Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Boomer's Ghost

Chapter 14: the Return of the Eights

by selenepotter 0 reviews

the Return of the Eights

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Erotica,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-06-09 - 1442 words

0Unrated
Boomer’s Ghost

I do not own Battlestar Galactica or Freaky Friday

Chapter 14: the Return of the Eights

Battlestar Galactica - Hanger Deck

When Sharon ‘Athena’ Valerii stepped out of the Raptor she found herself confronted by two squads of marines who all had their guns pointed at her.

“Uh . . . I come in peace?” said Athena.

“She’s on our side!” said Karl ‘Helo’ Agathon, as he stepped out of the Raptor and placed himself protectively in front of Athena.

The deck crew and some of the marines audibly gasped when Boomer stepped out of the Raptor. They’d known she was a Cylon. But seeing proof before their own eyes was a shock.

“Is there a problem?” asked Boomer.

“No problem Sir,” replied Sargent Hadrian. “Colonel Tigh wants to debrief each of you. We’re here to escort you to the Brig for debriefing.”

“All right, let’s go,” replied Boomer.

“At this time, I would like to relieve you of your weapons,” added Hadrian.

“Not a problem,” said Boomer as she carefully drew her service pistol and handed it over. Athena and Helo followed suit.


“I’m sure it’s fine,” replied Boomer. “The Admiral knows how loyal I am.”


“Maybe,” agreed Boomer. “That might explain why everyone is so tense. Is President Roslin still with the Fleet or has she split from the Galactica?”

“President Roslin is D-” started a marine.

“PRIVATE!” yelled Hadrian. “Wait until after they have been debriefed before sharing information with them!”

“Yes, Sargent!” replied the marine.

“I’ll take that too,” added Hadrian, as she pointed to the tube containing the Arrow of Apollo.

“Be careful with it,” said Boomer, as she handed it over. “It’s very precious.”


Battlestar Galactica - Interrogation Room

After the marines escorted the three of them to the brig, Athena and Helo were put in a cell, while Boomer was brought to the Interrogation Room, where Colonel Saul Tigh was already waiting for her. She could smell the ambrosia on his breath.

“Have you got the Arrow?” asked Tigh.

“Sargent Hadrian has it,” answered Boomer.

Tigh stepped over to the door and called out:

“Sargent, get that artifact to Doctor Arawak,” ordered Tigh. “We need to get the Kobol expedition done as soon as possible.”

He then returned to the table and sat across from Boomer. Unlike last time, this time, she was not chained to the table.

“Now let’s begin,” said Tigh. “Give me your report on everything that happened after you left the Galactica.”


“It’s fine,” replied Boomer to her ghost. “This is normal military procedure.”

She turned back to Tigh and began her report. When she finished and had answered all his questions for clarification he told her:

“If I were uncertain of your identity those arguments with your invisible friend that you kept interrupting your report with would have convinced me,” said Tigh. “But there have been some changes since you have been gone. The new President wants everyone to know the Cylons amongst us on sight. So all of you, except us Final Five, have to have a facial tattoo on your cheek and it has to be unique to you. Let’s make yours a black rank insignia on your right cheek.”

“Yes sir,” replied Boomer.

“Now that we’re done, I’m have the marines escort you to Life Station so you can get your tattoo.

“This is not like that at all!” snapped Boomer at her ghost. “I have an identical twin on this ship now. People need to know which one is me.”

As Boomer was being escorted out, Helo was being brought in to see Tigh for his own debriefing. The debriefing of Helo and especially, Athena would take a lot longer than Boomer’s had. Helo had been separated from the fleet for a lot longer than Boomer had. And trying to ascertain if it was safe to accept Athena as a member of the crew took more than a day. She and Helo got more than one session spread out over several days before they were both released. When they finally were, Athena had to get a tattoo on her left cheek of a red rank insignia.


Battlestar Galactica - Briefing Room

Doctor Arawak’s expedition to the Tomb of Athena had returned and were making their report to Fleet Admiral Adama. Since Baltar’s execution, Arawak had become the leading scientist in the fleet. Arawak’s own testimony had been a key piece of evidence against Baltar.

“Any problems?” asked Fleet Admiral William Adama.

“No,” replied Arawak. “Once we found the notch in the mountain, it only took a few hours to local the entrance of the cave. We were able to use the Arrow of Apollo to activate the images and made photographic, video and holographic pictures of everything. We have a full 360° holo-image that we can load into a holoband and review at our leisure.”

“That’s good work, Doctor,” replied Adama, before turning to Racetrack. “Were there any problems with the Cylons?”

“No Sir,” replied Margaret ‘Racetrack’ Edmonson. “We spotted evidence that the Cylons have made landings of Centurions on the planet. But if any spotted us, we were in and out before any of them to make their way to us.”

“Thank you, Lieutenant,” said Adama. “Report to Colonel Tigh for a full debriefing.”

“Yes Sir,” replied Racetrack, who traded salutes with the admiral before leaving.

“Now then, go over these pictures with me one at a time,” commanded Adama. “I’ll need to make my own report to the President.”


Colonial One - Press Room

“My I have your attention?” asked Billy Keikeya. “In a previous briefing you were told about Colonial Forces destroying a Cylon Base Ship in a system that we were planning to enter. That system was the Kobol system. We have since sent an expedition to Kobol to gather intelligence needed to help us find Earth. Kobol is a lush, habitable world. However, it is also a world that the Cylons know about and have garrisoned Centurions on. So a return to Kobol is not a feasible goal for our people at this time.
Also a new Cylon defector has joined the Crew of the Galactica. This one is a model Eight Cylon, just like Lieutenant Tyrol and in accordance with the executive order made by President Gray, she has received a tattoo of her rank insignia in red, on her left cheek. This makes it obvious that she is a different person than Lieutenant Tyrol who has a black insignia on her right cheek. If anyone spots a Cylon of any model without their facial tattoo, please report it to Galactica, immediately.”


Video Presentation

In the days that followed, reporter Playa Palacios was given full access to the Galactica for a documentary that focused on a Viper pilot who cracked under the strain of defending the fleet. Admiral Adama was pleased with the result as the Pilot in question had been very eloquent in her assertion that if she failed, everyone would die.


Battlestar Galactica - Agathons’ Quarters

“So how are you newlyweds adjusting to life on Galactica?” asked Boomer.

“It’s taking some getting used to, not just for me, but for everyone,” said Athena. “People keep calling me Boomer and it’s hard for me not to answer to that name.”

“Well, I don’t think you would like it any better I answered when people called for Athena,” observed Boomer. “Especially if it was your hubby here that was doing the calling.”

“How are you doing?” asked Athena. “with the Chief gone and all?”

“It’s hard,” agreed Boomer. “Knowing that he’s likely being tortured at this very moment. But I just have to keep busy and try not to think about it.”

“I’m getting the cold shoulder from a lot of the crew,” said Helo. “They seem to think by marrying a Cylon that I’ve betrayed the fleet.”

“You think being married to a Cylon is bad, try being one,” laughed Boomer.
Battlestar Galactica - Briefing Room

“Mister President this goes against all military and diplomatic custom!” protested Fleet Admiral William Adama.

“I don’t care, Bill!” replied President Wallace Gray. “It’s got to be done this way! She’s too dangerous!”

“That you would even consider such a thing makes me ashamed to be a Colonial Warrior!” protested Adama.

“You’d rather just let her destroy this fleet and kill us all?” countered Gray. “Believe me, I have moral problems with this too. But it must be done for the safety of this fleet.”
Sign up to rate and review this story