Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X > Unresolved Sexual Tension

Chapter 3: Conscience Sedation

by Pink_Rapid 1 review

Swing your partner 'round and 'round? Perhaps mentally. It's an awkward dosado as two guardians are forced to share an inn room. Only one bed? That may be less of a problem than they seem to think.

Category: Final Fantasy X - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Auron, Rikku - Published: 2006-10-13 - Updated: 2006-10-14 - 1999 words

0Unrated
Author's Note: Hello all, this here be the conclusion of the trilogy Unresolved Sexual Tension! I'm so happy you were all here to join the ride, and I thank each and every last one of you for taking the time to read and review! After this, I'll be submitting a new AuRikku one-shot, and following that, most likely, a continuation (or alternate ending) of this story. It will be a lemon, so for those not fond of such things, thou hast been warned. In any case, I'm happy you're here and I hope you enjoy the conclusion! It's slightly longer, but for good reason. ;)

In Other News: Break out the poprocks and pink champagne, people! This is officially the first story (of over fifteen I've started and submitted) that I have ever finished! Everybody dance! We're gonna party like it's 1999! And then we're gonna party like I just finished my story! Woo!

Disclaimer: Final Fantasy X and X-2 and their respective characters, settings, etc. copyright Square Enix.

*

"Unresolved Sexual Tension"

Chapter Three: Conscience Sedation

In a small inn in Macalania, Tidus muttered some thanks to the merchant at the counter and returned to the motley group. "He says there's not enough vacancy to accommodate all of us. Something about a traveling band of musicians or something. We'll have to split into pairs and go two to a room."

The others considered this, before they each began pairing off. Rikku quickly ran over to her cousin, but was stopped in her tracks as a blonde boy stepped in front of her. "Hey!" she protested.

Ignoring the irate fifteen year old, Tidus smiled at Yuna. "Wanna share a room?"

The summoner blushed but returned his smile. "Sure."

"Oh, poopie," Rikku muttered as the two began talking of other things, Tidus making jokes and Yuna giggling. Looking around, the Al Bhed girl discovered everyone had already paired up. Everyone besides...

"Looks like Rikku's stuck with Auron!" teased Tidus, elbowing Rikku in the back. She blushed in response, refusing to meet the gaze of the legendary guardian.

"Maybe I'll just sleep in the hall..." she mumbled under her breath, scratching the back of her neck nervously.

"Don't be ridiculous," Lulu scolded.

"Lulu's right, ya? You'd just complain about how much it hurt to sleep on the floor. Be fair to us!" Wakka laughed.

The teasing was replaced by idle conversation before everyone decided it was time to go to their respective rooms. Auron was handed the key to theirs, but seemed as nonchalant and stoic as ever.

Jeeze, doesn't anything make that guy uncomfortable? Rikku wondered, though her mind soon returned to the thought of sharing a room with Auron. Me and Auron. Auron and me. In a room. Together. An inn room. Alone. Inn. Alone. Auron. Me. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she could hear her conscience screaming bloody murder.

Lost in her thoughts, she was snapped out of her daze when she heard a door open. "Oh, we're here," she mumbled stupidly. Auron grunted, opening the door and flicking on the light switch.

The room was quaint but nicely furnished. A little too many Yevon weavings for her liking, but it was cozy. There was a mirror on the adjacent wall, as well as two comfortable armchairs by the entrance that were accompanied by a coffee table. She spied the door that led to the bathroom, a closet and two nicely decorated nightstands on either side of the bed. Coming to a realization, Rikku nearly fainted. One bed.

One bed. Inn. Alone. Room. Auron. Me. Bed. Auron plus me plus bed equals... the blonde shook her head, trying to rid herself of the plethora of inappropriate thoughts flooding her mind. Snapping back to reality, she noticed the guardian being unusually quiet. "Hey, you okay?" she asked.

Placing his glasses and sake bottle on the nightstand and leaning his sword against the wall, he gave her an odd look. "I'm fine."

Rikku glanced at her shoes, trying not to look ridiculous. "It's just that you haven't said anything since we got to the inn..."

Maybe because I'm stuck in a tiny room with the sexiest woman in Spira and I'm trying very hard not to suggest playing "find the teacup in the bed sheet". Auron blinked hard, trying to purge his mind of such thoughts. Glancing back at Rikku, he shrugged. "You can have the bed," he said, changing the subject.

The girl suddenly found it very difficult to not yell, "Hey, I'm a hormonally charged teenager and you're incredibly hot! Why don't we share?" Instead, she opted for a sullen nod.

"Why are you blushing?" Auron asked, sounding incredulous, after a few moments of awkward silence. Glancing at her reflection in the nearby mirror, Rikku noticed that she was, in fact, blushing. Her reddening cheeks deepened to a rosier color, and she stumbled to think of an alibi.

"Um... uh... it's just weird... you know..." she muttered, stumbling over her words and feeling like a fool.

Auron made a 'hmph' sound. Told you she thinks you're a pervert, his mind gloated.

Still blushing profusely, Rikku quickly set her things down on a nearby armchair and busied herself with avoiding his gaze. Way to play it smooth. Told you he's too old to think of you that way, her conscience scolded.

Uncomfortable seconds ticked by, turning into long minutes. They each stood at opposite ends of the room, the silence seeming deafening.

This has got to stop, thought Rikku with resolve. She looked up, only to realize that he had been observing her all along. She blushed again, and Auron cleared his throat uncomfortably, looking away.

"Um..." Rikku began, unsure of what to say.

"I'll sleep on the floor," Auron stated flatly.

Now or never, the Al Bhed girl repeated like a mantra, knowing the longer she waited, the smaller the window of opportunity became. Even if he didn't feel the same way, she had to get it out of her before it ate her alive. Auron made his way to the closet to get out an extra blanket and pillows, and before she knew it, the words came spilling out.

"Why don't we share the bed?" she blurted, much louder than she had hoped and sounding more than a little ridiculous. Auron stopped what he was doing, turning around almost mechanically and regarding her with a look of the shock, the likes of which she had never seen painted on his face before. Oh, shit.

"What?" he asked, sounding completely dumbfounded. The change from his normally monotonous tone of voice made Rikku even more uncomfortable.

"Um... I... uh..." she scratched the back of her neck, unsure of how to proceed. What in Spira do I do now? Maybe I should open the window and throw myself out. Yeah, that seems like a good idea. Then it'll be like this never happened. Genius!

"What did you just say?" he asked again, his mind working overtime, the mental cogs spinning wildly until they all came loose and exploded in a flurry of naughty images. Did she just say what I think she just said?

"Why don't we... share the bed?" Rikku muttered again, almost inaudible. His trained ears picked it up, however, and his eyes widened even more.

"... Sure..." he responded warily, though trying to appear unfazed. Rikku looked up, eyes locking with his, and this time it was her turn to be surprised.

"Really?" she squealed, once again unable to stop the words. Darn it, Rikku, think before you speak! Better yet, just shut up!

Auron nodded in response, but the air remained awkward and neither of them dared to move a muscle. Rikku felt like you could cut then tension in the air with a knife, and even felt odd just breathing.

Heaving a rather large internal sigh, the Al Bhed decided she would be the grown up. Taking the initiative, she walked over to the bed and sat clumsily on one side. Grumbling something below his breath, Auron followed her lead and sat on the other side, stoic and unreadable.

She was on a bed. With Sir Auron. She wasn't in bed with Sir Auron, but she considered it progress. What now? she wondered. Tentatively, she inched farther onto the bed, until she was sitting in the middle, legs crossed and staring intently at the blanket. She waited a few moments for Auron to do something, but instead he just sat there, seeming to be lost in thought.

Don't pounce on her, he repeated in his mind. Don't do anything. She's innocent; she doesn't know what she's doing. She just doesn't want you to sleep on the floor. Just sit here and eventually she'll get too uncomfortable and tell you to sleep on the floor anyway. Just wait it out. Do not pounce. Do not pounce.

"Auron?" she asked, snapping him out of his mental disciplining. He turned to her.

"Hmm?"

Locking gazes with him, Rikku searched her mind for the right words. Tell him. Do something. Don't just sit here like a retarded cactuar, do something!

He looked at her questioningly and she lost her patience. "Ur, clnaf ed," she muttered, before leaning forward and placing her lips on his. Her eyes closed, all she concentrated on was the feel of his lips against hers. They were rough, a little dry, and yet soft. Exactly how she thought they would be.

Seconds passed that felt like an eternity, and she felt no reaction from him. As a blush rose to her cheeks and spread to her ears, she began to pull away. Suddenly, she felt a rough hand on the back of her neck that pulled her back in, and she felt his lips press onto hers with unexpected force. For a moment, Rikku thought she might melt away into a little Al Bhed puddle of joy before evaporating into a cloud of cheer. If she died at that moment, she knew she'd die happy.

Thoughts turning back to the current - and most unbelievable - situation, she felt his tongue slowly part her lips. As it met hers, his kiss became more dominant, but somehow Rikku liked it. He tasted even better than he smelled: spicy, like ginger and cinnamon, but sweet in the way of red wine. She felt another hand on her lower back, bringing her closer before the distance between them was bridged, their chests pressed against each other.

Auron felt as if he had passed away and was now in the most luxurious corner of the Farplane. He could hardly believe any of it was really happening, but her sweet taste of strawberries and hazel and sugar reminded him exactly where he was. Beneath the hand he had rested on her neck, he could feel her pulse quicken, and against his chest could feel her heart beating swiftly, mirroring the speed of his.

Soon, Auron broke for air. Rikku whimpered, though she was panting as well. The guardian couldn't help but smirk at her reaction. "Sharing the bed seems like a good idea," he whispered. Rikku nodded feverishly, and he dipped his head in again to kiss her. Raising her hand, she placed two fingers on his lips to stop him.

"I think I like you," she found herself whispering, feeling embarrassed and ashamed. Tipping her chin up gently with his hand, Auron placed a soft kiss on her lips. He broke away, looking her straight in the eyes with an emotion she couldn't place.

"I think I like you, too," he replied. His voice wasn't particularly emotional, as she had imagined, but it was strangely fitting. She knew that he was being truthful, and glad he had said it in such an Auron-like way.

Not moments later, lips met again and hands roved bodies. In the back of two separate minds, two individual consciences sat idly, shaking their little heads. In perfect unison, they heaved a heavy sigh, but strangely couldn't help smiling.
Sign up to rate and review this story