Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A City by the Light Divided

Chapter Thirteen

by MusicxisxHearts 0 reviews

The usual.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-10-14 - Updated: 2006-10-15 - 1764 words

0Unrated
Patrick walked out the front doors of the District D Police Station and had to stop his self from running. I don't like police stations...what are they going to do to Pete? He looked back at the police station. He sighed and headed for home. I am so sorry Pete, but I just don't know what to do.
About twenty minutes later, he unlocked the door only to be bombarded by Joe.
"Patrick!" Joe almost screamed.
Kylie looked up quickly and smiled, but it didn't last. Pete wasn't with him. This cannot be good at all.
"Where's Pete?" Andy asked.
Patrick sighed and looked at the ground, "At the police station I guess, I'm not sure. They were moving everyone around and releasing all the normal prisoners."
"Even the people who have committed murders and robberies?" Kylie was getting freaked out again.
Patrick nodded his head.
"What are they thinking? It's not safe to let those people out on the streets!" Joe couldn't believe what he was hearing.
*
A Dandy shoved Pete forward, "Watch it freak!" he snapped back. Things are not good, but this might be my only chance. Two weeks of Mariano's "recovery program" was enough for him. I can't believe those guys in the government were fooled by that moron.
"Well, what do we have here?" Mariano asked sickly.
Pete took a deep breath. Do not screw this up...
"I'm sorry about that bite, it wasn't really fancy enough," Mariano smirked. "But I was in a hurry that night. So sad for you..."
Pete bit his lip and refused to look at Mariano. Just fool him into thinking that I've totally switched sides. "What did you need me for?"
Mariano waited, testing Pete's patience. Pete didn't break. "Well, I'm not sure if you are the right vampire for this job..."
Job? What job? Pete stopped him self from asking. Just be patient. Patient. Not something I'm good at...
"Or maybe you are?" Mariano liked that Pete was patient. He smirked again, "I don't know, it seems you have your sides mixed up. You did after all try to attack me."
Pete swallowed. Can't he just get to the point? "That was two weeks ago," he was trying to convince Mariano that he was on his side.
"Good answer," Mariano did seem truly impressed. "And you are a rather good fighter..."
I've almost convinced him. Pete's relief was short lived.
"And then there is the fact that you refuse to take real blood," Mariano was bothered by that. "Maybe you aren't as cold and emotionless as I thought..."
You have no idea. Pete was irritated again. Why won't he tell me what this "job" is?
"You wouldn't make a very good killer," Mariano let it slip. Still, this kid might be good for the under cover side of the job. I can always send more vampires with him. Yes, this might work...
"Murder for the job? Whoever got on the wrong side should be worried," Pete made it sound like he totally agreed and respected Mariano.
Mariano smiled. This is the one. He's smart and knows how to put up a real fight. "Maybe you will work for the job, but just incase, I'll send two other vampires with you."
Pete nodded, "Who are we hunting?"
"A girl named Kylie Greeve," was Mariano's short reply.
"A girl?" Pete tried to sound surprised. Kylie really never was safe. This is my chance; I can get out of this place.
"Personnel issues, if you know what I mean," Mariano winked. "Now, where are your two assistants?"
*
"Maybe you should to check to see if they're coming?" Patrick asked.
"I'll look outside real quick, but Reggie said she'd be here as soon as possible," Kylie got up and headed for the door. The past two weeks had been terrible. She had hardly gotten any sleep and she constantly worried about Pete. Everyone was worrying.
Kylie sighed and opened up the door, and stepped outside, closing the door behind her. And Pete was waiting in the shadows. He grabbed Kylie from behind and pushed her up against the opposite wall of the alley.
Pete leaned in close to her neck, but whispered in her ear, "Pretend."
Kylie recognized his voice and she picked up the cue, screaming as if he had bitten her.
Reggie and two other members of The Agency had been walking down the alley. Reggie recognized Kylie screaming. She broke into a run. The two vampires with Pete went for the two from The Agency.
"Leave her alone!" Reggie didn't know it was Pete, the streetlight was too dim.
Kylie pushed Pete behind her, "It's OK Reggie, it's just Pete."
One of the vampires with Pete was confused, "How do you know him? I thought her was supposed to kill you!"
Kylie looked back at Pete.
"Don't let those two get away!" Pete yelled. It was pointless, both vampires had been knocked out.
"What is going on here?" Reggie asked.
Pete looked around nervously, "Inside."
"Take those two to headquarters," Reggie told the other members with her. Kylie, Pete, and Reggie went inside.
"What was that noise?" Andy asked worriedly.
"PETE!" Joe yelled as loud as possible.
"I have a lot to tell you guys," Pete sighed. He was so tired. Reggie gave him a cautious look. "It's OK Reggie, it was just an act."
"But what about the other two vampires?" Reggie asked, suspicious of Pete.
"Well, they didn't know what was going on," Pete sat down at the table and everyone else took his lead. "You see, Mariano's 'recovery program' is quite the opposite. He's training vampires for his own uses, whatever they might be. He's just fooled the government into thinking it really is a recovery program."
No one knew what to say. It was total silence.
"And where do you come into play with his scheme?" Reggie asked Pete.
Pete glanced anxiously at Kylie, "He wanted me to kill Kylie. I tricked him into thinking I was on his side, and then I used the option to get out of there."
Kylie stared at Pete in disbelief, feeling totally sick. "Why?"
"He didn't say why he wanted you dead," Pete said quietly. "It was lucky for all of us that Reggie and those other two members showed up."
"Yeah," Patrick said.
"Why were you coming here anyway?" Pete asked Reggie.
"Just to check up on these guys, Kylie's been staying here for the past two weeks," Reggie answered. "Listen, I better get back to headquarters and spread the news." She stood up. "I don't want any of you leaving here until someone comes."
"OK," Andy thought that was a pretty good plan.
Reggie left. The five sat in silence for a bit. No one really knew what to say. Patrick caved in first.
"So, Pete...you OK?" asked Patrick.
"I guess," Pete didn't know what to say. How can I explain to them what I went through?
Kylie glanced down and noticed Pete's hand was covered in dry blood. "Pete...your hand...the blood..."
Pete bit his lip, "It's nothing, I just need some band-aids. Really." No one was convinced.
Kylie reached over and grabbed Pete's arm before he could object. He winced. She carefully pulled back the sleeve of his hooded sweatshirt. "Oh my gosh," she whispered.
Pete's whole arm was covered in cuts and fang marks.
"What happened?" Joe asked loudly.
"You need a lot more than band-aids," Patrick headed upstairs for bandages.
"Pete, what really happened?" Andy was concerned.
Pete pulled back his arm. "I'm fine!" I don't need their help.
"Pete! You are not fine!" Kylie was on the verge of tears. What isn't he telling us?
"It's nothing! Don't worry about me!" Pete yelled back. He stood up, but Kylie got up and grabbed him. "Let go of me!"
"Peter Wentz, sit down right now!" Kylie pushed him back into the chair. She looked straight into his eyes. "Pete, we're your friends, please tell us what happened."
Patrick came back downstairs with bandages and a lot of disinfectant.
Pete winced as Patrick put on the disinfectant. He sighed, "I got into a fight, nothing big."
Andy pulled up Pete's other sleeve to reveal more cuts. "Pete, these are a lot more cuts than what normally happens when you get into a fight."
"Pete," Kylie was freaked out. Please tell us what happened.
Pete winced again and swallowed, "OK..." he sighed, "I got picked on a lot, and Mariano made us fight each other. That's why he picked me to go after Kylie. And, some of the vampires bit me..." He looked down, ashamed that he was in such a state.
Kylie closed her eyes against the tears. Mariano is a monster! Patrick finished wrapping Pete's left arm in bandages and started on his right arm. Andy and Joe sat in silence.
"Well, that's good enough," Patrick said as he finished wrapping Pete's arm.
"Better get some sleep," Andy got up. He motioned for Joe and Patrick to follow him upstairs.
Pete and Kylie sat in silence for a while. Pete looked really depressed.
"Mariano is a monster, don't beat yourself up for having to do what he says," Kylie told Pete. "Mariano has a way of backing people into corners so the only way out is to do what he says. I've seen it happen countless times."
Pete stood up, "I don't want to talk about it. Let's just try to get some sleep."
Kylie got up and pushed in her chair. She sighed. /Will I never know the real Pete hiding behind the layers? /She hugged Pete tightly before he could pull away. Pete tried to take a step back, but he couldn't make his self move.
Pete hugged Kylie back. She started to cry, "Do you have any idea how scared I was for you?"
"No one cares that much about me," Pete was totally stunned.
Kylie looked up at him, "Everyone in this house cares about you! You're our friend!" Is he really that foreign to love and people caring about him?
Pete didn't really know what to say.
*
It was about midday and everyone was seated around the table, talking about nothing much and totally bored. Kylie's cell phone rang shrilly. She didn't hesitate to answer it this time; everyone wanted to know what was going on with The Agency.
Kylie opened up her cell phone and immediately recognized her dad's voice, "Kylie, Mariano is now the governor of this city."
She dropped her cell phone out of shock.
Sign up to rate and review this story