Categories > TV > Stargate: SG-1 > Rosha

Hiding

by Meushell 0 reviews

Rosha settles into the community.

Category: Stargate: SG-1 - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2024-06-25 - Updated: 2024-06-25 - 1337 words - Complete

0Unrated

"Ack!"

Jolinar's waking was a bit sudden. What is it?

What's that awful taste?

Jolinar's worries of what caused Rosha's reaction ceased. Medicine. Go back to sleep. Her thoughts were slow.

Not tired.

/Very well. Don't wake me again. /Jolinar didn't really finish the thought as she fell asleep beforehand.

Rosha easily figured out what her symbiote planned to say. She frowned slightly, wondering what building she was in, and why she was laying on a cushy floor. She discovered her foot was wrapped, and wondered if she was in some type of medical building.

She yawned slightly, deciding to take Jolinar's advice and go back to sleep. Rosha moved carefully to lie on her side, and puffed up her pillow. She fell back asleep.

x-x-x

"Martash."

For a second Rosha thought someone was calling Martouf, but realized that wasn't the case, and started drifting back to sleep.

Wake up, he's calling you.

"Jolinar, I'm sleeping."

"Martash?"

/Answer him, /Jolinar thought, who had been awake for hours, busy healing her host.

My name isn't Martash. Rosha frowned, and then the memories of the day before came as she started waking up. "Oh."

"I need to check the bandages," said a man, who Jolinar quickly informed was Healer Bash. He approached after Rosha nodded, and started unwrapping the bandages. "Who is Jolinar?"

"What? Oh. Sister. Jolinar is my sister."

The Healer smiled as he continued working. "I have heard the name before."

Rosha felt worried. "Have you?"

He nodded, "Yes. Don't remember where though. Hmm." He seemed to shrug it off without thought, and continued his work.

As days passed, Bash was quite amazed how quickly her ankle was healing. "You must be blessed to be able to heal so quickly," he had said. To which Jolinar thought, He called me a blessing.

Knowing that his patient would likely have no way to pay him, he asked if she'd help him around the place once she was fully healed.

Rosha had agreed, glad to be able to contribute while she was in hiding. He had given her a room to stay in, which she was happy to see had normal flooring, and provided her with four meals a day. In return she helped keep the place clean, and assisted some of the patients. A week after helping, Bash started paying a low fee in salt water. Rosh learned that if she boiled the water off, added more water to clean, and then boiled that water off, the salt left would be worth three times as much as the original salt water.

Bash knocked on her open door three months after living there. She always left it open, not comfortable with having doors around friends, but he still always knocked. "Would you like to visit another planet?" he asked. "We have a few allies we trade with. I am going with the traders today to exchange new medicines and ideas with their Healer."

Shall we go, Jolinar?

It would be good to know who their allies are.

"Sounds good," Rosha replied.

The Healer nodded, and started heading out. "Oh, Martash, if you have anything you might want to trade, bring it with you."

Rosha nodded. "Thank you." She watched Bash leave. Do we have anything to trade?

Just a necklace.

Jolinar! Martouf/Lantash gave that to us! How would they feel if we traded it away? /She felt doubt from her symbiote that they would see them again. /We will see them again. /She went through a box in her room, and pulled out the outfit she had come in. /Someone might like this, and if any Tok'ra happens to visit the planet, they will recognize it, and ask where they got it.

They must be worried about us. Perhaps even already mourning us.

It took Rosha a second to realize Jolinar was still talking about their loves. As far as the Tok'ra would be concerned, they and Barg/Aron would have just disappeared. Barg/Aron's murder might have even been discovered. Rosha and Jolinar knew how the council worked, and were sure they would soon be given up for dead, if they weren't already. Martouf would not give up so easily on us. Even if Lantash's beliefs do cause him to think we are dead, then both of them will have a good surprise when we find them.

Rosha folded her clothes, grabbed some salt, and went out to join the Healer. He nodded towards her, and they headed to the Chaapa'ai. "What planet are we headed to?"

"Nasya."

Rosha nodded lightly, not knowing much about that planet. She watched one of the traders enter in the symbols. Have we been there before?

I haven't been to Nasya in 300 years. The Goa'uld, Apophis to be exact, was still in control at the time, but I am sure they he has left now.

Rosha smiled as she realized Jolinar had worked on the planet Lantash and Selmak. She entered the horizon and stepped out onto another planet.

The Nasyans seemed slightly more primitive than the Yra from the building style, living in huts instead of strong permanent buildings. The closest town was much closer to the Chaapa'ai compared to the Yras.

A Nasyan female approached the group. "I am sorry, but you will have to wait, Faron is missing."

Rosha frowned, worried why someone would be missing.

One of the traders stepped forward. "What happened?"

"He had been curious to learning about hunting, and went with the hunters on a trip. A great cloud came down on us, and the group accidentally separated. After the cloud lifted, the hunters knew how to get home, but Faron did not."

"We will help you search for him," one of the traders said, and then turned to the rest of his group. "Those who don't wish to help, stay at their village."

We will help, /Jolinar thought. /Hopefully the forest hasn't changed much in 300 years.

Rosha nodded, and quickly started following Bash and the traders, who all wanted to help. A hunter was assigned to help them navigate the forest. "Thank you for helping us," he said. "Faron was a good friend of mine. I should have been watching more carefully when the cloud came."

"Do not blame yourself," Jolinar said, speaking in Rosha's voice. She had taken over since she knew more about this area. "I know from experience that a clouded forest is very thick. We will find him." The Tok'ra would have given up on us by now if we were lost in a forest.

They are not that bad, Rosha thought back.

They are probably performing yet another funeral for us, as we speak.

Rosha chuckled, and was glad she wasn't in control that moment. Three times before, the Tok'ra had a funeral for her and Jolinar, only to be surprised that they were not dead. Rosha and Jolinar had actually once dialed in on one of the funerals.

No one said anything during rest of the way to the forest, which was a half hour walk. As they entered, Jolinar was surprised how little the forest had changed over the last three centuries. Jolinar pointed out certain areas to Rosha as they searched for Faron.

We hid behind those trees from some Jaffa. See, the big root of that tree, Lantash tripped over that.

Rosha laughed as Jolinar gave her a visual of Lantash and his at-the-time host tripping into mud. He had a nice looking host.

I don't think Martouf would like you thinking that. Oh, and over there is where we ambushed the Jaffa. Here is where-

Jolinar stopped, noticing lone tracks heading down an old path. "Did any of the hunters go this way?"

The hunter looked at the barely visible tracks, which he wasn't sure were there. "I don't believe any of us did." He headed down the path. "Faron!"

They reached a glade, and the group started splitting up to look around. "Don't go too far," the hunter said.

To be continued…
Sign up to rate and review this story