Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Forever More

Chapter 4

by ChuChu101 1 review

Winry feels terrible about everything that's happened and Ed and Al are gone, again. Set after the movie, no spoilers. Short fic with few chapters. Minor EdxWin later.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Edward Elric - Published: 2006-10-16 - Updated: 2006-10-17 - 806 words

0Unrated
Forever More

By ChuChu101

Chapter 4

After a lot of hugs, tears, and kisses between the four, everyone started to settle down a little more. Pinako explained to Winry that when she was talking to her out on the porch and saw the two Elric brothers coming up the pathway, she went inside to talk with Al while she could talk to Ed. Pinako figured that Winry would notice right away.

"Granny! Why'd you do that? You could've just TOLD me they were here instead of leaving me to find out for myself. Besides, I was talking to you about some important things that Ed heard! PLUS..."

"Why are you mad? You should be happy that they're back! After all, that's why you were wallowing in sadness in the first place, 'cause they had left and didn't return! But now, they're back. So..."

"Okay, okay. I get it. It's just... how you'd go into the house with Al without me noticing!"

Pinako just laughed at this and went back downstairs to the kitchen, leaving Winry in her room. She pouted, but then sighed and flopped down on her bed, staring at the ceiling.

Knock knock knock.

Winry looked up at the door to see Ed standing there.

"Hey, Winry. Can I talk to you?"

Winry didn't feel good about this. She sensed something was wrong.

"Sure!" Winry sat up straight on her bed as Ed sat next to her, "So..."

"Back there, on the porch," Winry flinched at the sudden sound of his voice, "when you were talking, you said... that you loved me."

Winry's eyes widened when she heard Ed say the last part. She had forgotten about that, but now... what was she supposed to say? Did she still love him? Even then, at that very moment?

"Ed, I..."

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? Just... just feeling things like that for me? And...and just getting mad at us for leaving you? You, Winry, don't have a CLUE what we've been through just to get here! You think it's been tough? Well, think again! I've just come back from another world. While all this time, you just been feeling sorry for yourself since we weren't here to make you happy and smile again. Isn't that right? I..."

"SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP, ED! I... I..." Winry's face was twisted with hurt and anger. Ed had hit the spot. She felt as if she had just received a blow to the stomach and the pain was still there.

"You..." Winry looked down with shadowed eyes as they flooded with tears, her hands on her knees, clenched into fists and crumpling the ends of her skirt.

"Hmmm? What's the matter? Don't know what to say?"

"What the hell, Ed!" Winry shot back, as she got up from the bed and stood up, facing Edward, who was still sitting, watching her with a smirk, "How could you say that! You, Ed, don't know what it's been like HERE! In the REAL world!"

Ed's eyes widened to the fullest, but then he lowered his head down.

"Real world, huh? So, I don't know what it's been like in the real world. Well, isn't that something?"

Winry's face twisted from anger to frustration, staring at Ed.

"You always leave me," Winry mumbled quietly, "and I always think you'll never come back!" Winry looked up, eyes filled with sadness. "I'm always afraid that you died and that I never got a chance to say goodbye! Then, you come back miraculously, but before I know it, you've already gone again. It's the same thing every time! I don't know what to expect from you anymore! God damn it!"

Winry turned around, facing the wall and punched it with all her heart. She just stayed there with her back hunched and with all her weight centered on her fist against the wall.

Ed's mood softened a bit. He got up and placed his hand on her shoulder, "Win,"

But suddenly, Winry turned around a whipped Ed's arm off her shoulder.

Ed stumbled back surprised at her action, but before he could regain his balance, Winry slapped him straight across the face, HARD. He fell back on his hands, looking up at Winry and yelled angrily.

"What the fuck was that for, Win?" Ed rose his right hand to his red cheek that had a burning sensation to it from that slap Win gave him.

"Get away from me, you jerk!" she spat in his face and bolted out her door.

Ed sat there, stunned. Do something, you idiot! But Ed couldn't move from his spot on the ground. He just sat there, staring at where
Winry had been.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note: Whoa. This scene sure was intense. Find out what happens in the next chapter, which I will post tonight! Reviews are appreciated very much!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sign up to rate and review this story