Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Unwravelled Prophesy

A Fight For Love

by story_master 4 reviews

Jay takes on Cronus alone. This can only end in disaster.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-10-06 - Updated: 2006-10-07 - 1786 words

0Unrated
Tory: Sorry I didn't update yesturday but I had tons of homework. ANd I know I said I would post the beginning of the sequel to Illusion Island but I hit another writer's block with. I'm having trouble coming up with a title for th estory. But I will finish working out story details, come up with a title and hopefully post it tomorrow. At the latest I will post it on Sunday.
Ferrets: Now time for the disclaimer. Tory doesn't own CotT, but she does own her stories and us.
Tory: Enough out of us and on with the story...


The portal opened and Cronus and Jay fell out. They were in the Cronus' lair. It was dark and damp. Jay had tackled Cronus to the ground and was now, once again, in a blind rage. Cronus pushed him off and stood up to face his foe.

" Now now Jay. It wasn't very smart of you to follow me here. What with out your friends. How do you expect to beat me? I am immortal after all." Cronus taunted.

Jay knew that he couldn't actually beat Cronus. But he did know that he could hurt him. And that was exactly his plan. In seeing Jay's face burn with anger Cronus laughed. He really enjoyed to see Jay suffer.

" Where's Theresa?" Jay demanded once more.

Jay drew his xiphos and pointed it at Cronus. A smirk played across his face. Cronus summoned his scythes and took a stance, ready to take Jay on.

" I'm going to make you pay for taking her away." Jay muttered under his breathe.

'He will pay for what he did to you Theresa. I promise you that.' Jay thought as images of the redhaired beauty floated through his mind.

Then he dove at the god, wanting to make the first strike. Cronus blocked this attack, barely. The tip of Jay's blade was mere inches from his face. Cronus pushed Jay backwards and made his attack. He rushed at Jay and slashed twice, once right and once left. Jay attempted to dodge the attacks but one of Cronus' scythes caught him in the arm. Jay didn't seem to care or notice. It wasn't a deep cut, it was more like a scrape to Jay.

Cronus made another attack, this time a lunge. Jay ducked and thrust his xiphos upward. He missed Cronus but managed to render him defensless, if only momentarily. Cronus resummoned his weapons just in time to be hit by Jay's attack. Jay had stabbed Cronus through the side and blood trickled down the gods shirt. Another smirk came to Jay's face. But it faded fast as Cronus started to laugh. Then Jay looked with hopelessness at where he had just struck Cronus. The cut was healing and Cronus looked as if he hadn't even been hit.

" Remember Jay.... I'm immortal. You on the other hand are not." the demonic god of time said as he swung his scythe in an attempt to injure Jay.

Jay dodged this but stumbled backwards, briefly losing his balance. Cronus used this to his advantage and knocked Jay's xiphos out of his hands. This made the leader lose his balance completely and he fell to the ground. His weapong was out of reach and the god stood, towering over him.

" There shall be seven of you NO MORE!" Cronus declared as he brought his scythes down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The others had been searching for hours for any sign that Theresa was still alive. But they found none. The heroes took a break and sat outside Hermes office while he and Hera talked. They were tired and hungry yet none of them felt like sleeping or eating. For the most part things had been pretty quiet between the five. Until Atlanta changed that.

" I can't believe she's really gone." Atlatna said quietly, bringing the others to admit that Theresa was in fact gone.

" We can't stop looking now. She has to be out there. What if we go ask the oracle?" Odie suggested trying to lighten the mood.

It helped, a little. The others agreed and they set off to visit the oracle. They climbed into Herry's truck and went downtown. They found the oracle where they normally did, sitting at a newspaper stand.the climbed out of the truck and walked up to the oracle. Archie was about to open his mouth and explain why they were there but the oracle held up his hand to silence him.

" You've come to find out where your missing team members are." the oracle said with an all knowing grin.

" Yes we have and-" Atlanta stopped and thought for a moment, " did you say members as in more than one?"

" Ohh. You did not know what your leader was up to? It would be in your best interests to find him and soon." the oracle replied.

" Jay's missing too? Where did he go?" Herry asked.

" He went after Cronus in an attempt to find your other missing team mate." the oracle answered.

" Where are they? Where are Theresa and Jay?" Atlanta asked with hope in her voice.

" Jay is in Greece. Athens to be specific. He is fighting Cronus. You will be able to find him with ease. But Theresa. I'm afraid she is no longer with us." the oracle said, taking off his sunglsses.

Tears started to form in Atlanta's eyes. But she quickly wiped them away.

" I guess we'd better go get Jay." she said before climbing back into Herry's truck.

The others climbed back into Herry's truck also and they went back to the school. They went back to Hermes' office and told them what the oracle had said. Hermes immediatly opened a portal and the heroes stepped through to Athens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The scythes made a blunt sound as they hit the cement floor. Jay had rolled over to the side just in time. He raced for his weapon and turned to continue his fight with Cronus. Cronus pulled his scythes out of the ground and turned to face Jay. They both charged at each other at the same time. Only this time, Jay wasn't so lucky. Cronus scythe had cut into Jay's side and he fell to the gorund, in tremendous pain. The gash was incredibly deep.

" You actually thought you could've won, how funny." Cronus sneered at the injured hero.

Cronus wiped Jay's blood off his scythe and raised it again. Jay jumped up to his feet, despite the pain that shot through his body with every move he made. This time it was Cronus' turn to be unlucky. Jay drove his sword through Cronus stomach and ripped it out. Cronus didn't even flinch. His wound was immediatly healed.

" You just don't lern do you Jay." Cronus laughed.

Jay was losing blood, and fast. He could feel himself drifting in and out of consiousness. So he decided to make one last attack with everything he had before he could do nothing. Jay raised his xiphos and charged at Cronus. But when you're losing consious you don't exactly see clearly. Jay didn't notice that Cronus had swung his weapon until it was too late. Jay was stopped short be the impact of the gods attack. This time the blade of the scythe cut into Jay's chest.

" As I said before there shall be seven of you no more." Cronus said triumphantly as he pulled his weapon out of Jay.

Jay fell to the ground, breathless. He was losing twice as much blood now and was slowly slipping into unconsiousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other five exited the portal just outside of the town of Athens. Hermes had sent the co-ordinates to Odie's laptop, which he now had pull out and set up.

" According ot the co-ordinates that Hermes gave me Jay is..... just over that ridge." Odie stated as he pointed away from the town.

The heroes started to run towards the spot where Jay was. It took them nearly twenty to get there. They found a small cave and just knew it was Cronus; lair. They entered the cave and walked about forty steps before coming to a large set of doors. The others stepped aside while Herry opened them with ease.

" JAY!" Atlanta's cry made everyone jump.

They then saw where she was dashing to and ran to their leaders body as well. They saw him laying in a pool of blood.

" We need to get him to Chiron." Archie said as he pulled out his out his PMR.

The others checked to make sure that he was still alive. When they found a pulse the heroes sighed.

" Hermes. We need a portal back to the school now. Jay's been hurt and we need to get him to Chiron." Archie reported.

" One portal coming up." came Hermes voice over the small device.

Within seconds a portal had appeared and the heroes stepped through. Herry carried their leaders unconsious body. They got him to Chiron and then were kicked out fo the room. They sat around outside the doors of his office for an hour before they opened.

" Is he okay?" was the first question which came from Atlanta.

" He's been badly injured and lost a lot of blood. But he should be fine. He is recovering well. You will be able to see him tomorrow." Chiron replied.

" But in the meantime you should all head home and rest. You've had a hard couple of days." Hera's voice seemed to come from all around.

She stepped out of Chiron's office as well and looked at the tired and worry stricked teens. They reluctantly agreed and left for the brownstone. Once they arrived there, everyone headed straight for their rooms. They had no intention of doing anything else. Within minutes each hero had fallen into a very uneasy sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the school Jay was recovering fine. He was unconsious and having a lovely dream. in his dream they had found Theresa and everything was back to normal. Then something happened that made his heart rate go through the roof and he started sweating bullets. He started to toss and turn as his dream became a little too real to him.
~*~

What was in Jay''s dream that made his heart race, make him toss and turn and make him sweat? What did the oracle mean when he said that Theresa was no longer with them? To find out read on.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hoep you liked it! I did have a different ending but I decided to change it. The other one was just too cruel. But it may show up later in the story in another one of my stories. Please R+R and constructive critism is also welcome.^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story