Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Boomer's Ghost

Chapter 13: Boarders!

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Boarders!

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer,Laura Roslin,Saul Tigh - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2022-06-06 - 1229 words

0Unrated
Boomer’s Ghost

I do not own Battlestar Galactica or the Manchurian Candidate

Chapter 13: Boarders!

Battlestar Galactica - Briefing Room

“Are you sure we should really go this way?” asked President Laura Roslin.

“Lieutenant Tyrol has been unswervingly loyal,” answered Fleet Admiral William Adama. “Every bit of intelligence she’s shared has checked out, if we were able to check its’ veracity. I see no reason to doubt her word about the other Sharon that’s coming. If we treat her and her body right, she will be as loyal as Boomer.”

“Action Stations, Action Stations! Set Condition One throughout the fleet! “ proclaimed the voice of Colonel Tigh over the intercom.

“Sounds like the Cylons have found us again,” observed Adama. “I’d better get to C&C.”

“And I’ll just go to Colonial One,” agreed Roslin. “We can re-launch it as soon as the danger has passed.”


Deep Space - Raptor 8

“Of course not,” replied Lieutenant Sharon ‘Boomer’ Tyrol. “I’m sure they’ll be accepted just like I was.


“Well he’s not going to hear it from me;” replied Boomer. “And since he can’t hear or see you, you can’t tell him.”


“Karl, I’m a bit worried about the other Sharon,” whispered Sharon ‘Athena’ Valerii. “I’m not sure she’s all there.”

“Yes, I see what your mean,” observed Karl ‘Helo’ Agathon.


Battlestar Galactica - C&C

“The breeching pod has landed, section 4C,” reported Colonel Tigh.

“Send three squads of marines to repel the borders,” ordered Admiral Adama.
“It’s a good thing our computers aren’t networked,” observed Tigh. “That last cyber attack would have taken out the whole ship!”


Battlestar Galactica - Section 4C

The ‘clop clop sound of metal feet on the metal decks was quite alarming.

“Stay here,” ordered Corporal Rajli, as he pushed President Roslin into a short hallway the branched of the main one.

Once they were safe, the marine peeked around to corner to see what was going on.

BRAKABRAKABRAKA!

The Centurion’s gun blew the top of the marine’s head off!

Laura Roslin screamed in fright! Then, she heard the metal feet stepping closer. It came around the corner and now the Centurion was pointing both of the guns at the ends of its’ arms at her.

“There they are!” shouted a voice, as the Centurion fired at her.

BRAKABRAKA!

CRACK! CRACK! CRACK!

The Cylon’s attack was cut short by the explosive rounds the marines fired at it. The marines continued to fire at the Cylons until all the Centurions were destroyed. They they came forward to make certain that they were all deactivated. That’s when Private Ansen spotted the body.

“Lords of Kobol!” exclaimed the marine. “It’s the President! The President’s dead!”


Colonial One - Press Room

“Could I have your attention,” asked Tory Foster, who had been visibly crying. “At 9:05 this morning Colonial Forces successfully destroyed a Cylon Base ship in a system we were planning to enter in the future. At 9:11 a second Base ship attacked the Fleet. The Battlestar Galactica was successful in defending the fleet until we were able to jump to safety, but not before the Cylons could attach a boarding pod to the Galactica. The Boarding pod contained three Cylon Centurions, who then proceeded to kill the next 12 people they found before they were located by Colonial marines and destroyed. The last casualty was President Roslin, who was pronounced dead on arrival at Galactica’s Life Station. Vice President Gray was sworn in as President at 11:11 this morning.
Let me assure you that the Colonial Government is still functioning with continuity. President Gray is currently meeting with Fleet Admiral Adama and will be making a statement later today.”


Battlestar Galactica - Briefing Room

“It’s all a lie!?!” ranted President Wallace Gray. “You have no idea how to get to Earth at all!?!”

“The deception was my idea,” explained Adama. “I felt that the fleet needed something to hope for. President Roslin agreed with me and continued the cover story about our goals.”

“What’s the real goal?” asked Gray. “What are we doing out here?”

“Our most immediate goal is to keep as many humans as possible alive,” explained Adama. “To accomplish that, we’re running from the Cylons. But we can’t run forever. Sooner or later we need to find a habitable planet and settle it. We recently located Kobol, which would be a good candidate.”

“But we can’t settle anywhere until the Cylons stop hunting us,” pointed out Gray.

“That’s right,” agreed Adama. “And we don’t have enough forces to beat them in a military victory. So our strategy is to attempt to provoke a civil war amongst the Cylons.”

“It that why you’ve allowed Cylons to live amongst us?” asked Gray.

“Yes,” confirmed Adama. “All three of them have shown themselves to be loyal to our cause. Lieutenant Tyrol, in particular, has been a valuable source of intelligence. She was the one who first alerted us to the existence of the Final Five.”

“The what?” asked Gray.

“The Final Five is what the Cylons call a group of Cylons who are from Earth,” explained Adama. “They were the ones who gave the Cylons human form and resurrection in exchange for ended the first war with us. They were repaid by having their memories erased and placed in the Colonies. Four of them were with the fleet and another is believed to be on Caprica, leading a resistance to the Cylon occupation. One of them has since ‘died’ and is believed to be resurrected and in Cylon custody.”

“Who are these ‘Final Five’ Cylons from Earth?” asked Gray.


Cloud 9

“The Quorum of the Twelve is currently debating on who should be Gray’s successor as Vice President and Tom Zarek has once again put himself forward as a candidate,” began Playa Palacios. “President Gray, however, has asked that one of his predecessor’s advisors: Tory Foster be named as his Vice President.”


Battlestar Galactica - CAG’s Office

Ensign Eris ‘Discord’ Evans entered and saluted.

“Sir?” Discord asked to speak.

“What can I do for you, Discord?” asked Major Lee ‘Apollo’ Adama.

“Sir, why wasn’t I sent to repel the boarders?” asked the model Six Cylon known as Discord.

“Well, for one thing, you had just landed your Viper when we noticed them,” explained Apollo. “And for another thing, you’re not a marine. What makes you think you’re more qualified to repel boarders than the marines who are trained for that?”

“I’m a Cylon, Sir,” explained Discord. “It’s possible that the Centurions might have responded to an order from me to stand down. If that had worked, the President might not have been killed.”

“Lords! . . . Lords! You’re right,” gasped Apollo. “I’ll speak to the Admiral about this and I promise you, next time we get boarders, any available Cylons well be sent to help deal with them.”

“Thank you, Sir,” replied Discord.

“You know, it might not work,” mused Apollo. “The Centurions could just frag you as a traitor to the Cylons.”

“That’s a risk I’m willing to take to protect my family,” replied Discord.

“I appreciate that, Junior Lieutenant,” replied Apollo. “Make sure you have your new insignia by your next flight.”


Sign up to rate and review this story