Categories > Original > Drama > The Revolutionary Struggle

The Sour Beginning

by Yugoslav 0 reviews

Yugoslav and Russia are having their first day where they must spend some time together despite huge unease due to their history.

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2024-03-19 - 1507 words

0Unrated
February 1st, 1992

It is the very first day of the second month of the leap year that is 1992. The countryhumans have been paired up into some forced romance by the United Nations (what?). It was the first such in the entire history. What was the purpose of it? The UN said that it will help get nations together (despite them literally forced to be in some kind of romance). United States was paired up with Israel. The United Kingdom was paired with France, China was paired with Vietnam, and Russia was with Yugoslavia (Stalin deserved it as punishment for being greedy and making others starve to death). This is the first day. Most are new to this while some already have experience.

Yugoslav, despite his glory and legacy of not aligning with the West or the East, never had found love as no one really wanted him despite his heroic efforts. But Yugoslav at the time wasn't feeling it up until 1990. When Yugoslavia collapsed, Yugoslav simply gave up on the idea of reunifying and saw it as a call for retirement and moving into a new chapter. But even then, he wasn't able to form a family. This relationship for him was now or never, even if it was forced upon and arranged by the United Nations (why though?!).

It was a sunny day on February 1st, 1992. Yugoslav and Russia were walking in the park. Yugoslav was seen with his blue military uniform which was worn by his deceased idol, Josip Broz Tito. His hat was also blue and had the coat of arms of socialist Yugoslavia pinned on it in the center. Russia on the other hand was in her brownish clothing and her ushanka flopped with dark gray that isn't purely empty thanks to the red star which is a stain of the fallen Soviet Union. It was clear that Russia made it that she is the legal successor of the fallen Soviet Union.

The two were walking and then sat on the bench as they have walked a mere kilometer, passing by the empty branches of the trees, waiting to bloom in the next month. The wind that blew was cold, indicating that the climate was not warm much to the expense of Yugoslav's Mediterranean heritage which was used to a warmer climate. But Russia's presence is what kept him warm. Then, the silence ceased to exist once Yugoslav spoke first (Ladies first?! Where's the chivalry?).

Yugoslav: "Well. I'm still rather confused."
Yugoslav clearly was aware of the forced relationship and found it hard to adapt.

Russia: "Same. Come to think of it, I recall a memory from 1948."

Yugoslav: "Eh?"
Yugoslav too knew what was Russia going to say about the event of 1948.

Russia: "You know the time you kissed me?"

Yugoslav: "Oh yeah. Back then I was quite the punk in the clothing of a fancy military marshal. Didn't want to be no one's minion or slave. It was simply me being impulsive and me attempting to assert my dominance onto you, Rossiya."
Yugoslav tried to get Russia engaged by calling her name in her native language. She giggled nervously.

Russia: "I find it funny that you had the nerves to do that. You really are a rebel. You never conform to what is enforced upon by the West or the East. That is what I like, coming from a socialist like you who took inspiration from me."

Yugoslav: "Yeah. Self-determination. I always stuck to the words of Lenin. You were a Stalin girl and you didn't like it when I wasn't an avid supporter of your "socialism in one country" policy. You know that such reminded me of when the Serbs were the supreme lords in the monarchist Yugoslavia. Thank goodness that people chose the right leader and the right system."
Yugoslav prides himself.

Russia: "Ha! I now remember! You're quite the smart type of a commie. You were always looking to pinch on me for supporting Stalin and say how communism isn't Russian and that communism is for the people. You were always the cynical guy who never trusted me because you've always complained about me not letting other nations decide on their fate of socialism."

Yugoslav: "At least you had a "Trotsky" to pick a bone with. Hehe!"
Yugoslav said this in an attempted flirty tone to fluster Russia.

Russia: "Urgh. If you don't stop, I'll send one to Belgrade and I won't have to send another one."
Russia tries to entertain Yugoslav by using his words. Yugoslav laughed and then responded.

Yugoslav: "The student has learned something from the teacher."
He smiled as Russia enjoyed spending time with him.

Russia: "A pleasure to have some time with you."
As she says that. Yugo suddenly feels hungry.

Yugoslav: "About time we hold hands on our way to a restaurant. Shall we?"
Yugoslav's request made Russia still rather nervous. It was understanding of why. She eventually was reluctant to hold hands with Yugoslav.

Yugoslav and Russia held hands and walked through the park, looking for a good restaurant to chow down. Russia's face was seen with a nervous frown and a blush in her face. She was rather upset that she was flattered by Yugoslav. Then she broadly grins with the blush intact as she couldn't let go of this opportunity. They approach the restaurant. The restaurant was crowded with other assigned couples.

In the restaurant there was America with Japan, Britain and France, Germany and Poland, the usual. There were other couples not quite with the chemistry that one would expect such as Canada and Ukraine, South Korea and Taiwan, and such. There were also empty seats as well. Yugoslav and Russia proudly sat beside the window. Unexpectedly, Russia sat next to Yugoslav. Yugoslav struck gold with Russia.

Yugoslav: "Already a step forward?"
Yugoslav is enamored by Russia's move.

Russia: "I'm just using the last of the Winter move just like I did in the Winter of '41."
Russia says it in a flirty manner.

Yugoslav: "I have prevailed in the winter twice in 1942 and 1943-44."
Yugoslav backfires with a reference to the two of the seven enemy offensives he fought.

Russia: "I guess Drvar wasn't enough for sneaky and weird men like you and I wish I had the skills of your hide and seek."
Russia compliments Yugoslav's guerilla warfare.

Yugoslav: "I kept the game going for four years. At least saved you the trouble for a bit."
Yugoslav's compliment amuses Russia.

Russia: "And I returned the favor."
Russia responded with a grin on her face and a blush.

Both Yugoslav and Russia were interrupted by the waiter. They ordered their lunch in the restaurant. After the lunch they decided to leave and continue their flirtatious adventure in Yugoslav's house where Yugoslav would proceed to give a house tour.

Yugoslav: "This is my house."
Yugoslav points at the house which has been ghosted since 1990 with only Yugoslav being the remaining the inhabitant. The home has a bluish exterior. The rooms await for the introduction.

Russia: "For a man like you, this house seems fine."
Russia is surprised that Yugoslav is able to maintain a house on his own.

Yugoslav: "Indeed. First time since 1990 that someone else be visiting my house."
They enter the house after that.

Yugoslav: "This is where it all started. I remember buying this house somewhere in 1946. To think that it stands still says a lot but the hardest part is getting a family."

Russia: "I didn't know you were in pursuit for a family."

Yugoslav: "Years of political hardwork have paid me well but now, as 1990 came, the time had come for me to eventually just retire and focus on the more peaceful aspect of life that is all not so dull. Now, it is about time to have it."

Russia: "A family? We just started getting along together and now you're already seeking a family thing from me?"
Russia asked in a rather annoyed tone.

Yugoslav: "Oh. Impulsive reaction."
Yugoslav responded in a rather worried tone as he felt stupid for making that.

Russia: "Huh? What made you feel emotional all of a sudden over a simple question, Mr. Emotional?"
Russia asked with a surprised look.

Yugoslav: "You bother even asking me that?!"
Yugoslav replies in a rather annoyed tone.

Russia: "Alright, Yugo. Let's sit on the couch."

Yugoslav: "Well, can't argue on that."
Yugoslav is honest about his sudden build-up of emotions and decides to try talk it out.

Russia: "What is going with you?!"

Yugoslav: "Well, you've guessed one part."

Russia: "Well, what caused it?"

Yugoslav: "No. I don't think you'll understand me. Literally we just started being together today."

Russia: "I'll try."

Yugoslav: "Try at your own risk."

Russia: "Hey! I may be physically stronger than the traditional girly girl but I also am emotionally present. Perhaps something I never introduced to you as I tend to be cold."
Russia's last sentence was bright.

Yugoslav: "Heh. Well, You've convinced me."
Yugoslav was prepping up his backstory.

this part isn't finished yet.
Sign up to rate and review this story