Categories > Original > Drama > The Arena

First Match

by NiagraNaPoPo 0 reviews

A boy trying to achieve his dreams of becoming a world famous boxer. He wanted to enter the league of Boxers, but it costed money and his mother was against him boxing. So he did what anybody would...

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2023-04-08 - Updated: 2023-04-08 - 1050 words

0Unrated
A punch to neck can be deadly, if hit in the right place. My thoughts were clouded as I walked over to the ring, the spot lights flying over every corner of the stadium. I inhaled a sharp breath, this was my first official underground fight.

As this sport was illegal, I had to cover my face, I was not letting my mother even get a tiny suspicious of me. She did not like it when I boxed, but It is my true passion, and I will do anything in my power to achieve this dream. 

I had one goal in mind, Victory.

I watched my opponent acting all cocky and like he won already. It made my blood boil. 

“Ladies and gentlemen, all fans of boxing! Today we start off by two rookies! One the right side, it’s the ‘Death Punch!’” What a stupid name, Death punch. But it suits him, a stupid name, for a stupid person.

”And on the left side, Him!” As soon as I entered the ring all eyes were on me.

The referee checking both of us for weapons, and other things. 

The first few minutes of the match is where you establish dominance. Never break eye contact, stare into your opponent’s eyes. Make them fear you. Once you have established dominance and fear, the match is practically waiting for you to win.

Why ‘dominance’ is important? If you fight someone you fear, then you are prone to make stupid, and careless mistakes. You will be distracted by their overly large, and terrifying presence. 

On the ring, the same cocky kid, was all bark and no bite. Very disappointing indeed. I wanted to fight him, so I could end his disappointing, disgusting life.

As the bell rang, signifying the match had begun, the kid launched at me with the worst possible form. I was right, fear has caused him to make stupid mistakes.

He aimed for my face with his right fist, and did nothing to protect his vulnerable places, which were his crotch, his stomach, his legs, and most importantly, his neck. 

I could’ve just punched his neck and get the match over and win, but I wanted to play around, so I ducked and moved back.

The kid was getting angrier, and more scared because none of his blows were making contact with me. I was having a lot of fun, I thought I would get a challenge as this was an underground fight, but I guess not.

After 3 minutes in the match I got bored. By judging my opponents face, I assume my eyes displayed the same fire I felt burning in my chest. This was my passion and I will make it my life.

The kid attacked again, his neck exposed for a clear shot.

I saw my opportunity and I took it. I punched his Adam’s apple, with full force. Causing him to choke before my very eyes. I watched as the life left him from him. Once he fell limp, The crowd roared, I had won. It was no shock to me, but to them it seemed like they had no faith in me in the first place.

My attention was back on the announcer.

”What did I just witness, this match ended in barely 4 minutes! This kid is a force to be reckoned with! As he win, he will progress to the next match, but that doesn’t mean he won’t get his victory money!!” I heard the crowd roar once more, I too was just as happy. I had won 2000 pounds like it was nothing. 

I searched for my brother in the crowd, as expected he was there, cheering for me as loud as he could. I was glad he watched as I crushed my opponent.

After they gave me my money, I walked outside and went over to an alley, where my brother, Ragnar was waiting for me with my clothes. He was grinning like an idiot.

”What is wrong with your face?” I asked, taking my clothes from his hands and walking behind a large bin.

”I’m happy!” Raganr chuckled facing his back towards me.

”Why?”

”Wh- Why? Why! You just won 2000 pounds!” Ragnar whisper-screamed. He had to keep his voice down so nobody heard him.

”That was a stupid match, and I killed a guy.”

”I know, I killed many people too in underground fights,” He stayed quiet for a while and continued. “Why was that match stupid.”

”Are you really asking me that?” I walked over to him and we started heading towards, well, where ever Ragnar was taking me.

”Yes, I am.” Ragnar glanced over at me.

”My opponent was stupid, he was a coward.” I growled, “And I hate people who bark but don’t have the teeth or the courage to bite.”

Ragnar grinned again, it was his ‘I’m proud of you’ grin. I loved it.

Even though, we were twins. He felt like he was a lot older. We were both 19. But he had his first match in fight club at 16. He has a lot more experience and I was happy he was my mentor.

”Did you know that a special someone saw your fight.” Ragnar broke the silence walking around in what felt like a circle.

”What? Who?” I asked, I tilted my head and kept walking without questioning Ragnar.

”Jeon JK.” That one name stopped me in my tracks. Jeon…JK… watched my match? Ragnar turned around with a big grin on his face.

”Jeon JK, as in the champion of underground boxing! Why was he watching my match!” I was so happy, my idol of boxing, watched me win!

”He has match now, and maybe he decided to watch a match happening and he watched you.”

”Oh My God! Can we go see his match! Please!” I jumped around giggling like an idiot.

”Yeah, we are already here.” Ragnar told me to look up and I saw the second stadium, where championship fights happened.

”You, You amazing bastard!” I said shaking his shoulder.

”We are getting late, the match is about to start.” He said smiling ear to ear.

”Ok! Come on!” I grabbed Ragnar’s hand and ran inside, this was going to be amazing.

Word count: 1,048
Sign up to rate and review this story