Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Forever More

Chapter 3

by ChuChu101 0 reviews

Winry feels terrible about everything that's happened and Ed and Al are gone, again. Set after the movie, no spoilers. Short fic with few chapters. Minor EdxWin later.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Winry Rockbell - Published: 2006-10-16 - Updated: 2006-10-17 - 623 words

0Unrated
Forever More

By ChuChu101

Chapter 3

Winry's eyes widened and her jaw just dropped. Ed... No. She shook her head. Ed couldn't possibly be there. He was off somewhere traveling in the world again with Al. Ed just couldn't...

She buried her face in her hands as tears started falling from her eyes.

"Damn it," Winry muttered, "What the hell's wrong with me! Ed's not here. He can't be. Ed doesn't care. He wouldn't come back. He wouldn't..."

"What the hell, Winry!" Ed's voice rang loud and clear through the air, "Is that what you think? You think I don't care about you at all? You think that I can't possibly be here at all one little bit? What have you done to yourself?I'm back, Win. Face it, I'm HERE!"

Winry looked at him with astonished eyes. Could it be? Was Ed actually... back? Only one way to find out, I guess...

"Get outta my face, you short jerk!" she mumbled.

"WHAT THE FUCK! Why are you calling me a puny grain of rice when I'm taller than you! I... NO ONE CALLS ME...!" Ed stared yelling, but was caught by Winry who had jumped up from her chair and grabbed him into the tightest bear hug imaginable.

"Winry..."

"Ed... you're back. You're really here. You've come back home. I thought... you never... would... return!" She started sobbing into his shoulder.

Ed was just surprised for a moment, but then a smile slowly spread across his face as he put his arms round Winry and hugged her back.

"Yeah, I'm here."

She broke the embrace after about a minute and looked into Edward's eyes.

"So, where's Al?"

"He went inside."

Winry smiled faintly as she made her way backwards toward the door. She laughed a little and put her hand up to her mouth and muttered, "I still can't believe it." Then, she turned all the way around and bolted through the screen and front door, her hair disappearing behind it.

Ed grinned and shook his head, looking at the ground.

"I can't believe it, either."

Winry burst through the kitchen door and saw Al sitting across the table from Pinako, talking with her.

Al looked up and smiled.

"Hi Winry. We're back."

"Oh... Al!"

Tears started falling again, and Al shot up from his chair and embraced Winry.

"It's okay, Winry. We're here."

"I know! I know..." Winry said happily as she returned the hug.

Steps were heard coming toward the kitchen and stopped as they reached the entrance.

Al looked up and broke away slightly.

"Brother..." The younger Elric broke into a grin and ran to Edward's side.

Winry stared at the handsome pair. Ed was right. He actually was taller than her! Amazing... never thought I'd live to see the day where I would start to need to look up to Ed.

Al was wearing his caramel-colored hair in a ponytail and was wearing his brother's old outfit with the long red trench coat and black pants with the black top to go with it. Plus, the black boots.

Ed was wearing his usual, too. Long white-sleeved, button-down shirt with the sharp collar and his brown vest with his black pants and golden hair tied back in a ponytail, bangs falling against the sides of his face.

Pinako got up from the table. She looked the two up and down and said with her pipe bobbing up and down as she spoke, "Welcome home, boys."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note: I know, I know. Not much, BUT in next chapter more will be happen and be explained. Trust me! I just needed to write all this emotional happy stuff before I got on to the much more serious part. Reviews are greatly appreciated!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sign up to rate and review this story