Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Tale of the Outcast warrior. Part 1

The Tale of the Outcast Warrior part 6

by Goreleech 0 reviews

Tyler and the Outcasts return to Term for the Wave....and it all goes downhill from there.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2022-04-08 - 78882 words - Complete

0Unrated
DAYS UNTIL WAVE; 16


Tyler opened his eyes to see Lily’s sleeping face above his own. I fucking love this fierce wildcat. He looked to his left and saw Malico had rolled in her sleep to cuddle Lillia, and on his right, Kaori was holding onto Lucy’s thick arm like a body pillow, leaving his arms free for once. He smiled as he wrapped Lily in his arms as she blinked awake.
“Good morning, my will-be lover. You CAN kiss me you know.”
HE smiled, and did just that. Kissing the small girl on her soft lips as she sighed happily.
“Bout time.”
HE carried her out, stealing a photo of Sallie, Sylvia, and Sera wrapped up in Juniper’s soft fennec fur. Lily got the fire relit as he set bacon, Fell Falcon eggs, and various fruit out to cook in a pan and some pots. Lily happily humming as the pair worked before Tyler sat against the stump and she took her spot between his legs and sitting against him.
“Hey, Lily.”
She looked up at him curiously, only for him to kiss her again.
“Morning. I love you too.”
She shivered and rested her head against his chest.
“Bastard.”
He rubbed her red hair as he opened the map up. He tapped Malico’s village.
“We’ll reach it by mid morning. Even AFTER me, Kaori, and Malico’s hotspring romp.”
Lily smiled as he stroked her hair like a cat.
“I’m looking forward to meeting this Myuki you’ve been gushing about.”
“Think Sera and Sallie as a catgirl.”
Lily gulped.
“Sounds like a scary kind of cute.”
Tyler hugged her.
“And you just a fierce cutie!”
“Eep! Damn you!”
He laughed as he embarrassed her yet again. He looked at the map, and chuckled as he saw the countless newly dug holes from the dragons hunting their Fallen prey.
“The miners are going to LOVE the dragons for this one.”
Lily nodded, before having a thought.
“Question.”
“Oh shit here we go.”
“No! WE get to say that to YOU!”
“What’s the question?”
“In Term, since we have a few days to play with, will we be doing jobs?”
Tyler opened his mouth to answer, then became thoughtful.
“Ya know sumthin, Lily? Not sure, really. I kinda want to on one hand, but since the city will be crawling with the other Warriors, it might be more trouble then its worth.”
“Wanna ask the others?”
“Yeah, cause if we just take a vacation at this stage, we risk losing our edge just before the big game.”
She looked at the city anew.
“we’d have maybe three full days before the ball, and another three before the actual teleport. So, we have a lot of time to play with.”
“Plus the extra week we have as well. We’ll reach Term by noon if we hold our pace.”
The elf nodded as Wulf came out with a topless Ashy, a smiling Kaori and Malico, and a yawning Lucy. Tyler set out coffee for the ladies as Wulf went about his morning rite and he kissed Kaori.
“Morning ladies.”
They took their morning joe as Wulf finished his rite and joined them.
“How’s it looking commander?”
Tyler crossed his arms.
“We’ve a party call to make.”
Wulf became serious.
“On?”
“Whether to keep doing jobs until the wave actually STARTS, or call it as the city will be crawling with the other Warriors.”
Wulf crossed his arms now as well.
“Plus, if we just rest the remaining time, we run the risk of losing our edge.”
“My thoughts exactly.”
Lucy frowned.
“Question, lad.”
“Sure.”
“These other Warriors, you don’t think they’d REALLY be dumb enough to try and rob US do you?”
“Rob us on the street, follow us to steal our kill and gold, or just get in our way. Yeah, they’re that kinda dumb.”
Lucy sighed as she rubbed her blue eyes.
“I see your concern.”
“Yeah. Same time, we’re kinda caught between a rock and a hard place. Do jobs and risk idiots, or NOT do jobs and risk our edge.”
Kaori had a thought.
“Well, to be fair, all you’d have to do is breathe your flames and most will just piss themselves.”
“Yer right, Kaori. I guess it depends on just how in yo face we wanna be with our strength. Eh, fuck it. We’ll do it.”
They laughed as the rest of the party came out. Tyler looked at Malico and Kaori.
“Ladies, the bath is ready.”
They picked RIGHT up on what he meant. The trio looked at Juniper, as the apprentice was still in fennec form as she played with Sera and the two spirits. She huffed as a deer appeared. Tyler and the two girls ran after the bounding deer with smiles on their lips as they reached the hotspring in ten minutes of hard running. They were naked another minute later and were leaping into the hot water as Tyler pinned Kaori in the groove he’d first told her he loved her and entered her slit.
“I love you, Kaori.”
She smiled happily.
“I love you too, Tyler!”
The water splashed as he thrust into her as Malico suckled on Kaori’s softball breasts.
“We love our favorite kittycat too!”
She purred as Kaori got her morning cream, and then Malico was in the groove for a ride with Kaori firmly attached to her double D breasts with Tyler on her other nipple. Malico got creamed, then Kaori was pinned between them, Malico filling her slit with her tail, as Tyler filled her rear with spear. The trio made the waters of the hotspring splash hard for an hour before they were finished, they dropped. Tyler settled into the groove and Kaori and Malico laid in his arms like they had that night the Monster had been released and the Demon spread its wings over them. Tyler kissing each girl in turn as they recovered from the sex. Kaori smiled as she looked at him.
“Three months ago, we were just friends looking to survive.”
He kissed her now.
“And now we’re lovers with our own mansion, the strength of ages, and Malico.”
That made the busty cat purr as she got a kiss now. Then the blonde giggled.
“We should clean up before the others come searching!”
They laughed before giving their sex drenched bodies a deep clean. Tyler and Kaori giving Malico’s long tail a most thorough clean as she moaned from their touch. Then they were running back to the camp. They found the party ready to depart and Lily on Tyler’s horse as,
“Wanna look at the designs more.”
He just laughed and swung up into the saddle. Their campsite had no trace of their presence, not even soot. Juniper was back in her bear form as Sera was patting her fluffy head.
“bye Juni! I’ll see you soon!”
Tyler patted the brown bear as well.
“Same here Juniper. Take care.”
She rumbled as Slyvien’s voice was heard in a tree.
“Farewell, Tyler. I’ll look forward to your next visit.”
Tyler smiled.
“As will I Slyvien. Oh, and so will Kaori.”
The forest laughed as they set out on the trail as Juniper roared farewell to her friends.
“Bye Juni! I’ll miss you!”
“Bye sister! I’ll tell the others you’re doing okay!”
“Later Juniper! Slyvien! Watch out for idiots!”
Once the party were back on the flat road, they urged the horses into a gallop as they thundered towards Malico’s village. Juniper dropped back down and curled up sadly in the spot Tyler had sat in as she breathed in the scent of her dear friend. Slyvien hugged her apprentice.
“He’ll be back, Juniper. Just to lay with me again, but he’ll come. Maybe next time, you can use THAT form on him!”

Tyler was smiling as they spotted the village on the outskirts of the Dark Forest. They having opted to NOT use the noble road as Tyler wanted to stop by where he and the two girls had killed the wyvern. The party slowed to a walk as they passed through the tailed village, most gaping in awe at the sight of the Outcast party. Tyler even spotted the cat lady that had given them the map before they’d gone into the forest.
“We found her!”
She smiled with relief.
“I see she’s gone to the forest.”
“She’s the Lady’s apprentice.”
The village blinked, and Tyler laughed as they left them with that. The party thundered along the road passed the village, and tyler laughed as the walls of Dragul became visible.
“Brings back memories, eh kittycat?”
Malico laughed as they passed the gate on their way. From their spot, they could see Tyler’s Warrior insignia painted on the now well maintained walls every fifty feet, and the tailed people getting searched per Tyler’s own regulations before just getting waved along. No slavery, rape, or other horror in sight. Tyler blew a tall pillar of his blue flames in full view of the walls as they merged onto the road, getting near instant cheers from the walls. Tyler looked at Malico and Kaori.
“We need to get a look at that city after.”
They nodded.
“I’d like to see how the Tail now lives.”
“I jut wanna see what Kazuma’s done with the place.”
“Me? Eh, Wanna tell Valdic I told ya so.”
They loved that as they rode along. Tyler smiling as they neared the spot.
“Heads up on the left.”
Kaori and Malico were right there with him, and they stopped as the party were curious about the trio’s first campsite together. Tyler then led them to the river and Wulf chuckled as he saw it.
“Even before I was guiding you to the best spots, you still knew a good one.”
Tyler led the group up the hill, and smiled as they found the now bleached frame of their first true kill in Lectis. Tyler took the skull of the large creature and added it to the pouch as Wulf shook his head at the clear signs of Tyler’s tests, as most of the ribs had cuts, the spine had been crushed, and the neck cracked.
“You were even teaching yourself how to be a ranger.”
Tyler looked at him.
“I was?”
Wulf picked up a rib that had been clearly cut.
“Let me guess: you used Oblivion to test everything from the claws and teeth’s potential killing power, to the scales weaknesses and how best to exploit them, right?”
“right.”
Wulf smiled as he saw the pieces of rock he’d used for his sharpness tests.
“These are all facets of ranger training, only FAR more narrow and focused. We’re taught to look for similarities between different creatures, like say this Wyvern and a bear. Say the fact their predators and hunters to both understand them better, and avoid them. Or how best to counter them if encountered. Form the mere leftovers of your tests, you were just looking for how to counter its strengths, as you had no need to really avoid them nor WOULD you.”
Tyler chuckled as he looked at the frame.
“More or less. We’d been black balled by the king into going after a clan of wyverns at this point, and since I had one to work on, I wanted to learn everything I could to take them down.”
Wulf shook his head.
“I remember the tale now. So, this was the first true kill you made in Lectis?”
“Yep.”
They smiled before heading back to the horses as Malico’s village was only a few more hours away. Tyler, Kaori and Malico were leading the pack as this was a sort of home coming for the cat and her friends. Tyler smiled as they rode over the same roads that had begun their journey. They rode at a full gallop as Kaori knew the road well enough to trust it. Tyler looked to the horizon and smiled.
“There’s a sight I haven’t missed.”
Kaori looked as well, and saw the thin line of the Dragon tower still poking up from the ground.
“I guess that since the pope was killed, Ignatia decided against taking out the tower.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Either that, or Tempesta talked him out of it. Or you know, the shit with the raiser threw that one onto the back burner.”
Malico chuckled.
“Either way it don’t really matter, as I see the gate!”
The party smiled as they saw the gate leading into Malico’s village. The party slowed to a walk as they rode into the village and up to Malico’s tavern. The other villagers were overjoyed to have their busty catgirl back, but let her greet her family first before mobbing her. Tyler and the party walked in, and the first thing they were greeted by was little Myuki in her waitress uniform waiting to greet them. Only, she squealed in joy as she saw who her guests were.
“Welc-EEEEE! Maly! Kaori! Big brother! You’re back!”
Tyler swept the adorable kitten up into a warm hug as she purred.
“Hiya Myuki! Still cute as hell I see!”
“Eep!”
“See?”
She looked at him a little shocked.
“Wow, Big brother. You seem so…..different.”
He snuggled her like a cat as he walked in with the rest of his party.
“Oh, I’ve gotten a bit stronger, Kitten. Just ask this sexy kittycat here.”
Malico flicked him with her tail as the old catman Houndra came out.
“What’s all the yelli-Malico! Kaori! Ty-wait, you’re not Tyler.”
The man in question burst out laughing as he set Myuki giggling onto his shoulder like a bird.
“Oh I’m Tyler, Houndra. Who else would be able to make this barbie smile?”
That got a smile indeed, and the elder cat just smiled.
“You’ve grown into a fine warrior lad. Most fine indeed. Is that mythril I see?”
“Oh I have quite a few tales for YOU catman! First a question.”
The cat’s eyes narrowed.
“That be?”
“The hells the ale?”
The feisty old cat burst out laughing as he waved them to a long table near the wall.
“Ya went and became a man!”
“Eh. Kinda.”
Tyler and the laughing party sat down as Colken, Myuki’s well mannered brother cat, got their orders as Sera gave Myuki her first hug death as Sallie and Sylvia pet her soft fur. Houndra sat next to Tyler as he handed him his different blades for inspection.
“My boy, you have the most scary kind of luck.’
“Lily, show em you Additite.”
Houndra gasped in awe as Lily showed her shield, vest and sword.
“I’ve seen living Additite.”
“Ashy there has a Rune Scimitar, and Lillia here’s got an adamant shield.”
The cat just looked at them.
“By the gods. Here I thought I knew what a priceless treasure was!”
“You do know Malico. So, priceless treasure enough.”
The busty cat started purring as Houndra just looked at Kaori.
“What the hell happened to him? Last I saw him he was scared to just be NEAR you two beauties!”
Kaori smiled and kissed him. Houndra got it then.
“Ah. I see. He went and became a real man.”
Tyler then leaned over the table to kiss Malico, then Vixen. Houndra just sighed.
“And now I hate you. Lucky bastard.”
Tyler pulled his HUD up.
“Get a load o these!”
He showed the former adventurer his stats, titles and Bestiary. The cat went white.
“Lich’s bane? Demon’s bane? Dragon heart? 725 strength?!”
he looked at Tyler with awe.
“Boy, what the hells? Not even ole gru had numbers like these in his prime!”
Tyler chuckled now.
“Get this. We bought Spearview.”
Houndra blinked.
“You did not.”
Tyler pulled the key out, and Houndra smiled fondly.
“I’d know that anywhere. Brings back many memories let me tell you. Me, Erica, Gruven, Ishtar, Lyrica, Erica Von Lectis, Tolic, Burlock, and old Greg. We were a wild bunch in our day.”
Tyler took the key back.
“Kaori here’s the Fireball’s daughter.”
Houndra laughed.
“Ha! I knew it. Gal, ya got a fine mother.”
“She was last seen headed in the direction of Vernillion. Two days ago.”
Houndra’s humor died.
“Oh dear. If Erica is headed this way, then she’s heard ole Gru.”
Tyler put an arm around Kaori.
“Yup. Looking forward to THAT death match. Since, I’ll be meeting the love of me life’s mother.”
Houndra burst out laughing at that.
“Yer either insane, or have a death wish to just wait for THAT fireball to hit.”
“He’s both.”
The party’s nonchalant, matter-of-fact reply matter Houndra laugh again.
“So, any OTHER tales worth sharing?”
“Well, let’s see. Oh, I taunted a dragon into suicide three days ago.”
Houndra snorted.
“I saw that in the news. The hells be wrong with you?”
“A lot.”
The old cat sighed as he looked to Kaori.
“So, Kaori. Did you find it?”
“I did.”
The cat sighed.
“So, Tyler. Ya killed yer own father.”
“To protect Kaori.”
The party had been stunned, then they smiled at his response. Houndra looked at him.
“Lad. I feel I need to say this, but it’s not healthy to put someone else so above everyone else like that.”
“Houndra. If she dies, I’m going in after her. I will BURN this world to the ground to keep her safe. There is not a thing I will not do to accomplish this. If anyone in this room tired for her life, they die screaming. If she dies. I will NOT live without her.”
HE was now using his iron voice, and demon’s Glare as he looked a white faced Houndra in the eye. Kaori was smiling widely as the catman recovered from feeling the full force of his will.
“I see. My apologies, lad. I can see now you’re the lifelong kind of lovers. And, I couldn’t be happier.”
“Oh. Coolio.”
His switch from intense smolder to his usual cheery self gave the cat man whiplash. Tyler then looked outside.
“We gotta get moving Houndra. I want to have enough daylight when we hit Term to get the horses settled.”
Myuki bawled.
“But ya just got here!”
Tyler picked the small kitten up and hugged her.
“Sorry Kitten. We got a mess to make in the wave. We’ll pass through here again after it though.”
She fixed him with huge yellow eyes.
“Promise?”
HE pinkie promised. She giggled.
“Kay! I’ll let you leave then!”
He hugged her tightly as Sera sighed.
“Damn it! She’s cuter an I am!”
They laughed as Myuki waved her tail at the princess.
“Of course I am, Sera! I’m a Kitten! Can you think of anything cuter?”
Sera thought this little bit of information over.
“Wow, Myuki. You’re right. Eh, I’m still camp cutie. So ha.”
“Wow, Sallie. I guess since you know how NOT to get arrogant, you’re the new camp cutie. Sylvia’s camp sweetie!”
Sera’s blue eyes went wide.
“nononononono! I’m sorry!”
Tyler’s brown eyes flashed now.
“Oh. Holy shit.”
The camp sighed.
“Oh shit here we go.”
“We have a cute off. Sera, Sallie, Lily, Myuki, and Sylvia. Winner gets called the camp cutie!”
The place burst out laughing as the girls all looked at each other.
“Challenge accepted.”
“Teehee! That’ll be fun!”
“Tch, he just wants to see us dress up.”
“Can you blame him Sylvia? We cute!”
“Yay! I can show off for big brother!”
The party laughed as Tyler put ten gold coins in Houndra’s hands.
“We found their troves.”
The cat chuckled.
“Shiny stuff and dragonkin go hand in hand.”
“Yer an idiot if ya fergit THAT basic tenet of adventurin!”
Houndra sighed.
“You sounded so much like ole Gru it’s not even funny.”
Tyler sighed as well.
“It’s a shame that pope was such a bastard. But. HE’s dead now.”
“Aye. That he be.”
The party mounted back up as Malico got a hug off her family. They rode off at a gallop as Houndra looked at his photo of his old party.
“Oh, Gru. If only you could see the man your son turned into here. He’s even stronger then you were. Plus is just the darker one as well. Well, I played my part in this world. Now I get to sit back and watch THEM as they tear it to pieces.”

Tyler and the others rode hard as the next spot was his and Kaori’s first campsite in Lectis period. The party had an air of anticipation as they saw the lovers slow down.
“Up here on the right.”
They followed tyler as he led the way now to the spot by the river. Wulf took one look and smiled.
“I know this spot. The SkyStream. This was your first campsite? Well chosen.”
Tyler smiled.
“This was where I first learned Kaori has other skills besides horses, and where she killed her first man.”
Tyler took his bow and Kaori hers as they showed them the battle.
“I had Protective Warning up that night. It only extended fifty meters at that point, and we were jumped by maybe twelve riders the morning after we camped here. I shot the leader’s horse out from under him, and it took out three others as Kaori set two more ablaze with a flaming kiss. I fired three more shafts as she dropped two more. Then I took two and her two. Yeah, she made them mush with that speed of hers as I made the others into pieces. We spared the last survivor, well. SHE did. As my first instinct was to just kill him and be done with it.”
The others chuckled as they saw the area and heard the tale. Tyler and Kaori kissed by the wide river.
“We’ll sleep here after the wave.”
She smiled as she hugged him.
“Of course we will.”
The lovers mounted back up and continued their ride. Next stop: Term. Tyler sighed now.
“Grr faces on. Sera, Lillia, Lily, center of the pack. That city isn’t a death trap now, more snake den.”
Sera perked up as Lily was placed on her horse by Lucy.
“Can we see Daddy?”
“Ya know what? Fuck it. Let’s ride up to the palace and make a scene!”
The party laughed hard as Tyler, Ashy and Kaori activated their Warrior’s Insignia. Tyler’s was still the black Wolf racing a long a field of bodies with a black Dragon flying overhead, Kaori’s was still a rising sun over a field with sword blades for rays. Ashy’s was a lone rider atop a ridge of dark grey. As Tyler was Party leader, his Insignia was set next to theirs, and emblazoned on the chests of the party, and even on the shields of the girls. Lily saw this and smiled.
“Tyler, I think I’ll just PAINT the insignia on me shield.”
“That works, Lily. Love you!”
She smiled as the walls were seen. Tyler chuckled.
“Now there’s a sight I didn’t miss. Give me Raylik’s or Yalik’s Walls any day.”
The party chuckled as they slowed down to take the military section of the way in. Tyler drew a breath and breathed his blue flames in full view of the walls.
“Hey, Tyler. I see other Warriors.”
HE breathed his flames again, and looked in the direction Kaori’d indicated.
“Wow. Hey, lily. Come join me horse.”
The girl was passed like a package from horse to horse till she sat on Thunder in front of him.
“What’s up?”
“See anyone you recognize?”
Now curious, the elf girl looked, and burst out laughing as she saw a group headed towards them.
“If it ain’t Max, Zack and Justin!”
“I thought so. Well, we’re in a hurry.”
She just shrugged as the group of Warriors approached.
“Eh. They sucked anyway.”
Tyler just grinned as Max, his old bully, confronted him. The 6 foot tall blonde boy was in light leather armor with a mere steel sword and shield over his back with a bow. Tyler just shook his head.
“Steel? Plain steel? That’s the best ya could do in three months?”
The boy spit at him, only Tyler breathed a little of his fire and incinerated it. Max snorted.
“So, the rumors of you breathing fire are true you fuckin retard.”
“Hey, Kaori.”
They kissed most passionately and max had a look of sheer disbelief.
“Ah come on babe, don’t be like that. Ya know you want me.”
Tyler sighed.
“Dude. Wow. Just. Wow. No wonder everyone hates you. Then again, being merely a four inch man must just be miserable. How’s it feel knowing a nail’s the longer?”
Max swung his sword at Tyler for that, enraged as he was. Tyler had a bored expression as he grabbed the blade bare handed, and without a single sign of effort, snapped it like a twig. He gave the tip to Lily.
“So?”
She just laughed.
“This is still longer an him! Oh, and the quality is shit as well.”
“Wow, that’s Max in a nutshell. Shit weak, and worm dick.”
Max was just gaping at his ruined sword. Tyler smiled as trumpets started to blow from the walls as a cry was taken up.
“Outcast! Outcast! Outcast!”
Max was made to bare witness to the gates opening up and a parade of royal knights in sparkling armor came out astride fully armored horses and stand to attention with ribbon-adorned lances. Max was shaken from his stupor then.
“Now that’s more like it! A proper Warrior’s welcome! Let’s go everyone!”
Tyler snorted as his party rode into the center of the road now, and Max and his fellow Warriors were met with shields and spears.
“This be the Hero’s Welcome for the Outcast and his party. NOT for you! You monsters will be permitted entry tomorrow morn. NO SOONER!”
Max and the others were about to rush the knights, when,
“WATERWALL!”
Tyler cast his defensive water spell. It rose up between the knights and max and the Warriors a good 55 feet, and stretched for a good 450 feet in both directions. Max snorted.
“That retards bluffing! Push through!”
Well. They tried. Tyler and his party, along with every single person in attendance were laughing so hard from the sight of Max and the others finding that Tyler’s water wall was like a brick wall they could not even make budge. Tyler smiled then.
“WATERFALL”
The wall of water tipped over onto the Warriors, bringing them to the ground with a crushing force as the horses, and everyone NOT among the group were both unharmed and bone dry. Tyler winked at Kaori as he then cast a new spell.
“FRIGID BREATH!”
He breathed a cone of cold that again, didn’t touch the horses or knights. Just Max and the drenched Warriors. They were instantly shivering from the subzero breath of wind that went through them.
“Thanks idiots. I’ve been looking for an excuse to try that one.”
The walls burst out laughing as Tyler got his horse moving again. The trumpets were blaring as Tyler spotted another familiar shape.
“Hey, Sallie. I got an idea.”
The green haired spirit looked in the direction indicated, and smiled as she saw Charlotte the coward standing in the dirt as no one would sell her a horse anymore. Her hair was matted and dirty, and her eyes ringed from tears and her new profession.
“Hiya spider. Got someone that wants a word with you.”
She looked up at the imposing boy astride his black horse, and Sallie blinked into view just long enough for her to see her clearly before vanishing. She dropped as fresh tears fell. Tyler snorted.
“Sallie says she’s looking forward to seeing you hurt like you did for her. And NO. I WON’T rescue you. Oh, and Sallie says MY adventure is better.”
Tyler then looked towards his shoulder, and Charlotte could just faintly make out the outline of the small girl she had left to die.
“Last bit? She says you suck.”
They moved on as Wulf came up next to him.
“I need to feel Sylvia’s presence or I’m like to go berserk.”
Tyler felt Sylvia hop from his horse to Wulf’s, and the ranger sighed as Sylvia sat in front of him, since they both had Holy Sight, they could see and hear her clearly.
“It’s okay, papa Wolf. I’m right here.”
The ranger smiled.
“I feel better. Thank you Sylvia.”
Tyler and the Outcasts walked along the aisle of lances and ribbons as roses started to fall from the walltops. Tyler smiled, and took in a deep breath.
“Ocean dragon roar!”
He breathed a towering streak of blue flame maybe a hundred feet high. The flames burned the flowers, and filled the area with the scent of roses, which made the people cheer all the harder. Tyler and Kaori kissed as the charred remains of the roses were seen falling around them.
“Best not to do that again, as it runs the risk of a fire.”
Tyler sighed.
“Damn. Alright. Improvise it is!”
Wulf just shook his head.
“Show off.”
Tyler and Kaori kissed again, getting a loud barrage of whistling approvals, when
“How DARE you, kaori? With HIM?”
The party looked to see Kaori’s father approaching on his own horse. Tyler looked at Wulf,
“Hold it Wulf. If you’re about to reach your limit give a heads up.”
The ranger nodded.
“I will. And thank you.”
Sylvia snorted.
“You lose it Wolfy, I’ll give Tyler permission to start calling you that!”
Tyler laughed.
“Yikes. Stakes. Now I kinda wanna see him lose it.”
“I STILL hate you.”
Tyler looked back and kissed Kaori again as the blonde haired man reached them. HE was so enraged by the sight of his perfect daughter kissing a man so far beneath her he tried to back hand her. Only Kaori caught his wrist with two fingers as she got more into her kiss. Then she pulled back with a happy sigh.
“We’ll get our OWN room tonight.
“Oh HELL yeah we will!”
Tyler just smiled at the now speechless man.
“What up Craig? Oh. Fuck you.”
Kaori flicked her fingers, and nearly threw him off his horse as she smiled at her father.
“Nice to see your as useless as always Craig.”
The man righted himself to roar at his daughter.
“DO NOT SPEAK TO YOUR FATHER LIKE THAT YOUNG LADY! OR I’LL-“
“You’ll what? You can’t even TOUCH me.”
He drew his own weapon now, a katana like Kaori’s, and swung at her. She didn’t even bother to move as it broke of her hidden mythril vest with a sharp clack. Tyler caught the flying end as it went and passed it to Lily for expert analysis.
“Verdict?”
Lily snorted as she snapped it between her two fingers without effort.
“Piss poor construction. And REALLY shitty steel.”
“Sounds right.”
The man was gaping at the fact a steel katana had broken over his daughter’s shoulder like glass. Tyler patted Kaori’s back.
“See? I told you mythril was a great fashion choice.”
“Speaking of fashion.”
“Save it for the ball. Bigger umph effect.”
“oh FINE. Fuckin greedy bastard.”
They moved on as craig was left sitting on his horse as he pissed himself at the sight he had just seen. Tyler and Kaori were riding easily as Tyler had an idea.
“Oh, I got a goodie!”
The party rolled their eyes.
“Oh shit here we go.”
He used another spell he wanted to use.
“Azur Wave!”
This spell conjured a series of icicles that would fly at a target and burst into more shards. However, Tyler cast it at the sky and when they burst, it created a rainbow as the ice melted before dropping back down to the ground. The onlookers were ohhhing, and awing at the sudden rainbow as Kaori had her own idea.
“On THAT day, you WILL use that right?”
He kissed her as they walked under the rainbow.
“I dunno.”
She smiled.
“Good boy.”
Ashy was loving her hero’s welcome and rode up to be next to Wulf.
“Is this how it usually is for the Outcasts?”
The ranger chuckled.
“Not really. Tyler just loves to show off from time to time.”
Ashy was laughing at that.
“Oh, THERE you are.”
Tyler and the party stopped yet again as a man on a black horse pushed his way through the crowd. Tyler tilted his head.
“Who the fuck are you?”
Ashy sighed.
“That’s my dad, Tyler.”
“Ah. Well, we’re busy- oh hello.”
A mangy Husky came limping up beside the man’s horse, and Ashy’s next sound, was one of pain.
“Sasha! What happened to you?”
Tyler was off his horse and so was Ashy the very next instant. The dog whined as she tried to get to Ashy, only for the man to pull a spear and stab at the clearly suffering animal. Only.
“No.”
Tyler had the metal spear haft in his fist as Ashy carried the whining girl over to the others.
“I’ll cast my spells in a second Ashy.”
“Please! Hurry!”
Tyler snapped the metal spear and pulled now screaming man from his horse. HE then dragged him to the back of the party, where there was a large pile of horse dung on the trail. Tyler smashed his face in the steaming pile and rubbed it in hard.
“You are going to DIE in the wave. So I will not kill you. As the monsters will enjoy it more.”
Tyler then grabbed his leg.
“But you WILL fly!”
He heaved the man with all of his strength, and he did indeed fly. A grand total of four hundred feet before returning to the ground. Tyler dusted off his hands.
“wow. A record distance.”
He walked back to where Ashy was nearly inconsolable at seeing her treasured husky in such a tortured condition. Tyler walked up to the poor girl and she whined.
“Easy girl. Prepare for a tickle. Natural Relief.”
His spell flared to life as he poured all of his power behind it. The husky’s numerous raging infections, old wounds, mange, lost fur, and weakness were healed as if it never happened. The beautiful girl went from mud covered to healthy shine and her teeth got a healthy white as well. Once the spell ended, Sasha licked his face as she happily panted.
“Aw come on now. Like I could let our newest Outcast down. Right?”
She barked as he shook her paw.
“I got rules ya know.”
Bark.
“Smart girl. Think she could handle riding on horseback?”
Sera perked right up.
“Oh, oh me! Me! I love huskies!”
Sasha trotted over and hopped up onto the back of Sera’s horse, who didn’t even blink or bat an ear and got comfortably settled on her back. Sera petted the now soft fur of her new friend.
“Good girl!”
Tyler hugged Ashy.
“We got her back, Ashy. Like I promised we would.”
She smiled happily.
“Thank you.”
“Though, I think you just lost her to Sera.”
That got a laugh.
“Sounds good to me. I’ll handle her food.”
“Sure. We’ll stop by the general store and get her set up right. Like Wulf said, a good dog is nearly as valuable as a good horse.”
Wulf smiled at his ploy and Ashy kissed him. They resumed their parade as Sera was heard happily petting her new fur friend.
“Sera, be careful. You fall off your horse, You lose her until you can prove to me you can ride again.”
“Eep! I’ll be careful kaori!”
They laughed fondly as Tyler patted Kaori’s back.
“Nicely played.”
The blonde smiled as the stopped in front of the wallgate as a man in brightly polished armor stepped forward.
“Lords and Ladies! His royal majesty King Ishtar is awaiting you in the Throne room with the Crown prince!”
“Good man. We’ll stable our horses and be along sharpish.”
“Here be a map, lord.”
Tyler smiled as he took it.
“Thankee kindly.”
The man banged a fist on his chest as a flat, nasally voice was heard.
“Oi, where ME welcome? I be the retarded fuck’s mother!”
Wulf stiffened up like a dead bug as Tyler looked to see his family riding up just outside the double line of knights. His whale of a mother still in her wagon pulled by his step father. Tyler just burst out laughing.
“Hey, Wulf. I’m amazed the sky sharks haven’t eaten the land whale yet!”
The ranger snorted inspite of himself.
“That thing’d poison them!”
Tyler laughed as his mother waved a hand.
“Poison touch.”
Tyler tilted his head as a green stream came flying at him.
“That’s a new one.”
It hit him in face, and had utterly no effect. He blinked as the supposed to be toxin just faded as soon as it hit him. He looked to Malico, the party green path.
“What the hell? That water spell Coral hit me with back in Yalik had more effect.”
Malico snorted.
“Poison touch is a mere novice spell. Since your magic is so high, plus your other defensive skills, it’s like hitting you with mere water. Only without the wetness.”
“really? Pff. Weak.”
Tyler looked back at the now rattling wagon.
“was THAT your best shot?”
His whale of a sister cast her own spell.
“Wailing torment!”
Tyler’s eyes hardened,
“Wulf. The decision has been made.”
The spell hit Tyler and he just smiled.
“Fuck. OFF.”
His willpower and mental fortitude shattered the spell outright.
“Outcasts. Banned spell in play, surround, disarm, and fuck you know the rest.”
Tyler’s party moved like lightning as the royal knights aided as well.
“Knights! Ten foot perimeter wall! And search the other Warriors as well!”
A man in blue armor came forward.
“Lord! I be captain Garriack! What we be looking for?”
“Banned spells. It seems a few were missed.”
“At once Sirrah.”
The horn was blown and the knights poured out of the city to now inspect the licenses of the gathered Warriors as Tyler and his party dragged the now struggling group from horse and wagon with a vicious hatred. Sasha was still too weak to really help, so she just growled from her spot on Sera’s horse. Tyler’s mother was yanked from her wagon by Lily, the elf girl showing a mere bored expression as she laid the mound of blubber on the ground as Tyler tore his step father next and threw into the dirt with Gleipnir on his neck as Wulf got his sister. Once the wailing idiots were planted on the ground, Tyler donned gloves and searched them himself as,
“You don’t want to touch them.”
the party were in whole hearted agreement as he tore their license rings from them. He flipped.
“Misery, Agony, wow a river, kinda wanna keep that as a memento of our first adventure. Mind, wow, we got a nice collection here.”
He tossed then to Malico who stored them away as Garriack came forward.
“Report!”
Tyler nodded.
“Sir! The search is underway! We have thus far confiscated thirty six banned spells. What do we do with them?”
“Bring them to me, Captain. My party has the most experience in their destruction.”
“At once Sir! Now, their fates.”
“Has there been a decree?”
“I’m afraid there has been, Lord. His Majesty wants them to die in the wave. If they do not, He will differ to the Outcast’s Punishment.”
Tyler looked at Wulf.
“Your call, Wulf. Kill them now and be done with it, or let the foul creatures feel utterly worthless.”
The ranger’s grip on his sword was white.
“I want to kill them for what they did to Sylvia. I know you feel the same, and I am amazed you are as calm as you are.”
“He’s not, Wulf. Look at his hands.”
The ranger did as Kaori asked, and saw the flesh outside his glove was bone white. Tyler was using all his willpower to force himself to let Wulf make the decision. Sylvia giggled then.
“Let ME talk to them!”
they looked at each other.
“That works.”
“Yeah. Outcasts, they move an inch you failed.”
The party laughed as the still ranting trio were restrained the tighter as Sylvia’s former glowed and she stood there spinning prettily. There eyes went wide in horror at the sight of the giggling girl.
“How?”
“I KILLED you!”
“A ghost?”
Sylvia skipped over to Tyler and climbed up his sword and sat on his shoulder like a bird with a cute grunt of effort.
“Not as easy as in spirit form eh?”
She giggled.
“I guess I need to get stronger, daddy!”
“STILL not used to that one. But you cute so I’ll let it go.”
She giggled before looking at the proned trio.
“You are going to suffer most horrifically in the wave. Worse then you made me suffer. That said, I do not hate you miserable souls, as without you I would not have met Tyler and Kaori. You hate him so much because you wish to BE him. HE’s strong, kind, fearless, and is not plagued by such insecurities as weight, height, length, intelligence, or worth. You tried to break him as you yourselves were broken, but you FAILED. He has become everything you WISH you were. And you will NEVER have what he has. And you know it. I will not kill you. And I’d like to ask that you, papa Wolf, and you Tyler, do not either. As they are set to suffer most terrifically.”
Tyler and Wulf looked at each other again.
“I can do this.”
“The Cute judgement has been rendered. They live. Well. For now.”
Sylvia winked back into her spirit form as Tyler addressed the knights.
“Appreciate it if you didn’t tell anyone about her.”
The knights banged fists on chests.
“Sir!”
Captain Garriack came up next with a small pouch.
“Sir! We’ve completed the search!”
“How bad Captain?”
“152 banned spells taken from 84 Warriors Sir!”
Tyler took the pouch and Malico hid it.
“Not as bad as I was expecting really. We’re headed for the palace now. See if your knights can’t make their lives miserable.”
HE laughed jovially.
“That we enjoy doing.”
“Good man!”
Tyler and the party mounted up and they rode through the gate as Wulf breathed a heavy sigh.
“I feel it too.”
The ranger looked at him.
“I am not sure what to feel here. I want to kill them with all my heart, yet same time I don’t want to disappoint Sylvia just the same.”
Tyler sighed and looked at the elven spirit in front of him.
“I’m just putting my faith in Sylvia’s words.”
The ranger nodded.
“I’ll do that as well.”
The party rode through the streets of Term’s western district as the road to the palace was clear. Tyler was smiling when he spotted a familiar elf girl in the crowd.
“Hol up a sec.”
They stopped as he looked at the elf girl.
“Hey, miss, C’mere a sec.”
The elf girl’s eyes went wide as he climbed down from his horse as Kaori looked at a confused Wulf.
“That was her.”
HE got it then. The elf girl came forward trembling and Tyler knelt as he placed a hand on her blonde hair.
“Holy relief.”
She sighed with relief as her hurts, infections, and aches were healed. She hugged him as he hugged her.
“I know.”
He chuckled.
“I’ve got a new project for Ishtar now. Right, Sera?”
The princess giggled.
“She’s sooo cute! I’ll kick Daddy’s ass for ya!”
The elf girl gaped at her.
“Your highness!”
Sera frowned and got off her horse to nearly throttle the girl with hug death.
“No! Friend!”
The elf girl just laughed and hugged her back.
“Right. I’m Thorn. Nice to meet you, Sera.”
“Hey, Thorn.”
She looked up as Tyler placed 25 gold coins in her hands.
“Should hold you till Ishtar has a place ready.”
The girl just looked at the gold, as the other members of the street gang of kids gathered around her. Tyler even spotted the head boy.
“Holy care.”
His area of effect healing spell cured their aches, infections, pains, and left them smiling. The head boy just smiled.
“I guess your alright.”
“Just barely.”
Tyler patted Thorn’s head as a few knights came over to the kids. They were ready to run, when,
“By order of his majesty King Ishtar, you are ALL to be placed within the palace as royal aids, runners, and children of the royal family.”
Tyler chuckled.
“See? I’m good at this shit.”
The former street kids were crying as they were given blankets, clothing and were put into a wagon to be transported to the palace to begin their lives as royals. Tyler just chuckled.
“Kazuma musta JUST come up with that one.”
Kaori was in agreement.
“All he needed was a catalyst.”
The party found the royal stables just beside the massive red stone construct. The elven ferrier was smiling as Tyler and then others settled their friends themselves.
“Nice to know the Outcasts know a good horse when they see one.”
They replied en mass.
“Kaori knows best!”
The blonde smiled as Tyler gave the elf gold,
“I’d look after them well, as kaori’s a fierce one.”
The man got the hint and warning as Tyler led the party up the palace steps. Sera and Lillia beside him with the party still surrounding them as Tyler had seen way too many movies like this. They reached the twin metal, twenty five foot doors and he smiled as Sera and Lillia looked at him.
“Make a scene.”
Tyler grasped the door handles and threw them open with a bang. The throne room was a long hall the length of four basketball courts, and just as wide as two. HE could see two levels of floors packed with now stunned nobles as Tyler spotted a pair of high backed chairs with two people sitting in them, with a smaller chair to the right of one. Sera and Lillia didn’t move as Tyler and the party walked in with them in the center as trumpets began playing and an announcer was heard.
“Presenting his royal majesty King Ishtar Von Vernillion and his wife, Queen Erica Von Vernillion.”
Tyler and his party did not let their guards down until Tyler had examined their eyes. HE saw Ishtar’s grey eyes and knew it was him truly, he looked to the queen, who was a near mirror image of Vixen with a bigger bust, and found no doppelganger or deceit. Last he looked at the blonde boy in the chair. Then he snorted.
“Wow, must be serious if hey had to dig YOU up Kazuma.”
The boy flipped him off.
“Fuck you, Tyler. You have any idea the work I had to do cause a you?”
“Yeeet, you STILL haven’t worked on either that face or that personality.”
The king and queen were laughing hard, and so was the other nobles as Kazuma sighed.
“I still hate you.”
“Well, what else is new? Oh, Kaori’s right here since ya know, you needed help the last time.”
“I really hate you. Hi Kaori. I’m happy you’re safe.”
Tyler smiled as Kaori smiled, and they kissed right there in front of everyone, getting rousing cheers and applause before he looked back at Kazuma smirking.
“In. YO. FACE.”
The room was losing it as Kazuma got up. Walked over. And slugged Tyler in the teeth.
“I am going to KILL you on reflex one of these days!”
“Not with a feather punch like that you won’t.”
Kazuma was still a blonde haired boy version of Kaori. HE was clad in glittering armor of gold and blued steel, with a long sword on his hip and a great shield on his back. Tyler tilted his head as he saws his equipment.
“A great Shielder? Interesting choice.”
It was Kazuma’s turn to smirk.
“They’re enchanted. Wanna see?”
Tyler smiled now.
“I do believe you just challenged me. Am I mistaken?”
Kazuma’s smile didn’t waver.
“I am challenging you to a Warrior’s duel on the grounds of I want to SEE if you can truly protect my sister with my own eyes.”
“Oh. If ya wanted me to kick yer ass ya shoulda just said so. Outcasts, guards up as well. Ashy, Kaori, ya know the trope.”
The party nodded and Sera, Lillia, and Lily were placed in full sight of Tyler as they took up lookout spots with a clean sightline. Kazuma took his 5 foot great shield off his back and drew his sword.
“No skills. No spells.”
“Sure. I’ll draw on the fly.”
Kazuma took a stance with the shield raised and the sword pointed at him level. Lily saw his posture and snorted.
“Rookie.”
“Right?”
Tyler was smiling as Ishtar snapped his fingers and Kazuma charged to swing his sword. Tyler was still smiling as he side stepped to the side, and kicked Kazuma’s foot as he winked at the leering queen as he drew oblivion in the same movement and had Kazuma pinned backward on his knee joints with the mythril blade on his throat.
“Wanna add your skills next? I still won’t use mine.”
The blonde boy was released with a spin and he took another stance, knees bent, shield slightly to the side with the sword ready to thrust. Lily was heard laughing.
“Who the hell taught that guy shielding? He sucks!”
Kazuma looked at the small elf girl.
“I was taught by the best in the kingdom. I see you use the shield as well.”
“Hey, Kazuma. I’ll let Lily take this one.”
The elf girl smiled and walked out with her Additite shield and sword. Kazuma’s blue eyes went wide.
“You have a child fighting for you?”
“Dude, shove it. Lily’s the fiercest on the damn team. Watch. I bet you 500 gold she hands your ass to you well fucked.”
That irked him.
“Whatever. I’ll fight the miss.”
“And a word of warning. Lily, if you sense he’s going easy on you, you have my nod to draw blood. How much is up to you.”
She smiled now.
“Now it be fun.”
Tyler smiled as Kazuma just sighed and readied to fight. Tyler pulled a dagger and flipped it into the air. Once it stuck in the stone floor, the fight was on, and Lily did not move as Kazuma flicked her shield with his own, and Tyler saw Lily frown.
“idiot.”
The ferocious elven girl made as if to make a lunge, and Kazuma didn’t move, only to move her shield and stab with her short sword. The weapon punching straight through his shield and his armor and out the other side like it wasn’t even there. She removed her sword as Kazuma dropped to his knees bleeding from a mortal wound.
“Holy relief.”
Tyler cast his spell and Kazuma was healed as Lily brought her HUD up and passed it for review. Now recovered, Kazuma’s eyes went wide with shock at the creatures on her list.
“She’s killed giants?”
“Lily there can kill a 25 foot tall hill giant single handedly with that gear she’d got. So can Sera and Lillia. Sera has killed a minotaur balor. Lillia a Grand Lich. I myself a Lich King. Kazuma. We fight Drakolisks for fun. Demons for amusement. And hang with dragons on the regular. If you want to survive long enough to able to stand next to Lillia, then you need to man the fuck up.”
The blonde boy got to his feet and looked at his ruined gear.
“Oh. And ya might wanna get some decent gear. Golden Steel’s more showy then anything.”
The boy looked at him.
“And your gear is?”
“Me? Mythril weapons and a vest. Lily? Additite shield, sword, and vest with a mythril sword as back up with a high dragon scale bow with greaves and bracers. Kaori has her dragon scale katana, mythril vest, and that wakizashi.”
“It’s mythril; too, love.”
“Nifty. Sera’s packing dragon scale and balor horn sword, greaves, bracers, vest, and her bow is a silver. Lillia has the same loadout except an adamant shield. Oh, and Lily’s greaves and bracers are balor horn infused as well. And before you ask, THEY broke their wills. Not me. ALL my party are either packing Dragon scale, mythril, Pure Magicite, or better equipment. Sera, Lillia and Lily can fight off Mind Subjugation necklaces in thirty seconds. Lily for kill a Demon of willpower in five minutes.”
Kazuma just shook his head at the names and materials.
“Oh, and ashy has a rune scimitar.”
She smiled as Kazuma just looked at Tyler.
“Okay, Tyler. You’ve made your point.”
“Have I?”
The blonde boy glared at him now.
“I need to get stronger.”
“Annnd HOW are you going to get stronger?”
The question made him blink.
“I have a city to tend to.”
“Wrong. YOU have the WAVES to tend to. Ishtar can find someone just as good while YOU fight the monsters the rest of the world just can’t.”
He sighed and rubbed his temples.
“I know I’m wasting my breath. But I have responsibilities, Tyler. Unlike you, I can’t just turn my back on the people.”
“Well. Ask yourself this. Just how much good can you do cooped up in a single city?”
“What do you mean?”
“C’mere a sec. I’ll show you somethin.”
Tyler pulled his map out and showed the filled in area to Kazuma.
“Holy.”
“Yeah we been busy. Okay, here. I saved Malico’s tail. Best days work let me tell you. Next, Dragul, I started an uprising there for the tailed people.”
“I heard. Yet I was wondering why you didn’t help them fight.”
“Had a prior commitment. Plus, if the ones who were ACTUALLY oppressed fought back and WON that fight, they’d go just that much farther to hold onto the freedom they spilled their own blood to get. Follow?”
HE just shook his head.
“I do. And it’s a little terrifying just how far you thought that out.”
“It’s how we’ve survived. Next we went here and fought off Valdic’s soldiers as they raided this village looking for new toys. Ishtar had black balled us into killing a wyvern clan, and it turned out the town militia were called wyverns. You do the math.”
Ishtar blinked.
“so THAT’S why you didn’t do it. And explains just how vague Valdic was when he asked for help.”
Tyler then traced a finger along the king’s road.
“On the trail we hunt bandits for fun and practice. In the Dark forest, we found a banned spell, and Wulf asked me to explain to the elven Queen the situation. Thus our turn northeast. On the trail we baited every bandit we came across.”
“I see. I did as well. Any prisoners?”
“No prisoners are taken. One survivor I interrogate for the camp location and we kill it to the last man. If they have a bounty we collect it. I’ve gotten quite a few.
Ishtar spoke up now,
“Any of note?”
“The elf rapist, the Torturer, the Black, the kidnapper, and a whole bunch more I have forgotten.”
Kazuma picked up on something.
“You said interrogate.”
“I can break man’s spirit easily enough. Plus, I do the dark work those of honor just can’t.”
Kaori sighed.
“He means torture Kaz. And he’s scary good at it too. Longest interrogation was five minutes. Flat.”
He looked at Tyler.
“You use Torture?”
“Yup. You wanna survive on the road? Better be prepared to get your hands dirty.”
Kazuma had an angry look in his eyes now.
“Is there no limit to how far you will go?”
“No. There is NOT. I will do whatever I have to to keep Kaori alive and safe. If ANYONE in this room were to draw a blade against her they die screaming.”
He’d switched to his demon’s gaze and steel voice as he hit Kazuma with the full force of his will. The boy just went white.
“When did you get a spine?”
“When it comes to HER, it was always there, Kazuma. You just never bothered to see it. But, not the lesson right now. Back to the map.”
That got a blink, but he looked anyway.
“So you torture bandits.”
“Bait but whatever. Now, we ran into Sera and Lillia here and rescued them from their rigged transport. Much as I didn’t want to, we brought them with us. Happy Kaori talked me into it now, but not the point.”
“Love you!”
“Love you too sis! Next we started teaching them just how to survive in the wilds as we do. Was fun.”
“He’s mean!”
“Asshole.”
“See? In my camp you pull your weight. No work, no food. Don’t like it? Doors that way. We brought them to Raylik, where I promptly tore the king a new asshole for the mess of the capital at the hands of the Pope.”
Ishtar burst out laughing.
“Truth be told I needed that kick in the ass!”
“Worked like a charm. Now, in Raylik we discovered the banned spells were being sold in rigged books and staves. So I devised a plan to search the entire town, and set in the now common place methods for searching for them. We got a letter from Lymir in Yalik at this point, but were already on our way to visit the queen of the elves. So, after Raylik, more bandit baiting. We rescued Lily there from slavery in a bandit camp after Max, Justin and Zack kidnapped, raped her repeatedly, and sold her to the camp.”
“Jesus Christ guys.”
“Gets worse. In Raylik we came across Charlotte and since we were headed in the same direction we welcome her to travel with us. Yeah. We came to regret that kindness as she screwed Sera and Lillia out of a stone giant kill they had dead to rights. So, I kicked her out. Sallie. Say hi.”
She blinked for the now startled boy. Tyler sighed.
“You remember Goblin Slayer?”
Kazuma blinked now himself.
“You mean?”
“Charlotte bummed a night off Sallie’s family. Then the next morning as she was saddling her horse a group of TEN goblins raided their camp. Charlotte watched them play with Sallie in full view of her before running and leaving her to her pain.”
“Oh for fucks sake Spider.”
“Yeah, I hate her too. Not the lesson again. Next thing, as we’d gotten attacked by a raiding party of fifty goblins and two stone giants, me and Wulf discovered a goblin army on the march to TopLeaf. The closest elven city. So, we rode to warn the city and I myself led the defense. I got the title to prove it.”
“Peerless tactician? Awarded for leading a large scale battle to victory without LOSING A SINGLE MAN? TWICE?!”
“Okay, Kazuma. I did all that in a mere what? 5 weeks?”
Wulf did some math.
“That sounds right.”
Tyler smiled now.
“I cleaned the Elven capital of slavery, a corrupt council, freed a trapped dragon, released Tatiana from her gilded cage, and helped Willow set up her new Queendom in a mere day. The very next I flew into battle astride Tempesta as Raylik had sent for aid in a battle against a merc army. In three months alone, Kazuma, I have done more good for more people with twelve in my party then entire legions of knights. You’re telling me, that with all the Warrior’s strength at your fingertips, the most good you can do for the realm is aid a single city?”
Kazuma just looked at him, then back to the map.
“You’ve done all that? In just three months?”
“Yup.”
“Jesus. So, what? I just up and break my word to the people I promised to protect?”
“Dude. You’re protecting them from horrors the likes of which they can only shudder at. What’s the better form of protection? Sitting behind walls fighting pickpockets and angry bankers? Or taking out the local goblin population?”
Kazuma sighed.
“When placed in that light, you make a helluva point. Most of the problems in the city can be solved with mere coin.”
“How much?”
Kazuma thought for a moment.
“Right now? I’d need, maybe 2500 coins to settle the last few issues-“
“That’s it? I got you fam.”
Tyler pulled a pouch with 3000 gold and tossed it to a stunned Kazuma.
“There. Money trouble solved.”
“Did. Did you just ruin your party’s coin?”
“Dude. We got a mansion in Raylik. Place named Spearview. Annd, it’s paid to the next year. We’re set on coin.”
HE saw The queen’s eyes flash at the name, and he winked at her again and she just shook her head.
“Okay. Dragul’s set. And I need to get out more.”
“Okay, Kazuma. I am going to make you an offer here.”
The blonde boy looked at him.
“What kind of offer?”
“I will let you join my party. As you’re Kaori’s brother, and were never a dick to me. Plus, well, we got Lillia.”
The princess smiled at that. Kazuma looked at Tyler.
“You’re the party leader, right?”
“Yup. I have three rules you WILL follow.”
“They are?”
“One. As the strongest person on the team I hold the coin. 2: No work no food. In my camp you pull your weight. Three. In a town or city we all share a room to save coin. Should a bedding take place we get a separate room. The unspoken rules are simpler.”
“They are?”
“Follow my orders, keep our secrets, don’t get on a high horse and we sometimes do dark work.”
Kazuma blinked.
“And if a rule is broken?”
“If you learn a party secret, death. Okay? We have dealings with things that just cannot be left outside my gaze. Somethings we have done are under a Dragon’s oath of secrecy. As such, the risk is just too great.”
Kazuma sighed again, as Ishtar and his queen nodded.
“A hard lad and no mistake.”
“Aye Love. HE does not mince his words, and he holds his oaths like that love of his.”
Kazuma thought it over, before holding out his hand.
“It’ll take some getting used to, watching you do your thing and all. But I agree to your rules.”
Tyler clasped his arm.
“Welcome to hell!”
Kaori chuckled.
“Great. Babysitting.”
Kazuma looked at her.
“Love you too sis.”
“Yeah yeah.”
Kazuma looked at Tyler.
“Next move?”
Tyler smirked as he flicked the crown off his brow.
“We get YOU properly kitted out. Leave the princely bullshit at the door. We got the mats to hook you up, oh. We’ll need to visit Lyrica’s shop, we need an extra whistle, arrow necklace, and maybe a defense spell for Sasha. Ashy.”
“Got it.”
Tyler looked at the blonde boy’s weapons.
“Be honest. Why did you choose to be a great shielder?”
He rubbed is head ruefully.
“I liked how the shield looked. I’m better with a spear and shield though.”
“Ya don’t say. What’s yer path?”
“Red/white.”
Tyler blinked.
“Really? You’re part white?”
“Um. Yeah. Your path?”
“White/blue.”
Kazuma blinked now himself.
“Wow. Scary.”
“What’s your strongest white spell?”
“Umm, holy Relief. Not as potent as yours, but it can heal a gash two feet long and six inches deep.”
“Not bad. Least your path don’t really need work. You just need a bigger bag of tricks. Right, we’ll finish our scene here, while you go ditch the glittering coffin. See our outfits?”
Kazuma did.
“Ah. Mobility and utility over style. You always did prefer use of looking good.”
“Well, Kaori looks good regardless. Plus should see her style. Top notch.”
That got him a kiss as the other men in the room applauded as Ishtar’s queen looked at him.
“The hells can’t YOU be eloquent like that?”
Tyler chuckled as he looked at the prince.
“We’ll get you gear, then we’re headed for the guild. I want to get at least five jobs done today. Ya got a horse right?”
Kazuma sighed.
“I do. But I’d need to prepare for a hard trip.”
“No you don’t. We got the pouches to hold all the gear ya need. We’ll do the rounds after I get a look at this queen I be hearing so much about.”
Kazuma just looked at him as Tyler walked to stand before the royal couple as Kaori chuckled.
“Hey. Kaz.”
The boy looked at his sister, only for his blue eyes to go as wide as they could as Kaori stole a full makeout session from a most eager Malico. Ashy just laughed at the mind blown expression of Kazuma’s face.
“I had the same reaction. And you DID live this world wrong.”
Tyler walked up and looked the queen over in a not hidden at all manner. She was tall, pale skinned, with dark blue eyes and deep red hair like maroon. Her bust was massive and in age appeared to be just older then Vixen. She was garbed in a black robe with a white fur lining that left her shoulders exposed. Tyler chuckled.
“Not bad for a pale beauty. Vixen’s got the better everything though. Still, decent MILF.”
Ishtar lost it laughing as the queen smiled now.
“I see the tales of your lady killing be truth.”
“How’s Lymir?”
She got a most….knowing look on her face.
“You know quite well. She’s fine by the way.”
“I’m sensing a most entertaining pile opportunity here.”
The queen just started laughing as Wulf walked up to Kazuma.
“I am so happy he’s got another to bully.”
The blonde boy sighed.
“You too huh?”
“I hate that guy.”
“We both do.”
Tyler tilted his head now.
“Your name’s Erica, right?”
She smiled now.
“Indeed it be lad. Spearview, eh?”
“Oh it’s got a Spearview alright. Nice place too.”
The queen was laughing as Kaori walked up. The queen took one look and smiled.
“I see Erica’s daughter has come to Lectis.”
“Yay ME.”
She kissed him as Queen Erica smiled.
“And so has Gruven’s son. Well. His true son.”
“There goes the realm. Oh. And the good lookin ladies.”
Ishtar sighed in defeat.
“I lose.”
“Every time.”
Queen Erica smiled hard.
“Oh. NOW I’m interested. But work before pleasure.”
“Oh. Nearly forgot. Girls. Bragging time!”
Sera and Lillia came up and hugged their mother as she had small tears in her eyes.
“Lillia, I’m sorry.”
Her daughter smiled.
“It’s okay, Mother. I watched that bastard scream and helped wield the knife myself.”
She got a proud smile.
“I’m proud of you, Lillia. It seems you found a most wonderful teacher.”
“No Mother. He’s just an ass.”
“Still mean.”
“See, Kazuma. Leave the princess bullshit at the door. Oh, right you a prince. Eh. Same thing for you.”
“Fuck you, man.”
“Not into dudes. Should talk to Wulf though. Number of times he’s threw that card at me makes me think he’s got a confession.”
Both guys walked over and in perfect sync, slugged him in the teeth.
“I HATE you, you sonuvabitch.”
“Wow. Even SPEAKING in unison? Nice chemistry there.”
The two men were on the verge of exploding from their rage at this most infuriating of people, as Kaori laughed.
“Now he’s got TWO to bully!”
“Right? Gonna be fun since we all know Kazuma’s too prudish to really have in the tent. Enjoy the hand!”
Kazuma slugged him again as the room lost it, and Wulf patted his back in defeat.
“Say goodbye to your hard earned reputation, Kazuma. Say goodbye to respect, and hello to indignation.”
Lily walked up and patted her uncle reassuringly.
“I’m sorry no one really respected you to begin with, uncle Wolf.”
“Thanks, Lily. Least we have you to tell us how it is.”
Kazuma got a similar pat from Kaori.
“See bro? no one really respects you. So, just enjoy it.”
The boy just sighed in defeat.
“Great. I get to be bullied by my sister and her lover.”
Lily chuckled.
“Me too, blondie. You suck at the shield.”
Tyler jabbed a thumb at Lily.
“Seriously, dude. Lily’s the fiercest girl I’ve ever met. You piss her off, you either get the boot or the hammer. My advice? The hammer hurts less.”
Lily flipped her said hammer.
“Momma don’t take no shit. I take even less!”
“Atta girl!”
Kazuma was now more an a little intimidated by Lily’s fiery display.
“Um. Okay, Tyler. You have a scary party.”
“You don’t know the half of it. Oh, where me pretty wraith at? Serafina!”
The hooded and cloaked shy lady came forward.
“Yes?”
Tyler patted her back.
“Make your return home, girl. Oh, and show Kazuma those good looks. Gods knows he’s…..ya know? Much as I wanna crack that joke, Erica’s looking at me.”
The queen burst out laughing.
“Smart boy.”
Serafina lowered her hood and Kazuma gasped.
“A vampire?”
“No sir. I’m a Wraith. Half vampire. Half human.”
Tyler chuckled.
“She’s our assassin. Even if I out wraith her.”
She glared at him with angry purple eyes.
“You bastard. You nearly made my heart restart!”
Tyler patted her affectionately as he waved to Thistle next.
“That feral beauty over there’s Thistle. She’s our blood elf, and blood dancer. She loves that big axe of hers, and can USE it, too.”
Kazuma blinked at the blood red skinned lady.
“Um, pleasure miss.”
“How precious, Tyler. He’s a still a mere boy. He’ll do though.”
Tyler then gestured to the hulking Lucy.
“The amazon there is Lucy of the Bear Barbarian tribe. Her weapons be a Despair sword I broke for her and that axe. Don’t make her mad.”
Lucy laughed heartedly as she thumped Kazuma on the back, as the boy had to tilt his head back to look her in the eye.
“Well, we got a wee one here an no mistake. Well, ya’ll do.”
Kazuma outright gulped.
“Nice to meet you Miss.”
“Lucy.”
“Lucy.”
Tyler walked over to where Vixen was standing stole a kiss off her lips as he introduced her.
“This here fox be Vixen. Our black mage. Oh, and Kazuma? She’s MY fox.”
That got a round of bawdy laughter from the men as Kazuma looked at Kaori.
“Umm, HUH?”
She walked right over to Vixen and kissed her now too.
“OUR Fox, Tyler. OUR.”
“That’s it. We need to have a pile sometime.”
Kazuma just looked at Wulf. The ranger shrugged.
“No. You cannot win.”
Tyler smiled as he then walked over to Malico and started petting her ears, making her purr.
“This is our kittycat, Malico. OUR Kittycat. She can hit you with her daggers 10 times in 5 seconds. And hands off the tail. That’s MY tail!”
Malico just smiled as she kissed him.
“My tail IS your tail!”
“And a mighty fine one it be!”
Kazuma now just shook his head.
“I played this world so wrong.”
“Ya did.”
Tyler then walked over to Lily and patted her.
“Lily’s our camp smith. She’s still learning her craft, but is pretty decent right now. Plus, well. Her and Kaori are locked in a most bitter rivalry.”
Lily smiled.
“I’m winning my war, Kaori. He WILL be mine when the time comes.”
“And that’s the horn. Retreat.”
The room was laughing as he next patted Sera.
“This is sera. Camp cutie. And the best shot on the team. No, seriously, she is. I’ve seen the girl hit a running dire wolf at 50 yards in the eye first shaft. Plus a running hare in the eye at 60.”
Next he placed a hand on Lillia’s shoulder.
“You know Lillia. She’s a shielder in training like Lily is. Is nearly as good as sera is with a bow, and is just fun. Her, Sera, and Lily are still being taught adventuring by me and the team. YOU will join these lessons as well. For as far as our levels go, Kazuma, you’re at…just under Lily’s level of combat ability. And that’s JUST because of your Warrior boosted stats. Without it, you’d be at……hmm. Ishtar when I tore him a new one.”
The king snorted.
“I’m not as weak as you might think, lad.”
“Compared to US you are.”
Kazuma blinked.
“Okay, so back to training then.”
“I’ll start you off at the basics as you need to rework your entire battle strategy. I’ll get a better idea of just WHERE you are on our raids.”
Tyler next walked to Wulf.
“This is Wulf Farsight. He’s our elven Ranger. Guy knows more about this land an I give him credit for. Is an elf with a bow, but Sera’s got him beat by 5 yards. It’s actually turned into a bit of a competition for them.”
Wulf chuckled as he looked at sera.
“So, it just became official, Sera.”
The princess giggled.
“I’ll win!”
Tyler then walked over to Ashy.
“This here is Ashy. She’s our other outdoor expert next to Kaori. Her and Kaori handle everything from teaching how to clean different animals and horse care, to just the outdoors as well. Them, plus Wulf and his ranger thing plus my defensive spells make our camp the safest place out there. We got two more for you to meet, but not until the spells are in place.”
The party smiled at that. Kazuma just looked at the party.
“I am amazed you put together such a powerful party in such a short time.”
“We’re all outcasts from somewhere. It helps.”
Tyler looked out a window.
“Okay, we got most of the day left to play with. We got two rookies to kit out, one that needs a full resupply as well. Ishtar, Erica, anything of note to be aware of?”
The king and queen looked at each other.
“Not at present, Tyler. The other Warriors aren’t allowed into the city until tomorrow at the earliest.”
“Sweet. Sera, Lillia. We got work to do.”
The girls hugged their mother tightly as she looked at Tyler.
“When the other Warriors enter the city?”
“Sera, Lillia, and Lily do NOT go ANYWHERE without five of us present. NO one goes anywhere alone in this city once the gates open.”
She sighed with relief.
“I just needed to hear the words.”
Kazuma went to his chambers to change out of his gear and into more road friendly attire as Tyler looked through their materials. Sera happily sitting with her mother as Lillia told some of their tales from the trail. Kaori came over and leaned on the wall.
“Well. We’re stuck with him.”
HE smiled.
“Sadly.”
She chuckled.
“well. At least we got him.”
“For SOME freakin reason. Once he learns the right way to shield, we’ll have a decent shield wall in him, Lily and Lillia.”
Kaori smiled at that.
“There’s the real reason you let him join.”
“well yeah. That and to make him man the fuck up for Lillia’s sake.”
They watched as Vixen approached the queen.
“Milady. It is a pleasure to Meet mother’s sister.”
Erica smiled kindly.
“It is good to meet Vulpine’s Daughter, Vixen. I heard of what happened. All I’ll ask is, was it slow?”
Vixen smiled darkly.
“I used HER spell on him.”
Erica hugged the mage.
“That’s my niece!”
Vixen looked at a stunned Sera.
“We’re cousins?”
Vixen hugged her now too.
“Yup.”
Sera giggled.
“I got a hot fox for a cousin! Yay!”
Erica looked right at Tyler now.
“Boy.”
Tyler shrugged.
“She’s MY sister too, ya know. Whaddya expect?”
Erica looked at Lillia now.
“How bad is it?”
Lillia opened her mouth.
“I’m a royal fuckin badass! Just ask that pissant!”
Tyler burst out laughing as Lillia just closed her while sera giggled.
“Atta girl!”
Erica looked at Tyler now.
“What the hells did you teach my angel?”
Sera smiled darkly now herself.
“HE taught me how to be a Demon!”
Tyler just clapped.
“Damn Sera. You intense. But you cute so c’mere.”
she came over and he hugged her tightly. Erica had a bemused expression as she looked at Ishtar.
“I think he’s a bad influence on her.”
Ishtar sighed.
“He is the WORST influence on her Love. But, she’s turning into the best.”
“Damn straight.”
“Yeah. Bout time daddy got it.”
Kazuma came back then, and he’d swapped his glitter Golden Steel for tight leather pants and a light tunic of dull brown and boots. Tyler nodded approvingly.
“Nice to see you nearly getting there. Alright, we’ll go see Burlock next.”
Ishtar smiled widely.
“A fine smith.”
“I wish we were in Raylik though. Can’t beat Tolic at the smithy.”
Ishtar laughed.
“Wanna hear the truth of it?”
“Oh shit here we go.”
“Jackass. Burlock taught Tolic HOW to work metal!”
“Bull-fucking-shit.”
“I’m serious! Burlock’s half Dwarf, half elf!”
Wulf, Thistle, and Lily just looked at each other.
“What.”
“The.”
“Hell?”
The party burst out laughing as Tyler just shrugged.
“Eh. I’m met a half mermaid half succubus. What’s next?”
Erica smiled now.
“Sylica?”
“Uh-huh.”
“She runs a clothing shop, right?”
“Yup.”
Erica smiled knowingly.
“So. What’d you do?”
“Wait for the ball.”
Kaori had a perfect poker face, but the ladies in attendance understood exactly what that said. Tyler nudged Kazuma.
“I still got it. But let’s go. We got a lotta work to do.”
The party left the throne room and as the doors shut with a bang, Erica looked at her husband.
“That boy IS old Gruven! They’re so much alike it’s terrifying!”
Ishtar laughed.
“With one major difference Love.”
She narrowed her blue eyes.
“That being?”
Ishtar looked out the window to the Dragon Tower.
“Tyler follows no orders but his own, AND that beauty. We will never control him, and he will most likely lay down those blades just long enough for his kids to get big enough to travel and he’ll pick em back up again and go out once more. He may love Kaori. But he lives for the road.”

Tyler and the party walked along the streets of the capital, as Kaori had said the horses need a break. Kazuma was utterly amazed by the sheer numbers of people just getting the fuck out of his way on sight. Ashy was right beside him as they went.
“Hard to believe he’s the same kid that would throw rocks at my sister’s window after getting beaten half to death.”
Ashy smiled.
“You ain’t seen NOTHING yet rookie!”
Tyler and kaori were holding hands as they walked along the streets they had previously been fugitives on and were basking in the memories a bit.
“Hey, that’s the inn we stayed in.”
“We staying there again?”
“Might as well. We’ll try to score our first room.”
She leaned into his arm.
“You slept against the door that night.”
HE hugged her as they passed through the wallgate into the smithing district.
“and YOU got hammered that night.”
She laughed as they spotted Burlock’s shop.
“Wanna?”
“Halls yeah.”
The party walked in and the Burly Burlock was standing behind his counter looking at a dagger when Tyler and Kaori walked in with the party.
“Och, laddee, ya when an became a legend!”
Tyler smiled and clasped arms with the smith.
“Nice to see you again Burlock. Your work’s been improved on a bit.”
The man took Oblivion and shook his head.
“Mythril. Laddee, ya got a fine treasure.”
“take a closer look at us.”
HE did, and his eyes went wide.
“Mythril swords, vests, a spear too? Additite? Adamant? RUNE?”
Tyler shrugged.
“We’re a little TOO good at this shit.”
The man burst out laughing as Tyler looked to the cursed blade.
“Oh yeah. I remember you.”
Tyler took the 7 foot greatsword as Burlock smiled.
“Looking to test your mettle again?”
“More looking to see what demon it is.”
“Ahh, what laddee?”
Tyler looked into the blade and felt the falling feeling again.
“Wow. That’s a new one. We’ve got a Demon of Misery here. Die.”
HE hit it with his willpower and there was a wailing scream as the sound of glass shattering was heard before the sword’s roiling darkness became more like a still pond of deep black. Tyler tilted his head.
“Wow. This is made from the scales of a black dragon. Not a fallen one either but Pure Black. Hey, Vixen. I can wield this right?”
the black mage smiled.
“Of course. Your paths would actually strengthen the blade due to the contradiction. Looking to become a greatsworder now too?”
Tyler was smiling as he noticed a groove in the hilt.
“I do need to expand my bag of tricks.”
HE twisted on the groove the 7 foot blade shrunk into a 1 foot dagger he placed on the counter.
“I’ll take it. Oh, as we need a fresh set of gear for the blondie there.”
Burlock was just looking at him in shock.
“Laddee, who are ya? Yer not the same lad that saved me life from a poisoned dagger.”
Tyler smiled as he opened his HUD and let the big man see it.
“I had a bit of spine reforging to do.”
Kaori just laughed as Burlock’s face went white at the numbers and titles plus monsters slain. HE closed it and just shook his head again.
“Ya went and became a god.”
“Not really. Just a major badass.”
Burlock smiled now.
“The sword be a gift as no one even THOUGHT of a demon. The gear? Ya got to pay this time!”
“Just one question.”
“Oh shit here we go.”
“Nice to see you remember. Did you REALLY teach Tolic how to hammer metal?”
Burlock burst out laughing again.
“Aye lad. I did. Tolic was me apprentice for three hundred years. I see his work in the party. Well chosen for a smith.”
“Lily’s a smith as well.”
HE looked at the elf girl looking through a box of skills.
“Aye laddee. I see the look of an iron wrangler in her. How good be she?”
“she made this maybe four days ago.”
HE placed his green pickaxe on the counter and Burlock smiled.
“Lass has a talent. She’s still got room for improvement, but very promising for an apprentice. She’s at the level Tolic was after ninety years of hammerin.”
Lily chuckled.
“Momma didn’t raise a fool!”
“Damn right she didn’t.”
Lily came over with three skills.
“These look useful.”
Tyler looked at them.
“Fire efficiency. Okay. Makes the fire used in field smithing twice as effective even if a mere cook fire. When fully upgraded a campfire is akin to a full forge flame. Damn Lily good find. Okay, next is Steel softener. Makes steel used in normal forging both 5 percent easier to heat treat and work, when fully upgraded the bonus is 25%. Useful for long blades. Nice. You can use this to help with greatswords.”
“Was me plan.”
“Last is Ore efficiency. Makes ore placed in a fire smelt 10% faster without damaging the material. Fully upgraded the bonus is 100%. And it’s stackable. Okay, lily. My suggestion is to get a couple of these.”
She sighed.
“He only had the one.”
“Well we know what we’re looking for. Good finds these. In the future, I’d recommend looking for really anything to decrease the amount of time to melt rock.”
She nodded as she thought of it.
“If I stack enough of those, I can work that Magicite vein we have in a mere two days.”
“Plus if you get good enough, we can use the rune and adamantite we’re sitting on.”
She smiled widely now.
“Plus with our opal collection, we can pay Tempesta for his flames. Bastard. You’ve been PLANNING that since we found the stuff!”
“Love you too, Lily.”
Burlock just sighed.
“And you even make finding the most rare of treasures look soul crushingly easy. What be the materials for the new gear?”
Tyler looked at a stunned Kazuma.
“Him? Red and blue. Infused with Glacious’ scales as well.”
Kaori shook her blonde head.
“To imitate the look of Mythril.”
“And bait bandits.”
Burlock was beside himself as Tyler placed Ignatia and Tempesta’s scales on the counter.
“Lad?”
HE shrugged.
“I got friends in high places.”
That got a snort as Burlock looked at a scale.
“I’d need two blue, one red, and maybe five of her crystal.”
Tyler placed four, three and ten on the counter. Burlock nodded approvingly.
“Quality matters. So, what exactly am I making?”
“A new great shield for him, a spear like this one.”
Tyler held up his own mythril spear.
“preferably able to collapse for storage, a short sword like Oblivion, a bow, and a mail vest.”
Burlock smiled at the types.
“Wise, laddee. Very wise indeed. I’d need another set for that much.”
Another set he got.
“Leftover material gets put into greaves, bracers and arrows.”
Burlock jotted down the order and total.
“Your total is 754 gold, 54 silver, 2 copper.”
Tyler placed 755 gold on the counter.
“I hate math.”
Burlock looked at the order.
“I’ll have it ready in a mere three hours. I’ll send a runner when it tis.”
“Damn. Alright. Now, the local guild hall is where?”
Burlock drew a map and Tyler nodded.
“Neat. We’ll get us some bills, I’ll hit on Lyrica for some new spells and enchant her. See ya later.”
The man laughed as Tyler led his party out.
“That kid went and became a man! Oh, Gru, if you could see him now.”

Kazuma was curious.
“Why did you get me a sword and why just a mere mail vest?”
Tyler chuckled.
“Because if you’re just a one trick pony, what happens if you get into a fight out of your element?”
He got it then.
“That explains the sword.”
“The vest is a surprise in case of idiot. Look at us. Other then our weapons, do we LOOK like we’re armored?”
“You don’t no.”
“Which will make the enemy just that much cocker and gives us the slight advantage. Since we hunt bandits using Shadow here’s own trick, which is ignoring our surroundings, they aim for me in the lead in center mass every time. Plus the fun factor of watching greatswords and axes just break over me frame is a special kind of satisfying. That, and since it’s so light and easy to move in you can fight longer and easier.”
Kazuma just sighed.
“I see now. It’s a little obvious when you say it out loud. And a little scary just how far out you thought it on the fly like that.”
Kaori laughed at her brother.
“He does that. Watch. In camp, he’s always either looking at that map of his, his HUD, or teaching Lily and the girls some new trick or other tactic. He’s never stops either. While WE relax, he is on watch.”
Kazuma watched as they reached Lyrica’s magic shop.
“He’s come home.”
Tyler opened the door and Lyrica was standing behind her counter as usual. The blood haired devilgirl looked up and went white as Tyler came striding up to her counter.
“Oh shit.”
He laughed as the rest of his party filed in and started looking at books and licenses.
“Nice to see you remember me, Lyrica.”
She blinked.
“Here to extort more from me?”
Her voice still carried the seductiveness of a pure succubus and he chuckled.
“Nah. I got gold now. We need a pair of arrow deflection necklaces. One for that dingdong. And one in the form of a collar for our new friend here. Actually, there’s a thought.”
The party sighed.
“Oh shit here we go.”
“Love you too. We need a set for our horses as well. So, twelve more on top of it.”
The poor horned succubus just gaped at this now calm, efficient party leader.
“Who the hell are you?”
Tyler smiled now as he looked at the busty devil.
“Names Tyler the outcast. Should know since we’ve met before.”
Kaori chuckled as she looked at the blood haired devil.
“It’s Tyler alright, Lyrica. He’s just come into his own.”
The lady just shook her head and placed the necklaces on the counter.
“That all?”
“One rally whistle for the new guy.”
Kazuma flipped him off as he looked at a red book. Tyler gave Lyrica a look over as she retrieved the item. She was as tall as Kaori, had a man of red hair like blood that hung to her lower back, a pair of curing black horns on her head, her eyes were red with a black slit iris, and her breasts were still massive double Ds. She was clad in a shoulderless tunic that just added emphasis to her bust and from what he could see it hung to her waist where she were a flared skirt. She saw him looking her over and smiled knowingly.
“Didn’t learn the last time you leered at me?”
“Nope. Always wanted to bed a hot succubus devil. Verilica was good Impish fun, but now I wanna get straight diabolical with YOU my horny, seductive lady friend.”
Poor Lyrica was witnessed to shiver at this attack! Kaori laughed.
“Have fun!”
The girl needed a minute to recover.
“What the hells? You’re better at seduction than a damn Succubus!”
Tyler leaned over the counter with a most eager smile.
“I got time.”
She was shaking now.
“Damn it. Now I WANT to!”
“Sounds like a hot night in heavenly hell.”
She just gritted her teeth.
“I am not falling for this!”
“Why? Just some sinfully good fun, my lovely bit of angelic devil.”
Lyrica gave up entirely.
“Hells, I got a bed upstairs.”
Kaori laughed as Tyler was led upstairs and laughed.
“He’ll be back in a bit.”
Kazuma just looked at his sister.
“HE just seduced a succubus, with a single conversation! What the hell?”
Tyler was smiling as Lyrica brought him into her bedroom.
“You’re good.”
HE laughed as they stripped.
“You ain’t seen nothing yet toots.”
They were naked and she pounced on him as he locked lips with the sexy succubus before laying her on her back.
“Oh I’ve wanted to do this since I saw you in the damned hall!”
She laughed as he entered her ridiculously tight slit and was riding away.
“Oh wow, it as good as Verilica said!”
He just kissed her as she orgasmed first before getting a fresh creaming. She looked at him surprised.
“Already?”
“Oh we are just getting STARTED!”
She was on her face and getting railed from behind by her most eager of lovers as she moaned and gripped the sheets in pleasure.
“Oh, damn. I like it!”
She screamed again and got filled again before she was on her back again with his face in her rack still thrusting away with evident gusto. She got creamed yet again and was looking at him a little wide eyed.
“You’re still armed?”
He kissed her as he thrust a little more gently.
“I outlasted Lymir.”
She gasped.
“Lymir? Oh I am WAY in over my head here!”
“Love you too. Now come on!”
She smiled and he saw a set of fangs in her mouth.
“Oh now I’m curious!”
She bucked as she got another filling before he flipped her back onto her face and placed his spear on her rear button, making her squeak.
“Wow. I just heard a succubus squeak. Ready for the next ride?”
She looked over her shoulder and licked her lips.
“Let me clean it FIRST!”
“Same to you.”
She took his spear in her mouth as he used a water spell to clean had kitty before setting his lips to her slit and making her blow from it. She got her cream drink before getting her rear filled and pounded.
“Damn!”
HE made her blow two more times, and she collapsed.
“I can’t handle anymore. You win. Just hurry up.”
HE kissed her as he did indeed hurry up with her last creaming before laying beside the panting succubus tracing a finger on her naked stomach.
“Well, I love me a busty devil.”
She laughed, and noticed the two spirits applauding their performance. She smiled at them.
“Glad you enjoyed the show ladies.”
She sighed then.
“It has been centuries since I’ve had a lover so utterly please me.”
He kissed her again.
“Happy to please my demonic mistress.”
She shivered again.
“Damn you, Tyler. I can barely walk right now and I have a business to run!”
“Just get a stool.”
She just kissed him.
“My ass hurts. It feels fuckin GREAT but not the point!”
He chuckled as he kissed her large breast next, raising goosebumps. Lyrica sighed again.
“I am sorry I left you two in the tower.”
“I get it. The pope had the kingdom by the balls and the king as a handwarmer.”
She turned her head and gazed into his eyes.
“You know right? Bout Gru an you?”
“Him being my dad? Yeah, we found that out after we bought Spearview.”
She burst out laughing.
“Why does that seem so gods damned fitting? Let me guess you let the ladies pick it out.”
“And I footed the bill.”
She kissed him again.
“Gru was too loyal to an oath. Only reason he swung a sword at you period.”
“Like I said. I get it. Pope’s dead and we won. I STILL got to bed you, so I win.”
She burst out laughing again.
“You been planning this one since the summoning!”
“Well yeah. Kinda.”
She rolled onto her side towards him now.
“Well, you’ve had me. Now what?”
He looked at her.
“What do you mean?”
She seemed a little nervous now.
“Well, I loved it a lot. And for a succubus, loving sex with a person is the most precious sort of bond we have. Basically if we have sex with another, and love to the point we long for more even AFTER being unable to continue, we essentially become that person newest sex slave. So, to put it bluntly, you own me now.”
HE just looked at her.
“For real?”
She just laughed.
“You had no idea did you?”
“Nope. I’m married to Malico through a NekoPlesian rite from touching her tail after she offered it to me when I healed it for her.”
“I bet kaori nearly killed you.”
“Yup. She did. Was a fun time. As for you? Well. Just join my party.”
She sat up shocked.
“You would let me join you, even after I betrayed you?”
“Sure. To be fair, you didn’t really betray me as you didn’t WORK for me or were a friend or anything really besides a loaned maid.”
She looked to her wardrobe.
“To roam the land as an adventurer again.”
Tyler rubbed her long thick red hair.
“You in?”
She looked at him and smiled as she dove on him.
“Absolutely! I am going with you!”
“There it is.”
She kissed him hard and he sighed.
“I have rules for my camp.”
She straddled him and her breasts bounced.
“They are?”
“As the strongest person on the team, I hold the coin. 2. No work no food. In my camp you pull your weight. 3. In towns or villages we all share a room to save coin. In the VERY common occurrence of beddings we get a separate room.”
She nodded.
“Anything else?”
“Keep our secrets, we do dark work from time to time and don’t get on a high horse.”
She smiled.
“Care to clarify dark work?”
“When we travel we hunt bandits for fun. To the last man. So, I preform the interrogations.”
“I see. I agree to the rules.”
“Oh, and Kaori’s gonna wanna get a piece o that rack at some point. Malico too.”
Lyrica smiled lewdly now.
“I’ve pledged my services to YOU now, master. But, I’ll be more then eager to please them.”
“Wait till you see Malico’s tail trick. I taught it to her.”
“I am most curious master.”
“Call me Tyler in public. Fair?”
“Sure. It’ll be a camp thing.”
“Well, ya can have your store be moved to Spearview as it’s our base.”
She got off him and opened her wardrobe and he smiled at the gear inside.
“A mythril vest, red Magicite daggers, and a black Magicite bow. A dual path?”
She smiled as she donned her gear.
“I am. I prefer the red as I love a good fireball.”
“That’s the ONE thing I wish I could cast. Watery hell is fun and all, but not as satisfying as yelling fireball and setting some poor bastard alight.”
She laughed as he dressed as well.
“Oh I’ve missed this life to be honest.”
“How strong are you?”
She pulled her HUD up and he looked it over.
“Okay, decent. I’d say you’re at Vixen’s level. Good. We need more mages.”
She buckled on a light tunic of black leather over her mail vest which just made her bust the bigger, and pulled a pair of blue pants on.
“Ya got a horse?”
“I do. A summoned steed.”
“Oh now that’s badass.”
She flicked her hair and looked at him.
“Shall we?”
“Let’s go make a scene!”
Kaori was looking at a new red book when the duo returned. She saw the leather and gear and burst out laughing.
“Again?”
Tyler walked over as Malico understood.
“She loved our sex so much, and since it’s a succubus thing, she’s my new sex slave. And our newest outcast.”
Malico just burst out laughing as Kazuma’s mind went boom.
“He STILL hasn’t learned what can happen from bedding every beauty he sees!”
Tyler just shrugged.
“Like I said. Wanna get me by surprise, get a beauty with a knife.”
Vixen smiled.
“What’s her path?”
“Same as you. Red/black. Only she prefers the red. In terms of stats, she’s your equal, and already has a mythril vest guarding dat rack.”
Malico leered at the sexy devil.
“I’ll be getting a most thorough look over myself.”
Kaori was right there with her.
“So will I, Malico. So. Will. i.”
Lyrica just smiled.
“I missed a Warrior’s life!”
Wulf just looked at Kazuma.
“See? We lose regardless.”
Tyler spotted a white book and pulled it down.
“Okay, remedy, got it, Cleansing waters? Uses holy magic to purify water to make it safe to drink. Wow, need that. Woulda though that was blue’s thing but whatever. Another divine resurgence, nice. Hmm, Sacred Fire? Similar to Holy fire but more effective against Liches. Good fill. Wow. Cleansing aroma. Purifies meats and foods for consumption. Also can be used as a fragrance spell for women. Kaori gets that one. Hallowed Ground? Barrier type spell used to repel hostile spells. Is invisible and any spirits caught within the dome, if they be of pure heart or of strong attachment feel the warmth of the caster. Can be set as a companion to protective warning. Wow, good find.”
Tyler took the book as Kazuma looked at him.
“Question.”
“Sure.”
“Can we really pay for all this? You’ve blown through nearly 4 thousand gold today.”
“We got what? 30k on us right now?”
Lyrica and Kazuma just stopped moving. The succubus recovered first.
“What bank did you rob?”
“Here, have a look.”
HE sent his bestiary over, and Kazuma looked again as well.
“Okay, three Lisks, a dragel, numerous Liches, draugr, and other tomb guardians, wow. Yeah that’ll do it.”
“If it has a trove we found it. Plus, if it’s in a cave we strip mine the place. Oh, shit. We need a new set of prospect, detection, and night skills.”
Lily smiled.
“I already grabbed Kazuma’s set.”
Lyrica smiled as well.
“I just need prospect and the detection as I can see in the dark like broad daylight.”
“Neat trick. Yeah, we strip mine everywhere we go. Plus the bounties and bandits as well.”
Lyrica nodded.
“I see now. How much in total to you have?”
“Total? Maybe, 60, 70 thousand gold?”
Lyrica stared at him.
“In three months. You made nearly 70 thousand coins?”
“Yup. I split the fortune and left half sealed inside Spearview and we carry the other.”
Kazuma did a little math.
“Your telling me you have Term’s monthly budget, and you’re just sitting on it?”
“Not including the mass of gems. We have a few other things we’re sitting on as well, but not here.”
The experienced adventurer Lyrica nodded.
“I understand. From what we’ve read in the news from the guild, I can tell you’ve become embroiled in some deep secrets.”
“Toots, you don’t know the half of it.”
The party all found new books and set them on the counter as Tyler spotted an Azur book.
“I need more ice.”
Lyrica smiled now.
“A wise move. Ice is most useful for a wide variety of uses.”
“Plus we can eat it.”
“Umm. What?”
Kaori just patted the busty devil’s back.
“You never really get used to it, Lyrica. He has a burning library for a mind. And the things he comes up with are just plain scary.”
She looked at Malico’s waving tail, and Kaori smiled.
“Some are kind fun too.”
Tyler opened the book.
“Iced Shell. I’ve heard THAT name before. Encases an area in ice with strength equivalent to the casters power. Useful for an emergency safezone in a large battle. Hey, Ashy. Guess what I found.”
She looked up from a black book.
“Whatchya got?”
“Iced Shell.”
“No-fuckin-way.”
“Check it homegirl.”
She came over and read the name.
“Ha! You think you Grey Fullbuster now?”
“Nah. I don’t strip outta the blue.”
“Fair.”
Tyler looked at the next page.
“Icy pain. Freezes the blood in a target’s body and shatters it. Azur/black. Damn that’s hardcore. Ashy can have that one.”
She looked again and whistled.
“That’s just mean.”
He flipped the page.
“Huh. Arctic Wind. Blows a gust of frigid air through an area. Useful for battling Ifrits and other heat based opponents. Next is….damn. Ice dragon. Similar to the dragon’s breath, but ice. Okay, I’ll take this as well.”
Tyler added the book and Lyrica smiled.
“total is 25 gold.”
He gave her the coins and they added the spells to their rings as Tyler put a happily resting by the door Sasha’s new collar on.
“Here, girl. Keeps the arrows off that pelt.”
She baked and licked his hand.
“Ah come on, can’t let Sera’s new favorite get hurt right?”
Bark!
“Atta girl.”
Kazuma got his necklace and Whistle and shook his head as Lyrica got one as well.
“He has a better mind for this then most older adventurers.”
“Got something to say, boy?”
Kazuma blinked as Lyrica now fixed him with a red eyed gaze. HE tired to back pedal.
“I didn’t mean YOU miss Lyrica, I just meant other adventurers.”
“So your saying I’m not worthy of mentioning?”
Tyler and Wulf just laughed at their fellow man’s plight as Lyrica talked him in circles and made him feel worthless in the process. Then Tyler sighed.
“Okay, ladies and Husky. We’re getting a bunch of bills from the guild to get Kazuma on the right track and knock the rust off Lyrica’s skills.”
She looked at him now.
“Are you saying I’m washed up?”
HE smiled.
“Not at all. I’m saying you just need a bit of a refresh. Skills like THOSE don’t go away or really rust. They just get dusty from looking good.”
Lyrica smiled as Kazuma just gaped at him.
“Well said, young Warrior. At least there’s ONE man in the party.”
“Right?”
Wulf and Kazuma sighed ion defeat as they left the shop and headed for the guild. Kaori was shaking her head now.
“You got my brother and now Lyrica? We’re gonna need a bigger tent.”
“Ya think? We mostly just pile up anyway.”
Wulf chuckled as Lyrica was enjoying her teasing of Kazuma.
“The tent can hold up to 15. But, since we get so close we can squeeze another 2 before it becomes an issue.”
“Plus with the pouch, we don’t really need to care about the size of the tent. And Kaori? Make the joke and you’re sleeping outside.”
She had opened her mouth, and then closed it with a grumble.
“Why can’t I get to make jokes like that too?”
“Do I tease you about your chest?”
She sighed then.
“Fair enough. Oh, and it’s plenty big.”
“Love you too.”
Sera was happily walking with a hand on Sasha’s furry back as they went. The husky was clearly loving the attention. Ashy had a thought.
“Hey, Tyler? What’s Sasha’s role in camp?”
“Her, I was more thinking either hunting companion or guard dog for Sera. She’s not really built for active fighting. Plus the things WE fight are just too strong.”
Sera smiled.
“She’s got a Warrior’s HUD as well!”
“Really? What’s she packing?”
“Her stats are like mine!”
HE looked at the now smug husky.
“Wow, Sasha, you a tough puppy. Well, you look after Sera, okay?”
Bark!
“Good girl.”
Ashy smiled with relieve.
“I was worried you’d have her join us on raids like lisks or liches.”
“Nah. Goblins, or orcs or other small fry maybe. But for now, she’s Sera’s new fluffy friend. Long as you teach how to care for her properly.”
“I will.”
“I’ll listen! I promise!”
They walked into the guild hall and the rowdy bunch went quiet as Tyler walked in with his party. He just shook his head as they went to the board.
“What? First time seeing a bunch o rare beauties? Poor bastards.”
They lost it as Tyler walked up to the job board.
“Wow. This one is twice as big as Raylik’s.”
Wulf chuckled.
“We ARE in the capital.”
Lyrica and Kazuma came up now.
“I need to rejoin the guild and he needs to join period before we take a job.”
“Sure. I need to give a small interview as to just WHY the other Warriors live still to a Queen.”
Lily laughed as she joined him.
“I’ll do it with you.”
“Sure. Sounds like fun.”
Wulf just groaned.
“You REALLY need to watch how you say somethings.”
Tyler led the newbies to the booth where a rather tall lady in a fur suit and tie was sitting. She smiled as Tyler came up with the other two.
“What brings the outcast to my booth today?”
“Got two that need to join and reup their status. Plus my friend here would like to add a few words to your news article today, as would I.”
She smiled widely.
“I see. Well, the fee is 2 silver.”
Tyler passed the coins as Lyrica and Kazuma were seen. The lady blinked ass he saw the red headed succubus.
“Lyrica? It’s an honor!”
She smiled as they did the ritual and their best kills were read off.
“Lady Lyrica still has a grand Lich as her best kill. Lord Kazuma has a Elder Goblin lord.”
Tyler’s knuckles were heard cracking in rage at the mere NAME goblin. Lyrica chuckled.
“I see goblins are YOUR particular pet enemy.”
“I WILL kill every last goblin that walks this world.”
The sheer determination and fury in his voice sent a cold chill down every person in that hall. Only his party just sighed. Kaori sighed.
“Lyrica. His right shoulder.”
She looked at where Sallie’s spirit was waving at the beautiful devil.
“Ah. I see. Holy Muse.”
The guild threw mugs back in honor fo the fallen. Tyler and lily then went into the interview room as the rest of the party looked over bills. The lady pulled her interface up.
“Thank you, Tyler the Outcast, Lily of the Hammer.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Sure.”
Lily was sitting on his leg as she spoke.
“Wanted to say hi long distance.”
The lady began.
“So, Outcast. You’ve seen the other Warriors. Your thoughts?”
Tyler just snorted.
“Well, their gear’s shit, they’re shit, and max and his two butt buddies still live Willow. Lily here can kill them bare handed. And, I saw your last article. She prefers a short sword and shield combo. Plus, Ishtar has issued a decree to let them die in the wave, since they will.”
The lady looked to the small elf girl.
“Lily?”
She snorted.
“They suck. His sword was mere light steel from the waste bin. I can handle em Momma. Oh, and me hammer be fun an all, but I like the style of sword and shield Tyler taught me.”
Tyler hugged her as the lady moved to her next question.
“I see you’ve taken some new faces into your camp, care to explain?”
“Sure. Kazuma’s Kaori’s brother, so I kinda HAVE to keep him alive. He’s a hopeless optimist and is far too kind hearted to be left alone out there. Luckily he just needs a good kick in the ass to get it together.”
“I see you’ve even managed to recruit Lyrica herself for your party.”
“Never go wrong with a busty succubus. She’s got veteran experience now. Plus, is a powerful mage in her own right. The bed mate thing’s a VERY welcome bonus. Now I just need to get her AND you Verilica in the same pile!”
Lily laughed as well as the interviewer.
“Lady killer indeed. The dog?”
“Sasha’s Ashy’s friend from our world. Plus is Sera’s newest cuddle buddy. And like Wulf told me, you can’t really go wrong with a good dog. And Sasha is a very good dog.”
Lily smiled at his ploy, and the lady looked to Lily.
“What about you, Lily? What’s your role in camp?”
She smiled as she settled back against him.
“I’m the camp smith. I handle the light repairs and easy forging over the campfire. I can work Malachite now momma. In a fight, I usually stay near Tyler as his longer blades complement me shield perfectly. Oh, and I’m winning me fight. He WILL be mine Momma!”
Tyler rubbed her hair.
“Still outmatched here. But you fierce so I’ll let it go.”
She just sighed.
“Prick.”
“How is the wave preparation going?”
“Oh we’re set. Thing could start in five minutes and we’d walk out the other side without a scratch. Even with taking in two newbies and a fresh puppy.”
The lady smiled.
“That was all I had for questions.”
“Last bit? I hit Max and his party with a QUARTER powered up WaterWall/waterfall Willow. And it nearly killed em!”
Lily was nodding sagely.
“If I merely KICK him in the gems it’d kill him.”
The lady typed a few more lines and nodded.
“Alright, thank you.”
“Sure. Let’s go see the new mess.”
Tyler and Lily walked over to join the party by the board. Wulf had a few bills ready.
“We got three thus far. Here.”
“Nice. Okay. Wanted: slaying of a Dragel. I like this already. Reward: 50 gold.”
Lyrica came over to see the bill.
“Don’t you think that’s a little extreme for mere practice?”
“Nah. If you want extreme, I pit Lily here against a 25 foot tall hill giant alone with that sword and shield of hers. Twice.”
That got a look of shock and a little horror.
“You WHAT?”
“That’s how he trains us. Sera can do it and so can I.”
Lillia was looking at a bill now herself as Tyler smiled.
“Bragging time ladies.”
Sera giggled as she showed Lyrica her kills.
“A Minotaur Balor?”
Lillia showed hers next.
“A grand lich?”
Lily opened hers up too.
“read it and weep.”
“A dragel!?”
Tyler patted the girls.
“This is my party’s apprentices. Lily is my own. Sera and Lillia bounce between members.”
Lyrica just looked at him with awe now.
“This world is in desperate need of more teachers like you. It took me hundreds of years to get to the level to kill my own grand lich.”
“Well, Lyrica, we are just getting started.”
Kazuma looked at him now.
“What’s the other two?”
“Next is, wow. That’s a fun fight. A Rock Tyrant. Reward:75 gold.”
Kazuma walked over now.
“Tyrants are FUN?”
Tyler looked at Wulf.
“What’s the main difference between a rock Tyrant and the one we killed?”
Wulf tilted his head.
“Skin’s thicker, it has three five foot horns on it’s head, and is maybe twice as big.”
“Neat. We got a few thinks to show you two on the trail. Last one is…wow. Another earth elemental. Sera, lily and Lillia stay four treelengths back this time. No one gets pancaked on my watch. Reward this time is 65 gold.”
They laughed as Kazuma just looked at Kaori.
“These things are mere PRACTICE for you?”
Kaori smiled.
“Yup. We’ll hit all three back to back as well.”
Tyler was smiling as he spotted another large poster.
“Wow. Got one for a Grand Blue Drakolisk.”
Wulf looked as he took it down.
“Those are rare. Think that black but twice as big.”
“We got one hell of a payday today. The reward for this is 250 gold.”
The lady came up now.
“These have the guild avenger tag Sir. As such, their rewards were raised.”
“Whaddya we looking at?”
“The Tyrant’s rewards was increased to 100 gold, the Elemental to 90 gold with a skill, the Dragel was increased to 100 gold, and the Lisk to 500 gold.”
“Damn, okay, I LIKE this job board.”
“so do we lad!”
“Too bad the ladies don’t like ya as much!”
The guild hall lost it as Tyler looked back to the board. Kazuma was now just plain scared.
“How many are we doing?”
“We have the daylight for maybe 7 hits. Tomorrow we’ll fo a full three raids. With 8 per, as we rest the horses in between. Yeah, Kazuma, welcome to MY party. This is what we will be doing until the ball and wave. Daily.”
Lyrica just shook her head.
“Your party’s work ethic is terrifying. At that pace I’ll be back up to my previous level of skill in a single day.”
“That’s the plan. High risk, even higher rewards. Hey, got one for a Cave Bear.”
Wulf smiled.
“Their pelts make great blankets.”
“Since it’s a cave bear we can get some ore too. Reward is 3 gold.”
Sera came over next.
“Got one for another Gnoll camp.”
“Nice find. Reward is……95 silver. Decent.”
She giggled as he patted her.
“Hey, Tyler found a bill for a plains Giant camp. Reward’s 4 gold.”
Tyler looked at Wulf.
“They like hills?”
“Just taller. Maybe thirty feet?”
Tyler took the bill and looked at the girls.
“I wonder.”
Wulf frowned.
“I’d say not yet. Hills are notorious idiots. Plains are smarter.”
“Fair. I’ll have to fight them myself before I know for certain.”
Lyrica and Kazuma were just plain concerned.
“Um, what did you just decide again?”
“Pitting the girls against them in a one on one death match.”
Their jaws dropped in horror. Tyler shrugged.
“Ya wanna get stronger? Challenge yourself. I set their bars myself. Soon as they get comfortable it gets raised over their heads so they can reach it again.”
Lyrica got it then.
“Gradual increases in danger and difficulty. I see now.”
Kazuma looked at Sera with more then a little intimidation.
“She’s held that sword for less time then me, and yet she can do THAT?”
Sera giggled at him.
“I’m tough!”
That got a nervous smiler as Tyler pulled one down.
“Huh. That’s odd.”
Wulf came over at ‘odd’.
“A stone giant camp? Down here? That is odd. They hate flat ground as they need ledges to help them rise in the morning.”
“Okay, we need to look into this one first. Somethings not right with this one.”
He took the bill and walked to an open spot of table to lay out the map. Wulf beside him.
“Okay, the camp is here. The hell? That area is as flat as it can get.”
Wulf looked at the spot.
“We need to go look.”
“right. Outcasts. Mount up. We might have one here.”
The party nodded as a runner came into the hall.
“I seek the Outcasts!”
“Here lad.”
The kid came over.
“Your order is ready Sah.”
Tyler gave him twenty silver.
“Good lad. Kazuma, you’re with me. We’ll get your gear and the rest of you mount up. We’ll meet you at the western gate. Fifteen minutes tops. Kaori, your camp.”
She nodded as the group headed out and Tyler took Kazuma to Burlock’s shop in a hurry.
“What the hell happened just now?”
Tyler looked at him.
“We’ve fought armies of monsters TWICE now from just such an odd pattern, Kazuma. Stone giants do NOT do flat land. Fact their down here period is enough for concern. We need to investigate.”
Kazuma looked at the wall.
“We should get the town guard on alert.”
“Not yet. If it’s a mere few hundred creatures, I myself can handle it alone. If it’s a mere rabble, my party is enough. It’s the leader we need to worry about.”
Kazuma was confused.
“The leader?”
“Yeah. If its say a frost giant like last time, we’re in for a fight. Say it’s a demon of some kind, I have a friend up high that loves demons as a food source. If it’s something else, we need to know before scaring people.”
Kazuma just laughed.
“You’re more a friend to the people then I am. And I work at it!”
“Odd mismatch right? I’m NOT a man of the people, period. Yet I do more to defend this land and its people then most temples. Oh, that reminds me, we need to visit the Purity temple to get a spear cleansed.”
“Spear?”
“We found a Magicite spear in a cursed tomb. Vixen has it and we need to purify it before we can do anything with it.”
“Ah.”
They walked into Burlock’s shop and the man saw the look on Tyler’s face.
“What happened?”
Tyler sighed as he set the bill out. Burlock looked and narrowed his eyes.
“The hells are stone giants doing down here?”
“We aims to find out.”
He nodded and set Kazuma’s new gear on the counter. Tyler looked at him.
“Get dressed and we’ll move.”
He nodded as Tyler placed an extra 250 coins on the counter. Burlock laughed heartedly.
“Well played lad. And thankee kindly.”
Tyler took the two extra quivers of arrows as Kazuma finished gearing up.
“Okay. I see your point.”
Tyler smiled as he gave him the quiver and they hurried to the gate. Tyler and Kazuma found the party with their horses waiting. Kazuma had a while stallion while Lyrica rode a black horse with a black horn on it’s head. Tyler swung up onto Thunder as he eyed the beast under the succubus’s thighs.
“Wow, Lyrica. A Dullahan?
She smiled in surprise.
“Indeed. I’m surprised you know it.”
“I know a few devilkin.”
She smiled as the party was set. Sasha was riding on Sera’s horse in a special basket ashy had picked up from the general store.
“Outcasts, move out!”
The gate lifted as the party thundered onto the road as the other Warriors gaped in awed silence at the sight of the imposing party riding out in clear force. Max was deep inside Charlotte at that moment as the party blew past with Tyler in the lead.
“fuckin retard. Why the hell did he get the special treatment? He don’t deserve it, that’s for damned sure. And YOU, buck harder dammit!”
Charlotte just did as she was told, as she watched the party tearing down the road. She regretted ever meeting the boy she’d let get bullied in the Spear in Raylik, as, in her mind at least, all her tortures and current suffering could be traced right back to the one that had first challenged her authority.
“Okay, this is a scout op. We need to find out just what the hells stone giants are doing down here.”
Wulf was right beside him as they went.
“You think another army?”
“I doubt it. That bill was several weeks old. A large gathering of creatures woulda attacked by now. Probably another cave entrance. I saw the area was still mostly flat, so the dragons haven’t got that far yet.”
Wulf nodded.
“Did you see any dipping at all?”
“Honestly I wasn’t looking for it, Wulf. I was more looking for a hollow or the general lay of the land.”
Lily spoke up from her spot in front of him.
“Me arms are free.”
“Sure, Lily.”
she took the map and looked at the spot.
“I got something. Ground all around the spot is level mostly, with little pockets here and there. But then an area of maybe 50m just dips for some reason.”
“Bingo. We’ll make sure it’s an actual entrance before we call big blue. If it is, I’ll see if we got another lizard to piss off.”
They laughed as Kazuma and Lyrica looked at him.
“When are you going to explain?”
“What she said?”
“When we’re certain we won’t be overheard. Okay?”
Kazuma sighed as Lyrica nodded.
“If they that kind of secrets, I understand.”
“As do I.”
“They are. For example. Todays rampage is brought to you by…..hm.”
Ashy smiled.
“red fraction!”
“I fuckin LOVE you Ashy!”
He hit play and Kazuma gasped.
“How did you get your music?”
“We got friends in some REALLY high places. Truuust me dude, it gon blow yo damn mind.”
Lyrica just laughed.
“I see now. That pair of titles.”
“Not yet, Lyrica.”
“Of course.”
“Ahead to the left.”
“Find a place to hide the horses.”
The party stowed their horses under a small overhang with Sasha as guard dog. Sera patted her new friend.
“We’ll be back!”
She got a happy lick before the party took off towards the camp. Tyler giving directions as usual.
“Wholesale slaughter on the giants. And watch your step. We might be on hollow ground. No spells or skills that cause shockwaves or explosions until we get a good look at the new cave.”
Lyrica was impressed.
“You’re quite the war party leader, Tyler.”
“eh. It’s a hobby. Kazuma, find a party member to stack up with. A good camp holds fifty creatures. Lyrica, stick with Vixen.”
Lillia gulped.
“Lillia, Sera, stay back and rain arrows.”
She smiled as Kazuma looked at Kaori.
“We’ll work together, kay?”
Kaori smiled.
“Try an keep up rookie.”
“Kaori’s the fastest on the team when it comes to bladework. She can hit you twenty times in 5 seconds.”
The camp was then in sight, and Tyler’s razor eyes picked out a tall winged creature.
“Shit. We got a greater pride balor.”
Tyler looked at the sky.
“Tempesta, we got a pride balor over another possible entrance.”
Lyrica’s red eyes went wide as the thundering wing beats were heard as the lord of blue snatched the screaming demon from the camp.
“I see it now. I’ll stay airborne as you play with the weaklings.”
“Change of plan. I’ll go Demon. We need to hurry this up.”
The party smiled widely now as Tyler drew Gliepnir and Fafnir, his twin broadswords as Lyrica and Kazuma looked at him.
“Go Demon?”
The giants saw Tyler coming and readied weapons.
“Demon’s Wrath.”
Tyler simply vanished and the first ten giants were cut to pieces by a mere blur. The others laughed as Lyrica and Kazuma just gaped at the sight of Tyler butchering a camp of fifty 35 foot tall stone giants as a mere blur. The two newcomers looked at Kaori for an explanation.
“What the hell did he just do?”
Kaori smiled darkly.
“That is his ace in the hole. Demon’s Wrath. Tyler had a split personality in our world to help him survive his family. You’ll understand better when you see his body. Lyrica, you should have.”
She gasped now.
“Those scars. He was RAISED like that?”
“Yup. Now, his split was called the Monster and was pure evil, pain and suffering. The strain of keeping it locked away was slowly killing him, and so when he finally merged with it, he gained all his current boldness, humor, straight up confidence he has. Plus the ability: demon’s Wrath. When active, this form boosts his stats by…..350? I think that was it? All spells cost nothing and do not require a chant, and are twice as powerful. Downside is it can only be used a set amount per day. This form can be used ONE more time. The other form, second rage, boosts by 400 and can only be used ONCE A DAY. The effect lasts for the first form for 25 minutes with a 15 minute period where he’s helpless. The other is a 30 with a 20 minutes of helplessness.”
Kazuma looked as the last giant fell in pieces and Tyler just appeared in front of him.
“You now know a party secret Kazuma, Lyrica. If you seek to leave the party, and we do NOT trust that you will keep this secret we will kill you rather then risk it. We clear?”
He was smiling as he was covered in the blood of the creatures. The duo nodded.
“Coolio. I’ll be right back after this flop.”
He fell over backwards with a thud and just laid there panting as the effect dissipated. The other members fell to looting the camp as Tempesta dropped him the pride balor horn.
“I’ll wait for you to recover.”
“Thanks….big….blue!”
The dragon laughed as Lyrica and Kazuma just gaped. Tyler recovered and got off the ground as he put the horn away. Lyrica was shaking a bit as Tempesta got a good look at her.
“Well well. If it isn’t little Lyrica the succubus.”
Tyler looked at him.
“You two know each other?”
The blue dragon looked at him.
“Succubae are created when a human women is impregnated by a demon Balor. Her father killed Glacious’ sister.”
“Oh. Shit. Ummm. We cool?”
The dragon snorted.
“I do not blame the child for the actions of the parents. Even IF they be born of the demon filth.”
The dragon fixed Lyrica with a close eyed look.
“I do not blame you, child. Nor do I hate you. The fact Tyler here has taken you in period proves you have nothing to fear from us.”
She breathed a sigh of relief.
“Just don’t piss him off.”
“Oi! No scaring me new favorite succubus!”
He looked at him incredulously, before bursting out laughing as he understood now just HOW Lyrica came to be in his party. Lyrica looked at Tyler as Tempesta recovered.
“The hell?”
The dragon had amusement in his gaze as he looked at Tyler now.
“So, you’ve gained a Succubus sex slave. Or, in their culture. A Succubus WIFE. Explains why she’s here to begin with.”
“And can you blame me?”
The dragon snorted.
“Not in the slightest. It’s where Glacious came from.”
“Yeesh. Should tell that one to Furiosa.”
The dragon nearly fell from the sky in shock at what he’d just said and who he’d said it to! Tyler was smiling hard as Tempesta now saw he had him by the balls. The dragon tried to stay in control of the situation.
“Try it and I’ll have a word with that elf with the hammer.”
Lily’s voice was heard next.
“I heard that. Hey, Tyler, you’re set!”
Tempesta was witnessed to gulp as he now saw Tyler had him beat.
“Don’t tell her I said that.”
“Sure. Was kinda fun watching YOU squirm. Hey, we got some really intense lady friends don’t we?”
The dragon nodded in agreement.
“That we do. Plus the most scary ones as well.”
“But the best looking.”
“Agreed. They are the most beautiful.”
“Ahhh, thank you Tempy!”
Tempesta dropped to the ground with an earth rattling thud in shock as Furiosa landed beside the fallen blue. Lyrica and Kazuma were flabbergasted by Tyler having set up Tempesta with brownie points with the female dragon on the fly! Tyler smiled.
“Oh, hi Furiosa. Spotted this one too?”
She swung her massive head to look at him, and he saw the spark as she saw his ploy.
“I did indeed. Nice to hear Tempesta still knows how to give a lady a complement.”
Tempesta had gotten to his feet now and Tyler saw the look of PURE gratitude for the get outta jail free card. Tyler looked to his party.
“How’s it look?”
Kaori, the one that had called the lady dragon unbeknownst to him, smiled.
“5 gold, 43 silver!”
“Okay, get back to this spot and we’ll open the hole.”
The dragons looked at him.
“You’ll open it?”
“What of us?”
“Mask your presence and act like you were launching to take off.”
The nodded and made the ground shake as if they had just taken off, while masking their presence. Tyler and Kaori the cast their spells.
“WaterWall!”
“Lava field!”
“I’m recording this one too.”
“WaterFall! I fucking LOVE you Shadow.”
The combo blew and the ground dropped to reveal a 50m wide hole in the ground. Tyler looked at it and nodded.
“Paydirt. Alright. Let’s piss it off.”
Tyler dropped into the hole as the rest of the party followed him. Lyrica and Kazuma were concerned.
“What is he going to do?”
“What she said?”
Tyler took in a deep breath.
“HEY! YA LOUSY, MISBEGOTTEN EXCUSE FOR A FLYING LIZARD! HOW’S THE DIRT FEEL?”
There was a low rumbling growl and the two newcomers went absolutely wide eyed. Tyler smiled.
“MUST BE NICE TO NOT REALLY HAVE SCALES DOWN THERE! HEY, LEAST YOU HAVE YOUR FELLOW WORMS TO KEEP YOU COMPANY!”
“DIE HUMAN!”
Another 150 foot black dragon was seen charging out of the hole as Tyler just casually flipped it off.
“Gotchya bitch.”
The dragon lunged at this most infuriating human, only for Furiosa to grab it by the neck as she dropped onto it’s back with a savage impact.
“I’ll look into it’s eyes before you kill it.”
She grunted as she got a better grip on the thing. She had it pinned and Tyler walked up and peered into the thing’s 4 and a half foot iris.
“Dud. He’s a hermit.”
The green dragon snapped the dragon’s neck and bellowed her victory to the skies. Tempesta just rumbled in shared joy at a good kill. The green dragon looked at Tyler after her victory bellow.
“One hundred scales from his hide sound fair?”
“Sure. What color is he?”
“Him? Pink.”
“No fuckin way.”
She pried a scale off his black hide and sure enough, it was a deep, pearl pink. Tyler just laughed.
“we are SOOOOOOO decking out Sera in pink scales!”
Sera, however, was quite miffed.
“I HATE pink!”
HE looked at her stunned as Furiosa got his share for the kill off the carcass.
“Wow, Sera. Thought you’d love to be the Cutie in Pink.”
She shook her head vehemently.
“no! Lillia would though.”
Her sister smiled.
“I do prefer it.”
“That works. Next round of upgrades you get the pink.”
She smiled as he added the scales to the pouch. Then he got another fierce gaze.
“The trove?”
“The coin gets split in half? Rest divvy as we go?”
She nodded.
“That is a fair proposal. I shall borrow your eyes.”
He blinked and his eyes were the green of Furiosa.
“Yup. Still batshit bizarre. Outcasts, guards up. Let’s get paid.”
They nodded and headed inside as the two dragon waited outside. Tyler looked at the walls.
“Lily, prospect as we go. I got my detection up as well.”
“right. I’ll mark spots for retrieval.”
Tyler walked in front with Serafina beside him and Lyrica on his other side.
“Kazuma, watch yourself. There could be anything else down here.”
The boy had his new shield, which was a long rectangle shape with a tapered bottom, and his spear which had a two foot tip out like a roman soldier as he advanced.
“Got it.”
Tyler sensed a hollow.
“Heads up. We got a hollow to the right. This one’s a dead end too. But it goes for another hundred miles to hit the end.”
Tyler had his broadswords up as they turned to look into the hollow.
“Eyes on the trove, Furiosa.”
“Aye, lad. I see it too.”
The trove was ten feet tall and 9 wide with gold, silver and copper coins, ore was scattered all over the pile with weapons and armor, every gem imaginable, and even a few pieces of furniture. Tyler blinked.
“Why the hell are dragons collecting furniture?”
Furiosa was right there with him.
“My question exactly. You may have them, as I have no interest.”
“Thanks Furiosa. The emeralds are yours right off the bat, and mind if we split the opals?”
“The emeralds I thank you for as they’re my favorite gem. The Opals we’ll see just how many there are. Sound fair?”
“It does. Weapons and ore we’ll lay out before we divvy it up.”
“A just decision. The ore in the walls is yours as you will do the work to retrieve is.”
“Thanks again.”
Tyler and the others put up their weapons as he walked to collect the out of place furniture. Tyler smiled as he saw one was a bed.
“Hey, Lyrica, we got you a bed.”
The succubus looked at him as he walked over to the golden thing.
“Why would I need a bed?”
“well you WILL get a room in Spearview, right?”
She smiled then.
“I see. Thank you.”
Tyler placed it in the pouch and looked to the silver desk next. HE tilted his head.
“Hmm. I wonder.”
He took it as Kaori smiled.
“Your office?”
“Yeah. The one I have is great and all, but upgrades people, upgrades.”
The Warriors laughed as Tyler looked at the next piece.
“Hey, Kazuma. You need a new chair, right?”
the blonde boy was looking at a vein of ore as Tyler spoke.
“I’m getting a room too?”
“You ARE an Outcast.”
“Well, thank you.”
“Sure.”
Tyler placed the thing in the pouch and moved to the last piece. A large golden wardrobe with silver fittings. He opened it and blinked.
“Ohhh, HELL.”
The party came over, and inside was a collection of scroll tubes.
“Vixen, Lyrica, your bomb.”
The two mages went to it as Tyler took the desk out and started opening drawers. Soon as he opened the main one he found a small license ring.
“Ohhh shit. These are ALL gold spells.”
Vixen was pale and so was Lyrica.
“So are these.”
Tyler looked at them.
“Oh fuck. We found that bastard’s stockpile of golds. Lily, prospect this room to hell. I’ll get these to the dragons.”
He set the other furniture out and the search was on as the trove lay forgotten in the face of the find.
“Lily, if you find a hollow feeling, GET OUT. All of you. Last time we found one of his labs a Lich king was waiting for me. Kaori, Vixen, get the newbies up to speed on the raiser, rest split between guards.”
Vixen had the 23 scrolls ready and he had the ring.
“I’ll be right back. Guards up.”
Tyler took off running as fast as he could to the entrance. Tempesta and Furiosa were looking into the hole with intense stares as he came out. He gave them the spells and scrolls as Tempesta blinked and joined the vision share.
“Yup, I’m insane again.”
He dropped back in and sprinted back to the hollow. He found the party backing out of the hole cautiously. Vixen saw him and pointed to the far wall.
“Lily found one.”
“On it. Form up.”
Tyler took out his broadswords and walked over tot eh wall as his friends waited outside the chamber. Tyler reached the wall and used his skill.
“Rock smash.”
HE then stabbed both blades into the rock up to their hilts before tearing them free in a savage set of strokes. He could cleanly see into a large room. He gritted his teeth.
“Furious Slashes.”
This was a skill for rapid attacks. He swung his blades, hitting the walls no less then 55 times in ten seconds, effectively pulverizing the wall to dust. Soon as the ten foot opening was seen, a skeleton came charging out to lock blades with him. Tyler threw the Lich King off, and it screamed a bone rattling scream. Tyler gritted his teeth.
“Oh HERE WE GO!”
Tyler smiled as he surged to fight the scythe wielding creature.
“Holy smite! Holy Fire! Holy Sanctity!”
The trifecta anti undead/ demon spells hit the thing with earth shaking force as his friends were trapped by a barrier and were forced to watch. Tyler was loving the battle with such a strong opponent, as his holy boosted broadswords were easily dancing around the awkward scythe the Lich King was wielding.
“Rock Smash!”
Tyler slammed both blades into the thing and knocked it back a few steps as it rattled a cry and sent a black cloud at him from a bony fist. Tyler dodged as he chugged a mana potion.
“I’ve got this-agh!”
He got hit from the side form a SECOND Lich King wielding a mace and sent crashing into a wall. His friends gasped at the appearance of the second creature, and Kaori started to shake.
“No. Not two.”
Tyler got up and found he was bleeding from a cut on his arm from the thing’s spiked weapon.
“Been a while since I’ve seen me own blood.”
Tempesta’s voice was heard next.
“Boy, we cannot get to you. I’m sorry.”
“Pff. Relax big guy, I got this.”
Tyler dropped his broadswords and pulled Oblivion and Oathkeeper.
“NOW it’s a damned fight! Demon’s Wrath. SECOND RAGE!”
Tyler surged forward as he coated his blades.
“Holy fire! Holy smite! Holy sanctity! Holy Purge! Holy Wrath!”
His spells costing nothing and being twice as potent aiding him well as he charged the two rattling things with his usual smile as he breathed his blue flames at one Lich King before slashing the other with a dozen slashes before darting back to hit it another two dozen. The one with the scythe swung at turned back, and Tyler pivoted around and shoved the other King to take the hit for him. The thing screamed in bone pain as the weapon hit it. Tyler set them both one fire.
“Ice coffin!”
The two skeletons were encased in the ice and then it shattered, breaking their arms as Tyler dove back iun for another set of slashes from his lightning fast short swords. The first King he’d been fighting shivered before turning to dust as it died again. The black cloud latched onto Tyler’s mind, but Tyler was not having it, and had the torture chamber open instead. It was trapped inside as Tyler growled now in effort.
“Holy Wrath! Holy Smite! Holy Sanctity! Holy fire! Holy Purge!”
The last king turned to dust nearly immediately after and he dropped to a knee.
“Get. OUT. OF. MY HEAD!”
The two mental attacks were locked within the torture chamber and held there until the mist dissipated. Then he opened his eyes to see he was still inside the chamber and now kneeling with both short swords stuck in the ground with his bone white hands on the hilts. HE looked over to see his friends racing to him, Kaori with tears of fear in her green eyes. He forced his tired body to move and hugged her as she ran into him.
“See? I said I had it.”
She just kissed him as her heart rate returned to normal. She smiled at him as she let him go.
“Idiot.”
“Love you too.”
Tyler pulled restore after restore from his pouch until he had the full measure of his strength back. Then he heard the dragons’ voices.
“Well done.”
“Indeed, Boy. You have slain THREE Lich Kings. TWO in one fight no less.”
“They weren’t his.”
The shock felt was immense. Tempesta growled.
“How can you be so sure?”
“Because the mental attacks were FAR weaker then the other. Like night and day kinds of different. BOTH combined didn’t equal to HALF the other. That’s why.”
Vixen and Lyrica were looking into the room as Tyler retrieved his gear. Then he joined them as he pulled on his gloves.
“Alright ladies. Let’s see what we found this time.”
Tyler, Vixen, a white faced Lyrica, and Ashy walked into the lab and began searching. Tyler opened a drawer and pulled a set fo four notebooks out. He opened the first and nodded.
“I see. This was another raiser’s lab. Not our guy.”
He laid the books out and his eyes glowed as the dragons used their eye trick. Then they growled with frustration.
“By the scales I got excited.”
“If it were that easy.”
Tyler looked around the lab as Vixen nodded.
“These methods all point to an attempted demon summoning that went bad. The first Lich King was the Demon possessing a nearby corpse as the second was the caster himself getting overwhelmed by the Demon’s plane and turned into a Lich King, As such, they were not pure lich Kings, Lords of the sky.”
Tyler nodded.
“That was my impression as well. The impure part, not the details. The other Lich King was on a whole other level with it’s mental attack.”
Kazuma poked his head in to look at him.
“I see what you mean by true monsters, now Tyler. These things. They could destroy an entire city!”
Tyler was panting slightly as he replied.
“Which is why you need to step it the fuck up.”
Lyrica looked at him and saw his condition.
“You need to rest, Tyler. You’re on the verge of collapse.”
HE pulled a FAR more potent stamina potion and restore from his pouch and drank them. The panting stopped.
“I need the exercise, Lyrica. I’m the only one that can fight these things repeatedly. Watch, if another walks in through that hole in the wall, I’d be the only one it’d fight. I’m fine though.”
The succubus just looked at him sadly.
“I see you truly ARE Gruven’s son. Never resting even though you have to, and having the fight the true threats alone.”
Tyler patted her reassuringly.
“I’d never share the fight even if I could.”
She smiled.
“Of course not.”
The room was searched before it was his level clean. Then they returned to the pile of loot. The furniture was gone over and cleared before he added them to the pouch before the ore was taken out and seperated. They laid the valuable ore out in a long line as Lily would tell them what is was.
“we got blood Platinum, more Pure Magicite, Pure Gold, Sterling Silver, Pure Copper, a Crystalline Ingot four feet thick, another Adamant vein, more Oremicah, and a six feet thick block of Rune.”
Furiosa looked at the ore.
“I’ll claim the adamant, as I collect it.”
“Sure, that Ingot, is that what my bow is made from?”
The Adamant ore was set aside as Lily answered.
“It is. Sadly, only an elven smith can work it and I haven’t the skill yet.”
“Well, we ARE headed to Cragspire.”
That got a laugh as Furiosa was heard.
“The Ingot is yours. My request is you use it well, as the items made from it resemble Glacious’ scales.”
“Of course, Furiosa. No clue how we’ll use it just yet, but we will. Now. That Rune block.”
The green dragon thought it over.
“You may have it as I got the Adamant.”
“Thanks Furiosa. We’ll add it to our own collection.”
HE looked at the other ores and she gave her verdict.
“You may have the rest, as I either have multiple tons or it doesn’t interest me.”
“Nice flex. And thanks. We’ll lay out the weapons and armor next.”
“Agreed. I must say, I find this strangely fun.”
“Right? It’s a weird fun to see just WHAT we found and you gets what.”
The weapons and armor were retrieved and laid out.
“Tyler, Furiosa needs to see this.”
“Oh shit now what?”
He walked over to Lyrica and found her holding a gold wand. HE blinked as Furiosa was stunned.
“That’s a Dragon Wand. It literally sends out a flame as hot as our own breath when waved. Heart, handle it with care.”
“I will. I get the feeling there’s more gold gear in here. Do we wait to see or bring it now?”
Tempesta weighed in now.
“I would bring it. As it relies on movement to function, it is dangerous to just leave laying there.”
“Alright, I’ll head to you.”
He took off running as the party now moved with the utmost caution in digging into the pile. Tyler placed the wand on Tempesta’s tongue and he up and snapped it. The dragons breathed a sigh of relief as the sound was heard. Tyler smiled and was off back to his friends. They were still laying out gear when Sera squeaked.
“I got a gold sword!”
Tyler walked over and Furiosa was heard gasping.
“That’s a Sword of Dragonslaying! It’s enchanted to negate ALL of our skills, breath, and special abilities.”
“Sooo, can I keep it?”
Tempesta sighed.
“Sadly not, Tyler. That sword was forged in an era of war to drive us extinct, and it nearly succeeded. We dragons love a good challenger, but that sword has the potential in the wrong hands to unbalance the world. The fact is if we dragons go extinct, the world loses magic. PERIOD.”
“How’s your population?”
“We are more plentiful then you realize. Never you worry. That said, dragon young are rare due many factors.”
“I REALLLLLY wanna make a joke here, but I got Furiosa in me head.”
The dragoness snorted.
“Oh DO tell!”
“Ya sure?”
“I love a good joke.”
“Well, Tempesta, ya got Furiosa four feet from ya. Don’t be bashful now.”
The green dragon lost it! The ladies in the room all promptly smacked him as he laughed with her. Then Tempesta’s voice was heard.
“Ah. In your words. FUCK IT.”
Furiosa was then heard to purr like a cat as a loud thud was felt that made the chamber shudder as Her pleasured growls was heard along with dust falling from the ceiling under the force of dragon sex. Tyler looked at Kaori.
“It weird I kinda wanna watch?”
She just looked at him.
“Dammit I do too!”
“Wanna?”
“Eh, fuck it. I die, I can say I saw dragon sex.”
The two ran out to the entrance, and they saw Tempesta with his fangs in the back of a mewling in pleasure Furiosa’s neck as he slammed a tree trunk sized dong into her slit with a ferocious force. The group watched the two dragons mate before the blue was seen to shudder as Furiosa roared in her bliss as she was filled with dragon’s cream. As the dragons recovered the duo applauded the show. Tempesta rumble.
“It has been too long Fury.”
She hummed.
“It has, Tempy. Maybe we could take a page from THEIR book.”
Tyler smiled as he kissed Kaori. Tempesta and Furiosa looked at them now.
“Since you bore witness to the act of dragon mating, and one carries the title of Dragon Heart, YOU get to choose our young’s color. They will be both females. Choose wisely.”
Tyler and Kaori blinked.
“HUH?”
“HUH?”
The tired dragons rumbled in amusement.
“It’s a dragon ritual that the one OTHER then those that were involved choose the color. As the next gem we eat will dictate the color. Again. Choose wisely.”
Tyler and Kaori snapped out of it. Tyler smiled.
“I got another Onyx.”
The two dragons looked at each other.
“That color would look beautiful in the sky.”
“It would.”
Kaori ran through their collection of gems. Then she smiled.
“What if you ate TWO gems at the same time?”
They looked at her.
“It would create a rainbow effect like in Glacious’ scales.”
She looked at Tyler.
“I’d choose a ruby as it’s my favorite.”
Tyler tilted his head now.
“I DID see a rather nice piece of Cobalt down there.”
The dragons gasped.
“That color splash would look truly beautiful.”
“Plus would give her a dual scale as well. Retrieve the stone.”
Tyler was off like a gunshot to collect the gem. He was back a moment later with the two foot cobalt. Tyler and Kaori gave the gems to Furiosa and she glowed a moment.
“Now we just need names.”
Tyler smiled.
“The Onyx dragon, Shadow.”
Kaori gasped and the dragons looked at each other.
“Shadow the Onyx Dragon.”
“Damn that sounds great.”
They looked at the couple.
“Agreed. A fine name for a Onyx dragon.”
Tyler looked at Kaori and she smiled.
“You’re better than me at this.”
Tyler thought about it.
“Blue and red mixed. Hmm, Oh, I know. Saphira the red sapphire dragon.”
The dragons blinked.
“Saphira? I love how that name sounds.”
“Indeed. A perfect name for a blue/red dragon.”
Furiosa looked at her now incubating womb.
“Shadow and Saphira. Most beautiful choices.”
Tyler hugged Kaori as the dragons looked at them now.
“We have one more title to give you two.”
“Indeed. That last piece of this ritual.”
Tyler and Kaori smiled.
“We’re honored.
“No, Warriors. WE are honored to have such fine friends. The last title is Dragon Surrogate. In the event of both our deaths before they come of age or hatch, YOU become their new care givers.”
“Oh shit.”
“Shut up.”
The dragons blew smoke in amusement.
“The title will lay dormant until such an event comes to pass. In the event it does, a beacon only YOU can see will guide you to Furiosa’s trove, as that will be her nest. The title will grant immunity from the hatchlings abilities as long as they live, as it will be your job to raise them into adult dragons. And so you are aware, Tatiana is just such a caregiver.”
Tyler tilted his head.
“I thought Glacious swore a dragon’s blood oath to protect her?”
“She did, and since she’s still a young dragon the title was granted. She will not grow any larger then the royal transport wagon as that is Tatiana’s limit as a red path. YOU two however, will raise massive dragons that make US look small.”
“Thank you.”
“Should it come to pass, we’ll do our best.”
The couple glowed a moment and Tempesta’s stomach rumbled. Tyler smirked.
“Lady Kaori, in that event, PLEASE make sure they don’t gain TOO much of his jackassery.”
She smacked him with a tired expression.
“I’ll try, but no promises.”
“I didn’t say anything! This time!”
The blue dragon just looked at him.
“You were thinking of saying it!”
“I was THINKING that we need to clean that cave out before some other idiot get curious!”
Furiosa blew smoke in amusement.
“We’ll get back to it as once the cave is clean we’re destroying the cave.”
Tyler nodded and they headed back inside the cave.
“Guess his diet’s a bust.”
Furiosa was the only one that heard him, as Tempesta had withdrawn from the eye share, and she fell over laughing at this as Kaori smacked him hard, smiling.
“You got a deathwish.”
Tempesta could be heard then as he questioned Furiosa.
“What’d he say, Fury? Come on, what was it?”
The party were looking at the weapons and armor as the couple returned smiling. Lyrica smiled at them.
“Enjoy the show?”
Kaori and Tyler smiled knowingly at each other as Furiosa spoke to the group.
“They got named Dragon Surrogates.”
The party just looked at them in both shock and awe. Tyler just shrugged.
“Eh. It’s THEIR backup plan.”
The party just shook their heads as Tyler looked at the gear. HE spotted a trident that seemed to be made from sapphire and picked it up. The thing glowed a deep blue and he smiled.
“I think I’ll give this to Lymir as a gift.”
Furiosa chuckled.
“Agreed. I don’t really like the jewel gear. But that sword, third from the left.”
Tyler lifted the slightly curved weapon.
“I think this be adamant.”
“It be. I’ll claim that one.”
“I’ll add it to the pile.”
He placed the weapon atop her rune adamant vein as Sera lifted a silver dagger.
“Can I have this?”
The dragon rumbled affectionately.
“Of course Child.”
She giggled and added the weapon to her belt as Kaori spotted a slender katana made from a red stone. She lifted it and it glowed like fire.
“You may keep any jewel weapons you find as I have never found them attractive.”
“Thanks Furiosa.”
Kaori slid it into her sash and Tyler chuckled.
“You look like a samurai like that.”
She smiled as she rested her hand on her katana handles.
“I feel like one.”
Tyler looked at the weaponry when he spotted a spear with a two foot head made from a white metal. He picked it up and tilted his head.
“This a holy lance?”
Furiosa looked at it.
“It is indeed, Heart. A most rare artifact. The Holy Magicite weapons are extremely effective against undead.”
“I’d like to claim it as I’ll have to drop more lich kings in our search.”
“I agree. Any of the holy relics are yours for this purpose. I myself have a holy scimitar in my trove if you wish to make a trade.”
“Opals?”
“Indeed. The price be 15 opals.”
“That is more then fair. Kazuma, you’re a white as well, you get this spear in case of undead anything. I admit to still be learning the way to wield it.”
The green dragon spoke again.
“I am in agreement here as well. It was a most wise move to recruit another white path to your party.”
“Wisdom had nothing to do with it. We’re kinda stuck with each other as he’s Kaori’s twin brother.”
“You poor bastard.”
Kazuma laughed as Tyler gave him the spear, finding it had a collapse function as well.
“You have no idea how right you are, lady dragon.”
Tyler snorted as he looked at the gear.
“Kaori’s the only one that loses that one.”
Lily came up then.
“I got me a rune dagger, Lady Furiosa.”
The dragon thought it over.
“Yours, Child. I have the sword.”
“Thank you.”
Tyler noticed a glittering bow and lifted it. Furiosa was shocked.
“That’s a golden bow! It’s enchanted to fire eight arrows at once on top of the shaft nocked!”
“I’ll set it on your pile.”
“That would be wise, as the Golden Gear are just plain dangerous to own due to just how powerful they are.”
Tyler set it down and looked back as he spotted a vest of blue metal. He lifted it and tilted his head.
“Did I just find a rune vest?”
Furiosa was impressed.
“You did. Our mythril is superior, but only just. I admit I have never known Rune to have been forged in such a manner. I wish to claim it, but I know you need it far more then I. Yours.”
“Thank you, Lady Furiosa. Let’s see. Who gets the upgrade. Wulf, this is in your size.”
The ranger blinked as Tyler tossed him the vest.
“Thanks. I don’t usually WEAR armor, but it seems times are just too dangerous not to now.”
Tyler chuckled as he looked back to the gear.
“We can’t afford any gaps in our gear Wulf. Not at this point. Hey, that’s pretty.”
He lifted a green Magicite shield.
“I’ll claim that one.”
“Sounds right for a green dragon.”
He added it to her pile as Lyrica found a ruby bow.
“I’ll take this one. Truth be told I’ve need an upgrade for a while.”
“Nice. We got room at the mansion for you to mount your friends.”
She smiled as Wulf just sighed.
“Okay now you’re doing it intentionally.”
Malico found a set of green bracers and looked at Tyler.
“What do you think Lady Furiosa?”
“Hmmm, you may claim it, Cat, as you have yet to gain.”
“Thank you.”
“Can’t have everyone’s favorite kittycat get left out, right?”
She purred as Ashy found a brown set of gauntlets that when she put them on became mere fingerless gloves. Furiosa laughed.
“No disrespect, Warrior, but I hate how the brown path looks.”
“Fair. And I will refrain from the obvious pun, since Wulf asked me NOT to make fun of your path, Ashy.”
That got the elf a warm kiss as Kazuma looked at Tyler with new respect.
“Wow, Tyler.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Much as I bust his balls, I got his back.”
That got a smile.
“Nice to see you’re not a TOTAL asshole.”
Tyler then spotted a black pair of high cut boots.
“Hey, Vixen, think those are in your size?”
The black mage saw the boots and smiled.
“As a matter of fact they mold to fit. Good eye as my current boots hurt after a while. Lady Furiosa?”
“Yours Child. The black clashes with the colors of my trove.”
Tyler smiled as Vixen swapped her heeled riding boots for the black ones and sighed with relief as they took shape.
“Much better.”
“Nice to see my favorite fox comfy.”
Lucy picked up a emerald axe.
“Lady Forest I’ve found an Emerald Axe.”
“I shall claim it as I collect the emerald weapons.”
“Of course.”
She laid the weapon down as Tyler tilted his head.
“Wait, is that a mythril breastplate?”
He lifted the piece of armor and chuckled.
“It is. Wow. Ways as much as Gliepnir.”
Furiosa looked at it.
“Hmmm, I’ll claim that piece. Then I’d have the full set.”
“Nifty. I thought you make the mythril yourself?”
“Only a High dragon can. I am merely a greater dragon. At this moment, there are only TWO high dragons in the realm. Tempesta and his sister Leviathan.”
“Is the rank an age thing?”
“It is. Tempesta is 300,000 years older then I.”
“Huh. Alright.”
Kaori looked at him.
“What? No age joke?”
“Sorry, Barbie, I’m too old for just a childish pun.”
Furiosa cracked up as the others just groaned in pain. HE got smacked as Kaori just sighed.
“I opened that door. I’m sorry.”
Tyler chuckled as he spotted another double bladed staff sword made from a blue material. He lifted it and it glowed a neon blue. He smiled widely.
“I’ve been looking for one of these.”
Furiosa spoke.
“You may have it, as that is truly a beautiful weapon.”
Tyler looked and saw two grooves. He twisted on one and it became two swords. HE put it back together again and twisted on it. The thing shrank to the size of a one foot dagger and he put it in a groove in his enchanted quiver. HE then looked at the remainder.
“Okay, I’ve got a new staff sword, a holy sword I bartered off Furiosa, and that demon sword I got off Burlock. I’ll let you all divvy up the remains.”
The group smiled as they looked. Thistle came up with a blood red pair of spiked gloves, Furiosa got a neon green dagger, and the rest were divvyed up till they were gone.
“Gems next.”
“Agreed.”
“emeralds get added to Furiosa’s pile right off the bat. Opals we set to the side for a decision.”
They agreed and every gem in the pile was collected and laid out. The pile was dropped to a more modest 7 feet tall as the pile of gems was laid out. The emeralds alone made a feet foot pile and the opals were another four. Tyler crossed his arms as he saw them.
“Wanna save the opals till last?”
“That might be best.”
“Alright.”
Tyler looked at the laid out gems.
“Hmm. Nothing’s really jumping at me like that onyx was.”
Kaori plucked another cobalt up and smiled.
“I’ll take this for our room.”
Furiosa chuckled.
“Agreed. Seems fitting.”
“The gems were divvyed up between the party, dragon and mansion funds till they were gone. Then the opals were looked at. Furiosa became thoughtful.
“I count 256 gems in total.”
“Wanna split it in halves?”
“Agreed. That will be 128 each.”
“I’ll give you fifteen for the sword.”
“Agreed. I can ask Tempesta if he has any holy weaponry if you like.”
“I think the more we have the better off we are. Especially if we end up having to fight multiple lich kings again. I cannot keep doing that without a few more backup plans, for if another had shown up, I’d have had no other choice but to unleash the Roar.”
“And not even Term would be safe from the blast.”
“Exactly.”
“I shall ask him when I fly.”
“I appreciate it.”
The gems were split and the coin was left. Tyler placed his hands on his hips as he looked at the 7 foot tall pile.
“Well?”
The dragon looked.
“By my count, there is 321,542 gold coins, 543,986 silver, and 1,895,324 copper.”
“HOLY SHIT.”
She snorted.
“That’s nothing. My trove has hundreds of millions of coins lad.”
“Jesus.”
She looked at the pile.
“Half?”
“Again, more then fair.”
“The numbers are 160,771 gold, 271,993 silver, and 947,662 coppers each. Can you transport my share?”
“I have a pouch that holds 150,000, one that holds 100,000 and the rest just hold smaller amounts.”
She thought for a moment.
“If you bring me two opals, I can create a pair of pouches that hold 5,000,000 coins each.”
“That sounds like a better option.”
Tyler took two opals from their own pile and headed to see the green dragon. She made them glow and the cloth pouches were in his hand.
“Nifty.”
Tyler returned and they loaded the pouches with the coins until the chamber lay clear.
“Once over and twice over. Lily, show the ore.”
The party scoured the chamber with the concentration of crime scene investigators until Tyler was satisfied. The walls were strip mined and so was the walls outside the chamber to the outside. Tyler gave Furiosa her share and the fifteen opals for the sword.
“I shall be right back.”
She flew off as Tyler looked to the party.
“Next job is the lisk.”
Kazuma was stunned.
“You’re exhausted! Are you TRYING to kill yourself?”
“this is how I got as strong as I am Kazuma. We still have work to do. Besides, the other things are mere pissants compared to the lich Kings.”
Kaori smiled.
“He’s right. Hell, he don’t really have to do anything as the rest of us are more then enough.”
Furiosa returned and placed a long, curved white sword on the ground. Tyler took it and held it out as he felt the weight.
“Hmmm, I’ll have the learn the right way to use it, but Thanks Furiosa. Better a tool that does the job well and have to learn it then without.”
She nodded.
“Tempesta needs to look over his own trove, as he couldn’t remember on the fly like that.”
“Another nice flex. Thanks again. We find another we’ll let you know!”
“Farewell.”
She flew off and Tyler placed the sword into his pouch.
“Okay, mount up.”
The party nodded as Kazuma and Lyrica looked at each other.
“He’s like to work himself to death.”
“That’s Tyler in a nutshell, Lyrica.”
The party rode out as Tyler had Kazuma and Lyrica ride beside him as Wulf pointed the way.
“So, as you can see, my party has some rather high level friends.”
They nodded.
“I see the sky lords look to you for aid.”
“I am a dragon ambassador.”
Kazuma blinked.
“For real? I saw that in the news article, but I just thought you bribed someone.”
HE laughed as he sent his HUD over with his list of titles. Kazuma went white.
“Dragon heart, four dragon friends, Dragon ambassador, three lich’s bane, Champion of Minus?”
“That one is delicate to explain out in the open, Kazuma. Lyrica, you understand, right?”
The succubus did.
“Indeed. Most impressive. And a most carefully guarded secret.”
“She thinks I’m hilarious.”
She blinked.
“Does that mean what I think it does?”
“No sex. Yet.”
“Oh by my horns, how did you get such access?”
“We’ll explain in a more…secure area. Actually, Sallie, Sylvia, since you can hear them and most can’t, that makes a good work around. Kazuma will need to be filled in but not on the open trail.”
The prince nodded.
“I understand. Gotta say, Tyler, you’ve become quite popular.”
“Should see how it is in Raylik.”
He looked at Kaori.
“Umm, Kaori?”
She smiled.
“He’s got three-“
“four, Aqua makes four.”
“right. He’s got four beauties there that ACHE for his visits to town.”
He looked at Tyler with a new respect.
“Anyone I know?”
“Seline, Yoko the raccoon lady in the bounty booth, Verilica at the guild, and Aqua the mermaid that owns one of the magic shops.”
“Holy. Dude. The hell?”
“I’ve also had Lymir.”
Kazuma just shook his head.
“Plus, my sister, Malico, Vixen, and Lyrica? Never thought I’d see the day Tyler became a playboy.”
“I’ve had a Fox Spirit twice now.”
Lyrica perked up.
“Anyone I know?”
“Vulpix.”
The succubus moaned as she remembered.
“Yeah, her. Twice.”
Kazuma saw the look of longing and just felt envy.
“I hate him now.”
“I’ve also had Slyvien, then Lady of the dark Forest.”
Lyrica was seen to quiver.
“Ohh, I MISS her!”
“We’ll be passing through again as Juniper is Malico’s sister.”
Kazuma just shook his head.
“What the hell did I do for three months?”
The party laughed as Wulf led them towards a small hollow.
“Heads up.”
“Yay! Food!”
Sera’s happy squeak made them all smile as they hitched the horses. Tyler had his dual broadswords out as they descended into the hollow. Tyler was in the lead as the saw the thing and he smiled.
“It’s blue. Perfect.”
The thing got to it’s feet and was 95 feet tall, and 150 feet long. Tyler nudged Kazuma.
“See that small groove on the chest? If you stab it there it dies as the heart is just beneath the skin. Lily’s short sword can reach it.”
HE blinked.
“Umm, how many of these have you killed?”
“This makes what? Four?”
The thing roared and Tyler charged as the rest of the party filed around the rim as Kazuma looked to Wulf as he drew his bow.
“What do I do?”
The ranger laughed as he fired.
“Find a spot you fit in with our crew. That’s the first lesson, Kazuma. See where you work best.”
The blonde boy looked at the melee fighters. Tyler was leading the charge with Lucy and Thistle flanking him as he closed with the beast, as the others with bows were keeping it off balance with arrows in the joints and face, Vixen and Lyrica were casting stunner spells, the experienced Succubus already having her role in the party figured out, Serafina was hiding in the shadows of Tyler and the two axe wielding women as she sought an opening for her daggers and poison, and lily was next to Tyler as the elf girl used the more aggressive fighter to complement her more defensive style. Kazuma was looking, but couldn’t see a spot he really fit.
“I think I’ll use my bow until I get a better fit.”
Wulf chuckled.
“That’s what your role is in this fight. Fact you saw it yourself period means you’re starting to learn. That’s how Tyler’s lessons work.”
Kazuma swapped to his dragon scale bow and added his own arrow to the volley as he and the ranger conversed.
“So, you’ve been running with him for a while now right?”
“I was the forth member of the party. He already had Kaori and Malico.”
“What kind of man has he turned into?”
“In my own words?”
The watched as Tyler slammed his sword into the lisk’s leg and Lily used his back as a spring board to try and reach the grove, but it was too high and Tyler had to catch her. Kazuma sent an arrow into the thing’s neck as he replied.
“I’d prefer it.”
“He’s an asshole. Seriously, Kazuma, dude does not care about anyone besides Kaori. PERIOD. He’d happily kill us all to save her life and still sleep sound that night. Even Sera. Yet. He is also one of the most kind, caring, outright friendly people I have ever met. His teasing and infuriating jabs aside, he is fearless, merciless, and does not hesitate to do what needs to be done in any situation. He’d give his life for his friends so long as Kaori wasn’t the one in danger. I’d rather be his friend than not.”
Kazuma thought it over as Sera down the line saw a shot and took careful aim. The black haired princess fired and her shaft whistled as it pierced the groove in the lisk’s chest, puncturing it’s heart. The beast gurgled and fell onto it’s side with an earthshaking thud as tyler smiled.
“Helluva shot Sera!”
She laughed and ran for a hug. Kazuma was stunned by the shot. Wulf chuckled as he put his bow up.
“And one last thing, Kazuma, Sera and Lillia came to us maybe a day after I met them. Let that sink in.”
The blonde haired boy did.
“He taught the tow royal girls to do THAT in less then 12 weeks?”
“8.”
“8?!”
Tyler was hugging Sera as she basked in her kill.
“See? Best shot on the team for a reason.”
She giggled.
“I’m awesome!”
The party laughed.
“Alright, seven get to carving the others with me and Lily to loot the trove.”
The party split down the middle as Kazuma went with Tyler.
“I’d like to talk a bit.”
“Sure.”
They looked around the hollow till Tyler found the cave.
“Bingo. Vixen, you’re with us in case of a tomb.”
She nodded as Lyrica came over.
“I too am well versed in undead.”
“Sweet. Now Vixen has a partner.”
That got a leer from both lovely ladies.
“Yeah.”
“YOU.”
“Lucky bastard.”
The looters dove into the cave as Lily saved the prospecting for after while Tyler used his detection to scout for hidden chambers. They found the trove and Tyler smiled as he saw the 4 foot pile.
“Nice. I got a hollow feeling behind that slab. Sack up.”
The group did, and he tore the rock aside revealing a tomb. Tyler waited as Vixen held up a glowing hand.
“No curses.”
“Nice. Okay, Kazuma, you’re with me and Vixen.”
HE looked at him.
“Just us?”
“Ya got a holy lance dude.”
Vixen and Tyler took up spots as Kazuma took one at the foot of the coffin. Tyler had Gliepnir ready as Kazuma took a stance with the shield and spear.
“Ready?”
“I’m set.”
“I’m good.”
Tyler tore the lid off and jumped back as the thing took a shot. Vixen smiled.
“High lich! Heart!”
Tyler pinned the thing against the coffin lip.
“Got it! Do it!”
Vixen cast an acid spell as Kazuma thrust into the ribcage of the thing. The creature gurgled as his holy lance hit it’s heart before turning to dust. Tyler relaxed and patted the stunned boy’s back.
“See? Easy.”
HE just looked at him.
“It took me TWO hours to kill the last one I fought! The hell I do wrong?”
Vixen answered for Tyler.
“You didn’t have Tyler’s strength holding it in place for an easy kill, or me to tell you just HOW to kill it. He just hooked you up with nearly free stat points. Look.”
HE did, and gasped.
“I got the kill, and the full points? I did next to nothing!”
Tyler chuckled.
“The system don’t care. All that matters is that it died. I got a few points, and Vixen a few more. You got the bulk for the killing blow. Which was what I was after. YOU need these easy kills more then we do.”
Kazuma just shook his head.
“I still have a hard time seeing just how I fit in this group. But I think that’s just rookie speech.”
“We got a Gnoll camp to hit. You might get a better idea since there’s multiple creatures more our size. For now though loot the place.”
He nodded and they got to it. The Lich’s weapon was a blue Magicite axe and the coffin held 540 gold, 650 silver, and 500 copper. Plus a few gems. Int the trove cave, Lyrica was looking at a scroll she had found on the pile.
“Whatchya got?”
She passed it to him.
“A black banned scroll. Willing agony. think Willing Misery, but the act tortures as it is preformed.”
Tyler didn’t touch it.
“It a leftover?”
Vixen took a look at it.
“It is. But of a bygone era, if the way the glyphs are written are an indicator. I’ll give it to Malico since you’re like to lose a hand if you touch it.”
“Thanks Foxy.”
She smiled as they looked at the mound. Kazuma smiled.
“So, what are you planning to do with your wealth, Tyler?”
“Stockpile it for a rainy day.”
Kazuma looked at him.
“Umm, that’s it?”
Tyler was confused.
“Yeah. We have everything we really need right now. Why, you need something?”
The kindhearted boy just looked at the pile.
“If you were to donate this to the poorer villages, they would be able to get a set of walls.”
“Why’s that OUR problem?”
Lily’s voice was heard as she marked an X on the wall. Kazuma was taken aback by her reply.
“You have all this wealth, and you’re just holding it? It’s a waste.”
Tyler smiled.
“Kazuma. It is NOT our job to babysit the kingdom. The only thing we are obligated to do here is fight the waves.”
HE glared at him now.
“then why have you been helping people the way you have?”
“Mostly because the monster fights were fun. Plus we love traveling to different places and seeing what’s in them. Hell, they hail me a hero, yet all I wanted was to just go on adventures with kaori and the others.”
Lily chipped in now.
“We help out a lot. But we’re not forking over our own hard earned coin to the masses just because they ask nicely.”
Tyler patted her fondly.
“I will never do a job for someone they themselves refuse to do. I do not give my coin away to anyone with a pulse. They need coin that badly, grab a pickaxe and go look at a rock.”
Kazuma was getting angry with his coldhearted attitude.
“yet I heard of how you gave some random elven girl 25 gold coins on sight.”
“I owed her a debt as when me and Kaori escaped the tower, I mugged her for 4 silver. Plus, I like to play big brother to the children. Since I never really got to growing up.”
Kazuma was appalled.
“You MUGGED a child for mere SILVER? What the hell is wrong with you?”
Tyler glared at him now. With his Demon’s Glare.
“I didn’t do it because I wanted to, Kazuma. I did it because I HAD to. I told you before. I will do whatever I have to to keep Kaori alive and safe. If I have to slaughter an entire city of orphans to do this I will do so without hesitating and still sleep like a baby that night. You have two options here Kazuma: get over it, or, since you now know dragon secrets, death. Make a call.”
Lily was nodding sagely as Tyler laid out the law. Kazuma was utterly appalled, but knew he had no choice.
“I hate this you, Tyler. That said, I do not wish to die by dragon flame. I will let this go, but by no means does this mean I accept it.”
“You don’t have to accept it. Just get off that high horse. Cause, starving and half dead from exhaustion with the city guard out for your blood and the Pope out for Kaori’s screams as he raped her: what would YOU have done? Don’t tell me the answer, as I already know what you’d do. Just mull it over.”
The boy just glared at him as Kaori came in now.
“We’re nearly done with the lisk. What’s his problem?”
Kazuma just walked out to go help the butchering as Tyler sighed.
“HE’s got an issue with how we’re hoarding coin, and hates now I do the things I do. Plus, he feels we should just GIVE our coin away as the masses need it most.”
Kaori sighed as she helped them loot the cave.
“He get over it?”
“Nope. Just played the agree to disagree card like Wulf did. Main difference? Wulf understands this world is a harsh place. Kazuma doesn’t fully grasp just HOW harsh.”
The industrious party looted the cave walked away 6543 gold, 7655 silver, 9785 copper coins richer, with a mass of ore, a few more weapons another mass of gems, and the scroll. The lisk was almost done as Tyler and the ladies exited the cave. He came out to see Wulf and Kazuma clearly arguing, and Tyler sighed. He walked over as the ambassador made a point.
“Look, Kazuma, you need to understand something: this world is NOT a nice place. Sometimes we all must do horrible things just to survive. If you can’t accept that, then you are only going to get hurt. Badly.”
Kazuma had a retort though.
“Yet the things you do doesn’t seem to bother you! Are you really that heartless? You all follow a heartless bastard yet are YOU like that too?”
Lucy came right over and smacked him.
“Boy! Do NOT make the mistake of insultin me honor like that again. Yer startin to get on me nerves with this whinin.”
Tyler smirked as her wack had knocked him flat. Kazuma now confronted the hulking lady.
“You claim to be of honor, yet you condone the things he does?”
Lucy sighed.
“Aye. As I cannot do them meself. Having one that is ready and willing to stain his hands to do the work that others of honor like meself is both a blessing and a tragedy. As he must bear the burden of these foul deeds alone. For the rest of his days as well.”
Kazuma just looked at her.
“He doesn’t care.”
“Okay, Kazuma.”
He turned to glare at Tyler as he approached.
“What? He to silence the only one with a spine to speak out against you?”
“Yes. But not the way your thinking. This mess calls for the experts on this worlds pain.”
Now confused, Kazuma watched as Tyler knelt and cast three spells.
“Protective warning. Tranquil Waters. Hallowed Ground. Holy Purge.”
Once the spells were in place, Sallie and Sylvia winked into view atop his shoulders like birds. Kazuma blinked.
“Um. Okay. Hi.”
Tyler sighed.
“The green haired girl is Sallie. She was the one Charlotte left to die by goblin knife. This red haired elf is Sylvia. She was raped, tortured, and killed by my family and YOUR father.”
Kazuma gasped in horror before looking to kaori.
“It’s true, Kazuma. We have an eyewitness confirming it, plus he bragged. Look.”
Kaori used her archive crystal to show him the one in question.
“Jesus Christ dad.”
“You saw the title Holy Muse, right?”
Kazuma looked at him now.
“I did.”
“The only way to get it, is to encounter a spirit, like Sallie here, and understand her pain to such a degree, and FEEL it to an even higher degree, that her soul becomes bound to yours. Next, you have to be absolved by the spirit for something. For me? I sent Charlotte to her after she ruined Sera and Lillia’s chance at a stone giant. So. I sent her a false hope and that fact still tears my heart apart. Sylvia, her pain is my own pain.”
He lifted his shirt and mail, showing off his scar collection, and Kazuma gasped as he fell to his knees in pitied horror.
“So THAT’S why.”
“I know EXACTLY what they did to her. As they did the exact same thing to ME. Only I got to life. Even now, it feels like a rusty burning poker is ripping my insides apart. Sallie. Sylvia. You can take it from here ladies.”
The spirits hopped from his shoulders with small grunts as they hit the dirt. They walked over and placed their hands on Kazuma’s.
“Tyler can do the things he does because he’s strong enough to handle it.”
Sallie used her connection to Tyler to give Kazuma a taste of his heart, and he grabbed his own heart in a pained reflex. She smiled.
“You just see him as a heartless monster. He is. Make no mistake about it. But, he does it so WE don’t have to.”
Kazuma just looked at the spirit.
“I’m sorry, Sallie.”
She giggled.
“Yer too kind for this, Kazuma. That said, you need to learn how NOT to be a doormat. Being nice, and kind and giving is great. But, Tyler’s point is to not run to every needy person you see on the street as that will just get you taken advantage of.”
He sighed.
“How can you feel like that? Charlotte turned away from you, and look what happened.”
Sallie sighed now herself.
“Yeah. Look what happened. I died and met Tyler. I have Sylvia as a spirit sister.”
“Still metal as hell.”
“Teehee! I get to go on adventures, am as close to being alive as I can get without a rebirth, and Tyler’s willpower is so extreme nothing can touch me. So. I won.”
He looked at her.
“But, you had to DIE for that to happen.”
Sallie groaned.
“Okay, now you’re just being stubborn. You know I’m right, yet you just don’t want to admit it. Either cut it out, or I’ll let Tyler dissect your soul.”
Kaori blinked.
“Wow. That would actually solve this problem once and for all. Tyler, just do it.”
“Eh. Sure.”
Tyler walked over as Kazuma tried to back away, only he grabbed his head.
“What are you doing/”
“Looking into-oh you have got to be SHITTING me.”
Tyler let him go and just had a look of pity on his face.
“Dude. Why didn’t you SAY anything?”
Kazuma went bone white as Tyler spoke.
“I….I don’t know that you mean.”
Kaori’s blood went cold.
“What did you see?”
Tyler sighed.
“Sorry, Kazuma. But you need this now.”
The boy was white faced as he looked at kaori.
“Your father raped him repeatedly. Main reason he’s so kind is cause of his own Monster. His is locked away so deeply, well, if it gets loose I’d need demon’s Wrath to drop him.”
Kazuma was crawling away from him in horror.
“How? How did you read my mind?”
Kaori was on her brother hugging him as hard as she could.
“Why Kaz? Why didn’t you tell me?”
Tyler sighed.
“Because if he did, your father would have gone after YOU before you reached ME.”
The boy was sobbing hard now as Tyler looked to his crew.
“Set up camp. Lillia, Lily, Spirits, have a chat with him. I need to have a look at my HUD.”
The girls nodded as Wulf walked over to him.
“This Monster?”
Tyler sighed sadly.
“His split. Like me. He made it to take the pain and anguish of his upbringing. Sadly, he forgot how to communicate with it, and it is just weighing him down.”
Wulf just looked at him in pity.
“Your old world is a hellish place”
“Indeed it is. Sad thing is it fits way too well. Kinda pissed I didn’t figure it out till just now.”
Tyler went back to the Lisk and the others not involved with the talking helped. Tyler could see the group, but not hear them, and from the way Kazuma was acting, he was relying the stories to those that had shared the same pain. Tyler had just finished the last cut when Kazuma came over to him.
“I….need to talk to you.”
“Sure. Gimme a sec, this rib’s got a good bit of meat left on it. Gotchya.”
He hopped down and dusted his hands off.
“So. Have you made a choice?”
The blonde haired boy nodded.
“I need to unlock the cage. Like you did.”
“I need my Demon wrath, Kazuma.”
The boy glared at him.
“Do you have no other way?”
Tyler sighed.
“I do. But. I am NOT putting their lives at risk.”
Kazuma blinked.
“What is this other way?”
“I fuel the wrath with my own rage. If I do it ONE more time, my mind will snap entirely due to the evil, if the strain of a THIRD wrath didn’t outright kill me first.”
Kazuma clenched his fists.
“I can’t wait, Tyler. Or I’ll lose my nerve.”
Tyler sighed, and looked at Kaori. She gulped.
“Will you use it?”
“No. I’ll do this the hard way.”
Tyler looked at the spirits.
“Lose the shells, this is going to be bad.”
He looked at Kazuma.
“You, lose the gear.”
He nodded and gave his weapons and armor to Kaori as Tyler drank restore potions and a few strength boosters. Kazuma sat down, and Tyler watched as his eyes went empty, and he knew he was searching for the cage. The Outcast watched closely as the boy’s blue eyes sparked as a new look was seen in them. They had gone from gentle and kind, to smolderingly angry with a most hate filled gaze. Tyler knew that look.
“It has been a long time. Monster.”
It laughed nastily.
“I am called Creature. I know you. Demon.”
“Then you know what I want.”
“I do. Yet. He does not. He wants me to stay far away and never bother him again.”
“Yet all you want is an end to your suffering.”
“I do. He has put his hands over his ears.”
“You know what must be done.”
The Creature looked at him with hope in it’s gaze.
“I do. Can you do it?”
Tyler sighed.
“I WILL.”
The looked of relief on the Creature’s face was immense.
“Then, let us proceed.”
The thing slapped it’s hands over it’s ears and started to repeat itself over and over in a loud scream.
“LET ME GO! I AM NOT NEEDED! END MY PAIN, PLEASE!”
Tyler rushed over, and grabbed the thing’s hands, and went to FORCE the things off so it’s message could be heard. Tyler unleashed all of his strength and little by little, forced the astoundingly strong grip of it’s hands off it’s ears. The others watched the most disturbing display as Kaori explained.
“Kazuma’s split was different from Tyler’s. Tyler wanted a weaponized shield to just defend himself. Kazuma just wanted to HIDE. Not run, not fight, not defend, HIDE. Tyler willingly merged with his split, Monster, to better protect us all. Kazuma has refused to do so, so now Tyler will FORCE it to happen.”
Malico was shaking in fear.
“I much prefer the Monster over that. At least you knew that it was.”
Kaori watched as Tyler had Kazuma’s hands off his ears, and them pinned behind his back as he was now forced to hear the words of the thing.
“The Monster was a shield, Malico. A shield for HIM to use ALONE. Kazuma’s Creature is just a mere blanket.”
Tyler had Creature’s hands pinned and the massage was getting through, as the struggle was lessening. Tyler however, well versed with such creatures as he was, did not loosen his grip in the slightest. Tyler didn’t say a word or make a sound less he dilute the Creature’s plea. Finally, after fifteen minutes, Kazuma slumped down limply as all his strength left him. Tyler still did not let go, as he’d been duped in a similar manner by his own Monster. Kazuma sat up again, and looked around at him.
“It’s okay. It’s gone.”
Tyler peered into his eyes, and smiled as he saw new strength.
“Alright.”
Tyler let him go and got to his feet as Kazuma followed suit. The blonde boy then looked at Tyler, smiled, and punched him in the teeth.
“That’s for being a jackass!”
Tyler didn’t move and burst out laughing.
“Well, now. That tickled. Not bad for a feather punch. Alright, tough guy. Let’s see the results.”
Kazuma blinked.
“Of what?”
“Your merge. Pull up your HUD. I’ll show you.”
Curious, Kazuma did as requested. Tyler went to special abilities and chuckled.
“Heroic Stand? Typical. Let’s see. Used once a day to render the user unknockable, and immune to all status effects, boosts physical defense by 250, mental fortitude by 350, Willpower by 500, defense and healing spells cost nothing and are four times stronger without a chant, lasts for ten minutes with a ten minute period of helplessness. Upgrades through usage. Wow.”
Kazuma was confused.
“How’d I get such an overpowered ability?”
“Because of the strain on you to keep the Creature restrained. I locked away maybe 65% of my entire being away to keep it contained. YOU locked a mere 45% away. My ability is pure offense. You’re a living shield.”
Kazuma just looked at the name.
“Now. Let me make this as clear as I can.”
Kazuma looked at Tyler.
“What?”
Tyler tapped the icon.
“Do NOT, okay? DO NOT tell ANYONE other then our party you have this. If word gets out about us having such an ability we’ll get targets painted on our backs as everyone will come to try and take it. Or force us to teach them how we got such an overpowered skill.”
Kazuma sighed.
“I understand. We need to keep it close.”
Tyler patted his back.
“well, at least you’re not totally useless.”
“Shove it. And Tyler?”
“Don’t mention it. Now, get dressed. We got work to do.”
Tyler walked over to the party and Kaori hugged him.
“Well?”
“He’s got the defense version of Demon’s Wrath.”
She kissed him before walking over and hugging her brother as Sallie and Sylvia perked up.
“His presence feels like yours now, Tyler.”
“Only, more like a mere wall whereas you feel like you’ve taken us into your dark wings.”
Tyler patted both spirits before looking at Kazuma.
“Soo, you done preaching?”
The blonde boy sighed.
“I still hate this you. But I can’t win this argument. I will let it lay.”
Kaori sighed.
“If it comes up again, we’ll have no choice but to drop you. We cannot afford such infighting. Not with the things we have to do.”
Kazuma just looked at her.
“I don’t like this. How can you expect me to just look the other way when someone needs my help?”
His sister rubbed her eyes.
“Because we are NOT a charity. We have our own wants, desires, needs, and lives to live. We help out plenty, but we will not do EVERYTHING for the people here.”
Tyler blinked.
“Let me put it to you like this Kazuma.”
The boy sighed.
“Okay, what is it?”
“If we hand the solution to every one of their problems, every time they have a problem, how are they expected to grow and live? We cannot be everywhere at once. So, if we do it FOR them, why should they do ANYTHING?”
Kazuma blinked at that one.
“Um. Okay. When you say it like that, yeah. I see your point.”
“Remember the uprising I started in Dragul? I did the heaviest lifting for them: STARTING the revolt. But THEY won the battle with their hands. Let me ask this: day to day life for the Tail in Dragul, what’s it like now?”
The boy scratched his chin as he replied.
“They treat everyone as an equal, get treated as an equal. Even BEFORE I took the Viscount chair, they had already set up a council like an elven courtroom, five tailed, five non tailed, and one Procter of either race that rotates at every meeting so each faction gets equally represented. The Proctors are chosen at random, so they can’t even bribe them. I liked the setup so I just let them run the day-to-day dealings as I handled things like the coin, heavy crimes of which there is very little, and budgets for the city.”
“Now, if I had HANDED the victory to them on a silver platter?”
He blinked.
“They would have expected you to take the chair, and NONE of the true growth would have happened.”
“As their new ‘hero’ would take care of everything.”
Kazuma shook his head.
“I see your point. Goes against the grain, but when put in that light, I understand better I guess. But, why do you torture the bandits if you can just read minds?”
“That skill is a party secret. So, I can’t really flaunt it. Plus, if the other bandits hear there is a highly skilled torturer in the party, and they encounter us, they’ll cooperate just that much more.”
Kazuma just laughed.
“Everything you do, from the heroics to the evil has an ulterior agenda that both is obvious when spoken aloud and terrifyingly thought out. I was scared you ENJOY it!”
“He does.”
The party’s en mass reply caught Kazuma off guard, and he looked at him for an explanation. Tyler just shrugged smiling.
“I love my work. Plus, its fun scaring the hell outta people. I promised the others to never turn my blade on them, so they just go with it.”
Kazuma just blinked.
“Yeah. Just gonna pretend I didn’t hear that.”
“Coolio. Okay, the Dragel is up next. Mount up!”
Lyrica and Kazuma followed.
“Umm, we’re STILL going?”
“Even AFTER all that?”
“Yup.”
Lily just snorted as she climbed up onto Thunder.
“Lazy dogs.”
Sasha barked indignantly.
“Sorry, Sasha!”
The husky panted contentedly as Sera patted her.
Lyrica and Kazuma were just astounded now. The party thundered along as Wulf led them to the next spot as Malico rode beside the pair. Lyrica looked to the busty cat, both beauties massive racks bouncing from the ride.
“Is his pace ALWAYS this intense?”
The catgirl smiled.
“It is when he’s serious. The wave is in fifteen days, so our plan is hit the boards hard until the ball, then harder until the wave starts for real. In his words? One last hard push before the wave.”
“What did he doe before getting serious?”
Malico smiled.
“we were mostly bouncing between cities as we had our task of heading to the Queendom. But, Tyler loves riding to a new city or town and sticking his nose in the gutters to see just WHAT is going on. He nearly destroyed the elven capital when he learned he’d rode into a slave city.”
Kazuma blinked.
“Cragspire was a slave city? That’s horrible!”
“Tyler kicked Wulf out of the party for forgetting to warn him about it. Took him……actually, he didn’t REALLY let him off the hook until Sylvia ASKED him to. Lyrica, he got the Warrior’s Council title.”
The succubus gasped, as Kazuma looked to then red headed devil.
“What’s Warrior’s Council?”
She explained with a new respect in her voice for the boy.
“It’s a title that is only granted top Warriors that hold TWO monarch like Ishtar accountable to his own code for their failures, do so WITHOUT lying, exaggerating, and offering workable solutions to everything counterargument they use. All the while without compromising his own beliefs and convictions. Tyler basically got the label of the very best person a monarch can turn to for advice.”
Kazuma just looked at the boy leading the war party with Wulf right beside him showing the way.
“Maybe I was a little TOO hasty in my judgement.”
Lyrica was smiling widely now.
“It seems Tyler has put ole Gru to shame.”

Tyler at that point was following Wulf’s direction as he pointed out another hollow.
“Sack up!”
They stowed the horses by a rock formation and the party moved out. Once the party was on the ground, Tyler looked at Kazuma.
“That trick is a last stand type deal, Kazuma. Since its pure defense, I’ll set the rule that you use it when I give the yell, fair?”
The blonde boy nodded as he hefted his shield.
“You are the better strategist.”
“Alright. This time around stick close to Lillia and Sera with that shield. For the time being I want you and Lillia to work on a shield wall. And I know we need one more of your shield’s size for it to work properly, but you both need the practice.”
Wulf and the ladies picked RIGHT up on his ploy, and as he turned to look at the hollow, he spotted Lillia mouthing
“thank you.”
Tyler smiled as he saw the scaled covered beast.
“Hey, Ashy, we got a greyscale here!”
She laughed as the 55 foot tall beast rose up.
“Jackass.”
Tyler pulled his mythril spear this time, and lead the charge with Lucy and Thistle with Lily in his shadow. The thing roared at them and spread wide wings, only for a volley of arrows to slam into it’s wing joints and it recoil. Tyler planted his feet and stabbed the thing in the lower chest with his spear, before twisting the thing and tearing back out as Lucy and Thistle got to work on a leg. Lily was looking for an opening as Tyler used his upper body strength to thrust the spear into the thing as it struggled to even retaliate period under the sync’d attack cycles. Tyler smiled as he saw the small groove in reach and flipped his grip to hurl the spear with all his strength at the groove. The spear slammed into the groove, piercing the heart like a skewer, killing the beast outright. Tyler was dusting off his hands as it slammed to the ground.
“You know the drill.”
The party laughed as he retrieved his spear before heading to the small cave with Lily, Vixen and Lyrica. Serafina opted to go this time with Ashy as the others butchered the beast. Lily whistled as they found the five foot pile of coin, gems, and ore.
“We had one HELL of a payday.”
Tyler patted her head as he used his detection.
“Wow. We got TWO this time.”
That got a laugh as he tore the first open and saw the sarcophagus. Vixen held up a hand and nodded.
“Clean.”
“Lyrica, Ashy, and Vixen.”
The Succubus smiled as she was chosen.
“Wanting me to show off?”
he leered at her.
“Just a bit.”
Lily snorted as she leaned on the rock.
“Prick.”
“Love you too, my WILL-be lover.”
“Eep! I hate you!”
They laughed as the group formed four square. Ashy at the foot with three shafts on her bow, Vixen directly across him, and Lyrica next to her.
“Ready?”
“I’m set.”
“Indeed.”
“Hurry up and Start!”
Tyler smiled as he tore the lid off and jumped back. The thing sat up and Vixen smiled.
“Grand Ghoul! Heart, skull, and mental!”
“Shit. I get the killing shot!”
Tyler pulled his holy scimitar as Ashy fired her arrows into the thing’s chest, puncturing it’s ribcage as Lyrica cast a spell.
“Red purge!”
The spell was a red path anti-undead flame and it encased the chattering skull of the creature as Vixen cast an acid skull before Tyler used his own undead spell.
“Holy Smite!”
HE slashed the thing’s skull, as a scimitar is more a slasher then a cutter, splitting the skull clean in half. A black cloud dove onto Tyler’s head and he sighed.
“Piss off.”
It shattered like glass under his extreme mental fortitude. Lyrica was shaking her head.
“It has been a few centuries since I’ve seen a grand ghoul.”
Vixen was in agreement.
“Indeed, Sex Devil. They are a rare one.”
Tyler and Ashy shrugged.
“First time seeing one.”
“Yeah. Nice to see some variety.”
The raiders looted the tomb and came away 550 gold, 750 silver, and 350 copper richer. Tyler lifted the thing’s bow and tilted his head.
“Did we just find a gold bow?””
Lyrica and Vixen were quick to inspect it. When they did they breathed a sigh of relief.
“No. It’s a brass bow. Made to IMITATE a gold bow, but is as strong as say, a Watercite bow in the hands of an ice mage.”
“Still a rare find nonetheless.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Now we have a good piece of bait gear.”
That got a laugh as they moved to the second hollow feeling. Tyler tore the slab aside and found another tomb as Lily prospected the first. Vixen smiled.
“Again. Clean.”
“Ashy, go swap out for Kazuma.”
“Right.”
Vixen chuckled.
“Seeing how the dynamic works?”
“Yup. Kazuma’s a white as well, so he needs as much undead practice as he can get.”
The blonde boy came running up now. HE saw the tomb and pulled his holy spear.
“Ready.”
They went in, and the tomb’s lid threw itself this time.
“Wow. Nice to see something new.”
Tyler was right there to pin the sitting up skeleton as Vixen blinked.
“Greater revenant! Skull, heart, and mental!”
“I get the killing blow!”
They nodded as Tyler jumped back as Kazuma moved in with his shield to stab the thing’s heart as Lyrica cast her undead spell as Tyler pulled his Scimitar. Kazuma’s great shield was perfect cover as he made the swap, then the Outcast came over the large shield to slash the thing’s head.
“Holy smite! Holy Fire!”
The dual spells helped as he split the skull cleanly. The cloud dove onto his head, and Tyler sighed again.
“Piss off.”
There was a glass shattering sound as the cloud vanished. Tyler chuckled as he patted Kazuma.
“Leaping into the breach shield up and ready with a spear shot. Not bad rookie. You’re learning, slowly, but it’s something at least.”
Kazuma snorted.
“Whatever. We get anything good?”
Vixen lifted a long black staff topped with jet from the tomb.
“I’ll carry this. It’s a staff of torment. Think river of torment but in a staff. It’s a banned item period. Odd how this wasn’t a cursed tomb.”
Tyler looked around and there was writing on the walls.
“Maybe a cult leader? Most of these glyphs seem rather odd.”
Lyrica looked and nodded.
“I think that’s the best fit for this one. Seems here the ones burying it had worshipped this thing as a god of men or something.”
“Nifty.”
The coffin held a few more black banned weapons, which Vixen would give to Malico to be delivered to the Purity temple, 500 gold, 600 silver, 100 copper. Lily had finished prospecting the cave and tomb before she moved into the other tomb.
“How’s the rock look?”
She smiled.
“More iron, copper, platinum, a rare pure Magicite, a Pure green Magicite vein, plenty of tin, gold, silver, a few tons of clay, sandstone, granite, some good black ball marble, and even a hunk of zinc.”
“Not bad. We’ll loot the cave and I’ll start gold digging.”
Lily smirked.
“I AM a princess.”
Tyler patted her.
“Well, looks like I win.”
She smiled as he took out his axe as the others looted the cave. The ore went quickly as Tyler was well versed in mining by now as the rest of the cave divers cleaned the cave. The placed was strip mined and they walked out 5643 gold, 7784 silver, 3342 copper coins richer, another mass of gems, and Tyler was happy to add another 50 opals to the dragon fund. The happy crew walked out to see the Dragel had been stripped to the bone with quite a few bones being taken. Tyler smiled.
“We’ll hit that earth elemental next.”
Wulf perked up.
“That Gnoll camp’s close by.”
“That first.”
They laughed as they mounted up. Tyler looked over the leftover bills.
“The giants, Lisk, Dragel are dead, Gnolls about to be dead. Then we have the cave bear, Rock Tyrant, and the plains giants. Not bad for a light run.”
Kazuma and Lyrica stared.
“All this is a LIGHT run?”
“What he said?”
Kaori smiled.
“Just another day in OUR camp.”
The two newbies looked at each other.
“I knew they were hardcore, but what the HELL?”
“I feel inadequate.”
Tyler smiled as Wulf gestured to the side of the road.
“The Gnolls set up in that bit of woodland.”
“Okay, Kazuma, Lillia, Lily, Lyrica, Wulf, annnnnd, hmm. Sera.”
They nodded as Tyler pulled the two handed demon sword out. He slung it over his shoulder and followed Wulf into the woodland. Lily right beside him. Tyler looked at Lillia.
“I want you to use your shield in this one Lillia. Sword and Shield only.”
She nodded and pulled her green diamond shaped shield down as Kazuma looked at him.
“Me?”
“Stick close to her.”
Lily smiled.
“Nice.”
He patted her back affectionately as they reached the camp. Tyler hefted the long black blade and smiled.
“I’ll kick the door in!”
They smiled as he did just that, booting the makeshift gate open and charging into the stunned creatures. Tyler swung the blade with his brown eyes burning from bloodlust and excitement as he carved through five creatures with one stroke.
“I fuckin love this thing! Rock Smasher!”
He swung the massive blade over his shoulder and slammed it into another tightly packed group, cutting them clean in half. Wulf and Sera were on different rocks firing arrows in the mass of creatures, and were clearly competing.
“Teehee! I got two that time!”
“Really? I got three!”
“Oh, it’s on now! Silver Burst!”
“Grey shatter!”
The two archers now locked horns over their bow skills, as Lyrica smiled happily as she cast her own spell.
“Blazing halo!”
A ring of flames appeared around a set of four of the dog headed things, before snapping inward, cutting them clean in half. The sexy succubus was flushed in the face as she readied another spell.
“Hellfire Touch!”
This one set ten different creatures on fire that burned with a curious mix of red and black as they screamed. Kazuma and Lillia had set their backs against a large boulder. The taller boy used his bigger shield as a wall as Lillia danced around slashing beasts as Kazuma used his spear for vicious thrusts. The pair working in tandem and the pile at their feet grew rapidly. Lily was holding her piece of the camp. The elf girl using her shield training to both render any attack coming at her useless while following up with a killing slash of her Additite sword. The fight lasted maybe ten minutes before Tyler spilt the last creature in half without a savage underhanded swing. Tyler was smiling widely as he swung the blade free of blood before returning it to storage size. Tyler walked over as the rest of the raiders joined him.
“How’d we do?”
Lyrica was happily flushed as she replied.
“I am uninjured. Plus, I had fun!”
He leered at her as Kazuma spoke up next.
“I’m not hurt either. I think I got what? 15 myself?”
Lillia was smiling as well.
“I like the shield. Still feels a little clunky, but I like it nonetheless.”
Sera was smiling widely.
“I won!”
Wulf grumbled.
“She got five in one shot.”
Tyler patted the ranger.
“And she’s only held her bow 8 weeks, Wulf.”
HE grinned now.
“Oh, it is ON, now Sera.”
She giggled.
“Bring it elfy!”
Lily smiled.
“I did okay. Got surrounded at one point and got a nasty shot to the vest, but I’m good.”
“How’d you break their ring?”
She smiled proudly now.
“I baited one Gnoll into an attack, only to rush it and pivot around its bulk and escape.”
Tyler nodded.
“A good strategy, Lily. A risky one, but it worked. Gnolls are stupid enough that one worked. But, and this just my own thoughts, I would not recommend it on creatures that think. Do you see why?”
She nodded.
“I do. I could’ve gotten grabbed as the things are bigger then me.”
“Exactly. Long as you see it too. Well done regardless.”
She beamed as Kazuma just smiled.
“I see you’re just as good a battle trainer as a math tutor.”
Tyler just chuckled as they looted the camp.
“I guess I got a knack for it. Way my lessons work is I never outright TELL you the answer, as it would defeat the purpose.”
Sera smiled as she worked.
“Like how you taught us to fish!”
“All I had to do was show you the once.”
The camp was looted and they walked away with a mere 55 silver. Lily frowned.
“Why’d we take this one?”
Tyler shrugged.
“eh. We got a rookie.”
“Ugh.”
“Agreed.”
Lyrica smiled.
“I’m not THAT bad.”
Tyler looked at her confused.
“I meant Kazuma. I KNOW you can handle yourself, Lyrica. Should have more faith in yourself.”
She kissed him for that one as Kazuma sighed to Wulf.
“That bastard did that on purpose.”
The ranger sighed right back.
“HE does it all the time. Well, least I got Ashy.”
Kazuma smiled.
“She’s a very kind girl-hey! Dick move!”
Wulf was smiling as Kazuma picked up on his silent jab. Tyler just looked at him.
“Well, Wulf. Nice to see ya got somewhere. I mean, took ya forever and all, but least yer better an that other guy.”
Kazuma just groaned.
“ah come on, guys! Not cool!”
They laughed as the friends rejoined the rest of the party. Wulf hopped up on his horse beside Ashy and kissed her in full view of a now infuriated Kazuma, as Tyler made out with a very happy Kaori.
“Guys. That’s just not called for.”
The two men laughed as they teased him. Tyler let him off the hook as he pulled the next bill out.
“Okay, the earth elemental is up. For the love of Kaori, PLEASE lets have no one get pancaked?”
Kazuma was confused as the others laughed.
“You’ve said that twice.”
Sera explained.
“He’s nearly been flattened twice.”
Lyrica burst out laughing as Kazuma snorted.
“Guy can kill two Lich Kings in one fight, and yet has nearly died to a large rock TWICE?”
“Why the hell does that fit him so much?”
They were hard as they went when Malico jolted.
“Hey, Tyler? I’m vibrating.”
“Oh shit. Wulf.”
“There’s a spot to the left with a horseshoe rock formation.”
Tyler nodded before the party made a beeline for the spot. Once they were safely inside the large formation, he cast all his defense spells. Then Malico passed him the scroll. Lyrica’s red eyes went wide as she saw it.
“Is that?”
Tyler opened it.
“What’s up Minus?”
The scroll smiled widely now.
“The Gods and Goddesses of the scale of reached a decision.”
“is THIS the time to start praying?”
The scroll burst out laughing again as Kazuma looked at it confused.
“One explanation please?”
Tyler chuckled.
“Kazuma, Lyrica, meet Minus. The Goddess of the Scale. I’m her champion in this world, Annnd a good friend as well. This scroll grants direct communication with her for my questions, her to reach me for whatever reason, and for other deities to way in if need be.”
Lyrica was flabbergasted.
“What other deities have you met?”
“Thus far? Death itself. Twice.”
She shivered as Kazuma gaped at him.
“You’ve met Death, twice?”
“Technically three times, as it popped in to better explain its terms for an ability I had a question on, but we’ve stood face to face twice now.”
Lyrica just bowed her head in awe.
“You are even on friendly terms with Death itself and the Lady of the Scale deities.”
Tyler shrugged.
“You can never be on ‘friendly’ terms with Death. It is merciless, heartless, sometimes cruelty itself, and unfair. That said, it will ALWAYS honor its word. That is why we have Sallie and Sylvia with us.”
Kazuma blinked.
“A little scary you understand Death itself so well.”
the rest of the party chuckled.
“We said the same thing.”
The scroll had recovered and was patiently waiting to be acknowledged. Tyler looked at it.
“So, Minus what’s the divine inspiration?”
The scroll shivered as it replied.
“Ohhh, you HAVE to stop doing that to me! The decision is in regards to the Warriors Max, Justin, Zack and your family. Oh, and that overly golden crowned beauty’s father.”
“See Kaori? You make angels jealous with that golden halo.”
She kissed him as the scroll was seen to just slump.
“We won’t deny it. These scum have been cursed by the deities of the scale. The curse is unbalance. It basically means that all manner of indignities will be inflicted upon them at every turn.”
“Provided they survive the wave, right?”
The scroll was seen to sigh.
“Okay, Mortal. We feel you need to be made aware of something.”
“My party is so overpowered the other idiots will survive whether we want them to or not?”
The scroll just slumped that much more.
“Indeed. And we do NOT fault you for this strength, as it was all gained by following the rules of this world to the letter. Even if the ways you work within the rules are frightening to behold.”
“But fun too. You at least got to enjoy my anime collection.”
The scroll smiled.
“I made a copy for myself, Mortal.”
“Okay, Minus. Question.”
“Oh shit here we go.”
“Favorite show?”
The scroll frowned as it thought it over.
“My pick is….High school DxD.”
Tyler and Ashy looked at each other.
“Damn.”
“Lady knows ecchi.”
Tyler looked at the scroll.
“Rias or Asia?”
The scroll scrunched up hard as Ashy whistled.
“Damn dude. That one’s not fair!”
Tyler smiled as the scroll replied.
“If it’s between those two, my pick is Rias.”
“Over all?”
“Oh Koneko.”
“Acceptable. We may proceed.”
Minus smiled widely.
“I see you take these types of questions most seriously.”
“I nearly broke a guy’s nose for saying Anime is mere cartoons.”
Ashy was seen to crack her knuckles.
“And the reason you DIDN’T?”
“Kaori kicked him in the dick in a cosplay of-“
“Don’t. you. DARE.”
Tyler stopped talking as Kazuma remembered.
“Oh yeah! She dressed up as Yue from that one her and him saw, what was it? Oh! Arifureta: From commonplace to world’s strongest.”
Kaori glared at her brother for this betrayal as Sera perked up.
“Who’s Yue?”
Tyler smiled.
“The Golden Vampire Princess. Her lover is Hajime Nagamo. The Monster of the Abyss.”
The natives blinked at the imposing sounding titles as the scroll laughed.
“I loved that one too! You and Hajime are so much alike it’s scary.”
Kaori sighed.
“Yeah. She’s a blonde haired vampire princess.”
Tyler patted her lovingly.
“You rocked it.”
the scroll spoke again.
“Now, our shared love of those exquisite shows aside, these Warriors.”
Tyler sighed as he looked at Wulf.
“It seems they’ve been condemned to live a living death.”
The ranger nodded.
“Indeed. This judgement is beyond our blood oath, so I feel better. Still want to just kill them.”
Tyler looked at Lily.
“More worried about Willow.”
The scroll chuckled.
“The Judgement was passed in a Divine Decree. Thus, the rulers of the Mortal plane are aware of it.”
“Must be nice to hear such heavenly devoted words for a Goddess like yourself.”
The scroll shivered hard.
“Ohhh, STOP! Please! I need to focus!”
Tyler smiled widely.
“Thus spoke the GODDESS to her most eager disciple.”
The scroll growled.
“Dammit. FINE.”
Tyler glowed a moment and vanished from his spot beside the scroll. Kaori burst out laughing as the others just stared.
“He’ll be right back.”
Tyler was next inside a large bed chamber where Minus was waiting in her black armor beside a bed. He was naked and she was shaking her head.
“Damn you, Mortal. Come here!”
She was naked next as well, and he smiled as he saw her. She had long ankle length black hair, white skin what was slightly luminous, massive breasts that supported themselves, and a bald groin. She had bright ice blue eyes and was as tall as he was. She laid back and he mounted her before sliding into her warm slit as she bucked to meet him.
“Oh, I WANTED this!”
He kissed her as he began the ride of a goddess. She feeling warm, tight and just amazing as she flipped him onto his back to ride his spear herself. She orgasmed first before he flipped her onto her back and filled her with his own cream. She smiled widely as he grabbed her firm rear for extra force.
“I see you’re as fun as Vulpix says.”
He kissed her as she got creamed again.
“Her too?”
She laughed as he flipped her face down and rode her from behind. Minus looked over her shoulder with a happy leer.
“Maybe. Just. Maybe.”
She creamed again at her third filling, before he sat her on his lap and kept going as she squirmed in hist grasp.
“I LOVE you!”
He kissed her warmly.
“I love you too.”
She blew again and he laid her on her belly as he placed his still ready rod on her rear button. Minus smiled widely.
“Sure.”
He slid into her rear and she slammed into it hard as she got another filling before her next orgasm rocked her body. She was panting happily as he kept going, sitting her on his lap to play with her groove as he bounced her on his pole. Minus was loving it as she came yet again, and flopped to the bed.
“I’m done. So hurry up.”
He smiled as he switched to her slit to finished himself off on her warmth. Then they laid beside each other recovering. She smiled with satisfaction.
“I NEEDED this!”
He kissed her warmly.
“Always eager to please.”
She laughed.
“So you know? This might have to happen again.”
“I look forward to getting behind you again.”
She just shoved his head into her soft rack.
“Oh, NOW I want more!”
“I got more to give!”
She groaned.
“I want it so much, but my mortal shell has a limit. Anymore and it’ll override your Warrior’s Protection, and I’ll get pregnant with our child. Plus it’ll hurt.”
HE kissed her.
“Well, recover fully and I’ll be more then happy to.”
She sighed as she reached down to her oozing slit and dragged a finger in their mixed juice. She placed it in his mouth.
“You just got the title Lover of Minus. Basically, bragging rights you made a goddess fall in love with you, AND you’ve bedded her too.”
He kissed her again, most lovingly.
“This mean you’re my goddess WIFE?”
She smiled sweetly.
“It does actually. As such, your mansion has become my new home on the mortal plane.”
“I see you’ll need your own room as well now.”
She smiled and placed a crystal in his hand.
“I’d like it to look like this.”
“Of course, My heavenly WIFE.”
She shivered as he kissed her again, and just showered her in kisses.
“The title also has an ability like Warrior’s protection. Long as you don’t WANT me to, I can’t conceive.”
“yay. We get to play. A LOT.”
She smiled as she hugged him.
“I have my sphere to govern, but I will be in my room for a while for time to time.”
“Be prepared for a pile.”
She licked her lips now.
“I want to taste that cat.”
“Oh, she is going to LOVE you.”
She snuggled hard into his neck as he held her tightly. Then she sighed sadly.
“Times up for this romp.”
HE kissed her lovingly again.
“Till next time.”
She sighed as he vanished back to the Mortal plane. She looked at her dripping slit and sighed sadly.
“I am so happy we chose his world this time.”
She then smiled like a small girl with her first crush.
“I got a husband! ME! The one the other deities all called ugly, stuffy and scale obsessed! Ohhh, those love goddesses are going to be PURPLE with envy when they find out I got a Hero Warrior for me first Husband!”



Tyler popped back out in front of the blissfully smiling scroll fully clothed as the other ladies all applauded. He pulled up his HUD and showed his new title off. Soon as they saw it, Malico, Kaori and Lyrica burst out laughing.
“Dammit! He got ANOTHER one!”
“He really can’t help himself!”
“A Succubus AND a goddess in ONE day? We got a love god here ladies.”
Tyler just shrugged.
“I like beauties. Can you really blame me?”
The ladies all smiled as Wulf and Kazuma just sighed.
“Well. I give up.”
“Yup.”
Tyler looked at the blissed out scroll.
“We’ll get back to it Minus. Love you.”
The scroll glowed, before turning a deeper blue like his path blue.
“I love you too. I’ll be looking ahead to our next.”
The scroll was now speaking in her voice, instead of just writing out her words. The ladies all picked up on how contentedly tired she sounded as well, and applauded once more. Tyler rolled the scroll up, and it moaned lewdly.
“Oh you like that eh?”
The scroll was heard to gulp as he ran a light finger over the thing, and it shivered.
“Dammit, stop! I need to recover first!”
He laughed as he gave it to Malico, who rubbed her own glorious cleavage overt he now moaning scroll.
“YOU little kitten I WANT to meet.”
Malico purred as she stored the scroll away. Tyler chuckled.
“Well now. Fun day.”
Kaori leered at him.
“Got enough left for me?”
HE kissed her most passionately.
“Always.”
She smiled.
“Well, play on.”
They laughed as Kazuma just sighed.
“Great. My sister gets more action then I do.”
The ladies laughed as they mounted back up. Tyler looked at the next bill.
“we’re fighting a rock next.”
They nodded as they rode along. Tyler pulled a vitality potion from a pouch and chugged it. Kaori was now concerned.
“You good?”
He chuckled.
“Been a while since I’ve had a full day like this, kaori. I’m good.”
She smiled with relief as Lyrica opened her mouth.
“Say it Lyrica and you’re sleeping outside.”
She closed her mouth as Kaori looked at her winking.
“He won’t tease you on things like bust or length if he likes you, so he’d like it if you didn’t either.”
The red headed devil smiled as Wulf tilted his head.
“Huh. Ya know something, kaori? Now that you say that, he hasn’t EVER made a jab at me with those kinds of jokes.”
Tyler smiled.
“I may fuck with you and Kazuma a lot, Wulf, but it’s just in good fun.”
The two men smiled.
“I still hate you.”
“But at least he’s not cruel with it.”
Ashy smiled now herself.
“See? Even TYLER has a line.”
“It might not be for much but I got it.”
The party laughed as they neared the next kill site. Wulf blinked.
“The rock crossed the road.”
indeed it had, if the square prints in the dirt were anything to tell by. Tyler smiled.
“Sera, lily, lillia, and Kazuma, four treelengths back.”
They nodded as tyler sighted the thing off the side of the road.
“Wow, thing’s fifty feet tall this time.”
Lyrica shook her head at the imposing sight.
“And HOW many of these have you killed?”
“dunno. This makes it three?”
“Of course it is.”
The party left their horses and tyler looked at them.
“Huh. That’s an idea.”
The party shook their heads as they moved to attack the walking rock.
“Oh shit here we go.”
“Love you too. They have a collar or a bell that if we blow our whistle our horses come?”
Lyrica and Vixen burst out laughing.
“It’s called a cavalry Horn. I sell them in my shop.”
“Neat. We’ll get a set in case of an emergency escape. Or an angry kaori for me.”
She smiled sweetly.
“You REALLY think you’d escape me?”
“Not at all.”
She giggled.
“Good boy.”
“and now I’m terrified.”
The party laughed as Tyler pulled his bow and took aim.
“Ice pierce.”
The thing hadn’t noticed them as Tyler’s penetrator shaft slammed into the black stone of it’s back. It bellowed as it stumped to turn around. The party were using ranged weaponry to kill it as it was just too dangerous to get close. Tyler smiled as he fit three shafts.
“Ice pierce. Piercing Teardrop. ChainShot.”
The party all readied penetrating shots and spears as the thing tried to raise it’s slabs of stone called fists.
“Now!”
With it’s eyes blocked, the party released their volley, and the missiles struck home in the things chest. It dropped to it’s knees lifeless and the party got back as it fell onto it’s face with such impact the ground shook like a major earthquake. They rode the shockwave by crouching low to the ground while the shaking subsided. Then Tyler laughed.
“Ya ain’t gon git me a third time ya rocky fuck!”
Lyrica blinked.
“Damn. I’ve heard ole Gru say that so many times its scary.”
Kaori patted her back.
“Did they?”
She slumped.
“Yup.”
Kaori gave the dejected Succubus a warm rub on her back.
“That’s another difference between the two. If you get Tyler once, you won’t get him a second time.”
Lyrica watched as Tyler and Lily started mining the thing.
“Then what did he mean by a third?”
“A golem nearly fell on Sera the other day, and one DID fall on him. Idiot forgot he was fighting a giant rock.”
Lyrica burst out laughing at the tales.
“Gruven had a similar thing happen to him. But it was Durandals he’d tipped over!”
The ladies laughed as the elemental body was collected. Netting them roughly ten tons of granite, black marble, Pure Magicite, Blood Platinum, a vein of adamant, another vein of Black Magicite which Vixen handled, and a thick block of Pure Silver. Tyler smiled as he looked at Kazuma.
“hey, Kazuma, catch.”
Tyler tossed him the loot pouch, and he caught it confused.
“Why you giving me this?”
“Wow, Kazuma. You’re holding ten tons of stone. Not bad.”
Kazuma blinked and looked at the pouch as his mind fought to understand just HOW he was holding that kind of weight. Tyler took it back as he looked up and spotted a sky shark.
“Hey, blondie, look up.”
Kazuma did, and saw the shark. His face contorted in pain as he vainly tried to make sense of what he was seeing.
“Why? Why is there a shark up there?”
Tyler and the rest of the party busted up laughing as Kazuma looked back at Tyler with a pained expression.
“Asshole, now I’m gonna spend all day thinking about it.”
Ashy patted the blonde boy as they moved to kill a cave bear.
“He did the same thing to me when I joined. The headache lasts until you find a way to just get over it.”
Kaori just kissed Tyler.
“That was evil.”
“original though.”
Wulf just shook his head.
“A good way to show him he’s not in his old world anymore.”
“And to drive him insane.”
Lryica rode up next on her black Dullahan.
“Gruven would sometimes spend hours resting on some grassy hill and just watch the sharks swim by. Eri would lose her mind over it every time.”
Kaori looked at the succubus.
“Was Eri my mother?”
The red head smiled.
“Yep. We called Sera’s mother Erica, and yours Eri to not confuse em.”
Tyler then felt the need.
“Did you see the last two crystals?”
Lyrica smiled.
“I did. Ya got a week to live.”
Tyler patted Kaori’s hand, and Lyrica then noticed she had a ruby ring.
“I think I’ll be JUUUUUST fine.”
The sexy Succubus smiled proudly.
“Is that an?”
Kaori sighed.
“No, Lyrica. This is something ELSE.”
Tyler sighed as well.
“I had PLANNED it to be a diamond, but, well, we got the waves.”
Kaori and Lyrica looked at each other in shock.
“Wow. He’s at THAT stage.”
“I do not want to know a thing.”
Kazuma spoke up.
“Great. Kaori’s got hers on a ring.”
Tyler smiled.
“Must suck-nope. Not gonna be that kinda dick.”
Kaori smiled.
“Thanks. Silent jabs are hilarious, and okay.”
“right? He’s MUST be a silent one alright.”
Kazuma’s happy smile died and was replaced with an infuriated grimace as Lillia chuckled softly.
“Well, Tyler, sometimes a man just needs to practice!”
Everyone looked at her, shocked. She squirmed before Tyler smiled proudly.
“Damn, Lillia. Good one.”
Sera giggled.
“Sis has a good one every now and then.”
Poor Lillia blushed. Wulf smiled as he gestured to the side of the road.
“Alright, the thing lives near here.”
Tyler smiled.
“Kaori, Ashy, Kazuma and Lyrica.”
They nodded as Kazuma sighed.
“He went and even got Lillia cracking jokes.”
The hunters moved to where the thing was said to live. Only, as Tyler came around a corner, he was face to face with the beast. Tyler blinked as the fifteen hundred pound grey furred bear swiped a paw 12 inches across and knocked him into a tree.
“Found it!”
The bear rose on it’s hind legs and roared as Kaori grabbed Kazuma’s spear and stabbed the bear in the underbelly right in the heart. Tyler watched as Kaori jerked to the side, tearing the spear free while at the same time pulling the bear down on it’s side. She then wiped her brow as she leaned on the spear.
“Well. That was a rush.”
Tyler just walked over and kissed her.
“I fucking love you, Kaori.”
She smiled as she tossed the spear back to her stunned brother.
“Looks like I can handle YOUR spear better an you can!”
The group busted up laughing as Tyler just kissed her again. Wulf was smiling as Kazuma just put the weapon away with a look of defeat on his face.
“So, how’s the indignant life treating you?”
Kazuma just stayed silent. Well aware he had lost this battle hopelessly. Tyler held the leg of the bear up as Kaori and Ashy skinned the thing.
“Hey, Wulf, can we eat this?”
The Ranger was looking at a nightshade bush as he replied.
“Sadly not. The meat is nasty, greasy, and just gets you sick. Cave bears live in caves usually, and feed off mushrooms, cave rats, berries, and other underground foods. Their toxic really.”
“Should we bother looking for it’s cave?”
Wulf thought about it as he took the poisonous plant.
“Honestly? We should. If something forced a bear of this size out of it’s cave, it can only mean trouble.”
Lyrica was on the same page.
“I agree with Wulf. A cave bear this size has few enemies. And even fewer that can evict it from it’s home.”
Tyler nodded.
“Alright. We check the den. Thing’s a male, so we’re not talking cubs.”
The bears was skinned, and the hunters moved along the dinner plate sized tracks. Tyler had his detection skills going in case of an ambush or other such surprise. The hunters found the den set into a dried up river bed with a large area of wet sand. Tyler spotted the tracks and smiled.
“Wulf, those look familiar?”
The ranger smiled as he saw the three toed tracks.
“A Tyrant.”
Tyler looked at the ground.
“Looks like the bear was returning home, as the tyrant came walking through the clearing. The Bear turned and ran as the Tyrant was just that kind of threat.”
Wulf nodded along.
“I’d say that’s the most likely scenario. The Tyrant tracks are 3 feet across, so we’re talking a 35 foot tall beast. NO creature in this forest will challenge it.”
“Except us of course.”
They laughed as Tyler felt something on his detection.
“Well, that’s sweet. He came to us.”
The ground started shaking as a loud sound of cracking branches was heard to their right as Tyler pulled his spear. The thing came barreling out of the forest into the river bed with a bellow of challenge. Tyler smiled as he saw it. This one being 35 feet tall, 65 feet long with a 9 foot head. The colors were green, black with lime green tiger stripes on the spine. The Tyrant had a creamy underbelly, and was more or less identical to the other Tyrant Tyler and the party had killed. It surged to attack as Tyler laughed.
“I LOVE fighting these things!”
the party waited until the last second before dodging the lunging jaws and Tyler took the right side. As the massive dinosaur recovered from the failed lunge, Tyler used his long spear to stab it in the side just under the little arms on the chest. He felt it hit a pulsating organ, and that was it as the creature just fell to the ground. Dead. Tyler blew his whistle as Kazuma just gaped at him in awe for the easy kill.
“How did you make that look so easy? It took me and a party of twenty knights to kill one HALF that one’s size!”
Tyler just looked at him.
“Kazuma?”
“What?!?”
“What is this thing?”
The blonde boy just looked at him.
“It’s a Tyrant?”
“What does it LOOK like?”
The Prince narrowed his blue eyes as he pondered Tyler’s most bizarre question.
“It looks like a T-rex-oh. I forgot.”
Tyler nodded.
“Uh-huh.”
Tyler put his spear away as Wulf looked at a now sheepish Kazuma.
“Did I miss something?”
The shielder just shrugged.
“No one knows Tyrants better then Tyler, Wulf. We had a similar beast in our old world millions of years ago, and Tyler became obsessed with them for a few years to the point he was ACTING like them. Course he was six. That man can tell you everything you never wanted to know about it. But, in this world against these creatures? Yeah. He can kill one 100 feet tall in his sleep.”
The ranger just smiled as the rest of the party arrived and got their knifes out.
“I see. I had a similar fascination in my younger years as well. Only my beast was the Diadore.”
Kazuma smiled as the party got to work butchering the thing.
“Fitting isn’t it?”
The elf nodded.
“It is indeed.”
“Hey! Ya gonna gawk at the ladies or help out too?”
Tyler’s voice from behind the thing where he was cutting strips of flesh made the party laugh as Wulf and Kazuma pulled their own knives and got to work.
“Hey, Wulf, what kinda Tyrant is this?”
The ranger was assisting Sera with a leg as he replied.
“This one is a King Forest Tyrant. The largest variety in this region of Vernillion.”
“Even bigger then the Rock?”
“The rock is an outsider. They call my homeland home.”
“probable outcast?”
“Most likely. It lost it’s battle for territory and came done here for better pickings.”
“Eh. Still sounds fun.”
Lucy had a thought.
“Ya think this one had a bill to it?”
Tyler frowned now.
“If it did, we’ll explain at the hall.”
Lucy nodded as the barbarian helped Ashy with the back.
“Aye, lad. Me thinks a beast like this had to have a bill on it.”
The beast was butchered and collected before they headed for the plains giant camp. Tyler was smiling as the rode along, and glanced at the sun.
“We will still have maybe 7 hours of daylight left when we get back to Term.”
Wulf smiled as well.
“Days in Lectis last maybe 18 hours, nights the same.”
Kaori chuckled.
“Explains how we get so much done a day.”
Tyler looked at the sky. Still clear and all the clouds in sight were fluffy and white.
“I guess since lives are longer here, the gods felt longer days would make up for it.”
Lyrica smiled as she pulled her mount beside his.
“Our home is a majestic place.”
Tyler smiled as he looked at a floating island.
“I STILL wanna take a piss off the edge of one of those. And yes it is, Lyrica.”
She laughed.
“Gods you ARE Gruven’s son. He did the same thing.”
“HE get knocked on his ass?”
She burst out laughing at the memory.
“He nearly lost it to a sky shark he pissed on! All we saw was him take a step back to pull his pants up as a hundred foot shark snapped it’s jaws shut where his meat had been! Another second and he’d a lost his favorite sword!”
Tyler was laughing with tears in his eyes as he pictured it.
“Did he shit himself?”
“Royally. Was scared of flying period after that!”
Kaori was laughing as well as Tyler recovered.
“Well. Dunno who I feel bad for more: him or the shark!”
Lyrica laughed.
“Eri said the exact same thing. Poor Gruven kept checking his tip for a week to make sure it was still there!”
Tyler smiled at that.
“Now I HAVE to do it.”
Lyrica smiled fondly at him.
“I’m happy to travel with his son.”
He leaned over and kissed her.
“I’m just happy I got friends like you all. Anything else on top is just a bonus. A very GOOD bonus.”
That got a laugh as Sera squealed.
“I got a big brother! Yay!”
The party cracked up laughing at sera’s nonstop cute. Tyler smiled as Wulf pointed to the spot.
“We’ll hide the horses and get to it. Kazuma, Lyrica, Ashy, Lily, Annnd, Thistle.”
The named nodded as Kazuma gulped.
“We seem a little outnumbered.”
Tyler smiled eagerly.
“we got Lily with us, Kazuma. THEY are outgunned.”
She grinned.
“Love you too.”
Lyrica pulled a potion and drank it. Vixen gave the other women a knowing look.
“Draining, isn’t he?”
The succubus smiled thinly.
“I love it.”
Vixen licked her lips.
“Hey, Lyrica.”
The devilgirl looked over curiously, only for Vixen to steal a full kiss off her lips.
“Hmmm, tasty.”
Lyrica just leered at the pale beauty.
“Yes you are. So you know, Vixen? I prefer to have a……cuddle buddy…….at night.”
The black mage smiled.
“I’m warm.”
“I’ll leave my door unlocked.”
Tyler smiled as he’d overheard the two ladies conversation.
“I got Kaori. I win.”
The ladies laughed as the blonde beauty kissed him hard. The hunters dismounted and headed off. Tyler in the lead as usual as Wulf and Thistle flanked him with Kazuma and Lily behind him with Lyrica trail. The camp was seen and Tyler smiled widely.
“I have the PERFECT weapon this time.”
He pulled the sapphire staff sword out and set it to glowing. Kazuma smiled widely.
“Pay attention everyone.”
They looked at him as Tyler eyed the camp with a grin. Wulf noted the weapon.
“Is he that good with it Kazuma?”
The old friend nodded.
“Better. He can spin that thing faster and harder then anyone.”
Tyler nodded and the group got to it. The camp held 35 creatures as Tyler and his friends dove into them. Tyler spin the dual blades so fast the glowing blue blades left trails of light as he dove through three giants’ legs in the span of a blink. The others except Kazuma were awestruck by the whirling colors as Tyler proved just WHY he was revered as a master of the staff sword. The rest of the raiders stuck to the fringes of the camp as Tyler staked out a spot in the dead middle and took on all comers as he twirled the blue blades with a terrifying speed and savage strength as blood spattered along the ground and rained from the sky as giants fell cut over 35 times in the span of 5 seconds. The camp was killed to the last and Tyler spun an extra hard twirl to get the blood off before collapsing it into his quiver. The others applauded his show of skill as Kazuma laughed.
“wow you’re rusty!”
Tyler chuckled.
“I JUST got it, Kaz! Gimme a chance here!”
They laughed as the others just stared. Lyrica asked the question.
“THAT was rusty?”
Kazuma explained.
“Tyler’s speed with the staff sword was unmatched period. He got sent to a tournament for it once by our school for some reason, and set both the world speed record for fastest routines, strongest hits, and most fluid movements. We should have been in tears with that blue light show.”
Tyler nudged him.
“Imagine it at night.”
His blue eyes went wide.
“Yo, do it at the ball!”
“Oh FUCK yeah! That plus Kaori, yup. We got a helluva show for em.”
Wulf and Thistle smiled widely.
“She will make them so jealous.”
“Plus the colors? We have a ball that will be sung of for years to come.”
Kazuma looked at them.
“Wait, Tyler, did you do what I THINK you did?”
Tyler just smiled.
“Wait for the ball to find out.”
HE sighed as Lyrica understood the ring’s importance now.
“Oh, NOW I’m looking forward to the ball!”
Tyler smiled widely as they looted the camp.
“We are going to make such a scene in the ballroom! The court….oh yeah. I nearly forgot. Lyrica, Kazuma, we got ONE more secret you need to know about.”
The two came over to hear it.
“What is it?”
“We found Vernillionia’s body. We have his ring, crown, and last will in Malico’s pouch.”
Lyrica blinked for a moment before just slumping as Kazuma gaped.
“How long have you had it?”
“Maybe….what? we found him in the first lisk we killed’s trove. Five days after we got here?
Yeah, that sounds right.”
Kazuma sighed.
“You could have just usurped Ishtar yet didn’t.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I don’t WANT to be king, Kazuma. Hell, my bow was a prophesied weapon too. Oh, and Gliepnir is his sword Fenrir. The bow’s legend came true in the end though.”
Lyrica blinked.
“Wait, if you had the ability to usurp Ishtar at will, but had Kazuma adopted, does that mean that, in the event of an unfavorable royal decree-“
“We kick Ishtar out and put Kazuma on the throne? Yup. That was my plan from the get go. All I want is just go adventurin with the ones I love.”
Kazuma gasped.
“So THAT’S why you had Ishtar adopt me! To both undermine the pope’s plans while reinforcing your own at the same time putting Ishtar in a most favorable light with the court as they’d come to adore me!”
Tyler nodded.
“Yup. My war against the pope have devolved into a long distance chess match.”
Kazuma smiled an unpleasant smile.
“And there is not a person out there that can beat you when it comes to schemes in chess. I was just a piece on your board.”
“Sadly yes. Never liked it though. But hey, we won at least. We won, the pope is dead, you’re a prince and the king still lives. So, I won without losing a single piece.”
Kazuma just sighed.
“And the documents from Yalik. That was what gave me all the evidence I needed to search his chambers.”
“Check and mate.”
Kazuma nodded.
“I see now. You played this one very well. So, since you won the game, what will you do with the effects?”
Tyler shrugged.
“Not sure really. So, for now we’re sitting on them in the event it goes south.”
Lyrica just laughed.
“The Pope may have had the kingdom by the balls as you said, but YOU had the POPE by the beard! Okay, Tyler, loot right?”
“Oh, one thing first.”
She was confused until he kissed her.
“Okay, loot.”
She smiled widely as they fell to looting the place. They walked away with 10 gold, 33 silver, 55 copper. The last bill was the rock Tyrant. Tyler smiled as they rode along.
“When we get back to Term, Wulf and Kazuma will come with me to sell our loot and do a coin conversion. The ladies go to Lyrica’s shop.”
The men nodded as the ladies agreed. Sera perked up now.
“Where are we sleeping tonight?”
Tyler frowned.
“We need a place those idiots can’t reach us or really find us.”
Kazuma spoke up.
“Could always barge into the palace.”
Sera and Lillia smiled as Tyler thought it over.
“Ya know something Kazuma? That’s not a bad idea really. Those idiots are no match for the royal guard, plus it’d provide easy access to Ishtar in the event of anything, plus Sera would het to show me how she lived before the badass. Alright, we’ll commandeer a wing in the palace.”
Kaori smiled.
“All on the same floor, right?”
“As close as we can get. I’ll still cast me spells just as an extra precaution. Oh. And for the girls.”
That got a laugh as they cut the trail of the Tyrant.
“Okay, Kazuma, Lyrica, Ashy, Kaori. Let’s make this quick.”
They nodded and took off running after the beast with Wulf guiding. Even though.
“Ya know Tyler, you’re better at tracking these things then I am.”
Tyler chuckled as he followed the trail.
“never a bad idea to have a ranger handy.”
Wulf chuckled now himself.
“Fair.”
The rock tyrant was a deep grey with yellow eyes and three horns on it’s head. The thing was 30 feet tall and 100 feet long. Tyler smiled as he pulled his spear for this fight as it turned to challenge them. It charged like the others had and as Tyler dodged the initial lunge, he stabbed the thing just under the arm like the last. This one had thicker skin however, and he only succeeded in a nasty stab. The Tyrant snapped at him, and he felt the force of the jaws snapping shut mere inches from his arm as he tore the weapon free with a nasty slash. The thing recoiled with a trumpet of pain before Ashy fired her set of four piercing shots into the hole. She hit the heart, killing the beast outright. Tyler clapped her on the back as the beast fell with a thud.
“Good kill Ashy!”
She smiled as the rest of the party came and the animal butchered. Once the animal was collected, they mounted back up and set off for Term. Tyler was smiling widely as they went.
“We made decent progress today with the newbie.”
Kaori glanced back at her brother as he chatted with Lillia.
“I guess. He still needs to actually kill a high level beast though.”
“Eh. We got a week.”
She smiled as She tapped her new ruby katana.
“I think next round we focus on camps and groups of creatures.”
Tyler thought it over.
“Okay, I see your reasoning Shadow. Since we’ll most likely be outnumbered in the wave we need to practice fighting numbers now. Good call.”
She smiled and he kissed her.
“Though if we see another lisk or Tyrant we hit it right?”
She laughed.
“Of COURSE.”
“Just love you.”
They rode on and saw the walls in under a half hour’s ride. Tyler tilted his head as he thought of something.
“We’ll head to the palace first and give Ishtar the update on the new entrance.”
They nodded and Tyler smiled at Kaori.
“Make it glow.”
She smiled as well and placed her hand on her new katana and it glowed like a smoldering coal as they rode along the road with the shutout Warriors on either side. Tyler took out his new staff sword and was lazily twirling it as it glowed, and he sighted Max railing Charlotte from behind and smiled.
“We had fun, losers! Hey, Spider, nice to see ya get good business!”
The party burst out laughing as the former teacher burst into fresh tears as she felt Max cream in her abused slit. Max, for his part, was eyeing Tyler’s glowing weapon with longing.
“Where the fuck did that worthless retard get a glowing weapon? And you, on your knees and open that mouth. Good girl.”
Charlotte swallowed her former student’s meat and seed as it was, in her mind at least, the only work she could do. Tyler and his party got another fanfare of trumpets as they rode up to the gates, and Garriack the Knight captain came running up.
“Sir!”
Tyler smiled at him.
“What is it Captain?”
“The King and Queen request your presence Sir!”
“We’ll head right over. Thank you Captain.”
The loyal knight banged his fist on his breast plate as Tyler led the party through the gate. He put his sapphire weapon away as kaori laughed.
“I saw my father as we went in, and he was PISSED when my katana started glowing!”
Tyler laughed as well now.
“Wait till he sees THAT.”
She smiled darkly.
“HE is going to LOSE it.”
Tyler kissed her most fondly as they reached the stables. The party stabled their horses and headed inside the palace. They found Ishtar and Erica sitting on their thrones and Tyler smiled as their eyes went wide with surprise as Lyrica’s blood colored hair was seen. Sera and Lillia walked over and got hugs as Ishtar looked at Tyler.
“How the hell did you get Lyrica?”
Tyler looked at the succubus and kissed her right there. Erica burst out laughing.
“THAT’S how!”
Lyrica licked her lips as Tyler pulled up his newest title and passed the HUD to the pair.
“Ha.”
Ishtar just glared at him with pure jealousy as Erica smiled.
“Dammit!”
“Lyrica, that good?”
The busty succubus moaned at the memory.
“Better, Erica, FAR better!”
The queen looked at Tyler now and was witnessed to squirm.
“Tyler…”
HE smiled.
“I got enough left in the tank for Kaori, Erica. But, well, I’ll be fully loaded tomorrow!”
The queen pouted! Ishtar sighed.
“So, the reason for this audience you’ve granted US is I forgot to ask you just WHERE you’re staying in the city.”
Tyler looked at him thoughtfully.
“Honestly, Kazuma suggested we commandeer a few rooms here in the palace.”
Ishtar nodded.
“Agreed. Once the gates open, it will just be FAR too dangerous for you all to sleep in the city period. Powerful as you all are.”
“We’re a marked party. We have an update on THAT end as well, Ishtar.”
“I see. Love, we must move to the inner chamber for this.”
She nodded.
“At once.”
The royal pair led Tyler and the party to a set of double doors. Inside Ishtar ushered the group into a smaller office out of sight of the main hall. Once he shut the door, Wulf leaned on it as Tyler laid out his map and tapped the new entrance.
“We found another entrance, Ishtar.”
HE looked at the spot.
“That’s right next to the road!”
Tyler nodded.
“There was another dragon inside it too. But I worked my talents at getting under it’s skin and Furiosa got the kill this time. Now, the things trove.”
The king and queen nodded.
“How much?”
“Well, we walked away 150,000+ gold richer. Just gold, not counting the silver and copper.”
The two just laughed.
“Of course you did.”
“He makes finding vast riches look like art.”
Kazuma sighed now and Ishtar looked at him.
“Something wrong Kazuma?”
The crown prince shrugged.
“Just bugs me how they have such wealth and are just sitting on it. Think of all the good such coin can do for those that have none.”
Ishtar smiled at the kind boy.
“That is the way of the world, Kazuma. Think of the nobles that have far more wealth and how they squander it like they do.”
The king looked at Tyler now.
“What IS you’re plan for your wealth?”
Tyler smiled.
“Stockpile it in case of a lack of jobs or a big purchase or if Seline needs help cleaning up another attack.”
Kazuma looked up.
“I’m sorry, what?”
Wulf chuckled.
“Tyler there has donated upwards of ten thousand coins to the city of Raylik, Kazuma.”
That stunned the boy.
“I thought you said you didn’t give your coin away to everyone who asks nicely?”
Tyler smiled fondly at the city on his map.
“I love that town, Kazuma. We settle down, it’ll be in Raylik. I have a lot of friends in that town, and Sera has her other sister.”
“Melly!”
“See? I may not hand my coin out to every hand I see, but I DO look out for my friends.”
Kazuma sighed again.
“I can live with that much. Still seems like a waste to me, but that’s just me.”
Tyler went back to the new hole.
“We found a golden wardrobe loaded with what was the count?”
Lyrica spoke up.
“23.”
“Holy shit. Yeah, that thing had 23 gold spell scrolls.”
The king and queen went bone white.
“By the gods.”
“23 gold spell scrolls? Where are they?”
“Tempesta has them. We also found a ring of gold spells with no less then 25 different spells, a gold bow, gold wand, and gold sword.”
The pair were shaking now.
“Such destructive power was just sitting there in easy reach of the those monsters out there.”
Tyler sighed tiredly as he pulled up his HUD.
“No, Ishtar. NOT in easy reach at ALL. There was a lab down there, and these were waiting for me when I opened it.”
The royal pair looked and gasped.
“THREE Lich’s Bane?”
They looked at Tyler in awe as Lyrica spoke up.
“Tyler killed TWO Lich Kings single handedly as we were forced to watch outside the barrier they erect for their fights. He killed two. Alone. At once.”
The rulers were shaking as they looked at Tyler.
“You are a god among men.”
“You have preformed a feat that should just not be possible.”
Tyler just shrugged.
“And I’ll keep doing them until they either stop appearing or stop bothering me. Right now, my limit at once is TWO Lesser Lich kings. My very best is a high Lich King. Yes, they come in variants like other monsters.”
Ishtar looked at Tyler with new respect, and new pity as well.
“And you are the only one in the world that can fight them. Period. You have my utmost respect, and my deepest pity.”
“Thanks Ishtar. Sad thing is these ones weren’t HIS. Just some idiot that was dabbling in something he really shouldn’t have.”
Erica looked at him.
“His?”
“There is a raiser out there Erica. And he is looking to revive the black one that enslaved the dragons from the legend.”
She gasped in horror.
“Oh my god. You have got to be kidding me.”
“The dragons are suddenly digging holes because the Fallen Dragons are aiding him. They live in the entrances to the Underdark, and I gave them the information they needed to search.”
She looked at the holes anew.
“I see now. A large cavern underground leaves a hole from the gravity.”
He nodded.
“I see you took lessons from Eri and Gruven.”
She smiled.
“Ya got a week to live.”
“Like I keep telling people. I got Kaori. I’ll be JUUUST fine.”
Kaori kissed him and placed her ringed hand on the desk in full view of the rulers. Erica smiled.
“I see now. Sylica.”
“Not another word. We’re going for mind boom here.”
She smiled.
“I understand.”
Tyler sighed now.
“We’re looking for a needle in a haystack. That bastard isn’t in the country……hol up. I wonder.”
The room replied en mass.
“Oh shit here we go.”
Tyler smiled.
“Love you too. Malico, the scroll.”
The cat smiled as she placed the happily humming scroll on the desk. Tyler opened it up and it sighed with pleasured joy.
“What can I do for you lover?”
“Got a question for ya.”
There was a happy laugh.
“Oh shit here we go.”
“Love you too.”
“What’s it this time?”
“Okay, bare with me. If an attempt is being made to make a hole in Death for a resurrection, can Death feel it and track it?”
The scroll gasped in shock as it formed a shocked pantomime.
“I need to ask it, hold on.”
“Always for you, Minus.”
“Love you too.”
The men in the room were glowering in open jealousy as he flirted with a goddess. Tyler looked at the map as an unsettling feeling permeated the room. Tyler looked over to see Death itself standing in the room. Tyler smiled as he stood between it and the group.
“Death. We meet once more.”
It rattled it’s bones in a mockery of laughter.
“Indeed Mortal. Why do you seek the knowledge of Death itself?”
“To kill this bastard sooner rather then later. Are you familiar with the phrase play both ends against the middle?”
It laughed again.
“I am Mortal. You seek to aid death in keeping its absoluteness.”
“I seek to keep the ones I love safe from YOU until their time comes.”
The ruler of Death itself just laughed its unnerving laugh.
“I see. You are most wise to seek this, as Death comes for you all eventually. As for your deal. What are your terms, exactly?”
“I have the dragons looking for this bastard the best they can, but we’re looking for a needle in a haystack. I have the waves to worry about so my time is also limited. What we need is a direction to look in. What I’m requesting, is a location you feel the biggest probe. Once this wave ends, and we have the location of the next staging ground, provided the location is within our reach, we will aid in the hunt for this bastard the way only we can.”
Death pondered this for a few minutes.
“Most interesting, Mortal. You do not seek death’s knowledge as I feared, merely it’s presence. This It can grant as Death still feels the challenge to its absoluteness. Now, MY terms.”
“Of course.”
“Death is aware of your efforts against the undead of the realm. My terms are you continue killing every undead you encounter, as they are an insult to Death itself. To better accomplish this goal, Death shall also grant you the title of Death’s Champion. It boosts your powers against undead as a whole, and in the event of a premature death, it grants ONE escape from it’s embrace. Should you fall TWICE a deal must be struck between you. And it. Do we have a deal?”
“Let me see if I got the terms correct. In exchange for the knowledge we seek, you ask we keep killing undead in Death’s name with its own title. Is this correct?”
“It is Mortal. The spirits are exempt from this deal, as it would be an insult to Death for such souls to fight for it when they met death the way they did.”
Tyler sighed with relief.
“We have a deal, Death. I rather enjoy fighting undead. So, bonus.”
The thing rattled its laugh again as it waved it’s arm. Tyler was the only one of his party that did NOT shudder as they felt Death’s touch.
“A further explanation.”
“Okay?”
“Undead encountered in the waves are exempt, as they are merely borrowed from Death for the wave. And to clarify. Death is not seeking you go out after every undead you see on a job board. All Death seeks is the Undead suffer the absoluteness of Death as was intended.”
“I thank you for the explanation, Death. I have a better understanding now. The creatures shall fall.”
“The knowledge.”
It held out a scroll in a bony hand and Tyler took it without hesitating, even getting a glance into the hood of Death. He shrugged and stepped back. Death was impressed now.
“You’ve seen Death’s face, and yet retain sanity. Most impressive Mortal.”
“Can’t go insane if you already ARE insane. How many times have I sought you out? WILLINGLY?”
The thing burst out laughing as the others shuddered at the sound.
“You are most correct Mortal. For only the truly insane would think to seek out death period.”
“I have what I need.”
“I have done what I set out to do. May I never find you beneath my blade, Mortal. TOO often.”
It vanished laughing as Tyler looked at the scroll.
“Damn that guy is intense.”
Minu was heard laughing.
“I have chosen a most spectacular husband! Even Death itself has granted you it’s title!”
“I’m good at this.”
The scroll smiled at him most fondly as he ran a light finger on it, making her purr.
“Indeed you are. Death itself has acknowledged you. Was there anything else you needed Love?”
“If I kiss this thing, would it be like you?”
The room just looked at him as the scroll laughed.
“Sadly not. That must wait until next time.”
“teases it is!”
She moaned lewdly as he ran his fingers over the scroll until kaori grabbed it.
“Ooooh, not so rough, Kaori! Ahh, now my poor breasts hurt!”
The flushed faced blonde passed the lewd scroll to Malico, who rubbed it comfortingly on her own bosom.
“Better!”
She put the scroll away as Kaori smacked Tyler.
“do NOT tease a scroll like that in front of us like that! I feel really weird now!”
Tyler kissed her lovingly.
“Better?”
She smiled.
“Much.”
Ishtar also had a new hand print on his face as Erica leered at Tyler.
“I see even a goddess is no match for YOUR talents.”
Tyler chuckled as he placed Death’s scroll on the table.
“Like I said. I like beauties.”
She smiled as he looked at the map Death had given him. He added it to his own, and groaned.
“Why the FUCK am I NOT surprised? Wulf.”
The elf came over and saw the new location with the heaviest attempts at making a hole in Death: His homeland. The mountain elf’s eyes went wide.
“We need to warn Willow.”
Tyler looked at Ishtar.
“Have you a means to contact Tatiana?”
He nodded and placed a crystal on the desk.
“We had these set up since her and Erica were good friends.”
“Ya got good taste Erica. And yes I know what I said.”
The crystal flared to life and Tatiana’s image was seen.
“Ishy! Erica! Tyler! Tyler?”
“Get Willow, Tatiana. You have a major fucking problem right now.”
She was gone like lightning as Tyler had Lily come over with her new gear. Tyler pulled out a blue coin and Ishtar smiled.
“Tempesta?”
“We need to hit this with everything we have.”
Willow’s armored image was seen as well as Glacious’ eye as she used her power to amplify the spell.
“What be the problem?”
“We’re missing one member.”
Tyler placed the coin down.
“Tempesta. I got a fix.”
His eye was seen and he blinked as he saw the gathering.
“I see it is that kind of serious. A moment.”
His eye glowed and the spells became full images that allowed the map to be seen. Tyler taped the elven kingdom.
“That raiser has set up shop in the elven kingdom Tempesta. Willow. You have a raiser using the Underdark to attempt to resurrect the black one that enslaved the dragons in your country somewhere.”
Her dark skin went absolutely white.
“What do I do?”
“Have every member of the elven guard load up. This bastard summons Lich kings as bodyguards. Tempesta.”
The blue growled.
“I have Furiosa and Ignatia in the skies now. Glacious does not leave the queen’s side.”
The crystal dragon bowed her head.
“Of course Highscale.”
Tyler looked at the map.
“Okay, Willow, this type of bastard is a monster. If your elves encounter him, throw the entire country at it until Tempesta or another dragon gets there. Or US as once the wave ends we’re headed for the capital. This guy also has Fallen Dragons under his command. So keep that in mind as you hunt.”
The queen nodded.
“I have Tatiana sounding the rally cry under the weight of a dragon crisis.”
Tyler held up a blue coin, and Tempesta’s eyes glowed and Willow had it.
“That lets you contact me at any time anywhere. Just take it out and say my name. Or Ishtar or Seline as we all have one.”
She smiled now.
“You’re building you OWN network. Aye lad.”
Tempesta spoke now.
“Queen of the elves, be aware that any entrances you find are to be left alone until I myself or another dragon join your guard, as we have found an alarmingly high number of golden items within them.”
“I see. Of course Lord Blue. The guard will be informed.
“Dibs on the furniture!”
They laughed inspite of the heavy conversation as Tyler perked up. Then he addressed Tempesta.
“I’m thinking we need more dragons on this. Strong as you are, three is not enough.”
The blue dragon’s image was seen to smile.
“Oh no, lad. We are not three. I made a summons of my own.”
“Oh SHIT.”
The dragon laughed.
“There are more dragons of color then of Fallen. I have called my own friends and even my sister from her slumber to hunt this bastard.”
“Yeesh, he’s got the sky AND the oceans after his screams? Yeah he fucked.”
That got a rumble of approval from the blue dragon.
“Leviathan wishes to meet YOU, Tyler. She said she wants her cloak back.”
“I have it in a sealed drawer in the mansion.”
“I see. Most wise. She will wait then.”
“We’re headed back to Raylik after the wave anyway, so we’ll get it then.”
Ishtar looked at Tyler.
“What do we do?”
Tyler crossed his arms now.
“Hmm, Best thing to do is mark the found entrances on a map thus far, as once the dragons start poking holes in the ground there’s a chance he bolts.”
Tempesta rumbled now.
“Hunting a rat in the sewers.”
“Yeah. Pretty much. Oh. Willow, Tempesta, if you find any notebooks, I need to see them.”
The dragon blinked and Glacious chuckled.
“I see. You can even do that with a mere notebook. Milady Willow, I shall explain his ability. Tatiana has witnessed this as well.”
The mother to lily nodded.
“I see. Very well.”
Tempesta nodded as well.
“Indeed. Any books we find We shall let you read.”
“Thank you. We need bait if we’re to flush this rat out. I have Death itself pinpointing willow’s queendom as the most likely lair due to the sheer number of attempts to breach Death. That said, and for the side of caution, he may NOT actually be there. But, that said, ACT like the very next hole you open up has him looking at you inside it.”
Willow and Tempesta nodded.
“Agreed, lad. A most wise way to go about this hunt.”
“Indeed, Tyler. Once again you’ve proven a friend to the dragons. We have no other rewards to show our gratitude.”
“I look after my own big blue. Have you found anymore holy weapons in your trove?”
“I have.”
“we have a deal with Death itself in exchange for this information. We kill undead for it and get updates as needed. So, I’d appreciate it if we can trade opals for the weapons and gear. We kinda need it.”
The dragon laughed.
“Agreed. I have another lance, a greatsword, and a bow.”
“We have maybe 178 opals at the moment. Would 50 for the lot suffice?”
Glacious sighed.
“Highscale’s hustling you, Heart.”
Tempesta blinked.
“Glacious, what the hell? Why’d you just sell me out?”
Tyler just laughed.
“Damn Tempesta, well played. Thanks Glacious!”
“His love for the gems blinds him sometimes. And you are very much welcome Heart.”
Tempesta sighed.
“Okay, Tyler. You got me this time. The weapons are yours. I THINK I might have more, but since these are such specific weapons and gear I am not entirely sure.”
“I’ll check in at the Purity temple. Something tells me they have one or two locked away.”
Ishtar smiled now.
“A shrewd decision, as they do indeed. Every temple has at least ONE White weapon locked away in case of undead.”
“I’ll have a word with the Father. Right now with just my current gear and spells, two lesser Lich kings are my at once limit. I HAVE to get that number to at least ten at once.”
Tempesta sighed sadly now, as did everyone else.
“It is sad that we dragons, the lords of the skies and oceans are so utterly powerless to even aid you in these fights. And you fighting them to defend us just makes it worse.”
Willow was nodding as well.
“Indeed, lord Blue. Goes against the grain somethin fierce, having to let another fight me battles for me and me not even be able to help in the slightest.”
Ishtar and Erica were right there with them.
“Not even we former adventurers can really aid them. All we can do is supply them with their gear as best we can. Yet, the most heartbreaking part, is Tyler has to fight the real battles alone. Alone, and us just watch.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Eh. Not alone. I got you guys and Kaori in me corner. Like I’ll go down with HER looking at me. Plus, with more of me training, Sera, Lillia, Lily and Kazuma will be able to stand as well against these things.”
Willow looked at her daughter standing next to Tyler.
“I see you’ve become even stronger an your momma.”
Lily smiled at her mother.
“You didn’t raise no weakling!”
“Damn right I didn’t. How’s your metal?”
Tyler pulled his pickaxe out.
“Her latest work.”
Willow looked it over and nodded approvingly.
“You be coming along well, Lily. I’m proud.”
She smiled widely.
“HE taught me a few new methods for steel, Momma.”
She blinked.
“when the hell did HE learn to hit iron?”
Tyler took another copy of the forging methods he’d given Lily and Tempesta used his power to pass it to Willow. She looked it over and shook her head.
“Lad, these methods are better versions of our own techniques for advanced forging. I trust she has her own copy?”
“She does, plus a few of my designs.”
Lily smiled widely now.
“Some are just plain mean, Momma.”
Tyler passed another set of copies and Willow just chuckled.
“I see, I see! Most are easy enough as to be mere practice for her, while others are a true challenge. Be these the only ones you have?”
Tyler crossed his arms as he dug into his archive. Then he grinned.
“Oh I got a nasty one.”
Lily walked over as he pulled out anew piece of paper and drew a elbow length gauntlet with a crescent blade on a small rod on the end.
“now, you wear this like a gauntlet and slash and punch with it.”
Lily looked at it and chuckled.
“I nasty weapon, and mere practice for me.”
HE showed Willow and she nodded.
“Agreed, most simple to make, yet just even to be a challenge.”
Tyler blinked as he remembered another weapon.
“oh, I remember another goodie.”
He drew a sword with a gentle curve in the spine that curved back up slightly sharper near the tip, before dropping along the blade into a moderate belly before rejoining the hilt. Result? A thicker end with a most elegant feel. Lily saw it and smiled widely,
“That will look simply beautiful.”
He showed Willow and she smiled.
“I agree. I would like a copy meself.”
“Sure.”
He made another and Tempesta sent it through.
“This is oddly fun, seeing what new weapons he has to offer this world.”
Tyler smiled now.
“Ooooh, a classic!”
He drew a large knife with a thick blade and narrow tip with a simple handle. Lily saw it and tilted her head.
“That’s really simple.”
“Exactly. So simple, you can use it to practice with different metals easily.”
She just shook her head and showed her mother.
“He’s right, Momma, plus since it’s a good knife design we can sell it to the adventurers.”
Tyler rubbed his chin now.
“I wonder.”
Tyler took the paper and drew a greatsword. The weapon was 8 feet long, with two hilts and with a pair of small prongs halfway down the length of the blade. He passed it to Lily and she smiled.
“Oh now that’s a challenge.”
Willow took one look and smiled as well.
“I want that one too.”
She got her copy as Tyler drew a few arrowheads now. One had four blades in a diamond pattern, one with razor barbs hanging off the end for when it hit the target it would hook into it and any attempt to remove the shaft with do far more damage then the initial hit, and one with a needle point and small barbs around the inch long head to grip the inside of the target and cause excoriating pain. Lily looked at the designs and tilted her head.
“Hmm, scary, and plenty of a challenge.”
Willow loved them.
“Oh, I love those. Okay, Tyler, I think we need to make a deal here.”
“I’m listening.”
“You have some truly terrifying designs here, and some I can’t WAIT to put to metal, so, in the future, if you have anymore such ideas I will buy them off you so long as me daughter gets a copy for her own work.”
Ishtar jumped in now.
“As will I. As a matter of fact I’ll offer you 150 gold for the set you’ve already made thus far.”
“Um, sure, I guess. To be honest I made these for Lily to use, but sure.”
Lily smiled as her mother jotted down a document. Tempesta played middle man again and Tyler smiled.
“Sorry you keep playing teleporter Tempesta.”
The dragon laughed.
“I am seeing weapons I have never before heard of, so it is fun for me to see them. Although that duel set. Hook swords? I wish a set for my trove once they are completed.”
Tyler looked at the elven smiths.
“I think we can do that Ladies.”
Willow smiled.
“It would be an honor Lord Blue to forge weapons just for your trove.”
Tyler had a flash of inspiration.
“Tempesta, question.”
“Oh shit, what now?”
“How do you feel on the Sapphire weapons?”
“I collect them, and hold them like opals. Why?”
“Willow, Can YOU work sapphire?”
She snorted.
“Of course I can.”
“Well, here then.”
Tyler had Tempesta transport 150 three foot sapphires to the queen and she smiled as she understood.
“A unique set of weapons in his favorited stone in his preferred style as repayment? Wise lad.”
Tempesta laughed.
“Those things will look beautiful next to my collection of blues.”
Tyler looked at Lily as he considered his next design.
“Hmm, oh I know! Another classic.”
Tyler drew a set of rings a finger width with various other designs from simple rings that covered the knuckles, to ones with blades on the knuckle, to a gauntlet with a two foot blade over the wrist. Lily looked at them and went wide eyed.
“I can make these in bulk, and some are so intricate that I’d get practice on the more advanced level of metal shaping!”
Ishtar and Willow were amazed.
“The women of the realm will LOVE these as they’re so easy and straight forward to use! Plus easily concealed too.”
“Indeed, Ishtar, I want these passed out to those that work in my taverns as soon as I can.”
Tyler chuckled.
“That’s what they were originally meant for. Easy to conceal I mean. These were then adopted by our world’s flower girls in the past as a means of protection. A child of Lily’s size wielding the simplest one can break a man’s femur with a single strike. Plus, the overall concept is so simple it has room for many, many different variations.”
Willow was looking at her own copy.
“I see what you mean, as just looking at them I see several different styles right now.”
Tyler smiled as he thought of another weapon. He drew a short haft with a balanced axe head. It was longer then a hatchet but smaller then a wood axe. Lily looked at it and looked at him.
“What is it?”
“It’s called a tomahawk. It can be swung like an axe on horseback, or thrown like a throwing axe.”
Lily smiled now.
“I see. A scary multi weapon.”
Ishtar looked at it and smiled.
“I love the design, as it can give my cavalry a useful axe.”
Willow saw it differently.
“My Rangers will love the multiple uses for the weapon, from fighting to chopping wood.”
Wulf came over now at the word ‘Ranger” to inspect the design and the others.
“I see as Well, Milady Willow. This axe I’d like to have myself. Same with this knife, as I see a skinning knife, flay knife, and a carving knife all rolled into one.”
Tyler chuckled.”
“That’s cause it is, Wulf. That’s called a Bowie knife. The better made ones last for years of hardcore frontier life. In our world, during an age of exploration and expansion into unchartered wilds, that knife was the difference between life and death. One well made knife can last for generations.”
Lily looked at it with new eyes.
“I see it now. Since it’s so thick, you can just keep honing it without compromising the strength of the steel. Scary how it’s so simple yet is so complex at the same time.”
Tyler smiled at her.
“That’s the beauty of it, Lily. Sometimes the best and most long lasting solutions are the most simple as well. Like, for example, your sword and shield combo, on paper it looks very simple: Keep the shield between you and the blow, and hit with your own. Yet, try it and you find a myriad of nuances you were never aware of.”
Lily nodded.
“Easy to learn, difficult to master. I understand.”
HE patted her as willow blinked in surprise.
“Did he just teach her a life lesson on the fly like that? And in a manner where SHE had to figure it out BEFORE he told her?”
Lily smiled at her mother.
“It’s how he teaches momma. He’ll never outright tell us the lesson, but just prod us in the general direction until we either figure it out on our own, or get lost and bring us back into the right direction.”
Willow looked at Tyler.
“How be she doin?”
HE smiled,
“Very well, Willow. She’s still learning the way to stand alone, but she’s getting there.”
Her eyes narrowed.
“When you say alone?”
“Without ME present. I sent her, Sera, and Lillia with Wulf, Kaori and Ashy to kill a hobgoblin camp. Wulf the two girls were there to guide them to the camp, but THEY had to kill it themselves. From how Wulf described the battle, the three had a solid plan until one dead hob fell the wrong way and broke their formation up. So, they had to be rescued.”
Willow rubbed her chin.
“I see. They had no backup plan, and got a well-laid plan waylaid by luck. Hobs huh?”
“Lily can kill a 25 foot tall hill giant alone with that gear she has. So, now my training is focusing on being outnumbered and outmatched. They took out a bandit camp with minimal aid as you can’t trust bandits, and laid waste to an orc camp of 75 creatures with a twenty foot hill alone without aid.”
Willow smiled proudly.
“Gradual increases in difficulty.”
“Once they get comfortable with the current bar, I raise it over their heads until they reach it again.”
She nodded sagely.
“A most intense, rewarding method. A question though.”
“Sure.”
“Actually make it two. Are YOU capable of these feats you set them yourself?”
“Indeed. I am also testing my own abilities. I will never ask them to do something I myself am unable to do. I let them face the creatures they do as I have fought them already.”
“I feel better hearing this. Now, the second question is how do you reward them on a success?”
“They get their pick of the loot, first. If it was a job from the guild they turn it in themselves, as Lily bullied the guild into accepting her as a member. If we face a tomb guardian, and I send them in and they kill it as requested, they get the loot it guards.”
“I hope your right there in the tomb tests.”
“Indeed. These I lean on a wall in full view in case we encounter something they are just not ready for. Should that come to pass, they are to take up secondary positions as I get Gliepnir in on it.”
“Yet they still would fight it?”
“WITH me. That’s how it goes. I help them get a leg to stand on, then see if they CAN stand on it. If they do, great, next lesson. If not, back to practicing.”
Willow nodded approvingly.
“The tomb guardians aside, as they just seem unnecessarily risky to have mere students fight blind, but that’s just my own feelings, your way of teaching them I like.”
“I have only JUST let them start fighting the tomb guardians blind, but, I myself and Vixen here, our undead expert have eyes on supervision just in case. Vixen can identify most undead at a glance, the rest the second. We rely on her for these fights.”
Willow breathed a sigh of relief.
“I see. That makes me feel much better now. So, success gets them the pick of the loot and the credit, as a failure gets more practice. A fair system.”
Tyler smiled.
“They’re doing just fine as well.”
She smiled proudly.
“Of course they are.”
Tempesta rumbled approvingly.
“We are in desperate need of more teachers like you.”
Tyler shrugged.
“I LIKE this job, so maybe not. Oh, Willow, Lily found a blank for a design you might find interesting.”
Lily pulled the curved sickle sword out and Willow blinked.
“What the hell is that thing?”
Lily smiled as Tempesta blinked.
“I have not seen such a weapon in several centuries. That is a anti shield sword. The specific name escapes me, but these swords were forged to counter shields as a whole.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Not exactly, Tempesta. This type of sword is made to counter HIDE shields as the inside of the curve is sharp. The hook bit is supposed to catch the hide as well and yank it away, yet, if it encounters a metal shield wielded by one that knows how to counter it the right way, then it’s just another irritating hassle.”
Tempesta’s eyes narrowed.
“I see your points. And when spoken aloud, it is weirdly obvious. It seems even I have more to learn about the world.”
“We all do. So, the raiser.”
Willow spoke up.
“My guard is mobilizing for a search as we speak. If we find any unopened entrances we shall send for you, Lord Blue.”
“Appreciated Elf Queen.”
Ishtar wrote down the instructions on a piece of paper and fixed his seal on it.
“I’ll get my knights up to date on this mess. Well, the holes bit.”
Tyler looked at the map.
“I need to figure out a way to at least narrow the search field at least a LITTLE bit.”
Tempesta had a thought.
“If we strictly look for entrances big enough for a dragon to enter and exit with ease, we have a range at least.”
Tyler crossed his arms.
“I see your reasoning Tempesta, but we’re looking in the mountains now. That would work for flat land, but in the hills and dales of the elven queendom? Hmm, Lemme look a sec.”
Tyler leaned in and zoomed in to look at the Elven Queendom closely. Lyrica smiled.
“Now I’m glad I gave him that one.”
“Love you too Lyrica.”
She smiled as Tyler tapped one spot.
“I got one. It’s maybe sixty meters in diameter, and has a dip of five centimeters that is just out of place.”
Tempesta’s eyes glowed.
“I see the spot. I shall need your aid in drawing out the beast.”
“Sooo, how we get me there?”
Tempesta bared his fangs in a grin.
“I think we can make it work.”
Tyler blinked.
“Oh FUCK yeah!”
The others watched as Tyler glowed a little, before vanishing. Then a crystal was seen with a projection of him as he was now standing atop the indicated spot. Kaori just shook her head.
“Of course the dragons can force a teleport.”

Tyler was looking at the ground and shook his head.
“Dragons and their toys.”
Tyler watched as Tempesta knocked the ground in, revealing a new entrance entirely Tyler walked down whistling insolently as he did. He smiled once in position,
“HEY! WORMSCALE!”
The dragon came racing out in a fury as Tyler just laughed.
“Bring it BITCH!”
The dragon lunged at Tyler, only for Tempesta to slam into it from the side and pin the 175 foot long dragon to the ground. Tyler walked over and looked into his eye.
“Wow, you suck. Oh, and by the way? Gotchya.”
The dragon died as Tempesta twisted his head and snapped it’s neck. Tyler patiently waited until he finished his victory bellow before speaking.
“This one was the one that helped him escape the LAST time the dragons went after him.”
Tempesta blinked.
“Are you serious?”
“Completely. Sadly, he got his reward and has had no other contact with him. That said, I’m betting another lab of his down there.”
Tempesta blinked and Tyler got his eyes.
“Go.”
Tyler pulled a few potions from his pouch and chugged them all.
“I needed the hardcore workout anyway.”
He then dropped into the tunnel and walked along it whistling happily as he went. He found the trove and whistled in awe.
“Damn. That thing is at LEAST 15 feet tall.”
The dragon laughed.
“Your friends will join you in a few moments.”
“Teleport or dragon wing?”
“Teleport. Once we’re done here, you’ll be teleported back. So long as you NEVER tell we have this ability.”
“Sure, Tempesta. Neat trick though.”
Tyler used prospect on the wall with a hand running over the wall, until.
“Bingo. Keep em out, Tempesta. This is gonna be bad.”
“I will.”
Tyler just kicked the rock hard and it shattered as he jumped back to avoid a sucker punch. A rattling skeleton came out with a sword and Tyler sighed.
“FUCK. A grand Lich King. This is gonna SUCK.”
Tyler pulled his blue double bladed staff sword out and drank another round of booster potions as two more such creatures walked out. Tempesta saw them and groaned in despair.
“The Roar, Tyler. It’s your only hope.”
Tyler smiled.
“Sacred Fire. Holy Pure, Hallowed Ground, Holy smite, Holy Fire.”
The three creatures rattled as they slammed into his barrier spell, screaming as it burned them as Tyler drank more mana potions.
“Ice wall.”
The things were then sandwiched in between walls of ice, and were unable to move until they formed a single file line. Tempesta just watched as Tyler played the fight in a multi step process as his friends watched outside the barrier as the teleport had dropped them just outside it. Tyler drank more mana potions as The clicking things shattered his ice and were forcing their way through his barrier.
“Holy Purge. Tranquil Waters.”
The water spell slowed the movements of the enemies caught within it. Holy purge inflicted extreme pain upon the things as Tyler drank more mana potions.
“Divine retribution. Holy Wrath. Water Wall.”
His anti magic spell took effect as two more creatures walked out with staves. At the appearance of the things, his friends dropped in despair.
“Not even a god can fight FIVE Lich kings alone.”
Kaori and Kazuma still stood however.
“Tyler’s got a plan.”
“The way he’s playing this? Oh hell yeah.”

Tyler had the creatures pinned between his walls of ice and water as the Lich King mages cast extremely powerful spells at him that were merely absorbed by his retribution spell. Tyler smiled as he used another spell.
“Frigid breath. Ice dragon!”
The spells froze the Liches’ bones solid, and weakened them. They threw it off, but Tyler used another trick.
“Ocean dragon roar!”
He breathed his flames and it super heated the frozen bones of the Liches, and two shattered entirely, killing them outright. Their mental attacks came at him now, but Tyler had the torture chamber ready and waiting for them. They were shoved inside and it locked as he used another spell.
“Waterfall! Frigid breath!”
The water encased liches were frozen solid with this combo attack.
“Ocean dragon roar!”
Tyler’s flames made two more shatter, and only one remained. His divine retribution spell was ready and he let the last lich stagger forward as Tyler circled till it was backed against the wall.
“Divine retribution!”
The most powerful holy offensive spell in the path killed the thing out right and left a new ten foot hole in the wall as the barrier came down from the last killed Lich king. Tyler had the nearly full torture chamber ready and waiting as the last of the attacks were stuffed inside and he slammed it shut and hit the blend function. He waited until the last drop of black mist was gone before opening his eyes to see his friends looking at him. He smiled weakly.
“Yeah. I can’t kill another one today. Maybe.”
He pulled restore after restore and drank them until he felt better, and looked around.
“Okay, we got work to do.”
Kaori and Kazuma walked over smiling.
“All according to plan?”
“Pretty much. This sapphire staffsword boosted my path, and the booster potions I drank added a further boost as well. So, I just kept adding more spells that would wear the things down. It was a slog, but it works.”
Tempesta was heard then.
“You just killed five Lich Kings. At once. Using nothing but spells and your own ingenuity. We dragons are no match for you.”
“Thanks Tempesta. Did you here how I was nearly done in by a falling Golem?”
The dragon burst out laughing.
“Of course you were.”
Tyler pulled on gloves as he, Vixen and Lyrica walked in to explore the lab. Soon as Tyler got a look, he banged a fist in frustration.
“Dammit! He bolted!”
The dragon roared in rage.
“He was HERE?”
Tyler looked around at the hastily destroyed papers, destroyed materials, and crudely damaged equipment.
“Here? Tempesta, that motherfucking coward was sitting on that stool as my foot kicked in his door! He sent those Liches to DISTRACT ME!”
The dragon was enraged,
“Bring me this stool.”
Tyler did as requested and Tempesta sniffed the still warm thing.
“I have your scent you bastard. There is not a hole under that sky you can hide in I can’t find you now.”
Tyler smiled darkly now.
“If I bring you the papers and other things, can you repair them?”
“Easily.”
Tyler was back inside the cave as Vixen was gathering the ruined articles and notebooks. Once the last scrap was gathered, they were placed before Tempesta and they were restored. Tyler sat down and started reading. One hour later he burst out laughing.
“I have you now you cocksucker. That fallen black dragon had no idea he was in his wall period. Plus, my gimmick that alerted death ruined his progress thus far. Basically he had to start over from scratch. Best part? I have a name.”
Tempesta glared at him.
“What is it?”
“Voldermort.”
Ashy, Kaori, and Kazuma looked at him and burst out laughing hard as Tempesta was surprised.
“Why is this funny?”
Tyler explained.
“This idiot is a fanboy of a book series in our world. He WANTS to be the main bad guy from the series. So, this plus the other notebooks? Yeah, I got him figured out. He just wants to revive his father as a means to show off his power as his father abused him as a child. That’s what his quest boils down to. Daddy issues. Plus, and you’ll LOVE this Tempesta, he HATES dragons as he is just that kind of jealous. Like, he wants to BE a dragon. Like BAAAAD. He hates me as well, as I can breath fire like a dragon and have even flown on dragonback. He hates me, but is also a MAJOR fanboy of mine to the point he refuses to openly face me since 1: he doesn’t want to hurt the one he admires as he thinks he can kill me, 2: he doesn’t want to kill me, 3: he wants to be my friend. I have a stalker. But a long distance stalker as he has been following my story most closely. So, I got a means to BAIT the fucker now.”
Tempesta growled now.
“What is your plan?”
“I’ll give an interview at the guild, and play up the arch nemesis angle. Make it seem like I’m looking for the one that’s been giving me the best run for my money, and I won’t be lying either as these Lich Kings are fun fights I actually need to THINK in. So, since he’s just that kinda fanboy, he won’t be able to resist the chance to meet me.”
The dragon laughed.
“Such an easy trap!”
“Indeed. But right now it will have to wait until after the wave. I’m sorry, Tempesta But I can’t fight this kind of hardcore battle again until the wave passes.”
The dragon sighed sadly.
“I agree. You just fought a battle the likes of which I myself would flee from, and you WON without a scratch. You need to rest desperately. But, first, the trove.”
“Coin in half, everything else divvy as we go?”
“A fair deal.”
Tyler was smiling as he went to head into the Cave, when a thought hit him.
“Waiiiit, hol up.”
He took the notebooks again and was flipping through with a furrowed brow. Tempesta peered at him.
“What did you miss?”
Tyler sighed and rubbed his eyes.
“It seems that bastard you roasted WAS the real deal. This idiot is his apprentice..”
The shock felt was extreme. The dragon’s eyes glowed and he gasped.
“I see it too! These books were NOT written by the same person, but in imitation of it!”
Tyler just sat down now.
“Okay, let’s recap. That first lab WAS the first bastards. It was used recently to raise that Lich King. There were three notebooks inside detailing his experiments and his dealings with a ‘pawn’. He thought at the time it was the pope because it fit so fuckin well. Now, I think we made the right conclusion based off the WRONG assumption. Follow?”
The dragon did.
“We had a clear enemy, and didn’t stop to consider an apprentice or really ANYTHING like it.”
“Indeed. Now, that dragon helped him escape, but he helped the WRONG IDIOT. The two tried a bait and switch and the wrong guy escaped. How I’m not sure, but from this it seems this apprentice is questioning how his master got caught in such a trap. As he was smarter then you, in his own words, ‘flying lizards’. It seems the raiser brought his wife back or something, and the Black was this bastards BROTHER, not FATHER as we thought. The First Raiser was a Warrior, and so were the two. The first raiser dies, his resurrection dies, so, the brothers spilt. One went to continue his work to conquer Death, the other to get revenge on you dragons. While you dealt with the open threat, this guy was scheming in the sewers. The pope had dealings with the apprentice as a means to distract you all. The rigged summons were the pope’s idea NOT this guy’s. From what I got, his plans were proceeding rather nicely, until I started flipping rocks.”
Tempesta rubbed his chin.
“I see now. There were three enemies. Now there is ONE. Did you find anything to say where he went?”
“No. Says here he keeps his maps ON him for just such an issue. He hadn’t believed he would be found again so soon. Hell, he probably shit himself when my foot kicked in his door. He is going to go full turtle now. That said, once the wave ends, I’ll play up the whole arch enemy front. He craves this kind of validation. So, I can exploit it.”
The dragon sighed.
“We HAD him.”
“We do have him. He’s going to run for a while now. That said, well, the rat is running out of holes. FAST. And he now knows I am hunting him. This is both his worst nightmare and his greatest dream. He will make stupid calls as his cage got a nasty rattle. He knows I can find him in even his deepest hole, and that will weigh on his mind. Longer I leave him, the heavier it becomes as it will seem all the easier to him that I find him again.”
“Very well. This shall have to wait until the wave ends and you recover. Now. The trove?”
“Sure.”
Tyler and his party dropped into the cave and headed to the trove room. Tyler pulled a grand vitality potion and chugged it. He shook his head as Kaori came up and hugged.
“You need to sleep tonight.”
HE kissed her.
“Like I said, Kaori. If I can’t muster the energy to make YOU scream, I’d have to be dead. I’m okay, really.”
She just hugged him tighter.
“Okay.”
The others just sighed sadly. Kazuma looked at Wulf.
“Sad to see he’s still like that.”
“Never resting?”
“Not admitting he’s hurting. LOOK at him.”
Wulf did, and blinked.
“He’s shaking.”
“He’s on the verge of falling over outright. But, so long as Kaori is right there next to him, he will not allow himself to fall where she can see him.”
Wulf sighed.
“That willpower is terrifying.”
The party walked into the trove room and got to it. This time there were only three pieces of furniture; a large display case for a sword, a vanity cabinet, and another bed. Tyler searched the vanity’s drawers and came up empty. He added them to the collection before the party collected the weapons and armor before laying them out to be divvyed up. Tyler leaned on the wall as he looked at the gear. Tempesta was looking through his eyes as well for this one.
“Hey, Tyler, I got a white axe here.”
HE looked over and saw Kazuma pulling a white battle axe out. Tyler took it and smiled as he saw the groove.
“This one is more thistle’s size.”
The blood elf smiled as he gave it to her.
“Aye lad, most welcome.”
Tyler pulled another vitality potion out and drank it, followed by two more. HE sighed.
“Damn. I’m more outta shape an I thought.”
Kaori sighed.
“Please, Tyler, we can handle this. Go take a nap or something.”
HE sighed.
“If I sleep now, Kaori, I won’t wake up for another 6 hours.”
She walked over and hugged him.
“We have this. Rest against the wall.”
HE placed a hand on the ground.
“Protective warning, tranquil waters, Hallowed Ground, Holy purge.”
Once the spells were in place he sat down and sighed.
“I’ve become weaker, if I have to sleep on the job like this.”
“Look at Kaori, a moment, Tyler.”
He did, and her green eyes were replaced with Tempesta’s blue.
“I shall aid in watching over them until you wake.”
“Thanks big blue.”
Tyler closed his eyes and was out like a damned light.

Kaori sighed as she saw him blackout.
“He’s fought 7 Lich Kings today without rest.”
The blonde beauty looked at the weaponry laid out as Wulf sighed as well.
“He shouldn’t have been able to even STAND after ONE. Yet he’s killed seven AND thrown off their mental attacks.”
Kaori looked over and saw Tyler was borderline dead, so exhausted as he was.
“Well, Wulf, that’s how he is. HE always goes overboard.”
“Hey, Kaori, look.”
The blonde looked over at Sera’s voice and saw the black haired girl was holding a red set of greaves.
“Whatchya find, Sera?”
She smiled.
“I think ruby gauntlets.”
Tempesta peered at them through Kaori’s green eyes.
“Indeed they are, child. When worn by a pure red, they mold to better fit them. You may have them.”
“Thanks lord Blue.”
“You use my name Kaori. As Tyler loves you to that extreme, it is only fair.”
She smiled on reflex as she always did when reminded of this. She placed the gauntlets on her hands, and they molded themselves into fingerless gloves with a long ridge on the back of her arm. Kaori smiled as she found moving them felt like she wasn’t wearing them period. The blonde beauty looked back at the gear laid out as Tempesta spoke.
“Third from the right. That dagger.”
She looked at the indicated piece,
“IS that gold?”
She picked it up and smiled.
“Ah. Brass.”
The dragon laughed.
“It can even fool a dragon at first glance. Scary.”
“We got a brass bow for baiting bandits Tempesta.”
“Of course you do.”
Kazuma smiled next.
“I found a set of blue gauntlets. I think we should give them to Tyler as he needs to boost his path.”
She looked at them as Tempesta sighed.
“Indeed he does. They are his.”
Kaori placed them in a separate section for the sleeping boy. She looked over and saw Sallie and Sylvia sound a sleep against him as well. She smiled, then Vixen was heard.
“I have another piece made from Glacious’ scales lord Blue.”
Kaori looked over to let Tempesta see. The busty black mage was holding a breast plate made from the crystal dragon’s scales, and Tempesta chuckled.
“I shall claim it.”
“Of course Lord Blue.”
She set it in another pile as Lyrica chuckled now.
“I’ve got a pair of ruby boots. I’ll take em, since I need to boost my path as well.”
“Agreed.”
The succubus swapped her current boots with the ruby, and the pair glowed like her feet were aflame as they formed a pair of heeled shoes. She sighed.
“Better.”
The gear was divvyed up between party members and dragon, and the ore was next. The pile was dropped by five feet this time and now stood 10 feet tall. The blonde crossed her arms as she looked at the pile as Lily named each metal.
“We have Pure Rune here Lord Blue.”
“I see it, I shall claim that one.”
They set the rock aside. Kaori looked over and saw Tyler blinked back awake with a large yawn.

Tyler opened his eyes and felt immensely refreshed. Wait, how long was I out? He looked over to see the party divvying up the ore now as Kaori came over to check on him.
“How are feeling?”
Tyler cracked his back.
“Like a new man. Weird. How long was I out for?”
She tilted her head.
“Maybe two hours? Tops?”
Tyler looked around and saw Sallie and Sylvia cuddled up beside him. He chuckled.
“There it is. Got a recharge of cute power.”
His brown eyes were sparkling with life and vitality again and as he got up he didn’t have a sign of exhaustion at all. The spirits smiled as he stirred.
“Better?”
He hugged them both.
“Much. Thanks you two.”
They giggled as he set them on his shoulders as they winked out. Tempesta swapped eyes again and Tyler looked at the piles.
“Okay, we’re on ore now.”
The party looked up as he came over, and Lryica laughed.
“I can tell he’s well rested. Scary recovery rate.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I’ve always been able to get my breath back with minimal rest.”
Kaori handed him his share. He smiled.
“Blue gauntlets, boots, another white Scimitar, and are those shin guards too? Damn guys, good calls.”
Tyler put the gauntlets on. The things glowed before morphing into then, fingerless gloves with studs over his knuckles, the gauntlets morphed around his greaves, and he still felt like he was not wearing armor period. He smiled as he saw a thin wedge along the forearm that he knew could be used for a nasty shot. Next was his new boots. The things glowed blue to form mere replicas of his timberland work boots, with a nasty set of spikes on the toe and sharp treads. The shin guards wrapped around his shins perfectly and were as thin as could get. He placed the white scimitar in his pouch and looked at the ore.
“Where are we thus far?”
Lily pointed to the rune.
“Tempesta’s claimed that one and that’s it.”
“Hmmm, I see another crystalline ingot there.”
The blue dragon saw the five foot black.
“I understand Furiosa gave you one, did she not?”
“She did.”
“What is your plan for it?”
“right now, sit on it. We need an elven smith to work the material and Lily’s just not to that level yet.”
“I see. Do you have a plan for the material for when you get your smith?”
Tyler crossed his arms now.
“I was leaning towards another set of bows for us, as mine has not let me down the once.”
Wulf nodded.
“A wise choice, as the Crystalline Bows are the strongest in the world, with the easiest draws. That said, the bow must CHOOSE to be wielded by the holder. If not, not even your strength can force it. If you do it’ll snap rather then allow you to draw it period.”
Tyler frowned.
“I see. Hmm,”
Tempesta had a thought.
“Have the material worked. If you cannot wield it, we can work a trade out as I have a fondness for the material.”
“That might be the best we can do with it. I wonder if Burlock can work it?”
Wulf smiled.
“Sadly not. A good work around, but it has to be an elven smith of pure heritage for the most powerful pieces.”
“Worth a shot.”
Tyler placed the ingot aside as Lily picked up a piece of adamant.
“You may have the adamant as I got the rune.”
“Thanks Tempesta.”
The ore was divvyed up and they moved onto the gems. The sapphires and opals were set aside as the rest were laid out. The pile was now 7 feet tall of just coin. Tyler looked at the mass of gems and rubbed his chin.
“Hmmm, hey, what’s that one?”
He picked up a deep red stone. It looked like someone had taken blood and made a gem from it. Tyler looked over at Lyrica and blinked.
“Hey, Lyrica, look here.”
The succubus did and gasped as she saw the stone.
“That’s a Blood Stone!”
“A Blood Stone?”
The horned devilgirl came right over for a better look.
“A Blood Stone is the physical embodiment of the red path. See how it looks like my hair?”
“I love the color by the way.”
“I love you. Well, to a red path Succubus like myself, if one were to present me with such a Stone, I would become their sex slave without sex. As the Blood Stone are revered by my path in the people.”
“Tempesta?”
“I have five. Yours.”
Tyler placed the 3 foot stone in Lyrica’s stunned hands.
“Looks like you got a new stone, Lyrica.”
She kissed him with love as she hugged him too.
“Thank you. This is the first time someone has given me a Bloodstone.”
He hugged her tightly.
“Like I’d let OUR succubus get stolen by a mere pissant with a rock. You our girl.”
She shivered.
“I can’t leave you now. The sex AND the Stone? To break such a thing in our culture would basically get me killed.”
He kissed her again.
“Love you too.”
She let him go smiling as she placed her wedding stone in her own pouch.
“I look forward to OUR eternity.”
“With PLENTY of beds.”
She licked her lips and stole a kiss off a surprised Vixen.
“With the best bedmates.”
Tyler chuckled as he looked at the mass of glittering rocks.
“Oh, hello.”
He picked up a fist sized star sapphire he’d missed. The stone was a deep blue with a pure white star with five large points, and at least fifteen smaller ones around the perfect star. Tyler smiled as he looked at it.
“I like this one. Tempesta?”
The dragon laughed.
“It’s you in a gem. Yours. I want that large cobalt by the elf girl.”
Tyler placed the star sapphire in his pouch and the cobalt in the pile. The gems were divvyed up between dragon, party and mansion funds, then all that was left was the coin. Tyler looked at the mound.
“What we got big blue?”
The dragon rumbled.
“I’m counting 547,934 gold coins, 1,234,862 silver, 2,434, 868 copper.”
“Jesus.”
“I have close to four billion coins in MY trove.”
“Can’t beat the dragons in treasure. Right down the middle again?”
“Indeed. Least this time we don’t have to flip a coin.”
“That was freakin hilarious.”
The dragon laughed.
“It was! Okay, my share is 273,967 gold, 617,431 silver, 1,217,434 coppers. Can you move that much?”
“We’d need another opal coin crystal.”
“I see. Bring one to me.”
Tyler pulled one from their own collection and brought it to Tempesta. Once the thing was ready the pile was split right down the middle. Tyler just laughed at their new total. The party now had 481,080 gold, 908,224 silver and 1,179, 163 copper coins.
“Okay, no one tell anyone we can buy Term out from under the King.”
The party laughed as the once over was done and the ore collected. Once Tempesta got his share, he teleported the party back to a waiting Ishtar in his office with Erica and Willow still on her crystal. The king addressed the boy soon as he walked up to the desk.
“Well?”
Tyler passed his HUD over.
“They were waiting for me.”
The three rulers saw the new Lich’s bane titles and gaped. Erica recovered first.
“You killed FIVE Lich Kings at ONCE? And are still LIVING?”
Tyler chuckled.
“You may outnumber me and outgun me. But you will NEVER outthink me.”
Tempesta chuckled as a crystal was seen to materialize on Ishtar’s desk.
“I recorded it for you.”
The three rulers watched with awed expressions as Tyler used his spells and his own ingenuity to grind the creatures down to death. Once the battle ended, Ishtar just laughed.
“You are a god among us Mortals.”
“That bastard escaped though.”
They looked at him.
“He was there?”
“This’ll take a minute.”
They listened as he explained his findings and his plan. Willow smiled once he finished.
“Ahhh, ya have good bait! I’ll still have me guard do the searchin as ya say.”
“Kick enough rat holes, and the one yer after will panic.”
“And run straight into the trap.”
“Exactly. This will have to wait until after the wave, as I have to give my full attention to it right now.”
They nodded.
“Agreed.”
Tyler smiled now.
“After though, well, I gots me a fan to ruin!”
They laughed. Then Willow looked at Tyler with an intense eye.
“I saw the article, lad.”
“It’s out already? I’ll need to grab a crystal then. I trust you are also aware of the Divine Decree?”
She nodded.
“I am.”
“Well, Willow, I’d rather have YOU angry at me then the gods.”
She sighed.
“Indeed, lad. I don’t blame you in the slightest, as the way you had set them up to die was a most satisfying one. So, the gods themselves are aiding in their suffering. Good. I’ll hold the blood oath and your own fulfilled. Long as you piss on em too.”
“Did ya read the bit about the wall?”
She burst out laughing.
“Lad I loved that one. I have ONE other stipulation.”
“Lily gives him the boot?”
She nodded smiling.
“Indeed. Me girl deserves her due.”
“Oh hells yeah.”
Lily flexed her leg.
“I get to do a spot o kickin. Nice.”
Tyler patted her fondly.
“See? Fiercest on the damned team.”
They laughed as Tempesta rumbled.
“I have my tasks. Plus my new deposit to make in my trove.”
“Oh that reminds me.”
“Oh shit here we go.”
“My designs. Think we can make a deal, Tempesta, Willow?”
They looked at him as Ishtar perked up.
“I’m in as well. What do you propose?”
“Well, say you find a holy weapon or other holy gear in your trove, Tempesta, I’ll see if I have a design for a weapon you like. If I do, and Willow likes it as well, I’ll sell it to her so she may forge it. Then, we make a trade. The holy item for the design. Are you with me so far?”
The two nodded.
“Aye lad, in the forging, I get the marks for adding to the Sky lord’s trove and practice as well. Plus new designs for me army.”
“Lily gets a copy off the bat as I make them for HER first.”
Ishtar smiled.
“And you just sell them to Vernillion outright.”
“Yup. With the added stipulation that any high level undead you hear of get filtered to my party per my deal with Death.”
Ishtar nodded.
“Vernillion accepts this contract.”
Willow nodded as well.
“As do the elves.”
Tempesta had a thought.
“In the event the design does NOT interest me?”
“We got opals.”
“Fair enough. I too accept.”
Tempesta made a scroll that both Willow and Ishtar signed and sealed. Erica also signed with Wulf and Tatiana as witnesses. Tyler laughed as he took the document.
“I have just achieved the American dream: being an internationally recognized arms dealer.”
the Warriors snorted as Tempesta laughed.
“I am aware of the country you mean in your world. Scary.”
The other three just shook their heads as Tyler gave the scroll to Malico for safe keeping.
“Warriors.”
Ishtar then looked at Tyler.
“So, the second trove. How much this time?”
“We walked out with an additional 250,000+ gold, 600,000+ silver, and over a million copper.”
Ishtar just blinked at the extreme numbers.
“Are you seeking to do a conversion?”
“We kinda have to.”
“I’ll have extra Knights at the bank then. And make sure those bankers do NOT say a single word about what you carry when you leave.”
“we appreciate it, Ishtar. Our gear alone has marked us to those idiots out there. Now, we need to visit the guild first and get the coin from our bills before we hit the exchange and mason yard.”
The king was nodding.
“I see. Who will go do the selling?”
“I myself, Wulf and Kazuma. That’s it.”
That got a chuckle.
“To discourage the uninformed and to NOT paint too tempting a target. Where will the girls stay?”
“I’d prefer the palace as it’s the only place right now those Warriors can’t reach.”
Erica smiled now.
“I have a wing set aside for your party. No others will set foot on the floor besides my own handmaidens.”
“They your bedmaidens too?”
She smiled as the others laughed.
“A few. I’m sure you’ll know the ones.”
“Well damn. Now I’m curious. Okay, I’ll bring the crew up to their royal chambers and get paid.”
The ones gathered nodded and the crystals winked out. Ishtar sighed deeply.
“Out of the pan and into the fire.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Keeps it interesting though, right?”
Erica smiled.
“It does. Now, allow me to so you to the rooms.”
Ishtar pulled some papers out.
“I’ll get to work on the decrees and the bank.”
Tyler nodded as the queen led the way to an upper floor. Sera happily bouncing with an also happy Sasha the husky right beside her. The floor Erica laid them to one that had a long hall of stained glass windows that over looked the city towards the sector the Warriors would be staying in. Tyler sighed as he saw it.
“That sector is going to burn Erica.”
The queen laughed.
“If it does, the civilians living there have already been moved to other parts as we bought their homes. That sector is empty of all but those that live in the underbelly of the city.”
Tyler smiled then.
“I see now. The Warriors won’t have anyone to bully but thems that ARE bullies. Nice move. Any that die are those that would anyway if caught.”
The black haired queen smiled.
“Exactly. So, victimless crime.”
The rooms were on the far wall, and Tyler used all his detection skills as Lily used her prospect to check for any hidden surprises. Once Tyler was satisfied with the party’s rooms he was showed to his and Kaori’s own. Tyler smiled as he saw it.
“This basically a carbon copy of our room in Spearview.”
The bed was massive and spilt the room neatly in half with a wardrobe on one side with weapon racks, while there was a vanity on the other with a wardrobe and weapon racks. There was also a large chair for multiple people to snuggle on, a massive bear skin rug lay on the floor that Tyler chuckled at, and a window with fully balcony that over looked the city facing the Warrior sector. Kaori smiled as she saw it.
“I like this one. Raylik’s better, but close second.”
Tyler kissed her as a light tap on the door was heard. They looked to see Thorn the elven girl standing there in a cute little maid outfit smiling.
“I am Thorn. I’ll be your maid while you are in our care.”
Tyler and Kaori burst out laughing.
“Oh shit here we go again!”
“That last time we heard that, didn’t end well!”
Tyler walked over and hugged the elven girl and she chuckled.
“I didn’t blame you, you know.”
HE patted her bonneted hair.
“I know. Nice to see you doing better Thorn.”
She shrugged.
“Eh. I still have to put up with getting hit on, but least this time its more fun then work.”
“Least they know a good looking elf.”
She smiled at him now most knowingly.
“Oh, and that other elf, Lily? Yeeeeah, she’s got herself a challenger too now.”
“Ohh FUCK.”
Kaori and Thorn burst out laughing at his look of utter fear. Tyler just gulped.
“Great. I got another fierce elf after me spear.”
Thorn smiled wickedly now.
“Only I be able to TAKE it.”
“Yeaaah no.”
She blinked as kaori looked at her apologetically.
“HE didn’t like the image, Thorn. He knows HOW you came to be able to take it. And he don’t like it.”
She got it then.
“I get it. Well, we’ll see then. I got to go get throttled by Sera or she’d never forgive me.”
She walked off and Tyler just shrugged.
“Okay. Fantasy world with immortal elves. Just gonna smile and nod.”
Kaori smiled.
“I’ll rest for a while, you go get paid.”
“Of course my love.”
She shivered as he kissed her.
“I love it when you do that.”
“I love you.”
She smiled happily as he cast his warning spells for the party. Then he met up with Wulf and Kazuma for the payments and selling. First stop was the guild hall. They walked in and got hailed.
“Hail! Outcast!”
“Hail ya ladyless bastards!”
They laughed as one was heard.
“That took a while for mere practice! Not as good as ya think?”
The guild chuckled as Tyler sighed tiredly.
“More we found something ELSE entirely. Miss, allow me to make them shit themselves.”
The now curious lady from the booth came over and he passed his HUD over and she went white and started backing away in fear.
“Let. Let it be known. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT TYLER THE OUTCAST HAS SLAIN FIVE LICH KINGS AT ONCE IN A SINGLE FIGHT! Singlehandedly.”
The guild went bone white, and the breaths of fear were heard. Tyler sighed.
“Yeah. We found a few things this run. Was fun though. I actually had to think for once.”
The other members just looked at him.
“Lad, what god is your father?”
Tyler shrugged.
“Eh. He wasn’t a god. Ole Gru’s me dad.”
The guild just sighed.
“Of course he was.”
“Now he says it, I see it too.”
“Sooo, your mother be a goddess?”
“No. me wife is though.”
The men dropped their mugs as he slid the HUD over to the lady again. This time she smiled widely.
“Let it be heard, Tyler has the Lover of Minus Title. Heads up ladies, says here she loves him!”
The adventurer women in the hall all cheered and whistled as Tyler laughed.
“I guess I just got popular! Oh, and I’m gonna need a bigger bed.”
That got him leers, catcalls, and other lewd gestures as the men just raised a mug.
“Say farewell to the beauties lads.”
“Least ya got hands aplenty.”
They lost it as Tyler walked over to the lady.
“I think we may have also encountered another bountied creature out there, miss.”
She went back to her booth smiling.
“I see. Which creature sir?”
“The Forest Tyrant King.”
She looked at an interface.
“I see. Indeed. There was a guild avenger job posted for the monster. It has yet to be taken so I can give you the reward for it as well.”
“In the event we get attacked by a billed creature with the job being taken?”
She looked at the bills.
“In such an event, and you killed it as you most likely will, the guild will oversee a deal being struck between your respective parties as these things happen quite frequently actually. “
“Good to know. One news crystal too.”
“You were out in the field when it was published, so your feed with have updated with it.”
“Ah. Thanks. Now, the reward for the Forest King?”
“400 gold. Plus the skill Forest sense. It’s a skill used to better detect creatures in a forest.”
“Okay, neat trick. Total?”
She did the numbers.
“Your total today is 1,202 gold, 95 silver.”
“Thanks Miss.”
She smiled at him.
“Please, sir. My name’s Ruby.”
“Wow. I found another priceless gem.”
She blushed as he said goodbye as the other men slumped in defeat. Tyler now looked at Kazuma.
“The exchange next.”
He nodded and led the way as Wulf kept a lookout. Term’s creature exchange was three times the size of Raylik’s. Tyler smiled as he saw a clear shrine dedicated to Minus standing in the dead center of the place.
“Oh yeah. We need to find a few gigantoads, thunder toads, and that other toad.”
Wulf laughed as Kazuma looked at him curiously.
“Why would you what to find toads?”
“The slime from them makes creams that makes the ladies skin softer and brighter from the thunder toad, the Gigantoad slime makes their slits tighter, softer and cleans it too, then that last toad, the larsh? It’s slime makes a cream that makes their busts bigger for a time.”
Kazuma just looked at him. In open awe.
“Is THAT how you’ve been spoiling my sister?”
“Kaori got a jar of the skin cream, as that’s the only toad we’ve found thus far. Oh, and as for spoiling, Kazuma? You DO remember my, ahem, OTHER pastime?”
Kazuma narrowed his eyes as he ran down what he met, then.
“You sonuvabitch, you finally got her one.”
“Wait till the ball. Now, the creams? Well, I promised Minus I’d get her six jars of each as a tribute.”
Kazuma just laughed at that one.
“Of course you did.”
Tyler was smiling as he searched for an open desk as a set of armored guards approached. Tyler looked at them curiously as the man in the lead leveled a shield at him.
“Sirrah, be ye a Warrior?”
“I be, Sirrah. Me name’s Tyler the Outcast.”
The men jumped back in shock. The lead man was white faced as he apologized.
“Me apologies, Sir. I didn’t realize. We are here to keep the OTHER Warriors out of the exchange. Only yourself, Prince Kazuma, and the two ladies Kaori and Ashy are permitted use of the exchange.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Maybe I should just let my insignia be seen? And I do not fault you, Sirrah. It seems me plan worked fine if you didn’t even recognize this mismatch.”
Tyler jabbed a thumb at Kazuma and the men laughed.
“Aye lad, I see your plan. And it works just fine!”
They left as Kazuma now understood the OTHER purpose for the attire choice. Tyler spotted an empty desk and led the two towards it.
“I see the leathers and loose shirts are to also disguise us from the unobservant.”
“And to solidify us as a mere set of road weary travelers. No one looks twice at a bunch of dusty tumble weeds, right?”
The prince nodded as the lady behind the desk greeted them.
“Ahh, welcome to Term Creature exchange. I am called Mya. What materials do you have to sell?”
“Tyrants, Various ores, lisk, dragel, and I think that’s it.”
She smiled eagerly.
“Do you have a permit sir?”
Tyler passed her the document and she nodded.
“I see. Very well, Lords, right this way.”
Tyler and the two men were led passed Minus’s statue and Tyler leered at it, knowing full well she’d see and feel it. Mya showed them to a set of scales and the three men unloaded. She was a little taken aback by the amount.
“Lords, you have rather great luck. Okay, may I ask why no edible meat is present?”
Tyler smiled.
“We’re a hungry lot.”
She sighed wistfully.
“I do not blame in the slightest. The scales I understand as well. Okay, I can give you 1,254 gold, 43 silver, and 3 copper.”
Wulf chuckled.
“That’s a really good deal.”
Kazuma blinked as Tyler accepted the deal so easily. He asked as they went to the mason yard next.
“I’m amazed you didn’t haggle. I felt like you could have gotten more.”
Wulf chuckled.
“Actually, Kazuma, no. the material we gave them was worth a maximum of 2500 gold tops. Mya knew this, and Tyler knows I know as well. Tyler also understands another facet as well.”
“What’s that Wulf?”
“The exchange has to make a profit as well. So, the first deal they give us will almost always be the best. He brings ME just to ensure it is in case of attempted swindle.”
Kazuma understood then.
“I see. I guess he’s NOT a greedy bastard.”
“Not really. Remember, Kazuma, he only started with 10 gold. That’s it.”
That made him blink.
“Oh yeah that’s right. I meant to ask them just how the hell he got kaori out of the tower like that.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I’ll tell ya later. Actually, get Kaori to. She loves telling it.”
“I’ll do that.”
They walked onto the yard and Tyler spotted the foreman easily enough. The man was instantly suspicious as Tyler walked up.
“Hey now, ya wouldn’t be a Warrior, would ya?”
“I be, Sirrah. Me name’s Tyler the Outcast.”
The man gulped.
“ME apologies, lord. I meant no offense.”
“I understand.”
The man sighed with relief.
“Now, what brings the People’s champion to me yard?”
“Got some stone to sell. Granite, sandstone, some black marble.”
The man smiled widely now.
“Been many a year since I met anyone, let alone a lad of fifteen years that understands the worth of good stone. Lets see what ya got. The scales be there.”
Tyler and the two men emptied the pouches as the foremen laughed.
“Ya got a good eye lad! This be good building rock! Okay, how does 1,532 gold, and 50 silver even sound?”
Wulf chuckled.
“Nice to see so few rip off artists. That’s a good deal.”
Tyler shook the man’s hand and they moved to the bank as Kazuma was curious now.
“Hey, HAVE you been cheated yet?”
Tyler chuckled.
“Nearly. When I went with Kaori so she could pick out horses for Sera and Lillia the selling elf tried to used banned spells on her to cheat. I caught his eye flash and that was that.”
Kazuma laughed.
“You were just there to scare people. No one knows horses like my sister.”
“Damn straight.”
“Did you kill the cheat?”
“Nah. He had a bounty alive. So, just more coins.”
Kazuma smiled approvingly.
“Bounty hunting’s fun right?”
“Oh hell yeah. What’s you best bag?”
The blonde boy had to think on that one.
“Maybe 250 gold? I haven’t really encountered many bounties though. You?”
Tyler smiled.
“Our highest bag was 3750 total gold for taking out a black mage that murdered Vixen’s mother.”
“Holy shit. You said you had a few others of note to Ishtar, one called the elf rapist, right? How much you get for his head?”
“2500.”
“Oh my gods.”
“Yeah. Caught him as he tried to claim a fresh victim in Raylik. Yeah, he grew a dagger out of his head.”
Wulf sighed.
“She was shaken, but alright. Thank the gods”
Kazuma just sighed.
“At least he’s off the street now.”
“Yup. Wait till you see Raylik, Kazuma. I set foot in the city I’m kinda the local celebrity.”
The men walked up to the bank as a line of white armored knights approached.
“Sirrah! Be ya a Warrior?”
“Aye! I be Tyler the Outcast.”
The men nodded.
“Understood sir. No offense meant.”
“None taken.”
They walked in and Tyler spotted the booth to the side. Kazuma was confused.
“I thought we were doing a conversion?”
“We are, Kazuma. But the bank pays top coin for platinum, gold, silver and copper. So we sell as much to them as we can.”
“you know more about this world then I do! And I’m a damn prince in it!”
Tyler laughed as they were greeted by the lady behind the counter.
“Welcome Lords to the Bank of Term. How may I help you?”
“we got ores to sell, miss.”
“I see. I’ll set out the slab.”
They filled it and she gaped.
“Lords, how did you find so much of these?”
Tyler smiled.
“Be amazed what you can find in unopened holes.”
She laughed.
“Aye, lad, ya be amazed.”
“This be just the first batch, miss. We can fill it two times over.”
She smiled most eagerly.
“I see, you do love to open new holes don’t you?”
Tyler gave her a most…..happy smile.
“Oh I do, miss. And I’m VERY good at it.”
She shivered.
“I’ve heard. From Minus.”
Tyler blinked in surprise. Then he looked at the lady closely. She was tall, had fair skin, bright gold eyes with pure silver hair that fell to her waist. Her bust was large and she wore a bankers waist coat with pants. Tyler smiled.
“Oh, I see. You’re one of Minu’s Scale Ballasts.”
She smiled in happy surprise.
“Indeed I am, Lord. I am surprised you know her Sphere and servants so well. Then again, you ARE her Mortal Husband, so not really I suppose. My purpose in her Scale is to keep the balance. As such, I live in this bank as she lives in your mansion. So, shall we get back to business?”
“Sure. Wanna give me the total for this lot and I’ll fill it again?”
“As just a decision as that is, Lord, we have other slabs too.”
“Of course you do.”
They filled the two other slabs and half the third. She looked the mass of ore over and nodded.
“I can give you 5698 gold, 23 silver, 88 coppers, Lord.”
“Good deal. Miss?”
She smiled.
“Gold, Lord. My name is Gold. I am Lady Minus’ most valuable Ballast.”
“Well, tell her I said I love you.”
She shivered at this attack, even though it was not meant for her.
“She heard you, Lord, as she sees what MY eyes see.”
“I got an idea.”
She sighed sadly.
“As much as I’d like to experience it, Lord, it won’t work.”
“well damn. Oi, tell her I’m still workin on her jars.”
Gold lost it laughing.
“I will Lord.”
“Take care Gold. We’ll most likely see you tomorrow at SOME point.”
She waved as they went to the conversion desk as Kazuma was a little surprised.
“Are you saying we’ll find MORE of those?”
“Yup.”
“Tyler makes finding the most rare, valuable things in this world look soul crushingly easy.”
The prince just sighed.
“He always was the lucky bastard.”
Wulf and tyler just looked at each other incredulously and laughed. The conversion desk had a lady behind it and she smiled as she saw them.
“Welcome, Lords. I am called Rune. How may I help you?”
Tyler smiled kindly.
“we have a mass conversion we need done, Rune.”
She tilted her head.
“By mass, how many?”
“Serval hundred thousand coins from copper to silver and even more to gold.”
She blinked.
“I see. Tyler the Outcast. The King has issued a special notice for this conversion. Please, follow me.”
The did, and she led them to a small vault with a set of knights stationed outside. Rune placed a coin counter on the table.
“You are aware of the 2 per 10 tax, I trust?”
“I am.”
“Very well.”
Tyler took the pouch out and she gasped.
“The sheer number in that pouch is staggering Lords.”
Tyler smiled sheepishly.
“We’re a little TOO good at this shit.”
She laughed as he dumped the coppers in first. The result as 21,792 silver and 54 coppers. Rune looked at the number and Tyler tilted his head.
“How does 4359 silver sound?”
She smiled.
“fair Lord. That brings you total silver to 17,433.”
“This is going to give me a headache.”
“I feel your pain Lord.”
Tyler dumped the silver in next. The result was 9,258 gold, 68 silver. He frowned again.
“How does 1,852 gold sound?”
“Very good. Plus the extra gold if you wish.”
“Sure, that drops our total silver to 22 coins.”
Rune did some math.
“The total gold is 7,407 gold, Lord. The total result is 7,407 gold, 22 silver, 54 coppers.”
Tyler nodded.
“Thanks Rune.”
She gave him the coin and he hid it under his mythril vest. The three men left and Tyler looked at the sun.
“We’ll collect Vixen and head to the Purity temple to get the spear purified, see if they have a White weapon I can barter off them, and destroy our banned item collection.”
They nodded. Tyler blew his whistle for Vixen and she was waiting outside the palace when they walked up. The sexy black mage smiled as Tyler stole a kiss off her lips.
“We going to the temple?”
He rubbed her back.
“Yup. We’ll get the spear cleansed and the banneds destroyed.”
“Malico gave them to me for transport.”
“I love that smart, sexy busty cat. Love you too Foxy.”
HE kissed her again and they went on their way. Term’s White path of Purity temple was situated near the wallgate into the Warrior sector, and looked exactly like the previous two temples Tyler had visited.
“I guess consistency is big.”
They laughed as a Brother greeted them.
“Greetings White Lord. What brings you to the purity today?”
“I have a spear that needs to be purified, some banned items for destruction, and a question for the Father.”
“Of course Lord. Sadly, SHE is not allowed inside. I trust you understand.”
Tyler SMILED an unpleasant smile as Vixen just shook her head. Kazuma sighed.
“It’s their right as a Holy sect.”
“I hope YOU understand who you just singled out, Purity.”
The brother stood his ground, and a set of fifteen monks came forward now.
“The Unpure Black is NOT to set foot in our temple. As is our way.”
“I’m SURE Maxus and Laxus would LOVE to hear this.”
The names stopped the monks in there tracks.
“Light Bringer Laxus? Holy Spirit Maxus? They have allowed the Unclean to enter their hallowed halls?”
Tyler got a most dangerous gleam in his eye now.
“Okay, what the hell is this? You’ve insulted my friend twice now to my face. Wulf, Vixen, guards up. Somethings wrong here.”
Kazuma was appalled.
“What is wrong with this? They have a right to their religion!”
“Kazuma, shut up right now.”
Tyler looked at the now cowering monks.
“WHERE is the father?”
The monks got out of his way as Tyler walked in with the two as Kazuma was speechless at this utter tyranny. Tyler and his friends marched right up to the dais where the father stood with his combat monks. Tyler got one look into his eyes.
“Another one? Holy sanctity.”
His dome spell exploded out and the temple exploded as every single monk burst into flames. Tyler blew the alarm on his whistle as Kazuma was once again appalled.
“What have you done?”
Tyler glared at him.
“Doppelgangers.”
The prince gasped in horror as the flames went out and the monks were cheering at their regained freedom. Tyler cast the spell two more times as royal knights came flooding into the temple led by his friends.
“Holy sanctity!”
They gasped as they understood. No flames were spotted in the knights, and Sera spoke up.
“Mommy and Daddy are in their office with the door locked.’
Tyler pulled his coin up and used it. Ishtar was seen, and he knew the truth.
“If you have a holy Dome spell, Ishtar use it now, the temple was all doppels.”
HE gasped and cast his spell.
“Okay, clear. Me and Erica are NOT doppels.”
“Implement the rules of Yalik, Ishtar. You and the queen DO NOT leave that room till the flames are out. Understood? I have Lucy, Lyrica, Lily and Serafina going to you as bodyguards.”
The named nodded and took off as Tyler looked to the father. The man bowed deeply.
“I thank you for releasing myself and my monks, Lord White. Pray tell, what gave it away?”
“The fact a brother insulted my friend here twice to my face. NO ONE is dumb enough to do that besides the Warriors. Especially the Purity monks as my white path is so extreme and negates theirs.”
The Father nodded.
“I see. A most shrewd deduction. The temple is at your disposal.”
Tyler gave him a scroll.
“These are the new rules for the city. Not a soul sets foot in or out of the sectors without this spell or stronger hitting them.”
He nodded.
“I understand, White Master. My name is Father Saxus. There are two more temples in Term.”
“I shall hit them myself. Outcasts, we got another Yalik.”
They nodded and got moving as Kazuma was hit with whiplash at the sudden shift from mere easy going work to grim faced urgency. The prince looked at Wulf.
“What the hell? He just flipped a light switch!”
The ranger smiled.
“That’s Tyler’s way. Its all fun and games until the trouble starts. Then when it hits he’s in the thick of it while we are all scrambling. We’ll have the city cleaned up the RIGHT way by dark.”
Tyler had his coin up still.
“How thoroughly did you search the city for banned items, Ishtar?”
The king looked at a paper.
“With a fine toothed comb to your guidelines. I see a fresh inspection is in order.”
“Ya got the experts in town now. It’ll get done right.”
“Well said.”
“How many temples are in the city?”
“33.”
“Shit. This is how they got Yalik under control, Ishtar. Start at the temples and work up.”
“By the gods that’s a scary tactic. How big is your sanctity dome?”
“Right now I can hit 500m at a time.”
“I see. You’ll hit the Purity temples first and move one?”
“Yup. I gave Saxus my guidelines for the city. I think I gave you one as well.”
“You did. We’ll figure out how they got in after the flames stop.”
“right. I think I know, but not right now.”
Tyler was met with monks in combat formation as he reached the next temple.
“Holy Sanctity.”
His dome spell bypassed all negate spells as it was strictly a spirit realm spell that targeted evil. The temple was encased and the flames were everywhere. Tyler walked in and found the leader to be a Mother this time. The lady bowed.
“Thank you, Pure One. I am called Glacier. What do we do next?”
HE gave her a scroll.
“This will tell you everything you need.”
“Lord White.”
On to the next one. Kazuma was utterly amazed by just how efficiently Tyler was cleaning the city, as he would cast the spell as they moved through the city and drink mana potions as he did so. Kazuma looked at Kaori.
“What the hell?”
The blonde beauty laughed.
“This is how TYLER solves a problem, Kazuma: by sticking his hands in the mud and cleaning the mess himself. Fact he always has a plan on just HOW to get into the deepest cracks just makes it the easier.”
The prince was just amazed.
“I’ve read the crystals, but seeing it first hand is entirely different.”
His sister chuckled.
“Just wait until a leader needs a reaming.”
“I might not be able to stomach it.”
“Either you take the criticisms and move on or get left behind. Tyler will never do a job for someone they themselves refuse to do. If he lays it out for you and you refuse still, he’ll just leave you to rot. AFTER sowing the seeds of your downfall as he goes.”
Kazuma looked at the boy in the lead.
“And if someone truly CAN’T act?”
“Can’t or won’t?”
Kazuma blinked.
“You do realize not everyone is so free, right?”
Tyler smiled now.
“It is better to be feared then loved, if one cannot be both.”
Kazuma sighed.
“That is a dark saying Tyler. A dark saying full of even darker wisdom. I do not like it. So, should such an event come to pass, I will NOT bear witness.”
“Whatever, Kazuma. We’ll see if you stick to those ideals when we get into the mud for real. But right now we got bigger issues.”
The prince nodded as they reached the last temple of the purity. Tyler cast the spell and the flames were seen. He walked in to find another Mother laid out on the floor. She got to her feet and bowed.
“I thank you Lord White. I be Cloud. Your orders?”
“This will tell you what you need.”
She nodded as she took the scroll.
“At once Lord White.”
The Outcast bounced from temple to temple cleaning out doppels en mass. Tyler cleaned the last temple, a rather odd one that worshiped the green path with a temple that looked like a slimed emerald and Ishtar popped up on his coin.
“We have news.”
“Good, bad, or Kazuma?”
“I hate you.”
Ishtar laughed.
“The barracks are clear, guard houses as well. Jail is being gone through as we speak.”
“Bad?”
“we were on the knife’s edge of another Yalik. The knights were nearly a Doppel to the last man. That said, we narrowly avoided Lymir’s tragedy.”
“Kazuma?”
“I WILL stab you.”
“The Kazuma news is thus far we’ve found over three hundred thousand banned items in the city.”
“Not you too, your Majesty!”
The king laughed as Tyler groaned.
“Great. I think, this is a different stockpile then the pope’s.”
“I don’t think so. We did the best we could, Tyler, but it seems the Doppels were here during the initial search.”
Tyler thought about it.
“I see. Now I think of it, makes sense. But, wait, you JUST replaced your entire garrison, right?”
Ishtar nodded.
“I did. Which is most likely when they got in.”
“As who would think to search for Doppelgangers in a mass of fresh knights. They came in, and were aiding the underground, while furthering the pope’s agenda post skinning. Explains the knights. So, they did this town a different style. Hit the garrison FIRST then move into the temples. I see they learned from Yalik.”
“These Knights came from further south and to the west towards Erolagard.”
Tyler frowned.
“Do you have contact with Rolic?”
Ishtar blinked.
“The King under the mountain? I do, you think he might have a similar problem?”
“Stands to reason, since the knights came from that direction.”
“Then I ask you return to the palace to explain this to him yourself.”
“Sure. This point, the white path can handle the remaining doppels.”
Tyler set off towards the palace as Kazuma walked beside him.
“How the hell did you just figure that out?”
Tyler sighed.
“It fits just way too well, Kazuma. Plus, well, when trying to anticipate an enemy’s movements, you seek to look at the world through THEIR eyes.”
the blue eyed boy nodded.
“I remember now. You could predict the direction a rabbit would take when startled at a glance 10 out of ten times perfectly. Would scare the hell out of us every time you did it too.”
Tyler led his friends to the palace casting as he went. He walked into the throne room and threw his entire power behind one spell, and it hit the entire building. Then the Outcast strode into Ishtar’s office where Lucy was facing the door with her greatsword, Serafina was hidden in a shadow near the door, Lyrica was standing off to the side with a glowing hand, and Lily had her Additite shield up. Tyler nodded as he cast his spell.
“Nice set up ladies.”
Lyrica smiled as she set her spell aside.
“Lily set it up. She is quite the strategist.”
“Lily’s MY apprentice, Lyrica. Whaddya expect?”
Lily smiled as Ishtar placed a red crystal on the desk and activated it. Tyler watched as a dwarf with a red beard, blue eyes clad in golden mail with a crown of gold upon his head was seen. The dwarf looked at Ishtar with a curious light in his eyes.
“Well, well, what a surprise. Ishtar Vernillion. What could possibly warrant such an audience?”
Ishtar smiled.
“It be not for ME Rolic, this here Lad has something you might want to be aware of.”
The dwarven king looked to see Tyler standing there and laughed.
“Ha! The Outcast himself needs to speak with me? Oh shit here we go!”
Tyler laughed as well.
“That’s gotten THAT widespread?”
The dwarven king chuckled.
“We’ve heard stories of that melting storeroom ya call a mind. So, what’s the current crisis?”
Tyler sighed and pulled out his map and tapped the south west.
“I just discovered the king’s new garrison of knights came from the southwest. And to a man were replaced with doppelganger demons.”
Rolic blinked and looked at the map most intently now.
“That is most disturbing news, lad. The area is blank on your map, though.”
Ishtar passed a fresh map to Tyler. The man added it to his own and the area filled in.
“That’s better.”
Rolic laughed.
“It is. Now, in your own opinion, where would the most likely place the things got in by?”
Tyler looked at the region. The area was a mountainous area, with small towns, villages and a small inland sea bordering the dwarven homeland. Tyler tapped the villages.
“Are these mining villages?”
Rolic nodded.
“They be, lad. They share rights with both Erolagard and Vernillion.”
“Hmm, turnover rate for workers?”
Rolic’s eyes flashed.
“Wise lad. Sadly, the rate is high due to mining as a whole.”
“That’s one possibility as to how the creatures got in. Like the ship’s crew for Yalik. But, that don’t account for the sheer numbers though. Vixen, how hard to summon are doppels?”
The black mage sighed.
“Far easier then we’d like to believe. I can summon 50 with five candles and chalk.”
Tyler crossed his arms now.
“So, a mage of talent and the means can raise several thousand fakes in a single summoning. By accident.”
Vixen nodded.
“It happens. But, thankfully without hosts, the creatures die soon after the summon.”
Tyler blinked.
“How soon?”
“Maybe a day?”
Tyler looked at the map anew.
“Okay, we need a town with the capacity for several thousand hosts to be hit in a short amount of time. Too big and they raise the alarm, too few and they die.”
Rolic looked as well, before gesturing to one town.
“There. The city of Rookland. It is a coal town with 5000 residents.”
Tyler looked at the town.
“Look at its position, Rolic”
The king under the mountain did, and gasped.
“That city sits on a main highway in or out of the country! That roads ends at my capital!”
Tyler looked at the towns and cities along the route.
“Which means every settlement along that road needs to get hit.”
The King took a golden horn and blew it hard. Once finished he set it aside.
“My priests are immune to doppels as they train exclusively to hunt them for their religion. No offense outcast, but they are the very best there are at it.”
Tyler sighed.
“None taken, Rolic. Now, if they GET caught?”
“They have tools to escape their cages on their own. I was once a member myself.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Well, my bad feeling went away on that end so, next task is purifying the towns.”
Rolic was seen giving orders to an unseen person before looking back.
“The Doppel Gang are hunting now. They will have a report in ten minutes or they have no business hittin rock.”
Tyler smiled.
“Okay, I also would like to make a further suggestion.”
The Dwarven ruler nodded.
“Go ahead lad.”
“Search every city and town you have under your banner for banned items. I have a procedure for it, as wherever those bastards go they set up a shop for them.”
Rolic nodded.
“Agreed. Place the scroll or what have you in the image.”
Tyler did as requested and Rolic was holding it. The ruler took a moment to look it over before smiling widely.
“I like the way you solve problems, lad. I can’t find a single gap or hole in the procedure and I was a dwarven lawyer!”
Tyler shrugged.
“ eh, I don’t like loose ends.”
The King under the mountain laughed heartedly.
“The Stones will have these implemented throughout the land.”
“A question.”
“Speak.”
“Do you have sea trade?”
“I do, why do you ask?”
“Another loose end. Here.”
He passed him a fresh scroll and Rolic just shook his head.
“No compromise, no mercy, no questions. Just cold logic and solutions. Ya would make a fine dwarf. These too will be adopted. We will have every member of the Stones briefed in the hour.”
“Good. What about the airships?”
“We did THAT as soon as we heard. I already got a copy that was adopted across the stone.”
“Good. That’s the major shipping routes covered. Only thing left really is the black markets.”
Rolic smiled now.
“We have agents moving through them now. They be a most valuable commodity, the markets.”
Tyler chuckled in agreement.
“Hey, don’t worry about not finding that spell in the shop over there, my friend, I know a guy!”
Rolic and Ishtar burst out laughing as Kazuma squirmed uncomfortably as Wulf just shook his head.
“I am amazed he hasn’t asked to see the markets yet.”
The blonde boy just sighed.
“Yet another thing I don’t like.”
Rolic heard him.
“Boy, if ya have something to say, then speak yer piece.”
Kazuma stepped forward to do just that.
“I have issue with the rulers being so accepting of black markets in general, as most of the things that flow though them be of a dark nature. Plus, stolen goods or smuggled contraband.”
Tyler sighed as Rolic looked at Ishtar.
“I see your new prince needs some lessons on the ways of the world, Ishtar.”
The human ruler nodded.
“Indeed he does, Rolic. Which is why Tyler has taken him in. well, ONE of the reasons.”
Rolic faced the now irritated boy.
“Lad, there are things in this world you have to just accept as reality. The markets are one such reality. They do deal in such dangerous wares, this be truth. Yet, for some villages the market is all they have for things they need. I have villages that can only be reached by airship, and the rulers are most strict as to what their people may or may not have, so, the market flourishes there as the people get to experience commodities we all take for granted.”
Kazuma looked at Tyler now.
“Isn’t this the part where you call him out for being lazy?”
Tyler crossed his arms.
“Okay, Rolic, these villages, is life harsh up there?”
The ruler nodded.
“They are. The leaders of the villages are aware of the markets existences as they themselves set them up so to avoid the necessary taxes for the goods to reach them.”
“I understand. Say you have a village on a mountain with little fertile soil, and little water. The leader has to make a choice between drinking water and pretty plants right?”
“Indeed, lad. In the circumstance, water and food become more vital.”
“And if taxes and the legal routes are followed, then the children will grow up never having seen a rose.”
“So, if say a merchant makes a deal with the leader to both sell the village soil to grow the plants, and they use a certain airship to get it there,”
“Then the children get to experience something they would otherwise not be able to due to the way the laws are written.”
Rolic nodded.
“Indeed. Sometimes the rules need to be bent or broken entirely for life to live.”
Tyler nodded.
“The world is not a nice place.”
The rulers sighed.
“No. No it is not.”
Kazuma just looked at Tyler.
“Yet, you just sold out your own beliefs. If the laws are the issue, rewrite them.”
Rolic just groaned.
“Boy if it were that easy to rewrite the world don’t you think EVERYONE would do it?”
Wulf spoke up now.
“Kazuma, I told you of how Tyler wiped out the slave trade in my home city, right?”
Malico perked up.
“I told him but go ahead.”
Kazuma looked at the ranger.
“Tyler forced it to happen then, how is this any different?”
Wulf just sighed.
“Because the slave trade was just an evil we needed cleansed. The black market is a necessary evil.”
Kazuma narrowed his blue eyes.
“A ‘necessary’ evil? That’s the excuse a politician uses to keep his seat.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes.
“You’re missing the point, Kazuma. The black markets CAN’T be gotten rid of period. For that is the way of people period. Say we can’t have something or sell something here, we’ll find a way to get it and sell it somewhere else.”
The prince glared at him now.
“How can you just accept a clear evil like that? These markets dabble in everything from banned goods to trafficking to drugs and banned spells. Yet you’re just going to ignore it?”
Rolic glared at him now.
“Boy, you need to open your eyes to the real world. The trafficking and banned spells rings are dismantled every time they pop up. Everything else? I have agents on the inside that monitor everything they sell.”
Tyler chuckled now.
“Plus, the kingdoms they are run in also profit from the markets as well.”
Ishtar and Rolic smiled.
“they do indeed.”
“I’ve found quite a few relics and good deals in the markets myself over the years.”
Tyler looked at Ishtar curiously.
“Really? Like what?”
The king reached up and pulled a small red sword off a set of pins. He passed the weapon to Tyler for inspection.
“I found that a few years back on a visit and a bit of fun.”
Tyler smiled widely.
“A sword of fireball? That’s freakin gnarly. How much it cost you?”
“35 silver.”
“No freakin way. This thing is easily worth 9 gold! Damn, I might have to go looking myself now.”
Tyler passed it back as Kazuma was appalled.
“that could be a stolen sword the owner was murdered to get!”
Tyler blinked as he had a burst of inspiration.
“There’s a thought.”
The room laughed as Tyler looked at Ishtar.
“We sometimes find weapons that aren’t really worth selling to stores or using to reshape. Is it worth looking into the markets?”
The rulers nodded.
“It is. They always find a buyer for even mere iron weapons as some places are in open revolt and need the equipment.”
“Well alright. We got an option for junk weaponry not even Lily can repurpose.”
That got him a hug as Wulf remembered something.
“I still need to introduce you to my own contact in Raylik.”
“Oh yeah. We got our permit and I forgot you had an in. Nifty, we’ll use Raylik as our in.”
Wulf smiled now.
“It actually has the best markets in the country.”
“Halfway to everywhere places like that usually do. Another reason I love that town. nearly everything that comes into the country in three directions passes through those gates.”
Ishtar was nodding approvingly.
“Term is the governing capital of Vernillion, but Raylik is the commerce capital. And why my party chose to set up in Raylik in the first place.”
Erica had remained silent as the other discussed the matter, and now she smiled.
“I miss that town. I think, Tyler, when you ride out for Raylik after the wave, I’ll join you for the journey.”
Tyler smiled widely.
“Ya’ll get to see Sera and Lillia in action then. Long as you agree to my camp rules, guest and royalty aside.”
She smiled gratefully.
“I am aware of your rules, and agree. It will be good to see Seline again.”
“So you know, we got an open spot if ya want to go roaming again.”
She gasped in shock as Ishtar smiled widely. Then she smiled widely.
“I think….I’ll do just that lad. I never laid my weapon down, and as such still have my power.”
Tyler tilted his head now.
“What path were you again?”
Erica smiled widely.
“A red/blue path.”
Tyler blinked.
“Those two are contradicting colors though?”
She nodded.
“Indeed. Which is why my paths are so strong. The contradiction cancels out and I get the benefits.”
“Which do you prefer?”
She chuckled.
“I prefer blue, but I have a good bit of red spells. Plus my weapon be a light longsword like Gruven had.”
Tyler smiled now.
“So, we got a queen in the camp?”
She nodded.
“You do. But, on the trail, I’m just Erica. Erica the spellsword.”
Tyler looked at a happy Sera and Lillia.
“Wow, I got the full set.”
Kaori smacked him hard, as Vixen looked at Erica.
“You do he’s thinking of it, right? Aunt?”
The queen smiled widely.
“Can you blame him?”
Vixen leered at the lady.
“No I cannot.”
Kazuma just looked shocked.
“Now you’re joining us your grace?”
“Yup. And it’s Erica now.”
Ishtar kissed his wife.
“I’m sorry I laid my blade down at all.”
She smiled.
“I’m not, ishy. We got Sera and Lillia from it.”
Tyler patted Sera fondly.
“And they are nothing but a good thing.”
He got a hug from the girls as Rolic shook his head.
“Erica rides into the waves once more. I hear the land begging for mercy.”
Kazuma sighed now.
“So you’re just ignoring the markets as it’s easier to use them yourselves then fight them.”
Tyler just looked at Ishtar as Rolic spoke now.
“and here I thought dwarves were stubborn. Boy, you are going to suffer most unneededly unless you learn to accept the harshness of the world.”
Kazuma looked up with a fire in his eyes now.
“The world doesn’t HAVE to as harsh it is! You rulers have the ability to make it so much better, but don’t! Tyler here has coin in the hundreds of thousands and does next to nothing with it, King Ishtar has knights that have never seen action that could secure the roads period, and King Rolic could rewrite the laws to make the villages get what they want without illegal means! Yet, you don’t!”
Erica spoke up now.
“Boy, it seems you were never taught a most fundamental lesson growing up, or if you were you just refuse to see it.”
He looked at the queen on the verge of exploding.
“What lesson, Milady?”
She sighed.
“The world is not that easily fixed. Tyler here has done more good for more people then you have, and yet you’re acting as if he hasn’t done a thing.”
Kazuma snorted.
“He only did it cause he loves battle, and because Kaori told him to. He’s not that nice as to go out of his way to aid someone.”
Kaori smacked him now.
“Idiot! Cut the shit and LISTEN to yourself! Tyler does NOT take orders! You know that!”
Wulf stepped in now.
“Tyler is not a nice man, Kazuma. That is true. But, and this is something I respect the hell out of him for, if he encounters someone that needs his help, he will do whatever he can to do so. He does NOT go out of his way, this again is true, but he helps those in his path with all his strength so long as they are willing to help themselves.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Or they’re Melly or Rylie.”
Sera smiled.
“We’re headed back to Cragspire after the wave, right?”
“We’ll see Rylie and Kylie Sera.”
“Yay!”
Erica smiled as she looked at Tyler.
“More sisters?”
Tyler chuckled fondly.
“Yup. Rylie’s family stayed a night with us on the road north of TopLeaf, and I healed her family of a stomach issue. Yeah, Sera had them in hug death the whole night.”
Kazuma glared at Tyler now.
“And I’m SURE you bedded the mother if she was hot as payment!”
Tyler walked over and punched him in the stomach so hard it lifted him off his feet. Kazuma had all the breath driven from his body as Tyler lifted him up and pinned him against the wall, enraged.
“My patience with you is at an end. I do NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THOSE THAT ARE HELPLESS. I do NOT take payments from those that have nothing. And I do not force myself upon another as a means of payment. Now. I will say this ONCE Kazuma. Get off your high horse now.”
Tyler had Kazuma fixed with his Demon glare, only this time instead of will it was fueled by pure rage. Kaori was also glaring at her brother, and so was the entire party.
“Tyler refuses payment from nearly EVERYONE he helps. From city officials to the poor he healed to feel good for a bit, to dragons who owe him their lives, Kazuma. Our wealth has come from the monsters we have killed, bounties collected, and troves found.”
Wulf had a more disgusted look in his eyes.
“I can’t believe Tyler trusted you with so many important tasks. You are a mere boy that should NEVER have been given a sword. In the army you would be assigned a stockroom position as you would get your fellow soldiers killed.”
Ishtar was also glaring at Kazuma now.
“Kazuma. You have just overstepped the bounds of this discussion. Moral disagreements are fine and are welcome as we all need to reach an understanding. But, when you drag one’s honor, or, in Tyler’s case, code into the talks with such malicious intent, you are not having a discussion any longer. You have lost this argument, you know it, and you even accept it too. Yet, you seem to feel the need to justify your own ideals over logic itself.”
“Sorry, Ishtar, but that’s not exactly it.”
Tyler dropped Kazuma to the floor with a tired expression. Kaori sighed as well.
“What is It this time?”
“Dude is just in denial. He knows we’re right, but he just doesn’t want to give up his ideals as, in his mind, they keep the world nice and simple. Specially here where everything is just batshit. Lily here is the perfect example. In our world, she is the size of a tall 7 year old. Yet, her actual age is 90 years.”
“more 110.”
He looked at her.
“Really? Where the hell I get 90 from then? Well, same point really. Lily looks like a mere third grader from our world, yet is older then some countries in our world. Add to the fact she nearly killed him to prove a point and yeah, he has curled into a ball spitting his ideal bullshit.”
Kazuma had regained his breath to retort.
“Like YOU have room to bitch about this world. You still don’t understand it either.”
Tyler shrugged.
“I don’t HAVE to understand it to live in it. More fun that way too.”
Kazuma just snorted.
“Makes sense you love it here so much, you NEVER HAD A FUTURE IN OUR WORLD!”
Tyler burst out laughing as Kaori was just appalled. She was about to smack him again for the cruel remark but Tyler placed a hand on her shoulder.
“Kazuma, NOW we’re getting to the real issue here. In our world you had it all, more or less, respect, easy living, hell even girls since you had the blonde haired blue eyed prince charming routine going. All you had to do was play the nice guy to survive and it was easy. Now, we come to Lectis, and suddenly the world cares far more about a steel spine, combat prowess, and honor in it’s forms rather then just blind kindness. Good looks are secondary to strength of arm. Smarts are also more sought after. Looking good isn’t enough to just coast through life anymore. In Lectis you have to step the fuck up or get fucked up. YOU have never HAD to step up period.”
Kazuma was shaking with rage at this.
“And what would YOU know about my life? Huh? You think that just cause you’re life was shit you know everything about mine? About MY pain?”
“Dude, shove it. Now you’re just trying to rile ME up rather then just accept the truth. Ya can’t get under my skin since I fight demonkind for fun.”
Kazuma just looked at him with loathing.
“You act so high and mighty, as if the world was so simple to you. You force the way you do things on others without regard to whether or not they like it, you bully people at will when all they are trying to do is just live their lives, and you even stick your nose in the affairs of others just because you think you know better. I refuse to accept such a tyrannical dictator as a leader.”
Tyler tilted his head now, confused.
“Umm, okay, Kazuma, let’s address these charges in order, shall we? Just WHO do I force my way of doing things upon, exactly?”
Tyler’s voice still calm and level as he addressed the irate Kazuma. The blonde boy replied in a grating tone.
“Ishtar, and even the dragons. You give them orders like you own them as slaves. You all but forced Lyrica to join with that Succubus rite of hers there is NO way you didn’t know about, and you force these heartless rules of yours down the throats of the party under threat of death.”
Tyler crossed his arms now.
“Again. In order. I give Ishtar the orders I do so he may give them to his people. It’s called council Kazuma. If he doesn’t want to listen, well, the door is that way and I’m all too happy to use it. He listens to me because I usually have the best solutions to his problems. Are my methods extreme? Perhaps. But what’s more important here? Public opinion or the safety of the realm? Next point. You think I ORDER the dragons around? Are you outta yo damn mind? Not even the gods can ORDER dragons to do anything period. I make suggestions. They take them as I have EARNED their trust. With blood, sweat, tears and cold Mythril. If you really wish to test that theory, I am more then happy to call up Tempesta for his input.”
The boy snorted.
“Pff, and he’d come running to you defense like a trained dog.”
The room was then filled with a low rumble as Tyler gulped.
“Dude, shut up. You say that again and he’ll kill you.”
Kazuma laughed harshly.
“Like I said A-umph!”
Tyler slapped his hand over his mouth to keep him from saying it again.
“Okay, you gods forsaken idiot, you want to call out a dragon so fucking badly? Fine.”
Tyler placed a coin on the desk and Tempesta’s enraged eye was seen. Then the image of the angry dragon’s head was visible as he enhanced the spell. Tyler sighed.
“How much have you heard thus far?”
The dragon growled.
“All of it. I wish to speak with Rolic as well, about the alarming numbers of doppels we have encountered thus far.”
Tyler stepped back now.
“well, Tempesta, the floor is yours.”
Kazuma held his ground before the fury of the lord of the sky.
“See? He came like I said he would.”
“Shut up you whining cur. I come when Tyler calls because every time he calls for me it’s for AID IN PROTECTING THE REALM ITSELF! TYLER STANDS IN THE FACE OF CREATURES YOU PISSED YOURSELF LOOKING AT. Or did you forget the five Lich kings he slew in front of your eyes to protect YOU?”
Kazuma snorted again.
“He did it just to save Kaori. He doesn’t give a damn about the rest of us or you. Long as she’s safe rest of us can ROT for he cares.”
Rolic looked at Tyler.
“I’d like to hear this tale of the Kings sometime.”
“Kaori got it on a crystal.”
“I’ll buy a copy off you for 10,000 gold!”
Tyler smiled.
“You wouldn’t happen to have any holy weapons or gear on hand, would you Rolic?”
The wise dwarven ruler chuckled.
“I do, lad. What is your price?”
“I need a katana for kaori here, an axe for my hulking lady friend here, Annnd a bow for my ranger friend. The bow and axe I’d prefer to have a collapse function, but that’s just storage speaking.”
The king nodded.
“I see. A fair deal then. You have the crystal on hand?”
Kaori smiled apologetically.
“I need to make a copy Lord Rolic. I haven’t had the time yet.”
The dwarf king smiled.
“I see, well, Ishtar can call me when you have it and I’ll have the weapons ready.”
Tyler tilted his head now.
“I got a recording of Tempesta killing a Fallen Dragon.”
Rolic AND Ishtar’s eye lit up like lights.
“Name your price.”
“Same.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Right now what we need is more holy gear to fight the Liches and undead.”
Ishtar crossed his arms as Rolic chuckled.
“My kingdom has an entire religion built around hunting the fell creatures. I’ll put in requests for the items. Plus, if I tell them the one that needs them has killed five lich kings-“
“8. I’ve killed. 8.”
Rolic just looked at him as he pulled his HUD up and showed him the kills. HE just sighed sadly.
“I see. You have my pity for having to fight them alone as you have. The items will be procured. I see your armor is to boost your blue path exclusively, may I ask why?”
“Defense magic. I beat the five kings with my spells alone. You’ll understand just what I mean when you see the crystal. But, my white path is already extreme, so, my strategy for these things is a defense based offense. You follow?”
He nodded.
“I do lad. A most wise approach to such battles. Okay, I’ll need maybe a day to get the items together.”
“We’ll get the crystals set up on our end. Thanks Rolic.”
The king under the mountain smiled kindly as attention was directed back at Kazuma and Tempesta. The blonde haired boy scoffed.
“Ya done screwing over another poor bastard?”
Tyler just sighed as Tempesta growled so ferociously they FELT the real thing in the room. The now angry dragon had a voice like an avalanche.
“HE just turned down a poorly worded offer that if he had wanted to, he could have asked for their kingdoms, boy. And he turned them down for the means to better defend us all. Tyler has EARNED our faith and respect, and to be quite honest, Kazuma, I do NOT WANT TO FIGHT him anymore. I have made my first true friend in hundreds of thousands of years. He would die for us at the snap of a finger. He even brought you into his party to better help you.”
Kazuma just shook his head now.
“You are just letting him get away with the way he lives? At other’s expense?”
Tyler tilted his head.
“Hol up. Somethings off here. Tempesta, can you see if he’s under a spell or something?”
The dragon blinked, and he looked at Kazuma with glowing eyes.
“He is not, Tyler. Why the odd question?”
Tyler looked at Kazuma anew now.
“I’ve known this guy most of his life since me and Kaori were attached at the hip. Yet, I can’t recall him being THIS stubborn.”
Kaori just sighed.
“That’s because you were never there when it showed. Kazuma is like a small child when he doesn’t get his way, or someone refuses to listen to him. He once pulled this on our father, and they stood in the kitchen fighting for I shit you not two days before the nanny he’d inflicted on me walked in and smacked them both. If she hadn’t Kazuma would have still been fighting.”
Tyler looked at him now.
“The issue was?”
“Kazuma wanted to go outside but craig wouldn’t let him because he was sick. Kazuma said he was fine even though he was still coughing.”
Tyler just sighed now.
“I can fix that easy enough. Permission?”
Kaori nodded.
“Please do.”
Tyler walked up and smacked Kazuma across the back of the head.
“Cut the shit and see the truth.”
Kazuma glared at him.
“You’re wrong!” smack.
“cut the shit and see the truth.”
Tyler repeated this process, Kazuma would try to say something, only to get a vicious slap and the same line over and over again. That’s it. No other words. Just that line. Kazuma opened his mouth again and Tyler raised his hand again, and Kazuma sighed.
“Whatever. I’m leaving your party.”
Tempesta growled hard.
“You are holden to a dragon oath of silence, boy. Speak of our secrets and you will suffer a dragon’s punishment.”
Kazuma just snorted.
“Whatever, dragon. I want no part of a monster’s camp.”
HE looked at Tyler with disgust.
“My coin, the total was-“
“1,243 gold, 55 silver, 88 coppers, 55 gems.”
Tyler’s on the fly response caught him off guard as Tyler pulled the exact amount out and gave it to him.
“What? Not gonna force me to stay?”
“Nope. Tempesta actually pointed out I missed this piece of party leading. You want out you out. You get your loot to that point and good life to ya.”
The blonde haired boy snorted.
“Let me guess: I have to fork over the gear YOU paid for?”
“Nah. Though, that holy lance is next to useless to you, so 500 gold for it.”
Kazuma just tossed it at him and Tyler gave him the coin. Tyler looked at his party and passed the Lance to Sera.
“I’ll teach you to wield it later.”
Erica spoke up now.
“I’ll help, as the spear was a favorite weapon of mine.”
Tyler smiled now.
“Well nice to see you’re not a one trick pony, Erica. I’d like some lessons as well, since the spear is not a weapon I am really familiar with.”
She nodded.
“Of course.”
Tyler looked back to Sera.
“I think Erica can make better use of the holy lance.”
She giggled.
“Best for the best!”
“Still the best shot on the team.”
Lillia stepped into view now and looked at Kazuma with sad blue eyes.
“Are you really leaving Kaz?”
HE sighed sadly now.
“If I don’t Lily, I’ll lose who I am. You can come with me if you want.”
She looked at Tyler who shrugged.
“This is your choice Lillia.”
She nodded and looked back at Kazuma.
“I’ll stay with Tyler, as he has never once let me down. Plus, I haven’t finished training yet.”
HE sighed.
“You’re strong enough, Lillia. I can protect you.”
She glared at him now.
“I don’t WANT to be merely protected, like a doll only good for display. I am NOT strong enough if I need to relay on others to fight my battles for me.”
HE just shook his head.
“You are a princess. I a prince. I can’t win this fight, so I’m just going to leave.”
Lillia had a disgusted look on her face now.
“Leave? No Kazuma, you’re running away.”
The boy just opened the door and walked out, slamming it. Lillia turned around and Tyler hugged her. She sighed sadly.
“I’m fine.”
He looked into her eyes and smiled.
“That’s my sister. Sorry about that.”
She shrugged.
“Eh. Princes like him are a copper a dozen in Lectis. I can find a better man nearly anywhere.”
Tyler just burst out laughing as the ladies cheered their fellow lady. Then Tyler looked to Tempesta.
“Sorry for that.”
The dragon chuckled.
“Not at all, Tyler. Just a question.”
“Oh shit here we go.”
“I do know that Succubus there.”
“Beauty ain’t she?”
Lyrica glowed hard as Tempesta sighed.
“She is. Furiosa is better, but ya know.”
“See? Yer learnin!”
“Will Kazuma keep our secrets?”
Tyler sighed.
“I don’t think so. He gets worked up enough, he’ll spill just to get back at us.”
The dragon looked to Kaori.
“Is this a certainty?”
The blonde sighed.
“It is Tempesta. Kazuma is very……what’s the word? Vindictive?”
The dragon rumbled as he looked to Ishtar.
“You are aware of the consequences of him breaking a dragon oath?”
Ishtar nodded.
“I am Lord Blue. Should such a thing come to pass, I will find a new heir.”
The king looked at Tyler, who laughed.
“No. I am NOT going to be a king.”
Ishtar laughed.
“Just testing you. I have another in mind already, actually.”
Erica smiled now.
“That boy Thorn is friends with? He is very kind and smart.”
Tyler chuckled now.
“Plus he knows how the world works. Can’t ask for a better ruler then one who grew up in its gutters.”
The king nodded.
“Exactly my point.”
“Tyler.”
HE looked at Kaori.
“Yeah?”
She looked at him with a sad look.
“Can you at least TRY to save him?”
Tyler crossed his arms and looked at Tempesta. Then dragon sighed.
“I’m sorry, Tyler. Not even the title of Dragon Heart can persuade a dragon from exacting the punishment for a broken Dragon’s oath.”
Tyler went into thought.
“I think….I can ask Minus if a curse can be placed on him. Say he goes to spill the secrets he is not supposed to it causes him pain.”
Tempesta blinked.
“I can do that myself. It’s a Dragon Silencer. The hells didn’t we think of it sooner?”
Tyler shrugged sheepishly.
“Too easy?”
The dragon’s eyes glowed.
“There. It is done. If he seeks to break his Oath to me, it will cause him pain. If he forces it, the curse shatters.”
Kaori nodded.
“If he goes that far, Tempesta, then do as you need. This way we can say we gave him a chance.”
They all nodded as Tyler spoke up.
“You said you needed to speak to Rolic about the Doppels?”
The dragon nodded and looked to Rolic’s image. The dwarven king tipped his crown.
“Lord Blue.”
“King under the Mountain. These Doppels.”
The dwarf rubbed his eyes.
“I got a report during the mess. Every city along the road Tyler pointed out had been taken over by the things. My Doppel Gang is still hunting as we speak.”
The dragon sighed.
“We need to figure out how and why so many of these things keep popping up.”
Tyler looked at his still open map. HE ran a finger from Yalik to Rookland.
“We can safely assume Yalik’s bunch were a different summoning. Rookland, however, Rolic, has any trace of a summoning been found as of yet?”
The ruler passed scroll through the image and Tyler looked at with Vixen. She sighed.
“A master summoned them. Perfect.”
Tyler looked at the spot he’d encountered the raiser. Tempesta caught on.
“I don’t think it’s him, Tyler.”
Tyler nodded.
“I was thinking the same, but I needed to see the distances myself. So, we have one idiot after the dragons, and another sending doppels into the world. Okay. We need answers. Rolic, were any notes or journals been found as of yet?”
The blue eyed dwarf looked at some papers.
“There have been finds, but they were destroyed as the knowledge was considered dangerous. My apologies for the oversight here. I’ll send word to have them saved and sent to you for examination.”
“I forgot to tell you as well. I’ll make a new addition to the procedures for searches now.”
Tempesta looked at Rolic.
“If you have the remains I can restore them.”
He bowed.
“My white paths used a Purge spell, Lord Blue.”
The dragon just sighed.
“An unfortunate oversight on all our parts.”
Tyler finished adding the new steps to the scrolls.
“Least we know now. Like I keep saying, if it were that easy. Okay, we have a summoner looking to release doppels into the world. Vixen, are mass doppels sometimes byproducts of a summon gone wrong?”
The black mage gasped.
“They are. But, only for the summon of an Archdemon when the fell beast refuses to heed the call!”
Tempesta growled now.
“We cannot let such a fell beast enter this world, Tyler. It does, the land will suffer as I myself will have to fight it.”
Tyler smiled.
“In times like these, it is a good thing I have a goddess for a hot wife. Malico.”
The cat laughed as she placed Minus’ scroll on the desk. It sighed happily.
“What can I do for you love?”
Tyler smiled.
“We got an idiot looking to set an archdemon loose in the world.”
The scroll gasped.
“We THOUGHT something has been feeling weird in the lower realms! The archdemons have been more…offended of late. I shall make inquires of a friend.”
“Love you, Minus.”
“I do love you too.”
Tyler looked at a now nodding in awe Rolic.
“I got the Lover of Minus title.”
The men just applauded their fellow man as the scroll started speaking.
“Love.”
“Here.”
“There is a summoner trying to make a contract with the Lower realm rulers. The terms are he wants an archdemon to kill a dragon by the name of Leviathan for killing his wife at sea or something. The archdemons are refusing as a whole on the grounds that such a thing is both beneath them and doing so would incur the wrath of the upper realms. A grand arch demon is as to us as a kobold is to Tempesta. So, the summoner is searching for an archdemon that will heed his call.”
Tyler sighed.
“Are there any?”
Minus’ scroll smiled.
“There were. But, well, I had my friend Atrocity pay a visit to their realm.”
There were a round of gasps as Tyler tilted his head.
“Atrocity is?”
“My older sister. Her sphere is war, chaos, and wild destruction. I told her the archdemons have a mortal looking for a fish with a baited hook, and so she reminded them why she’s known as the realm queller.”
“Nice. Should I be scared?”
The scroll laughed fondly.
“No, love. Though she does want to meet you.”
“Oh. Okay. I’m not scared then.”
He smiled.
“Nope. I am fuckin terrified.”
The room burst out laughing as Tempesta addressed the scroll.
“The summoner, Minus, what is the upper realms ruling on him?”
The scroll smiled again.
“his next summon will backfire, and he will be dragged into the lower realm by a Demon of Domination.”
Tyler chuckled darkly.
“A Demon of rape. Scary.”
Tempesta nodded approvingly.
“Indeed. He will suffer for his hubris. Okay, that’s one problem solved.”
Tyler ran a light finger on the scroll, making it sigh happily.
“Thanks Minus. Love you.”
“I love you too.”
HE gave the scroll back to Malico, and she rubbed her breasts on it again making the thing laugh, before putting it in the pouch again. Tyler looked at the dragon.
“Okay, now we just clean up the mess.”
Rolic nodded.
“Agreed. My country will be clean by morning.”
Ishtar looked out a window.
“As will mine. Looks like Tyler has saved my people yet again.”
Rolic laughed.
“And mine. I’m laying the credit for this feat at his own.”
Tempesta was in agreement.
“As am I. he has stuck his neck out to protect Leviathan herself now. She will most likely wish to meet you herself now.”
Tyler smiled.
“We’ll be doing jobs tomorrow all day long. She wants to drop in she’s more than welcome to, long as we’re not in a fight that is.”
The lord of blue nodded.
“I’ll pass the word along. I must get back to the hunt.”
“Later big blue.”
The dragon was gone and Tyler passed the blue coin to Rolic.
“That can reach me, Ishtar, Queen Willow, Tempesta, or Lady Seline of Raylik. Just say the name of who you wish to speak to aloud to the coin.”
Rolic laughed as he held the item.
“A wise decision. No one else knows of these, right?”
“Not a soul. I had a crystal palmed when I called Ishtar on the street.”
Ishtar nodded approvingly.
“A secret network not a soul knows about but us. His network is better made then my own.”
Tyler crossed his arms now.
“Okay, Erica, what’s your strength at?”
She passed him her HUD and he nodded.
“Okay, another all rounder like me. We needed another. Gear?”
She smiled widely now.
“I have a high dragon scale longsword, Magicite vest, and greaves of the metal as well.”
Tyler nodded.
“We’ll see Burlock and get you a scale vest as well as greaves.”
She laughed.
“Of course you have more scales.”
He looked at her anew as she stood to go change. Queen Erica had dark blue eyes, maroon hair, pale skin, and was as tall as Tyler was. Her bust was large like Malico’s, and in age she appeared to be in her late twenties. Ishtar smiled as she left.
“You have formed a fine party.”
Tyler chuckled.
“And it’s still growing. I’m betting gold Eri joins as well.”
Ishtar burst out laughing as kaori snorted. Lyrica laughed as well.
“Knowing that lunatic? Hell yeah.”
Kaori hugged him.
“Will you really let her?”
He held her tightly.
“Of course Kaori. She’s anything like you, she’ll ASK to join.”
She kissed him as Rolic spoke up.
“I’ll get back to it, lad. Will you visit me realm?”
Tyler shrugged.
“Sooner or later, Rolic. We have a trip to Cragspire after we visit Valsask, but it’s a definite eventually.”
Ishtar was surprised.
“Why are you headed to Valsask?”
“The mayor there sent word for aid via the guild news.”
“Ah, I remember now. Rolic, if you have nothing further, I need to use the crystal.”
“I am content. If I need to reach the Outcast again I’ll flip a coin!”
“ha!”
The dwarf was gone and Ishtar tapped the red crystal.
“Sark.”
Tyler and Ashy smiled.
“Nice.”
“A classic.”
The crystal flared and a tall elf with silver skin was seen. The man bowed as he beheld the king.
“Your highness, to what do I owe this audience?”
“he can explain.”
Sark looked where the king indicated, and gasped.
“Tyler the Outcast? En honor sir!”
Tyler smiled.
“Nice to meet you Sark. I heard you needed our aid?”
The elf nodded.
“We found something in the main shaft we are not sure how to handle. Images.”
A set of ten magic photos were sent through the crystal and Tyler looked at them. The shots were of a chamber with a circle inside. Tyler sighed deeply.
“Have any miners entered the room?”
“None Sir. Soon as we found it, we evacuated the mine.”
“Was it buried completely?”
“It was. We found it when a miner hit a rock and heard an echo like a drum. What have we found?”
“A demon chamber, sark. Close that shaft outright. No one in, nothing out.”
The elf gasped.
“A demon chamber? By the gods, that shaft is a dead tunnel until you kill it. CAN you kill it?”
Tyler looked at the shots as Vixen came over. She looked at the shots and tilted her head.
“That’s a rare circle design.”
“Balor?”
“Demonlord. The next step in the hierarchy of the realms. Nowhere hear archdemon, but still powerful.”
Tyler smiled now.
“Sounds like fun. Sark.”
“Sir?”
“Have the town seal the shaft with a locked gate and a hot air warning sign. You know what hot air is right?”
The mayor of the mining town nodded smiling.
“I do Sir. Not a soul in their right mind would touch the shaft then. A clever deterrent.”
“And post guards for the other idiots that can’t read.”
That got a laugh.
“Will do Sir. Will you aid us?”
“Indeed, Sark. Much as I preach about not doing a job for those that they refuse to do it themselves, this is an exception as the job is just beyond you. We will clean the wave up, and swing south before we head for Raylik.”
Sark heaved a sigh of relief.
“I’ll seal the shaft at once. Thank you Sir. We can discuss payment upon killing it, sound fair?”
“Sure. Hey, outta curiosity, what DO you mine in the tunnel?”
“The Vale mountain is famous for it’s rich red steel ore deposits and occasional red Magicite.”
“Cool. Well, I’ll leave you to it.”
The elf nodded and the image died as Ishtar sighed.
“Least it’s not as bad as it could be. Miners find everything from old tombs to lost cities sometimes.”
Tyler shrugged.
“Well, least it’ll be killed.”
The door opened and Erica came back in. The queen had ditched her fur robe for a light tunic of light blue with tight leather pants that hugged her shapely legs and hips. She had her sword on her hip with a bow of red on her back with a sturdy pair of riding boots on her feet. Tyler smiled approvingly.
“Nice to see the queen looking halfway decent.”
She snorted.
“I’m getting there.”
Tyler looked at Ishtar.
“I got a newbie to kit out.”
The king laughed.
“Ya got a death wish. But have fun.”
Tyler looked at the queen and she smiled.
“Sure, I’m set.”
the party left the king to finalize the last bits of paperwork for the mess. Soon as the door closed, he sighed with longing and looked to where his own sword hung.
“Why DID I hang my sword up in the first place? And why didn’t I pick it back up after Sera and Lillia were of age? Now I’m missing out on going adventuring with them. I see why he doesn’t want to be king. It’s just a gilded cage.”
The king sighed with regretful longing as his wife and daughters went out to live the life he had forsaken, for reasons he could no longer recall.

Tyler was whistling as they walked as Sera and Lillia were all smiles at adventuring with their mother. Sasha the camp husky just padded beside Sera happily as she petted her as they went. Erica smiled at the well behaved girl.
“Sasha is very well behaved, Sera. Is she yours?”
The girl shook her head.
“Nope. She’s my new friend. Ashy’s her owner.”
Ashy smiled fondly as she explained.
“Sasha was my dog back in our world, Erica. She came here and we had to rescue her from my father.”
The queen gave the friendly husky a pat and got a lick for her kindness.
“At least she’s got the best of friends now.”
“We all know Sera wins this one.”
The party laughed fondly as they walked into Burlock’s smithy. The burly man was behind his counter as usual and laughed as they entered.
“Ya get back to the city fer five minutes and set it on fire? Ha!”
Tyler shrugged.
“I like fire.”
The smith laughed again.
“What’s ya need this time?”
“Need a new vest, bow, and greaves and bracers for the new girl.”
The man looked to see Erica looking at him. He just smiled.
“Good to see you Erica. I guess the chance to roam with your girls was too good to pass up?”
The queen nodded.
“It was, Burlock. I get to go adventuring with me girls!”
The man sighed.
“A shame it is I laid my sword down as well. I can’t pick it up either as the fire that let me swing it has burned itself out. But, that’s the way of the world. So, a vest, bow, greaves and bracers?”
Tyler had a thought.
“You wouldn’t by chance be able to work sapphires and rubies would you?”
The smith laughed heartedly.
“I can work any gem lad. A wily idea!”
“Then I need a red set of gauntlets, greaves, bracers, and shin guards for Lyrica, Sapphire vest, bow, ruby shin guards, dagger set of six blades, ruby boots, and gauntlets for Erica.”
The two ladies looked at him as Kaori laughed.
“See? When left to wander, his mind comes up the most terrifying ideas.”
Burlock did some number crunching.
“I need 50 rubies, Annnd maybe 50 sapphires of good quality for the order.”
Tyler placed a pouch with double the amounts with each gem three feet across. Burlock smiled.
“Quality. I forgot. Okay, this one will cost 989 gold, 78 silver, 88 coppers.”
Tyler placed 990 gold on the counter.
“I hate math.”
The smith laughed.
“Okay, since these be magic items all, I don’t really need precise measurements, as the things will mold to fit. I’ll have them ready for your morning raids.”
Tyler nodded.
“We’ll go grab a set for the morning.”
Erica blinked in surprise.
“You’re still working even with the wave less them 16 days away?”
Tyler explained as they walked.
“We are, Erica. We will keep going on raids until the ball, and until the day BEFORE the wave. If we rest we run the risk of losing our edge. Plus I need to see you in a fight.”
She gave him a fierce stare with gleaming blue eyes.
“Oh, you think I’ll slow you down?”
“Not at all. More looking to see how you fit in with our dynamic. You have the experience factor and skill using it to help us. I just need to see it with my own eyes.”
That got him a leer.
“So you ARE a man!”
Tyler laughed as Lyrica spoke up.
“Oh he IS a man, Erica. I played the same trick on him, and he had me glowing!”
“Well, Lyrica, when a beauty like you smiles, we ALL bask in YOUR glow!”
She kissed him for that as Erica laughed.
“A real ELOQUENT man! Oh. I forgot to ask, but your rules?”
She walked up so he could explain.
“1: as the strongest person in the party, I hold the coin. 2: no work no food. In my camp you pull your weight.”
“Trust me Mother, he’s a dick about it.”
“Mean.”
Erica patted Sera’s head as she looked back at him.
“The others?”
“3: in a town or village, we all share a room to save coin. When a bed calls, we get a separate room. The unspoken rules are simpler, keep our secrets, we do dark work from time to time, and don’t get on a high horse.”
Erica nodded.
“I see. Will you tell me these secrets when it’s safe?”
“We will.”
“Then I agree. They are more then fair. How does Loot sharing work?”
“Depends honestly. If we hit a cave and we find a bit of ore or a gem you like speak up. We try to split gems between members, dragon bribes and mansion funds. Coin is party coin with the exception of bounties you claim yourself. Or if you kill a tomb guardian alone, their loot is yours to claim. If we hit a trove with weaponry, we lay the gear out and go over it until we all get something we think we can use or want.”
Erica was nodding.
“Camp responsibilities?”
“Well, I set the defense spells and handle the planning, Wulf, Ashy, and Kaori handle the outdoorsy stuff, Kaori is our horse expert. Seriously, she knows horses better then anyone. As for the rest as long as you’re helping in some capacity we don’t really care.”
She smiled.
“You have a good crew here, Tyler. What about battles?”
“Of what size?”
“Say a camp of giants 50 strong?”
“That’s a mere training run for three members alone WITHOUT me.”
Erica was taken aback.
“I know YOU’RE strong, but they are too?”
“Yup. Look at the jobs we take and I think you’ll understand better.”
The experienced lady nodded.
“That’s fair.”
“Do you need to reup your guild status?”
“I do not no. As I love doing jobs for the guild.”
“Well, alright. For now I’ll pair you with Lyrica as you two are rookies in our party.”
The red headed devilgirl smiled at her old friend.
“They are hardcore.”
they walked into the hall and the guild hailed.
“Hail! Outcasts!”
“Hail!”
Tyler walked over to the board and nearly immediately smiled.
“I got another lisk.”
Erica came over as he pulled the poster down.
“Wanted: slaying of a green drakolisk. Reward 250 gold. Good start.”
Erica shook her head.
“How many raids are we doing tomorrow?”
“Dunno. Maybe 30? With eight or more per ride?”
Erica was shocked.
“That many?”
“Welcome to MY camp!”
“Tyler, got a camp of goblins.”
“goblins?”
He went from cheer to absolute HATRED in the blink of an eye and as he looked at the bill, his eyes started top glow green from the fury.
“MINE. 65 silver. Mine.”
He put the bill away as Lyrica and Erica walked over to kaori with fearful glances in his direction.
“What the hell was that?”
“I have never felt such hatred before.”
Kaori sighed.
“Lyrica, Sallie was killed by goblins. Erica, camp secret. And when we go after them, don’t watch. You don’t want the nightmares.”
Lyrica had a sad look now as the guild threw back mugs in honor of the fallen. Erica looked at Tyler with a pity in her dark blue eyes.
“I understand. They killed someone precious to him.”
Lyrica patted her friends back.
“You have no idea, Erica. Just wait until he says it’s safe.”
Tyler had forced the rage back down to keep looking at bills.
“Hey, Tyler. Got one for a camp of Hill giants.”
Tyler looked over as sera came bouncing up with the bill.
“Hills? I’ll have you test yourselves again.”
“Kay!”
Tyler looked at the bill.
“Wanted: giant camp, 5 gold. Good. We need more fights where we’re outnumbered.”
“Hey, Tyler. Got an odd one.”
Tyler walked over to where Lucy was looking at a bill. The 7 foot tall barbarian passed him the bill.
“Wanted: slaying of a tomb guardian in a cave on my land. Reward is the guardian’s loot. Wow, that is an odd one, Lucy. Good find.”
He added it to the pile as Wulf came over with two.
“I found another lisk bill, and one for another plains tyrant.”
“I love fighting Tyrants. Any toads?”
Wulf smiled widely and placed one on the -pile.
“Wanted. Slaying of a clan of Gigantoads. Larsh were also spotted in the group, so be warned. Reward is 5 gold. Good find Wulf. We just need more thunder toads.”
“They travel with gigans.”
“I like where this is going. The lisk has a reward of 200 gold as the Tyrant has 150 gold.”
Tyler looked at the bills thus far.
“Okay, we got two lisks, GOBLINS, a Tyrant, toads, and a giant camp. Plus the tomb guardian. I want a few more.”
Erica was a little intimidated.
“I know you’re all capable but this seems a little much for mere practice.”
Sera walked over giggling.
“It’s how we get strong enough to help him, mommy. We’ll be fine. Only real issue is the tomb guardian as we don’t know what it is. Rest are just pissants.”
“Atta girl Sera! You going for another lisk?”
“Hells yeah big brother! I’m hungry!”
The rowdy guild laughed as Lillia pulled a bill down.
“I got one for another golem.”
Tyler looked at it.
“Golems are good for Lily and us. Okay, reward is 15 gold. No one get pancaked please!”
“YOU are the only that nearly got pancaked! TWICE!”
Tyler laughed as Erica looked at Lyrica incredulously.
“He really IS ole Gru’s kid!”
the succubus laughed.
“You have no idea Erica.”
“Hey, Tyler, got one for a Oricah stronghold.”
Tyler looked as Lillia brought the bill over.
“A stronghold? Wanted, yadda yadda, 35 gold? Wulf?”
The ranger looked at the bill.
“A stronghold? We’re looking at upwards of 250 creatures.”
Tyler smiled.
“I LIKE this one. See if we can find two more like this one.”
Lyrica and Erica were taken aback.
“That’s a small army!”
“Are you outta your mind?”
The party laughed.
“He is.”
Kaori came over next.
“I found a Hill Gathering.”
Wulf chuckled.
“Those have 100 creatures.”
Tyler nodded smiling.
“We need these kinds of fights now. More outnumbered we are the better.”
Erica was concerned now.
“I know you’re all capable, but are you sure you want to fight at such a disadvantage?”
Tyler smiled at the queen.
“Reward for this is 40 gold? Nice. We’re practicing for the wave, Erica. Odds are we’ll be highly outnumbered, so we’re practicing against those kinds of odds. Practice killing, my defense spells, my other skill I can’t talk about in here, and easy training for the girls.”
The queen just looked at him.
“This is easy training? 100+ creatures?”
“Yeah, all they’ll have to do is stand behind my walls and lob arrows and spells.”
She got it then.
“I see now, you’re practicing their large scale battle skills on a smaller scale.”
“With the entire party backing them.”
Lyrica smiled as well.
“Easy kills, so easy points.”
“Plus it’s good fun to go rampaging.”
That got a laugh as Serafina came over.
“I found one for a Warg camp.”
Wulf came over now.
“Wargs?”
Tyler looked at him,
“They are?”
The ranger smiled.
“dire wolf riding orcs. A camp holds 75 pairs.”
“reward is 5 gold. Nice.”
Tyler looked at their stack.
“Two lisks, a Tyrant, a tomb guardian, goblins, a giant camp, an Oricah stronghold, toads, a Hill gathering and now a Warg camp. Oh, and a golem. Hmmm, one more and we have our first raid.”
The two newcomers jumped.
“This is just ONE raid?”
“What she said?”
Tyler chuckled.
“Yup. We’ll ride out, hit them back to back, come back to unload, rest the horses and catch our breath. Then the next set. Rinse and repeat till the ball and wave.”
The two ladies looked at each other.
“We joined a party of mutants.”
“And I thought GRUVEN worked hard!”
Tyler spotted another poster.
“Wanted: slaying of a Grand Wall. Reward is 50 gold.”
Vixen came over as Tyler took the poster down.
“A Grand Wall? Rare beast.”
“It like the cursed wall?”
“Indeed. Only far bigger and stronger.”
“Great. Another pancaker.”
Ruby came up now.
“A few of these have an Update.”
Tyler looked at her.
“What’s the precious gem’s word, Ruby?”
The guild just slumped as Ruby blushed, and Erica smiled widely.
“Oh he’s good.”
Ruby tapped the lisks.
“The green has been increased to 500, the red to 400, the Tyrant to 300, and the Grand Wall to 150 due to it having tore through a small village.”
“Injuries?”
The lady sighed.
“Many, sir. They sent out a cry for healers.”
“We’ll go there in the morning. I can’t really do much more today then bed Kaori the right way. Tell the village the Outcasts are headed to them in the morning.”
Ruby nodded and pulled a bill down.
“This is the request for healers they’ve put to the guild.”
Tyler took it.
“Needed: healers to the village of Yalisk. Reward is 50 silver plus a license. Is the village footing the bill?”
“They are. I know this village. They are a smaller one with not a lot to offer.”
“We’ll take it, and you get the coin back to them. The spell we’ll take though.”
Ruby smiled.
“Of course. I’ll get right on it.”
Tyler added the bill as Erica laughed.
“if Kazuma had seen that his whole argument would have been shot to hell!”
Tyler smiled.
“Kazuma is the kind of guy that needs to feel validated. If he’s not, he tries to ruin it for the other guy.”
“Oh and like you don’t?”
Tyler looked over to see Kazuma walking over to the board from the door.
“Well, well, look what the cat dragged in.”
Ashy laughed.
“I loved that song!”
“I got their entire best hits collection.”
That got him a hug.
“Trail?”
“Trail.”
Erica tilted her head and opened her mouth to ask,
“We’ll show you later.”
She got it then.
“I really need to get brought up to speed.”
Tyler chuckled as he looked at the board.
“We have a few things we can show you in the wing. Some I’m afraid are just a little TOO sensitive.”
The queen understood.
“I see. You have quite the mysterious party, Tyler.”
“But the most fun!”
Ruby came up now.
“I’ve sent the coin and word you’ll be visiting the village on the morrow, Tyler.”
“Thanks Ruby. There anymore calls like this?”
She looked at the board and pulled one down.
“This one here is a call for healers from a town a stampeding group of Plains Striders tore through. The bill to hunt them is here as well. Payment for the call is 50 silver and the striders is 10 gold.”
Kazuma snorted.
“Like Tyler is that kind of person to just ride to ANYONE’S aid so cheaply. Watch. He’ll demand double.”
There was now a dangerous aura in the hall as a red dagger came flying out of the gathering to narrowly miss a surprised Kazuma by inches as Tyler laughed.
“Nice to see I got a follower!”
Erica and Lyrica were utterly confused as Whisper the were tiger came out to confront Kazuma.
“Boy, Tyler is the most generous of healers OUT there. He has NEVER ONCE taken payment for using his healing spells on ANYONE besides a room for his party of Elirch at his inn. And he STILL paid the man and his wife a good 50 times the usual rate just because he can. Tyler killed a drakolisk and DONATED a good 75% of the meat to the town of Raylik just to give the children there a taste of a king’s feast. He has gifted a town girl truly priceless treasures of a kind I can’t talk about here, he has repeatedly gifted coin in the thousands to the betterment of my home, and has even let the family of Elirch live in his mansion as he and his party roam. Price? They clean the place. Payment for the aid? 300 gold upfront when he leaves. On return? 400. Whether he be gone a day or a year. He has JUST refused payment beyond a spell to go aid a village in similar straits. You need to leave this hall, as one without honor such as you has no place among adventurers.”
Kazuma just looked at her in utter disbelief.
“are you sure we’re talking about the same guy here? Tyler refusing payment for anything? HELPING people freely? That’s not who he is. I bet you’re saying this just cause you slept with him.”
The guild hall got up then as Whisper’s yellow eyes started to glow green as her anger was on the verge of triggering her shift to tiger. Tyler saw this placed a hand on her shoulder.
“Easy, Whisper. Not the place for fangs.”
The were tiger took a huge breath in and when she let it out her green glowing eyes returned to her normal blazing gold. She looked at him gratefully before confronting Kazuma. The boy was now faced with several of the higher ranked adventurers as Erica stepped forward next to Whisper.
“Kazuma. I will vouch as a witness to Tyler forgoing the payment.”
Sera and Lillia stepped up as well.
“I will personally vouch for the other deeds Miss….Whisper, right?”
The blue haired lady smiled at Lillia.
“I be Whisper.”
Lillia smiled.
“Sorry, we’ve never been properly introduced. I’m Lillia.”
Sera smiled.
“Sera!”
The were tiger laughed as Lillia took up her thread again.
“I will personally vouch for the deeds lady Whisper has spoken of. Plus many more. Tyler has healed without reward countless people.”
Sera glared at Kazuma as well.
“Tyler is mean and nasty. But he always helps out when needed. I too, will vouch for them.”
Tyler spotted another bill on the board he liked the look of, as he was just done with Kazuma’s crap.
“Huh. Got a bill for another Diadore. Reward is……45 gold. Well, that rounds out the hunt.”
Kazuma was just disgusted by this.
“You’re not going to defend yourself or even help those that are standing up for you?”
Tyler just chuckled now.
“I don’t NEED to defend myself to you. They’re standing up for THEIR honor you just insulted. They know I don’t care what people think of me. Fact you calling ME out when YOU’RE in trouble from your own words just proved to them why you came in here period. Dude. Get a life. You’re not in here for a job or to be of use to anyone or even get a mug of ale, no. YOU’RE just in here to try to continue the argument YOU lost. Oh, hey Wulf, some point tomorrow I’d like to get me foot in the door in the markets.”
Erica smiled.
“I can do that as they be good fun.”
“Sure. We need to let Wulf rest between raids as he’s our only true guide out there.”
Wulf chuckled.
“I appreciate the thought.”
Tyler patted the elf as he looked at Kazuma again.
“You’re just mad I didn’t give you the validation you so desperately crave. I don’t NEED validation from anyone other then Kaori. You just can’t handle this as validation was the only thing you had.”
Kazuma scoffed now.
“You get the validation from her in bed. Only kind YOU care about-arrtgh!”
Tyler hit Kazuma in a blind rage now, as Kazuma had hit the one nerve Tyler had: he’d insulted the love he had for her. Tyler hit him right in the vest and the force launched him into the wall of the hall, thirty feet back with such force he was buried in the stone like a snow angel. Tyler was moving like a hunting tiger as Kazuma dropped to the ground coughing up blood from the force of the blow. His scale vest taking most, but not all the force of the shot. Tyler’s brown eyes were red with rage as Kazuma got up to confront the angry man.
“See? You’re just a bully that can’t handle the truth.”
Tyler wasn’t listening as he pulled his Sgian Dao out. As soon as the blade was seen by his party, they moved AWAY from Tyler as he walked towards Kazuma as Kaori walked over and placed her hand on Tyler’s shoulder.
“Please, Tyler? Let it go.”
Tyler looked at her, and the rage fell from his eyes like a red mist as he sighed.
“I hate people like him. Alright Kaori. I’ll leave him unskinned just for you.”
She smiled at him.
“Thanks. Been a while since I’ve seen you THAT pissed.”
Tyler looked at the dent in the wall and looked at Ruby.
“Sooo, the wall?”
She looked at it as a dwarf from the guild walked over to inspect the damage.
“Me opinion? We’d need to replace the wall. Ya hit hard laddee!”
“Cost?”
“Maybe 450 gold? All told?”
Tyler pulled a pouch of 900 and gave it to Ruby.
“Sounds right. Sorry for the renovation. But hey, maybe ya can get that one there a mask! The ladies’ll thank ye!”
The rowdy guild burst out laughing as the man that was the butt of the joke cracked up too. The dwarf that had inspected the wall came over and took the pouch from Ruby.
“I’ll go see ole Bark at the yard. It be upgrade time for the hall!”
Tyler chuckled.
“Bark? Ha, tell em we’ll most likely have more stone for him by tomorrow!”
The dwarf smiled.
“Aye lad, thankee kindly.”
Tyler looked at the stunned Kazuma as he processed what he had just witnessed.
“You just gave them DOUBLE to fix the damage YOU caused? Freely?”
Tyler shrugged.
“I like this place. The rabble’s good fun and works good too.”
Ruby and the other adventurers banged mugs and fists in recognition of his words. Tyler sheathed his torture dagger and looked at his bills.
“Okay, two lisks, another Tyrant, a wall thing, a tomb, goblins, a stronghold, a gathering, a camp, two villages, and a Diadore. Oh, and those riders and striders. Outcasts, we got our hits. We’ll rest for the night as tomorrow we got a lotta work to do. Oh! I forgot!”
Tyler walked over to a recoiling Kazuma and pinned him to the wall as he tore the whistle from his neck.
“Yer not an Outcast anymore. And NO. yer not gettin back in period. So, ya don’t get a rally.”
Tyler walked over to Erica.
“Here, your new toy.”
The queen smiled widely.
“A clever trick.”
“right?”
Whisper was still glaring at Kazuma as Tyler patted her back fondly.
“How’s Melly loving the rich life?”
The Were tiger laughed.
“She’s loving it. We see her on the tower balcony all the time. Or just practicing with that spear you gave her.”
“I hope she’s careful in the tower.”
Whisper smiled fondly now too.
“Seline had another crystal put in the mansion to prevent a fall. She placed it on your desk so you can hide it when you get back.”
“I fuckin love them. Give them a hug next time you see em, and tell Melly I said hi.”
Whisper hugged him.
“Aye. I’ll do that.”
Tyler sighed and took the bills.
“Well, we’ll leave him to ya. This be more a guild issue then my issue at this point.”
Ruby nodded.
“Indeed it be Tyler. You never bothered to ask the guild rules as you just do jobs and get paid, but there are a few rules.”
Tyler chuckled.
“I see I missed a step. So, Ruby, what are YOUR rules?”
The others laughed as Ruby nodded to the job board.
“When you take a job from the board, you are to complete it with honor and integrity. Basically, don’t cheat your fellow adventurers. Your party has a most fair way of loot divvying I’ve seen in a long while. 2: in the hall, if you open your mouth you best be prepared to face the consequences of your words. Like I’ve heard some Warriors say: put your money where your mouth is. 3: if you are attacked by a billed creature or creatures and successfully defeat them, the guild shall oversee a deal being struck in the event of the bill having been taken. 4: honor and respect above all. You do not have to like the others in the halls, but as you are all adventurers in the same guild, if you disagree or need to settle an argument permanently, every member has the right to trial by combat. The challenger can dictate the terms of the duel and the challenged the rewards or ramifications of the loss. In these events, the entire guild bears witness and the loser is then sworn to a Guild Oath to uphold their end of the bet. They break this oath they get a bounty and the title Oathbreaker inflicted upon them as well as getting cast out of the hall.”
“Tyler! I challenge you before the guild!”
Tyler sighed deeply as the rest of the party groaned hard. Kazuma had drank a potion to heal his wounds. Whisper looked at Tyler’s condition and so did the entire guild. The were tiger was horrified.
“What HAPPENED to you?”
Tyler was still slightly shaking from exhaustion from his battles and the mass of spells he had to cast to both fight and clean the city. Even after his short nap he was still on the verge of dropping. Tyler pulled up his HUD and passed it to Whisper.
“I had to fight some hard battles TODAY, Whisper. These are from today.”
Whisper took a look, and just went white.
“7 lich kings? In ONE day?”
Kazuma was smiling smugly now.
“So, Tyler? Do you accept?”
Tyler sighed.
“I don’t really WANT to. But Kazuma? You are SERIOUSLY pissing me off. Oh, and that trick you had planned? The ability? If you play that card here, I’ll use THAT.”
Kazuma snorted.
“Whatever. The terms for this fight are YOU bare handed and bare chested against me with MY gear. No skills or spells for you, but ALL my tricks for me.”
The guild was horrified as Tyler just pulled a potion of vitality.
“No potions for you either.”
“Of course.”
Tyler put the thing back as Ruby looked at Kazuma.
“Win or lose, Kazuma, you are cast out of the hall for such an honorless battle.”
“That’s who Kazuma is Ruby.”
Tyler passed all his gear to kaori who was shaking her head in disgust.
“Dammit Kazuma. You have lost your damned mind.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Nah. He’s just jealous I got it all and he’s got nothing.”
Tyler removed his shirt and his scars were seen. The hall gasped in pitied horror as Tyler chuckled again. He pointed to three.
“These are from the first lisk me, Kaori and Malico killed. Rest from me family. They didn’t like me very much.”
Kazuma snorted as he lifted his shield and spear up.
“No wonder they didn’t. You’re just an arrogant, evil, heartless monster.”
“Yet you challenged ME to fight YOU bare chested and empty handed with you fully armored and armed. Yet I’M the monster? Oh, and the stakes of your loss. I win, just leave us alone. Okay? You never stand before our party again unless we meet on the trail, the palace or some other crap I don’t have the patience to list.”
Kazuma curled his lip in disdain.
“I win, YOU hand everything you have, your coin, spells, party, women, the lot, to ME. And you NEVER see them again. EVER.”
Tyler just sighed as the others laughed.
“Tyler loses, we’re still going with him, ya freakin idiot.”
Sera laughed.
“Outcasts for a reason.”
The hall roared.
“hail! Outcasts!”
“Hail!”
Kazuma just snorted.
“See? No honor either to accept a fair challenge.”
“Kazuma, you can’t FORCE people to like you just because you have a fancy title or deeds. But, I’m wasting my breath and time. If you want to do this so fucking badly, hit me with your best shot.”
Ruby pulled a black coin out of her pocket and flipped it up. Tyler was completely relaxed as the coin hit the ground and Kazuma used a spear skill.
“Rapid lunge.”
The boy shot forward like a cannon blast as Tyler sighed. He dodged the initial thrust and Kazuma used the moment of movement to smash Tyler in the chest with the hard edge of his gauntlet to knock him back a step. The bare chested boy just dusted his bruised chest and kicked Kazuma in the side. The shot knocked the boy into the wall again. Tyler looked at Ruby.
“I’ll pay for the damages.”
She sighed.
“Thankee kindly Tyler.”
Kazuma came out enraged and tried to stab Tyler with his spear, but Tyler just dodged every thrust the boy made like it wasn’t moving.
“Flaming embrace.”
Tyler was engulfed in red roiling flames as Kazuma laughed.
“See? I win. He’s nothing without his fancy toys and tricks.”
“Hey, idiot. You DO remember what my paths are, right?”
Tyler was utterly unharmed as Kazuma gaped at him.
“I set you on FIRE! You just forfeit the match! I said no skills or spells!”
Lyrica explained with disgust in her warm voice.
“Idiot. Tyler’s a white path as well as blue. You have a white/red combo. White path spells CAN’T be used against fellow white paths.”
Tyler looked at the succubus.
“Why is that, actually? I wanted to ask back then, but we were in a hurry.”
Lyrica smiled warmly now, and explained in a happy tone.
“White path spells draw their power from the good side of the soul. So, if you try to use a GOOD piece against more GOOD…”
“It just gets absorbed. I get it now. Thanks Lyrica.”
“You are most welcome.”
Kazuma just looked at her,
“Yet he hit the white path with that spell of his.”
Lyrica was right back to disgusted disdain.
“Holy Sanctity is a White spell for fighting doppelgangers. The dome works in the spirit realm, where the creatures true forms reside. Plus, the spell hits the TRUEST path of a target, and since a doppelganger is a pure black that pretends to be other paths, it hits them just the harder.”
Tyler tilted his head.
“Now I have another question, Lyrica, but after.”
“Love you too.”
Kazuma just stabbed at Tyler again as Tyler dodged his shots as Lily laughed.
“Tyler TAUGHT me how to shield, ya really think ya can touch him?”
Kazuma smiled and threw a vial on the floor. Suddenly the floor a good ten feet in diameter was coated in slick ice. Tyler wasn’t moving as Kazuma still moved as on a stone floor as Vixen sighed.
“An Instant ice vial. It effects the floor around the splash zone and makes it as the slipperiest ice, while leaving the thrower unaffected. Useless.”
Kazuma lunged with triumph on his face as Tyler sidestepped yet again unaffected by the slick surface. The blonde boy just gaped at him.
“Fight fair ya damned cheater!”
“Dude, look down.”
He did and saw the clear cuts in the ice from the sharp treads in Tyler’s boots. Tyler sighed.
“We LIVED in a town known for this shit. You REALLY think I wouldn’t have a means to stay sure footed on ice? Me plan was more for running on rock but same thing.”
Kazuma growled in frustration as Wulf laughed.
“We’ll most likely be headed to a colder region anyway. So, overprepared as usual.”
Tyler danced around Kazuma’s latest attacks as the ice melted into steam, obscuring the Outcast’s vision. When the steam cleared, Kazuma had vanished and Tyler just sighed again.
“Invisibility. He’s THAT desperate.”
The guild hall was just appalled at this turn of events as using such an unfair advantage in such an unfair fight was nothing short of cowardice at it’s height. Tyler just shut his eyes and relaxed. He started moving as he dodged more attacks and shots like he could see them, and Serafina laughed.
“He’s a master of visualization. Or, he can fight blind if he has to.”
Kaori chuckled.
“Tyler grew up like this, Serafina. These clear disadvantages he is sadly all too used to fighting against.”
Kazuma’s potion wore off and he winked back into view and Tyler opened his eyes again. Kazuma was breathing heavily as Tyler was still relaxed. The scarred man tilted his head.
“Are you done?”
The blonde boy had a single vein bulge on his head, and pulled a black potion out now. Vixen gasped.
“That’s a poison cloud of nightshade’s touch! It will hit only the one he wants, and the only way to fight it off is with an antidote spell or potion!”
Tyler just sighed as Kazuma hit him with it. The glass canister shattered at Tyler’s feet and the cloud wrapped itself around him as Kazuma laughed.
“I win! I finally beat him!”
Tyler just shrugged.
“Another thing dipshit. My physical defense. That plus a few title boosts I have make poisons next to useless.”
Vixen laughed.
“Oh right, I forgot. He’s got the Forest friend title. That has an extra effect that renders all toxins in the forest useless against him.”
Kazuma was losing his mind as everything he did Tyler had an answer for, whether it be his insane physical stats, titles, or his foresight. Then Kazuma’s eyes narrowed.
“Let’s see you get out of this ya bastard! Balancer’s wrath!”
Tyler tilted his head at the name as Lyrica gasped.
“That’s an ability that forces the target to be judged by a Scale deity! It can only be gained through a boon for completing a task of the Scale!”
Kazuma smiled as a scale speared with two trays on strings.
“I got this from The god of the scale Levelus!”
Tyler tilted his head the other way now.
“really? What you do for him?”
Kazuma sneered.
“I had to kill like thirty bounties to get it. Plus the title Scale Ballast.”
Tyler frowned now and pulled up his list of titles.
“Scale Ballast, hmmm. Odd. I wonder if it’s JUST a bounty thing?”
Lyrica explained smiling.
“It is. Levelus is a God of Justice. As such, the bounty boards are a part of his sphere. He rewards this ability for those that do outstanding work with the boards. You got Scale Balancer so, since Minus is his pantheon Queen, he really had nothing to really offer you for your work. As far as the scale deities go, Levelus is not as high as the others.”
Tyler shrugged as he saw the number of bounties had hit 34.
“No biggee really. I like hunting these idiots, plus the coins good. So, good enough.”
The ten foot weighing apparatus finished materializing and Tyler looked at it.
“Wonder who it’ll be?”
A black light appeared as a woman in blood red armor appeared. She was as tall as Lucy, so 7 feet, had ankle length red hair that shimmered in an unfelt breeze, pale skin and a massive bust in her scale armor. She looked at Tyler with eyes that were literally on fire as she viewed his deeds and misdeeds. Tyler smiled at her.
“Atrocity?”
The lady smiled.
“Sadly not, Mortal. A very good guess and I am flattered by the comparison. No, I am Judge. Goddess of debts and punishment. I am the scale’s enforcer or, in the more extreme cases, the one that acts when the scale is in danger.”
“I see. Nice to meet you, Lady Judge. Is Atrocity a War goddess then?”
The lady smiled.
“She is indeed, Mortal. Atrocity rules the sphere of wanton destruction, rage with direction, and protective violence. Minus is the other side of her coin, as the Scale Queen rules fairness, justness, and logic.”
“Nifty family there. I think I’ll need to get a book to keep track though.”
She chuckled.
“I see Lady Minus did not lie about your sense of humor.”
“Tell I said hi if you see her before me.”
“I will Mortal. And good for her.”
Kazuma was just gaping at Tyler having a friendly chat with the goddess of judgement sent to test his deeds. The Goddess looked to the blonde boy.
“I am here. Let us proceed with the scale.”
Tyler leaned on a wall.
“How’s it work?”
The goddess waved at the scale.
“This places all your thus far deeds on the scale. Good on the right. Bad on the left. If the bad wins over the good, a punishment is meted out by the amount. If the good wins, a reward is also issued based on the amount. Let us start with the Caller of the Scale trial, Kazuma.”
The blonde boy smiled widely as his scale was loaded with gold on the right for his good deeds.
“Top THAT you heartless bastard!”
Judge then waved her hand at the left side, which had bad deeds. Kazuma was appalled as more bad filled the left side, and tipped the scale to the bad. Judge looked at the difference, and it was noticeable. She nodded.
“A Stripping of his Scale titles as well as the title Scale tipper.”
Tyler looked at the Goddess.
“Scale tipper?”
She explained as Kazuma went white as he was condemned.
“It means he has abused the Scale’s trust for his own gain. As such, the deities of the Scale will never look to his deeds again. An example is in banks or the exchanges, as they are under our sphere, their deals will be distinctively worse now as the title is seen during the transactions.”
Tyler thought this over.
“Me and my party have been getting a rather large amount of good deals during our visits to these places. Is that due to my relationship with the Scale, or just general practice?”
The goddess laughed.
“Most amusing Mortal indeed. The deals you have received are general practices. The Scale does not interfere as much as you thought, Mortal, but when we do we make a mark as you say.”
“Huh. Nifty system ya got here, Goddess.”
she laughed.
“We’ll start with your bad deeds first, Tyler.”
He shrugged.
“Kinda curious now myself.”
She gestured to the left and it filled with black ballasts and dipped noticeably. But, not as much as Kazuma’s had fully loaded with his good. Kazuma watched with a twitching eyelid as Judge then nodded at the amount.
“That is all for the bad deeds.”
Tyler blinked now himself.
“There goes my reputation as an asshole. Goodbye Demon and hello white knight bullshit.”
The guild lost it laughing, and so did Judge as Wulf was heard now.
“That! That’s what that feels like!”
“Wow, Wulf, I forgot you were here.”
The elf just flipped his hands smiling.
“Shove it ya jackass!”
Tyler chuckled as he looked at Judge.
“What now?”
She gestured to the right side and the scale nearly fell over from the sheer amount of good deeds Tyler had accomplished in his life. The scale was as far over as it could go, and more white ballasts were still being added as Kazuma just backed away in horror at the sight.
“No, that’s not possible, Tyler’s a heartless, vile, toxic person that only cares for himself. He’s no hero. He’s no hero.”
Judge waited till the ballasts stopped filling and nodded.
“I see. The results are clear. As such, the reward is ONE boon per Warrior in your party. And let it be known this is NOT enough to even MOVE his scale.”
Tyler had a thought now.
“Sooo, just to be clear?”
Judge looked at him now.
“Mortal?”
“Since my scale is so weighed down for good things, does this mean I’m set for a truly horrific tragedy?”
Judge laughed.
“No Mortal. This scale is for deeds ONLY. As for such things like blessings and tragedies, those revolve around the life you lead. For example, the other Warriors lead a life inflicting horrors on others, so horrors are inflicted on them.”
Tyler breathed a sigh of relief.
“I see now. A saying in our world is you reap what you sow.”
Judge nodded.
“Exactly. Now, these boons will be decided between you and Minus as they cannot be shown to others outside the party.”
“I understand. And I’m sorry for the mess, Judge.”
She laughed.
“Not at all, Mortal. Honestly, these kinds of trials are my form of entertainment. Plus I got to see Minus’ new Mortal Husband with my own eyes. Most impressive for her first Mortal Husband.”
Tyler smiled.
“She’s my first Goddess wife, so good Judgement all round!”
That made her burst out laughing as the other men just applauded his word play. Kazuma was as white in the face as he could get as he saw Tyler’s deeds laid out without anymore room for argument or denial. Judge looked to the blonde boy with condemnation in her fire eyes.
“Kazuma the Kind has been found the condemned of this Scale trial. As such, his punishment is a stripping of his titles of the scale, and the cursed title Scale tipper.”
She faced Tyler.
“Tyler the Outcast. You have been found the absolved of the Scale trial. As such, your reward is a Boon to be bestowed upon thee and your Warriors by Lady Minus when it is safe to do so.”
judge placed a hand upon the ten foot tall scale and the thing glowed a bright white before vanishing entirely. The Goddess then bowed to Tyler before up and vanishing altogether as Tyler looked at a trembling Kazuma.
“we done here? I got shit to do.”
Kazuma was jerked from his fear and lifted his weapons again.
“I am alone in seeing how you truly are. So be it.”
Tyler just sighed.
“Fine. Use it Kazuma.”
The blonde boy glared at him.
“Hero’s Stand.”
Kazuma started glowing as his abilities were boosted by his skill. Kaori nudged Ruby.
“I’d appreciate it if the guild didn’t mention their conversation about this ability period.”
The guild to a man swore an oath to not mention a word of Tyler’s hinted at ability. For his part, Tyler shook his head.
“idiot.”
Kazuma surged forward to hit Tyler with his boosted stats and spells. Only thing was Tyler just looked him in the eye.
“How’s it feel knowing you loved having your father inside your ass?”
kaori winced.
“Oh shit, Tyler’s DONE playing with him.”
Erica and Lyrica watched the party wide wince as Kazuma dropped to the ground horrified. The queen and Succubus Gulped.
“He weaponized that trick?”
“I’ll ask the specifics later.”
Kaori looked at the queen.
“This is Tyler’s OTHER trick, Erica. He can read your eyes like a book and see your mind like he WAS you.”
Ruby looked to the guild.
“Not a word.”
Another mass of oaths as Kazuma whined.
“You agreed NO skills!”
Tyler shrugged.
“Accept I already used this one on you. Before the mess. Yeah, I just need a mere glance most times. The rest the second glace does it. I looked into YOUR eyes for what? 5 full seconds? Let’s get deep.”
Tyler walked over and leaned on a wall facing the whole guild.
“Let’s start at the beginning, shall we? You wanted to rape Kaori yourself, and your father knew it too. Only reason why you never raided her bedroom was I was usually in it or in screaming range. So, you LET your father have your ass as it gave you what you craved: Pain and screams. You play the kind hearted white knight to mask the sadist you are, Kazuma. You’re more heartless then I am, and the Creature was made to just suffer. It wasn’t made to TAKE you pain for you, no, it was made as a manes to take MORE pain. Now, me. You’re jealous of everything I am. I had kaori as my best friend and it was clear she was head over heels for me. Fact I never saw it in your eyes just infuriated you to no end. Fact when I rolled up bleeding and in pain and she came running made you the more jealous as you wanted HER to run to YOU. Now, Lectis. We get here, and I save kaori from rape from the pope. You got arrested by the pope and found a fellow sadist in him. Yet, you didn’t join him as you saw an opportunity to become what you always wanted to be: the heroic white knight that gets the princess, the wealth and the pick of every beauty in the realm due to your dashing good looks and deeds. Yet, once you actually started to SWING the sword, you realized just how hard it was to do all that. So, when Ishtar adopted you it was a dream come true as now all you had to do was clean a single city up even though I had done the heavy lifting. You lost it when you try to claim the credit for the victory and the people laid it at MY feet instead of yours. Me being hundreds of miles away and not having set foot inside the gate making it that much worse. You got your pick of the beauties, but they moaned MY name instead of yours in bed as I saved them, YOU just rolled up after the blood. I wonder, yup. Those lays were NOT with willing partners. I wonder what I’ll find when we visit? So, as time went on and more and more of my feats reached your ears, plus the fact Kaori and I became full lovers just enraged you all the more. I have dragons as friends, I have wealth aplenty, the strength of ages and I run with princesses and a queen now. You have just your hand, your dream, and THAT’S it. You want to BE me. But, and here’s the thing Kazuma, you WILL NEVER BE. ME.”
Kazuma was curled up in a ball shaking as his deepest, darkest secrets were thrown out for all to hear. Tyler looked at a pale faced Ruby.
“Soo, how do these duels end?”
Ruby snapped out of her stupor.
“The victor is clear. Tyler the Outcast is absolved of the charges and is declared victor.”
“Can I have my clothes back now? Please?”
The guild laughed as he geared back up. Once he sheathed Oblivion on Oathkeeper on his back he smiled.
“There. Now that I’m properly dressed, we got a reward to claim!”
Sera and Lillia looked at each other.
“Oooohhhh, so THAT’S what he meant.”
“I feel stupid again.”
Ruby used her interface and Kazuma was both blacklisted, given the Guild oath title and kicked out. Tyler looked at the new hole and Ruby smiled.
“Another 450.”
He handed her 900.”
“Point taken.”
They laughed and Tyler led his party out of the hall with their bills as Kazuma was thrown out on his face. Tyler was looking at the bills again,
“Hey, tyler.”
He looked to see Whisper the were tiger come walking up. She got a kiss before smiling.
“I’d like to join your party. Kinda been wantin to ask, but jobs.”
Tyler smiled widely now.
“Sure, Whisper. What are you stats?”
She pulled her HUD up and he looked them over. She also smiled.
“I’m also a scout.”
Wulf blinked as Tyler looked at him.
“That like a ranger?”
The elf nodded smiling.
“Only the Vernillion version. Training is the exact same, but Scouts are more active fighters then the Rangers as we like to stay OUT of conflict.”
“Well, alright.”
Tyler looked back to the smiling lady for another good look over. Her eye were yellow and shown like gold, her hair was dark blue and it hung to her ankles like a mane of water, her skin was fair with a slight scar on her face from her were affliction, she was as tall as Erica and her bust was half a cup bigger then kaori’s modest b. Tyler then looked at Serafina.
“Issue?”
The Wraith threw her hood down and Whisper laughed.
“A wraith. Of course he’s got a Wraith in his party.”
The Were Tiger stood before the Wraith.
“I have no quarrels with the Fang.”
Serafina smiled and let her fangs be seen.
“I have no quarrel with the Stripes.”
The two cut their hands and pressed bleeding palms before looking at Tyler.
“We’re set.”
“Yup.”
Tyler smiled widely now.
“Whisper, we got rules.”
The Were tiger smiled.
“Oh this oughta be good.”
“1: as the strongest person on the team, I hold the coin. 2: no work no food. In my camp you pull your weight.”
Sera and Lillia chipped in as usual.
“Trust us Whisper, he’s a dick about it.”
“mean. So mean.”
She laughed.
“Any others?”
“3: in towns and villages we ALL share a room if possible to save coin. When a bed is taken, we get separate rooms.”
The lady nodded.
“Unspoken?”
“Keep our secrets, we do dark work from time to time and don’t get on a high horse.”
Whisper nodded once more.
“I have heard of the work you do, Tyler, so you know, I too do dark work as well.”
Tyler smiled.
“Good to know.”
“I agree to your camp rules. Now, loot?”
“Depends honestly. Coin is split between party, members, and mansion, but I hold it. When we find troves or other mass loot, you see something you want speak up. Same with most anything we find. Gems are tricky as we need to keep some aside for dragon bribes and the mansion funds.”
She nodded in agreement.
“Work around camp?”
“Just help out in some manner and we don’t really care. I set up defense spells, so, long as your useful we don’t complain.”
She smiled widely.
“I like the way you run camp. Our next move?”
“We’re headed to get our rewards off minus before we rest for tomorrows raiding.”
they started walking as Whisper and Tyler continued their discussion.
“I see. Targets?”
“Here. This is our first run tomorrow. What path are you?”
She took the packet wide eyed.
“Umm, I be a Black/Red with grey in the mix due to me Were.”
Tyler nodded.
“Preferred path?”
“No preference, more all rounder.”
Tyler thought it over as she passed the packet of bills back a little intimidated.
“This is just ONE raid tomorrow?”
“We’ll do three. At least. This is what we’re doing till the ball and the day BEFORE the wave.”
Whisper shook her head.
“I knew your party worked hard, but DAMN.”
They laughed as they walked into the palace. The party walked up to where Ishtar was talking with a boy in a black suit Tyler recognized as the leader of the gang thorn had been a part of. The King smiled as Tyler approached. The boy just looked at him with a shrug.
“Ya better be nice to Thorn.”
Tyler chuckled fondly.
“Inflict sera’s hug death on her on sight, gotchya.”
Sera gave the boy his own taste of hug death and he blustered.
“Hey, hey, hey! I need to breathe Sera!”
She giggled and hugged him again, getting more exasperated blustering as Ishtar looked at the Outcast.
“So. Kazuma.”
Tyler nodded.
“We talk here or this an office gimmick?”
The boy looked up at Tyler.
“Ah yeah, I fergot. Me name’s Axe.”
Tyler nodded approvingly.
“Nice to put a name to the face Axe. I’m Tyler.”
The boy shrugged. He was Sera’s height, slender of frame, with clear marks from his former life on the streets. He had sandy hair and light skin with dark grey eyes.
“You just barely in my book. I gotta go check on Thorn.”
“Hey, Axe. Ya got a path?”
The boy snorted.
“Silver.”
Tyler pulled a spare Silver dagger they’d found Sera didn’t want and passed it to the boy.
“Should help out in case of idiot.”
The boy took the blade and twirled it skillfully.
“Huh. Not as bad as I thought. Least ya know a good knife.”
The boy walked off twirling his new weapon as Tyler looked at Lily.
“I like that kid.”
Lily shrugged.
“Eh, he’s just barely.”
Ishtar laughed as Axe was lost to sight.
“He looks after his own like Tyler does. That dagger was a good idea.”
Tyler smiled as he patted Sera’s head.
“It was, wasn’t it?”
The king smiled.
“It was indeed. Now, we need to discuss something in the office.”
The party followed as Whisper looked at Kaori.
“I see this party has a few secrets.”
The blonde beauty nodded.
“We do, Whisper. We’ll tell you when we can, as Erica also needs to be fully brought up. Just not here.”
She nodded as they all took spots in the office. Wulf shut the door and leaned against it as Malico spoke up.
“The scroll?”
Tyler crossed his arms.
“We’ll see if Minus allows it.”
Malico passed the lightly moaning scroll as whisper laughed.
“Okay, he’s got a Goddess Wife.”
Tyler rolled out the scroll as minus was heard.
“Ishtar is allowed to watch the boons get bestowed. Oh, and Judge LIKES you, Love.”
Tyler ran a light finger ion the scroll as Kaori looked to a stunned Whisper.
“She feels it when we touch her scroll.”
She wacked Tyler as he teased her.
“And THIS jackass loves teasing her!”
Tyler laughed as he placed a warm hand on the scroll.
“So, Minus, what will you BLESS us with this time?”
The scroll shivered.
“I love it when you do that you me. The boons are ONE item from your world. Same as before.”
Tyler smiled widely as Ashy perked up.
“Our Movie collections please!”
Minus laughed.
“Those or THOSE?”
“Both.”
All three voices replied at once and the scroll smiled as three sets of crystals appeared.
“Add them to your other crystals. And, love? I love the things you can do to me.”
Tyler chuckled as Ashy looked through his collection.
“Damn dude. Yeah, I love it too.”
Kaori was smiling as well, with a slight blush.
“He has great taste there as well.”
Tyler was still thinking as Kaori took the spot.
“Is it possible to get our gaming collections back, Minus?”
Tyler and Ashy looked at the beautiful blonde with new love and awe. Then Tyler smiled.
“I forgot the barbie was a gamer.”
Minus was smiling hard now.
“I love these. No wonder you adapted so easily to Lectis.”
Another set appeared and Tyler tapped the list and scrolled, then he whistled in appreciation.
“Damn ladies, ya got some hardcore names here.”
Minus explained.
“Just say the name of the game, and the magic will make it fully playable and accessible no matter what platform is was on originally.”
“Game night?”
“Game night.”
Tyler looked at the scroll now.
“Well, I got YOU, Minus, blessing enough,”
The scroll sighed happily at this,
“I do love you too.”
“So, for me? My other show collection.”
The crystal appeared and Tyler added it to his other show crystal.
“That has all three collections you had.”
“I am deleting kaori’s dating shows.”
“You do and I’ll delete your anime.”
“Fair point.”
Minus laughed.
“Those shows are so fake.”
“So true.”
Kaori just stuck her nose in the air as Tyler ran another finger along the scroll.
“Thanks Minus. Love you.”
She was heard to purr.
“I love you too.”
Tyler passed the scroll to Malico, who rubbed her breasts on it as usual before putting it in the pouch. Ishtar was smiling with clear envy as Tyler and the two girls set the items into pouches.
“I am curious as to what you were talking of there, but I don’t really need to know the specifics. Now, Kazuma’s idiocy.”
Tyler sighed as he rubbed his eyes.
“what’s the call?”
The king just sighed.
“I removed him from the line of succession for that stunt. From what the knights said, he walked out the palace door and literally sat out of sight of the doors and followed you to the guild hall. There he watched from the open doorway as you worked and took bills. Only once you spoke his name did he make his presence known.”
Tyler shrugged.
“HE just couldn’t handle the fact I was the more loved.”
Ishtar nodded.
“Indeed. He believed that once I placed that crown on his head that was it, he would have the adoration of the masses. And he did have it, as you were far away making your legend.”
“Then I blew into town and he lost what little adoration he had to my outright worship. The fact I more or less ignored it just drove him up the wall.”
The king sat in his chair tiredly.
“Indeed again. Kazuma just wanted an easy live without putting the effort in to get it.”
“Dragul?”
The King lifted a piece of paper.
“I sent a few Scouts to talk to the council there.”
HE rubbed his eyes now as Tyler sighed himself.
“How bad?”
“Valdic Sharpspike still holds a position of power, per Kazuma’s intervention in his trial. He said the man deserved a chance at redemption, but in truth, it was so Kazuma and the little man could still play their vile games. This time in secret. The overwhelming cruelty and evil WAS cleaned up, but now random kidnappings were rampant and the leaders of the resistance helpless as to openly resist was to paint themselves the bad guy for opposing Kazuma.”
Tyler just slumped.
“We’ll visit Dragul too.”
Ishtar nodded.
“Agreed. Kazuma has been removed from power and Valdic imprisoned. I then placed the council in charge. They have asked to hold a new trial for Valdic with YOU present.”
“Because of my Warrior’s Council?”
“Yes. Also because you started the revolt, you are hailed as a hero to the Tail in Dragul. They also wish to apologize for their helplessness when Kazuma’s true nature was revealed.”
Tyler chuckled.
“They owe me nothing. I may be as uncompromisingly harsh as I am, but even I know that in some situations your hands are well and truly tied. If they were to revolt against Kazuma the ‘kind’ then not even I would really question their validness in doing so.”
Kaori sighed now herself.
“Nor me. I’d have asked you to look into it, but that would be all.”
Tyler rubbed his eyes.
“Dragul needs a visit, Valsask needs a demon killed, and we’re headed for Cragspire after the wave. Plus a break in Raylik for maybe two full days.”
Ishtar nodded.
“You have a busy few days.”
“Yeah. Was that it?”
The king thought it over.
“Yes, that was it.”
Tyler smiled and looked at Kaori.
“Good. Kaori’s been waiting.”
The party laughed. The group headed up to their rooms, Erica rooming with Sera and Lillia, and Whisper was crashing with Serafina. Tyler and Kaori walked into their room and stripped as Sallie and Sylvia shut the door. Kaori was sighing happily as he mounted her.
“I love you, Tyler.”
She bucked as he thrust with hie hand in hers.
“I love you too, Kaori.”
The lovers played for a while, the blonde getting her doses of night cream as she blew her own lid repeatedly. Then they lay panting next to each other as Sallie and Sylvia climbed up on their chests. Kaori snuggled up with Sylvia nestled into her bare breasts and rested her head on Tyler’s shoulder, as Sallie was comfortably settled on his scarred chest. She smiled as he pulled up his HUD.
“Never fails.”
“Love you too.”
HE hit the news feed.
“Today in Vernillion. The Outcasts are in the city. And they made a heroic entry at that, reader. This late morning, Tyler the Outcast led his party to Term in full battle formation as the other Warriors were camped outside the walls as they were not permitted entry. Max the rapist confronted the Outcast and words were exchanged. Well, reader, Tyler infuriated the bully to striking out at him with his steel sword. It didn’t work. Tyler snapped that weapon like it were made of twig, and then hero’s welcome was rolled out for him. Max tried to steal the outcast’s hard earned welcome, only for Tyler to display his Blue mastery with a QUARTER power defense spell Water Wall. Max and his followers were simply outmatched by this display of raw power. The rapist had tried to rush the knights of the Hero’s return, but Tyler had stepped in to both make a point, and aid them. He used the follow up spell Water fall, and it took Max and his followers to the ground while giving their poor mounts a much needed bath. Then the parade was back on as Tyler demonstrated his flames he loves the once as the walls were throwing roses. This display filled the area with the flower’s sweet scent, but his companions advised against another such display for fear of fire. The outcast loves showing off for the masses, reader, but thank the gods he’s not as reckless as some with it. Along the way, Tyler discovered a most tragic fate had befallen a treasured Husky friend of the Warrior Ashy in his party. The poor dog had been abused to the point of near death by the lady’s father, and Tyler would not stand for it. It would seem the master fo blue and White also has a strong grasp of the Brown, for he was able to heal the poor girl to peak of health with a most beautiful coat. Sadly, as soon as Ashy got her prized Husky back, Sera stole the fluffy Sasha out from under her as her new cuddle buddy. Ashy’s horrible father was given a horse dung face wash by Tyler before getting thrown a record distance of 400 feet. Sasha was then seen riding the back of Sera’s horse as the procession resumed moving. The Outcast has a flare for showmanship, as he used an ice spell called Azur Wave to send icicles skyward. The spell makes the shards burst into smaller shards, and the resulting effect was a large rainbow over the line. A most beautiful display to be sure. Along the path, the last encounter was with the Outcast’s vile family, and reader? He proved a point. His own mother cast a poison touch spell in her son’s face. A monster of a person to be sure, but it had utterly no effect as Tyler’s stats render him immune to such a low level spell. Then his siter cast a banned spell at him and that was that. The family was thrown into the dirt, the guard turned out and a fresh set of inspections carried out. The Warriors were saved by a decree from the king as they will die in the wave. The party entered the city, and Tyler once again displayed his kindness towards the children of the realm as he spotted an elven girl of the streets he had taken coin from in a time of desperation, which the small girl has absolved him of, as sometimes we must all do things we are not proud of to survive. Tyler made his past action right with a gift of no less then 25 gold coins from his own pocket to the girl. Well, that was not the end of the girl’s gifts that day, as the King has taken in the lass and her small gang of friends as maids, royal children and runners to the family. Those kids have endured enough says this writer. The Outcast then marched right up to the Palace and threw open the doors to the throne room like he owned the place! The King, Queen, and crown Prince Kazuma were waiting for him as a royal greeting. Well, Kazuma wanted to test the Outcast’s strength against his own. Kazuma being a great shielder and sword user to Tyler’s myriad of tricks and weapons. Tyler had the prince beaten in under a minute, reader. Then, Tyler sought to prove a point about his party, and had Lily of the Hammer challenge the prince as she too is a shielder. Well, Kazuma insulted the fiery lady by not taking her seriously as a fighter, and Lily made him pay for it with a mortal wound. We at the guild have this to say: do NOT make that girl mad. Tyler has since taken Kazuma under his wing for some much needed lessons on the ways of the world, and in this writer’s own opinion? The boy could not have found a finer teacher or party leader. Tyler has also proven to be a most capable adventurer in the bedroom, as his next recruit for the party was none other the legendary adventurer Lyrica the Succubus. That’s right ladies, Tyler the outcast won over Lyrica with his bedroom prowess into becoming his new sex slave, or in Succubus culture, his new WIFE! The beauties of the realm rejoice. Upon his successful recruiting, Tyler felt it most wise to grant an interview as to explain why certain Warriors still lived to Queen Willow. Her daughter Lily of the Hammer also took part to better protect the Outcast from her mother’s fire. This was their interview.

“Thank you, Tyler the Outcast, Lily of the Hammer.”
Tyler chuckled.
“Sure.”
Lily was sitting on his leg as she spoke.
“Wanted to say hi long distance.”
The lady began.
“So, Outcast. You’ve seen the other Warriors. Your thoughts?”
Tyler just snorted.
“Well, their gear’s shit, they’re shit, and max and his two butt buddies still live Willow. Lily here can kill them bare handed. And, I saw your last article. She prefers a short sword and shield combo. Plus, Ishtar has issued a decree to let them die in the wave, since they will.”
“Lily?”
She snorted.
“They suck. His sword was mere light steel from the waste bin. I can handle em Momma. Oh, and me hammer be fun an all, but I like the style of sword and shield Tyler taught me.”
The Outcast doesn’t mince his words, readers of Lectis. Lily doesn’t either. Plus, her if she’s learning to fight using TYLER’S ways, then gods help us all. I then asked him about his newest Outcasts.

“I see you’ve taken some new faces into your camp, care to explain?”
“Sure. Kazuma’s Kaori’s brother, so I kinda HAVE to keep him alive. He’s a hopeless optimist and is far too kind hearted to be left alone out there. Luckily he just needs a good kick in the ass to get it together.”
“I see you’ve even managed to recruit Lyrica herself for your party.”
“Never go wrong with a busty succubus. She’s got veteran experience now. Plus, is a powerful mage in her own right. The bed mate thing’s a VERY welcome bonus. Now I just need to get her AND you Verilica in the same pile!”
Lily laughed as well as I.
“Lady killer indeed. The dog?”
“Sasha’s Ashy’s friend from our world. Plus is Sera’s newest cuddle buddy. And like Wulf told me, you can’t really go wrong with a good dog. And Sasha is a very good dog.”
The Outcast knows how to build a party! When asked about her role in camp, Lily the Shield Elf had this to say.
“What about you, Lily? What’s your role in camp?”
She smiled as she settled back against him.
“I’m the camp smith. I handle the light repairs and easy forging over the campfire. I can work Malachite now momma. In a fight, I usually stay near Tyler as his longer blades complement me shield perfectly. Oh, and I’m winning me fight. He WILL be mine Momma!”
Tyler rubbed her hair.
“Still outmatched here. But you fierce so I’ll let it go.”
She just sighed.
“Prick.”
Readers, Tyler and Lily have a most interesting relationship. He loves her fire dearly, and has a most brotherly devotion to her as well. The force they must make on the battlefield is sure to be terrifying. I then asked how the wave preparation was going, and Tyler’s reply was confidence itself.
“Oh we’re set. Thing could start in five minutes and we’d walk out the other side without a scratch. Even with taking in two newbies and a fresh puppy.”
Readers, if TYLER is certain they’re ready for the wave, they won’t get a scratch. The pair had a last point to make before the end of the interview.
“Last bit? I hit Max and his party with a QUARTER powered up WaterWall/waterfall Willow. And it nearly killed em!”
Lily was nodding sagely.
“If I merely KICK him in the gems it’d kill him.”
Tyler and Lily were most generous in granting this interview, even if it were to appease an angry mother! Queen Willow was able to make a reply before this article was published.
“I see the Outcast remembers his oaths of vengeance. I must say I like this way of punishment. Lily is a fine girl, and Malachite? Already? She’ll be a great smith too! The sword and Shield bit is a surprise, but a good one to be sure. I’ll let you off me hook, Tyler, as long as Lily gets her due.”
The queen of the elves is a most fierce lady indeed. Tyler and his party are as we set this article to crystal out on a fresh batch of raids with the new party members, so, we at the guild eagerly await the feats they are sure to accomplish.”

Tyler smiled as he closed the HUD.
“The article in the morning is sure to be an interesting one.”
Kaori sighed.
“I’m sorry my brother was so stupid.”
He kissed her lovingly.
“I love you.”
That was all he had to say. The lovers and their spirit daughters settled down for the night and closed their eyes.
“Good night girls. I love you.”
They murmured a reply as they drifted off.
Sign up to rate and review this story