Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X > Unresolved Sexual Tension

Chapter 1: Legendary Guardian

by Pink_Rapid 1 review

Contrary to popular opinion, the male mind is a delicate thing. Discipline duels desire on a daily basis. As principle mingles dangerously with lust, one man asks himself how to choose, and if he e...

Category: Final Fantasy X - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Auron, Rikku - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-11 - Updated: 2006-10-12 - 1207 words

1Ambiance
Author's Note: Welcome to Unresolved Sexual Tension. a three-chapter-long ficlet about everyone's favorite politically incorrect pairing! I love this pairing, and as I'm playing through Final Fantasy X-2, my love for reading Final Fantasy X/-2 fanfiction has been rekindled, as has my love for writing it! (See old account: Rikku of the Desert on fanfiction.net for previous fics.)

First up, I wanted the first chapter to establish a man's viewpoint. I read a lot of romance fanfiction where the guy's very... fluffy. I wanted to go more in depth with a sexual train of thought, because, girls, it's not all puppies and rainbows and coconuts. Well... actually, sometimes it is all coconuts. xD

Disclaimer: Final Fantasy X and X-2 and their respective characters, settings, etc. copyright Square Enix.

*

"Unresolved Sexual Tension"

Chapter One: Legendary Guardian

You dirty old man.

You dirty, filthy old man.


My conscience barks at me again, its tiny voice surprisingly sharp and overpowering.

You're a pervert.

Somehow, I know it's true. Yet, I don't feel nearly as ashamed as I know I should. In a way, that only serves to confuse me further.

Nonetheless, it is hardly my fault that she goes prancing around in short-shorts and only the tightest of tank tops, bouncing and tittering about and generally acting half her age. I don't think she quite acknowledges the... ahem... areas she tends to inadvertently accentuate when she bobs up and down like that. Not that I'm complaining, by any means. Still, that being said, her innocence only proves to continually frustrate me and somehow make her that much sexier.

She's over half your age!

My conscience is right. She's fifteen. She's a minor. Of course, her age also insinuates that she's a nubile young nymph with more hormones than she knows what to do with.

Are you even listening to yourself?

Oh, I am. The more I listen, the less sane I sound. Strangely, the less sane I sound, the more sense I seem to make.

That doesn't make sense.

I know. It's insane.

I don't quite know how to explain myself, and, for the matter, if I even want to. She's an enigma; an anomaly. I've seen plenty of attractive, fantasy-inducing women in both my lifetimes, and bedded more than my fair share. I've lusted many times over, over many different and astonishingly magnificent specimens of the female species. Of course, in those cases, the women were all within the five year age range.

Still, since acquiring my... condition, I can't say I've felt any sort of longing, neither of the flesh nor the heart.

But then she came along.

Here we go...

Damn it all to the Farplane if it didn't originate at the Moonflow. Meeting her on the banks, truly seeing her for the first time as she slowly unzipped her armor in an indeliberately sensual way. Didn't she have any idea what she was doing? She's a fifteen year old with a body every man dreams of, and she goes around undressing like that?

Still, what's done is done, and I could tell right then and there that this pilgrimage would not be as... lust-free as I had once thought.

And that justifies you being a horny old man... how?

And yesterday hadn't helped at all. We were in Macalania Woods, fending off a chimera when she gets knocked off her feet. Instinctively, I threw down my sword and lunged, managing to break her fall.

I tell myself I was acting out of conditioning, but now I'm not sure that was the case. Would I have thrown myself in for Tidus? Wakka? Lulu, even? I would have for Yuna, but I would have reflected briefly on it first. When Rikku was hit, not a single glimmer of a thought passed through my mind.

No matter what the case, you'd think a body like hers that would be able to land gracefully, but apparently that is not so. Soon we were both on the ground, a tangle of arms and legs, with her surprisingly heavy weight on top of me.

Oh, fine, ignore me.

Still, the position we'd found ourselves in proved to be most... agreeable. What with her legs on either side of me, her modest breasts pressed against my chest, her head just over my shoulder. I couldn't help it. The sweet scent of spice and strawberries simply drifted from her hair, and before I knew it, I sniffed.

Not loudly or especially noticeably, but I'm sure she didn't miss it. She quickly scrambled off me, blushing profusely and mumbling apologies. I thank Yevon I was wearing tinted glasses, else my eyes might have displayed the lust I've been trying so feverishly to hide.

You're depraved.

Yes, it seems wrong. An onlooker would easily dismiss these cravings as the senile fantasies of an old man's waning libido. Oh well, at least that gives this desire some level of reason.

Still, though I've come to accept it, I'm not sure I understand it myself. Everything she does, everything she says only serves to frustrate me. She's always so damn chipper and cheerful, and sometimes I wonder why she bothers going into battle at all, the way she fights. She must be the most naïve person I've ever come into contact with, and damned if she isn't clumsier than a one-legged chocobo.

Then again, I suppose her innocence is the basis for her attractiveness. Something about the way she's never got any ulterior motive. Not to mention the fact that she's constantly doing things that are unintentionally sexy is both adorable and incredibly erotic.

You're mad as a hatter on too many chocobo feathers.

It's not as if I haven't tried to stop. At first, I'd banish any erotic thought pertaining to her by thinking of fiends I've killed, the taste of rotten egg sandwiches, the mental picture of my grandmother knitting. Eventually, I dismissed these frivolous acts as futile. Why bother? Nothing seemed to help.

I still woke from a restless sleep, just snapping out of a dream of her lying beneath me, breath short and moaning in pleasure. Laying back on my bedroll, images still flashed through my mind of her long blonde hair spread helter-skelter across my pillow. Closing my eyes wouldn't stop the darkness from shifting into fantasies of her supple breasts feeling like heaven beneath my hands.

For the sake of all that is holy, please stop.

In any case, it is not as if I'd ever act on these impulses. I have too much a sense of pride, honor, something akin to justice. Still, I've not much left for this world, and there's nothing wrong with a few fantasies here and there. So long as I don't act on it. So long as I never actually do sweep her off her feet in the middle of battle, carry her somewhere secluded and proceed to fuck her like there's no tomorrow.

She'll never know, and I'll pass onto the Farplane far before I'll ever act on this ravenous and increasingly maddening lust. Even if it drives me insane - which it is slowly doing -, I'll be dead long before that ever happens.

You're hopeless.

Because, really, all it is is lust... right?
Sign up to rate and review this story