Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Boomer's Ghost

Chapter 23: Lay Down your Burdens part 1

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Lay Down your Burdens

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: R - Genres: Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer,Tyrol - Warnings: [X] [?] - Published: 2022-07-18 - 983 words

0Unrated
Boomer’s Ghost

I do not own Battlestar Galactica or the Manchurian Candidate

Chapter 23: Lay Down your Burdens part 1

Base Ship 5 - Tyrol's room

In the weeks that followed, Boomer was adapting to her new life as a Cylon. She got herself work in the resurrection chamber helping the newly awakened, who were mostly Centurions, making the transition to human form. She still hadn’t dressed yet. She lived her second life without clothes like most of the other Eights. She would often visit her husband, who still hadn’t recognised her yet. Many of the other Eights were claiming to be her and would even stage arguments with their imaginary friends. And so, Boomer would be yet another eight come to seduce him, often with the aid of other Eights. The Eight he lived with had given birth to a daughter. Eventually Galen figured out who she was. She was the only one that didn’t claim to be Boomer and she was the only one who would want to spend time with her son before joining the other Eights in their orgy with him. It was her ghost’s ability to touch her that eventually revealed her to Galen. Galen grabbed her by the wrist and ordered all the other Eights out of the room.

“It’s you! It’s really you!” Exclaimed Tyrol. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I did,” replied Boomer. “But so did all my sisters. How could I make you believe me?”

“So what happens now?” asked Tyrol.

"I'd like to move in with you," replied Boomer.

“You don't want to go back to Galactica?” Asked Tyrol.

“I’ve never lived as a Cylon before,” explained Boomer. “When I was first activated, I had a full set of false memories that made me think I was human. This is the first time I’ve ever experienced life as a model Eight Cylon.”

“And?”

“And I like it,” replied Boomer. “I like being and one of many Eights in a crowd of sisters just like me. And I find I don’t mind sharing you with a group of women who are just like me. I’m more jealous of them giving attention to our son.”

"Do you want me to tell Eight to move out?” asked Tyrol.

"No, she can stay,” replied Boomer. But we need a bigger bed. One that will fit the three of us.”

Her husband's response was to pull her into another kiss.


Battlestar Galactica

While the Tyrols had be hiding from the universe on Base Ship 5, the Campaign for Colonial President had been heating up. Tom Zarek was challenging President Gray and his running mate was former Rear Admiral Hellena Cain. The two of them were whipping up anti-Cylon sentiment in the Fleet. This was especially pointed at Vice President Foster. Zarek promised that if he won, all the Cylons would be exiled to the Base ships and no longer allowed on the Colonial Human ships.

In the midst of this, Fleet Admiral Adama decided to send a fleet of 20 Raptors and an equal number of Heavy Raiders back to the Colonies to rescue any survivors that might still be living on their home worlds. But the Colonials were unwilling to board the Heavy raiders, thinking it was a Cylon trick. They were instead used to distract the Cylons while the Raptors loaded up people. Boomer had put on a flight suit and gone to pilot a Heavy Raider. While Athena piloted her Raptor. A Four and a One attempted to infiltrate the refugees, but Athena spotted them and turned them away. It did seem odd that the Cylons had abruptly stopped shooting. But the Colonials and rebel Cylons counted their blessings and fled Caprica with their load of resistance fighters, including Sam Anders.

One of the rescue Raptors mis-jumped and discovered a habitable planet inside a nebula. ‘New Caprica’ quickly became an issue in the presidential campaign with President Gray listening to the advice that originated from Boomer’s Ghost, about what a disaster settling on New Caprica would be. Tom Zarek, on the other hand was advocating the Fleet settling on the newly discovered Planet.

“We’re not doing well in the polls,” observed Vice President Tory Foster. “Perhaps we should take action to assure the election goes the right way?”

“Absolutely not!” Shouted President Gray. “We win this thing fairly, or not at all!”

As it turned out they did not win. Tom Zarek was sworn in as President, the Fleet began settling on New Caprica. Still, the Advice of Boomer’s Ghost did have some effect on the settlement, especially with Helena Cain as Vice President. The Battlestars were not allowed to devolve to skeleton crews like Boomer’s Ghost had predicted. Also, all the Cylons in the fleet were forced onto the Base ships and were not allowed to settle on New Caprica. In many cases, humans like Helo, would move to the Base ship to stay with their Cylon Spouse.

Base Ship 5

Boomer and Galen Tyron had settled into their new life on the Base Ship. There was another Eight that lived with them and a variety of Eights would be frequent guests in their bed. This included not only the other four Eights Galen had impregnated, but some of the others also. Boomer’s husband was still unable to tell which Eight was her. The only clue to her identity was that after an orgy with the Eights, one of the two of them that stayed was Boomer and the other had birthed a daughter. Then Boomer got pregnant again. And when she started showing, she was no longer an anonymous Eight in the crowd. This time she survived the birth of their second son.


Battlestar Galactica - C&C

“DRADIS contact!” Reported Leutentant Gaeta. “No Colonial transporter . . . . It’s a Cylon Base ship!”
Sign up to rate and review this story