Categories > TV > Star Trek: The Original Series > Star Infinity

Prologue

by Big_J 0 reviews

The United Suprederation of Galaxies is founded.

Category: Star Trek: The Original Series - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Parody,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2022-10-21 - Updated: 2023-09-14 - 640 words - Complete

1Exciting
April 1, 3161

Orbiting a yellow dwarf star is a blue marble of a planet. The intelligent population of the planet refers to the star as "Sol" and to the planet as "Sol III", as it is the third planet from the star. However, the planet is more commonly referred to as "Earth", and it is the capital of an interplanetary civilization called the United Federation of Planets. It is here, in the city of Paris in the region of France, that the president of the Federation sits at their office desk in the Palais de la Concorde, addressing their aides.

"Just a few moments ago, something occurred to me. Nearly every major galactic power in the Milky Way Galaxy is now part of the Federation. Not only that, the Federation also has territories in other galaxies. It got me thinking, maybe it is time to—er—re-establish the Federation, but with a different name. Something like, say, the 'United Super Federation of Galaxies' or something," the president says.

"This isn't another April Fool's joke, is it, Your Presidency?" one of the aides wonders.

"No, I am quite serious."

"Well, in that case, with all due respect, Your Presidency, 'Super Federation' sounds kind of lame."

"Then what would you suggest?"

After puzzling over the question for a few seconds, the aide responds, "How about we call it the 'United Suprederation of Galaxies'?"

"Suprederation?" another one of the president's aides asks.

"Yeah, it's a portmanteau of 'super' and 'Federation'."

The president pushes from their desk, stands, throws up their hands, and shouts, "Brilliant!"


After six months of wailing, gnashing of teeth, and unraveling of red tape (yes, bureaucracy still exists in the 32nd century), a ribbon-cutting ceremony is underway at the Palais de la Concorde, and it is being broadcast throughout the Milky Way and beyond. The ribbon is to be cut with a Klingon bat'leth, wielded by a hologram of the famous Klingon diplomat, Worf, Son of Mogh.

"Today, the United Federation of Planets moves into a new era. With the cutting of this ribbon, the Federation will be re-established as—" the president raises their hands, "—the United Suprederation of Galaxies!" The president then lowers their hands to signal the Worf hologram to cut the ribbon.

The Worf hologram raises the bat'leth above his head and brings it down. Unfortunately, the ribbon is not the only thing that is cut; a hapless reporter, who is standing too close to the ribbon, is also cleaved cleanly in half. Blood and other particulates splash on the president, their aides, and the Worf hologram. The spectators and other reporters gasp in horror.

A hologram of Shao Kahn from the video game series Mortal Kombat then appears, prompting a confused look from everyone. The hologram, fists on hips, guffaws toward the sky and announces, "Worf wins—Fatality!"

"A delightfully gruesome display," the Worf hologram comments, and then the two holograms vanish, the blood on the Worf hologram falling to the ground.

"Computer, activate Boothby Groundskeeping Program," the aide standing next to the president stutters quietly, still in shock.

A hologram of Boothby, a former Starfleet Academy groundskeeper, then appears.

"What is the nature of the groundskeeping emergency?" the Boothby hologram asks.

The aide does not look at the hologram; they just point.

When the hologram looks, he protests, "That isn't part of my program! I'm a groundskeeper, not an undertaker!"

The aide cuts him a stern look, and the hologram raises his hands, "All right—all right!"

The hologram approaches the body, stopping to look at the remains of the reporter; the hologram then shakes his head and sets to work on cleaning up the mess. As the Boothby hologram hauls the two halves of the doomed reporter away, the president and their aide look at each other wide-eyed at what they had just witnessed.
Sign up to rate and review this story