Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Boomer's Ghost

Chapter 7: the aftermath

by selenepotter 0 reviews

the aftermath

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer,Laura Roslin,William Adama - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2022-05-06 - 1849 words

0Unrated
Boomer’s Ghost

I do not own Battlestar Galactica or the Waltons

Chapter 7: the aftermath

Battlestar Galactica - Tyrol Quarters

Fleet Admiral William Adama knocked before entering the private quarters of Sharon and Galen Tyrol. They rated these quarters because she was a married officer. Galen was an enlisted man and did not rate quarters of this size. Lieutenant Sharon ‘Boomer’ Tyrol was curled up on the bed with her hands covering her ears.

“Trouble with your imaginary friend?” asked Adama.

“He keeps trying to cheer me up,” complained Boomer.

“The Chief’s a Cylon,” pointed out Adama. “He’s probably out there somewhere in a new body.”

“Don’t you two see that that just makes it worse!” cried Boomer. “Cavil could be torturing him right now! If he’d died that would have been preferable to being in Cavil’s hands. And It should have been me! Al told me about how on the show, Cally shot me and I downloaded on Caprica. And after months of being around Cylons 24/7 I turned more extreme than any of the other Eights. Though, I just can’t see me doing that unless something pretty extreme happened. I think there must have been a fight between Galen and I that didn’t make it onto the show that made my character turn so extreme. But I could never see my self doing that no matter what he said to me.”

“I grieve for him too,” said Adama. “Tyrol is a good man. I hate to see him in the hands of the Cylons. But he’s gone and you’re still here. I wish I could afford to let you stay in here and grieve. But I need you back in the Raptor. We had an accident. 13 of our pilots are dead, 7 more are too injured to fly and the moment. Right now, I need every one of our pilots flying, no matter what is going on in their lives.”

“All right . . . I mean, Yes Sir!” replied Boomer. “What’s going to happen to Cally?”

“Well, on the show, she didn’t suffer any consequences for killing you,” replied the ghost.

“I’m not sure what to do,” replied Adama. “She would have been my first choice to replace Tyrol if something happened to him. But I can’t set a precedent of people getting promotions because they assassinated their superiors. I suppose I could send her to the Astral Queen.”

“Wouldn’t she be the only female prisoner there?” asked Boomer.

“Yeah, she would be,” confirmed Adama.

“I wouldn’t wish that fate on any woman,” said Boomer. “Not even the woman who killed my man.”

“I’ll put her fate in you hands,” said Adama.

“You said you were short of pilots?” asked Boomer. “Being a Viper Pilot is one of the most dangerous jobs in the fleet. She could easily get killed doing that. And if she doesn’t, you’ll have a replacement for one the pilots you lost.”


Battlestar Galactica - Brig

Fleet Admiral Adama walked into the Brig where he could see the Cylon Prisoners. John Cavil the model One had been put in solitary where the other Cylons couldn’t share information with him. But his old cell had the pair of Twos that had been caught after they blew the Galactic’s water tanks. The cell next to them had a black haired Three named: Lucy, a red headed Six, and an Eight with a purple Mohawk. The three Cylon women had be caught in the same sweep of the Fleet that netted them the Twos. Currently, Colonel Tigh was still in the process of interrogating them. The Cylon women were in quiet conversation while Cally Henderson sat on the floor in the corner watching them warily.

“Bring Crewman Henderson to the Interrogation room,” Adama ordered the Guard.

By the time Cally was brought into the Room, Adama was already sitting at the table, waiting for her.

“How have you been, Cally?” asked Adama.

“Well let’s see: murdered my best friend, while his toaster wife got away, and now I’m locked in a cell with a bunch of other toasters, who keep talking about how Colonel Tigh is the super special toaster!” cried Cally.

“Tigh’s status is a secret, by the way,” pointed out Adama. “If you go blabbing that around the fleet, you’ll be brought up on charges of treason.”

“Will ever be allowed to blab anything to the fleet again?” asked Cally. “Or am I going to spend the rest of my life locked is a cell with toasters?”

“It might be possible for you to leave the cell,” admitted Adama. “You know, you were my first choice to to replace the Chief if anything ever happened to him. But I can’t let people go around killing their bosses in order to get their jobs. So you’ll have to find another way to help the fleet.”

“How?” asked Cally.

“Right now, I’m in desperate need of pilots,” said Adama. “If you volunteered to become a Viper Pilot, I could let you out of the cell to do that.”

“Then I volunteer, Sir,” replied Cally.

“Not so fast,” countered Adama. “Your parole is conditional on you actually becoming a pilot. If you wash out, you come back here to your cell. Also, before you can even leave here, I’m going to insist that you apologize to Missus Tyrol for murdering her husband. And you have to mean it. If she’s not convinced you’re truly sorry, you’ll be staying here until you are.”

“I understand, Sir,” said Cally. “Can I have some time to think about it?”

“Take all the time you need;” replied Adama. “When you’re ready to face her, let the guard know.”


Battlestar Galactica - Brig - Interrogation Room

Lieutenant Sharon ‘Boomer’ Tyrol was already sitting at the table when Specialist Cally Henderson entered. The guard chained her to the table then left the two women alone.

“I’m told you wanted to see me,” said Boomer.

“Yes . . .” said Cally. “I . . I wanted to apologize for trying to kill you . . . for killing the chief . . .”

“He’s my husband,” growled Boomer.

“I know,” replied Cally, as she wiped a tear from her eye. “He was my friend. I didn’t mean to kill him.”

“You didn’t,” replied Boomer.

“I didn’t?” asked Cally. “But I thought . . he looked dead . . .”

“What you did to him was worse that death,” said Boomer through gritted teeth. “This is top secret, but the Admiral has authorized me to read you in. Galen is from Earth. He’s one of what the Cylons call the Final Five. They came from Earth and gave us human form in exchange for making peace with the Colonies. But they were betrayed by Cavil.”

“Brother Cavil?” asked Cally “The priest that turned out to be a toaster?”

“He’s a model One Cylon,” said Boomer. “He betrayed the Final Five, erased their memories and dropped them into the colonies. And when you shot Galen, his mind downloaded into a new body. Right now, Cavil is torturing him constantly.”

“But Brother Cavil is here in solitary!” protested Cally.

“There are many copies,” replied Boomer. “I thought you would realize that after meeting my other self.”

“So . . . I put the Chief in the hands of the Cylons who are torturing him?” cried Cally.

“Think about that when you’re in the cockpit of a Viper going up against the Raiders who will kill us all if you let them,” said Boomer. “I’ll tell the Admiral I approve your request to become a pilot.”
.
.
After Cally was escorted out, the other Eight was brought in.

I’m Sharon Tyrol,” introduced Boomer. “What are you calling yourself?”

“Sharon Valerii,” the Eight with the purple hair replied.

“How much of my memories do you have?” asked Boomer.

“Do you remember that leave you got, just after graduating the Academy?” asked purple.

“Yeah,” replied Boomer.

“You were brought in, you memories were copied and I was activated shortly after that,” replied purple.

“So what have you been doing with yourself all this time?” asked Boomer.

“I was supposed to become an expensive call girl, dig out some secrets from the leaders of Colonial society,” began purple. “Instead, I got trafficked and enslaved by a vile man. He had 12 women, one from each Colony. I was the extra one from Tauron. He used to lie and tell customers I was from the 13th Colony. When the pictures of Cylons started going around, he thought if he turned me in, the authorities would not look too closely at the other people no his ship . . . like the other 12 women.”

“Well the joke’s on him,” replied Boomer. “All 12 of those women have been rescued.”

“Thank god!” replied Purple.

“You’re a monotheist?” asked Boomer.

“I’m not that interested in religion,” replied purple. “But monotheism is the religion I’m not interested in practicing.”

“After what you experienced, do you hate humans?” asked Boomer.

“Some of them I do;” replied Boomer. “I hate the man who turned me into a sex slave and made me frak whoever he wanted for money that I would never get to even see. I hated some of the men who fraked me even though I was clearly not consenting. Some of them were down right painful to frak. Some of them were boring. But some, I really enjoyed. It depended on who it was.”

“Do you want to build a life here, like I did?” asked Boomer.

“As what? A whore?” scoffed purple. “No. I’d rather go back to our people.”


Battlestar Galactica - pilot recruitment desk

“Next!” called out Captain Lee ‘Apollo’ Adama.

An attractive brunet woman stepped forward.

“Name?” asked Apollo.

“Eris Evans.”

“Do you have any experience piloting?” asked Apollo.

“I’ve piloted Heavy Raiders a few times,” admitted Eris. “But since I’m a model Six Cylon, my strength and reflexes are greater than a normal Human. I have here my paperwork saying I’m allowed to remain here in the fleet.

“Why do you want to help defend this fleet against your people?” asked Apollo.

“The Cylons are not my people,” replied Eris. “My family is my people. And my family is part of this fleet. So I would like to protect them.”

“Alright, I’ll have to discuss this with the Admiral,” replied Apollo. “But if you can pass the physical, I say you’re in.
Next!”


Battlestar Galactica - Pilot Briefing Room

Lieutenant Kara ‘Starbuck’ Thrace was giving our call signs to her nuggets:

“From now on, you’re ‘Hotdog’, and you’re ‘Kat’ and you’re ‘Killer’,” Starbuck told Cally, before she turned to her Cylon nugget. “And you . . . . You’ll be Discord!”



Note: Some of my mistakes were made by auto correct, which changed a correctly spelled word to a different correctly spelled word which the spellcheck does not notice. In particular, It keeps turning ’Tigh’ to ‘Tight’
Sign up to rate and review this story