Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > White Rose

2013

by panda_1418 3 reviews

The last real bad guy and everything goes wrong. I'm sort of thinking what it would be like in the future, I guess.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2006-10-09 - Updated: 2006-10-09 - 468 words

1Original
[Year - 2013]
[Age - 23]
[Julius' Point of View]

Delilah sighed as Smoke took off. Smoke was the last real threat to the world, a robber and assassin. It had taken us three months to track him down and capture him, but of course, things didn't go as planned. We weren't paying attention as we lead him back to the plane, and he kicked us down.

"Trying to catch him really is like trying to catch smoke," I muttered as we dashed after him.

Delilah and I were at an abandoned fair ground. Funny, but before we actually went here, I'd never seen an abandoned amusement park - only in the movies. As we ran through the gates, we caught a glimpse of Smoke ducking into the House of Mirrors.

"Is this cliche or what?" I asked as we walked in after him.

I was rewarded with a smirk from Delilah. "I know, eh? In how many movies does the bad guy run into a House of Mirrors? And then the heroes waste their time attacking mirrors. Not this time."

She pulled out what looked like a cell phone, but was really Scarlett's USD - Ultrasonic Sound Distributor. "Cover your ears," she instructed as she opened it.

A high-pitched, ear-splitting kind of squeal shot out of the USD. In a few seconds, all that remained of the mirrors were empty frames and broken shards of glass. I saw Smoke standing on the other side of the tent, looking extremely dismayed.

"You might as well just give up now, pal!" I yelled. "The entrance and exit are both over here, what are you going to do?"

I never should have asked that question. It all happened so fast - I can hardly remember it.

Smoke pulled something out of his smokey-grey cape and next thing I knew, there was a loud bang. Delilah screamed. I looked over at her, and saw her eyes wide with shock. There was a hole in her shirt in her chest - it was rapidly turning red.

"NO!" I remember screaming.

Smoke tried to get passed me, but he couldn't outrun my bullet. He fell down in the entrance - dead. I was at Delilah's side in an instant. Her pained expression gradually changed to a relaxed one. She looked up at me and whispered: "I love you."

Her eyes closed, and she went limp in my arms. She died with a smile on her lips. Next thing I knew, Nosey was there, telling me the ambulance was here and I had to let go of her. Both Delilah and Smoke - or Jimmy Funds, as I was to later find out - were loaded onto stretchers and covered by white cloths. They were placed in the ambulance and driven away.

The next time I saw Delilah, she was still smiling in her casket.
Sign up to rate and review this story