Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (Joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 44 All In A Days Work 3-The Rest of the Evening

by Reign_Madden 1 review

Please r&r

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor - Published: 2006-10-05 - Updated: 2006-10-05 - 2682 words

0Unrated
18.00
Frankie's p.o.v

We had played our set earlier and we were going to find Reign, but we were just too exhausted. We'd also done an interview with Kerrang Magazine so we came back to the bus to chill out. We were deciding what to do since we had the rest of the evening to ourselves when Reign walked in.
'There you are Zero' I say as she walks onto the bus 'Where have you been?'
'I was with Benji' she says kissing my forehead
'Ohh at it again are we' I tease
'No' she replies hitting me playfully 'we were celebrating actually' she says falling onto my lap
'Celebrating what?' Mikey asks
'The end of an era, we managed to get rid of Kara' she gloats smiling.
'Oh yeah how did you do that?' I ask
'Well to be honest she got rid of herself she was bragging about how easy it was to get rid of me and Joel over heard her. He then kicked her out of the bus and called her a cab' she explains playing with my hair.
'Is he alright?' Ray asks from over his laptop.
'Well yeah I guess so, I don't know' she answered uncertainly 'I'll think I'll call him'
'Wait you need to call Jason first.' I inform her
'How comes?' she asks getting off my lap
'I don't know I was talking to Maria earlier and she said to get you to call him.'
'Oh, ok I'll do it now.' She says disappearing into the bunk area.

Normal p.o.v

You are nervous about calling Jason, you know that this would be the break up call and your not unhappy about breaking up with him, you're just nervous about how he'd be feeling. In all fairness you haven't been the best girlfriend lately. But it's ahrd being so far away and even harder now Benji's reappered looking all cute and stuff.
'Hey it's me' you say after he picks up
'I know it's you' he says laughing 'how are you?'
'I'm fine and you?'
'Yeah I'm great, how's the tour going?' he asks
'It's amazing I'm having a great time.' You say settling yourself on Bob's bunk.
'I'm glad to hear it, listen I'm phoning because...I'm not sure...I wanna know...What I mean to say...' He stutters, he was never good with confrontation.
'You want to know what's going on between us.' You say helping him out.
'Yeah that's what I was trying to say, I don't know what's going on' he admits

18.45
Gerard's p.o.v

'Hey' I greet everyone closing the bus door behind me.
'Where have you been?' Mikey ask, eyeing me suspiciously.
'I got stopped by some fans on the way back and we were just chatting.' I reply
'Meet anyone interesting.' Ray asks
'Yeah actually I did, some guy who's a serious fanatic he follows the tours and watches all the bands, and he does it every year.' I say kicking off my shoes and hanging up my jacket.
'That's is extreme, but very cool all at the same time.' Ray replies
'Where's Doll Face?' I question sitting down next to Bob.
'She's in there, talking to Jason' Mikey answers pointing to the bunks.
'Oh yeah, it must be the make it or break it call' I say.
'I bet you $10 that they break up tonight' Mikey proposutions Frankie
'What! No way I hooked them up, it's not the end man.' Frankie cries
'Yeah it is' Ray chimes in 'but they'll break up after the tour, she'll get home, they'll have break up sex and that's it. I bet you $20'
'Your wrong, I'm the punk cupid okay. This is not the end' Frankie states 'Shhh! She's coming.'

Normal p.o.v

'Hey' you say kissing Gerard on the cheek.
'Doll Face where has thou been, I haven't seen thee all day.' He exclaims
'I have been vanquishing demons' you reply grabbing some cookies from the cupboard.
'What demons?' he inquires raing his eyebrow.
'Kara demons' you say through a mouth full of cookie 'it was fun.'
'I'm glad you enjoyed yourself' Gerard says winking at you.
'Sooo how's Jason?' Mikey asks
'Jason is fine' you answer accidently spraying crumbs everywhere.
'Reign don't talk with your mouth full' Ray reprimands you brushing crumbs off his lap.
'Why not?' you say deliberately spraying cookie everywhere. Ray gives you one of his "behave yourself" looks and you grin widely showing the half chewed cookie stuck in your teeth.
'Sooo you and Jason' Mikey says again
'What about us?' you ask wiping the cookie debris off your lap.
'Are you making it or breaking it?' he says
'Why are you so interested?' you reply eyeing him suspiciously.
'I'm not interested' he said folding his arms 'I'm merely concerned for you.'
'Concerned my ass, you've got a bet going haven't you?' you accuse looking at each of them.
'What! I can't believe you would accuse us of something like that, did you break up or not? I'm outraged that you'd think we'd do such a thing' Mikey says seriously.
'I'm not telling' you say getting up and putting the cookies back in the cupboard. 'It's between myself and Jason.'
'Fair enough' Gerard says 'so what are we doing tonight lady and gentlemen?'
'Let's go out to eat, and maybe catch a movie' Ray suggests
'Ohhh lets go bowling' you exclaim excitedly
'Nooooo not bowling' Bob and Gerard say together 'anything but bowling' Bob continues.
'Oh but I like it' you pout, sticking your bottom lip out.
'Well tough tits, we're not doing it' Mikey says adjusting his glasses.
'So it's dinner and a movie then.' Frankie says getting up.
'I guess so' Ray says following his lead.
Just then your cell phone rings you run over to your jacket, pull out the phone and answer it.
'Hey Benji' you say smiling to yourself
'Hey Reign, I'm just calling to ask if you've seen Joel' he says
'No I haven't not since earlier'
'Oh, it's just I've tried his cell and I can't reach him' He admits
'Have you tried Tony and Matt?' you enquire starting to worry.
'I don't need to they're right here.' He says
'Hi Houdini' you hear them shout in the background.
'Maybe we should go look for him?' You suggest glancing over your shoulder at Gerard.
'No it's still early, plus I don't want to ruin your plans' Benji say matter-of-factly
'How do you know I have plans?' you ask
'Where in New York and it's a "lovely" evening, everyone has plans' he says
'So Mr Madden what are your plans?' you ask casually.
'Me and the guys are going to a strip club.' He answers clearly.
'Oh really, well enjoy yourselves and don't do anything I wouldn't do' you say playfully.
'Well if I remember correctly that means we can do pretty much anything' he says laughing
'Shut up Benj' you retort grinning.
'I gotta go if you hear from Joel let me know okay' he says.
'Will do and vice versa' you reply
'By the way I was only kidding about the strip club' he says
'Sure you were' you reply hanging up.

19.30
Bob's p.o.v

'So what do you guys want to eat?' I ask as we walked through the city and all the restaurants were surrounding us.
'I don't know, I'll eat whatever' Reign answers looking up at the sky
'Me too, I don't care what I eat as long as it's food' Frankie says patting his stomach
'I second that' Gerard mummbles sparkling up a cigarette.
'Are you okay Kid?' I say looking at Reign
'Yes' she relies smiling at me 'I was just thinking about Joel'
'And what were you thinking?'
'I was just wondering if he was ok and if he's back with Benji.' She replies
'I'm sure he is and don't worry about him he'll get over what happened today' I say knowingly.
'I hope so.' She says
'So tell me about this ingenious plan you had to get rid of Kara.' I laugh.
She told me about the plans she made with Benji and Lisa, she also told me what she did during the day.
'That might've actually worked you know' I saylighting a cigarette.
'I don't think it would have' she said linking my arm.
'How come?' I ask exhaling
'Because there's a good chance that when I actually saw Kara I would have pounced on her' she replies laughing.
'I can see that happening.' I smile.
We walked in silence towards the restaurant I was listening to Gerard humming and Ray talking about The Used.
'I met a guy today that follows the tour every year, can you imagine that?' Reign sayus breaking the silence.
'That's madness, you know it's probably the same guy that Gerard met earlier.' I recall
'I think it's pretty cool' she says
'Wait a sec, why are you talking to strangers?'I ask suddenly.
'I wasn't exactly talking to him, he needed a seat and the one opposite me was unoccupied.'She answers.
'Kid, you shouldn't talk to strangers, even if they do sit opposite you.' I say
'Oh c'mon Bob, we were in Starbucks, it's not like he approached me in the street.' she reasons.
'That doesn't matter it's still risky, Reign' I tell her.
'Ok then go and tell Gerard that he shouldn't speak to strangers either' she argues.
'That's different, Gerard is...well he's a...' I stammer looking for the right words.
'It's okay for Gerard because he's a guy.' She says unlinking her arm.
'Exactly and he's not as pretty or naïve as you.' I say reaching for her hand.
'I'm fucking gorgeous what the hell are you talking about?' Gerard shouts at us.
'I'm not naïve, I'm just friendly' she says folding her arms stubbornly.
'Look all I'm saying is don't be too friendly and keep your guard up, you're a girl so naturally some guys will try to take advantage of you.' I explain.
'I'm well aware of the dangers of speaking to strangers, and not only that Bob but if you hadn't noticed you guys watch me 24/7 so nothing could happen to me anyway.' she exclaims.
'Ok ok don't get your knickers in a twist' I say putting my arm across her shoulder 'I'm just looking out for you that's all'

Normal p.o.v

The guys decided on a small low-key restaurant to eat. It was really nice inside the only way you could describe it would be to say it was cosy, especially since you were seated by the windows and you could see people rushing by outside.
'I'm really glad we're doing this' Gerard says pulling your seat out.
'Me too, it's been ages since we've had dinner like this' Ray agrees picking up a menu
'I like it when we spend time together' you say opening your menu.
'We barely saw you today' Mikey says snatching the menu out of your hands 'I nearly started to miss you'
'That's sweet and there's no need to snatch James' you say calling him by his middle name since you know he dislikes it.
'You were hogging it Leigh' he says slapping your hands away as you try to take it back.
'Now now children there's another one here' Frankie says handing you the spare menu.
'I don't want that one Anthony' you say attempting to grab your original menu.
'Seriously Mikey give her back her menu.' Gerard says lighting a cigarette.
'What! No way Arthur' he says bursting into laughter. Just seeing the look on Gerard's face was enough to get you going and you and Mikey collapse into a fit of giggles.
'What's everyone eating?' Gerard asks kicking Mikey under the table.
'Ouch! I want chicken' Mikey says tilting his head sideways and looking at the menu.
'I want steak, give me steak' Bob says pretending to wipe drool from his mouth
'I would like king prawn salad with a side order of...Joel! You exclaim looking out the window.
'A side order of Joel, I always knew you were kinky' Frankie laughs.
'No he's outside across the street.' You say getting up.
'Oh so he is' Ray says turning back to his menu.
'Please order for me' you say grabbing your jacket
'Whoa wait where are you going?' Gerard asks
'Just outside, I need to talk to him I'll be right back.' You say sprinting to the door.

9.00pm
Joel's p.o.v

This whole day has been messed up. I do feel better now Kara's gone it's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, but I feel really lonely too.
I've been walking around New York city since this afternoon thinking it would make me feel better but truth be told, it's not doing much for me. Benji's been calling my cell non-stop but I haven't answered there's no point I'm heading back now anyway.
'Hey Joel!'
I look across the street and see Reign waving at me; She glances at the traffic and sprints across the road.
'Where have you been?' she asks throwing her arms around my neck.
'I've just been walking' I answer not returning the embrace
'You know Benji's looking for you right?' she says stepping back.
'Yeah I know, I was just heading back' I reply
'Can I join you?' she says doing up her jacket.
'Nah I'd rather just be alone if that's ok, plus shouldn't you be eating with your friends.' I say nodding in the direction of the restaurant
'Yeah but they won't mind you're my friend too' she says touching my arm.
'Since when, I thought we were forgetting yesterday ever happened.' I recall remembering what she said the last time we talked.

Normal p.o.v

'I didn't mean what I said yesterday' you say looking up at him.
'It sounded like you meant it to me.' he retorts.
'Joel I was really mad and so much was going on, I was really emotional and I said a lot of stuff that I didn't mean. I'm sorry' you say trying to catch his eyes.
'Sure you are.' He says
'No really I am, and I do want us to be frie...'
'Look can we talk about this tomorrow, I really just want to be alone' he says cutting you off.
'No I want to talk about it now' you say getting annoyed.
'Well I don't want to, so I'm going home. We can either talk about this tomorrow or you can keep pissing me off and we don't talk at all. The choice is yours.' He says heatedly.
'Tomorrows fine.' You say quietly, you know better then to push him. Why's he being such a jerk?
You watch him walk off and you turn away and walk back to the restaurant. You take out your cell and dial Benji's number.
'Hey it's me Reign,' you say when he answers
'Hey what's up?'
'I just saw Joel he's on his way back to the bus, he'll be with you soon.'
'That's great, thanks for letting me know' he replies you can hear the relief in his voice.
'Your welcome,'
'Reign are you ok?' he says
'Of course everything's fine' you lie
'Are you sure? You don't sound fine.'
'I'm just hungry that's all, I have to go the others are waiting for me' you respond crossing the street.
'Well I'm here if you need to talk, I'll speak to you later' he says
'Bye Benj'
You hang up and pocket your phone just as you reach the entrance of the restaurant, you push open the door and walk into the warm dining area. You watch your guys laughing and eating at the table, they look like they're really enjoying themselves. You straighten up and plaster a smile across your face as you join them at the table.
'Are you and Joel okay? Everything cool?' Ray asks shoving a potato in his mouth.
'Everything is fine' you lie 'Me and Joel are great.'

Sign up to rate and review this story