Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A City by the Light Divided

Chapter Fourteen

by MusicxisxHearts 1 review

...........

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-10-14 - Updated: 2006-10-15 - 1221 words

0Unrated
"How the hell did that happen?" Joe practically screamed. He grabbed his head and groaned.
"This doesn't make any sense, how could the government be fooled into letting Mariano take over?" Patrick was scanning the news for any clue to what had really happened.
"Why aren't they suspicious of Mariano? I mean, think about it, the governor turns up dead, wouldn't Mariano be a key suspect?" Andy didn't understand any of this either. People in this city are really messed up.
Pete looked hard at the floor. There has to be a reason for this to happen. The governor couldn't have just died, it must have been a murder framed to look like a normal death.
Kylie bit her lip and thought for a moment. Wait a minute, I think I might have an idea of what happened. She started slowly, "I think I know what happened, or at least an idea." Everyone perked up and looked at her. She went on, "When a governor goes into office he has to fill out these papers in case he dies in the middle of his term. The papers state who is going to fill his position until the next election. Normally, he picks someone on his committee." Kylie paused. "I think it's highly improbable that the governor would have picked someone not on his committee, let alone a vampire that he hardly knows."
"So you actually paid attention in government class?" Joe asked.
"Mariano must have changed the papers somehow," it was the only explanation Andy could think of.
"And then made it look like the governor died a natural death," Pete added.
"They aren't suspecting anyone of murder," Patrick turned off the news. Everyone thinks this guy just fell over dead and appointed a vampire to fill his spot.
Kylie shook her head, "Mariano is too smart for his own good. He has all of the media controlled already to make him look like some kind of saint."
"And if he can control the media, there's no telling what else he can control," Pete added in a whisper.
*
The next week was miserable. They watched the government crumble before their eyes. Mariano was replacing government officials with his own vampires. No one from The Agency called. It was like Mariano controlled everything.
And it got worse. Pete was almost out of ingredients for his blend. Kylie could tell he was getting weaker. This has got to end, someone has to stop Mariano before he kills all of us. They're must be something we can do...
"I am sick of sitting around here trapped like animals!" yelled Joe.
"Why hasn't anyone from The Agency called? It's like we don't exist," Andy felt let down. I thought we were a part of The Agency.
Patrick chucked the remote control at the TV, "You can't even figure out what is happening from the news. Everything is tainted to make people support Mariano."
Kylie sighed and closed her eyes. Please call Dad, please! She opened her eyes, "It's pretty obvious that they are excluding us on purpose. My dad probably thinks we're too young to help." She glared angrily at the floor. This is so unfair.
"Why don't we just do something ourselves? It's no use to just sit around here and complain!" Pete was ticked.
"Are you crazy?" Joe and Patrick asked at the same time. Joe was louder of course.
"Maybe I am! But if The Agency isn't doing anything about Mariano-" Pete was yelling now.
"We are part of The Agency," added Andy. Pete glared at him.
"Then why aren't we doing anything?" Pete was extremely ticked now.
Kylie started talking before Pete would explode, "Please stop yelling. This isn't helping at all." She looked hard at Pete, who glared back. Seeing that he wouldn't win the stubbornness contest, he slumped back in his chair and glared at the floor.
"OK, so it's pretty obvious that we want to do something about Mariano," Kylie began.
"What do you mean we?" interrupted Patrick. Joe nodded his head in agreement. Andy avoided looking at Pete.
Kylie sighed, "It's all or none..."
Pete looked up. What does she mean all or none? If they don't want to help, then they don't have to.
Andy hesitated, "Count me in." I'd rather try to do something than just sit around here.
"Me too," Joe was noisy again.
Patrick wasn't so sure. What if someone gets hurt? Or killed? "How much damage could we honestly do?"
"It depends on how much we need to do," Kylie didn't look at any of them. I know way more about Mariano and Dandies than any of these guys, enough that I could do some serious damage with words alone.
"OK, I guess I'm in for it," sighed Patrick. Might as well make myself useful.
Pete smiled, sort of. "I guess it's all of us then."
Kylie sighed, "Yeah, now we just need a plan."
The five spent about six hours putting a plan together. Everything had to be taken into account. One little slip up and someone could end up dead.
"I should call my dad," Kylie was almost afraid to. What if he says we can't do anything? Well, I'm sick of following everything he says.
"I take the plan is still on even if he says no?" Pete was actually attempting to understand Kylie.
Kylie nodded her head and took out her cell phone. It rang only once before her dad picked up, "Dad?"
"Kylie! Why are you calling?" her dad sounded really tired.
"I think the better question is why haven't you called?" Kylie was irritated.
"I've been really busy lately, there are other more important things to do. You should know that," was Kylie's dad's flat reply.
Why does he always make me feel like the villain? "OK, well, I um, have something to tell you..." and she told him their whole plan.
Kylie's dad was silent for a moment, "I'm not so sure. It is a good plan though..."
Of course it's a good plan! We spent six hours making it! Kylie almost lost her temper, "Then why can't we do it?" She forced herself to speak calmly.
"It's too dangerous for inexperienced members," was the reply.
Kylie lost it, "But we are the only ones who can do it!" Pete, Joe, Andy, and Patrick looked up, a little startled.
Kylie's dad sighed, "OK." He then hung up.
"So what's the verdict?" Patrick asked. Kylie repeated the whole conversation to the others. Pete looked ticked again.
"Your dad has problems. 'More important things to do'? What could be more important than his own daughter?" he almost started to yell again.
Kylie looked at the floor, "I've already explained this to you before Pete." She barely was whispering. Patrick, Andy, and Joe looked totally confused. Pete avoided looking at Kylie.
*
"You can't let a group of inexperienced kids do that!" Zack argued.
"They aren't kids anymore," Kylie's dad really didn't feel like arguing.
"But you can barely call them adults; they just finished college!" argued back Zack.
Kylie's dad cracked, "We have to just trust them! It's the only option we've got!"
Martin nodded his head, "We have to at least let them try."
"Whatever," Zack shook his head. They'll never be able to pull it off.
Sign up to rate and review this story