Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Tender Beast 2

December 25th, Hogwarts

by SoniaBibi 0 reviews

Christmas uncovers darkness

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Draco - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-07-14 - 1608 words

0Unrated
Christmas was in the air. There were New Year decorations, giant Christmas trees, and fluffy snow wherever you glanced. Ghosts, in charge of Nearly Headless Nick, were singing Christmas carols while swirling their transparent bodies in castle corridors. Spirits spreading Christmas spirit, Elvein found something silly about it. Even Director Dumbledore was beaming with festivity. His robe and hat were embroidered with silver holly leaves. He smiled at Elvein and continued his way with lowing Christmas songs under his nose.

On holidays, most students returned home to celebrate with their families. For Elvein, that gave Hogwarts' corridors an even bigger charm. She could roam them freely with no end, enjoying its quiet joy, festivity spirit, her timid dreams, and hopes. On New Year's Eve, they would all return to school for New Year's Ball; therefore, as long as she could, she was roaming Hogwarts' stone corridors, castle's vines, as she used to call them, to try and truly understand, at least a small part of this magnificent building.

She thought that she had smiled more than ever before in the last couple of weeks. Waking up every morning became enjoyable, not just another part of the routine. Even breathing was pleasant! She started dreaming!

Engulfed in those thoughts, she approached Grand Hall, where the Christmas celebration was scheduled. Barely ten Hogwarts students remained in the castle. Still, professor Flitwick announced a grand celebration. School never held back when it came to inspiring its students. Guests from Bauxbaton and Durmstrang were to be considered as well since Hogwarts was trying to charm them with all he got.

"Dashing through the snow, in a one-horse open slay.." Demian's silky barytone made Elvein freeze on the spot. The young man approached the stunned girl and greeted her:

"Merry Christmas, Elvein."

"Demian?!"

"At your service." Ekrizdis took off the formal hat, suitable to his festive robes, and bowed in elegant reverence.

"What are you doing here?" She was not able to hide her happy smile. Even she noticed how her eyes twinkled.

"Albus invited me to a Christmas party. Though I must admit, I hinted how much I wanted to come more than once. Have you heard of Mohamed and the mountain?" He returned the girl's gesture with his warm, unique smile, which made her pale cheeks flame.

"I am glad to see you." Elvein finally admitted.

"I am even happier," Demian replied with childish joy and gave her chevalier's hand.

They entered the Grand Hall together, causing unhidden whispers and curious gazes. Demian accompanied her to the table and bowed his head in reverence.

"I am forced to remove myself, Mi Lady, since my seat is next to Dumbledore." His dramatic manners were so measured and charming that Elvein giggled and replied with coquette reverence.

The unparagoned feast spread on golden plates. Roulettes and sauces, salads and side dishes, chocolate fountains, and countless deserts of the most intricate and funny shapes and forms.

Director once again used his favorite trick by leaving Crackers for everyone. Exploding with blue smoke, they brought male hats for women and vice versa. Therefore, an active gift exchange has started, making the already joyful celebration go crazy. Everyone started moving around with happy waves of laughter and loud talks.

Elvein was still studying the male pointy hat in her hand when a charming young man from Durmstrang approached her. He wished her Merry Christmas with a heavy accent. She handed him her male hat while receiving a powder blue beret in return. A Durmstrang student reached for the chair beside her when a loud cough was heard. The young man turned around and then left Elvein's side without another glance. At first, she did not understand what had happened. But as soon as the young man left, she saw Demian, who gave her a wink. He wore a sun hat with pink flowers and refused to exchange it. Girls have gathered around him, offering their male hats. He declined them all, saying, "It suits me more." Elvein laughed loudly and required several seconds to take a breath. Then, she turned her attention to the table. Every girl was fascinated by Demian, not taking their eyes off him, then they peaked a glance at Elvein and started whispering. Elfy felt stung in her heart, but when she glanced back at Demian, his eyes were only on her. He smiled at her only. Demian's gaze was like a salve, and Elvein spent the whole dinner enjoying every moment of it.

"That was the most cheerful Christmas in my life." Elvein held her laugh-exhausted belly muscles with her hands while Demian accompanied her to the Ravenclaw castle.

"Same here." He finally took off the hat with pink flowers making it vanish in thin air. "I've got a Christmas present for you." Ekrizdis took a Green Leather notebook from his pocket, giving it to Elvein. "I believe that I'm giving you the most selfish gift in the world." He finished with a severe face.

The girl thanked him and looked through it. Not understanding what he meant, she looked at him with a question.

"Please, don't write in it about boys you like or bad-mouthing about me." He showed her another notebook similar to the first one.

"Twin charmed diaries!" Exclaimed Elvein.

"That's right! I told you, the most selfish gift in the world." Demian did not bother hiding his satisfaction while they approached Ravenclaw castle. Iron eagle opened his wings and asked:

"Where does time bring us?"

"Forward and back." Answered Elvein.

"Thus, no matter how strong we believe, we are moving forward; everything goes around a circle." Finished Demian.

"That's right." Answered the eagle and opened the door.

"It would have been effortless to get inside your common room." Demian frowned.

"Or, you have been true Ravenclaw if you have studied in Hogwarts." Answered Elvein with a soft smile.

Demian smiled back and shrugged.

"I must take my leave, Mi Lady. Thank you for a wonderful Christmas." Demian bowed and kissed her hand.

"Tout le Plaisir est pour Moi (pleasure was mine)." Answered Elvein with a beaming smile and disappeared behind the door.

...

Elvein lay in her bed, shading with a simple muggle pencil on Demian's gift's last page. A small blue flame was hovering around her, lighting her notebook. It's true, she was not able to produce a flaming planet as skilfully as Demian, but she still liked her flame. On instinct, she opened the notebook's first page, where Ekrizdis's beautiful handwriting was bright.

"Elvein, are you awake?

Are you?

Are you?

?

?

UGH! I should have added some signal charm."

"I am awake."

"Perfect!"

"Where are you?"

"At Hog's Head Inn. Aberford is a much more interesting host than Madam Rosmerta. What are you up to?"

"Preparing your Christmas gift. Since you never give me a heads up, I have to improvise."

"Hm! Comme intrigant! (So intriguing) If I were there, you would have seen me stretching my hand, eager for a present, just like some toddler."

Elvein smiled, covering her nightgown-clad body with a duvet.

"When will I get my present?" Demian was impatient.

"It's not done yet, but you can check the last page."

There was Demian's face smiling on the last page of the notebook. Elvein truly caught magnificent similarity. Portrait smiled with a leer but somehow a warm smile. Hair, put out in chaotic order, so char to him. But the most important part was his eyes. There were so many emotions in them, predominantly warmth, interest, and something mischievous.

The girl checked first-page several times, but no new writing had revealed itself, so she continued her drawing, adding several wrinkles to his eyes when Demian's handwriting shone on the binding:

"Do you really see me, Elvein?"

She did not know how to answer. Somehow, Demian's words sounded much more than a thousand praises. Then she remembered something and could not help herself:

"That young man from Durmstrang."

"Did he approach you again?" Demian's rushed handwriting appeared in less than a second.

"No. It's just ..." She simply did not know what else to say.

After a minute of silence, Demian's writing appeared:

"Elvein, I really like you. Possibly, much more than "like" you. Naturally, I very much dislike seeing others around you. I understand that I am a complicated man, but loyalty is one of my positive features."

"Did you get jealous?" She asked hesitantly.

"Yes."

There it was, the base of the iceberg, the truth, hidden underwater, which is much greater than its visible part. Her stomach squeezed, hands trembled with fear and shameful excitement. She stood at the front door of Demian's soul's dark side. She sat there, thinking. She had to turn around or go deeper into the waters.

Probably the first time in her life, she was happy, and the reason for it was Demian. One who understands her, so to a tee. First time in her life, she wanted to be with someone. And that someone was Demian. Mind screamed at her to stop! While the heart bagged to dive into a vortex.

Trembling fingers still held the pencil ready. Was happiness something too much to ask? She breathed out deeply and added some more details to the portrait. She drew a sun hat with flowers on Demian's head this time.

"You too admit it suited me, right?"

Elvein could swear; she felt Demian's relieved laugh. She smiled too, hoping never to regret her decision, while Demian continued.

"Thank you, Elvein. I swear to you, you will never regret this."

"Happy Christmas, Demian."

"Happy Christmas, Elvein."

She blew the flame off, hugged the notebook, and closed her eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story