Categories > Original > Drama > The Revolutionary Struggle

The Revolutionary Struggle

by Yugoslav 0 reviews

Le countryhumans Ficwad fanfiction. Yugoslav finds himself in an eternal struggle to live a happy life and after getting so much injustice, he vows revenge and revolution to overthrow governments a...

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] [?] - Published: 2024-03-18 - 1767 words

0Unrated
The Seeds of Revolution

Somewhere in a suburban area, the year was 1990. The nation of Yugoslavia was on a brink of war and Yugoslav himself was seeing his fellow republics leaving him as they didn't want to be part of the Yugoslav family anymore. Yugoslav was distraught by the loss. He saw his glory desecrated by the secession. Yugoslav tried to sabotage the secession by holding Serbia hostage but Russia, who was distraught to see her best friend being held hostage by Yugoslav, intervened and threatened to invade Yugoslavia if Yugoslav didn't let Serbia go.

Yugoslav was faced with a state of depression. Eventually, he had no other choice but to retire from his political career, seeing that he accomplished much and that he can do no more now that his status had been revoked by the seceding republics. Yugoslav eventually wanted to move for a more peaceful life, a life with a family that he envisioned for. However, his quest for a private family life would not be let go without Yugoslav facing social stigma as a result of people having negative views of communism and hoping that Yugoslav would revoke his communist ideals for once.

However, Yugoslav didn't gave up. He was able to find some form of love but was faced with rejections. Yugoslav kept pushing forward for a like-minded person but couldn't find one. In 1991, he found one but later broke up as said girl was identifying as a "man" and she demanded that Yugo treat her like one to which Yugo simply refused. But this caused him to face further discrimination and other Countryhumans somehow projected their anger on his republics as they developed the image that Yugoslavs were backward and primitive.

Yugoslav didn't like the idea of being labeled "transphobic" since he himself simply wasn't attracted to trans people and preferred real women. However, America made it clear that not making love for LGBT people was an act of discrimination and Yugoslav was greatly bullied for it. Yugoslav's sorrow soon became rage. Realizing that he couldn't get a family as a result of social stigma he faced, Yugoslav began contemplating for a cult-like group in which he would find himself with purely like-minded individuals who weren't even slightly deviating from his ideals.

Yugoslav eventually stuck on to his third-way communist ideology, not relying on the Western principles nor the Eastern principles. As his mental health deteriorated, Yugoslav realized that he couldn't let himself be seen as vulnerable and weak and proceeded to be more authoritative and assertive. So came 1992, the first such to be celebrated without communism being in Europe.

February 1st, 1992


UN: "Alright everyone, it's time for our favorite month, February!"
Everyone cheers

UN: "Now, it's time we pair you up with random nations."
The pairing begins.

Despite Yugoslavia no longer being communist and the fact that it is just Serbia, Yugoslav made his appearance with his communist uniform he has been wearing since 1945. With a frown on his face, Yugoslav clearly had no intention to smile given his turmoil and his courage to resist dark thoughts. He was clearly optimistic that he will one day find true love. However, UN handed a paper to Yugoslav. When Yugoslav looked at it, he was rather baffled. He was being paired with none other than his former rival, Russia.

The Russia of 1992 was simply in a state of turmoil as well. Her nation is facing an economic recession due to shock therapy from the Yeltsin regime. She too faced social stigma due to her anti-Western stance but she wasn't happy to hear that she was being paired up with Yugoslav. The UN barred any change as the UN wanted to see how human relationships among countryhumans are going to work for the entire month of February (29 days since 1992 was a leap year). For the first time since 1956, a historic encounter between Yugoslav and Russia was taking place.

Yugoslav: "What do you want?"
Asked Yugo with a cold tone and a frown

Russia: "Let's just get this over with, Comrade. 29 days with an emotionally unstable twink like you. You just ain't my type."
Answered Russia with her annoyed voice.

Yugoslav: "And neither are you. You aren't like-minded. You don't follow communism like I do because I reject Serbian values and only stick to my true Yugoslav values. That is my determination to remain communist and not conform to what the West and the East are saying."
Said Yugoslav with his pride.

Russia: "Hmph! You're still determined with your self-management despite the fact that you look like you are going to kill someone if they misunderstand you. What kind of a normal person is capable of living a stressful life like this anyway?"

Yugoslav: "That's what it feels like to fight the Second World War, all alone without any help from the Allies. This fiasco pretty much brought my mentality back to the times of the Second World War."
Said Yugoslav without ever showing a smile as a sign of his lack of happiness.

Russia: "You say all of this high and mighty and you don't even show that smile of yours. What's going on with you, Comrade?"
Russia tried to be supportive.

Yugoslav: "You big ones live on easy street. Even if your precious Soviet Union fell, you're still gonna get back on the game easily while I get to live a life as a lone stray wolf who relies on primitive lifestyle because this social stigma is simply causing me nothing but pain. The pain of social starvation!"

Russia: "Well you're the one who didn't want to be part of NATO or the Warsaw Pact so why are you complaining about not having any friends? You had the Non-Aligned Movement, dumbass!"

Yugoslav: "Yeah, I had the Non-Aligned Movement! But now they're considering to exclude me as well since they no longer have any business with me following the dissolution of my nation! Even attempting a normal talk with a random countryhuman here is hard because of how hostile they've become to me as a result of this capitalist propaganda and anti-communist sentiment."

Russia: "Yeah sure. You're trying to garner pity from me. You were a proud man who didn't give two fucks about my group and America's group. You were an obstacle to our Cold War. You were mocking us. You enjoyed every bit of it. Now look at you. You're now suddenly being a drama queen who is whining because of massive change. You just got hit with reality, Comrade!"
Russia's taunting annoyed Yugoslav a little but didn't anger him.

Yugoslav: "Well. I guess I'm not the only one here. You don't like America and this Cold War simply wasn't over ideological differences. It never was. It was simply you wanting to challenge America. Trust me, this Cold War never ended. It continues and it will reform once a new Eastern superpower rises up against America. Whenever there is West and East, there will be a third way. And so, there will be a new Yugoslavia."
Yugoslav's taunting back made Russia a little angry. She then pans close to Yugoslav to intimidate him.

Russia: "Listen here, little man. You're just a midget who is nothing but an annoying prick of his own. You're immature. You never matured. You always have the shitty humor and the need to mock two of us and even create disgusting fanfics of me and America so that you can feed your own sick comedy."

Yugoslav: "Oh but if that bullet didn't pierce my eye and damage my brain, I would have probably been a normal and mature man. But the bullet gave great physical trauma to my eye that I simply resort to such shitty humor as my coping mechanism."

Russia: "Aww. Baby Yugo is suffering from trauma. He feels the need to write another one of his sick fanfictions about me sucking on American cocks cause America is my boyfriend because I am being racist to Yugoslav people."
Russia's taunt this time angers Yugoslav.

Yugoslav: "Hey. You're just overexaggerating it for your own pleasure."

Russia: "Do your worst, Yugo! I'm right in front of you, Comrade!"
Yugoslav nearly flinches on Russia before stopping himself in the nick of time.

Yugoslav: "Nah. I know your tricks. You won't persuade me to join your alternative Warsaw Pact, even if it means you trying to seduce me the other way."
Yugo's verbal response angers Russia. Her hands grip on Yugo's shoulders.

Russia: "Alright little boy. You just made me feel the need to beat your sorry ass up now. I don't fucking care if you have autism or an emotional disorder, you will not make me any less of a human. I'm the Motherland for Stalin's sake! I fought the Great Patriotic War and I was the one who gave you a boost in 1944 to help you liberate yourself by 1945. Quit being some punk you are or your ass is getting it!"
Yugoslav eventually sighs seeing that the situation has clearly reached an impasse.

Yugoslav: "Look. This is the same type of shit we did in 1948. It's no use. Why don't we just stop thinking about the past and simply move into a new chapter as we prepare for the coming millennium. Not to mention that this type of mentality of us arguing and almost getting physical with one another is nothing but primitive idiocracy implemented by the elites for thousands of years as the recorded history goes on."
Yugoslav's speech seemed to have diffused the tension. Russia eventually calmed down.

Russia: "You're right. I feel like a douchebag for not being a human. I'm a countryhuman representing my country. Well, let's get this assigned relationship over with by the end of this month and I won't have to deal with you like this ever again."

Yugoslav: "Yeah.. Let's get this over with. I really just have nothing much to do for, other than trying to at least get this relationship going through for the month."
Yugoslav and Russia shake hands and eventually hold hands. Both are embarrassed.

Russia: "Ehh.. This is kinda awkward."

Yugoslav: "You don't say..."

On February 1st, 1992, Yugoslavia and Russia shook hands together. The first such since 1956 when the hand shaking ended the Informbiro period. Despite their forced relationship, can Yugo and Russia try to remain normal and put their politics aside for once? Only they can decide. The two are for now in an uneasy restart. It won't be long however before these two can somehow figure out their relationship and actually flip the page for a new chapter once and for all.
Sign up to rate and review this story