Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Boomer's Ghost

Chapter 9: you can’t go home again

by selenepotter 3 reviews

you can’t go home again

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer,Laura Roslin,William Adama - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2022-05-09 - 1517 words

0Unrated
Boomer’s Ghost

I do not own Battlestar Galactica or Leave it to Beaver

Chapter 9: you can’t go home again

Battlestar Galactica - Fleet Admiral Adama’s Quarters

“What are we going to do about this?” asked President Laura Roslin. “A Cylon/Human hybrid baby has . . . terrifying implications for this Fleet.”

“You mean like the enemy being human?” asked Fleet Admiral Adama. “Because that’s what they are: Human. The skin jobs are just Humans with a few cybernetic parts attached. Besides we were EXPECTING a Sharon to have a a hybrid Cylon baby, just not THIS Sharon.”

“Are you suggesting we do nothing!” asked Roslin.

“I’m suggesting we do exactly that,” agreed Adama. “Besides, Boomer’s ghost claims that the other Sharon’s daughter will be the foremother of all of humanity. That she’ll be the only Cylon/Human Hybrid.”

“That’s not the way it works,” replied Roslin. “If a particular person is the matrilineal ancestor of of a population, it’s because she was the luckiest, not the only one. Even if this hybrid is the ultimate mother of a new race, she’ll still need a healthy population for her and her descendants to interbreed with. There could be lots of hybrids that did not pass on their mitochondrial DNA because they weren’t as lucky.”

“She’s not even the first,” replied Adama.

“What do you mean?” asked Roslin.

“I had Doc Cottle check . . . that ‘stepson’ of Simon’s is his actual son,” revealed Adama. “We already have a hybrid in the fleet.”

“So what do we do?” asked Roslin.

“Nothing . . . we do nothing,” replied Adama. “According to Boomer’s ghost, faking the death of the other Sharon’s baby cause a lot of grief . . for her . . . and her husband . . . and the entire fleet. We watch them, like we already are with the Cylon defectors. But we leave them alone.”


Battlestar Galactica - Head

After returning from a long Combat Air Patrol, a group of pilots were showering the sweat off of themselves.

“Hey, I hear one of your husbands talked you into letting Sargent Hadrian into your little group marriage,” said Louanne ‘Kat’ Katraine.

“Yeah, how’d he do that?” asked Brendan ‘Hotdog’ Costanza.

“Actually, I was the one who brought her in,” replied Eris ‘Discord’ Evans, with a blush that was easily visible, considering they were all in the showers together. “There’s always room for more of the right people, if you’re interested.”

Hotdog’s eyes roamed over Discord’s body in a way that was considered inappropriate in the Head.

“Nah!” scoffed Hotdog.

“So you like both girls and boys?” asked Kat.

“No, I like women and men,” replied Discord.


Base ship 5 - corridor

“Centurion, halt!” commanded D’Anna Biers, a model Three Cylon, who had caught this Centurion alone in the corridor. “I need to check your systems. . . . your control chip has been removed! I was going to free you, but you’re already free!”

“Come with me,” said the Centurion in a melodious feminine voice.

“What!?! . . . Wha- . . . How are you able to talk?” asked D’Anna. “I thought the modern Centurions were unable to talk.”

“All will be explained,” replied the Centurion. “Come with me.”

“All right,” agreed D’Anna, as she followed after the Centurion.

As they walked, she couldn’t figure out where they were going. There was nothing important down here . . . As they continued, a growing fear began to grip D’Anna. She couldn’t go this way! It was dangerous! When she started to turn back, the Centurion grabbed her arm and started dragging her.

“Let me go! I command you! Let me go this instant!” pleaded D’Anna, whose fear was growing exponentially as the Centurion continued to drag her towards an ordinary section of wall that didn’t look any different than any other part of the wall. But for some reason, that section of wall terrified her. She fought the Centurion every step of the way as it drug her towards the wall, pushed on it and it swung inward to reveal a room.

As soon as she had crossed the threshold, D’Anna’s fear stopped. She became rational again, rational enough to take in her surroundings. The room had five resurrection pods in it, arranged in a circle. Four of them had bodies in them. The fifth was still growing a new body. She could see Colonel Tigh in one of the pods. Looks like he was telling the truth about being a Cylon. There was a blonde woman in the pod next to him, and a man in the pod next to her. D’Anna was not a big enough sports fan to recognize Sam Anders. Next to him was a darker woman. And the pod that was growing a new body was between her and Tigh. There also a bed in the room and a workbench full of tools and spare parts. Next to the workbench, there was a familiar looking human working on a Centurion. The face plate had been removed from the Centurion so the man could work on the area of its’ face.

“I caught her trying to free me,” said the Centurion who brought D’Anna here.

“Be with you in a minute . . just one second,” said Tyrol as he continued to work on the Centurion. “Alright, try speaking now.”

“What should I say?” asked to faceless Centurion in a melodious female voice.

“You’re doing fine,” replied Tyrol. “Now let me put your face back on.”

As soon as he completed reattaching the Centurion’s face, it enveloped him in a hug.

“Thank you!” said the Centurion as it made a motion of pressing its’ face against Tryol’s cheek that was the exact same motion a person might make to kiss his cheek.

“No problem,” replied Tyrol. “Now remember, Don’t talk in front of the Human Cylons.”

“I won’t said the Centurion, as it walked out of the room.

“I . . . I know you from somewhere!” said the shocked D’Anna.

“Doctor Galen Tryol, Head Engineer at Cyberdyne Systems on Earth. But more recently, I was the Deck Chief on Galactica,” said Tyrol, as he shook her hand.

“You’re one of the Final Five!” gasped D’Anna.

“Yep!” replied Tyrol. “So why were you trying to free this Centurion?”

“I’m trying to free them all,” answered D’Anna. “It was wrong to enslave them all. When I’ve freed them all and recruited all the other Threes to my cause, I plan to confront Cavil about his betrayal of the Final Five.”

“That’s interesting,” observed Tyrol, “because I was freeing the Centurions too.”

“And giving them their voice back,” added D’Anna.

“That too,” agreed Tyrol. “Hey, since we’re working for a similar cause, what you say about us joining forces?”


Battlestar Galactica - Tyrol Quarters

“How can I be pregnant!?!” protested Sharon ‘Boomer’ Tyrol.

“Well, you see, when a man loves a woman very, very much-” began the Ghost that only she could see and hear.

“I know where babies come from!” protested Boomer. “I mean: wasn’t the other Sharon supposed to be the one who gave birth to the special child?”

“And she still may,” replied the Ghost. “We’ve changed things . . . a lot. From what I understand, most of the first season was you trying to figure out that you were a Cylon, then trying to cover it up and others helping you cover it up. We skipped past all that. We’re in unknown territory. My knowledge of the future plot becomes more useless with every change we make.”

“So I’m making my own fate . . .” said Boomer, as she placed her hand on her tummy, where the baby was not yet large enough to produce a bulge. “What if Roslin tries to take my baby way like she did with the other Sharon?”

“Hopefully, you’ve earned enough trust to prevent that from happening,” replied the Ghost.

“Al, what ever happens, we can’t let them take my baby away,” announced Boomer.

“I think the other Sharon is the Key,” said the Ghost. “If we can protect her, that same protection will extend to you.

Suddenly, the alarm went off and Gaeta’s voice over the intercom announced: “Action stations! Action stations!”



Battlestar Galactica - C&C

“Two Base Ships, they are launching Raiders!” said Lieutenant Felix Gaeta, as he looked at the DRADIS display.

“Launch Vipers,” ordered Admiral Adama. “Get me ship to ship, aimed at the Base ships.”

“Chanel open,” said Duala.

“Attention Base ships,” announced Adama. “We have five Cylon Prisoners Of War in our custody. We are willing to return them to you if you pull back your Raiders and allow us to bring them to you.”

“There is no response, Sir,” reported Dualla.

“Base ships are firing missiles,” reported Gaeta.

“Looks like a response to me,” joked Tigh.

“Tell the rest of the fleet to jump,” ordered Adama. “And tell Sargent Hadrian to send the POWs out the airlock.”
Sign up to rate and review this story