Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Forever More

Chapter 2

by ChuChu101 1 review

Winry feels terrible about everything that's happened and Ed and Al are gone, again. Set after the movie, no spoilers. Short fic with few chapters. Minor EdxWin later.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Winry Rockbell - Published: 2006-10-16 - Updated: 2006-10-17 - 540 words

0Unrated
Forever More

By ChuChu101

Chapter 2

Weeks passed by and Ed and Al still had not returned. This made Winry even more depressed than she was before. She stopped talking as much and never seemed to Wreally smile anymore. Winry even started losing business at the shop because of how badly she was doing.

One day, Pinako came up to Winry, who was sitting on the porch watching the sunset, and sat down next to her. Winry didn't even shift her eyes to acknowledge her grandmother's presence. Instead, she just kept staring at the fiery sun going down and slowly disappearing.

"What have you done to yourself Winry?"

The blonde mechanic sighed as she rested her chin on hands. "I'm sorry, Granny. It's just..."

Pinako suddenly interrupted, "Don't be apologizing to me, Winry. Apologize to yourself!"

Winry was stunned yet again. Granny had said the words that were so true, it hurt. She stared back at the sunset, thinking about the past few weeks. She had been so caught up in her depressing feelings, that it affected not only herself, but everyone else around her. Winry had isolated herself from reality and ventured into her thoughts all the time.

All she ever thought about was that Ed and Al were not there and that she hated them for leaving her for the millionth time. She tried to do what Granny told her, to not live in the past, but instead, she didn't even live in reality. She lived in her own thoughts and emotions.

Winry thought and thought about it. Granny was right. She should stand up and straight and move forward. She had legs, didn't she? People have to move toward the future, otherwise they'll forget what they were supposed to be doing here on this planet in the first place. To live their life. To live the fullest they can.

She began to travel deeper into her mind and understand more. Winry couldn't dwell on the past, she had to forget about it. Wait, AM I supposed to forget about them? Oh, to hell with it!

Winry buried her face in her hands. She decided to not think about her last thought and tell Pinako what she finally understood.

"Granny, I think know what you mean, about forgiving myself and all. I shouldn't dwell on the past. I should move forward with my life. After all, that's what we're for in the first place anyway, right?

"Well anyway, I'm not sure, but I think I might need to forget about Ed and Al in order to start living again. It's as if I've thrown my true self away. Winry Rockbell isn't here anymore. She left. Now, there's only a cold hearted girl left in her place. I need to get her back. Just because Ed left me again for the millionth time doesn't mean I should cry about it forever, right? I love him, Granny. I've already admitted it to myself. I've accepted that I'm in love with that bastard. I... Granny?"

Winry turned her head to look at her grandmother, but Pinako wasn't there. Instead, Edward Elric was, staring at her with his mouth gaping.

Author's Note: Heh heh! Cliff hanger! What now? Ed's returned...


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to Top
Sign up to rate and review this story