Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A City by the Light Divided

Chapter Fifeteen

by MusicxisxHearts 0 reviews

Almost done! (Not sure if that counts as an acutally summary, but whatever.)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-10-15 - Updated: 2006-10-15 - 1627 words

0Unrated
Kylie walked hesitantly along the street towards the white brick building crunched in between two other buildings. It was four stories tall and contained the city council and governor's quarters. She took a deep breath of night air. I hope I can do this... /She looked over her shoulder. /Is someone following me? Kylie bumped into someone.
She stumbled back, "I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying-" she gasped.
"Attention?" Mariano smiled in that sick way of his.
"Uh, yeah," Kylie forced her self not to take a step back. Too bad he is exactly the person I'm looking for...
"So, what are you doing around here at this time of night?" asked Mariano. Why aren't you dead? That fool didn't do his job.
"Just out for a walk," Kylie replied. It's easy to lie to him, I've only done it about a thousand times.
"Someone like you shouldn't be out for a walk in a place like this at a time like this," Mariano was hiding his anger. When I find that little vampire, he's going to die, and I will personally make sure he does.
"So," Kylie tried starting some small talk. "It looks like you've made a name for yourself." Kylie noticed that there was a police station behind the city council. I wonder if that's where Pete stayed?
Mariano smiled, "A name only as big as it can get, well almost as big as it can get."
"Oh," Kylie tried to sound uninterested. It worked.
"Not that interested are you?" asked Mariano.
"No, not really. Politics aren't my thing," Kylie looked over her shoulder like she had somewhere to be. Again, Mariano fell for her little act.
"Have somewhere to be?" he asked her.
Kylie shook her head, "Not really, I don't do a whole lot anymore." She tried to act like she was sad that she didn't hang around Mariano and Dandies anymore.
"Missing old times?" Mariano was thinking. It couldn't hurt to keep her alive, just as long as I can keep an eye on her.
"You were always a more interesting person than I was," Kylie had to force the words out. Pete and the others would be dying of laughter if they could here me now.
"Why don't I show you around city council?" Mariano fell for Kylie's act, again.
Kylie smiled, "I've never seen city council before." Another lie to add to the record. Well, at least everything has worked so far.
*
Pete slammed Andy into a wall and spun around, kicking Joe hard in the chest. Patrick stood awkwardly out of the way. Pete glanced around. Come on, where's a Dandy when you need one? Joe tackled Pete, but Pete rolled over and punched him in the face. Just then, a group of vampires Pete recognized from Mariano's "recovery program" came running up.
Pete grabbed Patrick and held him up against the wall, "Grab the other two!" Two of the other vampires grabbed Joe and Andy.
"You seem familiar," one vampire asked as he dodged Andy's foot trying to kick him.
"Yeah, from Mariano's," Pete said shortly. "Listen, bring those two back to Mariano for me." Pete pushed Patrick forward and started walking. The other two vampires followed with Andy and Joe. The other vampires went in the opposite direction. It wasn't long before they reached city council. Mariano and Kylie were out in the street again.
"Look who finally turned up," Mariano glared at Pete. "With some scum no doubt."
"I had a little trouble doing the job, these three kept on giving me some problems," Pete made up the lie.
"And what about the other two I sent with you?" Mariano asked.
"You don't have to worry about ever seeing them again!" yelled Joe. The vampire holding him slammed him into the building side. Why am I always the one that gets beat up the worse?
"Take them back to the prison," Mariano ordered. "And don't worry about that little job." He added to Pete.
Pete nodded his head before shoving Patrick towards the prison. Kylie stood silently watching the group go. Joe and Andy look really bad...maybe this wasn't a good idea.
"What was that all about?" Kylie asked sounding interested.
Mariano turned back to her, "Oh, nothing to worry about. Just some bothersome people that need to be taken care of."
Pete found an empty jail cell and shoved Patrick, Joe, and Andy into it. "Have a good night!" He sneered before leaving. I hate acting like this to my best friends. This plan better work.
"Great," Patrick said sarcastically. Pete better come back here on time tomorrow.
*
"And this is the library," Mariano was showing Kylie more of the city government building the next night. The library was a small room lined with cases filled with books of old government records. It was on the second floor of the building.
Kylie tried to keep Mariano from moving on to the next room, "What sort of books are those?" She asked, already knowing the answer.
Meanwhile, Pete was walking down the row of jail cells, key in hand. Here they are. He stopped in front of the cell with Joe, Patrick, and Andy in it. He undid the lock, "Alright, Mariano doesn't need you hanging around here anymore."
"Yes!" Joe practically ran out of the door. Pete, Andy, and Patrick followed him quickly. They all knew what was coming next. Pete tried to act more confidently than he felt. Everything has worked well so far, maybe we'll get lucky...or maybe not...
They went around to the front of the government building. One vampire stood guard. The vampire moved in front of the door. Pete grabbed him by his neck and opened the door, pushing the guard inside. No use being subtle about it now, there hardly is anyone in here.
Joe and Andy took care of the few other vampires on the first floor while Patrick and Pete searched for a map.
"Found one!" Patrick pointed to a map on the wall. "The library is the third door on the left on the second floor."
Pete nodded and turned around, running up the stairs two at a time. Too bad he slipped and fell. /I never really liked staircases.../He finally got to the second floor. The door to the library was opened. He walked quietly down the hall. There was a giant crash from the first floor.
"What was that?" Mariano looked out the library door.
Pete ran the rest of the way down the hall and pushed Mariano back into the room, slamming the door shut behind him. Oh shoot, the doors lock from the outside when they close. I picked a real good time to remember that... Kylie quickly moved to stand next to Pete.
Mariano smiled, "You can finish your job now."
"I don't think that's necessary," Pete retorted.
"Oh, so are you going to play the little hero?" Mariano made sure his fangs showed.
"Like you're any better," Kylie glared at Mariano. "You have to have someone else do your dirty work all the time."
"Oh really? And what exactly would that be?" Mariano asked.
"Oh, I don't know," Kylie was overly sarcastic. "Maybe me!" she yelled.
Mariano took a step closer. Kylie moved away from Pete, hoping that Mariano wouldn't know who to go after. Wrong choice. Mariano lunged for Kylie and pushed her into the wall. She sidestepped and barely missed his fangs. Pete moved in front on Kylie. Mariano just stood there and smiled.
"You two honestly don't think that you can beat me, or do you?" Mariano stared straight at Kylie. She took in a shaky breath. "OK then, let's talk about this for a moment."
Pete glared at Mariano. What is he trying to do? We don't have time for this crap.
"If you remember correctly, I created you," said Mariano to Pete.
"You didn't create me, you made me a freak," Pete was getting ticked off.
Mariano laughed haughtily, "Or so you think. Once the extermination begins, you will be happy you are what you are."
"Extermination?" Pete said roughly. Kylie moved closer to Pete. What is he talking about?
"Oh yes, I plan on getting rid of all those that I don't need," Mariano stepped closer to them.
"Non-vampires?" asked Kylie.
"You always caught on fast," Mariano paused. "Maybe you were too smart for your own good?"
Kylie was really mad now. She moved from behind Pete, "Or maybe you were just too stupid to tell me?"
Mariano's smile faded, "I already had my chance to turn you into a vampire, and I didn't use it. I regret that, but maybe killing you now will be more satisfying?"
Pete moved closer to Kylie, but she didn't believe Mariano. "You really thought that I liked you, that I cared about the Dandies."
"So maybe I was a little naïve then?" Mariano was angry. How could I have let myself be dragged down by her? This is ridiculous, I just need to get rid of her now.
"I was always your only weakness Mariano," Kylie was sick of his stupid mind games. "That's why you didn't turn me into a vampire, and that's why you couldn't bring yourself to kill me." Pete moved closer to Mariano as Kylie continued, "And you know what? I don't think you could kill me now either."
That was the final straw for Mariano. He went for Kylie, but Pete tackled him to the ground.
"Here's some news for you Mariano: everything was an act. I never loved you, I never trusted you, and I never cared about you. Too bad you were so stupid to fall for it," Kylie turned around and Pete bit Mariano.
Sign up to rate and review this story