massive horn on their back is as hard as Black steel.”
Tyler smiled.
“That’s a nifty beast then. Reward?”
“15 gold. The horn I’d recommend letting Lily have as she can make some really nice things with it.”
“Sure, Wulf. Hey, got a Plains Walker. Reward is 80 silver.”
Whisper explained this time.
“A mini version of the Tyrant. About 6 feet tall, 9 feet long, scaled.”
Tyler smiled widely as he drew a Velociraptor and showed it to her.
“This?”
She nodded.
“Exactly that.”
“We’re looking at a pack of highly intelligent, extremely lethal predators then. Okay, Sera and lily stay on the center as all we’d hear is a twig snap and they’re gone.”
Wulf sighed.
“Native of your world?”
“And the most feared prehistoric creature we’ve found thus far. Can’t wait to kill a raptor pack.”
They laughed as he added it to the pile. Wulf found another.
“Got one for a Plains Tyrant. Reward is 150 gold.”
“Nice. Let’s see what we got thus far. Okay, we got another Tyrant, A plains Flattener, Titan convoy, Plains walker, Demon wall, more orcs, an Air elemental, a Dark Drake, Ogre toads, another Slythnier, and that’s it thus far. Okay, we’ll get three more and one large scale.”
“Got one for a Gnoll Lodge. Holds 250 creatures. Reward is 50 gold.”
“There’s the large scale battle. I got one for a Hell Sheep.”
Wulf grinned now.
“Think a ram the size of Thunder with Wool of even higher quality then the spider silk.”
Tyler grinned himself now.
“Wulf, I got another idea.”
The ladies of the hall were nodding approvingly at the words.
“It is refreshing to see men that know HOW to care for their ladies.”
“AND how to give gifts.”
Whisper was smiling as she passed another bill.
“Got one for a Toad Crossing. Has Larsh, Gigan, Thunder, Ogre, AND the rare Plains Toad.”
Tyler smiled.
“Reward’s 5 gold, the sheep is 95 silver. Wulf, what’s the Plains Toad good for?”
He grinned now himself.
“That slime when refined makes a shampoo that enhances the color, softness and volume of hair.”
“Ummm, yeeeah we need like ALL those things. For political reasons.”
The ladies lost it as the men banged fists in respect for the ploy. Tyler and Wulf smiled as they went to brief the party on the raid. Kaori smiled as she saw the toads.
“You never stop do you?”
He hugged her.
“The shampoo is yours, Kaori.”
She kissed him as Lily saw the ogre toads.
“Can I get the cream from these? Me hands hurt after a hard day fightin iron.”
“Sure Lily.”
Sera perked up.
“Can I get the Gigan toad cream?”
They looked at her in shock, and she blushed.
“I wanna feel softer.”
Tyler just smiled.
“Sure Sera. Some bastard’s won the lottery with you.”
She blushed again,
“Well, I like Thorn.”
Erica hugged her daughter as Tyler just smiled. The rest of the ladies all gave Sera a warm hug as Tyler slid an extra jar of skin cream to her.
“Just to blow her mind.”
He got a hug from his little sister as Lily was heard.
“Well, looks like I need to have a chat with Thorn now.”
Tyler looked at Erica.
“Oh SHIT.”
They laughed at THAT logic. The party, joined by a fully satisfied Wink, mounted up as the sprite sat on Tyler’s sword hilt.
“This be weirdly comfy.”
HE just went with it. Fantasy world. Smile and nod. They rode out to deal with the demon wall first as it was most likely sitting over a dragon den. The wall was found easily enough, and it was an odd looking thing. 49m long and maybe 50m tall, it had long ribbed crab legs it used to drag itself forward with a face like a mummy and arms wielding a scythe and axe. Tyler whistled as he saw the massive thing.
“I’m just gonna hit it with Holy Sanctity.”
They laughed as he did just that, killing it outright before riding away as it collapsed. Tyler pulled the map out a looked for the den marker.
“Yup. We got a dragon den here. I’ll call Tempesta in case of second dragon.”
The party got to mining the demon stone as he looked at the sky.
“Got another den here, Tempesta.”
He landed not long after and chuckled.
“A Demon wall. A rare construct. So, shall we hunt?”
Tyler grinned as he pulled Gliepnir.
“I love fighting dragons.”
They blew open the hole and Tyler sighed.
YA GONNA COME OUT A DIE LIKE A LIZARD OR LIKE A WORM?”
“YOU’LL DIE PUNY HUMAN!”
The dragon came exploding out of the hole as Tyler launched his own assault.
“Ocean’s Fury!”
the dragon was encased in the now 50 foot tall waters and was fighting against them. Tyler chuckled.
“Ice dragon.”
He froze the block solid, locking the dragon’s head inside the thing as he was half in half out of the hole. Tyler walked to the spot where the heart was and, whistling like it was just another day on the trail, stabbed it in the heart.
“Worm death it be.”
The dragon died without even using his breath and Tyler bowed to Tempesta.
“Ta-dah.”
The Sky king laughed.
“The hell you need me for?”
“In case of second dragon. I can kill these things in single combat easily enough, two on one’s more a hassle. Plus the usual chances of gold anything down there.”
The black color left the body of the dead dragon, revealing a beautiful shade of red. Tyler and the party collected the scales and head of their THIRD dragon before dropping into the cave for looting the trove. This one being ten feet tall and ten wide. The weapons and gems were divvyed up as Ore was claimed. Tempesta was mildly disappointed no golden items were found, but was happy to lend his dragon sense to the count.
“In this pile, we have 564,785 gold, 1,232,985 silver, 3,443,887 copper coins. Not bad for a lesser dragon.”
“Still a lot to us. Load up.”
The cave was strip mined to the last copper and lump of usable rock before the party rode out for the Toads. Sera getting an intense chat from her mother and the older ladies as they went. Tyler and Wulf way out in front as men had no place in THAT discussion. The toads were hunted without issue and the slime harvested as well. Tyler smiled.
“We’ll get them to you, Sera. It’s too dangerous having you just walk around the town with us.”
She hugged him tightly.
“Thanks Brother.”
He patted her head before they got back on the hunt. The next target was the Titan convoy. The party enjoying the rush of felling the massive beasts before they butchered them to the last bone. Tyler smiled as the hell sheep was next. The thing was just a giant sheep that fell to a well-aimed arrow from Ashy before the thing was sheered. Kaori and Ashy were looking at each other once they felt how warm and soft the wool was.
“Ashy.”
“Kaori.”
“We’ve seen this one before, haven’t we?”
“Indeed we have. Wonder what the plan is this time?”
“Wonder indeed?”
Tyler and Wulf just smiled as they put the wool up as the meat was taken. Tyler smiled as Wink the sprite sat in front of him on his horse.
“This is kinda nice, Tyler. Just riding out to do whatever.”
He hugged her warmly, careful of her wings.
“Wait till we just roaming again, Wink. It’s a special kinda fun. And is it safe to touch your wings?”
She smiled.
“Just don’t rip them. It’ll hurt.”
He ran a light finger on the thin membrane, and it reminded Tyler of gossamer silk he’d felt once in a store. Wink giggled like a little girl as he touched them.
“And it tickles too!”
He smiled as he hugged her again.
“We’ll get an idea of how you work in our dynamic on the Gnoll Lodge.”
She kissed him.
“Of course, Soul.”
Kaori rode up beside him and plucked the sprite to sit her on her own horse.
“C’mere, I wanna feel these.”
Tyler just burst out laughing as Kaori felt the small lady up on the wing.
“I forgot Kaori wanted to be a-“
“Say it and no sex for a while.”
“I got Wink, Barbie. But understood.”
Ashy smiled knowingly.
“Really Kaori? How cliché.”
She huffed, as Wink just let her wings get teased. The next hit was the orcs. Tyler looked at the party.
“Hmm, Serafina, Ashy, Thistle, Erica, annnnd Whisper. We’ll see how that team works out.”
They nodded smiling and rode out as Malico came up beside him.
“The new article?”
“Hell yeah kittycat. But first.”
HE kissed her warmly.
“There.”
She purred as he pulled the HUD up.
“Today in Vernillion. All spit on Kazuma the Honorless. That’s right reader, The one known as the Kind has at last revealed his true colors. Let us start at the beginning of this tale. As was reported this morning, the prince was cast out of the hall due to his honorless challenge. Well reader, he did not learn his lesson. As not even a few hours later he summoned a doppelganger demon inside the royal palace to make a contract with the foul creature as is common practice in other parts of the world. Only in Vernillion the summoning of such a creature for such a contract is ONLY permitted under the watchful eyes of a Demon Hunter Temple or the Outcast himself. Kazuma’s summoning circle was discovered in his chamber under a rug! The idiot didn’t even have a ward set up to prevent an unintended creature from coming through! This idiocy was brought to light when the evil of the creature overwhelmed the naïve boy’s mind and he was found torturing a small elven girl that was serving as the Outcast’s maid. She was the very same elven girl Tyler had given 25 gold coins as a means of apology for a past misdeed in a time of desperation which she absolved him of. From reports inside the palace, Tyler and Thorn, the elven girl in question, are a rather intense pair of siblings. The poor girl was found mid cut with the knife of Kazuma in her light skin by Whisper. She had ben cut hundreds of times with horrifically bad knife work. Tyler was in the building thank the gods and was able to heal her injuries to the point not even a scratch was left. Tyler cast his Doppel spell as a means of insurance, for what kind of monster turns the knife to a child? That was when the doppelganger was discovered and the true character of Kazuma laid bare. King Ishtar has cast him from the royal family, and he is now locked within a cage naked for the sentence of Public Humiliation as outlined by the Outcast himself! The punishment as death is off the table? To be pelted with rotten fruit while chained inside the cage naked with all laid bare for two days and nights. A town crier reads off Kazuma’s list of misdeeds every fifteen minutes as the masses get to fling rotten fruit of every variety at the Honorless for amusement. Upon exiting the cage, he is to receive 150 stripes, give satisfaction to the poor girl and the new crown prince Axe of the fierce Spirit and was cast out from the palace. Tyler the Outcast knows how to properly humiliate someone Readers of Lectis. Kazuma has also been removed from power as Viscount of Dragul and the Tailed Council replacing him by the king. It would seem that under the rule of Kazuma the ‘kind’ kidnappings and rapes were the run of the day, along with torture at the hands of Kazuma and that vile man VALDIC Sharpspike. The council has issued a formal apology to the Outcast for their utter helplessness under Kazuma’s rule. Tyler has yet to respond to the apology, which, knowing him? He’s just going to ride into town to handle it himself. Kazuma is now a ranting, disgraced, fallen shadow of the hope we all had placed on his shoulders. In an odd way, readers of Lectis, this seems most fitting. Kazuma was so desperate to BE the heroic white knight and was for a time. The OUTCAST does NOT want to be a white knight hero, yet is! Tyler is NOT a kind hearted person to any but Kaori, but aids freely. An odd mismatch to be sure, but there it is. In other News, the Fireball was sighted again.”
Tyler blinked.
“Kaori, Lyrica, ya might wanna read this part.”
They came over curiously and read the line.
“Oh shit.”
“Mother?”
The fireball was sighted riding her white steed near the town of Rookland on the border of Erolagard and Vernillion. Outcast? RUN.”
Tyler closed the HUD and opened his map.
“Rookland. We got a day. MAX.”
Kaori was shaking hard as Lyrica gulped.
“I just pray she’s willing to LISTEN to you, Tyler.”
He sighed.
“I will MAKE her listen. Or, Kaori will. Since she’ll be right next to me. We need to hurry this up, and warn the-hol up.”
Tyler pulled the coin up.
“Ishtar.”
The king appeared.
“It is better to be feared then loved if one cannot be both.”
“Have you seent he latest guild article?”
He frowned.
“I have it right here, yet haven’t looked at it yet.”
“We got a day Ishtar. Eri is in the country.”
He went white as he looked at the thing.
“Oh may the gods have pity upon my soul. Okay, tyler, how long until you’re back inside the walls?”
Tyler was about to answer, when he caught movement to his left.
“We got a lone rider. Hol up.”
Tyler used Farsight to look, and smiled widely as he saw the trademark blonde hair.
“Never mind. She came to us.”
He put the coin away as Kaori was shaking extremely badly as the rider approached them. Tyler blew an alarm on his whistle as the party formed up behind them as the rider got closer. Tyler and Kaori took the front as they got a good look at the rider as she approached. She was a tall blonde haired lady with green eyes that was lit with a fire Tyler found interesting, moderate cleavage that made Kaori frown, and was clad in a light tunic and leathers with a cloak of red dragon wing on her back. Her horse was a magnificent white steed as tall as Thunder with feathery fur on the shins and a three foot horn on the head. Tyler took Kaori’s hand as the couple waited till the lady was in yelling distance.
“Hey! Yer late Eri!”
Lyrica went a little pale at that as the lady on the horse raised a staff tipped with a ruby. TTyler frowned.
“Ice wall.”
The lady was surrounded by 25 foot tall ice walls as he dismounted.
“Ocean’s fury.”
The walls were then encased in the waters of the ocean as she and her horse were caught off guard by the utter power behind them.
“Tranquil waters.”
Then lady was furious as she couldn’t even voice a spell from the lack of air. Now her movement speed was impeded from his defense spell. Tyler smiled widely as he cast his last piece.
“Ice dragon.”
He froze the wall solid as Kaori laughed.
“Ya made yer point!”
Tyler walked over as the wall shattered at the lady was dumped on her face as the unicorn huffed.
“Shut it horn boy.”
It just looked away offended as Tyler kicked the coughing lady’s staff away and drew Oblivion. She was glaring at him with rage as he pointed it at him.
“Ya get me point?”
Wink snorted laughing at his joke as Kaori walked up, and slapped him.
“Idiot.”
At the sight of the blonde, the fallen lady gasped.
“Kaori?”
Tyler stepped back as she helped her mother to her feet.
“Yeah. Hi?”
“Holy sanctity.”
Tyler’s doppelganger spell hit them all with his power and no flames. The woman blinked as she saw that spell.
“The hell?”
Kaori hugged her then.
“Mom!”
That did it, and the tearful reunion was underway as Ashy came riding up.
“We got the last copper when you blew the whistle. Was a fun fight.”
Tyler smiled as he got the coin.
“Okay, just 55 silver? Eh. We’re more after blood anyway. Thanks Ashy.”
The woman went back to glaring at Tyler now.
“Okay kid, answers now. Is Gruven dead?”
“We got a lot to go over toots. And fair warning? I went EASY ON YOU.”
The lady glared at him.
“I’d love to see you fight me one on one.”
“Whatever toots. You want me to spank you so freakin badly, fine. Kaori?”
She grinned.
“Make it a good pounding.”
Tyler kissed her right there as the woman was seen to go nearly red with rage at the sight. The two took a spot away from the party thirty feet apart and Tyler just grinned at the woman.
“Yer name IS Eri, right?”
She glared at him.
“Erica Von Lectis. You the fuck are you?”
“Names Tyler the Outcast. Nice to kick yer ass.”
Her fist on her staff went white.
“Did you kill Gruven?”
“I did. To save Kaori.”
“Liar! Gruven would NEVER hurt Kaori!”
“He would if the pope ordered him to. Which is what happened, Pope wanted kaori in bed. I said no. He orders Gruven to take her anyway, I say no. Gruven throws the fight to boost me levels, aid our escape and give me his sword.”
Eri was glaring at him as Erica came over.
“It’s true Eri.”
She gasped as she saw the black haired woman.
“Erica? You’re here too?”
“Oi, don’t fergit the red head.”
Lyrica smiled as she came to stand beside the Queen.
“Been a long time, Eri.”
At the sight of her two friends in Tyler’s party, Eri looked at him again.
“Okay kid. You said your name was…Tyler, right? If what you say is true, prove it.”
Tyler looked at kaori.
“Ask Kaori herself. She WAS standing right there.”
The mother looked at her daughter.
“Okay, Kaori. Look me in the eye and tell me the same thing.”
Kaori had a tone of pride as she retold the tale of their summoning, the Pope and their escape. Eri’s eyes did not leave kaori’s the entire tale as Tyler looked into hers. Once the tale was finished, she looked at Tyler again, this time her blazing eyes were softer as she saw the truth of it.
“You were saved by Gruven. There is no other way you would have escaped the tower otherwise.”
Tyler smiled an unpleasant smile.
“Oh we woulda escaped, Eri. Either we did or die by our own hands rather then let that bastard get Kaori.”
The blonde beauty nodded.
“I’d have wielded the knife meself.”
Eri just smiled at her daughter.
“That Pope still live?”
The party grinned darkly as Tyler walked over to her.
“HE screamed for six hours. Eri, we have a LOT to tell you. And we got work to do besides the point. So, less you wanna be left in the dirt, mount up! Kaori, Malico, Wulf and Lyrica, get the new barbie up to speed on the mess. We’re hitting the Dark drake next! Outcasts, move out!”
The party moved as one to their horses as the gears were switched. Eri was blinking in shock at the sudden shift from discussion to war raid in a split second. Kaori pushed her towards her unicorn.
“Hurry up, Mom! I don’t have time to play coddle!”
She laughed as she mounted her horse and rode beside the ones that were there in the beginning for the explanation. Tyler had Whisper leading the way now,
“Hey, Tyler!”
“No camp secrets!”
“Love you!”
“Love you too, Kaori!”
Eri just looked at her daughter.
“What the hell? Okay, Kar, tell me everything. I’ll get the camp secrets later.”
“NO YOU WON’T.”
The entire party’s en mass response made her laugh.
“Yo runt! I can join this nuthouse right?”
“Long as you agree to my camp rules.”
Eri rode up beside him now.
“This oughta be good. Lay em out touch guy.”
“1. As the strongest person in the party, I hold the coin. 2. No work no food. In my camp you pull your weight.”
Sera and Lillia chimed in as usual.
“Trust us, he’s a dick about it.”
“Still mean!”
“Love you too Sises!”
They laughed as he laid out the next rule.
“3. When in a town or city we all share a room to save coin. When the bed calls we get a separate room. Unspoken are easier, keep our secrets, we do dark work from time to time, and don’t get on a high horse.”
Eri’s green eyes narrowed now.
“And HOW much do you bed my daughter?”
“We play a lot Mom!”
“I’ll have you at some point tomorrow, Kaori!”
“Love you too!”
The party laughed as Eri’s eyelid twitched.
“Okay. Ummm, yeah. I hate you.”
“She loves me, so good enough.”
That got a grin.
“Good answer. So, is she your only one?”
Lyrica, Vixen, Malico, Erica, and wink all came in for warm kisses as Kaori leered at each lady in turn. Eri knew what THAT meant, and grinned the wider.
“Ohhh now that’s precious! Yo, Erica, who gets more action, him or her?”
The queen laughed.
“He does. Ask him about THEM!”
Tyler smirked at the lady.
“I’m the Mortal Husband to BOTH Minus and Vulpix.”
Eri’s jaw dropped at that one.
“I’ll prove it after we go on a quick rampage. Trust me toots, we BOTH play the right way.”
The blonde haired firecracker just busted out laughing.
“Okay playboy, who else?”
“Seline, Yoko, Verilica, I’ve outlasted Lymir, Aqua of that magic shop, Sylvain of the Dark Forest, Kirya of the Leezards, the thus far named beauties ya met already, and I think that’s the list.”
Eri just shook her head in awe.
“Kaori landed herself Hue heffner.”
Kaori smiled.
“I’d look really good in bunny ears.”
“That’s it, I’m getting you a set. Okay, Eri, once we’ve leveled the Lodge, we have a few secerts to tell you. Oh, and for the extra kick to the teeth? We bought Spearview.”
She gasped in shocked, then looked at Kaori.
“Did you find it?”
She nodded.
“Tyler’s that angry looking boy in the photo mom.”
She looked at him with new anger.
“You killed your own father.”
“To protect kaori. If even Sera there were to try for her life, she dies screaming.”
Tyler looked at Eri in the eye, and glared at her with HIS will.
“If I have to slaughter every living thing that walks this earth, skin every orphan alive or set babies on fire to keep Kaori alive and safe I WILL do so. Smiling happily the entire time and I will still sleep like a baby that night. SHE is my number on priority in this world.”
Eri was shaking like a leaf as she felt the weight of his will, and the strength of his resolve. Then she smiled widely.
“Well said kid. I don’t like the examples you gave, but I love the force behind it. I still hate you outta principle, but getting there.”
“I got Lily’s seal of approval. So, if I can touch HER bar, I’m sure I’ll get to look at yours.”
Eri just smiled.
“a proper man. I see that whale raised you well!”
The party went dead silent except for the hoof beats of the horses. Eri picked right up on the sudden silence and looked at Tyler.
“Tyler, what am I missing here?”
He lifted his vest and showed off his scars.
“These three are from the first lisk me, Malico and Kaori killed. Rest from me family. They didn’t like me very much.”
Her green eyes went wide with horror, then were full of sorrow.
“Oh you poor boy. Did they come here too?”
“Eri, you need to know something about the rest of YOUR family. And it’s not a good tale.”
She looked at a grim faced Kaori.
“Not you too?”
HSe shook her head.
“Because of Tyler, mom. He’s been protecting me for years now. From dad AND Kazuma. Tyler, we need to have this chat before we hit the Lodge.”
HE sighed.
“Right. Otherwise we’d never be able to focus. Wulf, Whisper, we got a decent spot for an update?”
The Ranger and Scout looked around.
“There’s that small rock outcrop a few minutes from the road.”
“That works. Tyler, we got a place.”
“Lead the way.”
They rode to a small semicircle of stone that Tyler set up his defense spells before sitting in the grass and laying the moaning scroll out. Eri sat across from him with Kaori right beside him and Ghost on his other side. HE looked at the fiery blonde.
“We’ll start with the heavenly beauties. Eri, meet my Goddess wives, Minus and Vulpix.”
She gasped as the scroll spoke in the goddesses voices.
“A pleasure to meet you miss.”
“Nice too.”
Eri looked at the wolf as Tyler patted her.
“This is Lupa the wolf Queen. She’s a little more difficult to explain. Here, title time.”
Eri went white at the numbers, kills, and titles.
“Gru sucked at this compared to you. Okay, she’s your spirit friend. Wait, Holy Muse?”
As if on cue, Sallie and Sylvia appeared on Tyler’s shoulders giggling. Eri’s eyes went wide with sadness.
“I remember now. You poor girls.”
They hopped down to hug the lady.
“Grandma!”
“What?”
Tyler and Kaori smiled at the flabbergasted lady.
“They chose us.”
“When the time comes of course.”
Eri glared at Tyler now.
“If you back out, I-‘
“I know, Eri. I know everything.”
She went a little pale, then sighed.
“Then be warned. Cuties like this need to be in the world.”
“Lady, sword’ll get hung up just .long enough for them to come out. Then, it’s coming off that wall. We’ll raise hell the only way the Outcast family CAN!”
That got squeals of joy from the girls as they hugged Tyler and Kaori as Eri smiled.
“Oh I like the way you think.”
Tyler shrugged as he hugged Sallie.
“I’ll train em meself. Next up is Sylvia there. My family found her for their games and Craig raped her repeatedly. They killed her and tossed her in a well.”
Eri was gaping at him in horror as Kaori went on.
“HE was also raping Kazuma regularly. Kazuma’s a closet sadist/rapist as well. When we get back to Term, you’ll see the results.”
She had tears in her eyes.
“The results of what?”
Tyler grinned darkly.
“Of what happens when I CAN’T kill you, but get to hurt you.”
Eri shuddered as Kaori explained smiling.
“Tyler’s got him locked in a cage naked with boxes of rotten fruit around him for the masses to throw for kicks. Here, read these. They’ll get you up to speed.”
Kaori passed the archive crystal to her and she started at the first one. Tyler was happily hugging Sallie as Sylvia was locked in sera’s hug death as Eri’s face went from anger, disgust, rage, pain, horror, awe, to most horror. Then she sighed as she passed it back.
“I see now. Okay, Tyler, what are the other camp secrets?”
HE smiled.
“Me, Kaori and Malico found Vernillionia’s body.”
She jumped.
“We spent YEARS looking for it! How the hell did you find it?”
He chuckled.
“Be amazed what ya find in a Lisk trove. Guy was in a blind alcove. Only way to find him was to actually be, ya know, thorough.”
She rubbed her eyes.
“Okay jackass. What was the haul?”
“We got his ring, crown and last will basically handing the kingdom to whoever finds it. Yeah. I am NOT going to be king. So, we’re holding it in case of royal mess. Plus this beast here.”
Tyler drew Gliepnir and laid it out in view.
“Was Fenrir his sword. I named it Gliepnir.”
Eri blinked.
“Ummm, that’s a Mythril Magicite sword.”
“Show off time ladies and Wulf!”
Eri’s eyes went wide as she saw the gear.
“I have never seen so much Mythril in one place before! Wait, adamant? RUNE? Additite?”
Tyler smiled.
“We’re good at this shit. We’re loaded as well.”
She narrowed her eyes now.
“How loaded?”
“2.3 million gold coins. Not including the gems we’re sitting on either.”
She blinked.
“Umm, no way. Nu-huh.”
HE pulled the coin pouch into view and she went white.
“You’ve only been here three MONTHS! It took us years to break 5000 gold!”
Tyler smiled.
“Lady, did ya never stop to LOOK in the damned WALLS of the caves?”
Erica and Lyrica nudged their friend.
“We’ll literally spend more time mining rock t5hen fightin sometimes Eri.”
“On top fo the creatures this party fights for FUN.”
Eri just sighed again.
“The hell did we DO for all those years ladies?”
Tyler smiled.
“We’ll show you how we made our wealth. We got a few more bills to deal with today.”
She looked at him now.
“Targets?”
He passed them over and she just gaped at them.
“The wave is in fifteen days! Are you insane?”
“He is. We’ll hit more like that tomorrow.”
Tyler looked at Wulf and whisper.
“I want to focus on large scale hits tomorrow. We need more practice outnumbered.”
They nodded.
“We’ll look at the board when we get back for the morning raid.”
“There are a few outright castles in the area creatures take over from time to time. I’ll ask Ruby if any have been occupied.”
Eri passed the bills back with a shaking hand.
“You’re going to wear yourselves out before the wave even starts!”
Kaori snorted.
“Bitch please. Theses things are small fry compared to the things TYLER has to fight. Least we can do is TRY to get strong enough to help.”
The party banged fists in agreement as Tyler passed his bestiary over.
“I fight the big guys. Look closely this time.”
She did, and went white again.
“three dragonslayer titles? 9 LICHES’ BANE?”
She looked at him in horrified pity.
“That’s just not fair. You stand alone against monsters not even I would fight.”
He smiled.
“Welcome to MY camp. We fight the things others just can’t. The lich kings were fun though. I actually needed to think for once.”
She just sighed.
“Okay, Tyler. I need to see this myself. The Lodge.”
“Want me to prove my point? I’ll take it alone then.”
She was shocked.
“That’s easily 250 creatures!”
HE looked at her confused.
“Didn’t you blow up an army of giants numbering in the thousands not too long ago?”
She blinked.
“I did. But I needed to charge that shot for nearly two days.”
He frowned.
“Let me see the spell a sec.”
She passed the spell and he looked at the fine print.
“Explosion. Cost is 250 mana. Surge based spell, converts feelings into explosive power. Usable as often as it can be charged. Depending on the fuel used, can devastate an entire city. That’s it? Just ONE city?”
Eri blinked as he gave it back to her.
“Hey! I killed a high dragon with this spell!”
Tyler looked at Kaori.
“We need to get a look at that picture again.”
Lyrica smiled.
“I always carry a copy on me. Here.”
Tyler took the shot of the old party posing in front of the dead dragon. Tyler laughed soon as he got a good look at the dragon’s scales.
“Toots, that’s not a high dragon, that’s merely a lesser brown dragon!”
The three blinked.
“What.”
“The.”
“Hell? It took us three days to kill that thing!”
Tyler took out his map and looked at it.
“Hmm, let me see……ah! Got one! Wulf, Whisper, fifteen minutes from us is another hole. 65m across. It ain’t marked so let’s go knock!”
Tyler looked at the shocked ladies.
“Allow me to make a new point. Mount up! We’re going dragon hunting!”
The party laughed as they swung into the saddle before taking off as Eri scrambled to keep up with their frantic pace. She was right beside Tyler with an incredulous look on her face.
“What the hell is wrong with you? You don’t HUNT DRAGONS!”
Tyler smiled as a shadow passed over head. He looked and saw Tempesta gliding just over head.
“what up big blue? Saw it too?”
The dragon laughed.
“I did, Tyler! You looking for another kill?”
“More to make a point. Kaori’s mother’s all full of herself for killing a lesser brown dragon. Looking to show her how it’s DONE!”
The blue dragon snorted.
“How long it take?”
“It took her and her party three days to kill it!”
That made him burst out laughing.
“That’s pathetic! Ha! Okay Tyler, same deal as usual!”
“Got it big blue!”
Eri was gaping at the dragon just casually gliding above their heads. Tyler smiled as he nudged her.
“THAT is a high dragon Eri. Meet Tempesta. The Sky dragon king.”
She gulped as they reached the spot.
“This kid’s a monster.”
Kaori smiled darkly now.
“No, mom. Tyler’s a Demon.”
The entrance was blown open and Tyler walked into the opening.
“HEY! WORMSCALE! I GOT A NICE SPOT ON MY WALL FOR YOUR HEAD!”
“I WILL EAT YOU ALIVE PUNY HUMAN!”
The black dragon came rocketing out as Tyler laughed.
“Ice wall!”
The thing was tripped by his ice and it landed heavily. Tyler was right there to stab it in the heart as a SECOND dragon came racing out. Tyler smiled widely now.
“Oh this just got fun! Demon’s Wrath!”
He was gone as the second dragon’s jaws snapped shut where he had been standing not a second before. The dragon tried to retreat into the cave, only for Tyler to grab it by the jaws and pull it back out smiling the whole time. He twisted with savage force and a loud snap was heard as the dragon went limp from a shattered neck. He then stabbed it in the heart to be sure and bowed to a trembling Eri.
“And THAT is how dragonslaying is done the right way, Eri! We’ll be right back, after this flop.”
He fell over panting as Tempesta sighed.
“Greedy bastard.”
Kaori snorted.
“Like you won’t get the meat, Tempesta.”
He looked at her indignantly.
“I am not fat!”
Tyler smiled as he recovered.
“She didn’t say anything about you being fat Tempesta. She just said you’d get the meat.”
The dragon blinked, as the rest of the party burst out laughing as he saw he’d been caught in a verbal trap. Eri was beside herself at the sight of her daughter and Tyler outright TEASING a high dragon like they were friends. Tyler smiled as he looked at the bodies.
“Get to it everyone! We got a helluva a payday here!”
The party pulled knives and got to it as Eri was stunned by the highly efficient party butchering two dragons with the ease that only practice grants. Tempesta looked at her as she just stood there watching.
“Ya gonna help or not?”
She jumped and got a knife from Kaori as the party laughed at her.
“Ya wanna eat? Get to work!”
The dragons were stripped to the meat and Tyler led the way into the cave to the trove hollow. This one being fifteen feet tall. Eri was smiling as she wento start looting, when her daughter put a hand on her shoulder.
“Not yet, Mom. Place ain’t safe enough yet.”
She watched as the party ran a hand on the walls clearly using prospect.
“What are they looking for?”
Her daughter sighed as she explained. Tyler and Lily met up with Erica and Lyrica in the center of the room, and were smiling as they watched Eri’s reactions to Kaori’s stories.
“we got a helluva party, right Lily?”
She smiled as she hugged him.
“It’s a little scary. But, we do.”
He hugged her tightly as the all clear was given. Tyler wand the party walked to the pile as eri looked at it too.
“How’s it usually work sharing loot in the party?”
“Watch. Weapons and armor first!”
The gear was dug out and laid in rows until the last dagger was found. Then the party began the walk to see what they wanted or could use. Tyler smiled as he spotted a pair of silver gauntlets.
“Hey, Sera, think you can use these?”
He passed her the things and she tilted her head.
“Hmm, not really. My Balor horn scale armguards are better. Plus I don’t really need to boost me path.”
“Let’s give em to Axe then.”
She smiled.
“That works!”
She hugged him as the party went over every weapon and armor piece until they were gone. Eri scoring a few ruby pieces herself. She smiled as she looked at Tyler.
“I get it now.”
HE looked at the pile.
“Ore next.”
The ore was dug out and gone over before Tyler smiled.
“Gems.”
The stones were also laid out, and Tyler’s sharp eyes spotted two more bloodstones. He chuckled as he took them and looked to where Lyrica was standing.
“Hey, Lyrica.”
she looked over, just to get two more Bloodstones placed in her hands, getting him another warm hug as Eri looked at Erica incredulously.
“Oh he does NOT want to let her go.”
The queen was looking at a large pearl as she replied.
“He loves that succubus quite a bit, Eri. From what Kaori has told me, she reminds him of his ‘waifu’ or something from his world.”
Eri just hung her head now.
“Rias Gremory. Dammit now I see it.”
Ashy smiled as she stood next to the blonde MILF.
“Tyler is a most loyal servant of the house of Gremory.”
Eri sighed in abject misery as she saw her daughter get a kiss from him.
“And my daughter loves him.”
Ashy smiled again.
“Kaori’s as loyal as he is to the lady Rias.”
Eri just groaned.
“Stop, Ashy, please let me keep the image of my little angel a bit longer!”
Ashy laughed.
“Malico’s tail? She’s had it. There.”
Eri just started laughing at that one.
“And there it goes!”
Erica nudged her.
“It feels AMAZING Eri! Would recommend!”
Tyler smiled as he spotted another Cats-eye the size of a soccer ball. He picked it up and walked over to were Malico was looking at a rather pretty bit of Aquamarine. He kissed her suddenly and she purred.
“Miss me?”
He placed the stone in her hands and she purred the harder.
“Just making sure MY tail is NOT going anywhere.”
She kissed him as he petted her long tail.
“I love you too.”
He smiled. The gems were gone over and all that was left was the coin mountain. Tempesta loaned his treasure skills again.
“by my count there be 1,523,324 gold, 1,987,453 silver, 3,432,434 copper coins in that pile.”
“Thanks big blue. Odd how we didn’t find anything gold this time.”
Eri just sighed.
“Okay, this point, just smile and nod.”
Erica patted her friend’s back sympathetically.
“When it comes to Tyler, Eri? Best choice.”
The chamber was swept and the walls mined until it was tyler-level clean. Eri understood then how they’d made the vast majority of their wealth.
“They flip over every rock they see! Scary.”
they left and headed for the lodge, which stunned the new blonde.
“You just killed TWO dragons! And STILL going?”
Sera laughed.
“Welcome to the outcasts!”
The Lodge was just a large pile of rocks in a circle formation with a gate. Tyler smiled.
“Alright, ladies and Wulf. You know the drill. Eri, you got anything else besides that stick?”
She snorted and pulled a slender one handed sword.
“This too.”
“Kaori, teach your mother how MY lover brings the pain.”
She grinned and pulled her ruby katana.
“With blood.”
Eri grinned now herself.
“Oh THIS I like about you, Kar!”
Tyler walked u[p to the front door twirling his staff sword and booted it open.
“Knock knock FUCKS! THE OUTCASTS CAME TO PLAY!”
He dove smiling into the first pack of Gnolls he saw as the sides of the spear he headed fanned out with Lucy and Thistle leaping with their longer weapons to scythe beasts down as Sera and Lily backed up by Erica took the center between them. Lily and Erica making a mini shield wall as Sera fired her arrows between legs and gaps as the ladies moved like a tornado of death. Lillia was working with Whisper and Serafina to cut done Gnolls left right and center. Malico was dancing with Wulf as the pair went sword to dagger against the dog headed beasts.
“This is fun Wulf!”
“Idiots every one.”
Ashy was with Lyrica and Vixen firing arrows as the mages cast spells. Wink fluttering beside them casting buff spells to raise defense and attack power as Kaori tore through eight creatures as her mother struggled to keep up with her sheer speed and agility. Lupa and Sasha were working together to kill the larger beasts as a team with one dragging a creature down for the other to get the killing blow before reversing the attack. The nineteen-strong party killed the 300 creatures with ease. Tyler sliced the leading ogre to pieces and rejoined the others.
“How’d we do?”
Serafina smiled.
“I’m unharmed. Was fun to go rampaging.”
Thistle was rubbing her shoulder.
“I be needing a spell. Bastard got a lucky shot with a spear.”
Tyler smiled as he healed her shoulder.
“Better?”
She rolled it a few times.
“Thankee kindly.”
Eri was panting hard from the rampage as her daughter just looked at her.
“The hell mom? That’s IT?”
She glared at her still relaxed daughter.
“The hell you mean that’s IT? We just killed 300 creatures!”
Erica and Lyrica snorted.
“Eri, this is the THIRD such sized battle we’ve had today.”
Lyrica tilted her head now.
“Wait, the bandits, Kobold hold, wow, this is the third rampage.”
Eri just gaped at the two as the party dove to looting.
“We’re hitting the plains walkers next. Sera, lily, you’re in the center. Ashy, Kaori, we’re hunting raptors now.”
They nodded as the camp was stripped bare and they were back in the saddle with Eri just getting swept up for the ride. She was still panting raggedly as Kaori tossed her a vitality potion.
“Better put your balls on mom. You in OUR camp now!”
Tyler smiled.
“Cut the old lady some slack, Kaori. Sadly, unlike Erica and Lyrica, SHE got rusty!”
Eri was seen to go red with rage as Erica and Lyrica looked at each other.
“He played the age insult,”
“And complemented us in the same manner.”
“A real man and no mistake.”
Eri was still panting as they found a section of the plains that was all long grass. Tyler smiled as he saw it.
“Ashy, don’t go into the long grass!”
She laughed.
“We’re binging those sometime.”
“Oh damn right we are. Okay, I’ll draw em out.”
He took in a breath.
“Frigid cone.”
HE breathed a breath of frozen air into the sun warmed grass. The stalks shattered like glass as a pack of thirty creatures all died from extreme chill before they knew what hit them. Tyler saw this and looked at the party sheepishly.
“I think I overdid it.”
They laughed as they got to butchering the pack as Eri looked at Erica stunned.
“Hey, remember that time Gru killed at Kobold den by yelling into it?”
Lyrica had a better one.
“Or that time he was nearly flattened by that Durandal? Tyler’s nearly been flattened by Golems, what? Twice now?”
Eri slumped in the saddle.
“HE can kill dragons and Lich kings. Yet nearly gets done in by a walking rock.”
Erica sighed.
“Tyler’s Gru’s kid alright. It’s terrifying sometimes how similar they are.”
The creatures were collected and Tyler claimed a 9 inch claw for himself which made Ashy laugh.
“Doctor Grant?”
HE smiled as he put it in his pouch.
“I always wanted to have one of these.”
HE looked at the bills as the grass thawed out.
“Okay. The plains walkers, orcs, sheep, toads, Demon Wall, and Gnolls are dead. We got the Slythnier, Titan convoy, Plains flattener, Tyrant, the air elemental, dark drake, and the ogre toads. We’ll hit the convoy next.”
They thundered along as Eri was panting again from the frantic pace of the Outcasts at work. Lucy laughed at the lady.
“Ya be the legendary Fireball? Ha! I pray ya enjoyed the light work. We be doin this till the ball then the day BEFORE the wave!”
Eri was seen to go pale as she looked at Kaori.
“Are you seriously trying to kill yourselves?”
The blonde daughter snorted.
“In Lectis you either step the fuck up or GET fucked up. Make a call mom.”
Eri blinked and smiled.
“Whoever taught you that was a wise one indeed.”
Sera perked up.
“Tyler taught it to us, Eri.”
She looked at the princess.
“He did?”
“Yup! He also taught me and Lillia how to survive out here. Lily how to shield as well!”
Lillia came up to tell the tale. As Tyler looked at Lyrica beside him.
“We’re still together tonight, Lyrica.”
She smiled atop her Dullahan.
“I’m looking forward to it.”
Wink was happily seated on his sword hilt as she perked up.
“Mind if I join? It kinda the last bit of the Sprite rite we share our first night together in the bed.”
He looked at Lyrica and she smiled.
“I have no issue. Sprites make excellent bed mates WITHOUT sex.”
He patted Wink’s small leg.
“Sure Wink. Looking to get a recharge of flutter power.”
She laughed as Eri heard the tale from Lillia.
“That’s horrible! I’mma smack Fishy when I see him!”
Erica smiled.
“Tyler tore him a new asshole for that one. He’s got the Warrior’s Council title, Eri.”
She blinked.
“Seriously? Who was the second monarch?”
Wulf spoke up.
“My sister. Tatiana.”
Eri looked at him closer now.
“Tatiana? Wow. Been a few years since I heard her name. What happened?”
The Titan convoy was slaughtered and collected, as Eri was once again stunned by just the sheer ease the party dealt with the colossal beasts. Tyler smiled now.
“I’ll take the Dark Drake alone.”
They laughed as Eri looked at her daughter in horror.
“He’s trying to kill himself!”
Kaori sighed now.
“Lady, just sit back and watch, okay? Tyler’s the strongest in the damn party for a REASON.”
The drake was just a mini dragon, and Tyler killed it with his spear.
“Huh. Not even a warm up. Lily, I’d like you to join my horse for a bit.”
She smiled widely as Eri blinked at the meaning.
“Ummm, is SHE one of his?”
Lily smirked.
“Not yet. But he WILL be.”
Tyler hugged her.
“Ya got a few years growin but, ya know the rest.”
Eri looked at Wulf,
“What the hell?”
The ranger sighed.
“Lily’s chosen Tyler as her future husband. Don’t make her mad, Eri, okay? She’s Willow’s daughter.”
She got it then.
“Ah. I’ve met Willow a few times. She’s a fierce one. Good for the Elves.”
The drake was stripped of everything useful and it’s trove looted. Netting the party a further 13,232 gold, 15,879 silver, 43,231 copper coins. Tyler was smiling as they went to the next hit.
“Eri, we’re hitting the flattener. I been wonderin if you HAVE a fireball spell.”
She laughed.
“I do. I’ll show you when we see it.”
Lyrica smirked.
“Let’s see if you’ve improved it at all, Eri.”
The fiery blonde laughed again.
“Wait an see bedbreaker.”
“Nice to see the fire isn’t an overstatement at least.”
Wink smiled.
“Got anymore?”
He thought for a moment.
“Hmmm, I’ll have to ponder it a little.”
She burst out laughing as they did indeed pass a small pond at that moment. HE smiled again.
“Nice to see my favorite Sprite is feeling very spry today.”
That got a grin from the others as Wink was cracking up laughing as eri sighed.
“That wasn’t too bad.”
Tyler looked at a rock.
“I’m glad I’m a lot boulder now, Wink!”
She was wheezing as Kaori rode up and smacked him hard.
“I lost ten years life from that one! No!”
“Smacks, Kaori. Smacks a lot.”
Wink was outright wheezing as she fought to recover from the jackassery as the ENTIRE party smacked Tyler hard for that one. Now seeing stars with a face redecorated by handprints, he laughed.
“Worth it!”
Wink was coughing as Lily rubbed her back soothingly. Tyler remembered what he wanted to tell Lily.
“Hey, Lily, about the smithing.”
She looked at him curiously.
“New tricks?”
HE smiled.
“More a thought. I know you’re at Lisk scale right now due to the skills and all, but, and this is just me thinking, I think you should master the other metals FIRST before getting to lisk. Follow?”
She smiled as she pressed her head into his body.
“I do. I was actually debating whether to do that or not. Thanks for helping me decide.”
He hugged her as the beast came into view.
“Love you too.”
Eri smiled as she raised her staff.
“Fireball!”
She sent a ball of flame three feet across hurtling at the thing that was merely a living at-st from a movie. The ball hit the thing, rocking it to the side before it recovered with a low rumble. Tyler noted the lack of any real damage on the hide.
“Nothing to brag about. Waterbolt!”
His own equivalent to fireball tore a hole through the thing’s shield sized eye and dropped it to the ground with a thunderous impact as Tyler looked at a white faced Eri.
“Okay, Eri. We need to have a chat about something.”
She gulped as the party looked at her curiously. The party got to work butchering the beast as Tyler, Kaori, Lyrica and Erica had Eri a distance from the party for a chat. Tyler got right to the point.
“Pick your sword back up.”
She was white in the face as Erica and Lyrica looked at her in shock.
“You laid your sword down?”
“When?”
Kaori sighed.
“Just let Tyler handle this one, Lyrica, Erica. He was looking into her eyes for quite a while back there.”
They nodded as Tyler confronted the woman.
“You DID hang your sword up when Gruven hung his up. But, once he backed out of the agreement, if you picked it back up, you wouldn’t be able to get pregnant. So, you left it on the wall to TRY to get knocked up. But, every time it came to it you ran because you didn’t want anyone else’s kid then Gruven’s. You trapped yourself in a cycle of redundant rejection. You rejected the sword, then you rejected the reasons for hanging it up only to reject picking it up again. You still look like that due to that boon from that Love Goddess. Now, make a choice Eri. Pick your sword back up NOW, or get left behind. Right now you’re borderline helpless.”
She was shaking as tyler spoke her heart like he WAS her.
“How did you do that?”
HE sighed.
“Did you see my perception?”
She shook her head dumbly. So he showed her. Her shaking was even more severe as she saw it now. She looked at him with sadness in her green eyes.
“If I pick it up again, I won’t be able to have anymore kids for another three hundred years when I can next lay it down.”
He sighed.
“Annnd the hell is Kaori? Chopped liver?”
That made her gasp, then look at her daughter anew.
“Oh my god I am so sorry, Kaori. I…I forgot!”
The blonde daughter sighed.
“YOU get the barbie nickname now.”
Tyler kissed her.
“You are still Shadow.”
She smiled as Eri looked at Tyler now.
“Sallie and Sylvia?”
He glared at her.
“MY and Kaori’s girls. FIRST. You are their grandmother.”
She smiled at that.
“I love children, Tyler.”
He and Kaori exchanged MORE concerned looks as Eri sputtered.
“Jesus you two! What the hell you take me for? I love BEING a mother! Not that shit!”
The pair deflated from relieved sighs.
“Riiight. The Mother barbie.”
“We really need to watch that one Tyler.”
HE looked at Eri intensely.
“Your sword?”
She sighed.
“Understood. And I’m sorry I made it sound like I was trying to replace you Kaori.”
Tyler snorted.
“Kaori is irreplaceable. Plus, no matter how many run around looking like her, she is STILL a one in a million kinda girl.”
Every lady applauded the on the fly retort as Tyler got a most passionate kiss from her as Eri nodded with green eyes full of approval.
“well said kid! Okay, you’re just above shit now.”
HE smiled as he watched her glow a second and a small shockwave was felt in the area as Eri picked her sword back up. She smiled widely now.
“That feels SOOOO much better! Here loverboy get a load a these numbers.”
She passed her HUD over for inspection.
“Eri Von Lectis. Strength….355, Speed, 435, stealth…455, agility….435, magic, 675, mana, 1250, stamina….150. Not bad for a pure mage build. Get a load a THESE numbers toots.”
He passed HIS HUD over and Eri went white.
“Strength, 1000, agility 750, stealth 900, physical defense 1200, stamina 1500, magic 1250, speed, 750, mana 2500?!”
She looked at him in horrified awe as Tyler smiled.
“wow, looks like I got like 350 extra points to throw. I’ll look at it later.”
Eri just busted up laughing.
“You’re a god. Okay, Tyler. What next for me?”
He smiled and opened his mouth.
“No getting my MOTHER pregnant when her time comes again.”
He closed his mouth as Eri looked at her daughter in disbelief.
“Was he REALLY about to say that?”
She sighed with exasperation.
“Knowing him, mom? Sadly.”
Eri just looked at him as he shrugged.
“What? Can you BLAME me for liking the beauties?”
She smirked as Erica and Lyrica looked at each other knowingly.
“Very well played. No mother-daughter threesomes either.”
“She beat ya to it already.”
Kaori whacked him with a look of pain on her pretty face.
“Guy’s an immature jackass mom. Love em to death, but yeah.”
Eri hugged her daughter.
“It’s the burden of us beauties to have to deal with the idiots.”
Tyler smiled.
“So, Eri, the ball.”
Kaori picked RIGHT up on that one as her mother blinked.
“What of it?”
“Look at her hand.”
She did and saw the ruby ring. Soon as she did she rounded on Tyler in a fury.
“Is that what I think it is?”
He smirked.
“Not yet. Once the waves end. Well, once they end.”
Eri walked at right up to him and got in his face.
“She is NOT to know a thing.”
“Ooooh, she is NOT. Butta, wait till the ball. Annnnd, I hope you ladies take notes.”
THAT got him a few looks from some VERY intense ladies now as they looked at Kaori’s ring anew. Lyrica was about to raise her hand to use a detect magic when Tyler glared at her with the Demon glare, she got the hint and let it go. Eri was still looking at him.
“Okay, Tyler. I’m curious as to just HOW you care for my daughter. I’ll see this surprise at the ball.”
He patted her reassuringly.
“I got a few talents and tricks that’ll MOST likely shatter her AND your mind.”
Kaori gulped now.
“Oh shit I know that look. What’d you do?”
HE smiled at her.
“Just wait an see.”
She was shaking now.
“Jesus that’s terrifying! Last time you got that look you set me up with a freakin ring of silver with a small emerald you bought from the local jewelry store!”
Eri looked at her curiously.
“How’d he get that kinda money?”
Kaori smiled at the memory.
“Guy started a side hustle one winter shoveling driveways. made close to 2500 dollars doin it too. The ENTIRE reason he started it was just to buy me that ring for my birthday. He even went so far as to hide it in the small box with the ribbon he’d bought me for my hair. I didn’t find it until AFTER he left.”
Tyler looked at Kaori’s hair.
“I KNEW that ribbon would look good in your hair, Kaori.”
Eri noticed it as well now, and felt a grudging admiration for the boy and his gifts.
“Okay, Tyler, you have a FEW points here. What else?”
HE smiled.
“Some thunder toad skin cream. Here, look.”
HE showed her the phot he’d taken from his eyes of Kaori in the doorway. Eri’s heart caught at how beautiful her daughter looked to him in that moment, as the magic was able to capture her appearance to him perfectly. Tyler smiled as he kissed Kaori.
“I may suck at this, but I try.”
Eri sighed now.
“Okay. Just what the hell?”
Kaori smiled proudly.
“Just wait, Mom. You ain’t seen NOTHING yet!”
She sighed.
“Fine. I’ll be patient.”
The party got back to work and headed for the next kill. Tyler smiled as he killed the Tyrant with a well placed arrow. The beast was taken and on they went. The ogre toads were slaughtered next and Tyler looked at Lily.
“I’ll get you half this haul, Lily. That arm is still worrying me.”
“Love you too.”
Eri looked at Kaori who explained the mess in Yalik. She sighed once she heard it.
“Yup. Only Gruven’s son would be so utterly fooled by a pretty face. That bit with him and Lily was adorable though.”
Malico was nearby and smiled.
“Tyler and Lily are siblings with benefits. He loves her fire and ferocity dearly. She loves him like a lover and role model. Plus, well, he loves her trade.”
Eri smiled as she watched Tyler hug the small elven girl for the hell of it.
“It seems he’s the loving big brother type.”
Tyler looked att he bills again.
“Okay, everything except the air elemental, and the Slythnier are dead. Kaori gets the kill on the poor beast, Lily the hide.”
Eri looked at the more experienced one in the party then her, Wulf.
“Why did he give her that one?”
Wulf smiled.
“Kaori is the best horse care giver in Lectis. Period. She is our party’s horse tenderer. I have witnessed her diagnose a tapeworm in a steed two days after it was ingested.”
Eri blinked.
“Kaori’s that good?”
“Better. She’s the best there is when it comes to horses and how to care for them. Plus is our survival expert as well.”
THAT caught her mother by surprise. Kaori dropped back to tell her mother more.
“I spent a lotta summers up at uncle Greg’s cabin mom. He taught me a lot.”
Eri was now just proud of her daughter.
“You’ve grown into a fine lady, Kaori. I’m proud of you.”
She smiled happily as they rode up on the tortured steed. Kaori put it down and had to be held by Tyler for the act as the thing was collected. Last up was the air elemental. The thing just a black cloud floating along the ground. Tyler just looked at it.
“Holy sanctity.”
The thing thundered before dissipating entirely. It left nothing behind and Tyler shrugged.
“Weird creature. Whatever. Eri, we need to set a few rules for Term.”
She rode up for the talk.
“What’s wrong?”
Tyler sighed.
“Look, we’re a marked party for everything we are. In town NO ONE, not even YOU go anywhere without five. I count as four. Sera and Lily even more. The other Warriors are rapists, torturers and predators. Wulf and I unload the loot and get paid as YOU all rest in the palace. We’ll get the next batch of bills for the morning, but, and this is the most important thing, do NOT let your guard down in that town. Understood?”
She sighed.
“I saw the articles. Are they that bad?”
“Worse, Eri, worse. My own family are among them.”
She sighed deeper now.
“Understood, Tyler. Plan for the wave?”
“Once I get a look at the terrain and a look at what we’re fighting, we’ll go from there. But, the general plan is to carve a spot out of the field, set up our wall spells, and kill everything that is NOT our party.”
She smiled.
“I see. Your paths? I’ve seen you cast a few different colors and looking for a straight answer.”
“Blue/white.”
She blinked.
“Damn. A healer defense mage. Scary.”
“Are you a pure red?”
She sighed.
“I’m a red/white. But I prefer the red immensely.”
“Not good enough. We’ll get you loaded with undead and healing spells as well now. More healers is always a good call.”
She nodded sheepishly.
“Agreed. I’m beginning to wonder just HOW we survived our own sets of waves like we did.”
Tyler patted her back reassuringly.
“You had your own plans and they worked for your own problems. Ours are just far more harsh then yours were. That is the only difference.”
She smiled now.
“A wise way to see it. And a way I agree with. Now, before I forget again, camp duties?”
“Just be helpful. I set the defense spells up, but as long as you help to some manner we don’t care.”
“Fair enough. Plans after the first wave?”
“We got a fix on a demon chamber I need to clear, a trip to Dragul to put Valdic Sharpspike on a spike, a two day break in Raylik, then a trip to Cragspire. Beyond that, no plan really.”
She did a little math.
“Ummm, how long do you think it’ll take you to get to Cragspire?”
“We’ll make it in four days.”
Wulf and Kaori looked at each other.
“That actually sounds about right.”
“Yeah. Plus since I know the ground better, we can afford to go a little faster with the horses.”
Eri just looked at him.
“Okay. And the moving of the staging ground?”
Ashy snorted.
“We all know it’ll be Cragspire.”
They laughed at that as Eri slumped.
“Even predicting the waves. Great.”
The walls were seen and Tyler smiled as they went.
“We got a helluva party now.”
They laughed as they rode into town. The trumpets blared as they did whenever the Outcasts rode into town and they headed for the palace. Eri gasped as she saw Kazuma’s cage.
“Okay, Tyler. Fair point.”
They stabled their horses and Tyler led the mother into view of the still ranting boy. Kazuma was smeared from head to foot in foul smelling liquids as even more were thrown at him by the masses. Eri was let through and Kazuma gasped.
“Mom! Get away from him Mom! He’s a monster!”
Eir just looked at her boy.
“I’ve seen the news, Kaz, what happened to my sweet, kind, brightly smiling boy? Rape, torture? You should be ashamed of yourself.”
Kazuma’s eye was twitching at this condemnation as Kaori passed her mother a rotten orange.
“Wanna mom? It’s kinda fun!”
She smiled.
“No thanks. I prefer that pineapple there.”
Kazuma just glared at Tyler as the men laughed.
“Whaddya lookin at ME fer? This yo fuck up!”
Tyler walked away as more fruit was hurled by a smiling Kaori and Eri before the group walked up the palace steps into the building. Axe was talking with Thorn again, and soon as Lily sighted the elven maid, she marched over and all but dragged her to her bed chamber.
“We need to have a chat.”
Sera was shuffling her feet shyly as Axe came over to pat her kindly.
“She’s nice Sera. Plus kind too.”
He was nearly throttled for his efforts and Tyler smiled.
“Yo Axe, try these on for size.”
HE took the silver gauntlets and put them on. HE smirked as they glowed to form spiked gloves in the style of a street fighter.
“Oh I like these. Okay, you’re just above the floor.”
Tyler smiled.
“Moving up in the world!”
Wink lost it as Axe snorted.
“Jackass.”
They left the strong boy to his tasks as Tyler spotted a nervous Ishtar by a pillar.
“Hey, Ishtar! Fireball’s hit!”
HE gulped as he was seen by Eri, and she burst out laughing.
“It’s been a while Fishy! The hell is up with that beard?”
She hugged her friend and he sighed with relief.
“I’m happy you’re in a good mood Eri. It’s wonderful to see you.”
She snorted as she jabbed a thumb at Tyler.
“Guy runs a tight camp. Was nearly already drowned once today. Not looking for a repeat.”
Tyler smiled at that.
“Best way to put out a fire? Dump water on it. Or if you’re me, the ocean.”
Tyler looked at Wulf,
“Let’s get paid and see about the next batch. Everyone else, go relax till the next crisis or mess.”
They laughed as he went with the elven ranger. Eri went with her daughter for a mother daughter chat not a soul wanted to be a part of. First stop was the guild for the bills. Ruby was itting in her booth and he laid them out. She smiled.
“Your total this time is 505 gold, 340 silver. The air elemental came with the white spell Air Purify. It makes toxic air safe to breathe.”
Tyler smiled as he got the payment.
“Thanks Ruby. We’ll get tomorrow’s batch after.”
She smiled happily as the two men left. They walked into the exchange and Tyler smiled as he looked at Wulf. He gave him the pouch of slime and 15 gold.
“You know the place.”
The Ranger bolted as Tyler placed another few veins of blood platinum on Minus’ scale.
“I love you too.”
“Love too!”
HE smiled as Wulf came back with another pouch.
“She said we’re doing it right. 30 of each.”
Tyler placed another six of each cream on the scale and Minus and Vulpix were heard laughing before they went to get paid again. Mya led them to the scales and sighed as they unloaded.
“Ya keep this up ya just might ruin the markets! I can give you 1343 gold, 44 silver, 77 copper.”
“Thanks.”
They went to Bark’s yard now and the foremen laughed.
“Let’s see what ya got this time!”
HE nodded as he saw the material.
“Not bad. I’ll give you 324 gold, 22 silver, 88 coppers.”
“Good deal Bark.”
The last bit was the bank. Gold was smiling as the two men loaded the slabs.
“Queen Minus looks beautiful.”
He smiled at her.
“Yes you do. Love too.”
She sighed happily as she looked at the ore.
“Hmm, how does 2354 gold and 55 silvers sound?”
“like a good deal.”
Wulf stayed for the conversion as after they were getting the morning batch of bills. Rune was waiting and smiled as she led them to the room.
“Let’s see how much it is this time.”
Tyler took out the pouch and she shook her head.
“Duly noted. Let’s get started.”
He dumped the coppers in first and Rune looked at the total.
“Okay, 69,198 silver, 5 coppers.”
Tyler tilted his head.
“13,840. Sound good?”
She waited for the magic to do the math and smiled.
“Agreed. That’s a total of 55,358 silvers.”
Tyler added them to the silver before dumping them in next.
“That makes 32,921 gold, 63 silver. How does 6,585 gold sound?”
Tyler smiled.
“Fair. That nets us 26,336 gold. Thanks Rune.”
The two men found Whisper in the hall looking at bills with the rest of the party when they walked in. Wink fluttered over to sit on his sword hilt as Eri was looking a little intimidated by the bills they’d found thus far. Kaori gave them to Tyler.
“Okay let’s see. Wanted, clearing of dagon castle. Reward is 250 gold. Creatures inside unknown. Good find, Shadow. Next up is another bandit stronghold. Reward is 75 gold, good, last is the retaking of Vern keep. From a horde of orcs. I like the sound of that. Reward is 150 gold. Hey, Wulf, usual head count for a horde?”
HE smiled.
“About 500 creatures. How old’s that bill?”
He looked.
“Three weeks. Guess they’re comfy up there.”
A runner came in next.
“I seek the Outcast!”
Tyler smiled.
“Aye lad, I be Outcast.”
The lad handed him a sealed letter.
“The King Sirrah!”
Tyler gave him a solid gold.
“Thanks lad, watch for idiots.”
“You too!”
He sped off as Tyler looked at the letter with the party making a body shield.
“It’s ready. We’re waiting on you to make a scene!”
He grinned.
“Let’s hurry this up. We got a scene to make!”
They laughed as Eri looked at Erica.
“Okay, just what the HELL?”
The queen just patted her friend.
“Wait an see.”
Tyler was looking at the board when Kaori was heard going,
“Oh hello.”
He looked as she brought him a bill.
“Wanted: destruction of a Tyrant clan. Reward 900 gold. Kaori, I love you.”
Whisper laughed.
“A clan has up to 20 Tyrants. Should be a fun one.”
“I love fighting tyrants.”
Eri just gaped as Ruby came up now.
“That has an update, Tyler.”
He smiled at her.
“How precious is the Ruby word?”
The guild applauded as Eri looked at Lyrica impressed.
“Damn that was smooth!”
The succubus shrugged.
“He does that all the time.”
Ruby smiled as she addressed him.
“The Tyrant clan bounty was raised to 1250 due to they having killed the last 50 adventurers.”
“We’ll get em. Tyrants are a special kinda fun.”
Lucy came over then.
“Got one fer a goblin clan.
“goblins?”
Even Eri shuddered at the sudden twist to absolute HATRED and rage Tyler was now giving off as he glared at the bill for the things.
“Reward is 50 silver. MINE.”
He put the bill away as The blonde mother looked at a sad faced Kaori.
“Where the hell did that come from?”
Her daughter sighed.
“Sallie was killed by goblins. Here, I’ll tell it.”
Sera came over with a few bills.
“These look fun.”
Tyler smiled as he looked.
“Wanted: killing of a plains wraith party. Reward 10 gold. Those were tigers, right?”
She nodded.
“Yup! They got really comfy fur!”
“We’ll load up then. Next is a bill for a Gilla Toad. Reward is 4 gold.”
Sera smiled shyly.
“Their slime is used to make the eyes brighter and more vibrant.”
He looked at her, mildly surprised.
“That can be done? Damn! We got anymore of these?”
She blushed.
“There’s like ten toads in a group.”
He hugged her.
“We’ll hook you up right sis.”
She smiled as she hugged her brother.
“Love you too.”
He let her go to look at the last one.
“last one is….huh. a diahorn. Wulf?”
The ranger laughed.
“Twin headed Gildhorn.”
“Nifty. Rewards 95 silver.”
“Hey, Tyler? I got a weird one.”
Eri had a look of sad pity on her face as Tyler talked to Sera. She sighed as she looked at her daughter.
“He’s become a spirit dad.”
Kaori smiled proudly.
“Yup. I’m a spirit mother. We love those two girls dearly. Wanna get sent to hell in a bucket? Try and touch em.”

Tyler walked over to Serafina at the word weird.
“What up me wraith?”
The pretty wraith passed him the bill.
“Here.”
He looked at it.
“Wanted: slaying of a were bunny clan. Were bunnies? What the hell?”
Wulf laughed as Whisper came over to look at it.
“They’re a race of Weres that become rabbits. It’s a hereditary thing. That said, they’re completely feral creatures. They’re hunted for their pelts which put even fennec fur to shame. Rewards 25 gold? We’re looking at thirty bunnies. Should be a fun one.”
“Ya gonna go fang on em?”
She smiled eagerly now/
“Oh my stripes that’s a great idea!”
Tyler smiled.
“Next time we have to kill a werewolf I want you to kill it with tiger fang.”
Ashy laughed.
“Now that’s a fight I’d PAY to see!”
The party laughed as Whisper smiled darkly now.
“With claws.”
He kissed her.
“Love you too.”
She smiled and had to double check to make sure he didn’t steal anything from her, and laughed.
“Patience, Outcast.”
He smiled as he looked at the bills thus far.
“We got one for Dagon Castle, another bandit stronghold, an orc horde, a Tyrant clan, goblins, a clan of werebunnies, a Gilla toad, diahorn, A plains wraith party, and a retaking of a keep. Okay, keep looking.”
Eri just looked at her daughter.
“Are you insane?”
“We all are. Tyler got one for another golem!”
“Great. There’s the pancaker I was looking for. What’s the payout?”
“10 gold.”
“That works.”
Wulf pulled one down.
“I got one for A Fire Mare.”
Tyler and Ashy looked over.
“Like a flaming horse?”
The ranger smiled.
“Exactly. A spirit of fire to be exact. They’re very rare but, if you kill them, their strength of spirit and fire gets added to the mount of your choice. And since Kaori’s glaring daggers at me, NO it does NOT hurt them. It’s giving ruby armor to a red path.”
The blonde horse expert huffed.
“It hurts our mounts, Wulf, I’ll take out of YOUR hide. Understood?”
HE gulped.
“Understood. Reward is 25 gold.”
Tyler smiled.
“We’ll let Kaori handle that one, Wulf.”
“Agreed.”
Eri was loving her daughter laying the law down as Tyler pulled down another poster.
“Got one for a Nidhogg. That a giant serpent?”
Wulf smiled.
“It is. Think a snake the size of that last dragon.”
“Nifty. Reward’s 45 gold.”
Ruby spoke up now.
“That one got increased to 65 due to it killing the last party that went after it.”
“Thanks Ruby.”
“Hey, Tyler, we got a call for healers here.”
Wink came fluttering up and passed him the bill.
“Healers needed at the village of Tork. Reward is 35 silver. Ruby?”
She sighed sadly.
“They were attacked by a Tyrant. The beast got away and the town was hit hard. The bill for it is here.”
Tyler sighed.
“150 gold. Send the silver back and get word to the village the Outcasts are headed top them in the morning.”
“Will do.”
Tyler did a bill check.
“We got a bandit stronghold, a castle to take, an orc horde, GOBLINS, a Tyrant clan, a plains wraith party, a golem, werebunnies, a Gilla toad, a single Tyrant, a Nidhogg, a fire mare, a healer call, a keep to retake, a diahorn, and that it so far. Hmm, one more large scale and we’ll have our morning raid.”
Eri gulped as she looked at Erica.
“That’s just ONE raid?”
Lily snorted at her.
“Lazy old lady. Welcome to the Outcasts.”
Eri went through like ten different emotions in 5 seconds, infuriated rage, anger, humiliation, more rage, indignation, irritation, and finally settled on outrage.
“Hey! Watch your tone young elf!”
Lily laughed at her.
“Make me. I dare you.”
Eri took a step forward, intent on teaching Lily the proper way to speak to her elders, except Lily just flicked a dagger at her, which was blocked with an arm. Eri then found herself on her knees from a well placed tap with a hammer before feeling the edge of Lily’s Additite sword on her throat. Kaori sighed.
“Mom. Don’t make Lily mad, okay? She’s not as…..forgiving as we are.”
Lily snorted.
“Momma don’t take no shit from anyone! Her daughter takes even less!”
Tyler chuckled at the look of shock on Eri’s face.
“Lily’s MY apprentice, Eri. Piss her off and she WILL make it hurt. A lot. Ya proved yer point, Lily.”
The elf girl let her go and walked over for a hug as Eri rubbed her throat.
“Okay, duly noted. She’s tough.”
Tyler snorted now himself.
“Bitch please, Lily’s the toughest and fiercest on the damned team.”
The party smiled as Eri learned that lesson the hard way.
“Yikes, Tyler. I’ll try an remember that.”
Tyler nodded as lily spotted one bill.
“Hey, that one there’s for a Warg clan. Says the reward is 2 gold.”
Wulf smiled.
“For a reward like that? We’re looking at 120 pairs.”
“We got our raid. Let’s go see Ishtar now. Eri? Try an keep up.”
They laughed as they headed to see the king as the blonde mother just groaned.
“They’re not people! They’re machines!”
Tyler walked into the throne room to find Ishtar smiling by the throne.
“Ready to present the newest dragonslayer?”
Tyler passed his HUD over.
“Sure.”
His eyes went wide as he saw that Tyler had killed SIX dragons. Then he laughed.
“Fair enough. Let’s go.”
Ishtar led Tyler and the party higher into the palace to a set of double doors. The king threw them open and Tyler was looking at the masses of Term with various magically created screens of different towns looking at him. HE smiled as he saw one for one town,
“Hi Melly!”
He watched the small sister to Sera just start jumping for joy as he gave her a cross Vernillion shoutout as Ishtar took the balcony.
“Citizens of Vernillion, our newest dragonslayer! Tyler the Outcast!”
The crowds burst out cheering as Tyler walked out and breathed the flames of each kill. Ishtar smiled.
“Now, for the proof!”
Tyler placed his hand on a ball and the number of dragons killed were seen. The crowds went silent as they saw he’d killed SIX dragons alone. Tyler chuckled.
“I’m good at this shit.”
The crowds just went wild as they saw the irrefutable proof of his killing of six dragons. Tyler looked at the Raylik screen and smiled.
“I see you Yoko! We’ll be back soon enough!”
He smiled as he saw the raccoon girl just start tearing up as he singled her out. Ishtar smiled as he looked at Tyler.
“Would you like to say a few words to the masses?”
“Oh shit here we go again. Oh, right, STILL a different town.”
The crowds laughed as he drew Gliepnir and planted it point in the stone of the balcony as he looked at the crowds.
“well, I’ve killed six dragons. Now what?”
They lost it at the logic of that simple statement. Tyler smiled as he let them calm down.
“When I got here, all I was concerned with was keeping that bastard pope away from Kaori. I’d say I accomplished that goal. Now, we have the first wave in fifteen days. Since the other Warriors are useless we’ll do most a the heavy lifting. No biggee really, as me and me party LOVE a good rampage. Just hope the thing puts up a proper fight!”
He got a few roars for that as he looked at his broadsword fondly.
“I’ve killed six dragons with this thing. I’m hailed as a hero across Lectis, and I’m STILL terrified of a certain elf girl with a hammer.”
They laughed as Lily was heard in the background.
“I’m winning this fight.”
“See? People look at me as a white knight, and that is BULLSHIT! Scale trial or no Scale trial! I am not a WHITE KNIGHT DAMMIT!”
The crowds were laughing at his offendedly indignant tone of exasperation as he once again mourned the loss of his dark persona. He chuckled.
“I lead a party of beauties and whatever Wulf is,-“
“You talking an awful lot of shit for a guy with a thousand foot drop in front of him.”
“Seriously, why? I breath fire for kicks, me sister’s a royal princess, and NOT YOU YA HEFFER! Sera, c’mere.”
He hugged the girl as his whale of a sister was infuriated at the insult. Sera giggled as she hugged her brother.
“She’s nothing but a barrel o lard big brother! Even trolls run from that nastiness!”
The crowds were laughing hard at Sera’s cutely voiced insults as the whale cast a spell to try and hit her. The pair watched as the green poison spell came up from the crowd, and not even reach a third up the height before dropping back into the crowd to hit the palace wall. Tyler and Sera looked at each other in mild surprise.
“Wow, Sera, it hit the wall.”
“Was expecting it to miss, since it can’t aim worth a damn.”
“Right? Half tempted to have the best shot in the party make a point.”
She grinned.
“Can I?”
HE sighed sadly.
“Be a waste of a dragon shaft.”
She snorted at that and Tyler just hugged her.
“Atta girl!”
The crowds now had a bemused expression as Tyler looked at them again.
“Sera’s learning from the worst to be the best! Fucked up sense a humor included!”
There was a collective groan from those that knew as Tyler relocated his train of thought.
“Where was I going with this? Oh yeah. I have the strength of ages, and yet all I wanted to do was protect Kaori and put a smile on her face. Yet, in doing so, I wound up here talking to you people. Weird place Lectis. That said, WHEN THE WAVES COME, THEY BETTER BRING A FRIEND! THE OUTCASTS STAND READY TO HALT THE WAVES DEAD IN THEIR TRACKS! COME HELL, DRAGON OR ANGRY LILY! WE WILL NOT FALL! WE WILL NOT FALTER! WE WILL WIN!”
He breathed his flames as the crowds roared in a single throated fury at the force in his words. Tyler smiled as he breathed a full powered flame of blue making the crowds go wild as he hopped up and let his blue dragon wing cloak be seen, as he cast his azure wave spell which sent a rainbow over the sector as he breathed his flames again. Then he hopped back onto the balcony and headed back inside where Eri was looking at him with awe.
“What the hell kid?”
He patted her,
“I’m kinda good at this shit.”
She just laughed as Ishtar and Erica shook their heads.
“The city is going to have a massive party tonight.”
“Oh hells yeah. After THAT speech? I wanna go pick a fight with something big!”
Tyler looked at Lyrica,
“Ready toots?”
Wink was on his sword hilt as the blood haired succubus had stars in her eyes.
“Oooh PLEASE!”
Tyler took her arm and they walked off as Kaori looked at Malico,
“Let’s get Lily, Malico. Kinda looking for some fun.”
Vixen smiled as she looked at Whisper.
“I’m warm.”
Eri leered at Erica as Wulf was grabbed by Ashy, Serafina was eyed by Thistle making the poor wraith squeak, Lucy had the eye of a tall elven maid, Sera was walking with a gently smiling Thorn, Lillia had Sasha and Lupa cuddling her as the outcasts got their bed mates. Ishtar was left alone in the hall and just groaned.
“Damned beauty thief!”
Tyler closed the door to the bedchamber as Lyrica and Wink stripped naked.
“I’ve been ACHING for this!”
The sprite was already breathing hard as Tyler joined them naked in the bed.
“I’m hungry again!”
He smiled as he slid into the small lady.
“I’ll fill you up, Wink. Lyrica too.”
She moaned as the ride began and she got her first heavy cream before Lyrica was filled. The succubus loving every second as her lover loved her hard and well.
“I love you, Tyler!”
The trio got their creams and orgasms before laying in the bed recovering from the sex. Wink was resting on his chest like a cat as Lyrica was resting on his arm. Sallie and Sylvia appeared applauding the fine show before joining them in the bed. Sallie cuddling up to Wink on his chest as Sylvia entrenched herself in Lyrica’s breasts. The red headed devilgirl looked at him now curiously.
“Sooo, WHO is Rias?”
He laughed.
“Wanna see?”
She nodded and they spent the next few hours watching his favorite devilgirl lead her board. Lyrica was entranced by Rias’ imperious demeanor, her beauty, power and will to protect those she loved. Tyler smiled as they finished the first twelve episodes and she kissed him.
“I remind you of THAT beauty?”
He hugged her.
“Every time I look at you, Lyrica.”
She just sighed happily.
“I found the one I’D give a Bloodstone to. I love you, Tyler.”
He kissed her.
“I love you, Lyrica.”
She smiled and got more comfy as he noticed something.
“What happened to your wings?”
She smiled and they appeared from her back before vanishing into it again.
“I can make them appear and disappear at will. I can’t fly with them, more glide, but yeah.”
He kissed her again as wink was sound asleep, her sex-filled day leaving her exhausted as Sallie was cuddled into her arms and wings. Sylvia was also asleep in Lyrica’s warm chest as Tyler smiled.
“Good night, Lyrica. I love you.”
She sighed.
“Good night, Tyler, I love you too.”
DAYS UNTAIL WAVE: 14


Tyler opened his eyes to see Lyrica soundly sleeping beside him. I just slept with the real life Rias Gremory! He smiled as he looked down and saw Wink cuddling Salle and Sylvia in her wings and arms. Cute. Sallie opened her blue eyes and smiled happily.
“Morning daddy!”
HE smiled as she came up to hug him.
“Morning sparkles. Sleep well?”
She rubbed her face in his scarred chest like a cat.
“Wink and Lyrica are very warm! Plus her wings are like blankets!”
HE smiled as Lyrica opened her golden eyes with a yawn.
“Morning Lyrica.”
HE kissed her and she sighed.
“Morning love.”
Wink was next to wake, earning her a warm kiss from Tyler and Lyrica.
“Morning Wink. Ready for the bath?”
The sprite smiled eagerly.
“And my filling!”
HE smiled as he hugged her.
“Sure, Wink.”
The spirits returned to spirit form as Lyrica headed for her own bath as Tyler soaked in his with Wink. The sprite floating in the water on her wings as Tyler watched smiling.
“Kinda nice having a sprite around, Wink.”
She smiled at her Soul over her own large breasts.
“It’s nice being around you.”
He loved her look.
“So, can you feel my soul?”
She chuckled.
“I can. It feels very warm and full of loving lust for me. Which is what we sprites long to feel.”
He reached over stroked her cheek, making her purr like Malico.
“Hungry?”
She smiled as the elven maid twins, Goldi, and Slivi, came in. Tyler smiled at the pair of busty elves as Wink leered at their bodies.
“May we assist you?”
He chuckled.
“Sure ladies. Wink’s feeling a bit empty so be warned.”
They giggled as they stripped and got into the bath with them.
“We’ll just enjoy the show!”
Wink just fitted herself and was riding away as Tyler got spoiled by the elven maids.
“Look, Goldi! That sprite’s gorgeous!”
“Ohhh, look! She’s getting her cream!”
“That IS a lot! What a specimen!”
Tyler and Wink laughed and once cleaned up they headed to the dinning hall to look over bills and eat breakfast. He had the map out with the bills laid around it as he looked at the spots. HE smiled as he saw the two week ribbon blinking in his HUD. He pressed it and it went away. Wink was happily sitting on his leg as she looked at the pile. HE smiled as he saw Eri and Erica come in with flushed faces.
“Morning ladies. Lay well?”
Eri was a little taken aback at the sight of Tyler with the maps and bills out already.
“Erica’s always fun. Now, do you ALWAYS start work so early in the morning?”
He chuckled.
“First up last down. We start work as soon as everyone’s fed and recovered.”
She blinked as Kaori came in with lily and Malico. The blonde daughter getting a kiss from Tyler as she sat next to him.
“We looking good commander?”
He smiled.
“You always look good, Kaori. Even better with that early morning halo.”
She smiled as Eri just nodded.
“He knows his way around a complement. Good boy.”
Tyler looked at her.
“What ya got fer gear, Eri?”
She lifted her shirt and showed off a ruby vest.
“I got a ruby vest, ruby staff, gauntlets, boots, and three booster bands. I looked my HUD over and all my stats are right where they were at the height of my strength.”
Tyler crossed his arms.
“Bow and sword?”
She frowned.
“I always sucked at archery, and I’m lackluster at swordplay.”
HE sighed.
“Not good enough. We’ll get you a ruby/white bow and sword. There is no one trick ponies in MY camp. Wink.”
She looked at him sadly.
“I’m too small to even kill a goblin.”
“I know. That said, poisoned arrows are a powerful force.”
She blinked.
“Okay, good workaround. So, you want me to shoot a few arrows from the air since I can fly?”
He looked at her wings.
“Can you?”
She shrugged with a frown.
“Maybe. Sprites are just too small and fragile physically to really do anything besides cast spells. We’re immune to silence spells though.”
He rubbed her hair as he considered her strengths and weaknesses.
“Hmm, you said you’re a support mage. What about offensive magics?”
She smiled.
“I’m an allrounder mage. I just prefer the support style.”
“We’ll hook you up with some white/pink gear as well, Wink. Plus a bow and sword as well. Better to be ABLE to defend yourself in a pinch then NOT.”
She hugged him.
“I’m sorry. I’ll do my best.”
He rubbed her wings, making her giggle.
“Can’t have my favorite sprite get fluttered, can we?”
She busted up laughing as Kaori smacked him with a look of pain on her pretty face.
“That HURT!”
Tyler smiled.
“Love you too. Oh! Malico, can I see the scroll a sec? I forgot to ask Death a question.”
She passed it to him and he saw the writing.
“What is the new question, Mortal?”
“The undead. We still hunting them?”
It laughed.
“Not per our completed contract, Mortal. You completed the task, and are thus released from the terms.”
“Just reading the fine print, Death. Thanks.”
“Mortal.”
Wink was laughing, and so was the scroll as he teased it a little.
“I’ll see you two soon, Minus, Vulpix.”
They sighed.
“Happy now.”
“Love you too.”
He passed it to Malico as the rest of the party filtered in. Sera wearing a happy, proud smile on her face as she sat on Tyler’s lap. He hugged her as he passed her a small pouch.
“Here’s your hookup.”
She smiled happily.
“Mommy and Auntie Eri already gave me a bunch, but thanks. Thorn’s sweet.”
He hugged her tightly.
“She’s just barely on my shitlist outta principle.”
Sera hugged him with hug death.
“She said if she WASN’T on your shitlist, you’d be on hers!”
He hugged her tighter.
“Atta girl.”
Tyler saw Erica’s subtle thumbs up, and he just smiled as he let Sera go. He looked at the bills and tapped the village.
“We hit this one first. Throw my healing spells around before we kill the tyrant. Of note is the castle. We have no idea what’s waiting in there, so heads on a swivel. We got a few good rampages today, so watch yourselves. Any thoughts, concerns, Eri?”
The blonde mother snorted at him.
“Ya think I’m a joke?”
“You? Kaori’s mother? Not even close. More, veteran asskicker.”
She nodded approvingly.
“Nicely saved.”
“Like Malico’s tail. Nicely saved and even better kept.”
HE got a kiss from the busty catgirl as Eri looked at Kaori.
“He healed Malico’s tail with divine resurgence when we first met.”
“Ah.”
Tyler looked at the pile.
“We got a castle, a keep, a Tyrant clan, a lone tyrant, GOBLINS, another golem, a keep to claim, an orc horde, a diahorn, werebunnies, a plains wraith party, a Nidhogg, a fire mare, a warg clan, and a Gilla toad. Alright, We set?”
The girls and Wulf nodded.
“Outcasts move out. Eri, Wink, we’ll go visit a friend and get your gear situated.”
Eri gulped.
“I’m in over my head here.”
They laughed as Kaori patted her mother comfortingly.
“Step up then.”
Tyler, Eri and Wink passed Kazuma’s cage as a water mage drenched him in a water spell, and Tyler grinned wickedly.
“Frozen breath.”
He breathed a cone of arctic air into the cage, setting Kazuma to shivering as they walked by laughing.
“I could not pass that up!”
The blonde boy was ranting through chattering teeth as the Outcast laughed. Eri just shook her head as they walked.
“That was just evil.”
“Makes a point though.”
She sighed.
“Feels wrong though. Seeing my son like that.”
“I was all for just killing the bastard, but Kaori’s a lot nicer then I am.”
That got a smile.
“That sounds about right. She’s grown into a fine woman.”
“And an even better partner. You haven’t even seen HALF of what she truly is here in Lectis, Eri. Just wait till we’re on the road again.”
She smiled proudly at the tone of clear admiration in his voice for her daughter.
“Just remember to not put her on a pedestal.”
“She is MY number 1 priority in Lectis, Eri. You haven’t heard the full tale of what happened after you came here. In our world, well, our lives weren’t happy ones.”
She sighed sadly.
“She’s told me a few stories. And they broke my heart for the pair of you. I also got told of the divine decree. Still gonna kick Craig in the balls for that Nanny though.”
Tyler patted her.
“Look, Eri, they push it, then fuck the rules and send them to hell in a bucket.”
She looked at him a little shocked.
“The wave would be stronger!”
“We’re Outcasts for a reason, Eri. We do not need the places we go to even LIKE us. You try us we WILL kill you. And I will NOT let ANYONE endanger the survival of the ones I love. Got a problem? Find your horse.”
She blinked at the stand, then smiled sheepishly.
“I’m sorry, Tyler. I’m still adjusting to following the lead of one with a spine of frozen steel. Gruven was our party leader, and believed following the rules was a good plan. It was for the most part, but we did get into a few tight spots because of it too.”
Tyler smiled and passed his HUD over.
“You’ll get your chance to rant soon enough.”
She looked at it curiously, and gasped.
“Death Speech?”
She looked at him with a fury now.
“And WHEN were you going to tell me?”
“When it was recharged. Look.”
She did, and saw it was still in cooldown.
“Says it’ll be ready for use by lunch.”
“We’ll be back in the city before then. You’ll only get twenty minutes and I hold the kill switch. But yeah.”
She sighed.
“Why?”
He looked at her curiously.
“Ya know context makes a world a difference.”
Wink laughed as Eri looked at him with gleaming green eyes.
“Why would you waste your ability to let me speak to him? He’s YOUR father!”
Tyler shrugged.
“You’d actually get something from it. I was never bothered by my killing of him, or really having a father period. Death itself granted this Boon, and I’m grateful and all, but I just don’t have any dead I want to talk to.”
Eri sighed.
“You’re a hard and unyielding man, Tyler the Outcast. Kaori could not have made a finer choice with her heart.”
“You say that now, then you realize just how batshit insane I am.”
She smiled.
“Well thank heaven for that, cause otherwise this’d probably never work!”
“Eri, I fucking love you! Hey, we got a last secret for camp to let you in on.”
She smiled as he showed her his HUD and she saw the music and video tab before he closed it.
“Kid.”
“Trail.”
“Anything good?”
“A few here an there.”
She grinned, then felt the need to make a point.
“Just to be clear? If yer looking to bed me too, ya gonna have to WORK fer it!”
“Like those kinda good looks are just HANDED to the masses. I’m sure I can figure out something to earn a night in YOUR heavenly bliss!”
Eri shuddered as Wink applauded slowly for the wordplay. Tyler smiled at the blonde mother as she looked at him with a little fear now.
“Okay, kid. Fair enough. My heart hasn’t pounded like that in over a hundred and fifty years. I’m a little worried now.”
“Why? What could such a near peerless beauty like yourself have to worry about?”
She shivered now.
“I am NOT getting bedded in an alley!”
“Oh perish the thought! You? A mere gutter lay? No! Such a thing of utter joy and warmth is best experienced in the confines of a sealed bedchamber with a few scented flowers. Of course, no matter WHAT beautiful things decorate the room, as soon as YOU walk in, they pale in comparison.”
Poor Eri was breathing hard now! Wink was just gaping in awe at his on-the-fly eloquent flattering teasing. Tyler smiled at Kaori’s mother as she recovered from the attack on her poor heart.
“Okay, Tyler. You win. Kaori’s going to be impressed you managed to seduce her mother with a few honeyed words.”
“Kaori’s perfection itself.”
Eri smiled and kissed him warmly.
“I’ll be a patient MILF.”
“I’ll be an eager lover.”
She sighed.
“Yup. You the better man then your father.”
“Bar’s on the floor. Kinda have to pick it up ya know?”
She smiled.
“I do indeed. Well played kid. Ya got her mother looking for a ride now.”
He smiled as they walked into Burlock’s shop. The burly smith laughed as Tyler walked in.
“Me boy, that was a fine speech! Ya-oh shit.”
His face lost all it’s color as Eri’s unmistakable blonde hair was seen. Tyler smiled at the now terrified big man.
“Need to outfit a new recruit, Burlock.”
Eri smiled as she flicked her hair.
“Been a while Burlock. How’s the hammer?”
He looked at Tyler, back to Eri’s smile, and back like ten times before just busting out laughing.
“It be good, Eri! C’mere gal!”
He hugged her as the friends reunited as Tyler kissed Wink just because he could. Burlock smiled widely now.
“Ya running with yer girl too?”
Eri nodded.
“It’s what I’ve always longed for, Burly. Running in the same party with her is a dream come true.”
The man looked at Tyler now.
“You have a truly fearsome party, Tyler. Okay, what’s the order now?”
“A red white gem bow and sword, a few booster bands of the same color, and a set of red and white daggers for Eri, some pink and white greaves, bracers, boosters, a bow, sword, and vest for Wink here, Annnd, hmm. We need a few more rally whistles for the newbies.”
Wink flicked a wing.
“I’ve got a few in me shop. Plus Sprites can craft magic items rather easy.”
“Waiiit, you craft too?”
She blinked.
“Umm, yeah. It’s a Sprite talent.”
“We’ll need to have an in depth talk on that one Wink. It what we need, you’ll join Lily in camp craftsman as well.”
She smiled as Burlock jotted down the numbers.
“I be needing 250 rubies, 350 diamonds, and 150 pearls.”
Tyler placed twice the number on the counter, and Eri blinked.
“Ummm, a little overboard, don’t ya think?”
Tyler smiled.
“We’re putting our lives into the gear. So, quality.”
She looked at Burlock a little shocked.
“Does he always do this with his orders?”
The man laughed heartily.
“every time Little Eri. Watch. The leftover?”
“Hmm, more booster bands. We have a few red paths in the party that can use a good buff.”
Wink laughed as Eri sighed.
“I feel inadequate now.”
Burlock sighed.
“He does that, Eri. Okay, Tyler, the total be 985 gold, 45 silver, 88 coppers.”
HE placed 986 gold on the counter.
“Math sucks, remember?”
He laughed again.
“I’ll have it ready by the time ya get back.”
“Alright. Come ladies, we got hell to raise!”
The trio walked out to see Kaori waiting with the rest of the party on their horses. Eri blinked at the clockwork team.
“Umm, hi.”
Tyler smiled as he swung up onto Thunder.
“Let’s move, Toots. I want to reach that village in an hour or less.”
Eri just climbed onto her unicorn as Lily got on Thunder with Tyler. They moved towards the front gate as Lily got comfy.
“How you feeling this morning, Lily?”
She smiled and pressed into his chest.
“Fine, thank you. More wantin to be near you.”
He hugged her tightly as Kaori busted up laughing as her mother told her of her new ache.
“Dammit, Tyler! Couldn’t wait to see if she’s as good as me?”
Tyler smiled at his love.
“More curious to see if good fun runs in the family. We all know YOU’RE the best edition Kaori!”
Eri just nodded.
“Well said! Again!”
Kaori smiled proudly.
“He knows, Mom. Trust me.”
Tyler looked at Ashy now.
“You forgive him?”
She grinned as Wulf gulped.
“For now.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Atta girl.”
Wulf just sighed.
“Eloquent bastard.”
The party thundered out to the village at a full gallop as Kaori was now well versed in the terrain. The village was a mess when they rode up. A few buildings had been torn open as the Tyrant had sought o gain access to the people inside, some had been demolished in it’s rampage. Tyler was approached by a few tired men as he dismounted.
“Be ya the Outcasts?”
Tyler smiled as he faced them.
“Aye. I be Tyler the Outcast. Outcasts! Ya know the drill!”
The party went to work with a will as Tyler and Wink were shown by the grateful villagers to the makeshift hospital. Tyler smiled as he clapped his hands.
“Divine care!”
He cast his large area spell as Wink added her own high level healing spell.
“Hallowed Healing!”
They blanketed the building in the mass healing before going over each person one by one with even more high magics, healing every scratch. Tyler and Wink clinked mana potions before moving to the next task as Tyler used his strength to clean the road of debris as Wink cast strength boosting spells on the other party members as the mess was cleaned up. The village leader came over with a small bag of coin,
“The reward, Lords. We cannot thank you enough.”
Tyler smiled as he placed a bag of 200 gold coins in his hand.
“You need this more an we do.”
They were about to burst into tears when Tyler patted the leader.
“Cry AFTER you put the place back together. We got a beast to kill. Take care!”
They waved farewell as the party rode out after the Tyrant along it’s trail. Eri was impressed by the generosity.
“I’m happy you’re not a greedy bastard, Tyler.”
Kaori smiled.
“we started out with ten gold, Mom.”
Eri smiled then.
“Right. You told me yesterday.”
Tyler had Wink in front of him and was playing with her as she laughed.
“I’ll need to be filled again in town, Tyler.”
He hugged her tightly.
“I’ll fill you in at some point. Maybe, I’ll see if Minus and Vulpix wouldn’t mind making it a larger pile.”
Malico jumped.
“I think they love that idea, as the scroll is moaning now.”
Wink shivered now.
“Oh I love you, Tyler.”
He hugged her as Lupa ran beside his horse in her large wolf form.
“I’ll need to swap forms as well, Tyler. I can’t stay wolf as long as you’d think.”
He frowned.
“How long of a cooldown?”
She looked at him.
“2 hours. Then I can change back into the wolf for another few days.”
He nodded.
“Okay, Lupa, when we get back to the palace, go right to my chamber and take your human form. I’ll put my defense spells up and you don’t leave that room until the two hours are up. Okay?”
She nodded.
“I’m sorry. But the ability got reset when I was freed. Once it’s back to full power I can stay a wolf for weeks at a time with a mere ten minutes in human form.”
He patted her warmly.
“We’ll make it work, Lupa.”
The Tyrant was found and Tyler killed it with a well aimed spear. The party harvested the thing and were off to the next hit. This being the goblin camp. Tyler’s hands were white knuckling the reins as he neared the place as Eri was a little fearful.
“Is he okay?”
Kaori sighed.
“No, Mom. HE’s on the verge of losing it entirely. He’s sworn himself to the utter genocide of the goblin race and hates them to an extreme that is terrifying to see.”
Tyler spoke up now.
“In the event of captives, we have Ishtar send a royal wagon.”
Erica nodded.
“Agreed. Poor souls.”
Tyler drew his staffsword as the party followed to watch another camp of goblins get destroyed. Wulf led Eri to a spot they could see into the camp, and sighed.
“We have captives. Ohh, this is gonna be bad.”
The camp of the vile creatures had about ten women on their vile racks as Tyler’s hell was unleashed.
“Ocean’s fury!”
The entire area was then plunged into the depths of the seas as his spell took control. The captives were unaffected, as the goblins were moved to another area, and dumped in view still breathing as Tyler got a wicked grin now that made Eri shudder. Wulf smiled now as Tyler proceeded to torture the creatures with a sadistic glee as Eri watched from her perch.
“HE’s more of a monster then they are!”
Wulf nodded.
“Never forget that, Eri. Tyler is a monster. As long as we stay his friends we have nothing to fear. Piss him off, or endanger Kaori and the hell comes out to play.”
The last creature died screaming and Tyler walked over to release the wailing ladies.
“Just kill us! Please, no more, no more.”
“Momma, please, I want my momma!”
“Please, just let me die. It hurts too much!”
Tyler laid the ten women, ages ranging from a mere 10 years to twenty, on the ground as they opened their legs expecting more pain,
“The Outcast has found you. Divine Care.”
The ladies just sobbed heartbrokenly as Tyler and Wink rained healing spell, after healing spell upon them. Tyler pulled his coin.
“Ishtar.”
The king appeared,
“It is-“
“We need transport for ten goblin captives, Ishtar. Get that royal wagon out with the guard.”
The king nodded.
“It will be there in fifteen minutes or those knights have no business in armor. We shall take those poor souls in as maids under Axe.”
“I’ll have a word with them.”
HE put the coin away as the ladies looked at him in shame from their ordeal.
“Thank you, Lord.”
Tyler lifted his vest and shirt to show his own scars, and they hugged him.
“We understand.”
He then saw one poor girl’s eyes had been popped. He placed his hands on the empty sockets.
“Holy relief.”
The spell cured blindness and when he let her go, she blinked open sparkling green eyes that rivaled even Kaori’s emeralds. The girl gasped as she saw her new look in a polished shield. She was a pale skinned girl of maybe 11 years, with long black hair and delicate features. The addition of her new eyes made her premature cuteness into premature beauty as the green gave her a more exotic look. She hugged him.
“Thank you. I can see!”
He hugged her tightly as the pile was ready for burning. He looked at the sky,
“We got another pile Furiosa.”
The green dragon landed and the freed captives were awestruck at the sight of the forest queen. She sighed with pity as she saw them.
“You poor souls. You’re save now.”
Tyler got the scales and Furiosa set the pile on fire as the royal knights entered the field. Tyler helped the captives into the wagon that was escorted by no less then two hundred knights. They were wheeled away under the watchful eye of Axe and Thorn, as the two streetkids had come to oversee their safety personally. Tyler sighed as he looked at Eri.
“I hate them things. Let’s go before I lose it entirely. Again.”
They rode out and Tyler looked at the bills.
“Okay, I need to have some fun now. The Tyrant clan. That’ll fit the bill!”
Wink busted up laughing as the party groaned in pain. Tyler smiled as the sprite cracked up.
“Hey, Wink, I got one fer ya.”
She smiled as she took a spot in front of him.
“Hit me with it.”
“Sounds like a heavy impact.”
She lost it at that one as he hugged her.
“Okay, that was a good one! Gimme another!”
“I’ll get your next round in a tWINKling miss!”
She was wheezing from that one,
“One more!”
He smiled,
“Hmmm, I PINKy promise to give you a most enjoyable one!”
She was laughing so hard she couldn’t breathe! Tyler was laughing too, when he got a nasty whack from every person in the party. Twice. Eri hit him three times.
“I lost a good fifteen years life from that. Shut up!”
Erica was looking decidedly pale.
“I am so sorry everyone. I never should’ve introduced those two.”
Tyler hugged Wink.
“I love a good bad pun. Hey, last one.”
The sprite smiled.
“Give it to me!”
“Allow me to present you our finest pun, Your Spritelyness.”
She laughed as The party sighed.
“Okay. Ouch.”
Tyler had an idea.
“Hey, Ashy, requests for the road?”
The dirty blonde tilted her head.
“Hmm, oh I know! DXD’s first intro!”
“Praise be to Lyrica!”
Ashy and Kaori smiled as Lyrica sighed.
“I do hope you know your service to the house of Gremory is appreciated my favorite pawn.”
He hit the button and Eri was astounded.
“He got his music?”
Kaori smiled.
“We got my collections of music, movies, shows and video games, HIS collections, and Ashy’s.”
“porn and hentai too!”
“Hey, Tyler, I kinda wanna binge a few sometime.”
“Sure, Ashy. I’m been longing for a good weeb out. We can at the mansion after the wave.”
She smiled widely as Wulf sighed.
“Don’t worry, Wulfy, I’m still yours!”
Tyler smirked.
“Wow, Wulf, had no idea you were so insecure.”
Lily spoke up.
“Uncle Wolf has a major confidence issue.”
“Must come from knowing what’s looking at him in the mirror.”
Lily was nodding sagely.
“I heard from Momma it broke once when he looked in it.”
“Wow. I can see that, but damn.”
“You two DO remember I can hear you, right?”
“Oh, there you are Wulf.”
“I like it when he’s quiet.”
“Me too. Weird when he talks.”
Eri was laughing hard as Wulf sighed.
“Oh, hello indignation. Where’ve you been?”
The blonde mother was wheezing at that as Erica came up beside her.
“See?”
“Even his bullying is the same!”
Tyler and Lily looked at her.
“It’s just Wulf.”
“Nothing TOO special.”
The ranger just accepted his pain silently as the rest of the party smiled at the ribbing. The Tyrant clan was a good bit of fun as Tyler and the party corralled them using Vixen’s illusion spells to keep them under control as the arrows brought them down. The things were collected and off they went. Eri finding the pace easier to manage even after merely half a day at their rate. She looked at Erica incredulously.
“I just joined up and already feel stronger. The hell?”
The queen laughed.
“That’s how it is in the Outcast camp, Eri. High risk even higher rewards.”
Tyler was looking at the bills.
“Next up is the horde in that keep. Let’s hit it together. Should be a fun rampage.”
They laughed as they reached the place. The stone keep was an imposing structure built in a square box shape. Tyler looked at it and smiled.
“We’ll kick the front door in. Eri, try an keep up.”
She snorted as Sasha and Lupa growled excitedly. The party walked up to the front gate and got spotted by a few lookouts, and tyler smiled.
“Oh, this just got FUN!”
He laughed as the portcullis and gates were barred as arrows started to fall, only for a spell from Wink to send the barbed shafts into the dirt as Tyler reached the doors.
“Ice dragon.”
He froze the gates solid before pulled Oblivion and Oathkeeper. He smiled as he breathed fire next,
“Sky dragon roar!”
The door exploded and he was inside with the party as the masses of orcs tried to repel them with a pathetic excuse for a shield wall.
“Knock knock FUCKS! Roiling Surf!”
The surge spell sent a wall of water smashing into the things, knocking them off balance as the rest of the party swung weapons and fired arrows. Eri having joined Vixen and Lyrica to send fire and blasts into the orc ranks as Sera and Ashy fired arrows from the front gate felling two to three bests a shaft. Lucy was wielding her demon greatsword to scythe creatures down four at a time as Thistle swung her axe in unison to Lucy’s sweeps. The two powerful ladies building a pile of bodies at their feet as Sasha and Lupa tore by to take creatures in the fangs. The husky and wolf spirit using their great speed and agility to raise hell, passing Kaori and Erica back to back as the two beauties matched sword swings, killing everything that they touched. Wulf was working with Lily to build a tower of dead orcs to the sky between them. Serafina was seen dancing in the shadows throwing poison clouds and leaving the more leaderlike orcs full of stab wounds as Malico flowed beside her, matching the wraith dagger for dagger. Whisper was wielding her new broadsword, and the pile of bodies behind her showed her skill. Wink was fluttering around casting spells that either aided the outcasts, or made life miserable for the orcs as the Sprite’s support magic made Lucy’s swings faster, Serafina harder to detect, Lily less of a threat, or Sera’s shots more powerful. Tyler was doing his thing carving his way up to the command room. HE booted the door in and found himself looking at a 9 foot tall demon with red skin, black horns, and red eyes. Tyler blinked.
“Wow. Been a while since I’ve seen a lesser rage demon. Hey! Tempesta, got one for ya!”
The fell beast rushed Tyler, desperate to kill him before the dragon arrived, only for the blue dragon to pluck the thing into the sky as soon as it set foot outside.
“And here I thought we got them all!”
“Always more idiots, big blue!”
The dragon laughed as Tyler spun around and booted a charging orc in the chest, launching it off the ramparts into the courtyard.
“THIS. IS. LECTIS!”
The other Warriors laughed as the orc crushed three beneath it as Tyler worked to clean up the top of the ramparts as the party mopped up the stragglers. The battle took twenty minutes before the last orc was killed. Tyler dropped into the courtyard as his last target fell to get a status.
“How’d we do?”
Sera, Lillia and Lily were panting hard as was Eri, but were unharmed as Wulf gave the word.
“A few cuts and minor hits. Nothing too serious.”
Tyler walked over to the panting girls, they sitting on a well-placed log, for their report.
“Lily?”
She smiled.
“Just need to catch me breath. Me arm’s fine too.”
Eri just looked at him,
“We can rest now, right?”
Tyler chuckled.
“Once the rest of the bills are done.”
Her face went white.
“Oh by the gods. We JUST killed 500 orcs! With 20 people! We keep this up we won’t HAVE anything for the wave!”
The rest of the party just looked at her. Erica and Lyrica were panting as well, but only lightly.
“And just HOW will we get stronger without these fights, Eri?”
The blonde mother looked at her daughter incredulously.
“IS this your NORMAL pace?”
She laughed.
“When we get serious it is. Most part we just screw around. Yes I know what I said.”
Tyler pulled the lady to her feet and put a vitality potion in her hands.
“Either step the fuck up or GET fucked up, Eri. Your life of easy fighting ended when you joined my camp. Now, mount up! Let’s kill that diahorn next! Well, after we loot the place that is.”
The party laughed as Tyler got the scales and horn from Tempesta.
“Thanks big blue. We’re taking an easy day today. So, HOPEFULLY we won’t find any dragons or lich kings.”
The dragon laughed.
“Have fun, Tyler! The hunt is going well too.”
“Any hits?”
The dragon bared his fangs in a dragon smile.
“Plenty. The Fallen are being dragged from holes regularly now and they be mighty entertaining.”
“We’ll get back to our hunt big blue.”
“As will I!”
He flew off and Tyler aided the looting. The party walked away 232 gold, 1,543 silver, 3,435 copper coins richer with a few gems as well. Eri was still panting as she drank a high vitality potion as Sera, Lillia and Lily were breathing easy again. The diahorn was merely a two headed rhino with a blue hide. Tyler dropped it with an arrow and they skinned it. Tyler looked at the remaining bills.
“Okay, the orcs, diahorn, all the tyrants, and the goblins are dead. Village is set as well. Let’s see, we’ll hit the bunnies next. Whisper, be ready to bare fang.”
She smiled widely as they went to hunt the things. Tyler had a thought and looked at Ashy, she grinned.
“I’m thinking it too.”
Eri and Kaori, along with the rest of the party were confused, so Tyler did the impression.
“BE wery, wery, quiet, I’m hunting Wabbits!”
They busted up laughing as Ashy explained to the natives.
“Something from our world. Hey, Tyler!”
“I’ve got the entire collection.”
“Oh FUCK yeah! We’ll just show you at some point. Easiest way to explain.”
“Eeeeh, what’s up doc?”
Ashy was impressed.
“Damn dude. Nice Bugs bunny.”
“Yoooou’re Dissspicable”
Ashy just whistled.
“Nice Daffy too. I didn’t know you did impressions.”
Kaori smiled.
“He’s got a few.”
I tought I taw a puddy cat! I did, I did!”
“Tweedy bird too?”
“I say, now I say, Now I say Did ya hear me Boy?”
“Foghorn leghorn.”
Ashy just looked at Tyler with a new respect.
“Damn. Okay, Tyler. You win.”
“Only one I can’t really do is Porky pig.”
She laughed.
“That stutter is hard. Hey, remember Tom and Jerry?”
“Got them too. Plus old-school scooby doo.”
“Tyler, Kaori, we need to have a classic cartoons night.”
“Agreed.”
“Agreed. Sera will LOVE Scooby.”
The friends nodded as they came up on the spot the bunnies were said to live. Whisper got ready for the shift as Tyler spotted the creatures. In essence? Merely six foot rabbits with fur the color of sand with blood red eyes. There were about thirty bunnies hopping around the plains, and Sera huffed.
“We got some bad bunnies here. Juniper’s bunny is MUCH cuter.”
Whisper went weretiger and the hunt was on. The were bunnies were as smart as actual bunnies, and twice as helpless. They were killed with arrows and tiger fang. Once the last fell, the knives came out, and Tyler was impressed.
“We’re making bedrolls from these things.”
they laughed as the pelts were gathered. Whisper had to rest for a bit as her shift wore off, but one potent vitality potion later she was right as rain. Tyler looked at the next hit.
“Hmm, we’ll hit the toads next.”
Sera smiled excitedly.
“Yay!”
She got a pat from her mother and the ladies in reach as the toads were found and slaughtered. The slime was harvested and they were off to the next hit. Tyler smiled.
“Wargs.”
Eri was popping vitality potions frequently as she strove to keep up with the work ethic of the Outcast party. Wink sighed and hit her with a stamina spell.
“Stallion’s Wind. Lazy board.”
Tyler gulped as he looked over his shoulder, expecting Eri to lose it, only to see her bust up laughing.
“Okay, Sprite. Ya think I’m flat eh?”
Wink sighed and fondled her own little Ds.
“Ya are.”
Eri smirked.
“I tape them down ya rat, since they kinda get in the way. Here. I’ll so you when we stop next.”
Tyler looked at Kaori, and noted her now eager interest at seeing her breastial future. They stopped to ready up for the hunt and Eri removed a few layers of tape from her chest to reveal a rack easily rivaling Ashy’s double Cs. The blonde mother sighed with relief as she let them be free.
“That is so much better.”
Kaori had a look of such relief her mother laughed.
“Ya thought you’d be flat, didn’t you?”
Her daughter sighed.
“Kinda. I heard from Sylvia that Craig was bitching about you padding your chest to sucker him in bed. So, I was kinda worried I peaked.”
Eri sighed as she hugged her daughter.
“You’re just a slow grower like me, Kaori. Hell, yer even bigger then I was at your age. At the time I got pregnant with you, I was maybe the same size. Craig picked a cheap condom brand and I made him marry me to give you a father. HE was always bitter about it too. I was planning to outright divorce him once you two were old enough to see it yourselves. Then Lectis came calling.”
Kaori looked at her mother.
“I was an accident?”
“No!”
Tyler came up now to hug her hard.
“you are NOT an accident, Kaori. You are nothing but a good thing in ANY world you set foot in. Son as you do, it becomes just that much better. I love you. Don’t EVER say you’re anything less then amazing. Okay?”
She gasped at his forceful words, then hugged him tightly too.
“I love you too, Tyler. Thanks for that.”
“Anytime every time.”
He held her a moment longer and they kissed like that night in the hotspring before smiling at each other.
“Let’s go raise hell, Kaori.”
She grinned now herself.
“Just us?”
“All we need.”
“Hells yeah!”
The duo tore off into the trees to attack the camp head on alone as Eri was just flabbergasted by the turn of events. She looked at Malico, the one that had been around the longest.
“What just happened?”
The screams of dying creatures were heard as Tyler and Kaori visited. Malico smiled as she looked at the blonde mother.
“Tyler just proclaimed his love to Kaori again. It’s kinda their thing. Kaori feels bad about whatever, and he rolls in like a runaway boulder to make her feel better. They love each other so much it’s a little scary.”
Eri just smiled then.
“I felt it too, Malico. It seems Tyler’s an even fiercer lover then his father was.”
Lyrica smiled now herself.
“They BOTH are. Tyler loves Kaori with a ferocity that is just terrifying. She loves him with a fire that is just outright intimidating. They make everyone jealous sometimes. You’ll see.”
The duo in question came back hand in hand smiling then. Tyler chuckled.
“we made 5 gold, 132 silver and 333 coppers. Camp’s a crater now. Let’s hit the Golem next.”
They mounted up and Wink joined him on the horse as they moved along. Kaori getting a proud hug from her mother for her choice of lover. Tyler smiled as he looked at Wink.
“Hey, I got one.”
She grinned.
“Ooooh, let’s hear it.”
HE smiled.
“Looks like our next target is rock solid.”
Wink busted up laughing as the other party members groaned in agony.
“Ride ahead if you want to do that!”
“Meeeean! That’s hurt!”
Tyler pulled ahead a bit to pun in peace. Wink grinned.
“Anymore?”
“Oh I am far from rock bottom!”
She snorted as she laughed.
“More!”
“I’ll throw a bunch at the stone. See if we get anything granite.”
She was wheezing as he hit her with repeated bad puns.
“I love you! One more!”
“Hmmm, I wonder, Wink, I bet this one rocked you!”
She was holding her stomach as she nearly laughed to death as a rock pinged off his head. He looked behind him curiously, and saw the others in his party had looks of absolute agony from the pun torture. Lily had her hammer out.
“Shut. Up.”
“I thought you couldn’t hear us. But okay.”
Wink was coughing and he was rubbing her small back soothingly as she recovered. Then she kissed him.
“I love you. Rare finding someone that loves bad puns as much as I do.”
He smiled as he hugged the small Sprite.
“It’s fun seeing just how bad I can make em.”
The golem was found and dropped. Wink spent the time they mined the thing fluttering about on her pink wings as Eri had to take frequent breaks due to her low stamina. Wink kept casting booster spells as Tyler looked at the blonde mother at one point.
“Eri. Look at your stats real quick.”
She pulled her HUD up,
“HOLY. I have close 450 points to place!”
“Put ALL of them into stamina. Right now YOU are our weakest link. Not in my party.”
She nodded.
“I see. I’m sorry.”
Tyler sighed as she poured the points into her stamina.
“You just fell victim to the classic pure mage weakness. High magic and mana pool, pathetic runner. Why when Kaori built her mage, I made her split her points between the mana pool and Stamina. Then her sword skills exploded. We got Vixen and we were set on mages.”
Eri was now breathing lightly again once the points took effect.
“That’s much better. I see you push for longer lasting fighters. A wise strategy.”
HE chuckled.
“More looking to avoid an exhausted party situation.”
She smiled.
“An even better plan. Duly noted.”
The golem was taken and on to the next. Tyler looked at the bills again.
“Next up is the tigers. We’ll let Eri adjust to her body before we hit the castle. That one’s bugging me for some reason. Like I’m getting some really nasty new enemy vibes there.”
Ashy blinked.
“Hey, can I get a look at the bill a sec?”
HE passed it to her and she rode up beside him.
“Hmm, yeah something just FEELS wrong about this. Hey, Lucy, are blind hunts like this common for the guild?”
The barbarian and Whisper came to get a look now and they frowned.
“No, lass. A bill like this? If the creatures are unknown, then the guild sends scouts to get the best possible information on it before sending adventurers to die.”
Whisper was in agreement.
“Something’s not right with this one.”
Tyler had the map out and was looking at the spot the castle sat on. Wulf came up to lend his knowledge.
“The Castle is called Dagon Keep.”
“Wait. Dagon? Oh shit. Ashy, remember Dagon’s sphere?”
The dirty blonde went white as she remembered. Tyler looked at Wulf now.
“Who was Dagon?”
The ranger noted the serious tone as the party pulled up to a stop.
“It was named after a Warrior that fell in the waves centuries ago. Does it mean anything to you/”
Tyler nodded.
“It does Wulf. Remember the last boon we got from Minus? The games?”
“I do.”
“In one of them, there’s a god by the name of Mehrunes Dagon. His sphere is revolution, ambition, and chaos. He tried to force his true godly form onto the material plane of existence and it nearly destroyed the order of the realms entirely. Now, I’m worried we’re dealing with just such a crisis. Okay, Outcasts, sack up. We need answers. We ride for the castle. If we find what I’m afraid we will, Malico, be ready with that scroll as we’ll need goddess support.”
“Got it. The scroll feel’s on edge now.”
“Let’s move.”
The party exploded into motion with a fervor now, and Eri was stunned by the sudden shift from easy-going labor, to war party on patrol. She looked at Vixen now.
“What the hell?”
The black mage had a grim expression now.
“Tyler’s smelt something foul at work now, Eri. We’ll find something at that castle. That man’s feelings for danger are simply terrifying.”
The castle came into sight after a half hour ride. Soon as it was, Tyler used his Farsight to it’s absolute limit to scout the place. The stone was crumbling and dirty with moss growing on the walls. In style, it was a circular style with a square keep rising up in the center. Tyler found no signs of life on the outside, and his bad feelings increased.
“Okay, We are NOT setting foot inside that place. Eri, that explosion spell. Charge it.”
She gasped.
“But-“
“NO BUTS. Do it.”
She nodded at the tone of iron in his voice. She raised her staff and looked at him.
“I need some strong emotions to charge it.”
“Do you love Kaori or not?”
She blinked at that one.
“What the hell?”
She got off her horse and took the staff in her hands as a red light appeared on the head.
“Let all that would seek to challenge the power of the red flame know despair as it’s heat engulfs them. EXPLOSION!”
The castle was engulfed with a red light before the thing just exploded with all the force of a mini nuclear warhead. Tyler paid extreme attention to the blast as the castle was obscured from sight. Erica had a potion for Eri as Tyler sighed.
“Fuck.”
The castle was unharmed even though it had been hit with a blast of that power.
“No. I am not playing this game. Tempesta. We got something nasty here.”
The dragon landed and picked RIGHT up on it.
“That castle has a most…..disturbing aura. I know that feeling.”
“Thinning?”
“Indeed.”
“Malico!’
“Here!”
She tossed the scroll to Tyler and Minus was heard.
“We heard. I’m on my way.”
“Get Atrocity too. I am not taking a chance here.”
Minus laughed.
“Ooooh, I know love.”
There was a flash and Minus was seen in her black battle armor along with a woman with hair that was actual fire. She was 7 feet tall, slender, had fire for hair, flaming eyes, a massive bust that put Malico to shame, pale skin and was clad in fire for armor. She had in one fist a massive black greatsword while in her other hand a twin greatsword. Tyler got off his horse and greeted the goddesses.
“Hey, Minus. Nice to kiss you.”
She got her kiss, as the fire haired lady laughed, and her voice reminded Tyler of crackling flames.
“So YOU are Minus’ mortal Husband. Impressive. I be Atrocity. Her older sister.”
Tyler smiled at the War goddess.
“Duly warned. Okay, ladies, just what the hell is up with that castle?”
The realm queller looked and frowned.
“We have a Mortal seeking to force a thinning. A mere nuisance.”
“Wait. That just makes it the weirder.”
She looked at him now, as Minus smiled.
“What is weird, Mortal?”
Tyler frowned as he looked at the castle.
“If the new bastard is trying to force a thinning, why use such a blatant hideout…..trap. Fuckin hell it’s trying to trap a goddess or something and sap their power!”
The deities gasped,
“Sister, this feeling.”
“I feel it too. This was how the last thinning happened. Mortal, we cannot set foot inside the castle until the place is purified.”
Tyler looked at it,
“Make a barrier. I’ve got an idea.”
Kaori and Tempesta blinked.
“The Roar.”
“Oooh hell! If that castle can handle THAT, then NOTHING can touch it!”
Tyler smiled at the now curious deities.
“I got an ace for just such a crater. I need the force of the blast to be redirected into the castle. Can you two handle it?”
They grinned.
“Easily love.”
“Let’s see YOUR chaos.”
Tyler ran forward to towards the castle as the barrier to contain the blast was erected. Tyler smiled as he placed a hand on the stone wall of the castle.
“Try and survive this.”
He lit the match and the rage inside him exploded in full. Sallie and Sylvia were outside the barrier with the deities as Tyler was releasing every bit of pent up rage inside him. He channeled it into the Roar of the Forest and his eyes were glowing green as he bellowed.
“ROAR OF THE FOOOORREEESST!”
There was a bright green light that exploded from his body that brought with it an extreme force, followed by a blinding green dome of light that exploded outward from his body as his roiling rage dug a massive crater and engulfed the walls of the castle. Several hundred miles away, Seline was talking about the Outcast with a longing Yoko in the fox lady’s office in the sky Spear when they saw the top of the green dome. Both beauties gasped.
“Ohhh, something pissed him OFF!”
Yoko just shook her head.
“Well, we got a new canyon now.”
The barrier kept the force of the blast inside it, bouncing around like a meatgrinder as the violence inside did not touch those outside. The noise as well was contained, and all those outside heard was grinding rock and shattering wood. Then the green light was gone and they could see inside. The land inside the dome was now a deep bowl several thousand meters deep and a solid three miles in diameter. Tyler was nowhere to be seen, but the party didn’t panic as they had faith in his abilities. Oddly enough, the castle was still there, and was floating on a small island of ground over the new chasm. The goddesses were amazed. Even Atrocity was impressed by the sheer power she had just seen.
“Minus. Sister. You have picked a truly terrifying mortal husband.”
She smiled on reflex before using her power to locate the man in question.
“He’s at the front gate. And VERY confused.”
Tyler was indeed confused. He had recovered from the moment of weakness the roar had left him with, and was feeling happier then he had in a few months as the weight of the rage was lifted off his shoulders. He replaced the dam for the fuel, and felt it fill with his love for Kaori and everyone else as he looked at the newly dug canyon.
“the hell? Okay.”
He drew Gliepnir and Fafnir, his twin broadswords.
“Hard way it is then!”
Tempesta roared and he looked over.
“I’ll borrow your eyes.”
“Sure big blue!”
Tyler then walked into the castle proper. He using all his detection skills and perception to see everything as he went right for the main hall. He booted the door open, and there was a low laugh of amusement.
“Most amusing show of power, Mortal. But utterly useless.”
Tyler got a look at the speaker, and smiled widely. The thing was a mere man with wings growing out of his back and a long forked tail of deep black. The man was of pale skin and complexion with black eyes and red hair. His attire was a waistcoat and striped pants. Tyler had a grin of eagerness now.
“I see now. A Fallen God. Let’s see, Oh! Levelus! Right?”
The man laughed.
“Impressive I must admit. Indeed, Mortal. I was cast out after siding with the Honorless Kazuma against you in the Scale trial. I was replaced by a lesser goddess that cannot see the truth of you.”
“Riiight. The truth of me being a heartless asshole?”
The Fallen God laughed.
“Indeed. I was the god of Justice. You do injustices upon all and sundry just because you feel like you can. Deed of Light or not, you impose your lifestyle upon all-“
“Shut up. Your just pissed you lost your gambit for Minus’ throne of Scale Queen.”
The god had a single vein appear on his head.
“Insignificant Mortal! How dare you pretend to-“
“You gave Kazuma that trick in a ploy to set yourself up as Scale King. Since I was her Mortal Husband, her FIRST Mortal Husband mind you, you saw her as having made a weakness you could exploit. So, you made Kazuma your Mortal Husband as well, just to get easy contact with a willing puppet. You were hoping Kazuma would kill me, as in doing so it would throw Minus off her game and allow for a coup. Fact you sided with Kazuma in the trial made your intentions known to the other Scale deities and it backfired. Another thing, if you’d won, Kazuma would have been ascended to a lesser godhood. So, once the plan fell through, and my badassery made clear to all, you were cast down to the lower realms as a Fallen God. But, at the last second you were able to use a bit of power to come to the Mortal plane for this new bullshit. You’re using your Fallen God power in the Mortal Plane to force the veil thinner. That bill was to bait ME here for YOU to kill me. But, you seem to forget one thing.”
The trembling with rage god glared at the most perceptive Mortal.
“And what could a god like me forget?”
Tyler grinned.
“You forgot Outcasts run together.”
Atrocity and Minus came hurtling into the room as the rest of the party waited with Tempesta outside. Tyler surged ahead with the sister goddesses.
“Demon’s Wrath Second rage!’
He was right beside the divine ladies as Levelus was seen to go white with despair at the sight of his former pantheon Queen and her sis the realm queller. He Pulled a large mace as Tyler slashed at him first with his blades.
“Dragon rage.”
The ability from his dragonslayer ability was merely another version of Demon’s wrath, but had no weakness and the bonuses were smaller. Levelus grunted as Tyler hit him in the chest, before flipping his blades to lock his weapon to the floor.
“Got it!”
Atrocity poured her divine power into her twin greatswords to stab the fallen god in the heart as Minus did the same with a one handed sword and shield. Levelus screamed as his power leaked out from the mortal wound as Tyler jumped back and thrust with his own blades.
“Frozen pierce! Holy smite! Sacred fire! Holy Fire! Holy Sanctity!”
His anti-demon spells slammed into the god as his anti-undead spells pierced his body as he laughed at him.
“idiot. One other thing?”
He leaned in to yell in his face.
“I DON’T FIGHT FAIR! SKY DRAGON ROAR!”
He breathed his dragon flame into the dying god’s face, and Atrocity with Minus tore their blades out of the god’s body in opposite directions as Tyler ripped his upwards.
“Last thing?”
The head flew up as Tyler glared at it.
“Don’t fuck with my girls.”
The head was burned up in Atrocity’s and Minus’ power as the castle shook. He frowned as he felt the distinct falling feeling.
“Ah COME ON!”
Minus and Atrocity laughed as they helped the Outcast return to solid ground as the castle fell into the chasm. Once on the ground, Tyler smiled at his friends.
“We’ll be right back after this flop.”
He fell flat as Atrocity looked at her sister.
“Sister. You have chosen a fine Mortal. That was a most entertaining fight.”
Minus was smiling widely as well.
“Here, look for yourselves.”
She passed the crystal she’d made for the party to Kaori. Ashy’s eyes went wide as she heard Tyler’s one liner before the attack.
“Dude. That is a level of badass I aspire to be!”
Eri was right there with her.
“He fought a god with his goddess wife and her sister as an equal! Okay, Kaori, there WILL be a wedding. If YOU don’t marry him, I will!”
Kaori looked at her mother.
“Pff, get in line bitch. He’s MY Badass!”
Malico smiled happily.
“I’m ALREADY married to him. So, I win.”
Lyrica took offense.
“Hey, Catnip, I’m his sex slave! I win!”
Wink snorted.
“Ladies, we all know I win. I mean we DO share a soul here.”
Lily shrugged.
“I’ll just be there to claim him the right way since you all sucked at it.”
Minus jumped in now as well.
“I’m his Goddess WIFE. So, ha.”
Vulpix appeared to take part.
“He MINE! Husband!”
Tyler was just sitting on the grass as the argument between the ladies got into full swing as Wulf sat beside him on the grass.
“Hey.”
“So yeah. Was a fun fight.”
The ranger nodded.
“I’m mad I missed it. Nice lines.”
“Right? Best one liners yet.”
The ladies were still fighting as the men talked.
“So, Wulf.”
“Yeah?”
“I think I should start runnin now.”
He snorted.
“Would be wise.”
Tyler sighed.
“Too bad I can’t.”
The elf patted his back.
“Was fun.”
Tyler got up and addressed the pack of arguing women.
“Alright, ladies. Enough.”
They all looked at him and he lifted a finger.
“Ah. No. We been over this. Kaori’s my number one.”
The blonde smiled proudly as the others just sighed.
“Right.”
“Forgot.”
They all made up and Tyler looked at Atrocity, who had been laughing on the sidelines the entire time.
“So, that mess?”
She chuckled.
“The veil was restored. The crater will be filled in my a nature goddess when she gets a spare three days.”
He nodded.
“Levelus?”
The realm queller smiled widely now.
“His Mortal shell was destroyed, and as such is back in the Lower realms. A few friends are hunting him as a traitor god. He’s got minutes to live.”
He nodded.
“That’s good to hear. Okay, we got bills left to handle.”
He pulled up the coin.
“Ishtar.”
The king appeared nearly immediately.
“What the hell did you do? My city is in a near panic from that green light!”
“Tell them Atrocity wanted a word with me. The real issue? Levelus, the god of justice sided with Kazuma’s idiocy. We just had to deal with the leftovers. Ladies.”
Minus and Atrocity stepped forward and the King tipped his crown.
“Goddesses.”
The Scale queen nodded.
“It is as my love says, Mortal King. Kazuma’s folly was perpetrated by a Scale deity as well. No longer. Tell your subjects Tyler had to prove his power to Atrocity.”
The king smiled.
“They will find it most hilarious, Lady Scale. At once.”
Tyler looked at the lady with the literal hair of fire.
“Sooo, weird question.”
Minus saw his gaze and laughed.
“Oh shit here we go.”
Atrocity looked at him curiously.
“Speak, Mortal.”
“That hair, can I touch it?”
His friends just groaned as Minus burst out laughing as Atrocity blinked in shock as his words processed.
“What?”
“I’m curious if that hair feels like fire or hair. Sooo, can I touch it?”
He was looking at her flaming hair curiously as everyone around them either busted up laughing, held their heads in pain, slumped, or some combination of the bunch. Atrocity looked at her sister.
“Is he serious?”
Minus smiled.
“Oh completely. Say yes and he’ll go right for it.”
She blinked then looked at Tyler with an expression of bemused confusion.
“Umm, sure? Just don’t yank on it?”
“Sweet.”
He walked right over and stroked the fire that was Atrocity’s hair gently.
“Wow. It’s burning, yet feels like hair. Nifty.”
His curiosity sated he stepped back smiling.
“Alright, now what?”
Atrocity looked at her sister.
“I don’t know whether to laugh, be scared, flattered, or confused.”
Minus kissed her Mortal Husband.
“That’s Tyler in a nutshell, Sister. He’s fun like that.”
“Love you too, Minus.”
Atrocity just shook her head.
“Open your HUD Tyler. I’ll grant MY championship now.”
“A title from a WAR goddess? Oh HELL yeah!”
She smirked at that one. He got the title Atrocity’s champion. He smiled as he saw the ability granted.
“It grants the ability of Atrocity. Basically? I can throw a fireball fed from my feelings at a target. Scary trick.”
The War goddess smiled now.
“MY lover title is not so freely given.”
HE chuckled as Lupa came over in her wolf form.
“Lady Atrocity.”
The appearance of the Wolf spirit raised an eye brow.
“I heard you’d been found Lupa. I’m sorry we couldn’t help you.”
The wolf shrugged.
“I’m just happy to be free again. What is the upper realms ruling on Tyler for his aid here?”
Minus smiled now.
“The ruling is he gets the title friend of the realms. Basically? He’s the go-to for Mortal plane problems.”
Tyler blinked as he saw the title appear.
“Sooo, I’m like a allrounder champion now?”
Minus nodded.
“Indeed. The individual titles you’ll have to earn separately, but that signifies we can go to you for any issues on the mortal plane we need solved.”
“Wow. Thanks.”
Tyler got the title and looked at Minus,
“Still looking forward to later.”
Vulpix came over to stand next to her and they both smiled.
“Happy.”
“We’ll have fun love. And bring that Sprite.”
Wink was quivering as she saw what was in store for her now.
“I love this man.”
Tyler looked around.
“Alright. Castle’s a new hole. Next up is……the tigers.”
Eri was shocked.
“You just fought a god and made a new canyon!”
“Yer point? Let’s move Outcasts. We got two more full raids today.”
Minus and Vulpix kissed their Mortal Husband before returning to their Plane and Atrocity smirked.
“I’m watching you now. I’ve seen your face.”
Tyler grinned at her.
“Ya know where to find me if ya wanna rumble.”
The War goddess laughed at his multi-layer offer.
“I’ll be sure to remember that.”
She was gone and the party rode off as Tempesta returned to his hunt. Tyler was smiling as Wink was on his horse.
“Hey, Wink.”
She looked at him curiously.
“Yeah?”
“Should really stop horsing around.”
She busted up laughing as the others just groaned. He rode further ahead and Lily sighed,
“He keeps doing that I’ll hit im with me hammer.”
The pun loving Sprite wiped a tear fro her pink eyes.
“More.”
“I see.”
She cracked up at that.
“That’s a painful one! Another!”
He smiled as he hugged her.
“Hang on tight!”
She was wheezing from the repeated bad puns and he was loving it. He kissed her at one point and she sighed.
“I’ve never had such fun before. I love you.”
He smiled warmly at the small Sprite.
“I love you too, Wink. It’s fun to pun with you.”
She laughed at that one. The tigers were found sleeping in the warm sun. So the party got the kills without real issue and Tyler did a bill check.
“Let’s see. Everything but the bandit stronghold, Fire mare, and the Nidhogg are dead. We’ll kill the stronghold next.”
Eri just slumped in misery.
“Oooh my aching hands!”
They laughed at her as the party rode to kill the bandits. The stronghold was another fort. This one however was a large circle built around a central tower with a small moat. Tyler smiled as he saw the place.
“Wow, Wulf. Looks like these idiots have a brain somewhere.”
The ranger smiled as well.
“See that drawbridge? Shoot the chain.”
“See that tower? I am SOOOOO booting some jackass out that window!”
They laughed as Sasha was left to guard the horses while the party went hunting. Tyler had his bow out and dropped the two lookouts he saw before they reached the moat. He smiled.
“Ice wall.”
He raised a pair of ice walls the party could cross without issue before dropped the drawbridge with a well-aimed arrow. The thing dropped with a bang, and Tyler pulled his short sword and shield. Lily grinned widely.
“Oh this I gotta see!”
Tyler dropped behind his shield and charged the ten foot tall dual door. He hit the thing like a giant swinging a club, taking the things clean off their frames to flatten a good thirty men behind them to hit the remaining bank like a truck.
“THE OUTCASTS CAME TO PLAY!”
He swung his shield in an arc, and sliced people as easily as he did with a sword. Grinning like a Cheshire cat the entire time, Tyler deflected hits before spinning on the impact to take heads off and impale chests the Lily smiled.
“He’s a scary shielder.”
Lucy and Thistle were working in tandem again with their longer weapons scything down bandits as Serafina and Whisper went whirling with their daggers and axes leaving slashed throats and jugulars in their wake as they went. Eri was working with Lyrica and Vixen to set idiots on fire or melt them with acid as the magical beauties unleashed their eldritch power. Lily and Sera were working as a team to build their own body pile with Lillia carving with Malico. The busty cat would hide behind the princess’s shield as she stabbed and thrust, only to come speeding out in a flurry of dagger slashes. Lupa was dropping bandits left and right with her fangs finding open throats and her claws shredding flesh. Wulf and Ashy were making the air bleed as the ranger and the dirty blonde went sword to sword against all who stood in there. Tyler was working his way up the tower killing every bandit that crossed his path with his shield and sword as he went. He reached the highest room of the tall tower and booted the door off its hinges. He was faced with a lady bandit leader this time with a massive flopping rack that made him blink.
“And here I thought LYMIR was big. Sucks I have to kill you. Waste of a rack.”
The woman laughed as she raised a sword.
“Thanks for the complement, Tyler the Outcast! Tis a shame really. I’ve longed to sample your bedroom prowess myself. But, such is life.”
He shrugged as the lady rushed him.
“Even if you’re not the leader of this rabble.”
He flipped his sword around and stabbed a shadow in the heart.
“He is.”
He tore the sword free as a lanky man with a poisoned dagger fell dead and a mist rose off the woman. She dropped to her knees and panted from some immense strain as Tyler looked at the dead guy’s face with the bounty trick.
“Lor the Enslaver. Reward is…450 gold dead. Nifty.”
The woman recovered from her weakness and had a look of gratitude on her face as she addressed Tyler.
“My Lord! I’m free!”
He looked at her now. She was tall, with the massive rack that Tyler felt was above DD in size, hair the color of emeralds with glowing yellow eyes and clear, tanned skin. She had the delicate features of an elven child like Thorn, but the stronger bones of a human as well. Her attire was a leather tunic with a mail plateskirt and boots. He looked at her eyes and chuckled.
“What type of were be you?”
She hugged her rescuer tightly.
“I be an Elder fang Werewolf. Thank you for rescuing me! I owe you my life!”
He just stroked her soft green hair.
“Sure Miss. Now, what’s your name?”
She stepped back eyes smiling.
“Lycan. My name’s Lycan Moonrunner. So, Lord Outcast, what’s next?”
Tyler smiled as a bandit survivor came up looking to make a name for himself by killing the Outcast tried to stab him.
“I’ll give this guy the boot and we’ll see.”
The man screamed as Tyler forced him in front of the large window, and lined it up with a grin.
“THIS. IS. LECTIS!”
Tyler kicked the man in the breastplate, sending him screaming from the tower on a three hundred foot fall to the ground in the center of the keep in a spatter of blood and bone as his friends all laughed. He dusted his hands off and looked at Lycan.
“Ya got a pack Lycan?”
She smiled and heled out a bleeding hand.
“NO it won’t give you the affliction. But, since I owe you my freedom and my life, I swear my fangs to you, Lord Outcast.”
He accepted the Bloodoath and got a new title. Curious he looked at it.
“huh. I got Wolf Master. Says here….wow. I have total control over the sworn Werewolf. I’mma just call it an agreement to me rules.”
The overly well endowed lady smiled.
“These are?”
“1. As the strongest person in the party, I hold the coin. 2. No work no food. In my camp you pull your weight.”
A faint yell was heard.
“He’s mean!”
The pair busted up laughing at Sera’s cute yell. Tyler continued.
“3. In a town or city, we share rooms to save coin as close together as we can. This point I doubt there’s an inn with a room big enough for 20 people. When the bed calls, we get a separate room. Unspoken are simple. Keep our secrets, we do dark work from time to time and don’t get on a high horse.”
She nodded.
“Understood and agreed Lord Outcast. So, the rest of your pack?”
“we have a wraith in the party. Issue?”
Her eyes flashed, and she gritted her teeth.
“None Lord. I shall bear it.”
“She’s getting the same speech. Let’s go.”
Tyler collected the head and the looting was on. Tyler and Lycan looted every body until they rejoined the group. Tyler walked right over to Serafina.
“We got a new recruit.”
She looked over, and so did the party to see Lycan standing in the door leading into the tower. Whisper and Serafina growled now and Tyler was not having it.
“She swore a Bloodoath and I got this.”
He showed the Wolf Master title and the two ladies looked at him.
“Fine, Tyler.”
“We trust YOU. Her I do not.”
Lupa came trotting over and Lycan gasped.
“Lady Lupa the Wolf Queen?”
She dropped to her knees as the wolf spirit looked her over.
“Hmm, I recognize your scent pup. You’re the daughter of Luka the White Wolf. Are you not?”
There was a distinct fear in the green haired lady’s eyes now.
“I am Lady Fenrir. Please I didn’t know!”
Tyler walked over now.
“Lupa. Is that the bastard?”
The wolf nodded.
“HE was the lover that sold me to the slavers those centuries ago. Ironic, is it not?”
Tyler looked at Lycan.
“Does he still live?”
The woman shook her head.
“No Lord Outcast. He fell ten years later to an attack by a rival pack.”
Lupa sighed and slumped.
“Damn. I was hoping to kill him with my own fangs.”
Tyler snorted as he patted her head.
“Fangs like those are too good for slimes. His head was mine outta principle.”
That got him a warm nudge.
“I’d lick you, but it would have the same effect.”
“Appreciated, Lupa. So. Are we good?”
Whisper and Serafina came to stand beside the wolf spirit.
“As long as you hold her leash, I have no issues.”
“Agreed. I do not trust Werewolves. But, since she put her leash in your hand, I shall trust you instead.”
Lupa looked the groveling werewolf in the eyes.
“I do not blame you, pup. The one I hate is Luka. You have nothing to fear from me.”
She breathed a sigh of relief before getting to her feet.
“I’ll prove myself. I promise.”
Ashy looked at Kaori.
“We got a werewolf in camp now, Kaori”
The blonde daughter sighed.
“with a wraith that hates werewolves. I think he just did it for the trope.”
They laughed as Eri looked at Tyler.
“Sooo, you’re not looking to become a werewolf, are you?”
He snorted.
“Not even. More I saved her life and she owes a life debt now. That kinda thing.”
The party sighed.
“Of course she does.”
Lily was eyeing the new lady’s massive breasts.
“I’m fine with it.”
Lycan smiled as she saw the elf’s clear interest.
“I forgot to mention, Lord Outcast.”
He looked at her curiously.
“what up?”
She looked at the elf girl.
“Since I’m sworn to you now, I’m yours, and all your previous mates mate. So, enjoy.”
The party busted up laughing at that one, even Whisper and Serafina.
“There it is!”
“I bet he does that on purpose!”
Eri just looked at her daughter’s now hungry leer.
“Why o why do I suddenly feel like he recruits based off lust and bust?”
The ladies were wheezing at that one as Wulf and Tyler looked at each other.
“Not my fault the best of the best are right beauties.”
The ranger was in complete agreement.
“Indeed it is not. I have my beauty and she’s the best.”
“Ashy? Pff, just putting up with YOU Makes her a great one.”
“She is great isn’t she?”
Ashy kissed him then, and Tyler saw the look of approval in Eri’s green eyes at his clear ploy. The fort was looted and the party walked away with 55 gold, 443 silver, 879 coppers. Tyler looked at Lycan.
“You have a horse in here?”
She smiled and heled out her hand. A circle appeared as a large, skeletal steed appeared in black horse armor with red glowing eyes. Lyrica grinned as Tyler smiled.
“A Shadowmare. Scary.”
Kaori just sighed.
“What did you DO to that poor creature?’
Lycan smiled at the horse lover.
“It’s not what you think, Chief Mate. This is another version of the Succubus Dullahan. A Shadowmare. They are not nor were they ever living. They are more….spirits then animals.”
She nodded sadly.
“Still seems wrong. But, okay.”
Tyler hugged her tightly.
“Think or it as NOT being a horse, Kaori. It’s not. It’s more like those steed summons from games.”
She kissed him lovingly.
“I’ll do that, Tyler. Thanks.”
They rode out as Wink fluttered to a spot in front of him.
“So. We got a werewolf in the party now.”
He chuckled as he looked at Lycan,
“Hey, Lycan. What path be you?”
She smiled.
“Black, blue, with grey for the were.”
“Preference?”
“I prefer the blue as I like water. What path be you?”
“Blue/white.”
She gasped, then smiled happily.
“What do YOU prefer?”
He chuckled.
“I lean more to the blue for the most part. The white I use for healing, undead, demons and the like.”
“Most powerful blue spell?”
HE tilted his head.
“Huh. Not entirely sure now you say that. Wink? Vixen? Lyrica?”
Wink answered for the ladies.
“That Ocean’s fury is your strongest blue spell, Tyler.”
“Wow, really? Nifty. Well, I can sea that.”
Wink AND Lycan lost it at his pun, and the party groaned in agony.
“He found another one.”
“She enjoys them too.”
“Oooh my poor soul!”
Eri just held her head.
“I’m gonna go old an grey before my time!”
Tyler looked at Lycan,
“I think we’ll have some fun, Lycan. So, besides the fangs and that case of the blues, what else you packin?”
She smiled.
“I prefer the sword and shield. Sadly, my shield was destroyed beyond repair.”
Tyler and Lily looked at each other.
“She thinks she shields.”
“I’ll test her on that.”
The werewolf smiled as Tyler looked at the leftover bills.
“Everything but the fire mare and Nidhogg are dead. We’ll hit the flaming horse. Kaori leads the way on this one.”
The blonde daughter smiled at that as Tyler hugged Wink. She smiled.
“Got anymore?”
He rode ahead as he looked around. He smiled as he saw the road had a bunch of rocks.
“Hey, Wink, we have a treat in our world I think you’d love.”
She looked at him curiously.
“What is it?”
“Well, it’s a rocky road.”
She lost it laughing at that REALLY bad pun to the point she was coughing and he had to rub her back. She kissed him.
“I love these.”
“Wanna know the kicker?”
“Sure.”
“We really DO have a treat in our world called rocky road. It’s a frozen cream treat. Not MY cream either.”
She tilted her head,
“I’m not sure I follow.”
“I can show you. Here.”
She looked as he pulled his HUD up and showed a photo from the past with ice cream in it. She smiled as she saw it.
“Oooohhhh! We have that in our world. Only it’s called Frozen Milk. It’s expensive as it’s a magical treat but I can make it easily enough. Just need the right stuff for it.”
He smiled.
“Make the list, and we’ll get creamed together!”
She laughed.
“With plenty of fillings!”
“Agreed! I-oh hello.”
He went silent as he had a burst of inspiration before looking at Malico.
“Hey, can you pass me the scroll a sec?”
Curious, the busty catgirl handed him the scroll and Minus was heard laughing.
“Already?”
“Just a question.”
“Love you.”
“Love you too, Vulpix. I’m fully loaded for you and Minus.”
“Happy.”
Minus laughed now.
“What’s the question?”
“Am I good to try and introduce new foods to Lectis?”
Minus sighed happily.
“I was GOING to bestow this later.”
A crystal appeared and he looked at it.
“Minus, I fucking love you. Kaori! Catch!”
He tossed it to her and she gasped.
“This is a list of every recipe from our world for foods from ketchup to ice cream with an encyclopedia of the Lectis equivalent! Tyler!”
“Make the list, Kaori. We’re loading the FUCK up!”
“Damn STRAIGHT we are!”
Eri licked her lips now.
“I miss pizza.”
Tyler, Ashy and Kaori looked at each other.
“Pizza.”
“Anime.”
“Movies.”
“MANSION.”
they nodded.
“After the wave. We will party like we did back in the old world!”
They made a vow there as the natives were a little concerned by the newfound vehemence. Then Sera helped decide.
“Yay! New food!”
They laughed as they came up on where the fire mare was said to be. They found the beast, and Kaori gasped. The magnificent beast was the size of Lucy’s Clydesdale with a coat of fire haired hair. The steed’s mane WAS fire and the tail also aflame. There were glowing hoof tracks the horse left behind when it stepped and it’s eyes were glowing coals. Tyler smiled as he saw it.
“Not what I was expecting, but beautiful none the less. Kaori, if you would?”
The blonde smiled as she took the shot with her bow, hitting the steed in the heart with her first shaft. The thing exploded into dust leaving behind a flaming apple. Tyler picked it up and used appraisal on it.
“Okay. When this is fed to a horse, it BECOMES a Fire Mare/ whatever the original horse was mix. It is a painless process akin to the metamorphosis of a caterpillar into a butterfly. The steed gains all the abilities of a Fire Mare and if the owner be a red path, adds to their mana as such a beast is the embodiment OF the red path. Kaori?”
He gave her the apple, and she smiled.
“I’ll give it to Gloss.”
The party smiled as she fed her friend the apple. The Ardennes warhorse was VERY eager to eat the offering and once she had she was encased in roiling flames with a scream of excitement before she took on the flame coat of the fire mare. She was the same size as before, but with a flaming mane, tail and featherings on her legs. Her coat was a beautiful red/yellow/orange mix that when she moved made her seem as if she were MADE from fire. Her tracks were now BURNED into the ground and Kaori was looking at her HUD.
“I got her HUD tab added to mine! Says she is exactly the same horse, just with a few more tricks. From what this says, the fire mares and others like them are what the horses of Lectis ASPIRE to be. Gloss got turned into the very peak of what her breed of horse WISHES it was! Aww, I’m happy for you, Gloss!”
She hugged her friend, and the horse nuzzled her back fondly. Thunder huffed, and Tyler patted him.
“Sorry big guy. Just the lot of us ugly bastards, we look scary and ugly, they look beautiful and we protect them.”
The thoroughbred nickered at that and tossed his head as the ladies nodded approvingly. Tyler smiled now.
“Let’s kill that snake and head back.”
The party laughed and took off. Kaori was keeping a close eye on Gloss’s new look as they went. The steed leaving hoof prints that glowed like fire as they went. They found the giant snake easily enough. The thing was a hundred and fifty feet long, twenty feet thick with a massive 15 foot wide head with 5 foot long fangs. In appearance it resembled another cobra. Tyler and the party killed it with arrows fired at the snake under Tyler’s direction as he knew snakes well. The beast was collected and they returned to Term. Eri slumped in relief as they saw the walls.
“I need to rest.”
Tyler smiled.
“Ya got at least two hours as Lupa needs to rest as well. Me and Wulf will get paid, the jars handed out, and I’ll get kidnapped by Minus and Vulpix with Wink.”
Malico laughed.
“The scroll is purring!”
“I got YOU tonight, Kittycat! You ALLLLL mine!”
MALICO was purring now herself!
“I’ll look forward to it.”
The party stabled their horses, Gloss’s fire mare form having an off switch Kaori found hilarious, and the party each took the time to throw fruit at a still caged Kazuma as Lycan had a question.
“What happened with the whining pup?”
Tyler smiled darkly.
“He hurt a friend.”
She nodded.
“I see. It is good to see my Alpha protects the pack fiercely.”
Serafina and Whisper snorted at the werewolf’s way of speaking, and Tyler looked at them.
“Is that a door you just opened?”
They blinked, then gulped.
“Was just clearing me throat.”
“Was more laughing at Kazuma’s lack of manhood.”
“Agreed. And ladies?”
He sighed.
“If I don’t make fun of someone for things like speech or quirks or habits, you BETTER not either. You don’t have to like each other, but you WILL respect each other. We clear?”
They nodded sheepishly.
“we are, Tyler.”
“I feel ashamed now. We’re clear.”
He left them with that as they party went into the palace for Tyler to set up the defense spells for Lupa. Ishtar came over as they went and noted the new face.
“I see you made another friend. I know those eyes well. All I’ll ask, can I trust her?”
Tyler showed him his title.
“I see. Very well. My apologies miss. My experiences with the wolves were not very positive across the board.”
Lycan smiled kindly.
“I understand, Your grace. My Fellow wolves have a well earned reputation.”
Tyler looked at the king now.
“Our other wolf needs a break. Not a soul enters my chamber WITHOUT a member of the party present.”
Ishtar nodded.
“Agreed. The wing is sealed anyway except for those Axe or Thorn allows. I’ll let them know security is higher for the time being.”
Tyler nodded.
“The captives?”
The king smiled now.
“They were taken in under Axe’s eyes now. That one girl, the one with the emerald eyes? Oh he LIKES her! Poor girl, she’s just so sweet and kind.”
Tyler and the party smiled.
“If Axe likes her, she’ll be just fine.”
The party headed up to the wing where Lupa took her human form once the door shut. She laid in the bed as Tyler cast his most powerful defense spells while Sasha, Sera, and Eri joined the white haired lady in the bed to both watch over her and rest in her fur. Tyler shut the doors himself before looking to Wulf.
“Guild first.”
He nodded smiling.
“Gonna be a fun one explaining the green light.”
He chuckled.
“I’ll just say Minus’ older sister wanted a word with her sister’s lover. She’s a protective one, Atrocity is.”
They laughed and went to the guild. Ruby was in her booth as they walked in, and she looked right at Tyler.
“I heard from the King you had a visitor.”
Tyler laughed as he laid out the bills.
“Atrocity wanted to put a face to Minus’ first love. Sisters look out for each other ya know?”
The ladies laughed at that logic as the men were just a mite intimidated. Ruby looked at the laid out bills.
“The Dagon keep was a rigged bill, as such the guild will pay the bounty as a form of apology for not being thorough enough in our procedures.”
Tyler smiled forgivingly.
“It happens. Thanks Ruby.”
She did some math.
“Your total this time is 2,016 gold, 145 silver. Well done.”
Tyler smiled as they headed to the exchange next where they found Mya at her desk. Tyler gave the slimes to Wulf and 15 gold.
“Ya know.”
The ranger was gone like a flash as Tyler did the exchanging. Mya just shook her head at the amount.
“You are going to ruin the market for these you keep this up. I can give you 4589 gold, 77 silver, 55 coppers.”
“Holy. Thanks Mya.”
He got the coins as Wulf came back with the pouch. He smiled as he made his report.
“She said she does clothing too.”
Tyler’s eyes flashed with inspiration, and Wulf shook his head.
“Fair enough. I’m sure she can make it merge.”
“Either that or I get creative.”
Tyler took 6 jars of the shampoo and hand cream which was placed on Minus’ altar.
“I love you.”
“Love too.”
He smiled.
“I love you two, too.”
They laughed as they headed for Bark’s yard. The burly man laughed as he saw the amount.
“A light haul? Hows 257 gold, 88 copper sound?”
“Good, Bark. This be just our first run today.”
The man laughed as they went to the bank next. Gold was waiting and smiled as they filled the slabs.
“First run?”
“Yup. You look beautiful, Minus, Vulpix.”
Gold shuddered.
“I love you.”
He smiled as she looked at the ore.
“I can give you 875 gold, 66 silver, 88 coppers.”
“Thanks Gold. I have an order to pick up and place before we get to play loves.”
Gold smiled.
“Work before play. We get it.”
The men returned to the palace where Wulf went to rest as Tyler collected Eri and Lycan. Wink came up with a set of rally whistles for them and she smiled.
“I already gave Ghost her rally collar.”
Tyler kissed the sprite loving.
“I’ll fill you up in a bit with Minus and Vulpix.”
She sighed happily.
“That’s still 5 gold. I do have a shop to run.”
He placed ten in her hand.
“Sounds like a gilded venture.”
Her and Lycan busted up laughing as Eri sighed.
“Not as bad as it could be. But it was still bad.”
Tyler walked the two ladies to Burlock’s shop, pausing long enough to hurl fruit at Kazuma. The boy’s humiliation having become a source of endless entertainment for the masses of Term and ever the other Warriors in the city. Eri laughed at Kazuma’s hate filled vow of bloody vengeance.
“He just refuses to get it, doesn’t he?”
Tyler sighed.
“More he wants to BE me without working for it. Did you read that article on the duel?”
The mother nodded.
“I did. I understand he wanted a one-sided fight?”
“Indeed. Yet, Kazuma forgot I’ve had three months to prep for Lectis anything. I do not like blind spots nor gaps in our line. The time me and Kaori spent as fugitives, short though it was, reminded me that there are indeed fates worse than Death itself. So, since I know this truth better an most, I refuse to let an oversight be our undoing.”
Eri and Lycan were nodding sagely.
“A wise, tragic way of doing things.”
“Agreed. Even the mightiest of heroes can be undone by the smallest oversight or misstep.”
The trio walked into Burlock’s shop and the big man laughed.
“Yer order be ready me boy!”
Tyler chuckled as he gestured to the werewolf.
“Picked up a lost pup. You know the drill.”
Lycan was a little nervous as to the man’s reaction as Eri donned her new gear, but Burlock nodded.
“What is it this time?”
“A new sword, shield, vest, bow, greaves, bracers, and booster bands. The material be dragon scale infused with sapphires and jet made shift friendly. The bands blue and black.”
Burlock nodded.
“I see. That Sprite’s gear is ready as well.”
“I’ll fill her up when I see her next.”
That got a laugh as Burlock did some number crunching.
“I be needing 5 dragons scales, 300 sapphires, 350 jets, 150 pounds of smokey quartz.”
Tyler placed double, using the water dragon scales instead of Tempesta’s. Burlock smiled.
“Quality as usual. Okay. Total is 897 gold.”
“Nice to see yer learning!”
Tyler placed the coins on the counter, then slipped him a further 400.
“Fer reputation.”
Eri just shook her head.
“A very wise move, to be sure.”
Burlock smiled again.
“It’ll be ready for after your next raid.”
“Thanks Burlock. Now, I gots me a Sprite to mess up!”
They laughed and headed back to the palace as Lycan had a concerned look on her face now.
“Lord Outcast, was it wise to spend so much and use such high level materials on a mere pup?”
He patted her like a dog.
“We’re loaded, Lycan. More ways then one. We have a few things to bring you up to speed on. Eri. A warning.”
The blonde lady looked at him.
“That is?”
He looked at her fiercely now.
“The ability I used to fight Levelus. Outside our group, DO NOT SPEAK OF IT. Understood?”
She nodded grimly.
“Agreed. It’s that kind of ace.”
“And our greatest weapon.”
They threw more fruit, Tyler feeling particularly evil, taunted the caged boy to get him to open his mouth, only to throw a rotten banana into it.
“Suck on that!”
The crowd, including quite a few Warriors, lost it laughing as Kazuma gagged on the rock hard fruit before being able to spit it out. Tyler and Lycan were laughing uproariously as they walked up the palace steps, and Eri was wheezing from the attack.
“Damn, Tyler! That was just pure evil!”
“Makes a point right?”
They laughed in agreement as Tyler spotted Wink just fluttering about the upper rafters of the palace.
“Hey, Wink, c’mere.”
She flipped on her pink wings to land in his arms.
“I’m hungry!”
He kissed her as she snuggled into his arms like a cat.
“Your gear’s ready. Come on and I’ll undress you.”
She sighed happily as they went for the room and scroll.
“I’ve been aching for a while now.”
Tyler found Malico on the bed with Lupa with a very happy Sera and Thorn cuddled up in their tails and fur. The busty cat smiled as she placed the scroll out.
“They’re getting…frisky.”
Tyler ran a light finger on the scroll,
“Ready loves. And I got the sprite too.”
He glowed and found himself back in Minus’ bedchamber on her plane. The scale queen was naked with an eager Vulpix as they sighed happily.
“I’ve longed for more.”
“More please.”
Wink and Tyler were naked as they went to the warm embrace of the two divine beauties. Tyler fitting into Vulpix first as Minus fed on Wink. The four lovers giving in tot their lust for each other in full as Tyler lost himself in their soft skin, moans and kisses as they satisfied their lust fully and completely. Minus and Vulpix got their fill, and Tyler gave Wink her creamy desert in her ridiculously tight slit before laying in Minus’ warm bed with the full sprite on his chest, Minus on his right arm, and Vulpix his left. The ladies were panting slightly as they recovered from the mini orgy as Tyler kissed each one in turn.
“We NEED to do this more, loves.”
Vulpix was in full agreement.
“Will. Lot more.”
Minus laughed as she kissed an eager Wink.
“We’ll be happy to feed the sprite when you’re claimed Love.”
Wink sighed happily.
“I made the best choice in my fill!”
He kissed her again.
“Love you too, Wink.”
She flicked her wings as Minus sighed.
“Times up already?”
She nodded sadly.
“Yeah. We can only lay with our mortal Husbands outside the walls of our Mortal Homes. Once the home is set up we can spend a few days at least at a time with you.”
Tyler hugged them tightly.
“We’ll get them ready for you, Minus. Vulpix.”
They hugged him again before sending him back to the mortal Plane. Vulpix sighed sadly as she pressed her face into his scent.
“Miss him. Much already.”
Minus rubbed her fellow wife.
“ME too, Vulpix. They’re working on it.”
The fox spirit pressed her face into Minus’ large breasts.
“Please hurry. Want him.”

Tyler sighed as he was placed back in the room. Wink was right there with him.
“We’ll get to play with them again soon, Tyler.”
He hugged her tightly.
“I know we will, Wink. Still never liked leaving the ones I love.”
Malico and Lupa were sleeping with Sera and Thorn cuddling together between them, and Tyler smiled as he rolled the scroll up. HE slid it into Malico’s pouch without waking her and headed off to find Eri for her ranting time. Wink went to take a bath and rest from her wild sex. Eri was with Erica in her room looking at the party bestiary when tyler tapped a knuckle on the open door frame.
“Hey, Eri, wanna go yell at an old man?”
She smiled as Erica chuckled.
“I’ll let you into the study.”
The trio walked in and the queen shut the door. Tyler pulled a garnet out this time,
“Death Speech: Gruven.”
He cast the line into Death, and got the bite before ripping the man out. Tyler opened his eyes to see Gruven’s now white face as he saw Eri looking at him.
“I hope you know what you did, Tyler.”
Tyler just leaned on Ishtar’s desk.
“Ya got twenty minutes. Have at ye.”
The blonde mother walked up and hugged the man tightly.
“Dammit Gru. Ya damned coward I loved you.”
He held his love tightly as well.
“I’m sorry, Eri. I should’ve had more faith in you.”
She sniffed as tears fell.
“I loved you. Now, you’re dead and I’m still here. It hurts.”
He sighed as he patted her hair.
“You have your girl back. And that boy to look after you like I should’ve.”
She smiled at that.
“He’s the better man, Gru.”
He laughed.
“Agreed. I set the bar so damned low, he’d have to TRY to do worse.”
She kissed him lovingly and passionately before sighing.
“I don’t think I can forgive you for it. But. I can let it rest with you. You gave Vixen to us, and I kinda like her.”
Tyler smiled.
“Say it and I’ll set you on fire.”
“Was just gonna say everyone loves a busty fox.”
She blinked.
“Agreed, well played, and impressive.”
Gru sighed as he looked at his son.
“Look after her Like I should’ve.”
“Kaori’s the better blonde. But I will.”
That got a grin as Eri looked at the man.
“So you know? I WILL be comparing.”
Tyler and Gru looked at each other, and the dead man laughed.
“Well played.”
“Challenge accepted old man. I’ll be happy to steal yo girl.”
They busted up laughing at that and Gru sighed again.
“Times up. I’m Sorry, Eri. Tyler’s the one you should’ve fallen for in the first place.”
She smiled at her former love.
“I just might this time. Good bye, Gruven.”
“Good bye, Erica Von Lectis.”
Tyler let the ability go and Eri pounced on him for a hug.
“I got you.”
She just broke down crying as she mourned the loss of her lover and friend, and put the pain of her past to bed for her brighter future. Throughout it all, Tyler said nothing, stroking her long blonde hair as Erica sat in the chair watching wordlessly. Eri fell silent and just basked in the scarred boy holding her warm embrace as he stroked her hair in a soothing manner. She smiled at the feeling.
“Is this how you comforted kaori?”
He chuckled.
“Just a tighter hug.”
She snuggled deeper into it.
“I’m so glad she had you to protect her, Tyler. Like I should’ve.”
“We can protect her together now, Eri.”
She nodded.
“Yeah. We can.”
She moved out from his hug and blinked.
“Damn dude. You’re like a furnace. I’m cold now.”
He chuckled.
“Should cuddle with Lily. Girl’s a space heater on fierce.”
She laughed, then kissed him softly.
“Thank you for that.”
HE smiled at her.
“Thank YOU for Kaori.”
She smiled proudly.
“Good boy. So you know? I’m looking ahead to the bed.”
He smiled at her.
“I got time to take your ability to walk.”
She smiled now herself.
“Oh hell yeah!”
Erica sighed.
“My room’s open.”
“I’ll have you tonight, Erica!”
The queen laughed as Tyler followed the blonde lady out of the office to the queen’s chamber. There they stripped and Eri blinked at his ready sword.
“Okay. Liking it so far.”
He kissed her as she fit into her tightness and they started riding. Eri being a wild, passionate lover in the sheets as they played hard and sated their lust fully on each other. She was finished and lay there happily panting as Tyler chuckled beside her.
“Well, Eri, verdict?”
She laughed.
“Best by a long shot! Okay Tyler, that threeway is suddenly a LOT more plausible now!”
Tyler just kissed the fiery blonde.
“That’s up to kaori.”
“Good answer. So, we still going out on more raids?”
“Yup. So, enjoy the fullness!”
She laughed.
“I am sooo happy I came back! Now I have a question.”
“Kaori’s the better bedmate.”
“Good answer again. But not it.”
He looked at her curiously.
“Okay. What is it?”
She looked him in the eye.
“Did you just lay me to try and give me a better man to love? I’ve kinda been getting that vibe since we met.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I wanted to bed you because HOT BLONDE MILF! What straight guy in their right mind WOULDN’T want to leap into bed with such a prize?”
She laughed at that logic. Then she kissed him again, her naked breasts pressing into his mass of scars.
“Good answer yet again. And as for my question? I’m happy about it.”
He hugged her.
“I’m glad Kaori’s got her mother back.”
She hugged him tighter.
“I’m glad she’s got you. And I’m EAGER to get you again.”
“Sounds like fun. IF you survive Kaori’s interrogation.”
“Eep!”
“Holy Minus I just made Eri squeak.”
Eri was now red in the face as she remembered just WHAT she’d promised her daughter if she got bedded by Tyler. The scarred man saw this in her eyes and kissed her again.
“I can see my presence is no longer needed. I’ll go look at the next batch of bills as you have you chat.”
She grabbed his arm in a near panic.
“Help me?”
HE kissed her.
“I can kill lich kings for reps, dragons for fun, and demons for amusement, Eri. Can I help you in a post-sex interrogation with your daughter after you had sex with HER lover? Not even a god has that kind of power. Enjoy.”
He dressed and opened the door to see Kaori’s foot taping face outside it. He kissed her warmly.
“Still the best. I love you.”
She smiled on reflex as she kissed him back.
“She any good?”
HE leaned in to whisper in her ear.
“Very. Think Malico’s wildness meets Lily’s Fierceness plus Lymir’s sexual pleasure.”
Kaori shivered at the image.
“Oh damn. Now I’m curious.”
He patted her back.
“She’s all yours Kaori.”
The blonde girl walked into the bed chamber as her still naked mother was now TERRIFIED as she shut the door.
“Now then Mother. We need to have a little…chat.”
Tyler walked off laughing at the tone in Kaori’s warm voice. He found Wulf and Whisper looking out the window not far down the hall and got curious.
“See something odd?”
The mountain elf and the Scout laughed as they nodded to the Warrior’s sector.
“A riot broke out bout an hour ago over your ‘preferential’ treatment. I guess they couldn’t handle the fact you get to go everywhere and they can’t.”
Tyler looked and noted the number of pillars of smoke.
“Injuries?”
Wulf answered as he leaned on the wall.
“Nothing the white path temples couldn’t handle. Right now, I’d advise AGAINST another raid as the other Warriors are that kinda infuriated.”
Tyler sighed now.
“We just lost out on two full raids to their shit. That said, a mini break COULD do us a world of good.”
Whisper nodded.
“I was leaning towards outright asking for that, Tyler. I understand the point of not wanting our edge to be lost, and that’s a very wise fear make no mistake. But it is ALSO not a wise move to push yourself as hard as you all do to the extent you do if you take me meaning.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I do, Whisper. I kinda forgot about that. Okay, we’ll call this day done as we could use a good rest to let the arms adjust. Plus Lily’s arm too.”
Wulf nodded.
“I’ll go give the word. Lily’s arm is fine too, so you know. She examines it every night with Vixen before she sleeps.”
Tyler leaned on the wall to look at the still rising pillars and sighed.
“Something wrong?”
He smiled at Whisper.
“Just missing the road. I prefer it to city life to be honest.”
The weretiger nodded smiling.
“I hear that. I’d sometimes take a job from the board from Raylik and wind up in Yalik or even TopLeaf. Why I wound up in Term period.”
Tyler looked at the city again.
“It’s a special kinda feeling, just bouncing from place to place seeing what’s over there. One reason I freakin love this world so much. Want to just hop a horse and take the fuck off? Long as ya got the bare minimum of gear ya can.”
The two adventurers sighed as they longed for the freedom of the open road. Tyler looked at the dragon tower and smiled.
“I think I’ll collect Kaori and we’ll go get a look at the Tower.”
That got a knowing smile.
“A walk through your first adventure? I think the whole party would like to see it.”
“Oh that’s a great idea! Let’s get them.”
Tyler and the weretiger gathered the party and Kaori was smiling widely as he told her the plan.
“Let’s go show them where it began.”
They headed out and through the city that had once been out for Tyler and Kaori’s screams and blood as they headed for the Dragon Tower. The colossal structure was still a deep red and the scene of organized chaos as the Outcast party walked inside the place. Tyler gestured to a set of crates in an open area out of the way of the wagons coming and going.
“We’ll start at the top and show you the route we took to the ground.”
Lyrica smiled, as she too had been there.
“I sometimes have a hard time believing you’re the same boy that I had so nearly ensnared with my seduction spell.”
Tyler laughed as they climbed the stairs.
“That was more due to the Rias factor, Lyrica. Plus, well, YOU.”
Kaori laughed as well.
“he was entranced the second he saw you, Lyrica. I had to jab him with a fork!”
The party laughed as they reached the summoning chamber. Tyler pulled his switchblade out and passed it around.
“THAT was my first weapon in Lectis.”
Lily blinked as she saw it.
“This saved your life?”
“Many times, Lily. Many times.”
They walked to the now empty dining hall and Tyler pointed to the spot by the broken podium.
“That’s where I first saw Lyrica. Yeah. She had my FULL attention.”
HE then led them to a spot in the hall and sighed.
“And this is where gru died.”
Eri, Lyrica, and Erica said a few rods as Tyler kissed Kaori just cause. They continued with the tour, Tyler pointing out hiding spots and other places they’d used in their escape. They even found the guard room they had revamped their outfits in. Tyler smiled as he walked in and showed them the place. Wulf blinked as he saw the room.
“This is a scout storeroom. What a lucky find.”
Tyler was looking around reminiscing his and Kaori’s journey when he noticed a certain dust covered crate in the corner.
“No fucking way. Yo, Barbie, look there. That thing look familiar?”
She looked and just laughed.
“We hid our old clothes in there. What the hell?”
Tyler pulled it out and tore it open with his bare hands. Inside lay Kaori’s first outfit, her light T-shirt and skinny jeans, and his blood soaked black T-shirt and Hoodie and his Jeans. He took them out and Kaori smiled happily as she saw the shirt didn’t fit her anymore.
“I AM getting bigger! Yay!”
Tyler looked at Eri and passed her his hoodie.
“I think you’d like this more.”
She smiled at the kind gesture.
“I appreciate the thought. But you’d look better in it.”
He patted his jeans down, and laughed as he pulled his wallet out.
“Yo, check it.”
He passed his old ID around and everyone chuckled.
“He looked angry even then!”
“HE seems thinner for some reason.”
“Plus his eyes are more dead too.”
“Big brother looks better now.”
Tyler used a water spell to clean the three month old blood from his clothes before putting them in a pouch.
“Seems fitting in a way. Finding a token of our beginnings while looking at our present as we head for our future.”
The whole party looked at him in awe at his turn of phrase. Tyler looked at them, confused.
“What?”
Serafina just smiled inside her hood.
“You sounded like a Sage of some kind just then, Tyler.”
Erica nodded.
“I love the sentiment behind that. Shall we move on with our future?”
Tyler looked at Kaori and kissed her.
“I shoulda done that here. But ya know.”
She hugged him.
“I’m giving my shirt to Sylvia.”
“Sallie is going to love my hoodie.”
The two spirits laughed.
“As long as you clean them right!”
“Yay! Gifts!”
Tyler and Kaori walked out hand in hand as they then showed the next leg of the escape. There the party laughed as they saw the fabled spot they worked their wagon escape. Once back on the street they went to where Tyler had met and mugged Axe and Thorn before they found the tavern they’d spent their first night in Lectis. Erica, Eri and Lyrica just looked at each other.
“We’ve seen this place before, right ladies?”
Eri smiled.
“It WAS where we formed our party. You, me, Lyrica, Tolic, Gruven, Ishtar, Burlock, Greg and Houndra. The Misfits. I missed this old place.”
Tyler smiled.
“The Misfits? Sounds like a good crew. Now The Outcasts have taken The Misfits in.”
That got a warm hug as they went in. The place still as rowdy as ever and Tyler sighed.
“Feels like an entirely different lifetime we came in here half dead and on the run.”
He could almost see two kids sitting at one table. Half dead from hunger and exhaustion, one with a cloth covered sword on his right shoulder looking around at the room with his intense gaze as his beautiful companion hid beside him. He even spotted the same waitress that had served them then working as he and the party took seats at the table. Eri just laughing as they did.
“Look at the table kid. Tell me what ya see.”
Tyler and Kaori looked curiously, and busted up laughing. The names Erica Von Lectis, Gruven, Ishtar, Houndra, Erica, Burlock, Tolic, Greg, and Lyrica were carved deeply into the table with the words,
“Long live the Misfits!”
Tyler pulled out his dagger and the party added their own names to the list before Tyler added his own lines.
“Outcasts and Misfits together. Great times with better friends.”
They got their ales, and Tyler lifted his high.
“To the Misfits! The Outcasts got it from here!”
“Hail!”
They banged their mugs and threw em back as the man behind the bar smiled at the sight.
“The end of one legend and the beginnings of another. Both started at that table. I wonder if both will end at that table? Right, Gru? I wish you could see them now, Brother.”

Tyler and the party ate their fill and he tipped the smiling lady a few gold just cause before they went back to the palace.
“After the tavern we went to Burlock’s shop, got Dawn and Oblivion. Next day we were riding out for Dragul. Then we found Malico and the breasts kept on coming!”
They laughed as he kissed his favorite catgirl as Kaori sighed.
“we’ve had a helluva ride. And we’ve only been here THREE MONTHS!”
Tyler hugged her.
“Long as we’re together, Kaori, come hell or high dragon I’ll look after you.”
She kissed him.
“And I’ll keep yo dumbass outta trouble.”
“Love you too.”
The party just smiled as they walked back into the palace. Tyler looked at Lily.
“I got a few more weapons if ya’d like.”
She smiled as Erica spoke up.
“Ishtar’s in the office. I think he’d like to see them when you make them.”
“A good idea since last time.”
Tyler walked in to the office with Lily, and Ishtar smiled.
“I heard you gave them the tour.”
Tyler nodded and smiled.
“We even found our old clothes in a crate.”
The king sighed.
“A helluva journey and no mistake. So, since Lily’s here, I assume you’ve had a burst of inspiration?”
“Yup. Which reminds me I need to pay a visit to a certain shop that can work hell sheeps wool and spider wool.”
Ishtar and Lily picked RIGHT up on that coded message. The king wrote down some simple directions as Lily smiled.
“Not a word.”
The king nodded as well.
“Indeed.”
Tyler pulled out some paper as Willow was called on the coin. She saw the paper and chuckled.
“Let’s see what ya got.”
He drew a spear head this time. It had a small set of hooks that were clearly serrations and was two feet long. Willow blinked as she saw it.
“That’s a scary spear head. I’d recommend Tempesta’s input as that seems a dragon killer to me.”
The sky king was called and he laughed.
“I see that light! What ya got this time?”
HE showed him the spear head and the dragon rumbled.
“Hmmm, interesting design.”
Willow spoke her feelings on it.
“It seems like a dragon killer to me Lord Blue.”
“I see your fear Elf Queen. Hmm, I think that one is more a needs to be tested. Make the one and we’ll see. If it is, I’ll see it destroyed.”
Tyler nodded.
“We can use the Fallen dragons as Gini pigs.”
That got a laugh as he next drew a few arrowheads. One was just like a shark’s tooth, another that was more hypodermic needle then killer, and a nasty one that looked like a spiked nail. Lily tapped that last one.
“That looks like that armor piercer you showed me last time.”
Tyler smiled.
“It’s of the same vein, Lily. That’s made to pierce the armor, but NOT the entire man. Once inside the flesh, it hooks on using those spikes. If you try to removed it PERIOD it does far more damage then the initial hit. Only way to minimize the damage is to push it all the way through, snap the shaft, and remove it that way.”
Willow and Ishtar shuddered at the image he’d just presented.
“That’s an orcish trick, Tyler.”
“Indeed. Yet, against such creatures, just deserts. My question is this one here.”
HE tapped the needle and Tyler nodded.
“Fill that small part here with a poison or a paralytic. Useful for hunting.”
Willow frowned.
“I see your intentions for it. And they be a very good way for the taking of pelts. Yet I just see a slavers arrow in it.”
Ishtar nodded as well.
“As do I. The needle is so small as to not be felt and thus granting no chance to defend.”
Tyler nodded now himself.
“Ah. I see it too. Okay.”
He cut that one out as Willow looked at the last head.
“That one is a decent challenge. Plus is a great war shaft.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Can’t go wrong with a shark tooth. Oh, I got one.”
He drew another gauntlet with a set of 3 two feet claws with a hand grip. Willow smiled widely as she saw it.
“I love the way that looks. The ladies in the tavern can use them too!”
Ishtar was in agreement.
“Indeed. That last gauntlet, can you incorporate the same mechanism?”
Tyler smiled.
“Shouldn’t be an issue.”
He redrew the design, and now the thing was easily concealed in a long sleeve that only required a mere squeeze to release the claws. Willow nodded approvingly.
“I know a few ladies that will LOVE that thing.”
Tyler looked at Ishtar.
“Best part is the blades can be replaced.”
That got a laugh as Tyler looked at the next piece of paper.
“Hmmm, Huh.”
He drew long metal club with a nasty ball at the end with a slight curve in the rod that had a outright blade under the curve of the ball. Soon as Lily saw it, she gasped.
“That’s a nasty anti shield mace, Tyler.”
Tyler nodded.
“Only real way to counter it? Baiting the attack. Or rushing.”
Willow nodded.
“I like that one too.”
Tempesta rumbled in now.
“As do I. I wish to add the first to my trove.”
Willow opened her mouth,
“Lily can do it Tempesta. Once we get back to Spearview, I’m sure she’d love to try it out.”
Tyler beat her to it, and Lily hugged him hard as Tempesta laughed.
“Agreed. I will look forward to it.”
Willow smiled at Tyler’s ploy as Lily was glowing at her new opportunity to make a weapon specifically for Tempesta. Tyler looked back at the paper, and smiled again.
“The classic.”
He drew a long, thin sword with a lightly curved upward blade and handle. The hilt was an easy S shape and Willow smiled widely as she saw it.
“I love the way that looks! It even feels elegant looking at the mere drawing!”
Tyler chuckled.
“That’s a cavalry sabre. More a slashing weapon then a cutting. It’s brother is the cutlass.”
Tempesta chuckled now himself.
“I see your point. A most elegant weapon I admit. I’d like that one as well.”
Willow would handle the forging as Tyler looked at Lily.
“Hmm, what other…oh!”
He drew a small hatchet with serrations in the spine, a narrow blade, and was well balanced as well. Willow’s red eyes went wide as she saw the thing.
“I need that for my rangers, Tyler. A wood axe, throwing axe, saw, and even an axe for carving? A most useful tool.”
Ishtar was in agreement.
“My Scouts would also benefit as well.”
Tyler smiled.
“I can make a design for a knife that’s able to be launched like an arrow with a simple button. But, I’d need to consult with Minus as it’s a more…tricky weapon.”
Lily nodded now herself.
“That’s a good idea. When it comes to things like that, better safe then sorry.”
He rubbed her hair.
“It’s why I haven’t offered up the different cannon styles I know of.”
Ishtar nodded sagely.
“If you get the okay for the cannons, we’d need to consult Rolic. As the dwarves are this worlds experts on cannons and fire powder.”
Tyler frowned now.
“Should we include him on these weapon designs? Seems a good way to start an unnecessary conflict if his two bordering nations get access to new weapons and equipment and his does not.”
Ishtar and Willow looked at each other, shocked.
“Wow.”
“Agreed. He’s got a better head for kingcraft then I do! And I work at it!”
Tempesta offered his wisdom.
“I think you should at least try to. As I agree with Tyler’s thought. It is better to avoid any needless conflict wherever possible. Especially with the waves in play.”
The rulers nodded.
“We’ll include the king under the mountain.”
Tyler placed an extra coin and made the call.
“Rolic.”
The dwarven king appeared and saw the papers and others and raised an eye brow.
“Oh this oughta be good.”
Tyler smiled.
“I’ve got an offer for the dwarven kingdom, Rolic.”
The red haired king became very attentive now.
“Let’s here this offer, lad.”
Tyler pulled out the design for the bowie knife and passed it along. Rolic looked at it and nodded.
“I see. You got the approval to bring weapons and equipment from your world to Lectis. I see Ishtar and Willow were already a part of this deal. May I ask why the dwarves were NOT included in the first meeting?”
Tyler shrugged sheepishly.
“I forgot to include you. These are my designs that I mainly make for our camp smith to practice with. We had an issue between the Elven Queendom and Vernillion that involved the dragons, and that was when the first pact was made. As that was an issue strictly affecting these three factions, we really COULDN’T involve the dwarves.”
Rolic nodded.
“I see. I understand as well. May I ask why you sought to include us NOW?”
Tyler leaned on the wall.
“To avoid unnecessary conflict. Vernillion and the Queendom are getting new weapons and equipment designs from another world. Yet, Erolagard is NOT.”
The wise king under the mountain smiled.
“I see your worry, lad. If the two neighboring nations started arming themselves with new weapons without including the other nation they shared a border with, it would seem like they were gearing up for war.”
“Which is the last thing the world needs right now.”
“Agreed. So, the terms?”
Tyler smiled.
“I come up with designs, and sell them to your country for gold or trade for gear we need at that moment. Like the mess with the Lich kings. We’re set on that end, so for now gold is good enough. I have another copy of every design thus far and Tempesta can verify this. As a means of caution, he, Ishtar and willow sit in for my designs as a few have been the nasty kind.”
Rolic was listening raptly.
“When you say nasty, can you give an example?”
Tyler looked at Tempesta, and the dragon nodded.
“That one works best.”
Tyler took Lily’s shield and Rolic gasped.
“Living Additite?”
“It’s a metal from our world, Rolic. It’s just got special properties here. I made a step=by-step process to refine from awe rock, smelt, and work the metal. Problem was, it worked on other metals like Magicite.”
“The king got it then.
“The length of time to work the metal?”
“A mere two hours.”
HE gasped.
“That would cripple the smithing trade as a whole and ruin entire countries whose lifeblood is their smiths! I trust the design was destroyed?”
“By Tempesta.”
Rolic sighed with relief.
“And since you’re a loyal Oathkeeper, you won’t recreated it.”
“Wanna hear the kicker?”
“Sure.”
Tyler drew Oathkeeper.
“This one’s name? Oathkeeper.”
“Ha!”
“The other thing?”
Rolic was smiling widely.
“What lad?”
Tyler took the shield again and held a diamond up.
“You can engrave Additite with diamond tools.”
That got his attention.
“it can? May I ask how?”
Tyler smiled.
“Diamonds were the hardest substance in our world, Rolic. A saw made from diamond can cut through nearly anything. A common test on unknown rock or metal is a scratch test as the softer material gets the scratch. The saying in my old world is only a diamond can scratch another diamond. So, I think you can see where I’m going with it.”
“I do, lad. Your old world be a most advanced place indeed.”
Tyler tapped Ishtar’s desk.
“We got weaponry the size of this desk that could leave the entirety of Term a crater two hundred feet deep that humans could not set foot in for the poisoning of the very air you breathe.”
Everyone shuddered at that image, then Tyler told them of another weapon.
“We have gases so downright evil, that if a single vial the size of an apple were to be released in say Cragspire during an Elven Party of the entire population, not a single thing would draw breath after a mere thirty minutes.”
Rolic shuddered.
“Okay, lad. You’ve made your point. I’d like to be able to sleep tonight. Any other nasty designs?”
“A dragon killer, a slaver’s weapon, an assassin’s gauntlet with a spring loaded hidden blade, a few arrowheads, and I think that was really it.”
Tempesta thought for a moment.
“Indeed. A surprisingly small amount overall.”
Rolic looked at his new bowie knife design.
“Let’s talk gold. How much per paper?”
Tyler handed Rolic the last batch through and let him look them over.
“Hmm, two new forging methods, various weapons two new tools, how much did you get/”
“150 gold for the lot from each ruler.”
“I see. A fair price to be sure. We can offer the same amount.”
“Sounds good, Rolic. The first batch.”
He passed the first pile through and Rolic smiled.
“You work hard lad. Like I said before, you would make a fine dwarf.”
Though, once he saw the new steel methods, he frowned.
“Lad, these methods even I would find challenging. I’ll give you 250 gold just for these alone as my people love a good forge challenge. Though, this teardrop Damascus? That will make for simply beautiful weaponry.”
Tyler smiled.
“I was in the middle of a session as well.”
“I see. Here then, payment fort he lot as the Kingdom of Erolagard accepts the contract. May I ask how frequent these are?”
HE frowned.
“More as the inspiration hits.”
That got a chuckle.
“Fair. Ya sounded like an old smith there. I-what the hell?”
He took one piece of paper and Tyler grinned.
“Ya either just found the hook swords, or the sword breaker.”
Rolic just looked at the hook swords.
“Lad, these are simply terrifying to look at. Like what the hell?”
“Right? I thought the same thing when I saw em too. Every pointy bit on them things will either kill you or ROYALLY fuck you up when wielded the right way. It’s a strictly dual wielder set however, so be aware.”
The dwarven ruler nodded.
“Appreciate the warning. They scare me.”
He took up a piece of paper and wrote out the terms of the contract before fixing his seal to it and passing it to Tyler.
“Maybe I should get my OWN seal for this shit?”
That got a laugh as Ishtar and Willow passed their own contracts to him. He looked them over before putting them away as he looked at the paper anew.
“Hmm, I wonder.”
He drew a large double headed hammer with a slight ridge in the twin head with a nasty spike jutting out of the top. Lily looked at it and smiled.
“Simple, yet when wielded by one of strength, terrifying.”
Tyler nodded.
“Best part it can be used to break rock as well.”
Rolic got a twinkle in his eyes as he saw it.
“Aye lad, that it can! Me miners will love it due to the added benefit of defense in the mines. I’d like to add it to my pile if ya will.”
Ishtar frowned.
“I see the uses and benefits, yet Vernillion isn’t really a mining country.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I guess it’s just the question of which is superior: having the tools that do the job well already, but are narrow and focused? Or having the tools that do the job good but with a wider range of uses? All else fails, lest ya got a backup plan.”
Willow smiled at that.
“A very wise sentiment, Tyler. One I whole heartedly agree with. Me Queendom has a few mines, but a good hammer is always welcome.”
“Right Lily?”
She flipped her hammer and smiled.
“Damn straight.”
They laughed as Ishtar nodded.
“Okay, Tyler. Outside the mine it’s a nasty Warhammer. Inside a backup plan as you say.”
Tempesta chimed in next.
“Out of curiosity, but what am I to pay you with for these, Tyler? You and your party are well equipped for the fighting of the undead.”
Tyler crossed his arms now.
“Huh. Good question, Tempesta. We’ll say gold and trades on request. Sound fair?”
The dragon laughed.
“Agreed. As for the hammer? I’ve never really been a fan of Warhammers.”
Tyler pulled a fresh sheet out.
“Let’s see. What else have I got in here…..oh! I know!”
He drew a weapon similar in style to the katana. It was 3 feet long, single edged with a slight curve with a wide guard and hilt for one hand or two. Lily smiled as she saw it.
“I want one of those. What is it?”
Tyler tapped it.
“It’s called a Kodachi, Lily. Or the Shield Sword. When wielded properly, it can get around nearly any other weapon due to one factor. Can you tell me what that is?”
Her eyebrows furrowed and she looked at it closer as she pondered his question.
“Hmm, it’s shorter then Kaori’s katana, yet longer then me short sword. Lighter looking too. I think speed of use?”
Tyler tilted his head back and forth.
“Yes and no. It’s a lot lighter than it looks, which in turn leads to faster strikes, this is true. Yet the Kodachi’s true power comes from utterly controlling the opponent’s reach.”
Her red eyes flashed with understanding.
“I get it now! Since it’s so light and easy to move, you can add say an agile fighter to weave around even a dagger wielder since the thing is never far from either a counter or a block! Even against a greatsword, no, especially against a greatsword, one can just duck under the clunkier blade and cut the idiot to pieces in seconds!”
Tyler hugged his student.
“Exactly, Lily. In my world, these things can even block the bullets from guns due to that simple factor. Plus they can be wielded separately or dual.”
Willow was smiling with pride at her daughter.
“A fine lesson learned, Lily. And even better taught, Tyler.”
Lily smiled as she hugged him.
“If I ever need something explained Momma, he’s always ready to tell me. He may prod us to try and figure it out on our own, but if we ever CAN’T he’ll tell in a way to see it the next time such a question arises.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Sometimes even the best of us need an explanation, Lily.”
Rolic was beaming as he saw the Outcast teach a lesson first hand.
“We need more teachers like you, Tyler the Outcast. Desperately. This blade I am also interested in.”
Tempesta spoke up.
“I am as well. I’ve always rather liked the look of Kaori’s katana.”
Tyler smiled.
“Tell her that, big blue. It’d make her day. Now, I have a question.”
They looked at him.
“Oh shit here we go.”
“Nice to bother people. When I’m making the designs, should I keep it confined to camp and behind closed doors? Or is it safe enough to work on at a tavern table?”
Willow gave the council,
“I’d council you to be aware of your surroundings as you worked. In case of a stolen design. A common practice for an active smith is in a corner away from unwanted eyes, as sometimes inspiration hits at the most unusual of times.”
Tyler nodded.
“I see. We’re a large party, so blocking sigh is an easy task. Thanks Willow.”
“You’re welcome Tyler. Now, as far as these meetings go? I’d advise they STAY a closed doors or camp occurrence.”
“I understand. It’s a camp gimmick on the road after the spells are up.”
He leaned back again as he dug into his archive.
“Hmm, I could try another siege engine.”
The rulers became attentive as he drew up a design for a large catapult on four wheels. Rolic smiled as he saw it.
“I like that one, Lad! Even a child could use it!”
Willow and Ishtar nodded as well.
“Indeed. It even looks easy to produce.”
He added it to the pile before looking to Rolic.
“So, Rolic. I understand the dwarves are this worlds experts on cannons, is this accurate?”
The red bearded king laughed.
“Aye lad, we made the first cannons. May I ask why?”
“I have a few designs, but let me clear it with me WIFE.”
He blew for Malico as the men applauded their fellow man’s jab. The busty catgirl came in smiling.
“Need me?”
He kissed her.
“Always need a good cat. Right now? I got a question for Minus.”
She purred as she passed him the scroll.
“Love you too.”
Tyler rolled it out and Minus sighed contentedly.
“What can I do for you love?”
“Just got a question on the cannons from my world. Not the guns, but the actual cannons.”
She laughed.
“Allowed. As long as you’re careful.”
“Would you like to see the ones I mean?”
“I always want to spend time with you. Just leave the scroll open and I’ll see.”
He sighed.
“I was kinda hoping you’d appear.”
She was sad now too.
“I wish, Love. Sadly, I can’t appear on the Mortal plane again today. Plus our romp? I need to recharge my Mortal Shell.”
He placed a hand on her scroll.
“if only it were that easy, right?”
He felt her warmth through the scroll.
“If only.”
Tyler sighed sadly again, then got back to business. He looked at Rolic.
“For the cannons we’d need a separate contract, Rolic as they be outside my area of expertise.”
he nodded.
“Agreed. What do you purpose?”
Tyler crossed his arms.
“I’ll come up with the designs and base measurements, the dwarves test them out as they have the knowledge I just don’t. If it works, we work out a price for sale to the other nations. If not, and in case of injury, I can pay for the damage. Sound fair?”
Rolic sat back in his chair.
“Hmm, these designs, may I see an example first?”
“Sure. Minus, what about shot?”
She laughed.
“Just be careful.”
“Love you too. Okay, I’ll start with a classic howitzer.”
He drew a cannon on a set of wagon wheels with precise measurements, types of shot best recommended, and even max effective range and targets. He passed it to Rolic and he nodded.
“I see. This is a new design entirely. A most scary one indeed. That said, it is a rather simple one to test. I trust upon completion of said test you wish to be contacted?”
Tyler nodded.
“Indeed. For both results and to see the deal go through, since I put it forth first.”
“You should more like a merchant then a Warrior. Agreed. Now, since this be a more hazardous form of equipment, in Erolagard, payments are rendered upon a successful test. Any loss of life or limb is taken from the payment as a lawful tax. Does this sound fair?”
Tyler smiled.
“It does, Rolic. In that event of death or injury, I’d request a list of names and where to find them for a visit once we head that way.”
The king laughed.
“Appreciated, lad. And most kind. But not needed. These dwarves live for the bangs of cannon fire. Even as a means of gratitude, such a display would insult their honor and pride as cannoneers.”
Tyler nodded in understanding.
“Ah. I understand. Kinda a kneejerk reaction of mine. I make a mess I clean it sorta thing. I have another cannon. This with a special purpose.”
Rolic watched as Tyler drew up a large tube set into a tilted wooden block that allowed for tilting one way or the other. Rolic frowned as he saw it.
“I’m having a hard time seeing a use for such an oddly aimed weapon, Tyler.”
“Allow me to explain.”
Tyler drew a diagram with the cannon on a small hill with a fort with high walls at the bottom of the hill.
“Okay. This type of cannon is called a ‘mortar’ it’s main purpose is high reaching arching shots. Like so.”
He drew a dotted line from the cannon to a target inside the wall.
“Since they rely on height and precision over distance, they be most useful for reaching over walls. Same time, if tilted forwards, the arc is stretched outward further than the flat aimed cannons due to the arc. Are you with me so far?”
The dwarven king was.
“I am, Lad. A most intriguing weapon and no mistake. May I ask WHERE it be used best?”
Tyler smiled.
“Sea faring ships. Put them in the bow of say a Man-o-war or a Ship-o-the-line and you get a helluva blockade runner. As a good mortar has the distance advantage over most other longarm cannons.”
Ishtar smiled now.
“The sailors will love them for dealing with pirates.”
Tyler smiled again.
“Speaking of pirates. That reminds me of another cannon type. Called a Swivel cannon.”
Minus chimed in now.
“Careful, Love. That one’s a touchy one as it uses similar methods to that other one.”
“Thanks Minus. Love you.”
She sighed happily as Tyler chuckled.
“I think I have my time period limit now. Oh, love you, Vulpix!”
The fox goddess laughed.
“Love too! Thank you!”
HE chuckled as he looked at the paper.
“What about the triple barrel?”
Minus thought for a moment.
“Which version?”
HE frowned now himself.
“Wow. I forgot there’s two.”
“Three love.”
“Wait three? Holy shit. I’m leaning towards the rotating.”
“Hmm sorry, love. That one’s just OVER the line.”
“I guess that’s fair. Saw it in a movie once and thought it badass. What about the side-by-side version?”
“That’s allowed, but only just love. Like touching it.”
“Damn. I’ll leave it out then. What about the wooden cannon?”
She laughed.
“That’s fine. Plus is kinda an odd one.”
He drew up a design for the wooden cannon with measurements, shot, and effective range before passing it to Rolic.
“Hmm, cheap to make, and if it works a very welcome addition to small villages.”
Tyler crossed his arms.
“Are muskets banned, Minus?”
The scroll smiled.
“Sadly so, Love. They’re in the works however as like you said when you first asked.”
“Just reading your fine print, Minus.”
He looked at the paper.
“Shot next. I can’t introduce that better shape, right?”
That made her go into thought.
“Actually, Love, that’s a good question. Hmmm, it’s in nature to a certain degree, yet has yet to be used by the races. Same time it’s a simple thing to discover. On the other hand….okay, Love. If you were NOT a Warrior it would be fine. But, since you are, I’m afraid it’s just a little TOO much. Thank you for the good one.”
“Sure Minus. I can’t nudge the research along right?”
“No, Love. Using your knowledge, like your Additite test is acceptable as it merely tests and teaches a method we have or know of. The diamond was also allowed due to it being a mere tool. If you wanted to say turn coal into the stone that would not be allowed as that process and research doesn’t exist in this world. Follow?”
Tyler nodded.
“I think I do, Minus. I can use things like my map knowledge to find caves, my diamond trick and event each it as they’re mere tricks that can be happened upon whether or not I’m a Warrior. Yet, the actual sciences from my world are NOT allowed.”
She smiled.
“Exactly Love. So, to answer your question? Sadly you’re not allowed to really AID research for a nation.”
“Yet, that one guy was researching raising the dead?”
“A different kind of research, Love. The advancement of weaponry is beyond your potential jobs as your knowledge is too far beyond this world. Same with some medical treatments you know of. They being the drug compounds.”
Tyler nodded again.
“I think I get the picture. I can’t influence the research, merely react to it.”
“In not as many words. Knowing you and your mind, Love? You’d accidently create a city killer.”
Tyler rubbed his head ruefully.
“Scary thing is you’re not wrong Minus. I know the materials needed, the basics for how to use them, and even a few of the methods needed. Yeah, a few years testing and I really COULD make one. Not gonna though.”
The room laughed as Tyler remembered something.
“Hey, Minus, what about that projectile Knife?”
The scroll frowned.
“Another good one. Let me think on it, Love, as it’s ON the line.”
“Sure Minus. I’ll draw up a few normal weapons as cannons were never my area of expertise.”
Her scroll smiled as he drew another curved sword. This one dropping in the center of the spine to rise up in a vicious tip before dropping in a thick belly to rejoin the hilt in an elegant finish. Willow smiled as she saw it.
“I like the way that looks.”
“That’s a heavy Scimitar, Willow. Wield it in pairs and watch the blood fly.”
Ishtar nodded as well now.
“Aye, Tyler. I’d like to have this one as well.”
“Love.”
“Here, Minus.”
The scroll sighed.
“I made a decision.”
“The verdict?”
She laughed.
“I consulted with another Balance deity as it was just that kind of close call. She said it’s best to say no as it’s just too risky.”
“And better to err on the side of caution. I get it. By the way, which deity was it?”
Minus chuckled.
“Her name is Tally. Her sphere is Just decisions, sound reasoning, and wise rulings. If the deities need a choice made or an extra mind to pick we got to her for council as her rulings are always true.”
“Is she under your rule?”
“No Love. She’s the Queen of the pantheon of Courts. I rule the Scale, as in banks, Markets, deeds, debts and the like. She rules a similar system, only hers is honor, fair play, rules, and decisions. An example is the court room as a trial is a place for wise decisions, truth, and sound reasoning. Levelus was a god of justice and such under my rule due to him having the bounty boards in his sphere since that’s a form of market.”
Tyler absorbed the new information as he weighed.
“Do the spheres ever overlap?”
She laughed.
“Indeed, Love. Atrocity, for example, shares spheres with Judge, as they both deal in punishments from time to time. I for example, do not overlap as such I rule my pantheon.”
“Tell Judge I said hi. Like I told her before, nifty system you got here, Minus.”
“I will, Love.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes now.
“Hmm, Okay, I have my time period limit. What about the Grenada?”
“The first version is fine Love. Just not the advanced one.”
“Love you too.”
He drew a small ceramic ball with a fuse before passing it to Rolic. Soon as he saw it the dwarven king busted up laughing.
“Oooh the testers will LOVE playing with that!”
“Just make sure they LOOK before they throw. Get it wrong and it’ll be a mess.”
“Agreed and thank you for the warning.”
Tyler nodded.
“Alright. I am out of ideas for this one.”
The rulers looked at the papers as Tempesta weighed his own payments. Ishtar finishing first.
“Vernillion will pay 250 for the lot.”
Willow spoke next.
“The Queendom 350 for my batch.”
Rolic nodded.
“Erolagard 750. The cannon and thrown bomb are on their way to be tested the only way dwarves know how to test.”
Tyler smiled.
“Cold logic and reasoning?”
He busted up laughing.
“Aye lad! Well said!”
Tempesta spoke now.
“I have a few weapons in my trove your party might find useful. Look and see.”
The dragon made ther images of a blue/red spear with a collapse function, a red/black shield 3 feet across with a collapse function, a red/white staff tipped with a Ruby, and a red ruby necklace That Tyler smiled at.
“Deal. That necklace will make a certain blonde I love smile.”
That got a grin from all as Tempesta sent the weapons to him. Tyler took the necklace and put it in his pouch as the rest of the new gear was put in the other as Lily and Ishtar promised to not say anything. The meeting ended and Tyler hugged Lily as he went to see someone about a new dress for Kaori. He followed Ishtar’s directions and found the shop in question. HE had the hell Sheep wool and leftover spider silk as he blew for Wulf. The ranger joining him at the shop and chuckling,
“I see.”
They went in and Tyler smiled as he saw the lady behind the counter was another Sprite. This one had long blue hair, deep blue eyes and light blue wings. Her skin was even blue. She smiled as the two men approached her.
“Well, well, two ladies in the near future have a most wonderous surprise in store for them. I be Link. A pleasure. What can I do for you?”
Tyler pulled out a design for Kaori’s next dress and slid it on the counter. The blue sprite gasped. This one was strapless and would sit around her torso just under her arms, leaving her shoulders bare along with her arms as well. The thing fell to her lower legs with a slit up the side for both movement and showing off. The color was a deep blue like the open ocean with a line of purest white starting at her left shoulder, and wrapping around her body to the bottom of the dress. One her arms to her elbows would be gloves of a flaming red with a blue heart on the backs of the hands on and on her feet were a pair of white two inch heels with a red toe. He smiled as he tapped it.
“I’d like on an enchantment on a sapphire ring. With the ability to merge with the ruby ring of the same type of enchantment. She tapes it, and BAM! New ring new dress.”
The sprite was awestruck.
“That lady will look beautiful! The cloth?”
“Hell sheep and spider silk”
She nodded.
“I need a decent sapphire.”
HE placed a four foot gem on the counter with twice the required amount for wool and silk, giving Wulf the leftovers. The sprite nodded.
“The ring will merge perfectly. The cost for a true masterpiece is 350 gold.”
Tyler placed 700.
“I’m looking for the best you can do, Miss Link.”
She smiled happily.
“It will be or I have no business with wings. It’ll be ready in a few hours.”
Wulf made a simple set of clothes for Ashy with a brown topaz and jet for her ring and the two men left the sprite to her work. Tyler looking at another piece of paper as he considered his next masterpiece. Wulf just smiled.
“You keep doing that and it’ll break her.”
Tyler smiled.
“I do it right, Wulf.”
“Agreed. Eri is going to LOSE it.”
“Bonus.”
Tyler went to the bounty booth and found Stream as Wulf left to go be with Ashy. The river elf smiled as he placed the head on the tray.
“Tyler, welcome back! Who’d you find me today?”
He smiled.
“Lor the enslaver.”
She nodded.
“Just a moment Tyler.”
He waited patiently until the identity was confirmed.
“Your total today is 450 gold. See you next time.”
Tyler smiled and headed to the room to check on Lupa. He found the wolf spirit in her human form with Sera and Thorn wrapped up in her white wolf tail sound asleep. He smiled at the sight of Sera with the elven girl in her arms. Lupa smiled as she saw him.
“Hello, Tyler. Need me?”
HE walked over and sat beside her as he patted Sera’s soft black hair.
“Just checking on you. I guess Sera here has her own now.”
The lady smiled fondly.
“She does. They are so cute together. And I’m doing okay as well. My form is recharged, but these two love my fur.”
He chuckled quietly.
“Never go wrong with good wolf fur.”
She smiled at that. Happy, he headed out to go see Kaori. He found the blonde girl resting on a couch in another room. She smiled as she saw him walk in.
“Hey. Miss me?”
He kissed her and she sighed.
“Want me?”
“Always. Got time?”
She got up and closed the door.
“I always have time for you.”
The two lovers stripped and played for a few hours before just laying in the bed. Kaori smiled as she kissed him.
“I love you, Tyler.”
He held her tightly to him.
“I love you too, Kaori.”
She smiled as she rested her head on his chest.
“So, Eri’s still alive.”
He chuckled as he stroked her blonde hair.
“I bet that was a battle for the ages.”
She kissed him again.
“We’ve reached an…agreement.”
“Oh shit.”
“love you too.”
He held her tightly.
“What’s the blonde word?”
Kaori smiled.
“we’ll see about that threeway. She’s curious and I’m curious. Worst case you get one after the other.”
HE smiled.
“I get to be in bed with YOU Kaori. Best case out there.”
She smiled and passed him a crystal.
“I spotted a runner earlier.”
She got comfier as he put into the HUD.
“Today in Vernillion. The Warriors are still idiots, The Outcast met Atrocity, and Dagon Keep is no more. Let us start with the Warriors. As of the time of this publishing, the riots are still under way as these whining children sought to force entry into the closed off buildings such as taverns, the bank, and exchange. Their bandit leader Max leading the charge from the back ranks as they just could not handle the so-called ‘preferential’ treatment Tyler, Ashy, and Kaori receive as they may come and go as they please in any place in the realm while those same doors are barred to them. The Outcast has yet to step in to either end the riots or really have anything to do with the other Warriors. If these children wish to continue to draw breath, they better hope he DOESN’T step in. Now it is a well-known tale at this point Tyler has Minus the Scale Queen as his goddess wife, and believe this writer reader, she loves him and he loves her. Well, it would seem the Scale Queen’s older sister wanted to test the mettle of her dear sister’s lover herself. That’s right reader, Atrocity, the realm queller, set foot in the Mortal realm today to see Tyler herself. The exact specifics of the meeting are unknown, but Tyler has stated she wanted to quote,
“She wanted to make sure I was worthy of Minus’ love. I’m not, but ya know. Sisters look after each other.”
A wise man indeed. The test she gave the Outcast is also unknown, that said a large, green dome of raw destructive power was seen during this time and the guild mages swore to it’s power as akin to a high dragon’s rage. The Scouts were dispatched to find out just WHAT happened, and reader? We have a new canyon at the site Dagon Keep once stood! The crater is easily several hundred meters deep, and a thousand wide. Whatever caused that blast we all pray is friendly or able to be reasoned with at the least. In other news, Tyler has taken a new face into the camp. Who is the newest Outcast? The Fireball herself! That’s right reader, Erica Von Lectis rides in a Warrior party with her daughter and her lover. We at the guild applaud Tyler’s mettle if he was able to convince the legendary Warrior to NOT kill him on sight and even join his camp as well! That boy has a camp of legends now, reader. I just pray he doesn’t make the mother of his love mad. But, in the guild’s opinion? He’ll bed her too.”
Tyler and Kaori looked at each other knowingly.
“Too late. Already did.”
Kaori kissed him.
“Scary thing? I might as well!”
He laughed as he held her tightly.
“New world new us.”
That got a laugh.
“I guess in Lectis it happens a lot. Sometimes a lost child finds a partner or a bed mate and only learn after it was a relative or something.”
Tyler kissed her again.
“Weird place Lectis. But, smile and nod.”
She yawned.
“Let’s rest for a bit.”
Sallie and Sylvia took their shell forms and joined the lovers in the bed. Sallie taking her spot on Tyler’s chest as Sylvia nestled herself into Kaori’s warm cleavage. Once Tyler pulled the blankets up over the green haired girl’s body she sighed.
“Love you too, Daddy.”
He smiled as the small family drifted off.
Tyler next opened his eyes to see Sallie softly breathing on his chest holding Sylvia’s hand. He smiled as he used his picture feature. Cute. She giggled sweetly.
“Sneaky daddy! Stealing photos of sleeping girls?”
He hugged her tightly as Sylvia got deeper into her cuddle of Kaori. Tyler snuggled the smaller girl like a cat as she giggled softly. She sighed happily.
“I love you, Daddy.”
He snuggled her again.
“Love you too Sparkles.”
She giggled as Kaori popped her green eye open.
“Love you too, Sweetie.”
Sylvia just hugged the lady.
“Love you too, Momma.”
The small family hugged again before Tyler chuckled.
“I got something to pick up now.”
Kaori gulped.
“Oh shit I know that look.”
He kissed her as the spirits returned to spirit form.
“I’ll be back Kaori.”
“Jesus that’s scary when you do that.”
They dressed and he walked out to find a foot tapping Eri waiting for them. Tyler patted her shoulder.
“I’ll be right back.”
He left a now confused Eri with a now TERRIFIED Kaori as he went to see Link. He spotted Lycan rocking her new gear in the throne room as she chatted with Serafina about something. Those two alone in the same room? Seems like a recipe for something nasty. He walked out and threw an orange with a bored expression at Kazuma’s face as he passed, getting a round of laughter from the still gathered crowd. He found Link’s shop and went inside. The blue sprite was smiling widely as he walked in.
“This be me finest work, lad.”
She passed the small box to him and he smiled at the sparkling blue sapphire.
“It’ll merge with the ruby and if she wishes to wear one ring, or both she may. Plus, the two outfits can be swapped on the fly.”
He put an extra 350 gold on the counter with a happy smile.
“Thanks Link. Watch for idiots.”
She smiled.
“Go make that girl go insane.”
He walked out smiling.
“Me plan.”
He left the store and could faintly hear the sounds of chaos from the still rioting Warriors and he shook his head. If those idiots keep us up tonight I’ll SHUT THEM UP. He walked back up into the palace and went right for the room Kaori was sitting in with Eri. He shut the door and Kaori gulped as he walked up.
“Oh shit. What’d you do?”
He smiled as he pulled her to her feet and stood her in the center of the room.
“Close your eyes and hold out your hand.”
Eri blinked, then gave him a VERY intense stare as Kaori held out her new trembling hand and closed her eyes. Tyler placed the sapphire ring on the same finger as the ruby, and he smiled as he saw the two merge. The sapphire was in place and he nodded.
“You can look now.”
She did, and gasped at the sparkling blue.
“It’s beautiful!”
“Tap it.”
Eri was watching with all the intensity of a wildlife photographer seeing a wild white tiger as Kaori hit the sapphire. Instead of fire this time, she was hit with a raging ocean wave of the deepest, purest blue before she was clad in her newest dress. He held up a mirror and she spun like a small girl with her very first dress. He smiled as she looked like she was wearing the ocean instead of mere clothing, and Eri was gaping at her beautiful daughter in her gorgeous dress as Tyler smiled at her.
“It landed perfectly. Tap the thing again.”
She looked, and saw the red of the ruby in the deep blue. She hit the red, and was engulfed in the fire from her previous dress before getting clad in it. Eri had tears of joy in her green eyes at the glamourous gifts Tyler had showered her daughter in. Kaori tapped the ring again and was back in her blue dress as she kissed him.
“I love it. I love you! Thank you!”
He kissed her lovingly.
“I love you, Kaori.”
She smiled proudly as she turned to her mother.
“See?”
Eri just smiled at the happy couple.
“Kaori, you have the most wonderful lover. Those dresses are beautiful. Tyler? Where’d you get them?”
He passed her his sketches and she just teared up further.
“All this just to make her smile.”
He smiled.
“I love Kaori with everything I am, Eri. So, I’m constantly looking for a means to put a smile on her face.”
He got a hug from the overjoyed mother.
“She picked a truly great one.”
He chuckled.
“She learned from the best.”
That got him a tighter hug as Kaori hugged her mother too.
“I love you, Mom. This is how he cares for me.”
Eri heled her daughter now.
“I’m jealous. And I’ll keep the new dress a secret for the ball.”
Tyler smiled again.
“That ball is going to be a good one.”
Kaori noted the look,
“Oh shit he’s not done!”
Eri looked at him now as well, with a little fear.
“The hell?”
He smiled wider.
“Wait an see.”
eri just looked at her daughter.
“Holy shit that is terrifying.”
He laughed as a knock was heard on the door.
“I seek the Outcast!”
Tyler opened the door to see a runner outside.
“I be Outcast lad.”
The boy smiled as he relayed his message,
“The King be needing you Sir. He’s in his office.”
“Good lad.”
He gave him 20 silver and looked at the ladies.
“Wonder what the new mess is.”
He left the laughing ladies to head for the office. Ishtar was looking at a map of the city with Wulf, Whisper, Erica and Lyrica. Tyler sighed as he shut the door.
“You want me to make a point?”
Ishtar sighed deeply.
“I do Tyler. I’d like you to go out there and put the riots down. Harshly. My people are tired of these displays and the destruction they bring. My knights are too.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes.
“Okay. Sooo, I still can’t kill them, right?”
The king nodded sadly.
“Unfortunately not. Just…terrify them.”
Wulf tapped the sector in question.
“All the civilians have been evacuated.”
Tyler sighed again.
“Fine. I’ll hit them with ocean’s fury. Let them nearly drown a few times. That should make the picture clear.”
Ishtar smiled ruefully.
“I’m sorry I’m laying this at your feet, Tyler. But if you DON’T step in while in the city”
“It’ll just cause more problems. I know. But. I am NOT going to keep doing this for you, Ishtar.”
The king nodded.
“I understand. Like you told Lillia, it is NOT your job to babysit the realm if they refuse to accept it this last time, I’ll lock them in the sector with food deliveries and they not able to set foot outside it.”
Tyler nodded.
“Alright then. I’ll be right back.”
He left the room and set out for the sector in question. I hate this crap. Longer we stay in the city more problems Ishtar will ask me to solve FOR him. No. This the last boon I do for the city. He found the knights in a shield wall and was let through as Max was rallying the other Warriors for another charge.
“we’re Warriors! We can do whatever we want! Be grateful we-“
“Dude. Just shut the hell up.”
The boy looked to see Tyler walking out from the wall of shields with a VERY bored expression, and sneered.
“Or what retard? You can’t touch us!”
“Ocean’s fury.”
The ENTIRE sector was flooded with 55 feet of roiling ocean waves as Max and the other Warriors were lifted ten feet in the air by the water and started to drown. Tyler walked through the waters unaffected to look the boy in the eyes as he released the spell and they dropped to the ground gasping for breath.
“Ya gonna give me anymore shit?”
The boy sneered again.
“Way to waste your mana.”
“Here. Look.”
Tyler made his numbers be seen by all. Max just started trembling.
“How? HOW DID YOU GET THOSE?!”
“Ocean’s fury.”
They went right back to drowning as Tyler sighed.
“I work asshole. Hard.”
He dropped them to the ground and passed his bestiary over.
“Read it an piss yourself.”
The bully did, and did. As everyone was gasping for air from the repeated drownings he had a look of enraged disbelief.
“The weakest kid in school has these kinds of numbers? And he did NOTHING of real worth?”
“Ocean’s fury.”
Back to drowning as Tyler pulled his sapphire staffsword for the boosted power. He let them drop again and Max glared at him.
“You won’t kill us. You CAN’T kill us even if you wanted to.”
Tyler smiled darkly now as a scroll was passed to him by a knight. He looked,
“Do as you must. Wulf raised a most important point. They do these things because they think they can’t be touched. Make the point.”
Tyler smiled widely at this and looked around until he spotted his heffer of a sister choking as his step father attempted CPR. Tyler looked at Max.
“You really think I can’t kill you? ANY of you?”
The bully spit at him.
“You CAN’T KILL ANY OF US! You need us to fight he wave!”
“Let’s test this assertion then.”
Tyler dragged his now screaming sister into full view and slammed the thing on the ground as Max laughed.
“What? You gonna torture her? We all know you’d heal her right after!”
Tyler’s smile got the darker.
“Ice wall. Water wall. Hallowed ground.”
The Warriors were then trapped inside the walls of ice and water on the street as Tyler pulled his Sgian Dao.
“This has been a LOOONG time coming.”
He looked at the scroll and saw a line he’d missed from Wulf.
“Minus said that ONE killed Cursed Warrior is allowed. I’ll let you choose as long as it’s a painful one.”
Tyler looked at Max.
“Pay close attention Max.”
Tyler began the cut and the whale screamed in agony as the other Warriors, and two spirits they could not see jumped for joy as the vile heffer was made to scream in full view of the Warriors for a period of 9 full hours as Tyler healed her as she was about to die just to keep the pain going. Tyler’s eyes were lit with the darkest of lights as he gleefully laughed at the wails and screams.
“How’s it feel bitch? I NEVER screamed, never pleaded for the pain to stop. Sylvia didn’t either did she? Come on bitch! Let’s see that spine!”
Max and the rest of the Warriors watched hypnotized by the blood, screams and sadistic joy as Tyler made his sister feel a fraction of his life. At the ten hour mark, he sighed.
“Okay. I’m bored.”
He looked at his list of tools,
“Let’s see…eh fuck it ocean water’s too good for her.”
He pulled his spear and stabbed the broken thing in the heart.
“Ha! I’ve skewered a whale!”
She died sobbing as Tyler looked Max in the eye as he pulled the weapon out.
“Cut the shit. I have to come back to deal with you idiots again the pain will be doubled.”
The walls were dropped as the mind shattered Warriors were dragged back to their sector with the ruined body of the heffer strung up as proof of the day’s events. Tyler wiped his blades off as he returned to the office where Wulf clasped hands.
“We saw on a crystal. I was there vicariously. Thank you.”
Sylvia appeared and hugged him.
“I loved every second, Tyler. Thank you.”
He chuckled as he saw the scroll.
“That count as enough of a horror for the curse Minus?”
She laughed.
“Indeed, love. The other deities had believed it was going to be a PAINLESS death. I tried to tell them, but they didn’t believe me.”
He chuckled as he placed a hand on her scroll.
“How bout now?”
She laughed again.
“You got the eye of a few punishment goddesses now! Judge was impressed, saying that was a perfect form of punishment for that evil whale.”
Tyler looked at Ishtar.
“So, the wave.”
Minus answered.
“The Monsters will just be more in number. That’s all.”
He laughed.
“I love a good rampage. Plus I think I proved my point.”
Ishtar smiled widely.
“I saw the look on Max’s face as he was thrown back into the sector. That was the look one gets when reality hits like a dragon. Either he’ll be MUCH more docile now,”
“Or just lays his sword down entirely.”
Minus sighed.
“He can’t ley it down until the waves pass Love. If he tries it’ll just cause him pain.”
Tyler nodded.
“That works. Leave the corpse up to rot.”
Ishtar smiled.
“Was gonna. So, the next time they try and make a mess, I’ll just have my fire mages set them alight.”
Tyler nodded.
“I’m not here to babysit the realm. Nor police it either. If you need my help with something like a demon chamber or the like that’s fine. But I, nor will my party, fight the realms crime in the gutters.”
Ishtar nodded sagely.
“Agreed. I didn’t WANT to ask you period, but Wulf here said we needed to scare these idiots. And in all the realm no one scares people like you do, Tyler.”
That got a laugh.
“fair enough. Scarin the hell outta people’s fun.”
The room laughed as Tyler looked at the scroll.
“I’ll try not to interfere in the curse again, Minus.”
The scroll laughed.
“I understand love. But, as long as the end is either painful or humiliating, the punishment deities will be satisfied.”
“Kill max by choking him to death with his severed penis. Gotchya.”
The men in the room, except Tyler, shuddered at the image he’d just presented. Tyler smiled.
“Okay. I’ll find me busty kittycat and we’ll power down. Morning we’ll be back on the raid.”
The scroll sighed as he rolled it up.
“I love you too.”
He smiled as he left the office to find Malico. The catgirl was lounging on a window sill looking out at the city when he came up stroking her fur, making her purr.
“Ready?”
She smiled and followed him to their duo night. Tyler shut the door and Malico was naked as her massive rack flopped. He joined her and entered her as he kissed his favorite cat.
“I missed you, Malico.”
She sighed as she got her longed for cream.
“I missed you, Tyler.”
They went at each other for a few hours before laying in the bed as they recovered from the sex. He had an arm around her and was stroking her large breast from that side as he kissed her.
“I love you, Malico. Your tail is my tail.”
She purred at that as she draped her tail over her lover. He petted it as she sighed.
“I love you too, Tyler. My tail is your tail.”
Sallie and Sylvia appeared and snuggled between the pair.
“We love you too!”
They laughed and sandwiched the two spirits between them. Though Sylvia was nearly lost to sight as she snuggled into Malico’s glorious melons. Once comfy, Tyler kissed her warmly.
“Good night, Malico. I love you.”
She purred.
“I love you too, Tyler.”
The happy pair drifted off with the soft breathing of the spirits between them.

DAYS UNTIL WAVE: 13

Tyler next opened his eyes to see Malico’s slumbering face beside him, and he smiled. I love this world. And that cat. He looked down and saw Sallie and Sylvia cuddled together between their warm bodies in a small cocoon made form their arms, blankets, and Malico’s rack. Tyler smiled as he kissed the sexy catgirl awake, getting a warm purr for her effort.
“Morning love.”
She smiled.
“Good morning Love.”
She saw the spirits spot and sighed happily.
“They look just like a pair of kittens like that.”
He smiled at the image.
“And you their sexy mother.”
She sighed as she tail danced behind her.
“In time?”
HE looked at her.
“Maybe. Kaori’s first.”
That got a happy smile as the girls woke with cute yawns to snuggle more into Malico’s warm fur.
“wow, Malico! You’re so warm!”
The cat purred as she hugged the two girls.
“So are you two cuties!”
Tyler smiled.
“Let’s get cleaned up, ladies. we’re back on the raid again.”
They laughed and went for the bath. Tyler found Wink waiting in the tub for him and he laughed as he joined the pink Sprite.
“Miss me Wink?”
She snuggled her soul like a cat once he was in the water.
“Just a lot. I’d like to have you today. Just me.”
He hugged her.
“We’ll play Wink. I got Lily and the girls for a cuddle fest tonight, so be warned.”
She laughed as she kissed him.
“I know. I’m joining for the cuddles.”
He kissed the happy Sprite as Goldi and Slivi, the elven maid twins, came in. Tyler chuckled.
“Feel free ladies. Wink, hungry?”
They laughed as the two beauties got in the tub as Wink fitted herself for her morning ride.
“Oooh what a good Lover!”
“feeding his Sprite first thing in the morning?”
“She’s beautiful, oh! Look! She’s getting her cream!”
“Awww, Look, Goldi! She likes it!”
“Wow, she’s getting more!”
Wink and Tyler laughed and loved as the elves watched and enjoyed the show as they cleaned the two after the play. The pair went for breakfast and Tyler teased her by flicking her Ds on her small frame, getting light moans and squeaks from the fun loving Sprite.
“Hey, Wink.”
She looked as he kissed her before he smiled.
“I think we can leave that issue tabled.”
She busted up laughing at the bad pun and hugged him.
“More?”
He stroked her soft wings.
“Hmm, I guess you got the cream of the crop.”
She snorted at that one as she laughed.
“That was bad! I loved it!”
He looked around the room for inspiration, and smiled as he noticed she was wearing her new gear. Her thigh length gown now a deep pink with thin leg warmers and arm warmers as well. He smiled at her.
“You look really good in those, Wink”
She smiled happily.
“Thank you. I love how they feel.”
“I love how YOU feel too.”
He got a kiss as she hugged him.
“I’m so happy I got filled by you.”
He held her tightly too.
“I’m so happy I GOT to fill you.”
She purred like a cat as he stroked her wings again,
“I guess you like the soft stuff.”
She snorted.
“Nice.”
They hugged again before she sat on his knee as the rest of the party filed in and sat at the table. Once everyone was gathered he smiled.
“We’re getting more bills today. How’s everyone feeling?”
The party did a body check, and Eri played spokeswomen.
“We’re good. We still doing large scale?”
Tyler nodded.
“I’d like ONE large scale per raid. We need the practice outnumbered. So, I’d like three a day.”
Wulf crossed his arms now.
“we might exhaust the larger scale bills. What’s the plan then?”
Tyler smiled.
“Then we go for new creatures we haven’t killed yet or have only killed the once.”
Kaori sighed.
“I just pray we don’t have to fight trolls again.”
They laughed at that heartfelt wish. Tyler looked at Wulf and Whisper.
“I’ll make the Lich King compendiums as we look at bills. Rest gear up. Wink? Get the flutter on.”
She cracked up as the party went to the tasks. Tyler and his two friends went to the guild where he went for Ruby as Wulf and Whisper looked at bills. The lady smiled as she saw him approach.
“What can I do for you, Tyler?”
He smiled.
“Looking to make a compendium on the Lich kings.”
She blinked,
“Sir what will you do with them, if I may ask?”
“Get Ishtar and the other rulers to make copies and hand them to the monster fighters the realm over.”
She sighed with relief.
“We need that knowledge. Okay, place you hand on the Oracle.”
He did, and the 9 volumes appeared.
“That’ll be 55 silver.”
He took the tomes and headed to see what was found thus far. Wulf passed him one.
“Got one for a cave.”
Tyler looked at is.
“Wanted: clearing of a cave on my property. The thing of late has been giving off an evil aura and would like it cleared. Reward is 25 silver. An easy one. Sure. Plus a nice change of pace.”
Whisper passed him another.
“Got one for a Durandal troop. 25 creatures.”
“Those are fun. Reward is 15 gold. Nice.”
Tyler smiled as he looked around at the board.
“Okay. Let’s see. Oh, there’s a classic. Slaying of a bandit camp. Reward is 95 silver. Been too long since we hit a bandit camp.”
Wulf smiled as well now.
“I’ve got one for a dire wolf pack. Rewards 2 gold.”
“Lots of easy jobs today. I kinda like it. Oh! Got a Cursed Wall. There’s our pancaker.”
“I’ve got one for a giant camp.”
“Reward?”
“5 gold.”
“Nice one. Lots of smaller raids so far.”
Wulf passed him one.
“More goblins.”
“Nifty. I’ll make em hurt.”
The guild looked at him in shock, and Wulf smiled.
“You kept your word.”
Tyler nodded.
“I still hate them things. But the rage was used. So, I let it go to just kill them. I’ll still hunt them to genocide and all, but ya know. Let’s see, 50 silver? Pff, I’ll kill them for free.”
He added the bill to the pile and Whisper came with three more bills.
“Not sure why, but we got three more goblin camps. Look.”
Tyler and Wulf did, and the Outcast frowned.
“The hell? They’re right next to each other.”
He pulled the map out and looked at the area.
“Yup. Looks like a gathering. I’ll have Ishtar ready the wagon.”
They nodded and looked at the board again.
“Wow. Got a demon sighting.”
Tyler looked at Wulf.
“Just a sighting is worthy of a bill?”
He nodded.
“Indeed as this is usually the most warning we get. We’ve never really NEEDED the warning as we trip over them all too often. Reward for the kill is 10 gold.”
Tyler placed it on the pile and nodded.
“Let’s go. We got a four part rescue op to undertake.”
The trio left and Tyler went right for Ishtar’s office. The king sighed as he saw the bills.
“The wagon and knights will stand ready.”
Tyler then placed the copies for the tomes on the Lich kings on the desk. Ishtar nodded gravely.
“I’ll have these duplicated to the letter and spread throughout the realm.”
Tyler took the bills before rallying the party. He set the four out.
“These FIRST. Once they’re dead we’ll have Ishtar send the wagon. I’m betting plenty of captives, so Sera? Sasha? Be ready for cuddle and hug death.”
They nodded as Eri looked at Kaori.
“Why isn’t he on the verge of a rage like usual?”
Kaori smiled proudly.
“Because he used that rage to fuel that blast yesterday. Once it was used up he let it go as it was hurting the spirits.”
She sighed.
“All that destruction from his feelings. If he had my explosion spell he could reduce Vernillion to a crater.”
Tyler smiled.
“Outcasts. Move out.”
They moved for their mounts and headed to the task. Wink riding on Tyler’s horse as the Sprite loved being close to the man. They passed through the Warrior sector, and Tyler laughed at the hanging corpse that was the heffer as the whale that was his mother sat sobbing at the loss of her perfect daughter.
“I warned ya I’d get my revenge whale!”
The lady cast a spell at them, only to miss and hit the house behind them, and set it ablaze with not a single soul lifting a finger to put it out. Wulf smiled as he saw the flames take root.
“The gate will drop and that sector will burn. Now they don’t even have a roof to sleep under.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Just because of one woman’s cruelty.”
The first hit was the single goblin camp. Tyler pulled his spear and was whistling as he walked into the place, noting the lack of captives.
“Let’s see. What am I going to do to you?”
He dove into the pack stabbing with his pear.
“Hmm, Water bolt.”
He killed the goblin spell caster,
“Waterwall.”
The wall was 75 feet tall now as he encased the camp.
“WaterFall.”
The creatures were crushed under the resulting slam of water. Tyler smiled as he walked around stabbing each creature to make sure they were well and truly dead. The camp was looted and they walked away 1 gold coin richer. Tyler chuckled as the bodies were piled up.
“Got one for ya Furiosa.”
The green dragon landed and she blinked.
“The rage. It’s gone.”
HE chuckled.
“I used the roar yesterday and let it go.”
She poked his head with her snout in acknowledgement.
“I see. I am amazed you kept your word on the fuel. Tell me, do you feel better?”
He smiled as he placed a hand on Sallie’s head.
“Much, Furiosa. I’ve refilled the dam with my Love for Kaori and the others. That will make the next blast ten times more powerful.”
She blinked.
“Heart. I saw the new canyon. Just be careful using such destructive power.”
Tyler tilted his head now.
“I will. But I just thought of something.”
“Oh shit here we go.”
“Love you too. The wave battlefield. I’ll use that gold spell dragon surge as an example. If that spell were to be used by me in the wave battlefield, would the land OUTSIDE the wave be affected?”
Eri came forward.
“I can answer that, Tyler.”
He looked at the veteran Wave fighter.
“Oh right. I forgot.”
She smirked.
“If you didn’t recruit me for my experience, why DID you even bother?”
“I’d thought Kaori would love to go adventurin with her mother.”
She smiled.
“Good answer. As to your question? Any damage done to the land in the wave is undone when it ends, so long as it ends in a victory for our side. A loss is if EVERY Warrior surrenders. If they do, the wave monsters descend upon the land freely.”
“And since they’re so strong.”
“Mass death and chaos result.”
Tyler nodded.
“I thought that was the fix. Okay, I’ve got a couple field wipers in reserve in case. We’re not surrendering.”
The party roared at that as he looked at the green dragon.
“We got a few more camps in the area. So, heads up.”
She laughed as she placed her scales on the ground.
“I’ll look forward to them.”
The dragon set the pile aflame and Tyler smiled.
“Let’s hit the next goblin camp!”
The party laughed as they got back on their mounts. Wink enjoying her spot in front of him as he spotted a small bridge in the distance.
“Hey, Wink.”
She looked at him curiously.
“I’m glad we got to bridge our gap.”
She busted up laughing as Lily threw a rock at him.
“Are ya TRYING to make me hit ya with me hammer?”
Tyler laughed.
“Nailed it!”
Wink was wheezing at that one as Eri came riding up beside him, just to backhand the taste outta his mouth.
“I lose years every time you do that you stupid bastard.”
“I guess Time’s a wastin then!”
Wink was laughing so hard she was having trouble breathing! Lily passed her hammer to Eri, who promptly hit him in the face with it. The entire party had looks of absolute agony from the horrendous puns.
“Say one more bad pun and I’ll hit you in the balls with it.”
He smiled as he rubbed the recovering Wink on her back.
“I’m outta juice anyway.”
Eri glared at him a moment longer before passing the Hammer back to Lily. Tyler was rubbing Wink’s back soothingly in little circles as she couched from her laughing fit.
“You good?”
She smiled as she recovered.
“Yeah. Thanks for that.”
He hugged her.
“Always fun making you laugh, Wink.”
She sighed as Lycan came up smiling.
“You have a most amusing sense of humor Lord Outcast. I love it.”
He smiled at the werewolf.
“I love a good bad pun. Plus the reactions are always priceless.”
Sera sighed.
“I KNEW he was doing that on purpose. Bastard.”
“Love you too, Sis!”
“Yay!”
The party smiled at Sera’s cute joy. Then she had a nervous look now.
“Hey, Tyler?”
“what up?”
She had a shy smile now.
“Can Thorn join the cuddles tonight?”
He smiled.
“Long as she promises to NOT murder me in me sleep.”
Sera smiled happily.
“I’ll make sure she does!”
Tyler gulped.
“You DO mean make her promise to not kill me, right?”
“Teehee!”
“Sera?”
The princess just smiled sweetly.
“Trust me big brother!”
Tyler gulped again.
“Grrreeat. Now I’m terrified.”
“Teehee!”
The party laughed as Erica patted her daughter.
“Make that bastard sweat, Sera!”
She blushed, and Erica just looked at Tyler bemused.
“Tyler.”
He looked at her.
“Yeah, Erica?”
She smiled sweetly now herself.
“I’ll be in the next room.”
“Ahhh fuck.”
The party was laughing at his new found predicament as the dismount spot came into sight. Tyler pulled his staffsword.
“We’re on alert here. We got three camps in spitting distance of each other. Possible TopLeaf.”
The party nodded as the newcomers looked to the more experienced members. Kaori smiled.
“It’s our code for army on the march. We’ve fought monster armies on similar oddities.”
Lyrica smiled.
“A wise secret message. And a good way to make sure unintended ears do not give way to an unneeded panic.”
Tyler smiled then.
“I’ve got Peerless tactician as a title.”
That made the newcomers blink. Then Erica smiled widely.
“We have the very best field commander then.”
The party moved to the attack as Sasha stayed back as guard dog for the horses. Tyler led the way with Wulf and Whisper right beside him as they found a high point to see the first camp. Soon as he did, he grinned.
“Heads up. We’ve got a goblin Lord in play.”
The camps were actually ONE large camp filled with 350 of the evil little creatures. Tyler picked out fifteen captives and nodded.
“Okay. Secure the prisoners FIRST. Lycan, Erica, use the walls spells to make sure the creatures can’t touch them. Eri, Kaori, Lyrica, set the perimeter on fire, nothing in our out. Vixen, make an illusion of a demon walking in to take command. Wink, once the walls are in place, start the healing spells and try to comfort them. Wulf, Sera, Ashy. Stay here and make the sky rain arrows. Serafina, Malico, play assassin. That goblin Lord’s mine. Lucy, Thistle, kick their door in. Lupa? Go wild. Whisper join Wulf with the archers. Questions?”
Silence.
“Kill em all.”
Tyler dropped into a shadowy area as the two defense mages readied their spells. Tyler smiled as Lucy and Thistle shattered the creatures poorly made gate to launch a foolish seeming head on attack. As the creatures looked at them in surprise, walls of water rose up around the three sets of captives as the perimeter of the camp burst into flames as Tyler surged forward with his whirling blades leaving mush behind him. Wink fluttered just above the first hail of arrows enhanced with multishaft skills to cast her healing spells upon the wailing captives. Vixen had opted to use her illusions to terrify the things with images of demons attacking them. Serafina and Malico were hunting the ring of fire dropping the green skinned creatures with ease. Lucy and Thistle were laughing as the two powerful ladies laid waste with their weapons, watching pieces of the creatures fly through the air as Tyler carved a path forward towards the 8 foot tall Goblin Lord. Sera giggled as she saw a shot. Tyler was about to pounce on the thing when an arrow took it in the head, dropping it dead to the ground leaving Tyler looking at it bemused.
“What the hell?”
He looked over to see Sera getting a pat on the back from Wulf for a successful theft. He smiled fondly.
“Ooooh, Little Sera. I love you. But it is SOOOO on!”
He dove into the remainder of the creatures as Sera giggled happily as she rained hell. Ashy smiled at the proud princess.
“Nice shot Sera. But, 10 gold says you just opened a door.”
“Eep!”
She squeaked as she remembered who she just pranked. She looked at Wulf with huge blue eyes.
“Help?”
The ranger patted her hair affectionately.
“You play the prank deal with the consequences Little Sera.”
the poor girl was now TERRIFYED of Tyler’s payback prank. She saw Lily holding the goblins back from the spot the archers were standing and aided her fried as she hoped Lily’s fierceness would protect her. Lily was heard laughing then.
“Sera! Nice shot an all, buuuut ya stepped in it now!”
The girl just gulped. Tyler at that point was killing the last goblin. Once it dropped the party descended to release the captives as Serafina and a few others went to clear the small cave at the back of the camp. The captives were healed from their hurts and he restored sight to three as Serafina came back with three more captives. Tyler looked at them, ready with a healing spell, only to gasp. The three women were heavily pregnant with SOMETHING inside them, if the way their bellies were ballooned were anything to go by. He looked at Wulf, and the ranger sighed.
“Goblin’s sometimes force a captive to become pregnant with the child of the goblin as a hybrid. Only the Goblin Lord can impregnant a human or elven woman though.”
Tyler looked at the clear blank stares on the women’s faces.
“Is there anything to do?”
Whisper sighed.
“No. The women will kill themselves now. As they’re minds are just that ruined. Best thing we can do is you cast that healing spell. It’ll purify their bodies and remove the vile things from within them.”
He and Wink hit the ladies with their strongest healing spells and their bellies deflated as the things inside them died and was reduced to mere waste. The now healed women just stood there, utterly unaware of their surroundings as their minds had shattered from the trauma. Tyler was about to cast a holy relief, when Wulf sighed.
“They can’t be saved. Would you want to live with the knowledge you were impregnated with a monster’s child?”
Tyler let the spell die and looked at Serafina and Vixen.
“Make it a painless one.”
The ladies nodded as he pulled out the coin.
“Ishtar.”
The king appeared.
“We need the wagon.”
He sighed.
“How bad?”
“15 saved. There was a Goblin Lord here. 3 to be buried.”
The king shuddered.
“Those poor souls. The knights are leaving now.”
Tyler watched as Serafina and Vixen gave each lady a drink before laying them on the ground as they passed into a dreamless eternity. Lucy and Thistle came over now.
“Do we bury them here?”
Ishtar spoke up.
“We’ll lay them to rest by then purity plot. It’s specifically for souls like them. We’ll transport the bodies in another wagon.”
“We’ll get to looting and more healing.”
The coin went dark as Tyler with Wink cast more healing spells and gave out blankets as the women waited for their wagon. It showing up a mere ten minutes later with Axe and Thorn with the knights. Tyler laid the bodies in the second transport wagon himself before the convoy left. The camp netted the party 63 gold, 334 silver, 764 coppers. The bodies were piled up and Tyler looked at the sky.
“We got one for you Furiosa.”
She landed and saw the lord corpse.
“Those poor souls.”
She gave him then scales and the pile was set to burn. The party rode out to the next hit in silence as they sought to push the horrors they had found from their minds. Tyler sighed.
“We need some fun. Lets see.”
He looked at the bills.
“The goblins are dead. Next up will be….that Demon. That’s should be a good one.”
Wink hugged him.
“You okay?”
He patted her wings.
“I’m fine Wink. I guess we forgot we can’t save everyone. No matter how strong we are.”
She sighed.
“Poor bastards.”
“They’re free now.”
Sallie and Sylvia put their two cents in.
“We saw them for a minute before Death took them with it. They said thank you.”
He nodded.
“Thanks Sallie. Let’s have fun at hell’s expense, okay?”
That got a grin from the party as they rode to the sighting location. Tyler looked at the ground and noted the clear hoof prints.
“Looks like it just went by. Be careful.”
The party hopped down as Lupa the wolf spirit sniffed the things.
“I can track it easily enough.”
Tyler smiled.
“I’d like to get eyes on before I call Tempesta.”
They nodded before moving behind the hunting wolf. Tyler and the party sped through the plains as Lupa stayed right on the fell beast’s trail. Tyler smiled as they saw the thing. It being 9 feet tall, with ruined red wings and red skin.
“Got one for you Tempesta.”
The dragon flew up as the demon screamed at the sudden appearance of the Sky king. The party laughed at the sight as the dragon dropped the horn before the scales. Tyler chuckled.
“That thing didn’t know WHAT the fuck just happened! Thanks big blue!”
Tempesta was laughing as well.
“That was priceless! It had no clue where it even was when I grabbed it!”
They got their scales and Tyler looked at the bills.
“Let’s deal with the cave next. I’m betting another Demon chamber or some other bullshit.”
Tempesta looked at the bill.
“Hmmm, I know that cave. I’ll stay nearby since your luck in weird caves.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Watch it be a new raiser trying to revive that red dude with the ring fetish.”
That got a snort from the dragon.
“There’s one every century.”
“Of course there is.”
The party rode out to the cave in question to see a local lumberjack putting a fence in around the entrance. The burly man tipped his hat to the party as Tyler greeted him.
“We be with the guild. Name’s Tyler the Outcast.”
The man smiled.
“well met outcast. I be Brock Woodsmen. A few weeks back this here cave started giving off a mighty eerie feelin, so I put in the request for the clearing. Thankee kindly.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Don’t thank till AFTER the issues solved. We’ll go poke around.”
The man nodded as Tyler and the party drew weapons and headed inside. Tyler having Oblivion and Oathkeeper out as they moved further inside with his detection skills on full blast. Vixen and Lyrica frowned.
“I know this feeling.”
“As do I Fox. Heads up, that’s a summoning in place.”
“Shit. Guards up.”
The party got serious as they neared the back of the cave. There they heard words being exchanged,
“Why have you called to me puny human?”
“To make a contract.”
“What do you have to offer me?”
Tyler grinned and strode into view around a rock slab to see a thin man in black robes sitting at the edge of a circle of chalk and candles with a 12 foot tall demon floating above it. Tyler just laughed.
“Been a while since I’ve seen a Pride Demon. Shows over fucks.”
The man was white in the face as the demon broke free from the poor summoning circle.
“You think you can kill me? No wonder Gruven let you kill him. Such a pathetic child.”
Eri was about to fly at the thing in a blind rage when Kaori placed a hand on her shoulder.
“Watch.”
The mother did as Tyler chuckled.
“How’s it feel to be so pathetic that even THIS jackass could summon you?”
A vein bulged. Tyler continued.
“I mean, you ARE humanities pet bitch an all.”
Another bulging vein, Tyler was smiling arrogantly.
“But at least have the common decency to NOT come running like a trained dog to EVERY hand that offers you a treat! Or do you just want a fresh hand up your ass to help you talk?”
The demon bellowed in pure rage, and went to do…something. Only for Tyler’s twin short swords to suddenly sprout from it’s heart.
“Gotchya bitch!”
The thing died as Eri was laughing with the party at Tyler’s taunts. The man was shaking as Tyler picked up the horn. Then he looked at the would-be demon summoner curiously.
“The hell we gonna do with this guy? Can I kill him?”
Kaori and Malico groaned.
“Still a heartless bastard.”
“At least he’s consistent, Malico. Vixen?”
The black mage had burned away the circle and was laughing.
“Your circle was pathetic. If we hadn’t shown up you would’ve just set loose a new greater pride demon in the world.”
She looked at Tyler.
“If we brought him to Ishtar he’d hang for this offense. That said, since he summoned a pride demon, let’s let Tempesta decide his fate.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Sooo I CAN’T kill him?”
Kaori just smacked him.
“No, Tyler. You cannot kill this idiot.”
“Dammit. Lily? How’s the walls looking?”
She shrugged.
“Some iron, tin, a good bit of marble, and even a small vein of arsenic.”
Tyler frowned.
“Isn’t that a toxic mineral?”
Vixen explained.
“In your world perhaps. In Lectis it’s used as a fuel for the airships, like Skycite but not as potent. I guess the material has special properties in Lectis that make it work.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Weird place Lectis. In our world Arsenic is both poisonous and useless. We’ll take it and get moving.”
The walls were mined, which made Eri smile. She chuckled as she saw Kaori dig the vein of tin from the wall.
“I see he pushes the jack-of-all trades angle. Wise lad.”
Tyler smiled at the fiery blonde.
“Another thing is mining helps build strength and stamina. Not by much but every little bit helps. I’ve been wondering if we should add logging to the toolbox though.”
Wulf offered his elven expertise.
“I’d advise against it really. Ore is a very stable, workable source of coin and training. Logging isn’t really as accessible since good wood is hard to find.”
Tyler rubbed his chin.
“Fair enough. I wonder if it’s worth having in case we DO find a good tree?”
Kaori looked over from the wall.
“I’d say it’s either or. We can add it but it’s not really necessary. Or really viable since we spend so little time in the forests to start with.”
Tyler leaned on a wall.
“That’s true. I think we’ll have to see where the next staging ground is and look then. Wulf made a point with the accessibility as caves are practically everywhere and rock faces everywhere else.”
The blonde girl smiled.
“I agree there. If we head up to Cragspire with the grounds, we can look around the forests there.”
Tyler smiled.
“Alright. We’ll do that. We set on the ore?”
Lily made her report.
“I just need to get this last bit of marble out. Got it. Clear!”
Eri was amazed by the mini strategy meeting they just had, plus impressed by her daughter’s clear role of secondary expert. She looked at Erica beside her smiling.
“This is a fine camp, Erica.”
The Queen nodded, also impressed.
“Tyler’s always looking to the next goal or task. I guess he’s always the first up on the road. Be curious to see how their camp works in the actual field.”
Lyrica was on prisoner detail nearby with Lucy. The red headed succubus smiled.
“I am too, Erica. I get the idea they’ll be set up in ten minutes.”
Lucy snorted,
“Nay, Lust Devil. 5 tops.”
They laughed as the cave was cleaned. Tyler dragged the to-be condemned idiot out of the cave by his collar. Brock was waiting patiently for the party to return. He chuckled as he saw the prisoner.
“I see someone was up to something he shouldn’t have been. How bad was it?”
Tyler sighed.
“This idiot was trying to make a contract with a pride demon when we walked in. I killed it, the circle’s ruined, and we got a friend for this guy to meet.”
The lumberjack blinked in shock.
“A Pride demon ya say? By the gods.”
Tyler looked at the sky.
“Called it Tempesta.”
The dragon landed laughing.
“Of course you did. Demon?”
Tyler threw the attempted summoner onto the dirt.
“Demon. This guy was lookin to make a contract with a greater pride demon. I waited just enough for the hooves to touch stone before pissing it off. It’s dead, circle’s wrecked, and we got this guy.”
The dragon looked at the cowering man.
“Hmm, THIS idiot was able to entice a greater pride from the lower realms?”
Vixen laughed.
“His circle was pathetic, Lord Blue! The thing showed up as it was a guaranteed escape from the lower realm!”
Tempesta snorted.
“idiots and magic.”
Tyler sighed as he rubbed his hair.
“Agreed. So, him.”
Tempesta looked at him again.
“In the human kingdom, he’d hang for this stupidity. Why didn’t you kill him?”
Kaori whacked Tyler with a tired expression on her pretty face.
“Because I’m a lot nicer than he is.”
The dragon laughed.
“Fair enough. I’ll do it.”
The man was incinerated and tyler got the scales before looking ot a laughing Brock.
“I just wanted a cave cleared out! And I get to meet the Outcasts AND see Tempesta? Ha! The worlds a strange place an no mistake. Okay lad. Heres yer pay. 25 silver lad.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Keep it. The demon was a bit o good fun. Cave’s clean too.”
The man smiled.
“Thankee kindly. Take care now.”
“You too.”
They rode out and Tyler looked at the bills.
“Hmm, the bandit camp. I wonder.”
Erica smiled.
“Another test?”
“I’m considering it. But I know better then to trust bandits. Oh, I’ll send Eri with them. That’s should be enough.”
Sera, Lillia and Lily smiled as Eri was confused so Erica filled her in.
“Tyler’s still training Sera, Lillia and Lily. He’ll send them in WITHOUT him helping them against different creatures to see how they do. He’s sending you with them as you need practice as well, plus to help in case of any nasty surprises. Wulf or Whisper will guide you there, but the actual killing is you four’s job.”
The blonde mother blinked.
“That’s a rather good system for teaching adventurers. Wow.”
They reached the spot and Tyler had Wulf with Whisper led the hunters. As they left he pulled up his HUD and distributed his newest points. Then he went to look at the bills.
“Lets see. The goblins are dead, cave clean, demon dead and the bandits are getting killed. Up next is the Cursed Wall, then the Durandal troop, dire pack, that giant camp, and that was really it since we found the three goblin camps. Not bad for a warm up.”
Lyrica laughed.
“I haven’t even had to pretend to try yet!”
Tyler smiled.
“I’d like to find something a bit more of a challenge next run.”
Ashy came up now.
“I was wondering about that.”
He looked at her.
“What’s up?”
She crossed her arms.
“We’ve been killing a lot of really large creatures a lot recently. I was wondering if the ecosystem can handle the sudden loss of so many like that.”
Tyler frowned now himself,
“Wow, Ashy. You’re right. Hmmm,”
He looked at Lupa on sera’s horse.
“Hey, Lupa? Did you catch that?”
The wolf spirit hopped down to give her response.
“You needn’t worry. I know your world was ruined by such extremes, but in Lectis the nature deities actually pay attention. If the creatures start to decrease in numbers too rapidly, a Natural Decree goes into effect. It basically boosts the growth rate, birth rate, and defenses of the afflicted creature to it’s max to account for the lost numbers. Monsters like goblins and giants are different. If they’re hunted to extinction, then the world gets a breather from the creature for a period of time. Then they are reborn into the world to maintain balance.”
Tyler smiled.
“I’ll kill every goblin I see then. So, if the animals get hunted too extremely”
Lupa chuckled.
“They get boons from nature themselves to make sure the world survives. It must be strange to you Warriors; living in a world the gods actually CARE about.”
Tyler smiled again.
“More care about the right things.”
Ashy was in full agreement.
“And not really concerned with who beds who.”
That got a laugh as the whistles vibrated.
“Lets see the damage.”
They found the camp in ruins with Eri and the girls clapping for successful raid. Lily nudged a dead man.
“He was the leader. Can you see if he’s got a bounty?”
He smiled.
“Just because I like you.”
She whacked him lightly with her shield as he looked.
“Hmm. Yoli. Wanted dead…eh. 50 gold. Small fry. But gold’s gold. He your kill, Lily?”
She nodded.
“He wielded this thing.”
She passed him a Magicite mace. Tyler took it and it glowed blue/white.
“Huh. We don’t really HAVE a mace user in the party.”
The members shrugged.
“They’re a decent weapon, but blades do the job the better.”
Lily nodded.
“I don’t really like it either.”
“Market I guess.”
They laughed as Eri came over.
“So, question.”
“Sure.”
She looked around at the camp.
“Since we killed the camp ourselves, does that mean we get the pick of the loot first?”
He nodded.
“Yup. Plus getting to claim the bounty if he was your kill and turning in the bill.”
She smiled.
“I’ll claim that mace then. I kinda like glowing weapons.”
He chuckled as he gave it to her.
“If you see something you like speak up. I don’t really care about the loot, as I already got what I need.”
She smiled as she placed it in a pouch.
“I guess when you have mythril everything, yeah.”
He looked at her.
“I meant Kaori. I have her. The hell else could I need?”
He got a warm kiss as Eri smiled at the rigged conversation.
“Smooth bastard. Keep it up.”
The camp netted 65 silver 123 coppers. And a few banned spells Malico hid in her pouch. Tyler smiled.
“Let’s hit the Durandal troop next. Last is the giant camp. We’ll have the girls do another test.”
They smiled as they went. Eri looked at Erica.
“What’s that one?”
The queen chuckled.
“Sera, Lillia and Lily kill a giant one on one with only their swords.”
Eri blinked.
“The hell?”
Sera’s mother laughed.
“I had the same reaction, Eri. But they did it.”
Lily muttered darkly.
“Even if mine tripped. Damned idiot.”
They laughed at their favorite bloodthirsty elf. The hippos on stilts were hunted without issue and they were off to the giant camp. This camp being more hill giants with about 45 creatures inside. The beasts were thinned to the three and the tests performed. Lily smiling in satisfaction as hers did NOT trip this time, and giving her a good fight.
“Still a damned idiot.”
They laughed as they walked away 10 gold, 88 silver 132 coppers richer. Tyler smiled.
“The dire wolves are next.”
Sera smiled.
“I’ll try an beat me record.”
The wolves were caught napping and killed as Lupa and Lycan laughed.
“any good pack leader knows not to rest on a hunt!”
“he was such a pup.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Alright. We’re set. We’ll head back and rest as me and Wulf unload the goods. The next batch is after that.”
The party nodded and headed back to Term. Wink was happily bouncing in front of Tyler on his horse as they went. He smiled as he hugged the fun loving sprite, making her laugh. The party rode into the city and laughed at the pillar of smoke rising from the Warrior sector.
“Guess they didn’t put it out.”
Wulf shook his head.
“With a pillar like that? The whole sector’s burning.”
Lily just sighed.
“Damned idiots.”
They stabled their horses before Tyler and Wulf headed to go get paid. Ruby was in her booth and she smiled as they laid the bills out.
“And easy first raid eh? Well your total this morning is 42 gold, 150 silver.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Thanks Ruby. We’re heading back out so ya know.”
The next step was the exchange. Mya smiled as they walked in.
“More rare beasts?”
“Durandal and some ore. Took a lighter one this morning.”
She smiled and they unloaded.
“Indeed. I can give you 132 gold, 44 silver 22 coppers.”
“Thanks Mya.”
Bark at the stone yard laughed as they emptied their pouch.
“I’ll give ya 110 gold 50 silver on the nose. An easy morning?”
“More warm up.”
Tyler next collected Lily for her head and Stream smiled.
“Your total is 50 gold.”
Tyler hugged the small elf girl before heading back to the guild. He found Wulf and Whisper looking at the board already.
“See anything decent?”
Wulf passed him a bill as he walked over.
“Got one for an orc camp. 65 silver.”
“orcs are good fun.”
Tyler looked at the board and noticed the number of bills had decreased drastically.
“Ummm, when do they usually put up more?”
The hall laughed as Whisper answered.
“Once a week. Next bill day is in two days.”
“Sooooo, if EVERY job is done before then?”
The weretiger smiled.
“We’re outta work.”
Tyler rubbed his head sheepishly.
“riiight. I forgot. Okay. Last raid till the refresh.”
The guild hall just busted up laughing as Ruby came over smiling.
“It’s not as bad as you’d think.”
He looked at her smiling.
“What happens if the job board is emptied?”
She smiled.
“The guild gets a bonus from the crown for a ‘most distinguished’ pack of workers. So go crazy.”
He looked at the dwindling number of bills.
“Oh. Okay. I see one for more ogres and trolls. We’ll grab those.”
Wulf sighed.
“and just WHO will hit that camp?”
“The trolls? I will. Kinda in the mood for a mass slaughter. Reward is 90 silver for the trolls. The ogres is 5 gold.”
They added the bills as Whisper came over with two.
“Got one for another Wendigo and for a rogue bear.”
“How much?”
“The Wendigo 5 gold, the bear 50 silver.”
“We’ll load up on these light runs. Hmmm. There’s a thought.”
Wulf saw the gears start turning.
“Oh shit what surfaced this time?”
“We’ve been practicing large scale battles with a break in between hits. Yet what about a protracted battle?”
Wulf and Whisper blinked.
“You’re right. Wow.”
“So let’s load up enough bills to fill the rest of the day.”
“Only main concern are the horses.”
“Kaori will handle that end. We need practice on drawn out runs.”
Tyler looked at the board with new eyes.
“Let’s load up then.”
Wulf came over then.
“I got three. Another bear, 2 gold, some Iron Toads, 4 gold, and another bandit camp. 55 silver.”
Tyler looked at the toads.
“They good for anything?”
Wulf chuckled.
“Them? Their slime when refined make a hand balm to increase grip.”
“Really? Like holding handles?”
“Exactly. Smiths use it for their trade for more precise shots.”
“Okay, Wulf. Two things. 1. We’re getting Lily the cream.”
He looked at him confused.
“Agreed. But what’s the second thing?”
Tyler patted his shoulder with a saddened look.
“Can you PLEASE remember you don’t have to set me up with such easy jokes? Please?”
Wulf blinked a few times, as the guild snorted, before just gripping his head in pain.
“I hate you. I…..I just hate you. I need a drink dammit.”
Whisper came over smiling to the rescue.
“I got one for a Dour wolf, another hell sheep, and one for a LongFang.”
He looked at the bill for the last one.
“What’s a Longfang?”
She explained.
“Think a tiger with long front teeth with a stubby tail. About ten feet long, 4 feet at the shoulder with 1 foot long front fangs. Reward is 1 gold.”
“Nice one. That Dour wolf. Is it bigger then the dire? Rewards 2 gold.”
“About the size of thunder.”
“Nice. That sheep’s reward is 50 silver. Hmmm.”
Wulf, having recovered from his splitting headache noted the gears.
“I’d say too soon.”
“Was thinking that too. More thinking of Lily.”
He contemplated the fierce elf girl and smiled.
“I can make something happen.”
Wulf chuckled.
“Be careful.”
“Me plan.”
That got a chuckle as Tyler spotted one more.
“got one for a Prairie prowler. Reward is 30 silver. Wulf?”
“Basically a smaller lion. They’re solitary and good eating too.”
“nifty.”
“Tyler. Got one for another bandit camp. 55 silver.”
“Nice one Whisper. Hey. I got one for Goat fiend. Reward’s 10 silver.”
Wulf chuckled.
“Another species of goblin. They hunt goats however. About Lily’s height with spikes on the back.”
“Huh. Sounds like the Chupacabra from our world.”
Wulf looked at him.
“And what does the beast in your world entail?”
Tyler shrugged.
“No one knows. As it’s not proven to exist. But, during a period of three weeks in our world hundreds of goats were suddenly slaughtered with all the blood drained from their bodies. No one knew what killed them or how and the hype died as soon as it began as the killings just stopped. There were a few sightings and they ranged from that exact description to a mere weird looking dog.”
Wulf frowned,
“If such a massacre were taking place, where was the protectors of the livestock? In Lectis if even ten such animals were killed in such a manner the guilds are turned out to investigate the new potential danger.”
Tyler sighed.
“What protectors of livestock Wulf? This took place in a country that just doesn’t care. There was a new beast loose in our world killing goats in a grotesque manner and the investigations were halted as soon as they began by the governments as in our world at least? There are things in our world the everyday folk are NOT to know about. For all we’re allowed to know, the local forest could be a home to a Wendigo or a vampire clan or even a Grafton monster. The governments know what’s out there. They just don’t want to tell us.”
Wulf shook his head now.
“That is just horrible. How can they expect people to protect themselves if hey have no idea what they’re fighting?”
“They DON’T expect the people to defend themselves. Okay. Let me give you an example of the mentality of the people in my own country. In Lectis, if a new disease were to break out that had never been seen before, what would the first thing done be?”
Whisper answered.
“We had one ten years ago. It started in Term, and the city was outright sealed. Nothing in nothing out with mages and healers examining the new symptoms while everyone that could NOT stay in their homes wore types of magic masks to purify the air they breathed.”
“We had an outbreak in our world a few years back as well. Well. We can have people be on the other side of the planet in four hours. Now, the outbreak started in a small village in the country. The country it started in was also on the other side of the world from my own. Well, the governments played it as no big deal to the masses as again, we’re not allowed to know the truth as in their minds we can’t handle it. So, it reaches my country and we go into lockdown with masks as a required thing MANDATED by the government. Well. The riots started nearly immediately AGAINST the masks as it was a violation of their freedoms.”
Wulf and Whisper just slumped.
“How can a country have such an idiotic mindset in it’s own people?”
“what’s more important, their freedom or their lives?”
“To these types of people Wulf, THEIR lives are more important. I got a collection of things in the thing I’ll show the camp later. I think you’ll get an understanding on just HOW bad some people are. What an example of the mindset in schools?”
Whisper sighed.
“I know I’m going to regret this. But sure.”
“In Lectis, if a student gets bullied harshly by another student, and the one getting picked on stands up for themselves, who gets punished?”
Wulf rubbed his temples.
“The one that PICKED the fight. Like in the hall, you open your mouth deal with the consequences.”
“In our schools, the one that fought back gets the worse punishment for, in their words, sinking to the level of the bully for fighting back.”
whisper bared her teeth in outrage now.
“They PUNISH you for defending yourself?”
“If someone breaks into your home and you hurt them, the invader can SUE the homeowner for personal harm. ON TOP of the homeowner being arrested for harming another. If the invader dies they get life in prison.”
Wulf and Whisper were appalled.
“By the gods, if the people aren’t ALLOWED to protect themselves, who does?”
Tyler sighed.
“The police. Like the town guard. But, you have to WAIT for them to do their jobs. Sometimes the bad guy gets let go in our courts of law due to some missed signature or a bad bust or whatever.”
Wulf just hung his head.
“Okay Tyler. My head hurts. Are there no bounties or people like them?”
“There are. But, they’re a joke. If you take the law into your own hands, YOU’RE the bad guy. The mantra of the police is it DOESN’T MATTER WHAT THE OTHER GUY’S DONE. THEY’RE STILL PEOPLE.”
Whisper sighed.
“That’s the mantra of a duty shirker.”
“It’s just better to outright kill some people. Like the Elf rapist. In our world they’d force the survivors of his attacks to relive the events in front of others like at the Coward’s trial. In front of their attacker. With no guarantee the guy would be convicted and with dissections by everyone. Hell, the guy would probably get let go if a single piece of paper wasn’t signed correctly.”
The natives just sighed and looked at the nearly empty job board.
“Let’s just get back to this.”
“My head hurts. Least here if such an injustice is done the victim can make the bastard disappear with a few coins.”
Tyler took down another bill then.
“That’s fair. One reason I love this freakin place so much. Shit gets done. Wow. Got a straggler Durandal. 10 gold.”
“This one’s for a Plains falcon. 30 silver.”
“That a large bird?”
“Usually a ten foot wingspan. They usually get a bill for killing livestock.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Eh. Change of pace.”
The last bill was taken done.
“Wow. Last one’s fer another bandit camp. 55 silver.”
Tyler looked at the stack.
“three bandit camps, an orc camp, a Plains falcon, another Wendigo, a rogue bear, another Durandal, more trolls, Kaori’s going to love those, ogres, a goat fiend, dour wolf, plains prowler, Longfang, another bear, iron toads, and another hell sheep. Alright. Let’s get to it.”
The three headed out to the palace. The passed by just in time to se Kazuma get slapped in the gems with a rather spiky pineapple thrown by an enthusiastic man. Tyler laughed as Wulf winced at the sight and sound. The party was gathered and Kaori looked at the scarred man.
“So we’re clear? YOU’RE killing the trolls.”
“Love you too, Kaori.”
The party rode out in force, and in quick succession the first two bandit camps, sheep, and Wendigo were killed. Tyler took out the troll camp alone, and drenched himself in a water spell. Thus far the party had made 65 gold, 545 silver, 1,324 copper coins. Next were the toads that made Lily smile.
“Love you too.”
Tyler smiled as he had Wink sit in front of him. He showed her the bill.
“Hey, Wink.”
She looked at him curiously with the bill in her hand.
“Yeah?”
“We need to hop to the task.”
The pun loving sprite busted up laughing hard as the rest of the party just groaned. The pink Sprite looked at him wiping a tear from her eyes.
“More.”
“I’ll have a toadal for the work soon.”
She was wheezing from that one! Tyler smiled.
“Don’t froget to breathe Wink.”
Wink was indeed forgetting to breathe as she was on the verge of passing out from laughing.
“Hey, Tyler.”
He looked over at the sound of Lucy’s voice.
“What’s- OOF!’
The hulking barbarian lady smacked him in the face with Lily’s forge hammer. She wearing a look of agony on her face as she did,
“Ya cut the shit NOW, or it’ll be in the gems next!”
now massaging a sore jaw with a smile, Tyler chuckled.
“I’m outta juice anyway Lucy.”
The lady nodded and passed the blunt object back to Lily.
“I lost ten years growth from that.”
Tyler had to rub Wink’s back in soothing circles as the poor Sprite was coughing rather violently from her laughing fit.
“You okay Wink?”
She smiled weakly as she hugged him.
“I’m fine. Thanks for caring.”
He snuggled her like a cat.
“Can’t have our favorite pun lover laugh herself to death.”
She kissed him as the toads came into view. The party killed them without issue and the slime harvested. Tyler smiled as he looked at Wink holding a jar.
“I wanna make a slime pun. But’s too slippery.”
She laughed as the party just groaned. Then Tyler blinked.
“Oh yeah. I loved that crew.”
Eri narrowed her eyes a second, then smiled as she remembered.
“The slippery when wet tour.”
“This rampage is brought to you by Bon Jovi. We’ll start with a personal favorite. It’s my life.”
The song started playing and the ladies grinned at the drums. Next they rode to the last bandit camp as Tyler pulled up another.
“Let’s throw a good old war song on.”
Ashy perked up.
“Du hast.”
“Love you Ashy.”
Wulf kissed the dirty blonde, as Tyler retaliated by kissing a surprised Eri, then a deeper kiss to Erica, before outright making out with Kaori. Wulf had no choice but to accept defeat as the ladies looked at each other. Eri and Erica had a bemused expression on their faces.
“I do believe the men are competing.”
“I do think so too Erica.”
“Wulfy feels insecure when he says thinks like that.”
“I wonder ladies, how WILL we respond to such moves?”
“How will we indeed my beautiful daughter?”
Tyler chuckled.
“We all know YOU’RE the real winners here ladies.”
Eri smiled approvingly.
“and as long as you remember that, we’ll get along just enough.”
Kaori smirked.
“Is THAT all it takes for you to open leg?”
Tyler just walked over to Thunder to look at his staffsword as Eri rounded on her daughter, somewhere between enraged and impressed at the jab. Wulf came over then and leaned on Thunder as the war of words between mother and daughter began.
“So. We’re gonna die horribly. Aren’t we?”
Tyler nodded as he put the glowing sword up.
“Yup. And it is going to hurt.”
Wulf sighed as Kaori won with Eri blushing like a small girl being told her first dirty joke.
“well. Was fun while it lasted.”
“Agreed.”
Kaori smiled at her victory as Eri was red faced. Tyler came to the rescue.
“We set for a rampage?”
He got a grateful look from Eri as the party nodded. He smiled as he hit the play button.
“Let’s raise hell.”
Lucy and Thistle loved the heavy guitar riffs as the party slaughtered the camp to the last man. The friends walked out 25 gold, 444 silver, 132 copper coins richer. Tyler did a bill check.
“The bandits, Wendigo, toads, trolls, are dead. Let’s hit the bears next. We can go one on one since if we can’t kill a single bear alone the hell?”
They laughed at that logic. Tyler took the rogue bear which was the size of Juniper’s teddy with his spear. Lily got the second bear with a nice throat slash and they were onto the ogres. Tyler gave the camp to Eri, Kaori, Erica, Sera and Lillia as a family rampage. As they left he pulled up the news HUD. Lily came over and crawled up to sit on his horse to look at it with him.
“Today in Vernillion. The number of Warriors has been reduced by 1. That’s right reader, a Warrior has died. As reported in our last article, the Warriors were rioting in the city of term over their treatment while having to watch as Tyler the Outcast came and went as he pleased. As is Tyler’s way and staunch code, he did not intervene in the riots as he has just the more important matters to attend. He was seen giving his party the tour from his summoning to his leaving the city. A walk in the footsteps of the Outcast himself, from merely summoned Warrior, to wanted and hated murderer, to hero of us all. Whether he likes it or not! Well, reader, it seems King Ishtar made a request of the Outcast, for Tyler then made his presence in the city felt to the spoiled children that are the Warriors. He was witnessed showing his Bestiary to the leader of the riots Max. Reader the bully coward pissed himself at the sight! Tyler was then seen using his immense power over the path of blue to bathe the area, and the Warriors, in 55 feet of ocean wave he summoned with a spell to repeatedly near drown the blackguards. They didn’t seem to get the point he could kill them, rallying behind the fact they ARE Warriors needed to fight the wave, and such cannot be killed. Tyler got a scroll from a knight at that moment. And Reader? The smile that crossed his face at the words written upon that scroll made all in attendance shudder as he was given permission by the King to kill a SINGLE Warrior of his choosing to, In the king’s words? Prove a point. Tyler chose his hideously overweight sister for the kill, and that’s when the ice wall and water walls rose, blocking sight to all but the Warriors. Then she began to scream in the most agonized manner, while the laughter of Tyler the outcast was heard as he taunted his helpless sibling as he exacted a payment in pain for the pain she had caused him in his life, the pain she’d inflicted on the others in her life, and for the death of the small elven girl Sylvia Leechwood, hers being the locket that never leaves his person. Even in the bedroom. The screams lasted for a solid 10 hours reader. Then they stopped as the walls dropped with Tyler removing his spear blade from the girl’s heart. All in full view of the other Warriors. Max was seen to have a most shattered of looks as he saw the true reality of Lectis with the Outcast in it. We do NOT need you Max. We do NOT even want you. We have Tyler and his party. They will handle the waves as you all suffer. The mutilated body of the sister has since been nailed to the wall of the Warrior sector in full view of the other Warriors as a reminder that they are NOT exempt from Death. Tyler and his party passed through the sector later on for their next raid, and his mother cast a weak spell of ember that has since set the entire sector alight with not a soul outside the sector lifting a finger to aid them. And they themselves too lackluster to stop the blaze as well. The Outcast does revenge well, reader. This writer’s own words? Do NOT make the Outcast long for your pain, for once he gets that knife in you, well, just look at his sister.”

Tyler smiled.
“Don’t fuck with us.”
He hugged Lily as she nodded in agreement.
“Damn straight.”
The rally was called and they regrouped with the ladies. Eri and Kaori were high fiving for a good hit as Erica hugged her two girls in the remains of the ogre camp. Eri came over with a small bag of coins.
“23 gold, 124 silver, 776 copper. Not bad for these things.”
Tyler smiled as he added them to the party coin.
“Was fun to rampage with Kaori.”
She smiled widely at that.
“I’ve longed to do just that.”
Tyler patted her before the party mounted up to hit the Dour wolf. The massive wolf was indeed the size of Thunder but it was half as smart as Tyler’s trusted steed. The damned thing bum rushed their party! Tyler brought the beast down with a well aimed spear throw before pulling his OWN skinning knife. He grinned at Kaori.
“Let’s see if I was paying attention!”
The party laughed as the party leader proved his mettle by skinning a horse sized wolf. Once the pelt was collected he looked at Lily.
“Think you can add fur to your weapon hilts?”
She smiled.
“Be better as say a shield rest.”
“I see you’ve got your next challenge then!”
“Eep!”
“Wow. She’s cuter then Sera when she does that.”
Sera bawled as Lily grumbled.
“Hey!”
“Bastard.”
Tyler shrugged before getting back on Thunder to resume the hunt. He looked over his shoulder at the team.
“We got two days rest after this since these are the last bills on the board. Sooo. Ashy? Moderation.”
The dirty blonde balked.
“Hey! Not cool!”
Wulf smiled silently as he knew he’d win that one.
“Just thought that since Wulf’s……nope. STILL not gonna be that kinda dick.”
The party laughed at the unsaid jab as Wulf just bowed his head in pain.
“I hate you.”
Tyler smiled as Lily shook her head.
“You’re in an awefully good mood outta nowhere.”
He patted her head smiling.
“I was letting my mind wander, just going over the past few months. And ya know what? I fucking love this place. Plus I’m riding at full gallop on a black horse leading a outright WAR party on an adventure to yonder that’s filled with all the people I love. Seriously, Lily, name something better I dare ya!”
That put a smile on the party’s face as Tyler looked at the next hit.
“Next up is……the Longfang. Let’s git em.”
The party thundered along as Tyler led the way to kill what amounted to just a sabre toothed tiger. Sera got it with an arrow to the eye.
“Nice shot Sera!”
She glowed as she dropped the prowler in the same manner. Tyler just sat back and basked in his outta nowhere good mood as the party cleaned out the rest of the bills the total payment? After visiting the exchange and guild? 132 gold, 1,232 silver, 1,343 copper. Tyler and his party got their bonus of 250 gold from the guild for cleaning the job board nigh single handedly and settled in for a 5 day relaxer/bender in the city of Term.
Sign up to rate and review this story