Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Boomer's Ghost

Chapter 12: the Arrow

by selenepotter 0 reviews

I do not own Battlestar Galactica or Family Affair

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer,Helo - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2022-06-05 - 1492 words

0Unrated
Boomer’s Ghost

I do not own Battlestar Galactica or Family Affair

Chapter 12: the Arrow

Battlestar Galactica - Tyrol quarters

“We’re changing so much, I’m not sure how useful my foreknowledge is,” observed Boomer’s ghost, as he held her in his arms. “I mean, Starbuck was supposed to have a knee injury so she couldn’t participate in the raid on the tylium mine. But this time, she didn’t. I didn’t have any idea where the tylium storage was. On the show, Baltar made a lucky guess. This time, it was Starbuck who made the lucky guess.”

“I can’t stop thinking about Galen, wondering what kind of torture he is being put through,” said Boomer.


Base Ship 5 - Secret Resurrection Chamber

“What do you think you are doing?” demanded Galen Tyrol.

“Well, you liked having two of me so much, I thought you might like to have three of me,” replied Eight, as she led two more Eights into the room.


Cloud 9

“Today we had our first session of the newly reconstituted Quorum of Twelve,” began Playa Palacios. “Perhaps the most controversial member of the new Quorum is the Sagittarian representative, Tom Zarek of the Astral Queen. Zarek, is better known for his acts of terrorism, more than 10 years ago. He, like all the other prisoners on the Astral Queen was on his way to a parole hearing when the Colonies fell. Zarek has been nominated to fill the vacancy in the Vice Presidential post. Though President Roslin favors her own candidate: Wallace Gray. Earlier today Zarek had this to say:”

“Gaius Baltar was executed by a military-run kangaroo court!” said Tom Zarek. “How much longer are we going to let this military junta puppet mastered by Admiral Adama pull Roslin’s strings? The people need a real leader who is not afraid to stand up to Adama and I promise as Vice President, I will not be just another lackey of the current regime.”

“In other news, A gunman was arrested while attempting to smuggle a handgun aboard Cloud 9,” said Playa Palacios. “There is, as yet, no word on what his intensions for the weapon were or who he might had been targeting.”

Deep Space - Raptor 8

They came out of the jump to find themselves near a blue and white planet.

“That looks habitable,” observed Lieutenant Sharon ‘Boomer’ Tyrol.

“Reading nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere,” replied Lieutenant Alex ‘Crashdown’ Quartararo. “Some carbon dioxide, other trace gases. It looks like we found a habitable planet.”

“It’s Kobol,” said Boomer’s ghost. “Just like in the show.”

“Are you sure, Al?” asked Boomer.

“Yeah, I’m sure,” replied Crashdown. “It’s all there, right on the scanner.”

“We should move in closer,” suggested the Ghost, “get some pictures of ruins on the surface to show the Admiral.”

“I’m going down closer,” Boomer told Crashdown. “I want to bring back some pictures.”


Battlestar Galactica - Briefing Room

“I’m afraid there can be no doubt about it,” said Fleet Admiral Adama, as he showed the photos to the President. “It’s Kobol, exactly as Boomer’s invisible friend predicted.”

“And unlike in his story, we don’t have a Raider to send back to Caprica to fetch the Arrow of Apollo,” observed President Laura Roslin. “I hope that we can agree not to split the Fleet like we did in his story.”

“Agreed,” agreed Adama. “But we also don’t need to have people walking on foot to the tomb. We have Raptors. We can fly to the mountain with a gap. And whoever we send doesn’t need to be our leaders. Doctor Arawak can handle the science involved and lead a small expedition. But we also need to look out for that Base Ship that was predicted to be there next time we return.”

“What about the arrow of Apollo?” asked Roslin. “Don’t we need that in order to enter the Tomb of Athena?”

“Lieutenant Gaeta has developed a device that mimics a Cylon transponder. We can put on a Raptor and send it back to Caprica to get the Arrow. Then we can do the same when we send an expedition down to the Tomb. But we shouldn’t even try to approach the planet until we have the Arrow, in hand.”

“Who are going to send to Caprica?” asked Roslin.

“Lieutenants Tyrol and Quartararo,” replied Adama.

“If she’s not here, she can’t shoot you if her programing is still in there,” observed Roslin. “Smart.”

“Also, she’s less likely to be killed if the Cylons catch her on Caprica,” added Adama.


Caprica - Museum of Antiquities

The fake Cylon transponder worked and they were able to safely make it to the surface of Caprica where Boomer and Crashdown had made it to the Museum of Antiquities. The Arrow of Apollo was in a glass case. Boomer had just broken the glass and retrieved the Arrow when her imaginary friend called out:

“Look out!” shouted the ghost, as he pointed behind them, too late to stop the model Six from breaking Crashdown’s neck.

“Well hello Eight,” said the Six. “You do know you’re a Cylon, right?”

“I’m not just any model Eight though,” said Boomer as she transferred the Arrow to her left hand and drew her handgun. “I’m the prime Eight. The others are just pale imitations of me.”

“I’m sorry did I kill your pet human?” asked Six, when Boomer pointed the gun at her. “They really are so fragile.”

“Enjoy your download, bitch!” snarled Boomer as Six kicked the gun out of her hand, just as she pulled the trigger.

What followed was a hand-to-hand combat that didn’t last long, in part because of the Six’s habit of wearing high heeled shoes that made it difficult to fight. Boomer, on the other hand, was wearing colonial issue combat boots. She was quickly able to defeat he opponent by kicking her off a ledge where the Six was impaled by a piece of debris she landed on.

“Here they come,” said the ghost, as Boomer turned in time to dodge.

“Sharon look out!” yelled Helo as he shot and missed Boomer, who dodged in the nick of time and saw that he was with another model Eight.

“Helo! It’s me, Boomer!” she protested, as she rolled on the ground trying not to be shot and to get to her own gun.

“Boomer!?!” asked Karl ‘Helo’ Agathon. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to get that,” replied Boomer, as she pointed to the golden Arrow she had dropped. Seeing Helo had lowered his gun, she retrieved and holstered her own before bending to pick up the Arrow. Once she had done that, she walked over to Crashdown and rolled him onto his back.

“It that Alex?” asked Helo.

“Yeah, he was your replacement on my Raptor . . . until now,” said Boomer, as she checked to see that he was dead and retrieved his dog tag. But there was nothing more she could do for him. She stood up and stepped towards Helo and Athena.

“Karl, I’m so glad to see you!” said Boomer as she hugged him, briefly, before offering the same for the other model Eight. “And you must be the mother of his child!”

“How did you know?” asked Athena, as she hugged her twin back.

“My imaginary friend told me,” replied Boomer. “By the way, it would help clear things up if you took ‘Athena’ as your call sign once we get back to the fleet. We’re both Sharon, but I’m the real Boomer.”

“Athena, I like the sound of that,” agreed Athena.

“You could keep the Valerii name if you like,” said Boomer. “I’m not using it anymore, not since I married Galen. I’m Sharon Tyrol now. Though it would probably make things simpler if you two just got married as soon as you got back.”

“We’re already having a baby together,” observed Helo. “What do you say, Sharon. Will you marry me?”

“Yes,” replied Athena. “Yes I will.”

“It might interest you to know that you’re not the only Eight with a bun in the oven,” said Boomer, as she rubbed her tummy.

“Really? Congratulations!” said Athena, who hugged her sister again.

“For now, we need to steal a ship and get out of here,” observed Helo.

“Oh, don’t worry,” replied Boomer. “I have a Raptor nearby.”


Battlestar Galactica

With Boomer gone to Caprica, It fell to Margaret ‘Racetrack’ Edmonson to pilot the Raptor that placed the nuke on the Cylon Base ship was orbiting Kobol, just as Boomer’s ghost had predicted. But then, when she jumped back to the fleet, she found them engaged with a second Base ship. One that managed to land a boarding pod before they could jump away. There were Centurions on the Galactica. . .
Sign up to rate and review this story