Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Flipped: A different Inuyasha story

Episode 3: Home Again

by animecrazedgirl 0 reviews

Just look at the episode title. That's kind of a big hint.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Inuyasha,Kagome,Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-08-15 - Updated: 2007-08-15 - 3385 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: Hey guys! I would like to thank you for reviewing! Thanks! Now for the next chapter! I hope you enjoy it!
Thanks smoke! I'm glad you think so and you're going to have to wait until next chapter to find out!
Thank you so much for all the reccomendations, Kewsithydemon! I can't wait to read them! I'm sorry but I can't answer your question. You'll just have to wait and see!

--------------------------

Edited: June 16 ,2007

A/N: Enjoy this hopefully better version....

-------------------------

Disclaimer: I don't own the Inuyasha show and never will so stop bugging me about it!

--------------------------

Japanese Volcabulary:

hanyou: half demon

Baka: idiot or stupid or fool

Obaa-chan: Grandmother

youkai: demon

Name:

Doryoku-mamoru: Power-protect or Power protector or Protector of Power

Inushiro: White Dog

---------------------------

VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, everybody! Listen up! I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating this! If you want to know the truth, I completely forgot about this site and that I had an account here! But I was reminded when I recieved two emails saying I had a review at a place called Ficwad.

But now I that I have been reminded, I just want to tell you a few things.

First, this story has already been completed at three other sites (Well... not exactly completed... But Part One has been finished...); fanfiction.net (under katanna tagurasha), mediaminer.org (under animecrazedgirl), and animespiral.com (under animecrazedgirl).

Second, the original two chapters you saw have now been replaced with their editted versions. It'd probably be best if you went back and read over those. There's been a few significant changes.

And Finally... I will be posting all of the chapters in this story as soon as I've posted this chap. So, be prepared for another 27 chapters to pop up soon and for the title of this story to change from, Flipped: A different Inuyasha story, to, Flipped: A different Inuyasha story - Part One.

So, now that you know all this, you will finally be caught up with all my readers at the other three sites.

Now, enjoy this chapter and the others to come!

Sincerely,

animecrazedgirl

---------------------------

Episode 3: Home again

Inuyasha walked around the outskirts of the village with the sword, which he'd found was named Doryoku-Mamoru, at his hip and clutching the Celestial shard in his hand. He'd decided against walking in the village because Rin warned him about how they may react to him, now that they knew who he was the reincarnation of. Plus, he wanted to be alone. I mean, it was a lot to take in. Breaking the Celestial Jewel, finding out he was the reincarntion of a guy who supposedly looked like him, finding he had to work with a girl who tried to kill him... Inuyasha sighed and looked at the shard in the palm of his hand, doubtful thoughts filling his mind.

'Now how the hell am I going to manage to do this? Search for what has to be at least a hundred shards spread all over Japan with a hanyou girl who basically tried to have my head? Is Rin crazy? I can't do that.'

'You have to, you blockhead! You're the one who got yourself in this mess! You're the one who broke the jewel in the first place!'

'Don't you think I know that?! This is ridiculous! I can't do this! No sane person would!'

'So you're just going to let all those people die?! Remember what Rin said. Demons will do anything to get the shards! They'll destroy anything in there way to get to them! They'll even KILL people. Do you want that on your consience? Knowing that you could have saved so many lives by finding those shards but instead you didn't, just because you didn't think you could do it?'

Inuyasha paused at that, going over the words. 'Could I really do that?...'

He looked down at the shard his him palm and sighed. 'It really does cause a lot of trouble for such a little thing, doesn't it?'

He furrowed his brow, closing his fingers over the shard. 'Could I really live with myself if I didn't do this?'

He though about it and was suddenly filled with unmistakable guilt, giving him his answer.

He shook his head. 'No. I couldn't. I would never be able to live with myself. I'd always be wondering...'

Inuyasha sighed when he realized his feet had led him to the well. He stared at the old wood as his thoughts wandered back to when he'd been a normal guy just trying to find his dog in the forest. He frowned at that thought.

"This is all Inushiro's fault," he announced. "If he hadn't gone running into the forest, making me chase him, then I would've never fallen down the well, traveling here, become chased by a demon and ultimately, breaking the jewel." Inuyasha sighed. "I wonder if this will take me back. . . "

Inuyasha stuffed the shard in his pocket and sat down on the side of the well, his feet dangling above the darkness below. He sat there for a few moments staring down into the depths before pushing off the side with his hands, and falling down. There was a flash of purple light and the well was empty once again.

----------------------------

Kagome sat in the upper branches of a large tree far from the reaches of the village, to think over the things she'd learned today.

'I can't believe it. 15 years? . . . And Sesshoumaru. . . . How did he get those wounds? How could I have betrayed him? I've never even nicked him with my claws. I don't understand. I can still clearly remember that day he betrayed me all those years ago. . . '

~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Kagome lay on the branch of one of her favorite trees in the forest, just relaxing a bit but keeping an ear out of trouble, not that there was anything to scared of. She'd driven out most of the youkai when she first moved in. Her midnight dog ears, twitched and flicked on her head, instinctively turning towards every noise. Her eyes were closed and hearing nothing that would prove to be a danger, she relaxed a little.

Suddenly, there was a blur of movement and a slicing noise and the branch she was sitting on started falling towards the ground. Kagome quickly leapt from the branch and onto another and watched as the branch crashed to the forest floor. She sniffed the air and her eyes widened as she leapt out of the way, the blur of movement coming again. She landed on a branch, eyes still wide, and looked to see her attacker.

Sesshoumaru stood a distance away, Doryoku-Mamoru in hand, and his golden-brown eyes narrowed, frowning. His kimono sleeves fluttering in the small breeze that blew through as well as his long white-blond hair.

"Sesshou-" Kagome started to say, unbelieving.

"Die Kagome!" he shouted, turning into a blur of movement again.

Kagome leapt out of the way, but Doryoku-Mamoru caught the sleeve of her kimono, making her lose her balance. She fell to the ground and heard the sword whistling through the air. She quickly rolled to the side to avoid being stabbed through the chest and looked up at Sesshoumaru, in a crouched position.

Sesshoumaru glared venomously at her with a look of such hatred, that she shivered involuntarily.

"You are just a weak half breed and you always will be, no matter what," he said. Then his eyes narrowed before he hissed. "I hate you."

Then in one last blur of movement, he was gone. Kagome looked after him with a hurt, betrayed... heartbroken look. She wouldn't tell anyone but that wasn't the first time her heart had been broken... but it had been the one that hurt the most. Her eyes burned with supressed tears and she blinked quickly. Then, they disappeared as anger filled her.

"Sesshoumaru,"she growled. "How could you? How could I have trusted him? I'll get him for this. I hate you just as much, Sesshoumaru!"

She leapt up, quickly wiping her eyes, and leapt up into the branches, taking off towards the village.

~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Kagome shook her head, her eyes growing a bit wet. "How could I have been so stupid? There's no way that could have been Sesshoumaru. He's only human. He could have never moved that fast. Plus, if I really think about it, his scent was a little off too. I'm so stupid! If I only realized that. . ."

She suddenly stopped, as she realized something seemed out of place. She sat there trying to figure out what it was when it hit her. Inuyasha's scent wasn't in the village anymore.

'That idiot!' she thought, jumping up and leaping towards the village. 'Is he really that stupid?! He shouldn't leave the safety of the village! A demon could be drawn towards the power of the shard!' But then something else hit her causing her to almost miss the branch she was trying to land on. His scent was faint and she couldn't smell him anywhere. 'What? Where could he have. . .' Then her eyes widened. 'Didn't he mention something about a well? He wouldn't. . . .' She shifted her direction towards the old well and leapt quickly through the trees.

----------------------------------

Inuyasha was floating through the purple void again but his time when he landed, he managed to land on his feet, rather than his head. He looked up to see the tops of trees and a blue sky with puffy white clouds and the sound of bird song. "I think it worked," he said. He looked around and realized there were no vines this time. "Oh great. Now how am I going to get out?"

Suddenly, a ladder dropped down the side. He blinked, before smiling and started to climb up. He reached the top. "Hey thanks for the. . . ladder?" He blinked and looked around. There was nobody there. "Hello?" He climbed over the side and not receiving an answer, shrugged. "Oh well. At least I got out."

Then he heard a bark and turned to see Inushiro sitting on the ground, wagging his tail. He looked at the dog, suddenly recalling his earlier thoughts of how he ended up in this mess in the first place and glared at the canine. "Do you know how much trouble I went through because of you?"

Inushiro just stared at him and cocked his head to the side. Inuyasha glared a little longer before sighing and scratching Inushiro behind the ears. "Ugh. It's not fair. I can't stay mad at someone who doesn't even know what I'm saying."

Inushiro just started giving off a strange growling noise as Inuyasha continued his treatment to the dog's ears. Inuyasha stopped and stared at Inushiro. "Did you. . . Did you just purr?"

'It was a contented growl!'

"Sure it was," Inuyasha said, then suddenly his eyes widened and he stared at Inushiro. "Wa-Wait a second! Was that you?!"

Inushiro just blinked at him. Then, Inuyasha groaned. "Great! Just what I need! I imagined my dog talked to me and replied! Just great!"

Inuyasha stood up and started to walk out of the clearing when he stopped with a growl. "Now which way is home?" He sighed. "This just isn't my day, is it?"

Then, Inushiro walked past and to the edge of the clearing, stopping to look over his shoulder and bark, before walking off again. Inuyasha stared after the dog for a moment before shrugging and following. Inushiro walked through the greenery with Inuyasha behind him until they made it to the forest edge with the house in sight. Inushiro stopped and Inuyasha bent down to scratch him behind the ears. "So maybe you're good for something after all."

Inushiro seemed to ignore the comment. Shaking his mind of the weird thought, Inuyasha got up and walked out onto the shrine grounds. 'Home, sweet home,' he thought, with a grin.

"Inuyasha?"

Inuyasha turned and saw Izaiyoi in the doorway. "Hey Mom," he said, smiling.

She ran to him and quickly wrapped her arms around his waist in a fierce hug. He blinked down at her and said, confused," Mom?"

"Oh Inuyasha! I didn't know where you were and I was so worried." she cried, hugging him tighter.

'Nice going, Baka. You were gone all day yesterday, remember? You worried her!' Great. Now he felt guilty.

"I'm okay, Mom. You didn't need to be worried", he said.

She pulled away and looked at him as she demanded," Where were you, Inuyasha? Kouga dropped by yesterday and said you weren't in school."

Kouga Ookami. 16, almost 17 years old, younger by Inuyasha by a couple of months, but a total ladies man. Also, Inuyasha's former rival in middle school but now his best friend. They had both liked this girl and would constantly fight over her and such. But then, they found out what a playgirl she was and that she had a boyfriend in another school who she was cheating on with another guy, yet she would still answer their attentions. They quickly lost any affections for her after that. So, having nothing else to fight about, they learned how alike they were and became best friends.

Inuyasha looked at her and said," Mom. . . You wouldn't believe me if I told you. I mean, I wouldn't even have believed it if it hadn't happened to me."

Izaiyoi narrowed her eyes and said," Try me."

Inuyasha opened his mouth when a voice said," Is that Inuyasha?"

Inuyasha looked and saw his Grandmother, Kaede. "Hi Obaa-chan," he said.

Izaiyoi sighed and said," Come on. You can tell me inside."

Izaiyoi went with him towards the house and they went inside with his grandmother following.

-------------------------

Inuyasha was sitting on the couch with his Grandmother and Izaiyoi staring at him as he finished his story. One with a look of surprise and awe. The other with a look of disbelief and uncertainty.

"I knew it!" said his Grandmother, Kaede. "I always knew there was something about that well!"

"Inuyasha," said his Mother," I can understand your Grandmother telling me something like this, but you?"

"Mom", said Inuyasha," Do you think I could ever make something like this up?"

"No but. . . ," she said, when the door opened.

"I'm home!"

Just then, Tia came into the living room. She stopped and looked at her brother. "Oh. It's you."

"Thanks for the nice welcome," said Inuyasha, sarcastically. "I've been gone for about... one and a half days and all you can say is 'Oh. It's you.'"

"Well, excuse me for not being completely enthusiastic," she said. "Just where have you been? Mom's being worried sick!"

Inuyasha retold his story and Tia raised an eyebrow. "Heh. So were a baka even in your past life."

"Oi!" said Inuyasha.

"Inuyasha," said Izaiyoi," I'm still not sure what to think of this."

"Mom," said Inuyasha," I swear I'm not lying."

HIs mother opened her mouth, only to be interrupted again, when the door flew open. Everybody turned as an angry Kagome burst in the room.

Inuyasha's eyes widened. "Kagome?"

"What were you thinking, you idiot?!" said hanyou girl, shouted. "No, don't answer! You weren't THINKING at all!"

"What?" said Inuyasha, standing up.

"You shouldn't have wandered from the village alone!" Kagome growled, angrily. "Demons are drawn to that shard! None of them would have hesitated to kill you to get it!"

"I was just seeing if I could come back here!" Inuyasha shouted back.

"Well you found out and now you can leave!" she said, angrily, grabbing his arm and going towards the door.

"Let me go!" Inuyasha shouted, trying to get out of her inhumanly strong grip. "You can't boss me around!"

"Watch me!"

"Let go!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No! We're going back!"

"What if I don't want to?!"

"You broke the jewel! Seeing as it's your fault, you're going to fix it!"

"Why do you care so much about the jewel?!" Inuyasha said. "You should hate it! Isn't it part of the reason that Sesshoumaru guy sealed you to that tree for 15 years?!"

Kagome stopped, not looking at him. "I need it", she said, simply.

"Why?" he demanded.

She didn't answer.

"Tell me why."

She growled.

"Answer me!"

"Because!" she shouted, spinning aound," It's my fault he's dead! I didn't trust him enough to see that it wasn't him betraying me! I practically killed him! I need the jewel to right what I've done!" Then quietly. "I need to bring him back."

Inuyasha felt that strange clenching feeling again. 'I've known her only since yesterday! Why should I care?'

There was a long silence.

"Inuyasha?"

Inuyasha turned and looked at his Mom.

"Do you really have to find these shards?" she said, looking at him sadly.

He nodded and said," Yeah, Mom. If I don't. . . Rin told me that demons would be drawn to the shards and. . . " He sighed. " . . . that the shards could have landed in villages and that the demons would do whatever it takes to get the shards. . . . Even kill people, just to do it." He shook his head. "I wouldn't be able to live with myself, knowing that I would be here, safe and sound, while people would be dying because of something I did." He looked up. "I'm the only one who can find them. I have to do this."

There was a pause before Izaiyoi spoke again. "You'll . . . You'll have to fight them, won't you? Like that other demon?"

"Yeah," Inuyash nodded. "Most likely, I'll have too."

"He won't be alone," said Kagome, biting her lip. "I'll be fighting, too."

"But you don't need to worry,"said Inuyasha, smiling. "I've got Doryoku-Mamoru. . . " He patted the sword's hilt." . . . and Kagome'll be there to help as well, as irratating as she may be."

"Oi!" said Kagome, glaring.

Izaiyoi sighed and got up, walking up to him. "I know you have to do this. . . but what about the stuff here like school, your friends, and us?"

Inuyasha shook his head. "I don't really know. I haven't thought about that stuff. I just know I have to do this."

Izaiyoi looked at him and sighed. "I see," she said, sounding a little defeated. "We could tell the school you went away somewhere, maybe America or something, just until it's over."

His mom swallowed, her eyes misty. "I'll miss you."

"Mom," said Inuyasha," You make it sound like I'm never coming back."

"How do I know you won't?," she said, a tear rolling down her cheek. "How do I know you won't be killed or that you won't be able to come back or..." She put a hand to her cheek and chuckled, sadly. "I sound like a mother talking to a son who's about to go to war." She looked up at him. "But I guess you are kind of. It is the warring states era, after all."

"Oh Mom," Inuyasha said, sadly. "Don't cry."

A sorrowful smile crossed her lips. "I'm sorry. I can't help it."

"I could visit every once in a while to... to prove I'm okay", said Inuyasha unable to say 'to prove I'm alive. "If that'll make you feel better, I could do that."

Izaiyoi smiled with tears in her eyes. "That would make me feel better but I'd still worry. Are you going to leave tomorrow?"

Inuyasha opened his mouth to answer. "No. He can stay awhile."

"What?" said Inuyasha in surprise, turning to look at Kagome, her bangs shadowing her eyes. Was this the same girl who'd just tried to drag him away back to the feudal era only moments ago?

"Cherish your family while you still have them... Inuyasha." Then she let go of his arm and left the house.

Inuyasha just stared after her. 'Did... Did she just call me Inuyasha? She's only ever called me idiot or baka. Not that I care or anything.' Yet. . . it made him feel a little better.

--------------------------------

A/N: I would really like to know what you guys think about my story so I would really appreciate it if you review! You don't have to because i'll add chapters anyways but i'd really like it if you did!
Sign up to rate and review this story