Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Bass Files

Look who´s rambling

by FrostedGlass 5 reviews

Do you appreciate thought-provoking writing? Do you hate to waste precious time on mediocre stories when you could be dipping into skillfully crafted ones? Do you, perhaps, consider yourself a lit...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-10-12 - Updated: 2006-10-12 - 970 words

1Funny
16. Look who´s rambling


I´D LIKE TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO REMIND EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU THAT RIGHT NOW THERE ARE MILLIONS OF COWS ALL OVER THE WORLD.* FURTHERMORE, AND PROBABLY SLIGHTY MORE IMPORTANT, I´D LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO LEAVES REVIEWS SO ASSIDUOUSLY! THANK YOU FOR ACCOMMODATING A FANFIC NEWBIE LIKE ME IN YOUR REALM.

_____________________________


"I think I´m gonna head on home, guys," Patrick said and got up from the floor. He threw his car keys over to Joe, "You can have the car and take Pete home."

I wondered how he had endured the selection of overused pick-up lines Pete was showering Joyce with until now. It was starting to bother me and I wasn´t even in love with either of them.

"Anything wrong with you?" Joe looked at him worried. "I mean more wrong than usual."

Of course, he couldn´t just show concern, he had to add an insult.

"I´m fine, just tired, you know." He proceeded towards the door. "I´ll see you around."

Everyone said bye to him.

A few moments after he had left I decided to leave as well. I wished everyone a good night and hurried up so I would catch up with Patrick.

I caught him as he set foot on the sidewalk.

"Hey, Patrick!"

He turned around.

"Care for some company?"

He smiled at me, "How could I say no to you after you´ve outdone yourself again during today´s practice."

We started walking down the sidewalk.

"Well, Pete was not impressed."

"Pete´s not impressed unless he looks in the mirror." He sounded a bit bitter.

"How can he hit on Joyce right in front of you?"

"Oh," Patrick sighed "it´s not like he knows that I like her. We´re not really what you would call close. We´re not even actually related. He´s the son of my uncle´s second wife. She brought him into the marriage."

"Now really... I could have sworn he came from some other planet." I attempted to joke.

"The thing with Pete is," he carried on, "he´s an okay guy. Really, he is. He is a bit narcissistic and high on himself but that´s only part of his personality. He´s a really fun dude once you get to know him. He´s just pretty much the very opposite of me: outgoing, loud and... a handsome heart-throb. So we don´t really have much in common except for music."

I hated it when people put themselves down by comparing themselves to someone else, especially if that someone else was in fact half as interesting as the other person.

"Well, and having the hots for the same woman, obviously," he added.

I nodded, trying to show some sympathy, "I bet it wasn´t easy witnessing him drooling all over her."

Patrick shrugged, "Nah." He paused for a moment. "That´s just Pete when he sees a pretty girl. It´ll wear off, he´s not with anyone for too long."

"Anyway, Joyce didn´t seem interested in him...," I remarked.

"Can I ask you a semi-personal question?"

"Maybe... I might just semi-answer it."

He gave me a smirk and then fumbled around with his hat. "I realize this sounds a bit like it´s a line from ´Dawson´s Creek´ -"

"Please, I have that crap on DVD so I´m the one that should feel embarrassed."

"Ha, okay... So what I wanna ask you is: Do you think Pete´s... ah... hot?"

I thought about it for a minute. "I mean I can see how SOME girls find themselves attracted to him. He does have this ´I´m pretty and I know it.´ thing about him. A lot of women find self-esteem very sexy." That was a ´Dawson´s Creek´ answer to a ´D C´ question.

"Yeah. That doesn´t answer my question though," he pressed me, smiling.

"Ah, fine," I rolled my eyes. "Yes." I blushed. How could I be attracted to a rude asshole like that?

"It´s alright, a lot of girls do."

"Patrick..." I wanted to say something nice, something that would make him feel better about himself. Something that would stop him from comparing himself to his stupid cousin, goddamnit.

"Yes?"

"Looks aren´t everything and -"

"You´re not gonna bring up ´cuteness´ now, are you?" he interrupted me.

"Hell, no," I quickly responded. There went my chance at encouragement.

"Alright, carry on then."

Ha, ha. With what?

"I mean you have so much to offer. And when you´re talking to someone you make them feel like they´re the only person on the face of the planet. If I was Joyce I´d so pick you over Pete... and probably start wearing a bra." Whoops.

Patrick laughed at my last comment. Then he stared at me for a few seconds.

Geez, cut it out. I hate that.

"Thank you," he said.

"You´re welcome."

Silence.

"You´re quite awesome yourself, Sheena."

_ _ _ _ _


That night I had the most stupid dream. I was raising cows with Pete in Montana.* (I must admit that he looked super good in the farmer attire... which didn´t include a shirt... erm, yeah...) At one point Andy entered the scene with a poster that read ´Stop abusing cows, start using your heart!´

A few seconds later I had him pinned to the ground, ripped off his Spiderman costume - one of these days I should have a serious talk with my subconsciousness - and abused him. It was /udder/ly delightful.


__________________________


* I adapted this line to the extent that I don´t have to point out that it is an impudent plagiarism from ´Me First and the Gimme Gimmes ruin Johnny´s Bar Mitzvah´.

** credit goes to the godmother of FOB fanfic moocow :)
Sign up to rate and review this story