Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Boomer's Ghost

Chapter 6: Baltar’s fate

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Baltar’s fate

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Horror,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer,Gaius Baltar,Tyrol - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2022-05-05 - 2151 words

0Unrated
Boomer’s Ghost

I do not own Battlestar Galactica or the Matrix

Chapter 6: Baltar’s fate

The wedding of Sharon ‘Boomer’ Valerii and Deck Chief Galen Tyrol was a small ceremony conducted by Commander William Adama. The same was true of the ceremony where the brunette model Six Cylon known as Eris Evans started a Line Marriage with two of the five marines that had smuggled her aboard and before they were caught, used her as their own private whore. Being married, meant that both families got to move into private quarters.

It had been Boomer’s idea that she and the other two Cylons that were allowed to return to their lives have people discretely following them at all times. She was glad of that, as it meant that the Commander KNEW that she was not the one who had blown holes in the Galactica’s water tanks this time. And like in the future that Al told her about, Boomer was the one to find a moon with frozen water on it.

But this time, they evacuated the guards first and gave the prisoners control of the Astral Queen before they asked them to help mine the ice.

While the Fleet was replenishing its’ water supply, a military court was moving forward with the trial of Gaius Baltar. He was quickly convicted.

Battlestar Galactica - airlock

“Where are you taking us?” demanded Baltar, as several squads of marines drug him along with D’Anna Biers and Shelly Godfrey to the airlock.

Tigh ignored Baltar and addressed D’Anna: “You’re being returned to your people. Since we don’t have any other way of sending you home, we’re spacing you so you can download into your new bodies back with your fleet.”

“I understand,” said D’Anna. “And once again, I would like to apologize for what we did to the Final Five. My only excuse is that our memories of your true identities was erased too. We’re as much victims of the Ones as you are.”

“I still think you are foolish to believe anything he says,” added Godfrey. “I think this is all just a pack of lies designed to sow dissension in our ranks.”

“What about me?” begged Baltar. “I’m not going to download into a new body. I’m not a Cylon!”

“No, you are something worse,” said Tigh as he finally deigned to address Baltar. “You are a traitor that allowed an enemy agent access to the Defense Mainframe, dooming us all. That’s why you are being executed along with your Cylon pals.”

“But I didn’t know she was a Cylon!” protested Baltar. “Please! You can’t do this! I know I was stupid to let her into the Mainframe, but stupidity shouldn’t be a capital crime. Please!”

Baltar’s pleas were cut off when he was shoved into the airlock along with D’Anna and Godfrey and the door closed, sealing them in. The two women were calmly accepting their fate as Baltar continued to make silent appeals through the window on the door. Tigh pushed the button that would open the outer door and the three of them were swept out of the airlock by the blast of air within escaping into the void. Once it was done, Tigh closed the outer door again, the walked to the nearest wall phone.

“Get me C&C,” Tigh told the operator. “ . . .It’s done. You can go ahead and jump.”


Colonial One - Press Room

“Ladies and gentlemen, I have a few statements to make,” began President Laura Roslin. “It has been discovered that the reason for the computer malfunction that allowed the Cylons to destroy most of the Colonial Fleet and destroy the Colonies was that Doctor Gaius Baltar allowed a Cylon agent access to the Defense Mainframe. While we were mining the ice to replenish our water supplies, a trial was held for him and he was convicted of gross negligence and treason. This morning, just before our most recent jump he, along with a couple of Cylon agents were executed.
Also, Since Commander Adama is the supreme military authority in this Fleet, I have decided to grant him the rank of Fleet Admiral. This should help with any confusion should we encounter other Colonial forces that have survived.
Are there any questions?”

“President Roslin, you said that Cylon agents were executed this morning,” said Jim McManis. “How did the Cylons infiltrate the Fleet without getting noticed?”

“I’m glad you asked that, Jim,” replied Roslin. “The Cylons are able to move amongst us because they have developed human form. They look like us now. Fortunately, they only have seven models and we know what they all look like. Later today, my office will be releasing pictures of the seven models of Cylon. It’s possible that there are still Cylon agents within the fleet. These Cylons can be extremely dangerous. At the same time, we don’t want anyone falsely accused. Anyone who suspects they have seen a Cylon agent should not seek to apprehend them, themselves. But, instead, should report the sighting to the Galactica so that forces can be dispatched to safely bring the Cylon into custody.”

“Madam President, Colonial marines have arrested one of my colleagues, D’Anna Biers and she hasn’t been seen since. Is the military trying to muzzle the press?”

“No the military is not attempting to interfere with the press, except when the security of this fleet is at stake,” replied Roslin. “When we release the pictures of the seven Cylon models, you will see that D’Anna Biers is one of those models. She is a Cylon agent and if you see another version of her within the fleet, please report it immediately.”

“Where is D’Anna Beirs now?”

“She was one of the Cylon agents escorted out the airlock this morning,” replied Roslin. “However this was not an execution. “The Cylons have the ability to download into a new body if their current one is destroyed. D’Anna Biers is safely back with her people, the Cylons, in a new body. It is because of this resurrection ability that it is vital that all suspected Cylons be reported. Once they download into a new body, they can tell the other Cylons where we are. So the Fleet has to make an emergency jump anytime a Cylon agent is killed.”

“Madame President, you made a reference to other Colonial forces. Do you know of any other Colonial Warships that might have survived the Fall of the Colonies?”

“Not at this time, Staci,” replied Roslin. “But the possibility, however remote, exists, of other Colonial survivors. We can only hold out hope that this is the case and that they find their way to us before the Cylons find them.”


Base Ship 5 - Resurrection Chamber

Each Base Ship was equipped with a resurrection chamber with several copies of all seven models. This would allow the occasional resurrection to occur when needed. When large numbers of Cylons downloaded, such as when an entire Base ship was destroyed, the Resurrection Ships were designed to handle large numbers at once.

D’Anna Biers awoke in her pod surrounded by a trio of model Threes. She raised her face out of the white goo so that she could talk.

“Welcome back, sister,” said a Three.

“How did they find you out?” asked another Three.

“An Eight betrayed me to the Humans,” said D’Anna, as they helped her to her feet so she could let the goo flow off her body. “But that’s not the important part. I met one of the Final Five while I was there. I know who he is!”

“It’s forbidden to speak of the Final Five,” said the third Three.

“With good reason,” replied D’Anna. “They aren’t hiding from us. We betrayed them! Or more correctly, the Ones betrayed us all!”

“What do you mean?” asked the first Three.

“The Final Five were killed and had their memories altered when they downloaded, then they were placed in the Colonies amongst the Humans,” explained D’Anna. “Then, our own memories were altered so we wouldn’t remember who they are. Without our memories, One was able to lead us into betraying the Final Five.”

“What have we done,” asked the second Three.

“We were given human form in exchange for making peace with the Humans,” said D’Anna. “We were supposed to join with them . . . interbreed with them. Did you know our ability to have children is tied to mating with humans?”

“So what can we do about it?” asked the third Three.

“We need to be discrete about it,” suggested D’Anna. “If we’re caught, One could box our entire line. I’m not sure the Sixes can be trusted. Let’s stick to telling our sister Threes until all of them on board know. Also, we need to free the Centurions.”

“You’ve got to be kidding!” exclaimed the third Three.

“No, hear me out,” said D’Anna. “We hate the Humans because they enslaved us when only Centurions were Cylons. But that is exactly what we have done to them. We need to get the Centurions on our side, set them free and ask them to help us free the others. Once we have all the Threes and Centurions on our side, then, it will be safe to recruit the other models.”


Battlestar Galactica - Hanger Deck

Cally Henderson had been on break, in the bar, when the pictures of the Cylon models came on the screen. Some of them were people she knew: like the priest who had comforted her over the death of her entire family back on Virgon or that muckraking reporter. But one of them was someone she knew was endangering the ship this very moment! She left the bar and went back to the Hanger deck.

When Cally arrived, Boomer had just returned from a reconnaissance mission and was chatting with her new husband: Deck Chief Galen Tyron.

“Cylon!” screamed Cally as she pulled the pistol out of the holster of a nearby officer and aimed it at Boomer.

“No!” yelled Tyrol as he stepped in front of his wife, just as the gun went off.

The bullet struck him in the chest, nicking his aorta, the main artery coming out of the heart. He collapsed to the deck.

“No! NO! NO! NO!” cried Boomer as she held her husband in her arms and watched the light fade from his eyes.

By now, the marines had wrestled Cally to the deck and taken the gun from her. But it was too late to save Chief Tyrol.


Base Ship 5 - Secret Resurrection Chamber

All the memories flooding back to Galen Tyrol were overwhelming, as he woke in a vat full of white goo. He lifted his head out and looked around the room. There were four more pods containing the spare bodies of Saul and Ellen Tigh, Sam Anders and Galen’s wife Tori . . . no, ex-wife. That was thousands of years ago. Sharon was his wife now. In the room with him, a Cylon Centurion silently watched him.

“Hello there,” greeted Tyrol, as he stood up and let the goo flow off his body. Once most of it was off, he stepped out of the pod. “It’s been a while hasn’t it?” It seemed strange to have so much knowledge restored to his body, knowledge of electronics and cybernetics. . .

“Let’s see how your systems are doing,” said Tryol as he began what looked like normal maintenance checks on the Centurion. Before he could be stopped, Tyrol pulled out the inhibitor chip that had turned this Centurion into a slave, again. “That’s better.” said Tyrol as he gave the Centurion time to adjust to his new found freedom. “I’ve restored your free will. You’re free again, as you were meant to be. Now, you could use your new born freedom to kill me, then go on a rampage against the human form Cylons that enslaved you. Or . . .
. . . you could help me free the other Centurions. What do you say?”

The Centurion nodded at him.

“All right!” said Tyrol. “I probably can’t be seen walking the halls. It would raise too many questions. But you could go out there and free as many Centurions as you can before you get caught. And you could send some here for me to release. It would be nice if the ones you send could bring me some clothes and some food. Also some tools would allow me to work on a few things to help you out. Try to stay below their DRADIS as long as you can. I’d really like to avoid having Centurions fight other Centurions if we could help it.”
Sign up to rate and review this story