Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 41: Atalanta Attacks!

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Captain’s log, Stardate 57657.1 - We’ll be taking the Odyssey to the planet Mars

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: William Adama - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2022-04-11 - 1672 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 41: Atalanta Attacks!

Captain’s log, Stardate 57657.1 - We’ll be taking the Odyssey to the planet Mars later today and are making last minute preparations. This will be our first visit to any alien world. While there, our ship will receive many upgrades and repairs and the hands of the people who live there, the Borg.


Kobol Orbit - Cruiserstar Odyssey - C&C

“DRADIS contact!” announced Lieutenant Carter. “ . . .Colonial transponder . . . It’s The Atalanta! . . . . She’s launching Vipers!”

“Call the Admiral, see what’s going on,” commanded Captain Penelope Illyria.

“We’re getting a broadcast from Kobol on radio,” announced Lieutenant Sorbo.

“Put it on speaker,” ordered Captain Illyria. “I want to hear this.”

“This is Fleet Admiral William Adama to the Atalanta: welcome to Kobol.”

“You can’t fool us, toasters! This is for Picon!” replied Commander Korren, from the Atalanta.

“Radiological alarm!” announced Commander Moore. “They’re launching multiple nukes! Targets are: . . . the Tartarus, Zeus and and Polvo!”


Kobol - Athens - Starfleet Command - Situation Room

Fleet Admiral Adama looked at the holo-display of the various ships over Kobol. The Atalanta had jumped into the middle of them making it easy for them to be boxed in, but also making it possible for them to attack everyone. He switched from radio to subspace, so the Atalanta would not hear him.

“Tartarus, Jump to Bajor,” commanded Adama. “Don’t come back without my say-so. Galactica, launch Vipers, protect the other ships from theirs. Zeus, Pugita and Polvo, target their nukes and phaser them. Odyssey, I want you to move to a position from which you can shield the planet. Odyssey and Galactica prepare to use artillery to intercept their missiles if the phasers don’t get them all. Pugita, I want you to start transporting people from the Atalanta to our jail.”

“Sir, we don’t have that many cells,” pointed out Lieutenant Bamber.
“Right,” said Adama, before speaking into the microphone again. “New orders Pugita. There is a continent South East of Athens that no one has settled on yet. Beam them there, Start with the Viper Pilots, then C&C. Zeus, I want your Communications Officer to look into my mind, find the C&C location on a Mercury Class Battlestar and relay that information to the Pugita’s transporter chief. Put the inhabitants of their C&C in our jail cells.”

Kobol Orbit - Battlestar Atalanta - corridor


Juli ‘Steady’ Drajfus and Ray ‘Hot Stick’ Walston were walking the corridors of the Atalanta, trying to look as if they were on their way, somewhere important. They’d been doing this for weeks, living in constant fear that they would be caught or recognized. And while walking the corridors, they had heard things . . . that the Commander’s plan was to jump to where the ‘Cylons’, meaning them, had come from and jump there, guns blazing ready to attack. They were planning to attack Kobol! They knew it was time when the XO got on the PA and announced Condition One, just before they jumped the ship. Now, instead of walking around the ship, they had to run around in order to fit in. There was a musical tinkling sound as they dissolved. It felt like the Argos’ transporter. Except, it took half the time it should have.

Kobol - unsettled continent

They appeared in an open field, a meadow, with 100 other people. More people began appearing after them in batches of 7.

“What the frak!?!” yelled Lieutenant Polis, when he suddenly found himself outdoors on a planet.

More and more of the crew of the Atalanta appeared until most of them were there, Wherever ‘here’ is, all except the people who’d been in C&C. People were quite alarmed when they first arrived and tended to yell, attracting the attention of anyone was already there. The first opportunity they got, Hot Stick and Steady slipped away and into the nearby bushes. By now, so many of the crew had caught them sleeping in odd places that anyone who spotted them creeping into the bushes likely thought they were going off to fool around.

Once they were out of sight, Hot stick pulled his com-badge out of his pocket and activated it while Steady pulled her own com-badge out.

“Walston to Federation ship,” said Hot Stick. “Can anyone hear me?”

“Who is this?” said a voice from the com-badge.

“Lieutenants Ray Walston and Juli Drajfus” replied Hot Stick. “We infiltrated the Atalanta and got transported here with the rest of the crew. Can the Argos beam us out of here?”

“The Argos is not in this system,” replied to voice. “But we could bring you aboard the Pugita.”

“All right then, two to beam up,” said Hot Stick.

Once again they felt the tingle of being broken down and reconstituted. When they appeared, they were on a platform with seven circles. They were each standing on one. In front of them was the control desk, behind which was an octopoid looking creature.

“You must be a Medeusan,” said Steady. “I’m Lieutenant Drajfus and this is my partner, Lieutenant Walson.”

“I am Chief Jujać,” said the Medeusan’s voice from the device on his head as his body shifted colours. “Welcome aboard, Sirs.”

“Pleased to meet you,” said Hot Stick as he stepped forward, grabbed one of the Medeusan’s seven hands and shook it.

The Medeusan’s translator made and odd tittering sound and he turned completely blue for an instant before resuming his normal colouration with a little more blue than he had before.

“And I am very pleased to meet you!” replied the Medeusan. “I’d heard you Cylons were forward, but I didn’t think you’d hold my hand on first meeting.”

“We’re not Cylon Humans,” replied Steady. “We’re Kobolian Humans.”

“My apologies,” said Chief Jujać. “I still have difficulty telling the different four limbed races apart.”

Kobol - Athens - Starfleet Command - Jail

It took some time to transport all everyone from the Atalanta and its’ Vipers. Between the Talosian Telepathy and Medeusan sensors, they found every one of them. Then there were a series of after action reports to go over. A couple of lost officers had to be debriefed. Finally, it was time to talk to the command staff of the Atalanta. Adama proceeded to the Jail cells with a squad of MACOS and advisors. He hand picked who he would bring, making certain that all the member races of the Federation were represented.

“What the frak!” yelled Major Mirdahk when the saw the Medeusan MACO leading the procession down the hall outside the cells.

The group stopped outside the cell that Commander Korren and Major Mirdahk were sharing.

“Commander Korren?” asked Adama.

“One of your marines is a toaster!,” accused Korren, as he pointed at Ensign Jorje Two.”

“We’ve made peace with the Cylons,” replied Adama. “We’ve even formed a Federal Government that includes them as full citizens, also some other races we’ve met along the way.”

“Aliens!?! You consort with aliens!?!” yelled Korren. “You’re mad!”

Adama stared at him for 30 seconds before saying: “You spaced a couple of my officers.”

“I thought they were Cylons spies!” shouted Mirdahk, as he glared at Ensign Two. “And I was right!”

“We’re on Kobol,” explained Adama. “We’ve re-started our civilization here. Cylons have done the same with Caprica. We’ve formed a Federation with them and all these other people you see here. Each of them is a citizen of the same government we are. Believe it.”

“It’s all a trick from the Toasters!” yelled back Mirdahk.

“Here is what’s going to happen,” began Adama. “Those of you who are willing will get to spend a couple of days on leave here in Athens and another two in our other settlement, Sparta. Sparta is a Humans only community. But Athens is a mixed community of Humans and members of all other races in the federation, including the Cylons. In order to get this leave, you’ll have to each give your parole that you won’t cause trouble or attack our citizens, including both aliens and Cylons. After your four days leave, you’ll have a choice, either join our Starfleet where you’ll be given the equivalent rank to your current one, or retire from the service. On retirement you can settle on any Federation world you want: here on Kobal where we are majority Human, or the former Colonies, where they are majority Cylon, or even an alien world. Those who refuse to give their parole will be exiled to an unsettled continent, where your crew currently are. So what’s it going to be?”

“Four days leave? . . . I’ll give my parole and order my crew to do the same,” said Korren.


Fleet Admiral’s log, Stardate 57697.2 - The Odyssey has left for Mars to be rebuilt. The Tartarus has returned. The Bajoran sailing ship has returned to Bajor and three more, larger ones have left Bajor and started sailing towards Kobol. Another three are heading for Cardasia on a different subspace current than the one that flows from Bajor to Kobol. Of the crew of the Atalanta, 10% have chosen retirement. Like with the Odyssey, all the retirees chose to move to Sparta. One of the retirees was Major Mirdahk. In fact everyone who took part in the spacing of my two officers chose retirement. I’m keeping the Atalanta here at Kobol, where I can keep an eye on Korren. Other than the subspace transceiver, it’s not getting any tech upgrades.

One thing the battle made clear is just how vulnerable our unshielded ships are to transporters. Two our members Talos and Visalayan have developed the technology independently of each other. Chances are good that any hostile forces we might meet may also have the same technology. This makes our Base ships and Colonial ships very vulnerable against foes who are so armed.
Sign up to rate and review this story