Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Flipped: A different Inuyasha story

Episode 2: Inuyasha, meet Kagome

by animecrazedgirl 3 reviews

Things get a little trickier when a demon attacks. Who knew one little mistake could have such big consequences?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Inuyasha,Kagome,Rin - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-10-05 - Updated: 2007-08-15 - 3537 words - Complete

1Original
A/N: Hiya guys! Thanks for the reviews! I love them!
Yes, Kewsithydemon, Tia is a made up character! She came out of my own head! Plus, I have most of my stories on fanfiction.net too! I've got 10 chapters of Flipped already posted there and a lot of other stories i've written! My pen name there is katanna tagurasha! You can check them out if you want!
Thanks chantel! I'm glad you liked it!
-------------------------------

Disclaimer: I'm so sorry! I forgot to put the disclaimer in the first chap but here it is now! I do not own the Inuyasha show or any characters related to it! I only own this idea and you can't have it!

-------------------------------

Edited: April 15, 2007

A/N: Enjoy this hopefully better version...

-------------------------------

Japanese Volcabulary:

inuhanyou: half dog demon

baka: idiot or stupid or fool

nani: what

Kami: God

hanyou: half demon

Onii-chan: Older Brother

Name:

Kiken-na-inu mori: Dangerous Dog Forest

-----------------------------

Episode 2: Inuyasha, meet Kagome

Inuyasha sat in the largest hut in the village with the young woman, which happened to be her hut seeing as she was the headmistress of the village, in one of the sitting rooms.

"I'm so sorry about how you were treated. But really it's hard for the villagers not to be cautious," said the woman. "You were hanging around in Kiken-na-inu mori and near Kagome no less!"

"Dangerous dog forest?" Inuyasha questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes," said the woman. "It's due to the fact that the inuhanyou Kagome spent a lot of her time there and may have maybe even lived there. That's why people are so cautious around it. The villagers never quite. . . . .settled around Kagome."

'Kagome,' thought Inuyasha. 'Could she have been that girl I saw on that tree in the forest?'

"So", said the woman," What is your name? I'm Lady Rin but please don't call me Lady. I get that from the village every day and trust me. It gets tiring after awhile."

"Alright. . . .Rin," said Inuyasha, hesitantly. "Name's Inuyasha."

"Hm," said Rin," Demon Dog. An unusual name."

"Yeah well," said Inuyasha," My mom was pretty fond of dogs."

"Hm," said Rin," but it really isn't that much stranger than Sesshoumaru Onii-chan's name. Ender of the Circle of Life."

Inuyasha was about to ask who Sesshoumaru was when yells were heard from outside. Rin got up and left the room with Inuyasha following behind her. Rin slid open the door, causing the shouts to become more audible, and stepped outside, stopping after a few steps. Inuyasha stepped out of the door and looked up but instantly regretted it afterwards.

There was a kind of. . . of. . . grotesque creature that looked like a mixture between a spider, centipede, and snake gone completely wrong. He was difficult to describe. It had a long, thin, black body with patches of blood red scales covering it. 8 hairy sets of leg, protruded from each side of its body, and behind it were many smaller stubbier legs, like that of a centipede. Its upper half was a bit like that of a human but there were 3 arms with patches of coarse hair covering it like the kind on its legs. It had dark hair that looked black at first but closer it could be seen to be a very dark violet. It had 3 eyes that were an icy, even menacing shade of blue, that looked as if it may have just been tinged with the lightest of reds. There were no pupils or irises or anything, just the eyes. Occupying its mouth were 2 large fangs and its lips were black, as if they had been burnt to a dark crisp. On its chest was a sort of blue mark that looked like a large spot of ink that had been smudged a lot but wouldn't wash out. Inuyasha wanted to gag right there.

The creature was destroying huts and throwing animals around with shouts and cries of "Where's the Jewel?! Where is it?!" Then. . . .

. . . the creature turned its eyes on Inuyasha. "You have it," it said, then loudly. "I must have it! Give me the Jewel!"

The creature pounced at him but Inuyasha somehow jumped out of the way to escape. "I must have the Celestial Jewel", the spider/centipede/snake said, getting up.

Rin turned to look at him and said," What is the creature talking about?"

"I don't know!" said Inuyasha. "I don't have a jewel!"

The creature pounced again and Inuyasha ran towards the forest. "Wait!" cried Rin. "You can't go in there!"

"I don't really seem to have a choice here!" Inuyasha yelled, the creature hot on his heels as he got farther from the village.

"That boy's going to get himself killed," said Rin, running back inside to grab what she'd need.

---------------------------

Inuyasha got closer to the forest, as he pushed himself to run faster, to escape the creature. He reached the forest edge and just barely got out of the way of the creatures next attack. He hurriedly picked himself up and ran deeper into the forest.

"Give me the jewel!" cried the creature.

"What jewel?!" said Inuyasha," I don't have your stupid jewel!"

The creature attacked again and Inuyasha crashed to the ground, in the clearing. He looked behind him and scrambled foreward, until he was met with cloth. He looked up and saw the girl still sleeping.

'Damn', he thought. 'How can she still be asleep?!'

He spun around when the creature crashed into the clearing. He glared at him menacingly, it's fangs dripping with some strange purple liquid. "Give it to me," it rasped. "I must have it."

It looked to move toward him but it stopped as arrows bit into its scaley hide. It turned and Rin stood, holding a bow, arrows strapped to her back with many villagers behind her. The creature roared and lunged at them, but it was slowed down by a rain of spears and arrows.

"Leave you foul demon!" Rin cried.

"Don't interfere!" said the creature, suddenly, grabbing Inuyasha in its arms.

Inuyasha struggled when suddenly, the creature took a bite of his left shoulder, just inches above his heart. Inuyasha cried out as he was thrown into the air, a night blue gem emerging from the hole where the creature bit him. Inuyasha looked at it wide eyed as he and the gem descended towards the ground.

'Is that. . . the Celestial Jewel? Where did it come from?' he thought. 'Did that come from. . . me? But how?'

His thoughts were interrupted when he hit the ground, jarring his injured shoulder. He cried out in pain, clutching it as the blood stained his shirt. The creature now held the jewel in its hands.

"It's mine!" it cried, plunging its hands into its gut, burying the jewel inside. The jewel glowed brightly as a foreboding aura filled the air.

Inuyasha sat up, his hand unconciously resting on the sword emerging from the tree behind him where the sleeping girl lay and looked up at the creature, fighting for what to do. 'What can I do? What's it going to do with that jewel? We could really use help right about now!'

Suddenly, from behind him, a pulse filled the air. The sound of fighting faded into the background as he turned around slowly, looking at the girl behind him, as another pulse filled the air, slowly speeding up until it turned into a heart beat. The pulsing died down, when the girl started to stir, her brows furrowed. Then, slowly, she opened her eyes revealing glittering light brown orbs.

Inuyasha's breath hitched as he looked at the girl in shock, as she blinked a few times. Then, she turned her eyes down to him. Her eyes widened in suprise before she seemed to remember something and her expression darkened. "You. . ." she growled. "Sesshoumaru! You filthy traitor!"

Inuyasha scowled. "Now you listen here! I am not this stupid Sesshoumaru guy everyone keeps talking about! I don't care HOW much I look like him! I'm not! My name's Inuyasha and you better remem-" before Inuyasha could continue his rant, he heard the villagers cry out. He turned and soon wished he hadn't.

If the creature hadn't looked disgustingly horribly before, it did now. The upperhalf of its body was still humanoid in a ways but now almost every patch of skin that was visible before, was covered in greasy, coarse hair, and the rest was covered in slick black spines. Its fangs had somehow gotten larger and it had 2 extra eyes on its cheeks. Its tail was barbed and dripping with the same purple liquid as its fangs but darker. The stubby centipede legs were now covered with patches of red hair. All in all, Inuyasha didn't want to gag. . . . he almost felt like he had to.

Inuyasha suddenly saw a blue glow that must've been the jewel, in the creature's gut where it was buried. 'There's the jewel! How can I get it out though?'

Then, Inuyasha spied the sword, sticking out of the tree. He quickly turned to the girl, both hands on the sword and said," Do you mind if I borrow this for a second?"

Before the girl could reply, Inuyasha gave one hard tug, the blade glowing yellow as the handle changed from black to red and the three diamond shapes turning from red to yellow, as the blade slid from the tree and the girl's chest.

He turned around brandishing the blade and yelled," Thanks!" over his shoulder as he rushed towards the creature, not noticing that the vines had dissapeared, dropping the girl to the ground, or how the villagers and Rin looked dumbfounded.

Inuyasha ran towards the creature and yelled," Hey ugly! Over here!"

The creature turned, as Inuyasha leapt up onto its back. Then, the creature swung around throwing Inuyasha in the air. But as Inuyasha came down, he blindly swung the sword, hoping for the best, before hitting the creature right in the middle, slicing through it and suddenly connecting with something solid. The blue glow of the jewel became brighter and the creature cried out as it disintegrated, leaving only the jewel which the sword had connected with.

Suddenly, there was a loud, high pitched, tinkling crack, and everyone stared at the jewel, as more cracks ran through it, the blue glow emerging from them. Then, there was one final resounding crack and the jewel suddenly shattered, the pieces floating. Then, the blue glow whooshed outwards, shooting the shards high in the air and then into different directions, with tinkling, zooming sounds. Finally, the noise stopped and the glow died down to one small speck of light, that floated down and landed on the ground as one night blue shard with a final, resounding, tinkling noise before the glow finally faded in all.

Inuyasha finally landed on the ground, collapsing to his knees, eyes wide, gaping. His mouth closed, as he gulped and crawled to the tiny shard on the ground. He picked it up and stared at it, gulping louder than before.

Rin stepped foreward, and crouched down to look at the shard, as the blood drained from her face as she said simply," Oh dear."

"You idiot!"

Inuyasha and Rin turned at the voice to see Kagome standing fists clenched, looking furious. "Look what you did to the Celestial Jewel! You broke it! How stupid can you be?!" she growled, ferociously.

Inuyasha stood up and said, angrily," It's not like I did it on purpose! It was an accident!"

Kagome snarled and leaped at him, attemping a swipe at him, causing him to fall backwards, and she leaped up onto one of the fallen tree trunks, that the creature tore down.

"Oi!" said Inuyasha. "What do you think you're doing?!"

Inuyasha scrambled up as she leaped again, and crashed to the ground, just missing her claws again, as she landed on the ground not far away. She got up again and cried out, furiously," You broke the jewel, you idiotic, moronic, baka!!" as she continued her assaults.

"Oh dear," said Rin. "I had a bad feeling something like this was going to happen. Good thing I thought to bring this." She pulled a strange piece of thin paper from her kimono and held it between her fingers.

She closed her eyes and the paper started to glow green. Then, her eyes shot open and she threw the sheet of paper at Kagome. It smacked against her forehead, glowing before it melted away leaving a green kanji tatoo that spelled "subdue." Kagome stopped, landing on the ground as her eyes went cross eyed trying to glance at her forehead.

"What did you do?!" Kagome shouted, struggling to see the mark.

"Inuyasha!" Rin yelled. "Say the word to subdue!"

"Nani?" the boy replied, as he tore his eyes from Kagome, still trying to see the mark, to Rin," What are you talking about?"

Suddenly, Kagome gave up on the mark and started charging towards Inuyasha.

"Say the subduing word!" said Rin.

Inuyasha turned his eyes to the charging Kagome, getting closer by the second, frantically wracking his brain. He looked her over and as he saw her ears flattened against her head, Inushiro popped into mind.

"Stay!" he cried out.

It all happened so quickly. Kagome was running towards him when suddenly, her legs collapsed beneath her, causing her to stop in her tracks. She sat there, looking confusedly at her legs, when suddenly, she shuddered and started to rub them. "Kami!" she shouted," What'd you do?!"

"I'm sorry, Kagome," Rin said," But you had it coming to you."

Kagome looked up and growled. Inuyasha looked at Rin blinking bewiderly and said," What did you do anyways?"

"Oh," said Rin," I just put a simple subduing spell on her in the form of that kanji mark on her forehead. It doesn't really hurt her or anything. It just paralyzes her legs, so she's unable to move them and makes them kind of uncomfortable for a few moments. Oh look, she's got the movement in her legs back now."

"You're going to regret doing that!" said Kagome, ignoring Inuyasha and running towards Rin.

"Inuyasha," said Rin," If you don't mind. . . "

Inuyasha grinned and said," Sure. Stay!"

Kagome's legs collapsed under her and she glared at Inuyasha and Rin, snarling. "When I get the feeling in my legs again. . ."

"You might not want to finish that threat. . . Kagome, was it?" said Inuyasha, smirking.

Kagome just glared, growling before she let out her frustration, clawing the ground beside her as she shouted," Damn you!"

--------------------------

"NANI?!" said Kagome, staring at Rin in disbelief," We have to WHAT?"

Rin sighed and said," You two have to work together to find the shards of the jewel. You had to have heard me say that with your hanyou hearing, Kagome."

"Hanyou?" Inuyasha questioned.

Rin turned and said," Yes. Kagome is only half demon, unlike the demon you saw before."

"That was a lesser demon," said Kagome. "I may be hanyou but I still could have destroyed it if I wanted to and why do you keep talking like you know me?"

"You do not remember me?" asked Rin.

Kagome turned and looked at her confusedly. "Should I?"

Rin sighed. "I guess I really shouldn't expect you to remember. I was only a young child then." She looked at Kagome. "It is me, Rin. I was the little girl that followed Sesshoumaru Onii-chan."

"Oh yeah," said Kagome," His little sister. He told me he adopted you after he found you, and that your family had been killed by wolves."

Rin's face seemed to sadden slightly. "Sesshoumaru Onii-chan was always so kind even if he didn't like to show it. He didn't smile much either. It was like he was always wearing some kind of mask."

Kagome's eyes seemed to flicker with sadness, before it was replaced with betrayal and she snorted. "That was before he betrayed me."

"Nani?" said Rin," What are you talking about? You're the one who betrayed Sesshoumaru Onii-chan."

"Are you calling me a liar?" said Kagome, defensively.

"I saw the claw marks you left on his side," said Rin, eyes flashing, angrily. "I was there when he was gasping for breath and the blood was pouring from those wounds. He died, Kagome. He's dead. You killed him..." Then, Rin said, thickly," Why?"

Kagome's eyes widened. "Wh-what? He. . ." She swallowed. "Sesshoumaru is dead?"

Rin nodded. "But", said Kagome," I didn't touch him. I-I'd never. . . "

Rin looked at her confused. "Weren't you the one who gave him that wound?"

Kagome shook her head. "Then", said Rin," Who did?"

"I don't know." Kagome shook her head and looked up. "How. . . .How long was I on the tree?"

Rin looked at her sadly. "15 years."

"15. . . years?" said Kagome, in shock.

"Yes," said Rin.

Kagome looked away, as she became deep in thought.

Inuyasha then spoke up. "I hate to ruin the moment and stuff but I'm still here and I've got a question. Why do we have to work together to find these shards?"

Rin looked at him. "The Celestial Jewel is very powerful and all kinds of demons want that power. The jewel as a whole can grant the wisher's deepest most secret desire. But in pieces, it can only work to give the user more power, especially if it's a demon or human who wish for that kind of power."

"Okay," said Inuyasha," I've got that but why do I have to work with. . ." His eyes drifted to Kagome. ". . . her?"

"Hey!" said Kagome," You got a problem with that? Besides, I don't need you. I could find them myself."

"Actually," said Rin," You might need Inuyasha's assisstance. He's probably the only one who could really find them."

"Why's that?" asked Inuyasha.

"Because you can weild Sesshoumaru Onii-chan's sword," said Rin, motioning to the sword, now at his side.

"What's that got to do with it?" asked Inuyasha, unconciously, placing a hand on the hilt.

"That's a special sword," said Rin. "It was specially designed only for the one who would keep the jewel out of harm and it can also gives the weilder the ability to sense the jewel's presence and safety so. . . that means you can also sense the presence of the shards."

"Then," said Inuyasha," how am I able to use the sword?"

Rin looked at him and said," Inuyasha. I've been around Sesshoumaru Onii-chan long enough, that I'm able to sense the presense of his soul if I try hard enough and today, when you were brought to the village, I sensed his soul." Inuyasha looked, confused and Rin sighed. "You have his soul, Inuyasha, which I'm pretty sure means you're his reincarnation."

"Say what?!" "Nani?!"

Inuyasha and Kagome looked at eachother and blinked before turning back to Rin.

"How would you know?" Kagome demanded. "Only a priestess or priest could do that!"

"Well," said Rin," I believe I may have slight priestess powers. You know, enough to sense someone's presence that I've hung around enough here. A small subduing spell there. You know, simple stuff."

"You mean", said Inuyasha," I'm the reincarnation of some guy who died 15 years ago?"

"Not counting what you've told me about the well and the fact that it's a time traveling well," said Rin. "You know, I always knew there was something strange about that well. And. . . . the fact that you're Sesshoumaru Onii-chan's reincarnation also explains a few things."

"Like what?" Inuyasha said.

"Like", said Rin," the fact you could almost be his twin. I mean, you have the same white hair. . ."

"It's a really light blonde", Inuyasha replied.

". . .the same gold eyes. . ." Rin continued, seeming to not have heard him.

"Just a really light brown."

" You have the same build", said Rin," Tall and lean, yet a bit muscular. I mean, you even look the same age. What are you? 18? 19?"

"I'm 17", Inuyasha grumbled.

Rin shrugged. "Two years off, but close enough."

Inuyasha crossed his arms and looked at her. "You do know I'm not Sesshoumaru, right?"

Rin's eyes widened slightly before softening. "I know. I'm sorry but... it's just it has been so long..."

Inuyasha sighed and uncrossed his arms. "It's okay."

Suddenly, Kagome got up, pushed aside the bamboo mat that was the door, and walked outside.

"What's up with her?" asked Inuyasha.

"Inuyasha," said Rin," How would you feel if you suddenly found out a person you cared about was dead? I think Kagome may have had feelings for Sesshoumaru Onii-chan. They spent a lot of time together back then. I think they may have even loved eachother."

Strangely, that thought made Inuyasha's heart clench in an unusual way.

'Hm,' thought Inuyasha putting a hand to his chest,' I wonder what that was about.' He mentally snorted. 'It's not like I care.' Yet. . . he felt strangely doubtful about that.

-----------------------------

A/N: Okay! So what do you think? Good? Bad? Terrible? Great? Okay? I can't wait to hear from you and to add the next chapter! And could you tell me about any stories you've written or would like to reccomend? I would love to read them!
Sign up to rate and review this story