Categories > Anime/Manga > Saiyuki

Aesthetics of Snow

by fireun 1 review

Everything showed up better against the perfectly pristine backdrop of new snow.

Category: Saiyuki - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Cho Hakkai, Sha Gojyo - Published: 2006-10-04 - Updated: 2006-10-05 - 292 words - Complete

2Funny
Disclaimer- not mine. merely borrowing. no profit made.




Everything showed up better against the perfectly pristine backdrop of new snow.

"Crap. It's too damn cold out here. Fucking snow."

Not that everyone had the aesthetic sense to appreciate it.

Sha Gojyo, for instance, seemed to be rather disgusted with the light, fluffy snowfall, and Hakkai couldn't help but grin. It was amusing really, watching the redhead stomp through the few inches that had accumulated over night, his shoulders hunched forward petulantly, face twisted into a rather entertaining breed of grimace.

"SHIT. Got some in my damn boot." Gojyo fussed, shaking the offending limb ineffectively.

"If you lifted your feet when you walked..."

"The damn stuff is everywhere. Doesn't matter how the hell I am walking." Gojyo groused, shoving his hands deeper into his pockets.

"I'll make some tea as soon as we get home."

"Tea aint gonna cut it. Weather this shitty calls for a couple shots of whiskey. That'll warm me up." Gojyo kicked at a small snowdrift, and then flailed comically as his feet slipped out from under him, tenuous footing betrayed by a patch of ice hidden beneath the snow.

Everything really did show up better in front of the backdrop of clean, fresh snow. The vivid red of Gojyo's hair was no exception.

"What the fuck are you staring at."

"Ah, nothing much." Hakkai smiled gently, appreciating the way a slight flush was spreading across Gojyo's features, adding still more color to the washed out winter morning.

"Give me a hand, dammit!"

"In a moment."

"...Stop laughing at me."

"I'm not laughing. Merely appreciating the view."

While Gojyo's response was not verbal, it got the point across. Chuckling, Hakkai moved forward to aid his embarrassed and irate lover
Sign up to rate and review this story