Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Forever More

Default Chapter

by ChuChu101 1 review

Winry feels terrible about everything that's happened and Ed and Al are gone, again. Set after the movie, no spoilers. Short fic with few chapters. Minor EdxWin later.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Pinako Rockbell - Published: 2006-10-16 - Updated: 2006-10-17 - 987 words

0Unrated
Forever More

By ChuChu101

Summary: Set after the movie, (though no spoilers) Winry feels crappy and expresses her feelings to the two people that she loves and hates most when they suddenly return to her.

Author's Note: There are two things that inspired me to write this. One, I felt crappy myself for my own reasons, and two, ShadowCloud62's story, Our Lady of Mechanics.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure if this is going to have more chapters or just be a one-shot, so... (There might be some stuff that doesn't go exactly with the original story line. Just warning ya!)
Winry held the pen in her hand, staring down at the blank sheet of paper. She narrowed her eyes as the thoughts of anger came bubbling to the surface. She sighed through clenched teeth and gripped the fountain pen harder. Winry then slammed her palm down on the paper and created a fist, causing the paper to crumple.

She was planning to write a letter to Ed and Al, confessing all her frustrated and maddening thoughts about them and everything that's happened ...to just let it all out. But now, she couldn't do it. Winry felt she couldn't... at least not at that moment since the sudden urge to let it all out by screaming took over.

Winry brought down both hands in a fist and banged the table with all her might. Her body started shaking, and then she started to shake even more furiously. Finally, Winry completely broke down into wailing sobs, tears running down her face from her eyes, red with sadness.

"Damn it, Ed! Why... Arr!" Winry screamed again and started pounding away at her desk.

"Why! Why! Why! Grrr!" Winry yelled each word between her pounds on the table. Finally, she raised her right arm as high in the air as she could and smashed it against the hard wood, but instead, Winry's hand landed on the fountain pen, causing it to break in half, spilling ink all over her white glove.

She just stared at her ink-covered hand with her mouth open as memories from her life suddenly started flashing in her mind. The frightening glow from the transmutation circle when Ed and Al made a doll for her... Ed, Al, Granny, and herself standing by the side of Trisha's grave... Al in that suit of armor, kneeling in the doorway and holding the bloody Ed in his metal arms... the burnt ruins of the Elric home... Al returning with his body, but with no Ed in sight... and finally... herself embracing Ed upon his return in two years...

After her mini flashbacks ended, Winry stopped crying and sighed, putting her head down in her crossed arms, feeling sorry for herself.

Knock knock.

Winry lifted her head and turned around to see Granny open the door and peak her head in.

"Is everything okay, Winry?"

She forced a faint smile and said, "Yeah, Granny."

"It's Ed, isn't it?"

Damn it, why did Granny always know what she was really thinking?

At first, Winry was only silent, but then she lowered her eyes and clenched her fists.

"Ed's... he's just..." she sighed and rested her head in her arms again.

Pinako opened the door all the way and walked to Winry's side, looking up at her with her pipe in her mouth.

Winry waited for her Granny to say something, but she didn't. So, she started again, "Granny, I..."

"Look at yourself, Winry."

Winry's eyes widened as she heard Pinako.

"What are you doing? Crying here, feeling sorry for yourself... Teh! Think what they'd want for you. Imagine what they'd think if they saw you right now. You shouldn't live in the past, Winry."

Winry lowered her head as she realized that was the truth.

"Thanks, Granny."

"Think about it." Pinako then left Winry to be alone.

She didn't hear the door close, though. Winry turned around to look behind her. Light shined from the open door. Then, that annoying phrase flashed across her mind, "When one door closes, another one opens."

She sighed at the thought. What was she supposed to do? Live her life by the proverbs? Yeah, right...

After Ed came back from his two years in that other world, he left her... again. Al also joined his big brother, reunited once again. It was just Winry and Pinako without the two Elric brothers.

There were so many emotions and thoughts going through herself. Winry partly hated Ed for leaving her, another part wanted to be with him so badly since he was always getting himself nearly killed. One part of Winry admired Ed for being so brave and having so much courage throughout everything he's been through. Another part loved him...

Winry wasn't surprised by this last thought. She had already admitted to herself that she loved Ed and for a very long while, too.

She just sat there for a long period of time, sorting out her thoughts. Finally, Winry got up to see how Granny was doing.

Pinako was in the kitchen cooking. She looked up at Winry, who had her shoes and coat on.

"Going somewhere?"

"Just for a walk, Granny. I'll be right back."

Pinako nodded and went back to cooking.

Winry ran outside with her head down and her hands in her pockets. She could see her breath in the cold night air as she stared at the ground, eyes almost closed as the sadness took over her. Winry looked up at the night sky, filled with millions of bright stars. A small smile formed on her lips, but then the memories came flooding back. She frowned and looked at the dirt path again.

When will this nightmare end?



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note: I've decided to make this into a chapter story, but with only a few chapters. So, don't expect like 12 chapters or something. It's just a short fic, that's all. Oh, reviews are appreciated!
Sign up to rate and review this story